Speaker 1: Personally, its long feels than Happy Monday everybody over in the States. I am here with my best friend Julia Cole, and we are in Paris. Paris.
Speaker 2: Can you believe it? No?
Speaker 1: I cannot. I cannot believe the last forty eight hours in general that we've had.
Speaker 2: We're living a movie.
Speaker 1: It really does feel like a movie.
Speaker 2: Like there have been so many times that, like I've even just individually turned around and seen you just like looking at something or walking down a street and been like, this is straight out of a movie scene. It's like every single thing you pass is so gorgeous here, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Right well, and right now we're sitting in Paris, but we started in Brussels. So this whole thing came about because Julia and I have had a year twenty twenty four was so much fun, but it was also busy for both of us. We were traveling for work. I was traveling for a lot of weddings. You also work, Yeah, and we were like, neither one of us has taken a trip for ourselves this year just to do nothing besides whatever we actually would like to do, right, And so we kind of on a whin we're like, let's go to Paris because I had been watching Emily in Paris and wanted to have like a rom com moment.
Speaker 2: Literally, I just finished that series too, and I didn't want to admit that. That's why I was like, yea, I've already been to Paris, when I'm down to go again. Literally because of the show.
Speaker 1: I love that it inspired both of us and we were both in the right moment, right time, and we just looked at each other like, Okay, are we doing this, Yes, we're doing it.
Speaker 2: And I feel like I have been to so many countries like this trip, I'm going to knock off my thirtieth country, but this is your first time in Europe, and like, there is nothing cooler than getting to watch somebody experience something that's that life changing. Because I remember when I like first went somewhere that I felt culture shock and it just made me realize how big the world is. Yes, and I don't know, it changed my perspective on everything.
Speaker 1: I've always been the person who loves experiences more than things. Yeah, that's why I've always been such a big advocate for traveling, even just in the United States, and so getting to experience this on like a multitude level of something I've never experienced before has been crazy. Like for you, what's it been like for you? Funny, non funny, just like whatever. To be with somebody who's never touched Europe before.
Speaker 2: It's incredible because, like you, when we were picking out our airbnbs, you sent me this one. You go look at the view out this terrace, I said, Morgan, every single terrorist looks like that, Like it's just that gorgeous everywhere, and you were just like couldn't believe it. And you see walking up and down these streets. I mean every building is like hundreds of years old and was built with such care and detail. It's so different than the architecture in America, which is built for more of like it's i don't know, it's more practical than it is gaudy and flamboyant. But everything in Europe is just made to be showy and flashy, and it was mostly done because of people were trying to flex their power hundreds of years ago and that was the only way you could do it. Basically, it was like having a boss building.
Speaker 1: But yeah, there's lots of power and wealth in these like the history of them, which is really cool to see and just there's so much like you can't It's just like when you go to any city, you cannot consume and do everything you want. Besides Brussels. I do feel like we accomplished ninety percent of what we really wanted to see in Brussels.
Speaker 2: It's like one landmark we didn't get to.
Speaker 1: Yes, and like one little offshoot city that we could have gone to.
Speaker 2: You were there for only one day after an entire night of flying. So it was like the fact that we saw as much as we did on zero hours of sleep. I mean we had a forty eight hour day basically, Yeah, we still crushed it and we stayed out till the sun came up.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, we're gonna like start here with Russels. Because the thing that was so cool for me and this experience is that I had always been holding on to European travel, abroad travel for this hope that like I was going to meet my person and I was going to do it all with them. There was this piece of sorry point now listen, there was that part of me that was holding on to that like I had done and experienced so much in my life that this is something that I haven't, and it can be a first for me with them, not necessarily for them, it doesn't matter. But for me, I didn't even know that, and I always had that feeling, so I kind of held on to it and just Julie, I haven't even flown on an airplane with a boyfriend ever, ever, Like I have traveled on road trips and I have gone to see them or vice versa, but like us together on a plane and like doing that whole thing never, so I just calling your bag through the airport, yes, like the gentleman's way. You never had that experience, So I kind of had held on to it, and I twenty twenty four was a year of a lot of releases for me, and I think I just finally let go of that. When we were talking about it, I just kept saying, to myself, what am I waiting for? What am I sitting here waiting for? I can't keep waiting. I cannot like wait for this moment to happen, that that may or may never come, and I have to go. I have to go and just do this for me versus waiting.
