Speaker 1: Cut booms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the Old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto cutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse. Wow to Clearinghouse of hot takes, break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air everywhere.
Speaker 3: The Fifth Hour with Me, Ben Mahler and Danny G a Saturday special on this the eighth day of February, the day before the game, and a special bonus here a hybrid version. This is the first ever hybrid version of The Fifth Hour where Danny G, who was producing yesterday's podcast with almost Andy Reid, is hanging out at Where are you at?
Speaker 1: Danny?
Speaker 3: Paint the picture. It's all about fear of the mind. Where exactly are you at right now?
Speaker 1: Danny's early in the morning here.
Speaker 4: Well, you've been listening to our Super Bowl fifty nine coverage all week on the network and I am on the main stage right now here for Fox Sports Radio at Media Row in New Orleans. Live well live to tape for us on the podcast. But it's cool because the Fifth Hour has taken over the entire stage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if you haven't seen photos, it is the most gatty stage there. Amazing. They always go big, and you know there's a lot of the radio stations will go and they'll sit at like little card tables kind of you know, which is fine. I mean, you can do the show from there, that's fine. But now Fox Sports Radio it's like the Grand Stage is like a Broadway stage that they put in the super Bowl every year. I'm lucky enough to go to the last couple of years. I'm not there this year, but tomorrow's the game, Danny. I mean we're almost then maybe somebody will pop on.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's radio row.
Speaker 3: So if somebody pops over, we'll put them on and we'll shoot that, you know what with him and I did want to just get this out of the way early. There's still time to watch Benny Versus the Penny. We recorded that back on Thursday. It's gonna air all weekend and we had a lot of fun this week with props, but we only scratch the surface, Danny. On the props, we only scratched the service on the props, So I thought, since we have the podcast here, we could dive into it Before we do that, though, I need to hear some tales. I've seen some photos of the debauchery. Have some other my radio friends that work for different stations who are in in New Orleans about what's been going on.
Speaker 1: And I know there's a lot.
Speaker 3: Of security because your buddy, maybe your buddy, President Trump will come over and say hello to youamorrow tomorrow. I know your best friends from your radio interview with Clay back in the day. But I know there's a lot of security there because of the President coming to town and just the Super Bowl in general. But it's been Did you hit any parties, Danny's what I'm trying to say. Have you hit any parties?
Speaker 1: This week?
Speaker 4: Every single night of the week I rolled with Coveno and Rich to some sort of gathering. It was the longest week I've ever had at a Super Bowl because normally it'll be like a party, and then the next night you take the night off, and then the next night a party, and then you take the night off. No Cove and Rich were both dragged out of the garage by Julie Talbot on the regular as if they one was a portion, one was a lambeau out of her garage. And it was funny because at these get togethers we would see Julie across the room and she'd say, Coveno and Rich, come over here, I want you to meet X and why in this person. And there was a client dinner, there was a client lunch. There was lots of advertisers here, like rapid radios, your buddies who, by the way, Ben drank everybody under the table.
Speaker 1: Those boys can hold their alcohol.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're from Michigan right the way they.
Speaker 1: Were, Yeah they are.
Speaker 3: Oh the way they ran rapids, I believe Grand Rapids.
Speaker 4: Might as well have been I don't know, name name a very drunk Canadian province.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, well the drug estate is actually Wisconsin in America, but I in Canada.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: What do you think Manitoba? Did they drink the most in Manitolba something else to.
Speaker 5: Do in Manitoba.
Speaker 4: These dudes were drinking as if they were straight up Canadians.
Speaker 5: Oh god. Yeah.
Speaker 4: At one point one of them was mumbling something to Colin Cowherd at his party, and we're like, oh no, but Colin was high on niquil himself. So it all worked out. All, it all evened out. So yeah, there were some really cool parties. There were some good dinners. We had a big client luncheon. Also, the nice people of Travis Matthew were here and Maco and a lot of the different sponsors. You hear us doing the live reads for on Fox Sports Radio. We're in the building and it was cool to talk to all of them, and they asked about you. They asked about all the different shows and all the different personalities on the network. So just no, I pulled the curtain back and told them way too many stories about you.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know about that, but I think what they need is to just focus on the podcast, right, Danny, We got to blow this thing up, right, We got to plow next level, next level, man, you gotta you got your You're right there.
