Speaker 1: Previously on Queen of the Cohn She infiltrated my life. She became my best friend. In her exact words, I was the sister that she never had.
Speaker 2: Kristin Williams, the wife of NFL running back Ricky Williams, starts unraveling financial manager Peggy Fulford's massive, multi million dollar fraud.
Speaker 1: We realized that we're paying for Peggy's lavish lifestyle, the Bentley Rolls, Royce, the range Rovers, all of her homes.
Speaker 2: The only problem is Kristin's husband, Ricky Williams, refuses to believe it. Peggy's got him snowed with her Oscar worthy performances.
Speaker 3: She's like ball of crying. She's like, I hope you don't believe this, Like I would never do this to Ricky, And she's like staying all this up, and I'm just like, I don't believe you.
Speaker 2: And what did Ricky get from her?
Speaker 3: Like he got from her that she put his money in stocks and like his money is spread out, So in his mind he's thinking, Okay, let's give her time.
Speaker 2: And Ricky gives Peggy plenty of time, but he never sees any of his money ever again. And it's the beginning of the end of Peggy Fulford's many scams. But the crazy, unbelievable drama is just getting started. I shouted out loud when I saw that. I literally said, and I said, you fucking way, is what I said. I'm Jonathan Walton and this is Queen of the con The Athlete Whisperer Episode five, deceit from the very beginning.
Speaker 3: Once it all happened with the Irs, because Kristen I was one of the first people that she called once the IRS called them and said how much they owe and blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: That's Chantelle Cohen again, Ricky William's lifelong friend. Peggy had successfully driven a wedge between Ricky's wife Kristin and Chantelle, but now both of them are finally talking and they have a lot to say.
Speaker 3: We sat on the phone for hours of just thinking of all these stories and things she said to us, and just all the way down to how she played Kristin and I against each other to where I didn't think Kristin liked me, she didn't think that I liked her, to where we wouldn't talk.
Speaker 2: So she kept you guys separate.
Speaker 3: Separate so she could do whatever she needed to do over in that house, and I was over here because I said to Kristin months into them hiring Peggy, and I said, make sure that she gives you like an outomized thing of what she's paying monthly for you guys, so you know exactly where your money's going. Maybe it's something that she puts in the refrigerator. She just stops by and drops it off at you, guys. You should know where your money's going, like, even though she's given you guys an allowance, like, you should know where your money's going. I don't know if Kristin mentioned it to Peggy.
Speaker 2: I'm guessing she did, and that's one of the reasons Peggy made sure Kristin and Chantelle never spoke again. But now Peggy's lies are laid there, out in the open for everyone to see.
Speaker 3: Because even with Dennis Rodman, he didn't want to come out and say anything. I know, his person was one of my good friends. So we talked about it, and I was like, no, you have to tell Dennis like he's on a trip with her son.
Speaker 2: That's right, Remember, Elkin, my responsibilities were to like completely run Dennis. Peggy convinced Dennis Rodman that Elkin was her brother, when in reality he's her son. And at this point in twenty thirteen, Elkin is with Dennis Rodman in North Korea while Chantelle and Kristen are realizing Peggy is a con artist, and Chantelle is urging Dennis's assistant over the phone to tell Dennis Rodman asap, like.
Speaker 3: You have to let him know what's going on with us, and so that person had to talk with Dennis, and Dennis is like, I don't want to deal with it. Then we have to get lawyers and blah blah blah. But then it was like the more stuff started coming out, then there's no way for you to not deal with it, you know, at the end of the day. So he had to deal with it, and it all came.
Speaker 2: Out, and by this point, Ricky Williams finally sees the truth about Peggy, and on December sixteenth, twenty thirteen, six years after hiring Peggy to manage their finances, he and his wife Kristen file a lawsuit in Houston against Peggy, accusing her of fraud.
Speaker 4: Plaintiffs Ricky and Kristin Williams, collectively plaintiffs filed this verified complaint and application for temporary restraining order and pliminary injunction.
