Speaker 1: Hello, everyone, Welcome back to Bachler Happy Hour. I'm Joe and I'm sorry enough and we are so happy to be here. Today we are going to be recapping the second episode of The Golden Bachelor, second episode of Bachelor in Paradise, and then later in the week we have two guests, Nancy and Hannah Brown, who stirred up a lot of shit in Paradise, which was great. I enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed it too.
Speaker 1: One thing I will say about that before we recap Golden the castmates every time she asked something Hannah if they felt like they had the answer.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. I know.
Speaker 3: It's so funny when you watch these shows, because you would think that there was a gun into their head being like answer honestly or you're kicked off the beach, and it's like no one would know if you just like said like I'm good, things are like lied.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then you saw like the spark in Hannah's face realizing like, oh, they're really just gonna answer everything I asked.
Speaker 3: I was like, this is going way better than I expected, Like I'm getting everything plus more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, They're all just like, oh, I can't believe you asked me that, So now I got to answer, if we were.
Speaker 3: To ever go back down and do a cameo in Paradise, which hopefully one day we will get the chance to, I would love to do the.
Speaker 1: Truth Star Tull circle. Yeah, that's that seems like a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: And usually I hate the truth circles because they're always like really emotional and you end up getting people's like deepest darkest secrets and traumas from their childhood.
Speaker 2: But this one was fun. It was just like stirring up shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I agree. Great, Okay, let's recap Golden shall we.
Speaker 2: I'm so ready let's do it.
Speaker 1: So, first thing, we see the women arrive in the mansion, which we don't really see that on the show anymore, I think because they used to do it probably, but like this is the first time that Golden Women have ever stepped into the mansion and then are sleeping there, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like we usually see like we're here, we're at the mansion, yay, like kind of like just the arrival, but I feel like we got to see more of the mansion than what they usually show us in terms of like the bedrooms, the bathrooms and you've never see it at the mansion, and neither have I because you went home night one and my season was shot at NEMA Colin, So I was actually excited to see what the bedrooms look like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of crazy that neither of us have seen the bedrooms in them.
Speaker 2: I've never even stepped foot in the bathroom.
Speaker 1: And we're hosting the official Bachelor.
Speaker 2: I know what makes us qualified to be here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it is like it is in one of the women like, yeah, like I'm seventy years old, I am set in my ways, which I completely understand because I feel like I'm setting I'm set in my bedroom ways already. You are like, I don't like sharing your room with anyone besides you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't like sharing a room with anyone besides me, And you really don't like sharing a bathroom with anyone besides.
Speaker 1: Now I need my own bathroom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a big, big issue, not an issue, but like it's a big deal for you.
Speaker 2: It's fair. You like your privacy quarters.
Speaker 3: So I can't even imagine how these women felt, being like who's And I actually thought about this. I was like, how are they going to do this? Bunk bed situation because I can imagine it's not easy for all of these women to climb up to a top bunk.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: I don't even like climbing up to a top bunk.
Speaker 1: I didn't even think about that.
Speaker 3: Wow, okay, well, it's like what did someone call it? Someone called a big girl camp. It's like big girl summer camps. It's one of those things. It's a shock to the system when you get there. You're probably never going to fully love it, but they'll just kind of get used to it as it goes on.
Speaker 1: So in walks the camp counselor Jesse himself in it's the first date card.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: It is a big deal, very exciting, and very funny because Nancy, who is one of Joe's favorites and we're very excited to talk to her more in our interview, goes, oh what.
Speaker 2: Are you going to do with that?
Speaker 3: Oh you're not going to read it like she had no clue what was going on, which was very endearing.
Speaker 1: I love Nancy, nance that's my girl. I think I got her. I think she's the winner, but we'll see.
Speaker 2: I can't remember who we picked as our top four.
Speaker 1: Nancy's in my top.
Speaker 2: I know she is, I can't remember she's a mine or not.
Speaker 1: So then Teresa gets Teresa gets the first day card, which was surprising.
Speaker 2: Was it surprising? Who did you think it was going to be?
Speaker 1: I didn't. I thought it was maybe going to be the blonde's who's the blonde woman?
Speaker 2: There's a few of them, Joan Joan thought it was me Joe.
Speaker 1: I thought it was gonna be Jon.
Speaker 3: Okay, I didn't know who's going to be. I thought maybe Leslie, maybe Nancy. But Teresa totally made sense to me because they did share like a really cute special moment on night one with the cupcake and the kiss.
