Speaker 1: It is Monday, December eleventh. This is Jetuars Happy Hour. Jaguars Happy Hours presented by Jet Home Loans and now a guy who could eat some wings. Ravens have wings, Jay p Check and welcome.
Speaker 2: He is Jaguars Happy Hour on this Monday, December eleventh, the first hour of Jaguars Happy Hour presented by Jet Home Loans. We are live on location at mister Chubby's Wings in Panavidre Beach. Fantastic setup for us today and a busy two hours ahead. After a Jaguars loss to the Cleveland Browns yesterday thirty one to twenty seven in the final, the Jaguars are still in the lead in the AFC South. All the other teams chasing them lost yesterday, so they didn't lose any ground up. Next the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday Night football, the first Jaguars Sunday Night here. It's since two thousand and eight. Oh yeah, a really good football team coming in, keeping it real as we always do. In the second hour, fanatics, fan questions, and plenty of time for you to get down to Panaviter Beach to join us in person. We're on tentionin XL Amjaguars dot Com, Jaguars YouTube Hall of Famer Tony Vaselli with us as always, Jags analyst Jeff Loghman stepping in. It's a home game for both of you, guys, and good afternoon, Tony doing good.
Speaker 3: No PD today, he's uh traveling. Well. We might have him on the phone in the second hour. Just yeah, No, I mean word is he was afraid to come in because you know, he doesn't like dissecting watses very much. I think that he likes that more than wins.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 3: I'm being sarcastic JP. This is he was. He is very sad that he can't be here with us today because he he enjoys pointing out all the problems. Well, logs, there were a lot of problems. That's the issue.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: I'll say this.
Speaker 2: The last two weeks they've lost by a combined seven points. However, they've lost and it just feels a little uneasy.
Speaker 3: This guy is falling, is it.
Speaker 2: I can tell you there's a lot of things not to be happy about, but I think the majority of them are fixable. But challenging to fix, I think is a good way to put it. That's a AM.
Speaker 3: I am I being kind? No, I mean the way I would say it is.
Speaker 2: Because I don't want to come off as being a guy that's just wearing the teal colored glasses here.
Speaker 3: That's Tony we call a happy hour. The The reality is this, You're not gonna do anything even if you make the playoffs if you don't play better. And I think some of it is absolutely fixable, and some of it is reared its ugly head because of injuries and you know, he scratching things and we'll go through the you know, the misd assignments, the turnovers, everything else. I mean, so this team has to start from ground zero of like, let's start the game by not beating ourselves. We're not good enough. And really no team in the NFL is good enough where you beat yourself. And this team the last two weeks has beat itself with turnovers, with missed dessignments and just poor play. So you and I think that's what Jeff's talking about. That is that fixable. Absolutely, those are all fixable things. I mean, if they fix like half of them, they win. Sure, you think, I mean, who knows, but go in with the mindset no good team in the history of this league consistently wins. When you beat yourself, when you have stupid penalties, stupid mistakes, misd assignments are killing this lea killing this team. We're gonna leading to some of the leading to some of the turnovers, frankly, but then you go back. I also think like we are a We're a good team. I mean that. I said that two weeks ago after we beat Houston. Going into these two games, I feel like we're a good team. I feel like we can compete with anyone in the AFC. That I have not changed my thoughts there at all. Now it's a bigger challenge because of the injuries we've we've had. However, I also think sometimes when you win and the teams we were playing and guys were making plays and the ball was bouncing airways at times, but they were playing good football, it also causes you to overlook some systemic issues. And I think this team has some systemic issues that's gonna that's gonna be a challenge for them to win in January, and that is controlling the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and trending in the wrong direction in some key areas well.
Speaker 3: Defensively, they're in the wrong direction. I think they had kind of been what they are all year up front on offense.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's fair, but here but here's here's the issue. Your backs are now hurt, and then right with okay, the the the issues up front still being there, it makes it look even worse. And now also your quarterback's hurt. You lost a wide receiver and your best wide receiver, so now you've got to lean into other areas. And the problem is right now this team is having a hard time leaning on those other areas. And defensively, they're not playing the way that they did earlier in the year to where they were jam up against the run and then finding a way to get it done against the pass, and one of the best teams in the league at one point on third down defense, and right now they're not stopping and running. The last time I checked Joe Flacco and Jake Browning, we're not exactly up rush alan quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: They're the backups.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's the fourth quarterback of the year for the Browns and Flacco was on the couch three weeks ago watching football at his mom's house.
Speaker 3: So literally, that part of it for me is very concerning. Well, I mean I think, I mean, this is game seven. I believe that we have averaged under four yards and carry on the ground offensively. And here's what happens when that becomes a trend.
Speaker 2: It was the lowest total output of the season, by the way, fifty eight yards rushing.
Speaker 3: And if you take away Trevor Lawrence's three rushes for eleven yards, the backs average seven you know, two point seven five, two point seven six yards per carry. And what you're seeing, which is super concerning, is I think there's a complete lack of faith to run the ball between the tackles from our play callers, I mean press Taylor and then obviously Doug's part of that as well. You look at everything we do it it has to be you know, some kind of pin and pole play, get outside misdirection with the wham, but nothing we don't line up and run downhill. And what that is now doing is influencing how we called the game. And we had fifty pass attempts, only seventeen called running plays. We had fifty three call play passing places because Trevor scramble three times with a quarterback with a high ankle, spring with a quarterback with the hikeel Sprain and how many times was he sacked? Four times? So actually, I'm sorry we called fifty seven pass plays. That's not ideal. We called seventeen run plays. It was third in less than a yard and we're an empty shotgun.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: Everyone could say press Taylor this, Press Taylor that, and I said it this morning. I'll say it again now. As an offensive lineman, you have to earn the right and build confidence in your play caller that they can call the ball, call the run, and you can go get a yard. And somebody tell me and JP, you know this, there's not a bigger apologist for this offense line than me, and I always will back those guys. But reality's reality, Jeff. When you can't get a yard in the NFL and you can, I watch how Press is calling plays. Now, tell me how many things we call between the tackles downhill, wind up and run inside outside zone, or run power and just go downhill. We don't even try it.
Speaker 2: Third tried it. It goes backwards, you know. And give you a perfect example of there was one run play that really stuck out in my mind. Yes, Antonio will probably remember this one very well, and that Shatley at left guard is trying to pull.
Speaker 3: First play of the second No, yeah, I think it's the first play of.
Speaker 2: The second half, okay, And so you're trying to get Shatley front side, get an extra blocker over there to the front side, and all of a sudden, you got a defensive tackle, which look, Jim Schwartz's defenses, they're taught to get up the field.
Speaker 3: That's what they do. And you know that, okay, you know that there's.
Speaker 2: Penetration and to to the point where he literally the penetrator knocks Fortner into Shatlee and then that's the that's the minus five or minus six yard game that ETN had. And it's like, how can you run the ball if you're gonna have that kind of battle result at the line of scrimmage, I mean, you just you got to be better than that. And if you're not going to be better than that, then you go the route of what I think Press Taylor is doing right now, which is just saying not even going to try to run it, We're just gonna go ahead and throw it.
Speaker 3: Let's spread it out and throw it down the field. But that's problematic. Oh yeah, that is the when I say systemic problems, I think we overlook because when you're winning. I'm not saying the coaches do. I think they've I mean, but it's us covering the game. And you know, Jeff and I probably less because we watch the tape and talk about it after each game. But just like as a fan or a casual observer, even covering the team, when you're winning. You know, I say it all the time. Winning is like the great gravy at Thanksgiving. It can take a dry piece of turkey and make it really dang good if you throw a little stuffing of mass Medale's around it. And winning is that gravy. It makes everything better. But in a gravy, you can't figure out what's underneath of it. That's that's exact. Great. But but now you look at you're in December, it gets cold, it gets harder. You're fighting for playoff. I mean, we are playing a team yesterday that's in the playoff race, fighting for their lives too, and now you're gonna get in. I believe this team will still win the division. I still think they're the best team in the division. So you're gonna get a home playoff game. But if you can't run the ball in the playoffs or stop the run, it is really hard to advance.
Speaker 2: Let's we'll get back to the offense and just a little bit in Trevor Lawrence's performance. Well, let's touch on that defense again. And yeah, it doesn't slow down this week with the Ravens coming to town and the best rushing offense in the National Football League led by the quarterback a dual threat in Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 3: Well, first of.
Speaker 2: All, the Jaguars haven't done a very good job lately against the run. And then you add in the communication issues. I mean, you had three explosive plays in that ball came yesterday that I mean, we're like that when you watch the plate went, who's supposed to cover that guy?
Speaker 3: And that's a problem.
Speaker 2: And from the Najoku first third and one, which, oh, by the way, third and one, Cleveland Browns lined up to run the ball, okay, and you're taking it seriously, and then he hit a big play, right, That's kind of what you want your offense to be able to do. Okay, But you can't do that because nobody's gonna line up and literally stack the box and then play you like the Cleveland Browns or the Jaguars played the Cleveland Browns and and and we'll get into all who was responsible. But I mean those three big plays, you know, two plays in Najoku and then uh, what was the other one to uh the wide receiver.
Speaker 3: Eighteen the Tillman, Yeah, Tennessee till me.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think it was Tillman. Tillman was nineteen. I think it was a different guy rarely used, like third team wide receiver.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bell hit sorry, And so like wait a minute, and uh, you know.
Speaker 2: It's pretty easy to solve some of these problems. I mean, it's just do your job. And that's kind of been an issue that's popped up a little bit and then they solved it and then now it's rearing its head again.
Speaker 3: Well it's week fifteen like issues. And I understand that.
Speaker 2: And you know, just like last week against the Cincinnati Bengals with Jamar Chase. Okay, first of all, you didn't have the right personnel on the field, and then you were trying to figure out what do we do with the wrong personnel and.
Speaker 3: All the time out probably idea I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, And so Cisco's trying to get somebody lined up on a wide receiver on the far side of the field, which you know, you'd like to have Cisco as a deep middle player to maybe save a touchdown there to Jamar Chase once Jamar Chase got past Tyson Campbell, but it didn't happen. And so those are the things that as a defense, you know, because here's the thing. The Jaguars offense has a set of objectives, okay, and it's called their offensive command. Number one, protect the ball. Number two's create explosives. Number three is be great situational offense. So as a defense, you're trying to prevent all of that. Okay, well take the ball away. Okay, you did that. Check number two, Uh, stop explosives.
