Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly, a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy speculation and advice. Now along with the guys from Guillotine Leagues dot com, here's your host, Paul Chargian.
Speaker 1: It's the first big draft weekend of Fantasy football twenty twenty three, and we are here to help. I am Paul Chargy. In my cost today are Brian Johnson and Scott Fish. Scott, I barely even know what you look like.
Speaker 3: I know I wasn't fired as most people thought. Thor did not replace me. I'm still here.
Speaker 4: It's touching, gum. I'll be honest.
Speaker 5: Okay, you might, Okay, I don't want to bank on that quite Yeah.
Speaker 3: Maybe I spoke too soon.
Speaker 4: You might.
Speaker 1: You might want to be careful with that. So much great stuff to get to today. We're gonna go through all the things we're learning and training camp all thirty two teams like we do at the start of every of all of our preseason shows. We're gonna describe the toughest decision you need to make in every round one through ten. When this this guy comes up, you're on the clock. This is the tough decision. Thumbs up, thumbs down. We'll go through three tough questions like we always do. Scott will take us through vacated targets. What are the teams that have a big opening for targets players who left their team from last year. Brian will talks to us about running back touches that are vacated. So these are opportunities that are up for grab for somebody new, love it.
Speaker 5: Or some bodies Oh.
Speaker 1: Oh, all right, tip tipping your hand a little bit. Offensive lines, the best and worst. We care only about the best and the worst. The rest are in the middle. We'll talk about the ones you gotta be careful about and the ones that you want to be sure to help help your favorite players.
Speaker 4: And then we'll give out our sleepers. So lots to get to.
Speaker 3: I love your analysis, best, worst and middle.
Speaker 4: The other thirty twenty two teams just in the middle.
Speaker 3: Yep, there it is.
Speaker 4: That's right, all right.
Speaker 1: So let's let's break down what we've learned and train camps in preseason action from each of the team. Scott, We're going to begin with you and the Arizona Cardinals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess the most recent news this week, the Arizona Cardinals acquired Josh Dobbs, who people are now speculating might be then might have a chance to start over Cole McCoy to start the season. That's the big no, big news. Dobson McCoy basically become last round super flex draft picks. Dobson McCoy. That sounds like a whiskey bar.
Speaker 4: Sounds like a law firm.
Speaker 3: Oh that too, that too. I think with all the trades the Cardinals have made there on their way to Caleb Williams next year.
Speaker 4: That I'll sign point that way.
Speaker 1: Although that Houston pick is going to be worth as much as people think, I'm telling you he's going to be. Okay, Brian, what do we learn from the Atlanta Falcons training camp in preseason?
Speaker 6: Falcons played the Steelers on Thursday night. They were shut out, but none of their starters played. But that means Bjon Robinson should have played in that game because he still listed number three at running back on their depth chart. He's not their third running back. But again, would you have any great okay, very nice addition to the Jean Robinson. He's going to be the starter, but again, be a little wary. I don't know Arthur Smith. He's a pain in the ass when it comes to fantasy football.
Speaker 3: So ifill can make a fantasy potential fantasy star not.
Speaker 6: Perform, it's it is so again, Bijon is going top three among running backs.
Speaker 5: We live up to that ADP. Only time will tell.
Speaker 1: In Baltimore, this roster is filled with injured guys on the men who we don't have really any data on. So it's frustrating, but that's the scenario we've got. You're gonna have to largely draft on faith.
Speaker 4: With JK.
Speaker 1: Dobbins, Rashad Bateman, and Obj. None are expected to get any preseason in game action at all. Dobbin says he's in great shape. He said that last preseason. Rashad Bateman says he's ninety nine percent recovered, so he's he left the door open just a little bit. I'm saying there's a chance, uh and OBG OBJ seems to be rending towards the start of the season. But probably to me that OBJ were this far into training camp and OBJ is still getting like two days of rest off.
Speaker 3: He's had eighteen months of rest Offish.
Speaker 1: I'm nervous about I don't like. I don't like guys rolling into the seven and needing rest at this stage. Let's go to the Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 3: What'll we learned running back room stuff? The Bills believe James Cook can be a bellcow. They also signed Tyd Johnson this week to replace Nahim Heines's role of one point two touches per game. Damian Harris returned to practice for some limited work. We're not sure when he's gonna be ready yet.
Speaker 4: All right, Carolina, what have we learned there?
Speaker 6: DJ Shark dealing with a hamstring injury right now. Sadly, the song remains the same with Chark hasn't played a full season in his career, just fifteen games played over the last two years for DJ Shark. So it looks like your guy, Adam Thielin is the wide receiver to roster right now based on ADP. Jonathan Mingo certainly in the mix, of course, but DJ Shark looking a little iffy for Week one.
Speaker 1: Mingo's had some really good and really bad plays at various times. Well, we'll see how that pans out. But I feel like Thieland's being dramatically underdrafted, like six.
Speaker 3: Lot of available targets there a lot.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, maybe we'll talk more about the show in Chicago. Hard to draft Chase Claypool, but he is the starting receiver and an emerging offense here. He's been down with the hamstring injury since August ninth, but they say he's going to be ready for the start of the season. Who might not be though key offensive lineman Tevin Jenkins has a leg injury. His availability for the starter is not clear. And last thing I'll mention about Chicago. Based on preseason action, the Bears backfield looks like a true committee.
Speaker 4: Khalil Herbert probably is the is the start, but it may not matter.
Speaker 1: Johnson's had some sizzling moments, but it's unclear how big his role is going to be early in the season.
Speaker 3: They've both had some really good moments. They both ranked highly on the Scoot Index.
Speaker 4: For me, so oh, very big on the Scoot Index. Very scoot end.
Speaker 1: Yes, if there's nothing I like to index more than scoots.
Speaker 4: Cincinnati, what have we learned?
Speaker 3: Sounds like Chris Evans will take the backup role, but also the pass game work, lightning the load a little bit for Joe Mixon, who was not found not guilty this last week of aggravated menaicine. We'll see if that brings any kind of suspension. Sometimes even not guilty verdicts bring that with the NFL.
Speaker 1: And you still got a pending legal case over the shooting of a neighbor boy, so that's.
Speaker 4: Still out there.
Speaker 1: Ye Ah, it's never quite easy with Joe mixing Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 4: What have we learned?
Speaker 6: Brian Jerome Ford could be ready for Week one. He suffered a hamstring injury a couple of weeks ago. He was an intriguing backup option for Nick Chubb, of course, but Cleveland didn't bring in any any you know, backa or a running back help while Ford was out. His ADP Jerome Ford's that is, has dropped more than two rounds over the last two weeks. I think one of the the must handcuffs if you draft Nick Chubb, but also an enticing just stash play. He's gonna have a role in this offense when healthy, even if Chubb. If Chubb is healthy, so just keep here on your own Ford, He's coming at a great discount right now. I'm certainly scooping scooping up some shares.
Speaker 4: Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Dak Prescott said that tight end Jake Ferguson will become quote a big time player in this league. I'm in Ferguson is a top the depth chart ahead of rookie Luke Schoonmacher and Dalton Schultz. Was you know, was the starter. Obviously he's gone. Ferguson could walk into at least Scheltzian production, and so there is a lot of upside for a guy going off the.
Speaker 4: Board very late.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about that one later too.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a spot for some vacated targets Denver Broncos.
Speaker 4: What have we learned?
Speaker 3: Uh? Two pass game notes. Jerry Judy expected to miss several weeks after I drafted him twice this week. I mean, my bad.
Speaker 5: You should have know.
Speaker 3: I may have cursed him. Actually that's probably how it works.
Speaker 6: You should have been bleeding the clock if you're drafting him.
Speaker 3: If jig a couple of times last week, So like, maybe maybe I'm just guilty of.
Speaker 5: This not draft Damian Pierce.
Speaker 3: I will try not to. It's a hamstring injury for him and those ken Linger. They already lost Hammler and Tim Patrick, so it'll be a lot of Tim Sutton, and this week Sean Payton mentioned that Great Dulcic will play the joker role, moving all over the formation to exploit mismatches, which I found a little interesting interesting comment there.
Speaker 1: You know, we get this stuff every preseason. I know some player they're like, oh, we're gonna over the field, and what that most usually means is like two plays or you.
Speaker 3: Know, or Dulsage's case, he'll move to all the spots of the wide receivers who can't play in Week one, maybe to tack onto Oh I'm with you, I'm not. I'm not in on Dulcie. I'm just reporting what was said.
Speaker 6: I understand tack onto that door real quick, Mark Quez Callaway a deep dart throw. Keep your eye on what former saint Yeah, Sean Payton, Beckham.
Speaker 5: Is just a straight vertical speed.
Speaker 4: Give me some three catches to Detroit Lyons.
Speaker 6: What do we learn, Brian, i'man Rossaint Brown returned to practice on Wednesday. Suffered a scare last week with an ankle injury. We know you love some God Scott, most of us too. He's in line for a great.
Speaker 4: My number five wide receiver. Do you have him even higher than that?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'd have to check, all right.
Speaker 5: If he wasn't stopped at the one yard line.
Speaker 3: To do because I've been to I took him in the first round last week in the league.
Speaker 1: I've taken him first round of Gullantine leagues. But those are eighteen, those are eighteen.
Speaker 3: You know, he took them one to eleven.
Speaker 4: Wow, I like it.
Speaker 6: You mentioned it last week. He got stopped at the one yard line like five or six times last year. If that didn't happen, he would He's probably wide receiver three. But and quickly though, no one's talking about what other wide receiver to draft. People are still drafting Jamison Williams, who's going to miss the first six games by week week nine, So you get two games in the first nine weeks from James and Williams. People need to start talking about Josh Reynolds. In my mind, Marvin Jones going ahead of Reynolds with Jones's dust, Josh Reynolds should be getting drafted in the later rounds right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this could be a top five, top seven scoring offense and their number two receivers going undrafted.
Speaker 3: I think you're wrong about Jamison Williams. He averages forty one yards per catch. It he scores on every.
Speaker 5: Play against the Vikings.
Speaker 4: Yes, he scores in every parlay play or.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I had to do it.
Speaker 1: Jamison Broom, Green Bay Packers. Romeo Dobbs looks like the best receiver in Green Bay. He's had the strongest OTA's training camp preseason games. He scored in the first preseason game, then in the second preseason game put up forty two yards on a reception. His ADP Romeo Dobbs way down at wide receiver sixty one going off the board in round fifteen.
Speaker 6: If only he was as fast as Luke Musgrave though, yef only and if.