Speaker 1: I just felt that Teresa there was potential of her going home and not getting arose that first night because she was like one of the last people to talk to Gary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they like made out hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. That's true. That's true. You're right, you're right.
Speaker 3: And I feel like he seems to like in with kind of a soft, very sweet, sensitive, caring demeanor. Not all of the women, but I feel like like Faith and Teresa kind of have that like warmth, like very very warm.
Speaker 2: Softness to them. Yeah, not that they're not strong women, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I feel like he also kind of has that like sensitive softness to him and like he's kind of connecting with those kinds of women.
Speaker 1: And Teresa, one thing she said that stuck with me is she got married at eighteen, I know, and then married for I think it was like forty years plus. Yeah.
Speaker 3: She said that they were high school sweethearts and that he got drafted and they got married so very young. I mean, when people say that I got married young at twenty five, I'm it'd be like, mm hmm, check out my girl, Teresa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Teresa, and it worked so and it worked. There we go and now she's ready. She's she seems to be very ready today. She seems to be wildly into Gary, like she's really into Garty.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, like emotionally and sexually, she's down for Garrett.
Speaker 1: I agree. Well, let's first let's talk about the death drive. Yeah, of him out in LA Highway at night. No had no bachelor. You're gonna give this guy a car with broken headlights?
Speaker 3: I know, And honestly, like I am a little bit of an anxious driver.
Speaker 2: I don't really like driving.
Speaker 3: I'm not a good driver, that's for sure, even with my fate confidence. So like, as much as I'm twenty five and I can't imagine what it feels like to be in that position at seventy one, I would have been very, very nervous. Like I would have been white knuckling the wheel for sure if I was in their position. So I can't even imagine how they felt.
Speaker 1: There you go, that's it. Remember I said I had a dream last night where I was driving and I lost I lost vision.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's definitely what that's from.
Speaker 2: Joe.
Speaker 1: Golden Bachelor is.
Speaker 2: Just dreaming about Golden bachelors.
Speaker 1: I think Golden Bachelor is now at this point has given me multiple nightmare It's taking.
Speaker 2: Over your subconscious. This is not the first time you've dreamt about this show. It's really impacting your life.
Speaker 1: So Teresa, Gary, they go on a little diner date. It's got that Hary met Sally vibe. Very cute, a little a little cheesy, but they're having fun. And that's like when people when when you see people like really enjoying themselves, it's fun to watch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like when you do a really cheesy date and you could tell the people like aren't really into it. It feels just like a little awkward and forced. But they're both kind of cheesy people, yea, And you could just tell, like I was like, oh, this is so corny, but like she was smiling so big. You could just feel the happiness and excitement like radiating off of her of like how special that night was for her. So that kind of made it less corny and more cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were, Honestly, they seem to both be having the time of their lives. And then after the whole dance and the flash mob, Gary was so happy and just like Teresa, will you accept this rose? He like gave it to her like you're my girlfriend, I know, and she.
Speaker 2: Was like yes, Like oh my god. It's like kind of a movie moment, to.
Speaker 1: Be honest, I wonder if he picks her.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think she's definitely going far. Like they have a real connection. And I do think the conversation of them talking about him losing his wife and her losing her husband, like you definitely see there's a special connection with the women and Gary who have lost their husband.
Speaker 1: See a lot of that this episode, a.
Speaker 3: Lot which actually not really sad but like there's something that they're bonded by, right, and they both understand what that feels like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so let's let's let's cut to uh Franco slash Fabio shoot Franco.
Speaker 2: And did you ever meet Franco? Have you ever had a date with him? I?
Speaker 1: Actually, I don't know. I don't think so, I don't.
Speaker 3: Okay, he was my first group date on the show and we did a wedding dress date and it was very similar to this. I feel like this is like a staple in the Bachelor franchise, this date where Franko comes in, everyone runs, picks their outfits.
Speaker 2: Some people don't like.
Speaker 3: Their outfits, they're stressing out, and then you do the photo shoot and honestly, it's it's a good, fun, chill first date.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we see like so I would say, like the bigger like, so we see Leslie gets upset that Natasha took her outfit and you see you this is like the first time you're starting to see like a little bit of.
Speaker 3: Like all right, jealousy and competition. Yes, yes, no, Leslie was rattled for sure. She was like I wanted that outfit. I didn't get it. Are you not feeling my outfit screen.