Speaker 3: Didn't do that?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, number three, be a great situational d didn't accomplish that, you know. So I'm this defense and this offense. They've got to change the direction that they're going because last year at this time they were ascending and right now I think they're floundering a little.
Speaker 3: Bit plenty ahead.
Speaker 2: We'll come back in a moment and get back to the offensive performance. And Tony, you're gonna start naming names. I am you are okay, can't wait for that.
Speaker 3: We're naming names.
Speaker 2: JP shack was awful in pregame, Tony Vasselli, Jeff Logoman, JP Shaddick with you from Mister Chubby's Wings in Pan of Edra.
Speaker 3: We're here until six o'clock comes.
Speaker 2: Join us and Jags fans want customized Jags furniture for your home, check out zip cheer dot com and browse all customizable options.
Speaker 3: ZIP Chair Furniture for fans.
Speaker 2: This is Jaguars Happy Hour presented by Jet Home Loans.
Speaker 4: They're just too many of these communications.
Speaker 6: You know, we've been playing, we've been playing together for a while now, and that's on us, and we've got to take some accountability, you know, for cleaning that up.
Speaker 4: And that's just stuff that can't happen, you know, for both of us.
Speaker 6: You know, we've got to be on the same page. And there it seemed like all those plays that we weren't you know, some weeks you're able to.
Speaker 4: Get away with it and it doesn't bite you.
Speaker 6: It seemed like this week they all did turned into turnovers or or sacks or bad plays or whatever, you know, So we gotta we all got to kind of take accountability and look in the mirror and you know there's stuff that you know, I didn't do well today. And then just in general, we all have to communicate better. We have to be on the same page. We have to play together and just do the little things.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: I think we're over the loo in some of.
Speaker 6: The details, and I think that's where some of the stuff's going off.
Speaker 2: That is the quarterback Trevor Lawrence after the game yesterday in Cleveland, a Jaguars loss thirty one, twenty seven and welcome back. It's Jaguars Happy Hour presented by Jet Home Loans on ten toinexl AM, Jaguars dot Com and Jaguars YouTube JP, Shadrick Hall of Famer, Tony Vasseli, Jeff Logoman and then in the second hour Pete Prisco scheduled to join us over the phone. We'll keep it real as we always do, and fanatics, fan questions come join us at Mister Chubby's Wings and Panavitra Beach. We are here until six o'clock rehashing because we must. A Jaguars loss to Cleveland. Miscommunications, Trever Lawrence talking about I mean, what are we talking about?
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 3: Let me come on. There's another way to say that. I think that Trevor, and I'm not saying he's without blemish or without sin. I don't mean ultimately, I watch the tape and I have theories and I can make some assumption. Well, we love to hear your series, but I don't think it's miscommunication. I think it's called a misdassignment or a mental error.
Speaker 2: I mean that's what at least that's what we used to call them.
Speaker 3: Somebody screwed up. And it is clear on certain situations that Trevor thinks someone's in a zag and they zig look just to keep it as simple as possible, like perfect the interception in the red zone, by the way, it's I believe it's first in tent on that play as well, if I'm not mistaken. It's a Calvin's running arounte and Trevor I think, believes he's gonna sit it down at twelve yards and Calvin breaks it off like a slant by the way, into covering almost like a post round, like a skinny.
Speaker 2: Post but a very nonchalant doesn't even get his head back post route.
Speaker 3: But and it's in the coverage. This is why I'm pretty positive that it was the wrong route and Trevor's thrown on time, He's thrown to a spot and the guy's not there.
Speaker 2: Much like, let's go back real quick before we go to the next play from yesterday. You go back to the Bengals game when Trevor got stepped on.
Speaker 3: That's right, Parker Washington.
Speaker 2: He was expecting Parker Washington to do something and he was unloading the ball and then had to stop it because Parker Washington was not decisive in what was being asked of him.
Speaker 3: Okay, now we're back to yesterday. Yeah, I mean those are example. I mean, on this one, I don't know. I mean, there's a post. I'm not sure what it's first down and ten again, I believe, and I'm not sure why Trevor even throws it. I think he believes the backside safety can't get there. He throws it like it's going to be a skinny post and work vertical. Zay breaks it more of a traditional post kind of breaks it more towards the middle of the field, and it leads to an interception. I think that one might be on Trevor. Yeah, that's why I'm saying, I don't know if it's Trevor back. I had to guess. Yeah, me too, So I have no idea, but just I mean, and you can even see you see it at times, and I've noticed it the last couple of weeks where you know, sometimes we see Trevor and maybe it is Trevor sometimes that the ball is just way off target. Yeah, I believe a number of those times is the depth of the route is not correct because Trevor's throwing to a spot on timing based on depth of route, like each of these routes have like it's a twelve yard out, it's an eighteen yard comeback. Well, if you all of a sudden take that eighteen yard comeback and shorten it at fifteen, you've changed the timing. Or if you take a twelve yard out and you run it at nine yards, the quarterbacks throwing to a twelve yard out, I mean, that's just simple football.
Speaker 2: It's you got to be precise, that's right, and you've got to be consistent and you got to be dependable to be able to function in an NFL offense. So let me go to the other interception, which was down the sideline. Okay, Trevor's got pressure Okay, coming up the middle, he's got to get rid of the ball.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So if you guys are playing quarterback and you know that pressure's coming, your first thought is I've got to get rid of this ball.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 2: Sure, Okay, So you're gonna really quick process in your mind where you need to get rid of the ball. At more than likely, you guys are probably gonna decide to throw it somewhere where maybe one of your guys has got a really good chance of beating the defender one on one to make a play.
Speaker 3: Correct, all you can go further, Jeff, not only I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go somewhere where at worst I got a fifty to fifty ball, fifty fifty ball against where, And by then then I'm gonna figure out who's my best guy should be? My best guy should be fifty fifty ball should be. And I'm going there because I got pressure, I know I got man coverage. I'm gonna I'm gonna go take a shot.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, here's the play. Trevor gets the ball and here comes pressure the middle. He knows that Calvin Ridley is out on the right side, and he's got single coverage and he's gonna launch it. Okay, Now let's focus in on Calvin Drought. Calvin comes off the line of scrimmage, runs vertical, bends it to the outside to go vertical once again, but the defender.
Speaker 3: Stays on top. Okay, that's fine, but you still have to go.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, he takes it from out of fifth gear and puts it into fourth gear or third gear, even slows down a little bit.
Speaker 3: Well, the ball's on the way.
Speaker 2: And then once he realizes the ball is on the way, now he's trying to catch back up again. Well, the defender's on top and makes an easy interception. If he had just kept running, in my opinion, he would have at the least made it tough for the defender to make an interception and at best maybe he makes a play or maybe he get pass interference yeah, or gets a flag.
Speaker 3: Right finish the play.
Speaker 2: And my point is is that this year a lot of people have asked the question about about then I'm not just focusing on one guy because it's across the board, not across the board, but it's it's you got issues here and there. But Calvin Ridley needs to be more dependable and more reliable and more consistent. I mean, if you're going to be that guy, that's what you've got to be. And I've noticed over the last couple of weeks that they're trying to not this past game, but in weeks prior, they were really trying to, I think, keep him engaged and involved with the reverses and such, to keep his you know, keep them involved in the game, because I mean there was games where he just didn't have a lot of targets, and I think part of the reason why you're not going to target a guy if you can't depend on them. This game, he had thirteen targets, four catches, a Jones fourteen targets, five catches. That's twenty seven targets only nine receptions between your two top guys, which is a terrible catch percentage. I mean, let's look at Evan.
Speaker 3: Ingram are they are they our top guys?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, receiver wise, Ingram's the guy I think, I mean the offense. I mean this real quick, Evan okay, twelve targets, eleven receptions. Okay, And I'm not saying that that's the kind of number that you expect out of your top receivers every week. But I mean, if you look at the top receivers in the league, their catch percentage is much higher, oh yeah, than where it's at for the Jaguars wide receiver. And that has to be better. And it's exactly what Trevor's talking about. Trevor's talking about dependability, you know, and we've got to be accountable. And look, he's trying to own some of the responsibility himself and making sure that he's deflecting it and owning some.
Speaker 3: Of it himself.
Speaker 2: But here's the problem when your quarterback starts talking about that stuff.
Speaker 3: It's been going on for a little while, yeah, and it's a problem.
Speaker 2: We remember early in the season when Ridley had the drop and then the next drive had a false start, and then he later in the game had another drop and had a second false start, and it just kind of snowballed for him in that game alone. You know, in a game like this, same idea. Right on the Parker Washington touchdown, on the other side of the play, it looked like like looking at the referee on.
Speaker 3: The side, I think he was arguing with the referee because if if you go back to that play, that was the play that the Uhmarius, None, that's Notarius Darius Smith, thank you. Zadarius Smith is off sides because he thinks we're we've moved. He's standing in the neutral zone and somehow the official doesn't call the fight.
Speaker 2: Which is terrible because he's this is worse than Tony.
Speaker 3: He's standing in the neutral zone. Yes, and and I think Darius Tony is off side. This is at least is way better. This is a much yes, much more obvious. And I think Calvin, which I'm not saying he should be, he should just go run, go run the it's a free play if you whatever is I think it's the same play. He's arguing with the official.
Speaker 2: Why the officials not going to that's what the job just decription is of a coach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a lot going on, I mean, but let's go back to I mean, how do they fix it?
Speaker 2: By the way, real quick, On that play, Trevor didn't throw to the right guy but turned out all right, I mean, very lucky, very lucky because that ball should have been intercepted. But Evan Ingram was the open guy. He literally leaks out late to the right and and it's it's a walk in touchdown and an easy throw for Trevor.
Speaker 3: He Trevor missed that one. Well, he didn't want Evan to have three touchdowns.
Speaker 2: On Yeah, that's probably spread. Hey, how do they figure this out though? This communication issue? Is it too late in this week fifteen? Again, like, well, you know there's four big games left.
