Speaker 1: You're listening to The Buck Sexton Show podcast, make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody, Welcome to this episode of The Buck Sexton Show. Very pleased, very fortunate to be joined by our friend Michael Berry, the czar of Talk syndicated radio host Houstonian, Texan American. Mister Michael Berry. Honored to have you on, sir, Honored to.
Speaker 1: Be with the zo you friend, Glad to be with you.
Speaker 2: How's America doing right now? Let's start with that. Let's just have Mike. I want Michael Berry and tell me what is going on these days in America.
Speaker 1: America is in a good spot when Buck Sexton can fight Mark Zuckerberg and win and the whole nation has to watch it. I'm very concerned. I didn't get to hear it, but it has been reported to be by listeners that Clay says that you can't beat Mark Zuckerberg. I mean, I gonna tell you it's seat weigh in.
Speaker 2: This is this is a filthy this is a filthy lie. Okay. I I am stronger than I look, faster than I seem, and more trained than people would realize Zuckerberg would.
Speaker 1: Have you shot hair. You got a lot of hair, a lot. Don't underestimate the helmet right.
Speaker 2: Well, it protects. I mean, this is the thing people understand. Like someone comes at me, I dropped the head down. I could take shots right to the cranium. I won't even feel them. I'll be like Bbie's bumping off of a freight trade, not going to do anything.
Speaker 1: And here's what most people don't know. Because I know your dad and we tend to get our fighting spirit from our dad. I'm pretty sure that Mason is a fighter and a scrapper, just based on what I know of him. We tend to inherit that right. Our dad's raise us. So I'm going with you. I don't think Zuckerberg, you.
Speaker 2: Have to fight, and I appreciate. I appreciate that. You know, first of all, Zuckerberg, he's about five eight, so I got about four inches on him. And and that's.
Speaker 1: Kind of a lizard man. You know that woman on the plane that got off the plane and she said he's not real. There's one version where he's kind of scripted into there. That guy's not real. There's something wrong there. It's worse than just his actions and his evil deeds. I think he's a lizard man or something.
Speaker 2: That woman has become a super mean as I'm sure you've seen online.
Speaker 1: She's kind of sexy. You gotta miss she's kind of sexy. Date crazy women, I always think, man, you know, the freaking the sheets kind of Yeah, but you got to deal with that, like that's gonna make somebody an awful ex wife. I've been with my wife for thirty four years, and I can't imagine having somebody like that in your life. And then when you cut it off, there's a lot of crazy going on there. I'd like to learn more of them. I'd like to know more to that crazy. There's something there.
Speaker 2: We didn't ever find out, meaning the general public did never find out who she was, right for, anyone hasn't seen this is the woman who points and she's screaming about how someone's not on the plane. And it went very, very viral, and it's a remarkable moment.
Speaker 1: And it's a remarkable moment you asked a serious question, where are we in America? It's a remarkable moment where there's a lack of honesty, there's a lack of discussion. There's a lack of comfort and trust in the public conversation. Buck, I'm sure you get an email a lot that I get, which is thank you for doing what you're doing, because you say what I can't, and I got to tell you I grew up. Maybe he's overly idealistic. I know a lot about you, and I know you're an idealistic believer in America's promise and our principle and the idea that most Americans, particularly conservative Americans, middle Americans, feel like if they were to state their honest opinions, they would lose their job, They would be socially ostracized, They may be arrested, they would be humiliated, heckled, boycotted. This is not the America I dream of. This is not the America I believed in. And that bothers me more than a Joe Biden cover up, more than a Hunter Biden. Those are all symptoms of a bigger problem, in my.
Speaker 2: Opinion, Michael, is America still a free country?