Speaker 1: It comes down to that, you know, we did the teammates game last week. Christian Watson's ADP is round five, Wide receiver twenty four. Give me Dobbs at wide receiver sixty one in round few fifteen. Absolutely he's I think he's a better all around receiver, doesn't have the same upside. Let's go to the Houston Texans, Scott, what have we learned?
Speaker 3: CJ. Stroud is being listed as the starter, but no definitive announcement yet. But I think we can all pretty much assume that's going to happen. Damian Pierce played one hundred percent of the first team's fourteen offensive snaps in the last preseason game, netting one point five fantasy points. I'm just joking because charge is here. It's didn't get didn't get much on those. But I love that he's playing every single snap and he looks to be a a bell horse or a workcou or whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think I think.
Speaker 1: I think my horse is gone, no, or my cow is gone. We had the cow bell, but it didn't We had a broken cow bell.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all of State Fair.
Speaker 3: Do we still have one in the room. We used to have one in the room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we used to have the cow bell. Somebody sent us which was awesome. We had a Fantasy Football weekly cow bell because we had a listener who made cow bells.
Speaker 4: That was awesome. Indianapolis Colts, Brian, what have we learned?
Speaker 6: A new twist in the Jonathan Taylor saga. He's been a granted permission to seek a trade. So I don't think the Colts are actually trying to trade him. They're just saying, go ahead and try it. Try and find someone who wants to trade for you in are ridiculous first round pick demands his dead No, they will not get that. His deadline is supposedly Tuesday to get a deal done.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Is this the new way teams are operating. They did that with Lamar Jackson. They're like, it's all they sign him. And then they did that with Austin Eckler. Okay, go find a trade, and they did and they resign him.
Speaker 1: Is I think what happens is Jonathan Taylor's people go to the Colts, they say trade us, and the Colts come back two days later they go, nobody wants you, and they go, ha, we think plenty of people want him. Let us go for work out of trade. And so then they call thirty one teams and try to find a landing spot for Jonathan Taylor. And I think that's I think that's what's happened here.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: The reason I think Taylor's got a better chance of moving than most players here is these suicides do not like each other. It's emotional. The team does not want Jonathan Taylor. Jonathan Taylor does not want to be on that team, and that provides a motivation to get him out of Indy.
Speaker 4: That is that you don't normally get.
Speaker 1: Say when Austin Neckler is looking for more money, and it's like, you know, you know, I'll go wherever I have to go to get more money.
Speaker 4: They like Austin, I'll go. He's a good dude.
Speaker 3: Dolphins, anybody, Dolphins, Jacksonville, Jaguars.
Speaker 4: Let's go there, Not the Dolphins.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just saying, Dolphins, Taylor to the Dolphins. They've been interest interested.
Speaker 1: I don't want that in a rookie draft field with the lead tight end prospects. Jaguars tight end Brenton Strange as the highest rookie PFF grade of the preseason. Nobody even totally off Radars now he's just a deep dynasty stash because they re signed Evan Ingram to a fat new deal.
Speaker 5: But you never know, and.
Speaker 4: You know, stranger things have happened.
Speaker 1: So and then with more with the Jaguars later we might talk about a certain running back little later.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, let's get a couple more teams in.
Speaker 3: How can we go a show without you talking about a Jaguars running back? Though it's a specific.
Speaker 4: One and it is it is, It is not going to happen. I don't think Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 3: Scott Isaiah Piccheco finally practicing in fall after offseason torn labraham and broken hand surgeries. Hey, we're like twins. I've torn my labor and broken my hand, and like Tonya Chief Tony Pollard broke his peebela last year, I've broken I'm basically an NFL running back. So many similarities. It's on caddy anyway. Pacheco may finally play in the third preseason game to get some game action reps, but you should feel a little better about drafting him now.
Speaker 7: Las Vegas Raiders Brian so Josh Jacobs has not officially signed his franchise tag yet, but no, they expect him to, but something worth keeping an eye on.
Speaker 6: And also, Aiden O'Connell, rookie quarterback, might take Jimmy G's job at but Super Flex League's great last round pick mustache right now, aid In o'conn O'Connell.
Speaker 4: Would you rather have Aidan O'Connell or d t R. They're both backups now, they're both backups. Now dt Robson has.
Speaker 5: Got down to run. That's that's his nickname. Dt R.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 1: I like that when we come back, will continue to philly you on what we've learned in training camps, plus plenty more to go between now and the end of the show Fantasy Football Weekly. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly Paul Chargie and Brian Johnson Scott.
Speaker 4: Fish with you.
Speaker 1: You can get my cheechee available for free Guillotine at leagues dot com. And while you're there, it's the funnest, freshest way to play fantasy football. We are all in multiple Guillotine leagues. Got two graph drafts going right at this moment.
Speaker 4: I'm on the clock.
Speaker 1: In fact, in one of them. I need to make a move. Sure, that's the league you and I are in, Scott, I know I'm on the clock. It'd be nice if I actually make a pick, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It's tough for you though, because I stole Damien Pierce from you and.
Speaker 4: The whole thing.
Speaker 1: That's right, the whole thing with ravel the whole straft strategy unraveled when you did that.
Speaker 5: Well, thanks for the invite. I'll take it as you guys are just scared.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that too, that too. Guillotine leagues. You know how it works.
Speaker 1: You start the season with eighteen up to eighteen teams because there's eighteen.
Speaker 4: Weeks in the season, no headhead.
Speaker 1: Instead, every week the low snoring team gets chopped, all their players go to the waiver wire while the rest of us build superstar rosters. All you have to do is not finish last in any week of the season. Lots of fun, totally new way to play Guillotine leagues dot Com.
Speaker 5: Let's go back to the.
Speaker 4: Things we've learned in training camp in preseason games. The Los Angeles Rams. I think I think we're up next to Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: Sure, I'll do the rams and you can. You can figure it out over there. Cooper Cup resumed practice this week and said if there was a game today, he could play, which which tracks with what a lot of the doctors have said about his injury. It's looking like it's also looking like Kyron Williams may not just take over the RB two role. He could take over the pass game work as Yeah, Iron Williams Brian Sleeper from last week.
Speaker 6: I've bookmarked your comments from last week in my head. Jeffrey, I'm coming for you.
Speaker 4: He looked mundane last year. That is a stone cold fact.
Speaker 1: Los Angeles Chargers the battle to back of Boston Eckler appears to be tilting towards Isaiah Spiller, who's looked better in game action, and Quentin Johnson has looked very sharp both in practice and game action. He's shaping up to be the team's third receivers.
Speaker 5: Early as Week one, you might have skipped over me.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's just I started with the wrong team, Miami Dolphins.
Speaker 5: Well, we talked about it earlier, is all it's all about.
Speaker 6: They are apparently the front runner to trade for Jonathan Taylor right now, which would certainly muck up the Dolphins backfield and likely that the Colts backfield, because you would have to imagine that one or two running backs would be shipped over back to the Colts if Taylor were to be traded to the Dolphins. So we'll have to see what happens there, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Minnesota Vikings. When he's not dinged up, Jordan Addison continues to impress. He's making acrobatic catches, he's beating coverage, he's winning contested catches. He looks like a lot to start Week one in the role that Adam thee and left behind, and he's gonna face single coverage all season. He could be sitting on a very big year, and he could also be sitting on Adam Feelin's goal to go routes. Feeling an elite pass catcher in the end zone in short yardage that those routes could go to Addison.
Speaker 4: TJ.
Speaker 1: Hockinson's been dealing with an ear infection in a back issue. He's on track to start the opener, though.
Speaker 3: Minnesota lost eighteen goal to go attempt past attempts.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's mostly feeling.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's some opportunity.
Speaker 1: Seventh round rookie Dwayne McBride is getting drafted in some leagues. He may not have a roster to get to this point.
Speaker 4: So notice on that. Let's go to the New England Patriots.
Speaker 3: Not much here, I think the only notable thing is Mike Oseki has returned to practice for those very large or deep leagues that are drafted. Patriots tight ends apparently. I'm assuming you touched on the Ezekiel Elliott stuff last week, so.
Speaker 4: We did, alright, move We'll move on New Orleans Saints. What have we learned, Brian?
Speaker 5: You're excited about this charge? Rashid Shaheeda, Yeah, yea.
Speaker 6: On Wednesday he was dealing with a growing injury somewhat limited return, but hopefully he's good to go week one. But Michael Thomas continues to look pretty good in camp. So there are some intriguing weapons in New Orleans aside from Alvin Kamara until Week four, but Michael Thomas would nice, would be nice to see him return to somewhat of his his prime.
Speaker 1: New York Giants Darren Waller has looked very natural in this offense. He's the best receiver on the team tight end three, or he's my tight end three.
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 1: Historically it has been very productive inside the five yard line. Since twenty twenty, Darren Wallace turned eleven targets into seven touchdowns. That is a high conversion rate.
Speaker 4: We love that.
Speaker 1: Now they gonna mention Isaiah Hodgins. This is a Brian Johnson early tout from this offseason. He's a lock to start on the outside where he's gonna avoid that logjam of slot receivers like Paris Campbell and Wendel Robinson and Cole Easley and Jamison Crowder. So there's that and Hodgen. He has looked very polished in preseason action, so love him. I think he's a He's a really intriguing sleeper. Let's go to the New York.
Speaker 3: Jets wide receiver room stuff. Corey Davis retired opening up the death depth chart A tiny crack, like a very little, itty bitty crack for a few targets there. Alan Lazard expected to be ready for Week one after his ac joint spray in a few weeks ago, and b writers are claiming Randall Copp could play a big role in the offense after a good daytime nap hitting the buffetian I played with his grand kids. Still, if I come on out there, have a.
Speaker 1: Dinner at four o'clock. Yeah, old country buffet. Yeah, that's probably Randall.
Speaker 5: Cox still has the dreamiest eyes in the NFL, though.
Speaker 3: He was ten years younger than you. Why making these jokes?
Speaker 4: Philadelphia Eagles? What have we learned? Brian?
Speaker 6: The Eagles played the Colts on Thursday night. No one of notes suited up for Philly except for Dan Arnold. That's a note caught two passes for ten yards, also a beautiful block near the They got Trey Sermon into the end zone.
Speaker 5: All but the should have cementing his spot on the roster.
Speaker 6: But in all seriousness, if you're drafting Dallas Goddard, which is I'm all for that. Yep, there's no need to draft another tight end really okay, because you're gonna ride Goddard up until their week ten by. But if something were to happen that Dallas Goddard, Dan Arnold is going to be you laugh. Now, he's going to be a viable option in that Eagles offense.