Speaker 4: You're in the belly of the beast. Oh, they don't let the super bow. Yeah, they don't let any show take the stage. Your numbers have been so big on the Fifth Hour podcast that they actually let us take over the entire stage for today's pod and then we'll do the mail bag. So be a good weekend here in New Orleans for the fifth hour.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and it is an odd week though, and I'm obviously not there, so uh, it's for our purposes.
Speaker 1: It's like there hasn't been that much to really talk about. As far as the.
Speaker 3: Game, it's been pretty pretty quiet. It's mostly been about NBA trades this week, which is I know the NFL people probably don't care because you know, it's everyone's gonna watch the super Bowl anyway. But I feel like in years past there's been more. There's something I don't know what it is about this week, but it's like all these trades in the NBA, and it's I've gotten more reaction from that.
Speaker 1: But I'm looking forward to watching them.
Speaker 3: This is a legacy situation for the Chiefs, and you know, who knows if we'll ever see.
Speaker 1: I don't know we'll getting older, Danny.
Speaker 3: I don't if we'll ever see a team have a chance to win three in a row again. So if they don't do this, you figure out how many more years is Andy Reid gonna coach and all that. As far as like the game itself, and so it's to me, it's interesting, but I just feel like the NBA trades have upstaged the NFL, which is kind.
Speaker 5: Of yeah, no, and it's been.
Speaker 4: It's weird out here because normally the talk at the bar and the lobby of the hotel is all about the big game. Instead, You're right, every especially wearing my Lakers gear or any of my LA gear.
Speaker 5: Not LA gear, but the gear of l skipper gear.
Speaker 3: He got some Clipper gear now, yeah, my man, all right, it's hip the clip not right now, right now, but yeah, they got Dogdanovich.
Speaker 4: Not LA gear what you buy from Costco, not that kind of LA gear his shoot. Yeah, but everybody will come up to you and say, so, what do you think about Luca? And then of course Dalton connect got dealt so the Lakers could get the big man they were looking for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that I mean, I don't do a heard old basketball because you're at the super Bowl. But I will tell you, Dane, everybody just talking about it. But I mean the Lucas stories the Mavericks are putting out and there are stories by the way about this guy Williams who they got that you know, who knows. I mean, there was a story this week like his last game with the Hornets, he was like dogging it and he wasn't hustling, and it was like, I don't know, It's well, we'll see how it shakes out.
Speaker 4: But yeah, and how about fat man syndrome has come out of the Lucas story too, because after that story broke the next day, we're in the lobby here and one of the bar backs at the lobby of our hotel where they were serving appetizers to all the media people that were sitting there eating like fat cows. They were the fat ones, not me. I had a water in my hand at the time. But this bar back comes barreling through and has to cut in between Covino and I and he was carrying like a roast beef po boy, which are delicious here, by the way. And as he's trying to cut through us, he looks right at me, Ben and he says, excuse me, big guy, wow, And I instantly I was like, why did he say it like that?
Speaker 5: You know? And so I felt like Luca out here for the rest of the week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a term I use because even though I lost a lot of weight, I'm still a big guy.
Speaker 1: I call it fit fat. You're fat, but.
Speaker 3: You're fit, like Luca looks like he would be fat, fit, like he's got a little bit of the Pillsbury dull boy thing going on.
Speaker 1: But he's he's able to play. He's put up great numbers.
Speaker 3: And then there was that other story about how you know he's even though his numbers are good, he doesn't get back on defense and all that. Suff I don't know, we'll see how it how it shakes down as far as that, But I do have some prop bets for the super Bowl that I didn't We didn't get to these on the TV show. We got to a bunch on the TV show. If you watch Benny Versus the Penny, if any, the producer of the TV show did a great job, you know, putting everything together and all that, and it really flows. But we only have a half hour. It's a half hour, and so we have a little more time here to kind of go over the props and we need someone to keep track of them though, because we're gonna be much too busy Danny to keep track of these, right, I mean, we'll go over them and we're gonna shut up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I think all the Fifth Hour podcast listeners know we have a staff of two yes, yes, yes, somebody's raising their hand right now to write this down.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think Ferg Dog is gonna do it. I think Ferg Dog Fergie will do it. If not Alf, maybe both will team up and we'll do that. So these are actual props by the sports books here. A lot of these are from bet Online. There's some from DraftKings, which is a great sponsor, and some of the other websites that we've kind of compiled here.