Speaker 1: Well, you know that's a fair question. No. I think if you were to come up with a freedom index, the answer would be no. And I'm not a person who likes to bash my country. You know, my wife being from India originally coming here in nineteen eighty nine, she loves this country. But she always laughs that if Americans create a sport and we have a competition and it's only between Texas and Florida, we declare the winner the world champion. So you know, I'm a person that believes America is the best in everything. It does not delight me to say we're not a free nation. It pains me, but I see a level of tyrannical authoritarianism in his country, not just related to COVID, But perhaps that was the best example. You've asked a tough question, and I think answer requires some tough answers, and that troubles me. That bothers me.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think that if you look just back at what a lot of places had to suffer through during during COVID, we were clearly there was a period of time in which the answer to the question is America a free country was obviously no right. If they can tell you you can't open your bar, you can't go into your place of business, you can't go to your church. So we did, for a period of time cease to be a free country in any meaningful sense.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: There are a lot of places around the world your point about freedom index, where if even a fraction of what was done during COVID was being done, you have to stay in your home, you have to limit the number of people you have over We'd say that's an autocracy, that's authoritarianism. There's something deeply wrong. But I also am a little bit disappointed, not only about how many people went along with it, but now that we know how wrong it was, how few people seem to carry me. Michael, I feel like more and more people want to be controlled. Not all of us, but a lot of us.
Speaker 1: Yes, there is a security to handing over the parental authority of your life to someone else, to crawling into a fetal position and an all carrying, benevolent, supposedly benevolent government making decisions for you, to trusting them to decide what I put into my body, what time I go to bed. And as you know, many people are escapists and they don't the weight of the world of making these tough decisions is simply too much for them, and that's unfortunate. But any government to which you hand over the power to make decisions to do supposedly good things to you can do bad things to you, and as a student of history, you as much or more than anyone else, understand the dangers of that. And that's what's scary is when people don't understand why we need this level of independent thought and action, because it's not all comfort and blankets from the government.
Speaker 2: What do you make of all the back and forth over recently it's been politicization of the FBI. I mean, I think we could take for granted here, we can take for a settled part of this. Yeah, the FBI is politicized. There's been very bad stuff that's happened, that's clear. But I do feel like a little bit on the right we've become addicted to, well, we're going to have some good Republican congressmen. They're going to have a hearing and they're going to pound the table and they're going to ask some questions, and we're going to talk about it on our shows, and it's going to be on cable news at night, and then what do you know what I mean, I do think there's a little bit of a what is this all supposed to accomplish?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's frustrating because you know, you and I are supposed to just be Look, let's let's lay the cards on the table. Talk right. I was doing better than it's ever done. It's making more money than it's ever made. Conservative media, our careers are booming. That does not delight me, you know, it does not make me. I'm not pfeiser. I don't want a nation, you know, under the throes of an epidemic. I want what's good for my country. I still believe those naive ideas that I believed in. You still believe those naive ideas that led you to want to serve the country and the CIA. I still believe. You know, my brother was a was a just over thirty year police officer. So I've always believed in the law enforcement officer and the mantra and the creed and the motto and the service and the selflessness and the sheep dog. And I always, you know, I loved the stories of the FBI catching the bad guys. And I see what's happening with this incredibly, and the FBI is more powerful it's ever been before. It's not just a guy with shoe leather and a gun and a badge who can go out and arrest somebody. It's a guy now and you know what your CIA background. It's guys with technology. It's guys with the ability to shut down your life, to do things that we've never had the capability to do before. It's all powerful, and I truly do believe that. At the top ranks, I think they're still good, good FBI agents. But at the top ranks, it's people that have crossed over to the dark side, and I'm not sure they have a limitation on what they're willing to do, and it scares me.
Speaker 2: I want to come back here in a second and ask Michael to answer the question, what are you seeing right now in the Republican primary that is most noteworthy to you. But we'll get to that in a second. Michael, Let's talk for a second here about the Tunnel, the Towers Foundation. Tunnel the Towers delivers on its promise to do good and never forget the sacrifices America's greatest heroes have made for US. Heroes like Marine Corps Corporal Seth Rasmussen. Seth was one of five Marines killed in a training accident when his Osprey aircraft crashed in California. He was just twenty one years old. Seth has survived by his wife, high school sweetheart Avery and their infant son. Donal To the Towers reached out to Avery within days of Seth's death tell her she would receive a mortgage free home. Avery didn't have to worry about where she and her son were going to live or how she would pay for it. Because of the financial security and support provided by Tunnel to Towers. THNALT the Towers has helped over one thousand military and first responder families navigate the worst of times by removing the burden of a mortgage payment. Support our nation's heroes and their families. Donate eleven dollars a month. Please to Tunnel the Towers. Go to T two t dot org. That's t the number two T dot org. Okay, so we are early here in the primary process. Now it's not really a Democrat primary that I'll probably ask you about that too, an RFK junior here in a second, Michael, but what are you seeing on the Republican side? What's surprising you, what's important to you? What do you think would need to change U?
