Speaker 1: Welcome. It is Verdic with Center, Ted Kruz, Ben Ferguson with you. It's nice to have you with us on this Memorial Day. And Senator, we're going to do a special show today. We are going to play an interview that we did recently with Tom Homan which really went viral and if you missed it, it was an important one about border security. But before we get to that, I do want to take a moment and for us to just say thank you to everyone that's ever served this country and to those who have given the ultimate sacrifice, and families that are listening right now, Memorial Day for them is a very somber day.
Speaker 2: Well it is in a Memorial Day.
Speaker 3: We want to take a moment to reflect and think back and say thank you to every soldier, every sailor, every airman, em or marine, every coastguardsman, every guardian who gave their lives for our nation. You know, Memorial Day is a very different holiday from Veterans Day. Veterans Day we say thank you to our active duty military. We say thank you to those who have served, and we should do that today and every other day, but Memorial Days set aside for those who gave the last full measure of demotion, the the ultimate sacrifice, those who stepped forward and gave their lives. And every liberty we have, every breath we breathe as free Americans is because men and women have answered the call. They've answered the call. Going back to the Revolutionary War, to the War of eighteen twelve, going to the Civil War, World War One, World War II, going forward to Korea, to Vietnam, to the War on Terror. We have had service men and women for two hundred and fifty years stepping forward and saying America is worth fighting for, and I'm willing to die for America. And far too many of them have had to give that final sacrifice. And so I want to say I want to give a special shout out to gold Star families. If you're a mom or dad, if you are a wife or husband, if you are a son or daughter of a service man or woman who gave their lives, let me just say thank you, We appreciate you, and let me tell you your loved one is not forgotten. The sacrifice that your loved one is given. We are grateful and we know our freedom is because of that sacrifice. Look Memorial Day is a great time. I hope you spend time with your kids, with your spouse. I hope you play in the backyard. I hope you grill, although I do hope when you grill, you do a better job of grilling burgers than Chuck Schumer does. So do not put the cheese on raw burgers. That that is a sign been to that a messed up New Yorker who's never actually had a barbecue in his life. But for anyone that actually lives on planet Earth, have a great backyard barbecue, play with your kids, swim in the pool.
Speaker 4: Laugh.
Speaker 3: But take a moment and let me encourage you. For all the parents out there, take a moment to talk to your kids and tell them, hey, you may think Memorial Day is the beginning of summer. Maybe school is over, finals are over, now you just get to play, But this is a day.
Speaker 2: There are kids your age.
Speaker 3: Today who are not playing with their dad, who are not hugging their mom because they gave everything for this country and we need to pause and give thanks and just say we love you and we are grateful.
Speaker 1: Aim into that. And I couldn't agree with you more. There's so many people today that it is a tough day. It's a day that they're going to have to they sit and they talk and they remember their family members to get the ultimate sacrifice this country. And the way you said, explain it to your kids and your grandkids, say you know it truly what this day is about. And also enjoy your family. There's no doubt about that, Senator. We also decided on this holiday that there was a really important interview that we had just done recently with Borders Are Tom Homan, and it was one that went viral, and if you missed it, we're going to play that for you today because it was such a important reminder of what is happening right now with our border and security and fighting to protect our kids from fetnyl and the drug trafficking and the human trafficking that's coming into this country. And it was a really it was a really exciting interview that we just did.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Tom Homan is doing a great job and President Trump is doing a great job securing the border, and our families are safer because of it. It was a mandate from this last election. The chaos, the open borders we saw for four years were it was a deliberate political decision by the Democrats and the successes. Look, look I believed, and we talked in this podcast about the successes we were going to have if if we wanted November secure in the border. But I have to say, the magnitude, the speed, the scope of it defies any reasonable expectation. And so this discussion with Tom Homan, many of you listened to it, and yet yet a whole lot of people didn't, And so we thought it was worth putting out a second time because because it's really powerful what's happening at the border, and it's something that the corporate media does not want to report, which is why this podcast is important, because we can get information out that ABC, CBS, NBC, C and NMSNBC will never acknowledge exists. And that's the value of every one of our listeners. So let me say, listen to it, but also share it with your friends, your family, make sure they listen to it as well.
Speaker 1: Absolutely so, without further ado, here is that conversation we have with the borders. Are Tom Homan, and Happy Memorial Day to everyone. God bless all you that serve this country and those that gave the ultimate sacrifice, will remember you today.
