Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this long Week trend Labor Day Week Trends episode.
Speaker 2: Oh he back, well, well, well, well at you, well, at you well atchie, or maybe more appropriately I should say bonorma michi.
Speaker 3: It's been a wonderful.
Speaker 4: Time in Pulia and now I'm back.
Speaker 3: I'm back, I'm back, doing great, And.
Speaker 1: How was it you? It sounds its great. Your your accent sounds completely authentic.
Speaker 3: I mean, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: I would say that. You know, when you're spending time in what they call the heel of the boot of Italy. Little did I realize that I would find myself being healed in a spiritual sense from the beauty of the sun and and food.
Speaker 3: I just I'm.
Speaker 1: In the heel of the healed by the butte.
Speaker 3: M thank you, thank you. See this is why I need to come back, because I'm a brain without you. Uh.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm Jack O'Brien. That is Miles Gray. He's back from his journey journeys abroad. Yes he will be pronouncing selective words differently, but not.
Speaker 3: For saying that.
Speaker 4: Thank you for saying differently, because before you said in an insufferable obnoxious way. But yes, you made a euphemistic version. I will be doing it a little bit differently.
Speaker 1: Yes, see see see. I believe you're gonna find a way to keep mentioning Fedicini for some reason. Anyways, Uh, this is this is the episode where we get back tell you what trended over the long weekend? Yeah, what a what a long weekend weekend? We we had burning Man, we had uh some ri ips to some real ones. We had Taylor Swift owning the uh well, first of all, owning owning the prison yard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say yeah, and then.
Speaker 1: Owning the studio leads a bunch of stuff. But before we get to any of it, Miles, we do like to let our guests get to know us a little bit better and tell them something that we think is overrated, underrated? You want you want to kick us off with something you think is overrated?
Speaker 4: Sure, and you know this is apropos of nothing, but I will say something that is overrated is focacha genoves Day, because you know, in the US, what we understand is focaca is actually it's from Genova and it's the kind of fakatcha you see at most Italian restaurants. But as I spent time in Pulia, specifically in Body, I realized that focacha bade is actually a superior Forcatcha. It's dowier, it's denser, it has way more like if you ever.
Speaker 3: Wrapped up in a piece of paper.
Speaker 4: It looks like this episode, dude, like when Homer had to gain all that weight, and doctor Nick's like, if you rub it on paper and it goes clear, it's good. That is what that was, and it was delicious and it's funny because a local was telling me breaking down. It's apparently a very contentious thing in Italy about who who got the good for Katcha and who ye.
Speaker 1: Say that now that you're no longer there, you can yeah, yeah, Thatcha is u caccio?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 1: I believe hew it's pronounced for.
Speaker 4: Cocas, Yes, but it's been It's I can't I can't stop thinking about it.
Speaker 3: And I had I had all these sandwiches on it, the amount the sandwich game again, you know, it's I don't know where to start.
Speaker 4: Oh man, I had one with uh, you know, as the Americans say, gabba ghoul, but colo with some olive top of nod a bit of stretchella, cheese, you know, rocket and some olive oil and it was fantastic. I also had an This has nothing to do with my overrated, but I said, one of the best pasta's I ever had in my life. It was a pistachio cream with like crushed red peppers with like tuna tartar on top. Because you're by the sea.
Speaker 1: As a stray ingredient, underrated as far as I'm concerned. When you go to the Old Country, they know how to do it over there.
Speaker 4: Absolutely absolutely, so I will say sorry to Genova, you know, the city that gave us Christopher Columbus.
Speaker 3: But not only is that man overrated, but so is the.
Speaker 1: Wow all right. My overrated is knowing the words to songs that I've been singing for years. I don't know what I thought the lyrics to hard Knock Life were, just that I thought the first part was hard Knock Life for yeah, you know it's it's like steady. I always thought it was steady something something. But I've just been singing that song since it came out in my head, out loud and just phonetically, and it just came up again because my kids are obsessed with it because it popped up in the Ninjago movie More on that later, and they were like, what are the words? They're clearly not the thing that you're uh kind of slurring through. What what what are you saying? And the lyrics are very simple. It's like instead of kids also very dark. Instead of like kisses we get kicks.
Speaker 3: You get tricked, instead of kisses, you get get kicked.
Speaker 1: They're very simple, make total sense. I prefer the blur of syllables that I had going for years.
