Speaker 1: Welcome.
Speaker 2: It is Verdict with Center Ted Cruz, the Weekend Review, Ben Ferguson with you, and these are the top stories that you may have missed that we talked about this week. First up, the media normalizing terrorist threats coming across our southern border. Why is it that they're trying to act like this isn't a national security threat?
Speaker 1: We're going to deal with that.
Speaker 2: Also, Conservatives are continuing to be silenced on social media. That's a big part of the plan by Democrats to stop Republicans in the presidential election.
Speaker 1: We'll expose it all.
Speaker 2: And finally, Biden's re election campaign is doubling down on amnesty now for all illegal immigrants. It's the Weekend Review and it starts right now. There's two things that worry me, and I want your take on this. Number One, it's almost like the media is worried the same way you are, that there's a real chance of a major terrorist attack. We've seen warnings from Director Ray at the FBI and others are saying they're or even about attacks that would mimic what we saw against the people in Israel. But it's also like they're trying to normalize the idea Yeah, there's a lot of terrorists in America, and if something does happen, it's like, yeah, we knew this, we covered it, we talked about it.
Speaker 1: Maybe you shouldn't be as outraged.
Speaker 3: Well, if you want to be out raised, listen to what Chris Ray, the administrator of the FBI, is saying about the risk we have of a terror attack right now in the United States.
Speaker 4: From an FBI perspective, we are seeing a wide array of very dangerous threats that emanate from the border. There is a particular network that has where some of the overseas facilitators of the smuggling network have isis ties that we're very concerned about. And then we've been spending an enormous amount of effort with our partners investigating.
Speaker 2: Race said a keyword there coming across the border. Yeah, like he's telling you how they're doing it. So if he knows this, and that means I'm sure he's given the same brief just gave America to the President of United States America. Why would you not then close the border if this is what you know is coming across the border. And my second question is after nine to eleven, I remember, like we learned very quickly how they the terarists are able to use certain loopholes and things to get into America, and we squeezed down those instantly. I'm worried that even if they if there is a tarist tech, they're still going to keep.
Speaker 1: The border open.
Speaker 3: Look, Joe Biden doesn't care, Kamala Harris doesn't care, Chuck Schumer doesn't care, Nancy Pelosi doesn't care. I've been fighting for years to secure the border, and every Democrat is on record over and over and over again. I forced a vote on HR two, which would actually end catch and release, secure the border, stop these terrorifts from coming in. And every Democrat in the Senate, all of them, there are no moderates on this issue, all of them party line vote, open borders, open borders, open borders. Every Democrat in the Senate voted to throw out the impeachment of Alejandro Mayorcis. Hear no evidence, they don't want to hear the evidence. That they're like an ostrich plunging their head in the sand. Do not tell them about the terrorist coming into this country because they don't care about who came in yesterday, and they don't care about who's going to come in tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about the numbers, because that's the other part of this warning. It's not one or two, or ten or fifteen or twenty that are on the terrist watch list that we know have come across the southern border. It's an alarming number in the hundreds.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look, when Trump was president, the number of people that were apprehended on the terror watch list coming into the country was every year in the low single digits. Was one or two, was a very small number. In fiscal year twenty twenty three, one hundred and sixty nine people on the terror watch list were apprehended at our southern border, one hundred and sixty nine. This fiscal year, we're only halfway through. We already have nearly one hundred who've been apprehended at the southern border. Again, are on the Terra shape the terror watch list. And by the way, that's the southern border, the northern border. The stats six hundred and thirty terrorst suspects were encountered at the northern border in the last two fiscal years.
Speaker 2: The New York Post breaking that aspect of the story. So it's not just as you mentioned, the southern border. It's the northern border, which is another problem, which is by all accounts as even more I guess say open easier to come across many believe much larger.