Speaker 5: As well.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: Tom Homan is serving as President Trump's Borders are. He is the former acting director of the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement and he has been Borders are since since Trump resumed office as president. His formal title, which I like, is what White House Executive Associate Director of Enforcement and Removal Operations. And to be clear, his job is to secure the border, keep US safe, and remove dangerous illegal aliens.
Speaker 2: He's doing a hell of a job. Tom, Welcome to Verdict.
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: So let's start with just how are we doing. We're four months in, almost five months into the Trump presidency. How are we doing? Tell us what has happened since President Trump became president again?
Speaker 2: On the border?
Speaker 4: Well, President Trump today, I'm talking to today Santa Cruz. We have the most secure border in the history of this nation today and most secure board ever. I mean we even beat Trump forty five. Well, we hand the Biden administration most secure boarder ever ahead of that time. Well, the data is even better now. And let me give you a few numbers, just a few numbers. Under Biden administration, we were dealing with ten eleven thousand, even a few times, fifteen thousand aliens Today yesterday it was two hundred and eleven. We went from thirteen fourteen thousand to two hundred and eleven.
Speaker 2: And that's across the entire southwest border.
Speaker 4: Yes, gotaways under Biden an average gtaway day and under Biden was eighteen hundred plus eighteen hundred plus. What was the gataways yesterday? Thirty nine Wow. And then the most impressive number the first one hundred days on President Trump compared to the first at the same time period last year under Biden. Biden released over one hundred and eighty four thousand illegal animates in this country. The Trump administration one there was nine releases, but for more material witnesses. As you know, we want them to come here to testify in the Cargol trial. So form we want to command. Four came across the border in such bad shape that we had to call an ambulance and take care of the medical and each we had an allowment in decided to do medical treatment. But we had one one discretionary release compared to one hundred and eighty four or a thousand released under the same time period or in Biden. Most Secure Border Historistination INTERI Enforcement Offerings ICE's arrested three times more criminals than Biden did during the same time period. We got more to rest, we got many more to rest. But they're already hitting the ball out of park and we're gonna keep doing it. We need to do more of it. And we're hoping for a budget real soon here so we can step up efforts there. But it's it's game changing. President Trump's been a game changer, and men and women, vice and men women border stood up, tooking on the task and cousinent Trump did in seven weeks, but Joe Biden couldn't or wouldn't do in four years.
Speaker 3: My favorite line from from President Trump's most recent State of the Union address it is when he said, you know, Joe Biden stood here a year ago and said that he couldn't secure the border without new legislation passing Congress. And then Trump said, it turns out we didn't need new legislation, We just needed a new president. And and that's powerfully true. So let me ask just just a simple question for those Look, you're you're an immigr expert, but for someone at home, how did the numbers drop so precipitously, What specifically are y'all doing differently than what Joe Biden Kamala Harris did.
Speaker 4: The biggest thing we've done is a president's executive orders that were a game changer, remain in Mexico a game changer. I have the third sid Country Agreement a game changer, and finally ending catcher release. People know you come to a border, Now you're not being released, and we're just followed the law because, as you know, under federal statue, nailing arrives at our border without proper documentation to enter the languages, you shall be detained. Now maybe not thinking about it, not problem shall And that's exactly why we're doing. Those three things by themselves have been a major game changer, and all three of them were executive orders by President Trump's.
Speaker 1: You mentioned budget a moment ago and how important it is to have the budget for you guys to continue your job.
Speaker 5: Explain for everyone listening.
Speaker 1: Is that referencing the big beautiful bill and what is in there that you need so much to continue to do your job at the border.
