Speaker 1: It's nine O Gene one Leg with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling. Back. Boy, are we back?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, this is a fun episode. I think.
Speaker 1: First of all, she's here. Like, first of all, we're debating Tara, Tara. We're fact checking that because for some reason, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know how to say it. I can't and I'm like, I can't remember how I said it. I think it's Tara.
Speaker 1: And here's why. Because when I saw her character, everything came flooding into my body about her, like snapshots. It was super weird.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh my god, what a memorable character she had.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's crazy. Wait, but first, we have so much to discuss we do.
Speaker 2: First of all, everybody, welcome to another episode of nine or two. I OM, you were so happy you're here. I heard podcast listen on the iHeartRadio app. It's just me and Amy. You will notice again this week.
Speaker 1: Toy is doing a movie and the reason we didn't mention it is because I didn't know if we could mention it. But then she's been showing photos and like, you know, the alligators she's with and all that jazz.
Speaker 2: Wait, what she's with an alligator?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's like in it seems like I don't want to reveal too much about the movie, but it seems like it's kind of swampy, and there's definitely an alligator or crocodile. I'm not sure the difference of those two. I didn't reptiles, and I think they're reptiles.
Speaker 2: I got to get up on my social media. Apparently I don't know what's happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe your feed's all messed up and you gotta. My feed gets so screwy because suddenly I'm like, am I even following that person? I never see anything. I fail.
Speaker 2: Well, once you start following goats and you know, cooking things, that's all you get.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm so following just Ralph Lauren Design. I'm so obsessed with it right now that all I'm getting is like Lauren Design, What do you mean?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: So there's like Ralph Lauren accounts, but then there's like Ralph Lauren fan accounts fashion or home home. Of course, I'm not mad at the fashion, but it's all about the home.
Speaker 2: I mean, when Ralph Laurence came out with that leopard, you have the leopard still because you love it, just like me, I.
Speaker 1: Have the actual Ralph Lauren leopard fabric. That's like, it's like fuzzy furry. I had to save all my pennies for that fabric. I remember I had those sheets, those leopard sheets. I still do girl still put the floral in the leopard. Oh wait, no way, Oh.
Speaker 2: I loved those sheets. Oh anyho. Sorry, Yeah, so Torri's I'm not here with us, she's doing a movie.
Speaker 1: And what else do we want to talk about? Well, then we've been together, so okay, so there's many big things to talk about. One we'll be revealed soon. Jenny and I did something together. Literally, I'm not gonna get over it for really long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's gonna be like a core memory for me.
Speaker 1: And I want to go back, and I feel like we didn't have enough time together to go slower. That's all all I wish.
Speaker 2: I think we're going back to be back, like the lady will let us come back.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and I sent her huge bouquet flowers from us like you And then okay, so you guys will find out about that soon. And speaking of you'll be able to find out about that on Jenny Show, I choose me. Speaking of we made the big announcement, the big announcement. It's happened. Everyone.
Speaker 2: Our first I Choose Me Live event is happening, you guys. We started selling tickets. It's so exciting, so that means it's really happening.
Speaker 1: Oh, the toothpaste is out of the tube. It's happening January eleventh at the iHeartRadio Theater, which is such a cool space. It really is if you haven't been.
Speaker 2: I've been there before, but as you know, on the stage and doing stuff with you guys. But I walked through it the other day for the event and I was like, Wow, this place is really nice. Like if I were to come there as a person that bought a ticket, I would be into it.
Speaker 1: I'd be because it's super special. It's where they filmed the Tonight Show. I don't know film. I guess you guys use film on Did you use film one nine two zero? Yes? Okay, so filmed like in the Johnny Carson Jay Leno days.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And they have the big elephant doors, you know, with the you know elephant doors. It's really because you're in the biz girl. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're shaped like elephants, right, I was just kidding.
Speaker 1: So the space is like super cool, and I keep pushing that I really want to serve tea and crumpets, but we haven't. Everyone has.
Speaker 2: Now we are so excited that we're putting together an incredible panel of really beautiful, strong, powerful women and we're going to hang out and chat and learn things and inspire each other and sip on things and eat things. It's going to be a lot of Oh and you.
