Speaker 1: I had a friend ask me how often do you think about the Roman Empire? And it was before I thought about that question, and I was like, maybe at least twice a week, you know, in some form of fashion gladiator, ifight this, that, And I guess that's a huge thing that women say about men.
Speaker 2: Final question, Yeah, have you heard of that? Audience? We didn't record this six months ago.
Speaker 3: This is just yeah, well, I'm just telling you I think about it all the time.
Speaker 4: Welcome to Games with Names. I'm Julian Entelman and they're Jack and Kyler, and we are on a.
Speaker 1: Mission to find the greatest game of all time.
Speaker 3: And it's Christmas Eve, It's Hanaka Eve following on the same day. We wanted to wish you guys a happy Holidays from the nuthouse. And what's a better way to celebrate by hitting the old hotline. Frank, I hope the old boys now get a little that l eight nog. Maybe put a little corner that Henny in there. And on today's episode, we get into some college football playoff for addiction talk.
Speaker 4: Not a big college guy, but.
Speaker 3: Just the season piss, the season ducks wock. Our wildest holiday tradition. We all got one and he throws the light bulb in the middle of the street and I was like, oh.
Speaker 1: My god, it's so cool and a whole lot more from you guys that call in. We appreciate you once again, and remember that number is four two four two nine one two two nine zero.
Speaker 4: Let's go. Games of Names is the production of iHeartRadio Christmas Eve, The Night Before Hanukah The Nuthouse, Los Angeles, California.
Speaker 3: The calls keep rolling in.
Speaker 4: And the fans need answers.
Speaker 3: This is a hot line leading episode Part three.
Speaker 4: Happy Holidays, guys.
Speaker 3: Very miss Eve, Maryanni e Brother. When's Kwanza Kwanza the twenty sixth? Anyway? First, so we're we're all falling in the same reagions.
Speaker 1: What else is there another one? Is there anything else?
Speaker 4: The Big three B three?
Speaker 2: Our producer Leah got us ornaments on our Christmas tree that you see if you can guess who's it for?
Speaker 5: Who?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 4: A cute little penguin for Jack.
Speaker 3: March of the Penguins.
Speaker 4: Baby, I'm the squirrel, You're the squirrel, and you're the donut.
Speaker 2: I think Jack is the glazed donut.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's very funny. It's sprinkled. It's a sprinkled donut. Hey, I'm a donut connoisseur. Here baby canes donut shout out north Shore. That was my favorite donut up north.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there's a lot more, but we used to get those every travel day Saturday. That the canes people, I don't know, our equipment staff. They would go in and have a big box of canes on our t which, like in scientific theory for sports science, is terrible for you to have a day before battle, all that sugar.
Speaker 3: What was your go to?
Speaker 4: They had a Blueberry Maine.
Speaker 1: And this is very suiting for the holidays, because even the holidays we'd have canes too, like a big box of donuts, but there'd always be like a knife in there, and guys would always take like corners. So I'd go with the Blueberry Maine. I'd hit one of their they're raised glazed, but that Blueberry Maine was really good. It's like a glazed old fashion. It's an East Coast donut. I'm used to the old you know, California style, like Chinese family donuts where you go like Happy Donuts or all these other like you get like the raised glazed, the raised the cakes, and then the old fashions and then you get the bars and stuff like I know that stuff. It was my first experience on the East Coast when I went to Canes and I was I was like, these places. These people don't fuck around. These people don't. They got like rice, they got crazy one. They got like the fancy donuts with like kit kats and shit, and you're like that stuff's way too much, but you take a bite of it, You're like, well that's pretty damn good. They got an oreole, like you know what I mean, where you think like it's too much. God miss me with that as fuck. But because of the sliver rule that we had in the Patriots locker room, where you could take a little sliver, everybody knows a law.
Speaker 4: One nibble, everyone knows a law.
Speaker 3: You know, you can get a little schmorgshborg of twenty different type of donuts and it's really cool, like maybe two, but I love donuts.
Speaker 4: That's like a tradition right there.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 7: What's your thought on the crow nut?
Speaker 4: They're good in theory.
Speaker 7: You have to have them right out of the oven.
Speaker 1: You gotta have them right out of the oven. They don't travel that well because it's hard to cut them too. And when you take a bite, there's you get just everywhere. You get fourteen layers of crumbs everywhere. Makes the Nature Valley bar look like light work.
Speaker 4: I mean, oh my god, those are the worst. They're the best. They taste amazing, amazing.
Speaker 1: I don't And that's what's like given out in like preschools and stuff. So the people that have to clean those rooms, imagine the amount of ants and just crazy bacteria from build up in that fucking what is it called nature Nature Valley bars them, But they're good.
Speaker 2: And a half to do honey oats or do peanut butter.
Speaker 1: Mm my, primarily honey ooats. Okay, the green green honey oats. And then they also have a chocolate one that's good. Whoa, I don't even seen it up in the go go look at the nuthouse.
Speaker 3: Uh, look at the candy factory.
Speaker 4: Will we wonk out here, doggy Willy Wonka. You get a treat, You get a treat.
Speaker 3: Yo. You're I gotta say, your organization in the snack drawers a one unbelievable.
Speaker 4: You know, I think there's room for improvement.
Speaker 2: It's like what variety or what it should.
Speaker 1: Look like a goddamn convenience store. Meaning you see how we have the dots individual old packages in the back, and then you have the rits peanut butters, and then the rich regulars. It needs to be distributed, distributed evenly with different brands. And right now, let me just tell you a big house doesn't have it like that.
Speaker 4: I feel like it looks.
Speaker 1: I mean it's good for you know, people with regular standards got high standards here. You think Willy Wonk, I let the ooper loopas just go out there and fucking piss in the chocolate fucking river. You think that no will. He had those guys on a tight fucking ship, little wist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's slave labor. Really, you can get them.
Speaker 1: He gave them if you're not seeing them with Johnny dept. He gave them a new life and a purpose. With wax Fax.
Speaker 3: You need big house in the corner standing, hurry up and by bro full convenience vibes.
Speaker 1: I want it to look like the Japanese seven eleven's you're gonna get when you open that.
Speaker 3: I want him to follow me around if I'm taking too long in there, make sure I'm not stealing.
Speaker 1: I want them, I want them to I want I want Ryan to look at the goddamn slurpy machine and not allow people to put their bouths on it.
Speaker 3: No, for real, little take up any leave a penny jar right next to the sink in the kitchen.
Speaker 4: We need something turn the use kitchen all right?
Speaker 7: Ready?
Speaker 2: Were ready to get some voicemails?
Speaker 3: Here? What are you guys up to?
Speaker 8: Brad Danvers here.
Speaker 9: Got a question for Julian. I started seeing a Jewish girl this year. I'm not Jewish myself, and this is our first holidays together. I was going if you had any tips, uh, you know, anyways I could look good to the family maybe and you know definitely any a don't if you have them anyways, thank you?
Speaker 4: Cover the cross. Where are yamaat that thing?
Speaker 10: Bro?
Speaker 1: Where are yamaka? And bring a gift every night. You'll be all right, buddy, You'll be all right. Word from the wise.
Speaker 4: For one of your gifts.
Speaker 1: Don't bring bacon bits, er any any pork, no pepperoni, pizza.
Speaker 4: Keep it kosher unless you help beef.
Speaker 1: That's a good starter, Danvers bo shout out, shout out, dan that's right.
Speaker 4: I held my camp.
Speaker 1: I believe I help my my I used to I used to have a pro camp out there so many fun times in dan Danvers.
Speaker 4: Right was in Danvers? Awesome?
Speaker 3: What school was it? Danvers High School? Beautiful school out used to golf up there, Danver. Shout out Bradon, good luck.
Speaker 4: Shout out good luck, buddy.
Speaker 6: Dames with names.
Speaker 8: This is Evan Stroop from North Carolina, just turned twenty one. Go cowboys first off, even though we're absolutely cooked this season, I wanted to ask you guys, this is for Jack and Kyler too, if you got the time for all three dudes, what's your top three movies of all time? H this is old category, not just comedy, non drama. I want to hear him, all right, Love you boys. Podcast is great within literally every night when I go to sleep, your sweet sweet voices help me go to bed every night. All right, Thank you boys, have a good one.
Speaker 4: I'm glad that we put Evan to sleep night.