Speaker 4: Well, we want to make the border secure permanently, so we need more infrastructure, right, so we need to finish building that wall. Now, let's be clear. Every place they build a border barrier, illegal migrations went down, illegal drug flow went down. But most important, walls save lives. Women and children can't get over that wall, the most vulnerable, so they go to a place so there's not a wall on what's waiting on them the men and women of the borderatral first of all. So the ball saves lives. So we need to finish the border barrier. We need money to finish the technology within the existing border wall, because not only did President buy and stop the construction of the wall, he stopped adding the technology in that smart wall. Technology that let's just know when someone climbs that wall, touch this wall, dig on under that wall. Technology where borbitual agents in the middle of nowhere can get on the radio and use the wall as a repeater to talk to other agents for help. There are some places on the southern border where they lose all communications. So all that technology needs to be done. More technology, get port of entries to make sure no Ventana's coming through. And as far as the entire enforcement, we need beds. Right now, we got about fifty two thousand people in detention. We're funder that thirty four thousand ICE is already in the hole. We need about one hundred thousand beds because everybody we arrest needs a bet. We just don't rest somebody in New York City and put them on a plane leave. We got to detain them for several days or several weeks to get travel doctrins, get flight flight arrangements, flight finances. So we need bets. So we need you know, so this budget, that the depending budget right now, the big beautiful bill, will give us some money for those beds. They're going to give us thousands of more borgage license, thousands more ICE agents. It's going to give ICE a budget to bring in more contracts up. What I mean by that badges and guns shouldn't be sitting at a desk doing reports of processing. They shouldn't be sitting at a desk doing travel documents and all the all the administrative duties that occur within ICE. You can have a contractor sitting there doing that work. Give that badging gun, get them out on the stree to arrest the public safety thrusts and national security threats. So we needed the money. Like I said, we're doing more than Biden did. But Biden wasn't doing anything. We need to do ten times more than buying it too, not three times more. And I'll leave you with this. We got seven hundred thousand illegal aliens in this country with a criminal conviction walking the streets this country. We got it gain and we got to gain it quickly. We got one point four man illegal aliens who do have due process that great taxpayer expense. We're ordered removed by a federal judge and didn't leave and they become fusitives. We got a lot of work to do and we need money to do more. We're doing good, but more money we have, the more we can do well.
Speaker 3: And Ben, I'll say this that that Congress, we will get this Reconciliation bill passed. It's gonna take time, it's gonna be bumpy, but we'll get it done. And when we get it done, we're gonna have funding to build the wall. We're gonna have funding for technology on the wall. We're gonna have funding for more border patrol agents. We're gonna have funding for more ice agents. We're gonna have funding for more detention beds. We're gonna have funding for more fixed wing and rotary wing aircraft. We're gonna have funding for more drones and more infra and technology. We are stepping in now. It's going to take a little bit of time to get the bill across the finish line, but I'm confident we'll do it. And i will say it really underscores something we've said on Verdict many times, which is the most important factor in securing the border. And this is what Tom said just a minute ago. It is a policy decision, and it is a decision what happens when you apprehend an illegal immigrant.
Speaker 2: And if the answer is you put them on a plane and.
Speaker 3: You fly them back home. They all have cell phones. They pick up their phones and they call home and they say, don't come. They're not letting you stay. And the flip side is true if when you apprehend them, you let them go. You say what city do you want to go to? And you put them on a plane, you put them on a bus, and you let them go in every city in America, which is what Joe Biden was doing. Again, they all have phones. They pick up the phone, they call their friends and family, and the numbers skyrocket.
Speaker 2: And so when.
Speaker 3: President Trump left office the first time he had produced the lowest rate of illegal immigration in forty five years. That's what Joe Biden inherited. It immediately skyrocketed to the worst rate of illegal immigration in history. Joe Biden allowed twelve million of the illegal immigrants to come into this country. And regular listeners of Verdict will recall I predicted, I said, we will see the numbers plummet, and it won't take a year. It won't even take six months. It will happen immediately because on day one, catch and release is going to end and we're going to see the numbers plummet. Now all that being said, Tom, let me ask you honestly, I will admit I predicted loudly that the numbers would plummet. I'll confess I didn't think they'd drop over ninety nine percent. Are you I'm surprised at just how massive the success is. Are Are you a little bit surprised or.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not surprised for all the success. I'm surprised how fast that happened. When President Trump, when he called me, asked me to be the borders our, of course I didn't. His day came back and the first meeting he had, he asked me, how long will it take you down the secure the border. I says, sir, I need I need at least one hundred and twenty days. He says, well, they get a ninety. I said, sir, I'll respect one hundred and twenty days, even pushing that. We did this in seven weeks. Seven weeks, numbers already down yep, ninety. And you're exactly right. Everything you said was right. But I want to add one thing. When Joe Biden opened that border up, he's the first president in the history of this nation who came into office and unsecured a border on purpose. This wasn't mismanagement, this wasn't incompetence. He ran on open borders, and that's exactly what he did. You know, So when you tell the whole world enter this country legally, don't worry about it. We're gonna release you anyways. And when you got a secretary of ma orkerst on ice, you can't arrest somebody for being here illegally unless they got a serious criminal conviction. The whole world's going to come. You can cross the border illegally, you get released in twenty four hours. We won't give you a free plane ticket to the city of your choice. We're going to put you in a free hotel room. We're going to give you three meals a day, We're going to give you free medical attention, and guess what, hang out for one hundred and twenty days. We're going to give you a work ass position. The very reason they came hery not because of film, because they wanted a job. So Biden did what he did, I'm purposed, and President Trump came back in seven weeks again seven weeks did what Joe Biden couldn't do or wouldn't do.