Speaker 3: Well, we've talked about this in the past. I mean, you have there's two solutions. Either players have, I mean, and both can be you can do both at the same time. Number One, it's your job. Know the playbook, be accountable to your teammates and to the to the organization you're getting paid to play for football. Know what you are supposed to do. If you don't understand and ask, it's just simple work, study, film, practice, repeat. It's not there's no secret formula. Like these teams who are on the same page, they do something different. So it starts with player of accountability, Trevor, all the receivers, offensive line, player accountability. Know your job and do your job. Secondly, I think it's the job of the coaching staff. I think you've got to look at say are we asking too much? Because at the end of the day, your job as a coach to put your players in a position to succeed and only and give them what they can handle. And I'll say the same thing on defense. If you're having busts every game where, guys, that's not fair. Not every game, but if you're having busts that are costing you games, either you have guys who aren't studying, preparing and are ready, or you're giving them too much and you have to simple fy it so guys can play fast. And I think so I think if I'm you know, if you're pressed tailor and you look at the game plan, do you take a step back and say, Okay, what are we going to put in? Because obviously we can't handle. And at the same time, I mean, this is a very simple relationship the players. You have to earn the confidence and the trust of the coaching staff. Sure, yeah, that's your job, and so they need to go And Trevor said it best look in the mirror, have an honest assessment, saying getting am I doing everything I need to to be prepared for Sunday? And am I doing my job on Sunday? And if not, you need to change those things.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a couple solutions from a coaching standpoint. Okay, once you look at it and you say, okay, are we asking too much? And if the answer is no, okay, then you go to the player and see if you can fix it. And then if all of a sudden you can't fix it, then you go to another player to try to fix it. I mean, it's just how it works. I mean it's you know, you got to be able to have production to pendability, availability, reliability, accountability, production.
Speaker 3: A lot of abilities. That's a long list of abilities. Well, and you know, when you look at the offense, it's a it's an interesting dilemma they have because they're beat up up front. I mean we're on our fourth left tackle. I mean maybe you know, I know, there's the way it sounds like that he was cleared. Yeah, there's no structural damage that sounds like. And in the I guess there's some there's a possibility they might get Walker a little bit, so that would that's a good start. I mean, you need you always want your best players out there. But you look at the trend. We're on six to seven whatever games it is, eight games where we can't you know, we're having a hard time rushing at the length of the football. I don't think the formula for this team is to have fifty seven pass plays in seventeen rushes. That's not sustainable. So now you have to think about we're not going to find brand new personnel. I mean Louke Luke Fortner is a second year young player who is not playing physical. He does not move people. He's a position blocker. That's a problem if you want to run downhill. Brandon Sheriffs has had all kinds of lower body angers and angles at this point of his career. He is not a smash mouth, hand in the ground, grind it, move you off the ball. He's very athletic, he's very smart. He gets like he's a good stable force. But that's just and so I think if you're press, you know that you're not changing that unless you're willing to change personnel. If those if that's your center and that's your right guard. Got a rookie right tackle who's very athletic, good player. I didn't think he was his best on Sunday. I've seen him play much better coming in, but he's a solid player. You got questions that left guard. Shatley's a guy who's been around and you got huge questions at left tackle because Blake Canser is your fourth guy. And so you get to step back and say, we're going into a game this week against If you think Cleveland was physical, Baltimore's front seven is two X is physical.
Speaker 2: I saw a number today real quick, the forty nine Ers. I think their point differential this year is like plus two eighty and the second place team and point differential are the Ravens are like plus one sixty five point differential. Boy, gad, that's unbelievable good I mean for I mean both numbers. I mean the San Francisco one is just maybe I'm a little high on that, but they're clearly that is crazy. Maybe you can confirm that, JP, but I'm pretty sure that's what the numbers were of. And I saw that, and I was like, oh my gosh, because the first one that I saw was the forty nine Ers. And then I said, all right, well let's see who would be in second place. San franc at won seventy five net points and Dallas at one eighty eight now by the way, plus yeah overall net.
Speaker 3: Point after blowing them out last night.
Speaker 2: After Baltimore, Baltimore's yeah, right, you're you're in the right neighbors. But your point is the Jaguars are twenty two and you're But your.
Speaker 3: Point is you're Forget about the point, because I think it's all valid points. My biggest concern, based on how we are playing football right now and watching how at least the field from the sense of watching tape and watching it live, that Press feels like he has to call the game right now, that he can't run the ball and play a physical game offensively. It's not who they are, well you were now facing. I think this is a much better defense. I know Cleveland's numbers I think are a little bit better. As far as yards given up per game, there were number one in Baltimores number two. I think Baltimore's better because they're better. I mean, they don't have Miles Garrett, but they have about three or four guys who can rush the passer and get after it. And this is a physical game. So it would be very interesting how do you neutralize that defensive front that you know is in me physical when that really isn't you're calling card right now as a team.
Speaker 2: We'll dig into that a little bit later on next week's game against the Baltimore Ravens. Sent up your furry friend for the Jaguars Official for Legged Fan Club for Pets presented by Forever Vets Animal Hospital.
Speaker 3: Your pet receive access.
Speaker 2: To exclusive merchandise, events and sweepstakes throughout the season. Visit Jaguars dot com slash promotion Slash for Legged Fan Club and sign up today. We are live from Mister Chubby's Wings and panavidra Beachs.
Speaker 3: Come on out and see us.
Speaker 2: We're here until six o'clock and this is Jaguars Happy Hour presented by Jet Home Loans.
Speaker 3: I knew like it was a pussim, but you know so, I just camroll work hard.
Speaker 4: Week every day for the week.
Speaker 2: It's Antonio Johnson, rookie defensive back and welcome back is Jaguars Happy Hour. Johnson with two tackles, a sack, gay pass defense, Dan a force fumble in the game yesterday, JP Shadrick, Tony Biselli and Jeff Logoman from Mister Chubby's Wings and Panavidri. Glad you're with us. We're here until six o'clock on this Monday. Pete Prisco coming up a little bit second hour. We'll keep it real as we always do and fanatics fan questions. Putting ahead as we recap the Jaguars and the Browns, and we're in the final stretch of the regular season, only two home games left.
Speaker 3: Be there as the Jaguars go ahead to head with the Ravens this coming Sunday on Sunday Night Football.
Speaker 2: Grab your teal and help the Jags teal out the stands. Get your tickets to Jaguars dot com, slash tickets or called nine oh four six three three two thousand. We're on ten to next lam Jaguars dot com, Jaguars YouTube.
Speaker 3: So a couple of things JP, because we have not done the show since before the Bengals game a week before, because we obviously missed Monday Night. It's good, it's while it's been a while. There's a lot of noise chatter going on that frankly, you are the cause of this two games mean two game losing streaks. Yeah, because uh, you decided to jump in prior to the Bengals game, where Pete and I had a very good thing going. We've been calling wins, locking them, double locking them, and we've been right every time. And then all of a sudden, as we're leaving and going out the Monday, the week prior to the Bengals game, you scream out, triple lock. Yeah, and ever since the triple lock, we have not won a game. It's true. However, I did call the Packers.
Speaker 2: No one cares, No one cares. It was what it helped us out if we if we keep losing, that's not gonna matter. No, but I did call out, so we need to figure out. Well, I'm gonna figure this out. For JP, I will never lock anything again. Good ever, good, I'm off the locks. It was a one and done. I piled on a.
Speaker 3: Little too much. It was a flag.
Speaker 2: It was yeah, it was it was a yeah. I would have been flagged and probably ejected.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was. So I just want to make sure that kind of a bandwagon move. No, it's fair. Triple lock. And Jeff, you know like you do exactly and you know when you feel it in the moment, like that was a bad idea, it's immediately what you said. I immediately told him wh he said. I said that was bad. It's a bad idea. I don't like you doing that. And JP, you need to learn. Yeah, well I'm learning. I'm gonna go quadruple.
Speaker 2: I had to watch those last two games to Tony, I'm learning, don't worry my.
Speaker 3: Good what so we just served man? Yeah, he tell you what I mean.
Speaker 2: Those guys are out there a lot because there's injuries in the second area now right. But Campbell Herndon Cisco left the game yesterday.
Speaker 3: Jeff, because remind me he was a safety in college, wasn't he?
Speaker 2: Yes, he was, well, he played safety and nickel and then in this game he played nickel.
Speaker 3: Yeah I knew this, Yeah, he played nickel. And I mean it's a small sample size. We saw him in camp and we see him a little bit in the regular season. But boy, I like, I like what I was telling you right now. I mean, I said, training camp and he has the injury though that slowed him down. This guy's stuck.
Speaker 2: He has great feet, his good speed, he's physical, Like I was like, Okay, not bad.
Speaker 3: Now, it's a small sample size. You gotta And I'd still at this point rather have Trey Herndon out there because Trey Herndon is in the right spot right time. He might be limited and man coverage it certain in certain matchups because but he is physical in the run game.
Speaker 2: You're starting safety next year. Probably he's a great blitzer. You're starting safeties next year. And Johnson, Yeah, I mean, and and here's the other thing that he can do. I mean, he reminds me a lot of Kyle Hamilton, you know, which is the safety for the Ravens who got dinged up I think yesterday. And he's got the length and he plays Nickel, and he's you know, most people are. I remember the first time I watched Kyle Hamilton on film and I was like, there's no way that a guy that's got the length like him can play Nickel in the NFL, because that's what he was doing a little bit of in college at Notre Dame. And then all of a sudden he gets to the NFL and Nickel I'm talking like really good at him, and I was like, holy cow, I mean, he's not many guys that have a lot of length can have the quickness to be able to play Nickel to cover a guy like a Christian Kurt and Antonio Johnson. I'm tony, folks, this guy is a really, really good acquisition and he's got a very bright future. Jaguars defense this week against this Ravens offense, Lamar Jackson is the leading rusher by yardage. Edwards punches it in for a touchdown. He got a long stretch of like nine of his ten touchdowns were in a five game stretch. Recently he had he's been in the end zone.
Speaker 3: The rookiees the rookie is a flowers. Flowers. They got a few different but they're missing their best weapon in the passing game, and that's Mark Andrews. He's if you look it back over the last several years, it dropped tackle. He is the He's this, He's the the comfort like the little baby blanket, the binkie.
Speaker 2: For security blanket, security blank that's what what? What was just as blanky blanket?
Speaker 3: Right? Well, like I had, like like my kids, like your booby or your bubby or whatever you call it. I'm sorry, excuse me, Bobby. The world is going on, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And I think you actually referred to a part of the female anatomy. There's something wrong with you, kay on this show. I mean I'm not usually here on Mondays? Is that what you guys do? Some different show on Monday, Jeff, men have.
Speaker 3: That body part as well, So like, don't be weird. My point is Mark Andrews is the guy that when it breaks down or they needed big plays or a big first down, he was the guy that Lamar went to. So they're not as good as they were early in the season offensively in my opinion, without Mark Andrews. But they still have a bunch of weapons, and they've changed their offense. This is not the old veer offense that Lamar ran for the first what five or six seven years of his career. I mean they is, they drop they drop back, they throw it around, and he still has the ability obviously to get out of the pocket and kill you with his legs. It's a good it's a good group.
