Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Final Hour in this Monday Dan and the Dan EMPs Dan Patrick Show Best and Worst of the weekend. More of your phone calls coming up and we'll play fill in the blank eight seven to seven to three. DP Show Email address Dpadanpatrick dot com Twitter handle. The DP Show operator Tyler is sitting by a flurry of activities over the weekend, and we'll get some more action coming up at noon when it becomes official, when teams can start to finalize negotiations that have probably been going on for quite some time. But some of the headlines yesterday, I think the biggest headline Miles Garrett staying with Cleveland getting paid. Gino Smith goes to the Raiders. He's thirty four years of age, and it gives them some stability because they had not had good quarterbacking play the last couple of years. Josh Allen gets his contract extended. DK Metcalf to the Steelers, DeVante Adams to the Rams, which might be the biggest move. I love it the Rams did. Still not sure who the quarterback is with the Steelers. Still not sure what the Jets are doing. Still not sure what the Giants are doing, and maybe not sure what Seattle is doing. Now there could be an outlier here. Is Tennessee going to use that number one pick on cam Ward? Are the Giants going to go up? The Jets going to go up? What do the Cleveland Browns do they want to ensure that they get cam Ward or Shadoor Sanders? Do they want cam Ward at the number two position? The Patriots they don't need a quarterback? Do they trade down? Do they take Travis Hunter? So there's a lot of movement that's going to happen. What happens with Russell Wilson, justin Fields and of course Aaron Rodgers. All right, poll question for the final hour. By the way, we have the Minister of Humor, Fritzy is here. Dylan is in for Seaton today and tomorrow, Marvin and Paul and yours truly, what's the poll question for the final hour?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Dan, So we've got what positions should be valued more studio analyst, slash host or game analyst?
Speaker 5: Okay, referencing the stephen A. Smith situation.
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 4: And also the Browns are the worst situation in the NFL.
Speaker 5: True or false?
Speaker 2: I don't know, if they're the worst situation, you move on from Deshaun Watson, he's not going to play for you again, and then you move on from him after this next season. I just I agree with Paulie that it feels like the Browns to Miles Garrett is the Angels to Mike Trout. I mean, both are Hall of famers, but you're not surrounding them now. They tried to surround them with talent, but Joe Thomas stayed there, became a Hall of Famer, and they weren't competitive. But with Miles Garrett, you've got the best defensive lineman, defensive player, future Hall of famer. But what good is he right now to a team that maybe is not good enough to compete? And I think that's the tricky part of all of this is at what point do you say, are we better off moving on from our best player and one of the three or four best players or five best players.
Speaker 6: In the sport.
Speaker 2: I think you owe it to your fan base. You've got to at least explore. But if nobody was going to pony up what they thought was commensurate to being the best defensive player, I get it. You don't want to get rid of him, just so you can add draft picks, because I have to have the confidence in what you do with those. If Seattle has the draft picks or Baltimore has the draft picks, I like, okay, we can make something out of this. Certain organizations are where they are because they don't draft well, and that would be my big concern with Cleveland. All right, so that's our whole question. For the final hour of the program, Good morning. If you're watching on Peacock, download the app if you haven't done so. A couple of the headlines with men's basketball, some teams punching their ticket, they're going to dance, Omaha, lipskumb High Point. You also had Drake in there. Drake got a lot of players from Division two and they are a very gritty, gutty, scrappy team. And that should come as no surprise because Drake has been pretty good, a pretty good basketball team the last five years. But Drake and Southern Illinois Edwardsville. I don't know where it is other than it's in Southern Illinois and apparently Edwardsville. So we're a little less than one hour to the official start of NFL free agency. Khalil Mack is going to stay with the Raiders.
Speaker 6: I think he's man.
Speaker 2: Is he close to be in a Hall of Famer? How many Pro Bowls? When it was a Pro Bowl, like truly it was an honor to get named to the Pro Bowls?
Speaker 6: He got seven? Eight.
Speaker 7: Kalil Mack, I have him with. I have him with nine Pro Bowls, including last year at age thirty three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I can include that one. I can't include that. I'm sorry, I can't. It goes on the resume, I know, but no, not if I'm grading the resume.
Speaker 7: Three time first Team All Pro those are all two with Oakland, one with Chicago.
Speaker 6: He's got over one hundred sacks, one O seven and a half one I was seven point five. Yeah. Smart.
Speaker 8: If he's a big part of a super Bowl winning team, that's what I think puts von Miller over the top. It's his performance in the Super Bowl and winning Super Bowl MVP because I think he probably has a similar career to Khalil Mack.
Speaker 6: How many give me the numbers for von Miller?