Speaker 3: Repeat the numbers you said about how many illegals are in the US right now who have criminal convictions, And to be clear, these are convictions for crimes other than crossing illegally into the country. Every illegal has committed that crime. But how many have convictions for murder, for rape, for other crimes other than crossing the border illegally.
Speaker 4: Just under seven hundred thousand.
Speaker 3: I mean, that is a stunning number. And what you're saying, and I agree with you, is is that Joe Biden deliberately chose We're going to leave murderers here, We're going to leave rapists in America, We're going to leave child molesters in America. We're not going to send ice to arrest them, We're not going to pick them up, We're not going to deport them. That they put partisan politics above protecting American families, about protecting our kids.
Speaker 4: That's why I woke up every four years pissed off every morning. President Trump when he called me, asked me to come back, and he said to me, we've been even vidging about for four years. Want to come back and fix it. And I did because I knew every morning I wake up, and Senator you know this just as well as I do. I knew every morning when I woke up, how many children died acrossing the borders last night, how many women got sexually assaulted, how many people on terrace Roster's got across the border, how many women and children were sex trafficking this country. How many billions of dollars in the cartels make how many Americans died in the last twenty four hours from Fetanah coming across the open border. For four years, I was pissed off. President Trump came back, like I said, in seven weeks, we had a border down ninety percent in seven weeks, So you know, like you said, it was matter of president, the matter of enforce the law. You know, I'll tell you it's in a cruise. And you know, every time I see in the meeting, every time I see you in the meeting, I call you out, I call you off because you've been a tip of the speer on this thing. I appreciate your working us. You're from Texas, you know, and God bless Governor Abbit and Governor Abbitt did he was more of a Secretary of Homeland Security moral we've ever been orherever thought of being, so, God blessed date of Texas. They took the first rail on this and again, I can't thank you enough. Every time I see I call you out, thank you for being the tip of the spear. I see you everywhere wanting the secure border, and you're fighting hard for me, and you're fighting hard for the men and women the border toe you're fighting hard for the men and women of Ice. I love each and every one of those men to put their live line for this country every day, men and women, and I appreciate your fight for them. You've had their six and day one and I love you for it. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Well, Tom, let me thank you for that I appreciate that, and I appreciate your passion and commitment. You were, you're showing up, and you said something that I think is really important for our listeners to understand. You and President Trump right now are quite literally saving lives. You are saving lives. There are Americans, and there are a significant number of Americans who are alive today because a violent criminal did not cross the border, was not released, and didn't murder them. There are women who have not been raped because you've stopped the Biden practice of releasing rapists. There are children, and the number of children who haven't been physically and sexually assaulted by human traffickers it is already I think, well into the thousands. And I want you to think about that. Thousands of little girls, thousands of little boys have not been violently, repeatedly raped by human traffickers.
Speaker 2: Why.
Speaker 3: Because President Trump came in and because you've been the borders are implementing it and secured the border, and those kids are no longer being trafficked. That is a profound legacy in just four or five months.
Speaker 4: And let me go one step further. Of Trump asked me to do three things security border run, the large, largest deportation offers I have ever seen and find these children administration, over half a million children were smuggling in this country, separated from their family, smuggling this country and put in the hands of sponsors, many unvetter sponsors. The last administration lost track of three hundred thousand of them. Those an't trumps committed to finding as many as you can. We've already found over seventy five hundred of them. Wow, someone were firfte, safe with family, Some were perfectly safe, and some weren't. Example, just there for yes, say a fourteen year old little girl already sex traffic was pregnant, living with two men who are trafficking there where they're going to prison, and we're helping that little girl. So we're going to rescue every one of these little girls and make sure that they're safe. Because many of them are going to be okay with family members. They just didn't respond to followings or so forth. But many, I guarantee, I've been doing this for over forty years. Many of them are in sex trafficking, many of them are in forced labor, living a life of hell every day. We're committed to find every one of these little children and making sure they're safe.
Speaker 1: Tom, you mentioned finding them all. Let's talk about sanctuary cities for a second. It's very clear Democrats are not backing off of that.
Speaker 5: How dangerous is the policy?
Speaker 1: And and and who is being harbored in these cities that are refusing to work with you guys?
Speaker 5: Will there be accountability?
Speaker 1: Are they harboring MS thirteen gang members and domestic terrorists, foreign terrorists? Uh, those that are putting the fetnoel out in society. How dangerous are these cities?
