Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This He's Talking Cowboys Straining live.
Speaker 1: From the Dallas Cowboys World Head Course at.
Speaker 4: The Star in Frisco, Tag Burgers. Here's dot TI TI TI today, textdown and now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 5: Listen here Talking Cowboys Nation are Talking Cowboys fanily.
Speaker 6: We love you guys. It is the holiday season.
Speaker 5: It is a season where we share all sorts of love with each other, and we want to make sure that you know you are appreciated. If you were tuning in at nine am on this day when the playoffs are so thin, the chances probably out the window by the time you take the field coming up on Sunday, we know.
Speaker 6: You're a diehard.
Speaker 5: So this makes this day a little extra special and it might be the final time we get to do it here in twenty twenty five, with.
Speaker 3: Even the slightest of hope still alive for this season. So I need this to be with everything you got over the next fifty minutes, because yeah, we're gonna go along for a little bit today sorry, Chris Beam, It's going to be madness because this is say it with it, Jess.
Speaker 1: I'm getting cabs.
Speaker 3: Bring the gears, Dear, they'll see Josh throw in the are from the family dive if he Jeff keeps us up, say chess, you're just.
Speaker 5: Friday and it's sixteen in the NFL seasons in the Chargers ready to take the field at.
Speaker 1: At and T statement.
Speaker 5: We got the whole casting crew ready to be the rock today with Patrick No see Walker shots, Rodriguez, Isaiah standback, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeoman's so glad you're with us.
Speaker 6: Woo man, everybody your side, we are.
Speaker 3: We're in the S studios as always.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 5: Gotta make sure that one's in there. You said a playoffs. I love thin mints than mints are good.
Speaker 6: Do you like him this time of year though, they're already like kind of like.
Speaker 1: Cold man perfect. I don't want to warm thin minute. It wants a melted thin mint, but it's a thin mint, so it's still there.
Speaker 7: Keep it in pocket too long?
Speaker 5: Yeah, keep it in the fridge right, Oh absolutely, yeah, that's the number one way to do it.
Speaker 1: And the brazer remember your pillows be on your pillow. You know, well you see you? You saying that just makes me wonder how much longer we as a civilization have to wait for the girl Scout cookies to come back around, because you know it's a seasonal thing. I did not partake last year. I'm proud of you, thank you. No, actually, nor did I, but I shall next time.
Speaker 5: I always partake, so I may not this year.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to cut so mean as it is cutting season.
Speaker 1: So the seasons over, bro, your boys about to go slim? Gym Yeah, tell you that heat stick.
Speaker 6: I got my I got my gym bag right here.
Speaker 1: I got my special concoction right here.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're gonna lose five pounds just by drinking whatever the heck that is.
Speaker 7: That's definitely a sponsor.
Speaker 6: It just looks like you you threw like a metal into a.
Speaker 1: It was just water. Did you know what I did? I took a scoop of grounded black rifle coffee.
Speaker 7: Yeah, dumped it right in there.
Speaker 1: Shake that thing.
Speaker 6: That should pre work out.
Speaker 1: Take it to the head. Mm hm, take it to the head.
Speaker 6: He's good. Welcome in, everybody.
Speaker 5: We are glad you're with us got some news and notes, but of course later in the show, we've got to get your popcorn ready.
Speaker 7: Well that's today, that is today due Oh well I got you?
Speaker 1: Oh good, cool, damn right, it's today.
Speaker 5: Your popcorn is always ready, it's never stale, it's always friend, it's always buttered up.
Speaker 7: Amen, brother, thanks to you, Chubby.
Speaker 5: And if you don't get that reference, you're gonna have to go just one episode.
Speaker 6: You don't have to go very.
Speaker 7: Like referencing ourselves.
Speaker 6: That's a single episode.
Speaker 1: Sorry, guys, you all right, pat let's get into some news and notes, all right, so we'll end with something that we need to discuss absolutely, but let's get right into uh the injury report for guys who aren't potentially headed to I R Okay, So Tyler got still has not practice. We'll see what he does today, but still not trending in the right direction. Yesterday he was still on the bands with Britt Brown, so still not impasted on shelves or anything. So it's just not looking like Tyler guy and is going to get ready for Sunday concussion Tyler, Yeah, it was sorry, yeah, yeah, Angle trying to keep up. But there were a couple of us there were speaking of Okay, so Quentin Williams and Hunter lip Key both are in concussion protocol, but they both practiced in the limited capacity yesterday, so they obviously passed a couple of benchmarks in the protocol to be able to get on the field yesterday, So some good news there. They still need to pass the remaining benchmarks in order to be cleared, but they are making progress, which is definitely a good thing. Off five absolutely well, you don't like these were Ceedee Lamb missed the second practice in a row. Yo. The illness, so you know he's he's really battling that. So we'll see if it's the same illness that's going around. I will say, because it hit me, it hit Josh is going around now.
Speaker 6: Gave CD Lamb an illness?
Speaker 1: Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 7: I mean, let's just when somebody talks to stations. He talks to CD Lamb all the time apparently, so maybe he didn't blame Patrick Nosey Walker. Please do it on Twitter, throw and loud and often.