Speaker 3: Evan, Glad gotta come tuck the homie in. Yeah, that's one of our favorite that's my favorite calls.
Speaker 4: Should we go holiday movie because it's Holiday edition?
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 4: I like that, I like that hat by Kyler too. And by the way, we.
Speaker 3: Really buried the leader. Kyler is wearing a Grinch hat with a furry back on it. This is unbelievable. It looks like something you'd find it in the hot topic. Honestly, it looks normal on you.
Speaker 2: My wife asked me to be more in the holiday spirit this year, so I'm doing the best I can.
Speaker 3: It might be a daily driver for you. Brother.
Speaker 1: You know what I think we're gonna I'm gonna have to have my my friend Ghosts of the Past come come check you out and let you see these little scenarios of your life.
Speaker 4: We're a little.
Speaker 1: Timmy, a little tiny tim fucking trying to walk down the street. You gotta make his dad work a little Gridshaw. I used to love those movies. I went to it and saw that in a play once. What Christmas Carol Christmas Story or is it Greig Carroll?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Wait, so what are we doing with this movie?
Speaker 7: Top three movies?
Speaker 3: Evan down in North Carolina wants to know. So, I mean you could go should we go holiday edition movies because it's the fucking holidays.
Speaker 2: If you want to, but generally holiday movies? What what I mean they're fun, but they're not like good movies. What's an all time movie that's a holiday movie?
Speaker 4: Quick?
Speaker 3: Eight?
Speaker 11: Great?
Speaker 4: Hard you be? Hey, motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Just Friends with Ryan Reynolds is a good one. Just Friends. I like Just Friends.
Speaker 4: Home Alone alone.
Speaker 3: Too is good Christmas.
Speaker 7: Not like top five movies.
Speaker 2: We're not even putting top five movie of all time, saying Jingle all the way, Elf else is great?
Speaker 3: John Favreaum, Bad Santa, Oh, Billy Bob, shout out Nationalampoons, Christmas Vacation, Christmas vacation, the what are there?
Speaker 4: What's their names?
Speaker 3: Gris Clark love. Actually, there are a lot of great Christmas movies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, great Christmas movie.
Speaker 4: Sure, but this is a crazy night.
Speaker 7: Three movies of all time?
Speaker 2: Okay, if you want to do it with three movies of all time, you can say holiday movies.
Speaker 1: All right, Well three movies, all right, it's three favorite movies of all time. All right, let's played mister Grinch's game.
Speaker 2: Put Bad Santa on your top three list.
Speaker 4: It's not. It's not Tyler, Okay, it's not.
Speaker 12: Is it?
Speaker 7: Rocky one through three? Rocky one and two and four?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not gonna say those that wrong. You guys go for three movies. Fucks is very tough, so hard.
Speaker 3: It's like we're getting interviewed here on the red carpet by letterbox. I mean, she is weak. This is tough, dude. Have you seen those? They always pop up on TikTok.
Speaker 4: No Who's letterbox?
Speaker 3: It's like the app for reviewing movies and rating movies you can do with your friends. That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Well, since his holiday season, I'm gonna go with one that I saw in theaters that I remember. I don't know, I just love it. Remember the Titans, Oh yes, came out on Thanksgiving. I think I remember going to see it Thanksgiving maybe with my dad, and my dad was crying when the fucking defense came together as young men bearing color, all for one common goal.
Speaker 4: That's football, baby.
Speaker 3: Two thousand Man twenty four years ago.
Speaker 2: That was two thousand Crazy Dogs, Dogs Sunshine.
Speaker 4: That'll be my sport movie. Okay, goodwille Hunting, Oh yes, that movie, because I love movie. I love Damon.
Speaker 1: Still mad at Ben a Fleck, but I still love him. There's like good movie. And then Robin Williams. I mean, I you forget how good Robin Williams was and I love and that was like one of his other like different not comic.
Speaker 2: Roles for that Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe, I don't know. You can watch that movie all the time and it's still great. It still holds up. I like, I love Interstellar, either that or or Batman. I liked Batman begins because I was a huge Batman kid growing up and to see the origins of it. But I wasn't a comic kid, so I didn't read the comics of Batman. I relied on the movies of Batman, and that was back in you know, Batman and Batman Forever Batman, you know, with Keaton, and then it went to Clooney and I loved to see the origins of Batman in that lens of what Nolan did and like a serious role, not just a comic y role. I was like, shook. I loved it.
Speaker 7: Now it begins over Dark Knight.
Speaker 4: I liked Begins. I liked to beginning.
Speaker 1: I loved The Dark Knight to everyone loves it with heat Leedger and Ledger and but Scarecrow.
Speaker 4: But that was like the first, like I don't know, that was just a cool like that's where Batman comes from.
Speaker 3: I didn't know he did all this shit.
Speaker 4: Oh he studied with bad guys, that's why he knows that.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, he almost fell off that mountain and he got it that little drug and shit, oh fuck, he stole his own ship to see what it is as a criminal.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's why he's so cool. Alfred, he's such a ge.
Speaker 7: He knew he went too.
Speaker 1: Then, Morgan Freeman, you got cool dude that has a private section of what he owns when his parents, like he didn't know he owned. Like, I had so many questions as a kid that I felt like that movie answered.
Speaker 7: I think it's a good movie.
Speaker 4: But I also loved Interstellar.
Speaker 7: Some great moments I love.
Speaker 1: I loved that when he was seeing his kids back maconn Hey and he's like enjoying the ups and then he's you know, because of the year. I just saw an Instagram meme on it on that one Water country. It would have been fifteen seconds, like the day at that instant, and it was like what eight years or something even longer?
Speaker 2: Yeah, can I can I spot a trend? Casey Affleck in two of those movies.
Speaker 1: Dude, I'm telling you, I like, Well, those Boston guys are They're real dudes, and I like Casey he he was the son Interstellar.
Speaker 4: And he's a brother.
Speaker 7: What the holiday year that muth there?
Speaker 12: It is?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Maybe not?
Speaker 2: He les sur Vibe or nice peppermint, hot chocolate.
Speaker 3: Jack, let's go Billy Madison. Okay, pulp fiction and heat. Let's go with those three cool?
Speaker 7: So those are your three favorite Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, let's see because he says three movies all time, which is different from my three favorites. I'm gonna do three favorites. Uh, Moneyball, The Life, Aquatic, I can't I dig Apocalypse Now, those are three of my favorite think good pluthor. Oh that's what Big Short's great.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 4: We'll be right back after this quick break.
Speaker 13: All right, next one, Hey, Julianne Darryl from New Hampshire. Here, I got a quick question for you. All right, walking dead scenario. You get to pick four of your teammates from the Patriots to go with you. Walking dead scenario headshots, only four Patriots to go with you with five? Ya, you gotta survive the zombie apocalypse. I would imagine you have Matt Light with you, but I'm just guessing here, who do you take it on your team? End of the World walking dead.
Speaker 4: Matt Light is for sure on there.
Speaker 1: Not just because he's alignment and it's in his hard to protect men, but he's a great outdoorsman and he seeing him at that matt Light shootout. He can he can shoot the ship out of.
Speaker 2: Ship marksman, he can protect, he can feed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm also going with Logan Mankins. Okay, I believe he just owns land somewhere in Massachusetts and just farms for fun. Now, why wouldn't you want that guy in an apocalypse if we needed to like make something he honestly could kill.
Speaker 4: He didn't. He wouldn't even use a gun. He uses bare hands. Two.
Speaker 7: Uh so there's zombies.
Speaker 14: Ok.
Speaker 2: They're in Foxborough, Foxborough, and you need four teammates to survive. Those two are in there, Matt Light, Logan Mankins.
Speaker 4: You gotta type yeah, large protective men.
Speaker 3: You gotta think that someone that's cool to hang out with too, like spending a lot.
Speaker 1: Of well, I would need Matthew Slater there late for you know, prayer, ship speed too, speed prayer. If we need to get a message to someone.
Speaker 3: Good for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know how it's bad.
Speaker 4: He's like blue guy leader yep.
Speaker 1: So two protectors a teamer. I might go with Jamie Collins, Oh, silent assassin. I remember when he.
Speaker 3: He's like, he's probably one of the most athletic dudes I've seen, Like he's like six four six five two fifty jumps like forty one.
