Speaker 1: A bush bear can ante lack dad baby on my back?
Speaker 2: What damn it'll sound like a motor.
Speaker 3: And you are the women everywhere w on the pace of peas baby.
Speaker 2: Good morning, swiml and welcome to the Now Dams podcast on the Athletic Network. It's Monday, July fifth, Happy fifth everyone. I'm j E. Skeets, rolling with the homie task Millis.
Speaker 4: What what's up?
Speaker 5: Everybody?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 2: Task got Patasha hot boy up there, Trey Kirby, he he the international man of mystery taking it to the max leelis friend. Finally the man making the match a cap in jd. Hello there is here. We are shout out to the stream team here this morning, joining us live on YouTube. Take a quick second, everybody, smash that like button on the video and if you haven't subscribed to No Dunks on YouTube, keep sending in your questions and your comments for the next Beach Step in podcast. Email them in No Dunks at the Athletic dot com. Best way to get him in and finally, go grab your No dunks merch over at No dunks dot com. We got No Dunk's NBA Finals collection up. Yes, Milwaukee Bucks fans can get their No Dunks version of their logo. There got the horns. And then of course we showed you this last week the Suns, the Photoshop Boys meet the Valley Boys. So go grab those over at No dunks dot com. How's everybody doing this morning? Everybody have a good weekend. Lee, You're still in New York riding subways and looking at lego and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: The boys really combined risky business with movie Big at Fao Schwartz on Saturday afternoon as well. Interesting that was sliding up and down in their socks on the piano like Tom Cruise and then doing the you know that little piano tune on from Big there.
Speaker 4: So that was a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: And then uh, and then I took in took in the baseball yesterday Yankees Mets Big Subway Series rivals there out at Yankee Stadium, standing room only, the only way to watch. There was three things that were chanted yesterday. One was few Mets, one was a few Yankees, and the other one.
Speaker 4: Was us us None. I was like, can we mix it up a little bit up here?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 4: Come on?
Speaker 2: Did did judge Sucker Dinger for you?
Speaker 3: No? Unfortunately, judge.
Speaker 4: He couldn't stuck a dinger.
Speaker 3: I think he judge all rise, yeah, I think I think he got on base.
Speaker 4: I think that was all he got.
Speaker 3: He sort of sort of just lobbed one into sort of empty empty field there, whatever you call that, and got onto first.
Speaker 4: But down.
Speaker 3: I was, I was, I had the camera ready. I was a man of judge. He socks a dinger. This is going to be great because the other thing is I'd love to do I've probably been fifty baseball games, and I've probably more never caught a foul ball, never caught a ball in the outfield. Love to have caught one, you know, deep in the bleachers at Yankee Stadium. That would have been fantastic. But dassy, I was thinking of it yesterday. Man, this game was going okay, it was moving along, okay. Fourth inning, Oh my god, moved the ball along please the Yankees Garrett Garrett call I think his name is the pitcher, gave up three runs, right, three runs in the inning. Well just to know, so so what happened was what happened was, you know, the coach comes out and the sort of the infield players come around me.
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 3: You know, usually the manager puts his hand out and he has to put the ball in and he's off.
Speaker 4: But he didn't do that.
Speaker 3: He must have sort of said, all right, just you know, keep can't compose yourself.
Speaker 4: So he goes back to the mound.
Speaker 3: You know, everyone goes back to their positions at the reft or the umpire does that little like, come on, guys, break it up. So he goes back to the mound, right, and the innings has already been going for like half an hour at this point, and where I was standing, I could sort of there was a TV screen as well, so I could see everything. So then the catcher looks at the manager and he comes back and he does the little, you know, little finger thing like this, and Garret Car's like, he does it again.
Speaker 4: Throw the fucking ball, man, We've been here for like forty five minutes.
Speaker 2: Just throw it.
Speaker 4: You're going to get pulled off here anyway.
Speaker 2: What are you doing? Like a standing formally tickets to a big smart game hits a little differently. Maybe then.
Speaker 3: It's not bad though, because if you if you want to be behind the mount or behind the plate there, you can do that. Or if you want to be out in the cheap seats. It's it's also great, So it's good. It's I think it's a great way to.
Speaker 2: Watch a game.
Speaker 5: So how long this game go? You think, oh, it's not the fastest of the four major sports.
Speaker 4: I think, oh my god.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: So the game started at two o'clock.