Speaker 2: My buddy, Evan Goldstein, and I are examining all the legal filings in that lawsuit. It took me weeks to dig up all these court records and then figure out who all the court reporters were and make formal requests for transcripts and audio recordings. But my god, these filings tell one hell of a story.
Speaker 4: In two thousand and seven, mister Williams engaged Miss Wilford and King Management, collectively defendants, to manage all of his finances and investments.
Speaker 2: So this is two years before Dennis Rodman signs on. Dennis Rodman signs on hires Peggy in two thousand and nine. Ricky Williams is two years earlier, in two thousand and seven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and she kind of met Dennis Robin because Ricky Williams was opening a restaurant right that was kind of her way in with rod.
Speaker 2: One led to the other. It's a chess game for her. And while we're talking about Ricky Williams restaurant, the one on South Beach called Proof, it actually ended up closing and according to Ricky's business partner, A credit card machine in that restaurant was secretly swapped out for another credit card machine that allegedly fed directly into a bank account controlled by Peggy.
Speaker 3: And we had to shut down Proof because allegedly she was still in money from Proof.
Speaker 2: And Chantel Cohen watched it all happen without realizing what she was actually witnessing until years later.
Speaker 1: I was like.
Speaker 3: Cleaning my house a few years ago and I found postcards that she would send me from like China, Paris. Like I'm like, was this on Dennis's dime, Ricky's dime?
Speaker 2: Like ooh?
Speaker 3: Was treated in these trips? And I've seen multiple cars, big houses, just like all this stuff. And I'm just like, when you came into this, how much money did you actually have? Like how much was actually your money before you started doing X, Y and Z with all these people.
Speaker 2: I don't think any of it was her money ever. As for Ricky Williams lawsuit.
Speaker 4: Miss Fulford maybe served at two eight four to one Northeast thirty fifth Court, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Speaker 2: Now that's a hell of a house she's living in in Fort laud Is it like a mansion, Yes, it's a mansion on the on the Intracoastal. Oh yeah, waterfront. Those are super nice. It's got BMW's and Bentley's in the driveway. She is a baller. I remember every sense of the word.
Speaker 4: When I was a kid, I went down the Inner Coastal Waterway and like on a tour and they're like, oh, there's Madonna's house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's it.
Speaker 4: Like it's just very very well to do, very big giant houses, and they have they all have their kind of like docks in the back with their little dinghies and like boats, and it's it's uppercrust and it's.
Speaker 2: A million dollar lifestyle that she's using Ricky Williams money to furnish.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a hell of an address.
Speaker 2: And I'm posting pictures of that address, Peggy's three point six million dollar Fort Lauderdale mansion inside and outside, front and back at Queen of the Con on Instagram so you can see for yourself one of the opulent smoke screens Peggy used to trick victims into thinking she was a multi millionaire investing whiz.
Speaker 4: Between two thousand and seven and twenty twelve, mister Williams earn income of approximately eleven million dollars.
Speaker 2: So it's like two million plus a year. That's the money he's making, and that's the money she has access to.
Speaker 4: Onor about August fifteenth, two thousand and eight, miss Fulford and mister Williams established a joint checking count at SunTrust Bank in Orlando, Florida, without the knowledge or permission of plaintiffs. Miss Fulford received and used a debit card for the joint account. Plaintiffs were never provided a debit card for the joint account. So this is like her funny money fund.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's she gets a debit card for their account and doesn't give them a debit card.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just like straight to the Fendi bags and stuff. After opening the joint account, miss Fulford is ablished at least six other accounts at sun Trust Bank under several different names, including King Management. So she's just like moving this around.
Speaker 2: In the end, though, court record show Peggy actually opened eighty five different bank accounts that she used to steal from her clients, including Ricky Williams.
Speaker 4: Between opening the joint account in August twenty twelve, approximately six million dollars was transferred via account transfers, wire transfers, check card debits, written checks, or cash withdrawals out of the joint account by miss Fulford without plaintiffs authorization or knowledge. Six million dollars she's moving around like that seems like such an oversight.
