Speaker 1: Oh, son, the enemy of your enemy.
Speaker 2: The enemy of my enemy. That's right, you know, the saying that the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Speaker 1: That's exactly correct.
Speaker 2: I don't agree with that, because if you're the enemy of my enemy, why don't I don't. I don't know you. You could all you could. My enemy could not like you because you're a dick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but at least we'd have I.
Speaker 2: Don't want to be friends with any enemies of anyone.
Speaker 1: More importantly, Lyle, do you know do you do you happen to know how many suh dudes it takes to screw in a light bulb?
Speaker 2: I do not.
Speaker 1: None. It's already lit. Bam.
Speaker 2: I'll talk to you soon. Have a good name?
Speaker 1: Do you know? Do you know how many narcissists it takes to screw in a label?
Speaker 3: Every weekend goes on the line, making your phone calls every night, Everything goes to teaching you of.
Speaker 4: Your life.
Speaker 2: Expert. Hello, my name is Lyle, and you are about to listen to audio highlights of a stream that I do every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at ten pm Eastern Standard Time on Twitch dot tv slash Lyle Forever called Therapy Gecko, which is a stream about a gecko talking to people on the phone. These are the handpicked best calls of the past few weeks of my stream, and I hope you guys enjoy it.
Speaker 5: Paul from to accept Press one send Hello, how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good? How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm all right.
Speaker 4: I only just found you this this evening. Yes, and I noticed that there are just a lot of guys that call you. I thought I would call.
Speaker 2: You know it's it's inch. I you know, I feel like, you know, there used to be uh uh, well, it depends on every stream, but there there used to be a bit more of an equal division between male and female callers. But lease take whatever comes in.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, yeah, you don't have any control over it. What's your name, dude, My name is Molly.
Speaker 2: Molly. Have we spoken before, Molly, not at all?
Speaker 3: Ever?
Speaker 2: No, you said you just found out about the stream.
Speaker 4: Yes, like like half an hour ago.
Speaker 2: H how'd you find it?
Speaker 4: Well? I am a mom of teenagers, and so they're trying to educate me and they kick you. And I just really like a lot of things about watching your background, and I like your music. I don't know about the Gecko, but I like what you're doing. I like it so and I just wanted to call in and interesting.
Speaker 2: So you're sold on every aspect of this except for the gecko parts.
Speaker 4: And that's like you're saying, see, but I only just turned I don't know a lot about you, so maybe that's really I'm not an informed person to express my opinions.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, Here, the whole point of this is that you the second you look at it, you have all the information that you need to know. I assure you you know you know everything you need to know to make an informed judgment. What is it? What is it about the Is it that you don't like the gecko aspect? Or is it that the echo aspect confuses you?
Speaker 4: Well, it's incongruous, like well, and I have you know, I'm just looking at this beautiful background and your lovely music, and I'm maybe you don't always have the beautiful background and the lovely music. And I like all the things you say, and if I was just listening to you, it would be different. But you know, you're a guy who is well spoken and have a good heart, and you're dressed up as a get.
Speaker 2: Go, so everything but the get But so everything checks out to you when you're going down the list, and then you get to he's dressed as a get and you're like, I don't know about that part.
Speaker 4: Well, yes, and maybe it's because maybe that's you know, it's just me though, I mean, I'm just the one that has this funny reaction to that.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not by the way you sound sort of skittish, as if you feel like you've offended me, you have not. I'm far more No, no, no, you haven't offended me at all. Okay, I don't want I don't want you to get that impression. I'm not offended you by I mean, even by the way you've said nothing offensive. But even if you did, I'm I'm not offended. I'm far more interested. I'm interested. That's that's the way I'm curious about the your perspective of of the gecko part. I'm not offended, but I'm not offend. I'm offended by really a lot.
Speaker 4: But right, Okay, good, I wish I could be the.
Speaker 2: Same the gecko part. All right, Well, hold on, so now that you know that I'm not offended, okay, do you not like does do you actively dislike the gacko part.
Speaker 4: No, I don't dislike it.
Speaker 5: No, it's.
Speaker 4: No, it makes me laugh.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you a question? Yes, how do you do it?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: Lately I've stopped doing it.
Speaker 2: You've stopped doing it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have.
Speaker 2: I just why why?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know that.
Speaker 5: It's that.
Speaker 4: I lost my job a couple of weeks ago, and I really didn't like it.
Speaker 2: Sorry, you didn't like the.
Speaker 4: Job, Well, okay, I like the work as effect of it, you know, if I could just do my work, But it's always the political iola that I'm not really good at. I'm not a good schmoozer, and I don't I don't know. I never had climbing aspirations, you know, like I don't want to be the manager or the CEO or you know whatever, and I just want to do my work. But anyway, I'm not doing it anymore. I'm not doing that work anymore and I don't have to get up and do it. So for now I'm just not doing it. I'm having fun. Maybe I'm more like that Gavin guy or.
Speaker 6: Whatever, where I just I don't have.
Speaker 4: To please someone that I don't give a shit about. So I need to figure out what I do give a shit about and I'm kind of old to be figuring that out. But I'm liking staying home with I have the high schoolers, and you know, no one's going to school anymore, so they we've all been home for quite some time, and I'm just I'm kind of liking not doing it. I'm liking it. I know I can't not do it forever, but I hope I find find an it that is more likable.
Speaker 2: Well, I love this because you uh, you know, obviously you know losing your job is difficult, but it does sound like you're, you know, totally making the most of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, I got to find you. I got to like play around and find you. So that's a good.
Speaker 2: Thing I'd like to, you know, So tell me some other things that are like, you know, you're you're excited to do now that you you aren't working anymore.
Speaker 4: Well, like I can do stuff on a whim with friends who have different jobs, or you know, like I can do something on a middle of the day on a Wednesday.
Speaker 2: You can do it. You can go you can go, Gavin, right.
Speaker 4: Yes, you know, I could go walk with a friend or ski or don't know, I've been cooking a lot more. I don't know, just stuff that I didn't have time for before.
Speaker 2: So anyway, No, I love it's it's it is a very attractive thing to be able to uh just you know, on a random eleven thirty am on a Tuesday, instead of you know, having to be this place at this time, just go on a walk, you know, go fucking just do whatever you want, right.
Speaker 4: Like, go hike this trail that you're moving backwards as a get Have.
Speaker 2: You been able to develop any uh? Have you made any Do you think stronger developments in your relationship with your kids at all? Now that you know they're you're spending a lot more time with them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think so, Yes, one of them's nodding his head. Yet, Yeah. I have and more with my friends too, and I have a husband and so we've been doing more fun stuff too. I don't know, it's been good. But then you wonder, you know, when are you gonna wake up and.
Speaker 4: Figure out the next thing. That's the hard part, because I don't want it to be the same. I don't want it to be the same it. I want it to be a different it.
Speaker 2: Well you know it sounds like, well it sounds like you're very much enjoying the thing that you're doing right now.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: I mean again, I'm not a real I don't know how much I'm not a real therapist or a real person or I'm a lizard made of code. But yeah, you know, I don't know. I wouldn't stress to hard about what the next thing is, especially if you're having a good time in the current thing.
Speaker 4: Right So you're just saying be here now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds like what you got going on now is great. I would spend as much time as you can just you know, really being in the moment of hanging out with your kids and of really enjoying your freedom, you know, because next is not even really ever guaranteed.
Speaker 4: True, That is true?
Speaker 3: True?
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, of course. How did your kids find me?
Speaker 4: Don't honestly, I don't know. They're trying to they want. I don't even know what you can talk about on this, but me what streaming is to inform me about streaming and that there are people who who do this and this is what they do and this is their it. And so you came up as.
Speaker 2: An example what sparked your interest in the world of streaming.
Speaker 4: Because because I've been told and I don't know if I believe it, but I've heard that, and I can hardly believe it. I really can hardly believe. And I have teenage boys and they sit and they watch people play games. And this is a monetized thing. You can make money as the person doing the thing. And I was told that it can even be as dumb as knitting, because okay, I like to knit just for a hobby. That's the thing that I like. Oh you can just sit there and knit and people will watch you. And I just cannot believe this. See this, what you are doing makes sense to me. I understand what you are doing because you're helping people, You're talking to them. But it's true though, because my kids do watch people play a game. They are not playing the game, they are just watching it. I don't know what to think about it, and so they're just showing me these things and I'm sort of flabbergasted by it. But you make sense to me. What you are doing makes sense to me. But watching the games, I can't have them that. But it's very popular.
Speaker 2: That's funny. I will tell you even I know, I will tell you as someone that does it, if flabbergasts me as much as it flabbergass you. Right, but people do it? Yeah, it's Do your kids have like favorite streamers they watch, like Fortnite or something like that.
Speaker 4: No, not that one. I don't know if they're overwatching Minecraft, that's what they're they're telling me. I know Fortnite is not a thing in their house, but I do know that overwatching and Minecraft is.
Speaker 2: People are out there making People are out there going fucking nuts making a billion dollars having other people watch them play Minecraft.
Speaker 4: It's a thing, and I can't understand that that would just make me go crazy, even as the person doing it. But I mean, I guess that the money was rolling in it wouldn't be so good.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Now, let me ask you, which is now the idea? Now you're now okay, I know that you're flabbergasted by it. But now if you can accept the fact that it is something that people do, yes, that is a has been proven to be lucrative for some people. Would you enjoy streaming just fucking sitting there and knitting?
Speaker 4: I would, I would do it, but I just cannot believe that it could. I would like to try it.
Speaker 2: You Oh my god, you gotta uh, you gotta start a stream. And by the way, I know that you were saying like, oh, I'm uh you know, I'm getting older and whatever that the I want you to know something. And by the way, I've this is probably the longest phone call taken tonight because and like a lot of people, you know, uh, are like, oh, I don't I don't want to stream or make tiktoks because I'm too old or I'm not like everybody's doing it. But but here's the thing. I think that that's your like that makes you more interesting, you know, like I'm talking to I'm I'm I'm more I'm interested in you because you're different from the like, you know, the average person who has been calling in. So to me, the idea that you know, when you go out like on a on a place like twitch or on a place like Reddit and you stream, I think you're more interesting because you're you're different. So so so these things that people are like, oh, I'm too old to do this, I think it's it's you're you're different from everyone else, and that's a reason you should do it.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's what my son says and he but I just it's hard to believe him. So we're doing we're doing research right now. So you're very you're helping me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, you gotta let us know where where where we can find your knitting stream because I'm in you're getting while we're gonna radio and shoot, try Reddit too because redd it's a great place for that kind of stuff. Okay, all right, Well, sorry if I talked to your ear off too much about that, but.
