Speaker 1: Cool Media.
Speaker 2: So the Homegirl Jamie Loftus has a show coming out on cool Zone about like fifteen minutes. Like it's about fifteen minutes of fame, Like when people who were just like internet famous for a little bit. It's crazy how much these people like in It's like the digital version of like one hit wonders. How these people just like really capture our hearts and minds for a while and then they disappear. It's like you forget how much joy they brought us.
Speaker 3: Y'all.
Speaker 2: Remember the Octomom, the lady that had the octuplets. You know she ended up doing poorn a little later. You know, you gotta do what you gotta do. That fame hits you real fast, and then you don't know what you're gonna do. Apparently, they say, I haven't verified this, but Rachel Doizel remember her that was trans black?
Speaker 3: Yeah said that was like not as.
Speaker 2: In like trans is in transgender, but as in like she just she declared herself black. Apparently she are only fans like that that was. That's I mean, it may not be true. I just I saw that came across my ex. Now forgive me if I'm spreading false media, But you remember her, like do you?
Speaker 3: Y'all?
Speaker 2: Like these people be such cultural touchstones and sometimes you got to take a second to appreciate just the gift that they were. I have to remind y'all about the end of twenty twenty three George Santos, Like so much has happened since there, but you remember that, like he twenty twenty three ended with such a gift, and I like you just somebody so about it? So about they lie that The reason I bring him up is because you got to replace his c.
Speaker 3: And that just happened. But before we talk about replacing the seat, can we just remember, can we just remember the gift he gave us?
Speaker 2: Have you ever met anybody so ratchet, so hood so about that life that like, at some point you just have to be like, you know what, I respect it. Who just listen, you know what, God get your money?
Speaker 3: You feel me?
Speaker 2: You ever heard somebody just so married today lie that you like, you know what? At some point you even kind of turning your head up, like, wait, am I maybe I have tripp They just so dedicated to the lie that you like, look, if you.
Speaker 3: Have children, it's probably.
Speaker 2: One of the most joyous occasions is when your child is so married to the life that it's it becomes entertaining. Like you think these are like silly movie tropes where you know, a kid got crumbs and frosted all over their face and you like, hey, did you did you take some of that cake? They can't be like, no, word, what's that? What's on your what's all that crumbs on your face?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean you you literally got it's on your fingers, Like baby, did you take the cake?
Speaker 2: No? No, I didn't, Daddy, No, I didn't take the cake. It be so funny that you just be like, Okay, well then we're gonna tell me what happened, and it's more funny to just let them keep talking. Eventually that person grows up, it becomes Shaggy.
Speaker 3: It wasn't me, you guys.
Speaker 2: I need to tell you about the most one of the most seminal like uh American reggae songs from an artist named Shaggy who gave us one of the greatest, one of the greatest, like yeah, I would say club hits, and it's still one of the funnest songs that we could play and it I'm just gonna go ahead, read these lyrics to you. It says, and I quote, honey came in and she caught me red handed creeping with the girl next door.
Speaker 3: Picture this.
Speaker 2: We were both butt naked banging on the bedroom floor. How could I forget that I had given her an extra key? And this time she was standing there, never took her eyes off me. Y'all ever thought about these actual lyrics? Okay, let me cut you to the chorus was are but she caught me on the counter.
Speaker 3: It wasn't me.
Speaker 2: Saw me banging on the sofa, It wasn't me. Even had her in the shower, it wasn't me. She caught me on camera. It wasn't me. She saw the marks on my shoulder, It wasn't me. Heard the words that I told her, It wasn't me. Heard the scream get louder. It wasn't me. She stayed until it was over. This gotta be George Santos's favorite song. Look, it turns out he ratchet his hell ratchet as we thought he was that he might be a real lass nigga. Like, turns out George Santo's a real nigga politics.
Speaker 4: Y'all, Okay, y'all, chill chill, chill, chill, chill, chill, chill, chill, chill.
Speaker 3: This is.
Speaker 2: Historic moment, really a joke we all needed, Like I think we all needed this lab and this man is big mad and I think his big madness is part of what makes it so funny. Cause you gotta look, never break character, y'all. This cafe about this muck. So we're gonna talk about George Santos, former Republican senator from Long Island. He was actually removed with the fifth person in sixth person in American history to be removed.
