Speaker 1: By Jecker.
Speaker 2: Bring.
Speaker 1: We will see you to the corner. Welcome and one hang out. Just Baseball Show is live. Thank you so much for joining us wherever you may be ingesting this podcast video wise. Thanks for joining us live on YouTube or X. Thank you for joining us.
Speaker 3: After the fact on YouTube or X. I guess people watch archived lives on X.
Speaker 1: And then thank you for joining us on Spotify or Apple Podcast Jack follow Peter Apple Peyton geus here. As always, Just Baseball Show here on Friday, July twenty fourth, is going to be built around the teams on the bubble in the American League and the National League. There are a handful of teams contending for only oh so many spots. There are teams that kind of seem signed, sealed and delivered at this point. But who are the teams vying for the final one or two or three if you're the American League, vying for that final wildcard spot or one of those wild card spots. We are going to assess what could get them in, what could hold them back. As always, it's the Just Baseball Show presented by whom bet MGM.
Speaker 3: Did your home run home Run Bet come up short? Thanks to this MLB no sweat home run token. You don't have to worry if your bet didn't clear the fences. Just activate your token when you bet on any player to hit a home run in any MLB game, and if that player fails to go yard, you're going to get your stake back in bonus bets. May I recommend Jackson Merrill or Can McGonagall. I like both of their matchups, both of their lines. If you bet on either of them they hit a home run and they don't, again, you will get your stake back in bonus bets. Remember to use code just Baseball on bet MGM to unlock that first bet offer where if your first pick loses, you get it all back up to fifteen one hundred bucks. Jack I ran another.
Speaker 1: Model, Yeah, and I asked you via text to run it one hundred thousand more times. I need as many simulations as humanly possible from you. Whenever you say model, I say more fair, I agree.
Speaker 3: I did run it one hundred thousand times. A lot of simulations already, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Fifty thousand more, let's go.
Speaker 3: And I think this is important to remember, Like with the model has been very good to me for my futures. It's what I make my win total projections on over the season, and then I like to compare them to the Fangrafts projections. And I also like to compare them to the books. Right if I run a simulation and it says that the Colorado Rockie you should win one hundred and twenty games, I'm clearly off. But this same model gave me my six win totals this season. That was the Twins over seventy three and a half wins. They're on pace for eighty. That was the Cardinals over sixty eight and a half wins, or excuse me, Twins over seventy two and a half wins. Cardinals over sixty eight and a half wins. They're on pace for eighty two. It gave me the Astros under eighty six and a half wins. They're on pace for eighty. Gave me the Padres under eighty five and a half wins. They're on pace for seventy nine. He gave me the Colorado Rockies over fifty two and a half wins, sixty plus wins and sixty five plus wins at plus nine to fifty on bad MGM, they are on pace for sixty five wins and last, but certainly not least, who else who I got? I know those are the five and the Pirates over seventy six and a half wins. They're on pace for eighty two, so the season isn't over yet, but I am on pace to go six and all on my wind total, so I am trusting the numbers.
Speaker 1: It's all about models, baby. We are going to get into your model. We're going to get into the Fangrafts playoff projections also where these teams just sit really in the course of the wild Card race as it stands right now. But before all that, is it time to open a pack? Dude, explain to us what we're about to do.
Speaker 3: So we're about to open a pack on Arena Club. And I've been having so much fun ripping packs. And the best part about Arena Club is you can do it from wherever. And someone like me, who is still a beginner in terms of card collecting, like I don't want to spend all the money to get it graded. I don't want to have to find a card shop and go shop around. I want one marketplace. I can do it on my phone. It grades it for me, it stores it for me. And they have all these awesome packs if I want to have a little bit of fun. So let's open one of the packs. It's a fifty dollars pack. We're going to see what we get. Podcast P.
Speaker 1: Let's rip it. Let's see what we get.
Speaker 3: I'm in okay, as you can see, here's what you see on Arena Club.
Speaker 1: Great graphics, by the way. Let's see. Let's see.
Speaker 3: Let's see Joe Morgan. I'm done for a little Joe Morgan card. I mean again, Remember it's a fifty dollars pack and I just got Joe Morgan. So I'll stash that in my basically online warehouse.
Speaker 1: In your club, yeah, I believe it's called a vault.
Speaker 3: They'll either give me an option to resell it back to them, or other people on Arena Club can go in and make me an offer. I remember, I just pulled a show Heyo Tani card when we did one hundred dollars pack, and I already got two offers above market value. So it's really really fun. Again, it just consolidates everything. And if you want to use promo code just Baseball, you'll get twenty percent off your first pack on Arena Club and I'm telling you for all beginner card collectors or even professional card collectors, it's a great app worth trying out.
Speaker 1: Nasty poll Apple, You're ready to hop into these playoff teams who could be playoff teams again, we are talking about the bubble and teams on the bubble their path into the postseason. In the American League, we're going to be talking about you know, three to four spots I guess that are up for grabs. A division leader in the American League West is five hundred right now. The Raiders are fifty one and fifty one, so more wide open. With the National League, like, the conversation is going to pivot to honestly, one seemingly available spot right now, barring a skid from the Cubs of the Phillies, it seems like there is one spot available for five or six teams to contend for. But the al it is a wide open conversation.
Speaker 3: And that's why in the American League and the National League, the teams on the bubble, and I'm using quotes for all those watching on YouTube, they're different. For example, the teams like the Pirates and the Cardinals would be far ahead of teams in the bubble in the American League. And in the American League, we have teams that are under five hundred right now, where I have them as having a thirty percent chance of making the playoffs. Right, So basically, the teams that we're not going to focus on heavily but are in the conversation are the Orioles. I have them making the playoffs thirty percent of the time, the Tigers at twenty nine percent, the Twins at twenty four percent, and the Astros at twenty percent. So again, all of these teams are under five hundred. But we have to remember that the Red Sox at the beginning of July I had an eleven percent chance. These teams have double even triple that amount of chance. So it might seem low, but things can change, right, and when you sweep a team, you might go all the way up to forty percent. So I would consider all four of those teams at least in the conversation. But when we're talking about the true bubble teams, I don't really want to focus on teams that are four games under five hundred, you know.
Speaker 1: And the bubble grouping is going to change over the course of the next two to three weeks. Also depending on what happened to the deadline here in about a week and a half, so like the cast of characters will change. We're just talking about the teams that are on the postseason bubble as it stands on Friday, July twenty fourth. So those are the teams you had on the outside looking in. Why can't Baltimore get hot? Why can't Houston get hot? We know Houston might buy. They could absolutely be in this conversation. Heck, they could be in the conversation for the freaking division in a week, maybe by the end of the weekend, you know, with Texas leading the AL West at fifty one and fifty one, in Houston four back at fifty and fifty four. So you've got the Tigers that are talking about more likely to sell Schooble than not sitting four games back of a postseason spot. I think it still holds that twenty three of the thirty teams in Major League Baseball are within five games of a postseason berth. That's hard to fathom. On July twenty fourth.
Speaker 3: Nuts and Podcast p if you could pull up my teams on the outside looking in their playoff odds, I just want to throw it over to Jack and ask him, do you agree with this order because the standings don't reflect this exact order right to actually have the best record of the four of them, the Tigers, you know, the Orioles and the Astros. But my again ranking them Orioles, Tigers, Twins, Astros, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't. Personally, I'd have the Astros above the Twins. I think the Astros have the American League VP and the Twins don't. To be totally honest with you, like that's that's my reasoning there. Parades has been awesome over the last bit. They've got some other guys that are stepping up offensively. Paina is starting to you know, scorch the ball as well. So I think the Astros offense if they do get minor reinforcements, because it might be a soft buy for Dana Brown because he's executing for his job, executive ying for his job, working for his job. I think I think Houston might have the offensive firepower to just get hot and go scorched Earth in August. It is funny. I agree with you.