Speaker 4: No, you're you're a lovely cantle.
Speaker 2: Thank you, well, thank you, thank you for calling and do what you say Your name was Molly, Well, thank you for calling him, Molly. I'll talk to you again soon.
Speaker 4: All right, good night, good night.
Speaker 5: All from ethop.
Speaker 1: Is this.
Speaker 2: Would you say your name was ian Ian?
Speaker 8: Yeah? I A and Ian I A n Ian Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's a lot of letters.
Speaker 2: It's not a lot of letters at all. Is there a two Can you think of any two letter names?
Speaker 1: Uh? Joe?
Speaker 8: Jay, uh, oh Ed ed Yeah, Mo and Mo Mo's.
Speaker 2: Not's not a real man. Joe isn't even a real no one. No one spells her name Joe like that.
Speaker 8: I don't know a guy I work with those of it that way?
Speaker 2: Is he what's he like? Is he a good person?
Speaker 8: Uh No, He's a piece of ship. And it's uh short for like something fucked up. It's like not Joseph, it's like some crazy hillbilly name, uh like Jo's Anthemyum or something.
Speaker 2: But anyway, why is jose Anteonum a piece of ship?
Speaker 8: It's just like a misogynist, like kind of like subtlely eracists. You know, I don't know, blue collar job.
Speaker 2: You know, I expected Joe's anthony. Yeah, I'm disappointed.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we all did well.
Speaker 2: Ian, Yeah, what is your life like?
Speaker 8: What is my life like? Full of like a lot of routines, you know, Like I got my morning routine, I got my work routine, work on a bunch of dumb fancy cars I don't care about and fix them and come home and do the same ship that I always do. Sounds pretty boring, but.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: These are traditions.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Well do you do you consider routines traditions?
Speaker 8: Well, I would say so, I have one that you might find kind of interesting. Every day after work I get home and like sanitize one of the couches that I have, like burn some incense and like spray some for breeze on it and ship.
Speaker 9: I.
Speaker 8: Uh. I had a buddy of mine, uh leave rehab against medical advice, and he asked me if a friend of his and him could stay at my house since he had nowhere else to go. I said, yeah, sure, you know, I don't want him sleeping on the street. And his buddy, who I had met that night, fucking died on my couch.
Speaker 2: Oh god.
Speaker 8: So well, I mean I didn't know the guy. Uh, it's a little weird.
Speaker 2: And that must be uh traumatizing experience.
Speaker 8: Uh it was look especially weird because I didn't know when I walked right past the guy as I left to go to work.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 8: And then I like got a call when I was at work and I was like, do you know such and such And I was like, I know he was at your house and he's dead.
Speaker 4: I'm like, what the fuck?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 8: So yeah, that was a little weird, Like I hadn't like really I thought that I had seen a dead body, but I guess I had been a dead body because I like walked past one going to work in my living room on my couch. So like that couch is like kind of feels a little weird to me right now. But it was the first piece of furniture that I ever bought new with my own money. So I don't really want to get rid of it. Yeah, I don't really want to get rid of it. But it's like gotta be haunted.
Speaker 2: At this point, you think it's haunted.
Speaker 8: I'm going a dude died on it. I mean, there's got to be some sort of bad juju. I always lose at Mario Kart when I sit on that couch.
Speaker 2: That would suck to die and then get b ring car be put in the in the body of.
Speaker 8: A couch, right, I mean, there's a lot of cooler things you could be, like manifested into.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't think like couch would be, you know, my number one. I don't know what would be my number one, but I don't think it would be a couch, especially in SCBs minimal.
Speaker 2: I mean, all right, so I know you didn't know this guy very well, but how did your friend react to all this?
Speaker 6: He was real fucked up?
Speaker 8: Yeah good. I mean my buddy Chris met him in rehab and convinced this dude to leave with him. And then when he died. He was like fucked up because you know, he convinced this guy to leave rehab and then also convinced him or like said that it was cool if he stayed at my house and told me that it was gonna be cool if he stayed at my house, and then I had a dead guy on my couch. And you know, he told this kid, life's going to be cool if you leave rehab, and then he fucking died. So kids stay in rehab. Rehabs a good thing.
Speaker 2: I second that sentiment. Yeah, well, thank you for sharing.
Speaker 8: Ann anytime, you know, next time someone on my cause, I'll let.
Speaker 2: You know here, give me a call.
Speaker 8: Yeah, all right, I'll.
Speaker 5: Pull from to accept press one.
Speaker 2: Hello. Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 10: Hello, how are you?
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 2: Damn Sam? Have my own speaker found us?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 2: Can you speak up a tiny bit?
Speaker 9: I'm on like really shitty headphones and I could unplug you and maybe you'll be okay.
Speaker 2: I'm plugging me, plug me back into the main frame. Do Oh what the hell is?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 2: Say say something again? Much better? Much better? All right? How are you doing? Sam?
Speaker 9: I mean, I'm at a point in my life where I'm like thrilled to have gotten through to a fucking therapy.
Speaker 2: Geck question, Well, look we're here. Look, we've both arrived at this point together, thank God, like should yeah, it would be terrible if we were alone here have we spoken before?
Speaker 9: No? Never?
Speaker 12: I wish all right, So.
Speaker 2: You're at what do you? What do you? What has gotten to you? What has gotten you to this point in your life in which you are talking to a lizard on the computer.
Speaker 9: I've been living abroad that I don't know if you can tell her my accent. I'm an American. I lived in Europe and I just went through like kind of a horrific midlife breakup that was super unexpected and like thirty five and single.
Speaker 2: You live in You live in Europe? Right now you're calling? Where are you calling me from?
Speaker 9: I'm calling from Spain.
Speaker 2: How does that work? Because you have an American fund number.
Speaker 9: I have a Google Voice account.
Speaker 4: I think technically I'm not the house one.
Speaker 2: Wait that's interesting because I I thought, I know, I this is a side note, but I thought all the time, like what if I just wanted to like fucking move to Peru and keep doing the stream. But I was cold, my fucking cool voice work.
Speaker 9: You totally could as long as you set it up while you're still in the US.
Speaker 2: It's so old, okay anyway, all right, So what what brought you to Spain? And you've been living there for all the pandemic as well?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I've been here since twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: Basically what brought you to Spain?
Speaker 9: I mean, there were a lot of good reasons to leave the US in twenty sixteen, and yeah, I kind of rode those all out in Europe for as many years.
Speaker 2: Just like, what do you what do you do in Spain?
Speaker 5: I'm a student?
Speaker 2: What do you study?
Speaker 4: I study architecture?
Speaker 2: Okay, worrd So you're you're going over to all the duomos Spanish? That's oh, come Arian failing?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: So who is this? Who is this person you broke up with?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 9: So this is a classmate of mine?
Speaker 5: Uh I don't know.
Speaker 9: So it's kind of an intense program. We spent a lot of time together, and I don't know, it's kind of weird to be a student in your thirties, and I think I just kind of assumed it was never gonna like happen for me. Like family planning, trials wise, and then I met this person.
Speaker 13: I was super excited.
Speaker 9: And we were together for three years, and COVID and all that shit kind of just pushed everything to like a breaking point.
Speaker 4: And now here, I am.
Speaker 2: How did you how to COVID push things to the to a breaking point? I don't.
Speaker 9: I mean, I've done my best to like be self reflective about it.
Speaker 4: And then I mean, I don't know, spending.
Speaker 9: A lot of time in one tiny space with another person for months and months at the time, it's like a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, yeah, I mean you're a globe trotter type of person, Isn't that? Is that what you guys wanted? Is that what you wanted? Was it? Was it? Do you want to settle down and have kids?
Speaker 9: It's weird because I didn't really think that that was who I was. And then like, yeah, they say that shit happens in your brain when you hit like thirty if you're a lady. And then suddenly I was just thinking about it all the time, and I like never wanted kids, and then suddenly I had like I could see a path forward into that kind of life. And it doesn't I don't know, it doesn't fit me at all. But at the same time, it's sort of this thing that I just wanted so much with this one person and that's gone. I'm kind of like, well, shit, now what the fuck do I do?
Speaker 14: Well?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Uh? What the fuck do you do? What is your plan? What have your thoughts to do.
Speaker 9: That I don't know? Like my plan was called therapy echo.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 9: I've got as far as coming up with like good reasons not to like return home with my tail between my legs, like keep doing this Europe thing, finish my degree, try to make a life for myself here, even if it's hard.
Speaker 2: But then, like you've been there for four years, would you already say that you have a life for yourself.
Speaker 3: In a way?
Speaker 9: But it's I don't know, man, Like there's one kind of life. There's the life that you have with the like your friends, and then there's that other kind of life, that adult kind of life that you have with like I don't know, a person that you choose to like exchange genetic material with, and like, fuck, dude, I don't know. There's there's just something very like odd about that whole equation. I could have a life here, I could have a cool life. I could go out, I could have friends, I could live in Spain. Spain's beautiful. But at the same time, I just feel like bigly deficient if I don't do this other thing that is still like classically human.
Speaker 2: Well, by the way, I'm not I totally fucked up starting advice show because I actually have no real advice to offer anyone. But hit, what was I gonna say? This site this thing that you want to, like you have a kid? Where Here's all I would say if I were thinking about this, if I were you, like, I would look at your desires and like really cut to the bone of like where do they come from? Because look, you could examine your desire to have a kid and be like, this is something I really want to do, or maybe you cut to the bone of it and you're like, this is something I really feel like women my age are should do. Which are those two completely different motivations? You know, you might I mean, I don't know. I might be speaking preemptively. You might have already kind of done that thought process, But that would be the first sort of thing I would consider doing. Is really just doing some detective work on your own desires and where they come from and if it's from you or from more so societal expectations.
Speaker 9: I mean, that's valid. It's probably a thing I need to do, I guess. At the same time, it's kind of like, I don't know. I think the conception of like what makes the lady a valid lady and me having like a baller career is not going to put me in that camp.
Speaker 2: On the other day, who who decides what makes someone a valid lady?
Speaker 5: Dude?
Speaker 9: If we're being real, like, I can have a great career, but I'm never going to be able to Like, I don't know, there's just something slightly sucked about a woman with no kids with a career. I've experienced it myself, like having female bosses that didn't have kids, and.
