Speaker 1: There's a question for you guys.
Speaker 2: Is there going to be a problem between him and servegno Na, Like I feel like their names is too close. If I'm Samenel, I don't want me. I don't want Samno. I don't want a Sameno around. I'm Savina Okay?
Speaker 3: That yeah, White British people pronounce noo.
Speaker 4: They're like, wait, which one did you say?
Speaker 5: Oh? Hello? Look at us getting back together before the year and getting back together in the midst of all the holiday revel ree amidst the festive period, as they have branded on the television where we have what is it, forty matches in sixteen days or something like that.
Speaker 4: We're in the thick of it.
Speaker 5: We're not taking a break because we love this fucking sport. This is ain't at footy. It's Match Week eighteen. It's time to go round the Horn. That's a new thing we just branded for this show called going around the Horn. Whereas all the panelists today, our guest co hosts our co host just going around the horn two to seventeen words m Yancey aka Jamel Johnson to summarize this week's action two to seventeen words.
Speaker 1: Friday, the movie, The movie Friday.
Speaker 2: You remember, remember that scene where Smokey's mom asked him to go get her some cigarettes.
Speaker 1: Yes, and she hands him like a dollar and he's like, yo, that's not enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and his mom goes make it enough yep, and just shuts the door on him.
Speaker 4: And then gets back on the phone.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's right back on the phone. That is, this week we get our Arsenal. Arsenal gets another ome goal, Tottenham wins on some bullshit villa winning despite the low XG people pulling stuff out of that rast.
Speaker 1: Make it enough?
Speaker 5: Yeah, make it enough. Chris Martin, you've been in the news. I've been in the news. Yeah, well, well the other Chris Martin. But what is the the other one?
Speaker 1: Do you see?
Speaker 5: The cold Play lady was trying to.
Speaker 3: Be like and Chris Martin said something to me, She's I saw a really funny thing about how like only a white woman she on her husband and then make it like a boohoo story. My life's been ruined by me cheating on with my boss.
Speaker 5: Yeah, which where's Chris Martin? And also Coldplay owes me a statement? But how about two to seventeen words for you? Chris to describe the weeks.
Speaker 4: Sex, I was just I just I had to.
Speaker 3: You know, you prepare for something and you hear someone else's thing, like I've not prepared.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah that Jamel.
Speaker 5: I was like, this.
Speaker 4: Guy, give this guy the oscar for that.
Speaker 5: This is this is Billy Madison when you had to play the clarinet following up that violin solo.
Speaker 2: This is the first time I ever prepared as well, So I'm really good.
Speaker 3: I just I just went with two to one just because like the games were two one.
Speaker 4: I love it. I love that, love that, I love that.
Speaker 3: I was trying to think about something creative and I was just like every game was two one, so just two one.
Speaker 4: It's there one.
Speaker 5: And also for me, skin tight, because what the it's just copycat city, skin tight capt City. Those are my five two through two to seventeen cards to describe that stop copying us, stop stop just eking out wins, trying to be like the top of the table like us.
Speaker 4: But let's get into it. I guess we'll go kind of in order.
Speaker 5: The first in terms of the title race, the first match we had was Forrest versus City. They were hosting City Forrest one City two shout out on Mari Hutchinson, the young gunner, scoring a goal that almost made it seem like.
Speaker 4: Oh maybe man, maybe do something.
Speaker 5: Then fucking Cherky beef Jerky coming through with the fucking eighty third minute winner. There's nothing new to say about it. I feel like every week I'm like, yeah, okay, all right, okay, Well they can't get touched, though they do let in the goals here and there, so there is that.
Speaker 4: There is that.
Speaker 5: But Jesus christ Man, it's they're they're humming along. And am I tripping a little bit? Yes? I am? I am? I am? When I look at sort of what Arsenal is doing and the sort of the lack of the fire we've got up right right now, I feel a little bit uh freaked out.
Speaker 4: But Jamel, how'd you feel about that?
Speaker 5: That too? One City went over Forrest.
Speaker 2: I mean, nobody will remember that it was zero zero at half, and Forrest also had some pretty good chances in that half. I mean, truth be told, I think the best thing we could have hoped for was a draw, because Forrest was never gonna win. All of their chances lined up with City having better chances. The draw was our best hope. And I don't think Forrest wanted to win, because the owner of the team probably would have made him go to a brothel. If they wanted to, we would have definitely gone. It would have turned into some sort of mob type show. Yeah that nobody was interested in.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Mary Knakis would have been like, what do you mean, o May you're a virgin. No, I'm saving myself because I'm Christian. You're another priest.
Speaker 4: Get over here. I'm going to hook you up.
Speaker 5: Bro, please please, mister Marynaks, I'm a good Christian boy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Mary Nackt's probably got him scared to win and lose. Yeah exactly. They're like, bro, I can't go back. That's why drawers in their best interest to all us. Yeah, absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 3: I just realized, because of the downfall this season, we've that's the first mention we've had of Maranakis.
Speaker 5: Yes is a crying shape. So we did it in some of the test episodes. But the people, the people won't know senius records.
Speaker 4: For the special patrons that do exists.
Speaker 5: Yeah exactly, Yeah, our own self critics, but yeah, that's true. I mean for people who if you're somewhat new to the league. I really recommend you just looking up the Wikipedia page for Marynacus, the owner of Nodding Forest.
Speaker 4: He is a full blown gangster.
Speaker 5: Uh. And when you juxtapose that information with the weird Morgan Gibbs white transfer that was not the Tottenham, you're like, oh, yeah, he's straight up threatned this guy's family or some shit. He has no deal.
Speaker 3: A shipping company, which I think is that that just means mafia right when you no one, if you if you have stuff to do the docs, there's no way there's not some some shady stuff happening.
Speaker 5: At the Dogs. How do you think shit gets in and out?
Speaker 1: Baby?
Speaker 5: At the Dogs? We've seen the wire, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: We know how seen that old season there as well?
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 4: It's my knowledge. That's good.
Speaker 5: Hey, look, as long as you have an HBO based knowledge of street crime, does.
Speaker 3: That just one of my does that count as one of my black black shows?
Speaker 1: Or is that absolutely? Like?
Speaker 3: It's a mix. It's a season Season two, the whitest one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it. I like it. All the white people I know don't like season two because I like.
Speaker 5: I like because I'm like, bring me to your white world.
Speaker 2: Of crime.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I felt like, let me see how y'all do it when you have your hands on the levers. Yeah, city whatever, Buckle up, y'all, buckle up.
Speaker 3: That's all we got to talk about Ryan Ryan Chucky because we were saying before, like it feels like some of the players are listening to this podcast, because yeah, we were giving him a lot of a stick stick for being a bit too heavy at the way and he obviously white the correct way for pep go line and assist, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: And the goal was a sweet one. Nothing better than that.
Speaker 3: Do you think that they got much of a case for a foul on Morgan Gibbs White as he gets pushed to the ground kind of kind of weight.
Speaker 4: It's in the PREMI you're not gonna get Yeah, I mean, as if.
Speaker 5: Something should have been given.
Speaker 2: I saw Wayne Rooney say Gibbs White actually kind of started that. He kind of he's doing a little chicken wing. He's holding his arm kind of kind of tucking it.
Speaker 5: I was just gonna check in on Wayne Rooney's hair plugs.
Speaker 1: You take a look, I mean, they look wet. They're at the point of it.
Speaker 3: Well, he got the early ones, right, he got him early, He got him early.
Speaker 5: But see he did the thing where he hedged his bats and thought the ship wasn't going to blow out in the back and just address the front. And then he started losing up in the back, and they're like, bro, what the fuck? What is this?
Speaker 4: So he had to go back to kind of fill everything out. He got two generations.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the fact that he's an ex pro and the modern era, and he is unashamedly just become quite large, Like he's like, no, no attempts to just fight his genes.
Speaker 5: That that was his That's who he was always meant to be. It's just being a professional athlete. Just put that off because everything was like your training, They've got dieticians and shit like that. He's meant to be a guy who's like like a like a regular at a chicken shop or something. You know what I mean. Certain fights saying I used to play for the Everton youth team or some shit like that. Yeah for sure, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, probably replete with throwing a person of color through a window like Charles Barkley did. Have you have you heard that whole story how like these white women were egging him on to do that. Apparently there's that famous story about Charles Barkley throwing some dude through a window and everyone's like, everyone's like, yeah, dude, he fucking kicked this guy's ass. It wasn't like Charles Barkley is a absolute monster for doing that. Ship Like when you read the actual account of what happened, this guy was like minding his business and like these women are like, he's a dick, Charles, you should fucking do something about it. And he was his drunk ass was like all right through this little dude. He was like a like a like a newly immigrated person in the US through window.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The guy he was just doing like uh, handing out summonses or whatever, like.
