Speaker 1: The holidays are here. It's that time of year to think about. Yes, gifts, but not only gifts. It's the guests, the parties, and the true meaning of the season, spending the time with family and friends.
Speaker 2: And The Black Effect is here to assist you and get you locked in for the holiday season.
Speaker 1: We partnering with Amazon to create the Black Effect Holiday Gift Guide.
Speaker 2: A curated list with a few of our favorite picks.
Speaker 1: Now, some of my favorite holiday traditions with my family is honestly just just being with my family.
Speaker 2: Being with the family that I choose to be with.
Speaker 1: Okay, being with my chosen family, my chosen tribe.
Speaker 2: You know, that's what I enjoy the most.
Speaker 1: Especially because you know so much, so many of us are ripping and running all year long, so we finally get the opportunity just to be still around the holiday season and you know, spend that time.
Speaker 2: With each other.
Speaker 1: That's that's everything, you know, family truly is the reason for the season. Amazon Cyber Monday deals are here with deals up to forty percent off. Shop Cyber Monday Deals now on Amazon and visit Amazon dot com Slash Black Effect podcast for my favorite picks.
Speaker 3: Wake that answer, come on Club Morning everybody, it's the j n V. Just hilarious.
Speaker 4: Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast club. If you're just joining us. Charlamagne gave Donkey the day to Drake.
Speaker 2: Yes, why because he being a whole?
Speaker 1: Because he was, because he's sooning. He well, you fied a petition against UMG because he said that UMG has inflated the popularity of not Like Us by you know what did you say?
Speaker 2: Let me get their exact wording. Because he's litigious.
Speaker 1: He claimed the label used his honest tactics to increase the number of listeners for Not Like Us on Spotify and radio stations. He also filed a petition against UMG, alleging defamation and claiming that the label.
Speaker 2: Could have stopped the release of not Like Us, which.
Speaker 1: The rappers said and the document is a song falsely accusing him of being a sex offender. I'm gonna tell you something. This just lets me know, Drake don't understand culture, because Not Like Us was a cultural is a cultural phenomenon, and that's it's very rare air for a song to become what Not Like Us has become. It is a cultural identifier for a whole coast. One day, California is gonna change their state model to not like us.
Speaker 2: Guaranteed.
Speaker 4: We were talking behind the scenes and there's not too many songs that have been like that.
Speaker 3: We need amer you can't touch this.
Speaker 1: I only got two and that I can think of that MC hammer, you can't touch this and tag team whoop that is That were cultural phenomenons that everybody and their mother was singing, their grandmother was singing, and don't even know why the hell a is singing it?
Speaker 2: So not back that ass up.
Speaker 3: A crossover who.
Speaker 1: Swag surfer is a Negro spiritual enough if you buckets the Negro.
Speaker 4: Spirits, right, I'm talking about touch this White people, old ps.
Speaker 3: They were singing that worldwide culture.
Speaker 4: Phenomenon like the only problem with who there? It is like it was always confused with whoop and whoop like it was it was, but it was there.
Speaker 1: It is like you could be on the street corner in America anywhere and somebody gonna have a bootleg not like US T shirt, you know what I'm saying, Like like that, like.
Speaker 2: It's just rare.
Speaker 1: It's very rare air for a song to get in that space. I can't think of too many, like I only I can only really think of three. I'm not talking about how a song being popular or being a hit record. I'm talking about a culture. Presidential candidates this year both of them were using not like us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, both both campaigns were us not jump around? No?
Speaker 3: No, how was a page jump around that everybody does that?
Speaker 1: I love that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: All right, well let's go to the phone line five A five one five one. Let's talk with you first. What do you what do you think about the lawsuit?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 5: I understand when it comes to like the part when you was just like yo, y'all, let y'all. Let basically him call me a pedophile and I lost money behind that. The only reason why I say I understand that because yeah, this is like, yeah, like that you call me that, people gonna run with that. I'm gonna lose sponsors, I'm gonna lose endorsements. I'm gonna lose like, I'm gonna lose a lot of money behind that. Yeah, he did the same thing. But to be honest, y'all, pedophile, that's like that's you don't want to be.
Speaker 2: That's something you don't ever want to recalled. No, but you don't want to be.
Speaker 1: You don't want to say, hey, this man beat his wife, and you don't want to say, hey, this man's wife. If we beat with your child, your child is my best friend's baby.