Speaker 1: Throw it on the pile. Throw on the pile. I'm the reason of six seventy one. So uh yeah, ceed Lamb. We'll see if he practices today. If not, that doesn't necessarily preclude him from playing, because again it's not an actual, uh physical injury, it is an illness. So ceedee lamb. He's a veteran all pro. He could you know, theoretically not practice at all this week and still take the field be all right against the other Chargers. So keep an eye there, guys who are making progress. Josh Butler making progress as he you know, came back to practice on Wednesday, so now he's had two practices in a row. Trayvon Diggs continues to practice, albeit in unlimited capacity. Cowboys have to make a decision on him by Saturday, or they lose him or he reverts. I should say the season ending IR film MafA. He's making progress as well. Savone Revel dealing with some sodness in his knee. I talked to you guys about that last week. I did speak with Savone Revel again. If that's okay with you.
Speaker 7: It's not as impressive.
Speaker 6: Damn wow, Damn we played in like four games.
Speaker 1: Jesus, don't devalue work like that. God, that's rough. You made a lot.
Speaker 5: Savon but Nohoma, he's Carolina.
Speaker 7: He talked to Doc Yester.
Speaker 1: They're just trying to the reason to do that thing. But no savone revel. He did tell me that he was dealing with a good bit of Sowans last week. He did still play. He was limited Wednesday. Spoke with him Wednesday after practice and he said he was working through it. Yesterday he was in better spirits. I said, hey, so how's that going. He was like, yeah, it felt a lot better today, which was yesterday, and he was able to do more yesterday than the day before. So good news there.
Speaker 7: We have a comment in the the YouTube chat, Isaiah is so old he keeps the thin mints in his pocket with his worthers.
Speaker 1: Those are awesome.
Speaker 6: Scotch.
Speaker 7: You didn't deny the claims at all.
Speaker 6: Let's go.
Speaker 1: He's like, those were in my grandma's little glass there. Really like the wathers though. I like just actual butterscotch and the gold wrapper. It's the unmarked gold wrapper that's better than I don't disagree. Yeah, that's better than. My grandma also had candy corn in that in that glass. I don't do candy. I didn't either, but my grandma told me wraps on.
Speaker 6: Oh, we've had this conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like candy, you like candy corn, you like you can't over sweep potato on.
Speaker 6: I don't know, man, No, hold on, hold on, hold on. People right now are googling.
Speaker 7: I don't know where they're going.
Speaker 1: I said, you like pumpkin over sweeping tail.
Speaker 6: It's about saying, you know what.
Speaker 1: The renewal for your the renewal for your cookout call, it's coming.
Speaker 6: Oh my, you know what.
Speaker 7: The perfect response to.
Speaker 1: Your cookout card is coming to do.
Speaker 7: And we're gonna have to have you know what the perfect response is. I'm busy that day. I don't want to go.
Speaker 8: I can't make it to the I can't make it to your cook out anyway. Brother, I got my own cookouts work. How about you worry about making tie. I'm having my own.
Speaker 1: And it's got candy corn.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, it's so awful.
Speaker 1: Probably eat black liquorice too. No, my mom did that. Bro. In the hood, I used to have to walk to the corner store of Parnelles bro And go grab some black licorice and a dime bag of ginger. Nod they sell dining bags of ginger when they sell down bags, but not it was.
Speaker 7: Got to move on.
Speaker 9: From Let's move on from that out of ginger, all right, I said, I'm gonna edit that without the gener.
Speaker 6: Get them, get them.
Speaker 7: Okay, So talking cowboys starts at nine ten.
Speaker 1: No, we've been talking boys who time. So speaking of things like, you know, black jelly beans and candy corner, other things that should shouldn't auseate you. It's firm because you said black jelly bees, black licorice, all the nasties, all the nasty things. That's a reference you have to know to know. Okay, stop.
Speaker 7: I hate my gums.
Speaker 1: Because they're so black. All right, man, listen, I'm trying. Man, I'm trying. I'm trying because I know the reference. I have actual water in I Okay, listen. All right, So coming back to the injury report, things you don't like to see, including candy corn and the like, you don't like to see Deron Bland, he said, heading back to IR, which is likely going to happen with only three games remaining yesterday. Since you're going back to yesterday's episode to get in on the Chubby and Tubby inside joke, what you will also notice is I mentioned that Deron Bland showed up on the injury report with the foot issue, I did identify it yesterday as the same foot that he had surgically repaired. I think it was like the foot. I was like, yep, the foot. And it is looking as we feared in that the Josh Butler returning to practice window is not a coincidence. So it appears that Deron Bland is having some issues with that surgically repaired foot that could in fact require additional surgery on the foot. He's seeking a second and maybe even a third opinion before he moves forward with that. But as it stands on the conversations I had yesterday and listening to Brian Schottenheimer to day on one of five through the fan, sounds like Dorn Bland is heading to ir but the expectation is that he will be ready for the start of training camp. Of course, you have to put an asterisk next to that when you're talking about this foot with Doran Bland, because now what I would just say is, let's just see how it goes in the off season.
Speaker 7: I have a quote maybe going we wei wei all the way home due to that piggy.