Speaker 1: Natasha and Leslie. Is something I've noticed and I said this to you were watching it. Her voice, she has such a young voice when she talks. I'm if I close my eyes and she talks, I feel like I'm listening to a twenty three year old.
Speaker 2: She's a really young yeah right, yeah, she does for sure.
Speaker 3: And even just the way she talks, like her addiction and stuff, I feel like makes her sound younger than she is.
Speaker 1: She's she's giving West Coast. I don't know where she's from. I don't even think it is West Coast, but that's what she's she's giving.
Speaker 2: She's she's giving Westcast. Do you even know what that means? Do you know what you're saying?
Speaker 1: I don't know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Half the time, her voice is young, it's giving West.
Speaker 1: Coast saying okay that. Another big part of this date was Nancy getting upset, which we have Nancy coming on the podcast, so we don't need to talk about it too much. But it was sad, like thinking about the last time you did put on a wedding dress was when you married your husband, you know, so that that was that was very sad. I really felt fell for her. But anything you want.
Speaker 3: To say, No, I think we could talk to her more about it when she comes on. But it definitely it made absolute sense, Like I could totally imagine putting myself in her shoes and like, you know, we just got married. If I lost you and then I was putting back on a wedding dress, like, I can see why she would be really emotional.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's gonna be a rough day for you.
Speaker 2: Don't say that, don't Why would you say that? Okay, and that day is never gonna come.
Speaker 1: Just for the record, what did Gary whisper in Leslie's air? What do you think?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but like Gary, Gary's getting dirty.
Speaker 1: I feel like I don't think Gary gets dirty. I don't think. I don't think she does. You think he said something sexual to her.
Speaker 2: No, I don't. I think he said something maybe a little flirty.
Speaker 3: I mean he started the convo but basically talking about how sexy he thought she was.
Speaker 1: And he's been leaning I've noticed his body language, his body language. He's been leaning in for a lot of a lot of makeouts.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he is getting a lot more comfortable now, which is great. I also thought that the way Leslie set up the like if you want to whisper sweet nothings into my ear, I can hear you, and like showed off her hearing aids. I feel like that was so Cute'm actually surprised that was never used in like a teaser or anything, because I feel like that whole moment really screamed like Golden Bachelor. Yeah you know what I mean, Like they both have hearads and like, let's make out and like bonding over the aging process together but still feeling like young and in love.
Speaker 1: So then Joan goes. So then he goes and talks to Joan, and Joan kind of.
Speaker 3: Has the same Okay, wait, but not on the group date. Not on the group d Now we're on the next day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, next night, Nancy gets the ends up getting the group date rows.
Speaker 3: Yes, she does, which that's what I expected, and I think she kind of I think that was the right decision, you know, giving her that additional reassurance. Yeah, and then we're moving on to the next day. We've got a birthday party for Gary.
Speaker 1: Yes, Susan popping out of the cake.
Speaker 2: I love Susan so much.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this is my favorite Nancy. It's a battle between Nancy and Susan.
Speaker 3: Well they're different, Like Nancy is like the one. You're like, oh, like I hope Gary ends up with her.
Speaker 2: Susan.
Speaker 3: You're like, I don't know if you're gonna up with Gary, but I just want to watch you do fuddy shit all the time.
Speaker 1: I want to try Susan's cooking.
Speaker 2: Oh, because she talked about chicken peconte.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and pepper sausage and peppers.
Speaker 3: I want to see you're Italian? Yeah, I mean, or she just likes Italian.
Speaker 1: Breaking down that meal. She's Italian.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: She's Italian.
Speaker 2: For you should send her some of your Sundays with Jo Saw. She really should.
Speaker 1: I should. And then a move out of left field in my opinion, was Gary, not even her birthday, just goes and gives Ellen a gift. Do you remember that?
Speaker 2: I do remember that, And you know what it was giving?
Speaker 3: It was giving charity, bringing Dotton to like private locations every single group day. Gary being like, I'm just gonna give you a beautiful frame photo of the two of us. I was like, whoa, Yeah, Allen.
Speaker 1: Is Ellen Stotton. You know the dotten of the season.
Speaker 2: At least right now she is.
Speaker 3: But you know how in the first episode we were like, we love Faith and Gary also loves Faith.