Speaker 3: The Astros do have the MVP and maybe even the triple crown winner in Jordan, Alvarez. But what if I told you the Twins offense as a higher ops this season than the Yeah.
Speaker 1: I believe it, But I think that the Astros are a sleeping giant while the Twins have performed to their standard, maybe slightly above. We'll see, we'll see. But I'm a Twins believer, as you know. Yeah, all right, first bubble team that we're going to talk about here in the American League, the Boston Red Sox and the Boston Red Sox have taken their playoff odds from sub ten percent at one point on Fangraphs all the way north of fifty percent. The Boston Red Sox as it stands right now, have a sixty one point three percent chance to make the playoffs according to fangrafs. What say you, We'll talk about the model and then we will give reason why they get in, reason why they could be held out.
Speaker 3: So I am at sixty eight percent chance for the Red Sox to make the playoffs with a projected win total of eighty four point two. So basically, of all the teams on the bubble on the outside looking in, I think the Red Sox are the best of them. And you know, just comparing that two fangraphs again, you said seventy percent for the Red Sox or no, it's closer to sixty one. So I'm I guess much much more bullish on the Red Sox than even the Fangrafts projections are. And I think the biggest reason why is that this rotation is so strong and it sets them up to have a scheduled advantage on most days. When you consider that Sonny Gray is going up against Dylan cs that this weekend, that might be the one game where they don't have a schedule advantage. But are we so sure? Because Sunny Gray has been pitching, at least from an er standpoint, basically exactly the same as Dylan Ceas. And you look at teams in the American League, like, how many teams have a better five starter than Jake Bennett right now? How many teams have a better four starter than Peyton Totley right now? So, and I'm also factoring in Garrett Crochet coming back at the tail end of the season and at least looking pretty good. And I also look at the Red Sox bullpen and I think it's one of the stronger ones in the American League. As well the offense. I'm kind of hit or miss on. I actually don't really have Roman Anthony contributing it all. Do you think he's going to contribute to this team down the stretch.
Speaker 1: He's still experiencing discomfort when swinging a heavier bat, which doesn't make much sense to me. I think we have no idea what's going on, so naturally I have to assume that he's not going to be a part of what happens for the Red Sox this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't really know what to do, so I kind of just didn't put him in. I've seen those get it. But the thing is they don't really need him. And again, remember this is all factoring in things before the deadline, so I basically have every team making zero moves, So I guess obviously they're going to make moves, but this is based on kind of their current team and their current strength of schedule, and the Red Sox have a relatively mediocre strength of schedule down the stretch. Average win percentage of opponents is just at five oh one. But I think it's really going to be on the offense whether they're going to exceed expectations or fall below expectations because I think everybody is pretty aligned on this rotation being good, especially adding Patrick sandabal Back. I think that's going to help. I think everybody's pretty aligned in the bullpen being good, especially behind Chapman and Whitlock. With Slayton Guerrero, Weisert Moran like, they got plenty of guys. But does Jared Durant bounce back at all? Caleb Durbin has been on a heater. Does he fall? Does he stay the same? Does he get even better? Masatak Yoshida has been hitting at an elite level lately, does he continue? Contreras a bray You. It's really hard to gauge the Red Sox offense right now because they've just been so damn hot that there's the inevitable fallof But with how good they're pitching is, I think at this point they've proven they can win low scoring games, they can win one run games, they can win on the margins, which again I think will be enough, and they are my best bubble team in the American League.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if they get in, it's because they continue to get starting pitching like this and they continue to get eighth, eighth and ninth work hel like back third work. I'm gonna expand it because there are other characters in that bullpen that are throwing the ball exceptionally well right now. I know Slayton's had some blow ups, but I have supreme faith in justin Slayton, Tyrone, Guerrero, Weissert's been really good, Geovanni Moran as well, all in front of Whitlock and Chapman, who have been nails, both throwing to his sub two this year. So if they get in, it's because pitching carries them and the offense does enough. If they don't get in, I think it's because the offense goes a well. To your point, like if they just disappear entirely and Wilson Contrara stops standing on his head and Raphaela is an eighty WRC plus guy and you'll shoot it, Yosheet, it turns into like an eighty five WRC plus guy and Willier has a slump. If they all slump at the same time, that's what can take them out of the conversation. But I think pitching can get them in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's they have such a high floor because of that. But even when you said, of all of them slump. At the same time, I think, of course, right of everyone in the lineup slumps.
Speaker 1: Sure they're gonna suck.
Speaker 3: But even if a few guys like if Wilson Catreros and William Bray you hit a snag, we could be in trouble here. We can't forget that. Before this win streak, the Red Sox had the worst record in the American League. We've seen what it looks like when it's bad, We've seen what it looks like when it's elite, And I think what could propel the Red Sox is what is your medium outcome? What does that look like? And my medium outcome for the Red Sox is still the best of the bubble teams, and it'll be on them to play either to their medium or above in order to make the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seems like a possible shoeing as well as the Cleveland Guardians, And I think this is gonna be a quicker conversation here. The Cleveland Guardians as it stands right now, are fifty four and fifty so they're one and a half back in the division. The White Sox have as many wins fifty four, but they have three fewer losses at forty seven, the White Sox, according to Fangrabs, have a forty three percent chance of making the postseason. Guardians, meanwhile, have a sixty two percent chance and making the postseason, So they are the more likely candidate to come out of the American League Central. But they fit this bubble team conversation because technically, by way of the standings, they are behind the Chicago White Sox. How do you see this Guardian season shaking up?
Speaker 3: So I want to answer what you were just talking about before I even talk about the Guardians, because I saw my projections compared to every single Fangrafts model they have seven of them. All seven say that the Guardians are going to end up winning this division. The betting odds say that the Guardians are going to win this division. I disagree. I think the White Socks are going to win this division. And it has nothing to do with the fact that I think the White Sox are going to be aggressive at the deadline. Maybe not, you know, quote unquote aggressive, more aggressive than the White Sox have been in years past. I'm not factoring any of that in. I'm just looking at the talent, and I think the biggest reason why I guess Model disagrees with Fangrafts is I think I'm just more bullish on this White Sox offense than they are because I can't really figure out why. Maybe they really dislike the starting pitching staff of the Chicago White Sox, but.
Speaker 1: Also probably lack of precedent, like I feel like President really factors in here. It seems like the last few years are taken heavily into account.
Speaker 3: No doubt about it, and it's definitely lagging from preseason expectations because we can't forget that the White Sox were projected to finish last in this division. Yeah right, so right, the Royals were projected to finish second, and look what happens. So there's been some flip flopping around, and the Guardians were one of the favorites to win this division. So I'm sure that's what they're balancing. But I don't know how you can't be bullish on this White Sox offense. Sam Antonaci is just it's a really good table setter. I know he's taken a slight step back lately, but it's still a one to twenty four WRC. Plus they got Murakami back, They've been able to tread water and or play above without him. Now they get him back in the lineup. You got Miguel Vargas, who's just frankly been one of the better hitters in the American League period.
Speaker 1: You got Coolsa.
Speaker 3: Montgomery, who has hit forty five home runs. It is one hundred and sixty seven MLB games. He's one of two shortstops with twenty four home runs, tied with CJ. Abrams right now for the most in baseball. Ben and Tendee has actually not been bad this year. He's got a one o one WRC plus. We got an average heating for manager Ben Attende start the parade. I like Bradon Montgomery, Tristan Peters, who knows, But we got a one twenty WRC plus in front of us, Chase Midrath on one oh seven.
Speaker 1: What am I missing here?
Speaker 3: And when I compare it to the Guardian's lineup, Jack, I know Jose Ramirez is back, and I know that's awesome, but have you seen the bottom four in their lineup?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean Patrick Bailey is hitting better than he has been, and that's been one of the Guardian's best hitters lately. Like I don't know if anybody watched that game against the Twins yesterday. I think the Guardians went zero for seventeen with runners in scoring position. Now, I like the Guardians pitching staff better, but I don't think there's as big of a gap between the White Sox offense and the Guardians offense, to the Guardians starting rotation to the White Sox starting rotation and not only All I'm doing is looking at their current numbers this year. I think the White Socks are going to be more aggressive at the deadline, so I think they're going to win the division, and the Guardians are one of the bubble teams what.