Speaker 4: There's something sing it for me. Just give me your Morphis person and we.
Speaker 1: Get sick, we get I don't know. I can't even do yeah because I don't know what I thought it was, but it was. It was way off, and there's something I feel like. Most lyrics are like that for me. They are just I learned them phonetically and did not think about anything about like what was intended, what they were trying to say right right right, the feeling of the syllables and uh yeah, that's.
Speaker 4: Like again I always bring like so many rap songs are like that for me too, until like you know, because some back in the day, some rappers had the fucking lyrics in the liner notes if you bought the CDs. Other times you were like, I don't know what the fuck this is, and you'd go on like a janky internet site and get like the wrong version two.
Speaker 3: So I was definitely doing syllable screaming. The one I always think about too is.
Speaker 4: And I've mentioned in the show, is that Fallout Boys song Sugar were going down where I'm like, yeah, like that's easier in my mind to sing than what the actual lyrics are, So yeah, I feel that.
Speaker 1: But like that one I think is a famous famously like people are like I don't really didn't know what that was for a while, but like hard knock life, like that's very straightforward. My brand had to do work to not know what they what those young children were saying, right, But maybe I just didn't want to know that they were getting kicked instead of kisses.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you were protecting yourself.
Speaker 1: I was protecting from yeah, delicate. What's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: Underrated?
Speaker 4: And I've actually been thinking about this a lot since you were talking about how you like to do something that makes you uncomfortable a lot that if you if you stay in your comfort zone too long, you feel like you begin to like you have to fight the inertia of comfort, break the inertia of comfort.
Speaker 3: And as somebody who for the first time took.
Speaker 4: Their young baby, uh you know, traveled as a family on a plane, Her Majesty and I decided, yeah, let's try a transatlantic flight for the first fight ever we do with a rit ex seven month old. It was very at times, very uncomfortable or at times, you know, I had a lot of things in my mind about how difficult I thought it would be, and just persevering through gave me such a deeper like appreciation for not only like Her Majesty and you know, the geist child, but also just being able to trust myself in situations like that too, where you're like, oh, this is gonna be a nightmare and I'm going to probably just break down. I'm gonna be on my knees in the streets of Italy just not being able to handle anything. And I just like, I feel so much more confident, and I really like just to I don't know, I came back with such a deeper appreciation of many things, not just like our family unit, but just like being home and like the shit that being home offers me. So I have to say I have to credit you Jack for saying that, because I really I've been thinking a lot about you saying that about not about challenging yourself to do something that not It doesn't have to be necessarily being like, you know, terrifyingly uncomfortable, but just to move outside of your comfort zone in any way, be a big or small because it's true, it really does. It does pay off in the end. So yeah, got to say massively underrated for something that in our minds, I think we overrate pretty seriously.
Speaker 1: I'm wearing underwear made of out of SOS pads. That's how I approach.
Speaker 3: It is just yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: Like physical and then a shirt made of my own hair that.
Speaker 3: It's not cool, that's what that is.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, okay, So all right, Brian, I do owe you twenty bucks. I thought it was I thought it was like a mohair mesh Marina you were doing like a Jamaican kind of thing.
Speaker 1: But that is super impressive that you guys were able to travel internationally with the geist child such a young child.
Speaker 4: Yeahs and shout out to Europe or especially Italian culture for loving a baby like on site wow, because you know, in the US, a lot of times you're.
Speaker 3: Like, ah, baby, fuck, Like it's gonna fuck my vibes up because.
Speaker 1: On a conference call right now, your baby's going to be crying on the background.
Speaker 4: You're bringing your baby into this Sharky's Mexican cantina right now, I'm trying to do something serious. But yeah, like in Italy, man, like the way people stop you on the street and just like oh okay, little bambino.
Speaker 3: They It also.
Speaker 4: Made me much I don't know, like I just appreciated life more and the idea of community much more.
Speaker 3: So overall, fantastic, fantastic.
Speaker 1: You do vacations, right man, You really like come back from your vacations with like a new view on the world. It's underrated, how great, how great you are at vacation.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's that or just you know, by virtue of just trying new things, like and I guess I try to always really find that in whatever you do, because those are like the real memorable things you bring back from travel, like obviously seeing new things, but if you can add to your your worldview and come back a slightly different person and improved person. Then I feel like then you get the most out of what you do, even if you're taking a trip to somewhere you've been already. Again, That's why credit to you for like of really leaning into the unknown and the discomfort, because that's truly where they go. That's where the growth is. It's not in comfort. The growth is in the discomfort because hence growing pains.