Speaker 4: And the.
Speaker 2: First three nigga they was they was part of the confederacy. They get like, that's the funny part, Like the lad somebody did this is when they try to they tried to seceed from the country.
Speaker 3: My nigga and the other two were actually convicted of christs.
Speaker 2: They was like, George Santo's is so ratchet, this is so detrimental to our movement.
Speaker 3: And we was like, you gotta go.
Speaker 2: And this nigga defense is like, oh oh, now we care about our morals.
Speaker 5: Oh oh oh, oh oh, now nobody want to lie on their resume. Oh now, okay, just now that George Santos does it now it's a problem. No, No, y'all all look, y'all all hypocrites.
Speaker 3: No, you keep that same energy for your Oh what's the problem when I do it?
Speaker 2: But before we get into his real niggadness, I was right, this is the joy we needed. I look, yes, I'm laughing at him because hey, because you knew, like bruh, ain't no way, you ain't no.
Speaker 3: But before we get into that.
Speaker 2: On some other news, it's like this, okay, future prop here.
Speaker 3: I actually recorded this section last.
Speaker 2: Year, like at the end of last year, when what I'm about to talk about was a current event.
Speaker 3: It's not current at all anymore.
Speaker 2: But since so much has happened, like this episode kept getting pushed back, so it's been updated now, especially because there's been a special election in Long Island about George Santos, which is why I was like, at first I was going to scrap this episode, but now since he's back in business, we could talk about him. But anyway, this next section, pretend like this is December. You got to be following this young thug case. He young the facing the same type charges President Trump facing.
Speaker 3: He faced a Rico case.
Speaker 2: This nigga lawyer. I tell you set up there with a straight face and to the jury that thug just standing for truly.
Speaker 3: Humble under God.
Speaker 2: Oh my lord, thugg or pay that man double because that's hilarious.
Speaker 3: You trying to tell me nobody and let her know what the thug is.
Speaker 2: I'm crying, truly humble under God, Oh Lord, truly humble under God.
Speaker 3: We're not bloods. We just covered in the blood of Jesus. Match.
Speaker 1: You have to play some music right now. I can't you talk, Oh Lord, oh Lord.
Speaker 2: All right, y'all, we're back talking about mister Boombastic, mister George Santos himself. Boombastic is another song from Shaggy. Some of y'all may only know it wasn't me, but his other single was They called me mister Boomboster the frontstic written the rock, so that's why I called him George Santos. Okay, mister Boombastic. Sorry, club real ones was last night. So my voice is a little, uh, a little funny right now.
Speaker 3: If you don't care, I don't care.
Speaker 2: So you guys ever grow up with any like just just a finesse, lord, not lord finesse. That's a legendary rapper in DJ, like just somebody who knew how to finesse. They way in and out of everything. I had a homeboy who never paid for like music festivals that he went to. He just finessed his way in. And how he did it was he just got a bunch of like you know, those like lanyard credentials, so he'd just have a gang of them. He would put just as many as he can on his thing. Some say media, some say this, Some say press and a really nice camera and he would go up to the to the door or the entrance like in a frenzy with like a bunch of camera, all disheveled and be like media. He would just say media. They'd be like what, he goes media? Where's the media? Where's the press? And then they would be like, when do you have a pass. He'd be like, I don't know, it's one of these media. Well it's one of these I don't know, where's the media.
Speaker 3: I'm late.
Speaker 2: They'd be like it's that and he would just get in like that, it's just finesse. And I guess I can look at that and say never pay. I mean, you know, don't hate to play eight the game. On one hand, you know, festivals always lose money, you know what I mean, It's not like they cost so much to put on. And on the other hand, it's like, well, it's not like you're paying all these artists. Well you're really one person really gets paid as the headliner, you know. Everybody else is like, you know, struggle bus with it. But maybe dudes like him, or why the tickets cost so much, you know, or I don't know. The point is you can look at it a couple of ways, like you're cheating the system and it's frustrating, or you could be like the system sucks anyway, it's up to you.
Speaker 3: Either way.