Speaker 1: Here's one.
Speaker 3: Will Tom Brady be a top ten trending topic on X during the Super Bowl?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Is minus two fifty? No is plus one seventy. That's an easy yes.
Speaker 1: I agree. That's why it's play minus two fifty.
Speaker 3: And whether Brady's good and he says something interesting or whether Brady blows. Either way, it's going to be a trending topic, right either. I mean, so either he's good or he's bad. But there's no way it's not.
Speaker 5: We were talking.
Speaker 4: We were talking here, Buddy Andrew Whitworth the ram legend. Yeah, kram it all day, ku, ram it all night over here he was reminant for mister clean, which makes sense.
Speaker 1: It kind of looks like him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: And in fact, Covino said, so you're gonna play mister Clean in a commercial, and He's like, what, No, I'm here for mister Clean.
Speaker 1: Did they give you any mister clean? Did they give?
Speaker 4: Oh, it's packed in my suitcase. And Whitworth told the guys been big wit, as his teammates used to call him, said that it's crazy how much criticism the announcers get nowadays.
Speaker 5: That's pretty much the same as the players.
Speaker 1: That's right. I tried doing an overnight talk show.
Speaker 3: If you want criticism, yes, I'm getting I'm still getting hate mail. It's two days later, Danny I did a monologue praising the Hall of Fame voters for not putting Eli Manning in the Hall of Fame. And you would have thought that I had had sent Eli Manning to like the war, you know, some kind of Siberian war zone or something like that.
Speaker 1: The way people are upset, Yeah, it's the way of the world.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: But Tom Brady, Yeah, he will definitely be a trending topic for sure. Here's a fun one for tomorrow's Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: How many times will birthday be said? Now?
Speaker 3: It's Takwan Barkley's birthday, right, And I think there's another Eagles player that is having a birthday on Sunday, So over under one and a half and over his minus one thirty, under his minus one ten, I'm gonna go over. I think it's obvious here whether Barkley plays well or not at least a couple times, and.
Speaker 1: It's his birthday.
Speaker 3: You know, he has a big run on his birthday, he had a big run or if he doesn't have it, well, he's really struggling on his birthday, you know.
Speaker 1: So I think there's got to be at least two mentioned. I think that's an easy one. What about you, guy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, same, Because the networks eat up this kind of crap. It wouldn't shock me if they did some sort of graphic on the screen with like a Saquon birthday cake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I could totally see that.
Speaker 3: And also, this is not one of the official props, but how many times will our our friend almost Andy Reid, who I had on yesterday's podcast be shown he's I heard a rum where he's going to be on the Fox pregame show for the Super Bowl tomorrow. So keep an eye out on Almost Andy Reid and we'll see he's he's in town. Now, he was in LA yesterday. He flew to New Orleans last night. But he's he's going to be out partying. And I think he's out partying tonight, Danny with like a Taylor Swift impersonator. So they're going to be out. What a scene that must be there with the beads and all that.
Speaker 1: My god.
Speaker 3: Anyway, how many times will Donna Kelsey be shown?
Speaker 5: I don't want. I don't want to know how almost Andy Reid is getting his beads.
Speaker 1: By the way, it was fascinating. He talked about it on yesterday's POT. But it's like it's pretty crazy, Like he goes out.
Speaker 3: In you know, he's just a lookalike and people they can't even tell. They think it's actually Andy Reid in full uniform walking around town.
Speaker 1: He's fascinating.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's a ringer dead ringer.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's amazing. Anyway, Donna Kelsey, how many times will she be shown on TV? Of course the mom of Travis Kelcey over under one and a half, and I think this is awesome. Over is minus one twenty under his minus one twenty. But I think this is an obvious over also because Danny, she's likely gonna be sitting next to Taylor Swift. So yeah, you know they're gonna show Taylor at least once. They'll they'll want to focus on her, but she'll be in the shot. So I don't know how she's not on two times.