Speaker 2: Upon your female bosses that didn't have kids, like, what did you think about them?
Speaker 9: I sometimes got the vibe that like their job was all there was and it was this thing that they put all of their energy and like self worth into. And I don't want to be in that position where my job is the thing that I put all my energy and self worth into, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I yeah, you know, i I'm like pretty I agree with you on like the diversification of your life portfolio, you know, trying to make sure that you're not staking everything on your your work. But I mean, look, this is by the way. Also, like, dude, you're only thirty five, You're not fucking sixty. You know you could still meet you haven't. You haven't a run out the time to go meet people and to meet you know, go on dates. There's plenty of people that are over thirty that are dating. You know, you're not. You're not the only one in that camp. You know now, you're not. You're not You're not doomed. If that's what you want to do, It's not too late. I think thirty five is pretty young. Okay, well look you're young. Look, I you're fucking young until you're dead. If you were dead, it would be it would be too late. I think.
Speaker 9: Okay, thank you. I guess that's my advice for fuck just don't be dead.
Speaker 2: Don't be dead. Well, uh, would you say your name was?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well you have a good rest of the night.
Speaker 9: Sam, Thank you, goodbye.
Speaker 2: All from Malfoy, Malfoy and then Malfoy.
Speaker 1: Hello, Yes it's Malfoy. Wait hold on, let me turn off my stream.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry yeah, yeah, I'll wait.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that was pretty loud. I could barely even hear you. All Right, we're good now, how you doing, man, I'm all right?
Speaker 2: Are you are? You're not the same guy? Are you? You're not the Draco guy? Are you?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I tried. I figured I can't beat Draco and chat. I wants Draco so bad, but I could be like close.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't like that strategy, and I'll tell you why, Well, what's your name?
Speaker 1: Ice cream?
Speaker 2: Ice cream? I because you you called it. You tried to be the second best thing to Draco, but ice cream. You could have been the first ice cream.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, it was more of like a joke. I guess like it was. It wasn't really like even a joke. I don't know how to describe it, like just sort of like a little like witty thing, like because I tried to come up with a name, and then I saw everybody was saying Draco, so it maybe it was just like a word association thing more than anything. It just said mouthfoy.
Speaker 2: Do you have any traditions ice cream?
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think of some traditions. I guess Chinese food on Christmas is a big family tradition nice watching the therapy get go and eating Ben and Jerry's ice cream. It's a tradition for me and chips.
Speaker 2: Are you are you? Are you?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 2: What was the theme of your bar mitzvah?
Speaker 1: I didn't have a bar mitzvah, but I tell you about I can tell you about a really fun bar mitzvah that that I went to. P Yeah, So I babysat this kid, Harrison, and and I guess because you know what, I couldn't even tell you. Maybe his family invited me to be polite because I was just like his babysitter, and and so I went and it was really really nice, Like it was the nicest event that I had ever been to because this kid's family was super rich and like imagine like a wedding, Like it was a little bit nicer than a sweet sixteen, but like not as nice as a wedding.
Speaker 2: And I've been on the bars route.
Speaker 1: Dude, Okay, let me tell you right now. These guys they had so many different like little events and like activities that you could do, Like they had like a design your own beats where like you could go and they made Beats headphones for you that were like customized, wait.
Speaker 2: Like actual like actual fucking like Beats headphones. Yeah. It was every kid got fucking Beats headphones.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. So I didn't want I didn't want to be rude because I was like seventeen or eighteen at the time, and it was all these like eleven, how old are you when you have apartments? But I'm not sure you're thirteen thirteen, right, So I didn't want to, you know, take away the opportunity for any of these kids to get beats. So I didn't have them. But I saw all the kids basically running away, like all excited after they got them, like you could get your name engraved and like different like symbols, like basically like emojis and stuff. And they all had their own beats.
Speaker 2: That's insane. They must have had, like they must have cost so much. How much is a fucking pair of beats?
Speaker 1: I mean now, I think they're a couple hundred dollars. This was this is a while ago. Maybe they were a little bit less popular, but even when they first came out, they were you know, Beats by Dre you know, like it was that name, you know, still expensive. The dinner. The dinner was amazing. I had I had Fila mignon because how could I not have Sila mignon if I saw that on the menu and it was free?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What were some of the other activities?
Speaker 1: Oh, they had like you know, like the thing that you do at like David Busters, where like you throw the basketballs in the hoop and then they like rolled down the thing.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like they had a couple of those on carts that they like wheeled in. They had they had like an hour where there was a comedian and and like uh and a magician and they had like this little thing that they did together, like an ad.
Speaker 2: Book Jerry Seinfeld.
Speaker 1: Because you imagine that music is the most Jewish event of all time. That would be amazing. That would be great. I would have loved that.
Speaker 2: They had a comedian a magician. Who who was the comedian?
Speaker 1: I can't remember now.
Speaker 2: It was just a comedian, No.
Speaker 1: It was it was like who you call for like a kid for Mitzvah.
Speaker 15: It was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like Uncle Magic and and you know whatever the clown or whatever his name was, It wasn't really them. I'm just that would have been awesome. If it was them, but it was it was something along those lines, you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, they had a they had a comedian, a magician. Damn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those were the main highlights of it. It was a pretty good time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess. I guess after that you were like, this was when you were seventeen. But damn, that's a crazy ass bar mitz for the what All?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: So you were so you were you were you were the baby, okay, but you were the babysitter of this these kids parents, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, I was the babysitter of the kid.
Speaker 2: Did you make Did they pay you a lot of money to babysit?
Speaker 1: Yeah? They did. They paid me a lot. They would pretty much always round up whatever I would. I would go over for like four or five hours, and they would round it up to like one hundred dollars, like he just you know, pull a hundred dollar bill out of his wallet. Because they were the kind of ridge that to like show it off, you know. One time that my favorite thing, my favorite thing ever about them being super rich was the one time that they sent me home in their limo because they got home from some events super late at night, at like four o'clock in the morning and they were drunk and and and a lot of the time the dad would drive me home, but he just couldn't that night, so he was like he ext the limo driver to just bring me home. And it was so funny because the limo was stocked out with with all of like the snacks and like drinks that they would have in their house. So it's so funny because it literally was like a like a miniature pantry of like the same stuff that they had in their house in the backseat of the limo. And I was thinking, like, they really live comfortably and here like that that specific fact that they had the snacks in the drinks.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was the exact same ship that they had, Like they know their.
Speaker 1: Brands, yes, exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well tell me I want to give me. I want to hear an item that they had that you're like, what, how the fuck they have like this?
Speaker 1: It was the Pate Pets chocolate chip cookies, a specific brand of those rainbow cookies. The Spefeater Gin was the specific liquor I remember, because who even drinks gin? Like that's gross?
Speaker 2: But what do they do? What do these people do?
Speaker 1: The father is he was a Oh he was What kind of doctor was he? I think he was a dentist, but I could be wrong.
Speaker 2: Make that much money as a dentist?
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, So he had moved on from being a dentist. I could be wrong about the specific practice, but he had moved on since and had opened several of his own I guess he had made such a good name for himself that he was able to open several practices. And he basically was more of.
Speaker 2: More of like a managmentist Empire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like he was like the Empire guy.
Speaker 2: He was the franchise guy.
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: I had a bar Mitzvah, Burt Mitzvah was at Dave and Busters.
Speaker 1: No way, it's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was well because like I wasn't friends with any girls at the time, and like I think I think I got one girl on my mitzvah and I feel like dancing is like and most of the moments was like dance parties, but like a bunch of like middle school boys, they don't want to dance, they just want to play video games. It was a good time. He's fun. I'm glad. I'm glad we did it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm really sad since you brought up David Busters, because my goal for for the New Year twenty twenty one was going to be the year I win a PS five at David Busters and d n B is still closed because of.
Speaker 2: Look, ice Cream, when when it happens, I'm rooting for you, all right, thanks man, think think of me when you're fucking playing the basketball game trying to get y.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in your head, any lizard tamed games they have, I'm just gonna put all my coins in there.
Speaker 8: Do it.
Speaker 2: I'll be with you in your heart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you always are.
Speaker 14: Grek.
Speaker 2: Thank you, ice Cream. Do you have a good rest of the night.
Speaker 1: You too, Thanks, I'm I'm glad we got to have this chat. Have yourself a great night.
Speaker 2: I'm glad we got to have this chat as well. You have yourself a good You have yourself a fucking great night, ice C.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 10: Gk aw from Thanks Pick Spence, Hey, Gek, how you doing you know, Spence?
Speaker 2: I'm doing all right. My mom Mom in the city. I'm in the great country of Philadelphia, located in Canada, Missouri.
Speaker 13: Nice.
Speaker 2: Where do you live? What is your home? What street do you live? On what's your home address?
Speaker 16: I don't know if I want to give that out on the stream.
Speaker 2: I hope that's okay, that's perfectly fine. I respect your boundaries, Spence. You where do we go when we die?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 16: I don't think any of us really know, so uh we I guess we'll find out when we get there, or maybe we won't because none of us remember if we are from a past life. I mean, you can have, I guess, a past life experience.
Speaker 2: Do you do you have a hunch, Spencer of of what you might have been in a past life?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I actually do.
Speaker 8: I have.
Speaker 16: I have had one specific out of life experience, like out of body experience share, but I'd really rather not honestly, it was really yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, I could get deep.
Speaker 16: Well, I mean, like if you if you really want to go into it. I think, as wild as it seems, I really think I was in the Holocaust.
Speaker 1: That yeah, but you know, and.
Speaker 2: So we're both I think we I'm kind of interested in this conversation.
Speaker 16: Now, Okay, what do you want to know about it?
Speaker 2: Do you you felt like you were in the Holocaust?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 16: So I had this one like experience in my life where I was like in a situation and it caused me to kind of flash back to what could have been in the Holocaust. But I guess it is the thought has crossed my mind since then that you know, it's possible that I've heard too many stories about the Holocaust and maybe I'm just telling myself I experienced it because the situation reminded me of the story.
Speaker 2: But after, did you have h h like ancestors or great grandparents and grandparents that were in the Holocaust?
Speaker 16: No, all, my all, My family was in America before that happened. So they're from Europe, but they're not they weren't, you know, they didn't experience those atrocities.
Speaker 2: M When did you have this experience?
Speaker 16: It was I would say two thousand and thirteen, around.