Speaker 2: He finesses his way in and it's a great finesse. And this is where I have landed with George Santo. At first it was just funny. Then it was like, man, someth'ing wrong with that dude. And then it was like, wait, are you hitting a lick? And then it was like, I mean, it's not like, not like I have any loss towards the Republican Party, you feel me? And finally it was just like all right, bro, the hats off, because for real, something really wrong with you you need to get his milf because but at the same time, nigga full of respect. I mean, if you're gonna hustle somebody, hustle him, you feel me like, I mean, I guess get your money, you know, at the cost of the American democracy.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 2: I don't know either way. So if you don't know, now you know, or maybe you don't. That's just a biggie reference. If you don't know, now you know, don't you say it? So for recap, George Santos was elected a Republican Senator in Long Island, which is generally a blue area A meaning it's generally Democrats. So for him to be able to flip it was like a big deal and the Republican Party was like, yo, we just checked off all of our intersectionality boxes with this guy. He's Latino, he he's Jewish, he's queer, and he's wealthy.
Speaker 3: We did it. Going through his resume.
Speaker 2: His resume is deeply impressive and his backstory very inspiring. Just turns out everything about his backstory and resume was a lie amazing and even a line about stuff that you ain't even really need to lie about. We did an episode on him called, no, she go to another school. It's a running joke back, you know when we was at high school, like if somebody talk about that a girlfriend and a girlfriend went to a different high school. No, she just don't go here, she go to another school. Nigga, you don't have a girlfriend. And it's fine, It's okay, you don't have a girlfriend. My favorite of all the finesss was when they called him on the like, yo, are you are you Jewish? And he was like, well, know what I was saying was, you know, my dad was Catholic, and then on my mom's side we were like fifty percent Catholic, and then kind of like jew Ish, not like Jewish, we were like jew Ish, like kind of jew and and like that is commendable because when we was kids and you accidentally said god, damn it, your grandma looked at you. You say, I said kot, Kot. I said kt, not God, I said cot. And the man's defense was like, Okay, everyone judges up their resume. No one's completely honest on their resume. But my grandma used to say, a half truth is a full lie. Bro, you made this stuff up. Budd He won, and then the question was okay, is this shit illegal? Like, do we need to put you out? The Republicans was kind of torn because well, I mean, we do need another seat. So like we kind of like, I mean, if you vote right, you know, like behind closed doors, They're like, man, if you vote, you know the direction we need you to vote, And I mean, I guess I don't see the problem. On the other hand, I mean lying on your resume, although it's an embarrassment and it's lame, it's not a me. I guess it's not a crime. I mean, niggain, he ain't broke no law. He's just he's just a liar. We all got hustled, but he got the job. So anyway, once the reporters started reporting on what this nigga was doing, how like none of this hey y'all, I don't know if y'all know, but pretty much none of this man's backstory is true. Once that started happening and this fool already sworn in, that's when like federal investigators and the Department of Justice.
Speaker 3: Was like, okay, uh.
Speaker 2: We need to like really look into this nigga because like, if he lying like that, he also stealing like this just because you not rich. Your whole story is how you funded your own shit? You where is bread coming from? It sound to me like and this whole thing is a hustle. This man wanted in South America.
Speaker 3: This man, oh, his hobies your beat? Why live by stuff that don't matter?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Why'd you lying about this? My man said he was on a championship volleyball team. Boy, I tell you why, why did you need to say that? Did you think they wouldn't go?
Speaker 3: Check?
Speaker 2: So anyway, so a federal investigation just kicks off. And then in March, the House Ethics Committee starts doing an investigation because they look like herbs, which shows you again the lesson in confident. And then in May the DOJ charges in with like felonies, my nigga, Like, uh, you a homie, this ain't just a hustle, niggie.
Speaker 3: Felonies.
Speaker 2: Overall, he ended up having twenty three indictments federal.
Speaker 3: Of course, he played not guilty because it wasn't me. Oh man, he the r Kelly PP tape. That's not me.
Speaker 2: Look, look sir, this is you peeing on this little girl. That's not me, nigga, Yes it it so. And for a while there he was like, listen, I've been elected to do a job.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do this job.