Speaker 1: I think, so I will disagree with you there and what I think does the White Sox in in terms of I guess the disadvantage in relation to the Guardians is the bullpen. At the end of the day. Cleveland has rinse and repeat, one of, if not the best bullpen in baseball every single year, and the White Sox are trying a whole bunch of different casts of characters every single season. Now, they have some guys, no doubt about that, But the Guardians have guys to cover five innings if they need five days a week. So it's the the Guardians. Like number one starting pitching health has been outstanding. The Guardians have had five guys start a baseball game for them this year. That is absurd after the All Star break have all five starters make every single start in the rotation. And then I look at the bullpen. So yeah, while I agree with you, it's not that stark of a drop off between the white sock or between the Guardian rotation of the white sock rotation the Guardian's staff and the White Sox staff, I think is as stark a drop off as the white Sock to Guardian offensive situation.
Speaker 3: So I agree that the Guardian's bullpen is better. I agree that the Guardian's bullpen is safer. I agree that the Guardians bullpen is more proven, I don't agree that it's that much better. And here's why. At this point, what does Grant Taylor have to prove to tell everyone he's one of the better relievers in the American League. This guy's been fantastic this year, striking out close to thirteen per nine and he's got a two six to three era. Sean Newcomb now has just been solid for a while. He's got a two four to one. Brian Hudson has had a great year two h eight ERA, and Jordan Hicks has really found a home in this White Sox bullpen. He's pitching to an ERA at three and that's with Sir Anthony Dominguez having a bad year at a four five zero er. But he's a guy who you, I guess he's been around the block. There's some trust still there for at least maybe a good stretch down the down until the end of the season. So I agree with you, Guardian's bullpen is better. The gap just isn't that big.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I guess we'll agree to disagree there. I do think that volatility is on the Guardian's side. I think that they are far more even than the White Sox, and the White Sox could have some of those guys blip and the Guardians have shown us four to five years in recent history of them being awesome from game one to Game one sixty two. But this is a Guardian conversation that if the Guardians get in, why if the Guardians don't get in why.
Speaker 3: So I also want to be clear to all my Guardians fans out there. We got Colin in the YouTube chat, Peter's picking everyone in the ale Cedral except Cleveland this year. How are her heroes fall? I'm sorry because I have been such a Guardian's truth and for such a long time here I just as they get new information, I change. But at the same time, I still have the Guardians making the playoffs. I give them a fifty nine percent chance of making the playoffs. Eighty three wins. I think it's more likely than not that this team is playing in October. So I have the White Sox for example, I think i'd have to go check. But at eighty three point six wins, so it's really really close. And again, I still think the Guardians are a pretty solid team with Cleveland. Like I hate to do this, Jack, but isn't it kind of whether they have magic or not? Yeah, because here's the thing about the Guardians. The Guardians forever have played above their talent they have Yeah, right, we call it guardball for a reason. That speaks to the Guardians organization that they put guys in spots to succeed. And I've talked about this with Milwaukee, We've talked about this with Tampa. It's like some teams are just better at playing the game of baseball than others. Yeah, I mean, we can't forget. The Guardians had a seventy nine and a half win total to open the season. The Brewers were at eighty four and a half. That's what these models look at on a pure talent basis, but the Guardians routinely play above that. So that's what I think is going to separate the Guardians, Because on paper, Guardians might not have as good of a team as like the Orioles, but they're way better at playing baseball than the Oriols. They're better with rudders at scoring position, they're better at doing the little things. Overall, they have better pitching. So I really think it comes down to that. I know it's simple, and I know it's kind of a cop out, but I believe it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to take it a step further. I think the Guardians get in if the record in one and two run games is over five hundre, right. I think they don't get in if their record and one and two run games is under five hundred.
Speaker 3: They're gonna play a lot of those games because the offense just isn't very powerful, so they don't have those bats that can change the game with one swing really outside of Jose Ramirez who just got back, but he also was coming back from a hamd eate injury, which historically hurts batter's power.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I think that they are going to play a whole bunch of four to three games and three to two games and three to one games. So at the end of the day, if they win more of those than they don't, then they're in. And that, my friends, is the laziest sentence ever uttered as it pertains to a bubble team.
Speaker 3: From our comments, we still love you, Peter, and I love you too, And I think the Guardians are going to make it in I guess, I really. I'm curious what for the Guardians playoff chances. How does Peter's model account for Lebron Spring Cleveland, It's effect on Citi's bra I don't think that'll have any certain effect.
Speaker 1: I think it's I think it's a revenge tour for the city of Cleveland right now.
Speaker 3: I do wonder what Guardians fans think because are we just talking out of our ass?
Speaker 1: Are we going too simple?
Speaker 3: Because that's truly what I feel about the Guardians. I think it's going to be about are you winning on the margins?
Speaker 1: I think every Guardians fan will tell you that they win games three to one. That's just how they win exactly.
Speaker 3: And for example, just yesterday, I was just watching they lost three to one. Right it was an extra innings game where they weren't hitting with runners in scoring position a normal Cleveland Guardians win. They get that big hit and they win that game. And that's what makes them such a tough team to face, because if you play them in close games, they're really really good, historically good at winning those games. I think it will come down to that form.
Speaker 1: All right. The Texas Rangers the next team that we're going to talk about, and as it stands right now, the Rangers are the division leader in an even five hundred and fifty one fifty one. According to Fangrafts, the Texas Rangers have a forty nine point five percent chance to make the postseason. That is, folks, a toss SEP. What say you, Peter Rapple?
Speaker 3: I think they do and I think they win the division podcast P would you mind pulling up my projections on the Rangers. I have them finishing with about eighty three wins just to tick short at eighty two point eight and my playoff projection is sixty one percent. And this series is going to be a massive one. This weekend, the Mariners and the Rangers play a four game set starting Tonight ending on Monday at Globalife Field in Texas, Rangers versus Mariners. And then right after that series, the Mariners go and play the Dodgers in LA and the Rangers go to play the Rays in Tampa. And you might say, well, the Mariners have a harder one against the Daughters, of course, but I have you seen Tampa in Tampa. They're unbeatable, the best team at home this year. So both teams have really tough series after So this could be a separating series here. If the Rangers win three out of fourth, the Rangers went four to fourth, the Mariner's win four out of fourth, the Mariners went three out of four, you can start to kind of command this division. I think the Rangers are going to win this series this weekend. I just don't really trust the Mariners on the road this season. But here's the point, let's go to the Rangers with Langford back. I think that this offense is still being slept on a little bit because I think when you think of the Rangers, you think pitching and just a team that refuses to hit and largely like I get it right. The Rangers are sixteenth in ops. It hasn't been great, but they've missed Cory Seger for a while. They've missed why At Langford for a while. But Corey Seeger will eventually return. But even if he doesn't, I kind of like this offense. Jack Peterson, Langford, Josh Young and Brandon Emo, Jake Berger, Ezekiel Duran. You've thrown Nicky Lopez and Justin Fosku in there. All of those guys have WRC plus is over one hundred, and I don't want to like, I almost feel like we should just blend the Mariners and Rangers here.
Speaker 1: Don't you think we can? Yeah, so let's let's bring the Mariners into this conversation as well. So the Seattle Mariners, as it stands right now, they are a game under five hundreds, so they're a half game back in the division. They're fifty one and fifty two, and their playoff odds, according to Fangrafs, are sixty nine percent. Fangrafs loves Seattle and they like Texas. I think that's the fair way to put it.