Speaker 3: And if you are a terrorist, if you are heating Iran's call for global Jahad against America, if you're heating Hamasa's call for global Jahad against America, if you're heating Hesbala's call for global Jahad against America, if you're heating Palestinian Islamic Jahad call for global Jahad against America, if you're heating Isis's call for global Jahad against America. It's not complicated. You come across the border in a place where there's not a lot of border security, where you can be one of the nearly two million gotaways US. The people who've encountered the numbers are even more concerning of the god Aways and the Democrats at the end of the day, they are willfully complicit in an open door policy to terrorists who want to harm America.
Speaker 2: You've been there when Ray's been testifying, and you know Ray, the FBI director, did Democrats ask any tough questions of him, like, hey, we know how many are on the watch lists that we've gotten right that we're on the watch list. But they even care about the Godaways, or if I don't ask and it doesn't exist, and then I don't have to be held politically accountable for it.
Speaker 3: Democrats will not ask a single question about illegal immigration. They will not ask a single question about god Aways. They will not ask a single question about the children being brutalized by human traffickers. They will not ask a single question about the women being sexually assaulted by human traffickers. Their approach is just hide from the issue. They don't have a defense. Ask totally. You know what they'll ask about white supremacists. That they'll get all worked up about white supremacists. Mind you, they're not concerned at all about the anti Semites on college campuses. Well, maybe it's because the people funding the anti semites are also funding those same Democrats campaigns.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about the political fallout of this. If Heaven forbid, there's an attack is part of the Democrats defense. They think that the American people are too stupid to connect these dots. I mean, you see the report from NBC News. You see Chris Farray out there warning you you have a present that knows about it. Do they just assume that they that the media is going to carry water for them that there is attack, there will be no accountability for the people that allowed for the open border policy which allowed them to come into this country. I would be terrified if I was a Democrat running for reelection knowing this is a real possibility. In the FBI director's warning you, you would think you'd want to say something on the record that says, hey, we got to get this under control.
Speaker 3: Bett Ben, I honestly don't know, because they don't defend themselves. They don't present an argument, they don't present any alternative. Listen, they count on the corporate media to cover for them, to hide what they're doing, and I think many of them are naive. For them, it is all politics, so it's not about savior security. Eleven million illegal immigrants and they say these are future Democrat voters, and what we care about is staying in power, and if people have to die, so be it. Because they know people are dying every single day. People are dying because of this open border and the Democrats will do nothing to change it. It's who they are. I don't know how many listeners of verdict are PhD students and economics. But there's a theory called modern monetary theory, and it's a bunch of gobblygook that is designed to basically justify big spending liberals just printing money like there's no tomorrow, and it's all sorts of fancy verbiage to explain it doesn't matter how much money you can print, you can just spend into oblivion. Everything will be fine. We can afford free everything for everybody. Well, I want you to listen, and I'm going to present this without further commentary. I want you to listen to Jared Bernstein, who is the chairman of the Council of Economic Advisors in the Biden White House, so he is the top economist for Joe Biden, explaining what modern monetary theory is. And I want you just to understand this is the genius behind Bidenomics.
Speaker 1: Take a look.
Speaker 5: The US government can't go bankrupt because we can print our own money.
Speaker 6: It obviously banks. The question why exactly are we borrowing in occurrency that we print ourselves. I'm waiting for someone to stand up and say, why do we borrow our own currency in the first place.
Speaker 7: Like you said they print the dollar, so why why does the government even borrow?
Speaker 5: Well, the uh so, the I mean again, some of this stuff gets some of the language that some of the language and concepts are just confusing. I mean, the government definitely prints money, and it definitely lends that money. Which is why the government definitely prints money, and then it lends that money by selling bonds. Is that what they do?
Speaker 2: They they.
Speaker 5: They yeah, they they they sell bonds. Yeah, they sell bonds, right, since they sell bonds and people buy the bonds and lend them the money. Yeah. So a lot of times, a lot of times, at least to my year with MMT, the language and the concepts can be kind of unnecessarily confusing, but there is no question that the government prince money and then it uses that money to uh uh so, Yeah, I guess I'm just I don't I can't really talk.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't get it. I don't know what they're talking about, like, because it's like, the government clearly prints money, it does it all the time, and it clearly borrows otherwise we wouldn't be having this debt and depfist conversation. So I don't think there's anything confusing.