Speaker 3: You've been right so many times. Why would we doubt you. Let's let's conservatively say there are five thousand fantasy football podcasts and and shows out there. We talk about Dad Arnold more than all of that.
Speaker 4: That we are number by your Dan Arnold leader.
Speaker 5: I'm unulittling anybody.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be Mark Andrews and Isaiah like Liams.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's.
Speaker 5: That's a sheep, Dan Arnold, is it is. It's a sheep. It's gonna it's gonna comebody locking.
Speaker 4: Up that handcuff.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: They are Steelers. The first team offense. They've concluded their preseason. The first team offense. Look five drives, five touchdowns, Kenny Pickett looks notably more comfortable and poised in the pocket. Alan Robinson and this was something Brian talked about I don't know, maybe a month ago, he's locked in as the starter. Now, look, it was bad last year and they needed him, and I'm not very optimistic, but you know, you're in deep enough leagues where you're just trying to find starters. At wide receiver, Alan Robinson's gonna be one of It's gonna be one of the starters. Let's go to San Francisco.
Speaker 3: Set their QB depth chart as QB one, Perty, QB two, Donald, QB three Trey Lance, to the surprise of literally nobody who knows ball, the forty nine ers may explore options for Trey Lance, so he might see another team. We'll see.
Speaker 5: Well, his name is quite literally three.
Speaker 6: Right, Trey Trey writing was on the wall all along.
Speaker 4: Seattle Seahawks. What have we learned?
Speaker 3: Brian?
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, Jackson Smith and Jigba broke his wrist last week in preseason action, underwent surgery earlier this week out and estimated three to four four weeks. That's sort of a ballpark timetable undraftable in guillotine leagues. The Seahawks have a round week five, by so I doubt we see JSN until week six. In my personal non medical opinion, but a risky pick in guillotine leagues for sure. But his adp as has slid, But I think it makes sense that they hold him out through that Week five by so I think it's we're looking at a two month absence for the highest touted rookie wide receiver right now in Tampa Bay.
Speaker 1: Baker Mayfield named the starter, and he's got a pretty soft set of matchups early in the season. Week one against Minnesota's rebuilt pass defense, and there's four of his first six starts for Baker Mayfield and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers strongly positive matchups. So you know, I could see him in super flex or he might be our take a chance on me quarterback from time to time in that first six weeks of games for Baker Mayfield. But I also want to mention this bad news on the hoped return for Tampa Bay center Ryan Jensen. You remember last year he suffered an ACL, an MCL and a PCL and then decided not to have surgery because he's thirty two years old and he was contemplating retirement. He's and he's trying to come back after no surgery, and it doesn't look like it's gonna happen. They he's not able to fly, so they can't travel.
Speaker 5: With him right now.
Speaker 1: So you know, an already bad offensive line could get a lot worse if Ryan Jensen's not able to go this year, and that could be the case. In Tampa, Tennessee Titans, Scott.
Speaker 3: Trey Ann Burks now injured, may not be ready for Week one, and Kyle Phillips also down and may miss several weeks into the season, giving giving way to DeAndre Hopkins and Chicka Konku maybe possibly feasting early in the next in the first few weeks of the season.
Speaker 4: Chick needs to hold the balls that are thrown to him. That would be helpful.
Speaker 3: Yes, I have Taj Spears also looking good, likely the backup and for sure downfield passed routes, a lot of them in camp.
Speaker 4: Spears is fascinating, isn't he?
Speaker 3: Gosh Oh Vikings Joint practices man, he looked good.
Speaker 4: Washington Commander's our final.
Speaker 6: Stop wide receiver Terry McLaurin, now uncertain for Week one after suffering a turf toe injury in the Monday night game against the Ravens, a game the Commanders were treating like the Super Bowl. I'm just like screaming at my TV.
Speaker 4: They played their starters.
Speaker 6: They played their starters, and they played him too hard, like Sam Howell, like trying to run in a touchdown standing upright, almost got killed.
Speaker 4: Why denigrating Sam Howe.
Speaker 5: I'm not denigrating him. I'm saying, put him in bubble wrap.
Speaker 6: They've lost McLaurin for the short term, so I know it's an offense. We're all excited about but Terry McClure and looking very dicey for week one.
Speaker 5: Diami Brown. We all know that. We all know that.
Speaker 3: But I took him over Terry McLaurin this week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's our angle.
Speaker 3: I rank him there.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying Brown over Dotson Dotson, of course, but Brown now in the mix.
Speaker 5: Mclaurin's dinged up come back.
Speaker 1: The toughest decision you're gonna need to make in every round will help you walk through tricky spots in your fantasy draft. When we come back Fantasy Football Weekly. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly.
Speaker 4: Here's an idea for your league.
Speaker 1: Take your regular old standard fantasy league, take all the same people. Run a shadow guillotine league. Same people see if you get the same outcome, totally different way to play all the same people you already like in your private league. We've got private leagues at just three dollars per team, so it's cheap to play. Yeah, and why not super fun? You already like those people in theory? Eh, Now we're talking riff Raft would be very big into that. Not totally clear which one that is he would, Yes, I think he'd be totally into that. Toughest decision every round. I want to go through each round of the draft. Well, depends on how long your draft is, and talk about the hardest decision and tell me which way you're going in each round. Now, depending on where you pick in each round, you may or may not have each of these faces, each of these dilemmas where you pick. But based on today's average draft position, these are all players that are going in these rounds. We begin in round one. Do you trust Cooper Cupp to return to form?
Speaker 4: We begin with Scott Yes.
Speaker 3: Healthwise, Many injury specialists like Stefani Bell and many others have said he'll be fined, is it fine? And is on track? He himself said this week he could play right now if it called upon it. I think he'll be just fine. He was second last year in fantasy points per game, behind only Justin Jefferson, and that was a fairly bad offense last year. So I feel fine about taking him in the first. I have other options. I rank him like sixth, so like I have other options I'd rather have, but I'd be fine with.
Speaker 4: This one of the healthful on Ross Saint Brown.
Speaker 3: It is okay. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the way I said is can you trust Cooper Cup?
Speaker 4: You say yes, I can trust Ryan. Round one. Can I trust Cooper Cup to return to form?
Speaker 5: I can't fully trust him. I know I'm not.
Speaker 6: The ankle injury that cut his season short last year not a concern. He suffered a hamstring injury a couple of weeks ago in camp, obviously not related to the ankle. But Cup just turned thirty years old. That's getting a little old. And if we're talking returning to form of Triple Crown form in twenty twenty one when he led the league and catches yards and touchdowns receiving, of course, I'm not so sure. I'm not saying he can't, but one hundred percent guarantee not for me and guys like I'm on Ross, Ain't Brown, Ceedee Lamb, Garrett Wilson. I'm a little more comfortable drafting them over Cooper Cup right now in a vacuum.
Speaker 1: Part of the reason I trust Cooper Cup is the entire offense is built around him. It's really good and Sean McVay has proven repeatedly that he can do that. He can scheme an offense to get Cooper Cup open, and he's there. He's their offense. You know, it comes, it moves entirely through Cooper Cup. And because he's such an important part of that. If you take the health off the table and it looks like he's gonna be okay.
Speaker 4: I gotta trust Cooper Cup. Let's go to round two.
Speaker 1: Does Dereck Henry have one last good year left in him?
Speaker 4: Brian?
Speaker 5: I have to say, quite the thing there. I don't know where that came.
Speaker 3: I wonder if that's mine. It might have been, says mine is muted, So that was weird.
Speaker 5: I was all right, Robbie Fes, thank you.
Speaker 6: I want him to, but I have to say he doesn't because he was my love the player hate the adp running back from last week, twenty nine years old and two hundred something days. I forget what it was, but it's seven more days from what I.
Speaker 5: Said last week. Tajy Spears.
Speaker 6: We all, most of us saw his electric touchdown run against the Vikings last week, arguably the best backup running back Tennessee has had since Derek Henry has been their starter and the Titans. This isn't Henry's fault. These thirty second ranked offensive line by Pro Football Focus right now. It's not like the glory days from a few years ago. So I'm gonna I want him to have one good year left in him, but I'm going to play it as if he doesn't. You gotta fear the cliff at his age and with that poor offensive line and just an overall dull offense, that's scaring me. So I'm gonna say, no, he doesn't. But I hope I'm wrong.
Speaker 5: Scott.
Speaker 4: Does Dereck Henry have one good year left in him? Second round?
Speaker 3: So good? Probably great? I don't think so. So second round I just can't. I cannot pull that trigger with the other options that are out there. Brian basically stated several of the things that I was going to stay. You know, Tajy Spears taking the downfield running routes, all that pass game work he got last year. That was a one year in his career anomaly that Taji Spears is going to take away from him. The offensive line was mentioned. Good year, maybe not a great year. Not a second round running back here.
Speaker 1: He'll continue to get goal line work and that that counts for something.
Speaker 3: And he led the league in twenty plus yard rushes and stah.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it, but there were too many times last year when I was watching Derrick Henry saying to myself that ain't the same guy that I had seen in the years before.
Speaker 3: That ain't him.
Speaker 4: That is not him.
Speaker 1: I don't know who that guy is, but that's okay. It's Derek Henry. There's nobody else spilt like Derek.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was going to say, he looks very unique. That's impressive.
Speaker 1: I'd rather get out one year too early than one year too late, because by getting out one year too early, I can just go take Ceede Lamb instead.
Speaker 4: Right round three.
Speaker 1: How much will Zeke impact Remandre Stevenson Scott.
Speaker 3: It's not none, but it's also not a bowel loosening sense of exp level. BAC's essential dread. It's some he's a better pass blocker, he's a better goal line in short yardage back at least the last two years. The numbers bear that out. He's like top five. I don't think he's the better pass catcher anymore. Maybe in the past, but not recently. He hasn't been as efficient the last couple of years. But it's in the skill set I think Stevenson's. It's not like he's taking those roles either, because Stevenson is no slouch in those areas. It's not like you know, Brian Robinson to mckissic last year type situation where one is a clear role. Stevenson can do those things. Zeke is just gonna take some of it. I will say, I don't think Zeke takes as much as Harris did last year. So maybe it is none, maybe it is none. I'm gonna go back to none because I think Zeke takes a little less than Harris did last year.
Speaker 1: All right, let's uh, Brian round three. How much does Zeke impact Ramandre Stevenson third round ADP.
Speaker 6: Well, there is an impact because before signing Zeke, Remandre was a late second round pick.
Speaker 5: Now he's mid to late third. So the impact is there.