Speaker 4: Now is this in prime or is this okay? This prime?
Speaker 7: Guys, everyone's in the prime?
Speaker 4: Kay? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you know, and he's like he sees everything.
Speaker 4: So Jamie, he'd sit in his locker and good peripherals.
Speaker 1: He's got good peripherals, earphones would be in wouldn't say a word to you during our apocalypse apocalypse killing, but we know shit would be getting done with him. May take a couple gambles, may take a couple of gambles that'll help us, may hurt us a couple of times, but he's gonna make a couple of fucking kills where you're like, oh, ship, yeah, he's a bad man.
Speaker 7: What's your wrong in this?
Speaker 1: In this, I'd probably be like a rabbit, the rabbit of the group, you know what I mean, Gotta go out check it out first he's going on then fucking calling, calling, fucking light and mankins have them like different sideways come and then Jamie would probably be up in the trees and Slate would have the book in the back praying, so we're I think we'd be good.
Speaker 3: And then I think this group would be great against the humans, which inevitably come and everyone knows they're the scariest part of the Walking Dead is the other factions that you end up encountering. Oh yeah, yeah, I mean is John Barnhalon though, Yeah, really got a people's person with Slate.
Speaker 1: Matt could sell the ketchup stick to a woman in white. And then Logan and Jamie they don't really talk, see Slate. Slate welcomes you in the other groups. We're good guys, we're gonna and then you get them in there. Yeah yeah, yeah. You just have Logan just shake one of their hands and let them show how big his hand is and just he'd probably dunk on them too, because people don't realize Logan man because it was the first team on state in California.
Speaker 4: I think for Hooper either way.
Speaker 3: If a touch football game breaks out between you guys and some zombies, oh we've protected, we've got speed, we got power, you're playing quarterback, Well, there would be no quarter, there would be no throwing of the ball wing tea.
Speaker 1: It would be wing tea counter trap. And I mean I could throw it to Jamie. Jamie's telling O where you can go and get it. Slate's got a Leagan's speed, take them out. I have double streak on one side was Slaton and Jamie. Quite frankly, I wouldn't care about catching the football, more about killing people. So I'm going with defensive linemen and teams logan.
Speaker 12: I was just wondering, what was the funniest moment you've ever had with the please thank you?
Speaker 1: The funniest moment I ever had with a key to leave. He was a fun teammate. He was a really fun teammate. And we got him in the middle of season in twelve I think, And so they we were trying to like I had, me and him had to go against each other post practice on one on ones.
Speaker 4: Uh. He was trying to get better and learn our system.
Speaker 1: Of how we ran like man, and I was I was always I always had to run routes after practice early in my career to try to refine my craft. And I just remember always battling him. And then we go in and a.
Speaker 4: Keeb has like the highest voice, like a man.
Speaker 10: What's that?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: And a keeb always had two chains on, and I think there was some two chains on And I remember I would go up to khalik uh a Kiev and I'd be like, hey, hey, talive, you only I'm gonna call you oon chain. You only got un chan you only got one chain, bro, you ain't no two chains that.
Speaker 3: He was like, ain't ju hey man, nah you gotta.
Speaker 4: He was so fun.
Speaker 1: He was the coolest dude in the locker room. But he would get off of me with his high voice. He got like a uh, he's got like this raspy high voice. Sometimes that was just it was comic coal anytime he said anything to me. But he was like the funny that he was a cool ass dude and he made me hello better as a rout runner. So I don't I don't know if that's a story, but that he was known as snatchatainer too, too, wasn't he?
Speaker 3: Oh he's I used to tell him that shit too, you ain't snatching my chain and practices that we'd always talk shit, you know, because that were your teammates.
Speaker 1: You'd be bringing up I ain't crapture. You ain't take him out, chain dog, you ain't take about Chane. Get you all to get cut I love Tille. We gotta get him on here beast.
Speaker 12: Hey guys, Jack from Waynemouth kidd wondering if you guys had any.
Speaker 9: Weird holiday traditions growing up, Like I don't know, like Carolyn in the neighborhood, you don't really know or whatever.
Speaker 2: Thanks weird holiday traditions.
Speaker 4: Hm.
Speaker 1: I remember putting up the lights with my dad. I remember I was a little kid. We get I get up. I thought it was so fascinating to go on the roof. You know, when you go on the roof as a kid, whole new perspectives. And my dad was cool and he knew that I loved going on the roof. And we lived in a one story house at the time, and it was a small ass little house. But like I remember, we were sitting there, lying there and it was kind of chris that night and my dad, uh, he took we had to go through all the lights because if one light's bad, they all die. So this is old school, big ass color lights ship, you know what I mean. So we had to go by the time we were done getting all lights on, were sitting there and we had some extra light bulbs. Man goes watch this and he throws the light bulb in the middle of the street, and you know when they break, they make a big sound. And I was like, oh my god, it's so cool. Hell yeah, that's what I remember. I don't I go on that roof putting on lights and stuff with my dad.
Speaker 4: It was so fun.
Speaker 3: Teamwork. Baby.
Speaker 7: I heard holiday tradition going on the roof. That's cool.
Speaker 2: I do that, Jack, you got one.
Speaker 3: Nothing nothing that weird. But I do love a good movie on Christmas Day, going to the theater, catch a movie. Members so I cast away big. Sure, it's awesome. Good ones on Christmas Day. Yeah, not that weird, though.
Speaker 4: I feel like a lot of.
Speaker 2: People do that kind of a Jewish thing to Chinese food and movies on Christmas Day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, never do the Chinese food. But I dig it.
Speaker 1: Well, we used to used to make eggs. Benedict or she still does too. Let's go on Christmas Day.
Speaker 4: Do we have like a prime rib?
Speaker 7: We do fun do on Christmas Eve. I think that's kind of weird.
Speaker 4: It's so white.
Speaker 2: It's like a trend from the seventies that.
Speaker 4: Do you have a did you have a chocolate fountain too?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Just the heues of bread.
Speaker 7: A couple of couple of different Swiss funds, you know one.
Speaker 2: I actually it's awesome.
Speaker 3: But it is so seventies like Edward Scissors Hands like that.
Speaker 4: That town has fond.
Speaker 7: Fun Edward funds.
Speaker 1: But you know, talking about that little like the little town in and Edward scissor Hands has fun.
Speaker 4: Do that's a fund town.
Speaker 2: This is a weird thing from the seventy like stuck in my family for some reason.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Love it can't hide white.
Speaker 6: Hi, my name is Jonathan. I'm loving the podcast, guys.
Speaker 15: Great job.
Speaker 6: I'm loving learning more about the Patriots organization, which is pretty amazing, desidering. I'm a Steelers fan from New Jersey. Wow, and please please if you can't have Splater on again, he's amazing. My question is, can you explain what exactly slap dick means? I don't know if you guys answered that question before. If not, please thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Slap dick quite simple, doing anything a fucking moron would do.
Speaker 4: You are a slap dick. Now, this is a hurt animal. There could be slap dicks around each other synonymous with Bob A Luke. Uh, pretty much.
Speaker 1: The kid on the football team that was probably at practice because his parents were making him play and he didn't want any kind of hitting. He didn't want any kind of nothing. He was playing tittley winks while we were doing hitting drills. That's a slap dick. And then it morphs each higher place you get. So in high school, you know, if you do jump offside, it's just like you're a moron, Bubba Luke.
Speaker 3: They even exist at the NFL level.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to I would love to hear Ritchie and Cognitos oh God, oh boy answer to what a slap dick is because he has a stupid fucking rookie. Fine, So I would love to hear what Richie and Cognito would say a slap dick is. It'd probably be in the same form or fashion of what I said. I feel like that was a full on Merriam Webster definition.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I think it comes from the root where or the I think.
Speaker 4: It's lat I think it's slap of dicky. I think it's Latin.
Speaker 3: You can use in the sentence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, since this coach called the player a fucking slap dick for jumping off sides three times in one game.
Speaker 4: Slap dick.
Speaker 7: Also shortened for slappy two.
Speaker 1: Sometimes slappys is a short for slap dick slap ees this like dumbass and dummy.
Speaker 14: As you are a Jewish athlete, I was wondering if you've experienced any hardship seeing as you in the National Football League, as there is an also your experience with being Jewish in the NFL.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's been a couple of derogatory terms said on on the on the field, but I I don't really think anyone really knew the players or people of football world.