Speaker 2: I think you also don't give yourself enough credit for how hard you work and how much you're focused on your career, and I think that a big part of the reason that you haven't just gone off and done these crazy travels is because your schedule is heavily full of travel for work, So it doesn't feel like as much of a vacation for you or for me as for someone who never goes on a plane or never goes packs their bag and it's to go do photos in a new city they've never been to. We do that quite literally all the time for work. So traveling again, packing another suitcase, buying another ticket, it's it's not the same. And I know that you aren't giving that the credit that it's due here because I think it's more than just you waiting for someone. You've been really busy, working really hard.
Speaker 1: No thank you, but so view like that's again, that's the reason you and I both looked at each other and said we deserve this something. Yeah, we didn't know at the time it was going to end up being Paris and Brussels and Barcelona.
Speaker 2: But mine. So my traveling didn't start out because I just inherently wanted to travel. Like most of the countries I've gone to, I did a tour with the James Barker Band, where we hit thirteen cities in seven different countries in Europe. So that was a crash course in European travel. That was work for me. And then my best friend in college, she's been to like sixty five countries she was born and like she's literally everywhere, so she kind of opened the door to me going to more random places that aren't working. You know, there's not gonna be a country music concert on Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania and Africa, So she opened that door for me.
Speaker 1: You know, maybe one day, it's.
Speaker 2: Just not one day, yeah, just me and the porters. But it's it happened because of other situations in my life. It wasn't. Most of the travel I've done. My first solo trip ever was still because of someone's wedding. This year, I just went to another city other than the wedding. So this is the first trip that I was just like we're going, We're picking the cities we want to go to. I don't have to bring a guitar. There's no agenda, there's no meat and greet, there's no sound check, Like we're gonna go to cafes. Look at the.
Speaker 1: Eiffel Tower, eat as much food as we would like to dance.
Speaker 2: Then ioway drink all of the different Belgian beers, try seven hundred different chocolates.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's okay, okay, So let's let's start here with Brussels. So we have flown in. We met each other in Chicago and we had a direct flight from Chicago to Brussels. And guys, when we got to Brussels, we were there at nine am. We had crazy, crazy lines at customs for like two hours, but as soon as we got out of customs, we hit the ground running. We dropped off our luggage with our Airbnb host. Don't worry, we locked it. We were very pre cautious about everything, but we dropped it off and we're like, we have to go one. We can't sleep because the jet lag will catch up to us, which it did, just in a different variation, and we truly just like went off. And I had chosen Brussels, like for me, Julie has a different reason. But I had chosen Brussels because I studied French in college and one of my professors had told me, if I wanted to truly test my French language, go to Brussels, and if they speak back to you in French, you've nailed it. And if they don't they speak to you in English, then you have work to do. Now, you know, I never did that when I still had my French and fast. Ten years later, I finally have made it. And plus you know the chocolate, beer, cheese fries. That doesn't help. That's their favorite things. So I love all of those. Those are my four.
Speaker 2: Main food groups.
Speaker 1: So that was another reason. Yeah, and your reason for going to Brussels.
Speaker 2: I had work in Australia earlier this year, and I'm not just going to go all the way to Australia and only work and then go home like I was. If I'm going to the other side of the world, We're gonna have a little fun too. So my whole family came and a couple of my best friends and we did a sailboating trip around the wit Sunday's Islands. And there were other people on our sailboat and they were all from Belgium, and so they were just talking a lot about it and kind of got me excited to explore over here. And they were just giving me tips and saying how amazing it is, and so I don't know, it had never really crossed my mind that that would be one of the first places that I voluntarily was like, let's go there, but you start talking about beer and chocolate and I kind of can't say no, which is.
Speaker 1: What we did. So after we hit the ground, we walked around for a little bit, checked everything out. Do we do anything before we started our tour.
Speaker 2: We just ran around the like we went to the square that was like a it wasn't really the Christmas market yet, but there was like a Santa that was waving out of the window, and oh.
Speaker 1: We went to the Grand Palace Place, Grand Place, and we walked around, took pictures at the very where the giant Christmas tree was. And then at three pm, so imagine this. We had about three hours where we were just walking around kind of like gathering ourselves, and three pm we meet our tour guide to go on a chocolate and beer tour that lasted five and a half hours.
Speaker 2: We ate, I had muscles and brussels. We did.
Speaker 1: We have muscles and brussels, and I had freaks, which is Belgium fries and yeah, oh French onion soup also specialty and then we went and got on our tour. This tour, we had so so much chocolate. Highly recommend doing a tour just because you try so many different variations of chocolate. And then like we were drinking the beer and we'd have like two or three in each place, and when we thought it was finally over, she's like, oh, nope, last time, we have two more drinks for your bags, and we're like, what is going on?