Speaker 1: Suit you did there, Yeah, suit you did there. Foot surgery. Quote for me, it was not to be clear that was not Brian Schottenheimers. I know that the way he segued that kind of made it seem like that was no shoty, there was no we we we remind me what was the original injury? Oh it was it was stress fracture. Yeah, stress fracture, the one that hit him right before the twenty twenty four season, cost him ten games last season. So yeah, it was it was a foot surgery. Sucks, man. I can't speak to a stress. I had a list Frank, a completely little Frank coming into the draft, Jordan. So when I got drafted by the Cowboys, I was recovering from my list Frank, right, So they took a chance on me in that regard. I got back healthy, but I could tell you to this day, to this day, I still deal with that foot being jacked up. You know, I have to wear, you know, specific shoes. I can't just wear any pair of shoes. I have to be very conscious of what I'm wearing. If I'm wearing some flat shoes, I have to wear insoles all the time. There's days where I wake up and I'm like limping, and my wife's like, what the heck is wrong with you? I'm like the foot again. She's like, oh, the foot, Like, yeah, the foot. So I can say that feet are complicated when it comes to recovering from the surve race. Man, it sucks. Man. So I feel for him. I know how frustrated he must be because there's so many moving parts in there and you can't do anything right, especially as a defensive back a rankled So I kind of harken back to Deron. Bland's injury isn't as devastating as far as what occurred inside the foot as list Frank or what Jordan Lewis had, which was actually worse than Liss Frank. Right, his bones shattered, he lost the arch in his foot, he had to have a custom cleat made with no arch all of the YEA, you're saying, remember that, but I say that to say all surgeries suck. Some suck more than others. Back surgery, like what Isaiah just went through a few months back, that sucks because it's on your core, your back. Everything moves through your back with your foot. It could be completely fine today and then tomorrow you wake up and it's it's it's taught. It doesn't. It's not really flexing. It's painful, and he plays a position where there's a lot of cutting and breaking in and out of routes to try to, you know, get his coverage. So yeah, also, so I could see why it's cropped up again. But that's why I say put an asterisk on the Cowboys expectation of him starting training camp, not on the pup list, because now this is becoming a recurring issue. Yes, sure, so.
Speaker 5: Sucks anything to a second surgery in the same spot. We don't know if it's the same spot, but it could be the same foot, same spot, whatever it is.
Speaker 1: It sounds like, I can't speak too, sounds like it's the same spot. He said on the fan this morning. He said it's over time, it wore down. That's the quote. Oh, I don't know medically what that means, and I'm not going to speculate, but it just sounds as if it's the same injury that just is regressing over time.
Speaker 7: Being less than one year is alarming.
Speaker 1: To Yeah, so that's what I mean. So now it's just let's see what happens. What you say, Nah, just I mean, I can't speak to having a second surgery. My foot surgery took two surgeries. So the first surgery was to reattach all my ligaments and put my bone structure back in my foot back together, so they put three screws in there. During the rehab process, I actually broke my screws. Oh yeah, that guy. And then the intent was to go in and remove those screws once your foot had actually formed back in the way it was supposed to want the ligaments around. So I had two surgeries to put the screws in and then the pool screws out what they could remove. At least for me. The second surgery sucks, obviously, but that was a part of my one surgery per se. You know what I'm saying that the original this is doubling down on the original injury. So it's never a good thing when you have to go back to repair what you already repaired. I've had three labor shoulder shoulder surgeries, so I could speak to having to go back on that and it was never the same. It still isn't the same, So I hope that's not his future. But it's not reassuring that they have to go back in on a foot. It's not promising and really quickly you can segue to the second segment, which I know this is something that you'll probably want to talk about in segment. Keeping to the defensive side of the ball, let's go to the coaching side. Matt Eberfleu spoke yesterday and he said that with three games remaining, he's going to move from the sideline to the booth to change his view of things and he's hoping that that creates a positive change. And I'm just going to leave it there because I have thoughts that I wove voice in the second segment.
Speaker 5: Hmmm, well, we've got to get your popcorn ready in the second so we do, so let me we voice it.
Speaker 1: Why'd you wait? Go ahead?
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 5: He also one thing he did say yesterday too was he felt like Trayvon Diggs looked good at practice. That was his quote, Trayvon Diggs looked good at practice. And that you can take that with a grain of salt, and especially.
Speaker 1: With with Sodom Salt, Salt Mine, but Thought Flats and Salt Lake City.
Speaker 5: The thought process there is if Doron Bland is out, then you're expecting either Trayvon or Josh Butler to be available.
Speaker 1: So to fill him in, just just to recap. This is one to make sure you have the right image. Don Bland's out as of right now. Trayvon Diggs is still out on Rebel. Is still from his surgery. Yeah right. He doesn't sound like he's all the way back healthy either.
Speaker 6: He's still wearing an embrace.
Speaker 1: He's gonna need a Yeah, I completely agree. I think. I mean we've said that before, right, he was watching him on film, didn't look healthy, and now he's coming out and saying that he's dealing with soreness.
Speaker 7: Kaylen Carson, who had probably his worst game of the season this last game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but but health wise, there's three Yeah. Oh yeah, you're you're thin Mint. You're thin Mint.
Speaker 6: Even Carson has been in and out of the lineup this year too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're thin Mint. Going to back up?
Speaker 7: Shout?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I I prior to sign.
Speaker 1: No may get to the second seven.
Speaker 5: Prior to prior to the news for Deron Bland, I think I was trending towards Trayvon not playing and just seeing his time with the Cowboys kind of fade off into the limelight. I think he's gonna play this week based off of the availability and thin. You're at the position you need a body. Just throw somebody out there and see what happens. And I think it would also diminish the story.
Speaker 1: A little bit too. Sorry you just did you just say, just throw somebody out there. See what happens with the highest paid defensive your team.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well it's better than sitting him on the sidelines for three games.
Speaker 7: But that's us. Yeah, that's the decision made by the staff in the front office. Story though, throw somebody in there.
Speaker 1: How much is the contract ninety seven? Throw them in there?