Speaker 4: It wasn't like if you're white, you're white. You know.
Speaker 1: It's not like you're Italian or you're Jewish. You know, white boy is is pretty. If you have fair skin, you were white. Now, if I was like a Sephardic Jew, maybe I would be a different I don't know. But there was only a couple times where I heard guys that did their homework. You know, a guy that would talk shit, which I respected. Honestly, it means he did his fucking work, But.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't. Not nothing crazy.
Speaker 1: I mean you'd see stuff in comment sections with certain things, but nothing out of the ordinary.
Speaker 4: I never really looked at it it like that.
Speaker 1: I looked at it as I was getting to showcase for my community instead of thinking about people looking at Oh, there's not that many of your community in this. It's more of an honor, you know what I mean. So, but I don't know if that answered, But that's my experience.
Speaker 12: Mister Edelman, this is Ryan. I have a quirky, nerdy question for you. Started seeing in the NFL's here that offensive coordinators are running receivers through the.
Speaker 11: B gap and the C gap on their routes a little bit more. I'm just interested in how you think about that you're running those routes and what kind of pressure would put on the defense if you had the opportunity to do that. Since I know you've surely been in a New England all right, I appreciate you guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, A lot of the C gap runs it's more of like the D N C gaps. Usually you'll see the fullback go into that B gap that he thinks is or B gap, and it's it's great counter it's a great play act counter where you can go and freeze the guy at the line the linebacker position if you're the fullback and going through.
Speaker 4: The B gap and then go out to your route for a receiver.
Speaker 1: You're seeing a lot of these receivers now, especially you know, look at all of these great run run game teams. The receiver on one side where the ballplay's going will go to the force and so have to. If there's only one safety, that means there's a guy in the box, so you rather block through safety over the corner. So you'll redirect your blocking assignment from corner to safety, and that's called going grabbing the force. Well, sometimes they're in that box so much that they can shoot that gap and get in and that's your responsibility. So what teams have been doing now is they motion that receiver and he'll go through the tight end and the tackle to pick up that that safety and block him. So naturally there's a counter to that play where the team has seen the receiver motion in go through the C gap or the D gap and block the safety. And so the counter is he you guys knock him over the head. A couple of times you're getting the force. The safety is getting more and more nosy, and then you go and you go through that sea gap. You act like you're gonna block that that safety who's been hit twice, and then you fly out and you usually get these huge catch and runs where you know the defense is all sucked.
Speaker 4: Up on the on the the run game.
Speaker 7: Who well said you never rang anything like that?
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 1: It was called f search. It was one of the innovators of that. Buddy, Really, how'd you like it? Like, what were some of the advantages. Well, it's just good because a lot of times you'd come in and you'd have to block that safety and so then over the years it a vault where you'd go through that gap and motion yourself and it was your responsibility to motion to go get that safety. See you to do every means end, But you couldn't touch the tackle because if you touch a tackle, that could be like a trigger point from the other guy to so you had to go in and hit that guy and so it was like a tip off. There was a great counter and it was also great for the you know, the route tree or whatever. You go in and you got that fake to that because it rewards you, and it makes that safety not play is hard down because he's gotta he's got a respect that you're gonna go out now potentially, But a lot of those B gap and a gap stuff that's usually the h back so he'll be lightened up in that tight end and they're faking a wham or they're faking a you know, a blast, and and then they go out and they go through the gap and it's usually wide open.
Speaker 8: James names, when.
Speaker 13: Does cream season start?
Speaker 1: Yeah, cream season starts after Thanksgiving. I mean I thought everyone knew this.
Speaker 7: What was the thing you said the other day?
Speaker 4: The pastorization period?
Speaker 7: Maybe we all know cream season?
Speaker 1: Well, when you milk a cow, the pastor is a period is when the cream floats up to the top.
Speaker 4: Okay, So for all you milk.
Speaker 1: Heads in there, and I know there are a few out there, I would love for you guys go in that comment section and just tell these these non milk people, maybe these all milk people, which I'm a fan of all milk even there, you know, even you tube percent tell us about that. Let's let's hear what you guys have to say if my analogy even works with them, Because I'm.
Speaker 4: Not gonna lie. I've only milked another once in my life.
Speaker 7: You've you've milked the cow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, We've all been to like somewhere and you like, yeah, you know, you go to the fucking and you put in your you're pulling those bad boys down.
Speaker 4: And yeah, I was pretty good at it.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying I'm a fucking I'm an expert, but you know, I thought it was. I thought it correlated with football. So it's it's a tip of my cap to the people that get that milk out of those cows. We support them and develop that cream. I love it and that that that that beautiful cream that we all love in our coffee because everyone knows oat milk latte versus whole milk or.
Speaker 7: You gotta go home.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, I'm just saying milk or no milk, baby, all the way. I want that red cap on there and that vitamin D baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we want to creamy. And then when that's just what we want our teams to be when they go up into this season, that's right colored cap red, red, red's hole, light blue is skim yeah or yellow or they have a yellow for fat free.
Speaker 3: I think, oh yeah, and yellow in there too.
Speaker 7: Wow, you learned something.
Speaker 4: Every day a lot more sugar than those fat freez though.
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't realize that.
Speaker 4: That's how they get the taste.
Speaker 3: And then after Thanksgiving rolls around, we're in creamses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're in cream season then. And then basically that's when teams are It's kind of you are what you are, and there's separation and you start to see who the real dogs are, the real cream teams are, and then then then then it's about going and playing your best football, and that's how you become a real cream team. The teams that are playing their best football after Thanksgiving is a cream team, and cream teams.
Speaker 4: Are usually the teams that win the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Now, when does nut cutting time start?
Speaker 1: Well, that that changes for each in every different situation of a team. Notut cutting time, like for the Giants was five weeks five years ago. You know what I mean, Dallas offseason, it's not cutting time. We don't have a running back San Francisco right fucking now, nut cutting time. Gotta play the Packers, you guys are they played the Packers right now? By the time you guys hear this, if they lost that game.
Speaker 4: Might as well be oat milk season.
Speaker 1: For them, which is creamy and good. There guy though, but it ain't the real deal ship for all you real for all you real coffee heads. You know what I'm talking about because I I do the whole mill lote sometimes and I have like my friend Jeff, and he'll look at me sideways because I'm not using whole milk. It's like Breistya or whatever they call him. Those people too, they are like, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: But sometimes you don't want to could drink to be three hundred calories that you get with a fucking whole milk latte.
Speaker 1: So you do the cappuccinos, less milk, more coffee.
Speaker 3: At your hour. Come on, man, your hour.
Speaker 1: This guy you got a beard in a grid chat. He thinks he's creative. Let me tell you about coffee buddy.
Speaker 7: In a sleeve. I'm along black.
Speaker 3: I don't know anything. I get confused with all the terms. Just give me a couple of hot black Joe too.
Speaker 2: Now, I like, I like long blacks Americano that you pour. It's the same as Americano, but the order is switched. One is water first, and then espresso one hop and then run's espresso. First water on top. I think Americana's water after and long black is espresser on top of water.
Speaker 7: It keeps the creamy prema a little bit.
Speaker 1: I like just a black coffee, amen, man, give me a black dunkin donut iced coffee.
Speaker 3: No regular over here, no regular. Hey, But then you got it. When it's really cream season, get down to the diner, eat your breakfast. You grab a couple of those little creams I got right there on the table. Put it right in your front coat pocket, just for later, for later, and you do the macho manze rises to the top, right to the tip tip.
Speaker 4: Coffee in the big time, I don't have it in my throat right now.
Speaker 2: I got cream season in the broadcasting world too.
Speaker 4: You gotta see, yeah, I gotta save oh cream.
Speaker 10: Coffee in the big Let me tell you about them Baltimore Ravens. They better clean it up or they ain't giveing be creamy. But the Detroit Lions.
Speaker 3: Oh dude, yeah, the creamy drinker right there, I tell you, right now, you put that with some expresso.
Speaker 4: You get you a cappuccino.
Speaker 1: Man Rady Savage boy sucks only with I can only do it with a couple of words.
Speaker 4: I can just do it. Oh yeah, only he could.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, that's all you need when the when you're with there with me.
Speaker 4: Did you see the one with him in France?