Speaker 1: So I think what is surprising is in full disclosure, I have not endorsed a candidate, and I don't intend to anytime soon, so that I can be free to comment on the candidates. What has surprised me a couple of things. So when Trump was first indicted in New York, he has seen a meteoric, stratospheric rise in his popularity among Republican primary voters. And you know, I would have guessed you never know. I mean, it's easy to say that what's happened. Everyone says that that's what they believed, but then you go back and look and say, well, that's not what you said. So one thing I would say is Trump's popularity has increased so dramatically since that first indictment, and it's continued since then. I don't think Trump himself changed, It is just that the voter really really fell back in love with Trump. I think that's been an interesting phenomenon. Second was I think DeSantis had an opportunity and a lot of hope. I had not watched DeSantis that closely, but I don't think he has lived up to that promise so far. Now, I've been around this process a very long time, and I know you have as an officeholder, as a candidate running campaigns and commenting on campaigns for a very long time. And we're a long way away from January just yet, and we're going to have some ups and downs and swings and all that. And DeSantis still has an opportunity to win at all. But I see a lot of missteps on his part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's get into that. What if you were advising him and you haven't endorsed. I haven't endorsed, and I have a rule that I won't endorse during a primary. But the same basic idea you have, mikel which is I want to be able to talk about what Trump is doing right, what I think Trump should should do differently, what Vivek is doing right, you know, et cetera, all the way down. DeSantis hasn't connected the way that at this point, as reflected the polls people thought he would.
Speaker 3: Why I think DeSantis is Trump is in DeSantis's head, and I think he's too focused on Trump, and that is where Trump is so good.
Speaker 1: Trump is you know, great basketball players, when when the ref isn't watching the pull at your jersey right, they'll, they'll, they'll. Larry Bird was a smack talker. People don't realize to what extent they play head games, and Trump is a master of that. I mean, it's it's hard to estimate for the average person how this guy taunts you and how he does the things he does, the nicknames and those sorts of things, and it gets into guy's head. And I honestly think that DeSantis's problem is he's never introduced himself as Ron DeSantis. He's introduced himself in a way that he's almost responding to Trump and and and part of the problem is the media and and people only want to talk about Trump because love him or hate him. There's a lot of drama there. And I think that that makes it hard for the same and he's having trouble finding his lane, and he's going to have to find that if he's ever going to get any traction, And thus far, I don't think he's done that.
Speaker 2: What do you think about Glenn Youngkin in the mix here in some capacity? Do you think he might get in the governor Virginia or you think he's gonna wait it out? What do you see?
Speaker 1: I just don't see it making a bit of difference. You know, we all rooted for Glenn Younkin because he wasn't Terry mccaulliffe. I don't see him as as presidential timber in twenty eight or anytime else. I just don't see him as a guy with the gravitas. And you know, you got to have an organization, right, You've got to be able to raise money, you got to be able to travel, you have to be able to have surrogates. I was big for Ted Cruz in twenty sixteen. I introduced him in Iowa the night before the big win. People forget Cruise won Iowa. I hated Trump, I despised Trump. I grew to appreciate him as president, and I grew to appreciate his skill set. But at that point I didn't believe he was serious. I thought he was a fraud. I thought he might be a trojan horse for the left. I was very concerned with that. But I grew to appreciate a guy that didn't raise money, didn't have the surrogate team, but his mastery of mass media is unparalleled. And then there's no number two. The guy didn't need to spend money, he got mass media. I just see Younkin as a guy kind of like Asa Hutchison or Chris Christy or whatever. Else. It's not that people like him or they just don't care. Interesting.