Speaker 6: Thirteen, I don't remember exactly.
Speaker 2: Do you know what what was? What was what was going on? Were you, I mean, were you on drugs? Were you like.
Speaker 16: No, no, no, So so this is actually it's it's interesting.
Speaker 1: So there's it was in I was in Israel at.
Speaker 16: The time, and I went to a weekend. There's this this weekend called well it's not necessarily on a weekend, but sometimes it does.
Speaker 6: Follow a weekend, and it.
Speaker 16: Happens to be this time it did, but it's called log Boomer and.
Speaker 15: It's it's a.
Speaker 16: Holiday where bonfires are whatever. And in Israel there's a grave site of a big rabbi and a lot of people like to go to kind of like a pilgrimage almost each year to the grave site. And for this holiday, so to speak, it's not, you know, always celebrated. I don't know if it's a very Orthodox kind of holiday.
Speaker 9: But.
Speaker 1: Are you are you there?
Speaker 15: I'm not, but I was raised Orthodox.
Speaker 17: Okay, so there are a plenty of The entire little town, which is on the mountain side in Israel, gets kind of like flooded with tourists, I guess, or pill pilgrims really for the weekend or for the holiday if it's not, you know, whenever it is, and they have organizations that give out a lot of like food and whatnot because there's everyone there and.
Speaker 16: They'll just feed that for free. But it was like a whole mess getting into the area where they fed everyone, where they were giving out this great food, and I remember like there was this gate or something, and as I like got to the edge, I heard like I got in and I heard the gate slam, and I turned around and I saw people like shaking the bars, and it just made me like in that instant flashback to like the Holocaust and those kind of scenes of like people being trapped in those I guess, I guess you would say, like behind bar is really like, you know, shaking on the gate.
Speaker 2: Have you spoken to like a rabbi about this?
Speaker 16: No, No, I have not. I've never I don't think I ever have.
Speaker 15: Interesting, Yeah, And it's it's funny because.
Speaker 2: What a rabbi would say about that. I mean, I'm Jews, I have I'm not I'm not Orthodox Jewish. I'm more sort of you know. I mean, I I haven't like really practiced that much since uh, you know, getting older. But uh, I'm I'm wondering if a rabbi would have a like some some kind of explanation of that.
Speaker 15: You know, it's a good question.
Speaker 16: I I I've definitely, like I have rabbis that I speak to every well, not any you know, regular time, but you know, different rabbis from different institutions I've been to in the past, like schools and and programs, but I've never brought it.
Speaker 6: Up with any of them.
Speaker 14: That's a good that's a good point.
Speaker 16: I should ask one of the you know, I've never I guess I've never wanted to delve into that topic with them and see where that led me.
Speaker 2: But didn't I hope I didn't coerce you into talking about something you want to talk about.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, not at all.
Speaker 16: I just think that, like, just as I was initially hesitant to discuss this here, I feel like with a rabbi it would be that much more intense. So I probably anytime I've thought about bringing it up.
Speaker 15: With like maybe not.
Speaker 16: Because I'm sure that there would be a religious uh interpretation of you know, well, if you know that, then how could you not be a religious Jew?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 2: Are you really? I know you said you were raised Orthodox? Do you are? Do you practice now?
Speaker 5: Still?
Speaker 15: No, not at all.
Speaker 2: Okay, hmmm, that's an interesting story. I appreciate you sharing that with us. I have I haven't been to Israel yet. I want to do that when the pandemic ends. Yeah, I've always heard that. I've always heard that, like you know, when or not when a first has been practic saying that much that goes back to Israel, like you get back, you get back into it or whatever. You have some sort of like a thing that that will connect with the walls and with the wall and ship.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I mean I would argue for any religion, Uh, it's really a mecca uh to go to there. Obviously if you're Muslim. I mean there's plenty of Muslims to.
Speaker 6: Live in Israel.
Speaker 16: I mean politics aside, it's obviously a lot of heritage from any any Muslim that's from there, and Christians as well. I would say I spent a couple of years there in programs like studying in Jerusalem, and I would say that there are plenty of other tourists from all their cultures and religions, and they come to all the sites. So you will see Christians going to the Jewish sites, and you will see jo some Jews going to the Christian sites as well, and there are plenty of things to see. So I mean I would recommend it as anybody that's interested. But also on that note, like you said, they get kind of like anybody who goes there because it's that religious land. I mean, if you think about it, I mean like if Jesus of Nazareth, which is in that region. Uh so even for Christians. Uh, I'm sure that it's a draw and it reminds people of their you know, their religion that they're brought off with, and it kind of gets you. They reinvigorated with it if you, I guess, you know, kind of let it go by.
Speaker 2: Who is her name was?
Speaker 16: I said, Ben, But I think he called me Spencer, So I'll go with Spencer from now.
Speaker 2: Ben Well spend Well, Ben Spencer, Ben Spencer. You know those names where the last name is also kind of a first name. I imagine that there could be a guy out there whose name is Ben Spencer that could be one of those. Well, Ben, thanks for thank you for sharing man. Uh yeah, if you ever, if you do decide to tell tell a rabbi about that experience, you know, let me let me know what what they what they would have to say.
Speaker 16: For sure, I will definitely call in again and give you enough take Ecko.
Speaker 15: I appreciate you taking call.
Speaker 2: Of course. You have a good night, Ben, have a great night.
Speaker 5: Oh bye oh aw from.
Speaker 1: Shattered Chimp kap.
Speaker 2: Shattered Chimp? Is that you?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 18: Wait, hold on, can you mute the things?
Speaker 2: Who are you aware? This is a tag team call.
Speaker 15: Uh yeah, yeah, I've got uh my housemaid here.
Speaker 2: Which of you do you.
Speaker 1: I want?
Speaker 2: Let's start with you. How did you tell me? You and your house meet? You and your housemate?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 15: I moved into the house.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well how did you find out about this house in which to move?
Speaker 15: I found a found out abooted on a like a classified ad.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Now that's a lot of trust moving in with someone that you don't know. So so this relationship required a substantial sort of like you know, uh like alone or something like that. This relationship required a heavy amount of trust up front for both of you.
Speaker 15: Well, I mean it came with a damaged positive.
Speaker 2: But look, there's a lot more to you know, living with someone than just you know, a damage deposit. You know, you have to trust him that he's not going to invade your personal space, that's not going to be just a generally bad person to live with, you know, and he has to trust the same of you. So already your relationship, you know, sounds pretty strong. And he's he's he's helping you. Call into the Gecko show. You two are doing the thing together. It sounds like you've become friends.
Speaker 15: No hold on you got it fucked up. He didn't help me call in. He muted the thing for me.
Speaker 2: Watch, So you're both you're watching it together.
Speaker 15: Yeah, we're watching you on the TV. And then I had the thing going on my phone.
Speaker 2: All right, So you're together and you're doing you're doing an activity, you're watching a Twitch stream together.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So what's your relationship like now?
Speaker 15: Oh, we're buddies man. When I'm working. You'll let my dog out during the day, things like that, we shoot the ship. We have beers together.
Speaker 2: You have dinner together.
Speaker 15: No, we have beers.
Speaker 9: I mean.
Speaker 15: Also, if I make a like a big dinner, I'll share it with Tony too.
Speaker 2: You know, it's very nice. Does Tony ever do anything nice for you?
Speaker 15: Yeah, you're damn right man. He always helps me out with my dog. He'll help me fix things like fix my car like shit. I mean, you got to appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Let me ask you something. If you moved out tomorrow, right, would you still keep in contact with Tony? Do you how much of your like friendship with Tony is is reliant upon you two living together? Do you think that? Actually? You know? Can I talk to Tony? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Do you want Tony, Do you want to talk to the lizard Man?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to talk to Tony.
Speaker 15: Well, Tony doesn't really want to talk to you, apparently.
Speaker 2: But can I can you ask Tony why he doesn't want to talk to me?
Speaker 18: Cool show him.
Speaker 15: Stuff, But I'll say, did you hear him?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I didn't hear him.
Speaker 15: Oh god, wait, hold on, try again?
Speaker 1: Did?
Speaker 12: It's a cool show, but I'll stay out of the media.
Speaker 2: Is still the media? Yeah, I don't know if well, I mean, it's not CNN, it's a it's a Twitch stream, it's Gecko show. The our thing.
Speaker 15: I don't know. I'm maybe like the computer lizard Man thing is a little bit high pressure.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm so curious. I don't want to invade your your Tony's privacy, but I feel like he has secrets that he's hiding now and I'm a very nosy little lizards.
Speaker 15: Why, maybe good about how knows you you are?
Speaker 2: Sega?
Speaker 15: Maybe Tony doesn't care how knows you you are?
Speaker 2: You know what? I respect Tony's privacy.
Speaker 15: Yeah, you want to take like a moment for like an awkward uh chilenge?
Speaker 2: Well, I already did, but it wasn't awkward. It was just a silence for me.
Speaker 15: Wait wait, can I have just like for an awkward one?
Speaker 14: Would you mind?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: What what is it? I mean? I don't what do you mean by awkward? How would make this awkward for you?
Speaker 9: You?
Speaker 2: I mean? Look you, I mean look, things have the attribution that you want to give them, and I've chosen not to give any of my silences the awkward attribute. And if you want me to voluntarily give this silence an awkwardness and my perception of it, I'm not going to do that.
Speaker 15: No, don't already got it?
Speaker 2: Hey, shout a chimp. I appreciate you giving me your time this evening.
Speaker 15: Okay, right on, man, I love you all right, I love you too.
Speaker 2: Good night. I don't think they were really Canadian. I think that was Tony's secret. Something was up with them at the end. Or maybe I'm just jealous. Maybe I just wish them my roommate. Was that was that cool? That's probably it was jealous, because I want a cool Canadian roommate, makes meat dinner, takes my.
Speaker 5: Dog out all from Madison.
Speaker 2: Madison.
Speaker 4: Oh hi, how are you doing night?
Speaker 2: I thought you said, who is this?
Speaker 4: Oh no, how are you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm doing all right, Madison. How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm all right, I'm all right.
Speaker 1: Thank you for asking.
Speaker 2: It's my pleasure.
Speaker 4: I didn't really expect.
Speaker 11: Me to go through, so I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: You have nothing to apologize for. Do you know I wasn't expecting you to get through either, Madison. You know what that makes.
Speaker 4: Us two piece in a pod, makes us.