Speaker 1: Tell you one place that isn't fond of kids, Joshua Tree, I feel it like that we went we went there for like, uh, I think it was New Year's my wife and our two kids, and we're just like sitting there playing chess like I thought, being very like, you know, quiet, respectful, but man, people were just like the fuck is this?
Speaker 3: Uh that's yeah.
Speaker 4: I think there's just I think there's just something like about sometimes when Americans are on when we go on vacation, it's like to escape the shitty like hell, escape of the toil of our work lives. Yeah, and so like you really want to expect this like very sanitized or like very specific environment in order to achieve that, and sometimes you completely nullify the rights of children to exist.
Speaker 3: In your presence. Yeah, Yeah, is not not good.
Speaker 1: Not good for my underrated I guess, I guess the Ninjaga movie. Oh it's not good. But it's like there's a whole different type of like movie experience that doesn't really like there's not a way to research it. There's not like it's not represented in critical analysis. I can't go to Metacritic and be like, yeah, but like if I'm watching with my kids, what's the what's the score? Right? But it's truly about like how much my kids enjoy it and how I feel about them enjoying it. Like, if they enjoy it but it's a bunch of like nonsense and violence, I'm not going to be enjoying it that much. But when they love it, and it's because it like gets them, you know, right right right, And it's like making word play jokes like I don't know, Lego movies do a good do a good job, not to be like so Legos this massive trillion dollar corporation under yeah the Danish hit makers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am.
Speaker 1: Curious to hear, like what what are people with young kids like methods for finding out about like media that they fuck with that they can like watch with their kids, Like the there's this website common sense media that tells you like this is probably like even though it's PG thirteen, you're probably alright watching this one at like age eleven with your kids, right, you know? But I feel like it also has like some Christian values biased in there. So I'm wondering what what do people use? Is there like a good reddit for this shit?
Speaker 3: Right? Well?
Speaker 4: I mean what so, like, what would you what's an ideal movie review that is usable for you as a parent, like aside from being like wow, it has like great you know, like the Metacritic or adult perspective review, Like what are kind of things that like what are the degrees or categories you're looking for?
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess it's just like laughter, like number of laughs of from a seven year old per age group. We also we also went to the Hollywood Ball for Return of the Jedi. Uh yeah, yeah. They like the orchestra plays the music along with the movie, which was very cool. Did not appreciate how much classical music is in just all movies, but like that those movies in particular, like in those George Lucas movies. It is a wild experience to be able to watch as like people's like nerd boners go up because like they give out these like lightsabers or like you have to buy them, I guess. And like when Han Solo comes on screen for the first time, it's like zing, like all I go up there. But that was cool because, like you know, my seven year old it thinks he discovered Star Wars. You know. So on the one hand, it's like pretty cool. On the other hand, it's like a little disillusioning, but it was it was a blest.
Speaker 3: He found his people.
Speaker 1: He found his people at Star Wars show. Yeah, all right, let's take a let's take a quick break, and we will come back and we'll talk about some of the things that we're trending over the week. We'll be right back and we're back, and we are going to keep with the story that you were in Italy and leave out the thing about how you're stranded at Burning Man. Yeah, yeah, over the rush back to get in there and get in there to the to Black Rock City, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been everywhere.
Speaker 4: Turns out Reddit does work in Europe, so I was able to see a lot of interesting video posts from abroad, like the Burning Man, not I guess debacle, just nature doing its thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so what, like why do you think this took people by? Like say, I feel like it's a lot of chadenfreuda Oh like yeah, people are like I want to see the people who go to Burning Man suffer, and a lot a lot of the viral posts where like people being like, as bad as this must be for them, it's not as bad as being stuck in conversations with them about Burning Man. I want to step in here and say I enjoy hearing from people who go to Burning Man about Burning Man. I think it's a weird experience that I have never and probably will never experience, but like it.
Speaker 3: Hey, don't speak too soon.