Speaker 1: Were telling Okay, so then we also, Jenny and I have been together NonStop. So then we also had dinner last week on Wednesday, and you were telling my friend Natalie about I choose me Live, I choose me La. What should we go with? I choose me, I.
Speaker 2: Choose me La because our intention, well my intention is to do I choose me Chicago, I choose me Austin and go around and like get women together.
Speaker 1: All over the place to San Francisco so that absolutely you don't have to travel.
Speaker 2: Yes, I loved being in San Francisco purely exactly.
Speaker 1: Thought we were together, Oh my god, we just can't get enough of each other. We were also with the Sabrina Carpenter concert together. Yeah, we've got together. Did you know what happened at that? Okay, so lady that Pete, did you hear about that? Oh god? Where we were? No? Okay? So on people in a magazine, I think it was, they talked about a woman down on the floor. So we went to Sabrina Carpenter, which I'll let Jenny explained, Sabrina Carventer, and they said other people just saw a woman. Maybe she just didn't want to miss a song, just squatted on the ground and did a potty.
Speaker 2: Didn't we like, wait, did she actually squat or did you just stand there and pee?
Speaker 1: Because I think that the article I saw said squat I think on just the concrete floor. Maybe she had.
Speaker 2: Had, you know, a drink or two or something, I don't know something, but like, is that Breena Carpenter normal behavior? You guys, you should go to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: The whole thing was crazy. And Jenny like four pretzels, like not like a pretzel, like a like a concert soft giant.
Speaker 2: They're bigger than my head and I ate four of them. I think at that that's all I had to eat that day.
Speaker 1: No, we got you your risotto because Jenny, are you vegan. When did I have risotto at the miller in Luck? So we went to Tyler Florence's miller, and Luck's all about that, and of course it's like a meat place, and Jenny doesn't eat meat, so it was like meat, meat, meat, meat, fish and more meat.
Speaker 2: Can meat meat And then Tyler Florence, Yeah, the guy that's his restaurant. Ye, he comes up and he's talking to you, and then you're like Taylor, you know. Jenny and I look up and I'm thinking, how do I know him?
Speaker 1: To know each other? But we haven't remembered how well he.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think it. I used to know him through a guy I was dating in San Francis.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, oh my god, Jenny, that is correct. It's all than I do. Now it's coming back to me. Yes, that is right. I forgot about a lot of people. I hope Dave's not listening to this. A lot of people I know know that guy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he had a very popular there in the San fran area.
Speaker 1: Yeah. There used to be like, you know, because I'm from there, and people would be like, h Kelly Taylor is like a blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: You looked at him weird, and I still didn't couldn't place it. And then at the end of the night he came over and said goodbye and like touched me on the shoulder, and Dave was like, who is this guy? What does he want? And he's already like a continuing to jab me about Tyler.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's so funny. So Tyler my greatest. So people know Tyler from like the food truck Race. He does like a show on the Food Network. I mean he's been on a million shows. His wife is like familiar. Well, yes, he's like on a million Food Network shows and it's like a hundred cookbooks and his restaurants are like amazing, and his wife is like one of my dear dear friends for I don't know, like thirty years or something. Ryan Seacrest and Tyler's wife and I used to run around when we were like twenty.
Speaker 2: Okay around now, Yeah, because he looked at me so weird, and I was like, why is he looking at so.
Speaker 1: Because he was there, it was I don't know, I didn't get it.
Speaker 2: Anyways, it was so fun though.
Speaker 1: Basically Jenny lived on risotto, gourmet risotta and pretzels.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then okay, so I was sick, you know that, right, I.
Speaker 1: Know, I didn't want to hug you, And then I kept because how you well?
Speaker 2: And I hug and then I was a concert and I could not stop coughing. And we'd been there for like, you know, thirty minutes, and I was like, Amy, I gotta go, and You're like, okay, whatever you want, and I left. And then all of a sudden, I turn around and Amy and TJ are for.
Speaker 1: Everyone out with you, and Susan and Kathy from Golden Bachelorette.
Speaker 2: Susany Kathy left and I was like, oh, now I've made all of the people leave. I did not ask them to leave you further. And second fin, they did not know where we were going. They did not know how to get home. They did not have any kind of apparently they don't have an uber at because Dave was getting us an uber and they're just standing there on the curb shivering.