Speaker 2: Interesting, he's somebody who feels like he's poked around a little bit in a viveg is doing better than a lot of people would have anticipated. At latest Paul I saw he was in third at eight percent. Eight percent's way behind Trump at fifty something and DeSantis at twenty something. But still there's there's a lot of time. As you noted, I want to ask you about the Democrat side.
Speaker 1: I will say this, I think that I think that I have to declared Vivek Ramaswamy as the winner of twenty twenty four already. You don't need to cast the votes. You don't need to count the votes. Vivek doesn't get more votes than anybody else necessarily, But Vivek has gone from a guy with a lot of money and a lot of great ideas and a lot of energy with nothing to lose, who is now being quoted and engaged. He is now having some level of influence all over the country. He's having a blast. When's the last time you saw Canada have fun. He's having a blast. People are listening to him. His ideas are being bantered, even if you disagree with them, he's coming off great. He probably ends up a cabinet official, and whoever wins Desantees or Trump, he probably ends up a cabinet official in their in their White House. Otherwise he gets a national TV show. I mean, that guy is having a blast, and he's already won. He's come so far. Unless there's a massive scandal, and I don't see it, that guy's the biggest winner of twenty twenty four already.
Speaker 2: He's done very well for himself, for sure. I want to ask you about the Democrats side, Michael in just a second, because there's been some really interesting movement and even more interesting theories about what's going to happen. We'll get to that in just a moment, but look, there'll be a day in your life if it hasn't happened already. They come to appreciate owning gold. I'm talking about real gold, Michael. Do you own some gold?
Speaker 1: I do own some gold.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I own gold. I think it's a good idea. Gold is good, it's solid, and it's something that is about long term value and preparation for an uncertain future. You know who you should get your gold from, the Oxford Gold Group their teammates it simple to understand and to purchase and have gold delivered directly to your home. The value instability of gold as both an investment and a hedge against inflation has been proven throughout history. Gold and silver can be protection for your portfolio. Call the Oxford Gold Group today to I use a two I trust eight three three four three zero buck. That's eight three three four three zero b uc k. Like I said, easy discrete delivery right to your home. Eight three three four three zero buck. Okay. Is Joe Biden going to be the Democrat nominee? Let's start with that one.
Speaker 1: I never wanted to predict because you just end up wrong. If I were to say today, I still think if you're placing odds, I still think the odds are in his favor. Now, the problem with the Democrats is they don't have a stalking horse in waiting. They don't have a replacement in waiting. And I think there's a real challenge for the Susan Rices and the people who are running the country and using Joe Biden to do that. You've got to wound Biden to get him to step down. You've got to scare him that, look, Hunter's going to go to prison. You've got to step down so we can save Hunter. And that might be enough for him to do it, but you also don't want to wound him so badly that if he doesn't step down, because they still believe he's enough to allow him to allow them to beat Trump. So I think that the odds are still better for Joe Biden, if he's still alive, that he's the nominee than anyone else. I don't think RFK ever gets there. I think Newsom is probably the candidate. But look, we would have thought Diane Feinstein would be out of the Senate by now because Adam Schiff was shiving her in the back, but you know they hang around. Or who would have thought Fetterman would be the candidate. I think the machinations behind the scenes as to the utility of a guy like Biden are greater than the average person quite understands, particularly when there's no one in waiting that's the obvious choice. And I think in the polling shows, Kamala Harris is even more unpopular than Joe Biden, So you know that gets interesting. Look, Republicans have a real challenge with the Trump issue versus DeSantis. I think Democrats have a real challenge with the Biden issue and a lack of replacement. And the difference is the supposed republic problem. A lot of Republicans loved Trump, No Democrats love Biden.
Speaker 2: What do you think is the biggest if you had to focus in on one aspect of who we've seen Joe Biden to be at this point, what is it for you, like, what is the center of his core of his character?