Speaker 2: I don't know what we were thinking when like we thought the tour was going to be maybe three hours, it was over five. Like it was like five and a half hours straight eating chocolate and drinking beer.
Speaker 1: There was no intermission, coming straight off of both of us getting maybe two hours of sleep on this plane that was a red eye flight.
Speaker 2: And not eating anything but muscles in Brussels own French onion soup and you didn't even touch your soup, basically no fries, because.
Speaker 1: I was like I was still like dealing with the jell, Like I had this insane cramp in my shoulder for like ten hours.
Speaker 2: You would have thought we'd be down bad, because we were like kind of down bad, but we still attacked the city like we powered through that way which is so Then we came off of that, ran back to our airbnb chained shoes, got a little bit warmer.
Speaker 1: And then went out to a bar where we met a whole group of Belgian men.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, and it was like, okay, here's another thing that's crazy. Everybody speaks English. Everybody, everybody, and like everyone we've had met so far, which we've met, we've probably talked and had conversations with like fifty people now. Because everyone's so friendly over here and outgoing. I think they hear our accent and they're like, where are you from? Like, so they come ask us and we're like the only blonde people we've seen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we definitely have a different look than what the norm is here.
Speaker 2: But everyone speaks like four or five languages, and it makes me feel so dumb.
Speaker 1: I know. And wherever you're like one one, I'm like, I have a do not speak fast.
Speaker 2: I'm all proud of my sixty day streak on duo lingo for Spanish and they're like, I'm sorry, I don't speak English very well and they're having a fluent, full conversation in English. I'm like, your their standard for language is insane. Over here.
Speaker 1: It's amazing. Like from I wish that was something that we adapted the United States, just to understand more languages, because I think that's really cool. But also like these and these men came from they were both We had some that were Dutch and and some that were French and some that were Armenian, so it was a mix. I couldn't say they were specifically Belgium, but they all lived there and they'd been living there for a while, and I mean, Julian I had just like this insane rom com type night.
Speaker 2: It were so fun.
Speaker 1: We never had met these people in our lives before, and all of a sudden we were all friends and learning to speak each other's languages and sitting there like the guys would have conversations and then translate for each other to continue the conversations.
Speaker 2: Like some of them could understand some of the words, and then they would have to be like no, no, no, that's not what they meant. And even we were doing that for each other. I think that they're actually talking about the beer, and you'd be like, oh, I definitely thought they were talking about the painting or whatever, like.
Speaker 1: We just did not It was there was at one point where one of the guys was like, oh, you want to like stay up on it. I was like, yeah, I'm a night out. I want to dance and have fun.
Speaker 2: Said I said, Morgan, you need to say you don't want cocaine. He's going he's gonna find you some. It's not what you meant.
Speaker 1: And I didn't. I literally looked and I said no, no, no, no drugs, no drugs. I just I just meant I can stay up and like.
Speaker 2: Party now offering And she didn't get it. But for some reason, I like could some I don't know, we were like weirdly being able to translate different sentences. We were and you know more, I don't know any French.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I did pick up. I'd pick up on words that they were saying, so I could at least tell that they weren't making fun of us. But what I couldn't tell was like the complete understanding of what they're sing So it was like, oh, yeah, I got that. Oh didn't get that one. But it was just so funny because we like guys, the men in Europe whether and I would love to hear from a woman's perspective that is European, and maybe she's now in America, or maybe she was or is moved back. But the men in America don't approach you in the ways that men in Europe do. Like they talk to you, they want to have conversations, they want to know about They are not afraid of coming up to speak to you and say hello, this is me, and they'll do it while you're in the middle of a conversation with someone else.
Speaker 2: Yes, they don't care at all, which will straight up interrupt someone to be like no, no, no, what's your name? And you're like the other guys just standing there like what's happening?
Speaker 1: Which we will get to because I happened in Paris, Belgian, Like I think we had so many of them together that but they different ends. Yeah, And so we started at this bar where we had just like we had gotten a recommendation from our tour guide and we're like, Okay, we're gonna go to this local spot meet these guys. We ended up in a random karaoke bar for like five minutes it was packed, and then ended up in this huge gallery arcade area that has like three thousand beers. I'm taking shots of what is it?
Speaker 2: Absent?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you're crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I told them you can keep that. You take two. I'm doing the whiskey and were like, they were like, no, you have to do this. I was like, I know me with Texas girls drinking whiskey. I'll have your little absinthe moment, and we did.