Speaker 4: You know, they're the dangerous, the dangerous for everybody because in the sanctuary city means I don't have access to the jail, arrest a bad guy public safety threat in the safety and security of the jail, where the alien safe, the officers safe, on the public safe. When sanctuary cities knowingly released a public safety a threat back in the street, it certainly puts the community at risk. It even puts the alien at risk because anything can happen during the street arrest, and great it puts the officers that great risk because now we've got to arrest a criminal alien public safety threat on his turf, we as access to who knows what weapons. It's very dangerous and natural host sanctuary cities accountable. Fan Bindy has already fought lawsuits against several were we're working with DJ now again. We want we want where's that right? Where's that where's that line? When do you cross that line? You can sit there and watch ICE do your job. Because here's what irritates me the most. I don't care what party you're in. If you're an elected mayor, elect, a city council person, or elected governor, your number one responsibility it's the safety and security of your neighborhoods, your communities. ICE has been clear from the beginning with President Trump, we're going to prioritize public safety threats and national security threats. Why will you not help us make your community safer? There's no downside on that. And the sanctuary city is want to argue what we're a sanctuary city because we want victims and witnesses of crime, if they're illegally United States, to feel comfortable coming to the law enforcement without fear of work with ICE. That is a bunch of crap. Victims and witnesses of crime don't want the bad guy in the neighborhood either. And as far as the illegal alien community. I'll say this, despite being here illegally, many of them are god fearing family people. They don't want a prester in they neighborhood either. They don't want someone convict to duy ten times driving to their neighborhood either. So you know, if you go to the immigrant community and ask one simple question, would you rather have ICE operating in the jail or in your community? What do you think they're going to say. They're gonna say to jail, so sanctuousities will be held accountable. Matter of fact, we're reissuing the ICE detainer. We just changed the new ICE detainer. We're letting them black and white. Let them know this person is a designated terrorist, this person is a designated return felin. We're gonna let them know exactly who do detaining based on biographic and biometric information and see what they do. Are they gonna violate relations and Riley Act, Then we'll go out to prosecution. Now they're going to know at least a terrorist. Then we're going to go out to prosecution. So it's about to get a lot tougher and it's the right thing to do.
Speaker 2: Well, and let me ask you how worried.
Speaker 3: Are you that they're a rist who came across the southern border in the last four years, that are out there and that are planning acts of terror in the United States right now?
Speaker 4: I'm convinced we got over two million known godeways. Why did two million people pay more to get away? They pay the cartels a lot more money to escape apprehension and get to New York's Chicago. Whoever, why didn't they pay less? Why would you pay more to get away because you don't want to be vetted, you don't want a two bing or printed. It's just scared to hell off. Every American scares as hell on me. Somebody's going to be, you know, child traffickers. Some of these are Karen Fatina, and some of these are going to be people from a terrort sponsored country. Under Joe Biden, we wrest over four hundred people on terrass wass's come in the Southwest border. If you don't think a single one of the two man gudaways didn't come from a country sponsoring terror, didn't come here to do us harm, then you're just crazy. As you know it was what was it? Just not a few months ago we arrested eight that were planting a terrorist tack, a Russian type terrorist tack in the United States. Luckily, he tell us, the community call him on some chair and we are able to arrest them. But we're not perfect an intelligence community. It's imperfect. They weren't perfect in Afghanistan. They weren't perfect on a lot of things. So God help us. I think they're here, just intelligent port stander here. We know where some aren't being monitored, but we don't know where others are. So that scares the hell on me.
Speaker 3: Well, and as you know, Chris Ray, the former director of the FBI, every few months would come to Congress and he would do everything but set off an alarm and bang a drum to say, we are at major risk of a terrorist attack from the open borders. Hamas and Hesbelah have declared jahads on America. As you know, the border patrol under Joe Biden was advised beyond on the lookout for Hamas has Bla and Palestinian Islamic Jehad terrorists coming across the southern border. And one of the things, Tommy you said that was really important. Of the twelve million illegal immigrants that came under Joe Biden. Roughly two million of those were god aways. That's by far the most troubling of all those folks. The other ten million are people were apprehended, and apprehended in many instances is the wrong term, because as you know, and I've spent a lot of time down on the southern border, I almost always go out on midnight patrol with the border patrol agents when I'm there. Apprehended doesn't even characterize what they were doing. Most nights, people would cross the border and they'd go look for a border patrol agent and actively turn themselves in because the result would be that Joe Biden would say where do you want to go? And would fly them to wherever they wanted to be. Literally, the Biden administration was the last mile of the human trafficking network. But Tom, what you said is exactly right. Those two million guidaways are much more likely to be violent criminals, much more likely to be murderers or rapists or child molesters, much more likely to be MS thirteen gang members, much more likely to be terrorist. And that's the population that is most worrisome. And speaking of MS thirteen gang members, just when I thought politics could not get weirder. Democrats have decided to go all in, making their central party platform be that we should admit more illegal aliens, and in particular, we want more Venezuelan gang members MS thirteen gang members here, and they decided that Kilmar Abrego Garcia is their poster child for the Democrat Party. Tom, how confident tell us about Brego Garcia? How confident are you that he's a gang member, that he's a criminal.