Speaker 5: Just getting served. Yeah, oh god.
Speaker 1: Serving these ladies and subpoena.
Speaker 5: Anyway, this is not a basketball podcast, but Chris, you should know more more Charles Barkley lore if you need to, if you want to, if you want to be at the cookout, you need to know a little bit more about Charles will come up again, Yeah and look into his time with the Sixers. Two really story period story.
Speaker 2: Uh, this is uh, this is probably one of the more toxic things about me. I kind of like that city is back, mmmm, because it's gonna feel that much better. Yeah, we beat these fools when we win the league this year, nobody's gonna get the nobody's gonna be like always broke down Liverpool. You beat yeah Villa once, No, we beat we went totally with the.
Speaker 4: Real city, or we shit the bed completely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one of the other.
Speaker 4: You're a terrible British person.
Speaker 3: As a British person, I want them to be deducted fifty points.
Speaker 4: And even with that, I'm still terrified.
Speaker 3: Yeah in the league right, deducted points tomorrow and I don't care. It's not the way that I want to win it. Win it give me that, give me that title. Two years for the title.
Speaker 1: Chris, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: When the season started, I was like, I was kind of like, I'm waiting for that point deduction announcement, you know what I'm saying, Like, let's.
Speaker 3: Get that, mate, Let's work the year off, right, the season long VR decision. You're just like, just give me that points deduction.
Speaker 5: Baby, please please? Oh we want to we want two titles actually to as a result of that.
Speaker 3: Great what if they win the title by two points and they get deducted three points the evening of winning the title.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 5: Oh so doing like yeah, doing the la la land oscar basically and then say doing the puz Nan to celebrate, and while their backs are tons on the screen behind their backs, it flashes up points deduction. I like that. I love that where they're like, actually, no, it's moonlight. It's moonlight, y'all.
Speaker 1: It wasn't.
Speaker 4: It wasn't l l light, it's Arsenal.
Speaker 5: Oh what the fuck? And I'm Barry Jenkins. I'm like, oh, okay, yeah, I'll take that. Moving on or anything else on?
Speaker 2: Uh, well, mentioned the igor Jaesus, he got a good game.
Speaker 1: Welcome Arsenal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Ego Jesus. And I put him in the.
Speaker 3: What's the Brentford guy ego to two egles? Yeah big, the two genders hold the bull up.
Speaker 4: Do you think Dian should have been sent off?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, in a in a world that's truly fair, Yeah, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 3: Truly on the way he's like, looks like he's just running, so it's like accidental, but he definitely knows what he's doing.
Speaker 2: He knows what Yeah, Yeah, that's a, that's a super educated foul. But that's why they didn't. They were like, listen, it was a soft foul. Yeah, he did it on purpose, but he.
Speaker 3: Acted the acted. He acted well enough that they gave it. They were like props to that. Yeah, professional level foul.
Speaker 5: Now looking up the table m first place, we have Arsenal beating Brighton two to one at the Emirates, Martin Oderguard with a goal. Look when Martin Noderguard's scoring, I feel like we usually are winning those typics. I'm like when we're when he's scoring, we're playing well. Great assist from bukay Osaka. Then another goal for the homie O g O Goali is owen goal. I think, as what they call him on the Arsenal subreddit.
Speaker 4: Sign goal.
Speaker 5: We've signed Owen gold Georgino Rudder with an own goal. And then, as you said, I think preparation and each.
Speaker 3: Time is that what you JUDI time when it's like this diego Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was fucking as they say, a nervy affair, A nervy affair, but thank.
Speaker 4: God what this out? Is it nervy? And I heard something like this on the ass cast, which I do.
Speaker 3: Listen to and they were talking about this is it nervy because we are all nervy. I mean like if you're just watching it, if we were like third versus fifth, and you're just like not really going to just be like all right, that's a period in the game where they get because Arsenal battered them so hard in the first time they they had like fifteen shots to zero shots.
Speaker 4: Yeah, first off, it was wild.
Speaker 3: And so you're like, this is and then they just had a period and then and then right if you actually think that the last sort of after that amazing riot save, they didn't really have many chances. But I think it's because there's because against city breathing down the net, you're just like, it's it's just that it's our own we're manifesting a little bit more yea hemorrhoids than we need to.
Speaker 5: Maybe yeah, for sure, we're giving ourselves They for sure big.
Speaker 2: Ditch from everybody watching, everybody involved, And it's so different from the first title race. The first time we were in the race, I feel like everybody's energy was like listen, bro, just do whatever you can. We're gonna back yea, it doesn't matter. And that has in three years that has turned two. You better fucking score, man, get fucking around.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah exactly. Man. I think the other reason why I felt so nervy too is because we're in a title race, and.
Speaker 4: We are it feels like.
Speaker 5: We haven't had like a real comfortable win in a while, like one so long, like at least not in the Premier League, you know what I mean. We've had some great performances and the champions Leage, et cetera, but like it's been a minute. Was a lost one Tottenham was the last one. We were flying and there was the Byron like there was just there was like that run and then the injuries hit and we needed Owen Gold to bail us out of more than fucking every match.
Speaker 4: Like if we go back, it was palace. We had an own goal even before that.
Speaker 5: It's so I think the the thing where it's like, okay, we're dominating, which looks great that first half I was like, yes, exactly, we're pining the ball around, we look like we're taking shots and things like this, but the inability to turn that into like okay, now we've we've turned you over. It's three nilo. Even if you score one we're not sweating. I think it's that part that I think for me personally, like especially with that Martinelli chance that was right in the front of the goal. You and I'm like, you fucking that's the difference in my mind. I'm saying, this is the difference between a team that is lifting the trophy at the end of the season and one that's gone.
Speaker 4: Fuck man, like, like you get our ship together in front.
Speaker 1: Of goal that soccer won on one as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think you think so.
Speaker 3: Obviously at the moment, I think it's nine expected goals in the last four games.
Speaker 4: And Arsenal players have scored one, yeah, out of nine.
Speaker 3: So playing aston Veter on Tuesday, which will be later today as this gets released, when they're overperforming that Rogers is banging him in from this. And so if you're our teta and we all love our tetas, and even if you're not an art An Arsenal fan, I think you find our testas methods fascinating and probably take the.
Speaker 4: Piss out of the quite a lot. What is he doing?
Speaker 3: What is he doing right now to make the players finish their dinner?
Speaker 1: What games?
Speaker 2: Well, he needs to start making califiory eat dinner. Maybe skip maybe CALIFIORI need to skip dinner. Yeah wait so yeah do hear diaryea? Oh he got DIARYE Yeah he got.
Speaker 5: That was the thing, because I remember said listening to the podcast, he got something very strange. Right, this isn't Whatteta said something very.
Speaker 2: Strange, strange, very his pants on the train the ground man, exactly what.
Speaker 4: He did in the warm up. He was in the warm up. Yeah, his pants in the warm up happened Miles, yeah man, yeah yeah, suit up, bro, suit up, show us you're underpants.
Speaker 1: All right, you're in too, right, I would check his pace.
Speaker 5: Let me set inside out of the bend over like we like like this is jail squat and cow Okay, good you in, you in?
Speaker 4: No, I'm not lying this mofucker shit himself.
Speaker 3: This guy, you can't. I feel like it's this when he's in very strange. He's never have to make a decision before. But if someone goes to you have ship my pants. If you I don't think you should be playing again. If you can't control your own asshole, there's no way you can control the football in front of sixty thousand people.
Speaker 4: That's just mom.
Speaker 1: Man, guys.
Speaker 5: Guys, guys, guys, guys, this one thing, guys. If we can, if we can control our sphincters, guys, we're not going to control the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how do we control?
Speaker 5: To have to have loose asshole, guys, we have a loose defense, guys, Coach.
Speaker 2: I agree, but don't make me eat ramen two hours before the game.