Speaker 7: Von Miller uh two more seasons in the Pros, very similar, Rookie of the Year, three time first Team All Pro, eight Pro bowls. He's cooled off in the last few years.
Speaker 6: And he just Scott released Yes, how many sacks?
Speaker 9: One hundred and twenty nine and a half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's gonna put him in one twenty five is like the that that might be the line of demarcation there. But Klomac he was the thing there for a while. He had a good year lands here.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Pro bowler, Yeah, pro bowl.
Speaker 9: Ottery.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he had like seventeen sacks a couple of years ago.
Speaker 10: Yes, Martin, He's also one of those guys.
Speaker 8: If the transfer portal was a thing when he was in college, he wouldn't have been a Buffalo.
Speaker 6: No, he would not. No, you would not, Yeah, Buffalo.
Speaker 2: I remember he came into the New York studio, uh during the draft and uh he was shorter, but like he was, he was solid. It's like sometimes you see him like Trey Young came in and you know, it felt like if there was a strong wind coming in through the door that he might get, you know, nudge, the jostled around a little bit.
Speaker 6: Who else?
Speaker 2: Manzell when he came in wasn't as big as I thought. Jamis was taller, Mariota was taller. Lamar shorter than I thought, and wasn't big, like wasn't built the way you would think for a guy who's going to take contact. So sometimes when you're you know, this hit me a couple of times where you're watching somebody. When I first met Jack Nicholas, like he's the Golden Bear, and then all of a sudden, I realized, I'm taller than the Golden Bear, Like he's supposed to be about six one six two, and I think he was maybe five nine or five ten. Johnny Bench, same way, like Johnny Bench, and then you meet him. Johnny Unitas is the one that kind of surprised me. And this is later in his life. I met him at ESPN and he came in, and you know, you look at Johnny Unitas on film and you're thinking, and that guy, he looks like he's six' five and THEN i think he might have been five eleven six foot maybe when he came, in you're, like, yeah It's. Johnny And Bart starr was another guy you're meeting. Me you, go how do these guys survive in this violent? Game Barry, sanders, remember it's, like, man you're. Short and then of course he stood under the hoop and then went up and dunked at two.
Speaker 6: HANDS i, said all, right so what good for? You Guess?
Speaker 10: Tom and not only a violent.
Speaker 11: Game back then everything was nothing was called as it is now like they just you can do almost anything to a quarterback and there was no flood for.
Speaker 2: It all, right couple of phone calls, Here drew In, ohio and then we'll play the popular, Game phil in the, BLANK i, Drew.
Speaker 12: Hello bart eleven two, six.
Speaker 13: The.
Speaker 12: Privilege the first THING i want to say is thank you for being the only national podcast and recovers. CALVES i know they're not, sexy to know they don't get, clicks BUT i need someone who explained to me Why Donovan mitchell isn't AN mvp. Candidate he's the most viable player on the team with the best record in THE, nba and anyone who's watched them play knows he could score thirty five at.
Speaker 6: Night, WELL i just don't think it's a balanced.
Speaker 2: Team AND i brought this up earlier that He Donovan mitchell should be involved at least in the conversation out of respect for a team that's having an incredible. YEAR i get the feeling that the analysts are, saying, yeah you, know If lebron's, there then they'd cover. It But Donovan mitchell is doing Something lebron didn't. Do as far as regular season In, cleveland it's a balanced. Team Darius garland's played, Well Evan mobley played, Well Kenny atkinson probably going to be your coach of the. Year it's they don't move the, needle that's. All people don't talk about, him maybe don't believe in. THEM i, mean Even Boston austin won the. Title boston's had an unbelievable. Run but the only conversation we have now Is Jason tatum the face of the.
Speaker 6: League is he an elite? Player LIKE i don't we get caught up in these silly.
Speaker 2: Arguments ALL i know Is Jason tatum is a great player just because he doesn't fit into the category of being obnoxious Like Draymond green or put.
Speaker 6: Up you, know.
Speaker 2: We're out worldly numbers like you, Know, joker they just. Win he's a great player who checks the box on all of the. Categories is he a sexy, Name no he's.
Speaker 6: Not is he a great? Player is he going to The hall Of? Fame yes he.
Speaker 2: Is but you know this is what people want to cover and they usually cover the same things over and over and.
Speaker 6: Over but, yeah you're looking at The.
Speaker 2: Celtics they could win it, again and it still feel, like, yeah but let's talk about The, lakers or let's talk about you, Know sga BEING. MV i, Mean i'm Happy that'sja getting attention In Oklahoma. City that's, great and he's gonna win THE, mvp, Yes.