Speaker 1: I had I had one and that was it. Yea yeah.
Speaker 2: But and guys I was watching, it was I've never seen anything like it. I thought I was watching The Bachelorette, Like straight up. Morgan had this whole group of guys trying to dance with her at the same time. They were like taking her from the other and they all knew each other, so they were like all fighting over her basically, and she was just dancing and spinning around and then the next would spin her around and I was like, again, this is when I was saying I was watching a movie. It was like in these beautiful streets of Belgium with the Christmas lights dangling between on terraces being spun around. I mean, it was like on the cobblestone roads. It was unbelievable.
Speaker 1: It was wild. I have never felt like it is. I have dated for so long in America, I have never felt like that in the years that I've gone on dates, and in one night, I felt like more even if it was just meant to be fun and casual and whatever, Like, they make you feel wanted and they want to pursue you and they want to do things, and they follow up like they were all messaging me like, Okay.
Speaker 2: What are we doing.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I left, I'm no longer there.
Speaker 2: We're literally in a different country.
Speaker 1: Yes, Okay.
Speaker 2: Tell me if this is me being like pessimistic about it, because like, I have this little question in the back of my head. But part of me is like, well, if they're like that so openly and so easily, does that mean that they probably like cheat more or they they're like they're just approaching girls all the time. So is it that you're like and I mean, this whole group was like fighting over you. But I wonder is it, like, are they like that every night? That's Is it because.
Speaker 1: We're American because we're blonde? Is it they do this to European? Like, yeah, what is the situation?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 1: If you're listening and you're European, we need your answers, We need the actual situation because either way, like I don't care.
Speaker 2: I don't care because it was still fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like we had the best night.
Speaker 2: I'm curious if it's like, like does every girl in America that's struggling with like the boyfriend's situation there just need to.
Speaker 1: Cross the pond and we're solid, find them out here, bring them back. So we need to do are they just are they all just want a green card?
Speaker 2: Maybe to come?
Speaker 1: Also possible there is.
Speaker 2: I don't only say that because my sister married a Swedish guy, so it's funny in our family.
Speaker 1: There's so many possibilities here. So I am curious just perspective from anybody else that they haven't. But we had so much fun out It was three am. Guys, at this point we had pulled an all nighter, we had been up for twenty four.
Speaker 2: Were sagging Morgan to go home.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at I'm like, why are we going to go?
Speaker 2: And she's like, literally no, And I'm like, if I leave you here, I will never see you again. You're coming home with me?
Speaker 1: Yes? I was like, you're right, I don't feel they've been not here by myself, but we should stay and we did. We stayed until four am, and we got back to our We gotta looked at each other. We're like, holy crap, it's four am.
Speaker 2: We stayed up for another hour, just like talking and looking through videos and photos because it was so fun. We couldn't believe it had just happened exactly.
Speaker 1: And then the worst part though, was like listen, I was about to get up at eight thirty am, and I was gonna go ride on a bike with the Belgian man.
Speaker 2: But I told her, you feel what you want. I'm sleeping, and you were.
Speaker 1: And you were gonna sleep, and then I was gonna come back and wake up. Well, I had my alarm sets, all right. We both woke up that alarm clock got turned off and we continued sleeping until two pm.
Speaker 2: Well it was the first time we had slept in forty eight hours, so I was upset about.
Speaker 1: But we were supposed to be checked out by one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, we the airbnb host was a saint. He was letting us just he he was like, y'all are so late, like because he was banging on the door.
Speaker 1: Like that's what woke me up because we didn't have another alarm set, no, because the only one until the sun went down. Yes, and I heard like a door knock, and I was like, I feel like that is our door. And when I woke up, I looked at my phone and I was.
Speaker 2: Like what I said, Oh that the clock must not have sank yet, like it must be on American time or something, which also didn't make any sense because it's backwards in America.
Speaker 1: But like then we looked on the door and it was light two pm. It was one, which then I'm like panicling, pat panicking because I'm like Julie, we have so much to explore, we only have this is our day, and then we leave at five. We're taking to train to parents, so we like panic. We get ready in thirty minutes. Our airbnb guy was so great, it's like take an hour, I'll be back. He was awesome, and then we were like grabbing ourselves together. We still managed to see everything, Like we went and we had waffles in the most amazing last and hot chocolate at Mason Dany Yes, and also we got more Belgian fries with truffle mayonnaise next door Dan boy right, Dan Dey, Dan Doy, Dan Dey. We're learning and what else do we do in that? Like? Oh, we also went and explored the gardens. There was some pretty gardens and some structures, and then we hopped on our train to Paris, and from there we also did not continue sleeping. We got to Paris, got to our Airbnb, dropped our stuff off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we obviously don't have this is not our official list review of all the amazing places we went because like restaurants, chocolate shops, like the names of these places. I remember Elizabeth Mary's, Mary's Chocolate.