Speaker 1: It can be interesting to hear those stories. I love hearing from Michael Swam about his Burning Man adventures.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I like my dad because you know he's he used to hang out with some og burners. I just remember in the eighties, like when my dad's friends would like come back and like always talk about it, and I just like the way the conversation was. It's I never understood what they were talking about. And my Dad's like, it's for adults, it's like an adult thing, and I'm like what, but why does he have all these like what are all these pictures of this interesting clothing? But the culture of it seems like it just taken like it's like anything you hear those people talk about how it's just changed over the years, and as it became more mainstream, just sort of began to draw a different kind of participant, like Chris Rock.
Speaker 1: Who didn't have time blow.
Speaker 3: I feel like it makes sense as a DJ Chris Rock, you know, it's like when did he went?
Speaker 4: A few years ago? That's when I think a lot of people are like, oh, no, okay, here we go puff Daddy's there. I guess this is something else.
Speaker 1: Now do we think that we found out that Chris Rock was there? Because like, what would that have been a thing that we didn't know about, but for the whole place turning into a pot of mud that everybody had to like escape.
Speaker 4: I don't know, you know, I mean, I feel like you always liked all those websites typically do like a rundown of like here's who went to Burning Man this year, especially as it became like kind of celebrity focused, not just the festival, celebrities became focused right right, And I think in this version, I think it's interesting because I think it's a good example of someone having their rich guy freak outs, because like the way Diplo was apparently that Chris Rock was so frightened apparently as things began to devolve, like he hitched a ride back, like in a fans truck, like Mista, Mista, get me out of here, I gotta go, and he was saying things like he thought potentially that again it could be obviously hyperbolic. He's a comedian that like it could be devolve into just cannibalism and chaos, or that sounded like realistically thought maybe people were gonna like run up on their camp and like take stuff, which is like very odd because if there's one thing I know about Burning Man, it's like that doesn't seem like the norm. It sounds like all about like sharing, you know what I mean, and like you knowing on other people and being able to you know, have community.
Speaker 3: But for him, I think he was like, the pores are going to overrun our camp, right?
Speaker 1: Interesting? Yeah, anyways, glad that most people seem to have gotten out of there safely. Like the like the thing that another thing that went viral from Burning Man is like the sex plane thing, I don't know, It's just it is hard for me to like differentiate what is.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, what is the sex plane.
Speaker 1: There was like a plane that was basically an attraction where you could like book it and it would take you up into the air and like there it was like a tiny plane with just a mattress and like some red sheets and shit in the back, and then you could have sex in you could join the Mile High Club, which I've never not interested in this for so many reasons. But people were talking about that on Twitter, and I feel like when you actually looked like who was writing about it, it was like a lot of like British conservative tabloids and stuff like that. So it's just like it's differentiating the shadow freud of like the you know, conservatives who are like and this is what you get hippies for doing this stuff, and then people who I would agree, who like I'm kind of more in line with that. It's like gotta feel on musk had been like swallowed by the mud there, that would have been wonderful.
Speaker 4: I'm still just hung up on this sex plane. Is the pilot discrete? Is he taking peeks back?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 1: You been on a tiny plane I've been on exactly one tiny plane.
Speaker 4: I've seen like videos of people like on a single engine plane and it looks like it's there is no like you're just fucking right behind a van.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a van with wings is basically so I maybe they put up like a separator a divider, but it's pilot pilot and then couple having sex in a pretty like what what is essentially the size of like a a tent.
Speaker 3: So okay, well yeah to each down.
Speaker 1: The person who talked about it was like, yeah, they were discreet, they were great and made a lot of like you know, they we didn't land until we reached altitude, or a lot of like orgasm puns right right right.
Speaker 3: It was fun.
Speaker 1: It's also like the a lot of the people like that they look like the people from the real sex documentaries, oh GBO documentaries, Like it feels like this is where a lot of those people and their uh.
Speaker 5: Their descendants I have gone, Yeah, where do In my mind, I'm like that just sounds so unpleasurable for me personally to be in a single engine plane with like a two person audience.
Speaker 4: But again, we're all wired differently, So if you'd like to get your rocks off in a cessna.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, a sexna and go do your thing. Go do your thing, all right?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Timothy Shalla May and Kyrie ky Kyrie Kyrie Jrving. What Timothy shallaing Kyrie Irving.
Speaker 4: Are hard launching their relationship to Beyonce show man, it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's like all this.