Speaker 2: How do they not miss that like six million dollars? Well, here's why. Because she pitched them as this financial guru who's going to put them on a strict budget, invest the access of their money, and create what she kept calling generational wealth for their kids. So they believe her.
Speaker 4: They try to say, this money is not liquid anyway she's in. It's not like they could just pull it out of the stock market or whatever money market, whatever she says she's doing.
Speaker 2: They're not missing it because they think she's investing in.
Speaker 4: She's building wealth with it. Right, It's just leave it there, don't touch it. This is for your kids and your kids' kids.
Speaker 2: Let it ride. Yep. But the craziest part of this whole lawsuit is after the break, we'll be right back. Welcome back to Queen of the con. My buddy Evan and I are going through the Ricky and Kristen Williams lawsuit accusing Peggy of fraud.
Speaker 4: Paige by Page Honor about September twenty thirteen, Miss Fulford ceased all communications with Miss Williams. So it's kind of like years go by, what's going on with our money? And then basically by twenty thirteen she's like, Okay.
Speaker 2: Bye, I gotta go. She ghosted them, She totally ghost it. She ghosted them, and she ghosted Dennis Rodmins people, and she ghosted Rashad mccent's people. This is her thing. When she gets found out, she ghosts and she's on to the next. But here's what's different. Travis Best kept it quiet. Rashad mccent kept it quiet. Ricky Williams's wife is pissed.
Speaker 4: One question is like, would she have gotten away with this had Ricky Williams wife not have been pressing her, you know, if it was just Ricky Williams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she just scammed another day for maybe she would have got away with it. It was the wife. It was the wife. Yeah. By all accounts, she was the catalyst to take her down. Evan continues reading from the lawsuit.
Speaker 4: Mister williams twenty ten personal income tax return was prepared by Miss Fulford honor about August twenty twelve. The internal Revenue Service audited mister Williams twenty ten personal tax record and contacted mister Williams for additional information.
Speaker 2: She's getting him audited. And it's similar to the way Travis Best found out he got conned. He got a letter from the IRS that he thought Peggy was paying his taxes. Turns out she wasn't. I mean, it's identical if you recall from season two what I don't care for this show.
Speaker 4: I don't really listen to it.
Speaker 2: What Lizzie Mulder was doing to scam her victim. She claimed to be paying their taxes, and she was just depositing all those checks that were earmark for taxes into her own account for years, banking that tax no one knew for years.
Speaker 4: The coup de gras was the checking account with the name income tax Payments.
Speaker 2: She can just go to Bank of America and open up an account called income tax payments. Yeah, and they don't. That doesn't raise a red flag for them. Yeah, No, that's just bullshit. But this is what puzzles me about con artists. I don't know the answer. I just see a trend in all these cases. How do they not know or how do they not care? They're going to get caught one day, at some point the jig is up.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's just, you know, they get away with it. Year one, they're probably nervous. Year two, maybe a little less nervous. Year after year, getting this money, nothing happening to them, they just start to lose their fear. Maybe they just become more emboldened because they low themselves into this kind of false sense of security where it's like, oh, I didn't get caught the last ten years or whatever six years.
Speaker 2: And they feel confident delivery get caught. Maybe remember con artist is short for confidence artist, because they not only gain your confidence to scam you, but they're also inordinately confident they'll get away with whatever scam they're pulling anyway. On January tenth, twenty fourteen, things take a crazy, freaking turn, a chain of whiplash inducing events on fold that no one sees coming first. Nearly one month after Ricky Williams and his wife Kristen file a lawsuit against Peggy alleging fraud, they end up dropping it out of the blue, and Peggy breathes a huge sigh of relief because she appears to be getting away with what she's done. Wow, Ricky Williams is spending I would guess hundreds of thousands of dollars on this lawyer to pursue this case, not just filing it in Texas, but then refiling it in Florida. And maybe that's one of the reasons he ultimately dismissed is because it's like, I don't have any more money to keep trying to get blood from a stone. Nothing. Anyone could sue anyone for anything, So it's not really a big deal when you file a civil lawsuit, but it made the local paper in Houston, the Houston Chronicle. An FBI agent in Houston who is a sports fan is reading about this Ricky Williams lawsuit and it piques his interest, so almost he goes rogue because this is not an investigation that was officially assigned to him. He just starts looking into the case and eventually he's convinced that Peggy's a major con woman who needs to go down. So this FBI agent, let's call him Agent Karma, actually gets the Department of Justice on board, and before long, Peggy Fulford is the subject of a federal investigation, and one by one, every victim and every witness to Peggy's many scams, gets interviewed on record by the FBI, including Chantel Cohen.
