Speaker 1: What's up? And welcome back to another episode of No Sealer's Podcast with your hosts now fuck that with your loaw glasses Malone. See this is why I need to get a new spot though. Yeah, yeah, I'm on the camera, so yeah, I got I gave you a straight look so when you uh so, when you talk, I can switch you straight up to like you, I got a broad one of both of us. Right then, I got you right here, gotcha? So you're the start of the show.
Speaker 2: Well, I hate to disappoint the fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm glad you California, Pete.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's crazy is right? Is is like this next year, I have to make it like a habit of going, like I have to start figuring out how we're gonna take the podcast to a visual because you're missing, Like, these motherfuckers are so crazy. I don't think they like, Okay, this is gonna sound fucked up. Cun But I don't know if people are intelligent enough to just listen and read anymore.
Speaker 2: I think that ship sailed about a generation and a half ago.
Speaker 3: That for.
Speaker 2: Minimum, the bell curve is now upside down.
Speaker 1: I can't be that bad. That's fucking crazy, Dog I.
Speaker 2: Don't know what it depends. I think there's a segmented categories of the population for whom that's true, but it's also true in segments of people's own existence. Like some people might tap into hero what we're talking about in lieu of what should otherwise be background noise for them, so they don't really they aren't engaged appropriately, So that can create a problem if we're talking about stuff that requires higher engagement, or other people just never engage, so they might try and they're just gonna fuck it up because it's like there's no muscle memory.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think this whole narrative because about attention spans be as shorter as fluff. I think if you give people the opportunity to make information convenient in shorter packages, you know human beings for sure gonna take advantage of convenience every time. Like as a parent, like right, I don't have no kids, you don't have no kids, but I get why when parents are driving home and they have they like five or six year old in the car and about three miles away, the kids see the golden arch be two miles away, see their golden arch, and they pointing and you know, you got to feed this kid. You know, you got to feed this kid. And it's like that McDonald's is convenient, even though you don't think it represents a full supply or a full quality of nourishment.
Speaker 2: That's a perfect parallel to to to what we're talking about, you know. I mean, I think the biggest crisis is we're in a discipline deficit culture because there's I'll say this much for sure, there is no conversation about a lack of attention span in video games and pornography. No one says, no one can, no one can follow the poorn all the way to the nut. No one says that it's always no one can sit still and have the discipline to do what they don't want to do at a low bandwidth stimulation, which a lot of stuff that you don't you know, it would be like watching a machine move heavy objects for an hour and a half. Are going to the gym and working them out. You're going to grow from one more than the other. You know, people don't want to do the other part, so you don't think like.
Speaker 1: That's probably the same issue in school today with it being overcrowded, like because you're trying to make education convenient, right, so you put seventy students in the classroom with one teacher, you know, teaching, especially in the time. When me in Head and Salas always debate this, I always tell them I don't think people are stupid. People aren't incapable of learning. I think people are distracted. I think people are ignorant, they don't know. I don't think most people are incapable of learning. I think it's hard for people to relay the information. Like maybe everybody don't learn the same fucking way, but sure for the most part.
Speaker 2: So I think the reality with education that people don't want to say structure. Really, education is designed to cater to the teachers, not to the students.
Speaker 1: What period, what run.
Speaker 2: Gee the whole way that the educational paradigm from a teaching methodology standpoint, from a what do you call it? Curriculum standpoint, all of that stuff is designed for the teacher. It's not designed for the student. And that's that's one thousand percent sure, because who, well, who are come? Who runs education? The teachers' unions.
Speaker 1: Do gotta be systems. The teacher, trust me does not cater the teachers don't make enough money to be bullshit.
Speaker 2: They make a pantload of money. They make a ton of money, Yeah, they do. They make a ton of money.
Speaker 1: How much does the average high school teacher make?
Speaker 2: People at least in the seventies. But the problem with that is they are gonna make in the seventies for thirty years a year until after they die. They're given the benefit of a million dollar nest egg of investment perpetuity, year after year after year till they die.
Speaker 1: Is for the fucking future of the fucking world. Yeah that really fag Okay, here a doctor, a doctor makes five hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: A doctor's investment in himself is five fucking times greater.
Speaker 1: But I'm not I'm not even disagreeing with the Okay, no silans. Well here's here's no silance hold on JL My nigga Pete is in California live and we started to trying to figure out the visuals for everybody. We got a lot of work to do, so just bear withoos.
Speaker 2: Dog what I when I say it won't to not tangent off. It is difficult. Not everybody who ice skates through a bachelor's degree in education and whatever the hell certification thing it is, which is not hard?