Speaker 2: And it looked like this man was finna actually get away with this. Just that's the crazy part, and that was the stete. They tried to expel him twice. One was led by the Democrats. It just didn't work, and it was because the Republicans was like, okay, well he hasn't actually committed, like we have to, like, you can't just be kicking people out of Congress because they laying, because or because they be lying, because we wouldn't have Congress. We know, this was particularly flagrant, and the flagrancy of it was because it made us all look bad. The Republicans were like, okay, well, let's at least finish the investigation. And you have to know, if you're a Republican, you look like a herb too. So then there was a second one from the Republicans of New York that were like, okay, this is a particular blame on us, like, y'all, how are we ever gonna be No one's ever gonna take us serious, to which I would argue you right, how the hell I alma listen to any of y'all when you let this nigget sit in your chair, that just meant none of y'all's jobs mean anything. We already had very little confidence in you, and that is this the hilarious, incredible, just hero of a man. It's gonna be hard to take any of your choices serious. I mean, you've running through speakers of the house like draws.
Speaker 3: You know. I just I don't know what y'all doing, So y'all do something, and.
Speaker 2: You're about to nominate a man with ninety one felonies, like I just, I don't know what I'm supposed to think of you. You had a chance to fix your border problem, and you got everything you wanted in that border bill. He turned it down because this man with ninety one felonies felt like.
Speaker 3: He wanted to win. I just, how how can I take y'all serious?
Speaker 2: Y'all gonna have to deal with Santos and you did now to get into some real like politiic in here engagementship. One would also scratch a noodle as to why Democrats would vote against expelling him.
Speaker 3: Here's the game. The game is, presidents.
Speaker 2: It's this sense, it's that all this was sparked because investigator because a journalist started looking into his backstory.
Speaker 3: The idea is that.
Speaker 2: Damn man, we finna hinge all of our careers on the work of a journalist is kind of like, I mean, that's low key, kind of like you set in a weird trend here, Like I'm not trying to I'm not trying to create that tiktak trend out here where like a journalist gets to bring out dirt and then niggas start losing their jobs. In their mind, they're like, of course, silly, because I mean, that's how that's why we have a free press. It's the old niggas like this accountable, it's the presidents. It's like, look, man, this investigation is not done. You know what if it turns out as false? What if the journalist has to put out a correction But at this point he didn't already put out and the people voted for him, and again he who is without seeing The point is it's the same problem that everybody had with actually impeaching Trump and then when he's done, charging him for crimes. And what's crazy about people as flagrant as mister Boombastic and Agent Orange over here is that they test the limits of the system and can be like, you ain't gonna do shit, because if you do shit to me, you actually doing shit to you. Which is the craziest part about how flagrant Trump's message is is he's like, the system's coming after me, which means they coming after you.
Speaker 3: The fortitude you.
Speaker 2: Gotta have in your heart to be like, oh, because this issue you got is yours.
Speaker 3: Fam You earned this.
Speaker 2: Why I love this show is because people who grew up the way that you and I grew up understood this already. When your cousin Jerry Junior running the house saying like, oh man, it's about to go down. It's getting active outside, bro, they coming for us. You could be sitting there at grandma house like, nigga, us take that shit outside, like, uh man, I fight for you. I mean my blood, I love you. I lick your wounds, nigga, but that shit is yours.
Speaker 3: You can have it.
Speaker 2: I'm not feeling like, nah, homie, I ain't gonna snitch when the Popo come. I'm definitely not gonna snitch. But this shit is your problem. You got it, nigga. If they come you know, nigga, if they come after me, they're coming down on the off fan.
Speaker 3: It's real easy. You flew that flag on.
Speaker 2: Clue me in this shit because you ain't include me in the spoils. When y'all shit, y'all hit that lick and ran fifty racks back. I ain't get shit you bought. You bought me some chicken, but that's your lick. So, uh, you stand on your own business talking about us. So if we had a lit mo hood folks running for office, we might out there be like, oh no, I don't know, mister Santos, I got no skeletons, I got no new friends.
Speaker 3: I can stay.
Speaker 2: I stand on my business. You know, you're making the whole hood look fraudulent. So like, I look, you need to be DP. You feel me. We DP niggas like you. And if you still not trying to like, oh nah, hoommie, then yeah, I'm gonna send you outside.