Speaker 1: You know, this would probably surprise some people to say, but Joe Biden in the eighties was a man of some conviction, and he was a man who acted on those convictions. He was a relatively conservative Democrat who was law and order. And that was all about Joe Biden. It was law and order, and he was kind of a middle of the road guy. Somewhere along the way when he loses in eighty eight because of all his plagiarism, which comes out when he loses in two thousand and eight to what he called that clean, bright, articulate black guy, which was one of the worst insults he ever could have delivered. I think somewhere along the way, Joe Biden said the Democrat Party left me behind. I'm a white male and for me to talk my way into getting to be their nominee and now staying as their president. Whatever idea they give me. Oh, you want trans people at the White House showing their nipples, great, I've always been for that. No you haven't. You want criminals to not be prosecuted. I've always been for that. No you haven't. You want I mean, it doesn't matter what they put in front of him. He's anchorman and he'll read f you, san Diego. He'll do what you tell him to do if he just gets to stay there. He always wanted to be president and he's getting to be president, and you can't forget that.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna give you a moment to think about this one before we go into our last sponsor, Mike, and it is what is the idea that you feel very strongly about these days that you get the most heat for however you wanna. It can be anything cultural, social, This movie is great, or that thing is, whatever it is. I want to come back. I want to know what gets the tzar of talk some heat these days. And you're digging in on it, and you're saying I'm all in, but I'll give you a moment on that one. My Pillow is good at a lot of things, as you know, including their ability to deliver amazing value at phenomenal prices. Their latest offer is a six piece towel set for just twenty five dollars. Regular price is ninety nine to ninety eight, so this sale is worthy of your attention. Set comes with two bath, two hand towels, and two washcloths now retelling for just twenty five bucks. That's over seventy percent in savings. To find this offer, just go to my pillow dot com click on the radio listener special square to get this clearance price of twenty five dollars on the towel set. Enter my name as the promo code buck to get this twenty five dollars deal for the two bath, two hand towel and two washcloth set my pillow dot com promo code Buck. All right, what gets you the heat? Michael Well?
Speaker 1: I got a heat yesterday because a listener pointed out that I think that skid Rows eighteen in Life is the best power ballad of all time, and everybody criticized, but nobody could offer an alternative. My favorite rock band of My favorite band of all time is Leonard Skinner, and I catch a bunch of crap from people for that. My second favorite band of all time is the band and that's because people have never really studied their stuff. Let's see, trying to think of a good political issue. But you know what's interesting, and I'm sure you've noticed this. This is not just and I told you so thing. There were views I had three years ago that even some friends were like, Michael, I love you, but you're a little out there on the whole COVID thing. I mean, it's really wow. And now they go, you know, I don't want your head to get too big, but you were right and so but you know, I disassociated and you know, doing what we do. Sometimes it's hard to socialize in a group because people listen to you all day and so they want to be bombastic and argue with you. And you've done that all day already. You just, you know, kind of want to have a beer and not be bothered.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll give you. I'll give you a political one that I that I stand behind, which is that people underestimate the ability of the Democrat Party if it decides to to elevate Kamala Harris and get a lot of people to vote for I'm not saying that means she would win against Trump, but if they could get her to take over, for let's say they were able to push Biden across the finish line, just theoretically, and then she takes over as president, the whole system will switch into how she's grown into the role and she's not as terrible as we thought. And because I always point I said, look at Biden was a joke. Biden was a like a four percent candidate in two thousand and eight, and look who ended up winning in twenty twenty, right, I mean, I just think that people are the psych of argument.