Speaker 1: That's hard.
Speaker 2: No, it's not, moms.
Speaker 1: How much of the population is getting a bachelor's degree.
Speaker 2: Any idiot can get a bachelor's God damn Jesus Christ, are you kidding me? I could line up twenty morons in my phone got bachelor's degrees that I swear to God. I don't know how the hell they could make it across the street without killing themselves. I'd be a miracle if they could navigate their way through traffic on foot to the seven to eleven. They do it all for you, anyway, be that isn't me. Comparatively speaking, In the confine of transmitting curriculum to the student mind, the lowest denominator of ability for the transmitter being the teacher, is the way that things are taught. It's no more clear than in mathematics. It's here's the equation. Don't learn the engineering behind the equation. Learn how to do what do they say? Plug and play?
Speaker 1: But that's how you have to You cannot teach people, Pete how to think. That's something me and you have this debate on the time, because you have to be gifted with the ability to know how to think, how to think. I think college tries its best to do a better job, like from the people I know that went to college and watching their work and their work. I've helped people in college a lot of different people, right, and to me, what they try to do is further thought, and like, okay, let me further thought. Let me show people how to think further College is really also about somebody. Chris made a good point to me, college is about networking. So it is about learning how to think better and more efficiently, right, and then networking.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah, college is all about brand association. That's all it's about. Not just all yeah. Yeah, there's very very few things that are happening on a college campus that, for what is actually being brought to you information wise, is transmittable effectively, very very few.
Speaker 1: So how do you feel about college? For real?
Speaker 2: I'm not good. I think that at least three fourths of what's going on in academia as a giant waste of everyone's fucking time and money.
Speaker 1: Seriously, So you don't think college is a beneficial thing?
Speaker 2: No, there's there is an there are there's what four trillion dollars an aggregate student debt that would agree with me?
Speaker 1: So then why is everybody going to college.
Speaker 2: Because it's a beautiful marketing scheme. It is marketing on an expired paradigm that people don't haven't critically been able to analyze and understand that this reached critical mass twenty years ago, and now people are just going and picking up pieces of paper with no value from itutions of no value, and paying through their nose to do so. And a lot of it also has to do with the fact, like my big prison people like to talk about, like you know, the housing crisis was the product of what's the term they use, predatory lending, right as if bankers were going door to door trying to solicit you and people weren't walking into their bank. The real predatory lending in this country is somebody from a university going to a minor where they are a captive audience at their high school where by law, by truancy law, they are not allowed to leave, and pitching them into a commitment to go to college where they will sign for a financial document that will thrust them into tens of thousands of dollars of debt that they've committed to as a miner. That is called predatory lending. If you did that for pussy, they'd call you a predator. If I, at thirty eight years old went to a high school and solicited pussy from sixteen year olds, I'd be a predator. They aren't allowed to leave. You do it for fucking eighty thousand dollars and a degree from cal State Sambordino wherever the fucking psychology. Then all of a sudden, oh no, no, no, no, it's not predatory, it's beneficial.
Speaker 1: So the education is not worth the money.
Speaker 2: No, very few cases, very few cases.
Speaker 1: What if you're going to be a psychologist.
Speaker 2: How many bachelors in psychology actually become a psychologists?
Speaker 1: But isn't that a choice on a student for deciding that that's what they want to do with their time.
Speaker 2: It is, and it isn't because the way it's pitched to the minor, when they are, by truancy law, forced to sit and listen to it, they aren't told that. There's nobody breaking out a chart saying if you choose this major, here's what you're gonna make. If you choose this one, here's what you're gonna make. Here's what you have to do after completing your bachelor's degree to make this in this field ABCD known. It's not presented, the information is not presented with held.
Speaker 1: But at that point, isn't it your job to go get the information?
Speaker 2: It is, it is your job, but you know there's two sides to that. It's your job to get the information. But also, if you're being told where's the information, it's at the counselor's office, and then the counselor gives you shit information, you're kind of cotton a rut.
Speaker 1: So that's the only thing that you remember. College is good for. It's just networking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's only as good as the institution that you're at.
Speaker 1: Oh Man, for sure, it is gonna get us canceled.
Speaker 2: Good, we should get us canceled. So half the colleges in the country should be canceled as well.
Speaker 1: Why they should they be canceled for everything I just said, beat you a sick DoD dog.
Speaker 2: It's too bad more people don't listen. Do you just kill us?
Speaker 1: I don't even know what to say.
Speaker 3: Dog.