Speaker 2: And and the biggest change for the big leap in offense and Lamar Jackson's performance is their new offensive coordinator, Todd Monkinah who is doing a tremendous job.
Speaker 3: And of course, look, Lamar Jackson just got a new.
Speaker 2: Contract, played well too, and and he he's really taken ownership with the offense. And Monkin has really made him take owners I don't say made him, but help get him to take ownership of the offense. And I mean when you listen to Lamar Jackson now talk at the podium and I watched a couple of his interviews earlier today. It's impressive. I mean, he's very aware, much more than he was in the past. And you can tell, I mean it's he's instead of talking like you know, he's in undergraduate school. You can tell that he's up his language and quarterback to graduate school or you know, working on his doctorate or whatever.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's definitely taking a big step.
Speaker 3: Well, that was the big question, you know, in Greg Roman's old offense. The reason you heard a lot of people say they were in this offense because Lamar can't be a traditional drop that guy. He can't operate that way. And Todd Munkins come in and said, well, you're wrong, and Lamar is saying you're wrong. I can run a offense more traditional. I can be a pocket passer when need be. And they're point, they're dangerous and they can run the ball. They can throw it now, you know. But that doesn't worry me. Their offense isn't my big worry JP Okay, are their defense because you have a front seven that flat gets after you.
Speaker 2: We'll dig into that in the second hour. Coming up in just a little bit. If you're looking for the MVP of the truck game, look no further than Ford F one fifty.
Speaker 3: Loaded with impressive capability and.
Speaker 2: Designed to dominate, workplay and everything in between.
Speaker 3: This truck makes tough look easy.
Speaker 2: Your local Ford dealer and proud partner of the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Speaker 3: We were here until six o'clock mister.
Speaker 2: Chubby's Wings and Panavidra Beat and this is Jaguars Happy Hour presented by Jet Home Loans.
Speaker 7: Av You're a little disconnected, you know. Trevor and the receivers were a little off.
Speaker 4: You know, we had opportunities to.
Speaker 7: Make plays in the first half, didn't Obviously the turnovers, you know, are are big and you can't you can't do that. You know, we had a little success early run in the football, you know, were some of the things he did to keep them off balanced, but just overall, just not not enough plays made, you know, too many, too many self inflicted wounds. You know that they kept us from sustaining drives or you know, staying on the field.
Speaker 2: Sed goes Doug Peterson after the game yesterday and welcome back. We're at mister Chubby's Wings at Panavietra Beach until six o'clock is Shaguars Happy Hour. JP Shatterick, Tony Boselli, Jeff log him and Pete Prisco coming up in our number two.
Speaker 3: He's got plenty to say.
Speaker 2: I'm sure we're on tentionon XLAM Jaguars dot Com Jaguars YouTube that was immediately.
Speaker 3: After the game yesterday. Tony yeah, and Doug says something that I agree with, but I want to clarify from my perspective ways. He says, we did some good things early in the run game, and you say, well, then how do you only have seventeen rushers to your running backs and under three yards of carry? And they did have some success on two pin and polls and one and one wham play. The problem with those plays. Those are plays where you because of the formation or you catch someone by surprise or the angles that you catch them in the right look that just by getting in people's way and you know you can it's more position and pull type of things you can have success. I don't believe those things are repeatable over the length of a sixty minute game, and we saw them try like pretty If you look at the first play of the second half that Jeff was talking about. They're trying to pull and get outside and do stuff like that. But because your center is five yards in the backfield, was that everyone gets muddled up. You know, they ran a very nice wham play, which is you know, the uh the wing back traps to tackle or the defensive tackle you work up linebackers. They did a nice job and they got like seven or eight. They tried to run it again, they got zero because like you start recognizing seamless, the defense is recognizing yet we're good run teams. What they do is they line up and they say, we're gonna run inside zone. We don't think you can stop it. And yeah, we'll do it out of different formations and different looks to keep you honest and keep you off. But we're just gonna line up, put our hand in the dirt. We're gonna double you up to the next linebacker. Our back's gonna take one cut and we're gonna get four yards. We're gonna get three yards, and then by the fourth quarter those are five to six twenty yards.
Speaker 2: And the a couple of the players that they had that were successful, they were quick snaps and so they caught Cleveland a little bit.
Speaker 3: It's kind of the trick. You had to trick them, right, you got a trick. We got to fool them.
Speaker 2: And uh, you know, the one thing that's very difficult against the Cleveland Browns is that, you know, when you combo block to try to get up to the next level, those line back as flow so fast that if you really can't combo block up to that next level. But the reality is is that you know, watching that game and watching the film.
Speaker 3: You actually can combo block at the next level. Ye can take the right if you're really good.
Speaker 2: But watching the Cleveland Browns and watching their two guards, Wyatt Teller and Joel Botonio, those two guys are really good, and I'm talking really good Pro Bowl really like seven Pro Bowls between them, and they lost their center, Ethan Posic, and then their backup center, Nick Harris, was the guy that actually in short yardage and stuff, he plays full back for them, so he was lined up and at the beginning of the game when Aaron shortyards that touchdown to Najoku, he was the full back lined up in the backfield. That's not something that's uncommon. He is the full back on their depth chart, which is odd your backup centers, you're starting fullback.
Speaker 3: The more you can do, I guess.
Speaker 2: But I mean that's that's a football team that is committed to running the ball, and they do a good job and option they had to be committed to running the ball over the course of the last number of weeks because of all the change at quarterback that they've had. And the other thing about that game, watching it, Miles Garrett was literally every moment that you watch him, you just go you wonder when he's just gonna turn it on, because when he turns it on, you can't.
Speaker 3: Stop the guy. But I'll say this, Jeff, if you look at the entirety of that game, he did not mess up the game. No, he didn't wreck it. He did not wreck the game. Now, the Jacks did a pretty good job. They did a good plan. I mean even the contained them. Even the sack he had in the two minute, I mean in the two point play. It was after Trevor had to whole it a Yeah, it wasn't. It wasn't just now Trevor did a good job getting rid of it a couple of times because he won. Right, why did we go for two? We can talk with another whole hour to go. By the way, wait to hold that question until Pete gets on, because people will have a field day. I'm just I'd like to know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm trying to understand that the mentality there.
Speaker 3: I got some theories. I'm not saying they're right, but I got some theories. We'll save it for Pete. Yeah, save for Pete.
Speaker 2: That's a good Probably a question on why they went for it and left it in field goal range too.
Speaker 3: But well, so I got there. There's a couple of game situations we'll talk about in the second hour. Yeah, the two are there's three. We went for it twice. One I know for sure the analytics say to go for it down you're talking about two points. Well, I to talk about both those situations. And then late in the game basically had three forty eight and three timeouts you're going for in fourth and six or seven that's where they used the time out. They use the timeout, but they but is it the right decision to go for it there? Or it's punning it away and playing defense getting the ball back with the chance to tie it, Well, we didn't get it.
Speaker 2: And taking a delay again there and punded it and they hit a fifty five yard field goal to take a ten point lead. We'll get to that. We got a whole hour ahead. We're out to Pete Prisco. We are live at mister Chubby's Wings and Pana Vitra Beach.
Speaker 3: Come out and.
Speaker 2: Join us until six o'clock. Our one of the books Hour to next is Jaguars Happy Hour on the Jaguars Digital Network.
Speaker 4: It was not one of our cleaner games.
Speaker 6: Too many mistakes, you know, penalties, missed opportunities and miss throws, drops.
Speaker 4: You know, just not playing sound football.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: I think we were just so inconsistent.
Speaker 6: It was hard to get in a rhythm. It feels like all the close plays like we didn't make that you need to get some momentum back in games, and it seemed like all those we just weren't able to make today.
Speaker 4: So, you know, we gotta watch this tape and.
Speaker 6: Really learn from it, because there's a lot on there that we got to clean up and get better from.
Speaker 4: Who was just walking off to the I just feel like we've missed so.
Speaker 6: Many opportunities and left a lot out there and really just shut ourselves in the foot over and over.
Speaker 2: There's the quarterback Trevor Lawrence after the game in Cleveland yesterday and welcome back. It's the second hour of Jaguars Happy Hour presented by Mister Chubby's Wings. We are on location at Mister Chubby's in Pana Vidra Beach until six o'clock tonight. After a Jaguars lost to the Browns, Jake p Shadrick, Tony Boselli, Jeff Vlogoman, the Jags rop another, this time thirty one twenty seven the final. Trevor Lawrence played through the ankle in three, but he also threw three interceptions in the game. Calvin Ridley and Say Jones, the receivers combined for twenty seven targets and only nine catches in the game. The Jags defense had issues as well. They gave up nearly four hundred yards Joe Flacco over three hundred yards passing, but the Jaguars did not lose ground in.
Speaker 3: The AFC South Race.
Speaker 2: A game up in the Colts and Texans four to go Sunday Night football this week for the Jaguars for the first time since two thousand and eight. The Ravens come to town with the number two defense in the NFL great against the past, Number one in secks. They run the daylights out of it, Lamar Jackson and all the rest. Pete Prisco joining us now CBS Sports Senior Rider for the second hour of Jaguars Happy Hour. Good afternoon, Pete. How are you there's pet We can't hear you here, Pete. Sorry, Pete, you can't you're Is that a good thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It can be a good thing when you can't hear Pete. I sometimes like putting him on you. So we'll have to work on some technical difficulties here. But I can't wait to hear what Pete has to see. He looked good. I was gonna give him the floor and almost give him the whole segment. Just say, Pete, unload on us.
Speaker 2: All right, hey, real quick, I want to go ahead and say this Peak. We haven't we haven't said anything about this. I give Trevor a lot of credit. You talking about a quarterback coming back playing from a high ankle spring.
Speaker 3: I mean, how do you do that?
Speaker 2: I mean, folks, high ankle sprayings are typically anywhere between three to six weeks of inactivity of being inactive, and he was able to come back and play in.
Speaker 3: Six days, six days.
Speaker 2: I mean that that's insane and and just and to be mobile in six days, how do you do that?
Speaker 3: He has special healing powers. Wow, and he's gumby. Yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's He's done it multiple times Detroit. Last year, you got twisted up and came back in the game. Obviously we don't happened with the knee thing this year. And coming back to play in a really short week and now somehow gets out of this one Monday night. You'd have thought he's done for you know, four or five weeks at least, and then now he's jumping buildings with a single bounce.