Speaker 2: We love Ellen. Gary loves Alan too. Gary's in love with a few women right now.
Speaker 1: Ellen's great too.
Speaker 3: I love Ellen, like, I'm so excited for her one on one day to get to watch her more.
Speaker 1: Well, you don't know if she's going to get one.
Speaker 3: She is going to get one, I know it in my heart. And she just has the shiniest hair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and she's she's seventy. I think she's seventy one.
Speaker 3: Insane. Yeah, I can't wait to have her. Hopefully she comes on the podcast.
Speaker 1: She looks great. And then yeah, I mentioned before Joan had grabbed Gary and had kind of he went into her bedroom, and she's kind of has the same story losing her husband, her her husband.
Speaker 2: Semi recently, only two years ago.
Speaker 1: Two years ago, that that was what it was.
Speaker 2: She also has great hair.
Speaker 3: But yeah, a lot of conversations this episode about the loss of spouses, which is obviously very real and their stories and something that you know you go through more likely as you get older.
Speaker 2: But really sad.
Speaker 1: Listen, this show is fun. There's a lot of joy in it, but it's fucking sad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I was like, by the time we got to you know, we had Teresa, that we had Nancy, by the time we got to Joan, I was like, oh my gosh, like my heart, it's so sad. Yeah, it's also hopeful, like maybe they'll find love again here with Gary.
Speaker 1: And then it really it hurts seeing these women.
Speaker 2: Leave, Oh my god, really really hurts.
Speaker 1: And we have three that go home this episode.
Speaker 2: Peggy, who didn't even get a date this week.
Speaker 1: Actually Peggy also, yeah, we don't. We don't see much of Peggy. Natasha, who we see a little in this episode.
Speaker 3: She's beautiful, she has such a vibrant personality, but I don't really see her with Gary.
Speaker 1: She's Natasha's gonna be fine. Natasha is still like she's going out.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, her her personality is so big, like she she's great.
Speaker 3: Yes, she has a very very youthful personality, like she's a young spirit and a very just like vibrant, warm personality.
Speaker 2: I like her.
Speaker 3: If there was a Bachelor Golden Paradise, I think she would be so.
Speaker 2: Good on it.
Speaker 1: You think they'll do that.
Speaker 2: I hope so, but I think it maybe not this year, maybe one day. And then we saw Genie go home as well.
Speaker 1: She was sad too. I think she it seemed that she.
Speaker 3: Really looks like someone. She looks like an actress. I kept my finger on it, very like seventies vibe.
Speaker 2: I don't know, you're good with face.
Speaker 1: Because I know too. I know, but I can you agree, like there's so much but I can't. I can't take my brain there and do this podcast at the same time.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe later, but I will figure that out.
Speaker 3: Something we did see during the Rose ceremony because Faith didn't get a date that week. She got the first impression Rose, but she wasn't on the group date. She's definitely struggling with some major insecurities at the Row ceremony, feeling like she might be going home, and I kind of just want to shake her and be like Faith, like you're it's okay, you're good.
Speaker 2: But I totally understand how she can get in her head.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I feel like she was even feeling those insecurities night one of like comparing herself to the other women, and it's.
Speaker 1: More like think about like a lot of these women have taken years and years off of even dating, and when you compare it to the Bachelorette or Bachelor, most people that go on the show, they're obviously single, but they're most likely actively dating. So they kind of get it, especially in today's day and age, Like you get that you go on dates and like you're on dating gaps and people are talking to multiple people where you know, these women step into the situation they haven't dated in so long, and then it's like, whoa, what's happening. He'd likes someone else too, Like yeah, it's not me not you know.
Speaker 2: That's true, that's true.
Speaker 3: Like I feel like the structure of dating has change so much, and like for my friends at least, like a lot of the times they're dating multiple guys at the same time, trying to figure out who they like best before they like settle down, and like, who knows if that was kind of what these were hold on.
Speaker 1: Your friends might be listening to this, like you just fucking out at me.
Speaker 3: No, out of all they want, I'm sure the guys they're didy or dating multiple girls.
Speaker 2: That's just how that's how deep.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I know, I know that's like that like the preparation these women have to date someone who is dating multiple women and potentially going to fall in love with multiple women is like zero. Yeah you know. Yeah, Okay, So that wrap wraps that episode. Can't wait to see three and we are looking forward so forward to see having Nancy on the podcast. I can't wait to talk to her. Let's get into bachelor paradise.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. I feel like.