Speaker 1: Let me, let me offer an alternative, full disclosure. In early twenty sixteen, really late twenty fifteen, I handicapped that Kamala would be there at the finish line. She may not win, but it would be her and someone else. Her intersectionality score is the highest in history. She's a woman, She's not white, She's she claims black. She claims Indians, so you got the immigrants side. She claims law enforcement background, but she also claims liberal California values. I mean she's pretty much the anti Joe Biden. And then when she went after Biden and said I'm that little girl on the bus, that was a powerful moment. That was the I knew John Kennedy, I served with John Kennedy. You're no John Kennedy moment. She was out before Iowa. Something about her people really don't like. And you know, the polls show that people like Michelle Obama. I don't like that fact, but the polls show it. People have a visceral dislike of Kamala Harris and the Democrats have not been able to fix that. And I'm not sure what causes I love it that. I'm not sure what causes it. I'm not I do have one. Let me go back if you have a moment book to your earlier question, and that is something that has been brewing of late. You and I have a lot of friends, particularly Miami friends, who are on both sides of the Trump Desantish debate, and there seems to be this view in the DeSantis camp, and some people that I really like and admires, seem to have this and that is that we you and I need to stand up and tell voters that Trump can't win you and then when when when they don't listen, then you, idiot Trump voters, Trump can't win, you, idiot Trump voters. You're costing us. At some point, we can't preach that we believe the voter should be sacra sainct, and then in the second breath say, but you voters are so stupid because you're part of the Trump cult. If people want Donald Trump, whether Carl Rove thinks that's the most strategic endeavor or not, doesn't matter. We're supposed to respect the process of the everyday voter. And when we say I'm smarter than you because I have a national radio audience or TV audience or or newsletter or platform, I think we're sending the wrong message to voters. And it disturbs me that some people seem to have that opinion DeSantis is the right choice, even if the voters don't want That's not your best argument for Ron DeSantis. So that's been something I've kind of been arguing with folks over of late.
Speaker 2: No, I think that's I think that's fair, and I think that what you see with with the way that conversation is evolving is if Ron is going to win, he needs to be able to win over the base, right. I mean, the electability argument to me is the whole you know, the primary. Yeah, I understand you're not appealing to the center the same way, but if you can't win the primary, the general election is a whole level beyond in terms of the organization, the endurance, the things that are needed, the national messaging.
Speaker 1: So because otherwise you're going back and saying, all right, that was Jeb Bush who had all the money in the world and the Bush family and all the you know, intelligentsia, but the voters didn't want him. And then you go back to twenty twelve Mitt Romney, the guy who's supposed to be the most presidential guy ever. The base hates him, he loses. You go back to two thousand and eight John McCain, who hung around forever, but he's a senator, he's a serious man, he's a good man. He should be president. The base hated him. So I think at some point you've got these guys that the insiders tell you, you know, he can be the president. You've got to win the base. And I think that's been a struggle for DeSantis, and we partly underestimate he's been the governor of Florida. It's going to take him some time. He may well grow into it or he may not. But I will say this, having been a cruise guy in sixteen, the juggernaut that is Donald Trump is not to be underestimated. And I think people do so at their peril. They don't realize how beloved he is from your listeners, from my listeners, and from voters. I mean, it's a deep, deep bond.
Speaker 2: There are so many ways. First off, I mean you can look at you can look at twenty twenty and see that it was about let's say, less than thirty thousand votes that ended up being the difference in what three states that were the deciding factor there. So you're talking about being on the very tip of a razor's edge in that election. So I can understand the arguments that say, this time around, now that people have seen Biden, they understand that the fraud of the whole Biden promised that he was going to unite the country. And then there's even also I always point this out, Michael, because I say, no one can predict the future, which is I say it not just to remind the audience, really to remind myself. Nobody can predict the future. It is a fact. You have so many you could have a third party candidacy here, you could have Does Joe Biden even make it? You know, I'm just saying the guys, he's really old. Is he able to finish the campaign? There are things that could up end the whole race that could very easily mean that Donald Trump would win. So, you know, I don't think it's uh. I agree with you that that the electability argument is this becomes a tautology, right, It's like, you know who's electable the guy who gets elected. So you know, the electability argument is something people need to be aware of how that flows. I think that the argument that is you'll hear it from DeSantis, from people that support DeSantis, I should say, is we need to take a look back at what really happened while Trump was president and assessed that in a way that is different from what the prevailing narrative is within trumpworld. Do you know what I mean? That's the for some of them, it's not even Kenny win, it's what's he going to do if he does win based on what he did the last time, And that in some ways I think gets even more contentious. You know, that becomes even more of a knockdown, throwdown kind of fight.
