Speaker 1: We're all the best Bits of the week with Morgan. It's Listener Q and daytime. We're Morgan in a show member answer almost all your questions.
Speaker 2: It's time for Listener Q and A. We're answering some listener questions, starting with shout outs though Becky is loving the Amy all the time segments which are so fun.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, okay, good thank you Becky.
Speaker 2: Love Amy and Morgan on best bits my fathe duo, Kelsey and Florida Katie from Austin love y'all both so much. And then another one just love.
Speaker 4: You powerful ladies.
Speaker 2: Lots of good energy coming into Listener Q and A today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I appreciate that, and a lot of women.
Speaker 5: They're lifting up women, which is good because, believe it or not, some women still want to just take other women down.
Speaker 4: That is true, they absolutely do. So that's why we're starting with good.
Speaker 2: Energy to go into all of these all right, Sarah and Tennessee, what is your latest favorite toast recipe?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: I am very much into It's a Ezekiel bread. Just had it yesterday, I'm gonna have it again today. This is my og recipe, but I added a little twist so toast the ezekiel bread, put ghee on it, and then I've been putting cream cheese on top of that and then sea salt.
Speaker 3: So I used to just be the gee in the sea salt.
Speaker 5: That's my OG recipe, and I'll either sometimes I add something saltea sometimes I add something sweet. Even if I add something sweet like jelly, I still put the sea salt on top.
Speaker 3: But cream cheese kick lately.
Speaker 2: Any particular cream cheese or just like plain cream cheese lane.
Speaker 5: It varies if I have because the super recipe calls for just normal cream cheese.
Speaker 3: So sometimes I have that in.
Speaker 5: Myridge because I've been obsessed with the soup. But also I don't even know how to say this brand. There's a like a cashew version. I'm looking it up like as I say this, so hold on. It's called Mioko's m i Yo Ko Creamery and it's a cashew cream cheese.
Speaker 3: So it's either I've been wanting to look into them.
Speaker 4: You like them?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I've only gotten that cream cheese. I don't know what their other products are like, but that cream cheese is really good. If you can't have dairy, dairy doesn't really impact me as much. But I can't remember why I originally bought it.
Speaker 3: I think maybe they were out of.
Speaker 5: Philodoni cream cheese, because that's the og, that's where it's at, that's the good stuff, and I ended up buying that.
Speaker 3: But it was quite tasty.
Speaker 2: So well, you are the one who introduced me to cashew queso, so I didn't know if this was also in that same It.
Speaker 5: Isn't that vain, Like it's a cashew based cheese that doesn't have any other weird ingredients like some times there's added whatnot. But I feel like everything on the back of this I could read.
Speaker 4: We love that.
Speaker 2: Okay, what is your favorite thing you've discovered about yourself since divorce?
Speaker 4: McKinsey in Nashville.
Speaker 3: That I'm capable.
Speaker 5: That I spent a lot of time just not thinking I could do something or had the capacity to do it. And I mean that ranges from like small little things around the house to I've talked about finances. I deferred that early on in my marriage. I was like, oh, I don't deal with money. So he did it all and now you know, I'm a responsible person with my money and that just gives it gives me agency over, you know, my own life, I didn't have a choice. I loved ignoring it because it just wasn't my favorite thing. But now I'm very empowered by that knowledge. And and that's not about amount or anything like that. It's just like knowing what's coming in and what is going out and how you're spending it.
Speaker 3: That's been very empowering. You know that I'm capable of just doing other things.
Speaker 5: I think that they'd all like plays off of each other, Like once you realize you're capable of this, then you try something else, and you try something else, and it's a domino effect.
Speaker 3: So that's been like the coolest.
Speaker 5: Part of even knowing that I'm capable of co parenting in a healthy way. I'm capable of good communication and being dedicated to that, you know, which sometimes we're not great at all, But we're capable of circling back and asking for forgiveness if we need to, and wanting a fresh start. So the capable is all over the place. But that I think is the big word.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a good word. I feel like you've definitely had that come into just watching you grow in.
Speaker 4: The last few years.
Speaker 2: I do feel like that's such a big word that you've used. What does your morning routine look like with this job and the kids, Katie and Georgia.
Speaker 5: Well, I have the kids every other week now, so I mean it doesn't really change that much because I always ever since we got the kids, I've always left before they do so nothing. My mornings are the same with the kids, whether they're here or not, and they're it's helpful now that they're older and they can take care of themselves in a different way. I mean Ben was at the house a lot, but when he would travel, we used to have someone get to the house at like four thirty in the morning. Thankfully we don't have to do that anymore because they're able to do their own thing.
Speaker 3: So I would say for me, though, like I wake up.