Speaker 4: There's been so much rumor about how Timothy Shallowy and Kylie Jenner have been, like you know, they're discreet, but I guess not really just going to each other's houses and limousines and leaving or whatever. But you know, the Beyonce Birthday show happened, Diana Ross saying happy Birthday to her. I was unable to go do the jet lag but it looked fantastic.
Speaker 3: But yeah, apparently Timothy.
Speaker 4: Shallamy and Kylie Jenner just you know, having a good old time making out.
Speaker 3: I was more impressed with that.
Speaker 4: Timothy Shallomy just smoking a cigarette in the Sofi arena, just like off in the VIP area. I was like, Wow, this guy's these guy's.
Speaker 1: Really edgy with his sickies like it that is people are doing that again.
Speaker 4: I know that I was struck by in this weird fucking nineties brained way. I was like, Oh, Timothy Shallomy, it's hot. He's smoking cigarettes, like, and I feel like maybe I wonder if that's what Kylie Jenner's into, Just like he smokes cigarettes like some nineties scumbag.
Speaker 3: It's so cool. His breath stinks like marlbro Rett's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess he spends probably a lot of time in Europe where it's still was a cigarette smoking in Uh.
Speaker 3: They blow it right around your baby. They don't care, and I don't either. In my mind, I'm like, say it every day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in a way, like it's funny, like someone with a cigarette in their mouth will come up to a baby like it's like flapping in their lips like, oh, bombino, Bombino, And I'm like, bambino. But please don't want to have any kind of COPD or something. Please just keep the cigarettes away. But anyway, it was fine.
Speaker 1: Wow, yeah, all right, Taylor Swift. So a couple of Taylor Swift stories the weekend. This article from The New Yorker went viral, written by someone who's in jail for murder who I'll just read the opening sentence. The first time I heard about Taylor Swift. I was in a Los Angeles County jail waiting to be sent to prison for murder, and yeah, it's you know, it's interesting, like, you know, the access to media that he has in prison is a lot of just you know, like a radio station or like Good Morning America, you know, like one of the network television stations, and so like he kind of learns about her and here's her music that way, and then there's like a MP three trading scene and you know, like people who smuggle in boom boxes and CDs and like someone smuggles in her new album for him, oh well, like for his birthday, and it's just a cool He writes eloquently about like that relationship that you can have with something that like represents home or like normalcy, and right, like, I don't know, have you ever had that where you're like homesick or like traveling and then it like you're just devouring something that reminds you of home.
Speaker 4: When I would be in Japan as a kid, because like if I wasn't in school, like I was in Japan to like be with my family there, and like in the mid nineties and shit, there was not a lot of like American TV. You could just get on like normal because my my grandma and uncle.
Speaker 3: They didn't have cable or anything, so I was watching whatever the fuck was on.
Speaker 4: But late at night you could get Beverly Hills nine O two one zero or CSI Miami, And I was on that shit every night from like mid night to fucking two thirty, watching that shit because it was like the one little shred of American culture. But I never fucked with nine o two one ozer till I was in Japan, because I was like just some homeword shit I could like stare at, and I was all over that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do wonder like people talk a lot about how like McDonald's and other countries are much better than the McDonald's in the US, and I think that's definitely true. But I also think you like appreciate the McDonald's in another country more because it is that like tread of home jack, like that shread of normalcy.
Speaker 4: When I was in when I was in Body, I went to macdonalda's digit and oh, yeah, cause I'm look, I'm I'm nasty with McDonald's, all right. I've like I can't I can't help if something's wrong with me and even their majesty is like do we really have We're in Italy. I'm like, I just have to see what they have that's different. And they have like big max that are with like the chicken birth like chicken patties and shit like you get a double stacked McChicken sandwich. I was like, okay, these are all ingredients I know. But they have a pistachio mcflurry. Oh wow, m god, I it was. It was delicious and that was like the one different thing I had to get just to try it, and it was yeah, it was different.
Speaker 3: They take their food series, you know what could I say?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a there's a good section where he like writes about how he's like making friends in the prison yard who were like clowning him for liking Taylor Swift, but then they eventually come clean that they were clowning him for liking I think it was Red because I thought it was like a whack like pop departure from her.