Speaker 5: Bro Okay, Then just eat the powder. Just eat the spice packed powder. Just eat that with a little water. Guys, that's it, But get the flavor. I think that's what it was, Coach. Is too much salt and shit? Yeah, man, yeah, I don't know. I mean, like part of me, the whole thing. It's like it's it's almost like if I was going full blown Arteta and I had the just every film technology available to me, I would be doing like inception of these people, and I would be running them through so many traumatic memories where they were they if they had just fucking got it together in that one second, maybe Grandma wouldn't have got hit by a train, maybe your dog wouldn't have fucking exploded, or maybe whatever it is. So they fucking they got that shit burning in their mind, and then give them a little taste and then then I will fuck with them.
Speaker 4: Then I'll put them in the match.
Speaker 5: They're suddenly in the match and like the chances are right there, and just run that over and over and over, create a traumatic event, bring them out and be like okay.
Speaker 4: Ready, so nice. So that's like the opposite of therapy.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, it's so so scared.
Speaker 4: I'm hell raiser. Yeah yeah, I'm pinning head. You're you're you're like living in okay. I mean I wouldn't be. I was gonna I didn't.
Speaker 5: Also, I didn't grow up in a nurturing home. So I think that's the difference.
Speaker 4: In my mind.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, yeah, onto that tough love. Yeah, you motivate them with the threat of hell.
Speaker 4: That's so funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like he's gonna go, you go full King Richard on them and just like yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, which yogurt. They already did that. The yoga is mere you go. You know what I'm saying. He in a wrong distant relationship now no friends?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Did yeah? We read that thing right?
Speaker 1: He said?
Speaker 3: He said, he said it is quote. He goes, I've got no my girlfriend's not with me. I've got no one here. I've got no friends. I've only got football, and it's like, well, mate, you need to be kicking more balls in the goal of that. If he was like, i've got a toddler, I'm so tired, I'd be like, I'm a single parent. Yeah, I understand, Yeah, You've got no. He's literally gone, I've just got no. I've got no. I've got the opposite of excuse, I'm just lonely. He's actually very lonely on the field as well. He's got no he's not connected to any players, he doesn't do any wall passing or anything. He's just sad on his own, doesn't get the ball. Sacker doesn't even give him the ball. He's a sad boy.
Speaker 5: Interesting stat though, about how when he is not on the field the teams press much more aggressively, because like that was always a thing that the unspoken part of his game is that him being there forces defenses to respect us a little bit, because when it was Marino, they're like, broll, I'll run a foot race against this dude backwards and beat him, whereas like with Jakarez, that gives us a little more freedom on the on the periphery, like on the wings and things like that. So he has like he definitely has this gravitational pull, but yeah, the finishes like Gary lin I saw a quote from Gary Lineker talking about how he's like his runs are very like static and they're not very He's not. He's not, Yeah, and also not being where he like a ball should be or being clever with his run. Yeah, exactly, rather than being like, bro, just get it in here. I'm going to find a way to get like in front of my man and I'll be able to do some ship.
Speaker 2: There's no friends behavior. He don't believe. Yeah, they're not coming.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we stood not going to think a birthday hat on his ship.
Speaker 4: It's my birthday today. Not telling people.
Speaker 3: He's texting people before the game, guys, just I'll be in. I'll be top right corner of the box.
Speaker 1: Put me in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll be right there. Look for the banners and just say it with Victor's birthday and it's full. He sent a part of full invite out no one. No one's responded. He's like, I got I did my own artwork. I put a picture of me as a baby boy on there.
Speaker 1: No, yes is twenty five maybes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I couldn't believe it was me and a baby photo and I said, this fucker is turning twenty seven.
Speaker 4: Can you believe it? Nobody showed up. Unbelievable. So yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 5: I mean, like obviously, as as you're listening to this, we could we might be screaming into the depths of hell over the villa result, or we might be getting away with something.
Speaker 4: Who knows, but maybe we should move on to the she just.
Speaker 3: One one one more second on David Rye's Safe, How yeah, God Save in the century.
Speaker 4: Next to my son watching it and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, you know when you see it, like that's that's in, that's in, And he says, like that is if I die tomorrow and my flashback of my life, I'd put that in the same level as my son being born, you know what I mean, just like in terms of the second of joy. Yeah, stuff that comes with your kid being born. There's there's pooh, there's blood, there's.
Speaker 4: Just clean clean.
Speaker 5: Hear the first out of me though, I was God, I mean the amount of saves he's I mean, we're we're getting our every pen he's worth with that transfer fee.
Speaker 3: We've got big old hands and you needed every every every millimeter from big hands.
Speaker 2: And I want to say every ball he played also was really good too.
Speaker 1: He was really good on the ball.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's a solid look guy.
Speaker 4: He scares me. He does his skate.
Speaker 3: He's so good with it, just like under his studs the ball and I'm like, I'd absolutely gash on my neck.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, he's so comfort I think because we still we still have like the Ramsdale chills too, exactly, don't get cute, don't cut you, don't cut your no, God, but he is so fucking cold with it. I'm like, yeah, I'll trust a Spanish keeper with the ball to his feet. Although I'm not Kepa isn't as skillful with the bar feed. He's not, but he's he's a pretty but he's a great shots stopper. So he's just got Netso se Net was bro well. I mean, I know why we had him on a on a loan.
Speaker 3: But when you when you when all the shops are closed, in the gas stations open for anniversary.
Speaker 5: Gifts, Yeah, yeah, exactly, yeah you get that angels, Yeah at a fridge magnet, fridge magnet. Wait, hold on, you bought this at the Burbank airport when you landed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he Sandwich.
Speaker 4: Hey guess what, babe, but I love you.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 4: Check out this poster.
Speaker 5: This is the La Times cover when the Dodgers won the World Series in twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not even l twenty one.
Speaker 5: This is even What the fuck is this?
Speaker 4: I don't know, man. It was in the back, it was cheap whatever.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah that last year, it really was.
Speaker 5: The club was closing, the lights came on and we had to get out of there with with with something and we're like, raheem netto you coming with us. That's true, so Chelsea. Look elsewhere in the title race, Chelsea won asketon Villa to Joel Pedro opened up the scorer and then Olie Watkins on a fucking tear. This guy is apparently what he is now, only behind Earling Holland by many goals, though in terms of away goals scored eighteen goals. He scored more Premier League goals in London. Yeah, it's going to be that's a specific news. Yeah, yeah, just since twenty twenty one. That's a long time, considering Holland wasn't playing a twenty twenty one year but okay, let's let's let's really widen that window out. But yeah, eight straight consecutive wins for Villa.
Speaker 4: If I thought they won eleven in a row.
Speaker 1: Is that Champions League and stuff too?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's eight league games.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was a weird game, right because Chelsea it was a very similar to the Arsenal Brighton game that they dominated. Were only won they'll up Yeah, and then but who and I he did some tactical I was thinking he. I think he sort of likes his team not doing well, so he gets to do loads of little changes. He's like a like a chef, you know, the guy when you're cooking something, someone comes.
Speaker 4: And stirring the pot. We do it didn't need to be stirred, but you wanted.
Speaker 3: He just wants to do that, So I almost wonder he gets his teams to stand off. And then Chelsea, yeah, they they have a finishing issue. They're like very much trying to be like Arsenal. Young players buy I'm young. I don't have anyone that can reliably score. But unlike Arsenal, they've been more experienced Arsenal and kind of ride out that this momentum change or as Chelsea just the bed is they've done a they've cala furied the bed, if you know what.
Speaker 5: I mean, if it's yeah, because if it's if it's wide open, they play well. But if it's like one of these like tactical sort of it becomes like a war of attrition. That's when Chelsea really struggles. They just can't. They're having trouble breaking teams down like that. But Villa, I mean what our boy Urie Teleman's got an assist on that second goal. Facial hair is still looking pretty good. He could somebody could just trim it up a little bit, edge it up a little bit for him.
Speaker 2: But still, I've always wondered what it would be like if a Marionette had a great left foot mm hmm. And that's always one of this The question has been answered. Honorble mentioned to reach James, the Reggie Miller of football is better than him, let's see.
Speaker 1: And as far as the.
Speaker 2: Technics, I kind of knew Villa was being a little cagy when they started with Marlin up top, wasn't it, Daniel Marlin?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Marlin, he's never really he used to be an Austin.
Speaker 5: Academy, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, yep, and then went to Germany.
Speaker 2: They got rid of him for looking like Hector from Training Day Hate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's funny. He looks he looks, uh, he looks good. Guys that he looks seventeen and also fifty seven. He's got no, he's a really confusing head of a human being to a guy's age.