Speaker 2: You want to know what's interesting? Yeah, Well I went to this computer coding class. I spent a few thousand dollars on it, so that I could find out that I was so far behind as a technologically speaking in my mid thirties that I couldn't keep up with the class, so I was able to retain some of my money and leave. The class was full without exception of recent graduates in the field of computer science with bachelor's degrees from cal State Fullerton, cal State Long Beach in cal State LA. Everybody had just walked out of just walked off camps with a degree in computer science to go spend fifteen thousand dollars to learn how to code. So what the fuck were they doing for four years? What the fuck were they doing? Oh me, thirty people in a room. One guy didn't go to fucking college for computer science in the last five years and get a fucking degree. Everybody else got a degree in the field, And what are they running to do? I need to go to a coding crash course class so I can learn how to fucking get a job in the next six months for fifteen thousand out of my pocket. You have gotta be fucking kidding me. What an absolute indictment on every one of those institutions you soaked up ninety thousand dollars per head. So that they could run out, throw another fifteen in the tank because they needed to do something that could get them a job in the field of their study. Man, get the fuck out of here, Get the whole fuck out of here.
Speaker 1: So, in the perfect world, what does college look like?
Speaker 2: In the perfect world, college looks like people with a very deliberate plan, with very deliberate specific majors, going and pursuing a pathway to that career, end through that institution by that pathway, not going and whatever, and not being saddled with eighty units worth of general ed crap. They got to pay for that. No one gives a fuck about. I mean shit, the girl I go out with in Miami, she was just saying, like, Oh, I liked college. I got to meet a lot of people. I got to take weightlifting. They brought you here from the Dominican Republic on a scholarship so she could learn how to go to the fucking gym. You gotta be shitting me. You could have met people at a bus stop, but.
Speaker 1: You don't think that has no value at all. Somebody teaching you about muscles and all of that stuff properly.
Speaker 2: Not at that price. You can go to the fucking gym and give for a couple hundred dollars, get a personal trainer for a couple sessions, and learn how to do some basic shit.
Speaker 1: So you think the marketing of college is what everybody's paying for.
Speaker 2: People are paying for the brand. The reality is most people, particularly when you're younger, you don't have the ability to put forth something that can demonstrate your value to the greater marketplace independent of just holding a piece of paper and saying that guy says I'm viable, because that's all that it is.
Speaker 1: But you don't think it even proves a point that you can.
Speaker 2: Here's a great example of all the people I ever knew in my life. One guy makes way more money than anybody else. This is a dude who grew up in Newport, kind of most mostly like you know, his mom died when he was in middle school. His dad worked kind of abroad, so we had a lot of time to himself, got into computers in the nineties. He went to cal State Fords and got himself a degree in psychology because he wanted to have gone to college because of his LinkedIn and his I forgot what the other There's a couple databases and things where like if you're a computer like real dedicated coder and developer, you can He's never done shit site that. I don't know what the fuck he did that for. I don't know why if he paid for the education, what did he pay for it?
Speaker 1: I said, what if he paid what if he thought the education itself was worth as much money just to be informed and educated on the particular subject. Isn't that what college is for? No, you don't pay.
Speaker 2: That's what the library is for and the internet.
Speaker 1: But that's just a cheaper way to obtain the same thing education.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's the college is not a hobby. It can't be right, should you be so blessed? Yeah, it's a hobby for Bronnie James. College is a hobby for Bronnie James.
Speaker 1: College is a hobby for fucking crying. So what do you anyway?
Speaker 2: Long story short, guy never did a goddamn thing with anything he ever learned in cal State Fullerton. He was able to put up a bunch of demonstrations of the various stuff he was able to produce in software. And the guy makes probably seven figures now on salary. He's what the senior he's a senior software engineer at a publicly traded company worth multiple billions of dollars. Meanwhile, while I was in class trying to learn how to fucking develop software and shit like that with thirty other people who had all gotten computer science degrees and couldn't get their fucking a head from their ass wired straight. So I had to spend another fifteen grand after market. What are we talking here?
Speaker 1: I'm just confused, so were the rest of them.
Speaker 2: There's four trillion dollars worth of Vagagate student debt laying on the shoulders of other people that are confused.
Speaker 1: So you think college as a whole is a complete sham, This is what you're saying to me.
Speaker 2: But I think that colleges have bloated themselves into being a majority big scam. I think that there's a lot of agendas happening on college campuses. That is its own conversation. But by and large, they just continue to add these various dot dot dot hyphen studies all up and down, you know, the course catalog that are non monetizable. It's just stupid hobby nonsense that in the universities get paid the money up front by the taxpayers and then the students threw on the hook to pay the taxpayers back on the back end with interest for what I mean, Well, you learned ancient Russian history. Yep, b have a great time in ancient Russia.