Speaker 3: Brother.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but a lot of Democrats voted against expelling him because it's like, we're not trying to have this tip for tat type situation. And that's why everybody a lot of people were scared about impeaching Trump and stuff. We're not trying to have this tip for tat situation. But if you can stand on your square, you stand on your business. You're not really worried about it anyway, because you know what it is, you a stand up person. But if it come out like, Okay, we did the investigation and it's like, I mean, bruh, she caught you in the shower, nigga, she caught you on.
Speaker 3: The bedroom floor.
Speaker 2: Pitch it is you were both bet butt naked banging on the bedroom floor. My nigga, you on your own. You gave her a key to your apartment. How could I fuck buge I had given it, asked that key? What you want me to do? Hey tell her? Hey tell her? She I ain't gonna tell her shit. You messing up all of our Look, none of us can go to a Vegas weekend now because yo. As So, the best part is the wording of the report on him. They said, this is my favorite part. They said, he sought to fraudulently, fraudulently exploit every aspect of his campaign for personal and financial profit.
Speaker 3: This whole thing was a lick, the whole thing.
Speaker 2: So the report they make actually teaches us a lot about how a hustle works and why a con or a confidence man. Why it actually works, It's because part of the persona and see, this is why folks ball out. This is why you have to present this wealth because wealth begets wealth. If you present yourself as this incredibly wealthy person, you now are in circles with people that will give give you money. So then you get to rock with these donors because the donors are like, well, dang man, this fool really know what's going on. You know what I'm saying. So they start giving you money. So now the money they gave you is now the evidence of the wealth that you said you had. But the wealth you said you had is the money they just gave you.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 2: Now how you do that? You got to funnel it through different things. This is how the lick works. So look, so he starts off with the idea that like, Yo, I'm I'm loaning myself. I'm loaning my personal I'm putting my own personal money into this campaign. So I'm gonna loan myself eighty grand That's what he said back in twenty twenty. Were talking about like I'm putting my own money into this con You're like, think about anythink about any lick, any TV show, that's like any movie, it's stupid. It's like, dude, I have my own money in this Like that's how real this is it? And then two years later he talking about like I don't put seven hundred thousand dollars my own money. I put seven hundred racks my own money in the shit. That's how much I believe in it is. But next genius, you know, you have to do a financial disclosure. Once you actually into Congress or once you or even running for the fision, you got to do a financial disclosure. And in the financial disclosure, which we all have now because this nigga's been investigated. That same year, he said he loaned himself eighty five thousand or eighty thousand dollars. The nigga only made fifty five thousand according to the thing.
Speaker 3: Now, that might be one thing.
Speaker 2: Maybe he just sometimes depending on the Texas, it'd be some stuff I don't report that, you know, snitch on me. But like sometimes I get paid merch in cash. Now, granted it ain't eighty thousand dollars. Sorry, irs, I'm gonna keep five hundred dollars. He was like, I only made fifty five thousand, and then own the same financial documents. It says what he actually did loan him loan his campaign. It was three thousand, thirty five hundred dollars. You ain't loan yourself eighty thousand dollars. You loan yourself thirty five hundred. It's hilarious. Now, why would anyone say this, Well, dug if you say on paper that you done loan yourself eighty thousand, you could pay yourself back eighty thousands.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's like overdrafting your account.
Speaker 2: I feel like free money because they have paid the bill for you with money you ain't got, and then all you gotta do is just go get the get the donors to come back in, and you could just clean the stuff up later. And if you think about it, it makes sense you told the donors that you you loaned eighty thousand dollars to the thing. So no one in their right mind would think that when you're taking money from the campaign that you're just paying yourself back. That seems fair. Nobody's gonna check. And if you from the city, you know, when you get like when a homie get like a security job at a certain spot, or work at a certain clothing store, or shoe store or whatever. You just hit the lick until you get caught. We're all getting new shoes until they catch us. Nobody's checking until they do check, and it's like, ah, you know it is what it is, right. That's usually like when it's a shoplifted scheme, when it's something that simple, you just do it to you and then they fire you and it's like, oh, well, at least we got some shoes.
Speaker 3: He doing it.