Speaker 4: He's like twenty seven, right, he.
Speaker 5: Definitely like he already Uh he is twenty six.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: I was like, I was gonna just say, sure, dude, any age you could put him, any age?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he definitely.
Speaker 5: Like if you said he was in that rap group Das Racist from like fifteen years ago, i'd believe it. They're like, oh yeah, he was in das Racist, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 3: He'd be annoying if he monked you, because it'd be like, what was the age of the attacker?
Speaker 5: Muh and okay, he had like a forty three year old hairline, but his but he didn't have wrinkles around him. His skins was steam but his eyes were droopy, like he don't sleep. But I don't know how to put it. He was fourteen going on fifty. It's it's a heart I don't know, constable. I see that has a constable there because I was really playing the part, did it?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Villa?
Speaker 5: Now I mean this, I mean look at the table right now. It's fucking height. Uh, it's it's only what three points separating us in Villa, two points between us and City.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and now Liverpool.
Speaker 3: Is in the top for it again, so I know it's really rat Chelsea below.
Speaker 4: It's a very odd it's very confusing.
Speaker 1: Did you get above Chelsea?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, They're on the same point, same point, same points, just goal difference just by yeah, there were seven seven goal difference advantage.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of It does show there's a lot of teams are like really hot and cold. I think it is literally Arsenal, City and Villa, right are the three good teams. Yeah, and then obviously like City and Villa on a great run. But then below that it's like Chelsea, man, you and Liverpool complete like yeah.
Speaker 4: You just don't know what you're gonna get one.
Speaker 5: Uh and yeah, I mean, look, this has been a wild season. I mean, obviously Liverpool they've had their problems, but just thinking about this at the end of match day five, this season Villa was in eighteen without a single victory. From Madge Day's six onwards, they've won more games twelve and more points thirty six points than any other side. So they just they turned it up. They turned it up.
Speaker 4: We'll see for less, we'll see last.
Speaker 2: They have these firing They got everybody firing at the right time.
Speaker 1: It's annoying.
Speaker 3: Arsenal Villa on Tuesday is a really big day for the x G obsessives, right because the XG obsessives are all like, this can't last, this can't last, and they their Christmas has been ruined by Villa overperforming or XG and Arsenal seemed to be underperforming it.
Speaker 4: So yeah, if.
Speaker 3: You're an XG, like if you pray at the ultra of XG, you're hoping Arsenal win. But it's hard though, because if you've got guys that are really good at shooting from distance, that's going to screw your XG up.
Speaker 4: Like Morgan Rodgers has been a phenomenon.
Speaker 3: And you know, I mean the goals they scored the Watkins goes, some more standard goals, even though that first one was quite lucky from the ricochet, but ext nuts, it's gonna be a big day for them.
Speaker 5: Tuesday, we got we got Gabby back though too some yeah.
Speaker 1: Back in time, and he made it through the game. Yeah, thank god.
Speaker 2: And I assume I assume they'll they'll get califiri some pepto by tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Like he's yeah, it's a weird one. Got take well. In my head, I was like, you just had diary.
Speaker 3: And then I was like, if you have pretty bad diary, there's no way I'd be able to play a game of football in three days time.
Speaker 5: You gotta look, you drink some ginger ale, have some rice porridge, you know what I mean. Get your stomach right, you'll be back. I got to like not move for twenty four straight hours.
Speaker 1: You man.
Speaker 5: They're doing the warm up and they're just like doing that thing where they like lift their hips and ship like a hip lock. They're like, oh, hey, Ricky man, you know what yeah yeah yeah, Miles, Miles Yeah yeah, suit up, bro, suit up. He's not right, he's not right.
Speaker 2: I think we got to start mad Awake. I think madawa Ke has got to be the guy. Uh wow, wow, we gotta a little villain to then.
Speaker 3: Now you know what what I see what you mean you come on, stroke, what what's happened is Madaweka as a and not They have not hit the fogging defensive standards for Miguel.
Speaker 4: That's that's that's what he puts. He puts.
Speaker 3: He puts people in jail to like in I don't know what they have to do, have to defend. He sends armed men to their house. They have to defend their property a requisite level before he lets them. Then come on the field.
Speaker 5: He was behind that thing when remember got there. He almost got stabbed up and say Colazinach had to defend him. That was Michel, that was he was playing the long game. He's like, let me see what they got real quick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, last he's you.
Speaker 5: That's you.
Speaker 4: That's the fogging standard. He's like, that's good. He's like, bro, you sopped as hell.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: You hit the way you hit behind that man? No, no, no, all right, let's take a break. Let's take a stick a break. When we come back, we'll talk about a lesser Manchester after this.
Speaker 4: Ed we're back.
Speaker 5: Uh man United one Newcastle nil. Got to say, Patrick Dorghu your best mate. I said, Bro, You've never so no one has looked more like their name on some door gouass ship.
Speaker 4: But then you come through.
Speaker 5: Just when I thought I was right, you prove me wrong. Patrick, not even.
Speaker 3: Like a like a snipe, like a like a seriously difficult finish.
Speaker 5: That was no, no skillful, skillful from the Dane.
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't even really believe he was Danish. I refuse to believe he's Danish. Bro believe it. Believe it's like immigration.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Joshua King who used to play for Bournemouth. Right, he was Norwegian and I just couldn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But also his name is josh He was mixed, right, but his name is Joshua King. Yeah, and I was like that, none of the makes sense. Yeah, what Gambian father Norwegian mother?
Speaker 5: There? It is just kidding.
Speaker 4: But so what's doogo? What's he rocking? Parental wise? Door goo?
Speaker 5: Let's see if you're a Patrick asked door goo. Uh, he just grew up in Copenhagen. All right, so he's just a Nigerian kid living in Denmark. So he'd been out here.
Speaker 2: It looks like all right, man, shout out to you man, hope you enjoyed your Christmas.
Speaker 5: Ham Yeah, hell hey, or you know, it's very hooky or whatever that word that Danish people use for cozy. I don't know, bro, that's the hardest fucking language to pronounce, Like.
Speaker 1: You got Danish slang.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you said, oh yeah, because my uh, you know, my partner, her majesty, she studied abroad there in college.
Speaker 4: So she she brought back random.
Speaker 2: He brought back some Vanish. She brought back a bunch of those butter cookies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, exactly where you put all your.
Speaker 1: Nation on the back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, where I put all my sewing materials.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that version of Snapple Yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: But anyway, man, you one new cat. I mean, look, United's.
Speaker 4: Their their klon.
Speaker 5: Weighing them holding on to a one to old lead is the most shocking thing about this game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as well as Amrim after going I'll never change, I'll never change, I'll never change back for baby Wow changes and I read today the reason he's changing, he sort of is what did he say?
Speaker 4: He was basically like.
Speaker 3: It's not because of the pressure from from you guys or the fans. Because now we understand the way we want to play, and the principles are the same, we can change the system.
Speaker 4: I think we're going to be compat team.
Speaker 3: But when you talk previously about changing the system all the time, I can't change it because it plays on and I'm changing because of you. I think that is the end for a manager. It's like, that's a very weird it's a weird thing to be like, even though he probably needed to change it.
Speaker 4: But I didn't want anything. It was because of you. Guys just be like, wow, so insecure.
Speaker 5: Ye's existent.
Speaker 1: He's extremely anxious as what to tell them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm still wearing my Kanye West merch because I believe in it and I'm not going to change. It's because y'all telling me this is problematic. I'm going to myself. That is some Chris put it down now. It was a decision I made. I wasn't about to have y'all thinking that y'all got me to do all this shit, even though you did, even though you did, even though you did.
Speaker 3: Nothing to do with and then names names every journalist, your name and day of buff in his burn book.
Speaker 2: Damn, that's my My mom did the same thing when she lost dessert privileges in Thanksgiving two thousand and eight. My my aunt came over with a better dessert.
Speaker 1: She made it. Oh huh, and it was you.
Speaker 6: Know what I mean.
Speaker 5: It was a little bit yeah, yeah, that's the power struggle.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, and then she just stepped down because she knew that she'd been displaced.
Speaker 4: Was it a hostile tae.
Speaker 2: It wasn't fully hostile. I think it was agreed upon. Yeah, my mom starts making my aunt's dessert.
Speaker 4: Oh see, she.