Speaker 2: There wherever you went to college, I really think they should take back their diploma. And this is the guy who's the top economic guy at the White House.
Speaker 3: Well, let me just say every economic policy of Joe Biden has flowed directly from the genius and wisdom you just heard displayed.
Speaker 2: Now, if you want to hear the rest of this conversation, you can go back and listen to the full podcast from earlier this week. Now onto story number two center. Big tech is obviously at a massive influence over public opinion in this country. We saw a recent report that came out just on TikTok, for example, where they were forty five to one stories that were pro Palastinian pro Hamas over Israel. That's one example of how they've really been able to shape public opinion, especially with young people and the riots and the chaos we're witnessing on college campuses right now. But there's also something else that's happened with big tech. I've been a victim of it. I spoke out again against big tech a few years ago at a SEAPAC convention, and before I landed home, after I spoke out about big tech, specifically Facebook, my accounts were shut down. They have never worked the same way as they did before.
Speaker 1: The reach has disappeared.
Speaker 2: I've witnessed it, and many other conservative leaders out there are going through the same things. And it always seems to happen center right during a big election cycle, where the Democrats get a free flow of information out and conservatives get hammered and silenced.
Speaker 3: Well, that's exactly right. So I started last year as the ranking member on the Senate Committee of Commerce, Science, and Transportation, and from that position is the ranking member, which means the senior Republican on that committee. I launched an investigation into the abuse of power from big tech, and this past week we put out a major report. The report is entitled Weaponizing Terms of Service. How online service providers use broad policies to silence conservatives. Now, there are a lot of instances that we know about that get a lot of publicity. We know, for example, that Twitter, before Elon Musk purchased them, suspended the account of the Babylon be for making a joke about a Biden administration official. We know that both Facebook and Twitter suppressed stories about Hudter Biden's laptop before the twenty twenty election. We know that Facebook removed posts suggesting that COVID nineteen originated in a Wuhan lab, something we talked about at length on this podcast, and a theory that has now been confirmed both by the Federal Department of Energy and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. We know that YouTube took down a March twenty twenty one video of a panel discussion with Florida Governor Ron de Santis, during which he disputed claims that children needed to wear face masks. We know that YouTube, also, which is owned by Google, blocked access to a November twenty twenty three episode of this podcast Verdict, because we were criticizing the corporate media's favorable coverage of AMAS, and YouTube deemed okay, you must be an adult to see what is on the network news. We also know in twenty twenty two, DirecTV dropped one America news network, and less than a year after Democrat leaders in Congress sent a letter to the CEO calling on them to stop carrying the network. We also know they did the same thing to Newsmax. Now I lit Direct TV up and they ended up bringing Newsmax back. We also know that into it at the direction of its banking partners refuse to provide payment processing and payroll services to gun manufacturers and sellers. And we know that JP Morgan Chase closed the account of the National Committee of Religious Freedom, which was created by former State Department Ambassador at Large for International Religious Freedom and former US Senator Sam Brownback. We know that gofund me block the release of ten million dollars of donations to the Canadian Trucker's Freedom Convoy. We've seen that happen over and over and over again. Well, what this report does is it lays out an entirely new area of discrimination and it is using web based products and services online service providers to ban conservative organizations from using their technology, and it's going after the infrastructure that is needed to communicate. And in fact, this investigation reveals that online service providers are following a playbook for silencing conservatives. That leftist organizations, including the Southern Poverty Law Center, which is wildly left wing and hates conservatives, and the Anti Defamation League the ADL, they together put together this strategy, this playbook to quote remove infrastructure services that conservative organizations need to operate. And so I'm going to describe that playbook and what they're doing in particular.
Speaker 2: When you look at their playbook and this amount of influence, I mean, this can change and alter certainly an election cycle. It can certainly, I would argue, change a presidential election as well. And that's the reason why they're doing this. When you think about you know, you've got millions of people that follow you Facebook.