Speaker 5: That post June one cut saves you about six million dollars. All right, when we come back here on Talking Cowboys, it's time forget your Popcorn, an extra special extra buttery segments, buttercut.
Speaker 6: Of get your pop corner.
Speaker 7: Coming knocking it.
Speaker 5: Up, trying to gaslight? All right, when do we come back with more Talking Cowboys?
Speaker 1: Right after this? In the hood, I just have to walk to the corner store parneales bro and go grab some black licorice and a dime bag.
Speaker 2: Every day begin with a promise, a promise to work hard and to build a future. That's why we're here providing the tools expertise and John Deere equipment you have relied on for generations to help you get the job done right.
Speaker 1: We're with you.
Speaker 2: That's our promise to you, because no matter the project or the challenge you're facing, where with you?
Speaker 5: Where are United Cowboys Vans? We've got big news. Black Rifle Energy is now available at Texas seven eleven stores, and for a limited time, you can score two cans for just six dollars at participating location.
Speaker 6: These cans pack.
Speaker 5: A serious punch, two hundred milligrams of caffeine, veteran crafted flavor, and the clean energy you need.
Speaker 6: To power through those long days.
Speaker 5: So the next time you roll into your neighborhood seven eleven here in Texas, grab that two for six dollars Black Rifle Energy deal and fuel up the American Way. Black Rifle Coffee, America's Coffee.
Speaker 1: How's it going. You see that Cowboys game? Oh? I watched.
Speaker 10: I've been seeing some good thanks totally. They have some talent, You have some great talent, and they got some fight. Hoping this is the year me too. Oh, I'm Cody. By the way, I'm Travis.
Speaker 1: Nice to meet you. Travis. Go Cowboys, Go, Cowboys.
Speaker 11: Make a new friend based solely on their shirt choice. What would you like the power to do? Bank of America, the official bank of the Dallas Cowboys, Copyright twenty twenty five. Bank of America Corporation at AT and T.
Speaker 12: We guarantee our network so you can talk college football with your bff while taking Buster to the vet.
Speaker 1: Hey, yeah, I can't believiate the whole thing of chicken wings.
Speaker 6: And I can't believe we're staging a comeback to.
Speaker 7: Your staying connected matters. That's why, in the rare event of a network.
Speaker 12: Outage, you'll automatically get a bill credit for a full day service for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by single incident impacting ten more towers must connected to imact tower. Don't set it out it restrictions and exclusion apply. Set dot com SLUH guarantee for full details.
Speaker 1: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Back here on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: This segment brought to you by Invisi Line, the official Smile of the Dallas Cowboys. Back with Patrick Nose, Walker, Isaiah stand Back, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yo, Josh Rodriguez.
Speaker 6: It is time.
Speaker 7: I'm going to give Chris Beam thirty seconds so that he can move to the page with the drop. I am wasting time.
Speaker 1: Right now, Beam, hit me get your popcorn right.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much. You all know the deal. It's a bold prediction segment with a cinematic twist.
Speaker 1: I've got a.
Speaker 7: Triple faux film feature for y'all because there are too many movies and you've got to chew baby, and you only get one ticket each, only one.
Speaker 1: I don't like those words.
Speaker 7: You only got one ticket, Isaiah. That's how the world works, man, You only got time for one way talk all right. Survival of the Fittest is the first one.
Speaker 5: Sorry not to interrupt, but somebody in the chat was like, they didn't cut the audio in time.
Speaker 6: They thought that wasn't on purpose. Oh my, oh, definitely purpose.
Speaker 7: Definitely on purpose. All right, keep doing all right. Survival of the Fittest is the first one. Phrase was originated from Darwinian evolutionary theory, which describes natural selection where organisms best suited to their environment or more likely to survive while the less suited die out during evolution. There's a different species on the other side of the ball this week, and his name is Charles Derwin James, and he's out there hunting big game, trying to get the Cowboys receiving cores endangered. All right, the stat prediction is the Chargers Darwinian theory proves correct and holds the Cowboys under twenty points, making the way for evolution as the Cowboys twenty twenty five season goes extinct.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, evermone felt like icy cold.
Speaker 5: It's dark nice I expect like a rain stark in the in the middle of the night.
Speaker 7: It's a dark era, guys. It's a dark part of the season anyways. Dokness everybody Darkness movie number two, Herbie Unloaded talk about a get right game for the Chargers on line, Nana, this ain't the love Bug. La is gonna need to take that volkswaggon into the shop because it ain't built forward tough. Just justin Herbert Bomb's Sunday Afternoon like the box Office for a terrible Disney remaxed Starry Lindsay Lowhead.
Speaker 6: Ugh, that was an awesome movie.
Speaker 7: Load low that's a terrible movie.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: I had Nascar in it. I was all for it. I loved that movie.
Speaker 7: Nothing like the original Love Bug. All right, ste prediction is justin Herbert is sect four times.
Speaker 1: Not taking that.
Speaker 6: That's it's gonna go unclean.
Speaker 7: Wow, alright, fine the Holdovers, guys, we need a Christmas movie. Right, So the Holdovers, those who've been eliminated, can start planning their vacations, get time away, get their Christmas plans in order. But the Cowboys aren't technically out yet. Yeah, it's like watching everybody else play outside while you're hammering a weight at extra credit assignments because you didn't get it right during the season. Oh, because he didn't quite get it right during the season. Can we all find this silverlining? Can we make shift a family and still have merry Christmas? Can Paul Giamatti? Fine, love that the secactual movie actually, But the idea here is the Dallas Cowboys. They rally together, they create a brotherhood, a family for this Christmas time, and they commit zero turnovers and fewer than five penalties because they've been averaging eight per game.