Speaker 1: Changed her whole She went through a back and forth.
Speaker 4: Because of y'all wing too. Yeah, what was the dessert change? What are we talking?
Speaker 2: It was originally I think we were doing are doing a sweet potato pie, which we love. But bon comes through Thanksgiving away with a banana pudding with the little chessman on top.
Speaker 1: Oh, she've never seen anything like.
Speaker 4: Chess pieces.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, pepper butter cookies has chest pieces on the cookies. Okay, okay, So for hit chess piece inside though. That was a little treat for the kids.
Speaker 5: Forgoing the traditional nill a way for in the banana pudding and went for the Oh that's classy. So she put her entire foot in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, went big time and it killed and there was questions being asked, wow in the house. So there was a lot of like I ain't nah, I don't even like banana puting, y'all like banana pudding that went on for a while, y'all think of back for is popping.
Speaker 4: I don't know, y'all. Do y'all even watch football? I don't know do y'all even know? Is that even wellvin have enough players on the field if I just I don't.
Speaker 5: Even think I picture that reaction when you when everybody had that first bite of your aunt's dessert was like when uh they found out when Tyryan ran Carragher found out that Brendan Rodgers got sacked in the studio and he touched his thigh, was oh did you Oh what? Oh ship.
Speaker 1: We're all looking around like can we react to this? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, just like what the fuck?
Speaker 3: Then you have to go sympathy bites of your mom's dessert for a little bit.
Speaker 5: She could tell, she could tell, Yeah, she immediately she knew you were.
Speaker 4: Next year, she just comes up on a pudding a year later.
Speaker 2: A year later, now there's chessman in our home.
Speaker 4: That's the thing.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, Okay, She's like, actually I thought I thought wing backs are played out anyway, you know what I mean? I feel like there's other ways to stretch the pitch out. You don't need you don't need to play a backfire anyone. It's fine, it's fine. I'm just doing some more guardiolasimow. That's what I'm into now, all right. Liverpool Wolves Liverpool two Wolves won first visit for Wolves since Yogo Jota's passing Wolves obviously the club Diogo Jota signed from before joining Liverpool. His family was out there at the beginning of the match. It was a really a wonderful moment. There was all kinds of stuff before, Like I saw that the night before, like the Wolve squad had gone to like lay flowers like at anfield for Diogo Jota. Ryan Gravinbert great, great, just first time, just like lurking around the edge of the box said yeah, I'm having that boom just tucked in neatly.
Speaker 4: And then Florian.
Speaker 3: Vits little tiny Flodian flow flow float the little man flow.
Speaker 5: You got your goal flow. You will done, buddy, great great from flod God exitk though, what an assist if.
Speaker 3: We want to be When you watch that that They signed the center forward for pretty much the same hymn chefs go and uh and Gyokarez are kind of the three, and then you just see one who's really good at playing football and scoring goals. In the other two, I'm not good at yeah by for those things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Chessco's good at dunking. Though he's good at dunking the basketball.
Speaker 2: He can't get a windmill, so I gotta give you.
Speaker 5: Through the legs. I think I saw one dude one through the legs too. I think you're right, Yeah he's I mean, I actually I enjoy surprised if he gets the mid season transferred to the Wizards.
Speaker 4: Is that always saying.
Speaker 5: Well, he will get you know, he will get his ship.
Speaker 4: He will get rolled up in the NBA. But it is nice to see.
Speaker 5: I like seeing when you see goofy ass strikers because also he's coming from a basketball nation.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what I don't like saying, yeah, Tim Howard say Florian verts.
Speaker 1: He tried so hard to say. He's like, you're I mean, when.
Speaker 3: Someone says that Bathlona, we don't want to hear that man. Yeah, yeah, we know where you're from, Croydon, You're from Salona.
Speaker 2: He's trying so hard to like just be respectful to European sounds.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that's well, that's said.
Speaker 3: That's not a nice thing from an American to actually care about people from other countries. Might be the only one, only one, the last good American. That's the movie made about Tim Howard and his teeth. Yeah, exactly, the last good American. It starts off he's in a dentist chair. The guy's polishing his veneers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean Liverpool, I think that they're putting it. They're putting it together. They're slowly climbing back, they're getting stability. I think I think they're gonna be It's it's funny. They're obviously not in the title race. I think, what what's the points difference? So ten behind Arsenal. Yeah, I don't. I mean, you don't know, but stranger things have happened.
Speaker 3: Do you think between City and Arsenal, Like if you're Liverpool, if you had just one of those teams up there, like you have a hope. But the two of them are kind of I think they're gonna one of them.
Speaker 4: At least will pull pull clear.
Speaker 3: But Liverpool had that weird thing where they obviously that the death of Jota is a big factor that I'm sure was playing on the on their minds and stuff, and then Salad the salary issue and now his way. So when Salad comes back will be interesting happens. But yeah, they've kind of had that like like weirds, whoa, well that was a crazy like well, they just kept losing every game for about a month or six weeks and then there's no, you can't really come back from another Premier League. But I think they'll be I think they'll be in the top. I think they'll end up third. I'm gonna say no, that's definitely.
Speaker 1: That's a big jump for them. Hey, here's a question for you guys.
Speaker 2: Now, I know that in the Premier League there's no such thing as tanking because of relegation. You can't you can't throw games, there's no draft.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't benefit.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, But if you're running Liverpool, is there a little voice in your head saying, Yo, let's finish like fifth or six and then just win a Europa League. We'll just destroy the Europa League and then we'll just get a free trophy.
Speaker 1: That's that's madness.
Speaker 5: That's that's some Tottenham mass thing is that.
Speaker 3: They were forgetting just how bad being in the Europa League is like you you're You're like a person who had a baby two years ago and forgot how god it is to have a baby at the beginning.
Speaker 4: Let's have another baby.
Speaker 5: What are you doing? We went to fucking Azerbaijan three times, didn't sleep for three months. One of our players didn't go because it's so fucked up between the country he from. He didn't even go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Ally from there couldn't even pronounce that country.
Speaker 1: He'd make us some good points wells, but yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean they unfortunately, for better or worse, they have the fucking standards and those are not the standards for Liverpool Football clubs.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: The money is yeah, yeah, it's like genuinely if you don't get in the Premier League now they're changing the spending rules next year, but like that's uh, you lose that on like you have to. Even if you win the Europa League you make like sixty million less. Yeah, which is uh because.
Speaker 5: Even just our little run last season in the Champions League that set us up nice a little bit of cash to play with. But anyway, also sounds like we're in the market. Apparently if you saw that our tet of press conference, He said.
Speaker 3: What do you think about Sameno, who's probably going to City, Like if you would you would you make that play? Like would you do the big boy thing? Which City seemed to just buy the play and then get like they're gonna get rid of osketball by the.
Speaker 5: Sounds of it, yea like mar Moosch where they're like, I don't know, they're like where did this mother? Like mar mookis like where did this motherfucker come from?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I forgot it here? Yeah, yeah, yeah, They've got so many of his plays.
Speaker 5: But like that's what you kind of have to do now. I don't know, we have a lot of wingers, so I don't know what that really does. But I love the fact that he is a fan, so he's already like it from everything you've like I've read, it's like Sameno, if we came knock and he's like, oh, absolutely, I'm here. Baby.
Speaker 2: There's a question for you guys. Is there gonna be a problem between him and Servegno? Nah, Like I feel like their names is too close. If I'm Samen, I don't want to I don't want Semeno. I don't want a Sameno around, I'm Savina.
Speaker 4: Yeah, white, white British people pronounce name. They're like, wait, which one did you say? You're lad from City, aren't you.
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Silero?
Speaker 3: Yeah, which actually an ice cream in the uk Selario it's an orange flavored ice cream.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: There can only be one one your Suffix in the room, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean Savina was probably on his way out anyway at some point.
Speaker 3: So he when he when he played against Arsenal at home for City last season, he like made lovely dance and set the ball three to school and I was like, this guy is a play.
Speaker 4: Do you know why you're worried about City? By the way, just generally he started there so so so good, so so good is back?
Speaker 3: You know that John days so so good over patronizing Pep is back, which is.
Speaker 4: Bad mind game.
Speaker 5: That means he knows they're going to be they're good. But yeah he's because he's it's like cooking, bro. He's like, no, Bro, I turn up the heat around now a little. We were at a simmer, we were bubbling. Now just get a little bit more intensity. We'll see.