Speaker 4: I'm very confident, and I've talked to the head of Vice numerous times. People are understanding. So he got no due process, Yes he did. He got due process from two different federal judges who said he's at the United States a citizen al Salvador, and he gave up order of deportation. He had a great two process, a great text. Their expense on top of that manin Ice and they sent those two plane loads of TDA MS thirteen. Hundreds and hundreds of hours were spent on every case. They went to the criminal history, the immigration history, They went to intelligence report, they went to confidential performance statements, they went to wire taps, they went to a bunch of stuff to certify these people were members of TVA and MS thirteen, so they got due process several times. Obrego Garcia's home. He's a citizen Al Salvador. And for those the Democrats said, well, they made a mistake. I still say it was a mistake. It was an over temporary Oversecond, here's the problem he had it withholding order, did not returned to Al Salvador because he feared death from the gang. Two things have changed since that order was given. Number one, he's a designated terror so that with holding order has been set aside. Number two, the gang he feared it no longer exists now Salvador because the great work President Buketi did there. So the circumstances surround that with holding order are no longer valid. And here's what would happened. If somebody was to make this guy return to the United States, he would be detained and removed the next day, if not to Al Salvador, to another country. He's not here, but as President Boukeley said, he is a pre certified national of Al Salvador. He is home. He is home. He is a certified Heminister team member, not just by ice by local police departments. Intelligience Reports, Immigration judges in the country of al Salvador says he's emis thirty team member. He's home is exactly where he should be. This country, his wife, his neighborhood is a lot safer because he's locked up.
Speaker 1: I want to go back to accountability for a second time, and I want to ask you there are a lot of people that believe that there were laws that were broken deliberately in the last administration.
Speaker 5: They knew they were breaking the law. One of those would be.
Speaker 1: Former Homeland Security Secretary. My orc is that you mentioned a moment ago. Should he be criminally prosecuted for his role in the border crisis if it was as deliberate as it now seems.
Speaker 4: Look, I think what he did was borderline trees in this I'm not an attorney, I'm not a prosecutor. But what he did, he did more damage to this country. Him and the Biden administration and what they did to this country. I can tell you when they open that border up sex trafficking women, it showed to increase tenfold of a record number of migrants died making that journey. Over four thousand, or record number of Americans died from Fatanah that come across that open border, and and it's just what he what he calls this country and from a national securities perspective, because here's what his orders were, process quick, release quick. They didn't care about the crisis. They cared about the optics of the crisis. If there's no overcrowding, there's nothing to see here. So border trades were processed as quick as they could, and releases a quick as they could. And there's been several instances where they released so quickly the FBI scan didn't come back and and it came back hot. Actually they already been released. They came back hot. As a known spectatorian, So yeah, what he did was uncomfortable. What he did is my opinion borderline in treason is he should be held accountable because a lot of deaths occurred under his watch. And like, like Sundra Cruz said a few minutes ago, right now, ninety six percent decline and illegal immigration when ninety six percent less people are coming, how many women aren't being raped, how many children aren't dying crossing a border, how many no inspected terarists aren't getting in the country. How many pounds of fatanyl is not getting a country? What are you going to see in the President Trump's administration, vatanyl deaths with decrease, sex trafficking with decrease, smuggling with decrease, and no inspected tarors. They got no open n anymore. Now that we got the board secure, every single Borders religion is on the lying on patrol. During his National Security duty under Joe Biden, it was an average most days, an average seventy percent seven zero seventy percent of agents were no longer on patrol. They were changing diapers, making baby formula, making hospital runs. The last time aren't down there. Before the election, I talked to hundreds of board plays and told me to hang on, hang on, changes coming. I really think President Trump's going to win. But they told me no, we're sick of being tour station. We're sick of being uber drivers. We process and delivered these people, that is the very same people who pay for their smuggling. They couldn't recruit. They couldn't people were quitting. They were quickly for it, even as well for retirement. They couldn't re recruiting numbers. You know, last month Ice I'm excusing Bord Patrol had the highst recruiting numbers and the history of that agency just last month.