Speaker 1: But what if that's what you paid for antient Russian history?
Speaker 2: Then you got screwed over by somebody who told you you can do you can study whatever the hell you want and there'll be a benefit.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get mook a Mike, so tell moo why college is the greatest scam in life.
Speaker 2: All right, We're gonna try to wind this back again, and I'm gonna try to, you know, start from the start from genesis here. Also, yeah, I'll start from from from zero zero. My initial point is, like you remember, back in two thousand and eight housing crisis, nothing's anybody's fucking fault. Who does something on their own, right, So they said it was the financial institution's fault. They were quote predatory lenders, as if they were out, you know, creeping up on people and thrusting these half a million dollar loans on them, as if people weren't walking into the bank, into the person's office and doing it of their own determination. The real predatory lending in this country is student loans. You have people who are minors at a school that by truancy law, they can't leave as a captive audience, having solicitors from colleges. Go there and tell them you can study whatever the hell you want. Just sign this piece of paper. You'll be admitted to cal state, god knows what, and you can major in Christ who gives a fucking cares and you'll, oh, you know, ninety five thousand dollars, but'll but you'll have the world by.
Speaker 3: The tail, the world by the tale, and eighty.
Speaker 2: Percent of the coursework at most institutions is worth a damn You'll never be able to pay that back. And when there's four trillion dollars an additud student debt to support my point.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's crazy you said, and you're speaking on that. I literally just told my boy I agree with what you said one thousand percent.
Speaker 2: I just told him this is why move got a few other show more offen.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just told him this, and this is straight up. Man. I'm so far out.
Speaker 1: Shout out to my shout out to my motherfucking cousin. Move man, I'm so h uncle, shout out to me. I'm so hot about the school system.
Speaker 3: Fuck him.
Speaker 1: It's hard for me to lie to my son right now that I want him to do all this bullshit to go. Uh, man, I'm about to make I make more money doing this little Oria refinery bullshit than I ever made, man, And I don't have to know shit not like that.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I got to pass a couple of tests in there that they make sure they helped me past.
Speaker 3: The motherfucker.
Speaker 2: But how many? But but I mean you you do need to write a quality essay, right, No, you don't have to write any essays for this.
Speaker 3: I'm not not at all.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I told my son you can ask him right there here, and they're working out right now. I told him, you know what I told him. I said, you're gonna pick you a career. You're gonna you're gonna be some type of craftman. Whether it's gonna be welding, electrician, you're gonna do something with a craft because, bruh, that school ship. You can kiss my ass a man, They lie like a motherfucker. You told me I was gonna have the world out of tale. I got to do all these jump through all these different hoops to really have the world by the tail. Yeah, school, I.
Speaker 2: Was telling him a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: Fuck him.
Speaker 1: Will Bernie Mack saying, fuck them, man, swear, I agree with you. Man, Why does this sound so blasphemous?
Speaker 2: I went to I was telling him this a couple of years ago. I threw a few thousand dollars at this class to try to learn how to code, full stack of computer coding software stuff. Yeah, And after a couple of weeks, I was like, I'm so far behind this. At my age, this is not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was probably thirty people in the class. The other twenty nine. We're all like twenty two year olds who just got a computer science bachelor's from cal State Long Beach, cal State fucking cal State LA.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They, I mean, their fucking diploma was still warm from the printer. In computer science. They had to take out ninety k so that they can run across the street, spend fifteen thousand more so they can have something to get them a job. Yeah, you've got to be kidding me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm cool on it, man. You know, I ain't gonna lie. I'm mad at myself. I did it to make sure that I got a leverage on my kids to tell them, a man, you gotta do what I do, not as I say.
Speaker 3: So. I actually did the shit if that's the route.
Speaker 1: They want to go. But man, it was a waste of time. Man, I could have I could have straight out of eighteen. Right now. I'm telling you right now, my son, whether he's doing great or night, if you get a scholarship in sports or something like.
Speaker 3: That, I'm not gonna say no, you're not going. You're gonna go.
Speaker 1: You're gonna steal from them what.
Speaker 3: You want to steal. But you can go play, you can do all that.
Speaker 1: But in that process, I still tell him right now, you're gonna you're gonna right when you eighteen, you're gonna take some courses to be like I say, welding, electrician, something, computers, tech, whatever you need to do. You're gonna do that to fall back on. You still gonna make good money. Man, These motherfuckers are making fifty five hundred a week. Who making fifty five hundred a week?