Speaker 3: But Liverpool and Liverpool are back back back and be interesting to see how they do when Salah returns. But yeah, I think they'll be definitely top four. I think Villa Villa and them are now locked in for top four is my prediction. I think Chelsea will not be top four. And who's even close to this is that those are the top four. I knows, man, man, you could sneak in fifth Chelsea is my prediction because they don't have those midwee games.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I really. It's funny because every all the Liverpool supporters I know who are absolutely like, we're fucked. This is terrible. I don't even know what to fuck. I'm like, you're gonna you'll figure it out.
Speaker 4: I think they're in the process.
Speaker 5: Three games on the bounce, as they say.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 5: Look, unfortunately that kid with the menu hair, that motherfucker it is continuing to grow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bread all right.
Speaker 5: Elsewhere around the league, Bretford for Bourne, myth one Heaven, Shada Shah day whatever, how everyone is shadenfreuder out here. I like, sad looks the sweetest time. Boo the sweetest taboo. You give me the sweetest taboo? You should really sign for Arsenal? Was that a perfect hat trick?
Speaker 4: Does a natural hat trick. Perfect.
Speaker 5: I was watching it, left foot, right foot pedatrick.
Speaker 1: I hope they know.
Speaker 4: I hope them commentation.
Speaker 3: He says, perfecttrick because left foot, right foot had the perfect hat trick.
Speaker 5: Yeah, unbelieve in the right order. Yes, oh yeah, the last one was dude, every fuck and he is gets to use another cliche, deceptively strong for his size, like when he's dribbling, I'm like, god, damn, bro, for how short you are, I'm surprised you are hanging like that in the Premier League.
Speaker 1: Low gravity, dog, no to the ground. He just yeah, you could just push off anybody.
Speaker 4: And he man solid finish of their times. I'm like, god, damn like that. I think it was a second goal that he finished.
Speaker 5: I was like, see fucking Martin Ere. They could do shit like you might not even know work because you can't.
Speaker 1: But he can. That's uh.
Speaker 5: Anyway.
Speaker 3: I think he looks at him, him and him an eagle together, is it? I mean like I think like he found and again sneakily. I told you I watched the YouTube, like fourteen minute preseason thing of him. For some reason just seems like a really nice Matt. I don't know what I was like the idea of him being accept piece coach Keith Andrews Northern Irish. You're like, there's no way he's going to be good at Brentford. But the eighth that's yeah, he's ahead of Tottenham with Frank that's amazing. Yeah, exactly, And give him his flowers, give him get the flowers. Go to the gas stage. She gets some flowers. Give him to Keith Andrews them here you go there.
Speaker 2: Only they're three behind fifth. They could easily get there one of them Europe's, but I would love I'd love the Brentford's. I'd love for Brentford sneak into Europe.
Speaker 4: That would be so good for that.
Speaker 5: There's only five points between fifth and thirteenth right now. It's it's tight. It's tight, so there's a lot can happen, a lot can happen. But yeah, Kevin Shada come home, come here.
Speaker 4: We also talk about one of the funniestone goals.
Speaker 3: The own goal in that game was just like that like the early nineties English football, just like bounced off like seven people, then hit the guy into the goalie and just like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's funny go We've got a lot of these things. I mean it was because yeah, you're like, oh, he cleared it off the No, he didn't clear it off. He just kicked that ship right into the keeper and.
Speaker 2: Ones to play yackety sacks behind it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Weirdest call of the week was Semeno go. They they said he tickled the ball into the net. I was like, hey, don't don't say I tickled anything, bro, yes, do it all right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That was also the ball also hit his ass. Don't say I got tickled. Yeah, don't mention, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: He went for the clever like back he I mean, he had to because the ball was behind him. So that's just how he I mean, but.
Speaker 7: You know, semenosi for Arsenal or maybe don't.
Speaker 5: We don't know if we need you yet. I don't know if that's it feels like city, although people wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I keep thinking if Arsenal just did the thing where they let them do just all work and they.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like as a and go, come on bro, stop playing.
Speaker 5: You know you want to go home.
Speaker 4: But he's like, yeah, Arsenal is he stacked right now, so they're going to do I's And.
Speaker 5: Also I mean I've I've not told what's what's Semenio's defensive what's the defensive part of his game? Like he's a good physical play, he's good both ways, two footed. Yeah, I think he might lack a little bit of the pausa and the sort of that.
Speaker 4: Kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: And he's a live wire. He's a live wire that one. But he scores, he can. He's got a great eye. He's got a great eye for goal.
Speaker 5: He does, and he's and he look I like a big body, you know what I mean, Because you're a truck truck. These motherfuckers like to acquire a baby Morgan Rogers bring let me see the big bodies come home, you know, because that is kind of like I feel like that's the next evolution. Is like Okay, they're quick and good luck, fucking body. They will fuck you up, layer builds, bust skills. Yeah yeah, Like like what Lebron James is sort of like they're like, what, well, you.
Speaker 2: Know, we know he's gone because Borman season is about done. I don't think they're gonna like, uh, they're not gonna drop in a relegation. They got too many points up. But uh yeah, their season is playing out like the movie Centers, it's starting out great, started out great, and the vampires have arrived.
Speaker 5: It's that you wonder Yeah, okay, okay, A turn for you? A turn.
Speaker 3: So just to clarify, you thought the plot for the people in the movie went bad or you didn't like it when the vampires came into that movie.
Speaker 1: I like when the vampires came into the movie.
Speaker 2: What I didn't like was the part right before the vampires came when it's like the power of music is like, yeah, I didn't releasing the Ghost of Bootsy Collins.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't need to see Bee Boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I didn't need to see Bee Boys.
Speaker 5: Can I get look Bryan respecting you bro, you are a fantastic director. The film overall was fantastic. I will say the overall that part I was like, I need to see Bee Boys.
Speaker 2: I get what The Boys was the only miss for me, and that's that's Tyler Adams getting hurt. Okay right when they brought the b Boys up.
Speaker 4: But he saved it. When we got to see Michael B. Jordan with the flat top.
Speaker 1: That was cool. So that maybe that's maybe that's a f a cup run.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, we got.
Speaker 5: It's Michael B. Jordan a kogie sweater with a flat top.
Speaker 4: Who knows.
Speaker 1: We don't know yet. The movie hasn't ended, but we're definitely at the point.
Speaker 4: We're the bad pup. I think we're at the borrow we go.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I can trust this light skinned woman.
Speaker 4: Might be up with her, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, shout out Haley Steinfeld all right elsewhere Burnley nil Everton, nil west Ham nil Fulham one.
Speaker 1: Harry Wilson got every week bro and him in his back.
Speaker 3: At it man how him and as his little little little shitting pad on his head. Yeah, still manages the nuts it and still being okay.
Speaker 5: Sunderland one leads one dominic Calvert Lewin continues Grant zaka that rand wooh, that's what I'm having some of that.
Speaker 4: I'm having some of that please.
Speaker 3: It's one where he twisted his body to do that reverse pass in a way.
Speaker 4: You're like you've been You've been doing that over thirty parties. You know what you're doing.
Speaker 3: Somebody out there, you're loot prolong your career. That was a serious, that reverse part. I love a pass like that that the pass is better than the goal. Yeah to me, I'm like, oh yes.
Speaker 5: Please division executions because you somehow just like, bro, look how I got that. I had everybody looking foolish And it's right there on a play for you.
Speaker 4: Signing of the season are we saying that?
Speaker 1: Gotta be I'm cool with this way.
Speaker 3: Point of the season will be at I think I'm struggling to think of other signing. Who's I think if Liverpool doing better, could be in the mix because he's having a good old run. But I can't think of a player that has made a club like where are some in the league. That's seventh, that's crazy, freshly promoted team, so many new players.
Speaker 5: He's just having him solidity as captain. He's seen it all. He just you know, he had that fucking great run with Shabby Alonso in Germany. Yeah, probably probably him or Shabby Simons. I would say we was that serious? No, absolutely, could you held such a strike away?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm trying to be like.
Speaker 5: Was no, that was that was dry seasoning on there? That was a dry rub. I put on that one too dry?
Speaker 1: Too dry?
Speaker 4: You know you'll dry when the dessert.
Speaker 5: That's what Rihanna was saying anyway, and then, So speaking of which Crystal Palace Nil Spurs won Archie Gray, who knows? Maybe your family owned my family at some point. That's my last I don't know how I got that nice.
