Speaker 1: Course Love Supreme is a production of iHeartRadio. This classic episode was produced by the team at Pandora.
Speaker 2: What's Up, It's Sugar Steve. Here is part two of the QLs classic that people have been requesting in the comments and reviews. And it's a funny one. I know because I was there. Liesis and Mirror Part two from May eighth, twenty nineteen, Episode one thirty four. Oh and remember to revisit part one if you haven't also available.
Speaker 3: And we are back y'all with part two of our interview with Jesus and Mirror cook.
Speaker 4: It was wild last week.
Speaker 5: I hope my mom didn't dis on me, you know.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But it gets even crazier this week, and I'll be ready for work. Just listen this part two.
Speaker 4: Jesus America.
Speaker 3: I have to say, did we get do we learn anything in this episode? I feel like we've been yelling for like yeah, yeah, Seve doesn't say ship asked?
Speaker 4: One question was asked? One question Steve edible this one.
Speaker 3: Steve, this is one episode where you weren't funny or said anything.
Speaker 4: You didn't say ship.
Speaker 3: I didn't have to say ship. You were like bagel, Bagel bagel, bagel, bagel, Babye've asked something you.
Speaker 5: Didn't have to.
Speaker 3: Now I heard you guys like the Yankees.
Speaker 4: Like the Yankee sir, twenty seven rings.
Speaker 5: I die on this ship, yo, fam Like I fun with the Yankees so hard that I see a Nick game And I texted him and I was like, Yo, can you give me a ride back into Jersey? He was like, ain't no doubt, Cuz.
Speaker 6: Do you understand how many times when I get drunk, I've had ex girlfriends like stop, like they dragging me from tattoo pols.
Speaker 4: I'm like, no, I'm getting the Yankees do go on my neck like that every time I get drunk. That's what I want to do, Like I've stopped now that on my show.
Speaker 5: Tip.
Speaker 4: But listen, it's a new season. You know, anything's possible.
Speaker 5: So y'all must have been real depressed in two thousand and four.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, two thousand and four was two thousand worst. Must have been real depressed, you.
Speaker 5: Damn.
Speaker 6: I went to a bar every night, now the bar in New York, now bar in the Bronx.
Speaker 4: I went into Manhattan every night to watch the game.
Speaker 6: And the game three, I'm like to we got this were cooking, blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: Game seven.
Speaker 6: Not only do we lose, it's raining as I leave the night, I leave the bar, I trip. I cut my g star jeans. I have the wild cut on my knee. You can see exposed bone. Now I'm on the two train going home like silently snops like and I have like head to toe Yankee gear.
Speaker 4: This lady gets on the train of nice six?
Speaker 5: Did we win?
Speaker 4: Everyone on the train is trying.
Speaker 5: What do you think? I was fucking with a shorty that was from Georgia, from No that was a different one. She she was biracial and her grandmother was dumb racist, which was crazy because I just had to sit there and just like eat because she was like ninety nine years old.
Speaker 4: You feel me?
Speaker 5: So you ain't checking, you know what I'm saying, Like I'm just sitting there and she's just talking all crazy like she's like I owned you. I was like, I was like, man, my parents came here in the seventies.
Speaker 4: Now I own you. I got I got the papers right here.
Speaker 3: Yeah as well, but now, oh my god, wait, Zarah just sent me.
Speaker 5: Tweet.
Speaker 4: You are Zarah's hero.
Speaker 3: If you knew Zarah was Zarah's like white red.
Speaker 5: What's what?
Speaker 6: John John Stewart got took across in out of the paint like years ago, and then he just popped back up on Fox News because he was you know what him and Bench also, I would like to take this case out right now to say Bench, I will make you pissed blood if I've see you in the streets. But it's just like there's a lot of people on Twitter, a lot of conservative people that just tweet and you can see they've never been punched in the face, and it's like acussions for things you tweet.
Speaker 4: And I think niggas need to start beating up conservative tweeters.
Speaker 5: That's really like if you get if you get dumped in the face, you.
Speaker 4: Learn a lesson, you learn happened to you. Yeah, it ain't it ain't. You ain't above that.
Speaker 6: Because the whole time before it happens, you're like, oh my god, what if what if I get punched the face?
Speaker 4: What does it feel like? What happens? You get? Oh, that's character building. Like last time you've been in a brawl, like a.
Speaker 6: Brawl, uh, probably when I was doing security on the street. How many times you had yo? You might be a mirror like I've had. You want me to go, I can name you want me to ten jobs right now. I've done construction. I've done I've been a mechanic. I sold domain names. I installed DNS servers for the Internet. I've been a win Web administration. I've done uh.
Speaker 4: I like Black Enterprise.
Speaker 6: I was a business business report small business reporter for Black Enterprise Magazine. I scan in lithographs for the new Public Library for the Library project. I worked on the Schomberg digitalizing slavery artifacts. I was on a street team for.
Speaker 5: Chico the Bars. I went to jail for Chico the Barge.
Speaker 3: Wait what.
Speaker 5: Chi on?
Speaker 4: Joe's next to me.
Speaker 6: What happened was I was putting up posters. I'm working with I got I got your chicken hold. I'm working with a guy for something. And so the cops passed by. I'm like, I'm like yo Jake, j J J J JA in that part at that time in New York, Jake was very regional.
Speaker 4: Just for the Bronx.
Speaker 6: It was calling the cops Jake, So no one realized what it was. And then three Yankee fans come up to me like, Hey, you.
Speaker 5: Putting the posters. Yeah, yeah, I want.
Speaker 6: To spread your cheeks, turn your eyes around, and I put these cups on and I was working for Relativity Records. Throwback relative working for Relativity.
Speaker 4: Busy Bone had just dropped Bone that niggas Busney Bone played his.
Speaker 6: Confo Sorry, so Busy Bone is playing his demo album that Relativity Records. The conference room is located in the middle of the floor of Relativity Records. The conference room is completely teeth and transparent, and Busy Bone says, I refuse to play the album inside the conference room unless the walls are covered with paper, because I did not want the song to leak out and other people will steal it.
Speaker 5: Like paper, just paper, like the paper.
Speaker 4: So me and two other interns, I was like, I'm not the street. It was like, nigga, you want.
Speaker 5: You are.
Speaker 4: So we spend an.
Speaker 5: Hour just taping paper on the side and a half.
Speaker 6: And then we all sit down and listen to his triple album.
Speaker 3: Remember that it WASNFL.
Speaker 5: I was like, I'm sitting there like I'm like Prince Clear that. I was like, y'all might be better off with Raw Syndicate. I knock him up?
Speaker 4: Were you there? Oh god?
Speaker 5: It was on.
Speaker 4: Did Steve have to put up paper on the wall?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I'm thinking of the greatest, one of the greatest April fool jokes I ever played. I don't believe were you in the studio with di'angelo when I made Roselle call Electric Lady as cheek of the bar?
Speaker 4: Wow? Name dropper?
Speaker 5: Nigga?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, nigga Si sound like you said Prince.
Speaker 7: Girlicide I brought his album?
Speaker 3: So that was what album that wee can talk? What albums did you get playing?
Speaker 4: What was the name make you feel that way?
Speaker 5: What was it called?
Speaker 7: Like that?
Speaker 4: You man?
Speaker 6: I like that ship like fans of the podcast and like it wasn't that bad album?
Speaker 4: That album was dope. It was no about Sorah, you know it was it was I didn't like. It was like people I didn't like, like Srah. If you're a hip hop hater, you know what I'm talking about? You are?
Speaker 5: You are like.
Speaker 4: Hater.
Speaker 6: I'm okay player, Remember what great I was like, Nigga, You're quality all of us about don't leave the boot?
Speaker 5: He did take your money out his kids?
Speaker 6: Yo.
Speaker 3: She trying to tell me Kali has been going at motherfuckers this is no, Yeah, this is yeah. That's his mom Like no being you realize that Okay player got shouted out on College Drop.
Speaker 4: Always saying something like okay.
Speaker 5: Hat was like he was probably talking about one of the people.
Speaker 4: Definitely was talking about me.
Speaker 5: Hated.
Speaker 4: I was like, but with your girl Jill, she made her jam the hater that was about yes or where everyone was on.
Speaker 3: H don't tell me. I was gonna say, don't tell me. You were in the nerd message any o message boards. I was on the.
Speaker 4: Okay Player and Afro Punk has beef. We still got beef mother. They were trying to kill Big Red.
Speaker 8: I was.
Speaker 3: I was going to the archives today, just like before we came in. I saw the post mad about Afro Punk has declared a fat big wild back on the day nigga list Yo, that's man. Yeah, we're none of that sad on theamn job.
Speaker 4: I had a job.
Speaker 3: I just didn't do much. No, I mean, I mean if that ship came out like none of us job today, like it was yo, actual.
Speaker 4: Leaking dudes but adding rap so to him.
Speaker 5: Wait, this is the most time ever you and I have no idea what's going on?
Speaker 6: You and me?
Speaker 3: It's weird for me because I own that place.
Speaker 4: And still you understand under.