Speaker 3: Electricians, welders? And should I do?
Speaker 1: And I was listening to somebody today or yesterday tell me it was oh yeah, Pete. People telling me it was a shortage on electricians, all trade workers, man, like.
Speaker 3: A motherfucker reason I don't feel like doing it.
Speaker 1: I'm just being honest because I'm on the safety side of this ship right now, and I'm still gonna end up making that in a year or two. But it's because I don't feel like going to the school for for for two years, you know what I'm saying, getting the hours behind the welding or something like that.
Speaker 3: But he can do it, so he eighteen, he gonna do it.
Speaker 1: So how much shit is we really gonna say? Are you saying you wouldn't recommend Collie or Braidling the go to school if it wasn't free, like if they let's say, they don't earn a scholarship and then you gotta pay for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm definitely. I'm telling you what I'm telling right now.
Speaker 1: I'm telling him right now, you're gonna We're gonna do some truck and shit, We're gonna do some welding, ship, We're gonna do some electrician shit.
Speaker 3: Man, it's so many other ways that you're gonna make some money.
Speaker 1: But it's really is everybody. I'm not sending you to school, hommy, I'm not sending you to school if it ain't free. Don't you go to school to learn? Is what you learning?
Speaker 3: What the fuck are you learning? You learning what they telling us to learn.
Speaker 2: You can watch YouTube about fucking day and YouTube and learn nonsense facts philosophy.
Speaker 1: No I six refrigerator at the house.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm not telling motherfucker to go to school.
Speaker 1: Man, you gonna pick up some type of fucking trade that's gonna make you some money.
Speaker 3: Look for some ship that make you some money. In college. They're not doing that. In college. They gonna tell you to get up.
Speaker 1: You go. You're gonna go these certain different ways trade school, that's something different. You gonna go in a specific area, a specific craft. You're gonna make some money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a normal campus. All they're teaching you how to navigate is your way through campus. Yeah, they just teach you how to go through the thing, get your piece of paper, and then they just sent in and you're just out there.
Speaker 3: Then you just out there like another.
Speaker 2: Girl girl I know who hung out with buy somethings in town. All just typically death with herself. Thirty four years old, got her bachelor's degree in psyched from cal State LA. Got a couple of honors on it.
Speaker 3: No mean shit.
Speaker 2: She's doing nails now the same way she was doing fucking nails before she did.
Speaker 3: All that ship.
Speaker 1: It don't mean ship because you know why, because that degree he gonna she gotta go through.
Speaker 3: Okay, then you gotta go get your masters.
Speaker 1: Then you gotta go get your you gotta become a license.
Speaker 3: Ye, Then that's when you're gonna make you money.
Speaker 2: Then if you really want to have a private practice and make money money, you have to prove yourself to be market viable in a competitive field against other psychiatrists.
Speaker 3: Fuck that waste of time.
Speaker 1: I'll burn that motherfucker if I had to, I wish I could, Sam, I'll burn my ship.
Speaker 3: I'm mad as a motherfucker man. Eighteen humy, you guys could have been trucking years.
Speaker 1: They will stood the motherfucking uh, the motherfucking recession.
Speaker 3: Come on, man.
Speaker 1: But so, but all y'all saying is you went to school with a goal of making money. Hell, you got to get educated.
Speaker 3: You learned. I learned some ship. I learned some ship.
Speaker 1: But isn't the point I didn't learn learn some ship.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 1: I learned some ship, and I won't see my kids to do that. That's what I'm glad I win. Is it the point in school to get education?
Speaker 3: Though education? And what.
Speaker 1: I mean wouldever you choose to get education, You choose your classes, you choose the education you take. But what you then already learned, so what they didn't already teach you, and you know, he got his own perspective on it. But whatever they that taught me in high school, in grade school wasn't shit that I use. I don't even use the shit. So then when I went to college. You going to college, this is why your first two years be damn near general education because you don't know what the fuck you want to do. They ain't taught you about nothing that's gonna make you no money.
Speaker 2: And interestingly enough, all the general ed crap is all non monetizable. They don't expose you to anything in the first two years that could ever translate anywhere unless they wanted to just be a professor fuck over the next guy coming in.
Speaker 1: So in other words, you're saying people take advantage of your ignorance because you don't know what you want, and me your parents putting pressure on you and go to.