Speaker 1: My first note is Will loves Kylie.
Speaker 2: My first note Will is obsessed with Kylie. Olivia is best.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like this episodisode we got to indurate a little more action than we did in the first one. Like, I feel like the first one we really focused on that love triangle, which obviously was a big story, but this one we got to see a little more of like Kat and Braden, Rachel and Ken, like a few of the other relationships. Yeah, and I like that It just kind of, you know, made it feel a little more dynamic of an episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. I was so like the beginning we see and Avin comes in, you know, Kylie wants to go on the date. You were not sure if he's going to ask her, but he ends up asking her. One thing that I noted was where was Rachel when Avan came down?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought for sure we would get to see some sort of like conversation with Avian and Rachel. I mean they acknowledged that, like weird ending to their relationship Jesse did before a even went down, I believe. So I thought for sure we were going to get some sort of like convo between them. But maybe there was one, or maybe it happened and it just kind of wasn't really anything we needed to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or maybe I'm assuming they hashed it out before they came to the beach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, potentially so, or maybe next week we'll see them interact and it's just kind of been like a slow build.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so before uh so, Evan ends up asking Kylie on the date we see the date they go on a boat on the back.
Speaker 3: I will say I felt a little bad for Olivia here because two days in a row now she's like the guy and they've picked Kylie and that's gotta suck.
Speaker 1: I feel bad for Olivia a little too in that sense. But also she's really pushing this like karma, like I need to get even, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's being a little nasty about it.
Speaker 1: It's it's just like for her for her sake. It's like you like, move the fuck on, Like this guy, you and this guy kissed in the first two hours of Paradise. Like, if you want this process to work, you have to focus on your staff and stop worrying about Kylie getting screwed over. Yes, and that's that's where I have that's my issue with Olivia's.
Speaker 3: Do you think that like all of her actions now are kind of based around like revenge for Kylie And you kind of want to be like Olivia just like mind your business and like focus on your story.
Speaker 1: Exactly and try to find try to meet someone else and try to find the connection. But I do feel for her because she obviously she wants to go out with Avan, but Avian doesn't ask her. We see those two on a boat.
Speaker 2: What did you think of the date?
Speaker 1: It's just kind of like it just seems like, yeah, they like each other, they both seem to be waiting for each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: There wasn't as much of like a big spark between them as I thought, Like they seem committed to each other, they seemed into each other, but like I didn't get that like fun, exciting, like romantic boat day that I thought I was going to.
Speaker 2: I think they might have been nervous. I think she was nervous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also I don't know, like they said they didn't talk prior, and I actually believe Kylie when she says that. But maybe it's just because like they were waiting, like she was waiting to see him.
Speaker 2: And they like really hyped it up in their minds.
Speaker 1: I feel like you see more of the spark when it's two people that weren't gunning for each other.
Speaker 3: Right, there's this like oh like excitement of oh my gosh, like I just met someone that I wasn't expecting to meet and like had this connection with them.
Speaker 1: And then back at the beach, Aaron b is now talking to Eliza. Mmm he was the day before talking to Mercedes, and he tells Eliza I kissed Mercedes yesterday. Eliza freaks out, which in her case rightfully, so she did have a rough goal.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm the first to be like, Okay, that's a little dramatic, but this one was not. She was not like if you didn't watch last season of Paradise, we're here to vouch for Eliza. We were we watched the whole season. We were there for the live reunion of Paradise. She had a very hard time and she made some bad choices, but she also like it was a lot. It was really emotional, a lot of intense emotions on all three of the love triangle's parts, Eliza, Rodney and Justin. So like I am, like my heart is going out to her watching this and seeing how emotional she is finding out that she might be a part of another love triangle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I couldn't agree more. And then we have Rachel Is. Rachel's the narrator of Paradise.
Speaker 2: She's doing a great job.
Speaker 1: I actually think she's doing a great job.
Speaker 3: Okay, wait, can we go back to the aar and be Eliza stuff and talk about a little more though?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because Eliza starts crying to Aaron basically and is just saying like she's panicking. She's fully panicking, like, oh my god, I'm in a love triangle against what's happening.
Speaker 1: It really hasn't done anything wrong, Like him, he told her, I would say most people in his situation would have waited to get called out for that.