Speaker 6: Okay, amount of disrespect and animosity we had for quest Love, Let's talk.
Speaker 4: About everything equal.
Speaker 6: Put up post was like, yo, y'all don't really know me like that, like my nice question, Love, don't call me a man.
Speaker 4: I was like, yo, funk, you are mayor.
Speaker 5: Account stupid, So I'm gonna be a black one. You got the fifteen, Yeah, he's fifteen.
Speaker 7: Ye.
Speaker 3: You were there when I became fifteen. We've been there from day one.
Speaker 4: I want to ask.
Speaker 5: Someone explained what the fuck is going on right now?
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, we ask me four days ago how did I get the name fifteen? And I had to look on all right, so it was a brown had.
Speaker 4: Some beef with us.
Speaker 5: I don't know why.
Speaker 4: You might want to explain who flow Brown is?
Speaker 5: That would help. Even was like, ah, how about let me ask Jef.
Speaker 3: You and I have no idea what's happening? Audience, Okay, listen, this is what we're talking about. That's what we're talking about. We were talking about okay player, okay player, okay player dot com dead ass. Okay player is the fucking mother site. It's where It's where I got This is where I got my training where it's called the coliseum now, but it was called something like in ancient way they used to kill niggas in but you know, it was the coliseum that was that was okay, player was people that think that Twitter dragging now with nothing.
Speaker 5: I was on a message world called the fast by Now was on smash dot com and that's where like a lot of the ASAP dudes started bubbling from there, and you know what I'm saying recips. I was on there and I was just talking wild, reckless because I was like maybe two years older than the median age on that message board. So I'm talking to this one dude from Canada and he's just like, yo, fuck you. You know what I'm saying. We got goons out here too, like fuck you, fuck the Bronx, And I'm like yo, at this point in my life, I'm like yo, I'm I'm rid of scraper. Anybody come see you know what I'm saying. I'm like, yo, pull up.
Speaker 3: I was like yo.
Speaker 5: Word. I was like, tell me what it means, and I'm gonna fucking meet you right there. So boom so un bennows to me jams you know what I'm saying, has a screen name on there, and here's him and his man. I'm going back and forth for his man, so like I'm me him going back and forth. Yo, yo yo, And he's like, yo, pull up to one sixteen for whatever the fuck?
Speaker 3: I was like, I.
Speaker 5: Man, my man, most you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: The only nigga I know what the car? I was like, Bro.
Speaker 5: I was like, bro, we gotta go up to one sixteen for and I gotta fuck this liotot nigga up. Know what I'm saying, let me know what's popping. So we go up there and I was like yo, And then he's like, y are you really gonna fight this dude? Bro? He's probably like fifteen sixteen and ship you like twenty and ship like like you can't be doing this.
Speaker 4: That's not okay player, that's not hold off every day.
Speaker 3: It was like yo, yo, who want so then or they left your ass? When they went to Detroit, there was pull up, oh yo, look you don't know if I pull up all So then I said, you know what, fucking store, that is what I'm gonna do. I'm not gonna fight this little nigga. I'm what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna just pull up. I got a fire extigulisher in the back.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna pull up. I'm gonna jump out.
Speaker 5: And when niggas try to hook off and just be like all these niggas, punch one of them and then we out, you know what I'm saying. So then so then we go up there, nobody shows up fast forward like Yo two thousand in fifteen d M from yams Yo fan do you used to go by K? I was like you should kill yourself?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: That was me. Uh why He's like, Yo fam Yo one thousand hill Mary's to you, my g Yo, fucking Yo, your block is ill because I had a black Corn victory Like yeah, He's like, y'all fuck with that ship crazy, like Yo, you should come through your friend album, get your friends work album Rocky And that was when Purple Swag had just came out hitting. So I was just like, yeah, no doubt, let's get you know what I mean. So then that started that whole like friendship that we had or whatever. But I was just like if you my mind was up. I was like in my head, I was like, yo, I was I almost sucked you up.
Speaker 3: I was like.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, yo, Like okay playing ship there was there was I thought you're a bunch of dweams.
Speaker 5: Do you remember Canis?
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, down to Rare for got dealt with no down to Rare Forum because Rare Form.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: A party on the Lower east side stone Stone Suit the party and they provided free suits to people.
Speaker 4: Jane talking Yes.
Speaker 5: That man was like yo.
Speaker 4: He was like yo, I'll get you cause I didn't know that ship was. I don't kno get don't don't knock the suit party. That was party with suit like.
Speaker 5: You sup party nigger to leave you.
Speaker 3: Strong like.
Speaker 7: Way building place.
Speaker 3: I never knew your had supper, what.
Speaker 4: You was on toward. I want to a sup party at your house.
Speaker 7: Just I do that.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you a shoe party.
Speaker 6: Sound whack when you smacked the ship and this free soup, my nigga good as I'm drinking that ship with my hand like you know, like every you know, it was the party like Wednesday, Thursday, n The whole time he's like, yo, y'all talking this is I can't YadA YadA YadA like y'all talking like I can't get niggas touched.
Speaker 9: And I was like, oh, that's how we're talking. So I come through with the blicky like, Yo, what's good. I'm like, what's up? I shoot this whole stone shoes ship up. No, he's just show up. So now I'm just taking sup with a gun. I'm always like.
Speaker 5: The reil.
Speaker 3: I thought Jans was an Aliens read the South Philly Man or wait, I kind of thought Frank. I thought in the beginning, I thought it was him. All right, So we're talking, we're talking about we're talking about a chat what we're talking about, we're talking about somebody on the chat room. But I want to know if you remember behold me, hold me Yes?
Speaker 6: And he always has like the wall, pornographic avatars and ship you built a terrible place?
Speaker 4: Quest that it was?
Speaker 3: That ship was.
Speaker 4: This time?
Speaker 3: You remember the chick that had supposedly it was a hoax, that had cancer and my life, Yes, the white girl about having there was there was that scammer wait what they call her? They called it somebody they was they got a cancer.
Speaker 4: They got a.
Speaker 5: Keyboard, remember keyboard already keyboard?
Speaker 4: What you've created?
Speaker 3: A ship?
Speaker 4: Show DJ Teddy Listen.
Speaker 5: Z used to lurk in the lesson. Yeah, shout out to just go d J, Sean Haley, Haley, what's his name?
Speaker 4: Mister Montone was r Kelly every day.
Speaker 10: No, no, no, that was.
Speaker 4: Wait wait wait did you ever listen? Did you ever hear mister Max's tape mine.
Speaker 3: That I got?
Speaker 7: You got him?
Speaker 3: Yes, it's like an hour, It's like an A and B SI thirty minue. That nigga's a fucking lunar.
Speaker 6: So I don't I don't want to be this guy. Any new that ever leaked on? Okay, but I still got that to go back to go back to mister man from nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 5: I still got that.
Speaker 3: To go back to. Miss that's for a second, Yo, Jesus, get on Amazon and just like you'll find a mister Max reviews. He's reviewed fucking everything, really nuts nuts, was fucking insane.
Speaker 5: I mean that's what you do.
Speaker 7: God, what did I do?
Speaker 5: Just yea working on a wolf.
Speaker 6: But the whole thing, okay, player was you know, I don't want to name any names. Someone was busy traveling and abandon us. Put love is the guy that made the tunnels and the us and I don't say that and then walk away.
Speaker 5: Anytime put love would like tweet something, we'd be like, thank you, Daddy.
Speaker 4: When I was working at you Papa.
Speaker 3: When I was working at Okay Player, I used to get messages from somebody.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna name her name. It starts with K yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: I used to get messages from her whenever the boards were down, tell dad that the board is down.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Fam.
Speaker 6: When the boards would go down, I would know, could you please work, please fix your c G I gas been biom is down again.
Speaker 4: It's been you know, it hasn't been question.
Speaker 6: You have always fun off and made a separate site called Lucy was like the most the most people Okay Players and when we look down on people, Okay Player a true head Wow.
Speaker 5: Assholes. As a DJ, yes, I was was told by a white DJ that a tribe coal Quest was white girl college music.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: I was like, Fam, what decade I hate?
Speaker 3: Like the late nineties early aughts were white hippy fans have to get holier than val No. I never played the roots in the club like that. That's instant dance floor clearing. Everybody go and get a drink exactly. You can.
Speaker 4: Records, but.
Speaker 5: What I can't hear you.
Speaker 7: Was good.
Speaker 4: I can't hear you no more.
Speaker 3: When you put on a roots record, that's when the bartenders love you because that's when everybody goes to the bus and there you go.
Speaker 4: So you should play roots records.
Speaker 5: I had to plan the whole the whole time.
Speaker 4: Yo, Is there anything?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 3: Wait, I'm just mind blowing. Can I take I don't think we've asked one question. We did, we learned that does the thing doesn't matter. I have a question though, shot up Phil. I want to know because like I watched the show, the Vice Show and the Showtime Show, and it's very New York. So what I want to know is, has the city of New York like reached out to you guys and like, you know, try to you know, give you Keith City, Quida City, or like some kind of like make you like official ambassadors in the city and be throwing out the pitch at the Yankee Games.