Speaker 2: Skills and on top of that. The people who are careerist in that ecosystem, they don't know what's outside of the ecosystem. There's a couple professors who go in there who had been professionals, who come back and teach a course, or to the full timers who were there from eighteen through postgraduate just walked right back in the fucking first door. They don't know shit about shit. That's why there were multiple classes that I was in that had the fucking dean used to sit behind me because I was emasculating the professor. I wasn't trying to do that, I thought. And at ASU, it's funny. There's a lot of retirees in the Phoenix area. So you get these old timers who come in and want to finish their degree before they kick the bucket because Christ knows why. They apparently their fixed incomes can accommodate such stupidity, but they want to do it so whatever, So they come in, they sit there, they're slow, they ask dumb questions, they're detached from, you know, everything by four decades. I just thought that lady was another one of them. She was the fucking dean of the school. Man I got called into her office. I'm like, what are you Why are you sitting over there? She's like, what do you mean? I'm like, well, who are we meeting with? She's like, you're meaning with me. I'm like the lady from behind me.
Speaker 3: The lady from behind like, fuck, that's check the check.
Speaker 2: I don't even know it's a dean.
Speaker 1: These motherfuckers. Hey, man, man, I'm telling you, man, I trade right now. My daughter. She will make more money kyleee right now. And she don't even understand this. She will make more money doing braids then going to college.
Speaker 3: You want to go. But see, this is what I realized.
Speaker 1: They put that shit in you so much, whether it's been on TV, you know, whether it's being your mom and your daddy. You need to go to college, you need to do this. So now it's just stuck in people's head to do it.
Speaker 2: At the girl taking the dinner later, she who breaks off fifty second, She makes like four hundred dollars a day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wish.
Speaker 2: I don't know why she's so perpetually broke. That's another conversation. But she makes the money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you.
Speaker 1: Said so, y'all, y'all, So there's something in my mind that wants me to go to school right and get the degree in pharmacy, So y'all would recommend me not to get the degree in from So you're going.
Speaker 2: To if there's a linear path to either owning or becoming a pharmacist, sure, then do that. Don't go and major in whatever the.
Speaker 1: Fuck studies and just if you, if you look back, most most freshmen go ahead. I'm listening. No, most freshmen have no idea who they want to and they didn't change their major once twice or whatever.
Speaker 3: So this's the thing. Is different.
Speaker 1: You going at this point in your life, You're gonna have a whole different So I'm going for specific right, right, that's different. But these kids they going because they Mama told them to go, or they dad told them to go, or TV told them to go.
Speaker 3: They don't know what they want to do in life at all.
Speaker 2: And even if they know what they want to do as a profession, there's not even dog shit decent information to tell you what you have to do at the campus to even do that. I mean other than doctor, lawyer, okay, law school, med school, I mean most professions. I don't think people have any idea, Like if you wanted to sell commercial real estate. What major would you pursue for that? No one fucking knows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, it's just I'm cool only so you're saying the reason they can get dissolved, Well, so, oh so this is why you call it his greatest scam in America, and they're pushing it. The hotears is kind of influence. Kids are influenced.
Speaker 2: It's because the current generation of leadership at the institutions is writing the coattails of previous generations that built up a value that they have squandered, and that's piped in with the money trail of student loans and grants where they're getting siphoned huge amounts of cash out of the tax pool, and the fact that they're all tax exempt and they get massive donations and they have massive endowments, and they have massive tax free earnings offset endowments. So a regular school to have a two billion dollar endowment, that's not crazy, but you're probably gonna make two hundred million dollars in tax free money for the institution just off the endowment of stagnant cash.
Speaker 3: They preaching workers, man, they want you to be workers.
Speaker 1: That's all I say you. You they want you to work for somebody else. They want your brain to think the way they want it to be. But God to come to a space to where most people are going to work for somebody else. But that's what they're teaching. They're preaching that. Yeah, I don't even know the preaching it they preaching because.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's not I don't think the problem.
Speaker 1: Then what is the problem?
Speaker 2: The problem is, Okay, if you're if you're the type of person who goes to college, you're probably the type of person who wants to go to college to find a job working for somebody else for the most part. But I think, but with that in mind, there is no with within again, sixty men units you have to take, you know, that are narrow in general. None of that includes the course that says, here's what different fields of professional work in the marketplace earned. Here are the majors that lead into these different fields. Here's where the where each of these majors will lead you professionally. Here's what post education you have, Here's the cost of that, Here's what there that will go. That should be a class. Did you take that class?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I didn't take the class with the four schools, didn't take the class. Neverond heard of that class.
Speaker 1: So you said college is just a fantastic business.
Speaker 2: It is if you're a professor, a dean, or a what do they call the other.