Speaker 1: Man, your tickets are hard to buy. Man, did you raise the price on these tickets? These things expensive?
Speaker 7: It is the holiday season, after all.
Speaker 1: So test the season the price galage. I guess.
Speaker 5: Four?
Speaker 7: All right, the Holdovers Dallas come in zero turnovers and less than five penalties. Herbie Unloaded were sacked four times justin Herbert and Survival of the Fit is starring Charles Derwin James holding the Dallas Cows to under twenty points.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'll take the I'm gonna go with the holiday movie. I'm gonna go to the Holiday movie. I think that the Cowboys will mount up and play a little bit more disciplined football. Not perfect, it's not gonna be perfect.
Speaker 5: That's nearly perfect. Zero sacks and five less than five penalties. That's quite perfect football.
Speaker 7: No zero sax, zero turnovers.
Speaker 6: Oh sorry, zero turnover Okay, I thought it was zero.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because give zero sex. I was like, I'm misheard.
Speaker 7: No, yeah, it's a team staff that makes more sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so zero turnovers, less than five penalties. I think that's that's possible. As they try to end the the season at home on a high I mean into that home, being that this is their final home game. I think they want to do their best to go OU don't know, high note at home.
Speaker 7: That's what don't get a playoff game, Patrick, that's if we don't get a playoff ga yees.
Speaker 1: So it's the final game this season, and I do think they play cleaner football? Do I think they play clean football? Not so much? So I'll buy that ticket. Okay, the Holdovers, the Holdovers, give me the Holdovers.
Speaker 7: It's a great movie, though, please watch Okay, fair enough, I'm taking the Durwin movie Survival of the Fittest.
Speaker 6: Survival of the Fittest.
Speaker 7: They're holding Dallas to under twenty points.
Speaker 5: I hate to say it, yeah I do. You've got ceedee Lamb coming off in illness. I don't know if this is necessarily the Jordan flu game for for CD Lamb.
Speaker 6: I mean, this is it's the end of the season.
Speaker 5: We'll see what happens on Saturday. Going into this matchup, I'm I'm not as hopeful and this is gonna just look ahead to my pick in the final segment, but I'm not as hopeful for this Cowboys offense against Chargers defense.
Speaker 6: I think it's a bad man so, I mean.
Speaker 7: It's a bad matchup on multiple fronts.
Speaker 5: But yeah, absolutely, but definitely on that matchup be what.
Speaker 1: I can't believe they were picking the same movie.
Speaker 6: That's kind of where I'm at.
Speaker 7: Survival of the Fittest.
Speaker 1: I thought it probable. Yeah, of the three selections.
Speaker 5: I thought about the Herbie movie just because the they've been so bad pressure wise, but we talked about that earlier in the week as well.
Speaker 6: Where is it going to come from? Where is the to David the pressure going to happen? Maybe?
Speaker 7: Maybe hopefully Lenny Clark, Kenny Clark.
Speaker 5: Hopefully we'll see what Quinn williamsbility is if he's but he's in't but Flus is in the booth.
Speaker 7: Guys.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm gonna take the Survival of the Ferrell So was Mike Nolan.
Speaker 1: So that was a phone for people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, don't we got a strong strong.
Speaker 7: So oh yeah, Adapter die. Dallas Cowboys twenty twenty five season is almost coming to an end. Ketch Popcorn ready is gonna be shown.
Speaker 6: We picked them all before you got to wrap up.
Speaker 1: That's all right?
Speaker 6: Sorry, Now what would you have chosen?
Speaker 7: I think I'm going with I want to desperately buy to get to the holdovers. I want to see just a clean game I want to see I don't want to see the Cowboys beat themselves anymore. I really want to see a sound game. I want Shoddy to have a perfect game. I really really do. I think that would be very important, especially you know, considering these are the last three games of the season, and you need that sort of momentum going into an offseason, like you want to have positivity, you want to look forward to something, whether you're out of the playoffs or not. I just don't necessarily think that's going to happen against this Chargers team. I think there's still time to have that perfect game, but against the Chargers that I don't see it.
Speaker 5: So you mentioned Shoddy there. Outside of Shoddy, who needs to have their best game of the season for Dallas to end up winning this football game?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, that's that's that's fair. That's that means it's a good thing to Booth. Will power him up, Everything will be all right, I.
Speaker 7: Mean ahead of you. In tandem with that, though, I feel like your linebacker Cord needs to have a great game. I really do. I think that needs to be a focus going forward because if you can get that right with this unit, again, it's just you want to carry over that momentum at least for the last few games and then also into the season. I tell you they can get right here or here.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you You're not wrong about the linebackers, but I think who needs to have a bigger game than the linebackers is the same core of players that is being ravaged by injury and uncertainty. And that's your cornerbacks. That's your cornerbacks. We talked about keenan All and some of these other guys and how Justin Herbert often will just throw it up and say, I know my guy's down there somewhere because they can, you know, new work from yesterday out athleticize you. Right. So the Cowboys are just in dire straits in the secondary, particularly at cornerback. It's just it's not a good matchup. It's just not so Ebafus is going to have to coordinate out of his mind. In addition to the fact that the players who are being tasked with's stepping up Caylen Carson's revel they like they're going to have to play out of their mind. If Josh Butler is activated, guess what, first game back after having not played in over a year, He's going to have to play out of his mind. Trayvon Diggs, if he's the one activated and he has a lot on the line going into this offseason. He's going to have to play out of you. There's a lot of players in individuals I'm saying, have to play and coach out of their mind to win this game. And I just don't see any too many things have to be perfect.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's good, and that's not a good thing.