Speaker 5: And I like to I've started this year in twenty twenty five because I'm pausing botox for a little while just to see I mean, I don't know, I may get it again, but I just wanted to get back to what's my baseline, and so I've started face fitness. So I've been waking up in the morning first thing, doing about a ten minute face fitness routine, which isn't just for the on your face, Like I relax my chest muscles, open my lymph nodes, massage my shoulder, my neck, my scalp, and then my face.
Speaker 3: It's all related and so I'm learning a lot.
Speaker 5: So my morning routine in twenty twenty five is that which has been very relaxing because it helps relax my shoulder if I slept wrong in any way. It sort of releases that and it's like my own little ten minute self care meditation moment.
Speaker 3: Like I try to treat it as that, like.
Speaker 2: A Okay, I think I might need this from you.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'll send you. I just find videos on YouTube.
Speaker 5: Different people have ten minute morning routines up and I sort of bounce around. I'm sure it'd be good for me to stay consistent with one person, but I still feel like I'm trying to edge get myself and learn, and I'll learn what works best for me. But one thing that is a huge takeaway for your posture your face and like what causes your skin to pull down has to do with your neck and your scalp and the base of your scalp head, like where your skull meets your neck, and then the two muscles on the left and the right side. It starts with a pee. I can't remember exactly what it's called, but it's a muscle that starts with a pe.
Speaker 3: It's really big.
Speaker 5: If you kind of just go like down from your master or your jaw, like the back part of your jaw next.
Speaker 2: I know which muscles you're talking about because you can feel them when you like fail.
Speaker 5: Your neck, you can turn one which way, and then if you just start to massage that and if you start to do it lightly, it doesn't have to be too hard, and you can get a little bit more aggressive and deeper if you want to. But if that's painful, that means you need to keep massaging it and try to get to wear it becomes like unstuck from your neck and like our scalp. I didn't realize how important that was too in helping us feel relaxed and having good posture and dirt. So many videos that I see there, like if your scalp is like kind of glued to your head, you need to massage that out because you need to release the muscle, which, if you think about it, botox is relaxing the muscle yep, euralizing it. And so this is I'm sort of creating a more relaxed vibe myself.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It's just sort of a year of.
Speaker 5: Less like less is more and trying to figure out I think that. You know, in my thirties when I discovered botox, I didn't do it a ton a ton, but then my late late thirties to early forties, I started to up it more, and I don't know, I just kind of hit a season where I'm like, wait a second, I don't want to.
Speaker 3: Keep doing things.
Speaker 5: And then when I'm fifty sixty there being a rever verse effect. And again I'm not anti it. I think it is great. I actually am sad I miss it. But I'm also trying to lean into some of my wrinkles and be grateful for them, but not too grateful because I want to relax them.
Speaker 3: So I still spend time with.
Speaker 5: Them, and I'm like, thank you, forehead wrinkles. I'm you're awesome. But I'm also going to massage you out and try to get you to stop stop creating lines.
Speaker 3: And it's possible. I really I had no idea this was a thing.
Speaker 2: But you know, something I learned from my amazing dermatologists back home in Kansas that I had never nobody had ever told me about is that when you're applying products, one, it should be also applied to your neck.
Speaker 4: And also you should be doing.
Speaker 2: It upwards from your neck. Doing it downwards is also causing that. So if you're young, like you're in your early twenties and you're starting to do this, apply upward not downward.
Speaker 5: Well, so I with the limbs, yes, the center of your neck, like right in the middle, like if you go right to the middle of your between your collarbones, that part up to your chin up. But then when you get over by your ears, if it's over anywhere by your ears, you want to gently go down. But a lot of your product that you're applying to that front part, Yes, neck and chest go up, and then face you can go up. But if you're by your ears, always try to go down because that's where your limps release.
Speaker 3: And so if it's a fluid.
Speaker 5: Or anything in there, if you've opened up your limps, which is just gentle movements, you can google how.
Speaker 3: To do it. It's very easy.
Speaker 5: Over like your chest, your underarm area, by your collarbone, and then if you're by your ears, though, you want to go down, because you want that fluid to go down. If you ever notice, like when you're I was talking about this as my dermatologists the other day.
Speaker 3: He was on my podcast this week.
Speaker 5: And he was like, you know, when you're not feeling well, if your sin it says your limps get swollen, like you're like, oh, why is my face and my nose is swollen, my neck is swollen, and that's because it's inflamed and those that like fluid is rushing there to help like heal. But if you want to release or some of that fluid, you can google how to open up your limbs and give yourself a little lymphatic drainage massage, which there's.
Speaker 2: Experts, which is what we've talked about.
Speaker 4: That's what helped me a lot.
Speaker 3: It helped you, but there's ways.