Speaker 5: At least once.
Speaker 4: I mean, Taylor Swift is probably gonna be on the screen in front of our big fat faces at least five to seven times.
Speaker 3: So well yeah, but even if she is, but then then you're gonna be jumping up and down if the Chiefs have a big play, right, or if they don't have a big play, like oh they're sad, you know, sad, Tam.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're gonna show the mama of the Kelsey's at least twice.
Speaker 3: Well, here's a fun one, and this involves Tom Brady and Kevin Burkhardt on the Fox broadcast tomorrow for the Super Bowl. And this is the who's what will be said first during this is our Propapaloosa, by the way, in the fifth hour, So what will be said first by Tom Brady or Kevin Burkhard And we've got let's go at minus two hundred and goat at plus one point fifty. So this is I like this, because if you've watched Brady at all, Danny, I know you have Tom Brady when he is broadcasting on Fox. There are certain things that we all have. There's certain things that we say that we keep repeating. They're these what's the like one of my what's the word I'm thinking of here? Where they just they're like worm, they're getting your head.
Speaker 1: You just keep repeating them.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think of the word I can't think of right now, but not really important. So things that we just repeat non subconsciously, we just repeat them. So Tom Brady when he's calling the games on Fox and he's he's doing the whole play by play thing, there's certain phrases that he uses like he can't stop. I mean, he's just not over and over. And I'll give you an example on some of them because I have taken copious amounts of notes here, Danny, when watching Brady, and I don't watch every Brady game, but he's making thirty eight million dollars a year.
Speaker 1: Good for him.
Speaker 3: He says wow a lot. If you drank every time he said wow, you'd be drunk by the end of the you know, the end of the first quarter. Oh no, there's a lot of oh no. He loves the word juice. Tom loves the word juice.
Speaker 5: Kind of like the way you say milk with an e all the time on.
Speaker 1: Your show, How Daarrey. I don't know. I was one time and I was out of context. He says either juice or more juice or no juice.
Speaker 3: And guy's milked up the game within the game, the Jimmy and Joe's and all that.
Speaker 1: So he's got all of those lines that he uses.
Speaker 3: So as far as the broadcast, I'm trying in my head wrap my head around what will this be like? So Burke Cart will start the broadcast on Fox. He will then bring in Tom Brady. So he said, will he say let's bring in the goat? Or does he say let's go to the goat? He could say let's go to the goat or here's the goat. So you're getting some line value with goat, Danny. Yeah, So it's a it's a tough call, right.
Speaker 5: Or he could mix his with yours and say goat milk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or he could really piss you off if you bet, let's go. He could say go let's or say goat, let's go goat let's that would f us.
Speaker 1: Off right, that would be be terrible. What else do we have?
Speaker 3: Which owner will be shown first during the broadcast? You've got Philadelphia's owner Jeffrey Lury and Kansas City's.
Speaker 1: Owner Clark Hunt.
Speaker 3: And I think this is easy. Also, there's a lot of easy props. I think, so this one. Jeffrey Lurry is minus one seventy five, so you're not getting a lot of line value Danny, but he is one of these diva owners that needs to be on every time you watch the broadcast of the Eagles. You know, it's like Robert Kraft, Jerry Jones, and Jeffrey Lourie are the.
Speaker 1: Top three who must get attention.
Speaker 3: So I don't I don't see Clark Hunt on TV nearly as much so because the Eagles owner is more of a hot dog and more of attention.
Speaker 1: Whoror I gotta go with the Eagles.
Speaker 4: Ask us they're going to talk about how the Eagles acquired the birthday boy Sa kwon before the season, And when they keep talking about that and hammering that, they'll keep showing LORI And when they.
Speaker 3: Show video of Andy Reid and he coached the Eagles, they could say, well, Jeffery Yarry, the Eagles owner, he had Andy Reid, and yeah, there's.
Speaker 4: A thing that's coaching both franchisees history exactly.
Speaker 3: There's also an Andy Reid prop of on television. Which clip will be shown first, Andy Reid is Eagles coach? That's minus one twenty or Andy Reid punt passed and kicked at minus one twenty?