Speaker 5: I get that too, but that does not hold anything to yo you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what kids.
Speaker 4: But if you bring a knife to a fight and then I bring a gun, you can't be mad that I brought a gun.
Speaker 2: If you go to.
Speaker 3: Knife, what I'm saying, I got you.
Speaker 1: I feel you.
Speaker 5: It's just I just out ranks all of that.
Speaker 3: For me.
Speaker 2: I just going to hell.
Speaker 1: I watched the video this week. I forgot who you was going at. Just it's really slipping my mind.
Speaker 2: And that's old. Though I caught somebody pedophile. No, nobody came at you and you went crazy.
Speaker 5: I guess was it Corey Hogem, No, woman, Wendy, no.
Speaker 3: Jesus Christ?
Speaker 2: Who was I can't remember what it was? It was somebody I can't remember now.
Speaker 4: The problem the lawsuit, I just I don't think Drake read the room when it came to the lawsuit.
Speaker 3: Right, he was in rap battle and you loss. You gotta take that L.
Speaker 2: He doesn't understand culture.
Speaker 3: You just got to take that L and yeah, I get it.
Speaker 4: You said that he called you all these names and the label supported it, but you also threw shots at that man that wasn't true too, So it's like, how do you live off off of that? Sometimes you got to take that l Now what I think is the album that was supposed to come out with Party. I don't think he should do that album. That album should't come out next. Drake shouldn't come out and everything that he feels he should put in his music. That's why I think people like Kendrick so much. And then like this album, like the heart part tics he's talking about that come up.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a heart feeling song.
Speaker 1: Say yo, man, write me a record because I feel like a whole right now. I got my ass beat, you know what I'm saying. I feel like lyrically, mentally, spiritually, emotionally, I just got my ass kicked.
Speaker 2: Write me a record about being a whole.
Speaker 3: But that's real though.
Speaker 5: That would be better than the lawsuit though. If he did that, that would be better because then that's you're still doing what you you do. You're doing music.
Speaker 3: I'm a whole, I'm a whole or whatever. Like you you're not.
Speaker 4: Christ, but he could write his own recordint He ain't gotta get a ghostright, like it's crazy.
Speaker 3: Record? Like, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: He don't use ghost writers?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that he can't write, but he's never used goes riding.
Speaker 3: I don't think you say you know what I'm not. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 6: Hey? Crystal?
Speaker 7: Good morning?
Speaker 3: Hey, Crystal, good morning? What do you feel about the lawsuit?
Speaker 6: That's all go chief?
Speaker 7: What was Ke supposed to do? He should have did it a long time ago when he caught him a pedophil.
Speaker 8: And my thing is, you know.
Speaker 1: What Drake was supposed to do. He was supposed to rap what he was supposed to rap, and he didn't. He didn't have to tap out with the hard part six. That's what we're missing here. Drake gave up.
Speaker 8: But my thing is Drich is winning.
Speaker 6: He still goes see you in.
Speaker 7: But my thing is, why don't kids you have a hit without mixing?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 8: That's the time.
Speaker 2: You're a liar And I don't know why I'm done.
Speaker 8: I'm telling the truth.
Speaker 1: You're a liar, and I don't know why people say that.
Speaker 8: Nobody get in the car, don't nobody in the car be like, put on that kid trick. That's it justice with Drake on it.
Speaker 1: I've been doing it for She can't say it's crazy that it's crazy that people say that. When Kendrick Lamar just came off a worldwide tour for his Mister Morale and the Big Step of tour and it was the highest roasting tour for a solo rapper ever, why.
Speaker 2: Like it made over one hundred million.
Speaker 1: Like while we talk, why why are we having this conversation Like he's not a worldwide international superstar another cultural phenomenon said, just told us about who Let.
Speaker 2: The Dogs Out?
Speaker 1: That's what level not like us is on who let the Dogs Out?
Speaker 2: You can't touch this whoop? Dad is like, it's one of them.
Speaker 3: That's drere five eight five one five one.
Speaker 4: What's your thoughts on this Drake Lawsuit's the breakfast Club movie?
Speaker 3: Moarning everybody at the j n V just hilarious.
Speaker 4: Charlamagne the guy, we are the breakfast club if he's just joining us. Charlemagne gave Drake Donkey of the day. That's because of the lawsuit he has versus UMG and Spotify.