Speaker 2: Though, up to seven hundred thousand dollars. And the thing is everybody knows like campaigns are expended to they're really they cost a lot. So the idea of him paying himself back, that's I get it. It's not weird if you believed his backstory. Now, one of my favorite ways that this dude moved is this thing called Redstone strategies. Just make it up. Look dude like this, it's so ratchet. So the Redstone strategies is it was supposed to be this like expenditure like strategy, like independent firm that'll help you get your bars off if you're running for office. And he was telling everybody else in the that were running for office, like, yo, this these are the folks I use. I use red Stone strategies. They helped me, you know, they placed ads help me, They helped me get elected, like it would probably help you too, and Foods was like, oh dope, okay, word, yeah, well connect me to him. I've done a similar thing when I first was trying to get on as an artist. Y'all, y'all know me as prop My birth name is Jason. You know, when I was first trying to get on, I was sending out what used to be called electronic press kits, which are just ways to like, you know, a couple songs or bio, whatever the case, maybe just trying to get bookings, trying to get shows, trying to get on radio things. And then people would inquire back like hey, yeah, we'd be interested, and I would be like, oh yeah, you could contact Jason. This is the email address, or I would use my middle on AG. So I just made up an email address that wasn't the propaganda one and then had them talk to my associate Jason, and they'd be like, hey, Jason, I'm interested in prop it's me obviously, Like you understand that, Like I'm having them email me later on.
Speaker 3: We'd have a good laugh about it.
Speaker 2: You know, but I didn't want you to like think I didn't have a team so stupid. It worked though, and it also worked for Old Santo's Foods was giving him bread. He was supposed to buy ads for these campaigns and then but they didn't know it was him. So these people calling up Redstone Strategies in Florida, like yo, where our ads at? And they're like, oh, sorry, we're still trying to figure it out. Blah blah blah blah blah. Eventually they bring lawsuit. They like, nigga, we gave you money, you didn't render the services. That's what this report is saying. And then the report is like, oh, that's because there is no company.
Speaker 3: It's him.
Speaker 2: So he would take his own money, put it in this business, take everybody else's money, put it in this business, take the money out of that and buy money. I mean, according to the report, two hundred thousand dollars. This is where you like, oh you, oh you might be a hood legend. We might have you. I might have to invite your ass to the barbecue next. So look, they say throughout all the things, all his multiple accounts, multiple streams of income that he had that was coming in from this lick. There's no way to know. They said maybe a half a million dollars. There's no way to know how much money this nigga actually took for this account for these from his campaign. But we know what he was spending it on. And that's why I'm like, oh you you ratchet as hell. He was making trips to Atlantic City to go play Roulette, he was buying, he was buying designer He was going on shopping spreees out there, buying designer clothes. My nigga was going to spats and getting botox nigga. But my favorite part, if you ain't heard this yet, my man was spinding dough OnlyFans. And I'm not judging Listen, I am not judging the fact that he had an only fan, okay, because listen, clearly millions of people have one, and what you do on your phone is your business. What I'm judging is d he using y'all's money for it. Ain't ratchet his hell. This nigga getting bottles of Hendie, pull it up to the club, making a rain. This nigga out of here, Magic City, get.
Speaker 3: Dawn talk about it. Wasn't me, Oh my lord?
Speaker 2: So it gets so bad that he's finally like, okay, listen, I ain't gonna run for reelection. Okay, nigga, that's not admitting guilt, which I love. He like, I'm going down with the plane. I'm not admitting guilt. Then the dude once they was like, finally all of the legislative branch hit him with a come on fam. Well, they finally hit him with a come on fam That's why he was like, oh, oh, all of a sudden, it's bad when I do it. Oh, y'all all look back. Didn't nobody say nothing with he pointing that Frank over in account and like you act like you ain't got no only fans, Oh, like.
Speaker 3: You've never spit. Some can't pay money, y'all. Ain't no better caught this nigga.
Speaker 2: He was like, it wasn't me, and even if it was, don't act like you don't do it. And now he's gone, but you got to replace him. But before we talk about that, let's take a second to appreciate it. Just the gift he gave us of just being like that messy. Oh lord, oh man, just sometimes messiness is just like, thanks, guys, we appreciate it. That weighted in twenty twenty three strong. Now the new election coming up next. I we're back so Long Island. You had Tom Swazi, who was.
Speaker 3: The guy that George bet like.