Speaker 8: Marto and After saturday, NIGHT i was, like, WAIT i forgot about The. CELTICS i felt really terrible THAT i forgot about how good, offensively defensively and talk about a balanced team and they're good. Everywhere they didn't even have Porzingis saturday. Night they're missing.
Speaker 6: Him. Yeah it's like The.
Speaker 2: SPURS i, Mean spurs were an unbelievable basketball, team, unbelievable AND i remember WHEN i was at The, mothership it'd be, like oh, gosh The spurs in THE Nba finals. AGAIN i think The, pistons there was that, feeling but you, know we get spoiled when It's magic Versus larry or Then michael comes. IN i mean even The rockets With clyde and a, team they were a lot of. Fun but then you have The, spurs but The spurs are one of the great. Dynasties but there was, nothing you, Know Tim, duncan all, right bank, shot you, know twelve feet. TURNAROUND i Loved, Ginobili Sean, Elliott Tony, PARKER i mean They, DAVID i, mean they had an unbelievable, team but they're in a market that's not. Big there's, nothing there's no, drama there's no. Excitement the coach doesn't do. Interview you, know it's all of those. Things, Yes mark.
Speaker 8: Were the bad Boy pistons in that same category BECAUSE i felt like they kind of stopped the whole transition From magic in bird right To. Jordan The pistons like, wait, wait, wait we're. HERE i don't know if they were in that category of they're not the world's sexiest.
Speaker 2: Matchup, well it's like when you, know they, say anybody object to this? Marriage The pistons were, like anybody object to this marriage Between magic And larry and Then Michael jordan and Then isaiah raises his.
Speaker 6: Heah oh, yeah we.
Speaker 2: Do just for a couple of years, Though we're going to be a real nuisance, here, Yeah Paulin and it's not.
Speaker 7: Really but if you look at your two, Guards Darius garland and The. Cavs When Isaiah thomas was older And dumars came, Around isaiah's stats went, down but they're winning more ballgames and they didn't have a focal point. Player him And dumars were this really tough team to deal.
Speaker 2: With isaiah is one of the more underrated players in the history of the. Game he, is and he won a title At indiana With Bob. Knife and it's not about. Likability i'm just talking about a pure basketball. Player and you, KNOW i think he, had you, know the issues with The Continental Basketball association back THEN cba or was that THE G League AND i don't think it was THE G league at the, time but you, know he had some he had some issues there The knicks, Certainly but this guy when he was on the floor was.
Speaker 6: Unbelievable FINALS.
Speaker 2: Mvp BUT i think that's one of those where we don't look at him favorably like we should as one of the, true true great great point. Guards you get to the, uh oh, yeah that. Guy don't forget About. Isaiah oh that's, Right. Isaiah he's one of those and he's six's one. Unbelievable let's See rick In. Arizona, Hey, rick what's on your? Mind and by the, way IF i said you can have you can't have, magic who are you? Having who's your point? Guard Probably? Isaiah isn't it Over? Iverson Steph curry's not a point, Guard Steve, NASH i you, know still Take? Isaiah, Hey, rick what's on your mind? Today hey, Morning.
Speaker 13: Dan, Hey i'm hoping you guys can do me a. Favor it's my wife's sixtieth.
Speaker 6: Birthday i've been.
Speaker 13: Listening, Yeah i've been listening to you, forever but she started listening a couple of years ago and absolutely loves you.
Speaker 6: Guys and what's your, Name? Rita.
Speaker 13: Rita i'm hoping you guys can give head an enthusiastic happy birthday.
Speaker 6: For, alrighty here we, go lovely birthday.
Speaker 10: Person be.
Speaker 2: Nice if you told her yourself we have to do thank, You, rick Uh ted and San? Diego Hey, Ted.
Speaker 10: Ted scat him off with that.
Speaker 11: SONG i guess we.
Speaker 6: Do think so a little bit ted.
Speaker 2: Gone all, right let me take a. Break when we come. Back time to Play phil in The blank after.
Speaker 1: This Fox Sports radio has the best sports talk lineup in the. Nation catch all of our shows At Foxsports radio Dot com and within The iHeartRadio app search f S r to listen.
Speaker 14: Live Hey Steve covino And I'm Rich david and Together We're covino And rich On Fox Sports. Radio you could catch us weekdays from five to seven Pm eastern two to Four pacific On Fox Sports radio and of course The iHeartRadio.
Speaker 9: App should you listen To covino And.
Speaker 14: Rich we talk about everything, life, sports, relationships what's going on in the. World we have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop, culture stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to. Discuss and the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work. TOGETHER i mean that says, something.
Speaker 6: Right so check us.