Speaker 3: Maybe yes, but like I will say, Eliza, and I wrote this down, kept saying, like, you know, you didn't have to tell me that you kissed Mercedes last night, but like you did, and that means something.
Speaker 2: No, he didn't have to tell you, but.
Speaker 1: Like he should.
Speaker 3: He would be stupid to not tell you, and he should tell you. It would be really rude if he didn't. A bunch of people on this beach know. Marcedes knows, the girls know, some of the guys know. Like if he was like just withholding that information from her, I'd be like, dude, what are you doing? Like it's kind of just he's gonna find out from someone else.
Speaker 1: And I said, he didn't do anything wrong, but I mean, he is kind of screwing over in Mercedes if they did. If they were basically hanging out the day before, the whole day and then he just jumped ship without having that conversation with her. Like if I put myself in that situation and I'm talking to Mercedes the entire day before and we end up kissing, and then the next day I want to explore something with Eliza, I'm gonna have that conversation.
Speaker 2: I think what.
Speaker 3: Might have happened though, just to look at it from a different perspective is maybe he had a good night with Mercedes but was still had curiosity about Eliza and just kind of wanted to chat see where it went, and there might have been no connection there, you know what I mean, And then he would have maybe continued to explore things with Mercedes, and I think it looked like as the day went on, he kind of decided I'm more into allies, and that's why he told her I kissed Mercedes last night.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Sure, but he's but still the bad connections happening. Maybe grab Mercedes and be like, hey, just so you know, I'm also exploring other things on this beach.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I mean they have the whole day.
Speaker 1: There's nothing we've been there, there's nothing to do. Yeah, we could have that conversation.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 3: I think once he realized, like, oh, I'm really into Eliza, it might have been good to just be like just to be clear here, like.
Speaker 2: I'm exploring my options. You should explore your options, and.
Speaker 3: Maybe we like touch base at the end of the night on if you want to continue this or not.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't know, it's such a weird dynamic.
Speaker 1: But.
Speaker 2: Okay, he said something he was like.
Speaker 3: Seeing Eliza's tears on her face, I realize how connected she feels to me.
Speaker 2: I want to be like Aaron Man.
Speaker 3: She's not crying over her love for you, She's crying for her past trauma.
Speaker 2: I think you're miss understanding the point of the combo.
Speaker 3: But I like them together as a couple. I'm excited to see where their relationship goes. Very good looking couple, they seem to get along.
Speaker 1: Brandon and Kat seem very cute together.
Speaker 3: They are cute together, like them, very likable Jess and Blake.
Speaker 2: We're not seeing a ton of them.
Speaker 3: They seem pretty chill, just like mellow, slowly seeing where things go, which is a great way to take paradise.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, what it is. I mean, that's kind of how we did it. But but you do then have to you eventually have to make up your mind totally.
Speaker 2: But I mean, it's day two. They haven't even had a roastare much yet, you know.
Speaker 1: True, Let's jump to so Hannah Brown comes down. So Hannah Brown maybe the most popular bachelorette the show's had ever potentially. Uh yeah, I mean she's up there for sure, she comes down now. Yeah, this was a little strange because she's in a committed relationship now she's engaged. But I guess if you don't follow her, you may not know.
Speaker 2: I have some thoughts on this.
Speaker 3: First of all, there's a definitely people down there who don't know if she's single or not, like, genuinely have no idea if this girl's in a relationship or she's single. There's people down there that, after a while, I think, started to convince themselves that maybe she was single newly single.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like we've.
Speaker 3: Got Jess and Kat who are doing interviews, who clearly know who she is, who clearly have watched the show, and our fans of Hannah Brown.
Speaker 2: They've got to know she's got a boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Do you think they just got paranoid and started to be like, oh, shoot, maybe they're not together anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because think about how how long time feels when you're in paradise and then like, you know, we fly out there, you're you're you're waiting for however many days to go down to the beach. You're not. We don't have our phone, so you're not connected. Who knows if they've you know, a month, you know, if they even looked at Hannah Brown's social for a few months. Yeah, they really might be, Like, well I thought she was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe they broke up a few months ago and I missed it and now she's here to date.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 3: I think that the reaction from the contestants you can kind of justify, but it's not gonna resonate with the viewers as much. At least it didn't really resonate with us because in real time we know that Hannah Brown is engaged living in Nashville with her fiance, So it was kind of hard to be like, what is she doing here? Like obviously we all know she's not here to date, So it like went on kind of long when we already know what the outcome was gonna be. Which you know, she's there with the date cards, She's obviously not using it. She's going to give it to someone else. It's just a matter of.