Speaker 3: It was a double headed yesterday because it got rained out on Friday, So it start at two o'clock. I had like a party to get to in Brooklyn at like five thirty or six o'clock. I'm like, two o'clock. I should be done by four, four thirty. Maybe I slip out after the eighth of it. Yeah, it's like fourth fifth and I'm like, guys, come on, move it along. We've got another game to play here today. So anyway, the Yankees blew the save. The guy I can't remember his name, fans don't like him. He blew the save. They lose that, but then they won the second one last night. I will say impressive stadium. Yankee Stadium a little difficult to get any vegetarian options, I'll say that much. There's not a lot for the.
Speaker 4: There's not a lot of vegetarian it.
Speaker 1: Was.
Speaker 3: It was, Oh, I should have taken I can't believe in take a photot the popcorn. You should see the bucket of popscorn and they give out there. It's just gigantic. So I ended up having to eat French fries there because that was the only thing.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I'm just like, it's wings, it's burgers, it's dogs, you know, And I'm just like the fourth of July.
Speaker 1: You got a baseball game on the fourth of July. A man's got it down.
Speaker 2: It was a real you know what.
Speaker 3: I will say though, I think baseball brings fans together because even though there was channing, there was no fighting in the crowd.
Speaker 4: Everyone was having a great time.
Speaker 3: I was talking to people, I was asking people to take photos for us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got it, man.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. It's supposed to be an NBA finals a production podcast. But let's do another twenty only in New York.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, let's have one more question. You said that baseball brings people together. You wanted popcorn, but it's too big. Do you ever think about being in that lineup and saying to somebody, hey, you want to split that bucket and you don't need that much popcorn?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean I was talking to this couple actually, and I thought maybe this is the angle here because there's three of us, and I said, maybe we can split this because they were talking about buying a T shirt. And this guy was like, do you think my wave would think it looks Do you think my wife would think I look dinner in this?
Speaker 4: We're having a great old time. Oh man, it was so did you go solo?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I just went solo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because standing room tickets were forty bucks. The cheapest seat four hundred and forty dollars, so I wanted standing room anyway. I was prepared to pay for a seat, but I was like four hundred and forty.
Speaker 5: So who took that stage photo of you?
Speaker 3: I'm saying, that's my man, that's my that's my friend.
Speaker 4: Aye, buddy, he said when he left.
Speaker 2: Have you heard one single? I'm walking here yet?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Good fun, good fun. At the ball game July the fourth, Yankees Mets. You know, tick that one off the bucket list for sure. Just I know they've made some improvements in the game spaded in the last few years. I think there's a few mold I could work on.
Speaker 2: But you know, all right, well, let's start moving along this podcast too. It's like ten minutes ino, we haven't even started talking about the NBA Finals because we got our matchup. So let's break it down, let's make our predictions, all that good stuff. Let's see her from the stream team too. You know, who do you like? Bucks or Suns? How many games? But this finals matchup, I mean it's We've got two of the longest suffering franchises in the league when it comes to titles. At least Sons have never won one. They've been around a long time and the Bucks only championship back in nineteen seventy one, so real long time ago. But keys to the series tasks, let's jump right into it. What do you got your eye on or what's the big storyline for this NBA Finals matchup that tips on Tuesday night? They moved it up a little shocking. I was very happy to see that was going to be originally scheduled for Thursday, but it's up to Tuesday now. But what do you watch it?
Speaker 5: Well, it starts with Yanni Stetakoopo from the Bucks side. You know, we can get into all the keys, but if the Bucks don't have Yanisten, they're not winning their first title in forty years. I think that is clear. So when is he coming back? And when should he come back? Because yeah who? Sports Chris Haynes reported on Friday that there was a belief Air Quotes belief Yannis would have cleared to play in Game seven had the Hawks won Game six. So now they get extra day's rest, and there's some people out there thinking, you know, they did move the finals up. Maybe you save him for games three and four at home where you're more likely to win, give him some extra rest that he was expecting. But I think that's a little bokers. I think you get him back as soon as possible. And game seven would have been the day we're recording here today, a day before the finals. So I think you get him in in game one, get him comfy, because it takes a game or two to get the guys comfy again with Yanies. I know that he's their centerpiece, but just look what happened with Trey Young there in game six. It takes a little bit and so play around him. I think that that period where you're getting a little bit more acclimated again, back to Gannis being your centerpieces, it's more important to do that in games one, in Games two, and then be good for games three, in games four. I don't think you wait, just get him back. And the fact is we saw what the Bucks did there in games five in game six without him. The injury has brought those dudes together. They absolutely stepped up. It's it's a little bit of you know, a Cinderellas story. It's a good story. Those guys stepped up, mainly Drew Holiday, but also Brook Lopez and Bobby Porters. So if you bring him back now when he's not one hundred percent, maybe Drew Holiday still feels that flow, he still feels that same way where Yannis isn't sucking up all the possessions if he isn't one hundred percent, and so maybe Holiday can learn to step up be that aggressive dude that we saw in game five and game six. Cuz if Holiday, Brook and Bobby I'll play that way, you know, along with Chris Middleton, with Yannis in the lineup, then the title is absolutely theirs. So we can we can get it. Let's let's get into the actual, you know, break it down matchups type thing, but it starts with Janison. I think get him in there, get him in there to marrow game one. I think you've got to if he's somewhat healthy, don't just wait, make sure he is extremely healthy. I think that would be a mistake because then you know you can give up those games in the middle of the series.