Speaker 1: Did you all jump in the same uber so you could cough all over them?
Speaker 2: No, they jumped into our cober and we took them home. You're welcome, Jenny, and we were all of a sudden, your celebrity handlers for the night.
Speaker 1: First of all, you did a great job. Thank you as everybody got home Jenny's infamous cough. First of all, you know, I'm like a germ.
Speaker 2: You are.
Speaker 1: I'm a germ of both, like.
Speaker 2: I just doing the into my elbow. You did good, but I hugged you too many times, but many times no, and no one got sick. And you're still not sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I think that you had already bens. I peaked and this was the lingering because I do remember Maddie, you know her like assistant, amazing Mattie Ja. She's like, oh, I had to sit there, Jenny in the sprinter on the way.
Speaker 2: Here, whatever, Maddie.
Speaker 1: But no one that's sick. And I think you're better. I feel like you were better when we went to the secret thing that everyone's secret. Find you, guys, and you have to follow Jenny on Instagram because I'm telling you we are. We took the great what could be the greatest video of all time? Jenny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I still get chills when I think.
Speaker 1: About it, and I feel like, if you can, you don't have to. But it was directed by yours truly, and I'm pretty proud of my work. But Jenny's acting is it's Oscar worthy. All of us were like, because we have this like vision.
Speaker 2: I felt like I transported in time. I feel sad that we can't tell them what we're talking about. Maybe they're gonna know so soon. And the teas is so good.
Speaker 1: All of us like there was like probably ten of us from Jenny Show there, you know, working and everyone's like, she's so good. She's so good. I kind of been there because we forget you're an actress.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 1: I have finally figured out something about your show? What about it? This season? Because it's like six There's been a couple of things where I'm like, what's going on Jason Priestley, who is now we know, like a top higher up producer directing a lot of episodes. Here's what's happening. He's just deciding things he wants to do and putting them into the show. Ski because there's literally two one minutes of skiing, and so now I'm convinced he's like, I want to go on an airplane. Yeah, there are great skiers. I don't know if it's Susan's skiing, but it's definitely Priestly because he.
Speaker 2: Skis yeah, that Canadian like his ice ice he wanted to go ice skating. He got to go ice skating. He wanted to go skiing.
Speaker 1: He had to get the plane. Yep, Rember, I'm sure when he wanted went to San Francisco.
Speaker 2: It's the it's the adventure season for him. It's his adventure season.
Speaker 1: So we will dig into the skiing because I can't. They said where they were. That was weird too, Mamma put it on the screen. I think it was Mammoth, Lorraine, was it Big Bear?
Speaker 2: I don't know where.
Speaker 1: Where did they go skiing? Mammoth? So that is not Mammoth is not like Mountain High, right, So if you're in La Mammoth is a five hour drive? Like this was a real you've got you went on a location.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're let's talk about it when we come back. Okay, I'm gonna do this because I know you're just gonna start talking about something like at the end of the episode. So I'm just gonna jump right In season six, episode twenty two, All This and Married Too, aired February twenty first, nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 1: Amy read this anopsis. Wait why is it called All This and Mary Too? Because there's girl's name Mary in it. Oh, the Mary and the Mary. Was that their names? The two girls Mary Mary? Okay, I forgot that part because I'm so fixated on.
Speaker 2: Other things.
Speaker 1: I can't Yeah, Mary Mary is quite contrary to what David Silver is looking for after his breakup with val Brandon and Susan are caught in a blizzard when she gets injured on the slopes. Did we resolve that or are they still there?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but you're not done with the synopsis, ma'am.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, meanwhile, Colin has fallen for Valerie ew Gross ew Well, Kelly is in rehab trying to recover, and Donna turns to the church and her dad to help her boyfriend's broken heart. Directed Did You Say? Directed? Directed by James Fargo and writer Sam Sarkar. Two people have never heard of, never heard of them, but great. I'm sure they're prolific. But they were amazing.
Speaker 2: I mean, Sam did a great job with all the skiing stuff that he was filming. It looked amazing. Literally, Warren Miller like, I was like, Okay, I thought I was skiing. I thought I was stranded in a blizzard. I thought she really broke her leg or whatever.
Speaker 1: Why am I blanking? I will admit I watched this a few days ago.