Speaker 3: He sounds like a player who scored a hell of a lot of goals in the nineteen seventeen to nineteen eighteen Gray.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she Gray with sixty goals in twelve games. That's Arthur, right?
Speaker 5: Is that Archie is Arthur?
Speaker 3: Is that how you get Archie? I think Archie's probably sure far there's a lot of archery.
Speaker 5: Maybe Archer straight up on his name is straight up Archie Archie, That Archie James Francis Gray. Okay, you're doing a lot, bro Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know, he doesn't sound as working class as most English footballers.
Speaker 4: Let me look at this guy's background. Let me tell you if he's a private school boy.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, he went to Saint John Fisher Catholic High School in Harrigan.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, okay, I used to know my teamus.
Speaker 3: I went to John Fisher, John Fisher and Croydon and near Croydon, hang on, Harrigate. That's a different one. I don't know this John Fisher anyway. They're a good sports school, I think. But he's from up north Okay, because he came from Leeds.
Speaker 4: Is anyone he's like twelve years old? How old is Henen? Nineteen?
Speaker 5: God damn bro Yeah, I don't know. Spurs keeps on doing their thing. I don't know. I don't know what I mean. They're they're up there down.
Speaker 3: The listening to They're funny because we talk about Richardison always scoring goals that don't matter.
Speaker 4: When he scored two goals disallowed, say just having to fully just full on cellar.
Speaker 3: I think the first one he went crazy and then it was that was the lad second one he still went for a celebrate and then you're like getting the hat trick of full celebrations.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's my perfect.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's your perfect.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Every time rich Arlison celebrating three times three world is taken away by var that'd be just so funny.
Speaker 4: Palace looked tired. Palace looked tired. That's they've got.
Speaker 5: Players for the Europe and of Nah and Matteta JP. Come on, baby, what happened? We were rooting for you?
Speaker 4: I think it's short to not high enough. It's always the thing. Get high enough. He showed high as hell.
Speaker 5: They were.
Speaker 4: Getting his his bits out last week, just psychologically damaged him. Yeah yeah, yeah, new alpha chance Hill.
Speaker 1: Baby might be dealing with a rash or someone who knows. We never know.
Speaker 4: Hey, look Jp, it's all good.
Speaker 5: There might even be a sponsorship with yes, meat rash, heat rash, but meat rash. All right, we'll take another quick break when we come back. Well, round up, just quick Caravel Cup stuff along with some loose odds and ends from around them after this, and we're back just to touch on the Caravell Cup because Arsenal was the only team in the quarterfinals that had to round out their result again. We squeaked into the semis against Palace on penalties. Like I said, our main man Owen goal scored for us and then Mark Gay scored in fucking injury time.
Speaker 3: Sorry, with one of the strangerest celebrations ever, one of the strangest celebrations you mean to be the wasn't look genuinely annoyed like he was like I don't want to play penalty like he yeah, I was trying to. And then there was then he was chatting to Saker and made k off to it and everyone's like maybe he's got to awstole So I didn't celebrate.
Speaker 5: That's felt that that was so crazy if he was that transparent with it.
Speaker 4: He's like, I'm a sign for them, Bro, I didn't mean to do that.
Speaker 5: Sorry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was just yeah, that would be and then I'm going to just chat to the players afterwards. Bizaw celebration.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Maybe it was one of those things where it's sort of like Deckl and Rice after it's just like, bro, what the fuck are we doing?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 5: Like we could have maybe we could have won, maybe we could I don't know either way. Flawless penalty taking from us and then for.
Speaker 3: Five teams, the level of the penalties, that's true nominal, Yeah, what was your My one of my favorite penalties was jury and tim Books. I've never seen take one, but he just chased that run up, smashed it and it didn't even a lot of the players, like ge the crowd up and he was just like, I'm going back, just works, no finished yet.
Speaker 5: They were so efficient and felt like we've been working on penalties to the point that it wasn't even in an occasion to them, They're like, yeah, we're doing penalties, all right, watch it like because when I saw Saliba come up, I said, what the fuck is the sugar?
Speaker 1: That's my favorite? Yeah, that was the one that was surely not supposed to was like.
Speaker 4: Are we sure about this? And there he was just tucking it away and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, then he and then he knocked out fakes Aliba. Then look what It's amazing. Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was a beautiful, beautiful game where.
Speaker 1: We controlled the whole first half. Man thousand shot yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah. But Luke Moore on the Football Ramble said, it goes Arsenal looks like they're losing steam. Looks like they're losing steam. And I'm like, we don't look like when we were off flying at the early part of the season. But if we weren't getting results, I would be like, it looks like we're losing steam. We're still somehow, and I get it if it's the sustainability argument and all that, but we are still getting the results, which.
Speaker 6: You need.
Speaker 5: The problem.
Speaker 4: Yea, it's not. It's not like it's like City. So if you look at Citi's results from.
Speaker 3: Arsenal, a winning and then just getting a bit like squeaky bum time at the end.
Speaker 4: So quote Sadex focusing but.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's just like if Arsenal just scolled the I mean, I say, if they just score the goals, they need to be bescoring them.
Speaker 4: But it's like it'll be interesting.
Speaker 3: I do think Gabrielle back is a huge is a huge thing that's going to make the solidity even stronger. And I think the midfield can push up and then we'll see, We'll see. I'm I'm still in my head. When he someone hasn't played for the year, they're gonna be the savior different. But when Habutz comes back, I think that will be the big difference from people.
Speaker 5: We'll see. Somebody needs to be Gandalf and this motherfucker I need something. I need Gandalf the White to come back. And he's like, I returned to you now.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yes, please get somebody be Gandal.
Speaker 1: I see it like this.
Speaker 2: The rhythm clock restarts every time we have a big injury, like Martinelli is informed, then he gets hurt. Now he's missing easy shit again.
Speaker 1: You come back.
Speaker 2: You're thinking too much when you're playing. That's why we're sitting back trying to hold onto these leads.
Speaker 4: You are probably know.
Speaker 3: I think there's something in the I do think there's something in the It is like if you just play a few games in a row with a cell team, it's a huge difference.
Speaker 5: Huge.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it's like a fucking warehouse where it's like zero days since an accident, but it's always on zero days.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Or you get like two in you're like, damn, we had two.
Speaker 1: Why do you say anything?
Speaker 5: Hey, Rick is drunken in on the fort.
Speaker 3: And then someone ships that pants and then you're like back to day zero again.
Speaker 2: We got to put zero technically because this is a problem. We have to give like a new bleach.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm sorry, Bro, we wear white shorts at these home matches. Bro, you shitted yourself? What the fuck?
Speaker 1: That's a work accident?
Speaker 8: Dog.
Speaker 5: I want to hear Arteta say shitted yourself, guys, I got it. Ricky shitted himself, guys.
Speaker 3: Or just him saying the word shot would be funny. He shot it, because that's presumably what happened.
Speaker 4: He's doing shorts, guys.
Speaker 1: What is this?
Speaker 4: You're shutting your shorts?
Speaker 5: Guys?
Speaker 4: You short?
Speaker 2: You made me, You made me eat nothing but mac and cheese with a with a loaded handgun.
Speaker 1: He trying to play Russian roulette while we ate mac and cheese.
Speaker 5: Been the warm up, ye guys, guys, guys, when I made you eat a tub of I can't believe it's not butter with a spoon, guys, So test your stomach, guys. And now I know that was That was a mistake, Greky, Sorry about that. So anyway, the Semis now for the Caraveou Cup, Newcastle hosting City and then Chelsea hosting Arsenal for the first legs, and then they switch it up for the second legs, so.
Speaker 1: That'll be interact. The Chelsea draw. I like that.
Speaker 5: I like the Chelsea draw because it's interesting since the draw we had in the Premier League. Agast Chelsea, they haven't looked the same actually, like they had that result against Barcelona Everest.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: And then because mother, I remember at the time, they were treating that draw like they won.
Speaker 2: I know, they're like they do all this shit. Well, look at Chelsea. No suspended Cucarella, he got hurt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he's looking good. Ccarella's looking great.
Speaker 5: I left back.
Speaker 4: I gotta say it, like, I can't ever think he's good because of his hair.
Speaker 5: I ate it well because he also did racist shit so I don't fuck with him anyway.