Speaker 1: I've got over a million.
Speaker 2: But if you turn off and throttle either one of us, then the reach that we have compared to the left, it just disappears. It's the old saying, right if a big tree falls in the forest and no one's around and it make a sound, And that's exactly what they did. But it wasn't just to one or two people. They were doing this to hundreds of top conservative voices that people look to for their opinions, specifically when it comes to election your issues.
Speaker 3: So that's exactly right. And what this report focuses on is it uses a couple of key examples. It uses number one slacks removal of libs of TikTok's workspace. It focuses on event rights removal of event pages for events related to Matt Walsh's What Is a Woman documentary? As well as an event where Riley Gaines was scheduled to speak, and it focuses on Bontera's termination of its relationship with Independent Women's Forum, which deprived that organization of may nonprofit technology service provider services and all of this follows. There was a report that was put out by the Anti Defamation League and it is called Bad Gateway How deplatforming effects extremist websites And here's what the ADL recommended. It says, quote deplatforming websites removing infrastructure services they need to operate, such as website hosting, can reduce the spread and reach of extremism and hate online. But when does deplatforming succeed? And here's what ADL explained quote. This report shows that deplatforming can decrease the popularity of extremist websites, especially when done without warning and they go through We learned four important lessons about how deplatforming affects extremist websites, by which they mean anything right of center. Number one, it can cause popularity rankings to decrease immediately. Number two, it may take users a long time to return to the website. Sometimes the website never regains its previous popularity bingo number three unexpected and unexpected as key. Unexpected deplatforming makes it take longer for the website to regain its previous popularity levels, and number four Replicating deplatform services such as discussions, discussion forums or live streaming video products on a standalone website presents significant challenges, including higher costs and smaller audiences. Now I want to go into a little bit more. This is what the ADL report. It has an entire section that says what is deplatforming? And by the way, the corporate media insists when we talk about deplatforming that we're making it up. Well, if you actually read the blueprint, they are very explicit. The left is explicit they want to silence use. So let me read from this ADL report quote. There are three main categories of infrastructure that keep websites running. Domain registrars, web hosting companies, and security protection companies. Number one, the website must be able to register and keep a domain name. A domain name such as Google dot com or ADL dot org is how visitors find a site. If a website is removed from domain name services, it becomes much more difficult, if not impossible, to find Number two, Web hosting companies and content distribution networks provide digital storage space for all the files, pictures, videos, and software that make up the content of a website. When a website loses its hosting provider, the site's content disappears. Losing a CDN a content distribution network can cause slow service for high traffic sites. And number three, a third category of infrastructure provider includes companies that protect websites from external security risks such as distributed denial of service d DOS attacks. DDS attacks flood a website with fake traffic to overwhelm it, rendering it unable to answer normal user requests. If an infrastructure company, such as a network security firm cloud fare, refuses to provide DS protection to a vulnerable website, it is vulnerable to being flooded with traffic, rendering it inaccessible.
Speaker 2: As before, If you want to hear the rest of this conversation on this topic, you can go back and down the podcasts from earlier this week to hear the entire thing. I want to get back to the big story number three of the week. You may have missed.
Speaker 1: Tenner.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about what's also happening at the border. The President of the United States of America has come out and it's pretty clear we now know what is reelection campaign again. I guess for the onslaught of illegal immigrants coming into this country is going to be it is. We need to start handing out amnesty somehow. That's going to fix the problems in this country. And it's something that we can all be proud of if we give amnesty. Here is the President of the United States of America in his own words.
Speaker 8: I love him when people say why dreamers. Can you imagine a kid two years old, Sam, Mom, don't take it because real ground is against the law. Give me a break. These have been model citizens. Congress has to act, and the right thing to do is to keep pushing forward until we get it done. Get it done.