Speaker 3: So I have the Mariners making the playoffs fifty four point seven percent, but of course I have the Rangers winning the division. And you're probably wondering why all these teams can have above a fifty percent chance of making the playoffs when there's only three spots and we've already talked about four teams and we haven't even talked about a team like the Rays or the Yankees, whoever ends up winning the American League East, Because think about it, they're all kind of coin flips. So that's how you can get to a certain projection. Is It's not like if the marin have a fifty four percent chance, that means the Guardians have a forty six percent chance. It's not really like that. So it's it's it's about balancing all of it. It's very complicated. We're not going to get into it right now. But what is important though, is I do think that the Rangers are the better team, and I think it comes down to I'm not buying this Mariners offense. I also am worried about a lot of these Mariners starting pitchers on the road. I mean, Brian MOUs got An ERA over four and an ERA below three at home. Why Because he's just getting crushed on the road. A lot of these guys are, and this Mariner's bullpen is not quite as scary as it previously was. And with cal having the downright horrible season that he's having, Juli Rodriguez has not had this bursting second half like we're used to, and he's been banged up as well. It's not as daunting of an offense either. I just don't think that they have that super high floor like they used to because of how good the starting rotation was, because of how good the bullpen was, I think it's relatively weaker than a year's past.
Speaker 1: I will give you the if Seattle gets in, if they don't get in right now, because I think it kind of like lays the groundwork for the Ranger take. For me, if Seattle gets in, it's because Jerry Depoto did exactly what he needed to do at the deadline. Yeah, and that's been an impact. Yeah. Deadline's humongous for Seattle. He gets several impact bats, at least one right handed impact bat, probably two right handed impact bats, and they also go and get one more legit reliever because to your point, the Seattle bullpen is not as daunting as it was last year. Now a brash injury for the majority of the season has certainly impacted that. But right now you're looking at a big four of Muno's spire for Rare and Bizarto, and then after that it's just kind of a white flag bullpen right now, Like those are their advantage guys, and you can only cover twelve outs at this point, Seattle. Great note from Payden here, they're pitching staff, not just their rotation, their whole pitching staff. A three to one five ERA at T Mobile Park and an ERA over four away from T Mobile Park. They're seven over at home, they're eight under on the road, so they need to get better. I think they need one more iron in the fire in the bullpen, and I think they need two more irons in the fire offensively. Now at full health, this lineup does look pretty good, but it looks very left hand. So they need to figure out a way to spell Colt Emerson, Like, I know he's your top prospect. I know he's got ninety million dollars in the bank in the over the course of eight years, but at the end of the day. He's just not good enough right now, especially in left on left matchups. They've got a couple of guys that are just not good enough in left on left matchups. And the ref Snyder signing being brutal is brutal, Like that is a huge anvil here because they felt like they grabbed a short platoon masher and it turns out he's just been stinking up the joint this year. So I think Seattle gets in because of a great deadline. It's left out because of an underwhelming deadline. Texas. I think they're going to be very quiet. I think they get in because they keep pitching, and Langford is Langford, and they've got other guys that you know, kind of pop offensively. If they don't get in, it's because that offense just kind of has collective anemia.
Speaker 3: So I want to give you a scenario. Let's say the Rangers take three or four from the Mariners. Okay, Mariner or Rangers get a couple of games up on them in the division, which they already have a lead in, yep. And then let's say the Rangers lose two out of three to the Rays. The Mariners lose two out of three to the Dodgers. So the Mariners up until the deadline, you just lose three or four to your division rival. No, and you're five under going into the deadline. Yeah, how sure are we that Jerry Depoto, a guy who likes to play it carefully, is now going to go full board at this deadline?
Speaker 1: To be honest, I don't think I've ever heard Jerry Depoto and playing it carefully in the same sentence. I don't think he does that at all. You think that Depoto is the closest thing.
Speaker 3: We've got to preller interesting, I don't think he plays it carefully whatsoever.
Speaker 1: I think if he's within striking distance based on the way that these pitching, the way that the rotation service is playing out, like you only have some more many years of Logan Gilbert, you only have a couple more many years at George Kirby, Like you're running out of time with this best rotation in baseball, quote unquote, so it's time to capitalize. No, I agree with you.
Speaker 3: I just don't know if he's going to see it like that, Like I don't. I guess I don't view Depoto as like a prelleresque type.
Speaker 1: Of guy interesting. I totally do. I view him as the preller of the American League.
Speaker 3: I think that he's you know, he's brought in guys like Josh Naylor, and he's brought in guys like Randy Rose Arena, and he's made some deadu.
Speaker 1: Hadeo Suarez at the deadline last year.
Speaker 3: Chris Young has also been sneaky aggressive too, like they were the team to trade for Mackenzie Gore this offseason, Like they have made some moves that kind of shock everyone. Like I just I don't view the Mariners deadline being all that different from the Rangers deadline. But again we'll see right again, the Mariners could win three out of four, and then they could go beat the Dodgers. Then they could get hot and the Rangers could fall. Like I guess, I'm more just leaning towards my own projections, but it could easily go the opposite direction. And that's why this series this weekend, I will be watching all four games so closely. I think this is this series to watch this weekend, even though Yankees, Phillies, you got the Dodgers, Like, there are some great series this weekend. We're gonna do a weekend preview later. But this this these four whoa we got almost playoffs in July.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. It's gonna be awesome. All right, we're gonna pivot the conversation of the National League here in a moment. But before that, quick word from our friends at Hampton Farms.
Speaker 3: Imagine you take your seat at the ballpark, the smell of fresh cut grass and ice, cold beer, peanuts and the promise of three hours of uninterrupted bas What if you could bring the ballpark home to you with Hampton Farms peanuts. You can, America's number one in shell brand can be found in your local produce aisle, or twenty five percent off at Hamptonfarms dot com with code just Baseball. Bring the ballpark home to you with Hampton Farms Peanuts.
Speaker 1: All right, time to talk about the National League. Here. You have one team that's on the outside looking in right now, and it's kind of a feature story on the San Diego Padres, who as it stands right now, San Diego heralds a record of fifty and fifty three. They're three hunderd five hundred. They are four back of the final wildcard spot in the National League. They have dropped two in a row. They've dropped six out of ten, the San Diego Padres and aj Preller. You think that they are toast, Yes, I have.
Speaker 3: Them making the playoffs six percent of the time. What does Fangrafs have them at.
Speaker 1: Fangrafs has San Diego at seven point three percent.
Speaker 3: So I'm a little bit lower than they are. But both of us are basically saying that this team just shouldn't add. You say they're fifty and fifty three, they are fifty and fifty three. They're lucky to be fifty and fifty three. They really are when you look at run differential, when you look at expected win loss record, when you watch them on TV. We've talked about the Fangrafts projections, We've talked about expected win loss and all these fancy numbers. Watch them, Watch them for a game. This team can't hit. I mean, lately, I have been impressed with Fernando Tacis junior. He's looking a lot like the Tatis junior of old Jackson. Merril's even put some better swings on the ball. Manny Machado is actually on pace to hit thirty home runs, But in reality, ty Franz has been the best hitter on this team this season. That's what we're looking at, and this rotation is just pretty barren right now. You know, we love we love our guy, Walker Buehler, you know, but they have JP Sears, it's Herman Marquez, it's Griffin Canning with an opener.
Speaker 1: It's tough right now.
Speaker 3: And then the bullpen is obviously awesome, But the bullpen doesn't matter as much when you're already down in the game and the offense has only put up one run and your starter is given up three or four. And again, I'll go back to the Hembo stat. This team has won a lot of one run games, a lot of come from behind wins this season, which generally it's hard to project that moving forward. Just looking at what they've done this year, the Padres have no business stiffing the playoffs. And it's funny to see that Preller is still might bot. I disagree. I don't think he should and I think he should Listen to a lot of Padres fans out there, a lot of the Padres fans I'm seeing on social media, a lot of reporters people do great work covering the team, are like, don't do it. Trade expiring deals. We need to replenish this farm system. Have you seen what this team looks like. I agree with them who watch I mean, I watch a lot of baseball in general, but they're watching every game, all nine innings, and they're saying the same thing. Is what Fang says, what my model says, and what my brain says, which is that this team is a full tier below the teams were about to talk about.