Speaker 2: Well, let's get into a particular matchup, Lee, what do you got your eye on?
Speaker 3: Well, I think the Milwaukee Bucks have to win the big man matchup between Brook low Pez and DeAndre Ayton. I think you've got sort of young legs in DeAndre eighton versus the older, bigger, stronger Brook low Pez. And look, Brook Lopez has been very good at times throughout these playoffs for Milwaukee's been a good player for most of the time he's been there. He has the ability to spread the floor. We know he can shoot that three pointer, and he can also go inside and kind of be a bit of a bully there. So this is going to be a bit of an old fashioned sort of matchup too, big legit centers out there playing against each other. But DeAndre Ayton has been so good for the Phoenix Suns these entire playoffs, so Brook's going to have his hands full at the other end.
Speaker 4: But I just.
Speaker 3: Wonder if Budenholz had just tries to maybe get DeAndre Ayton into five our trouble at some point, get him off the floor if he can, because the backup centers for Phoenix are so much less intimidating in Dario Sharich and potentially Frank Kaminski and I just think that what you don't.
Speaker 1: Think that push that Frank Komenski give to Patrick Bli and Timody Shehulder.
Speaker 3: Run, I just feel that, you know, again without Yannis for you know, how however long he's out, the Bucks don't have many advantages, but this is one that's potentially in their favor, just because you know, when brook Lopez makes his presence felt he can be a very effective player. So he's got to he's got to stop Deondrea. I think if DeAndre e gets into that pick and roll game, that's bad for the Milwaukee Bucks. I think if your low Pez, you can sort of hang back a little bit and maybe give up at least that mid range load a game.
Speaker 2: You'd be giving up a whole sun jumpers from Kroh and Devin Booker and pick and know.
Speaker 3: But I mean, I mean in terms of eight and I'm saying, like, if you you don't want to get eight and sort of roll into the rim too much, you have to give up one of those things. I mean, if you're going to give up anything to him. Now, obviously in a in Paul and Booker, yes, you need to go up there and contest, But if that leaves eight and alone at the rim, then that's also bad for Milwaukee. So they don't have a lot of advantages. But I just sort of think that Brook, as we saw at times against the Hawks, you know, he's a handful down lock and Cappella and Gallinari and John Collins struggled to really sort of contain him. So I think that's where Milwaukee has potentially a chance to win that matchup. But if Ayton destroys Brook Lopez in this series, then I think it's going to be it's going to be over very quickly for Milwaukee because I think they've got so many other options. But I think that that's where Lopez has to really stand tall and be great so he can be and again, if he's spreading the floor, if he's hitting those threes, pulling eight and away from the basket, that is good for Milwaukee.
Speaker 4: For the Bucks. So that's what he needs to do. He needs to be on his game from the start.
Speaker 2: Got all of the bigs there, Lee's got his eye on it. That's usually Trey Kirby's lane, but Lee's locked in on it. But what do you got, Trey? What are you watching?