Speaker 1: Billy, No, it's not a good thing. It's not a good thing. It's not a good thing. So I do think they'll play hard and check out the science lab call him from this week on the dot com dot com, where I talked about why NFL players do not tank and and why coaches like Brian Schotenhammer are not going to coach them to tank. So I don't think they're gonna lay down't think they're going to give it their best effort. But what does that look like? I guess we're about to find out.
Speaker 5: It's a really good article online, by the way, you took a look at it this morning.
Speaker 6: What do you think Isaiah's best position group that needs to step up in order to win D line?
Speaker 1: If you D line is trash, you don't stand a chance.
Speaker 7: If your D line's what trash.
Speaker 1: Give me one person on the defensive line that you have really slaps up and has a great game. That is unexpected.
Speaker 13: Awsa, Awsa will come to forever has been he's been, I think has been overlooked obviously since the new editions have showed up.
Speaker 1: So I think that would that be unexpected though I'm trying to give you a save your chest, trying to give him a sale with his chest moment.
Speaker 6: We literally grabbed his chest.
Speaker 1: That's fair. He grabs his chest every day. Wonder about has there been a game this year where you're like, oh, it's a balled out, yes, win, Now you're gonna make me look but I remember they were Raiders.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he bawled out in the Raiders Raiders game and then Philly that.
Speaker 1: Stretch you had three game stretch. When he's another three game stretch, you're going to say something a bid more spicy.
Speaker 6: Who who would you classify as reach?
Speaker 1: Don't you unexpected? Not with potential, but maybe in past rush I could see if as Roku can get one and a half sex, I think that would be saying it with my chest mmmm, and unexpected and unexpected.
Speaker 6: Just because he hasn't provided the pass.
Speaker 1: Right right and because they're now putting him in that masters and men up front.
Speaker 5: Well, they're not the same monsters, all right, it's not that banned. It's it's like the backups. There's no Rashawn's later, there's no Joe alt Like.
Speaker 1: They're not the same as it was their double hand. But what what man, no koy Isaiah, Go to break, now, go to break.
Speaker 6: We got we do have pickums coming up. What do you say?
Speaker 5: What do you say with the cable guy list they've given up more pressures quarterback hits in sacks than any offensive line in the league by like a lot.
Speaker 1: I just don't know why you say it with the cable guy lisp.
Speaker 5: All right, we are going to go to break when we come back, give us a call eight A eight eight five five two two nine seven, be a part of our pickham segment and we will get you on the phone line when we come back with more talking cowboys right after.
Speaker 12: This at AT and T, we guarantee our network so you can talk college football with your bff while taking buster to the vet.
Speaker 1: Hey, yeah, I can't believiate the whole thing of chicken wings.
Speaker 7: And I can't believe we're staging a comeback. Staying connected matters.
Speaker 12: That's why in the rare event of a network outage, you'll automatically get a bill credit for a full day service while its downtime lasting sixty minutes and more. Caused by single incident impacting ten more towers must be connected to impact tower. Don't sit about it restrictions and exclusion applying s eet dot com Slash guarantee for full details.
Speaker 5: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 1: If you shout how about them cowboys?
Speaker 14: You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better yet, Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 7: The wins will be even tasteier. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 5: Cowboys fans, We've got big news. Black Rifle Energy is now available at Texas seven eleven stores and for a limited time, you can score two cans for just six dollars at participating locations. These cans pack a serious punch, two hundred milligrams of caffeine, veteran crafted flavor, and the clean energy you need to power through those long days. So the next time you roll into your neighborhood seven eleven here in Texas, grab that two for six dollars Black Rifle Energy deal and fuel up the American Way. Black Rifle Coffee America's Coffee to.
Speaker 1: The Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Backyard Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company. Black Rifle Coffee, Make sure and wear your cowboys gears. Yeah, rifle coffee location on game day, get ten percent off your entire order.
Speaker 6: Does that have a star on it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? The other sides there it is.
Speaker 6: That would count. It would certainly count.
Speaker 7: That would count, Thank you. That would count.
Speaker 1: About this necklace?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think so if you put like an actual necklace on it is.
Speaker 6: Dreadlocks. I like it.
Speaker 1: But okay, I like you man, shut up, you are it's whatever author author.
Speaker 5: The entire day, yesterday, entire day after our show, whenever Isaiah started making the Obafemi references, which is a w W E n x T star.
Speaker 6: Just a monster of a man.
Speaker 5: For those that may not know he is, he was a shot put it or like Alabama, he's my massive. He was walking around the office showing everyone he possibly could the video of what he's referencing, including Nate Newton, and Nate was like, bring him in.
Speaker 6: She's like three fifty jacked. It's pretty wild.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 6: It's our pickham segment.
Speaker 1: We do what every week.
Speaker 5: We picked six games, including five non Cowboys game and then the Cowboys game with the score. But before we get into our pickums, it's time for a Beamer bulletin.
Speaker 9: Alright, guys, Isaiah boy your pickham game.
Speaker 6: The last two weeks have been trash.
Speaker 7: He went one in.