Speaker 2: No, they get down the hill.
Speaker 1: Why am I forgetting that part?
Speaker 2: They get down, and then they go to the peach bit, of course, and she has the thing on her leg. It's not a broken leg, it's just a bad sprain. Okay, it's cover of anybody who's worried. You back to me, all right, So should we just go through it?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 2: Yep. We started seeing where we see Kelly in drug rehab at Cedars. David's there and it looks like Kelly's, you know, feeling better about her being sober.
Speaker 1: Colin shows up, of course, trying to like, you know, being so gross, saying we can do this on our own, being the worst, the worst.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But Kelly tells him that they aren't good together, which is so true, and says it's over between them, and then he leaves.
Speaker 1: We go to that casa.
Speaker 2: We go to the Kasa Walsh, where we see the gang all prepping for their snowboarding trip and David gallery broken up, so she's staying home.
Speaker 1: And it was sort of like they had that sort of strange encounter in the doorway, and it was like, oh, this is weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was uncomfy, but that's the way it would be. But Susan starts teasing and teasing Brandon about that he's not good enough of a skier to keep up with her.
Speaker 1: I mean, first of all, nine or two and loves to do the weird foreshadowing. Oh yeah, I'm a better skier.
Speaker 2: You know right away that she's.
Speaker 1: Just gonna be something dramatic, and.
Speaker 2: He gets He's getting a little irritated because that's you know, you're messing with Brandon's like you go there because he Jason. You know there's skiers. There's like one in the same brand.
Speaker 1: Jason Grasty Cyber has like a wine line. For some reason. He popped up on my Instagram feed for his wine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's had that for a while.
Speaker 1: I don't drink wine, but if I did, I would drink his wine.
Speaker 2: I would too, because he knows. He's always been a wine drinker.
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 2: Even when we were filming this show, he was into wine and he was always like talking about the wines.
Speaker 1: He's kind of like an old soul maybe ahead of his time with the wine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But Brandon reminds her that he's from Minnesota, where snow was invented.
Speaker 1: First of all, I actually didn't think of snow being invented there.
Speaker 2: But uh so Jackie goes to visit Kelly at the rehab and that's when.
Speaker 1: We meet don don Tera and it came flooding back.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I did not see that coming. I didn't know that this was going to happen. But yeah, Tara, are you remembering her roommate? What's gonna come?
Speaker 1: Yes, Yeah, it's they really gave you some crazy season six.
Speaker 2: Sh It's I tell people they made Kelly go through this craziest stuff and no one believes me, but now you see, and now you believe me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like they're not even doing that to anyone else.
Speaker 2: It's like back to back to back to back.
Speaker 1: Just draw like how do I say it? Like bortex within the show. Yes, it's like you're in your own movie of the week. Every single thing. This is gonna get cray like buckle up.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, crazier than a drug addiction in three weeks.
Speaker 1: Yes, because it's all The haircut is so coming back to me. Yeah, Tara has brown hair.
Speaker 2: Everybody note at this point Tara has a brown and she's I mean, had hint on hinge, like she's really she's struggling, and it doesn't seem like she's she's got like no family, right, Yeah, she's she's had a bad childhood. We established that right away. She has no support from anybody in her life.
Speaker 1: There's you know what she reminds me of a hint, just a hint and I understand not but a hint. Remember when Brandon had the cute girlfriend with the great style from the vacation movies. Yeah, there's something. And I don't know if it was because they both were in like eighties movies so that they're familiar to my brain.
Speaker 2: Wait, what was Paige Moss in? What movie was Paige Moss in?
Speaker 1: Some No, she definitely was in things because it wasn't just this. It's like I totally kind of know her from other things. So I shall look and tell you.
Speaker 2: Thank you. You're good at the.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you. Can't hardly wait, but that feels late page, I mean can't love can't hardly wait?
Speaker 2: That was later, Oh my god, she was she said Chester Cheetos.
Speaker 1: Because that was after this.
Speaker 2: She was taunting whoever was even I don't know. She was really funny in that movie.