Speaker 5: Not yet but soon come, you know, don't do it and now, but it's it's wild because like we're getting courted by like other New York ship like I don't want to say lesser, but like uh n y CFC right, and like ship like that. You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 5: You know, they just had some shit of a video of us on Twitter from the official NHL like ship talk about hockey. I was like about hockey, Like the only thing that I know about hockey is that every time I will go to dr like is gambling is legal over there? And you have a motherfucker that doesn't speak a lick of English, doesn't has never touched foot in the United States of America or Canada or anywhere where they play hockey. But he can tell you everything that is to know about the Minnesota Wild and every times about him because he's betting. I'm saying, like he's over there gambling.
Speaker 4: Quest you ever go to hockey games?
Speaker 3: They want me to come.
Speaker 6: I went to a Rages game and I went the same night as JB. Smooth the whole night, hold on everything everyone. Yo, that was like like some cose. He's like, I love your ship man, what you do for the community, that is great, thank you, I.
Speaker 5: Love you and season not a curb, yo.
Speaker 4: You got to turvy that motherfucker right.
Speaker 3: So, while while we're finally getting to asking questions, to ask, yes, what do you guys enjoy more? About the showtime experience versus the vice line experience.
Speaker 4: Is there there's no idea that the check Besides, we are making real TV.
Speaker 6: Also, the factors were the EP of the show, and I did not know EP means you got to do a lot of ship.
Speaker 5: So there's a lot of video, like you got to prove ship and we're going.
Speaker 4: Over the budget for the show and I'm like, what, I don't want.
Speaker 3: To do this to jokes, but you I mean, you know, if you if you away with getting John to singing the Young Chocolate John.
Speaker 4: First of all, let's keep it real. John Legend is a real nigga.
Speaker 5: We all know that.
Speaker 6: We know John Legend was thinking about trafficking coke with Rick Ross and it was some of the most beautiful music he ever made. And you know, like, yes, the christy te can think that's a good look for his career, but you know, he's a nigga. You know, he has a skin nigga. He wants to think about guns and ship.
Speaker 4: He knew he was like back in the day, Yeah, he was John Stevens.
Speaker 6: We all we all talked about a relationship to let's get lifted, you know, back in the day and.
Speaker 5: Then you made up to the shorty like and every people. John was with it.
Speaker 6: He was thinking about yeah, yeah, yeah, that's our good thing, like we we can bring out the nastiness and like celebrities and they're just like, oh, I just said that because I'm with them.
Speaker 4: But no, it's like if you hang with us for fifteen minutes, we turn you now. We had Don Cheeto talking about Coco porn as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah about Coco Born. Yeah, what.
Speaker 4: Are you familiar? Yes, No, I didn't hear you.
Speaker 11: You said, well you said cooglen you hearn.
Speaker 6: Is it's usually there's a racial aspect to it, but it's like a married man and you find another person to come fuck your wife while you're watch and he amiliates you. And usually the guy's black and he's like, look at you. You can't satisfy your wife.
Speaker 4: Little your little white pecker.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I mean that pay me to do it, you know. Yo, we're saying, we're staying the Sheridan.
Speaker 6: And at the same time as they also had the teacher the like the fucking country Wide Teacher Union also had their conference there, and to make it even worse, they had the it was like the deaf.
Speaker 4: People's National Conference. So you have these three.
Speaker 6: People take it over New York City, so you could taken over New Orleans, so you could.
Speaker 5: Have sucked whoever, you could never do the Deaf People's Conference in like the Bronx because mothers out there like yeah, so I'm working with work.
Speaker 6: Go to the hotel and I'm just like, you know what, I want to go to the pool there, like the pool's clothes. I'm like, I was sneaking whatever whatever. And there's this like white redneck couple and then they're the guy's like rolling his own cigarettes and smoking in the dark. The wife has on the wild two piece Confederate but she's like fifty eight. She had to miss the marble in a day. I was like, you know what do you guys here for all? My wife's teacher.
Speaker 5: So I'm like yeah.
Speaker 4: He's like, so you're staying here And I was like yeah, He's like you're staying here alone. I was like, yeah, you know, I got my own room. He was no, he was like, so you like the plate.
Speaker 7: I was like what.
Speaker 6: I was like, are you trying to cuck on me? I was like, I was like, for the record, I'm not fucking ugly as white we call in the Bronx eight dub.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I was.
Speaker 4: I was so impressed. And he brought his own Texas beer to New Orleans because he was like, I can't trumpt the as. Wow, the closest like that, bro.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 5: I was on vacation in d R and I did anytime you go to like I said, a developing nation and you got fam out there due to fam ship first.
Speaker 6: Called dr developing nation, I feel like slur at this point, it was pretty developed.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know what you got when you got when you got the president. Yo, the president was the They had the President of the nation cussing because he's like, yo, these hospitals are fucked up, and it's it's in the in the Capitol city and some of the so he's like he's like I went to this hospital and I went to this house the hospital, and I was like, motherfuckering, what the fuck is going on?
Speaker 4: But that's like what Trump does?
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, Like he said that ship like that, and I was just like wow, I was like, okay, shit must be fucked up right here.
Speaker 4: So it's like you do the FAM ship first.
Speaker 5: Because that's when you really roughing it and you're doing an out house ship and getting the zeke Mosquitos and then you go to results you feel me. So then that's how I did it. So I went to the resort for the last week and a half, you know what I'm saying. So I was out there and it was me and my brother. My brother had just graduated college. He would hYP you know what I'm saying. He was like, yo, what was like? And he was on some drinking shit too, Like he was just on something because he went up to Binghamton. Oh okay, so there ain't nothing to do up there but drink and go to Walmart, you feel me?
Speaker 4: Like, So he's up here exactly.
Speaker 5: So he's up there, he's like, yo, let's get it. Lit like I let's find some weed. I was like, yeah, let's get it. So we go to the bar and he's feeling himself because he went away to boarding school and shit like that, the same shit that I was supposed to do. But I was like noth fuck that. I was like, I ain't going to the old boys school in middle of woods.
Speaker 3: Fuck that.
Speaker 4: But he did.
Speaker 5: So he's like he's feeling himself. He learned a little French. So we up at the bar and it's this French fat dude in a speedo and he's just like talking like in broken English or whatever. And then my brother says to him like, yo, like do you speak French or whatever? Like in French, and Homie was like like and they he started, they start rapping whatever. Then he's like, Homie thinks, He's like we peoples, now you know what I'm saying. So the next day we come out and he's like, yo, I went through you, through my family. I'm like, all right, cool, So we like we we walk up, Yo, his daughters there, two daughters are there, and his wife is there. Okay, titties out shining like like the daughters was popping. Wife cities was gravitation. See what dubs are?
Speaker 6: Dub is just like like the scale of one dub whoa, whoa wow wow inflation what I wanted dub like a five thought I thought double as.
Speaker 4: Anything less than a seven is a dub. Right, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Oh see, Philly says dice.
Speaker 4: We always say dice is like it's like a but.
Speaker 6: Sn't say it because he was what's the name of the cheese steak of truck and the name of it is.
Speaker 4: Like Little John and be like a sixty third Street and ship, don't we always go to.
Speaker 7: So yo?
Speaker 4: So so he's like you think he said he's like a titties.
Speaker 5: So he's like so he's like yo, from the night, like now he wants to chill, like they don't like the development. Now we're investing in ship. Now we're investing in ship. So now we're like talking to these people and ship. And I'm just like, bro, like I'm trying to look everywhere, but like there's eight pairs of titties in front of me. So I'm just like, oh yeah, you know, like yo, let's go swimming.
Speaker 7: Fam.
Speaker 5: Like, we go to the ocean and we swim around with this fat motherfucker for like twenty minutes. We come back out and he's like, oh, let's every threek. We go to the bar, shorty titty still out. I'm like, yo, so he pimpanneled. He trying to I don't know what the fuck is going on. My brother's like, yo, we could triz. I was like wow.
Speaker 4: Almost like Fam.
Speaker 7: I was like, we don't need to Florida.
Speaker 4: Can you tris with your brother?
Speaker 5: Like you know what I'm saying, Like, man, I feel like that's like, I mean, if you can't tricks with your brother, man, who can you tris with now?
Speaker 4: Because my cousin tried to tris with me once.
Speaker 3: I was like, no, not even who if you don't know what tris is context clues. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Also, that's just like, yeah, talk about man cast. It's just like scanning me in with your mes card.
Speaker 3: That's ninety get a metro card. Yeah, you don't understand nineties.
Speaker 7: Yo.
Speaker 5: You had a hooky party and ship and it was was happening. Fam you were drinking ian j.
Speaker 6: Do you want to hear like Bronx hood story? Okay, Okay, So my man gets out of jail. He was in jail with Shirman Worm, who started the Bloods in the Bronx basically started the Bronx in the West, the five Star Bloods on the Coast.
Speaker 5: So he was in jail with him.
Speaker 4: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 6: He's like, he comes out of jail, He's like, Yo, I'm spreading this blood ship through the community.