Speaker 2: I saw, I said to the group, I think flying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: He was in front of the Eiffel Tower doing a promo with his babe.
Speaker 4: Wait. I don't think with these.
Speaker 1: French people in like nineteen eighty two or eighty seven are looking at him like.
Speaker 4: Who the fuck is chat? I don't think I saw that American? Oh yeah, talking.
Speaker 3: About the Eiffel Tower. He's our best export, bro. That is the best of American culture right there.
Speaker 4: Fucking it.
Speaker 3: I gotta go back in the group chat and find that. Oh my god, it's not amazing.
Speaker 2: Did you did you honestly think that Michael ja video was real?
Speaker 4: Which one?
Speaker 2: The one was like Michael Jackson's real? Because are still alive? Because the van and the guy like talk in front of him was like the man's the same van, and then he was this weird guy that kind of looks like him that's talking.
Speaker 1: Did you also see that Michael Michael Jackson's story, I said, where he beat the shit out of Tupac No, I don't know if it's real, but it got me thinking. He was the little brother of four older brothers, so you know, he was kind of tough.
Speaker 4: He was tough.
Speaker 3: Him and Tito were probably brawling out there, right, and he's like eight years old and they were all like in high school, and shit, they're beating.
Speaker 1: The fuck out of him. I had a brother that was seven years older than me. You know how many times I was hung by my underwear on a door knomb three times a week? Comment section, let us know if that if that Tupac and Michael Jackson fight over, I think it was like a producer's daughter that he was dating.
Speaker 4: There to is Eiffel.
Speaker 16: Tower, Oh yeah, pis France, Eifel power and Elizabeth one master piece on another master piece, my tool manmpir of Sprints. Isn't it something Elizabeth?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 16: Better see boop can help pose o Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that rocks. He just makes me excited just to be like.
Speaker 4: Him in the Roman Empire. Make me excited.
Speaker 3: He's he's our Roman Empire.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I had a friend ask me how often do you think about the Roman Empire? And it was before I thought about that question, and I was like, maybe at least twice a week, you know, in some form of fashion gladiator if I this that, And I guess that's a huge thing that women say about men.
Speaker 4: They ask him a question. How many times do you think about a fucking vial question?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Have you heard that?
Speaker 2: Audience, We didn't record this six months ago.
Speaker 1: This is just yeah, well, I'm just telling you I think about it all the time.
Speaker 7: Me too.
Speaker 2: And I heard. I was like, yeah, a couple of times.
Speaker 7: It's the problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if by that you're referring to Macho Man, then yes, I think about it every day. The actual Roman part not that often.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would, I would probably. I don't know if I think about Macho more than I think about the Roman Empire. But I think I think of his videos. Yes, I watched his videos.
Speaker 3: It's one of the best, the only reasons to have TikTok and or Instagram these days for your main cut ups.
Speaker 4: R P L right P bro A right P. He heard it was bad? Was he a good guy?
Speaker 3: I think he was a good I think he was.
Speaker 2: Let's just not do anymore digging and just say, yeah, he was a good guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he played minor league baseball three hundred.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, great, Yeah, they did.
Speaker 4: Lobo called me up.
Speaker 10: He got me over in triple A. Yeah, when I was going to the bigs.
Speaker 4: Have you played triple A?
Speaker 3: Let me see what he got? What his highest level was. I'll do some looking here.
Speaker 4: Probably through a hell of a double play.
Speaker 3: He was an the Cardinals organization. He was an outfielder. Outfielder. Yeah, that's some speed.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 3: Probably then learned something.
Speaker 7: I've learned two things today.
Speaker 3: That's right, baby, You got to learn something every day. Kyler over here, we're lifelong learners.
Speaker 17: Hey, Julian, how goes it? I hope Kyler and Jack, I hope you guys are doing good too. In a recent episode, Julian, you mentioned about looking at the star at the end of the football.
Speaker 13: I've never heard.
Speaker 17: Anyone talk about that before, and I was just wondering if you could say a little bit more about that.
Speaker 15: Thanks.
Speaker 11: Bye.
Speaker 4: We got a football.
Speaker 1: So the end of the football, there's two lines if you look at it, So you look if you look at the right here. I mean it's not like it's like, I mean we're not talking, you know, like a masterpiece of art. Star, but you look right there that kind of resembles a star that that look. So if you look at that very point, you try to see the star. You try to see small. If you don't see the star, but you're looking for the star, you'll see big and you'll catch the ball.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm talking about with the star.
Speaker 3: I thought you're talking about that star you saw for a couple of years after that.
Speaker 4: Oh that star, No no, I think, oh, yeah, that star was because Brian Dawkins. That other damn that was a different star title.
Speaker 8: Man, I'm a Woodside High school student. Come down and visit.
Speaker 1: Man aout to make ANOTHERS run.
Speaker 8: I want to hear about your high school stories.
Speaker 11: Wood Side and your journey in general.
Speaker 1: We got a Woodside Wildcat call in Huh that's pretty cool. Did they say they're on a CCS run.
Speaker 3: It's like seven and three this year recording to Max Preps.
Speaker 4: Would they lose to?
Speaker 3: We lost to Hillsdale Hill forty to thirty, back to back losses here, then we lose to half Moon Bay the next week.
Speaker 4: They were the tough white boys.
Speaker 7: Have you been to that?
Speaker 1: Like they're like a bunch of there were like a bunch of the cowboy kids.
Speaker 3: Then we went to UH beat Santa Clara, beat Homestead, then lost to South San Francisco twenty nine to seven.
Speaker 4: Cities South City.
Speaker 1: See they're they're they're curveball because they get inner city talent.
Speaker 4: But they never were really disciplined. They never had really good coaching.
Speaker 1: They always had good players, but they were never They always had a lot of Polley's too.
Speaker 3: Oh South Francisco did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, South City Hillsdale probably had some Polies because you're in San Mateo. Pauli's were all around the Bay, like all the Aragon you got them at like all the uh PPSL teams or what is that the private school teams.
Speaker 3: You had quite a few poly teammates, right, yeah, I was like we had our team was pretty much all like Pauli Black, a couple of Mexicans and like heck yues a few white dudes. Then beat beat Los Altos forty eight nothing, thirty seven nineteen.
Speaker 4: My dad went there for a year. It's and I think that's a sunny Ville.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that. And then the last game I'm seeing here is eleven eight, uh Milpitas eleven eight.
Speaker 4: I wonder what those are like? Those are different, they're in a different division.
Speaker 1: So it used to be a lot of the good athletes were from East Palo Alto, Okay, and East Palwalta didn't have a school, and so a lot of the a lot of the kids from East Palato, which were the best athletes, we'd go to the Sequoia district, which was Sequoia, Woodside and menlo Atherton, so we'd all get a mix of East Palo Alto kids which were the best athletes, right, And so now I believe Sequoia and Redwood City and Woodside in Redway City don't get any more East pala Walto athletes, and East Paloalto goes to Palo Alto High and Menlo Atherton only, and those are the two powerhouses of the area because a lot of the talent comes out of East pal Walto. So they cut off our our our busing liner, I don't know, they cut it off, so they don't come there. So I don't think they get as much talent anymore in Woodside.
Speaker 3: Some real redistricting weird, Yeah, redistriction on man, but that's what I mean.
Speaker 1: That's where East pal Walter's where Adams is from. Davante. I think Jeremy Lynn. He's from Palwalta, not East Palalta. But there's a couple other guys that are from EPA.
Speaker 3: How far is that from the crib?
Speaker 1: I mean it pretty much like touches our city, like the tip of it, because you could take like East Redwood City.
Speaker 4: I mean Jordan Mines, who Jordan, Yeah, Memes.
Speaker 1: There's a couple other guys when I played too, but there were there were some studs there.
Speaker 3: This is crazy. Here we go, I'm looking at the Woodside ig. The Woodside Wildcats finished the twenty twenty four season with a close, exciting win on Varsity and jv Sadly, we will be on the outside looking in for CCS playoffs despite our seven and three record, the league's number one offense and number two defense, and one of the most dominating rushing attacks in all of CCS. Seven and three and you missed the CCS. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: They must be in a bad They must be in a lower division and it's like BCS so you can get power rankings.
Speaker 3: They yeah, that's how it kind of well, I don't know, yeah, but you know what I mean. They must there used to be an open division, a Bay Division, and an Ocean division.