Speaker 1: She did some er, she did Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Touched by an Angel, Diagnosis, Murder, Chicago Hopees, an episode of Seinfeld. That's pretty oh Baywatch Nights Wow, not just Ashoff Hey there, Hasslehoff. Just she's just around at that time in the nineties, like I definitely popping up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So she's struggling, she's having nightmares. Kelly's trying to comfort her, but Kelly's, you know, on her own recovery journey. But now all of a sudden, now taking care of someone else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all of a sudden bebop beluah. I don't know if that's.
Speaker 2: How you say.
Speaker 1: You're better.
Speaker 2: She's better because she's got to be strong for Tara now, yeah, whatever. All the friends go to Mammoth Mountain and they're at the lodge and everybody's trying to set David up with different girls that they see that are there. And they're randomly both named Mary.
Speaker 1: So Mary, remember that's called Mayor and may Or. Why bug uh?
Speaker 2: They're both named Mary, and neither of them have a place to stay, so they're both trying to get with David first of all, it's very light handed, and I it could have been more. I could have us more of the Mary's They're cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's kind of like a wacky you know, it's very nine O two one HOI like we've got like you're saying, you're in the movie of the Week. But the other half is so like, oh, you know, it's almost like a caper again with Three's company. I love for him, Mary, You're perfect for him. Mary. Hey, Mary? Oh no, Mary and Mary are gonna.
Speaker 2: Mark and Steve shenanigans. Yeah. I love seeing him in their ski outfits though, don't you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I love the whole thing. It's just so like, Okay, suddenly we're skiing.
Speaker 2: We went skiing last year too, Yeah, but this felt like a bigger ski trip, like with more ski action. Absolutely, this was yeah, this was we had stunt doubles involved. Oh, fake snow blowing. Oh okay, we haven't gone to that part. But anyway, Donna is doing homework and trying to listen to the news where she hears that there is some new hyper TRP bic cardiomyopathy condition recovery system. It's very specific to her exact.
Speaker 1: Needs, exactly like it's just so like, oh, I happen to be watching the news, which most twenty year olds are not, twenty one year olds are not doing, and we've.
Speaker 2: They're seeing the news on it the peach bit, by the way, No.
Speaker 1: And then there's the perfect segment totally devoted to exactly what she needs.
Speaker 2: So good. Donna goes home and starts doing her research to find out that there is heart medicine that might help Joe. But he sees her on the phone with these people and he's not very happy about it. He's not supporting her in her.
Speaker 1: Trying to help him. Yeah, I know he was kind of like irritated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he should really be like a little I guess he's still in the bummed down cage with Yeah, he's struggling. Then we go back to skiing and we see them, you know, doing their iceky faster than you.
Speaker 1: On the slope back in the lodge. We're out on the back in the lot.
Speaker 2: Maybe we went down one run.
Speaker 1: I don't know how about their jumps. They kept taking jumps.
Speaker 2: I was impressed. I'm good enough if I can just like get down the hill. About breaking bones.
Speaker 1: I retired from skiining because I worried too much about my teeth. I was like, I don't want to your teeth, Like, I just don't want to hurt my chip of tooth, crash, hurt my teeth, anything, hurt my brain, hit my head.
Speaker 2: Anyone saying like, well, I don't want to go skikings. I don't want to hurt my Oh.
Speaker 1: I worry about my teeth all the time. I'm always like, don't fall, don't fall, don't fall. They can fix your teeth.
Speaker 2: That's not I know what.
Speaker 1: I don't want to But yeah, I mean all that, like carrying all that crap. I just finally was like to read.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of a lot of work to go up a mountain and to just come down it and then do it.
Speaker 1: So here's what I do now. I put on a semi cute outfit that looks like maybe I was skiing, but maybe I wasn't. I just meet everybody after.
Speaker 2: I like that plan. I think, am I do that this year too? I don't think my hips are ready for No. Did you notice this was before helmets? Nobody the way I know it's on the slopes and that's how it used to be.
Speaker 1: And I know I skied all my life, didn't you you go back?
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you go skiing now if you're not wearing a helmet or weird. Yeah, I think since that who is the woman that actually the woman that.
Speaker 1: Oh the first of all, that wasn't even a ski accident. So that was Natasha Richardson.
Speaker 2: Natasha Richardson, yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so what happened was she just had like a strange I think she just had a fall backwards but hit her head in the exact wrong thing. But remember Sonny Bono, Sunny Bono crashed into That's how he died. He crashed into the tree and died skiing. And I think one of the Kennedy somebody in the Kennedy line also, I think had a ski accident.