Speaker 1: Shop, vander something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was like the official chocolateeer of the royal family, and I don't know. It was like we have from the tour we did. We know the names of all the places that we went, but it was it's so hard for me to pronounce most of everything that I can't retain it in my head because even the first time reading it, I'm like, how do I say that.
Speaker 1: I'll put a little like highlight on my Instagram of everything that we went to, because all the locations are tagged, so you can go to little locations and find what looks good to you. And it really much.
Speaker 2: It was so fun. What was your favorite chocolate of all the little flavors?
Speaker 1: I feel like it was a salted caramel that we both had at the very end, and I sure where we were.
Speaker 2: My favorite was from Elizabeth's and it was the dark chocolate whiskey ball, so like it was so funny. They were like, do not bite into this, like if it's outside of your mouth, like put the whole thing in your mouth before you bite it. And I was like, I thought it might just be flavored with whiskey or like a little bit in there. It was a shot of whiskey inside this ball of chocolate, and I was in heaven.
Speaker 1: And that's your favorite.
Speaker 2: That's what I like sometimes when I come home or like whenever I'm with my family or my dad and I are on the back porch and we're drinking bourb and like he's smoking a cigar, I'm eating chocolate.
Speaker 1: So that's like my favorite. Little I'm weird, but you're not weird. And now you're gonna bring them back, and you guys gonna do that together with little falls of chocolate from Belgium. It's gonna be so fun that you bought those are yeah, the chocolate. You don't listen to this because you're not supposed to know. I have those for your birthday. That is a surprise. We both have multiple bags of chocolate that we're bringing back over our family.
Speaker 2: We spent over one hundred dollars together, probably one hundred.
Speaker 1: Fifty two different shops we went. The two places we bought chocolates for that we really loved were Elizabeth and Mary's. Both were the two places.
Speaker 2: And we've made these decadent boxes of like all the assorted ones that you could just pick out one by one. But now we're not gonna know which one we're eating whenever we open the box. So it's gonna be yes please, Chocolate Roulette.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be perfect. Yeah, Okay, So once we train our train was like an hour and a half to Paris. We got to Paris, dropped off our bags with the new Airbnb, which is in this super cute building and beautiful.
Speaker 2: This building is probably I don't know, three hundred years old or something like. Yeah, gorgo. The elevator is so tiny.
Speaker 1: I mean our little airbnb that we're sitting in right now is also so tiny. Our bed is lofted in this Yeah, it's like a bedroom. Yeah, the bed is the top bunk and the kitchen is the bottom bunk. Literally and there's like one toilet and a little mirror.
Speaker 2: But it's beautiful, like inside the bathroom and even the wall, like look at the designs on the walls.
Speaker 1: It's done so the lear Yeah, it's very pretty. Because we dropped it all off and we went in after scouring the internet for somewhere to eat. We ended up eating a loulouse, which was amazing pasta in a museum in a museum, and then I walked outside. I got to see the Eiffel Tower for the first time, which in this moment of recording, I have not actually seen the Eiffel Tower up close yet tonight yet we are going tonight.
Speaker 2: Your first time seeing it when the lights are all on. I feel like it's just gonna be cooler than seeing it during the day when it's kind of cloudy and it's dark.
Speaker 1: This is true, but we will see. I have made a point today, I have to see it in the daytime and at nighttime.
Speaker 2: That was your second impression. First impression is going to be literally sparkling and twinkling like a star. It is perfect. Yeah, it's gonna be perfect.
Speaker 1: So we have that tonight. But after the LOUI went to I had found this jazz like cave that was in La La Land from TikTok, and I was like, we have to go there. I know it sounds weird, We're gonna try it. We can leave whatever. We go there and this place is insane. You literally like walk in it's like a normal dive bar, and then you go down the steps and it's a literal cave and they're insane jazz music and everybody's just like swaying with each other. It's not any dancing I've ever experienced in the States before. It's like you just swaying side to side with each other, and I'm like, this feels weird.
Speaker 2: I gotta like find my vibe. It was almost like a jazz mosh pit. Yes, like everybody was like kind of being thrown around, but everyone had smiles on their faces, so it wasn't like.