Speaker 3: The crazy thing about the FBI is that when they first came about the case, they did not want to arrest her with all the information me and Kristen gave them. Did not want to arrest her because they wanted to build a case against her. They watched her for a year and a half. The FBI gets involved, they already have so much evidence against you, Like this is not something they make up.
Speaker 4: They've been following you and.
Speaker 3: They have so much stuff. And so when they called me and said like the thing that they had, I was like on the floor, mouth wide open, like wait what I missed all that too? So just what I know? And then we have all that like that that's crazy to me.
Speaker 2: What the FBI uncovers is that from more than a decade, Peggy Fulford has been impersonating a financial manager and scamming millions and millions of dollars from a bunch of different athletes.
Speaker 4: Fulford falsely told victims that she graduated from Harvard Law School and Harvard Business School.
Speaker 2: My buddy Evan Goldstein, again reading filings from the Federal case against Peggy Fulford.
Speaker 4: And at various times that she had one made millions on Wall Street, two made millions by buying and selling hospitals, or three made millions on real estate in the Bahamas.
Speaker 2: Stories from far away hard to prove. That's a red flag. You're in the midst of a con.
Speaker 4: Right and who has the patience to look up someone else's life?
Speaker 2: No? One. You're going to prove she didn't buy and sell a hospital. Yeah, how are you going to do that? Yeah? When you meet someone new, when they start telling you stories from far away places, yeah, be suspicious. On December thirteenth, twenty sixteen, three whole years after Ricky Williams files a civil lawsuit against Peggy for fraud and then drops it, the Department of Justice actually indicts her and issues this press release.
Speaker 4: Peggy Ann Fulford, fifty eight, formerly of Houston and now residing in New Orleans, is charged with wire fraud, mail fraud, interstate transportation of stolen property, and money laundering. A federal grand jury in Houston returned the eight count indictment December thirteenth, twenty sixteen, which was unsealed upon her arrest.
Speaker 2: Today, what I've learned interviewing federal prosecutors in the past, is they're charging her with these eight counts. They could have charged her with one hundred other counts. But at some point it's overkill because if she's convicted on all eight counts, she's going to jail forever. Oh right, Each count carries five to ten years for this. You know, if you add them all up and she's convicted of all of them, it's enough to put her in jail forever.
Speaker 4: But if they want her in jail longer, why wouldn't they just do more counts, because then you could be like guilty of more accunts. Like let's say they don't find her guilty of all the eight counts. Maybe they find she's guilty of two of these counts or whatever, and it's just less time she has to do.
Speaker 2: Well, here's what I've learned, and this might shock you. They don't want her in jail at all. By that, I mean, based on my experience dealing with the Department of Justice and with various district attorneys and state attorneys' offices across the country, the most important thing to any prosecutor, especially at the federal level, is securing a conviction period. That's a win for them, and we all want to win, right, especially federal prosecutors. And keep in mind, all of Peggy's scams are classified as white collar crime, and the vast majority of white collar criminals never see a day behind bars. Prosecutors know that, so they don't care about jail time or no jail time per se. They just want a conviction, ideally from a guilty plea, because that can't be appealed, whereas a conviction a trial can be. They want her to plead guilty. They don't want a trial. Prosecutors don't want to prosecute in a trial because a trial a is expensive. A trial, a federal trial can cost millions and millions of dollars. You got to impanel a jury and a backup jury. You might have to sequester them in a hotel three meals a day. It could go on for weeks or months. Add to that, what the judge is being paid to preside over a trial every day for months, what the US attorneys are being paid, and what all the expert witnesses and forensic accountants are being paid, not to mention the dozens of federal court house employees like the bailiffs and the court reporters.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of money.