Speaker 14: Out we like to get you involved, too take your phone, calls chop it. Up as they, Say i'd say the most interactive show On Fox Sports, radio maybe the most interactive show on. Planetar be sure to check Out covino And rich live On Fox Sports radio and The iHeartRadio app from five to seven Pm eastern two to Four, pacific and if you miss any of the live, show just Search covino And rich wherever you get your, podcasts and of course on social media That's covino And.
Speaker 2: Rich time to play fill in the. BLANK i read a statement and then we fill in the.
Speaker 6: Blank. Todd The seahawks are blank in g.
Speaker 10: No man's, land In Geno man's land.
Speaker 8: That.
Speaker 6: One.
Speaker 4: Dylan The seahawks are basically The, steelers, Okay.
Speaker 6: Marvin The seahawks are blank.
Speaker 10: Puzzling.
Speaker 9: Paul The seahawks are sneaky.
Speaker 6: Smart M.
Speaker 2: The seahawks are a really well run organization and they will figure this. Out wordy a couple of. Hyphens The browns are Blank, todd.
Speaker 10: Miles from a.
Speaker 6: Title are you proud of that?
Speaker 14: One?
Speaker 2: No, NO i got, IT i got if you have to explain, It, dylan.
Speaker 5: The browns are miles from a.
Speaker 6: Title they're. Bad The browns are. Bad. Marvin The browns are in the.
Speaker 10: Toilet.
Speaker 9: Paul The browns are pushing a bad.
Speaker 6: Hand The browns are.
Speaker 2: Irresponse Sam donald is in blank, Shape.
Speaker 6: Todd i'm going with wait and sea, Shape.
Speaker 5: Dylan Sam donald is in better than two years ago.
Speaker 6: Shape.
Speaker 8: Marvin Sam donald is not as good as his shape as he would have been two weeks before the end of the season, Shape.
Speaker 9: Paul i'm also going better h contingent him going To.
Speaker 6: SEATTLE i don't think that means.
Speaker 2: ANYTHING i don't think that if that's a team that wants to run THE i don't. Know, Uh Sam donald is in decent. Shape The lakers Without lebron Or Blank todd slow.
Speaker 6: Time instead of. Showtime all, right.
Speaker 4: Be proud of that, one, Took. Dylan The lakers Without lebron are still in second.
Speaker 6: Place. Marvin The lakers Without lebron are The.
Speaker 2: Mavericks, No, no If luca got, injured then they would be The mavericks if you Had luca And lebron injured Like ad And, Kyrie.
Speaker 9: Paul The lakers Without lebron are previewing the.
Speaker 2: Future The lakers Without lebron are. Resting wine tasting trips Are Blank, TODD.
Speaker 6: I went with a great. Experience you're proud of that. ONE i really, Am.
Speaker 2: Dylan they're just, Lovely, Dan Marvin, Bougie, Oh. Paul wine tasting trips ARE.
Speaker 9: I also had. Lovely it's a lovely way to spend a.
Speaker 2: DAY i spent a couple of. Days my wife got me a trip and we went out To Los olivos and that's outside Of Santa. Barbara flew Into Santa. Barbara by the, way love a very very, quaint very small and you could get from one end to the other in about sixty seconds, maybe but it was a lovely. Experience And montecito is downtown is sort of out of a movie. SET i thought THAT i might run Into Prince, harry AND i did. NOT i didn't go explore and see if he was there or If oprah was, there but went up to a wine. Country there's this little, town Lost, olevos and there's not much to the town except for there's forty six wine tasting places in the. Town there's a couple of really nice, restaurants and then you have all of this wine tasting AND i think.
Speaker 6: There was a bachelorette.
Speaker 2: Party there was an influx of cowboys one, night and everybody's getting tooled up on wine wine.
Speaker 6: Taste it was, good very. Nice, Yes, Dylan.
Speaker 4: Montecito is like where celebrities In la go once they've reached Like illuminati, level, Right like that's Like, Oprah Prince.
Speaker 5: Harry and then he, SAID I i.
Speaker 2: Don't know who else is In, montecito but very. Nice although you can walk from one end of downtown to the other in about twenty. Minutes but you, know you have, nice nice shops there and restaurants. There you, know beautiful. People their weather was. Great a butterfly. Beach we walked on that FOR i don't, know forty five. Minutes everybody's got a. Dog it was, great nice. Time and Then Santa barbara was very enjoyable as. Well in, FACT i got a gift for, You. MARVIN i got a gift for you In Santa.
Speaker 6: Barbara. Me, yeah do you want me to go get?
Speaker 13: It?
Speaker 6: Please all, right talk amongst. Yourselves.
Speaker 7: See my one question For dan, though was when you're wine, tasting you see in the Movie, SIDEWAYS i have you know they did a little. Taste how many little tastes do you can you get before you have to pay for a big POOR.