Speaker 1: Pushing enjoyable mashpit. An enjoyable mosh pit, like a classy mash pit.
Speaker 2: But it was jazz music. And she was speaking English, even though like all the songs were in English, and I don't know where the singer was from. We've got a debate going. One of the guys that was standing next to us I was like, this she Irish, she hav a Scottish accent or something like, because I couldn't tell when she was talking between songs and he was he like came upstairs. We were talking to other people upstairs at the bar later, and he like literally walked over just to tell me I talked to her she's from Spain, and then left. And I'm like, first of all, I don't believe him that he actually talked to the singer who was on stage. The second of all, she could be from Spain. I can't tell anything, because like everyone's accents are different. Oh, and this is something so cool, which I don't know if you've like picked up on it yet, because I didn't learn this until my sister's husband and his family and I like spent a lot of time together. So Martin and his sister Latta there they speak Swedish as their first language, but when they speak English, he learned from a British teacher. She learned from a Scottish teacher. So when they speak English, even though they're brother and sister, he has a British accent and she has a Scottish accent.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, so I've never heard that. I don't speak to them in you know, Swedish, so I only hear them in English and they literally sound like they're from two different countries.
Speaker 1: Well, and we were making that comment about how how many different countries and places have English as their first language, but it's different variations of English. Like I was talking to a guy last night and he's about to go to Australia. He's like, I can work on my English, so I'm like, you can. But also they use words that like we don't use, so you'll be able to practice, but you're also going to pick up some slang vocabulary and the spellings.
Speaker 2: Are different in like British English. It's like color is colo you are?
Speaker 1: Yeah? My phone always cructs that, so you know, I'm crushing British English whenever I text people. It's amazing, But we isn't. We're at this place and once again guys are talking to us.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's let's tell it how it is. We're standing there and Morgan has this gorgeous Greek man walk up to her and immediately just like ask he like literally just asked you to kiss you and you said no, but he just he didn't even like you had had Okay, we had, we had talked a little bit.
Speaker 1: There was probably like she.
Speaker 2: Put the said no, but it was still just she came up to me and told me that it happened, and I was like, what he just asked you?
Speaker 1: Let me break this out a little bit. So we were standing there and we were we were vibing to the jazz. You had started talking to this guy who was like standing there and he had all kinds of information to share. And then somebody I think who was also one of his friends, was around and I talked to him for a little bit. But then this Greek guy we had met in line via other guys that we were talking in life, guys, everybody talked to each other here like you think when you go to places and bars that's in America. We were just making friends and it wasn't even like a like flirting, No, you were just making connections with people. We stood in line talking to people for ten minutes while we were waiting to get in. We hung out with them inside and then they left. They're like, great to meet you, guys. Like, we talked to so many people beyond just these connections.
Speaker 2: Girls too, Yeah, and she there was one of the girls in line that we were talking to. She like doesn't really speak English, but she was trying so hard to still communicate with us. So when she understood that we were kind of saying, oh, it's cold, she was like, oh.
Speaker 1: My gosh, yes, like it is cold, Like she was just excited about how to talk to That's the one thing I've noticed, like at least in the culture of bars, clubs, restaurants, that you have people wanting to communicate and connect with each other versus I feel like in the States that doesn't happen. And again, maybe it's because we are foreign and it's like we're the shiny thing. We come in and they're like, they're American, let's talk to about.
Speaker 2: There have been a few times where you've been like the French don't like us.
Speaker 1: That has also happened. It's been the French stranger stone. That's why I say, though bars and clubs, like everybody's friendly and they want to hang out, they.
Speaker 2: Want to yeah that yeah, versus like when I'm trying to think of But there was that one guy in line in front of.
Speaker 1: Us, who he was not a fantasy.
Speaker 2: Made fund interesting how even when you can't speak the same language as someone, you know, when someone's talking shit.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we thought that one.
Speaker 2: I was like, I was like, oh, okay, sir, we were.
Speaker 1: He was like trying to, you know, talk about his French rappers versus the French music that we had been listening to. Yes, and Julia like said something just kind of like hit her arm, and I was like, he's not a fan. It's not like that.
Speaker 2: It's okay though.
Speaker 1: So I do think they're part of that for sure. But I think at least in general, like bar when I go out in bars and stuff in America, I can't tell you the last time a guy has October. That was the one time, and I went up to him really like, that was the last time. And beyond that, I don't know that men go up to people, or even strangers go up to other strangers just to make conversation.