Speaker 2: Two people who were not expecting to talk to each other on the phone that are now talking to each other on the phone.
Speaker 4: Well, oh yeah, it's pleasure to meet you.
Speaker 2: I like your show, Thank you very much. Uh what's what's your life like? Madison?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 4: Interesting?
Speaker 2: Interesting? What's what's so interesting about it?
Speaker 4: Nothing? Well, sorry, I'm just nervous.
Speaker 10: I just.
Speaker 11: Me and my well it's just me and my grandma left, so me and her run a bar together at pool Hall.
Speaker 4: Have to deal with crazy people on a daily basis because of that.
Speaker 2: Interesting. What's what's the name? How did first of all, how did this get started? Was it like, did you two start the pool hall or was it a family business before then?
Speaker 11: No, it was a family thing. So my grandpa started it in eighty three with the business person and he passed away. Both of them did, and then it was just my grandma left and now it's me and her.
Speaker 2: Do you are do you do you just work there? Or do you like own it together?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 4: We own it together and I managed it for her.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. Uh do you do you like it? Or just dealing with drunk people get tiresome to you?
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 11: I I play in like pool tournaments and stuff, and I played pool quite regularly, not like people think.
Speaker 4: But it's it's actually kind of hard.
Speaker 2: Pool. I don't think people thought the pool was pool was stoop. Do people give you ship for thinking that pool is? Do people give you ship thinking the pool is not hard?
Speaker 4: Oh? My god, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 11: The amount of guys that come in thinking that it's I don't know, the way to flirt is saying that they can beat me in pool while drinkingly talking to me is kind of funny.
Speaker 2: You got decide you got to start putting money on these games, dude, I do I do this? The episode of Drake and Josh where Josh hustles people in pool? Yeah, remember this? Or are you not? Or do you not? Do you not watch Drake and Josh?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 4: I remember that episode it's a lot of people think it's like how movies depict that, you know, a dingy.
Speaker 11: Place with smoke everywhere, people throwing money around. But it's actually it's kind of a nice community once you get into it, and a lot of go into pool quite honestly, a lot of.
Speaker 4: A lot of science and maths. Well it has to do with like physics.
Speaker 11: And geometry and stuff. Sorry I sound like a nerd, but.
Speaker 2: No, this is so so like are you so you're actually like when you're practicing for pool and you've got like a fucking pro tractor out like on the white ball and ship measuring stuff.
Speaker 11: Not necessarily but with each Like so, if you've ever looked at a pool table, you ever noticed the little dots around the wooden part. Yes, that's actually to calculate the different degrees for the angles. So like if you were to bank a ball into another hole, you would you wouldn't break out a protractor, but you'd guestimate the angle and sometimes you have to adjust the angle depending on what type of the table.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I think it's cool.
Speaker 2: Isn't that cheating? Like in the in the pro pro pro tournaments, do they still have the white dots.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, they do.
Speaker 2: Isn't that kind of cheating? Wouldn't it be more hardcore to like just like be able to like memorize where the shit is with the angles?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I guess it would be, But not a lot of people really take the time to.
Speaker 4: Figure all of it out. It's actually kind of fucking hard.
Speaker 2: Well, tell me, Madison, what who you were? You were complaining earlier about like having to deal with drunk annoying people. Who's like one of the most annoying fucking people you've had to deal with doing this?
Speaker 4: There's very many, but just the other night. Okay, Well, I've had.
Speaker 11: To call the cops twice in one week recently, and one was because this man I had barred, uh decided to uh come in the bar and want to fight me because I had barred him. And then another instance it was, uh, just some drunk dudes screaming at people, and I asked him to believe he picked up a TV remote and threw me dead or hit me dead in the chest. Yeah, but uh, yes, you know, people get crazy, especially when they drink.
Speaker 2: Nothing scarier than someone who's been banned because they're what the because they are they're invincible. What the fuck are they gonna do? Are they gonna get double banned?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 11: And dude, like I'm not, I'm not easily shaken up by any means, you know, like didn't really didn't really grow the best.
Speaker 4: But I'll tell you what. That dude the other.
Speaker 19: Night, there is no color left in his eyes.
Speaker 4: He was so messed up.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh my god, Oh you beat him up?
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, no no.
Speaker 11: I called the cops, which I don't like to do, but you know, I live in Florida, so you got to call the cops sometimes.
Speaker 2: Jesus. Well, uh, it's interesting none of these people shake you up. I mean, have you ever had people like threaten you? You just don't care when people threaten you with shit?
Speaker 11: Not really, I'm not trying to really sound like a like a tough guy here, but I feel like certain life experiences of how to dealt with were more scarier than an angry little man that doesn't know how to go to therapy.
Speaker 4: I mean, I've got people wait on out of the parking lot for me by my car and stuff, but I all to take care of myself.
Speaker 8: So jeez.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I'm glad you mentioned. I'm glad you got to mention that part about it being a uh at the end of the day, a positive community. I can see that with the tournaments and stuff bringing people together definitely. Well, thank you for sharing, Madison. You know. And there's there's an add on of grand theft. I don't know why I'm thinking about this or mentioning it, but there's an add on of grand theft, Auto four, The Lost and the Damned where you can you can use a pool que as a weapon. So I did just think of that.
Speaker 4: That used to be one of me and my dad's favorite games play together. Hell yeah, well you have a great I do. Did you just hear my cat?
Speaker 2: I did tell tell the cat? I said, hello, all right, thank you Madison. You have a good rest of the night. Thank you for sharing you too. Bye, goodbye. Hey there, this is Lyle again, just coming in to give a couple quick plugs that I wanted to talk about. This is not a sponsorship. I don't have any sponsors right now, but if you would like to support the show, if you gain any value whatsoever from listening to this podcast, from being part of the GAK nation, then you can consider supporting on Patreon dot com, slash lyle forever, you get access to exclusive streams, the exclusive gak legends, discord server, and most importantly, the good feelings associated with helping me eat food and live in a place. You can also get some officially branded Therapy Gecko merchandise at www dot therapy gecko dot com. Go check that out. And all right, enough asking you guys for money. There's another thing I wanted to talk to you guys about. I received a DM on Instagram from this kid named Goal. I'm so fucking sorry if I'm pronouncing his name wrong, but he's a good kid. He has this podcast out there called Teenager Therapy, and he does a sort of a similar thing to me. I think he's a little bit more sincere about it, but you know, I have my rule where I don't talk to anyone under the age of eighteen, and his whole demographic he's I think he's seventeen, and his demographic is helping other teenagers with you know, teenager problems. And you know, I liked what he was doing, and I wanted to tell you guys, especially if any of you guys listening to this are under the age of eighteen. I don't, like I said, I don't let anyone underage call into my stream. But check out this guy's show. It's Teenager Therapy on Apple podcasts and Spotify and on Instagram and Twitch and all that other stuff. So yeah, go check them out. And all right, that's enough. That's that's it for the by the way, and they didn't pay me to say that. I just thought he was a good kid. You know, I'm not over here taking money from children. They need it, all right, they're they're about to enter a terrible rough economy. Anyway, I don't know anything about the economy. I'm fucking stupid. All right, let's get back to the calls.
Speaker 5: Oh from Louise.
Speaker 15: Louise.
Speaker 2: Louise, hey man, how are you Louise?
Speaker 3: I'm doing good.
Speaker 2: How old are you? Louise?
Speaker 12: Twenty one?
Speaker 2: Why are you doing so good today? Louise?
Speaker 12: Well it was my day off, so of what day off? That's cool?
Speaker 2: Dove the enemies Louise, Well, so not person, but I.
Speaker 12: Would say time.
Speaker 2: Time.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so I don't know. I'm so I'm about to graduate, right, and it's really made me think a lot about time. So my family is like an immigrant family, right, mm hmm. So like my entire life, Michael has been to go to college. That's that's kind of what they've instilled done me to go to college and get a great job. And I'm about a month from graduation. Uh and I'm also like in the process of getting that, I've already interviewed with a very good company.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 12: And and so I've I'm basically waiting to get this job offer, and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get it. It's gonna be a very good job offer.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 12: But uh so, like my entire life has been building up to this moment, right where I graduated and I get a good job and I make my parents proud, right. But now I'm like, me that your life after the school, right, Like there's more than just college.
Speaker 2: You're kind of you're kind of in the way of all right, you've been working, You've you've had this thing in mind, and your whole life has been like all right, you know, trying to get to that moment of getting that job, and now that you you're there, you're like, oh, fuck, now I have to actually do this thing.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and not just that, like I kind of have a choice of jobs so of course I'm not. I'm just not sure. You know, I'm kind of in the tech world. So the big question is kind of like whether I want to move to Austin or whether I'm not when it moves to California.
Speaker 2: Again, I'm not a real therapist or anything, but I mean, you're The thing that bothers me about this is the fact that your goal is intertwined with what your parents want for you. Well, and I'm curious if like you want something that contrasts with what your parents want.
Speaker 12: I mean, to be honest, not really like I really actually do like computer science. Yeah, I've never been much of an artist. Like I've tried to do music and stuff, but I've never been much of an artist.
Speaker 2: So I've been saying, like, I know that the classic uh narrative is, uh, parent wants son to be a doctor, But there's probably parents out there who want their kid to fucking be a musician but they want to be a doctor or you know, something like that. But so you like computer science.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I do. And what's kind of feel I'm going to So that's that's why. Uh, it's kind of like having to make a big life choice of where to accept this job whether I want to be in Austin or in California and like the inifications, or that I live in Dallas since very nearby. Yeah, and so I would be able to visit family if I was nearby, you know, Dallas and California is quite further away, but California would have slightly better like job outlooks, but I would be so much further away from family. So there's just a lot. And it's made me realize, you know, I have infinite choices in life with my night time sure, and I can only make you know, I can only go one down one path.
Speaker 2: You know, well, you actually I feel like you have more time than you think you do. I mean, I know that you're like twenty one, and so because you've lived such a small amount of time, you think that every year is fucking hut up with this. You don't have that perspective, But your life is a lot longer than you might think it is. So like you know, I wouldn't look at any of your choices as like permanent, you know what I mean. If I had to make a gut decision, I think that you would be better. I mean it's hard, I don't know how old your family is, if it's like you know, you want to make sure you spend a little bit of time with them, or you know, if they're still young, then I would suggest, you know, and again I'm not telling you what to do or anything, but you know, i'd lean closer to the route of, you know, going off on your own and sort of building your own life separate from your family, because it does sound like they're kind of a little intertwained in your your business there. But yeah, you know, don't be afraid to sort of go out to California and set your own life apart from then.