Speaker 5: I think they'll keep them. COMING i think you might pay up front and they just leads you.
Speaker 8: Up dan is bringing me. Close i'm going to close my eyes And dan's gonna give me a. Gift and it is a sea. Urchin ooh is a Vintage Chicago bulls nineteen ninety ONE Nba CHAMPIONS t.
Speaker 6: Shirt.
Speaker 10: Nice, oh he KNOWS i lived for the vintage.
Speaker 2: STUFF i went to a vintage shop and they had a bunch OF t shirts and it was extra, large like it fit you fit into the category of WHAT i.
Speaker 6: WAS i saw AND i, go you know, what you would love?
Speaker 10: This thank YOU. DP i, really in all seriousness appreciate.
Speaker 13: This.
Speaker 2: Yeah so that, uh you, know vintage means, expensive just letting you know that's a code.
Speaker 6: Word used to. Be vintage was where you could pick up some.
Speaker 2: BARGAINS i go in there and my wife, goes you, know do you Think marvin would like? That doesn't he WEAR t shirts like? THAT i, said, yeah but huh look at the. Price and then she, goes, well it's, content isn't.
Speaker 6: IT i, go, yeah you're, right it is. Content just there was no broncos or astro.
Speaker 5: Stuff you can just say you had to layover at O'Hair da.
Speaker 2: There it. Was it was a one off For. Marvin there was other different you, know Like METALLICA t. Shirt there was well there was RUN, dmc but, SORRY i wasn't gonna get it free. Time, yeah Now i'm.
Speaker 6: SORRY i.
Speaker 2: Knew my wife, goes, okay you know what they're going to, say why didn't you bring them back AND i, go, YEAH i know, that but there wasn't something THAT i saw WHERE i, go you know?
Speaker 6: What you got to have.
Speaker 2: That if there was a Vintage CUBS t, shirt THEN i probably would have done. That The university Of. Denver then MAYBE i would have done something for, You Dylan todd with the. BRONCOS i would have done.
Speaker 6: Something.
Speaker 10: Maybe did you pick up the RUN dmse thing and consent bring it to the front? Door you didn't even touch the, thing it.
Speaker 6: Was up on the.
Speaker 2: Wall, no they're, expensive but there's there's only one of, Those, Yes.
Speaker 8: Marta, now because you didn't ge him the RUN dmc, shirt it's, TRICKY i know it.
Speaker 10: Is the relationship is tricky because of. That they walked that way right out the door and didn't.
Speaker 2: Buy, okay he was. Ill Uh so wine tasting trips are lovely. Romantic now that's the WORD i would. Use, Romantic, Yes, paul.
Speaker 7: We were talking about the Movie. Sideways when you're wine, tasting how many little pores can you ask for before you have to like buy a glass or buy a.
Speaker 6: BOTTLE i think it's just a little poor that they give.
Speaker 2: You and we went to a place of wine that's Called Dragonet, dragonet wonderful. One but the guy, kept you, know he was, saying, oh, okay, nice and THEN i had to AND i, go you, KNOW i don't. Know and so then he poured me another one AND i was drink AND i, Said i'm still not.
Speaker 6: Sure he, goes do you want me to pour you a full? Glass you? Know AND i, said, yeah why don't you just do?
Speaker 2: That so THEN i ended up, paying BUT i wasn't trying to sponge off of him and get free.
Speaker 6: Wine but, YEAH i.
Speaker 2: Think and the Movie, sideway some of it was filmed up WHERE i, was and they basically Killed merleau up.
Speaker 6: There i've never. HAD i didn't Drink.
Speaker 2: Merlau and then all of a, sudden the character Of Paul giomanni plays is, like you, know he Hated, merlau but this Is pino noir, country Which Santa. Rita if you're familiar with, That vudu would know about. This, yes Tom So paul's.
Speaker 11: QUESTION i was always wondering about.
Speaker 10: That at gelato.
Speaker 11: PLACES i had a woman in front of me at the mall and she was trying like nine different.
Speaker 10: Flavors at some, point you, know how do they, say you, know at some point you.
Speaker 11: Got to kind of pick the flavor and not just test every single one of the.
Speaker 6: Flavors we've, relead but you haven't done that.
Speaker 11: RIGHT i tried two at the, most AND i, SAID i think that's reasonable. Too maybe three of you want to push, it because now you're just trying to have free.
Speaker 10: Dessert at that.
Speaker 2: Point it's when you don't buy something after you've had all the tasty that's what would you? Like i'm, FULL i couldn't have another scoop the.
Speaker 10: COCONUT i tried the.