Speaker 3: So it's an interesting stat just by the way, about Enzo. About Enzo, how when he's in the Chelsea team that win percentage just something like thirty percent. When he's not, it's like eighty percent.
Speaker 5: Oh really yeah wow, So just insisting on Enzo is like not a good a good look it turns out, huh. I mean for the amount of money they had to pay for him, I'd be like, you better make that ship work. I can't keep signing all these people I never heard of. I'm Todd Bowley.
Speaker 4: What the fuck? I bet Todd Todd Bowleie's like, can we tank? Can we tank?
Speaker 5: Should we think?
Speaker 4: We don't tank?
Speaker 3: Do you think g think MO Rescue lost the season? If this continues they start dropping out Europe?
Speaker 5: Probably not, I don't know. I mean like they're reactionary enough that they won't. But if you look at the I'd imagine if you look at the performances, like on a continuum, you're like, this isn't upward trajectory. It feels like, well, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Since he made those comments, the very cryptic comments that he won't explain, yeah, pretty badly.
Speaker 5: There was something else where, like people were like internally showing something about like his discipline on the touch line and they're like it's kind of bleeding into the players. Like I don't think it's a problem, and he's like, maybe it is. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's definitely, it's definitely.
Speaker 5: Okay, Now, what else have we got around the somebody?
Speaker 4: What's this? What's going on? Rabert Lewandowski? Oh yeah, so he put in an interview, gotta read that story. I've read it to you guys.
Speaker 3: He basically said, at Barcelona, you know, they've got such weird money issues. He said, they're still making payments on him, right, Yeah, I don't want to talk about it.
Speaker 4: I have too much respect for Barcelona.
Speaker 3: There were many other situations where you had to sacrifice something personally for the good of the club. In short, it was about a bonus that would have been paid depending on the number of goals I scored, and at that time Barcelona was looking for every single euro. The bonus wasn't a small amount for me personally, It wouldn't have changed anything, so I didn't really have a problem with it. Do I listen to them? Well, it stays in your head it stays there. If it's just a small percentage, whether to score a goal or not. The highest level football's enough? Someone is this five percent?
Speaker 4: Even three?
Speaker 3: He basically got told that if you scored too many goals it costs the club too much money.
Speaker 4: That is some abusive parent shit.
Speaker 1: That sucks. You can signed me to this contract.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't don't do good in school. Now I'm gonna have to do.
Speaker 5: How the fuck are you going to ask a professional goals scored to be?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 5: Hey bro, hey man, I got these cheese burgers.
Speaker 2: Man Like. Basically, it's behavior. Either you don't score or the club doesn't exist. So which which What do you want?
Speaker 5: Brother?
Speaker 6: I mean it's fine, I could die. I don't even care no more. If you want to score, go ahead. We don't even you know, nobody cares about us anyway. Everybody hates us anyway, So you might as well just score and get buy the money.
Speaker 2: What the fuck, dude, Barona is I'm seeing I'm seeing an alternate timeline that should never exist. But let's say he goes for it. He says, fuck that, give me my money. Barcelona goes into extreme insurmountable death. They never come back. The people of Catalonia drop the list. It takes about fifty years, but I can see them drop. This could could have led to them dropping the list.
Speaker 5: I would say this now, this is this is I gotta I gotta say this. You know, because I know my Spanish history. They do not speak with a lisp in Catalonia. That's a Castilian thing. That's y'all know. St. Barthelo is actually incorrect. You are saying that as a person who is speaking Castilian Spanish, and not how a Catalonian person would say Barcelona.
Speaker 4: So when people go, you mean.
Speaker 5: Barth Alona, you go, actually, asshole?
Speaker 4: How you say?
Speaker 3: I just played them this part of the podcast. Hold on, let me find it. Hold on, you need to listen to this podcast really quick.
Speaker 4: Hang on. I'll be like, hang on, let me call my friend Miles. Miles. Don't trust me. This motherfucker's in something. Castilians. He said, Bartholona.
Speaker 5: Miles, he said, Bartholona, give me the fucking phone real quick.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Look Barcelona, they haven't. I was reading something like they still lead so much money for Raffenius. Oh everybody, I'm surprised. Nobody's rebo a fucking player at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they'd be like, trucks are about to come up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, Like they're like, yo, we put a boot, they put a book on Rafa. They're like like what kind Bro, It's a seventy pound metal clamp they put on his like you can't put you.
Speaker 2: They don't get Rashford. They get Rashford in a Renaiss Center throat.
Speaker 4: They just that so funny.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's on the treatment Yeah, he's on the treatment table. Somebody just comes in, just drags the treatment table out, puts it on the back of a tow truck and.
Speaker 4: They take a physio as well.
Speaker 5: We'll take a physio as well.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 5: How much you make, bro, how much you make a year? We'll say that one ninety two thousand year olds. You come up with us, Bro, we're taking that. You owe the bank, You owe the fucking bank. This is not a game, honey. Meanwhile, Christian Erickson, I did see these comments about it, just man United. It's funny to just see this now by like, Bro, we don't celebrate The only ship we celebrate around here is the Champions League or the Premier League. Fuck a Caravel Cup, A carling Cup, whatever you want to call it. And then finally, I mean we touched on the lonely Victor thing. But did you see this shit about Christian Polistic and Sydney Sweeney that they were trying to say they were dating.
Speaker 1: Oh, they certainly seem like they deserve each other.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 5: Part of me was like, this is a match made in Maga Heaven baby Captain and may Erica and miss uh prime white supremacy genetics with her gene ad. They're like, this is it, folks, this is it. But apparently that was just the Italian press doing their thing, and like Christian Polistic is like, bro, I've been with my girl for a minute, you will get somebody in trouble.
Speaker 3: Did you see a basketball player forget his name, slid into a DMS that came up with my timeline and she just like she like reposted it.
Speaker 4: No get out here, will Zion william Yeah, I see.
Speaker 1: I'm getting this in my uh my Google search as well.
Speaker 2: Wait, Zion, Okay, who knows if it's real, but according to this Google search that I have. Zion Williamson d md M then asked if she plays roadblocks.
Speaker 4: That was it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: He just said you play roadblock. What the that's your opener, z Ion? You play roadblocks? Nobody check his head, check check this other dear. Who the fuck are you talking to? If you're talking to people, say and you play roadblocks? Yeah, he has forty women if they play roadblocks.
Speaker 4: Oh so maybe Sweeney was on that because it's differ.
Speaker 3: Okay, fine, what is roadblocks? Should I know if I want to have sex with this guy? Should I know what it is?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, you're gonna handle z Ion. Either you couldn't handle Zion or you don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't need that. You don't need that to hit that.
Speaker 5: This motherfucker busted through a sneaker okay, walk Okay. What are you gonna think you do if you busted it open?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: What a lovely image to leave the listeners on.
Speaker 5: I mean, look the people if you saw him at Duke bro he this guy is too powerful for some shoes. The guy is too much. Anyway, here we are. What a week match with eighteen, We'll be back with plenty of action for the following.
Speaker 3: Week we'll have presumably we'll have week nineteen and twenty combined.
Speaker 4: Is that what we're gonna do yeah, because that rents.
Speaker 5: Yep, We're gonna wow, guys, we're gonna be rolling up our sleep when we get back to business at the beginning of the year.
Speaker 8: So we'll be reporting for GC yep, reporting for duty, for duty, reporting for duty because yeah nineteen Yeah, because then we have born myth on Saturday.
Speaker 3: So the table could look table could look very different, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Very similar.
Speaker 5: We could be six points clear. I know what's your prediction, Villa Arsenal, I think will win two.
Speaker 2: No, I'm expecting another tight ass. Get the cream ready to one, Get.
Speaker 4: The cream ready, all right, cream cream at. I'm gonna go boldly three Nail Austin.
Speaker 5: All right, let's boldly go where no one has ever gone before. And with that we will see you in the next episode. Any got any if anybody got anything to.
Speaker 2: Plug the first first Tuesday back in la January sixth, don't be frightened by that date. Free comedy at Blind Barber and Highland Park. Come on, oh I love yeah goes.
Speaker 5: Come through and yeah, I guess y'all take care keep liking and was it like like like and subscribe? Is this YouTube rate and subscribe right? Subscribe?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes ay yes, production of iHeart Radio. So if you on more podcasts like this, check out the iHeart Radio.
Speaker 4: App or wherever you get your podcast for free. Okay, we'll see you next time.
Speaker 5: Bye bye bye pee