Speaker 4: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I need all you high school heads in the Bay to hit up, you know, let us know. Yeah, that's crazy seven and man, well fuck, that's cool that they went seven and three. Though I heard they were doing bad a couple of years ago. It's good that they got seven wins.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: You got to build off that for next year. All you seniors, good luck with your next year and hopefully you guys got you know, some more football on you if you don't cherish the moments you had in high school. For all you juniors, remember this feeling seven to three, didn't get in the playoffs. Remember this feeling for next year, because they ain't gonna be a next year for you guys. So remember that in the offseason, all the preparation. Uh, you gotta, you gotta, you gotta manifest that stuff in your head. Every game in football at any level is too important to lose because there's not that many games.
Speaker 3: We gotta send dro over there them up.
Speaker 4: I had to send drove over there. Good drow out there.
Speaker 3: What was the best record you'all had when you got thirteen undefeated season?
Speaker 1: My senior year, we went thirteen to oh one CCS in the Division two though, would have been cool. We would have I think we would have done well against the big boys. We smoked our every every team we played in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: How many games you play in the playoffs to win at all?
Speaker 4: Three? I think?
Speaker 7: And it's that's it.
Speaker 4: They didn't have state anymore. Now they's state. They have state. Now you have to win CCS to go to like another one. So we didn't.
Speaker 1: I think they put in state like five years after I left. We would add a real shot.
Speaker 2: So you play like the team from LA, you play the team from Central.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know how it goes, but it's such a big state. There's so many high schools. It was so hard to get you know, the scheduling.
Speaker 4: For it for so long.
Speaker 7: It's a big state too.
Speaker 1: But now because of that, I'm sure it's like BCS where you know seven and three team didn't get in because you gotta let you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yes, yellow chess game like I used, yeah, be on that thing in my high school.
Speaker 3: What a nightmare. Now I gotta say, how'd the boys celebrate a thirteen and o season?
Speaker 4: We remember we went.
Speaker 1: On Sports Focus, right after the championship, sports focus was like the cool thing, like if.
Speaker 4: Your team was you know it.
Speaker 1: It was like the local highlights for the high school kids. I mean, it was so fun when we went in studio where jerseys some letterman jackets, fucking it was I don't know, I don't even remember that. It was so fun though, because we are here got canceled the year before the locker.
Speaker 3: Room windro is over.
Speaker 1: There's there's a fuel mutiny in the locker room against a coach and I won't put his name out there, but people will know. We were like an undefeated team going into this divarsity as a young team, and shit didn't go out right. There's a huge thing where there was a chant in the locker room and the whole the.
Speaker 4: Principal, God bless her. I love her, missus commons. She was cool.
Speaker 1: But she she walked in every guy into the office to see who started and who was in the chant, and every single guy and they knew of someone who started it, but they didn't want to, you know what I mean, they assumed and everyone said that they weren't in on it, and they didn't start the chant. And she sits the whole team now and says, you mean, no one said anything, and the whole team said no. She goes, If you guys don't tell us, we're going to cancel the season. Not one of the fellows ratted on nobody. That is a unified team, babe. We went down and then when we do the next year, we got it. Steve Nikolopolis, or the old guy who got kicked out for one of his players almost beating up a guy after a championship loss. He got kicked out of being a head coach because of that. It was our ad for a long time. Then we brought him back go thirteen to oh, Steve, that's a unified team. Hungry coach Amminetti too. You know, we were doing offseason fucking running and they were running us to death, you know. And there was this new performing arts center on that they just put in and you could see it from the football field. And I remember we were talking to coach Ammanetti. He was like a successful dude, went to Stanford stud and he had I think he had some money. We all thought he was riches because you know, we're all your high school kids and we all like we're running and stuff, and he's yelling at us, make us run. He goes, we go, Hey, coach, if we go undefeated, we want a fucking mural of our team on that goddamn wall right there. And am Minetti said, you guys go un to feed and we'll get you the goddamn mural. We went under the feeding. We don't got a damn mural. Commissioned that thing. You should Commissionnett. Come on, dog, we want fucking two thousand and four. What's side waldcats thing? You got the bread, bro, he got the bread. I know you got bread. Hey, I got bread. Now, I know you got bread too.
Speaker 3: Now, as an older guy looking back on it, I saw the cars you were driving and.
Speaker 1: Ship mister Stanford. Mister Stanford, he was cool. He was a smart guy. I don't even know why he was one of our coaches. I think he was just giving back. But he was like he had like a business.
Speaker 3: He was a little ball and making promises that he couldn't keep the kids.
Speaker 1: But he was like, yeah, he making promises you can't keep. Come on him, an Eddie, I want that damn fucking mural.
Speaker 13: Hey, guys, it's doaalin.
Speaker 14: Hey.
Speaker 15: We always joked about Jackie blazing up the guests and whatnot. But let's take a quick moment and glaze up Jackie and that swagger. Dude. You're always dressed to the nines and everything, and I'm just curious, like jewels you ever, you know, asked to ask Jack for fashion advice. You know, maybe he can give you a tip or two.
Speaker 3: Wait, boy, hey, this is a give and take relationship. Maybe I steal his swag? No, I look, it's mostly one way street. I mostly steal jewels a swag. No, no, come on now.
Speaker 1: If I don't get Jack's voted confidence on an outfit before a show, I'm out. And the same is true for me out. You know, the Jack will be like, hey, man, I shoes like, that's that's me on. I know, I got to keep the shoes on.
Speaker 3: And then normally I'm like fishing for a complaint. Hat No, hat, this is good, this bad, this is good. But Jackie, I like, and dolln said, the down's a man of taste. Go with your fucking heart your swag?
Speaker 7: Dad, What are you wearing right now?
Speaker 16: Jack?
Speaker 4: I have on this guy camera.
Speaker 3: Let me stand up here, set for the holidays. So he goes down the arms have on just some John Elliott sweats here underwear. Let's see John Elliott t underneath underwear. Maybe what shoe we got some unic we have on the jowned a six here Kith Malibu the other day with a Maxie and big house.
Speaker 4: Look at it. Look at Jack just.
Speaker 3: Chopping out Kith Malibu getting a fucking sweet there.
Speaker 7: What's uh John here?
Speaker 3: It started uh as a bit of like a blog, almost like a yeah it's now it's sort of becoming a brand.
Speaker 1: I think it's just a collab brand with Britain. They didn't rebought a great collabs. It did great rebok collab, great club, cool.
Speaker 3: Brand of their own. Now we're big Jown guys in the in the nuthouse. You're swaggy right back at your brother did a good give and take, As Billy Joel would say, no I need But Dollan, you're a man with a good eye.
Speaker 2: You can tell Dollon gave us some shirts at the live show.
Speaker 3: Yes, Dollan knows his stuff. Dan knows, Dollan knows ball. Dolan knows swag is dolland O Ball Down's our guy. Shout out Central Pa.
Speaker 7: He's a big Danny woodhead. Fan. Do you have a Danny woodhead story?
Speaker 1: I remember Danny Wood had did like this thing before viral was going viral where he went to a sporting good store and was selling his jersey to people and they didn't know it was him.
Speaker 4: Because he's I don't know I've ever seen that.
Speaker 1: I forget which one it was, but it's some fucking Northeastern.
Speaker 7: I think was an to Lette stadium.
Speaker 1: No, it was in like Brockton or something, but I remember him watching like he was he.
Speaker 2: Was such a fund jerseys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you know, he pretend like he was working there and people are like, oh, I like this guy, this guy's his jersey, like or he'd be talking to someone else and did he would be like, hey, you should go check out this one and they're like, nah, that guy's too small or something.
Speaker 4: Like a model's models models.
Speaker 3: What is a stick on the golf course too it? Dude?
Speaker 4: I heard he's like insane. That's I've heard.
Speaker 3: He's like like us open, like, yeah, he tries to qualify every year. I think there's like something.
Speaker 4: I think I sponsored him once for something that's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, JP, I don't.
Speaker 4: Think No, I don't know, but I think we thought about it.
Speaker 3: Imagine how cool that would be to turn on the US Open like Thursday and.
Speaker 4: What do you feel that?
Speaker 3: What he was like?
Speaker 4: An insane basketball player? Wood he is a fucking dog.