Speaker 2: Wow, A very dangerous as it turns out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hello, that's why I retired.
Speaker 2: Wait, but you were like a major downhill skier when you're younger.
Speaker 1: I wasn't like champion, but I could go down anything because I skied since I was like I don't know four. Well, then I retired at a young age. I think I retired probably like in my thirties. I've been retired for a while.
Speaker 2: Smart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just couldn't retirement. I did do. We didn't go cross country skiing, but I think what we did is I wanted to think about cross country skiing. So we took the dog out and like walked nearby. That looks hard. It's a lot, but it's very beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it looks too hard. It's hard enough to walk in the snow just to the I think.
Speaker 1: I might go back to just the hiking, but oh, don't touch the cross country ski. Oh if you're walking hiking near the cross country and you accidentally step onto their thing, they get upset, like like a little too upset.
Speaker 2: That's their track.
Speaker 1: Yeah they were so furious, but yeah, dogs are allowed out there. Whatever. It seems a little too like, I'm you're not you don't know what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Well, there's that whole tension between skiers and snowboarders and cross country Like now it makes sense that they're all like very I'm the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you suck. That was the vibe.
Speaker 2: I got to wait. Okay, So then we go to the peach pit and it happens. Colin is set at the counter and Valerie she or she comes, I'm on up next to him, She's.
Speaker 1: Got a lot of fans out there for how kind of snaky she is.
Speaker 2: Listen, I kind of just it's hard because she is sneaky, But then there's something sweet about it that reels you in, and I think that's what they loved.
Speaker 1: I'm not seeing that so much with her.
Speaker 2: So they established that they're both single now by by like a day. This happened this morning, and now he's telling her and.
Speaker 1: She's remember how irritated she was at the drug addict ness, and now she's mad at him.
Speaker 2: Fine with that, but she's always wanted her time with him, So this I'm happy.
Speaker 1: It's gonna work out, right, it's her camp crush or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So she invites him over to dinner because she doesn't feel like going out.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I forgot about it. She's like cook cook, cooking away.
Speaker 2: You know that's a recipe for disaster. Things are going to get crazy. Then we go back to the to the mountain and we see that Brandon and Susan are now racing each other off the beaten path.
Speaker 1: I know, and you see the sign like out of bounds, dangerous. Yeah, I thought he'd be.
Speaker 3: On this point, my brain went to a whole different episode, like, oh, they're lost in the you know, like there's going to be a big rescue and like there was, I know, but there I felt like they were going to be there for days.
Speaker 2: That would have been cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Like like, I don't want to bring up this movie, but I do love it a lot.
Speaker 2: I love that movie too.
Speaker 1: Oh it's so good. There's a new one too. That's really good is that subtitles eat each other. M Ethan Hawk was in the original.
Speaker 2: Would you would what would happen if you were stranded in an avalanche and you were starving to death?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 2: Would you eat me?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 2: I don't think I could do it. I'm not gonna lie. I don't think I could snap off your toe. I don't know.
Speaker 1: This is an old like, this is an old story from where I'm from. But two guys it's blurry, but two guys from my high school got lost at the backside of North Star many many years ago, and they got rescued. But it was kind of dicey there for a minute, and I think this story is that and they were all like our age, and one of the guys said, Dude, if I die, you can eat me, but like I think it was just to loosen up the moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wouldn't want to eat you, but I said, I.
Speaker 1: Want you to. I want you to.
Speaker 2: I want you to eat meat. Dude.
Speaker 1: Respect. I like to watch the documentary about Alive. I'm sorry. Those guys hiked out. Two of the guys hiked out seventy miles in the whatever mountain range that was that has escaped to me right now, seventy miles basically with clothes they made and like you know, a bunch of sweaters. They didn't have the right clothes and they made their galoshes from the airplane seats. These are just two regular like teenage twenty something boys in the Andes there. It came back to me in the Andes Mountains and they it's crazy story. You guys gonna watch this. I'm sorry a sidebar, but like the documentary is so good. With the frozen meat from their friends, that's what they had to eat. And then as they.