Speaker 2: He was a former familiar face, a Democrat that was their representative in that area. He ran against the Republican candidate, which was get this, an Ethiopian female immigrant. It's pretty crazy name Pillops and it's crazy. As soon as I saw on the camera, I was like, how was yah? And then I look ignorantly assumed she was the Democrat. Do you know what I'm saying? But no, she ran as a Republican. Now this, no one would care about this except that this is.
Speaker 3: Flipping the House.
Speaker 2: Why they were so like we said before, why George Santos was so important, was like, we need the House to have a Republican majority, so it's super important that this was the only seat left. Why they held on to the dude after all the stuff we just talked about, was because we need they needed a Republican there. Now, Long Island a New York suburb that generally was blue, you know, kind of a centrist thing that kind of flip flopped back and forth, took a chance on a Republican because this rough Republican, like we said, checked.
Speaker 3: Every box and then they was burt.
Speaker 2: So what do we normally do when you get burt after trying something new, you go back to what you know. I mean, look, John Stewart's back on television. You know what I'm saying. It's something old and comfortable. Look, nigga, did you see the people running for president right now?
Speaker 3: I mean, like that's the people. You go back to what you know you.
Speaker 2: Don't So that's kind of what happened now them politically, as far as their positions, they really especially when it come to like Israel, God, they're really not that much different, you know, the habbitshot sister, she was kind of running on the idea of being a good immigrant, you know, like I gave it the right way because most people's concern is immigration. Right, That's where everybody kind of like sweating about over there, especially in a hot, hotly debated seat like that. Right, And what your boy Tom did was essentially kind of running off the position of like you can't trust nothing out of miss Phillip's mouth, Like she's George Santo's two point. Oh, she's just gonna finesse, y'all awaited that man finessed y'all like, go with what you know. I've been riding for y'all for a while. I'm gonna bring back the quote unquote normal seat. Now, normally, since this is a special election, you can detangle these particular candidates from their top of the party ticket.
Speaker 3: You know, if this was.
Speaker 2: During like the November election, it's kind of hard to not connect these two people to the president candidates. Because this was a special election separate from there, and because everybody took such l's nobody likes being embarrassed in front of everybody.
Speaker 3: It was like, we need to go with the safest choice.
Speaker 2: But as the posters were doing, like I said, with the posters, you know, like I mean, if you believe polls, is it's.
Speaker 3: Really about immigration. You know, it's a big uh.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of union workers up there, and the union workers is worried about you know, immigrants coming in undercutting them and taking their jobs. You know what I'm saying, Like all the regular like you know, greatest hits that you would see in an election. But the interesting thing to me is the party selection for who they ran. I think it's interesting that the Republicans went with another poc as as their lead choice because again they're not checking any of those boxes and this is still New York and it may have worked. They just figured they just had it worked the first time. It's just it was just a com man But like we kind of had the right idea, you feel me. And the Democrats they did what they always do. You just they went with what they knew. They took no risks. Now I'm saying this as if these people don't have any agency. Of course they have agency, but but I'm saying in terms of a narrative that's being shared to us, they they did what they always do.
Speaker 3: You go for what you know. But either way they did.
Speaker 2: They Democrats flipped the seat and it reminded us of the glory that was mister boom Bastard himself, ol aka George Santos.
Speaker 3: Thank you, sir for giving us this moment hood politics. Y'all.
Speaker 2: All right, now, don't you hit stop on this pod. You better listen to these credits. I need you to finish this thing so I can get the download numbers.
Speaker 3: Okay, so don't stop it yet, but listen.
Speaker 2: This was recorded in East Lost Boyle Heights by your boy Propaganda. Tap in with me at prop hip hop dot com. If you're in the Coldbrew coffee we got Terraform Coldbrew. You can go there dot com and use promo code hood get twenty percent off get yourself some coffee. This was mixed, edited, and mastered by your boy Matt Alsowski killing the Beast softly. Check out his website Matto dot com. I'm a spelling for you because I know m A T T O S O W s ki dot com Matthowsowski dot com. He got more music and stuff like that on there, so gonna check out the heat. Politics is a member of cool Zone Media, Executive produced by Sophie Lichterman, part of the iHeartMedia podcast network. Your theme music and scoring is also by the one and nobly matdow Sowski. Still killing the beat softly, So listen, don't let nobody lie to you. If you understand urban living, you understand politics. These people is not smarter than you. We'll see y'all next week.