Speaker 4: H dude, himpster Swifter is okay, Yeah, I love that. It's just just like yeah, no, like I almost got beat up because I liked Red. It wasn't even like it wasn't anything on some of my gang shit. It was just for my taste in Taylor Swift's body of work.
Speaker 1: You better not have the wrong Taylor Swift opinions. You can like Taylor Swift in the Prisoner, you just can't have the wrong tailors with the you.
Speaker 4: Know what they say, day one when you're in prison, you go up to the biggest Swifty and you knock them the fuck out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that way they don't have to fuck with you in the yard.
Speaker 1: That's right. But yeah, man, I remember like living in Europe for a couple of months, like in school, and my thread to like just devouring like NBA like articles about the NBA and just like basketball coverage, like Bill Simmons in particular, Like this was when he was like just first starting out, Like that was the most I've ever cared about anything. Was Like how much I cared about the NBA when I was in Ireland for two months. Like there's just like so much like homesickness and like normalcy and just.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, sometimes you need that cultural oxygen to breathe in.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just hanging out at the internet cafe reading ESPN two like you do all right, let's take another quick break and we'll come back and talk about a couple more stories. We'll be right back, and we're back. And so we got another we got another Taylor Swift story because we so we mentioned then the last week that Taylor Swift's Eras Tour is coming to AMC theaters.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So tickets went on sale at the end of last week. And it's like already had a massive impact on the industry because it's just fuck, the first is so real.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they so.
Speaker 1: The previous the previous record for ticket sales like pre sales was held by spider Man No Way Home, which earned sixteen point nine million dollars through one single day advance ticket sales. She made twenty six million dollars worth of tickets in like three hours. Yeah, like wow, just shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it's just like the movie yeah, because she's doing the Hey, I've got the movie version of my tour that is coming out what this fall or.
Speaker 1: It's October thirteenth, it's coming.
Speaker 4: In okay, okay, And I know she cut out the studios. That's the one thing I did I did hear about this was that she's like, yeah, I could I could do a deal with the studio, but I'm a fucking I'm gonna work my own.
Speaker 3: Distribution deal out.
Speaker 1: So she Yeah, she made a deal directly with AMC because the studios she was talking to studios, but the companies were suggesting a twenty twenty five release, which, you know, years after the tour had ended, and you know, she and her people wanted the film to come out while the tour was ill happening. Turns out they might have good instincts about this stuff, and studios should maybe shut the fuck up and recognize when they don't know what they're talking about.
Speaker 3: Well, that ever happened.
Speaker 1: Universal is apparently extra pist because they were considering distributing the Aras Tour movie, and now they've had to move the release date of their Exorcist sequel to avoid being just completely destroyed at the boss office.
Speaker 3: I love that shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Exorcist Believer was coming out on Friday the thirteenth, but now it's coming out on Friday.
Speaker 4: Shit, So she's squatting on Friday the thirteen. Yeah, wow, good yo. I like that's some villain shit that I can I can get behind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Now it's gonna come out a week early. Okay, well, I'm sorry to that exorcist.
Speaker 1: Really, their decision to get the fuck out of Taylor Swift's Way happened literally hours after she announced her movie release date. It was like sh kind of immediate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean that's good.
Speaker 4: You know, you know, the gravitational pull of fucking Jupiter or in this case, the Taylor Swift concert movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's that's wild though, how like just yeah, I don't know. We might have to go. We might have to review this one, Miles might. Yeah, I'm saying it like it's a duty. I want to go. Okay, I'm gonna be but Jack, I want to see how it holds up on the big screen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, after seeing it live in the flesh. Okay, okay, if.
Speaker 1: She has the ear monitor problem that she did, my conspira, you're like this one.
Speaker 3: She handled the technical glitch gracefully on like fifty cent.
Speaker 1: That's right. There's also a meg Ryan returned to rom Coms that got bumped because of this, Uh what happens later?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 1: What is it with rom coms about people who are aging that have like these titles that seem like they are a randomly selected sentence fragment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then there was that as good as.
Speaker 1: It gets, and and just like that, what happens later?
Speaker 3: Jack, I don't know, I don't know. I don't know why it's the same.
Speaker 1: Thing, Alec baldwe something's got to give. I guess that's a phrase that's not like a random selected but it also feels like it's in the same the same family.
Speaker 3: When Harry met Sally, you know, crazy rich Asians? Does that work?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Maybe not, maybe not.