Speaker 1: And where you're at on that one, Danny? Which one?
Speaker 5: I don't know which way to lean on that.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go the punt pass kick because the Super Bowl's not just about us, right, We're meeting potatoes people the super Bowls for the person that's not really a football fan. And how you know, you're trying to relate to moms and stuff like the women that may be run into sports. I know there's a lot of women listening to podcasts that love it, but there's a lot of women are just kind of casually watched because everyone else is doing it. So what at what better way to relate to the normal human experience. Well, here's a little fat kid, Andy Reid, or tall fat kid, not little at all, but here's what he was like as a little child.
Speaker 1: And now look at him now.
Speaker 5: He looked like a freshman in college and that video.
Speaker 3: I am still blown away that when Andy first got the job with the Eagles, I was doing local radio in LA and we had him on and I had no idea who he was.
Speaker 1: Nobody knew who he was.
Speaker 3: We did about fifteen minutes with him on the radio, and all we did was talk about Tommy's Hamburger's, chili, cheeseburgers and all his stuff because he's from LA and he worked at Dodgers Stadium briefly. And Uh, it's just the thing that he's likely going to end up the winning his coach in the history of the NFL if he stays healthy.
Speaker 4: Uh. Just yes, how weird that the two of you did fat guy radio? Unless yeah, unless it's not weird.
Speaker 1: No, No, it was great and he it was wonderful.
Speaker 3: And I remember the producer said, hey, we got this guy Andy Reid on I said, who the who the f is Andy Reid? Because he had been with the Packers, but he wasn't a coordinator. I think he was the quarterback coach or something like that. Maybe he's the offensive line coach, but he was with the Packers. But he wasn't a coordinator for what was the guy's name, Holmgren, Mike Holmgren, who was the coach in Green Bay, And so I remember, yeah, I remember that. All right, here's another prop we can talk about post game. The first person to post on social media between Donald Trump and Taylor Swift Donald Trump, President Trump is minus five hundred and Taylor Swift is plus three hundred. So the big odds it favored Donald Trump. And I think it's kind of clear. Donald the president loves social media and Taylor. I don't really follow her on social media, but I don't think she's.
Speaker 1: On there nearly as much.
Speaker 3: Plus, if Kansas City wins the game, won't she be down on the field with the confetti and the balloons and all that, So she will she be able to send a message while she's busy doing that stuff.
Speaker 5: Now you know Trump is going to be down on the field. Oh is he?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I caught wind of that.
Speaker 1: Really is he going to be part of the celebration after?
Speaker 5: Not after?
Speaker 4: But I want to say before the game, at least that's what I heard. He is on the field.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well that's big balls, man, that's next level.
Speaker 5: Well, that's his middle name.
Speaker 3: I understand. I think Trump will definitely send something out and this is not one of the problem. Do you think anyone because most Super Bowls, somebody runs out in the field, they get paid by a gambling website, and usually it's a large breasted woman that runs across the field that.
Speaker 5: You're taking us all the way back to MORGANA.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well not that large recently, but there were some dudes that did it. But nobody wants to see dudes run across the gold A. Do you think that we'll see somebody run across the field? That's the first thing. And b because everyone knows that President Trump's going to be there, will some whack a doodle try to make some kind of political statement because Trump's in the building.
Speaker 4: I think this security is so heightened here in New Orleans it would surprise me if a wacka doodle gets on the field and runs around.
Speaker 5: It really would.
Speaker 4: Okay, Plus, are you going to spend that much money on a ticket so you could do that and get taste?
Speaker 3: Well, normally, what I've told has been happening is in the past is the whoever pays you will pay you.
Speaker 1: They'll say, I'll bail you out. Of jail by for the ticket.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it's all planned out, and but you got to find somebody who's not humble.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't. I'm modest. I would never take my.
Speaker 3: Sure, but there's a lot of people that would. Absolutely. I think Iowa Sam might do that. What do you think you think Iowa Sam would run across the field there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Iowa Sam is back at the main studio in Sherman Oaks, California, taping us right now.
Speaker 5: Back on.
Speaker 3: He's back with me, Iowa Sam, My guy, Iowa Sam.