Speaker 1: People, I'm cool on them, fuck them. I disagree with them all the way. Now, man, if you don't got a direction, I thought college made sense for the education. I thought that's what you paid for. That's why Fudge was doing what he was doing, just chilling getting information because he wasn't tripping. Oh, higher learning. Yeah, that's what you pay for college for to get education. Nah, that's what college. You paid for.
Speaker 3: Educate me on how to get some money.
Speaker 1: But why would you go to college to make money?
Speaker 2: But that's what that's that's what it's always better.
Speaker 3: That's what it's promoted.
Speaker 1: That's what you think, and that's what they telling you, even when you're in grade school, when you're in the twelfth grade, and oh man, when you want to make some money, Yeah, when you go to yeah you're gonna, man, you're gonna you're gonna be well, you know what, I'm starting to realize being sober, bro, I hear every I listened completely different because I never got that that's good show to college if you want to make money. And the funniest part.
Speaker 3: Is that's what college all we got.
Speaker 1: I was going I was going to college. My intentions of going to college was to be a pharmacist. Like that was always straight and narrow, like, Okay, you're going to be a pharmacist. Go to AZUSA Pacific. They have a great pharmacy program. Go so to a pharmacy, open up your own pharmacist. That was that was my path at twelve Pharmacy a ZUSA Pacific pharmacy. And the problem is, at that time, pharmacies only made sixty thousand dollars a year. When I started selling dope, it still wasn't that great rock, you know what I'm saying. I pretty much got really hot into the chain and it wasn't worth it. I didn't see it, so I was just financing college. When I started selling PCP, I was like, wait a minute, it's fifty was it fifty two? Fifty four weeks in the year sixty thousand, that's twelve hundred dollars a week. I was making twelve hundred dollars every three days selling sharp. I was like, what the fuck I'm paying y'all for being aformacist. Right, so obviously that was children short sighted. Right, You're not even thinking and it's crazy to saying you're not thinking about prison, you're not thinking about all these things you like, I'm trying to have I could be making Wait a minute, twelve, I can make it twelve hundred dollars a day. I can make it two thousand dollars a day on this shit. So I never got going to college means you make more money, or you go to college to make money.
Speaker 3: See, and that's shot.
Speaker 1: We always thought you go to college for education.
Speaker 3: We want to education and a profession that's gonna make you some money.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, what the that's how you're gonna be successful. You're gonna be successful with this degree in this area because that's gonna make you some money. Yeah, but how could that be true? Like what like okay, Like I can see if you because every school that made money it was another school on top school. So that's how I looked at it too. Even that young. I was like, because you know, doctors go to school for like another you know, six years, like you gotta go to medical fuck college. Now you go to this medical school. Every school outside of pharmacy, Like so unless you was going to like to be a therapist or a psychologist, and then I don't know what they see if they want to make if they want to get more money.
Speaker 3: That's the point you're going for.
Speaker 1: Like, what's the best job you can get being a bachelor getting a bachelor's degree?
Speaker 2: It depends.
Speaker 1: A bachelor's in medicine, is what could you do with it? Could you even get a bachelor's in metal?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Like if you had a pre mad and just walked out the door with a pre mat, is it a no?
Speaker 1: Because pre mad is like two years after college? Nah, you pre mad after the first four years? Yeah, major, I think you could be a nurse in for it, like a registered nurse in four or five years on a normal cad like that. Man, So, what's the most amount of money you can make with a bachelor's in school?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: What? What? At least in the field of education. That's a great question.
Speaker 2: What do you mean in the field of education?
Speaker 1: Like like like let's say if you're looking up bachelors and you're like, I wanted to go to school and get a bachelor's degree and blah blah blah because I want to make this much money and you never do the bachelors.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of you know, education, it depends on your pay structure and the institution.
Speaker 1: So I'm saying, let's say you went to USC. If you go to USC and you got a bachelor's and something engineered, well, okay, program.
Speaker 2: I'll put I could dial up fifteen former USC student athletes. That's in my phone right now. Was was one of whom is a waitress at PF Chanks another one.
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm not saying obviously somehow they're not using the degree like sugar free. See.