Speaker 1: Well? I hope you got your tickets for the Chris Middleton. Ferris will because if the Bucks are going to win the title, I think he's got to be their best player. Like Tessa saying, with Giannis, that is really the question here. If he plays, if he's one hundred percent, which seems unlikely to me, I mean that changes everything because there's no matchup for Giannis on the Suns. Like Jay Crowder did a pretty solid job last year with the Heat, but he's still four inches shorter or whatever it is. So that's a big question. But assuming Giannis isn't going to be Yiannis the way he has been, Middleton needs to be awesome. Chris Middleton. He needs to be top of the Ferires wheel. Middleton. We saw it a couple of times versus the Hawks. He had twenty points in the fourth quarter of Game three, had sixteen in a row, finished scoring twenty three in the third quarter of Game six really ended the game, ended the series right there. But Chris Middleton also had the loading face six of twenty three in Game one, six of seventeen in Game three. Ferris wheels are only fun when you got the good view, and looking at these matchups, the Bucks have to get the best from Middleton because Drew Holliday is going to have his hands full. I think he's either going to be tasked with slowing down Chris Paul little bit or if it's Devin Booker who's on fire, Drew Holliday's probably garden Devin Booker there. So you need Middleton to be aggressively looking to get buckets and basically matching what Booker is going to be given the Suns because they just with Dante DiVincenzo, feels like Booker should run wild a little bit in this series, so you need Middleton to cancel him out. I think he's going to be matched up most likely with Michale Bridges, maybe Jake Crowder and Middleton can win both of those matchups. I would think the other question is going to be who guards Devin Booker, because if you're asking Middleton to be the number one guy on offense and then go out there and slow down Devin Booker. That's a huge ask. But there's a reason Chris Middleton is sometimes an All star, right skeets. He looks amazing sometimes, and he can do it on both ends. When he's playing his absolute best. He was nails in games four, five, and six, really, I thought for the Bucks in that Hawks series. So if he's able to ride that momentum into the finals, that's big time for Milwaukee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta say I was looking. I got one of those emails right on some weird an email thread here. I always get these NBA Finals odds and ends and stuff like that, and they got the finals MVP odds Chris Paul the odds on favorite for finals MVP. Of course you would have the Sons probably winning in that scenario, Booker second, then Yannis and then Middleton. You know, like decent odds because I think you're right. Guys like or Trey like, if the Bucks win this and honest isn't one hundred percent who knows if he even plays like first off, I mean, Chris Middleton for them to win has to be thirty points per game Chris Middleton, I think. So it's like, wouldn't be that far fetched to see him like win rightfully a finals MVP. So those odds seem like a little like juicy, a little interesting. Not that I'm betting on Chris Middleton, because that's one issue, like the pharrispel does go down eventually, but he was awesome one of the last little stretch, and so was Drew Holiday in game six. I was down at the Fortress on Saturday night against the Hawks. There were like three or four plays where we were all looking at each other like what the hell did Drew Holiday just do there? Like spinning on guys and up and unders, and like he was amazing, I thought.
Speaker 1: In game six, so he calls the door when he hit that lefty in the lane, like the Hawks were coming back, the Fortress was rocking, and Drew Holliday just went through five guys and finished at the rim with a lefty and it was like, okay, Bucks win, Bucks win.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he suddenly turned into Kyrie for a couple positions, like what the hell's going on here? But that's to me, like you said it, you guys have like sort of touched on it. Already, like, can Holiday, Like, can he slow down Chris Paul, who we know has been amazing when he's played, He like really turns the ball over one hundred and twenty two assists, only twenty two turnovers here in the playoffs for Chris Paul, So can Holiday make him uncomfortable? And then also bring it on the other end, And again, that might be Holiday on Chris, it might be him on Booker if he's got it going because Middleton cancel him down or whatever. That matchup is so holy crap. Drew Holiday has to be special. I think if there's no honest or depleted honest for them to pull this off. But he's like when those two guys, Middleton and Drew play well on the same night. The Bucks are a tough out task and a lot of the times it's only one or the other. But we saw in that last series or a couple nights there, especially when Honest went down, where both those guys were amazing. They looked like you know, all star all NBA guys in Drew and Chris.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Chris Middleton won two games for the Milwaukee Bucks last series. Trey brought up those those two quarters where he scored twenty plus. He won Game three, and he won Game six. He really did. And yeah, Drew Holliday jumped on his back and was the third best star or the third story that the Bucks have always wanted. They just had to, you know, without Yiannis in the lineup, that's how they were going to win.
Speaker 4: And yeah, they stepped up.
Speaker 5: I mean, it just feels like the clubhouse, the locker room is feeling good. But Middleton didn't really have a great defensive matchup for him on the Atlanta Hawks. You know, they had Kevin Herder on him, and then Cam Reddish came off the bench and was really solid. Nate McMillan calling Cam Reddish a guy with Paul George potential. It's hard to argue that. But that was the spare minutes there, and you know, Cam Reddish just coming back from injury. I think he would have been the best matchup for Chris Milton. But Chris Middleton was licking his chops against the Atlanta Hawk, So this is going to be different. Going to gets up Michel Bridges. Bridges is huge and a lot longer than anybody that the Hawks really had on him for good stretches, So what is Chris Middleton going to be able to do against this team?
Speaker 1: That's the thing.