Speaker 11: GRAPE i tried The.
Speaker 7: YES i saw an interview With Paul, jamadi the. Actor he said he was not a wine guy in any way before the Movie, sideways and when he was reading the Line i'm not having any Stinking, merlou he did not know what it. Meant he didn't know why he was saying. It he asked the, director and, directorsied it just sounds, funny and they didn't know why they were using it.
Speaker 10: Either.
Speaker 2: YEAH i think he killed, merlou you, know because it became like passe or a Faux. Paul if you had, Merlau i'm, LIKE i Never i'll drink cab or drink pino. Noir Uh march is The Blank sports of The, Month.
Speaker 6: Ton Shining, Momentest.
Speaker 2: Okay dylan one of the, Best marvin the, Maddest paul second best sports. Month march Is, YES i would say second best Sports. Mont that's. It we did. It we Played phil in The Blank ted In San. Diego, Hey, ted what's on your?
Speaker 15: MIND i have to tell, you not too often in your, life And i've been around for a, while not as long as you, did get to meet someone of such. Caliber i'm over the past week AND i met SOMEONE i. Admire he adds joy to everyone who hears. Him he's an icon from the. Industry and he was gracious enough to, say hey WHEN i introduced myself to him WHEN i was having some dinner with my wife And Los.
Speaker 2: Palibos, oh, Okay, yeah did you you came up to me AS i came in the?
Speaker 6: Door? Ted is that? Right that's? Right you are that.
Speaker 15: Icon you are the only seriously a man of the people to do what you do for as long as you're having to be so, genuine so. Authentic it's you, know it makes this every TIME i think of. It so thank you for. That you were very gracious just to shake my hand and ask my. Name SO i appreciate.
Speaker 2: That all, Right, well thank You. Ted IF i had Known ted was calling, IN i would have been even nicer to. Him but, uh as soon AS i walked, In ted came over to me said, hello AND i just asked him his, name and. Uh we went sat. Down we had oysters and, caviar AND i had a local beer on. Tap that's pretty. Good they had local oysters and then they had, caviar and THEN, i, UH i had a beer that was from from the area on. Tap good, stuff good, stuff and the wine was wonderful as. Well AND i can't go.
Speaker 10: Wrong.
Speaker 6: Uh ted And Tampa, Hi ted.
Speaker 16: Tradp best Morse Wee candle? Movie you really probably?
Speaker 6: Sorry.
Speaker 2: TED i hate when somebody waits over an hour and then the phone connection is. Bad griffin And, Cincinnati Hi. Griff Thanks roldan.
Speaker 16: More Than dan dan, Etson Dylan. Dan when has procrastination ever led to? Success you, KNOW i Love Duke tobin as a. PERSON i think he's. Great but when you're saying That jamar needs to be the highest paid NON qb in the league and you wait a year to do the, deal and then all these other deals. Happen Miles garrett's up to forty. Million you keep saying you want to bring back. Team why don't you just do? It you know it's not making us happy As bengals. Fans when you re Sign Cody ford to a two year deal and you bring Back Tanner. Hudson you got my, ge that's, great but just get the deal. Done it doesn't make any sense to keep. Waiting so procrastination cannot lead to, Success, dan it never. Does thank you for letting me even, today have a good rest to.
Speaker 6: You thank, You thank. You.
Speaker 2: Griffin, yeah and now you're on the record is saying he's going to be the highest paid non. Quarterback, well the price just went up With Miles. Garrett you know there's certain teams. NOW i said this About arizona With Kyler, MURRAY i would have waited to get one more year to see If i'm going to extend. Him With Dak, PRESCOTT i was, like if you're all in on, him then go all in on.
Speaker 6: Him, instead they.
Speaker 2: Waited NOW i wouldn't have given him a new, contract but that's WHAT i said at the time and still feel that. Way But JERRY i Think jerry looks at this Twofold i'm going to pay all. Overpay i'm going to get all this, attention all this coverage for my. FRANCHISE i think that you, know he's addicted to. That he wants to hear his, name he wants to hear his, team he wants them to be. Discussed he wants to tune INTO espn and see where everybody's chopping. Up The cowboys might be, negative BUT i don't think he. Cares and this will happen With Michael. Parsons you know what the number is going to be, Now it could have been thirty to thirty five. Million now it starts with a.
Speaker 6: Four Jamar.
Speaker 2: Chase as soon As Justin jefferson signed his, deal what did we, say Sign Jamar chase and give him a dollar?
Speaker 6: More that's.
Speaker 2: It and to say you're going to be the highest paid non, quarterback it's only. TEMPORARY i Mean Max crosby was the highest paid non quarterback what five days. Ago that's. Over mike is going to get, Paid jamar is going to get. Paid and the longer you, wait the more expensive it. Is And jerry's going to do this. Again you have no business Paying Dak prescott sixty million.