Speaker 4: I see Like I'm like, I'm not interested, so.
Speaker 3: Witness to.
Speaker 5: Watch.
Speaker 4: He's like, Yo, were about to have this wild hooky party witness.
Speaker 6: We got this wild thy like we're about to like we're about to slaughter in because you know, like you just yeah.
Speaker 4: Do some work, put it in or you gotta put it out. So I go to the I like a party. So I go there and I see my quotation like that's why I said on the fight.
Speaker 5: I was like, I like a party. So then I go to the party and.
Speaker 8: I was like, oh wow, my female cousins here, Wow wow, yeah, you know, cousins did not become a blood that night. Oh y'all think it's serious.
Speaker 5: Ya.
Speaker 4: The preacher got taller.
Speaker 5: She was like, na, cool, does she know what was up? Oh?
Speaker 4: She was down? Oh that's wow.
Speaker 5: I was like, come on, y'all.
Speaker 4: The biggest whole thing was like I couldn't like, you know, the.
Speaker 5: Biggest my cousin never took was getting carjack broad Day, Newark because she went to Seaton Hall, okay.
Speaker 4: And she had the miss Spider when that she was that, yeah, what was the mister bee spiders popping? It was like two weeks in nineteen ninety Yeah, remember more.
Speaker 6: Fue mass reflects me like, yo, if you got a dodge charge, you got two months left.
Speaker 5: With his driving a magnum you're talking about. He's like if it's like, if you've got the Magnum, you got one more summer. And I don't want to see y'all fish Bowler. I don't want to see six niggas in the in the Magnum. Got no tis the.
Speaker 4: Cruis are playing l M f A.
Speaker 6: I got question because both you and you have I've watched you uh DJ at Table fifty.
Speaker 5: Oh god, Table fifty, Oh wow, that was a long ass time ago.
Speaker 4: What are you about to ask?
Speaker 6: Table fifty was a hidden club across the street, and I want to say Atrium.
Speaker 4: Atrium doesn't exist. Yeah, Atrium is gone. What it's like the old Kiff, Yeah it was.
Speaker 5: It's it was.
Speaker 3: It was like old Ki Kiff moved. It's like Broadway and Blinker right, Yeah, it's down the street from Wow.
Speaker 4: If you really told me Atrium would be gone and that Wendy's would still be there, I was like, get the funk out of here.
Speaker 5: That one was crazy because it was like the graffiti Wendy's I would always end up getting into. Well it was yeah, and all the graffiti niggas will go.
Speaker 4: There and you got a hot bag.
Speaker 5: Let me get the text next uh salad and the bathroom. I would always go in and catch attack in the bathroom and catch another.
Speaker 6: Having like, yes, I remember the table fifty and UH drop it like it's hot. The remix had just dropped, okay, and I watched my man Quest Love DJ and people were just you had to make an announcement on the on the mic.
Speaker 4: I apologize for playing it.
Speaker 6: No, you have to tell people to stop putting their phones over the uh DJ. They were flashing, They're taking flash photos of you. You couldn't even see your next mixes and stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I was like this is not cool.
Speaker 6: Also, I was also one of those dickheads beause I came to the booth and I was like, play, welcome to jam rock.
Speaker 3: He was like you are you?
Speaker 4: He was like, I know you, what are you doing? I was like, I was a mad drug. I was like playing.
Speaker 3: This is probably when Point came out, too. This is probably when Tipping Point came out. Oh yes, yeah, two thousand and four.
Speaker 5: Yes, when you hated us never.
Speaker 3: There was definitely a point point in time where we we we definitely thought that you kind of felt some way about us.
Speaker 5: I was like, why am I support this fucking band that hates me?
Speaker 4: Yes, because like Cabal.
Speaker 3: Was definitely, you know, not down with the klaning squad ship and nah to be fair and I'm gonna clear this scary we were we were.
Speaker 6: We remember they came through. There was like, yo, d'angels having a secret show, just come through. Don't make it hot. Niggas was like, yo, make.
Speaker 5: A sign and said, okay, player and hold that ship up.
Speaker 3: Were you want to be original that I got tickets for.
Speaker 6: I wasn't on long enough to be a charter member, but I joined right before the cutoff for charter.
Speaker 4: Member, so like right after ninety nine, I was on there.
Speaker 5: I was on there.
Speaker 4: I joined because a common sinkle had just dropped.
Speaker 5: Damn Niggas, which which common single?
Speaker 3: Which one it was?
Speaker 4: Probably would have been like doing it.
Speaker 3: Or something right?
Speaker 4: It wasn't doing it was off?
Speaker 5: What was the album?
Speaker 3: It was?
Speaker 4: It was girl.
Speaker 6: It would have been like water for chocolate, Yeah, chocolate. Because I was still in RNs, I was trying to find an m P three version.
Speaker 5: Were you the one that leaked the original version of No?
Speaker 4: Because the problem defense but.
Speaker 5: Doing it?
Speaker 6: So m P three releases didn't hit the way I thought they would. So you know what you you Amber Sunshowers and the Walter T.
Speaker 4: Smith which I bought. You brought up Amber Sunshower I bought that album. Was that she wanted to be in one group. I don't know she was in a group. Yeah she was. Damn I gotta look up that guy.
Speaker 5: Don't you forget that Stevie Wonder, Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's yeah, I heard story about.
Speaker 5: But the way was feeling like, wow, extra broken this talking about EM three in ninety eight, I'm like, I'm still copping see these us.
Speaker 3: Yeah I still got I still got CDs that I burned, like from Napster in ninety Yeah, so I had.
Speaker 6: And the crazy thing about r n S is we would set up what they were called Eggshell Drop x d c C bots and basically it was like you'd be on f net and you can like request the bott that's.
Speaker 4: Hurt net and like he's.
Speaker 5: Computer like he'd be saying. Sometimes I'm like, I don't even know what the fuck. I'm like, Yo, is that a solid state drive?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I gotta de frank my hard drive.
Speaker 4: I don't know what you're talking about. Basically, you you'd steal.
Speaker 6: An album from like a record label or whatever, and you put it on this bot, and so anyone that wanted to redistribute the restribute the album would get it from the boy and you'd like send the bot commands like you'll send me this, and being like, I'll send to you five minutes. I remember we got that Glenn Lewis album and I put it on that bot and I was like, yeah, yo.
Speaker 4: Wait, this is what was the most lethal stealth join you ever leaked?
Speaker 6: Uh Cameron SD s SD And I didn't even get that from the record company. I was hanging with my boy in Harlem and he had the full fucking CD ROM it's a CD R on his dresser and I was like, is this.
Speaker 4: The whole thing?
Speaker 5: He was like, yeah, yeah, this shold never coming out. I took it.
Speaker 6: Do a search right now, Jesus at Cameron SD dot info bill right, I got.
Speaker 5: I got that.
Speaker 6: I'm talking spicy in that info file, talk about RN s oh thirty one whatever, cut your face. I'll leak any album. I once eighty eight hip hop. I downloaded wind Amp and ripped Pete Rock's first album, The and I the problem was I didn't rip it in the proper I didn't rip it in forty four point one ks, and so RNs rejected it.
Speaker 3: It's crazy because I was wondering it was probably this is actually really crazy because.
Speaker 5: I was I was win something for them, and I got Reunion, Blackstar and Love Movement in the same day. And I did not burn any of that SHIP on my community.
Speaker 6: I had the wild I was in someone else's office, who's off I had no idea was I installed new software put a CD in there.
Speaker 4: And you remember how long it used to take to rip teat rip. Yes, it was the process.
Speaker 5: It was literally an episode of twenty four.
Speaker 6: Like I'm watching the car and I'm waiting for this day to come back into office and I'm like, I was like, I hope she hurries up so I can upload this on the fourteen point four modem.
Speaker 4: Man, Wow, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that you were like in those ripping groups back in the day because I was looking for an end back then, because I was working in college radio, so I was getting all the CDs early and SHIP.
Speaker 5: I was in like record pools with people and like my I wasn't even trying to DJ.
Speaker 6: I was like, I just want to lead sh I just wanted to I wanted to lead ship too, like I hate like like I'm working my new album.
Speaker 3: I was like.
Speaker 4: Shames that hit the streets.
Speaker 3: But Yo, it's amazing. It's amazing how much music that I came up on back then that I'm so listening to now.
Speaker 4: That was I leggd because it wasn't getting played anywhere else.
Speaker 5: Where would you hear this st where would you hear the like?
Speaker 6: I remember I leaked the Memphis Bleak my Mind right remix, Like who the fuck is going to download that?
Speaker 4: If the MP three is there, people would take it?
Speaker 6: And I remember you were you were Blackster before before and I remember I got really mad at because Rage Against the Machine had dropped an album and I didn't want to legally download it.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to buy it.
Speaker 5: And they were like you like Machine lived Yeah, and they were like, came, I like them niggas live down the plot like DECA.
Speaker 6: But then I myself, I was like yo, fan, I was like, there has to be somewhere to buy this online before the iTunes stores came on and they was like, no, you have to specifically one store are on like fifty sixth streets and coppy, and I was like, this is not how it's supposed to be. And I was tight because I'm like, I'm ripping all this ship that I want to I'm ripping all this hip hop ship.