Speaker 5: I mean, you see the matchups really change in this one. We saw Chris Paul score forty plus in that last game. If Drew Holiday is sticking him this is it's not going to be an easy series for Chris Paul and same goes for Chris Middleton on the other side. And then I thought Devin Booker would just feel so good to be free of the shackles of Patrick Beverly going into the finals here. But I think it's going to be annoying as well going into this series. I know you guys talk about pac conton Dante DiVincenzo being out, but I think they try and stick the slower PJ. Tucker on him as much as possible, try and try and just get under his skin like Patrick Beverly did, because he started off the series well in the Western Conference finals and then you know, he got his shots up, he got his numbers up, but he didn't shoot a good percentage. He wasn't his his self and I think he's gonna feel good going into Game one. I think the Bucks would be smart to try and piss him off like they did with Patrick Beverly, Like the Clippers did with Patrick Beverly. Excuse me in in the Western Conference finals, just anger him, get Tucker on him. That's his job. I think. I think Tucker doesn't have a good a good matchup otherwise he's out there for defense. You throw him on Jake Crowder and Michel Bridges is kind of a waste. You know, books should be a lot faster than PJ. Tucker, of course, but I think that's that's you gotta get dirty. I think that's that's that's that's that's the really interesting thing here, Paul versus Holiday, Yeah, Tucker versus Booker, Middleton versus Bridges. I mean, it's just.
Speaker 2: Are you excited for these finals? Because obviously you're seeing even some people in the stream team like saying like they're shitting on these finals, like they're like, who cares Bucks versus Sons? You sound hyped? Tasks? And do you think? I mean, I don't care really ultimately about ratings, but it'll be I'm fascinated to see how many people tune into this because these are not you know, huge big market cities here, NBA teams. What do you think I like basketball.
Speaker 5: I'm tuning in.
Speaker 2: I think I hear you.
Speaker 5: I hear you. There's there's gonna be people who are turned off, no doubt, no doubt. Yeah, it's not it may not be juicy enough. Yanis would definitely help out. He's got to come back. But yeah, I get it. I mean, it's it's Milwaukee Phoenix, two two franchises that haven't won historically. The Superstar storylines are sort of shared with Den Booker and Chris Paul and Phoenix and then you know without Yanni's Yeah, it's it's not it's not great in terms of the big market attraction. But man, they've been playing so so well. So yeah, I've I've again, there hasn't been a crap ton of blowouts in these playoffs. It's been really, really entertaining to watch two teams staying close to each other. And I expect this to happen, you know, for the next couple of weeks here for sure.
Speaker 2: Wild stat from the Sporting News Jordan Greer. I saw Bobby Portis and Jake Prowder have each scored eleven points or more in seven playoff games this year each right, and when they do, the combined record for their teams is thirteen and one. Basically, just like if those guys contribute eleven or more points here in the playoffs, they generally win. There was one game that they didn't. I think Port has had eleven in a loss to the Hawks. There, but those guys, I mean there are X factors, No doubtly. Is there anyone else that you would include in the mix? Are we going to see, like, you know, can Campaign change a quarter again or a game? Or someone on the Bucks?
Speaker 3: What do you say, Cam Campaign? Cam Johnson as well, he's been good for the Suns. But yeah, yeah, Cam Cam and Chris Chris, that's too well, Actually Cam Cam run the same team Chrim Stuart, well, you know he's interested in you know when you were asking tests, I mean, you've got the number two Phoenix Suns versus the number three Milwaukee Bucks. So it's not as though either of these teams weren't legit contenders when the playoffs started here. I mean the Milwaukee Bucks, could you know, they were probably the favorite. Maybe Brooklyn I spose coming into the season. Now obviously Yannis is not there, but they were embarrassed. Remember after Game two against the Brooklyn Nets. So They've had to overcome some adversity to get to where they are now. They've deserved to be in the finals.
Speaker 4: They had to.
Speaker 3: You know, they were trailing against the Nets, they were trailing against the Hawks, they lose Yannis and they still fight through a win. So for me, I don't care at all that it's not you know, Nets and Lakers, as we possibly thought before the playoff started. I think both of these teams are deserving. The Phoenix Suns themselves, I mean, they were down to one against the Lakers. I think I called a douchey on deck in that series, and they fought back and overcame the Lakers. I mean it turned out. I mean, I think before the playoffs it was like, oh, this is a terrible matchup for the Suns. They're going to get smoked by the Lakers. And they didn't. They won that series. You know, they had to overcome the Denver Nuggets. Of course they were missing some players there, but they still had to beat them. For a team that, outside of Chris Paul and J Crowd is not experienced, they've earned their spot in the finals. So I'm as excited as I would be for any other playoff series any other finals, because I'm not that one who's like, we've got to have.
Speaker 4: A big market, big player.