Speaker 1: Who for sure, for sure, and then she does which I love this and I was I was jealous of this because this seemed like a fun date to host. She does the bonfire with the burning questions. My biggest note is just like lie like you guys don't have to you guys don't have to answer all these questions.
Speaker 2: We just need like a politician to come on this show.
Speaker 3: Like when when Hannah Brown asked Kat, like, is there anyone you're you know, interested in seeing? And she's been making out with Braiden for two days straight. You don't have to name two other names, Kat, you can just say you know what, there was some people I was interested in seeing. I'm really enjoying my time with Braiden right now and excited to see where that goes. But it's still new and you know, we're both still open, so we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: Instead, she named.
Speaker 1: Too dude that she was. She's like, I can't believe she asked me this question. I guess I got to answer. And then you see Hannah Brown Who's like, oh my god, they're just going to answer everything I asked him. Okay, let's she.
Speaker 3: Was so good, Like shout out to Hannah, and we are excited to have her on this podcast to talk about it more. She did such a good job with the Truth Circle, like she just got so much. I don't know if it's like her demeanor that was doing it either, Like I feel like they were just like I guess I have to tell her like she must have like that, Like, dude, what I'm talking about, like just a personality that people want to open up to.
Speaker 1: Her, Like she's just She's and a lot of the girls down there, and I'm sure some of the guys are are fans of her, so yes, and they're kind of like, well, if it's Hannah Brown asking, I got to answer.
Speaker 2: I can't lie to Hannah.
Speaker 1: I can't lie.
Speaker 2: It was crazy, but.
Speaker 3: I really liked it, and honestly, like it just makes for more interesting TV when they do answer. Honestly, it kind of gives us an idea of like who might be coming down when they do, if that's going to kind of stir up certain relationships, Like it's a little bit of foreshadowing for the viewers, and like it gives insight into how strong certain relationshis are. Also, can we talk about hot Sean being like, oh, I'm interested in Jess Sean. She's like locked in with Blake and you've been hanging out with Rachel for two days.
Speaker 1: He's still shooting his shot.
Speaker 3: Hot Shot is always hot shod jumped out of the day bed to go introduce himself to Hannah Brown, like he will never stop.
Speaker 2: Shooting his shot.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 3: He's actually done a good job of narrating to him and Rachel are really narrated in the show. And I don't think it's that serious between them. From the conversation we see they're both open to exploring other things. So like it's kind of a fun dynamic duo.
Speaker 1: I agree, I agree, And I would say that the last well, yes, there's two more parts. We'll touch a little bit on Will and is now kind of talking to Mercedes and really he like breaks down when she tells him, like she's interested in him. Is Will's having a rough goal right now in Paradise.
Speaker 3: Will is quite tired and hot and emotional and of just a sensitive soul.
Speaker 2: He just is a sensitive soul. Yeah, he's a very sweet guy.
Speaker 3: I was actually a little surprised Mercedes went for Will because Kylie and her are like best friends, you.
Speaker 1: A, Kylie doesn't care and Mercedes needs a rose. The men have have have a roast.
Speaker 3: And also like Kylie and Mercedes are different but like have similarities, like they're best friends, they always have things in common. So maybe Kylie was like, look like I didn't feel it with him, but like if he was into me. I think you guys could have a connection and if you're interested, like, go for it.
Speaker 1: I think that's definitely what happened. Yeah, and then we have a little bit of drama, which was fun to watch.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that was great.
Speaker 3: Aeronis really stepped up as the shining star of this episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really I can't wait to see more of it.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed that at the end.
Speaker 3: He was such a hot head on the Bachelorette, I couldn't really like get behind him. It didn't really resonate with me. But in Paradise I was like, oh my god, where's this guy been. I'm so excited to watch four of him. Yeah, this is so entertaining.
Speaker 1: It was great because so Pete Pete the Night One Pilot grabbed the girl that Aaron S is talking about. Yeah, Sam, I'm Sam. Yeah, Samantha, Samantha. So uh, Pete grabs Samantha basically like shoots his shot, but also tries to take down Aaron S. At the same time. He's like, always a shitty move.