Speaker 3: So we're asking.
Speaker 2: What the petition he filed.
Speaker 3: He filed Hello, who's this.
Speaker 9: Uncle Evan, Uncle Charla or just Brownsville.
Speaker 8: I wanted I wanted to let y'all know, like Drake is being a sore loser, and it's due to the fact that it's like an equivalent to like a boxer getting knocked out for the first time. He don't know how to handle it, you know what I'm saying. But the thing is, Drake been running the music industry for ten plus years, fifteen plus years. He likes it shouldn't even matter, you know what I'm saying. The battles, that's not his fault. That's not his like his his major you know, his forefront, it's not his. You know what I'm saying. That's not the thing he do. He's like a single rapper type of type of person.
Speaker 1: What I'm realizing is Drake really can't take a hit, because exactly we saw him with Meek Mill right, and he delivered such a knockout blow to Meat that we.
Speaker 2: Was like, damn right, don't run up on Drake.
Speaker 3: Then push your t ran pushr T.
Speaker 2: Push your t made his eyes water. He quit bumping immediately. Boom.
Speaker 1: But that one hit is like, I don't want no problem. He quit same thing, yeah quick.
Speaker 2: He tried to go back and forth and look he fought, but he got his ass whip.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this bomb? Don't what's up? Bumb talk to us? What's your thoughts out that?
Speaker 2: Bam?
Speaker 9: Not bum bam?
Speaker 3: I said bam or did I say bo? He's definitely called him a bum on my bum my bad bump mean bam? What's up? Man?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 9: Hey, hey, look teller man got RB this stout man because he can't think straight. You said, look what I'm saying, man, I feel like man Drake need to stop living in the glass house and throwing stones so they hide in his hand.
Speaker 2: That's right, because how.
Speaker 6: You gonna make back to back and charge up against mc mill?
Speaker 9: You know the numbers went up on those and then but you see that not like us going up now you want to take action? That's kind of you know, lighte care activity.
Speaker 1: You feel me light skintivity, Thank you, sir as Little du Wall says, hello, who's this.
Speaker 2: Yo? If you know the vibes is mellow mellow.
Speaker 9: Yo?
Speaker 2: What's the word?
Speaker 8: How you doing?
Speaker 6: That's how you feeling?
Speaker 2: A baby? What's that baby, I'm good what.
Speaker 6: I tell you about who all right? You ever, we're not friends right now. You look, we're not friends right now because I know you don't like Drake. You use every reason to hate on him. But I'm not gonna hold you. At the last light Skin meeting, we decided to were sticking together, and I'm not gonna hold you. I want a too, Kendrick, just for the secondhand ambassment that I caught. I want to sue him because Drake is seventy five percent of my Getting My Girl out of Her Mad Mood playlist and I haven't been able to play that recently because the second handed bassment I get from playing Drakes. So I feel like I'm entitled to a compensation as well. Good job, Aubrey, very good job, very good job.
Speaker 2: Just the money, right, y'all? Gonna do a class action lawsuit against Compton?
Speaker 6: Huh yeah nah, not again, not against Pompton. For me, compting is very huge for me.
Speaker 7: I don't want to smoke with all of them, you.
Speaker 6: Know what I mean. But I just want to smoke with UMG and Spotify. I'm not gonna hold you. I make music too. They ain't do that thing.
Speaker 7: My mix tape.
Speaker 6: My mixtape was fire.
Speaker 3: And Hello, Hello, Hey, what's up? What's your doing?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 6: Joe?
Speaker 7: I just want a different shout out for uh just bird having a baby and coming back to work when you miss you.
Speaker 8: Let's treat this to it, yo, this whole.
Speaker 2: Hello doing?
Speaker 7: Umg? Not doing?
Speaker 8: Secondly, Yo, Charla Magne, what's your feet for?
Speaker 2: Drink?
Speaker 8: You don't like the high white brothers?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 6: Yo?
Speaker 9: You was?
Speaker 8: You was big on Camara.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: Like, Hey, you want to hold Drake's and shake it?
Speaker 3: Speaking of holding Drakes, gotta relax. We have over.
Speaker 2: Eli looks so sad.
Speaker 3: I know, take it easy for the last.
Speaker 2: You don't even got on over your gear today? No, I got nothing.
Speaker 3: He can't even believe he had on over Yo.