Speaker 1: It does, especially because so many of the Disantis folks were with Trump before and so now there is this sort of Trump is the devil where you were with him, and the other thing is you just can't Trump is a slugger. I mean, one thing you have to admire about Trump is, no matter how many times you knock him down, whatever you may think of him, the guy's a fighter. He's a brawler and he's going to be back. And I've never seen a candidate like this before. I've never in my life, even more so than Bill Clinton. The guy, no matter what happens, he gives a speech fifteen minutes later he goes, that's the speech you should have been given for, you know, seven years. And it's not un till he gets indicted that he delivers it in that manner. So I think we're living through fast for you and I, you know, getting the comment on this in real time, it's an embarrassment of riches. I worry about the country, but it's a really interesting time to do what we do.
Speaker 2: Do you think they want to lock Trump up? When I say, want to, would they be willing to?
Speaker 1: I do. I think they would be willing. But I also think it's one of those if you go for the king, you got to kill him. And I think the fear is if we lock him up for one minute and he gets out, it's Napoleon coming back, you know, from Elba. I think there is the understanding that you can't just send him into exile. If you go for him, you better take him out, because he'll come back stronger than ever. And I have maintained all along that Donald Trump is, more than anything else, the projection of our hopes, dreams, fears, angers, resentments, slights, optimism. We foist them upon him, and he is the canvas upon which we paint our own lives. And so every when we're angry with the FBI for what they do, and then they wrong him by the Marlago raid, then he becomes our outlet to punish them when we see things that are done wrong. The media does wrong. When Jake Tapper says, we're not going to show Donald Trump's statements because he lies, but you'll show Joe Biden's statements and he lies, You know, those sorts of things the only way we can express how anger is to support what Trump does, and in that way, he becomes an instrument of all of us, good or bad. He becomes an instrument by which we punish those people, and sometimes we feel like we don't get to punish them. And I think he understands that, and I think he bears that burden, and I think that's his greatest asset and maybe his greatest cross that he has to bear.
Speaker 2: Who do you think the likeliest Let's assume it is Trump, which right now the numbers certainly are indicating, although it is early. Who is his vice presidential pick in your mind? And why?
Speaker 1: Very interesting question? And I've spent a fair amount of time. There's some thought that that, you know, whether it's Brian Kemp to bring.
Speaker 2: In uh Georgia.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know. I don't know that I buy that. You know, I've even had folks float the RFK. I don't see that happening, but it's it's an interesting thing. The reason you don't go for an RFK kind of kind of candidate, you know, you think you think back to the Lieberman days as a VP. The reason you don't do that is because the base will punish you. But the base is with Trump no matter what he does, and that creates an interesting, uh paradox because it doesn't keep Trump honest. I think sometimes he strays from from where he should be because the base won't punish him. But by the same token, it gives him the freedom to do things like Nixon going to China because the base will always forgive him. And so I don't know. You know, you and I don't really have managers per se, and sometimes maybe we get ourselves in trouble because of it. But not having managers means we also have the flexibility to do what we want to do. So there is that challenge. I don't have the answer to that statement just yet. I do think it's a woman. He will never say it's going to be a woman, but I do think it's a woman. I hope it.
Speaker 2: Who do you think would be if you were advising him? Who do you think would be the smartest female to put on his ticket?
Speaker 1: Christy Noum, that gorgeous woman from the Dakotas. Now, the base doesn't like a lot of things about her, and look, she doesn't deliver a big state that you weren't going to win. Already, and then there's always the danger that there's a Sarah Palin phenomenon that she looks silly, or she looks like she's a performance artist or whatever else. I think she's more serious than Sarah Palin. I'm not a fan of hers, although I think she's gorgeous. But I do think that he's smart enough to know that that's a weakness and he can't have an old white conservative, wingtip wearing Christian guy like Mike Pince. I think he saw that as Pince not adding anything, and so I think he wants I think he would want a woman that might be more appealing to the base, I mean to the suburban women, and I think that whoever pitches that to him is going to win out. That's the smart choice from an electoral perspective, not a who would be great president. I think that's the smart choice.
Speaker 2: Everybody. You should go check out. You can listen live to The Michael Barry Show on kt R h and Houston, but you can also listen to the podcast of it on the iHeartRadio app wherever get your podcast. The Michael Barry Show. The Czar of Talk Mister Barry always an honor sir, thanks for spending some time with us here.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you. You're a good friend. Thank you, bub you too, Sir,