Speaker 2: Well, and that's what and that's where it comes into it, where it's networking right sure, And it's the best money you're going to get out of a bachelor's degree is what you can leverage just the social proximity for into getting into the right position and a pay structure that is performance based. I mean, truth be told, you could meet some nineteen year old kid with a rich dad having cocktails at the bar. If you demonstrate that you're like an extraordinarily competent, you might be able to get a job interview. And as the interview, I mean my starting pay I had like fifty plus a whole bunch of benefits out the door. When I left college, Yeah, my degree yet I just wander around and I was a very proactive student. So I was doing different internship with companies and I was dealing with like there was a group called they had the Sports Business Association, and they had introduced to another group people. I forgot what the hell they were, but they had brought a bunch. They were a headhunter group, and they had set up a bunch of interviews for different people, this line of companies that were there trying to find people. I just crushed the interview. I had no business getting that job. And the people my follow up interview was I was an ASU student who hadn't had his degree yet, interviewing against USC graduates, I got the position. I got a better vision than them. There were two people who got hired by the company in my office from USC and UCLA, and I had a better position than their position. That had nothing to do at all with the school at all. The fact that I could walk in and I just interviewed the other people into the ground.
Speaker 1: On average, having a Bacheldor's in California is going to get thirty fifty three thousand, twenty five percent, it's thirty eight thousand. So you wanted to know that number, Give it to me a give fifty three thousand, four hundred ninety dollars.
Speaker 2: That's twenty six bucks an hour.
Speaker 1: And be real with you, and how much does it cost you to get that degree?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, if you're in state now, it's probably room and bored us over twenty ker year. It's probably eighty thousand dollars five thousand dollar commitment.
Speaker 1: Now is that worth it?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take like this.
Speaker 1: Can you get that job? You can't get that job.
Speaker 2: I'll put it this way.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you like this right now, I'm gonna use me. Fuck everybody else. I ain't gonna use my masters. I'm gonna use me right now. I didn't have my masters. I didn't looked at my salaries that I made with my with in that field, in that specific field. I didn't made between the fifty three like it just said, in the thirty eight over six seven years of that last year, last year, one year in this oil refinery. One year I made seventy one. You know how many classes I took? They paid for them all every class I took they paid for. The only only class they didn't pay for it was my already. So on my twig, I paid two hundred and twenty five dollars for a RS so card I paid one hundred and twenty something for a twig. I made seventy one thousand. Oh I forgot this part. Then I have more time off as well. I have more time I could do what I'm doing right now, picking kids up and working them out.
Speaker 2: So there it is.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't need to use no other example. I'm gonna use me.
Speaker 2: That's a fine example.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but wouldn't that be rooted in the fact that your whole purpose at that point is making money when you go to school? Is that why you're saying most people go to school is to make money? Man, I was having gratification helping kids, That's what I was doing. Then I want to make money in that process, right because I got to provide for my kids fair So you know, at some point it's everything's gonna come down to you need some money because you got to provide for yourself. Facts. So there you got it. So the first thing I did was go with the interests. Now it ain't that interesting. No more to me, Man, fuck them kids, and I focus on my own goddamn kids. And I'll take this oil refinery money so that I.
Speaker 3: Can get I can get gratification by coaching. That's me helping kids.
Speaker 1: This is gonna be excellent to listen to people comment about this.
Speaker 2: Fuck them too, yeah to me unless you're and this is the issue, like as as happens a lot in various areas of the economy and history, universities, generations ago, not in the medieval times, but you know, one hundred years ago, there were not a ton of them. They weren't very big, and you had to pay for them yourself, you know, like to go. So there were tremendous barriers of entry and participation. What that created was value through exclusivity and scarcity. People thought, well, I've am boxed out. I can't get access to that value because of the exclusivity. So policies were changed, college student population exploded, the pendulum of supply and demand was inverted, and now the value is gone. And other than basically that same handful of original institutions that were able to sustain the integrity of their.
Speaker 1: Value institutions, institutions all this shit institutions. Man, the trays that the motherfucker looked just like the penitentiary institution when you're going through school. Man, come on, man, I'm cool on these motherfuckers.
Speaker 3: Man, fucking you get your trade and get you some bread all that other shit. The educate.
Speaker 1: You can educate yourself. You could pick up books. You can go to the library and pick up books. Man, you want to learn something, You got this magic box. Now, look that ship up. What you're trying to what you're trying to learn, what you're trying to get educated on? Go ahead and pick this magic box up and google it. Yeah, that's a fact. You ain't gotta go get how much is debt? Eighty thousand dollars a year? Go getting that. Fuck that.
Speaker 2: I learned more valuable monetizable information in the last five years I did the whole five.
Speaker 3: Years I was in college by far.
Speaker 1: Not man. I'm done. Good looking out for tuning in to the Note Sellers podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate, comment, and share. This episode was recorded right here on the West coast of the USA and produced by my homeboys A King for the Black Effect Podcast Network and I heard radio year