Speaker 1: So the one counter is the offense is finally starting to get going. In nineteen games in July. Their seven to seventy seven ohps is sixth in baseball and they have twenty one stolen basis, which is one of the top marks in Major League Baseball. So San Diego is starting to get hot offensively at the right time. But to your point about the rotation, they're a whole bunch of weaknesses. But for the first two to three months of the year, we were just saying this team can't hit, this team can't hit, and then all of a sudden, they're starting to hit a little.
Speaker 3: Bit, but it's not resulting into wins. They're not gaining ground in any way. So as the offense starts to not look anemic, the starting pitching staff is starting to fall apart. They can't sink. So, yes, they've been better than futured lately on offense, I don't think it's enough, especially because again, the the teams in the National League are just simply better. If the Padres were in the American League, we might be having a different discussion. There's a lot of teams in the American League that if they were in the National League, we'd be having a different discussion. Sure, but we're talking about their competition. The Padres, don't sniff. I think the teams that we're about to talk about that are truly on the bubble. Do you agree, Like, I'm at six percent, fangrafts at seven percent. You didn't run a model, But like, where are you with the Padres? Like do you still when you hear those numbers, are you shocked by that or do you think, yeah, that's probably where they are.
Speaker 1: I'm like, no, I'm not shocked by it. But at the end of the day, like they still have Mason Miller employed to throw the ninth inning, they still have Moro Hone. I know that there have been some bullpen injuries, and they still have Fernando Tatis Junior starting to catch fire, and they still have Machado and Bogarts and Meryl. They have so many sleeping giants in this lineup. Man like Bogarts could have a two homer night over the weekend, and I wouldn't be supprise because it's Sander Bogarts and he's a two hundred and ninety million dollars player. Was he deserving a two ninety I don't know. I don't think so. Not a lot of people think so. But at the end of the day, he played to the place where a team gave him two hundred and ninety million dollars. So there's enough here for them to catch fire. And there's a lot of baseball left, Like there's fifty nine games left for the majority of these teams. So that's like the biggest thing that jumps out to me. But oh well, we're gonna get to the teams that are actually on the bubble. But before that, really exciting opportunity presented with our friends at LIDS, Colson Montgomery, the star shortstop for the Chicago White Sox, we are going to be having a meet and greet because of the Tops Chrome release. It's going to be tomorrow here July twenty fifth, it's going to be at the Lidds at water Tower place, So eight thirty five North Michigan Avenue in Chicago tomorrow at eleven am Central time at the Lids at water Tower. It's a meet and greet to celebrate the release of Tops Chrome with White Sox star shortstop Cold Montgomery. So if you are in the Chicago area and want to meet one of the better young shortstops in Major League Baseball and rip up some great cards with our friends at Lydd's, head on over the Lids at water Tower again, eight thirty five North Michigan Avenue in Chicago. Really exciting stuff. Yeah, I'll be there. Can come me.
Speaker 3: Colson rip Tops Chrome in store for a chance to win a free jersey through their Rip to Rep program. So it's going to be a lot of fun. I'll be doing a short interview with them with our guy Elijah Evans as well. So yeah, if you want to come by, say what's up, meet Colson Montgomery. It's gonna be really fun again at the LYDDS the water Tower in Chicago, eleven am Central on Saturday, July twenty fifth.
Speaker 1: Love it all right, let's get to the NL bubble teams right now, and the first one that you have listed here is the Marlins. I will defer to you for a lot of this stuff, but the Miami Marlins right now, they currently sit a game over five hundred and fifty two and fifty one. They're eight and a half back in the division. Fangrafs has them making the playoffs at a fourteen point five percent chance, and they sit two back of the n wild card picture. The hot Arizona Diamondbacks, what say you.
Speaker 3: I'm slightly lower at thirteen percent. But it's funny though, because my win total projection for them is like eighty point one, which is slightly higher than a team like the Orioles, who have a thirty percent chance of making in the American League, You know what I mean, They're kind of a victim of the league that they play in because there's so many other good teams. I mean, we're gonna talk about the Nats, We're gonna talk about the Pirates, the Cardinals, and the d Backs, and there's only so many spots, especially because there's no guarantees in baseball. Clearly we know this, but a lot of teams are fighting in the American League for the second and third wild card spot. The Marlins and all the other teams that we're going to talk about are kind of fighting for only one spot because the Cubs and the Phillies are just so damn good. So while you see thirteen percent, I actually think they're on a very similar talent level as like a team like the Orioles, where they're going to finish close to five hundred.
Speaker 1: And I think what.
Speaker 3: My model is a little bit nervous about is, you know how you kind of mentioned with the White Sox where it's a lot of guys that are having good seasons in the bullpen, but they haven't done it before, Like there isn't that kind of there hasn't been that consistency year over year. It's like a lot of guys that have come up and have had good seasons.
Speaker 1: I think the.
Speaker 3: Model is factoring some of that in a little bit for a lot of these guys. And the rotation right now with Max Meyer getting hurt, that's just a tough one because after Sandy and you know, I love Yuri, but Ryan Gusto, Jansen, Junkin, Tyler Phillips, you're likely at a scheduled disadvantage for a lot of it. However, I really like that this offense. I mean, Otto and Stowers has been hitting better. Roberto Hernandez has been a really good bat against left handed pitching. I still think Xavier Edwards is solid. I think Liam Hicks is solid. Griffin Conine, you know, our friend has had an awesome year. He's sitting with a one forty two WRC plus. I think Jacob Marcy is better than the seventy three WRC plus he's shown. And I like Joe Max So I really like this offense. But I think the Max Meyer injury hurts the depth from a starting rotation standpoint scares me a little bit. And I think the bullpen is hit or miss. It could be better than I think, it could be worse than.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 3: It's just hard to grade them in general. So among the teams that we're going to talk about, they're not last. We're going to talk about the Nationals. I have the Marlins ahead of the Nationals, but I just don't think they're quite as strong as the Cardinals and the Pirates.
Speaker 1: So I will give you a if the Marlins get in, this is why take and then we'll push on. I guess we're waiting like a official diagnosis and severity on Meyer. We just know he's on the IL right now. What does that look like? Does that mean, you know, a couple of weeks. Does it mean he's back next week. Does it mean he's gone for an extended period of time. We don't know yet, so I guess he's been. So whenever he hits the IL, it's a huge loss if you haven't been tapped into what Uri Peiz is doing as of late. This is the best version of Uri that we've ever seen. He is on the attack. I think Uri continuing to throw like a frontline guy certainly helps. And I think when John King and Bender come back, this is a legit bullpen and the stuff in that bullpen is absolutely insane. I think the offense continues to hold this heat up that they experienced, like they were scorching hot from June first to like July tenth, but after that they tapered off for like a week. But then in Houston they did get going a little bit offensively. They were just three tough losses in Houston. I think if this if this offense pulses up again as a collective unit and they're built on pitching, which they have been for the last handful of years. That's how they get in here, so excited to do it document that as they continue to push. Let's go to the Washington Nationals here, and the Nats currently sit, I believe, tied with the Marlins here in the National League East right now. Washington currently sits at fifty two and fifty one, so they again are eight and a half back of the division and Fangrafts gives them a seven percent chance of making the postseason.
Speaker 3: What say you, Yeah, I'm at seven point one with the Nationals with a projected win total of seventy eight point seven, and I have absolutely zero problems with this offense. I think it's a really fun, good offense, really entertaining to watch.
Speaker 1: Here's my issue.