Speaker 3: And let me, speaking from an offensive line men's perspective, I can't even describe how far that goes when your quarterback has that mentality and that toughness and guts it out and is out there like as an offensive line you're like, that's the dude I want to bat for, That's the dude I want to go to war with. Because this isn't some prima donna or different. You know, he's a tough dude who wants he wants to play ball, he wants to win.
Speaker 2: And what you'd like to have is for those And we had mentioned this in our broadcast at the beginning, that you want those around him to elevate their level of play to make it easier to help him, and I don't think that happened. Well, now let's talk about some guys who I thought they'd played pretty well, having Ingram great day.
Speaker 3: Sude it. He's having really good days back to back.
Speaker 2: Twelve targets, eleven catches, ninety five two touchdowns for Ingram.
Speaker 3: And I'm gonna give two guys that wasn't always pretty but not easy duty. Before Ezra got hurt, agave him hadn't played one snap and foot in the NFL at left tackles going out there and blocking Miles Garrett. Now did they help him yeat, But he was also out there a couple times one on one before he got hurt. In fact, the first touchdown he is one on one when he twists his knee, but he's one on one with Miles Garrett. Miles puts a great move on it, and he sits it down and protects Trevor's backside and allows to touch and it happen. And then you have a guy in Blake hands who's sitting on the sideline and I'm sure SA getting hurt.
Speaker 2: Are He's like, are you kidding me? And he went out there and he was it pretty all the time. No, but did he go fight his tail off?
Speaker 3: Fought? He fought, And you know what, Miles, Garrett did not mess up the game. Miles.
Speaker 2: We didn't lose because we couldn't block those guys up front. We didn't lose because Trevor was getting harassed the entire game. We didn't win because we didn't run the balls as a lineman, Tony, the worst block you can have is what we call the lookout oh my goodness, which you just you get beat right away and you're beat clean and your quarterback doesn't have a chance. You want to at least slow a guy. And I thought that look Blake is in a tough matchup. But he never had a lookout block. No, there wasn't like we call him lookout block because the offensive lineman gets beat and he turns.
Speaker 3: You know what, that's bad when you have a franchise, not with anybody franchise.
Speaker 2: Quarter Yes, so I mean give him credit, and but Trevor, I mean the toughness that he's displayed in his career now forty seven consecutive games played. Uh, just impressive. And I thought he played well enough to win. And I think that this team has got up. They got to be better around him and better on the other side of the ball to get a win like that, because look, when you're on run and I can tell you this too, that's a hostile environment, trust me. Okay, oh yeah, he got to experience it first hand.
Speaker 3: So for those who did not listen to the broadcast yesterday, shame on you for not listening. By the way, what are you doing.
Speaker 2: Second of all, you missed out on Jeff Flagaman nearly jumping out of the booth apparently to go maybe chase down a Browns fan.
Speaker 3: What take us through what happened. I'll give you the kind of the scene and all that Jeff get into. Jeff was much more vocal with the fans. He was vocal on the air bat in the break, it was even more BASI were sitting and we had great it's a great booth, by the way, great vantage point. We're at the forty yard line and some of these newer stadiums you're kind of in the corner at times. It was great. But the fans are literally right there, like the booth is here, and Jeff and I could touch the fans. They touch top of their heads really. In fact, at one point some of the cool Brown fans asked Jeff to take a picture of them, and Jeff took a picture of them from the booth. It was an Olive brand. It was this was after well, there was one guy. They were the ones that weren't as drunk as the other. There was a couple of people together, maybe they were brothers. And like the nickname would be Summer Teeth because somewhere over there, somewhere over here, Summer Teeth and uh. And he hadn't seen it, Dennis for a while, and he was very vocal, very hammer and hammer and very vocal, very hammer. We're sitting there and Jeff and I are having fun back and forth. Well, all of a sudden we're on the air and not even paying attention.
Speaker 2: And a beer when the Browns scored touchdown, here comes a beer can.
Speaker 3: A beer can't comes flying into the booths at a high rate of speech, almost hits Frank in the head and it and it was it was Summer Teeth and his buddy Mullet. Yes, and I thought Jeff was gonna When we found out Jeff was. We had to hold them out back from jumping down out of the booth. And uh, now I'll say this, the press box attend press box attendant was outstanding. And then she came in. She heard about it. We didn't say. Someone must have told them and she came in. Oh, Dave told them David Cannas our producer runs the show in the every game. Uh. And they came and took pictures, and about ten minutes later that summer Teeth and his buddy were no longer sitting in the Summer and Mullet were gone. They were gone.
Speaker 2: Wow, they were removed from the stadium. But here and then here Jeff was great. There he Jeff got extra gear just he was ready to go.
Speaker 3: I was ready.
Speaker 2: And then and then the problem was is that once that uh summer, Teeth and Mullet left. Okay, Now his buddies are all made okay because they got tossed. But they didn't realize what they had done about throwing the beer can okay at a high raised speedy They just soft tossed it up to that a difference I was inviting them to come on in and to join us in the booth. We had plenty of room, okay, because it would have been a much better situation for me having the higher round.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say that was one of the reasons why.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 3: It was interesting though, But back to Jeff's wayne very hostile.
Speaker 2: And here's here's the worst part. Okay, I got you know, there's a there's a glass wall to my right. Okay, I'm the I'm in the far right side of the boots. Okay, Frank's on the far left side, but Selli's in between us and Frank's got a closed wall by him because the Browns coaches are in the next boot, okay, and the booth to the our right, which has this glass wall. It's a fandom, okay. So you've got sweets that have open seating outside. There's this ten year old kid mocking Jeff that's sitting.
Speaker 3: There giving me the loser side.
Speaker 2: It was a glass the whole game, and he's pounding.
Speaker 3: On the glass. He's a hockey game.
Speaker 2: And I'm going and I look at his dad and I was like, allowing you ten year old kid to show a total lack of respect and JP.
Speaker 3: I I almost did it, but I didn't.
Speaker 2: I wanted to reach because you can our our booth is open and he was open.
Speaker 3: I was going to reach around the post and just grab.
Speaker 2: Him, just you know, just just to shock them a little bit.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: I was like, nah, better it would have been. It would have been a two man booth from after that for a while.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it might have been.
Speaker 2: But uh, the kid was great, and you know, the banner back and forth with him was fine. But the summer teeth and and mullet, yeah, it was. It was nice knowing them and it was it was nice talking to the rest of the guys after they got tossed, because it was a very pleasant conversation. This is Jaguars Happy, We are alive at mister Chubby's Wings and Panavitra attention x l A M Jaguars dot Com, Jaguars YouTube. Pete Prisco, CBS Sports Senior writer. Let's give it a try again, Pete? Are you with us now?
Speaker 5: Can you hear me? Yes?
Speaker 3: We have yeah? Long last, how are you good?
Speaker 8: By the way, what is doing in my in my in that seat? He's not part of this show. This is an efficient show. I don't have to hear him talking about going to his property and stuff.
Speaker 5: I don't need that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I see.
Speaker 2: Pete's a big fan of the show. He listened to the Outdoor Show every.
Speaker 3: I do too sometime, Pete, because you were not available the first hour, and we figured we bring in, Uh, we're in Panavid, You're at mister Chubby's. I live right down the street. Jeff lives right down the street. So Jeff's like, hey, it's a home game. I'll come join you and Pete.
Speaker 5: I mean, look, look, talk about that misery free.
Speaker 3: Wings to Pete. Why not? They are good, very good.
Speaker 2: Every Monday they bring it to our production crew at the Miller Electric Center, and now we came to them here at Mister.
Speaker 3: John They also provide food at halftime. So all right, let's let we're avoiding the situation. Pete.
Speaker 2: We want to open the floor for a few minutes for you here. What the hell happened yesterday?
Speaker 5: Well, let's be real.
Speaker 8: You got to give the quarterback credit for playing, but he was not very good at moments. But I think there were other issues at play, including you know, wide receiver running the wrong route, which Calvin Ridley clearly did.
Speaker 5: It was miscommunication there.
Speaker 8: I think that you know, defensively, they can't get to the quarterback. I mean, if Josh Allen doesn't get there, nobody's getting there.
Speaker 5: That's two weeks in a row.
Speaker 8: You made Jake Browning and Joe Flacco two backups, one almost years old, shred you throwing the football. There were way too many busts and I tried to go through and you guys might be able to watch the tape on the way home today from Kansas City. The busts in the secondary, I attribute number one to Rayshawn Jenkins, number two to a Luacan, and number three I was trying to get an idea.
Speaker 5: Who that was.
Speaker 8: It was either Darius Williams or Rayshon Jenkins. I couldn't quite figure that one out. But my gosh, you talk about guys running wide open that can't happen.
Speaker 5: And so you combine it all together.
Speaker 8: It was not a very good day for the Jacksonville Jaguars in Cleveland.
Speaker 3: In Cleveland, So I'll let Jeff Pete because we talked about those busts on defense, and I agree with you. The worst part of that game for me is really you beat yourself at the end of the day. Now, there's certain things that give Cleveland credit. They are more physicle at the line of scrimson we were they did, you know, some good things, but you take away three bus on defense, that's a completely different game. And I'll let Jeff because we talked about who's who we think, I mean, we're making some assumptions based on what we know about the defense and how they play. So I'll let Jeff kind of go through each of those and kind of what he saw on tape.
Speaker 2: All right, So the first one Pete, which was a third and one, and essentially the Browns are in a goal line personnel grouping. The Jaguars match with a goal line defensive grouping, and they're bringing pressure off the outside edges. And when you do that, a lot of times you ask a defensive end or a linebacker to play man on a tight end. And it looked like from watching it that Trayvon was in man coverage on Najoku and in order to do that. A lot of people say, well, how can you ask a guy like Trayvon to do that? Well, you beat him up at the line of scrimmage to where he can't release, and you expect him to be able to run with no Joku, because No Dajoku is not a guy that has blazing speed. I think it was on Trayvon with that one. The second one to Najoku, I think it was Foyer got too aggressive on a run read and then got caught and then he couldn't end up backing out and covering ground, and Devin Lloyd never even moved, He didn't buy the run fake. He was pointing in the direction of where the tight end was going, and Foyer was just so fast going downhill. And now the last one, which was the completion to the belt guy be be okay when when they started out the wide receiver, one of the wide receivers was out wide, and you're you're in man coverage and when the motion comes in, you're essentially playing an in and out, so you're playing man, but you're saying, okay, if one guy goes in, I got him, another guy stays at the outside, I got him. A little confusion there between Darius and ray Seawan because they both went to cover the same guy and then when Darius realized that they both were going to the same guy and that he in my opinion, he was supposed to be on the outside guy, and he realized that he plants his foot, slips, goes down to the ground, and by then it's too.