Speaker 12: All right, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: But also don't ever listen to anything that crazy green man on the internet tells you.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that also makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: Thank you for calling in, Luise.
Speaker 12: Okay, yeah, thank you, thank you for doing the stream.
Speaker 2: Of course, I appreciate you calling in. You have a good night.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Oh nice guy.
Speaker 5: All from Eric.
Speaker 1: Hi Eric, Hello, how are you Eric?
Speaker 14: I'm doing pretty good. Surprised to that I got the call.
Speaker 8: Eric.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised you got the call too. I wasn't expecting to talk to you Eric. Yeah, him, you know who we are right now? Uh what we are two people who did not expect to be talking to each other that are now talking to each other on the phone. All right, do you agree with that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean I kind of agree with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why only kind of?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 14: I mean I guess I do agree with it.
Speaker 1: I was just like, uh, I don't know I agree with that.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What what did you do today?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 14: I don't even know?
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm did you do? Did you do something suspicious and you don't want to tell us? That's fine? If you did, you don't you don't owe me anything.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I uh.
Speaker 1: I did some stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's awesome. If the as long as you didn't like kill.
Speaker 14: People, Yeah, no, no doing that it.
Speaker 2: Sounds you're making it sound like you like killed someone today or you sold drugs.
Speaker 15: I don't sell drugs.
Speaker 14: I don't I don't kill people.
Speaker 2: I don't think you kill people.
Speaker 1: Normal.
Speaker 2: But then again, like, but then again, like that's what someone who kills people would would would want you to think of them. I don't think, Like imagine someone who kills who kills people. You can't because it's lots of different kinds of people kill people. You know, so I can't just assume that there is that there is someone that kills people and that then that this is what they typically look like or sound like. I like, because we're on the phone right now.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I can't argue with you.
Speaker 20: With you there, I'm no danger all around us.
Speaker 2: There's these think there's danger all around us.
Speaker 14: I don't know's I guess. I mean that's pretty that's uh, I could get.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Eric, Yeah, what what? What?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 9: All?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: So assuming that there's danger all around us, right? What what particular kind of danger? Eric? Do you do you think is the most dangerous.
Speaker 20: H I'm gonna say, uh, bears to have done cocaine.
Speaker 2: Mm hm. You know, you know who's probably more dangerous than a bear who did cocaine? Who whoever, whoever gave that bear cocaine?
Speaker 3: Kay?
Speaker 2: Because they because they are the type of because if you I feel like, if you go out and you willingly give a bear cocaine, first of all, you're probably like some kind of cocaine kingpin. If you have enough cocaine left over, you can just give some to a bear. And then second of all, you're just going right up to a bear and going up to his nose and shit, that makes you pretty I would be scared of that person.
Speaker 15: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 20: Who do you think would win a bear that did cocaine or like a tiger.
Speaker 14: That did cocaine?
Speaker 2: I feel like, all right, so if this were like, if we were like simplifying fractions here, we could probably just get rid of the cocaine part and just say who would win between a bear and a tiger? Would you agree with that? Or do you would you agree with that? Or do you think that the answer to who would win between a bear and a tiger and who would win between a bear and a tiger both on cocaine is different? Do you think the cocaine is an important variable? Because if it's not, we can simplify this.
Speaker 14: The cocaine is definitely a variable. I think like.
Speaker 2: For it to be an important variable, I think the answer to these two have to be have to be different. They answer these questions have to be different, all right, All right?
Speaker 15: Uh? How about uh?
Speaker 1: How about uh.
Speaker 14: Let's say if like a.
Speaker 1: Let's say, uh.
Speaker 14: Bear on cocaine versus tiger not on cocaine.
Speaker 2: You know what, actually, fuck it? I think the tiger wins either way. Because the tiger is agile. The tiger, the tiger is more agile than the bear I've seen, and tigers can like fuck up animals that are bigger than that. I think the tiger would fuck off the bear. Cocaine or not?
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, I got it.
Speaker 2: Also, I mean there hasn't been that. How many studies have there really been on how cocaine affects animals? How cocaine affects Uh, well, I guess we did. We gave a bunch of mice cocaine a while ago. But I mean, you know, we haven't really given a bear cocaine, so I don't know. Maybe that'll make maybe that makes them tired.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I don't know, like we've I feel like we haven't done any tastes on that.
Speaker 20: I feel like there's like some like animal right viola, Uh hey, I got a friend.
Speaker 14: He wants to know what your opinion on vampires?
Speaker 2: Did I tell your friend that I have no opinion on vampires?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 14: All right, they're they're watching the stream, they've been text they're texting me.
Speaker 2: They really can I ask why they want to know my opinion on I haven't And I'm not saying that to be a jerk. I'm saying that because I would. I feel like I'd be more of a jerk if I just came up with an opinion on the spot. But I really haven't done my due diligence and research on vampires to be able to give an informed opinion.
Speaker 20: I don't know.
Speaker 14: They seem very angry that you don't have an opinion on vampires.
Speaker 2: We'll let them be angry, all right. You can't please everyone. Yeah, I love you, Eric, I'll talk to you.
Speaker 1: Soon, all right, thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 2: All.
Speaker 5: From Christina.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's not very good.
Speaker 4: Kick.
Speaker 2: Hello Christina.
Speaker 13: It's Christina and Matt. Actually we're very excited that we got It's Christina as well as Matt.
Speaker 2: Which one of you would be more interesting to talk to?
Speaker 13: Probably me, I'm.
Speaker 19: A little bit less introverted.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I will hear both sides of the story. What's up? How did you two? What's your relationship? Are you dating? Are you siblings? Are you friends? Are you cousins? Are you enemies? Okay, so you don't have it. I don't see an Alabama area code.
Speaker 13: No, we're my boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Cool. I wish Matt was my boyfriend. How did you two meet.
Speaker 16: Bumble, all right.
Speaker 2: I like that because you went off the bad saying that you are more he's more introverted than you, So it kind of would make sense right that you met on bumble.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'll tell you the story. Actually, on our second date, I was trying to kiss in and we were in my car and he fell out of my car because I was trying.
Speaker 5: To kiss him and he did.
Speaker 4: He was scared of me.
Speaker 2: It's like some Michael Sarah ship.
Speaker 3: He was like.
Speaker 2: Packing away like he didn't.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, that was it.
Speaker 2: Why was it? Why was he afraid?
Speaker 4: I think I come on a little strong girl, scary.
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: How did what was your like opening line to him?
Speaker 13: Did you do anything spooky for Halloween?
Speaker 10: Matt?
Speaker 2: Did you do anything spooky for Halloween?
Speaker 3: Did?
Speaker 2: I know?
Speaker 4: Not really?
Speaker 15: I think I just said some bullshit.
Speaker 2: Largest fucking Adam's apple. I've ever heard. What is your tradition, Christina? My tradition?
Speaker 13: Well, actually we wanted to talk about our tradition, and our tradition is that like we don't do anything right together, Like all of our dates go wrong somehow, and we've been together for two years, and I think it's just kind of like brought us closer together. Like, so we we were trying to go to DC and this should really only be like an hour or two expedition. It took five hours for us to get to DUC because we missed the train. I had to file police report because there was some creepy guy like poking his head in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: There is a guy fucking his head in the bathroom.
Speaker 13: Yeah, he was a He was a worker at the I guess it's a metro.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: He wasn't like he wasn't like a sanitation worker cleaning it.
Speaker 13: He was a sanitation worker. And there was this like beautiful woman next to me standing and like powdering her nose or doing her makeup whatever, and he was trying to get a date with her. And I just felt so obligated to like like I've already washed my hands, man, I like I dried them. I was just like standing there trying to find things to do to make sure that this woman was okay, because the dude was giving off.
Speaker 4: A weird vibe.
Speaker 2: So how else have you tell me about? Okay, you said that none of your dates go correct.
Speaker 13: Okay, that might have been an exaggeration.
Speaker 2: Well, Okay, tell me which one has gone which one has gone the worst, the least correct, what's been the biggest misadventure.
Speaker 4: The worst.
Speaker 2: I want to hear from I want to hear the story from me.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, all right, all right, let's see which one has.
Speaker 8: Gone the worst?
Speaker 6: Which other one went wrong?
Speaker 3: I would say that one.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm kind of like Philadelphia.
Speaker 9: You know, we went to Philadelphia and we didn't really do anything but stay inside of there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we gotta.
Speaker 2: In Philadelphia and not really doing anything. We got every couple, every couple has a story about the time they went to Philadelphia and they didn't do anything.
Speaker 18: Yeah, we just went to Philly and ate food for three days and wasted money on an airbnb?
Speaker 13: What the food?
Speaker 2: What the fuck else do you do? No, that's not everywhere you go on vacation anywhere. All you do is walk around and eat food. That's not doing nothing. You just want That's what the fuck else were you gonna were you gonna do? That's what you do when you go to a new place, You walk around and you eat food there.
Speaker 9: So also with that trip, I had forgotten to refilm my adderall and.
Speaker 18: So I was basically part of the trip with me attending to Christina coming down from her ADHD medical You.
Speaker 2: Had to be the human adderall yeah. But I feel like you'd be good at that, Matt, because you got like the very you got a very chill vibe. I feel like you'd be good at calming down some ADHD people.
Speaker 1: I'd like that for you.
Speaker 2: He's Christina, Matt, thank you for regarding us with you with your misadventures here. I hope that your love blossoms for another five thousand halloweens.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 18: I hope we can suck up five thousand more halloweens.
Speaker 5: For sure.
Speaker 1: We will here. We will.
Speaker 2: Much love, much love. All right, you guys have a good night.
Speaker 18: Yeah, yeah, I love you.
Speaker 2: I love you too, Matt. You have a good night.
Speaker 14: What about me.
Speaker 2: And Christian? I'll see you guys.
Speaker 5: Call from Miranda.
Speaker 2: To accept Miranda.
Speaker 4: Okay, whoa, hello, Hi?
Speaker 14: How are you?
Speaker 4: H I'm doing all right?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm chilling. I'm in the sky, Miranda. I have a question for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what is it?
Speaker 2: Do you have any traditions?
Speaker 4: Mmmm?
Speaker 19: Oh, I hm, I'm trying to think.