Speaker 3: This is going to be incredible to see Chris Paul finally into the finals on that side, And of course for the Bucks and coach Budenholzer. I mean, he was gone if they didn't really make it this far, Budenholzer, and instead he's shown some resilience and some fight and gotten his team here. So could I think he's gone by the way, would he could?
Speaker 2: Is he? Yeah? No, I think.
Speaker 4: He's safe now.
Speaker 3: I think he's safe now because let's say, let's say they get swept. Let's say worst case scenario for the Bucks. The built in excuse already is there that Yannis is potentially going to miss at least a couple of games here. But even still, I think Budenholzer has done enough to show that he was able to get his team back from from where they were after Game two against Brooklyn. I think that was like and they nearly lost that game. Remember Game three, that was that eighty six eighty three game. I think it was there where the Nets led with a minute to go on that Kevin Durant three. So Budenholzer has doesn't read Twitter. There's no doubt about it, because if he did, he would have just walked away. But they are both very deserving finalists. And people can point at injuries, and yes, they've both had to face teams with other injuries have had their own, but that doesn't mean anything to me. It's like, you still have to win the games, and that's what they've done. So I'm as excited as as as I've ever been for fun as I think it's gonna be great.
Speaker 2: It's good to hear that. Lee. We'll be talking about the games every day here on this show. You're excited.
Speaker 1: Here's a quick X factor for you. Are the Bucks ever gonna make three pointers in the playoffs? I feel like we've been talking about every round there's a twenty three point game coming. They're shooting thirty one percent for three so far in this playoffs. They're shooting open shots. They got a lot of open shots against the Hawks that were brickfests. But this is a team that shot nearly thirty nine percent from three during the regular season and that's why you see those stats where if Bobby Portis scores eleven points, the Bucks are looking nice, probably because he made some threes. That's a huge place where he can have an impact on the game. So that's still an X factor in me. At some point we're gonna see a good shooting game from the Milwaukee Bucks and they're gonna need it playing without Yiannis.
Speaker 3: If that's the case, well, Britain Forbes, i mean, remember it was that.
Speaker 1: It's like ninety years ago. It's like most of them threes this postseason.
Speaker 3: Didn't He hit like five in about you know, a four minute period against But he actually is probably an X factor then in this series. I mean, maybe he's the sort of guy who does get hot for a quarter or two to give the book the Bucks a little bit of a push there because they are certainly going to have extra shots and and Budenholzer has certainly tightened that rotation. He doesn't go too deep and if guys like Brent Forbes aren't producing, they get the hook pretty quickly, so there will be an opportunity and Budenholzer needs someone like him to step up.
Speaker 4: But he's got to produce as soon as.
Speaker 3: He gets out there because he takes some wild shots, but.
Speaker 4: He can get hot.
Speaker 3: He's showed us he can get hot. That's it's more an anomaly than the than the regular right now, but that that could happen in the finals soon.
Speaker 2: He's not out there for defense, that's for day. I'm sure you could exploit him on that hand. But you know, if he's hitting a couple of threes, you're going to live with that. I'm sure he'll see some minutes on campaign and stuff like that. Tasses any other X factor as you're watching for in this series. Who's going to have the better home crowd? Both solid, but who's you know we're gonna hear so if you have to plays, man, I can't wait to hear the free throw count out again or up. I guess I should say.
Speaker 5: As far as I'm concerned, it's the Milwaukee Bucks with the home crown advantage. You're gonna see a lot of Hall Cogan shirt tears. I can't advise it enough. If you can watch the NBA Game Time app or through the NBA League Pass up, you can see during the commercials these Bucks fans, they chug beers, they bring they bring signs. I mean, it's it's hard to turn away. It's hard to go go to the fridge. And go have a pee break because I want to see the large, large people tear their their shirts. And I'm saying large people because every time it's somebody huge that knows that. So you know, I always look for is it a pre tear or is it just a freshy, because you know, sometimes there's a good acting. Even in the Milwaukee crowd, they're like, ah, this isn't happening, but it's a pre tear and in there it's rapid.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's a good time.
Speaker 2: You're telling me this is happening regularly for the it's a thing.
Speaker 5: It's a it's a thing in Milwaukee. It's winning helps. So if they're getting popped, then no, I would still think it happens. Let's get this rally rip to get our team going. Yeah, it's happening.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Ziggy's a big Bucks fan. He says that a guy ripped like eight shirts in one game. So maybe it's like every single uh, every single commercial break, go to this guy chug a beer, tear off his shirt. Is that an advantage for the Bucks? Maybe? So only time will tell.