Speaker 2: It's uncertain. You have one juror who doesn't say guilty. It's a hung jury, it's a mistrial. You got to do it again. There is such a level of difficulty and uncertainty with a trial. Nobody wants a trial. Yeah, so how they're writing this indictment with just a sliver of these crimes. They want to frighten her. They want to say, look, we got your number, lady, plead guilty. If you're convicted on eight of these charges, you're going to jail for good. So plead. Take a plea. Take a plea, Take a plea. That's the parenthetical in this whole indictment. Take a plea. They want her to take a plee. Not just her, they want every criminal to take a plea because a trial is a huge time suck and money suck, and they could get away. They could be found not guilty totally. So that's why from counts five to eight, these are tiny slivers of time and money. We're talking millions and millions of dollars. She still ultimately, but they're not accounting for all of that. Here, give me like a Cliff's notes, and you won't believe where Peggy's living when federal agents go searching for her right after this break. Welcome back to Queen of the Cohn. At this point in twenty sixteen, all the athletes Peggy was managing the finances for have cut ties with her, and she's hit hard times. Gone is her Fort Lauderdale mansion and luxury cars. She's short on cash now and living in an old apartment building in New Orleans, dealing with noisy neighbors, air condition problems, and cockroaches. And when federal agents from the FBI knock on Peggy's door on December thirteenth, twenty sixteen, they arrest her and get her into handcuffs, and then they start looking around her place and they immediately notice a check on her nightstand for nearly two hundred thousand dollars. Apparently Peggy's got another scam cooking. She tricked a local doctor into believing she bought a shuttered high school in the Lower ninth Ward of New Orleans and was in the process of renovating it and planning to reopen it as a retirement home and make millions of dollars in profits. The only problem is none of that's true. According to authorities.
Speaker 5: In New Orleans, this doctor invested many thousands of dollars one hundred and ninety seven thousand dollars to be accurate in that particular project known as a Holy Cross project, and as it turned out upon investigation, the property was not for sale.
Speaker 2: Luckily, that unsuspecting doctor got his check back in the nick of time.
Speaker 5: If the New Orleans I had arrested her one day later, that money would have been deposited, that money would have been gone.
Speaker 2: But sadly, Peggy did get away with stealing the other check he gave her for one hundred and seventy four thousand dollars weeks before cops come in. You have a check sitting on your nightstand, like, what is going on? Chantelle Cohen again?
Speaker 3: But that shows you that she has to catch back up. So she's going to figure out a way to do whatever she's been doing this whole time to get back to the fancy life as she loves to live. So that's what I'm nervous about of whoever her next victim is.
Speaker 2: And the US attorney prosecuting Peggy for the Southern District of Texas knows that now more.
Speaker 6: Than ever, Peggy Fulford is a financial predator. She looks for prey. She's looking for someone that she can ingratiate herself with, earn their trust, and steal their money.
Speaker 2: For more than a year, from late twenty sixteen to early twenty eighteen, the federal case against Peggy Fulford makes its way through the crowded criminal justice system. In the meantime, Peggy is free on bond awaiting federal trial, and she pleads not guilty to all eight counts against her. She says she can't afford to hire a lawyer now, so she requests a public defender who she doesn't have to pay anything to. And Peggy seems to really want to go to trial at first. But here's the thing about federal cases that go to trial. The vast majority of them, nearly one hundred percent, end with a conviction, and a scammer convicted at trial is usually sentenced to way more prison time than a scammer who throws prosecutors a bone and takes a plea deal. Actually, in a lot of those cases, if there's no violent criminal history, the scammer can usually get off with just probation and no prison time or very little prison time. And that's exactly what Peggy's public defender explains to her. So Peggy changes her mind, and on February first, twenty eighteen, she agrees to plead guilty to just one count, interstate transportation of stolen property. At this point, it's entirely possible that Peggy could walk away with zero prison time. But suddenly something unforeseen happens that shocks the living hell out of the federal prosecutor.