Speaker 3: Yes, if you're gonna shoot your shot with someone, don't use the technique of like putting down the person that they're already kind of talking to as a way of like building yourself up, Like there's nothing worse than building yourself up by putting someone else down. And like he kept talking about how like mature Sam is If she's not mature, dude, she's gonna see through this, yeah, and like she's probably Like I'm capable of deciding if someone's matured. Eye, don't you need you like telling me in a backhanded, weird ass way that the guy I'm into is immature, Like that's immature.
Speaker 1: Pete reminds me so much of Aaron Clan. No no no, Pete reminds me of White Lotus Season one.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, wait who did I say? Oh no, no no, I said, reminds me of Aaron Clan.
Speaker 1: Aaron s was great because he got wind of it and called Pete out right away, which is the right move and also makes for great TV.
Speaker 3: Also, like just the way he confronted him was so spicy.
Speaker 1: I was like, these guys they're gonna fight. He's he's gonna fight him.
Speaker 3: He was like, I'll do this in front of the girl and embarrassing you right here, right now, or you can step aside and talk to me.
Speaker 1: I was like, whoa let's go this is fun. Uh yeah, so I think that that basically that wraps both both shows. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had the Rose ceremony, we saw Brooklyn, Kat and Greer, and we.
Speaker 1: Hear Greer's exit and she's the only one we heard, and it was sad. I actually felt felt for Yeah.
Speaker 3: Actually, exit interviews don't always hit me in my feels, but hers really got me. Like, I just think that she really wanted to find someone when she came down there, and still really wants to find someone, and I.
Speaker 2: Hope she does.
Speaker 3: She was someone that I actually thought had a good chance of finding love and Paradise. I think her dude just wasn't on the beach like the person she's meant to be with. Yeah, you know, like there was no one I saw her with down there. I agree, But I think if she were to come back, maybe for another season, she could maybe find someone.
Speaker 2: She'll definitely find love.
Speaker 1: You think she comes back. I can see her coming back.
Speaker 2: I don't know, maybe if she's still single.
Speaker 1: It's hard, it is, it is. Yeah, I would hate to go home the first day in Paradise because it is different from Bachelor and Bachelor atte because there are you know there's more people coming down.
Speaker 2: That's the thing.
Speaker 3: It's like, if you go home night one on The Bachelor, it's like, oh, this just wasn't my person. Whereas you go home night one on Paradise, you've got to always wonder like, well, what if next week someone came down or the week after someone.
Speaker 2: Came down into me? Yeah, yeah, maybe they would have been.
Speaker 1: Into Yeah, I guess there's just there's just no way around that. People. People have to go home.
Speaker 2: People have to go home. That's the premise of the show.
Speaker 1: And then who did who did Pete give his rose too?
Speaker 2: Olivia?
Speaker 1: Olivia? And that's how Olivia is still there.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't think there's really a connection between the two of them.
Speaker 1: Do we think Olivia is going to find someone?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's hard.
Speaker 3: Like I think that she has kind of been sucked into a bad mentality because of what happened to her on the first day, and she doesn't really seem to have snapped out of that yet, So I think that that could potentially negatively impact her ability to find a relationship. But at the same time, you have to remember, like girls are coming down next week, she's.
Speaker 1: Got to well, no, no guys are no girls are.
Speaker 2: Guys came down this week, even came down and then nobody.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, because think about it, right, women now have the roses.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're right, so guys do come down.
Speaker 1: Guys are going to come down. So she's got two weeks to figure it out.
Speaker 2: Okay, so maybe next week someone will come down that she really hits it off with. Yeah, which would be great, I think.
Speaker 1: So we'll see. I'm excited. I'm excited to see. But yeah, that should wrap both episodes, and we're very excited. We're going to have, like we said, we have Nancy and we're getting Hannah Brown on and I can't wait for Hannah to really break down what went down in that truth.
Speaker 2: Me too.
Speaker 3: I want to know if there was anything she asked or anything Juicy said that didn't get shown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 3: I'm excited or like any like weird tensions she sensed on the beach.
Speaker 1: Same. Okay you guys. Uh, that's it for this episode. Make sure you subscribe to bet your Happy Hour and stay tuned later this week because we will be dropping both interviews Hannah Brown and Nancy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're so excited.
Speaker 3: Be sure to tune in to that Golden Bachelor and Bachelor in Paradise every Thursday. Be sure to tune into Bachelor Happy Hour and we will talk to you soon.
Speaker 1: Bye. Rite