Speaker 4: Who's ripping all the rock ship? Who's ripping all the heavy metal ship?
Speaker 6: Like that?
Speaker 5: That wasn't really ripping. I stop ripping.
Speaker 6: I stopped ripping. When the FED rated. It was Operation Sun Devil. Eight people went to jail. I want Operation what the something like this. It's called a wrap record from the wood.
Speaker 4: What happened brought simultaneous arrests on three different continents.
Speaker 5: And I was like when walk White hit five niggas in different everyone. Wait, so were you like were you like bad reference? Wait?
Speaker 3: Were you like Matthew and Ward Games like unplugging everything? It was worse than that Your grandma screw was weird? Was I was in college at this point because when I first started, I was in college. At this point, I'm in college and I had learned how to put all right, now I'm getting some real mister robot hackers.
Speaker 4: Shit.
Speaker 6: I had a drop down background task program that would run in the background of every system it was loaded on, so I would load it on thirty computers. I would load it into the thirty computers in the college computer lab and use their fiber optic connection to distribute it across the nation. So I'm doing this for like a week. We're doing Eminem's album. We're doing huge albums and stuff. We're getting asked by other ripping groups because we have a fast enough connection, and we have a connection with fear Light, which is the whirrest distributorship group.
Speaker 4: Dad in the Bronx and.
Speaker 5: Your parents like, stay home, I'm gonna get in trouble anyway, So let's do this.
Speaker 4: I do this music or was it movies? It was everything.
Speaker 6: One time we we found out about porn site that was supposed to launch. The next day, we downloaded the whole porn site and we hit the creators like, yo, we'll leak this whole ship if you don't pay us. So extortion, extortion, college kids, dissertations and password protecting them.
Speaker 5: Wow, what I was like, I was serving motherfuckers a maritime can't see you.
Speaker 3: You are Cody monster.
Speaker 6: We once found it was a it was a Christian web host and you automatically off the rip got a you got like a gig off the rip from signing up, and we said that everyone was like sign up right now. And because then we found out the connection time from each account on this web host was on like a couple of seconds. So if you have movies or anything to move, yeah, So we had like thirty thousand sign ups and we crashed this Christian web hosts and they went out of business.
Speaker 5: Christian webs that's.
Speaker 3: Seen online like back in the early two thousands, it was some amazing ship.
Speaker 4: It was some amazing ship.
Speaker 6: And looking back, you had be like people involved who her higher ups because we had access to stuff that like we had access to movies that weren't even finished. They didn't even have the graphics, weren't color corrected and stuff, and we'd have full access to them.
Speaker 3: I mean a lot of times you would get unfinished albums, like like Water for Chocolate.
Speaker 4: You get studio sessions, you get I had a version.
Speaker 3: I had a version of light Water for Chocolate where they're doing it sample plays out of that.
Speaker 6: Was that was a single version the original jay Z's Dope Man that has a simple that has the It was the sample.
Speaker 5: They couldn't I can't remember, but I know what. I know what she's talking about.
Speaker 6: That one before they had Serena ol on it. Early versions, the best of both worlds.
Speaker 5: Yes, I got the shipped with You know what I'm saying, They had the opera ship on the d.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm trying to find right now, and I could probably ask Questla for it is. I'm looking for the early copy of Voodoo that came out that hat and I still have. That's the only version I listened to.
Speaker 4: I need that.
Speaker 6: My sister has that because I burned it on multiple CDRs and she's she loves it.
Speaker 3: Yo.
Speaker 4: And you got the first of great Day Morning without the without the hill about the crowd. Yeah, yeah, that's the sample. That's what I Yeah of Cousse.
Speaker 6: What's the what's the rarest EmPATH you got? Actually, what's the most what's the most valuables?
Speaker 4: Some princeship for you, Prince lawsuit.
Speaker 5: Wait, I'm about to say I can't even talk about.
Speaker 6: This shout the Prince because principally everyone player was like, I love Prince, I love the Prince.
Speaker 4: Come through like yeah, too funky, the too funky attack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all the niggas from the Prince like to funky ducky too all came on you know, you know corn yeah yo. You know Prince used to be okay.
Speaker 6: Daily daily because that's back when I was like, yeah, the only thing was some Prince is Prince fans.
Speaker 3: And the nigga, the nigga spooky electric you remember, I think that was him, what it was in him?
Speaker 4: But he uh, I think he lurked.
Speaker 3: He lurked either white mansion something something something, White mansion was him. Uh okay, so because I remember white mansion, white yeah, white twice he hit me white mansion. Yeah. But the rare I mean I remember muscles versus South Phil versus love. I remember when I remember when he got his nigga listened that nigga Malvin Male, because blessed nigga jumped on. He put out a video because there wasn't not yet. He was like him in South Philly. Man were going at it. Man Male decided he's gonna drop a jam.
Speaker 4: To go with it.
Speaker 3: Old boy, Well, you know, young, you know what should have video? You know what should I love your p infinite wepped you know, you know trouble these iconic You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: His old fair memes on that ship before this.
Speaker 5: You hate.
Speaker 4: Confession Wednesday, nigga.
Speaker 3: Y know they're still doing Confession Wednesday on Facebook. We ran because we ran, like all the women off. I don't think there's no women I talking about confession?
Speaker 5: What Shorty?
Speaker 6: What Shorty was cheating on Shorty fiance and Shorty Fiance posted up like the MacBook in the tub with the bleachg.
Speaker 3: Wait, what I know exactly?
Speaker 4: Yes, this was it was Lauren.
Speaker 7: It was Lauren.
Speaker 5: It was out.
Speaker 3: It was Laura, like broa, why the nigga ship because it was then the nigga what was the nigga name?
Speaker 7: Lawyer? The law she was?
Speaker 4: He was working with the Shorty life right yeah, Yo.
Speaker 5: She did the soldiers, she did the picture, she did the text messages.
Speaker 6: She was like, look with this dirty bitch texting we lived together, and this nigga is like texting this bitch.
Speaker 4: About what put it in general.
Speaker 5: So then the next photo is just like, yo, I hope you're happy together.
Speaker 6: It's mad jeans. He wanted her with with the water full of bleach. Yeah you know, and that's that one. Like a MacBook was like you killed someone for a MacBook? He put the MacBook inside all the stuff put the MacBook. And the funny thing is fast forward two years. I'm at like expectation and fucking Silver Springs, Maryland, just chilling ramp by, like corny girlfriend, shorty that cheated on the other, shorty short joint.
Speaker 5: She walks in, she sees me, turns pale white, and walks out.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 3: Remembers, wow, Wow, you know where all the bodies the bodies buried your No, no, okay, So this sounds.
Speaker 5: Once and for all that okay player might haven't been in social media.
Speaker 4: It really no, no, it didn't because on Black Planet or any other it was like it.
Speaker 3: Was it was. It wasn't it was.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 3: It was similar, not like exactly like this, but like the prints internet before okay player, like the mid nineties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was some ship back then too.
Speaker 5: Here's how I blow your mind about okay player player.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 6: Dez Meryl Donnie Kua from Complex was on okay player. He only posted and he had like a Korean soccer logo and his avatar he works at He works at Complex. He saw me and Merrill's tweets and how well we work together. He comes up with a deck and pictures of the complex and it was like, dezez Meril should have a podcast.
Speaker 5: So you two are sort of like a playdate put together pretty much.
Speaker 4: I mean like like it was.
Speaker 3: It was some ship where it was like, yeah, yo, man, listen.
Speaker 5: Okay shouts a little brother because when Knife did an interview somewhere I don't remember where, but he was like, yo'll fuck around.
Speaker 3: I do my ship on.
Speaker 5: Loops, you know what I'm saying. And I was like what I was like, say less, I was like, downloaded the bootleg version, change your date on my computer.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Save my Bezza ship. Wait, so the beats to race.
Speaker 3: On time protect protected.
Speaker 4: So I just didn't get the old version, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So I put my date on like twenty nineteen and some ship like that, and like the ship would just rock forever. So I just started sucking with beats and ship on that tip.
Speaker 4: Remember okay player, when they used to ride on ninth Wonder for his.
Speaker 6: His Activator high, they was like, yo, your your now week nicle him.
Speaker 3: Man, listen. I remember when damn who got Because it would be worse when you would get mad in the lesson if you're an artist and you got mad.
Speaker 5: You can't can't get mad over because my favorite is my favorite.
Speaker 3: Guru just getting Oh, Guru came, I don't came on to talk about Guru wanted to claim the day dreaming sample that.
Speaker 5: It was an ethering sonning of like nothing I've ever seen before in life.
Speaker 3: But yo, can we make a list of people who got souned on Okay players?
Speaker 4: So there was there was Guru m that got from No.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't think that it sounds like it might have been.
Speaker 5: It might have been.
Speaker 4: It might have.
Speaker 3: Com trying to come back with something like you don't understand brother we from I'm from South Like basically, if you were a celebrity and you got an Okay player and posted, you made a mistake. Remember what?