Speaker 2: Had their friends like body parts in their backpack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they like they they liked them. They don't have any cooking, but they I think they they ever have a fire. They must have. But anyway, seventy miles in the Andes. Then it gets too warm, so then they're getting sick. So now they have no food because they can't have spoiled. Yes, eventually they make it and they see somebody they get to like a river, and they are rescued. They rescue I think it was seventeen survivors up and up in the mountains. I mean, the story is so unbelievable.
Speaker 2: I didn't know there was a documentary. I got to watch that.
Speaker 1: It's amazing. Oh okay, I don't want to ruin it, but do you want me to tell you one thing about it that is so good?
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead, because I know you know what happens. You just told me the end. They get rescued.
Speaker 1: No, wait for this part. You don't know. You learn this in the documentary. One of the guys, where's the sweater? His girlfriend either knitted for him or gave to him, right like, I'm gonna wear the sweater she as I'm hiking out of the mountain. In the documentary, you see him telling the story. You see her. They are still married. They are still married. His girlfriend that he had then and this was in the seventies. They they got married and they were in love and he wore the sweater, literally because of the sweater. If you want to cry your eyes out in the best way, watch this. It's Oh my god, I think there's two. Actually, it's just the heroism of these guys and the like desire to live and the way they did it together and the two got I mean, it's just And that was where my brain went with with Susan and Brandon. I was like, oh, now he got a show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is gonna get good. Colin goes back to his house and Val goes back to her house, and then Colin can't wait until dinner time to get over there. This guy is such a jerk. Anyway, they they up their plans. So she gets dressed in her best satin purple satin blouse and heels, and he gets all gussied up and he goes over and.
Speaker 1: She's stirring a stirring away or something. I come like so much big cooking.
Speaker 2: But Donna goes to visit Kelly, which was nice because it was we were worried about their friendship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that seems to be mac on trap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she brings her a bird and don't they say like I love you, I love you?
Speaker 1: Or was that in the episode.
Speaker 2: I think it was the bird. The bird says I love you. No, I don't know. But then Donna meets Tara also and she acts weird and like leaves the room. There she is, but but we learned that she's been basically living on the streets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we were.
Speaker 2: Getting we're really getting a lot of backstory about Tara really fast.
Speaker 1: Yes, and anyone with half a brain knows she's here to stay.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm hmm. But then we see Brandon and Susan skiing up a storm, and then I wish it was Brandon that hurt his leg. Why does it have to be Susan? Why is it have to be the girl that was able to keep up with them?
Speaker 1: Here's that he's going to save the day. We got it. We gotta get out of here.
Speaker 2: I really wish it was him, not you know, not that I wish he would break.
Speaker 1: A leg, but like, just you did Mary and Mary meet yet or not yet? No?
Speaker 2: Not Mary's they show up, yes, and then they realize that there are two Mary's.
Speaker 1: Right, what's the what are the chances?
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's when we're they're they're alone in the blizzard and they're sitting under like a like a rocky thing, and there's like trees above the and I remember watching I think it was the dailies or something from that scene.
Speaker 1: Or watching the way.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I just remember our crew members over on top with the bucket of snow like over then and like sometimes you can see it like come in heavy in there, you know, and then they pull back a little bit.
Speaker 1: Thought so amazing special.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how we did it back in the nineties. But I believe that their acting was so good. I believe that they were really cold and yeah, yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: I was into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But then the gang gets worried. Everybody starts worrying that they haven't come back at the end of the day. Like that is terrifying when you for sure people on the mountain.
Speaker 1: That's the main way. One time, one time, my nieces, Oh gosh, I sorry for the sidebars, but like whatever, what else do we have to do? My nieces, two of my little nieces, and they were little at the time, like they shouldn't probably and skiing alone. They were maybe like eight and ten or seven and nine, like eight and ten and my baby niece, her ski popped off and she couldn't find it. It was like in powder, and so her sister says to her, like, they try to find it, and her sister says, Roxy, this is gonna be the scariest thing that's ever happened to you. But I have to leave and go get help, and you're gonna have to stay here. And so Roxy, my little Roxy had I remember when they got back, they're like, Auntie, there was an incident and like ski patrol had to come, like it's real, like and everybody starts to panic at the bottom of the mountain, like it's four o'clock. Where are they?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can freeze to get to death overnight there if you and you still wanted to get dark. Okay, so dramatic, yes, But Donna has dinner, has her dad over for dinner, which is something new we've never seen before. I was like, wait, what, Okay.