Speaker 3: Late, so that one is just miss miscommunication. Yeah, but the bottom.
Speaker 5: Line it ways, right, Jack, you could play that two different ways.
Speaker 8: You either go in and out or you just play it straight and and let the in guy go to Jenkins and and he stays with the outside guy.
Speaker 5: I mean that you could do that too, But.
Speaker 2: Yeah you can and say okay, we're staying. Yeah, it's it's you know, you can play cat coverage. I say, I got that cat. It doesn't matter what they do, right, Okay, But then you can also play okay, I got the guy that goes in, you got the guy that goes.
Speaker 8: Out Banjo, Right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: But Pete to your point though, I mean, you look at this game, and I've said I said it since the game yesterday. The Jaguars beat themselves with missed assignments, blown coverages, which is miss assignments, turnovers and stupid penalties. It wasn't like they were you know, the big fear going the game is is Miles Garrett in the you know, just gonna take over the game. Can they block them, it's gonna be just a complete mess because of the injuries offensive line, well, for the most part it was not and they Trevor had time to operate. Now, they still can't run the ball, and we talked about that already. I mean, it's like they can't run between the tackles. They physically can't do it. But as far as overall, if you don't have the missed assignments, and you know, including blown coverages, a lot of those miss assignments led to turnovers or touchdowns, that's a completely different game.
Speaker 5: But you can't you say that every week, Tony. I mean you really can.
Speaker 8: If you if you play your signmon football, you're gonna you're gonna not gonna make those mistakes.
Speaker 5: And I think they do. I mean they've been doing.
Speaker 8: And you know what else is getting worship by the way, the tackling and the secondaries get the wars.
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean you've got too bad.
Speaker 5: Turn last a couple of weeks in a row. There's been a lot of more tackling back there.
Speaker 8: You know, I want to say a couple of things real quick. I thought Antonio Johnson added some speed to that defense. They might need to get him on the field more, don't you think I mean he made a couple of plays about the tape a little bit. I think he's a guy that you need to get on the field.
Speaker 3: And then just a big fan of Antonio Johnson too. What do you hey, let's hold that thought.
Speaker 2: We'll come back and keep it real with your thoughts come of the decisions.
Speaker 3: At the end, Pete, we want to talk about that gone for two and would you have hunted or gone for it? And fourth and seven with three forty eight.
Speaker 2: Left, Hold that thought of Jaguars Happy Hour on tention xl AM, Jaguars dot Com, Jaguars YouTube, j P Shadrick, Tony Vasselli, Jeff Blogoman At, mister Chubby's Wings and Panavietre.
Speaker 3: Beach and Pete Prisco with us.
Speaker 2: We'll keep it real when we come back on Jaguars Happy Hour presented by Mister Chubby's Wings.
Speaker 4: I think it was four and ten.
Speaker 7: Yes, the fort and tree is a better chance which just pick up the first down for another one that he decided to go.
Speaker 4: A fuck out it.
Speaker 2: Head coach Doug Peterson after the game yesterday, welcome back as Jaguars Happy Hour. We are alive at mister Chubby's wings and Panavietre Beach on A one A hope you'll join us here until six o'clock. J. P. Shadwick, Hall of Famer, Tony Bisseli, Jeff Blogoman here and Pete Prisco with us on the line as always. And it's time now for keeping it Real, presented by Woodbridge by Robert Mundavi. Open up a winner today, Real Ingredients Award winning line by Robert Mandavi. And we have questions about some of the decisions toward the end of the game. And let's start with the Jaguars. With just about four minutes to go, three thirty four to play, Jaguars are facing fourth and three from their own thirty eight yard line. They had to burn a time out before the fourth down play, they decided to go for it. Lawrence throws incomplete short ripe to say Jones, they turn it over on downs. The Browns get one yard on the ensuing drive three plays and kick a fifty five yard field goal to go up ten piece.
Speaker 3: So hold on before we go to peace. So it was only fourth and three. I thought it was five and six, Okay, I was wrong. It was fourth and three. I don't change my opinion, but fourth and three, so Pete, you go first, because all right, me, I think.
Speaker 8: I mean you gotta punt them. You have to punt the football because here's why. If you don't get it, which they didn't, you're automatically giving him a field goal that puts you the game at essentially out of reach. If you punt them in let's just say flip it forward, you pun him back, and you do have the same exact situation where you limit him to one yard, then you're gonna get the football back and you're gonna have a chance to go tie the game, or maybe Doug Peterson would go for two and try and win the game. So I think I didn't like the decision. I would have punted the football right there. And I think you guys probably agree with me.
Speaker 2: Agree, And I think you're you're assuming Pete that you're gonna get a stop and also assuming that you're gonna get good field position after the stop. But that happened earlier in the game, and the guy that punts for the Cleveland Browns kicked the seventy five yard punt and you didn't get good field position.
Speaker 3: So I'm I'm I'm.
Speaker 2: Against you guys a little bit here on this, and then I'm okay with it. Fourth and three with a good quarterback and one of the best tight ends in football.
Speaker 3: I just wish he had been the primary. Yeah, I guess I understand why Doug went for it, but I just I still disagree with it. And I let me correct myself because I said earlier in the show it was like fourth or six or fourth and six or seven. I it doesn't change my perspective whether it's fourth six, fourth and six and it's still seven or fourth and three. I'm still punting it because if you don't get it because of their kicker, you're basically the game's ending, because especially because especially with the onside rules now, the chances of getting an on side kick are so low. And and you got I mean at some point, you keep your timeouts for a reason, and you like punting's part of the game. Punt it deep, get a three and out, even if he booms another one. Jeff, to your point, you're gonna get the ball at you're twenty fifteen or twenty with over two minutes left because you used all three timeouts, and that's an eternity to.
Speaker 5: Go four touchdowns and don't if you don't blow the timeout.
Speaker 8: If you make the decision right away, you have three timeouts into two minute warning.
Speaker 3: No, I would never even Yeah, I would just take a delay of game.
Speaker 5: Before the third down play.
Speaker 8: You say, if we don't get it, we're gonna punt, and then we're gonna go play there, so you don't have to use the other time out.
Speaker 5: And so, by the way, move over, BISSELLI.
Speaker 8: There's a new company man in town on the set there since Jeff Logaman.
Speaker 5: He just took over your place.
Speaker 2: No, but but Pete, I mean, now, look, Pete, if it had been fourth and six or seven or eight, I would I would think completely differently about it. But fourth and three, And here's the problem, Pete, because the Jaguars defense this year has not done a great job when they needed to give the ball back to the offense.
Speaker 3: This year, they haven't done the job in that category. Yeah, I guess I just think.
Speaker 2: The games over, because if you don't get it, the games the game's over.
Speaker 3: With three minutes left in the game, it's over. Now, here's the other decision. Hold on, hold on before I want to finish his real quick, because that's what this guy, their kicker had not missed over fifty all years, and so if you don't pick it up, you are ending the game. And I think you tried to extend the game and give yourself as many chances as you possibly can and just be let's let's go back. Let's say you get fourth and three.
Speaker 5: You still have sixty yards to go right right right, to do anything.
Speaker 2: It's not like you're going for it at the fifty, at at the plus forty five, where if you don't get it you can still get a three and out.
Speaker 3: Like I would be all for that. My problem was if you don't get it, you end the game.
Speaker 2: If they make the field, you know who you're really missing that situation.
Speaker 3: Christian kirk oh Gosha. Absolutely, yes, you could say that. Yeah, yeah, for the next few I'm sure. Hey.
Speaker 2: The other decision, the other decision that as we're keeping it real, presented by Woodbridge by Robert MUNDAVII. The Jaguars score a touchdown one thirty seven to go, Lawrence to Ingram a two yarder and so they're down four and decide to go for.
Speaker 3: Two and make it a two point game. Instead, they missed it.
Speaker 2: It was still a four point games, still needing the on side kick.
Speaker 3: Pete, what do you think that was?
Speaker 8: That makes no sense whatsoever in any way, shape or form. You cannot defend that. Doug Peterson cannot defend that. What's the point of it. Oh, we're gonna go win it. He's still gonna get the on side kick and go get the field goal. Anyways, if you will limit it by not getting that, you eliminated the chance to go get a field goal to send the game to overtime.
Speaker 5: It made no sense to me none.
Speaker 8: I will never And look, they can pull out their analytics book all they want.
Speaker 5: There's no defense of that at all.
Speaker 8: You definitely kick the extra point and then you hope you get the on side kick and go to overtime.
Speaker 2: So hold on real quick, just so I can prove the Pete that I'm not a company man.
Speaker 3: I agree with you, Pete.
Speaker 5: There you go, Jeff, I like it.
Speaker 3: I like it. There you go, Pete, Pete, I I agree. I would not have gone for it. But it bothers me less than the one the not punning it on fourth and three with three timeouts, because the reality is, well, my point is I mean, because getting it on side is such low probability in today's NFL. But let's just say you get the on side. Whether you made that two point or conversion or not, you still had a minute forty four left. It wasn't like ten seconds left, and so you can still score touchdown and win it. I did. I still I'm with you. I wouldn't have done it, but it doesn't bother me as much because the biggest risk is getting the on side and so okay, like that, Like that one inn't bother me. I did not like fourth and three three timeouts against let's call it. I mean, you talk about the defense not doing great in those situations. Take away those three explosives, which I always hate when defensive coordators do this. Except for these three plays, we were really good. But take away those three explosives. The Browns average under three under three yards of rush as well. It was two point nine and so it wasn't like they were gash you on the ground. It was broken. It was bad coverage that would killed you that day. The other remember the other seven they got to get to twenty eight, was when Parker Washington fumbled on the twenty and they only have to go twenty yards, So it wasn't like this was a Cleveland team just marching up and down the field. It was poor coverage, poor execution and turnovers that led to those points, which is another reason I would have kicked it deep and play defense. All right, you have it. That's keeping it by Yes, back to the Tony.
Speaker 5: You made a good point.
Speaker 9: Whether you got the two point player or not the once I kick was in play, you know, so what's the different Why not just why not keep your hopes up that maybe if you have a chance.
Speaker 5: I didn't get that at all. That one was.