Speaker 6: Dollars, none you. DON'T i wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Have But Michael, parsons, Yes Jamar, chase, Yes Justin, Jefferson, yes, Yes.
Speaker 8: Marmon And i'm confused because when you draft a, player isn't this what you?
Speaker 10: Want do you want to all pro?
Speaker 8: Player so hopefully you can re sign him and keep building with the franchise they drafted.
Speaker 10: Him maybe it's, me maybe's.
Speaker 2: NO pauli says this all the. Time he says it all the, time and he's, right, like you want your. Player If i'm taking a wide receiver in the top, FIVE i want him to be A hall Of. Famer but then when they are, great exceed their, contract and then you, go they're gonna you're gonna play this out a little. Bit and then you, go it's gonna cost you, more gonna cost you, more going to cost you, more, Yes.
Speaker 9: Paul but then of course there's a caveat to.
Speaker 7: That if you take a running back in the top, ten you pay them a lot of money for their first four or five. Years if they work, out Like Zeke, elliott, did you overpay him for his next five, years which is.
Speaker 2: DANGEROUS i never And i'm on recorder is, saying never would have Extended Zeke.
Speaker 6: Elliott you give me five years at that.
Speaker 2: Position i'm Good christian, McCaffery and there's certain guys who break the mold, there but running, back give me five that's. It and IF i miss, out you, Know AND i was in favor of The giants Drafting Saquon barkley just so everybody's you, know, REMEMBERS i, said, yes he will be an unbelievable security blanket For Eli, manning AND i thought they were going to be a Super bowl caliber.
Speaker 6: Team obviously didn't.
Speaker 2: Happen and then you decide that you're going to Extend Daniel, jones WHICH i, said you're, crazy there's no reason to do. This and then you do. That now you let uh your, run you, know your your star. Goes So saquon goes to The eagles because, well why do you need him because you're not going to be a good. Team and then you saw what he meant to The. Eagles so with the right, organization the right, team the running back makes a whole lot of. Sense christian McCaffrey made a whole lot of. Sense In San, francisco The saints had. That they thought they had that With Alvin. Kamara it didn't work out that. Way if you get that right guy at the right. Price Derreck henry worked out In, baltimore right, place right. Price AND i think that that's the tricky part with the running back is you can have him and get a second. Contract the question is you, know is he the missing piece for? You, yes marvn so in.
Speaker 8: A perfect word for some of these, owners he we want you could be a great, player all, pro winn a Super, bowl went on your rookie.
Speaker 6: Deal, yeah that's it all. Right let me take a.
Speaker 2: Break last call for phone, calls what we, learn what's in store for tomorrow and this day in sports.
Speaker 1: History after, this be sure to catch the live edition Of The Dan Patrick show weekdays at nine Am eastern six Am pacific On Fox Sports radio and The iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: App Steph curry has a new. Job tell you about that coming. Out last call for phone, calls what we, learn what's in store? Tomorrow and college? Basketball are there any bids? Available march? Madness punching your ticket later today or. Tonight The cavs have won fourteen in. Row don't tell anybody what's their record, Now, marvin because they went they started out what fifty and?
Speaker 10: Ten they are right? Now fifty four in.
Speaker 2: Ten how many teams in, history, well maybe too late to find that out have started out fifty four and.
Speaker 8: Ten guarantee it's like twenty Sixteen, warriors ninety Six. Bulls it's going to be a bunch of teams that are, legendary all.
Speaker 2: Right Steph curry has accepted an ASSISTANT gm role for his alma, Mater. Davidson i'm not sure what that means short term or long, term but he is going to be the assistant general manager for basketball programs and this according to the. University and he's the first active player IN us major professional sports to take an administrative role with AN ncaa.
Speaker 6: Team they played At. DAVIDSON i don't.
Speaker 2: They don't really have a job description. There maybe it's just helping. RECRUITING i don't. Know is there nil attached to? This But Steph curry is being hired as the assistant general. Manager do you think he aspires to be the general manager one day Of?
Speaker 6: Davidson?
Speaker 9: Here good years of work and you could apply for a.
Speaker 2: RUNAH i, Mean i'm not going to just give it to. Him he's going to have to prove himself here There tom In. Ohio Hey, tom what's on your mind?
Speaker 6: Today hey dp ay.
Speaker 17: Man i'm just looking to make the argument THAT i wouldn't pay these guys this big. Money if you look around the, league the teams that, win And brady took, Cuts mahomes takes. Cuts all these guys get this big. Money they never seem to take their team to the.