Speaker 2: So there's this famous line, get it done. So he is doubling down. Now not only do we have it wide open borders, we have countless millions of illegal immigrants coming in. But he refuses to admit the carnage is taking place in the southern border. And now it's pushing for amnesty Part one, which would be all of these as he describes them, dreamers, and then the next part would be well more our illegal immigrants, and then part three would be even more illegal immigrants. This is what he's doing for this election.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, Biden's making clear that Joe Biden and the Democrats they stand with illegal immigrants. And given the choice between illegal immigrants and American citizens, they're with the illegals. Given the choice between criminals and law abiding citizens, there with criminals. And that is a consistent theme. It's why eleven million people across into this country illegally, because they look at those eleven million illegal immigrants and they say, hey, those are future Democrat voters. We stay in power if we let them in, and they turn a blind eye to the people who are suffering and dying. You know who Joe Biden didn't talk about this week?
Speaker 1: Who was that?
Speaker 3: He didn't talk about Marvin Perez Lopez. Now, who is Marvin Perez Lopez. Well, he was arrested the last couple of days. He is an immigrant from Guatemala. He was arrested over the weekend for kidnapping a minor under the age of thirteen and sexual assault. That's according the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office. Marvin Perez Lopez was in the country illegally was arrested on May fourth. Perez Lopez reportedly left Guatemala in early January, crossed through Mexico, and what did he do. He turned himself into the border patrol. But of course, Joe Biden, being a Democrat, he turned around, he let him go. Do you know when Perez Lopez was given a court date.
Speaker 2: I'm afraid that you're gonna say years from the moment they let him go.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty seven. There you go, twenty twenty seven, he was released, he went to Florida, and then he turned around and he's now been charged with kidnapping a minor under the age of thirteen and sexual assault. Now we're not going to say the miner's name, but we are going to point out, week after week after week, every single week, there's another violent crime committed by an illegal immigrant Joe Biden releases and what is he is he talking about?
Speaker 8: That?
Speaker 3: Does he care about this child who was kidnapped and sexually assaulted? The answer has to be known. Now. Look, when I say that, Ben, some people might say, gosh, that's harsh. What do you mean he doesn't care about a child kidnapped and assaulted. If he cared, he would stop releasing illegal immigrants. You can't keep doing it when you see, Hey, when I do this, children get kidnapped and raped. Maybe I should stop doing this. That's actually what someone who cared about the crime and wanted to prevent the next child from being kidnapped and raped would do. Joe Biden, And by the way, every single Democrat in Congress, without exception, every single Senator, every single House member, they don't care either. Why do I know they don't care, because if they cared, they'd be willing to stand up to Biden and say enough is enough, stop releasing violent, criminal illegal aliens. And in the Senate, every single time I force a vote, and I've done it over and over and over again, every Democrat, all of them vote in favor of releasing illegal immigrants, even if they're committing crimes against children in America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, there's you know the old saying, you know, see no evil here, no evil, right, and then you can insulate yourself. The Democrats, though, have heard enough to know just how bad it is the border, and now every state's a border state, and seeing how bad it is with what's happening whether it's in New York City, whether it's in Denver, Colorado. I mean it's widespread, the chaos and the anarchy, and the destruction and the abuse of children, the sexual abuse, that the human trafficking, the drugs, the fetanol.
Speaker 1: Is there any of your.
Speaker 2: Colleagues that truly still don't know or is this just a if we don't talk about then we don't have to admit what we already know.
Speaker 3: Look, it's hypocrisy. I'll tell you tonight. I was in a classified briefing in the Senate. I was a classified briefing talking about all sorts of things, including the threats of terrorism in the United States, And there was a Democrat senator who at some point was sharing that, based on the briefings he'd received, there's an enormous risk of terrorism. He's deeply worried, and we do much more to prevent it. And I remember sitting there and thinking, Gosh, what you're saying sounds very reasonable. Why do you keep voting in favor of releasing eleven million legal immigrants, Like at some point you can't claim I'm worried about the threat of a terrorist attack when you have nearly two million gtaways when you have Iran calling for global Jahad against America, when they have hesbel On Hamas calling for global Jahad, and the Biden administration letting them go. And he was what was interesting is sitting in this classified briefing, this Democrat senator sounded emphatic, he sounded believable. I'm like, wow, he's really worried about a terrorist attack. But you know what, just a couple of weeks ago, we had a vote on the impeachment of Alejandro Majorcus, who has let eleven million illeg immigrants grit go, and this Democrat, along with every single other Democrat, voted to throw the case out to hear no evidence. They didn't care about the risk of terrorism. That's the simple reality.