Speaker 6: I'm buying that dip, so I'm essentially with Scott where I'm not too worried about Zeke. He will factor in at the goal line a little bit, but not so much in the past game.
Speaker 3: So yeah, the impact is on what we thought of Stevenson three weeks ago, right, three weeks ago, I'm not compared to call.
Speaker 4: In on Stevens. I think Adam was like running back six.
Speaker 6: I mean I was, I was, all, yeah, so minimal, minimal impact for me, though, I still think Remandre has top five running back potential even with Zeke in town.
Speaker 1: Now, allow me to elucidate the goal line impact here. Ramandre Stevenson has not been very good at the goal. One career numbers about thirty five percent converting carries inside the five into touchdowns. Last year, just two of twelve attempts inside the five turned into touchdowns for Stevenson. Meanwhile, Zeke obviously awesome forty six career touchdowns from inside the five.
Speaker 3: Top five in the NFL, and conversion rate in short yardage and goal line situations over the last two years.
Speaker 1: You know, Zeke has always been good there. He'll be good there now, and that what worries me about Stevenson. Is he's sitting on another six touchdown season.
Speaker 4: That would you know? That would pull that would pull the.
Speaker 1: Overall productivity down quite round four. If I take Justin Fields a round four, am I getting the same upside as Jalen Hurts and Josh Allen, But two rounds later, Brian.
Speaker 6: Rushing wise, yes, Fields might have the highest upside of the of those three, but passing wise, so overall, I don't know. Granted, Fields had no one to throw to last year. They've got Dj Moore now that helps things. But Fields was under three thousand passing yards last year. Allen and Hurts guaranteed four thousand yards if healthy, at least bare minimum, and I don't think we see that from Fields. As a passer, I expect his numbers to go up. So not the same upside. It's close, but you're gonna You're gonna have more upside with Hurts and Allen overall rushing and passing Scott.
Speaker 1: If I'm taking Fields in round four, am I getting the same upside as Jalen Hurts and Josh Allen have, But I'm doing it two rounds later.
Speaker 3: I like the phrasing this because the downside is remarkably right. It's very different downside as far the upside, just based on last year, justin Fields would have to add one thousand plus passing yards and eight to ten more passing touchdowns just to get to their level last year. And last year wasn't even Josh Allen's best year, so his upside's even more than last year. And Jalen Hurts, I think he's got more upside than he had last year because twenty two passing touchdowns with more weapons. I think he can actually do better this year. I don't think it's the same upside, but it might be closer than some people think. I guess my answer is no, it's not the same upside. It doesn't quite reach there.
Speaker 4: It's not quite the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's not that far off pa upside exactly that far off. If we get roughly the same output from Hurts and Allen that we had last year, let's go to round five. The last of the elite tight ends fall into round five. That's Kittle, Goddard, Waller all going off the board Round five, Scott and I love WALLERP Do I need to grab one here? Do I have to take one of them, one of the three. If I don't have a tight end yet and it's round five, those guys are here, do I have to take one?
Speaker 4: Scott?
Speaker 3: I love the phrasing this question because I answered something similar earlier this week on another show, and I said, virtually this exact quote. In round five, Waller is an auto smash. I absolutely take my tight end three right there in Waller because I feel like there's a slight drop off and then there's a huge drop off of other guys. I just you know, I'm gonna have to piece something together. I want. I want Waller and his his upside.
Speaker 1: There, Brian, it's round five, the last of the elite tight ends are falling in here?
Speaker 4: Do you have to grab one?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 5: I love Darren Waller too.
Speaker 6: By the way, lest you forget twenty nineteen, one of my sleepers unknown Darren Waller. I said, go out and draft Darren Waller in the last round. That's ultimate peacock there.
Speaker 3: I actually play in a league with Darren Waller.
Speaker 4: So oh, there you go.
Speaker 5: What who do you not play in a league?
Speaker 3: Those guys charge that.
Speaker 5: I finally, now now back to your question, do you need to grab one?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: It'd be nice to grab one. I don't think you need to grab one.
Speaker 6: Just because I love Gerald Everett so much and he's got top eight potential so you can get him much later. And there are some other intriguing options later on chick Okonkwo before mentioned. I think he's got a ton of upside. Juwan Johnson. I don't think he's getting enough love in New Orleans. So it depends on that the ebbs and flow of every draft. It'd be nice to get one of those guys, especially Waller. But to me, I don't think you need to grab one. And I know you're gonna disagree with me charge, but it's okay, not the fint time.
Speaker 4: Let's just say it's Week eight. I'm playing against Brian.
Speaker 1: I've got Darren Waller, He's sloughed the tight end position to Gerald Everett.
Speaker 4: It's Sunday morning.
Speaker 1: I'm rolling out of bed with a bounce in my step because I've got the second highest scoring tight end in fantasy football. Meanwhile, Brian's sphincter tightening on Sunday morning, because is this the typical game we're gonna get out of Gerald Everett that we've gotten most of his career is this is gonna be one of those two catch eighteen yard games that Gerald Everett loves to give you, and it certainly could be. They all he is is the fifth receiving option on his team. He's going to have down games. You don't want to have to roll into every Sunday wondering about whether or not your tight end Cole Kamet, Gerald Everett, Juan Johnson, whoever is sitting on a one catch game.
Speaker 6: Well, if you're basing this scenario off last year, Darren Waller is inactive in week eight, So there's that round six.
Speaker 1: Deshaun Watson is going in this round. If I take him, Should I immediately be drug tested?
Speaker 6: Brian absolutely, like all tests, not just drug test. This is one of the worst full mental capacity. This is one of the worst the worst picks you can make. Watson is going off the board at QB nine at this point, and this is after the top two tiers are gone, which ends at Trevor Lawrence has picked sixty three. Watson is going to pick eighty six. But you don't want to be the taking the first guy in this third tier where you can get Anthony Richardson around later Zak Prescott, Daniel Jones, Kirk Cousins coming off the board cheaper than Deshaun Watson, who you don't know what we're getting with Deshaun Watson anymore. You're not getting the twenty nineteen version of him with the Texans.
Speaker 5: No, just don't do it.
Speaker 1: It's round six, Scott, Deshaun Watson's going off the board this round. If I take him, should I be drug tested?
Speaker 3: You're taking the guy who averaged one hundred and eighty three yards in one touchdown per game last year? Like no, yeah, I mean wouldn't. I wouldn't drug test you. But also he's not even a single digit round pick for me. I don't understand his adp at all. I understand that he's you know, the offense is supposed to be more opened up for him this year, and he's been given the keys to the Kingdom and whatnot, but absolutely not. I don't know that he's the top five potential guy that he used to be in Houston.
Speaker 4: I do, and the answer is no.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Also, if if I'm going to be drug tested, no, you can't hold the cup.
Speaker 3: Round seven? Wasn't asking that?
Speaker 5: Are we sure?
Speaker 1: David mcntgomery's gonna take all those Jamal Williams goal line carries.
Speaker 3: Scott No, I mean, like all of them thirty eight carries on goal to go plays last year. Like if he got that would be amazing. Now, if the question was, you know, is he gonna get half of them and convert a third of them for seven touchdowns? I'm okay with that. But no, he's not gonna get thirty eight carries on goal to go plays?
Speaker 1: All right, Brian, it's round seven. Are we sure David Montgomery's gonna get all of those Jamal Williams goal line carries.
Speaker 6: He's not gonna get as many carries as Williams did like Scott. No, the question is all of them he's going, Well, how it's worried he is going to get all of them for the Lions.
Speaker 5: It's not gonna be.
Speaker 6: Jamiir Gibs and I gotta I gotta steal some stats from Jamie Calandro like Twitter. Yeah, Jamie's a good guy. Jamiir Gibbs negative point five to five rush yards over expectation in college is the worst of any top twenty five running back prospect over the last three years.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 6: By the way, he subbed two hundred pounds, so he's not built for goal line work. He has a stuff rate over twenty five percent, which is not good at all. It's gonna be Montgomery at the goal line. Not hating on Gibbs too much. He's gonna be a fine player, intriguing PPR prospect, going to be utilized all over the field. But Montgomery's gonna be the guy at the goal line.
Speaker 3: Gibbs does rate highly on the scoot index, but not on the stuff rate. Apparently, Brian's right.
Speaker 1: There's nobody else to take a goal line carry that's just built for it. Craig Reynolds, isn't Jermar Jefferson, Benny Snell, no chance.
Speaker 5: Benny Snell's on the Lions.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't even know who.
Speaker 4: Knew he was on the Lions.
Speaker 1: He is, so yeah, this is it's gonna be David Montgomery's work. And because they were successful running inside the five with that great offensive line at Detroit, I think they keep doing it here. Let's go to round eight, Brian, if I take Tua Tungo via Loa is my number one quarterback round eight? How quickly do I need to back up that pick with another quarterback.
Speaker 5: Not quick at all.
Speaker 6: You wait and you wait, and I don't even know if you back him up, because if you're drafting Tua, you're shooting for the moon, right arguably the top wide receiver duo in the NFL and Tyreek Hill and Jalen Waddle. If something were to happen to Tua, if he gets his bell wrong once, it's bad news.
Speaker 5: It's probably over.
Speaker 6: You go and grab Mike White off the waiver wire, or at the very least, you're waiting till the last round. If you're drafting Tua, you're all in. So you wait. You don't draft a backup, and you just hope he stays healthy.
Speaker 1: All right, Scott, if I take two in round eight as my number one quarterback, how quickly should I make a backup quarterback pick?
Speaker 3: Not quickly at all, based especially based on how drafts are going. But I have to give credit to my guy, Shane Hallam, who had a kind of a thought what he thought was a hot take, and I'm like, that seems like a decent take. He spent this a lot of this off site in offseason practicing how to get hit and how to avoid concussions, and he might be more aware of that than other quarterbacks, so I'm not sure we need to worry that much. But mostly it's the kind of thing where you can wait several rounds and get safe guys like GoF or cousins, or wait, really you know, much later and get a guy like Sam Howe, who I love, and have that be your backup. You don't have to turn around right away and get a backup.
Speaker 4: You said sign.
Speaker 5: All you have to do is say Sam and I'm in.
Speaker 3: We're yeah. We are at Washington Show this year between Howell and Dotson. I know we have a draft together, and it's really annoying that we like a lot of the same thing.