Speaker 3: Are they truly the second best team in baseball when it comes to ops for the rest of the season. I think it's just going to be hard to maintain. When you got Abrams and you got Garcia and you got James Wood, really anything can happen. But outside of kiber Luiz, those are your three or four guys who have a WRC plus above one. Hundred right, Like when you look at the bench, Mead Schaparro and Harry Ford, they have all been hitting well. It's like guys who I think have hit hot spurts. But as a total offense, I still think they're going to be top ten. I really love this offense. I just don't think they're going to be second, which again I think is going to hurt, especially if the bullpen continues to blow games as one of the worst bullpens in Major League Baseball and they struggle to find a really good pitcher outside of Cavali and Foster Griffin at the top of the rotation. So I think there's just a big bottom out potential with this team, and that's why I think I'm lower on them than all of the rest. Like the Marlins, to me, feel like they just have a higher floor. Like when the Marlins play bad and the Nationals play bad, the Nationals play a lot worse. When both teams are playing well, I don't think the gap is all that different. So it's more of a bottom out projection for the Nationals that has a much higher possibility than the other teams.
Speaker 1: And we know that Washington isn't going to buy like they're not going to push chips in, so you know, like, do they go and get low cost relievers in hopes of doing this? Maybe. I don't think it's so locked that they're just going to try scouring the DFA market. I don't think it makes much sense to do it. If they get in, it's because they win a whole bunch of games ten eight. If they don't get in, it's because they lose a whole bunch of games ten eight. To be totally honest with you, this offense can hit their way into the conversation. They can hit their way to a handful of more wins. It's just over the course of sixty games, can they be the last one standing out of five or six teams that are in contention for one wildcard spot? I don't think the pitching is built to do that for Washington.
Speaker 3: I will say, though, this has been such a successful season for this team. I mean, they were pretty successful with the second They were projected to finish with the second worst record at the beginning of the season to the Colorado Rockies. I think I got a big take wrong. I said they would finish with the worst record in Major League Baseball, I'm pretty sure I said that at the beginning of the year.
Speaker 1: I was wrong.
Speaker 3: This team has totally outdone my expectations. They've outdone a lot of people's expectations. However, they still have that dark cloud hanging over them, and that is the second half of the season. We saw what happened to them last year. In the second half of the season, every single hitter fell off the face of the earth. McKenzie gore. I think you put it up an era at twelve. Obviously, McKenzie gore is now a ranger, so that's what they might have to deal with.
Speaker 1: But just overall, this.
Speaker 3: Team completely fell off. I don't think they're going to do that this year, but I am saying that it's not out of the rama possibility.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, next team that we got to talk about here, the Pittsburgh Pirates. I'll make this very easy. The Pirates as it stands right now, Pittsburgh fifty three and fifty three over There were eleven and a half back in the central But Fangrafts does give them a forty five point six percent chance of making it to the postseason, and the Pirates currently set a game out at a final wildcard spot right behind the Arizona Diamondbacks. They can slug their way to the dance, point blank in period. If they get in, it's because this Marly Valdez continues to do the things that he has been doing and they continue to hit the ball out of the ballpark. If they don't get in, it's because Ben Charrington didn't do enough for the bullpen at the deadline. That bullpen is not good. They just dfa Dennis Santana. That's crazy coming into this year thinking that they were going to DFA Santana before the deadline and they would still be in contention. But that's where we sit, no doubt about it.
Speaker 3: They just traded for Ron Maronaccio and then dfa Dennis Santana. That's wild to me. So of the five teams here, the Marlins, the Nats, the Pirates, the Cardinals, and the d Backs. We're going to talk about the Cardinals and the d Backs in a second. I have the Pirates with the highest win total by point one over the d Backs, and then right there is the Cardinals. And again the Marlins are two wins behind the Cardinals, so it's really not that big of a gap. But I've just been continually pressed with this Pirates team because what we're what were we worried about going into the season, Jack, that this defense was going to be a massive problem, the starting pitching was going to be great, the bullpen was going to be horrible, and that the offense was going to be mediocre. The offense has been much better than mediocre. And again, it has been without Connor Griffin, it's been without O'Neill Cruise, it's been without Spencer Horrowitz. Like all of these guys have missed time. When all of them come back, this is a really good offense. I'm sorry, it is like they could add one more bat and now Ezmerline Valdez has certainly been holding it up here, but as they get back reinforcements, they can replace at least some of that production from Valdez. And have you been watching Bubba Chandler lately? Like I know you just talked about Yuri. Bubba hasn't been that good, but he's at least improving. Mitch Keller just tossed six against my Yankees. That'll probably be his best start of the season. But and Braxton Ashcroft got crushed for six earned. Yeah, I think that'll be his worst start of the season. Jared Jones lately, dear God, the guys that are ninety nine at the top of the zone with his patented breaking ball. He looks like the Jared Jones that we know and love, which is an elite pitcher in this game. So the rotation is coming into form. I like this offense, and it'll be on Ben Charrington to address the bullpen and you know what, Overpay, sure do it, because I really do think that this team can compete if they get a couple of solid bullpen arms, and I think they can go up against the Cubs, they can go up against the Phillies and compete.
Speaker 1: I really do like I don't think.
Speaker 3: I think the Pirates, if they add a couple bullpen arms, are better than what the Reds were last year as that third wildcard team.
Speaker 1: Yes, I could totally see that. And at the end of the day, to your point about the offense being objectively good, the Pirate offense right now is number one in baseball and batting average it's number two, and OBP it's number three, and team ops they're eighth, and homers they're eighth in bags and most importantly their second in run score, and this offense is legit.
Speaker 3: They're number one against right handed pitching, which I think is super important, right because you face a lot more righties.
Speaker 1: Than you do lefties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and being the number one offense is incredible, Like they deserve a lot of respect here. So yeah, of all these bubble teams, I think the Pirates are going to be the third wild card team.
Speaker 1: They're my pick. All right. Two more teams in the National League that we got to talk about here, the Saint Louis Cardinals. Cardinals are an interesting conversation right now, and Saint Louis is still firmly in the thick of it. Cardinals are fifty two and fifty twelve back in the Enal Central FANGRAFS gives them a twenty point four percent chance of making it to the postseason. They currently sit fifth in the wild card standings.
Speaker 3: This is tough because right now I have the Cardinals at twenty nine percent chance of making the playoffs again, still really in the hunt, and I've called him a playoff team for a while, but now I'm just starting to sour on that a little bit. And a big reason why is this bullpen is starting to kind of fall apart a little bit. Right now, they've fallen all the way to twentieth and era twenty first and whip they're twenty fourth in strikeouts per nine. You know, Dustin May isn't really on his heat or anymore. Michael McGreevey has been great, Kyle Lahy has been great, but the rotation is starting to take a little bit of a step back. And this offense is still really solid. But Mason Win, we need you to step up offensively. We know how good you are defensively. But Jack he's got a six thirty four ops. Blaize Jordan, they've called him up. He hasn't done anything. Jimmy Crooks at the catch position hasn't really done anything. I know they still got Pedro Pajez, but he hasn't done anything offensively either. Like, we know how good the top five are, we know it. The problem is they drop off a cliff at the end of the lineup, and a player that is definitely an X factor for the second half is Mason Win. We' hi hit to a mid seven hundreds ops. That could be enough to change a couple of ballgames. Yeah, so he I'm watching him. I'm watching this Cardinals bullpen, but at the end of the day, I think another reason I'm souring on him.
Speaker 1: I don't think they're going to be aggressive at the deadline.
Speaker 3: I think I'm going to see twenty five percent chance of making the playoffs and say, all right, we're gonna start selling. I still think the Cardinals finish around five hundred. They have a nice season again, ahead of schedule. Can't forget they started at sixty eight and a half, but ultimately outside looking in.