Speaker 2: One other thing, and you talk about hypocrisy, which does make me laugh. The Democratic Convention is going to be held in Chicago, and we're now hearing that ahead of the Democratic Convention, they are going to clear out the area of illegal immigrants. Take a listen to this from local NBC News in Chicago.
Speaker 7: Strong reactions tonight from residents after learning Mayor Brandon Johnson is considering plans to open a new temporary migrant shelter in their South Side neighborhood, and you.
Speaker 1: Don't know where to put him. Why would you put him in our neighborhood? Well, why don't we go by your house?
Speaker 2: All of that money that he's given them, we've been begging for yous.
Speaker 1: We've lived to our whole life.
Speaker 3: We have a lot of bad things that happen here already. We do not need this, We just do not.
Speaker 7: Located just blocks away from Guaranteed right Field, the proposed building near Canal and Pershing is in the city's eleventh.
Speaker 3: Ward look of words, Yet it's hid in the back.
Speaker 1: Why is that a good location? We have no amenities here as it is.
Speaker 7: Alder Woman Nicole issued this letter to constituents yesterday, saying she was notified earlier this week and met with the mayor on Thursday. She says the city wants to move migrants staying at the Standard Club near the Dirts and Federal Building to her ward before the Democratic National Convention.
Speaker 1: This is just insane.
Speaker 3: It doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: Keep them downtown, keep them.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I mean, this is not our problem.
Speaker 7: The alder Woman made it clear she is against the proposed plan, citing safety and location concerns and lack of justification for the move. She says, quote, as our city grapples with this unprecedented influx of migrants, it is crucial that we handle the migrant crisis safely, responsibly, and with full trans parentcy. The well being of our communities must be the top priority.
Speaker 8: For all we want to do is all's our veterans, and they're getting kicked at a side for the people who didn't do.
Speaker 1: Anything for this country. Yet those mount and women honorably served, they should be coming first.
Speaker 2: I love the last guy there talking about our veterans, but you go back to why they're doing this center read behind the lines here. This is because the residents are downtown in the area where the DNC is going to be.
Speaker 1: They're saying, hey, we got to clean this up.
Speaker 2: It's got to be nice and friendly and look good for the Democrat National Convention. We got to move them out of this area, all right, throw them out there in this other part of the city.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that's exactly right.
Speaker 3: And I thought the most revealing comment and that montage you played was the Alderman saying, this is not our problem. Now, she's a Democrat. All of those elected officials are Democrats. They keep voting for Democrats. They vote for a wild left wing Democrat mayor, they vote for a wild left wing Democrat governor, they vote for a wild left wing Democrats senator, they vote for a wild left wing Democrat president. Every one of those supports an invasion of this country of illegal immigrants, and they say, well, this is not our problem. Send them to Texas, send them to Florida, send them to anywhere other than our state. But we want them to keep coming in because you know what, we want them to show up in Texas and Florida and we want them to vote Democrats so we can be in power. But we don't actually want to deal with this invasion. The hypocrisy is massive, and if you want to change this, we need to have some real accountability. If they want open borders, we ought to send every single one of them to these blue jurisdictions until they realize eleven million people this is not right. They're doing it to Texas, they're doing it to Florida, and by the way, they're doing it to every other state in the Union. But they're trying to be utter hypocrites and say, don't do it to our own community.
Speaker 2: As always, thank you for listening to Verdict with center, Ted Cruz Ben Ferguson with you don't forget to deal with my podcast and you can listen to my podcast every other day you're not listening to Verdict or each day when you listen to Verdict. I'd love to have you as a listener to again the Ben Ferguson podcasts, and we will see you back here on Monday morning.