Speaker 6: I was busy and we were preparing for the sentencing the next day, and I got a message on my voicemail at work.
Speaker 2: That voicemail is from an engineer named Ray Thompson. Hi, my name is Ray Thompson, who says Peggy just scanned him in the days after pleading guilty to scan all those other people. And Engineer Ray Thompson is mad as hell.
Speaker 4: I'm so upset.
Speaker 6: He'd been working in Saudi Arabia to rebuild his life because he had lost everything after Katrina, and she convinced him that for a twenty five thousand dollars investment they were going to make a lot of money together. That I think really was the nail in the coffin about whether she was going to stop or not, and.
Speaker 2: It certainly doesn't inspire the federal judge who's about to sentence Peggy to let her off with probation. The other crazy scam that emerges before Peggy's sentencing hearing is that she actually stole someone's social Security number and used it to fraudulently file for bankruptcy in an attempt to hang on to the Florida real estate she owns that corresponds to her real social Security number. So during Peggy's sentencing hearing, prosecutors planned to make a case to the judge to give her the maximum ten years behind bars.
Speaker 6: We were ready to stop her because we knew that she was probably out victimizing people every day.
Speaker 2: It's November seventh, twenty eighteen, and Peggy's sentencing hearing is now in session. Three of her victims suddenly show up in the courtroom and they desperately want to talk to the judge. The first one to speak is Kristen Williams.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much for giving me the time and opportunity to speak at this hearing today. Please know that I am speaking on behalf of myself as well as my former husband, Ricky Williams, who is not able to be here.
Speaker 2: Former husband Wow. The sad truth of the matter is, after getting scammed by Peggy out of millions and millions of dollars, Ricky Williams and Kristin are now divorced, but they appear to be on good terms. As Kristin explains to the judge why Ricky can't be here today, he.
Speaker 1: Is in the middle of midterm exams and working in California. He had to start a second career after losing every dollar he earned playing football in the NFL for twelve years to Peggy. Although I've had lots of time to prepare for this, I was never quite sure how to put everything I would want you to know about Peggy and the turmoil and hardship she has caused in our lives into words. I thought perhaps I could start with December one, twenty thirteen, when I discovered that not only was there not enough money for me to go to the grocery store in my checking account, but that nearly ten million dollars that my husband had worked so hard to save for our family was all gone.
Speaker 4: Or maybe the.
Speaker 1: Day I discovered that we had thirty days to prove my husband's innocence to the irs. You see, Peggy had received a fraudulent three hundred and thirty four thousand dollars tax refund in his name and deposited it into one of her more than eighty five bank accounts and promptly spent it. We have since discovered that that sort of thing was actually easy for her to do, because she would use her driver's license that had the last name Williams on it and just pretend to be Ricky's wife.
Speaker 2: When Kristen finishes speaking, what happens next in the courtroom stuns me. The judge seems to push back on Kristin Williams.
Speaker 7: You're obviously an intelligent woman, and I'm sure your husband had access to advice and counsel from the National Football League. Wasn't she an unlikely choice to manage money or manage investments?
Speaker 1: No, Peggy claimed to be a Harvard edge kated attorney. She had made up pleques on her walls. She supposedly had an NBA from Harvard. Her third husband, Force King. She told everyone everyone that they started the first HMO in the country. That he retired from practicing medicine because he had made so much money with his investments that everyone flocked to them. She claimed to be able to give us all generational wealth to take care of our families, and she had the highest friends in the highest places. She had an extreme amount of money. It appeared she drove fancy cars, she looked like and acted like she was all of these things. She hung out with well known attorneys. I mean, it was just, I mean, I don't have enough time to sit here and tell you all of the things.