Speaker 1: Now, it's going to be a problem coming up in two days. Two days, that's not good. When we come back three tough questions, you'll want to play along. So if you can go three and ozer with our panel of experts, and while you're thinking about your own draft, you might want to check against my cheat sheet available for free at Guillotine leagues dot com. You can also join a public league, private league, and we have a high stakes variant of Guillotine Leagues called Super Chop one hundred and forty four teams twelve twelve team league. Win your twelve team league, you get you get to cash out right then, plus you get to go to the playoffs for the super big pots at the end of the year.
Speaker 4: Chop at Guillotine leagues dot com.
Speaker 5: We'll come back more.
Speaker 1: Fantasy Football Weekly Hour number two coming up next, It's time for three tough questions. Fantasy Football Weekly continues Paul Charchi and Brian Johnson Scott Fish. You can follow us on Twitter at Paul Charchion at b t x J and Scott fish is at Scott Fish twenty.
Speaker 3: Three twenty four Junior man Ken Griffy Jr.
Speaker 4: There's twenty four there it is. Well, I follow you. I don't have to type in.
Speaker 3: That's that's true. That's true.
Speaker 1: Ish, you know, I just you know, it's like phone numbers. Who knows some of his phone number anymore? Yeah, you know when I was a kid and I said to dial them and.
Speaker 3: Let me look here. I have yours on me. Let me look it up and say it just great.
Speaker 4: And I would love to help you sort out your lineup problems.
Speaker 3: Please hear my phone nuver, please call.
Speaker 4: All right, let's let's jump in here.
Speaker 5: Tough question Number one.
Speaker 1: The preseason is the last time to change league rules. Which league rules are so bad they are deal breakers for you?
Speaker 4: We begin with Scott.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm the kind of guy who's created and played in some of the crazy rules, craziest rules you can imagine out there. I'm usually good with whatever, but there are a few I generally don't like, and usually it's the ones that constrain team's flexibility and ability to manage their own rosters. I feel like we're only supposed to give one for this, and if I'm gonna only give one, it's positional limits. I absolutely hate them. Like you can only have two quarterbacks on your team, you can only have four running backs on your team. I hate that stuff. I get it in a thirty two teamer where each team should only have one quarterback, but in a normal ten or twelve team league, positional limits just irk the crap out of me.
Speaker 1: Brian preseeds isn't The preseason is the last chance for leagues to change home modify their rules. What league rules are so bad they are deal breakers for you?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 6: The main one is vetoing trades. Whether it's a weak vote, or commissioner does it. It never works out well, and it's usually it's total bs. If there's collusion involved, then someone will step in the commission overrule it.
Speaker 5: So that that's why, by the way.
Speaker 4: It never happens.
Speaker 1: You know, for every league that is that's got this horrifying trade veto rule, how many of them actually have a legitimate collusion situation where somebody's like.
Speaker 3: Oh, let's heck make it. Especially in friends leagues, it never happens. Oh and by the way, off balance trades ruin the integrity. That doesn't happen either, unless it's right before the playoffs or something. But that really doesn't happen either.
Speaker 6: And this isn't really a rule. But you're not You're not allowed to complain about a slow draft. You should not be texting, tweeting, emailing people that are on the clock. Just deal with it, you say, sign up for a slow draft. Quit whining, you big babies. Sorry I had to put it out there.
Speaker 4: You're wrong. The trade veto is an absolute deal breaker.
Speaker 1: You know, there's you cannot be in a league everyone should vetos because everybody is just there to try to value perfectly balance balance. A trade between mutually agreed parties is a done deal.
Speaker 3: We have our own values, and the most of the reasons people want to veto something is because it's not good for their team.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 1: Second rule that you are absolute deal breakers. Any waiver claim system that is in blind bidding, I'm not doing. I'm not rewarding the worst team. They're not going first, whatever, whatever, anything else than blind bidding. It's the only fair way and the only strategic way to award free agents is blind bidding. I'm not playing any I'm not playing any reverse waiver worse the first any of that stuff ever.
Speaker 3: Again, even rolling waivers really favors the better teams because they can sit and wait until their waiver. They don't need to pick up players, and they can wait till they have the first pick and then pounced on.
Speaker 1: That's right, exactly, exactly, it's all desire. Any other system only makes it better for the teams that are already good. Yep, there's another one I'm tempted on. I'm close super flex. I mean, if I'm in a twelve team league, ten team league, twelve team league, super flex, I'm to the point where I don't think I ever want to be in another one quarterback league.
Speaker 3: I've talked about this on shows. My son he has this home league draft this weekend as well. Ten kids. They've all played in several leagues. My son's played for three years. None of them have played in a one quarterback league. It's to the point where I'm like, is that the six point touchdown leagues that we used to like for them in thirty years that they're gonna be like, oh, I remember the days of one quarterback? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think there is gonna be possible.
Speaker 5: Tough question Number two, Who will lead the Buffalo Bills in rushing touchdowns?
Speaker 6: Brian all Right, here's a breakdown of the Bills rushing touchdown leaders last year. Josh Allen had seven, Devin Singletary five, James Cook two, Isaiah McKenzie wide receiver one. We know it won't be McKenzie or Singletary, they're no longer with the team. Buffalo signed Damien Harris to essentially replace Devin Singletary. But even if you gave James Cook the five rushing touchdowns from Singletary that ties Allen was seven, you have to imagine Harris is gonna factor in at the goal line at some point, So it's gonna be Allen, especially because the tush push is going to take over the league. It's a copycat league. We saw the Eagles do it a ton last year. Josh Allen certainly built for the toush push. So I'm gonna go with Josh Allen again, even they don't want to beat him up at the goal line.
Speaker 5: He's their best option.
Speaker 1: All right, Scott who will lead the Buffalo Bills and rushing touchdowns this year?
Speaker 3: So much like Brian I went down the same road. Josh Allen had six to nine every year of his career, eight nine to eight in his first three years, then six and seven after he signed his big contract. They seem to run it a little less with him at the goal line. Damian I would say Damien Harris. Harris, but I'm not sure how many games he's going to play. He's only played more than ten games once in his career, only had more than three touchdowns once in his career. A dark horse is the oldest running back in the NFL, Latavius Murray, who had six touchdowns last year. James Cook had two touchdowns rushing last year on very limited work, but it feels like there might be just enough split to keep Josh Allen at six seven eight touchdowns and be the slight leader in that clubhouse.
Speaker 1: Josh Allen the past two years has scored eight times on twenty carries inside the five. It's not a great conversion rate, somewhere around forty percent, right. The previous two years he had scored four more touchdowns on four fewer attempts, So his effectiveness as a rusher at the stripe is going down.
Speaker 4: But I also noted.
Speaker 1: The Eagles tousch push that worked so well for Jalen Hurts last year. Teams are going to do that, and Jalen Hurts, you know, is built, and Josh Allen had that similar big body build.
Speaker 3: Like he couldn't get on the marching zone on that Vikings game.
Speaker 4: Oh thank god he could on that game.
Speaker 3: But I.
Speaker 1: Really want to say Damien Harris, who's been great here, twenty three career rushes inside the five scored twelve times. It's a fifty two percent conversion rate. That's excellent for Harris, and I think the Bills may very well want to start dialing back some.
Speaker 3: Of those two have already started.
Speaker 4: Josh Allen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the tush push is going to give the edge to Josh Allen, but Damien Harris is going to be close. I think this could be like, you know nine, Josh Allen eight, Damien Harris, It's going to be close in there.
Speaker 3: I think Allen's the safest bet, but a couple of them wouldn't surprise me.
Speaker 5: Tough question number three.
Speaker 1: Should leagues among friends have a loser punishment?
Speaker 3: Scott Okay, So I posed this to my home league this last week in an email and have not had a response yet from that. I think a super light one is fun but cool, fun and cool. I would like to have something like that. But this honestly really depends on your league. I don't think it's a should there shouldn't they. I think it's completely league dependent. If your league is really cool with it, great, it's fun, it can be, it can be fun. The super hardcore ones I'm really not in on. But if that's your league, that's your league. So I'm not gonna say yes, you should. I'm not gonna say no, you shouldn't. I'd say it's league dependent. I really don't have a straight up yes, you absolutely should answer for this.
Speaker 1: It was not opposed as a yes no answer. Kay, So that's okay, all right, Brian. Should leagues among friends have a loser punishment?
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, if everyone everyone agrees to it, and it mitigates some problems in both redraft and like dynasty formats and redraft, you're always gonna have a couple teams that just totally fall off stop paying attention, and that messes with the competitive.
Speaker 5: Balance of the whole league.
Speaker 6: If you have a punishment for last place, that'll keep those owners engaged. And in dynasty leagues you always have a couple of teams that are just tanking purposefully to get better draft picks, so the next year at least, that won't mess with the competitive balance either. If you have a loser punishment, So as long as everyone agrees to it, everyone gets a kick out of seeing them on Twitter and whatnot.
Speaker 3: So yeah, sure, I'm excited to hear Charge's answer on this.
Speaker 1: Well, one thing that you're hitting on that's really important. We like things that keep people engaged. Yes, so that your bad teams are still fighting to take you know, have wins at the end of the year. So fundamentally I like that, But you have to fit the personality.
Speaker 4: Of your league.
Speaker 1: If you're in a family league, you can't have Aunt Susan streaking home depot.
Speaker 5: That's you know that's not going to turn out for it.
Speaker 3: Well, but can you make on Susan eat a dozen blazon wings at the draft next year?
Speaker 4: Maybe you can. Depends on our ibs.
Speaker 5: If you're in a league.
Speaker 1: Of smack talking, booze fuel degenerates by all means, whip them out, Susan, I mean, and.
Speaker 4: I think it really just depends on your league entirely.
Speaker 1: So it Scott, you got the correct answer. It depends on your league. But I'm fundamentally down with anything that helps encourage people to to stay active with a bad team at the end of the year.
Speaker 6: I had an idea for the local Minnesota audience for a last place punishment. You have to go tailgate for a Vikings game in December. But the Vikings are not playing in Minnesota, they're on the road, so you're just going tailgating an empty parking lot all by yourself. Got to fire up the grill, see if you can get anyone to join you.
Speaker 1: We've talked a lot about Washington commanders looking forward to day that they're not the commanders, by the way, that'll be fantastic. Well, we haven't talked about it all. It's all passing game, it's all our guy, Sam Howell, what about the running game. Does Bijeon Robinson have the ability to get materially better than he was last year?
Speaker 3: You mean Robinson?