Speaker 1: Five last week. The last two weeks you've.
Speaker 7: Gone, let me do them one in eleven.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so you've lost the lead to Josh and the fans collapse and uh and it looks like Kyle and Patrick are still tied for last Brother's Baby.
Speaker 1: So I'm still in second place, Fusion.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're rebuilt third third place.
Speaker 1: Really my eyes were because I rebuilt for third place.
Speaker 6: You still get a first run pick epic collapsed.
Speaker 5: Man, Yeah, falling apart, you know, just just like the Los Angeles Rams last night.
Speaker 6: But pick what the pick better?
Speaker 7: Bro that game, Isaiah, that was not a two point convert.
Speaker 1: Goodness, you don't think it was.
Speaker 7: It was no, I refuse, you can't advance a foomble.
Speaker 6: But he picked it up in the end. I don't like it.
Speaker 1: He just pictured it, picked it up.
Speaker 6: I don't like it.
Speaker 1: He picked up the cup. Mmm. That was a hell of a game.
Speaker 6: That game.
Speaker 1: And magic McVeigh. He's got some questions to answer.
Speaker 7: I turned it off after that second red zone Interceptor was like, okay, I'm going to bed.
Speaker 1: Woke up.
Speaker 5: Sure we were calling the game over there last night and my engineer in the back of the booth was watching it because he had taken the Seahawks money line and like plus one, and he was like, oh man, I'm gonna lose money, Like I just I can't believe this because it was like thirty was what is it? Thirty to fourteen at one point is and then like we did one segment, one segment of the of the broadcast last night from from like the start of the third quarter to the middle of the third quarter. When we went to break, he just like hopped on our headset and goes, it's tied, and we were like, wait.
Speaker 6: What it was that quick? It was a wild game, was all right?
Speaker 5: Our guest picker today, his name is Rob in Jersey.
Speaker 1: What up? Rob? Rob?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 6: How you doing good? To have you on, appreciate you calling. Well, it seems like I'm the only one that did call.
Speaker 5: At least right now, that's the case. We only got two phone lines. That's that's all we got. So we've got you on the line, and we are going to have you for these next six games.
Speaker 6: Let's start with the Packers and the Bears. Patrick No c. Walker's gonna get a starting and.
Speaker 1: The Bears many their last match up the North Food that was something that was something to watch. I don't know. I can't believe him saying this, but I don't think I don't see the Packers sweeping them. The Bears get their lick bag. I think the Bears get their lick back on this. I'm taking Chicago. I like you, Josh.
Speaker 7: I've been on the bandwagon of eleven wins for the Chicago Bears since the beginning of this season.
Speaker 1: So let me go, uh Bears, give me Al Harris.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna take the Packers. I'm gonna try and game it. I'm gonna take the pack on the road to get it done. No mic Hat to win, no Micah, no problem.
Speaker 5: It will yeah. I hope he gets man. I hope he comes back. I really do all right.
Speaker 6: Vikings at the Giants. Vikings at Giants.
Speaker 1: Oh that was quick, and this will be as well.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna take the Vikes as well. Give me the Minnesota that's not what she's Josh, Vikings and who the Giants?
Speaker 7: Vikings?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And while you're laughing, Isaiah, I forgot to go to Packers and Bears with with Rob what's your what's your pick for Packers and Bears? Okay, good, so you and I are are in lockstep, all right? Go back to Vikings and Brian Flores. Brian Flores and the Vikings. What do you think, Rob? I'm gonna go with the Vikings too, all right. Buccaneers at Pantle, crucial game in the NFC South, really big time game. They're playing for their playoffs. Isaiah, what you got the Bucks?
Speaker 7: Give me the Panthers the pounds.
Speaker 6: You're going against Baker Mayfield.
Speaker 7: He's so hot right now, is he?
Speaker 1: But you're going against him.
Speaker 7: He's not not playing too. Panthers just really handsome.
Speaker 1: Panthers recently have had some moments where it's just like what and they look like the normal Carolina So I'm going with the Bucks and Baking Mayfield this time.
Speaker 5: Second game back for Mike Evans. I think he starts to click again. Give me the Buccaneers, Rob, another good receiver.
Speaker 1: Over there too, place. I'm gonna go with the Panthers.
Speaker 5: Going with the Panthers, could pick. This is a stinker game. We've got some good ones and we've got some stinkers. This is another stinker. Falcons at Cardinals.
Speaker 1: Give me Kurt Cobain.
Speaker 6: What just and the Falcon? Is that the Falcons? Okay?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 5: Their starting quarterback is Kirk Cousins. Kirk Cobain is not a part of that. He's from Seattle though, right right, what do you think, Josh?
Speaker 7: It smells like teen spirits. I'm also going with the Falcons.
Speaker 5: I'm with you, brother, I'm gonna I'm gonna say the Cardinals randomly win one.
Speaker 1: With Arizona Cardinals.
Speaker 6: Okay, so we're gonna be tied at the end of the bottom of the list again.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 6: And I'm still being that's true. All right, rob what you got I mean you can. You might not get it right, but if you do, that would be wild.
Speaker 1: I almost say it one last night, zero zero with the Falcons. Unlike that. Going with the.
Speaker 6: Falcons, all right, Patriots and the raven This was a good one.
Speaker 7: Patriots, easy wow, wow, easy money.
Speaker 5: I'm taking New England here as well. I don't think it's easy. I think it's gonna be a good game. But give me the Patriots.