Speaker 1: I'm fully clothed right now. Oh you are Iowa. That's good.
Speaker 3: Who's your favorite Philadelphia Eagle player, Iowa Sam?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Well, I just said I texted you guys the name Cooper de Jene because it's also his birthday on Sunday.
Speaker 1: But all time I thought that was your favorite.
Speaker 5: Oh, he's the rookie. He's the rookie.
Speaker 1: Defensive white guy. He's a white guy.
Speaker 3: Defensively, he's exciting white as they call him.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 5: Here's the racist drop when you need it.
Speaker 1: Racist? Who what else do we have to see you?
Speaker 5: I'll put it in post production?
Speaker 4: Racist?
Speaker 1: All right? We have a bunch of other props about Taylor Swift.
Speaker 3: Uh, I think we can kind of figure out by now that there's gonna be no proposal, right, They're not.
Speaker 5: No. That is that.
Speaker 4: I don't even understand why anybody thought that was in the cards, because Travis is not going to want to take attention away from his teammates. If the Chiefs do three pete, do you think he would want to make it all about himself?
Speaker 5: Like you said, Ben, You and other radio.
Speaker 4: Personalities or TV personalities would do that, but not a guy who's playing a team sport.
Speaker 1: What if they lose? How great would it be if they lose?
Speaker 4: They're celebrating And then he was like, oh, oh yes, that's my dream scenario is that the Eagles win. He still proposes to her on the field and she says no, and they both go away forever.
Speaker 3: And she runs away the other direction and runs to her helicopter to take off and fly away and that's it. And then she writes a bunch of songs about what an a hole Travis Kelsey is and lives happily ever after. Will Taylor Swift be shown live after Kelsey's first reception?
Speaker 2: This?
Speaker 3: I think this is kind of an obvious one. I think this is Yes, it's minus two hundred. Yes, No, is plus one point fifty. So I'm going yes on that again, because it's not your normal football game.
Speaker 1: It's not just about the game.
Speaker 3: You know, even during a normal game, they'll show Taylor Swift, but you're trying to get the people that aren't aren't necessarily there for the game. Like my brother, my older brother, he watches this every year with his wife works in marketing. They have a place in Manhattan, marketing firm they work at, and she kind of owns the place.
Speaker 1: But they they watch it for the commercials.
Speaker 3: They don't they don't not really football fans or anything like that, but they'll watch it. And so, but Taylor Swift kind of part of that. I feel like she's part of it because because of all that, So I think.
Speaker 1: That she will be shown. I'm gonna go yes, I'm gonna go yes.
Speaker 3: Now, this is a fun one. Which will be higher Danny Taylor Swift live shots or Travis Kelsey catches.
Speaker 5: Let's see higher? Higher? I would say Coop at a super Bowl party.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, well, I here's a fun fact. Now, Coop's having a super Bowl party tomorrow and I didn't. I didn't know this, but I asked Lorraine, I said, where are you?
Speaker 1: What are you doing on Sunday?
Speaker 3: I'm going to this. I'm going to Coop's house for the super Bowl party. I didn't get invited, not that I would have shot, but I wanted the opportunity to turn down the invitation. But I did not get the opportunity to turn down the infantation. So I was kind of bummed out about that. Dan I thought, well, maybe I'll get that opportunity. But I did not get the opportunity to turn down that unfortunate so that did not It did not happen at all.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 3: You know, I know it's not a normal pod because it's you know, you're at the super Bowl and we're doing this hybrid thing, and I hear a lot of activity. There's a lot of people moving around, a lot of moving parts there, Danny right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, running around and all that.
Speaker 4: Lots of producers and TV talent and radio nerds. They're all running around and scattering trying to tape their last minute things for the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: And it's kind of like if you've never been to radio row and the public's not allowed there anymore.
Speaker 1: They used to be allowed in, they used to let people in and all that.
Speaker 3: But back in the I guess back in the early days nineteen hundreds, it would be like being on the Atlantic City Boardwalk. There's a lot of slick marketing people that kind of wander around Prounce around there, and they're they're trying to a lot of them have people that you'd necessarily don't want to have on, but they try to convince you to have them on so they could do a commercial for like, uh.