Speaker 1: Now you're just now you're just name it, just saying names.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry, sorry, sorry, kind of just getting back into the swing of things.
Speaker 1: Brian suggesting a couple. What's that thing over there? Where's my hat?
Speaker 3: Look? Who's talking?
Speaker 1: Look who's talking?
Speaker 3: Is but that's not really a good Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like there's one guy who's just like naming these movies that all like, I don't know, Yeah, there is a genre of movie title. I don't I don't know. Let me find the one I'm talking about. Oh, it's complicated is the one that I was thinking of? Right right, right, Miles, we got another fight video, yep, we do. At the Morgan wallin. I've been pronouncing that Morgan whalen uh and for a reason apparently because oh man, these Morgan Wallen fans are whaling on each other by the porta Pattis Brother.
Speaker 4: And another video in the category of no one knows how to behave anymore outside, especially at concerts, where.
Speaker 3: A full on what was like a three person how many.
Speaker 1: People were I believe it ends up at four yeah, like.
Speaker 4: One piecemaker and then someone the one in the white cowboy boots just comes through just.
Speaker 1: Ripping people, just ripping wigs. This this is like an Eastern Have you seen the movie Eastern Promises, Oh yeah, my favorite thing to do where there's like a knife fight where everybody's naked and so like the arts are exposed and.
Speaker 3: In the Russian bopping around.
Speaker 1: This is a Eastern Promises level body horror, the way like faces in this actual fight not directed by David Cronenbrick being like pushed into porta potties and it seems like someone might actually get like pushed down the hole.
Speaker 3: Dude, So I.
Speaker 4: Thought she was gonna kick her down, like she was like kicking a like a cardboard box, like to make it fit into a garbage can where you're.
Speaker 1: Like get right in there like pramited it really you're in the sess pit. It really like there. I will not be using a porta potty again in my lifetime without thinking of this video, so.
Speaker 3: And how someone could possibly go in there.
Speaker 1: As much as I've come out and said like no more fight videos, guys like that, this is the culture, Like this is a part of culture that I can't unsee now.
Speaker 4: I like you just putting like David Crone, like the Cronenberg glasses on to watch that. Because there's so many different analyzes of his video. We saw one that was like an m M. A guy who is talking about the fighting techniques being employed by the different combatants, as you will.
Speaker 1: She goes outside here and that's a mistake because the one who has the inner.
Speaker 4: And oh yeah, now she's got control. She's got control. You're like, where have Well, this is where we are.
Speaker 1: But I like everybody like are standing upright until the fourth woman who's comes in and is just fucking wrecking people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, looks like someone who like regularly delivers cattle or something like the strength of being.
Speaker 3: Like like I wrestle tiny faux vine creatures. This is nothing.
Speaker 4: Also, I like howe though the aesthetic though, is so consistent, Like if you're if you're you know, if going to the Morgan Walland concert, you better have your little quarter cowboy boots on, you know, with your cute outfit, because I feel like every I guess because it's a country show, Like, I guess, do you look like a total herb if you show up in like sneakers or some shit or flip flop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would imagine.
Speaker 1: So yeahah, keeping closed her for like fish shows. Yeah yeah, there's also just an underrated performance by one woman who like just sneaks into one of the porta potties. You have been beating each other up inside. Like at first it seemed like I thought she just had to like go to the bathroom that bad, But it seems like maybe she was like trying to recover something that was dropped in there.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 4: I like the idea of like having to go to the bathroom because that I identify, like just seeing as somebody who's like back and I'll go to like a lot of festivals and just like that bank of porta potties and just like scanning them all waiting for the next one to fucking open up. Some run in I identify with her just kind of being like, I gotta, I don't care what's going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean she does it very quietly under under the surface is just like I gotta, I gotta get in there, and whatever you guys are doing out here, that's your thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: My name is Paul. That ships between y'all, all right, And finally, just a tragic weekend for easy listening rock stars. The main thing is the passing of Jimmy Buffett. Yeah, you know, genre creator and like got a you know, Jimmy Buffett. Music is its own type of music. Oh yeah, he passed away at the age of seventy six following a battle with skin cancer.
Speaker 3: Oh no, that's what it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gotta wear the sunscreen folk.
Speaker 3: I know, and it doesn't.