Speaker 1: Yes. The other big thing to me is if Riley O'Brien was still pitching like an All star, I would be convinced because they could cut the game by an inning. But he's not. Like Riley O'Brien has been very fragile over the last month and a half or so, and it was really fun while it lasted at the beginning of the year and at the end of last year. But Riley O'Brien, I'm just not sure if he's that guy. To be totally honest with you, so I'm with you. Yeah, pitching deficiencies, they could be holding them out, but still have Walker and weather Hole to your point, so they can absolutely slug their way into the conversation, but I'd be pretty hard pressed to see how they don't kind of pitch their way out of it over the next two months, no doubt. Last team that we yeah, last team that we got to talk about here is the Arizona Diamondbacks in the National League West, and they are on fire right now. Arizona currently in terms of the wild card picture, sits in the final wildcard spot. They're fifty four and forty nine. They've won eight of the last ten, They've won three in a row. They now have a positive run differential at plus one, and the Arizona Diamondbacks, according to Fangrafts, have a forty percent chance of making the postseason right now. Let's say you, so I am a little bit lower.
Speaker 3: I'm at thirty seven or thirty six point eight actually, to be exact, like, so I have the Pirates of thirty seven percent and the d Backs at thirty six point eight percent. It's really anybody's ballgame. But ty goes to my brain, and my brain is still picking the Pittsburgh Pirates. And the reason I'm not picking the Arizona Diamonbacks is I have no idea what to think about this rotation, said Wardo. Rodriguez, going to continue to pitch to a two six'. Two, honestly MAYBE i have my. Doubts Mitch, bratt he's twenty, Three he's got almost as many walks as strikeouts so far and his ten and two. Thirds Cole drake another prospect who they, got young Lefty Merril kelly who's had a terrible, season striking out five and a half per. Nine And Brandon fodd has put together good, starts but at the end of the, day he's got a four to four to THREE. Era like a lot of the D backs, problems, again are not their. Fault if you told Me Michael, Soroka Ryan, Nelson Zach, allen and Gorbyin burns were in this, rotation we're having a way different, discussion Right SO i think that's the difference IS i trust The pirates. ROTATION i do not trust The diamondbacks rotation at. All, HOWEVER i think the D backs bullpen is actually a full, tier if not, more above The Pittsburgh. Pirates but, AGAIN i think The pirates are going to address. That what are the D backs gonna do trade for four? Starters and THEN i look at the. Offense your brain might tell you the D backs have a better offense because that's, what like, you you should think as a baseball. Fan he's been watching baseball for the last five. YEARS i like The pirates offense, better SO i THINK i got the better. OFFENSE i have the better starting pitching, staff and so this is just based on what it is so far this. SEASON i think The pirates are going to add bullpen, arms which will even increase their odds even. More that's why my pick is The pirates to be the third wildcard team behind The cubs in The.
Speaker 1: Phillies here's What i'll say About. ARIZONA i Think Mike haysen is going to put to the test the idea Of peralta not costing much as a rental and the idea Of gosman not costing much as a. Rental what is the price of a rental? Starter Because Mike hasen could realistically go get two rental, starters and it just depends on how good the rental starters. Are if you told me that you had an influx Of Freddi peerltza And Kevin gosbin in this D back, rotation what would you Say i'd get a little right more Ex. Yeah but here's the.
Speaker 3: THING i just gotta, remember where do you think the D backs rank an ops this year on? Offense because we're talking about the, rotation and the rotation is the biggest, problem but we can't overlook another problem that they.
Speaker 1: Have where do you think they? Rank, YEAH i MEAN i think their bottom half right their.
Speaker 3: Twentieth, like that's shocking to me about A dbacks team that is getting a great season From Gaby.
Speaker 1: Moreno it's. Funny now we get the Healthy gabby moreto this. Year, yeah, right and he's been the. Best he's been the best hitter in their lineup BY wrc. Plus, Uh Gaby, moreno how about. This since the beginning of twenty twenty, three The diamondbacks With morenos starting behind the, dish they are one sixty seven and one thirty. Eight they're nearly thirty games over five. Hundred with anybody, else they're forty six games under five. Hundred he is AN x factor for, them and again BY wrc, plus he has been the best hit her in their lineup this. Year he's been better Than, Carrol he's been better Than. Marte Gabby moreno has been the guy For. Arizona and to your, point it's, Like, okay there are a whole bunch of other glaring deficiencies right, now and the offense is a macro is bottom ten in baseball at. Ops but this Is moreno's healthy.
Speaker 3: Year here's how the D backs make. It here's how the D backs make. It Kdel marte has to play. Better he's been eight percent abovely gaverage this. Year, offensively you.
Speaker 1: Got to be. Better you're way better than. That you should be one forty by, now hold, on, god graphic, Discrepancy, peyton can you throw that graphic up one more? Time he said six games, under not forty. Six, OKAY i misread. THAT i thought they were one hundred and one forty. Six my. Bad, okay there's six hunderd five hundred when he's not. Catching they are nearly thirty over when he is. Catching so that's on.
Speaker 3: Me all, Good and then you have Coateel marte again who has to be, better and Are Aldo perdomo here's been one percent abovely.
Speaker 1: Gaverage he's got to be. Better those two have to step.
Speaker 3: Up Mike hazan has to make a big time trade first starting, pitcher and then we could talk but, again they could still do it BECAUSE i do like their, bullpen and if those front four are hitting and they get a decent enough starting pitching, performance they can beat a lot of. Teams Right they're going head to head against The cardinals doing just, fine beating the shit out of them.
Speaker 1: Yesterday so the D backs can absolutely. Compete but.
Speaker 3: Let's go over now we just had we have our. Picks maybe you'll stay away from The National league because The marlins are in. There i'll ask you about Your American league, thoughts, like who do you think the wildcard teams?
Speaker 1: Are, okay So, tampa The White, sox AND i will Have seattle winning this. Division so then that leaves three. SPOTS i Think texas gets, In Yankees. Cleveland oh, god that's. Tough, Yeah, NO i Think, Yankees, Cleveland. Boston those are my wild card picks right, now With seattle winning the division instead Of texas in The American League, west so mine IS i.
Speaker 3: Have that's, FUNNY i have The rays finishing in. Second BUT i my model has been low on The rays all. Year i'm going to throw that out the. Window i'm just going to say that The rays and The yankees are the.
Speaker 1: Winner and the wild card.
Speaker 3: Team, SURE i have The White sox winning the division and The Red sox is another wild card. Team so REALLY i just have one spot, left AND i think my one spot is going to go To. Cleveland AND i have The mariners missing the playoffs and The rangers making.
Speaker 1: IT i think those are my.
Speaker 3: Picks and then for The National, league you have The dodgers winning The, west you have The birwers winning The. Central you have The braves winning The, east and THEN i have who is? It cubs And phillies in and The. PIRATES a, Right that's WHY i, Go.
Speaker 1: Yeah we will rap real quick with the weekend. Preview but before, that one more quick word from Peanuts.
Speaker 2: Just baseball's number one ranked peanut prospect is none other than The Hampton farms In shell Peanut hit tool plus plus that crack of the shell is elite power easy plus seven grams of protein per serving makeup great source of fiber In america's number one in shell. Brand this is a five tool Snack Future value eighty. Grade get the top peanut prospect in the produce aisle or twenty five percent off At hamptonfarms dot com with code Just. Baseball that's one, word Just baseball for twenty five percent off At hamptonfarms dot.
Speaker 1: Com who presents our weekend, Preview Peter apple the best games of the.
Speaker 3: Weekend The Weekend preview is presented by The Picket sports. App best app. EVER i use it every single day for all of my bets to track all of my. Picks and you should Two. Why number, one it's. Free everybody loves free. Stuff number two will actually make you money and not just make you a better, gambler which it, will but, also if you sink your sportsbook and use promo code Just, baseball you will win legitimately anywhere from three to one hundred. Dollars that's, Right Coaches, Baseball you'll get three to one hundred dollars when you sink your sports. Book and when you sink your sports, book you're able to track all of your. Bets you're also able to find the best lines because we know that a minus one ten line versus a minus one twenty line for all the gamblers out there is a very different. Line you always want to get the best line on whatever sports book and pick it will show it to.