Speaker 6: Remember what common was dating that picture came out with him with the extra medium sweater came on.
Speaker 5: I was like, Erica is the opposite She got the opposite car that.
Speaker 3: You feel.
Speaker 5: I mean like you with Africa you get extra woke, you know what I mean? I remember hopped out there.
Speaker 4: He was like electric, hustle flower everything. It was like, Nigga, you serious.
Speaker 3: A real song Are you Crying? There was an entire there's an entire group named after that song.
Speaker 5: You feel was this like I remember seeing Common with the you know what I'm saying, the baggy like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: The sweat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yo, one of my homegirls actually made that joint.
Speaker 5: He flipped it and then he started wearing the nick caps and your eyes still green, girl, you know what I'm saying? All that ship.
Speaker 4: We laughed at him. He's like, Yo, these Microsoft checks.
Speaker 3: Ye, don't you know?
Speaker 7: What is it?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: You see me?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 5: Did you know we didn't have zooms in Africa.
Speaker 7: In there?
Speaker 5: John dam know he was doing it when he did that basketball movie. Just right, I'm like, cool, I want yo.
Speaker 4: That is like the worst section in all of the Common cop my brothers, but yeah, that is like nothing.
Speaker 6: Okay, Remaking Brooklyn Babylon with Yes Jewels I saw, Okay, I saw Brooklyn Babylon when it first.
Speaker 3: Hit, when it first came out or whatever on DVD or whatever the video ninety eight, whatever the it was, and.
Speaker 4: The fuck Okay, but okay for listen, Brooklyn movie.
Speaker 5: I'm away Live for the two one five Got the Girl my job with this.
Speaker 3: But Brooklyn Babylon was a movie in which Black thought of the roots, stars in in the inter re relationship with the Jewish Girl. Jewish Girl in hardcore right, okay to the new be to Marvel talk okay for me to thoroughly enjoy end Game. Do you need to watch all one that I have watched ahead of time?
Speaker 6: Have you?
Speaker 3: I should have watched everything and then read every comic book, because everything is watched the first of everything.
Speaker 5: Watched the first door, watch the first, just watch the last, watched the first store.
Speaker 4: Yeah, first, don't worry about racking the rocks was good, but it's not. It's not rock. The second one whatever.
Speaker 3: World one when where his door off the edge on some kitschen and got in and watched maybe the first the First Guardians, the First Guardian.
Speaker 4: For sure, you gotta watched the First Guardians.
Speaker 5: I saw that.
Speaker 11: I was in the stupid season two and three of the Sopranos, serious season one of the show with the Greek because I feel like I watched all the wrong Marvel joints.
Speaker 3: Season hanging with mister Cooper. I saw I saw black Man. Okay, yeah, I saw Man and Man is it's not necessary, but it's fun. Episode episode three of Mehan Red.
Speaker 4: I've seen both of those two. I've saw, oh, the season finale, home Boys in Outer Space.
Speaker 5: Who's to watch?
Speaker 3: Who's the Secret Diary? Because I don't really think you need the secret Diary that's been going it whole nother thing. Watched Story and what else? Captain in America Nigga, that damn. The first one was like they got damn. Winnisoldier. The Civil War, nigga.
Speaker 4: That's what That's what I'm thinking of civil war.
Speaker 5: That's Civil Wars. But I'm trying to see it cold well, I you know what, because you're not retarded. I'm trying to think of the last superhero movie.
Speaker 4: Out, but no, you can you can in contact. Who's you'll be able to figure?
Speaker 6: I went to I went to, I have not seen any other Avenger movie before than the one before this, and right away I figure, you get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just yeah, it's like like Avengers one was like hard, that one was dope. Two was was like cool.
Speaker 6: It turns on like how smart you are when you watch movies, because like my boy went on Facebook and was like, yo, y'all family just watched Us for the second time they got They Got One Glove because of the Michael Jack and I was like, you got to see it two times to get.
Speaker 5: That, so like if you're not that person, like you'd be all right.
Speaker 4: Okay, Also the rap the.
Speaker 3: Last one whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm trying to think of the last superhero.
Speaker 3: Movie I watched, and I want to say it was Dark Knight.
Speaker 4: Rises, the last Superhero. Dark Knight Rises was probably the best one, Like I thought the third.
Speaker 3: One with Bine, I thought that was kind of weak. I wouldn't really with that one, but.
Speaker 4: Was hard.
Speaker 3: That was hardest.
Speaker 5: Oh, No, Dark Knight that was the dark and the second one that was hard.
Speaker 3: I watched the.
Speaker 5: First spider Man Trilogy recently and I.
Speaker 4: Was like, First spider Man Trilogy was was was good with Toby right, Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Still got to see the best the last the latest superhero movie I saw that was really popping.
Speaker 4: Probably Green Book. Yeah, there was a versonal song that was really hilarious. Anyone actually sees screen Book, I saw it was hilarious.
Speaker 3: Out there.
Speaker 10: Yeah, like.
Speaker 3: Making this is the whitest batch of screens ever in the years white people wings on them like niggas ain't for me.
Speaker 4: White kids on drugs with the white kids gay, and the family finds out which.
Speaker 6: All of them it's the one boy interrupted, girl interrupted, the town interrupted.
Speaker 4: It's all the same.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the one that Julian Robbins got one with being his back with write his own and.
Speaker 4: The ship too.
Speaker 5: They sent you the screener, but then they send you the fucking whole ass manuscript. I'm like, I read this ship.
Speaker 4: You sent me the stars Born manuscripts.
Speaker 3: I was like, it's a.
Speaker 4: Musical, all right, so we we.
Speaker 3: Like seventeen hours deep.
Speaker 4: We're good.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 5: You got I feel like we take over here, destroying the state.
Speaker 7: Again.
Speaker 4: You mean Moley c That was he was dirt, the dirt, the dirt I haven't seen. We're gonna be a hundred your boy.
Speaker 5: The book on Kelly, Yes, yeah, I got.
Speaker 3: He got the fact that he.
Speaker 5: Took three hours every day to put on that respect.
Speaker 4: He got ship was awesome, that he was good.
Speaker 5: Enjoy that Kelly is.
Speaker 4: Going against eminem with their little beef whatever. Because I don't I don't get hot.
Speaker 6: Only one of our podcast episodes has ever been removed, and it was the one episode that we were going a little hard on Eminem's last album.
Speaker 5: Made It Call.
Speaker 6: Our podcast got pulled I too hold on, you know what, because they found they were like, no, this is not like, uh, you guys are using too much.
Speaker 3: Of the music they found.
Speaker 6: We were like, we're doing the review though, but it was like, you couldn't use for this ship sucks there.
Speaker 3: I gotta played that Mobi Dick song on the baby Face episode. And when we played them Mobi Dick, when we played this version of shooting up movies for Babyface by no Limits, I know.
Speaker 6: We made one of the greatest songs that goes pop goes mana, goes.
Speaker 3: Mana, Jeryl LeVert niggas you think about so my god, wait a minute, we had to take that off the episode. I can't remember if we took it completely off. I think we may have like muted some people. Why because we were we were we were US's the word they use, skewering.
Speaker 4: We were we were defaming artist.
Speaker 3: And it was like, Moby Dick has not made a record in like twenty years, He's not gonna give ah mob Dick defamed that song.
Speaker 5: I feel like somebody watching watching me, y'all didn't even like.
Speaker 4: Try to make that difference.
Speaker 3: How do y'all know this motherfucker this whole.
Speaker 6: At one point, no limit was so I know you didn't you didn't have to buy the Everywhere Master when Cameron brought Master P two Harlem and they did about it bout it part three that was wild. There was a mac who was a slim soldier and all that that was so big in New York at one time, like we were no limits.
Speaker 4: I was in college.
Speaker 3: I was in college when that ship was popping. So basically like Nigga the ghetto d out and that's what that's what sold.
Speaker 5: I was like, wait is he doing? Is this a ted talk about one grammar sold every seven grams? And co?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: Why do I know the measurements? Because you read that article on the source to Mercedes with the album. I didn't buy from music.
Speaker 3: I bought it for the cover.
Speaker 5: Mercedes written that it was in the it was in the source every day everything that was.
Speaker 3: Limit, Like isn't there some some some some university did uh has a collection of all the Penning picture really?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Big bear doing things?
Speaker 6: Yes, I've never heard it's literally him focused the gods with two bears.
Speaker 3: No I know the coup just never listened to it. Yo, who is the motherfucker that like ate somebody big Lurts or something like that. Big it was on he ate someone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, That's why I was like, I'm not fucking with the ship at all. And I thought that ship was major in Philly. Like I thought I was like crazy, like because my cannibal Angel does because every YouTube clip that I ever see the famous like he needs some milk. That was like straight in like North Philly.
Speaker 3: Right yeah, right now, I'll say that we are definitely the well the fish Town way up Kensington is now that heroin slash opioids like it's It's.