Speaker 1: He's just don't learn. Great athlete, great athlete, Chadron State. Yeah, but he he was. He was probably five seven five eight and like two o five. He was thick and he was quick. He was such a good ballplayer. It's unfortunately he didn't get to win with US.
Speaker 4: Oh I forgot.
Speaker 3: He wasn't one of them.
Speaker 1: He went on any of the Super Bowl teams he went to? Where did he go afterwards? He went to the Chargers and he had good little career there. He used to run that we used to We had a we had a Darren Sproles route that we used to run with Woody. And then he goes to the Chargers and wasn't Sproles was over there.
Speaker 3: Legend. I still think about that story that you and Robert telling what he's like. I don't want to Oh yeah, I wouldn't want to go.
Speaker 11: No, what.
Speaker 4: He was like?
Speaker 1: What he's like just a blue collar like Midwest guy, like great kid, believes in things. So you know, God and stuff and like doesn't swear, But like Rob said, he'd come in.
Speaker 4: And be goes he, guys, don't your hamstrings.
Speaker 1: Look like they feel like they're about to fall off the crest of Mount Everest today? He would go and be like yeah, I mean, he's like and then all of a sudden he have like the best practice. You're like, man, guys say it magare do you feel like your toadenails are gonna fall off? Like it's Thanksgiving? Or he'd come up with some crazy thing like that. They we're like, what do he You're always here? You fucking kill practice. Get out of here and you can go light it up. I mean he's just so, but I think that was his way of just bonding with the boys.
Speaker 4: But he would come with a thing.
Speaker 1: Like do your calves feel like they're knives going in your eyeballs? He would say some ship like that, like yeah, my calves hurt. Great practice, guys, let's go get better. This is what we have to say to get ready for practice in New England. That's how crazy practices were. We're fucking trying to mentally psych ourselves up. Fucking Woodhead. I miss him get program, I know I want to go have I want to go golf with him? Oh my god, bet you I heard he hits it straight like he doesn't hit I high ball. I don't know who golfed with them, but they said he was insane.
Speaker 18: What's up, Jillian Zach from Massachusetts here in college right now? You mass Boston, And I have a question for you. Who do you think is gonna take take it all the way in the college.
Speaker 5: Football playoffs this year? I mean they haven't started yet, but who do you think is gonna take it all the way? And I have a trivia question for you. What team did John Ellman get drafted back?
Speaker 3: Baltimore Colts. Baltimore Colts, Baltimore Colts. Would said he was gonna be a Yankee and.
Speaker 4: Went to Denver.
Speaker 1: You got me, Zach, but on on uh you got me again? With the college football ship, you know, Zach, I don't know who's gonna win because it's so new and we're not accustomed to seeing all these teams play each other, and this whole home field advantage is crazy. What I'm really excited for Oregon right now being you know, growing up in California, I always watched the Pac ten and the Pac twelve and if they go in the Big Ten and right now what we're watching this, they're they're Big Ten champs. That's such a slap. That's such a slap in the face of Big Ten. And then they go out and win the Natty. That would be sick Oregon. Let's go Orgon. I'm standing like a duck winey. Let's get a knuckle puck in there. Let's get a fold and.
Speaker 3: To give a wrong Yeah, but ducks stick together.
Speaker 7: They if Ogon won the Big Ten and the.
Speaker 4: First year they're there, though, that's kind of crazy, so weird.
Speaker 3: That is college football in a nutshell.
Speaker 4: I like it though. It's so fun. It's fun watching these new matchups give me fun. College Wisconsin was like Wisconsin playing Oregon.
Speaker 1: Like if they didn't play in the same conference, Oregon would have been up for that. But they've been playing new teams every week, so like almost losing to Wisconsin. They don't know how to play them. They haven't played them very often.
Speaker 4: I don't think.
Speaker 7: Also, the travel, yeah, they're.
Speaker 2: Pro athlete, so I don't care about that time zone travel.
Speaker 15: Good.
Speaker 1: They're getting paid millions of bucks now, but they ain't No amateurs. No more, these boys getting paid. You could deal with the goddamn time change, because I remember scrapping money for fucking Cheetos when I was in college.
Speaker 2: So you think Oregon's gonna win, that's your that's your gut. I'm going Organ, you got Notre Dames.
Speaker 3: I would like my domers to get in there, but I just I don't know. I don't know. Oregon looks tough. You think Notre Dame is gonna get in? I mean there's six right now.
Speaker 7: He's a Notre Dame fan. They're like cowboy fans. They always think Notre Dame is.
Speaker 3: Oh, don't put us in the same boat as those sad sacks.
Speaker 1: They always are, like really, since Mantito, they've always been good.
Speaker 3: But then we we kind of can't really win. The big one is never I'm not I'm not arguing with that one. Gotta prove it.
Speaker 7: Baby.
Speaker 3: They are currently getting a buy right now, which is crazy ashing gentymn. That guy can play. But I don't know though, I don't know they played Organ really care from Buffalo from Boise State. I also got signetti, Baby, signetti, google me. I'm a winner.
Speaker 1: I mean, they've they've done some busting before they have Ambranskys Bryanski asked Adrian Peterson. We've had them on here talking about it. We like, we like potatoes and boise We like this in this house of nuts.
Speaker 4: Kyl who's your pick? By the way, college football playoffs wins.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna root for Boise State just because I like the system being sucked up a little bit. And then the fact that like a team like Boise State actually has a chance for a national championship be cool. If they actually go and do it, that'd that'd be cool. I don't think they will, but I'm gonna be rooting for you.
Speaker 4: That are they so good?
Speaker 3: They after they lost Kansas, now they're they're not kins. Only like three wins and they went into Provo and knocked them off.
Speaker 4: Indiana.
Speaker 3: Indiana's great this year, big baby, big ten. At the time we're recording this, let's go all.
Speaker 7: Right, last last one here.
Speaker 1: But I don't feel bad for the kids no more. You know what I mean, Like if a kid had a bad game, the fact that they get money. Now, I ain't kids no more.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: When I saw the fucking Georgia parking lot and you see fucking seven Lamborghini show looking like I was like, I played in the league.
Speaker 4: For twelve years.
Speaker 1: We didn't even have we maybe had one Lamborghini in that bitch. But Tom Brady, he's rich down there in Athens. Look like little jokers. Miss a kick, you drop a ball. You're driving that that limb you're driving the Lambeau.
Speaker 3: Come on, bubbs, come on now, rent is due.
Speaker 1: No meal swipe no more. They got fucking geez meal swipe got this chef they probably you guys got it. Just deserving, it's deserving.
Speaker 3: It's about time.
Speaker 14: Hey Collas, it's his teeth from Rusticks.
Speaker 18: Just wondering. What's the best gift you ever got?
Speaker 7: That's cool. Yeah.
Speaker 1: We did Christmas in my house with my brother and my sister, and I remember once I asked for some three piece cranks for my bike. There were these spiders three piece cranks and I didn't get them, all right, And I was sitting there and I was like, man, we had like cool shoes, and you get your We used to get a sweatsuit for you know, you get a bunch of cool stuff, maybe a video game.
Speaker 3: I didn't get the three piece cranks. I was hurting my dad pulled a Christmas story today.
Speaker 4: Why don't you.
Speaker 3: Go go over and get some laundry out of the laundry room, pissed off?
Speaker 4: Did you get my three piece cranks? Go open the thing?
Speaker 3: Three piece cranks were in there, so cool talk about Christmas with the cranks.
Speaker 4: Remember that that is Frank recycled that. He did that twice.
Speaker 1: He did that once with a VCR back when I was like seven in my me and my brother shared a room.
Speaker 7: You guys got a VCO.
Speaker 1: We got a VCR for your for you and Jason's room. Yeah, and he put he put it in the laundry room. Again, He's like, you wanted you can to check the launder room.
Speaker 3: Thought he'd be a slick. We got it probably the day before Dad. You use this one, Frank, I love that. That's a great move, A sneaky one. Die guy, what about you, bro?
Speaker 2: I was always the kid with like the parents that like wouldn't have junk food and we wouldn't have video games. So like when friends would come over for sleepovers, they'd have to bring the PlayStation. And I got a PlayStation too late. I was like maybe fourteen or fifteen. It was the first like gamer system I ever had at a PlayStation two and I played like Tony Hawk four to my eyes bled it was awesome to you maybe Madden that would have been Madden in two thousand and four, or Madden with Vic on the cover. Yeah, two thousand and four was with AP I know five was Rey was because there was an anniversary.