Speaker 1: You know whatever.
Speaker 3: I don't know, like Bounty. Yeah, Bounty had Emitt Smith. Remember we had Emmett last year? Yeah, last year, I think, Yeah.
Speaker 4: And this year Bounty has been giving away wings for free to all these all these I ate them too, all of us media.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The update point. Let me let me give you your boy, Rob Parker.
Speaker 4: Rob Parker, either props or praise or just criticism. I don't want to criticize it because I understand, but he took too many free boxes of these wings. Each box from Bounty had about probably ten wings in it with three different dipping sauces dippings, and you could take They only would allow you four boxes at eleven am, so eleven am. All these you know, freeloaders are lining up at the bounty booth to get the wings, and every single day, even if because only one of the days this past week did I go to that bounty line, Rob Parker was there light clockwork at eleven am.
Speaker 1: On the dot.
Speaker 4: I saw him one of the days we Covino and I were walking past the bounty thing and he was the first person in line. They hadn't even opened up the window yet, and this guy comes walking to the set bend with three boxes stacked on top of each other. He was balancing it trying to not let any of these wings crash to the floor. This dude ate so many damn wings all week long. And he looked at me and he said, if.
Speaker 1: It's friends for me, oh that's great.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, So my grandfather would say what a hawser would say that, man, if.
Speaker 5: The company pays, we're getting fillets.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It reminds me when when I did something baseball back in the day, there used to be rookies make as much money now they still make a ton of money and all that. I mean, they're insane, but there were guys that would they get if you're the Major League, you get paid a per dim every day, whether you spend it or not. But it's for you know, traveling. Back in the old days it was for taxis, but now for ubers and food and stuff and just incidental. So you get I think it's like putes. Yeah, it might be like two hundred dollars a day or something. It's a lot of money. And a lot of the guys who are rookies would not spend any of the money. They would take the team bus to the hotel. They would eat because they provide food in the locker room before the game and after the game, and so they just po Like if Rob was a baseball player, he was the guy that takes the bus, doesn't take his own transportation each the pregame meal, yeah, postgame spread and saves all the money from.
Speaker 4: Lackadem per diem And you know, iHeart used to do that. The very first Super Bowl I helped with about seven eight years ago, they gave us a check prior to us leave for the Super Bowl, and I thought to myself, Oh, I could be real creative with this per diem money and then put the rest away for my kids college fund. Yeah, but I heart caught onto that, and so now we have to just keep track of our receipts.
Speaker 3: Oh well, the old move there too, they took all out of it. Oh there was not that I did this then, because it'll be wrong. But one of the great moves before everything was tracked on credit cards and cell.
Speaker 1: Phones was.
Speaker 3: And I heard this from a buddy of mine who's a sports writer who traveled a lot more than I did. And in the old days, you'd take taxi cabs and the cab driver just wanted to get you out of the cab.
Speaker 1: He'd say, do you need a receipt?
Speaker 3: And they would throw the I remember in New York, New York City, they had these yellow the yellow taxi cabs, which aren't as there aren't there as much anymore, but they would give you a stack of yellow taxi cab receipts just to get you out of the car so you could fill in whatever you wanted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you could. I didn't the end. Remember that scandal with the NBA officials.
Speaker 3: They were given money for first class plane tickets and then they ended up spending they downgraded to just coach, and then they pocketed the money and stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you see people do that in different industries. And let's just say right now in the fifth hour podcast, it's not good to do that to your company.
Speaker 5: Never do that. No.
Speaker 3: Well, fortunately I don't have to worry about that because I'm not invited to these things. But if I was, I would be upstanding. I would not I would not take advantage of the company at all.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you wouldn't buy Starbucks gift cards ever. You would never do such a thing.
Speaker 1: No, I would never ever do that because that would be wrong. That would be wrong. All right, we'll get out on that, Danny.
Speaker 3: You'll be back tomorrow before the game and then heading back to LA So we'll have another podcast on Son will do the mail bag and we'll have some fun with that and see what else pops up. So anyway, have a wonderful rest of your Saturday, and we will chat.
Speaker 5: With you tomorrow. Pasta pasta myopulation.