Speaker 2: I mean it's okay, We'll wait.
Speaker 19: I guess I guess. The tradition that I have is that for every Thanksgiving I eat breakfast food.
Speaker 2: You eat all right, that's interesting, for every Thanksgiving you eat breakfast food.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I eat breakfast food for every Thanksgiving, like pancakes and bacon, scrambled eggs.
Speaker 13: The works.
Speaker 2: But you don't, by the way, you don't mean every Thanksgiving you have breakfast and then later and that you have Thanksgiving dinner because.
Speaker 4: That's a copyiving Giving dinner.
Speaker 2: You have breakfast food.
Speaker 19: Yes, for Thanksgiving dinner, I have breakfast food.
Speaker 14: And how did this?
Speaker 1: How did this?
Speaker 2: How did this begin?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 19: I guess. So one thing, I've always like hated turkey, Like I don't know what's wrong with me. I hate like Thanksgiving turkey. It doesn't taste good ever, Like I've just never liked it. And so eventually my family is like pretty pretty small, and so at one point we just realized it wasn't worth, uh, you know, spending like a crap ton of money to make a huge breakfast or not to huge breakfast and use Thanksgiving dinner like buying a turkey, stuffing all that all that stuff, like it was really expensive, and like it's just my mom and I is and my grandparents, and so one year, like I guess, they like they were looking at the money and they realized that it was cheaper to like basically just order the food instead of making it and just ordering it for like a small group of people, instead of like having like a whole turkey and all that like shit. And when we were finally ordering it, I was like, hey, can you just order me something else? Like can you just order me something that isn't Thanksgiving food?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: And they're like okay, well yeah, this is where it begins.
Speaker 19: And then they're like okay, well, like what do you want to order? And I was like okay, well, you know what, fuck it.
Speaker 4: I'm like twelve.
Speaker 19: I love pancakes, as every twelve year old should. So I got some fucking pancakes. I got some bake and I got some scrambled eggs, and everyone judged me because they're like, hey, that's weird, like why don't you want turkey? And I was like, Turkey's trash, dude. So anyways, I gots I got breakfast food for Thanksgiving dinner, and then ever since then, I was like I feel empowered, you know, I feel empowered to just yes to just get whatever I want for Thanksgiving, and so now now everything'sgiving dinner, I get breakfast food.
Speaker 2: You're an iconoclass.
Speaker 19: An iconoclass, but I know what that word is, but I don't actually or in I've heard that word, but I don't know what that means.
Speaker 2: You're you're you're like a contrarian. This is interesting because we were talking to ship what was her name? Fuck, we were talking to someone at the beginning of the stream who also was like she wasn't specific about it, but she was saying that she had an iconoclastic contrarian energy. I feel like you too. I feel like we I feel like there's a there's a math, there's a theme going on here tonight. Yeah, there is a you know what there's that's I think that's the theme for the night is being being a fucking contrarian, you know, I.
Speaker 19: Mean, you know, I just one thing that's funny though, is every year, so like you know, pre COVID, we'd usually go out and eat for Thanksgiving dinner, like read reserve ahead of time, and every single time, like at the dinner table, once I'd have my breakfast food there, everyone had the table was like, oh, you know, I really I wish I had some bacon or I wish.
Speaker 2: Oh you got all right, So that's what I was gonna ask. You got other people on the waves?
Speaker 19: Well, yeah, so like on the way, some people would like sometimes like I'd like share a little bit. I'd share like a little bit of a pancakes or a bacon, ri eggs or whatever.
Speaker 2: That's benevolent of you to share with people who who didn't believe in you.
Speaker 19: I know, you know, and I mean I feel like, you know, you have to be nice about it because you know, like, oh you got you gotta share a love. You know, it's family, it's time of thanks. I might as well, you know, give them.
Speaker 4: Thanks.
Speaker 19: But you know, you got to you how to get people on the train. You got to get people on the breakfast train for sure. And honestly, you know what, I recommend it, whatever you want for dinner, especially Thanksgiving dinner.
Speaker 2: So you eventually got everywhere. So now when you go in and have Thanksgiving dinner, does everyone get breakfast food?
Speaker 5: No one.
Speaker 2: No one's getting turkey anymore in the family.
Speaker 19: Well, so what's funny is that so like the places that we usually go to and like we haven't done this since the pandemic. But like the last time we had Thanksgiving because like again, you know, we're not ordering a whole ass turkey because we can't eat all of it. So what they do now is like now a lot of my family instead of like ordering like turkey, they'll get like whatever meat they want, like I think, like last year, like my mom got like ribs, you know. Like so now it's not necessarily always breakfast food, but and now it's like a lot more different food, like not traditionally.
Speaker 2: Breakfast food Thanksgiving.
Speaker 19: I just really like breakfast food.
Speaker 2: Well I'm gonna try. I'm going to try Thanksgiving ribs and pancakes or you know, hell yeah, I might go a step further in the contrarianism, right, and next time I have and maybe tomorrow night I'll order some ribs and pancakes and declare it in my perception of reality to be Thanksgiving.
Speaker 19: I mean, you know anything, Okay, if you want to perceive tomorrow night as Thanksgiving, that's your reality.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 19: That makes it real. Whatever you perceive is real to you may not real to everyone else, but it's real as hell to you. You get those ribs and pancakes and you have tomorrow night and Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: I will thank you, thank yourself.
Speaker 19: Hell yeah, have a have a fun night in the sky.
Speaker 2: I'll try. Thank you.
Speaker 9: All.
Speaker 5: From Amber.
Speaker 2: Amber, Hello therapy Gecko.
Speaker 4: I have been trying to get through crazy that you must.
Speaker 2: Have something very important to tell me.
Speaker 6: I do well, I mean ask you, but sure, Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: It's okay, bute, it's okay if you don't. No, I mean it's look important relative. I'm sorry, never mind, I'm gonna stop interrupting you.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say if you had a question for me, I'm more than willing to answer. I just was calling in because I have a legit problem that I think maybe you guys can give me an in partial view on how I should go about something.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll try my best. I don't know if you caught, but the last few people that gave that I gave advice to left the experience sounding very disappointed. But I'll try again.
Speaker 14: Well, they hit some.
Speaker 3: Pretty crazy things, some people legitimate, but some people who have called him a craziest thing. But this is legit. I'm very confused in a relationship that I've been in for two years, and co is good to talk to your friends, but your friends are invested, so they kind of give you advice that you probably should listen to, but sometimes as strangers and somebody who's not attached, just to see if your way of thinking is still the right way of what.
Speaker 16: You should be doing.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll hit us Samborn.
Speaker 3: So I haven't had the best of luck with relationships. I am, we'll say, in my forties. I'm in my earlier part of my forties. I have not been with very many people, but the people I have been with, I have been in long term relationships, my longest being thirteen years. I met this incredible person through work, and in the beginning it was just a friendship and it was just coworkers. About maybe a year and a half after something's progressed and I thought he was trying to say something to me without saying something to me, and I thought feelings were involved, and I think they still were to a degree, but it didn't work out the first go round. So my mom always gave me the good real relationship advice is something was meant to be. If you said it free and they come back that it's a sign. Am I rambling?
Speaker 2: Okay, No, I no, I I agree with I I do. I do to it to an extent, I do kind of agree with if it's if it's meant to be, If it's meant it's meant to be. But I want to I want to hear the I want to hear the rest of the story.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 3: So, in the past, I've jumped into things with people that weren't the best for me. So in this case, I thought, even though it hurt very much, because he was even to this day he is an extremely great person, I set him free. I moved. I didn't even tell him, and we had mutual friends, but they kind of knew what was going on, and they knew I wasn't really talking to him and kind of knew the reason why. I mean, it was more my hang up than it was his hang up. So I don't know. I think it was four months go by.
Speaker 2: Can I ask what the hang up was that caused you to set him free?
Speaker 3: I finally got enoughner to tell him how I felt. We were all going to a concert together, and he brought us over to his friends before the concert because it was only like feet from the venue, and I was planning to tell him during a specific song how I felt about him, because I really thought up until this point, that's what it was leading to, that you were.
Speaker 2: Going to go were you You weren't dating at this point.
Speaker 3: No, we were still just hanging out as friends. So we were going out to breakfast, going out to eat, and doing things together. He would incorporate me in his day he does something. Where he does isn't tied into an office or or setting.
Speaker 2: He's he liked this guy, and you were about to tell him how you how? How uh how you felt about him?
Speaker 3: Okay, so well, he brought his date, so I just never told him, And when they went onto the concert, I stayed back at the friend's house and I proceeded that I am half a bottle.
Speaker 6: Of tequila and wait for him to come back and take me home.
Speaker 1: So he never knew.
Speaker 3: So, like I said, it was more my hang up than it was it. So when we got back into contact, I did let him know. So this wasn't something that was hanging because once we started talking, he asked me why.
Speaker 2: You didn't hold out for him?
Speaker 10: Did you?
Speaker 2: Are you still trying to meet other.
Speaker 14: People at this point?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was already dating other people. I was dating actually a couple of different people. One was like really horrible and I knew he had to go, and the other guy was just kind of having fun with, you know, somebody to hang out. We kind of had some mutual stuff, but it was never anything that I was taking seriously.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So when he came back and texted me with something, we started talking and that's when things changed for us. And that's when things were more open and we proceeded to start sleeping together at this point, okay, And it wasn't something that was like we slept together and we fell instantly in love and we couldn't stop being around each other. I knew to a degree that still kind of take things slow because the conversations we had had in the past.
Speaker 2: Okay, So where are you guys? Where are you guys? Now?
Speaker 3: That's where I'm confused.
Speaker 11: So you.
Speaker 2: Where?
Speaker 1: Where?
Speaker 2: Where does the confusion come from?
Speaker 14: Okay?
Speaker 3: So one thing he's always told me is he doesn't want a girlfriend, which is.
Speaker 2: Okay, He's always told you that he doesn't want a girlfriend as a.
Speaker 3: Friend, and as this he has made this statement more than once.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you want all right? Do you do you want to be his? Girlfriend.
Speaker 3: I'm okay with things being.
Speaker 2: Be completely honest.