Speaker 2: I think the Sun's crowd is actually better than the Milwaukee Bucks crowd too. I think They've been incredible in the postseason.
Speaker 1: It's the outside. It's the outside from Milwaukee that they have the advantage. Unfortunately, Deer District, the Deer District is bumping, but you're right inside. They're just tearing their shirts off meanwhile, and they're all just screaming their heads off.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be fun to watch. Yeah. Again, I am so excited that the NBA decided to move this thing up till Tuesday. I have a smart decision here now. Now, maybe Bucks fans are like, what come on, we could have used those days to get you on has rested up. I get that it'd be a little, uh, a little tough to swallow that, but I mean for the average or the casual fan, like you want to like you want to like sort of roll with the momentum too. Yeah. And if we're saying, like some people are saying, oh Bucks, Sun's like, well, the last thing you want to do is like wait a whole week and have like nothing sort of happening. So I'm excited at this tips Tomorrow night. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it was Warrior's calves, like maybe the last time. I think it was like a ten day wait because the Warriors swept and the Calves won in five and they just couldn't move it up, and it was like, man, this is this is a disaster because you do you just want to keep the games playing while people are still following the NBA.
Speaker 5: But good, those are our best shows though, those are our best shows. We had ten days off. What were we doing?
Speaker 4: Playoff awards?
Speaker 2: Yeah, had to get creative. I'm sure we did a pick and payoff in there somewhere. Anything there's chew up some time. But yeah, that's too that's too long. Like we thought we were like, oh, what are we going to do this whole week here? But it doesn't matter. We're right into it. So let's start making predictions on this again. Stream team. You guys are doing it a little bit earlier. Drop him again if you want task to go first? Who you taking? I know, I know the honest part is a huge question mark, But what's your gut say?
Speaker 5: This may be a little bit of a recentcy biased pick the fact that we saw the Milwaukee Bucks most recently the Suns with their time off, but watching Middleton, Drew and Brooke play at this level is is a huge factor in my brain right now, I think all those group of guys, even though the Suns kicked ass through their first three rounds, I feel like, you know, if the Bucks can continue to play at somewhat of that close level with Yanni's in there, I think he goes in Game one, even if he is a bit of a decoy out there. I'm rolling with this Bucks team to be able to continue on throughout these first few games this I think this is the best team that the Suns will have faced in the postseason. I know that it goes without saying, but you know a lot of people you know thought that, you know, the West Conference team would be good enough to smash an Eastern Conference team. I think the Sun the Bucks are playing their best ball, and that's really important to me. And and I love the fact that we're seeing, yeah, again, a couple of the non number one seeds, the non big stories, big market teams here in the finals. And hopefully this is just a snowball effect the next few years. Maybe we give a crap. You know, the casual fan cares more about the teams that don't have La or New York in front of their names. So I'm rolling with it. Man. I think they got the matchups, and I think, yeah, these these all stars playing at this all star level. I don't know, I'm buying it. I think this helps the Bucks having this shorter break as well. They're the fact that they can go into this series. Yeah, rolling from Saturday night, it's only a couple of days off. I think that helps them. So I think they get off to a good start in this series. So you're saying Bucks in Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. I'm going Bucks and six. Give it to me, Brandon Jennings.
Speaker 1: There we go, there we go.
Speaker 2: And so who do you taking finals? MVP is in there too, Well, I mean you're either going, well, I guess you got three options, probably with the Bucks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh go Chris.
Speaker 5: I guess I think Chris Middleton, uh is the guy who's going to score the most. But you know that's kind of dumb too. I'll change that later on in the series. That's fine. You know, it's hard to pick Yanni's right now. But I think Yiannis comes back, and even though he's not going to be one hundred percent, I think watching him through games five and six on the bench, the limp was lessened. The limp was less pronounced through game five and game six. You got to watch this game time this NBA app feed. Man, they've got a camera on Yannis's knee. No, I'm kidding, they don't.
Speaker 1: But well, if it wins the fan though, I think you can get one on the whole game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know. Maybe they split it. Maybe we get one of those or he can't do.
Speaker 1: That, right, Maybe you can think he can vot.
Speaker 5: Even though they have an odd number of voters. You can just have one go to Drew Holliday and the other guy.
Speaker 2: I guess right, you could, so that all right, So buds and six is what we're really going at there, though, Trey, go to you next? Who got winning the NBA Finals? How many games?