Speaker 2: Get what box you shought you got on it?
Speaker 3: Better say over yo.
Speaker 2: It bro, that's just gay. If you want to see it like you ain't seen him in a week? Got what the hell? Better? Better?
Speaker 3: Everything over? But you ain't got nothing on your damn.
Speaker 2: Eli is a Drake stand he was? How do you feel still? How do you feel? I feel? Finn? Drake and part next door on the way and the tour. Yeah, Australia. Drake just announced the tour in Australia. How do you feel like this whole activities are.
Speaker 3: Nah, yes, nobody stand next to Yes.
Speaker 2: They don't like us. They don't like us.
Speaker 3: Wow, wow, all right, all right. It's just still saying.
Speaker 2: Like, listen, I'm telling you what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 1: I'mna I want somebody to recreate the Views album cover, right, but instead of the seeing Tower, it's a penis in every Drake d rider you can think of. Just have him sitting on top of it. Okay, we don't call the Views from the Dick. That's what it's gonna be called.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 7: What up done to your boy?
Speaker 2: C J?
Speaker 3: Where you call him from?
Speaker 4: I'm calling what what's your thoughts on Drake and the lawsuit?
Speaker 7: Drake? Drake? Bring in light skin out of it right now. We're not saying that song is like Ether or hit him up, but it's kinchy and you know what I mean. So Drake just needs to calm down with the bs. You know what I mean. It's a hot song, so let it go. We were listening to the beasts. We don't care about what they're saying. We just want to know if it's hitting on the big Hold on what song?
Speaker 2: You says it's not like Ether hit him up? We mean not like us.
Speaker 7: It's not it's not a it's not a beast song. But this song like hit him up or not like us? I mean not like I mean Ether. It's just a hot song in the world caught on to it, you know, that's all.
Speaker 2: It was not like Us. It's the greatest record of all time.
Speaker 7: Bro, No, it's not it is. It's not the greatest song.
Speaker 2: It's the greatest, this song of all time.
Speaker 3: What's the the story?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: They're not like us?
Speaker 3: They not like us.
Speaker 2: That's a moral drake. Just don't understand culture, that's all.
Speaker 1: And there was nothing Listen, man, there was nothing fabricated about not Like Us. It's just a rare a cultural phenomenon.
Speaker 2: And what happens.
Speaker 4: I will have to say one thing, Not Like Us is the best disc record ever.
Speaker 3: So you don't think so.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say ever, because.
Speaker 3: I don't think any record recently.
Speaker 5: Well, when he first dropped it and y'all was doing all let's talk about the beefs. Back in the day, my dad had me listen to like, I never listened to ether, I never listened to hocking, big Eagle, back and forth.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 5: But them back in the day, they was trying to kill each other. So that was that was that was wrapped though too. And I'm like, damn, they cut deeper than not like Us or any of them.
Speaker 2: The battle between drink and not like Us.
Speaker 1: It's lyrically vicious, man terrified, boys, urtrified. It just sounds funny, so you don't really think of what he's saying. That last birth, Once upon a time all of us was in change. Homiees still double down calling us and play he man. He ruined Drake's life.
Speaker 4: Whatever number one was that the number two I always say hit him up, just just the first line that hit him up was.
Speaker 3: Just like Jesus Christ. That was like the just Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: And it's the biggest not like us. It was the number one record in the country. It's gonna win a Grammy. Yeah, it's the biggest and to me, the best, this record of all time.
Speaker 5: It just is you got kids singing, even the part of the part of the singing part, Yeah, the kids, I mean, are you my friend, like like my mom, dy kid kids be singing that like to each other.
Speaker 2: So it's gonna be on kids.
Speaker 3: You're right here, not like.
Speaker 2: We were.
Speaker 4: We were at sugar factory this weekend and the guy was like, yo, what so you want to hear my daughter?
Speaker 3: So said, Now they twelve eleven, not like us, and they don't know the words. All they know is what they just know, not like us. That's it.
Speaker 5: He got to re write that whole song for kids, Bob. There's so many kids, Bob, but not like us. No, that whole song gotta be written, rewritten.
Speaker 2: Good, certified love a boys, certified play with child's.
Speaker 3: Something like that, because still that's how child is crazy something.
Speaker 2: They're gonna flip it alright.
Speaker 3: Wake that it's up Earth in the morning.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club
Speaker 7: M hm