Speaker 5: Like I did a job in Harrison, New Jersey for this company called Camp Trucking, which was basically like like a bunch of rich kids would have their bags delivered today whatever camp they was going to, but they had to go through like this warehouse type of situation. So it was me and like just random goons from all over the place, and I ended up macing with these two dudes from Philly or whatever because they rode graffiti and I was like, oh shit, you right too. I was like, yo, yo, let's go out at night. You know what I'm saying, I got weed, Like we can smoke, we can drink whatever, we go bombit. I'm a New York nigga, So I go out and I'm doing my outline. I feel the shit in boo boom boom, boom boom. These niggas are doing tags that are like thirty Like I'm like, Yo, you're not gonna they're not scared of yo, like yo, and climbing billboards and ship just to catch and tag. I'm like, fam, you did all that that for a tag And they're like yeah, Bro. It's like it's different in Philly. Like the whole culture, like the graffiti culture is like wow. Like to me, it's like, yo, I want to study this ship. You know what I'm saying, because like my man put me on Yeah, yeah, that's that's my gosh. I Steve, you know what I'm saying. Like he's like he's a legend in the game in Philly.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: He put me onto a bunch of dudes. And that's like all the graffiti ship that I ever did in my life was like I never paid for ship. That's like commandment number one of being a graffiti writer. It's like, Yo, never buy your paint, never buy your jackets for real, buy your ship boot you know.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And it's also like it's like I didn't know that, you know how they talk about like the five elements of hip hop, like the elements of like graffiti was like, yo, you boost everything.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Like that ship is like a lifestyle. Oh don't buy it said, they don't. Now I get it.
Speaker 4: Feel you know, it's like a bottle of bleaching and some rope. You mean, I say this season the Empire.
Speaker 5: And we used to I said the ship the interview and motherfuckers like, yo, you're talking. I'm like, yo, what's the satra of limitations for boasting?
Speaker 3: Like for it was like fifty years.
Speaker 4: But I love is there's definitely someone in NYPD that's waiting for.
Speaker 5: Us to just say some hip hop cop still exist. Derry Hunt to Derk.
Speaker 6: Johnson who started the hip hop cops. That's the homie and it started as actually a good thing.
Speaker 5: No no no no no no no no no no.
Speaker 4: Shot that doing something. She's beautiful.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: Derrek Johnson was a cop on NYPD.
Speaker 6: He created the hip hop cops to protect rappers because you he knew rappers were getting robbed and extorted by other rappers. I don't wanay anything black hands, you know what I'm so basically, and then he created all these binders and these dosters, and he would tell NYPD, this rapper has beef with this rapper, don't allow them to be in the same venue. At the same time, NYPD was like, oh, thank you, YO. Took it from him, recreated the whole thing. He left NYPD created a private uh uh protection unit.
Speaker 4: He does he does uh secrets, he does security for celebrities now.
Speaker 6: But the hip hop cops ran with that and then they flipped it and now they just use it to catch They know when people are coming to town, they know gang affiliations, they know little beefs and stuff.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I was there when I mean right after Schmurder did the Folin episode, he went right to jail immediately.
Speaker 4: They were down there waiting for him, like swoop.
Speaker 3: I feel like this episode or these two episodes right up could be three.
Speaker 4: Episodes and a half hour.
Speaker 3: Uh. This will be declared by okay player the greatest episode all the time. This is only because we acknowledged them in this episode. I'm about to say this is this is the reunions. Yeah, I'm not going to start shout operations Linda Linda Thomas and Linda Linda Carter. Did I miss anybody in my homegrown shoutouts? When I gave all the open playing shoutouts? Was there someone salty on the boards? Like?
Speaker 4: I don't think so, I don't think Okay, I just want to make sure.
Speaker 3: What was the first ground stinky moment player where you realize this it might be a call mister Garvey, mister Garvey, mister Garvey, remember mister Garvey.
Speaker 4: He was like, yo, fam, I just lost my legs. Oh wait what it was?
Speaker 5: Like what? And so the whole time we're just talking, he's like, work like some old ship.
Speaker 6: He's like, I work on a loading dock, like a truck came back too fast and I lost my limbs and I had to get them amputated.
Speaker 5: And this before you could like up, before you could upload a photo.
Speaker 3: He just said it a casual I.
Speaker 4: Mean if you And he was like like, you guys want me to be like And people didn't understand the power of Google back then.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and people he was like, we were just like you seem very calm. If you lost your legs, He's like, if you lost your legs, like, what are you excited for?
Speaker 3: Like gone?
Speaker 4: I was like that is fair, and man's got a pull.
Speaker 5: People were like there was like legs and.
Speaker 4: He was like, yeah, I lost my legs and eventually showed a photo. No, he never showed up.
Speaker 5: It was before there was no.
Speaker 4: Photo came. That's when they really just.
Speaker 3: Remember it was one three hours like when I saw it, because it started as a joke and then I saw niggas really started doing it. When niggas was like, we're gonna show our dick prince wait, y'all said no, I was like, I'm done, Yo, that was my wreckord just like me. I said, you niggas are sure, y'all are as y'all, y'all are gamefully employed people to five pulling your pulling your doctors up the show your god damn dick, I said, man, I'm done.
Speaker 4: So we got a papy on there off of that. So you remember the conference calls. Remember the conference I never went that far.
Speaker 3: I jumping on one, okay, playing.
Speaker 6: Certain somebody took the wild Gang Google ship and so when bathroom and left the whole floor, and then they couldn't have the wild threesome in the room.
Speaker 3: Yo, you talking bout. Yeah, there was a Okay threesome.
Speaker 5: It was a.
Speaker 3: Sever It was that was the one you talk about, know what you're talking about, But it was another one that went down.
Speaker 4: One went down in the backyard.
Speaker 3: You missed out on so much, ship, Dad, you don't even know like you missed out.
Speaker 7: I feel like spreads remember hello, hello?
Speaker 5: Like who did what the who?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 4: Ship got got? She got bad?
Speaker 5: She got very bad, Like got to the point you just pulled off my checks.
Speaker 4: Yo, I've seen the spress.
Speaker 3: What was this spreadsheet was basically people's user names and who they smashed and who.
Speaker 4: You know and ratings of how the smash was. It was like Sports Center, Yeah, yeah it was.
Speaker 3: It was like and then yeah, it was the whole fact that that came with last laugh, right, that came before last.
Speaker 4: Last Last laugh was.
Speaker 5: A text file with the lyrics the m P three of the music.
Speaker 3: There was a song. It was.
Speaker 5: Guy made a song about the Okay player.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's kind of and and you and released all the pictures to go with the song.
Speaker 6: I would like to tell anybody, so it was you so mad, so mad dropped right after Gmail just came out.
Speaker 4: Was forward if someone for soing forwarded it to you in your Gmail? You still have it?
Speaker 3: Was it? I checked my mean somebody sitting to me in my actual inbox. Yeah, I think somebody put up or something. Was this before after the incident of somebody getting left behind for the tree?
Speaker 4: No, this was after the says niggas and leave niggas somebody, this is super There was this.
Speaker 3: There's probably like fifteen people that are gonna understand you made over here looking no, but let me let me what you're saying is important because that was the biggest problem player, is that nobody realized what the fuck was going aboard Like there was Reddit, it was Facebook. It was Reddit, it was Facebook, it was Twitter. It was everything before like and there was no governing body like governing nothing. It was It was the wow, but it was It was also it was also fucking a breeding ground for fucking creative talent.
Speaker 4: Talent.
Speaker 5: Everybody's been on the site, like me, Yo, you got people that went on the black yea.
Speaker 3: And let me say that, and I say, it's just right quick Bro, I want to tell you this because this is our first time like meeting face faith. Bro, I'm so manyad ass, Like I mean, you know, just bro in real Bro, Like from the time I remember reading your ship like this, like ninety nine, two thousand and I just remember reading your ship and I'll be like, Yo, this motherfucker is too talented, Like he's going somewhere else.
Speaker 4: I'm like, it's he I mean, he's killing this ship.
Speaker 3: But I'm like, Yo, the one thing to Bro, the one thing I want to say, The one thing I want to say about Jesus hilarious. The one thing I want to say about Jesus is is how you see Jesus on television and on the internet is how I've always known Jesus. And I've known that you for like fifteen almost twenty years now, Like yeah, you are who you present yourself.
Speaker 4: To be in public and shout okay player because that just that just owned it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: That was a reading ground, Yeah, like that was that was that was the training ground.
Speaker 6: Cause it was like if you could it was like New York High School was like roads from broads, but this was a whole other nigga.
Speaker 4: If you you put up a post.
Speaker 3: Look, bro, it's never just like if you put up a post me and you go to whenever you come back and.
Speaker 4: You see the view all you like you.
Speaker 10: I don't like you know what it is like.
Speaker 3: I don't think. I don't think people are really going to understand the importance of what that fucking site.
Speaker 5: Amir, you have no idea what's going on right now?
Speaker 4: And I don't think Mirror, I don't. I don't think no idea.
Speaker 3: Amir doesn't.
Speaker 4: Amir doesn't know.
Speaker 3: We have no idea what it was pre social media. Yeah, Amir doesn't know. You know, Dan and Jenny in the Master and you don't.