Speaker 1: I'm taking Baltimore. This one will be more. Yeah, I think this is now, you guys, this is this is a Jim Harball culture game Like, that's right, Yeah, you.
Speaker 6: Said, Jim Harball. John John John, there's too many horroralls this week.
Speaker 1: Man, it's John. I was like, two harbors don't make a run, all right, one definitely doesn't. Rob asked Michigans.
Speaker 6: Taking the Patriots?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 7: Wait, hold on, before you ask about cowboys. I want to ask Rob the question. Okay, Rob, have you seen the Jersey Devil?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 8: I had.
Speaker 7: Please briefly, can you briefly tell us about the Jersey Devil and where you saw it? And how?
Speaker 1: Oh lord, my goodness, Oh.
Speaker 6: Man, we're going back.
Speaker 1: We're going back to the nineteen eighties. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 7: Where did you Where did you see him?
Speaker 6: I tore them in East Rutherford and back then?
Speaker 2: Back then?
Speaker 7: What like, what did it look like?
Speaker 6: It's horrible?
Speaker 7: Have you guys never heard of the Jersey Devil?
Speaker 5: You never heard of the Jersey Devil, a legendary creature from South Jersey folklore said to inhabit the pine bearns, described as a winged kangaroo like bees with a horse's head, bat wings, hoofs, and a forked tail, Originating from the cursed thirteenth child of mother Leeds in seventeen thirty five.
Speaker 1: Wait, so you mean to tell me? And I'm asking this seriously because I thought you were just talking about the hockey. Say so the hockey team is named after it, and the hockey team is named after that.
Speaker 7: Uh, it's a myth. I mean it's legend. But he's seen it.
Speaker 1: Oh there's his mute. The South knows nothing of that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we have our owner, that's all. I just want to know if you've seen it.
Speaker 1: I thought we were talking about it does in Northwest? We haven't. Yeah, he saw the team.
Speaker 5: That type of devil.
Speaker 12: I've never seen that type of devil.
Speaker 1: He was talking about the hockey game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was talking about the hockey.
Speaker 1: I watched like.
Speaker 5: One night on like a Tuesday, like in the eighties, nineteen eighty six.
Speaker 7: I got a pair of free tickets. Like, man, I'm the same family.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna apologize for Josh and his four klor.
Speaker 6: Rob, I appreciate you, brother.
Speaker 7: This guy Stacks's interesting watching YouTube video. Check it out.
Speaker 1: You got him all the way off Guard were like, oh yeah, did I get those free tickets? Yeah?
Speaker 5: And Rob is like, I'm never calling this show ever again.
Speaker 1: I even remember who's in the penalty box? I saw the new Jersey Devil.
Speaker 5: All right, Rob, let's go Cowboys Chargers at AT and T Stadium noon kickoff on Fox.
Speaker 6: Who you got in the game? And what's the score? Oh? I'm gonna live and die by the Cowboys.
Speaker 8: I just got to regardless, let's see twenty seven.
Speaker 6: Twenty one, twenty seven to twenty one Cowboys. Appreciate your problem.
Speaker 1: Rob was like, Yeah, you've never.
Speaker 6: Heard of that before.
Speaker 7: All right, guys, Later, Buddy, Rob appreciated away from the watch out for the Devilins. You has never heard rocket see before.
Speaker 1: You said the up Joe. You didn't need to, but you said Rob up to fail was classic.
Speaker 6: So much confision for whoever's listening right now.
Speaker 1: I so much confusion.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's so funny.
Speaker 1: Just like you know what, dude, I'm so not from up there?
Speaker 6: What you got? Cowboys Chargers?
Speaker 1: I think Cowboys to give it. They're all I think they play a cleaner game. They're going to do everything they can to leave with a win in their final home game of the season. However, we talked about the cornerback situation and the pass rushes has not been what it needs to be so. Yeah, I think they give a valiant effort, but they're just outmatched. They're outmatched. So I'm taking Chargers here. You know, that's just the fanboy and me. Chargers thirty five Cowboys twenty four to.
Speaker 5: Do, Cowboys fall twenty seven to seventeen Chargers winning, Josh.
Speaker 7: Chargers forty Cowboys, Oh twenty, but no, seventeen.
Speaker 6: Wow, forty, there's seventeen. Yeah, you think it's gonna be that type of it's gonna be about.
Speaker 1: Oh man, at least took them down off the forty.
Speaker 6: That's true.
Speaker 1: You got my forty, homie, what do you think? Isaiah? Wow? Thirty eight sixteen Chargers?
Speaker 5: Okay, Hoodie in the chat said fifty six to fifty five Cowboys.
Speaker 1: In an instant classic, So it might be that would be fun.
Speaker 6: We're gonna end on us on a high note here on talking cowboys. That's gonna do it for us this week. Hope you had some fun with us.
Speaker 5: Hope you got some laughs, some infos, some things that can make you the smartest in the room. Coming up this weekend, be sure to join Isaiah Barry, Oh no, Barry. This week, Isaiah, Nate and I for Cowboys pregame live eleven am Central Time. You can catch us on Dallas Cowboys dot Com and then if you're local in the Dallas Fort Worth metroplex, you can find us on TXA twenty one as well.
Speaker 6: But that's gonna do it for us.
Speaker 5: Noon kickoff Cowboys Chargers on Fox for Patrick Nosey Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah Standback, Chris Beam in the back. I'm Kyle Yoman saying so long. We'll see you next week with more Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com Come and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club