Speaker 5: Of course, seeing a professional is probably ideal because there's ways you can do it wrong, but if you want to really dig into it, there are tutorials and then that way, if you need to give yourself little mini lymphatic massages at home every day, you can and it'll help release that fluid even around you know, the bags under your eyes. But I'll watch my nose, like go down, why wake up? And my nose seems just more inflamed for some reason. I don't know if it's something that I ate, probably too much sea salt on my toast.
Speaker 3: But I'm not going to give that up anytime soon.
Speaker 5: But I'll do little exercises to release it. And you can see it happen, and it's kind of crazy, like if you just do your left side and then you go over and do your right side, sort of like guasha if you've ever done that, and some of the fluid will come back. It's a temporary thing, but that's why if you do these exercises daily, it will help you.
Speaker 2: Oh see, this is good. This is part of Amy's morning routine. And now we're all going to be watching on YouTube trying.
Speaker 4: To figure out how to do this.
Speaker 5: Some videos that I watch are from like, I don't know where they live, Japan, Korea, Ta, I'm not sure, Hey, some other languages, and I just follow along and act like I know what they're saying.
Speaker 2: But there's a reason their skin look so amazing. Okay, we trust them. I trust them explicitly with how.
Speaker 4: Amazing they look. Okay, we're going to take a quick break, We'll be right back, all right.
Speaker 2: What style jeans are in jin from Georgia.
Speaker 3: I keep hearing over and over that skinning jeans are back.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I've learned about jeans, amy is that I am just going to wait or what feels good on me, and I'm just I can't keep up anymore, right.
Speaker 5: And I think that that is exactly what we should all just do. Just wear what you like and do what feels best. I really am personally enjoying like a just a straight leg jean. I still wear a lot of the same jeans that I've been wearing the last few years, or even just flared out at the bottom like they're high waisted, but then they flare out at the bottom and they're sort of short, so it's a raw hymn, which you can even cut, like I've cut some jeans to make them intentionally short, so they're just a little bit above my ankle. But you can still wear those with heels, you can wear them with boots, you can wear them with birken stocks, and they work.
Speaker 3: So you're sort of like it's like a flare high water.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in a way. No, I love those. Those are my favorite too.
Speaker 2: I like any of them that honestly have that rock cut at the bottom, especially as a short early, I feel like it just fits better. Sometimes the like finished edges just make me look like a teen child.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but my go to gene brands I love Abercrombie always has great ones at a really good price point.
Speaker 3: Levi's. I've seen some Levi's.
Speaker 5: Lately that that have been a great price point that are really cute. A Goldie It's a little bit higher price point, but quality like you'll have them for years and you can wear them over and over. But those are my go to frame occasionally, but that is just sometimes they're too expensive. You could if you can find them on sale. That's what I like to do with frame.
Speaker 4: MM. That's one of my favorite brands is Pistola.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's They're amazing and they always often have a lot of sales. The only thing that kind of sucks about them is that you can't They're all of their stuff's very individual, so if you find them in a store, some you may not find them online that same way.
Speaker 4: So it is cool, but.
Speaker 5: It's also hard and so something for getting a discount. This doesn't work all the time. But give it a try. If you are shopping for something, go ahead and put it, Like if you have an account at a certain place, you can go ahead and sign up and get an account to get the discount whatnot, or just put it in your car somehow they need to have your email address. Put things in your car and leave it there, and then sometimes you'll get an email it'll be like, hey, I noticed you have these jeans in your car. Here's a twenty percent discount, and you're like, sweet things.
Speaker 4: Isn't that awesome?
Speaker 2: But also kind of creepy at the same time where they are realizing that you had the car open.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally, I'll take it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that's great jeans. Does your dog still go with the kids to the dad's or do you have her full time?
Speaker 3: Leah in Pennsylvania have her full time now. She stopped going back and forth. She has a lot of anxiety.
Speaker 5: And I think there's more happening here at my house during the day because I don't work at the office.
Speaker 3: Until five pm.
Speaker 5: Like Ben goes into work and he's gone, you know, from eight to five or whatever as to where I'm home after the show, and so I can give her more attention.
Speaker 3: She was just at his house. It was more difficult for her to.
Speaker 5: Have help, like he was having to go home at lunch, which I know a lot of people have to do that, but it just wasn't good for her, and I think even the back and forth was stressing her out more. And so sometimes she'll still go there if it's for the weekend, like she'll go Friday through Sunday and then come back with me during the week or Stevenson really, you know, is missing her and it's like, please, I really want her to sleep with me. We'll figure that out and I'll go by there and pick her up like after work or something and bring her back home for the day and then she can go back at night. We try to, you know, be flexible with it. But as for the back and forth, like the kids, that's what we were doing, is almost like shared custody of the.
Speaker 3: Kids and shared custody of the dog.
Speaker 5: And now she's just with me because we were trying to figure out getting her anxiety under control, and obviously that back and forth was not helping.