Speaker 6: Know when Josey thirty thirty got he practiced all and he said because at the.
Speaker 5: Time there was a room thirty thirty thirty TV. Yes, he was like the first he was he was before he was the first pandemica. He was.
Speaker 3: Like Ror, no, no, I like, instead of going on on Friday nights, I used to stay in my dorm room listening to thirty thirty radio because because that motherfucker was playing slum Villainship before that ship was long before that ship.
Speaker 5: Was because like this, so this is the thing, like the message board culture like there was a there was a bunch Okay.
Speaker 3: Player is a very important one. Nigga bg o L.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. Fucking co on damn if we gonna talk about it, Woo.
Speaker 10: Was paying for porn listen.
Speaker 3: But no, no no, but let me hold on stand black girl Online girl, Nigga b jo L used to have god damn music.
Speaker 5: Programs, software, everything, everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, straight up, straight up.
Speaker 7: Many don't know. Yeah you need yo?
Speaker 5: Who got who got ar card three? Or four?
Speaker 4: For Jamaican lesbians? And they're like, I got you?
Speaker 3: Yo?
Speaker 7: Who got yo?
Speaker 4: Who got my Carrol drum pack?
Speaker 3: Yo?
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, Jo, You pay like little ten dollars, little ten dollars And it was just as to have everything that you want to see every video this girl ever made. I'm like, yes, maybe the internet is a while play yo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but before we go, we've got listeners all over the country. Tell them something about New York that they should know because as.
Speaker 5: Far as like as far as this episode, no like I see you, I see.
Speaker 3: You guys as the unofficial ambassadors for New York because I'm not from New York. I lived it for almost twenty years and I watched the show and I feel like you guys like pretty much embodied the spirit of the fucking city.
Speaker 4: So what do people that.
Speaker 3: Don't live in New York need to know about? What do they need to know about New York?
Speaker 5: If you're on a main strip in New York in the outer borrows, I'm not gonna I'm not even gonna say like maham like midtime, because I sure don't care. If you're in the outer boroughs and you're on the main strip, don't veer off into them sidelocks.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Don't go down that side block.
Speaker 10: Bro.
Speaker 5: If you're going down Fordham Road, don't go down to Catur, don't go down crashting. You know what I'm saying, Like, don't do that. You know what I'm saying, because you're asking for trouble, because there's gonna be six motherfuckers stand in front of the building and you.
Speaker 3: Are looking like a whole.
Speaker 4: You're like, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Don't do it to yourself.
Speaker 6: I think for me is that when people say New York is the greatest city in the world, it sounds like herproperly and it's not true. But the experiences you can have in New York are just so like even this show, like just the stuff we talked about is just there are certain experiences you can only have in New York because you have to have. New York's a bizarro place where kind of rules don't apply and people social norms don't really apply. And New York is the type of place you can leave your house at seven on a Friday and you don't come back home.
Speaker 4: Until until seven, or.
Speaker 5: If you get locked up, you'll.
Speaker 6: Meet people you'll never run into again, but for that night, you guys are friend you have best friends.
Speaker 3: And Yo, I've got so many phone numbers on my phone from people I've met just like at one night at a club somewhere and spoken to them again.
Speaker 4: And that's the thing.
Speaker 6: Like I've always as a being born and raised New York, like you know, like you moved here so you knew what to expect, like you popped up here.
Speaker 4: And I never was like New York.
Speaker 3: I mean I didn't really know what to expect it because I moved here maybe like five or six months after nine eleven, soh was changed was changing.
Speaker 4: It was a different New York.
Speaker 5: You know so, But New York is.
Speaker 4: New York is a great place.
Speaker 6: It's just like you have to You probably have your preconceived notions of it, but just remove those and allow yourself to experience New York. And what I'm saying is like our show is kind of an extension of New York. Like you can watch that in the Safety House, and it's like, if you can handle us in your living room, you could probably handle New York. If you're like, they talk too fast, they're too dirty, dirty, the city is just basically like twenty million of us.
Speaker 3: Do you guys get do you guys get pushed back from showtime for being like so New York Center, y'all want to y'all want to put graffiti on the wall.
Speaker 6: I'm not going to name the network, but when network was said that we people in Iowa couldn't understand us, well, I.
Speaker 3: Kind of I can understand where they're coming from.
Speaker 6: Because can you, Because I like the saying goes as Iowa goes, so it goes. The nation has ever said that no one gets a ship about Iowa. Iowa is not a very popping place like.
Speaker 3: That, But you got to understand, like Iowa's maybe, like you know, just the representative of well, not just represented, it just may not. Every stuff that happens in New York doesn't get to reach the rest of the company country until much later, right, you know, So you know, what's happened in New York may not hit Iowa until maybe you know, six months, a year from now.
Speaker 4: So why should New York be penalized for that?
Speaker 5: I'm not saying New York should be penal That's the thing.
Speaker 6: It's just like, you can make different types of culture and different type of content for different type of people. But the idea that there's a monolithic culture and everyone wants to listen to the same thing at the same time is a problem with a lot of networks and why they're not bringing new shows to the network and shout out to Showtime for having the gravitas and the balls for even taking a chance and putting mad money behind us and being like yo, just do y'all.
Speaker 3: And even too like good oh no, I was just gonna say, like, even if you know you're not to me, just when I watch'll stuff to me. It's just more so a spirit that comes across you know what I'm meaning? So it's not even about it's like, I mean, I'm a Southerner, you know what I'm saying. True, whatever, but I still all the references, all the shit. It's like it's it's a lot of class ship, it's a lot of just you know what I mean. It's just like, Okay, they call it a bodega, but we just called it, you know, we go to the candy Lady or whatever.
Speaker 5: It's the same shit. I mean, we had Michael Arsenal on the show. We were interviewing him, and that's a homie and he was talking about like I'm talking about like Nigan food and he's talking about Southern food and he's talking about, yeah, we eat pig feet and this.
Speaker 4: And that, and I'm like, oh yeah you think, yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The best example out to the homies Carlos Miller DC Fly. They have eighty five South, which is basically Decus Merril the Southern version of it.
Speaker 5: And everyone's like, yo, y'all should do a crossover. You have to do a crossover.
Speaker 6: And I'm like, yeah, that's a no brainer because we all like we're making the same podcast.
Speaker 4: We're just using different words. But it's just like the archetypes are the same.
Speaker 5: Like you said, Like you said, like if you peel back that layer of like Yo Bronx, it's like ship is relatable like clash ship like.
Speaker 4: Everywhere everywhere in the.
Speaker 5: Hood in Bosnia, and the ship is still the hood feel.
Speaker 6: And I think that's what people relate to with us. And it's just like if you can like you know that you might come in like I don't like New York niggas, Like it's.
Speaker 4: Like that scene in Belly, Like that scene in Belly where.
Speaker 5: Like that.
Speaker 4: Missouri Nebraska. It's not a Nebraska, but the same ship.
Speaker 6: You still And that's the whole thing. We never were like from New York. But we're never trying to force New York on people. Like our whole ship is like Yo, we're two guys from You're not like Yo, here's the New York report.
Speaker 5: Yo, Tim's are on sale, like Yo, leather jackets on sale now.
Speaker 6: It's like, you know, we just say the news, we say whatever we're talking about, and every now and then we'll get like an email or DM for somebody like yo, I at beginning, you guys talk too fast. I didn't get all the references, but I stuck through it. I figured out your speech patterns, and I love this show.
Speaker 7: Yo.
Speaker 4: It's the same thing.
Speaker 3: It's the same thing that David Simon got with The Wire for Baltimore, where it's just it's just one of those shows where you just gotta just jump in it doesn't it just puts you dead in the middle of it and you figure out if you stick with it, you figure out what it is. It's like, Okay, that's what it is.
Speaker 7: You get it.
Speaker 4: It reminds me of Outcast albums.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I know, y'all was like something what nigga we was on that ship and.
Speaker 6: Something playerist the cat like funky music. I was like, Yo, this ship is crazy. This are they using live instruments?
Speaker 4: This is so good?
Speaker 6: And then like a ceminine all that and like growing up in like I was a telling people in the Bronx. I was like, yo, I'll cast got some ship here, and the people were just like them niggas from Atlanta.
Speaker 4: I can't fun with them.
Speaker 6: They don't they don't know about real sh I'm like, yo, the hood in the Bronx and apparently the hood in Atlanta the same shit. They're talking about, the same ship. Mob Deepest talking about the same ship. MP is talking about the Chance Family.
Speaker 3: The hot boys came out.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, beg juvenile all of them. And I'm in high school in the Bronx and d wait Clanton High School and niggas are bumping hot boys and niggas are bumping four hundred degrees.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know what I'm saying all that ship.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, because it's like, Yo, the hood is the hood. So basically what we're saying is nasty niggas is universal. What I'm saying today's mathematics.
Speaker 10: On that note, man, I love Margaret, Oh my.
Speaker 5: About that?
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 1: Love Supreme is a production of iHeartRadio. This classic episode was produced by the team at Pandora. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.