Speaker 2: That's fantastic.
Speaker 3: And look, I will say Tom's not exaggerating at all, Like when I would visit with border patrol agents the frustration. Look, the men and women who sign up for the border patrol, they do so because they're patriots. They do so because they love America. They do so because they want to keep our communities and our families and our kids safe, and they want to be out on patrol. Look, these that's what you sign up in the job. And they were sitting there just shuffling paperwork, they were processing and just running a revolving door to try to release as many illegal immigrants.
Speaker 2: As fast as possible.
Speaker 3: That's what may orcs looked viewed as job is accelerate illegal immigration, not stop it, but but make it go more quickly. Let me ask you, Tom, you mentioned fentanyl. What do we know about the numbers of fentanyl traffic over the first four months of the Trump administration.
Speaker 4: There's been a decrease, and I've got from three or four different sources. The percentage of decrease is different from every source. The problem is the CDC doesn't have good metrics on fatanyl but look across the country. You can see the decrease in fatanyl fatanyhls being c's on the southern border. And it's the metrics. And that's maybe something you all work on up there in the Senate. UH, CDC needs a tract is more more more accurately. Like I said, you got you got a number of deaths reported by states. You got a number of deaths reported by CDC. None of them match. So, but we do know there's been a reduction. You don't see you know, three hundred people dying every day from fantolic We did that, did see right? We know we don't have two, you know, nine to elevens a week happening from kid dying from Patanah. So I don't have exact numbers, but we already see the effects of a secure boarder.
Speaker 3: And Tom, let me ask you also. So one of the things we've talked about on this podcast. In twenty eighteen, the Mexican drug cartels made roughly five hundred million dollars from human trafficking. Last year, the drug cartels made over thirteen billion dollars from human trafficking. That's a twenty six hundred percent increase. Do we have any data yet, Do you have any visibility on what has happened to the drug cartel's revenue because one of the worst consequences of what Biden's open border did is is it turned these vicious, murderous, transnational criminal organizations into incredibly wealthy powerhouses and it put huge resources in their pockets. Do do you have any data on what's happened to their revenues?
Speaker 4: Well, one of the first best thing President Trump did was designated terrorist organization because these cartels have killed more Americans. Yeah, every turn is in the world combined. We knew that. That's why there's so mu's buy on some mech show. The last four years cartels were fighting each other for control of the plausas. Why because they're making record amounts of money, smuggling people, record amount of money and trafficking women, children, and a record amount of money moving dope across that border. Now, with the board secure, we're hitting them where it hurts. Smugglings down, both drugs and people trafficking is down, So we're hitting the where it hurts. That's why the latest intelligence force I see they're trying to produce and push more fatanol into Asian European nations because their market here in the United States has been so brutally attacked. I wish what would happen is that Mexico would agree with President Trump to let us help them take the cartels and wipe them off the face of the ears. Because right now they're like the holicical cartel. They're in forty four countries around the globe. They're like a fortune five hundred company. It's going to take the United States to take them on. Mexico's failed for decades to do it, and a lot of mech showing the military, police and government presses are corrupt. I'll say this, a lot of the corruption is force corruption. Because you're a police officer in Mexico. You're making you know, four hundred dollars a month. But a Mexican tartel comes up and i'llsly ten thousand looks the other way, and you're going to take it? Are they going to kill you and your family? I think Mexico will be a much safer and much prosper more prosperous country if they let President Trump help them lepe the cartels off the face of the ear.
Speaker 3: Look that that is absolutely right, And let me underscore that point. A lot of people don't realize, particularly those on the left, that that what what Joe Biden the Democrats did, it wasn't just horribly cruel to the American people. It was horribly cruel to Mexican nationals in Mexico. Turning these vicious criminals into the most powerful economic force in Mexico has increased the murder rate, the crime rate, the kidnapping rate rate. I visited with with a Mexican mayor of a town on the other side of the border. And I'm not going to say which mayor because he told me in confidence because he was afraid, but he said in his town they had had over three thousand disappearances, just people Mexican nationals living in Mexico who just ran a foul of the cartel and they just disappear, and they find mass graves and and the suffering and murder and kidnapping. That that that that has happened in Mexico because of the Democrats political decision I think was cruel and horrible. And and Tom, you're exactly right that that the US military can take out the cartels.