Speaker 3: It didn't bother me as much. When I'm waiting to pete. I would have to just kicked the next point. That's how we do.
Speaker 2: Keeping it Real presented by Woodbridge by Robert Mundavi. Open up a winner today, really INGREDI It's award winning line by Robert Mundavi.
Speaker 3: Or the rest of the way. We can take it now. The real part is on real.
Speaker 2: It's all fake from here, including fanatics fan questions. Those are Texas Jaguars Happy Hour Live from Mister Chubby's Wings at Panavitra Beach.
Speaker 6: Felt pretty good all things considered, you know, so that was a that was a positive out of today.
Speaker 4: I guess that's about the only one.
Speaker 6: But yeah, you know, I didn't didn't, you know, reinjer my ankle and didn't tweak it or anything.
Speaker 4: Felt pretty good. It held off. I was able to move when needed. So yeah, it was this is good.
Speaker 3: That's the quarterback, of course.
Speaker 2: Trevor Lawrence playing on a high ankle sprain yesterday in Cleveland and welcome back in his Jaguars happy hour. JP Shadwick, Tony Maselli, Jeff Logiman from Mister Chubby's Wings, and Panavietra Beach, Pete Priscoe on the line with us after Jaguars loss in Cleveland to the Browns thirty one twenty seven. We've got chubby style wings here outstanding. Jason Dean has loaded tots.
Speaker 3: It looks like just what you Jason, just what you need. Dave didn't get anything. Oh he's okay, it's on the way, it's en root okay.
Speaker 2: And he ordered to Andres Oh wow, aggressive okay, saying that's really good.
Speaker 3: Aggressive wow too, I mean yeah, aggressive. I mean you see him at halftime what he does with mister Chubby speak of the.
Speaker 2: Devil Here are the both on and here they are the wings.
Speaker 3: Two orders.
Speaker 5: Dave.
Speaker 3: Dave did not want one. He wanted to Can I.
Speaker 2: Get that's still evidence evidence? Let me see real quick, Come on, Dave, come on, we're proving this. Yeah, okay, Brent Reevers over here as well, he might take some of them. See that, folks, there's another plate over there, and Dave was trying to take both and now he's trying to pass it off so it doesn't look like that he's being, you know, a glutton with.
Speaker 3: All but those two close to Baseilli he's like one of those birds coming in, slipping in. I'm stealing those control. It's hard with these words. They're really good. Whatever rub they put on these things, it's secret chovy style.
Speaker 5: And I like those.
Speaker 3: They're good ones because they're not they're nice, crispy, they're like, they're not greasy.
Speaker 2: There's no grease to them. I don't think there's there. And they're not fatty greasy. They're really good. We're big wings outstanding. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 3: Hey. Time now for the Fanatics fan questions.
Speaker 2: Jags fans, you're up at fanatics dot com with all latest DAG styles. Shop down and get today's special offer. Fanatics dot Com officially license everything. We always put the cat signal out on Twitter, and uh, we always kind of pick the best ones of the day. And I was called out before the show by a fan, yeah, saying that I never pick his question.
Speaker 3: Ever, Well, oh, I thought you did you see that? What you were called out by ruining the last two weeks because of the triple off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a different story altogether. However, at Segundo's dad has the first question tonight and he's here tonight, So thanks for coming up and calling us out.
Speaker 3: We appreciate. It's a good question.
Speaker 2: Individually, the offensive line is a collection of solid players. Collectively, they aren't getting it done. Is there an explanation why the Jags can't run between the tackles and keep a clean pocket? Well, the don't point me, he started to answer the question.
Speaker 3: I was pinting you because we talked about it all the time. We're on the same page. I disagree with the clean pocket. Now they hit him twelve times, Yet they did that's a good unit. But until yesterday it was like the Bengals were all over him. It wasn't like the Texans were all over them. It wasn't like whoever we played before that. I mean, so, I'm not sure it's fair to say the protection has been bad for the last seven or eight games. The run game, I agree with, that's a good unit, and like now, he got hit too much, and there was a couple of times just unnecessaryacked in my opinion, but.
Speaker 2: In a couple of times because an offensive lineman just didn't even finish.
Speaker 3: Just finish the play, Just finish the block. You got him finish.
Speaker 2: I mean that that's not asking something that's superhuman. Finished the block. Okay, the old saying, play to the whistle, the echo, play to the whistle. I'm trying to do my best. Yes, very well done, Edwards imitation Pete. What do you think about all this?
Speaker 3: Let's talk about the run game before we go to Pete. Okay, you want to take the first shot. You want me to you started off. They do not move people. They are not a physical, downhill displace people type of offensive line. They are out of a two point most of the time. You have a center who is tall guy, but plays with the high pad level and doesn't isn't physical, isn't physical at the lion of scrimmage, isn't physical getting up to the next level. I think that the I think Brandon Sheriff is. You know, he's an older player, he's had some lower body injuries. I don't think he has the power right now to move he's he is he smart? Is he in the right place? Absolutely? Is he a good poller. But as far as just being physical and move people, and so, you look, we have an offense it's very horizontal, very position block, looking for an angle and pull guys and try to get outside and try to fabricate run lanes. It's not it's not a physical group. And when you're not a physical group, as as this season goes on, people start understanding what you're trying to do and defend it. Play against a good unit like Cleveland, they're gonna shut it down. But the reality is it's not just good units who shut us down. We've been shut down the last seven weeks.
Speaker 2: I'll be real brief and let let people talk here, but just a quick comment. This is a pass first offense, and when you're a pass first offense sometimes it's it's hard to get that mind.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Now we need to be physical, okay, And so that makes it difficult, but you still have to be able to do that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but when we get the Eagles and the way they play and they move their center and get them on the move and everything else, they play physical.
Speaker 5: They didn't last night, but they usually do.
Speaker 8: I think part of the biggest part of the problem with running the football is the center. He's not big. I mean, he's not physical. You mentioned it. Tony plays too high. He gets immediate immediately he's up and he's getting pushed. And when you can't get any push, that's a problem. Sheriff was terrible last week. He was He was a little bit better this week. I thought, you know, am I crazy to think that there's a possibility they can make a change at center and put Shatley in there if you want to really try and improve the run game or something, because they're not running the ball at all, and Tony's right, it's.
Speaker 5: A it's a pull in pot. You know, they pin and pull up.
Speaker 8: You know, offense, there's angles and get to the second level and they just don't do a good enough job of it. I don't know what the answer is, but they don't have enough bodies now to try and make any decisions.
Speaker 4: Do that.
Speaker 8: I mean, think about it. Who's gonna start this week at left tackle? Will Walker Littill be back?
Speaker 3: There's question, he's question the possibility.
Speaker 8: So if he's not, Blake can start right.
Speaker 3: The possibilit Ezra's day to day two.
Speaker 2: Let me chime in right here, because I'm a big believer, and Tony You've heard me say this for many years. I'm not a big fan of when you have an injury, that you make two position changes because of one injury. So I would have been a bigger fan of, Okay, leave Ezra Cleveland at left guard and then put Blake Canson in at left tackle, because it's a position that you're already gonna help a ton with anyway, and because I think that continuity is key there. Uh And because also, and we haven't mentioned this yet. If you have let's say Blake Canson left tackle, you help him with the tight end, and then you got to get the running backs to do a better job with the chips than what they did in this past game.
Speaker 3: It was not good name.
Speaker 2: He was unread Pete, Pete, how many times do you remember? And one of the best ever in the history of the league.
Speaker 3: Because I felt it was Eric.
Speaker 2: B enemy Okay when he used to do a chip Okay, I'm talking. He had a crosshair on ribs and he was looking to break them. Fred Taylor was awesome at it. Maurice was arguably the best in Jaguars history.
Speaker 3: We remember Shawn Merriman. Yeah, he's still feeling that what we saw yesterday was not good. Was the exact opposite of what you just described. But going back to the offense line in general is and Pete, you asked that you put Shatley at center. I don't know what you do, but there is it's I think it impacts other calling plays. And I agree Jeff. There a pass first offense, no doubt about that, but not to to the not to the level of fifty seven call passes and seventeen called runs in a game. But I don't think they have any confidence to run through in between the tackles because it's not just that we play very horizontal, very high. We're not physical. We don't finish, we don't stay on blocks, we don't even get to the next level and finish blocks that allow that next level run to break. There's a lot of watching going on. Yeah, all right, let's move along to the next question.
Speaker 2: It's get a couple more in here, guys at SSBAY underscore Z. Why does it seem like when a team uses motion or misdirection on offense, our defense looks so confused, which leads to wide open receivers. Even the fourth and three the Brown score to go up twenty eight to fourteen was a blown coverage.
Speaker 3: Jeff, you're the defensive expert. Well, I mean, here, here's the thing.
Speaker 2: The motion I think that he's referring to, which is very observant, is the one that went to Bell a wide receiver. And when you have motions, you can have the change a change of response.
Speaker 3: It's ability. And with the.
Speaker 2: Motions, there's got to be communications as soon.
Speaker 3: As that motion starts.
Speaker 2: And in the case of the long touchdown the Bell, there wasn't even so much as a glance with Darius Williams and Rayshawn Jenkins at that time, nor before the play. And you've got to be able to communicate so everybody's on the same page, so you don't have any holes. And so yeah, that's something that you don't want to see. Yes, it's been a problem before with this defense, and they've got to get that corrected, and it's just a simple matter of talking when the huddle breaks, when the formation is set, and then as quickly as you can when something changes with emotion. And clearly the Jaguars did not do a good job with it, especially on that specific play on the touchdown the bill it's a lot pete.
Speaker 8: Yeah, really football, if you take away to the three bus, they've probably played well on defense. But everybody can say that. In every game in this league nowadays, you always have going to couple of.
Speaker 5: Plays like that.
Speaker 8: My concern is, where the hell, other than Josh Allen, is the pass rush.
Speaker 5: Seriously, where is it? It's not existent, It's not there. It's and okay, a couple of those plays.
Speaker 8: You know, Flacco stood back there and I think he threw a rifle shot to the right sideline on one place, stood back there for twenty minutes. It seemed like the pass rush is non existent. They and the whole Trayvon Walker again, we're going to pile on a little bit. He had one pressure where I think he came off the edge. He beat a guy.
Speaker 5: Those are backup tackles they're working against. They're not starters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I'm not gonna argue with that because in the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: So you go back to the.