Speaker 6: Sorry, don't make that mistake in the first round the other way?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no kidding, no kidding, only only one letter. Brian Robinson get better then last year?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, absolutely. Like you know how I feel about the Washington offense. I'm kind of in on their players for fantasy, but in twelve games last year, I mean not let's not start there. But Gibson is sliding in the Michissic role. Mckissic's gone. I think it's gonna be a two WAT split instead of a three WAT split. Robinson's had the Robinson will have the whole offseason this year, doesn't have to deal with a gunshot wound. You have to imagine he's gonna beat two rushing touchdowns, which is what he had last year. Material better. Yeah, he'll be better than his RB thirty three or whatever last year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you got to be excited about new offensive coordinator Eric Bienemy for that offense as a whole, and Robinson Scots had only twelve games, he only had nine catches in those twelve games. He had four catches I believe in the last preseason games, so we nearly matched or about half of his total last year. He should be more involved in the past game. And again this offense as a whole should be improved more so than last year. So out yeah, he'll be material materially better this season.
Speaker 1: Going back to our toughest decisions in every round, we want to talk of, just briefly, what if you round ten need a quarterback, Yes, you don't have any. Would you rather have Gino Smith or Anthony Richardson. You're taking the shirt thing, you're taking the upside.
Speaker 3: Anthony Richardson, he's my QB nine because guys like Hurts and Jackson in recent years kind of broke the league scoring. If they hit, I will take him over some of those safe guys that come right after him, the Gino Smith's, the Goffs, the Rogers, the Dacks. I can back Richardson up with one of those right after if I want to. Yeah, I want the game.
Speaker 1: Breaker, all right, you want the game you're playing for the upside. Yeah, I can know a lot of standard leagues. That does make sense. You got to be the best out of twelve teams. You need some things to.
Speaker 4: Break your way. Anthony Richardson could be that guy.
Speaker 5: Stay tuned.
Speaker 1: We come back to Fantasy Football Weekly. We'll talk about some of the vacated targets and running back touches on teams.
Speaker 4: And who could fill the void. Stay tuned. Fantasy Football Weekly.
Speaker 1: Fantasy Football Weekly, Paul Chargian, Scott Fish, Brian Johnson with you.
Speaker 4: If you're not listening to our Guillotine League podcast, we encourage you to do that.
Speaker 1: It's called Chop Gayoten League Podcast, the only Guillotine League podcast. We give you lots of strategy advice for this time of year, and then during the season we give you very specific bidding advice on the key free agents that may have been chopped in your league and other salient topics.
Speaker 4: That's the Chop Podcast. We encourage you to listen and subscribe.
Speaker 3: Can I come on next week?
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 4: That would be great.
Speaker 3: Want to do it that?
Speaker 1: Let's do it all right, let's do it, let's talk about it all right. You'll be the featured guest Boom on the next episode of Chop kick Brian.
Speaker 3: Right off the show for that's it, sorry, Brian.
Speaker 4: Beginning of the end for Brian's on Chop.
Speaker 5: I'll just bring Ruby over to play with Pepper. That would be. That's all we need.
Speaker 3: Little musical chairs. Were taking by job here, I'll take Bryant's job there.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about vacated targets.
Speaker 1: This is it's really rare, identifying opportunities on teams where they've lost pass catchers.
Speaker 4: Scott and some.
Speaker 1: New players could step into those vacated targets.
Speaker 3: Yep. Absolutely. I'm not going to go most to least like we've done in the past. I'm going to touch on a few that interest me a little bit more that sometimes there's ones that are just too obvious what's going to happen. But the first one I'm going to start with is at the top. Actually it's the Houston Texas. They lost over three thousand air yards, three hundred and seventy five targets, sixty four percent of their targets inside the ten. What's there now, there's Nico Collins and Tank Dell, which are getting all the hype right now. Robert Woods and John Metchi are there. It's awesome to see John Metchi come back. I don't know that I believe in Robert Woods after watching the last year and a half of him. But there's also a touch of Dalton Schultz, which which could be interesting, uh the amount of tight end targets that were also lost there. But I think it's mostly Nico Collins and Tank Dell. Tank Dell who has been noted to have quite a rapport with c. J. Stroud in preseason, and Nico Collins, mostly because Charge and I are trying to will this to happen.
Speaker 1: Really after three you many times, if you and I named Nico Collins has sort of our take a chance.
Speaker 3: Or sleepers or whatever. Absolutely, this time, this time, this time, we didn't meet it those other times. This is the time we meet it. Especially with how he turned out the end the last season.
Speaker 4: Does Robert Woods do anything for you?
Speaker 1: I had a last pick of my draft opportunity on Robert Woods.
Speaker 4: I did it too, and I needed I needed a receiver.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I actually kind of regret it now, But I mean there's opportunity. There's an opportunity. That's that's what that's the key for it. So last round, Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 5: I get it.
Speaker 3: Uh, there are probably some other guys now that I'm a little more in on than him, but yeah, I get it. The Green Bay Packers also, it's kind of obvious they lost Lazard and Cobb and others in the Aaron Rodgers gang. They lost Robert Tunyan, which leaves it wide open for Lookie rookie Luke Muskrave. The peck lost seventy four tight end targets. He's really probably the only guy there for that. There's also a decent amount of buzz for taking up those two hundred and fifty plus targets that were lost For Jayden Reed, he seems like he's locked down that slot guy roll over in Green Bay. Jordan Love obviously seems to love Romeo Dobbs, so he's probably gonna take up a decent amount. But late in year drafts Luke Musgrave is going to take up almost all that tight end target work, it seems like. But it's a really late, late laid pick if you really sloughed the position.
Speaker 1: Talked about Romeo Dubs Early Dobbs earlier in the show, and we're big.
Speaker 4: For're especially where he's getting drafted. It's all wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this really goes from last week, but the show last week. But I'm with you. I'd take Dobbs at his ADP way over Watson in his though I do you know, I think Watson gonna be good over to the Cowboys mostly want to mention this because they lost basically all their tight end targets, and you mentioned it earlier. I was gonna go I thought about making him my sleeper the week. I really really liked taking Jake Ferguson right at the end of my drafts because we've seen some Dawson. Dawson, are some Schultz his Schultz Dalton Dalton, Yeah, Dalton Schultz have those five six, seven catch games. He could be there, you know, tight end one. It looks like he's got the edge on that roll in. If he gets eighty to one hundred targets, which is what they lost, that's that's good for a guy that goes last round of your draft.
Speaker 4: Yeah, at that point, it does make sense.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of d tight ends.
Speaker 6: There's two Dalton's a Dawson Darrens.
Speaker 5: It's like a law firm out there.
Speaker 6: And and if he loves the Dallas, Dallas.
Speaker 5: Dan.
Speaker 3: Let's just keep listening things that start with D for the next hour. Tight end specifically, but okay, all right, all right, same with the Lions for their tight ends. They lost a ton of targets at the running back and tight end position. We kind of know where the running back ones are going to go. That's probably Gibbs at the tight end position. We're looking at Iowa tight end. You, alum, Sam Laporta soaking up possibly most of that missing eighty two targets. And this is this is a team that actually utilizes their tight end. Even after TJ. Hawkinson left last week. Last year, uh brock Wright scored four touchdowns. They give their tight end some work. And if Sam Laporta takes up those targets and that especially that red zone touchdown work, he's not a bad guy to look at as your tight end two or tight end one. If you really messed up who which I've done it.
Speaker 5: I took.
Speaker 1: I had the option to take any tight end of my in a dynasty in a dynasty draft, and I decided on I think he's just I think he's got more.
Speaker 3: He's got more opportunity. It's it's like the Addison in Jigba situation, where in Jigba is probably the more talented, but Addison's got a little more opportunity. It's probably the same situation.
Speaker 4: Might very well. Yeah, any other Ke targets.
Speaker 3: I can go to the Titans where they lost ninety seven wide receiver targets and seventy six tight end targets ten hills back, so that might even increase those numbers a little bit. Hopkins should take basically all of the ninety seven and I would imagine but with the injuries to Burk's and Phillips chick A konk Wu, who had I believe thirty six targets last year and they lost seventy six tight end targets, he could be sitting on eighty to one hundred targets himself right there, which is a decent spot for chig.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to think of him because the were flashes really looks really good and then he's dropping passes and he looks like a wrong spot.
Speaker 4: And I don't know about Chike yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll see. But let's move over to the Panthers real quick, lost half their targets, sixty two percent of their air yards and DJ Hark dealing with a hammy injury. All really speaks well to Adam Thielen, who you mentioned. I believe last week as a guy that he has become the main target there in camp and there's over two hundred plus targets available, so he might walk in two hundred. No, nobody had one hundred and seven last year. And if you tell me he walks into one hundred and seven of those two hundred this year could be, wouldn't shock me at all. Wouldn't shock me at all for him to be the goal line guy too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, yeah, Adam Zeelnd justin Jefferson's not on that roster to soak up one hundred and forty targets, So you know there's a feeling could easily go.
Speaker 4: Past the hundred.
Speaker 3: Absolutely yeah.
Speaker 4: He had last year.
Speaker 3: Absolutely yeah. And on Feeling's old team, the Vikings, they lost two hundred targets, one hundred and seven or Thelans. If you combine Thelon and Osborne's targets, that's one hundred and ninety seven for Addison and Osborne to share this year.
Speaker 4: kJ Osbourne is still there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, That's why I said, if you add Osborne's targets to Thelans that were lost. That's one hundred and ninety seven for Addison and Osborne to share.
Speaker 4: I get you, Okay, gotcha.
Speaker 3: It's not a bad spot where you could you could take Addison and back them up with Osborne at the very end of your draft to kind of head your bet. But you're likely thinking Addison's going to win that role and take one hundred plus targets out of that offense.
Speaker 1: All right, Brian, Let's go over to running back to good job, Scott running back? Touch up this vacated running back touches, So touches, we're talking about.
Speaker 5: A catch, catch, and a carry and combined.
Speaker 1: Yep, not targets are not factored into that. So this is touching the ball.
Speaker 4: All right. Let's see where are the vac Where are the vacated spots.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're gonna have a couple of crossover teams that have totally overhauled their offenses, and we're gonna start with the Lions who had a ton of vacated targets. They got a ton of vacated touches. Four hundred and twenty one vacated running back touches. That's eighty three percent of their touches from last year ninety I'm sorry, ninety seven percent of their touches from inside the five are vacated. Most of those went to Jamal Williams, who we talked about before. He's now at the Saints. DeAndre Swift now with the Eagles. To replace those two, Detroit signed David Montgomery and they drafted Jamir Gibbs with the thirteenth overall pick. Sunk a ton of draft capital into him. Again, we touched on this subject earlier. Right now, Gibbs going way earlier than Montgomery and drafts. Gibbs is RB ten versus RB twenty five from David Montgomery. We all believe Montgomery's going to get the goal line work, the early down work. And Montgomery's a good receiving back too. He was top ten in both yards per catch and yards per route run among running backs last year with the Bears. And again, you have to assume he gets the goal line work. So I don't get why Montgomery's going so much later than Gibbs. We talked about this in the teammates he would rather draft last week too. It's Montgomery for me all the way Gibbs will factor in, but you have to love Montgomery's supposed role in this Lion's offense going into this season. The next team we're going to talk about, Scott mentioned them too, totally overhauled their whole offense is the Carolina Panthers. Yeah, three hundred and twenty six vacated running back touches. That sixty eight percent of their touches from last year, Seventy nine percent of their touches from inside the five are vacated.