Speaker 1: They seem to be bonding of late.
Speaker 2: I like it because you know that's her dad. Yeah, but she's telling him about this new treatment that she saw on the news at the peach pit, and he is saying that she doesn't know what she's talking about like, he's very dismissive of her at first, but she's persistent, and then doctor Martin says that he will help Joe figure it out. Yeah, of course, Daddy to the rescue. Back at the wash house, Valerie and Colin finally get what they've always wanted. They get it.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not.
Speaker 2: It's a weird it's okay now because I'm like, I hate him, but they're so meant to be together. Yeah, I feel like they might be a good couple.
Speaker 1: To write him out, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, let's yeah, I know, just when we thought we were getting rid of.
Speaker 1: Him, Yeah, he's getting differently. Now we gotta deal with this.
Speaker 2: So, thank goodness, our skiers get rescued.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was faster than I thought.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was too quick. I wanted more adversity for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the in the Andes, they were there for like seventy days. We had like, yeah, eight minutes. Yeah, it's okay, that's okay.
Speaker 2: We learned that Tara has nightmares and Kelly again tries to soothe her. So that's going somewhere. Brand everybody's okay. At the ski lodge, Donna goes to church and praise for Joe's heart and he thinks that's so nice.
Speaker 1: Get out the bow. Everything's getting tied up in forty two minutes or is it forty four something like that.
Speaker 2: But we learn that maybe Colin and Val didn't do it right because she they they say that she kicked him out and they didn't you know, he didn't wake up there, so right right, maybe they are actually forming a meaningful relationship.
Speaker 1: They are friends right there. Obviously is that history there, and there is something about them. It's just it's just the two villains are together now, and I'm like, okay, great, I don't I just don't care for him. I actually want to like her.
Speaker 2: I just.
Speaker 1: Go on. And then the game comes back from Mammoth and that's it.
Speaker 2: But then we see wait, we see David on the couch with the two Mary's, and at the end of the show is David saying, the more the merrier.
Speaker 1: The mary puns are pretty solid. I wish I could think of a couple. Yeah, I wish I could think of a couple more for you just you know. But I'll go on my merry way.
Speaker 2: The good one, dear funny.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's the what are you. You know, frankly, I'm actually going to give it a nine.
Speaker 2: You know, I think that's a good score because it went to so much effort with all that skiing, and people really exerted themselves.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, it's a big it's a big episode and it was filled with a lot and I and you know, yeah, I'm gonna give it a nine. It's a good episode.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with nine to two. Sure, a why not?
Speaker 1: And next week we will review the movie everst just.
Speaker 2: On what is next week? Next week a lot of terra. Oh, we're gonna get into it. Next week we have a Leap of Faith episode twenty three. Everybody watch it.
Speaker 1: It's still season six, guys forever.
Speaker 2: It's okay, It's good. It's so good. I love watching it.
Speaker 1: I just realized all my DVDs, my whole DVD said I'm in la are here. And I started to look at the covers of all the you know, like it's kind of fun to see all the like cast changes, and.
Speaker 2: They would put like people on the actual CD. Oh yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't know how they did that.
Speaker 1: And then you know, mine has BH nine two and I on it too. My DVD.
Speaker 2: So you got the Super deluxeah Yeah, yeah d sets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's for real. Well you know what else I ordered? What I meant to show you? I can't remember where with the ordering. You need to just put a little I know. I love the Internet. I ordered a ton I just thought, you know, we might need these, like nine O two and zero Napkins plates, party big parties set, the whole party set.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I love the party set.
Speaker 1: I'll try to like show it to you next week, but we need to like do something with it. I just felt like I should get it just in case. But I don't know what we're gonna do with it. Yeah, maybe I'll bring it for jingle Ball. We should have a party. Wait, maybe it should be for our pre party, for everyone's sandwiches for the jingle Ball. Actually, I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 2: I'm sure the Boy Meets World cast will love it.
Speaker 1: It can be their turn next time. Yeah, good times. I love seeing you all week. I guess okay.
Speaker 2: And we'll take the leap of faith. H