Speaker 3: Here do you do you completely honest? I'm being completely honest. I'm okay with things staying the way that they are because of past things that's happened in my life. If with him being he doesn't hurt me, is more than a gentleman. He watched out for me during the pandemic. He watches out for my dog. So he's a very carrying person towards me, And I know he's not just using me for the pleasurable side, because there came a point where, because of situations with the COVID where we stopped because his mom lives with him and we wanted to keep her safe.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, So so so the problem is, Okay, here's the you're It sounds like your problem is you're confused about what to do with this guy because he doesn't want a girlfriend. But to me, it's like if he doesn't want a girlfriend, I mean, the idea of like the idea of like, I'm gonna stay with this guy even though he's told me a thousand times he doesn't want a girlfriend because he's a nice guy. Is I mean, it's tough, but I get it. I'm not gonna say I don't get it, like I get that. You you know, you find someone and there's like, you know, you're you're willing to look past deal breakers. But I mean that the fact that he just has told you outright that he doesn't want a girlfriend is a huge thing, you know, And it sounds like, again, you know, your relationship with this guy is totally amicable.
Speaker 3: But and I hear you, because you know, any other girlfriend that would sit there and tell me the same story, I would tell her, you know, what are you wasting your time for? But in my defense, in my defense, this happened to me prior the person I spent thirteen years with. He is the first friend that I let crossover. This guy is the second guy I ever let crossover from friend into something more. Okay, the last person told me the same thing for three years.
Speaker 2: All right, but you can't but you can't be you can't be like you can't you can't be like Okay, I was able to flip the other two guys. Now I'm gonna flip this. You can't. You can't look at it like that, Okay, I, in my personal you totally can't look at it like, and also that would just be you don't want to do that to that guy, because that guy has set out what his boundaries are and he's like I I and he and also like props to him, like he's telling you, he's told you straight up a thousand times. I'm I'm letting you know right now, I do not want a girlfriend. And I at first I was thinking, like all right, maybe no. The fact that you said what you said about like all right, the other guys I was able to flip them from saying I don't want a girlfriend into you know, now I'm their girlfriend makes me think you have sort of alt or your motives and you don't you don't want to go into you don't want to hit this guy with with your ulterior motives trying to trying to change it. I think you beat so much better off moving on going back out into the world. You know, and and I know, I know, and we talked with that other woman.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 2: I know it probably gets harder when you're older, but there's there's also still lots and lots of people out there dating that your age. I just think it would be so much better for you to go find someone who is like, yes, I want a girlfriend that you are compatible with. They're supposed to like try to flip this guy just because it worked in the past.
Speaker 3: I hear you when where the confusion comes in and to one, he is the second guy. There wasn't two guys prior. He is the second guy that I let in past the friendship.
Speaker 2: Even if he's the second guy, don't care guy any other guy.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I was just saying, but he does like weird things like even though he says I don't want a girl friend and he does commitment thing like.
Speaker 2: Take take take, I don't. I don't care if what he says is different from what he does. Take him. What he says and what he does should be the same thing. And if they're not the same thing, leaf, I think, Okay, that's that's just my opinion, you know. But but Amber listened, you know, Uh, I appreciate you calling. I hope I'm not crushing your dreams here, but I just I would not.
Speaker 3: I know, like, sometimes it's just easier to have people.
Speaker 2: Who don't play don't play games find the guy who the idea that he's like saying one thing, but he's doing anything just don't fucking play the games. If you want to have one last conversation with him and be like, you could be like, how come you're saying this and do it, but fucking don't even do that. Just move on from this guy. If he if he's not, if he has set up his boundaries, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Definitely.
Speaker 2: But but thank you for calling in Amber. I hope that this was of of something.
Speaker 3: No, it was huge help, and I thank you for doing this because of course people like us met somebody who's been impartial to just be comfortable and say something so freely, you know.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. Well, thank you, Anba, thank you for sharing with us. I hope you have a good rest of the night.
Speaker 9: You too.
Speaker 3: Therapy Gecko, thank you.
Speaker 2: Goodbye. Right, everybody, everyone needs an impartial lizard. That's that's what I'm changing. I'm changing. We're not We're done with therapy Gecko. Therapy Gecko is over. I am now the impartial Lizard.
Speaker 6: Call from Ronald from Canada.
Speaker 2: Ronald from Canada. Hellnald from Canada. Hello, Ronald from Canada.
Speaker 6: No, I think I think it's just repeating my voice. No, yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: No, it's me, dude.
Speaker 6: Oh oh oh, that's trim me o.
Speaker 1: What's up? Man?
Speaker 2: How are you Ronalds from Canada?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 12: Good?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 2: Why is why? Is right off front of set?
Speaker 6: She thought I was on the voicemail. She she wanted us to call in.
Speaker 2: She uh, and she's like she seems like she's she's in staunch disbelief right now.
Speaker 6: I am, Oh my god, Yeah, there you go. How's your night going.
Speaker 2: It's going all right. I'm hanging out in the sky. I'm having a good time.
Speaker 1: A good man.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you your girlfriend is in I almost I almost want to prove to her that I'm real.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, stay hard.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna pass out, don't. I'm gonna cry.
Speaker 5: Hello, I'm starstruck.
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 6: She's starstruck. Apparently.
Speaker 2: I'm just a fucking.
Speaker 1: I live there.
Speaker 2: I'm a lizard man. What okay? What's what's your girlfriend's name?
Speaker 6: Her name is Samantha.
Speaker 2: Do you guys have any traditions?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we do, so, I mean hoping Canada. It's I mean, it's cold as cold as hell, right, so we don't got too much going on, especially during the winter. So once a month we have a bunch of our friends over and we get all get super baked, and then we play a little game where we all order pizza from different pizza places with random toppings, and then we place bets on you know, whose pizza place will arrive first, and then whoever the newses has to do some sort of some sort of like a embarrassment based on everybody else or what everyone else agrees on.
Speaker 2: What was the last embarrassing thing that you had someone do?
Speaker 6: Oh god, so last time was was weird? But we didn't we didn't vote for this. But the loser had to put a piece of pizza crust in their butt.
Speaker 2: But normally actually like like like when you say a piece of pizza crust, do you mean like they would like sandwich it in their butt cheeks or they would shove it up their aus.
Speaker 6: I think originally the expectation was in their anus. But I think they just did their butt cheek and everyone was okay with that because no one.
Speaker 2: I think forcing someone to shove I think sourcing someone to shove it up their ass is a bit too extreme. But hot dogging it in between the butt, that's not that bad.
Speaker 6: No, it's not that bad. I mean it's like crossing stride. But yeah, so that's what we have going on up here.
Speaker 2: But although you would get like what, I don't know what they put on the pizza, cuss, but like salt and crumbs and ship in your.
Speaker 6: Buttole right and it gets a little bit gretty, it's probably like I don't know, maybe like when you're at the beach and you get stands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that is someone eats your ass. If someone's eating your asshole out that night, that's would kind of taste good for that.
Speaker 6: Her herb and garlic flavor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not bad. It's better than you know, I guess. So have you ever have you ever lost the pizza the pizza delivery guy game?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah many times.
Speaker 14: But the.
Speaker 6: Worst thing I had to do was throw up my pizza.
Speaker 2: But that like that was like by far the worst pizza.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but normally it's like take a shot, like you know, like whiskey upside.
Speaker 2: That they felt like they fucking made you like stick your fingers down your throat and ship it and puke up the pizza.
Speaker 6: Yeah it was. It was pretty bad, But normally it's like it's Canada. It's I mean when it's like negative thirty outside and we're frozen. And you know, I don't know how cold it gets there, how much you snow gets snow, but oh in the sky, in the sky, I don't I don't know how much snow you get up there. I don't think that goes too well.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you. I'm like a like if I entered into a bet or something like the pizza bet and I lost and they told me I had to I had to shut my fingers down my throat, I'm pick up my pizza. I would just say, no, I'm not doing it. And then they would say, but you after you lost the bet, I would say, it's artificial. There's nothing buying the to do.
Speaker 6: There's no writting contract. No, yeah, I have no visual representation by you'd prefer the hot dog.
Speaker 2: Yet AWAYS wouldn't do any of it. I would just sit in the corner and eat pizza. And I would be like and they would be like, you have to puke that all up either, and I'd be like, no, I don't have to. I don't have to ever fucking do anything that you guys told.
Speaker 8: Me to do.
Speaker 6: I paid for the pizza. I'm not throwing it up.
Speaker 2: Paying for the piezas Yeah, you know, you lose the bad you pay for the pizza. That makes more sense than why it should just be that, just be the guy pays. I don't know why you're putting things up your ass and ship.
Speaker 6: We get. I mean, we're baked, obviously we're probably not thinking the clearest. But I think that you know, it's probably be a pretty good suggestion I'll bring next time. Okay, Well, honestly, I think in the past year of this, nobody has every one suggested the loser pays for the pizza, So that's pretty messed up.
Speaker 2: Their mind's just skipped immediately to you have to stab yourself in the chest or so. I don't know, I was trying to think of a thing that's too extreme. I don't think anyone would want would stab themsel. Would you have to kill themselves or stab themselves? That's too extreme?
Speaker 6: Like I probably wouldn't maybe affiliate myself with people like that. But yeah, I mean, who knows the world, I like.
Speaker 2: Put sauce in my ear, maybe I don't know, putting some putting stuff up my ass or in or like having to like finger my uve my uv Leah, what is it? Yu've lea, Yeah, I don't know if I would do that.
Speaker 6: No, what well? I mean, I'm sure as like a kid, you probably put like plato in your ear or your nose or something. Kids are pretty dumb.
Speaker 2: I guess, or in your ass.
Speaker 16: I don't know what.
Speaker 6: What kind of pizza do geckos like?
Speaker 2: Barbecue chicken?
Speaker 6: Barbecue chicken? All right, that sounds good.
Speaker 2: Actually, are you asking that me that? Because you're gonna send me pizza.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna ask my girlfriend, but she's probably gonna say no, you're trying like this new diet thing.
Speaker 2: So your girlfriend loves me, why would she send me pizza?
Speaker 6: Hey, Samantha, why wouldn't you send the pizza?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 19: She said she chipped pizza gag.
Speaker 2: Okay, word.
Speaker 16: Tyler, Uh.
Speaker 2: Nah, she didn't have to send me a piece. She's she's a nice person. You're both nice people. Don't let don't let your friends tell you to shove pizza crossed up your ass. Don't don't let them do that too. You guys, have a good rest of tonight and enjoy enjoy the beauty of Canada.
Speaker 6: You take care.
Speaker 4: Tonight never goes on the line making his own calls every night.
Speaker 3: Never goes to just teaching your lord