Speaker 3: I think circa. This must have been about I want to say ninety eight Sega Dreamcast. Yeah, all timer ready to rumble, and it was one of those where you're not for time, way before it's time and access. It was incredible up there in Northborough, mass Baby, I'm at my grandma's house Shota Weston Terrace. We're up there and you're you know, you no offense to the grandparents, but you're expecting like here, you know, your socks, your normal like grandparent gifts. Dreamcast. I was floored, dude, unbelievable. I wanted to dreamcast so bad.
Speaker 4: One of my bro I was.
Speaker 3: I wasn't. I couldn't believe it had it had graphics capable of like PS two.
Speaker 4: I guess.
Speaker 1: I was like, this was like and yeah, yeah, I remember one of my friends, Andrew hockey Day. His one of his parents worked for Sega. What one of his parents worked for Sega and the other worked for Nabisco. House was so mys and Dreamcast. That's what we did at Andrew's house.
Speaker 3: WOREOS and dream Cast and he had he had the little fishing pole for the Dreamcast. Yes, the different controllers, like no one had those games, but he had every game. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we even went to Sega once. It's over in Redwood Shores.
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't know that. I mean I figured it was in the area somewhere.
Speaker 4: But yeah, well they probably there all time.
Speaker 2: It was the first console to have a built in modem online game.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow, insane and it just it was too It was too ahead, way too ahead.
Speaker 4: Was it a smaller CD or was it a CD? It was a CD CD.
Speaker 3: But I remember when we flew back we had the games with us, but we put it through security and I don't know if it's the same way, but I remember learning this the hard way. If it goes through the belt that their ruins ruins, the disc erases the disc. Really, yeah, we lost all my games? How to go buy new ones at Target?
Speaker 4: That's like crazy. Those are forty bucks.
Speaker 3: I know, say Sonic two k all that stuff.
Speaker 1: They had that bass Master, Fisherman Master, Yes, and I had I would sit there fishing.
Speaker 2: Motion sensing PARAPHERI so far ahead of its time. Wow, video chat a link cable to a neo g O pocket.
Speaker 3: Wait, they're just like Sayka's just unloading the clip in ninety eight, like fifteen years but anyone.
Speaker 7: Else had a camera.
Speaker 2: It's like the x Remember how the XFL has a bunch of stuff, yes, that they use now, like steady cams, Steddie.
Speaker 4: Cam, the sky can fine and fucking tik TikTok.
Speaker 3: Same thing.
Speaker 7: It's the same thing.
Speaker 4: Oh sometimes you did you do?
Speaker 7: Ready to rumble with the boxing?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Awesome?
Speaker 3: He was the man, Yeah.
Speaker 4: It was WCW was always good to in WWF.
Speaker 3: I think this was the same Christmas or the next one. Maybe I got a pair of the Randy Moss super Freaks. Do you remember those are the turf shoes? Yeah, Jordans, Oh those are an all time gift as well.
Speaker 7: What's on your Christmas wish list for Santa?
Speaker 3: Peace on Earth, good will to man baby? Okay?
Speaker 7: And then what's second?
Speaker 3: I could use some new golf balls. I lost a lot of golf. We're playing this desert golf out here. Man, I have lost golf ball after golf ball, and I need the title list, the tourist off kind of ones, you know what I mean, give me a little extra distance.
Speaker 1: I like those tailor made ones with the thing on it. Yeah, you like those? The line up for Putson's Yeah, yeah, yeah. The first time I used him, I was fucking up, like, fucked me up.
Speaker 4: But I like him.
Speaker 7: I've transitioned to full on lime green ball.
Speaker 4: You're a color ball.
Speaker 2: I don't know why that is. I always like it feels weird, but I'm into it. Got to lean into it, like socks and.
Speaker 7: Sandals kind of vibes.
Speaker 2: It doesn't feel right, but I like it works.
Speaker 3: You can pull it off, pull it off, pull it off.
Speaker 2: What's what's up on your Christmas list?
Speaker 3: List?
Speaker 4: Honestly, it's more for the kids now.
Speaker 3: Now I had a kid mode, I know.
Speaker 1: So I it's it's getting more fun to see her light up the more or the older she gets up with it. So I want her to have a good experience of the holidays.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: That's I want little to be happy. And then I want you know, family health health, health is wealth.
Speaker 4: Health is wealth? What about you, Kyler?
Speaker 7: Same thing with like my niece.
Speaker 2: A couple of years ago, I gave my niece a like musical dance pad, and just she was three years old, she was on that. I've never seen joy in a human being like that. I've been chasing that dragon ever since, trying to like step like I got her, like an RC, like a pink, like driving tractor like. I'm just trying to chase the dragon on getting that same exact feeling again, haven't gotten it since.
Speaker 1: Yeah, We'll see what I'll do this year. And it's a it's a fun time of the year. Happy holidays, guys, Happy holidays. Thanks for listening from everyone here in the nuthouse to all you people back home listening in the car, the house, bathtub, before bed, before before, For all you people out there, we just want to wish you a very merry, special Christmas Eve and a wonderful start to Hanuka tomorrow night and Kwanza in two nights. And have a wonderful, safe, healthy, happy new year going into twenty twenty five, a great new start for all of us.
Speaker 3: That's right, well said.
Speaker 2: Oh, Also, enjoy your Netflix football tomorrow that's right.
Speaker 3: Football and NBA. What a day of games.
Speaker 1: I hope they got the streaming right. And now for fights, it's okay, But you do that NFL, there's gonna be some mad people in that league office.
Speaker 3: We don't tolerate buffering. Hey, no buffering, no buffering. No, we don't buff No, no buff no Bruce Buffer. Now this is the National Football League. Do I have to remind you?
Speaker 1: I think average game watch what is it? Seventeen twenty five million people in a regular season game? Our draftkits more than other sports finals.
Speaker 3: Like shit like that. You can't fuck up Ted Sarandos. I'm looking at you, brother.
Speaker 4: We'll mess up the machine we call the NFL. We take our ball.
Speaker 3: Seriously. Can we do a quick little housekeeping wrap up here?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Uh, Logan Mankins, I'm looking here at the Mariposa Gazette. He indeed did play some high school basketball, going into the Mariposa County High School Hall of Fame. This was uh, this article is from twenty seventeen, So he was a Hooper Hall of Fame worthy Hooper in high school Hall of Fame. And then our man Machio mayn Ak r Andy Poffo doesn't look like he ever made it up to Tripa A played in the Western Carolinas League down in Orangeburg, the bow Evils. Oh, I wish bro the bow Wheels were the best. Shout I Ricky Williams. So you played down there, brother, uh two fifty and forty six games. Then he moved down to Florida and played for looks like he was playing in Tampa, the Tampa Tarpans of the Florida State League.
Speaker 4: So I had had.
Speaker 3: Himself a nice little little career and then in his third year in the minors, so he was there for a minute. That's when he started wrestling, So I'm glad he did.
Speaker 4: We we are, we Are.
Speaker 3: He started under the name the Spider Friend was wrestling. That was his. That was He's a friend of the Spiders. Baby.
Speaker 2: My nickname in high school is bone Soap because of his character in Spider Man.
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't know that. Wow, I never knew the origin story. That rocks well, the more you know.
Speaker 2: And Madden four was VIC on the cover, VIC that was.
Speaker 3: Four and that had the that had a mark Echo team I believe, Oh yeah, I did. Yeah. I thought I was the best Madden player.
Speaker 2: I used to love the mini mini camp just like running plays between bags. All right, let's wrap this up. Happy holidays, everybody, have a good time.
Speaker 1: Love you guys, Love you guys. Enjoy what an episode. Thanks for all the voicemails, guys. Those are so fun for us to answer and interact with you guys. You guys are the best. And that's been another episode of Games with Names. Remember to subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 4: Comment a game you want us to do and remember rate and review.
Speaker 1: Remember to follow Games with Names on x, Instagram, TikTok, and snapchat. Leave a message on the old hotline. As you can see, we love doing it and so fun. That number is four two four two nine one two two nine zero. We'll see you guys next week. Happy Holidays. Games and Names of production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from my heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 12: Thick Step