Speaker 2: And we've done it before in Colombia.
Speaker 3: President Eurreibe asked the military to come in and take out the cartels in Colombia, and we came in and did that, and we could do it again, and and I do think it would be much better if the Mexican government invited us in. It would have transformational impact within Mexico.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they say a lot of lives, like say, vexing cartoons have killed foul who's of judges and prosecutors and journalists, Yeah, and citizens. So you know, I wish they I wish they'd joined with President Trump and that would be a game changer, uh, for Mexico and the United Things.
Speaker 3: All right, final question, we saw just this week that that New Jersey Democrat Congresswoman Lamonica mac Ivor was charged for assaulting law enforcement at an ice facility. Uh, tell me tell us how important that is and and what do you think about about the fact that that charges were brought for assault. We saw during the Biden administration repeatedly, Uh, law enforcement, Customs Border patrol ice agents were subject to physical assault and no charges were brought. How important is it that these charges were brought?
Speaker 4: The Sun's a strong menses is very important and also proves I don't bluff, I'd said from the David inauguration. If you want to not support ICE, well, shame mind you. But you have that right. If you want to protest against ICE and to protest against trust policies, that's fine. If you want to watch ICE comm in and clean your city up because you're a sanctuary of city, don't want to help, you can do that too. But ICE had from day one. You can't cross that line. You can't cross the line of impediment. That's a felony. You can't cross the line on noially and harboring concealing the able to go amless mice, that's a felony. You certainly can't commit criminal trespasses at our facilities. And for God's sake, you can't put hands on i ICE officers. And this happened during the same time frame. The same week I went to Blue Mass in Washington, D C. And remembrance of the men and women in law enforce and put their lives on the lines of this country every day. So we spend a week just just just praising these men and women, talking to their families who also paid the ultimate sacrifice. They lost the loved one forever children lost their fathers and mothers, and mothers and fathers lost their sons and daughters in the same week we're supposed to be honor in law enforcement. You got some of the member coundress put their hands in shoving an ice officer, which makes that facility very unsafe. And I'm sick and tired of hearing what we have congression oversight responsibilities. There is a right way and wrong way to do it. You don't force your way in the facility. You don't put hands on an officer. We do oversight all the time. And what are they finding out as people are getting tours in that facility that they have the highest detention standards in the industry, and it puts every every other UH detention center in jail in the state of New Jersey, whether it is a county or state. It puts them to shame because our detention standards are so high. So when you go and calls that kind of practice, where we're trying to maintain a facility with very dangerous people inside, we got to protect not only the criminals, we got to protect the employees and the citizens on the outside. What she did was just horrendous she she put hands on an officer. Like they said for four years, no one's above the law. You're damn right. They're not above the law, even members of Congress. The president is above the law, but these are members of Congress.
Speaker 3: Look amen, And I will say, Tom, I've visited dozens of ICE facilities and CVP facilities. I've never found it difficult to refrain from physical assault on an officer. Somehow, that temptation was never there for me, and in fact for the opposite. It is my job to have their backs. That's a job I take incredibly seriously. And I just want to say, Tom, you were a patriot. You were a great American. We have roughly a million unique listeners who listened to Verdict, and I want to say, on behalf of all of them, and on behalf of thirty one million Texans, thank you for what you are doing. You are keeping my children safer, and Tom, I am grateful you are on that front line for us, and you and President Trump are making a massive difference for the entire country.
Speaker 4: Well, I appreciate that, but I'm not going to take credit. Please give the thank for your listeners. You see a borbous agent. Nice yes, just say thank you, because I cannot believe that we knew they're going to take hate as soon as President something got back in. But say thank you because these men and women, their mothers and fathers too. They don't hang their heart down the hook at home and you go to work. They see a lot of terrible things. They put the life on the line. At three o'clock this morning, when everybody is sleeping, me and Sender is sleeping. At three am this morning, there's borbite lace and standing on a dirt trail someplace going to take something on. They don't know if it's just an illegal alien or heavily armed drug smunker. They're going to take it on in the nearest back of us, miles away. God bless the men and women of borbetow God best and the women the vice, and God bless this great nation. We're taking it.
Speaker 1: Amen, Amen, don't forget. We do this show Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Hit that subscriber auto download button on those in between days. Grab my podcast, the Ben Ferguson Podcasts. I'll keep you updated on the latest breaking news there as well. And then Senator and I will see you back here on Wednesday morning,