Speaker 2: They do, but it's usually it's like you have to wait until so much later in the night. That's the thing that I feel like has been my experience. It's a little bit different. It's like in America, the bar scene doesn't get super social where you talk to people outside of your group until after everyone's already been.
Speaker 1: At the bar for hours and had alcohol and had alcohol. But here it's like immediate, immediate.
Speaker 2: And like the second we walked in, we hadn't even gotten a drink or anything. And that guy, like I don't even know if he could speak English. He was just like, you want to dance, and he like put your coat on the side and just started spinning you around. And then that other guy that started talking to me, he was his friend, so he was like, oh, is that your friend. That's my friend. They're dancing. I was like, they are.
Speaker 1: We were. This guy took like this little cave and there's this little section of the cave that had stairs that you would go and sit in a little table, and he just pulled me over there he goes we spin it. He kept telling me to be loose. I'm like, I am in a corner in a cave. I cannot be loose.
Speaker 2: She had a two foot like radius, and he literally kept be like he's like no, and he kept trying to get me to be loose.
Speaker 1: I was like, I am, but I can't. In this moment. Okay, I'm about to fall downstairs. I have my person, I'm going down the store.
Speaker 2: Like during spinning you he would like step down the stairs and walk back up them. I was like, this is dangerous because Morgan has fallen over like fifteen times today already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Julia has learned that I'm very, very clutchy. It's just a thing. I've knocked over things.
Speaker 2: She now has permanently hot chocolate flavored mittens.
Speaker 1: I spilled like three different on my gloves.
Speaker 2: They smell good. I guess they won't tomorrow.
Speaker 1: They smell like chocolate. It's perfect. So this is this is where.
Speaker 2: We are at.
Speaker 1: Oh Greek man. Yeah, he was lovely and we did talk for like ten minutes, and your husband and we kind of on life. He's actually lives in New York visiting.
Speaker 2: PhD yes and but he don't science.
Speaker 1: He asked, he goes, can I kiss you? And I said, cirta, no, we're not there yet. And I never saw him again, except he did follow me on Instagram, so whatever, he's already asked you had to dinner. Anyways, that is where we are. We are here, and then today we explored and walked all over Paris and saw the sites.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're like, that's been the whole trip. But we We've already gone to the Louver, and we went to Notre Dame and walked through the gardens there. We went to.
Speaker 1: Christmas Market at I don't remember what's the mall. We just went too Cold Galleries Lafayette.
Speaker 2: Galleries Lafayette, and I'm obsessed with like the whole I love like the history of designers, and so We've got to go and go through all the Christian door and chanel shops. And I'm going this way.
Speaker 1: Juliette was in her element element in this gallery and meanwhile I was standing there taking papers of the giant tree in the middle. So we are. We have such different energy on this trip and it makes it perfect.
Speaker 2: Well, I've already been here, so like I've already seen all of the touristy monument I tying to take you to a new place. You had never been to the Layette and that's where I was.
Speaker 1: But I wanted to go because with the Christmas tree, that's like giant. And yeah, I took you because I knew all the desire brands are there.
Speaker 2: No, I'm very excited, especially I already told you this.
Speaker 1: But Daylight in a buck short, that song that's about to come out, Like I.
Speaker 2: Literally talk about door in the song, except it's in a super country way. But I'm like, this has gotta be a door moment. I gotta make a little video of this song here. It is seems like it's a word trip. We get to write this whole bad boy off.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's actually true, but we are both working. We're literally recording the podcast in our airbnb in Paris. There are worse places to be, There are much worse places. And I'm very very thankful, very feeling very grateful and just very excited for where I'm at in this moment of my life, and like, this is amazing.
Speaker 2: I think you're just excited because you know we're about to go drink wine at of baby bottles at some restaurant you're making and go to.
Speaker 1: This is also true. And I'm also gonna get to see the Eiffel Power Sparkle because I love sparkles.
Speaker 2: Okay, wear your cute dress.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we gotta I gotta figure that out. Okay, last thing we're gonna end on before we wrap this up. Favorite part so far, Like one moment, why are you looking?
Speaker 2: That's like hard?
Speaker 1: I wish i'd prepared in this specific moment. Don't think about it too hard because it can change in twenty minutes. But in this specific moment, favorite moment so far you go first, Okay, you go first, Let me think, Okay, I think so far. Mine was making those friends in Belgium because it just added a twist to all of it that was unplanned. Everything was totally unprompted. We hit two of the like drinking spots that were on my list, and we made just great friends who maybe someday we'll see again or maybe we won't. But it was cool connections and it like reminded me how we may have different languages, but like the basis of us humans is connection, and that's all we want to do. Regardless of where you live and who you are and where you come from, all we want to do is connect.