Speaker 6: Championship Yell, tom they don't take.
Speaker 2: Cuts they shift the. Money Tom brady got paid all of his. Money mahomes gets all of his. Money it's just they shift the money of when you're going to get it and how much it can help you with this salary. Cap But tom didn't take. Less he just took less in the moment and then spread it out over the duration of his. Contract they still get. PAID i, Mean Josh, allen this will help The Buffalo bills because he's gonna get paid less this. Year it might be thirty million. Dollars, now it's like a roller coaster Rob it's gonna go, up and it'll go up pretty, steep, steeply and then it'll go back.
Speaker 6: Down this day in sports, History paul.
Speaker 9: Just got a couple of.
Speaker 7: You, oh by the, way THE Nec final today Tonight Dan Saint, Francis Central. Connecticut hopefully you could attend this day and sports history got a cut. Old please Remember Todd, Bertuzzi Vancouver. Canucks he had to help the press conference to apologize for Hitting Steve moore of The avalanche and the side of the head from.
Speaker 9: Behind we did a week on that back in the.
Speaker 7: Day two thousand and, TWO espn aired A season on The, brink the first original motion picture BY, espn and in nineteen forty, one very, soft The Brooklyn dodgers announced their players would begin wearing batting.
Speaker 9: Helmets that says.
Speaker 2: SOFT i think it Was Brian denahey who Played Bob KNIGHT. Yep season on The. BRINK i think that was Our christmas gift at The. Mothership that year they gave us A. Vhs we got A vhs copy of, That, Yes.
Speaker 11: Tom another, YEAR i think we got A vhs of cal Ripton.
Speaker 2: Streak, yes, YEAH i think it might have been just the broadcast of that record breaking game With Chris. Berman maybe we got quite quite a present in our little. Basket, yeah, yeah we. Didn't you didn't get bonuses you didn't get anything back. THEN i didn't get an office UNTIL i was there for ten. Years, Yes, marvin.
Speaker 8: When my mom worked AT espn for eighteen, days she got The Sports century.
Speaker 10: BOOK i have it TO i mean it's a good, one but that's what she. Got.
Speaker 2: Yeah on this date in nineteen sixty, Three Pete rose made his major league. Debut he had a couple of basics in spring training against The Chicago White.
Speaker 6: Sox, okay.
Speaker 2: Let's see Wil chamberlain in nineteen sixty three scored seventy and his team lost one sixty three.
Speaker 6: To one forty. Eight final results of the poll, Question, dylan.
Speaker 4: All, Right, Dan the question was The browns are the worst situation in THE. Nfl true or? False true has about seventy percent of the, vote so people seem to.
Speaker 6: Agree, okay that's a.
Speaker 2: Lot by the, way if you've ever wanted to hear a man talk about his, groin Here's Lebron.
Speaker 6: James look at.
Speaker 3: It they see if it gets, better and then, uh take the proper measurements and see see what we need to do going. FORWARD i don't, know sit down and to grab With, mike and then you figure out what the best case in the best case of playing is, going you, know going?
Speaker 6: Forward all? Right do you have one or two?
Speaker 4: Groins, wow it's two sides of the same groin it IS i think it's.
Speaker 6: One it's one, groin, Yes. Tod and wouldn't it be the proper?
Speaker 10: MEASURES i think he refers to the proper.
Speaker 11: MEASUREMENTS i don't know what's going on with his groin or. What we don't need to know.
Speaker 2: THAT i wasn't listening that. Closely it wasn't a man talking about his. Groin, yes, well.
Speaker 7: According to The Mayo, clinic you have two. Groins they call it the groin, area but there is a left and right Growing.
Speaker 6: Okay, wow good.
Speaker 9: Question.
Speaker 4: Yeah uh do we know if he pulled one groin or both?
Speaker 6: GROINS i THINK i think that's what it. Sounded it's just take it one.
Speaker 9: Gin, yeah good for.
Speaker 2: Him you, know when he's, Healthy, todd it's going to be, growing, growing and.
Speaker 6: Gone. Yeah, See i'm glad.
Speaker 8: He's taking measurements, growing not a, showing.
Speaker 6: A, grower not a. Shower browne should donate as healthy growing to help his, Dad. Todd what did you learn?
Speaker 11: Today make no, Mistake drake is a gritty, gutty scrappy.
Speaker 5: Team Dylan Jamar chase is going to get a billion.
Speaker 6: Dollars not, quite But, marvin you got me a gift and no one.
Speaker 9: Else we have two, groins.
Speaker 2: Our pleasure to serve you For, Fritzie, Dylan Marvin paulie yours. Truly we'll talk to you tomorrow