Speaker 2: So do you feel like she's better now, doing a little bit better at least without so much back and forth.
Speaker 3: Oh my better. Right now, she's sitting right by me. Have you heard her this whole time?
Speaker 5: Normally she's will bark or be loud, and she's just calmly laying with me. I mean, she's like, she has some trauma, she has attachment disorder for sure. She's a rescue and I've just sort of we've tried to get her a lot of help. And I've even done when I was doing a neurofeedback episode with my brain therapist and she has this whole portable kit that she'll bring over, and so since she was coming over to do the podcast, she went ahead and brought the portable kit instead of me going to her office.
Speaker 3: And so she said, you know, I do dogs.
Speaker 5: And I was like, shut up and she was like yeah, and she's like, let's just do it for fun, and so she said she put the little electrodes on Kara's brain. I was like, oh my gosh, this feels like crazy dog lady. But apparently some people swear by it. I only did it that one time because she brought it over for the podcast, so it wasn't.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to continue doing it.
Speaker 5: But if you have access to that or resources, I know that sounds crazy, but she said that the neurofeedback can even help dogs.
Speaker 4: I would believe that.
Speaker 2: I mean, they have little brains just like ours. They just kind of operate differently.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we'll see the attachment issues.
Speaker 3: Is attached to me.
Speaker 4: Well, at least she's attached to you. That's a good attachment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's a problem. She's like, oh, yeah, what if you never come back to get me? So I'm going to go ahead and eat everything in the house that's important to you.
Speaker 4: You know, I have that kind of trauma too. I get it. Do you still have a microwave? Becca from wake Forest, North Carolina? I, yeah, I have one now.
Speaker 3: You know I didn't for years. You know my boyfriend doesn't have a microwave.
Speaker 5: What. Yeah, No, he doesn't have a microwave and nor will he get one.
Speaker 3: He does not like them at all, whatsoever. But I I lived that wave.
Speaker 2: That feels like that was kind of faded in a way.
Speaker 3: My microwave stuff, or just that in general, that thinking in general.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just that like you for a long time didn't have one. You have one now, but like just that you didn't and that he doesn't.
Speaker 4: That just feels faded.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to explain it, but it feels like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh I thought even like the thought of that is faded.
Speaker 4: Like no, no, no, fated like with the tea.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is interesting. But I still use a microwave now, but maybe I'll go back.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: He has influenced me in other ways as well, like things that I used to do where I had to like ditch it for a little while, and now I'm like, okay, yeah, you're right. I know that that's better for my body, so fine, I'll bring it back.
Speaker 4: We love it. Hey, he's making you healthy. It's good. This is good, all right.
Speaker 2: Last one, is there any TV series? We talked about TV series and some reviews on part one, if you want to check that out, But is there any TV series You've been so into that nothing distracted you Katie from Austin?
Speaker 3: I mean, we talked about that.
Speaker 5: Presumed in I was gonna say proposed presumed Innocent. I mean, but that was probably six episodes if I remember six or seven, and so.
Speaker 3: Gosh that I was very glued to that. It's been a minute since. I mean, Lioness.
Speaker 5: Feel pretty strongly about that one.
Speaker 2: I think she's referring to the ones that you actually will sit and watch verses move around on your computer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, presumed innocent I watched that lank out and Lioness I watched mostly laying down.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's like the mostly caveat in there.
Speaker 5: Mostly I can't always guarantee, but presumed innocent I was over and yeah, I was glued to that, like if I missed a detail of that one, I was going back.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, oh this is good, all right, Amy, Well, thanks for joining me. I have more, but honestly, we just had fun talking about other random things, so it worked out. But thanks for coming on and doing this with me, especially over our craziness of zoom.
Speaker 3: You know, I just hope you feel better. I know you're in pain.
Speaker 5: So yes, we can call it a day and maybe save some of the questions for next time.
Speaker 4: Yes I will.
Speaker 2: And then I always get a lot with you, so I'm sure they'll they'll put them back in. So but thank you for being on here, and thanks for doing this in such a weird way for the weekend. But I know the listeners will appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, thank you. Thank you to listeners.
Speaker 5: Ring awesome and supportive and all all chapters of our lives.
Speaker 2: Yes, do you want to shout out where they can find you hear you all that good stuff?
Speaker 5: Yes at Radio Amy on Socials and podcast is four Things with Amy Brown.
Speaker 2: Love it and you can follow me at web Girl Morgan and I have a podcast called Take This Personally, and of course follow the show at Bobby bonehow on all the Things?
Speaker 4: All right, let's get out of here Amy, Bye everybody.
Speaker 3: Hye.
Speaker 1: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 3: And followed web Girl Morgan
Speaker 1: To submit your listener questions for next week's episode.