Speaker 4: It feels a little like tragically ironic for someone whose like whole brand was like getting out there in the sun and my basket in the beach and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, you've raised don't fuck around, they do not. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was, Oh, dude, I was on a plane when I was coming when I was going back to catch my flight to come home. I was sitting next to this dude who was a parrot Head, and he was like, oh no, this is like the day it happened. And he mentioned Jimmy Buffett like in some other thing and he's and I was like, oh dude, I'm like, you know, Jimmy Buffett, Like, how are you feeling? He's like he was kind of like didn't really want to talk about it. Yeah, He's like, yeah, it's sad, man, it's sad man Like it's it's pretty sad, and like his voice was a little shaky, and I was like, you know what, I'm gonna I'm gonna let you.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna let you process this. However, you got to.
Speaker 1: His devote his fan base seems like they are capable of creating as an urban legend or it's something where he actually didn't die, Like oh yeah, there's like that level of devotion. You know.
Speaker 4: I think I'd imagine they're probably better organized and could execute a plan better than like even Maga Republicans. Like if the parrot Heads like really wanted to fucking dial in on something, they can make shit happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, because.
Speaker 4: They're all like moving towards that same Margaritaville type, you know, Elysium, you know, like, yeah, shared vision of what elysium.
Speaker 1: Is they do I mean, so I didn't realize that Jimmy Buffett was a billionaire. By the time he passed away. He had not only did he have like the Margaritaville chain restaurants, but they were like homes. There are bars, there were retirement communities in both Florida and South Carolina.
Speaker 3: And he was like.
Speaker 1: A big owner in Warren Buffett's company, Berkshire Hathway. So he did well there just purely by coincidentally having the same name as Warren Buffett, I think there he was just like, we're not related, but.
Speaker 3: Could you.
Speaker 4: Imagine because I just read a story about how Warren Buffett's son is playing like like evil Oligarch in like Illinois small town politics. So yeah, yeah, yeah, we'll probably talk about it this week. It's pretty it's pretty wild, like what his son was up to. So yeah, So just a couple of Jimmy Buffett stories. One is this tweet from PFT commenter great Follow on Twitter just kind of went viral, and The New York Times basically wrote an article summarizing it or like sourcing it out. But the original tweet is the best, it says cool. Jimmy Buffett story. One time he was flying his own plane to Jamaica with Bono, as one does, and the Jamaican authorities misidentified his plane as being a weed smuggler's plane, and they opened fire on it with automatic weapons as he was trying to land it in the bay. He landed and they board it his plane and realized it was Jimmy Buffett and Bono. Instead of complaining, Jimmy was like, no big deal. I've probably got in away with a lot of stuff I should have been caught for. Instead of suing them, he just wrote a song called Jamaica Mistaka about it vibed absolute legend.
Speaker 3: Fuck wow, okay, good for you.
Speaker 1: I had heard that song title and I did not know the backstory.
Speaker 3: That's a real song, huh. I like how it's spelled.
Speaker 4: It's Jamaica and the mistake is spelled like Jamaica M A C A.
Speaker 3: Wow. Okay, Good for you, Jimmy, Good for you.
Speaker 1: There's also the this tweet that I really enjoyed from Bill Ryan at Faith you Hate, retweeted the New York Times obituary. The headline of the New York Times obituary Jimmy Buffett, Roguish Bard of Island Escapism is dead at seventy six, and he quote tweeted that and said, did mister Burns write this because it really the Roguish Bard of Island?
Speaker 4: Yeah, broke, Okay, you can just yeah, mister Margaritaville, you know that encapsulates a little bit better then them.
Speaker 3: Steve Harwell too, and.
Speaker 1: Steve Harwell from Smash Mal passed away at fifty six and due to a cute liver failure after a lot of struggles with alcoholism. And then Gary Wright, the guy who sang dream Weaver. Also, so you know.
Speaker 4: I remember that song from the Waynes World movie when I first put on my map and I.
Speaker 3: Was like, what is this fantastic track? Yeah?
Speaker 4: The best Well rest in rest in power and Margarita's and all that.
Speaker 1: Yes, rest in smooth vibes.
Speaker 3: You Roguish Bard, the.
Speaker 1: Roguish Bard of Island Escapism. All right, Myles, I guess that's gonna do it for I guess so, I guess. So we're going to be back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, Get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will walk you out tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Bye bye,