Speaker 2: And it can tell kindness to depend like whatever language someone's speaking in, like you can tell when someone's being kind and when they're not, which is something interesting that's like it really is body language, so much of it.
Speaker 1: And we connected over dogs, so also everybody loves dogs.
Speaker 2: They're puppies everywhere and they're gorgeous. A little one they go go what's the target dog called? I don't know what his name is, No d It was like, I've never seen a dog like that in person. Like, what's the craziest thing you saw in Paris? Yeah, my favorite part. I think I'm gonna go with the chocolate shops because, like you know, I'm I'm a super chocohol. Like I don't go anywhere without chocolate in my bag and I'm talking, I don't go to the studio without it. I don't go on a airplane without it. Like I always have some multiple bars and usually like dark kind of like nice chocolate. It's not M and M's. It's not like a Hershey's bar. It's like nice dark chocolate. And so this was like an experience of really seeing a handcrafted delicacy and something that I already loved so much. And I know that's probably basically like.
Speaker 1: It where it comes from. So even the stuff, like the chocolate we're getting in the States, a lot of it is imported from Belgium because Belgium is the I don't think it's the capital of chocolate, if you will, but it's the city that is known for it. So that you were getting the original chocolates. Yeah, that even like transfers the border to us.
Speaker 2: And there is this one moment that I'm going to bundle all into like one section because it all happened so close. It was within twenty minute proximity basically, or I guess maybe thirty minutes. We went from the chocolate shop where we went from Mary's, where I had already opened up my dark chocolate covered orange pieces, so I'm like eating dark chocolate with oranges. We're walking to Mason Dandy. We're waiting in line to get into Mason Dandy, and you're like, let me go get some fries you come back with. We're waiting in line. I had just had the chocolate. We're dumping or dunking these gorgeous fries in a truffle Mayo Mayo while we're in line to then have the best cafe latte.
Speaker 1: And waffle waffles of my life.
Speaker 2: And that all happened in a span of I'm telling you, like walking from one place to the other, waiting in line. We had all of those like delicacies in the same moment that that's my best moment.
Speaker 1: Well, now I want that to be my best moment.
Speaker 2: It was very Belgium. The only thing we didn't have in that moment was beer.
Speaker 1: That's true, but we had.
Speaker 2: I had two of those cafe lattes, like back to back because you you wouldn't let me sleep at all on purpose, so then we accidentally slept the whole day we did.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know maybe a part two will come, maybe it won't, but for now, this is where we leave everybody and we're about to go adventure somewhere.
Speaker 2: Oh and don't forget, we're going to spend New Years in Barcelona. So regardless of if there's a podcast on it, there will be many stories.
Speaker 3: And lots of follow us at Julia Cole Music, at Webgold Morgan, also the podcast at Take This Personally, all of them, lots of and plenty of content.
Speaker 1: I will make a cute little teaser video where you will see me having lots of random dancing, lots of random dancing, random people, lots of random people.
Speaker 2: But they're been so cute.
Speaker 1: Everybody's so cute. Also, like, if you're an American girl, come to Europe, do it. It'll really boost you.
Speaker 2: Gout drop whatever you're doing.
Speaker 1: Catch up. This is your sign, just like I needed one. This is your sign to book the trip, okay, when it's on sale, so you can get it for really freaking cheap and come out here and live your best life.
Speaker 2: And you can even check for like what places your city more easily flies to if you haven't really traveled a lot of places, and don't you want to narrow it down. You can narrow it down that way, like where can you go in Europe for the cheapest flight? And then just start there because it's really easy to get around once you're over here.
Speaker 1: So much. Catch train, catch it the flight subway in Paris. And if we can do that, I promise you can book the trip.
Speaker 2: Our little metro. We're little metro girlies, now we are. That's like also a different term. I think we ride the metro.
Speaker 4: Okay, well we meant that very innocently. Okay, everybody, goodbye. Oh I should say a good night, but it's good morning, good times?
Speaker 1: Roll? Is that Spanish?
Speaker 2: No, it's French? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is that the only thing?
Speaker 2: Family from Louisiana?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's the one thing we got.
Speaker 5: No, I haven't learned that here. Oh yeah, and uh yep, oh, excuse him, we learn in Paris.
Speaker 2: Don't pretend we learned that here I learned that in French class, okay that was beyond learned from Emily in Paris okay o