Speaker 2: Next up to speak is a woman named Rebecca Hilliard, the wife of NFL player Lex Hilliard. Peggy scammed them both out of one hundred and thirty two thousand dollars and then continued scamming them even after they confronted her.
Speaker 8: A year or so after we fired her, she started up another account in both of our names, signed Lex's name, and put power of attorney, which she did not have, and then she filed our taxes in Montana, in Minnesota, and Florida and got three different tax refunds in our names.
Speaker 2: And as insane as that is, it's not quite as insane as Peggy scamming sixty four year old Ray Thompson while she was out on bond after actually pleading guilty to scamming everyone else. Now it's raised her to take the stand and tell the judge how Peggy tricked him out of twenty five thousand dollars, claiming she had a profitable medical management business in Phoenix and was going to give Ray a huge return on his investment. Oh and she told Ray her name was Peggy Jones. I imagine just in case Ray ever googled her real name and found news reports about her recent FBI arvest and federal indictment.
Speaker 9: So I gave her money, a total of twenty five thousand dollars cash.
Speaker 2: I trusted her, and.
Speaker 9: Even to know that her name wasn't even Peggy Jones, it just seemed like deceit from the beginning.
Speaker 2: Now it's up to the judge. But before he issues Peggy's sentence, is there anything else you would like to say?
Speaker 9: News Walford, Yes, your honor, please go ahead.
Speaker 2: And the stuff Peggy is about to tell this judge. You're gonna think I'm making up, but I promise you every word is true.
Speaker 7: You seem like you have so many skills, so much experience. Why was it necessary to do this. Was it simply shortage of cash?
Speaker 9: No, your honor, Can I explain something.
Speaker 2: Next time on Queen of the Khan.
Speaker 9: They know where the money went. That's what I will tell you is they definitely know where the money went.
Speaker 2: Peggy tries to play a federal judge.
Speaker 9: I know they painted a really ugly picture, but I was actually married to an anesthesiologist during that time. I was married to an orthodontist.
Speaker 2: Those cars a Roseworth.
Speaker 9: Ghost and all of that that was not in my name, That was in their names, Amasarati, that was in their names.
Speaker 4: All I'm saying, your Honor.
Speaker 9: Is that I was married to people who also made money.
Speaker 2: But will the judge fall for her charm offensive?
Speaker 7: I appreciate your candor, I really do. Thank you very much.
Speaker 9: You're welcome, your honor.
Speaker 2: If you're enjoying Queen of the Con, leave us a five star review, reviews, help other listeners find us, and by all means, click that share button and send Queen of the Con to anyone you think might be into it. Queen of the Cohn The Athlete Whisperer is a production of AYR Media and iHeartMedia, hosted by me Jonathan Walton Executive producers Jonathan Walton for Jonathan Walton Productions and Elisa Rosen for AYR Media. Consulting producer Evan Goldstein, consulting producer, Trace Shean. Written by Jonathan Walton, Sound design by Zach Hirsch, Edited and mixed by Zach Hirsch, Audio engineer Justin Longerbean, audio engineer Chris Desmond, studio engineer Graham Gibson. Mastered by Justin Longerbean Legal counsel for AYR Media. Johnny Douglas, executive producer for iHeartMedia. Maya Howard Voice acting by Darnell Baldwin, Tyree Saxton, Junior Courtney, Hettrick Milan, Faxis, Jorge Farragut, David Teitelbaum, Terina Pouncey, Kim Ganier, Stuart Chait, Teresa Prindle. Statements from press reports, public interviews, and from court records were dramatized verbatim on this season of Queen of the Khan, b E t's American Gangster Trap, Queens, TNTs Rich and Shameless, CNBC's American Greed, The Guardian, Sports, Illustrated, The Times, Picky June, The Opportunist Podcast, victim interviews and Countless court records were the sources used on this season of Queen of the Khan