Speaker 1: You so it's a free app.
Speaker 3: That makes you a better sports better and can even make you a little bit of. Cash it's an absolute no. Brainer now it's time for the weekend.
Speaker 1: Preview, OKAY i will tee you. Up we will talk about The Friday. Games first huge series this weekend AT Pnc park In, Pittsburgh cubs And. Pirates On friday night at six forty Pm Eastern, Time Matt boyd gets the ball for The cubs Opposite Jared jones and The. Pirates what say? You and why?
Speaker 3: So Jared jones is just pitching so damn well that it's hard to really go against. Him but Remember jack WHEN i said that The pirates are the number one offense against right handed, pitching they're number eighteen against left handed. Pitching And Matthew boyd has looked okay. LATELY i think this is going to be a really good.
Speaker 1: Game but you know, WHAT i. Believe give me the. Buckos, okay next one for you at six forty five Pm Eastern time In, philadelphia It's Yankees. Phillies Cam schlitzler gets the ball on the road at a raucous environment against Teesus, lozardo who has been one of the best pitchers in baseball over the last two.
Speaker 3: Months, absolutely AND i think this is going to be an awesome.
Speaker 1: GAME i.
Speaker 3: Think that total is sneaky, low AND i think it's based on how good that these two starting. Pitchers my model actually liked the over for any betters out, there AND i think it's mostly because The phillies bullpen isn't all that great and The yankees bullpen is good at in, spots but it's nothing that necessarily The phillies should be all that afraid of when it comes to picking a. Winner a mode of like The phillies this, morning AND i don't really know. Why my brain Says. Yankees my model Says, phillies and since my brain is, BIASED i have.
Speaker 1: To go with The. Phillies, okay there we. Go good for you putting, IT i guess showing YOUR j card and putting away your. Bias that's.
Speaker 3: YEAH i really don't know why it's liking The phillies above The, yankees If i'm being honest with, you like It's Cam Schlitlerkem.
Speaker 1: Lozzarro has been, AMAZING i, know AND i think that's.
Speaker 3: WHY i think it's just they're at. Home it's giving them a little bit of a.
Speaker 1: BUMP i don't, know, YEAH i don't, know all, Right last one On friday, here huge wrap around series, again four game sets starting tonight In, Arlington Mariners. Rangers Bryce miller For seattle up against a left hander for The yankee or for The rangers against This mariner. Lineup Mackenzie gore gets the ball For. Texas i'm gonna go with The.
Speaker 3: Rangers The mariners have an eighty SEVEN wrc plus against left handed pitching this. YEAR i, mean they just can't hit.
Speaker 1: Him.
Speaker 3: Now Mackenzie gore has been kind of a pitching machine these pitching to AN era near. Five so you know this will be a big prove it game for The. Mariners can you beat your division rival and can you beat a left handed? Pitcher and The mariners have just Been sea song. Series they win a, series they lose a, series they win a, series they lose a. Series they just lost a. Series did they win?
Speaker 1: One we'll. SEE i do think that The rangers end up winning game. One, okay let's Talk saturday, now and now we pivot to The ballpark pal game previews. Here Sonny gray is starting for The Boston Red sox at four to ten At fenway Against Dylan cees in The Toronto Blue. JAYS i can't wait to watch this.
Speaker 3: Game and for all those again, looking ballpark pal is a great, model and they make The Red sox minus one. Ten remember we were talking about scheduled disadvantages for The Red sox against a guy Like Dylan cees the ballpark pole, model and maybe that's more because The Blue jays. STINK i think that's, fair AND i Think Dylan cees pitches. WELL i don't think The Blue jays are gonna sniff like three, Runs SO i will take The Red sox in this one at. Home they're just too good to bet against right, now.
Speaker 1: All, right seven to Ten eastern on the south side Of. Chicago Sean burke in The White. Sox Sean burke has been good so far this year Against Hunter brown and The Houston. Astros ballpark pile makes The White sox the. FAVORITE i agree with.
Speaker 3: Them Hunter brown just hasn't looked like The Hunter brown of, old While Sean burke is on an incredible heater right. Now he's looking at least in his last four or five, game you, know stretch as one of the better pitchers in The American. League i'm gonna ride the hot. HAND i like The White, sox especially at. HOME i Think burke can go right up Against Hunter brown and bang with.
Speaker 1: Them last one On saturday at seven fifteen At City field In New, York Yoshinobu yamamoto on the road to The dodgers Against nolan McLain and The New York. Mets what a sick. Game but you got The.
Speaker 3: DODGERS i, Mean noel McLain looked downright filthy in his last, start AND i think he's gonna perform well against The. Dodgers but you Got yamamoto with that. Offense forget, It. Dodgers all.
Speaker 1: Right now we pivot To sunday Here Cleveland tampa In, Tampa Parker, MESSIK i left you against That tampa lineup Against Drew, rasmussen pair of all stars in The American.
Speaker 3: League can't wait to watch this game as, well great starting pitching, matchup But rasmussen at home In.
Speaker 1: Tampa Love messic. LOVE i think The.
Speaker 3: GUARDIANS i think that this could be a sneaky team to actually win this. Series but in this, game you just can't go Against rasmussen at the. Drop give me The.
Speaker 1: Rays, okay that is A peacock. Game twelve. Fifteen first pitch at one thirty Five eastern time In. Baltimore It's Braves Orioles Roynaldo lopez Against Brandon young for The orioles in a bravez. Os So i'm not in love with this.
Speaker 3: GAME i more wanted to bring up Ballpark pals projection that they make The orioles a small favorite here against the team like The Atlanta. Braves AND i think a big reason why Is Brandon. Young he has been one of the most underrated, pitchers maybe the most underrated pitcher in all of baseball this, year pitching to a low, threes really good, fastball And Raynaldo lopez is just so hit or. MISS i grew with ballpark Palle give me the. O'S i think the Upset atlanta, here.
Speaker 1: And then why the heck did you feature this? One at two Ten, Eastern Jacob mizerowski and The brewers at home against The rockies And Kyle.
Speaker 3: Freeland it's the biggest pitching Mismatch i've ever seen in my entire. Life Jacob mizerowski thrown absolute fuel Against Kyle freeland try to get His zerra below seven with.
Speaker 1: The rockies on the. Road The brewers might with this game forty to thk not because are you are you calling a position player pitching in this? One oh, Yeah i'm calling.
Speaker 3: TWO i think this will be one of the first games we see where it's like we're bringing in position players by the. Sixth you see The tigers brought one in by the. Seventh just forfeit at that, point just, forfeit all, right that DOESN'T i brought up a bunch of games.
Speaker 1: That i'm going to watch ON.
Speaker 3: TV i will be watching That Brewers rockies game BECAUSE i want to see how stark a difference it is Watching Kyle freeland throw eighty seven To mizerowski throw one hundred and.
Speaker 1: Seven love? That all? Right that's our? Program tick us, out.
Speaker 3: Baby that'll do it for this episode Of The Just Baseball. Show hopefully you enjoyed all of the episodes this. Week feel like we provided some, bangers deadline, primer mock, trades playoff. BUBBLES i already forget what we did earlier on in the week a. Roundup if you enjoyed the best way to support The Just Baseball show for absolutely, free just smash the like button and the subscribe button on YouTube before you, go and if you're listening to us on, Audio spotify Or Apple, podcasts best way to best way to support the show is just by leaving a five star. Review if you want to get yourself some Just baseball merch links in the episode description you want to join the best baseball group chat in the world and talk deadline with us links in the episode description for Jack balling On Peter Apple special shout out to podcast p for brilliant. Producing once, again have a great. Weekend we'll see You sunday seven thirty pm From eastern for the weekend round, up Or i'll see you tomorrow for the meet and greet With Colson montgomery at The lids In.
Speaker 1: Chicago and with, that thank, you m