Speaker 4: And Chuba Horvard I don't even know if he counts.
Speaker 3: He's still there, but he's still there.
Speaker 6: So we have to factor in Christian McCaffrey from last year. He didn't finish the season as a Panther, he was traded to the forty nine Ers, but he counts in this convo. YEP, Dante Foreman accounted for a lot of those touches.
Speaker 5: He's gone.
Speaker 6: So Carolina has signed Miles Sanders to fill that void. He's been dealing with a hamstring injury in camp, but should be good to go for Week one. But Sanders has somewhat of a checkered past regarding injuries. He did play seventeen games with the Eagles last year, but just twelve games played in each of the two seasons prior for Philly.
Speaker 5: And as you mentioned, Cuba.
Speaker 6: Hubbard is there, and if something were to happen to Sanders, he is going to be their bell cow basically. So if I'm forced to pick one, I'm going Cuba way late because Sanders right now with RB twenty one is way too rich for my bloody.
Speaker 4: He's not rich enough for my blood.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, we'll disagree there, but either way, there's a ton of vacated touches for running back, So Sanders into Chubbard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but if he doesn't get Hubbard get hurt.
Speaker 5: If he doesn't get hurt, mile.
Speaker 4: Sanders is sitting on all of those carries he is.
Speaker 6: I mean, he's not gon get one hundred percent of the touches, but Hubbard will factor. But yeah, if Sanders stays healthy, he will pay off for that RB twenty one value right now, so I can cannot argue that. And speaking of Sanders, his former team, the Eagles two hundred and seventy nine vacated touches. That's sixty seven percent of their touches vacated from last year, but just thirty percent of their touches from inside the five because it was all Jalen Hurts and the Toush push. All those touches basically went to Miles Sanders, who we just talked about. We know he's in Carolina now. Philly made two notable additions to their backfield and signing Rashad Penny from Seattle formerly from Seattle, and trading for DeAndre Swift. But Kenneth Gainwell still in town and right now they're calling him the starter.
Speaker 4: The quote und vote doesn't mean much featured.
Speaker 6: Back, and he's the cheapest when it comes to adp People were worried that Penny could get cut. He did not play in Thursday night's preseason game. That bodes well for him, so he should make the team. But uh, this is a scenario where I'm taking the cheapest guy if you must.
Speaker 5: But it's almost a backfield to avoid Rashad Penny.
Speaker 4: I think it is a backfield to a point.
Speaker 1: Rashad Penny had a play last weekend's preseason game where he broke through the line and then just needed to like hit the Jets, and he couldn't. He was lumbering, dropped the piano, Rashot Penny.
Speaker 5: He was running in mud. He was running in mud.
Speaker 1: I'm nervous about Rashad Penny and he's my least favorite at adp out of this whole group, and I've punished him on my cheat sheet. What's the next team vacated running back touches?
Speaker 6: I certainly expect you to weigh in on this one. Chart to the Minnesota Vikings three hundred and three vacated touches, seventy four percent of the running back touches vacated from last year, sixty percent of the touches from inside the five yard line. Of course those were all Dalvin Cooks. He's a jet now, so will all these touches go to Alexander Madison. That's what people are expecting. But ty Chandler is in the mix.
Speaker 1: Is in the mix, I think more of a way than that people realize, especially nationally, they don't understand the ty Chandler looks, like he said, is the third down back right now, and he's just got some zip, some burst, some elusiveness that Alexander Madison doesn't have.
Speaker 4: And I think this thing.
Speaker 1: I think as the season wears on, we're going to see more and more Ty Chandler does, the coaches get more and more comfortable with him and his responsibilities as a young player. So I don't, uh, that's that's how I see this thing shaken out.
Speaker 6: In miss It's another take the cheapest guy scenario. Pretty much get Ty Chandler in a much greater discount than Alexander Madison.
Speaker 4: Undrafted in some leagues altogether, which I think is a mistake.
Speaker 6: Speaking of undrafted running back, I love in Tampa Bay who has who have two hundred and seventy two vacated touches, Fifty eight percent of their running back touches vacated from last year, seventy seven percent vacated from inside the five. Those are all basically Leonard four nets is Sean Tucker, who will talk about a little more people.
Speaker 5: He's flying under a.
Speaker 6: Lot of radars, getting a little little steam right now. But Rachad White entering a second season, he's the presumed starter. Not so sure that's going to be the case. Maybe in week one, that's going to last the whole season. We'll talk a little bit more about Sean Tucker, but not worried about Chase Edmonds or Ronald Jones for the bucks.
Speaker 5: Now it's either Tucker or White.
Speaker 4: But well, Ronald Jones is back on the bucks.
Speaker 5: I believe so.
Speaker 4: I don't think it so, and I somewhere else does.
Speaker 6: Even if he is, it doesn't matter, it does You're right, it does not matter what Chase Edmonds is. But Chase Edmonds dead to me, broke my heart into a million pieces last year, totally non factor.
Speaker 5: And we have time for one more team should Robbie, No, we should.
Speaker 1: Robbie's telling me we should break. So we're gonna take a break when we come back. Offensive lines the five best that you need to know. These are guys that you know the.
Speaker 5: Offensive line matters.
Speaker 1: Jamal Williams doesn't score seventeen touchdowns last year. I he's not running behind one of the great offensive lines. The five worst who's got to do it all on their own. We'll tell you the worst and best offensive lines and release this week's sleeper when we come back to the final segment Fantasy Football Weekly. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly. Paul Charchi and Scott Fish and Brian Johnson with you.
Speaker 4: Very excited.
Speaker 1: It's the first big weekend of drafts. I mean, this is when it really starts to kick off this weekend. Now from here to really the start of the season, it's all drafting time these three weeks.
Speaker 4: This is the big This is the big part right here.
Speaker 6: Yes, everyone waits for the preseason to be over. Basically everyone plays Saturday. I think there's one game on Sunday night, but after that then there's no more excuses anyone.
Speaker 3: If you don't have a home league, get one, Try try to find one, Try to try to make one. I have a home league. We're getting like this awesome mobile pub, like from uh our Twitter. I can't can I pluck. I'm not gonna like it's not an ad or anything. I paid full price I got. We got this mobile pub from Get my Puppets, a Twin Cities company here, Like we're gonna put it like it's a bar thing that you put in your driveway and we're cool.
Speaker 5: We're gonna have all that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna have a we're gonna.
Speaker 4: Have a drink beer at you're at your draft.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, it's getting my pub. You better comp that that pub for fish now.
Speaker 3: No, No, we paid full price, but it's uh yeah, it's uh, it's gonna be fun. Get Get a home league. Do some fun things with it.
Speaker 4: Draft in person drafting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all of our members are coming, even from out of state. All of them are coming in drafting in person. Yes, giant draft board. It's awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the best, it's the best.
Speaker 1: Uh save me then, yeah that was yeah, I just yeah.
Speaker 5: Save me the Dan Arnold sticker please.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yes, go to offensive lines.
Speaker 1: Okay, Scott starts with the five best offensive lines in the NFL, and it's very important because the touchdowns just come easier if if your line is great, your quarterbacks got more time in the podcast.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, So it's never gonna be perfect with offensive line play. They're a little tough to predict the times, but they do matter. Great players can sometimes overcome one, overcome them. Sometimes great O lines have split touches that you know you have to deal with. But overall, hot take it's better to have a good offensive line, super hot take right. Last year, the top six PFF ranked offensive lines going into the season had seven running backs on those six teams rank in the top twenty or higher. Like finishes a RB twenty or higher, those six O lines actually had five top twelve backs. It's so much easier, like you have pretty good chance of hitting. Even with teams sharing touches, It's hard to leave out the six ranked Cowboys who actually had two backs in the top twenty. From that top that top range, even the seventh and eighth eighth ranked teams had each had a top fifteen ranked quarterback. So like, if you're a top O line, top eight or so O line, you're gonna have you're gonna have a good players. So what I did is I grabbed a few opinions from you know, PFF, FTN, PFN, Sharp Football, you know, Fantasy Pro, like a bunch of different sites. I aggregated it to see like, okay, this is pretty universally what we think are going to be going to be a top team and the.
Speaker 4: Top you got a lot of subscriptions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, So the I looked to a lot of places. What I found is the top eight offensive line ranks were very consistent, like mixed around, but the top eight were pretty consistent throughout. Let's let's hit through them. Let's let's see where they are. Number one almost universally the Philly Yes, the Eagles absolutely. Unfortunately, their fantasy rusher doesn't play courter of it or play running back. But despite having Sanders had it having a decent year time split, they still had some good running back production. They did have a running back in the top twenty. Even with their top run their top score from the rushing perspective in the goal line being a quarterback.
Speaker 5: Especially when they play goal giants.
Speaker 3: They yeah, Boston Scott next up the Lions number two pretty consistently. And who do they have now doing their goal line work? David Montgomery. There's a little reason to love Gibbs too. But David Montgomery and Gibbs, if you got a top all line like that, that might be the Pollard and Elliott from last year, where you're seeing two of them hit the top twenty. The Browns rank third if you average aggregated out average it out. Hunt is now gone pretty much. Time for wheels up for Chubb. I think, yeah, that rhymes. I like it, wheels up for Chubb.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a lot of great players on that line, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know he's old now, but you've got Bittonio Wyatt, Teller, Jack Conklin. I mean this has been a good offensive line for a long time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I said, Chubb is on my RB one right now. We talked about Jason Jerome Ford earlier. He's dropped like a rock since his hamsteing injury, but it should be good to go Week one, A guy you definitely want to keep your eye on with it, draft chub or not.