Speaker 2: To the Texans game, and I didn't think Trayvon played very well the Bengals game. Came out very early in the ball game and the right tackle from Alabama JP give me a name I don't know, early in the thank you Pete, and he literally centers Joonah Williams and hits him and knocks him on his can like two yards back. And I'm like, all right, okay, establish him power. Now, after you establish power and you put the fear of God in the guy, now you.
Speaker 3: Counter off of that, you don't go back to power. And it didn't happen.
Speaker 8: Well, he goes to Jeff You're right, he goes to power early in the game, and then they.
Speaker 5: All figure it out.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be his power, Tony.
Speaker 8: If you knew you had a guy there was nothing but power, what do you do?
Speaker 5: What do you do?
Speaker 3: I mean he just first of all, I'd short set him every time, and that's what Cleveland did. And he was for the most part ineffective backup tackle. For the most part. Every time he shorts out of him. It was it was over sixty six.
Speaker 2: I can't remember ye his name because the rookie, Hudson, thank you, the rookie was out with a with a knee injury. The fourth round pick tackle out of Ohio State, who, by the way, is a good football player. He's having he's yeah, he's having surgery. He's done for the year. Though they had asked that to that what happened.
Speaker 5: And and that Hudson, by the way, moments during his time playing where he's looked awful. I just want to put that out there.
Speaker 8: And he and he held more than held his own against Trayvon Walker, and again it's not working. They can talk to their blue in the face. He's a good football player, is a tough kid. He plays a run well. He's a physical guy. He does he does all that. He's not a pass rusher, and you drafted him to be a pass rusher.
Speaker 2: One more question on fanatics fan questions at jbs Nsley thoughts on the offensive a side call on the Bills Chiefs game. I thought the Chiefs showed lack of responsibility and forced sportsmanship.
Speaker 3: After the game. If he don't let you go first, you're the national guy. I got my opinions on it.
Speaker 5: Were I was.
Speaker 8: I was at that game Sunday, and uh, look, we saw it right away. He was lined up all sides. There's no doubt about it. They act like he pointed down. He just pointed. He never got a you know, information from the official, but he had done at the entire game. And so for the Chiefs to handle it the way they did it, I thought it was terrible. And for Patrick Mahomes to walk over when Josh Allen's coming over to say something to him after the game and to bring that up, I thought that was out of character and it was out of line.
Speaker 5: I thought it was ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Pete, how much of that is just the frustrations boiling over of Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes knowing that they don't have the offense that they've had in the past, that they really they got to think about how they play football because they're really a defensive first team now.
Speaker 5: No doubt about it. They're not scoring points.
Speaker 8: I mean that Buffalo defense has so many guys missing and they couldn't score points.
Speaker 5: It's a problem.
Speaker 8: And by the way, anybody who's going to finish in the second spot in the AFC you do not want to play the Buffalo Bills. I'm telling that the offense has come alive. They can score. Next week you'll see it. They play Dallas, and you do not. Of all the teams that are possibly going to be in the playoffs, Jake Brown, Thank Gardner, Minshew, the Broncos, maybe the Texans, you'd much rather play all of those teams than Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 3: Well, Pete, well the good news is we're fourth now, so we're in. It's a safe spot.
Speaker 2: And I will say that there might have been a little frustration boiling up. Isn't that the third time that Buffalo's going to Kansas City and beating beating them?
Speaker 3: Last year they did? No, Yeah, they beat him last.
Speaker 5: Year playoff game. Remember that was a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: Right, I thought it was three times that they have beaten them in in Kansas City. All right, those are the fanatics fan questions. Did you get to the guy that you blew off for all this all year?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was the first question. Okay, good for you. Yeah, because he came up and was like, why don't you answer my questions? Well, Pete, we started the show of me reprimanding JP for triple locking and ruining the kid.
Speaker 5: Everybody's every nobody wants hints any anymore. You're out, JP.
Speaker 2: You did I am. I've already set him out. I didn't need you to tell me I'm out that from the jump. I'm back in a moment, and we'll go around the league and pick Monday.
Speaker 3: Night Football and grab your hats.
Speaker 2: Get ready for George Straight with Chris Staples and Little Big Town May eleventh, twenty twenty four. Tickets on sale now EverBank Stadium dot comas Jaguars Happy Hour Live from Mister Chubby's Wings.
Speaker 4: You're doing that, You're gonna start off the flowings are gonna happen.
Speaker 6: We were in a position, we were in many positions to tie the game and then take over the game.
Speaker 3: We didn't do it.
Speaker 5: So you know, you gotta you gotta kind of roll with the punches sometimes but finish in the end.
Speaker 6: We have most opportunities and just didn't get it done.
Speaker 2: Evan Ingram Jaguars tight end twelve targets, eleven catches, ninety five yards and two touchdowns in the loss yesterday in Cleveland, and welcome back Jaguars Happy Hour from mister Chubby's Wings and Panavijo, J P. Shadick, Tony Biselli, Jeff Logoman on location, Pete Prisco of course with us and for ten years, stream Finders Homes has been proud of call themselves the official homebuilder of the Jags. Visit dreamfinders homes dot com for all the available inventory and go Jags. How about Evan Ingram. He's on pace for over one hundred catches this year.
Speaker 3: He's unbelievable, way more than one hundred. That's what I'm saying right now. Unreal Now, not huge yards per catch, probably won't get to one thousand yards.
Speaker 2: But he is eleventh in the league now in receptions and out of the top twenty receivers in receptions in the National Football League. He has the highest catch percentage, which is impressive.
Speaker 3: He remember coming in from the Giants, the book on him is that he had the drops oh yeah, yeah, yeah, and just I mean, I know we got to get the rest of league. But real quick thing on Evan if you have maybe some of our fans already know this, but I don't think there's a harder worker in the organization right now than Evan Ingram of like, I mean, I'm not I don't know how much film he watches. I think a lot and a lot of guys are work their work ethics great on this team, but this is a guy before after practice, before the game, is working on his craft constantly and it's paying.
Speaker 2: Off one of the great acquisitions in Jaguars history and free agency. And I remember, I don't want to bring up the past, but you and I arguing because I was a big fan of that sign, and You're like, I don't know stru one.
Speaker 3: Thing that I wish with Evan.
Speaker 2: I wish more defenses treated him like a true tight end.
Speaker 3: Well, the problem they don't and they can't, and part of it is because, I mean, Evan is not an in line tight end that's going to dominate a DEFENSI end. I mean he's not George Kittle. George Kittle is a like an offensive tackle blocking.
Speaker 2: And if you get a little bit more favorable match he gets a lot of corner looks.
Speaker 3: He gets all the time, so it's not as big as the match difference.
Speaker 2: Let's take a quick look around the NFL. Let's start off, though, with the AFC playoff chase going into the night.
Speaker 3: The Ravens the number one seed.
Speaker 2: Currently, the Dolphins played a night on Monday Night Football, they're the number two. If they win tonight, they be back at number one. Chiefs Jaguars three and four, then the Browns at five in the wild card race. Then there are what six teams peate that are seven and six in the AFC. This thing is gonna go out.
Speaker 3: On the wire.
Speaker 8: Yeah, if you look at the schedules, you know some teams have are gonna end up playing each A lot of those teams play each other, you know, like you look at the Bengals play a bunch of those teams, and you know, the Texans played the Colts the end of the year.
Speaker 5: So I think it's gonna play out.
Speaker 8: But if Buffalo beats Dallas this week, they have two winnable games and then their final game of the season will be at Miami, and the question becomes will Miami need it?
Speaker 5: They probably will, but you never know.
Speaker 8: So I think Buffalo wins this week against Dallas, they're gonna get in. They're gonna be the seventh seat, and again you don't want to play them.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 8: The Texan situation is interesting. They had lost that game, they were terrible.
Speaker 6: C J.
Speaker 8: Stroud was awful against the Jets on Sunday before he got hurt, and now it's even more of a problem.
Speaker 3: Behind the scenes sign language. I thought someone's gonna see I don't know all I know.
Speaker 2: It's Monday Night football. It's two for the price of one. We started in South Florida, where to a tongue of by low A Tyreek Hill and the nine and three Miami Dolphins look to stay at the top of the AFC.
Speaker 3: They entertained the four.
Speaker 2: And eight Tennessee Titans plus the six and six Green Bay Packers, with Jordan Love playing well.
Speaker 3: Visit the four and eight New York Football Giants. Oh you got in both, Tony, Wow, you nailed it.
Speaker 2: I mean, after three weeks ago completely flubbing everything, you're on a streak and you had back to back.
Speaker 3: I give you credit.
Speaker 5: Jp.
Speaker 3: I'm not locking to either one. No, you're not allowed to lock anything. I mean, I think the Dolphins boat race the Titans, and I think Green Bay is man. That's the youngest team in the NFL. Give Matt Lafure a ton of it and that young roster. They're doing a good job. And Jordan Loves starting. I mean watching him last week Monday Night football is like, my goodness, this guy's not bad. Turn out, go ahead, I'm taking Miami.
Speaker 2: I mean that's an easy Titan just can't get They can't keep pace with that feet And who's green Bay playing Giants?
Speaker 3: Because I got so distracted by your inne do you like it? I mean, you really think I'm gonna pick the Giants? We could do that on Thursdays if you want. I'm really gonna pick the Giants. I mean, is the kid that's still staying at home with his mom.
Speaker 5: Can't do that?
Speaker 3: Come on, look, I'm not I'm not picking a quarterback. Pete.
Speaker 2: Okay, that still ends up having his mom make his bed on a daily base.
Speaker 3: So you got Pete.
Speaker 8: Sorry, Hey, Tebow's dad was on the practice field every day in Florida.
Speaker 5: He wanted Heasman trophy, so he's got that going for.
Speaker 3: Didn't work for him in the NFL, though, Pete. Yeah, we're talking about.
Speaker 8: Thet I got the Dolphins, and I think the Giants will hang around. But I think green Bay wins the game again. I think it's going to be a little closer than expected.
Speaker 5: Green Bay. Keep an eye on them. They are going to make the postseason.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a call? Is that a lock? We're not walking this week. We're taking a break off. No locks, no locks this week, no locks this week. I am right now, I am not Pete.
Speaker 2: This is how we do Monday's logs. Thanks for coming out, many thanks, thanks for joining us. Thanks for the free food. That's Jeff Logan, I got you.
Speaker 3: You got your.
Speaker 2: Pete Brisco, Tony MASSELLI covered it all our entire crew here and back of the stadium. Thanks for coming out to mister Chubby's wings. This is Jaguars Happy Hour.