Speaker 3: So coming in. Next on the list is the Baltimore Ravens, where you have JK. Dobbins, who's you know, coming off injury. There's contract talks, there's Harbaugh making interesting comments about those contract tops. But if he is the main guy there, he's got a top a line to potentially, you know, finish top twelve, top twenty or top twelve whatever. Next in line, this this one is going to be clear as day. The Atlanta Falcons, who had a bottom six offensive line going into last year. However, two of their players, a draft pick from two years ago into draft pick from last year, really break out. His stars on that offensive line.
Speaker 4: Caleb McGary.
Speaker 3: I think Caleb McGary and Chris Linstrom really really broke out last year to propel them into now what is considered a top offensive line. And you have Bjeon Robinson the spot. Yeah, end of story. You're not finding a sleeper there to break in, but it should give you more excitement about drafting him in the first round, knowing that he's got a pretty defensive, pretty good offensive line in front of him.
Speaker 5: Charge.
Speaker 6: What's your over under for rushing touchdowns for John new Smith this season?
Speaker 5: Point five? Yeah, we'll take you thus about right. Yeah, I bet he'll work one in.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Really, a lot of tight ends you should point five is a good line. It's a good line. Next on the list the Chiefs kind of interesting split a lot of their backfield last year. There were injuries last year. Their top bit top back last year finished as RB thirty four as Pacheco. Who should be the lead dog this year? Can you get enough workload? He's got the offensive line. Can you get the workload? Though? Next in line the Packers. Same story yearly. However, Dylan's efficiency really tailed off last year in comparison to previous years. Aaron Jones still the guy. I don't know if we're gonna see two. I think I think it might just be Aaron Jones this year. I'm a little out on Dylan this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, Dylan does get all the goal line where Aaron Jones had three carries for zero touchdowns inside the five last.
Speaker 3: Year back to Johns, they get the same mone off back to John Smith.
Speaker 6: Why yes, real quick, you better smash that point five over going back to twenty nineteen, rushing touchdown.
Speaker 5: Totals one two to one.
Speaker 4: So if you find that line, oh, the house is a bad line all.
Speaker 5: Day on that point five take the over.
Speaker 1: Good luck finding that line, by the way, the John hu Smith rushing touchdown line, it's gonna be tricky to track down, all right, Brian.
Speaker 3: No, is there another one? No, there's another one. But we're gonna stay with me for the worst.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm sorry, I thought no.
Speaker 5: Scott volunteered to do this, and I actually stole.
Speaker 3: It from him. I didn't want him to talk about the worst ones. But I do have one more. It's Dallas Cowboys. They're the last of that top eight. It's very clear Tony Pollard's everybody loves him. He's gonna be the guy. But is there enough room for Deuce Vaughan for two backs to make the top twenty for back to back years? The Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go No. I don't think I was just built for that.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't think so either, And By the way, Ronald Jones is on the Cowboys, not the Bucks, which I said earlier.
Speaker 5: He started his career with the Bucks.
Speaker 6: Talking Jones, but no one cares about Ronald Jones anyway, Sorry Ronald, nothing personal.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, we got a quick eye. Was wrong on there. So go let's go in going to the the worst offensive lines, the worst ranked ones by that same by that same aggregate I put together going back a few years, I tracked what do you need to do to be a stud running back or a good fantasy producing running back but have a terrible offensive line. It's tough, and there was a very clear trend that started to emerge as I looked through it. I'm going to name a few of the players and see if see, if you can, you can see the trend. So we have we had Naji Harris a couple of years ago with the Steelers. We had Derrick Henry Sae Kwon Barkley with the Giants. We had Josh Jacobs last year. Really, you need to be an absolute stud or get a crawd too. Yes, yes, so if you want to overcome a battle line, it like almost everyone in the last three years, is like volume, volume, volume or just a stud quarterback or stud running back. All right, So do these teams who are currently do they have that? Do they have that? That's what I want you to ask yourself when you listen to these teams. Tennessee Titans, do they have that? They are consistently ranked.
Speaker 1: One of the two theory, Yes, but we all think Tajy Sharp's can have a bigger role.
Speaker 7: But mostly yes, Spears, sorry Spears, And we were worried that he has no like a cl or MCLs.
Speaker 5: But that means he can't.
Speaker 4: Tear them right, G point Yeah, great points.
Speaker 5: So I'm over that that worry.
Speaker 3: Los Angeles Rams. Do you feel cam Akers? Is the volume or the I don't know. They's certainly not a Hall of Famer, you know the end of last year he was pretty dang good, it was. But does he get the I don't know that he gets the volume. I don't think it's there. Okay, Washington Commanders, I think it's too much of a split, and neither of them fit that category, correct. Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I don't so either. Now you could see the volume if Rashad White was gonna steal that job and be everything. But Sean Tucker has come on and split first team reps. I don't know that they have that or the offensive opportunities anymore.
Speaker 4: I don't either.
Speaker 3: Last one New York Giants. I think they might.
Speaker 4: They've got they've got to go.
Speaker 3: I think I think they have the one.
Speaker 4: He's pretty good.
Speaker 3: But if you're if you're looking at offensive lines going into the season, if you're looking at some of those bad ones they really need to overcome. It's it's got to be a stud. It's got to be volume. And I think that Derrick Henry and Saquon Barkley are the only two that fit that bell.
Speaker 6: And Barkley's got Daniel Jones whose mobility helps him tremendously, and you know, keeping the defense honest, Let's go.
Speaker 1: To our sleepers. Let's unveil our sleepers. Great great work on that, Scott, thank you very much the effort into that.
Speaker 5: Thanks.
Speaker 4: What's the worst offensive lines? Uh? We begin with Brian who is your sleeper of the week.
Speaker 6: Well, I alluded to him earlier, and even though it is O line is not going to be good, I agree with that, But when if you're taking him in the last round of your draft. I love Sean Tucker, rookie running back for Tampa Bay. Prior to the NFL Draft, most draft knicks had Tucker pegged as a top ten running back going in the draft, but he didn't. He didn't test at the Combine or his pro day because of a heart condition. But that seems to be in the rear view mirror.
Speaker 5: So if he.
Speaker 6: Didn't have that and he did test at the Combine and in his pro day, he certainly would have been drafted. He went to Syracuse in twenty twenty one. He was a beast, ran for fifteen hundred plus yards and twelve touchdowns. More than a thousand yards came after contact, which is just like mind boggling to me for Tucker. And then in twenty twenty two he took a slight step back as a rusher. This was his junior, by the way, and he declared early, so in dynasty league he's a young guy. But in twenty twenty two he became way more involved in the pass game. He tied Jamiir Gibbs for the most targets among running backs in the twenty twenty three draft class.
Speaker 5: So he has that belcow.
Speaker 6: Potential and really, right now, you just look Rachad White as his only competition for the starting role, and Tucker has been taking He's been splitting reps with the first team offense this week, so he could take that job. And the Bucks are not going to be good, no, so they're gonna want to see what they have in Tucker. He's gonna get a good amount of run probably starting in week one, and he could outright just steal that job from White, who doesn't have a secure hold on it.
Speaker 1: I have to make it official, even though I'm gonna go like four straight shows talking about Tank Bigsby.
Speaker 5: Don't care.
Speaker 1: Wait, you haven't used him as a sleep Oh. I have not officially designated him as my sleeper. Yet We're going to Tank Bigsby.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry to.
Speaker 1: Repeat myself, but we have new listeners all the time. Travis Etn not a goal line back. He converted just three touchdowns from inside the five three carries inside the five last year into touchdowns despite being the workhorse.
Speaker 5: All year long.
Speaker 1: Also, Etn averages two catches for eighteen yards last year. Tank is better built for goal line use. He's better built for receptions and touchdowns. Receptions receiving yards are better fantasy point accumulators than rushing yards are.
Speaker 5: That's what we're here for.
Speaker 1: Tank Bigsby will score more points than Travis Etn this year. Laying it down right now, Tank Bigsby Baby.
Speaker 4: All right, Scott your sleeper of the week.
Speaker 3: So what I originally wanted to do was something we've done before, where it's it's a guy that's you know, high enough at ADP that he's probably not a sleeper. He's definitely people talk about him in Johann Dotson because I absolutely love him for this year. He's not your typical sleeper because people know about him. I'm actually taking him above Terry McLaurin, and I was doing so before the foot injury. Yeah, before the toe injury. But I can't go that route. I gotta go deeper. Everybody knows about Johan Dotson. I'm gonna go all the way down to wide receiver seventy one. Tank Dell we talked about.
Speaker 1: Earlier is why this tank it's a double tank s it's a tank, double tank attack, double tank splitz creag on Fantasy Football Weekly.
Speaker 5: Oh boy, the tank bank has grown.
Speaker 3: Wide Receiver seventy one feels ridiculous for me, for a person for a wide receiver that might be the wide receiver one or wide receiver two on their NFL team. Uh, he's his seventeenth round ADP is ridiculous for a player who's been touted all up, making great players, all live, all off season, and supposedly the favorite target of CJ. Stroud. They have so many vacated targets it feels like he's gonna walk into seventy eighty ninety one hundred and ten targets with barely even trying.
Speaker 4: All right, tank and tank, Tank and tank.
Speaker 1: We talked earlier in the show about loser punishments. Let me tell you about the two my two favorite loser punishments I've.
Speaker 3: Ever heard of. Okay, number one.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a group in Washington, Yes, where the winner gets to send the loser to the location of his or her choice. Okay, on Super Bowl Sunday in the Continent US. So the loser has been sent to Devil's Tower in the middle Wyoming. Okay, on on Super Bowl Day, they've been sent to International Falls, Minnesota, the northernmost point in the continental US.
Speaker 4: And it would happen to be like negative fourteen that day. I would like that you would like that.
Speaker 1: It's that's that is a great loser punishment and you got to pay your own freight.
Speaker 3: By the way, that sucks.
Speaker 4: The other one.
Speaker 1: You have to go to open mic night as the loser and cold read jokes written by the rest.
Speaker 5: Of the league.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's crazy that because that is what my home league is doing for next year.
Speaker 5: You know, say.
Speaker 1: That could be really dicey that you have to open envelopes and read the jokes for the first time at open mic.
Speaker 3: Wonderful, wonderfl That's.
Speaker 4: That's some loser penalty right there.
Speaker 1: Guillete leagues dot com all my cheat sheets available for free and also, love of God, Joining Gullotine League is the most fun you're gonna have playing fantasy football. I promise you're gonna love a super fun new format. You're gonna have a great time with it. It's a totally unique way to play. If you've been playing the same way for thirteen years, this is your chance to shake it up, play a whole new style of fantasy football at kyatam leagues dot com. Talk to you next week, everybody for more Fantasy Football Weekly. Fantasy Football Weekly is a production of iHeartRadio For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.