Speaker 1: I'm catching major Dirknavitsky vibes from this Suns team and Chris Paul And then I saw today on the Athletic that the twenty eleven MAVs odds of winning the title at the beginning of the playoffs was eighteen to one, the exact same as the Phoenix Suns at the beginning of this wow NBA playoffs. So I'm gonna go Suns in six here. I'm a little more nervous about Giannis's injury than tass Is. I just think looking back at James Harden coming back in his first game, he didn't do much. Trey Young didn't do much in his first game back. And even if it's only one game for Jannis and then he improves for their from there, that's one out of seven NBA Finals games already in the toities. So I'm going Suns in six. I'm expecting it to be pretty tight. I think both games these teams played during the regular season, even though the personnel wasn't exactly the same, I think the Suns won both of those by one game. Both of these teams played good defense. Both of these teams have good guards that should be able to match up with each other.
Speaker 2: Should be tight.
Speaker 1: Gimme Sons and sex Lee, where are you going?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think the Sons have home court advantage, they have rest advantage, they have health advantage. All those things, to me really tilt this heavily towards the Phoenix, Suns and Yarnis. You know, Trey mentions are Tree Young and James Harden coming back, but also you go back two years Kevin Durant when he came back for the Golden State Warriors, and he clearly wasn't ready and obviously did much more significant damage to his achilles ten and he blew it out there. And that's my concern with Yannis is like I certainly wouldn't bring him back unless he was one hundred percent healthy, because the risk that he does something even more serious, I think is so significant. So I think in that sense, you know, the Bucks understand that even if they lose the first two games that are in Phoenix, it's not great, of course, but that's sort of also not a complete catastrophe. If Yannis can come back for game three and he's completely healthy, then maybe they've still got time to turn the series around. So I just think, but Phoenix have got you know, they've been playing so well, they're confident, they're well coached, they're so deep, they've got everything in their favor. I really, I mean analytically I'm saying Sons in five, but really I'm going Sons in six because you just don't know what could happen. As well with the Bucks, they've they've they've overcome some adversity themselves, and if Yannis was to come back and really be fantastic in games three and four. If it was that late, then they can still turn things around. But I'm ultimately going Sons in six because I hope it goes at least six games. I hope we have, you know, a fun, close series, and I'm just going to take the low hangar for Chris. Paul will be the finals MVP if the Suns win, whether that's in five, six or seven games, I think it's going to be his trophy. So I think the Suns win, but I don't think they you know, I think it's still going to be a close series. But I just think all those advantages I listed earlier just help Phoenix more and give them a enough of you know, enough of a bonus if you like to beat the box here.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go Sons in seven. I think a part of that is me definitely praying this goes seven as well. I think it's gonna be a tight series. I'm gonna go Devin Booker for Finals MVP. You guys said it. He's gonna be unleashed here in this series. It's gonna be a lot different than that Clipper series. And we know he's a bucket, so it's tough to imagine the Sun's winning. I will say, like you said, Lee and Chris Paul not getting it, just from a narrative standpoint, like even if he averages I don't know, like fifteen to ten, I feel like there's still be like a lot of support for finals MVP for him, so almost like almost like a legacy play and a weird little thing. But if Booker goes nuts and does what I think some people are expecting Chris Middleton to do, there's gonna be some thirty point Booker games. I'm getting out here in these finals, So I'll go Booker. I'll go with my guy, and I got the Suns winning in seven. But I think this is gonna be super close. I think Giannis plays tomorrow night. I do. I'm with you Tasks watching him there in the arena with my own eyes, like, okay, he's He's like like, I don't think he's gonna be a hundred percent, but still be honest, at eighty percent is better than eighty nine percent rest of the league. So he's still going to deliver, I assume when he's out there. So I'll go Sons and seven. It's pretty split. I'll say in the stream team a lot of people picking Bucks and six, a lot of people saying sons and five and six and stuff like that, so it should be very very close. Anything you guys want to.
Speaker 1: Add, get your visits in on the No Dunks YouTube page. We got to pull up right now. Leading forty eight percent of fans have said Sons will win this in six or seven, fifteen percent Sons in four or five, thirty two Bucks in six or seven, and four percent only think it's gonna be Bucks in four or five, which I think is a smart a smart bat there.
Speaker 2: Who's ah, who's the first guy to uh, you know, get a tech or a flagrantile so like to to go overboard to snap a little bit well crowder crowder crowd, crowd of PJ.
Speaker 4: Tucker are going to get a double.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, okay, that's a good that's.
Speaker 3: A couple of bull dogs going out of there. You know that, I respect each other's game. There'll be a good bat slap butt slap afterwards, but they'll they'll a little like get into it with eachada.
Speaker 2: Did you say bat slap?
Speaker 4: I think I did.
Speaker 3: I did all that. I'm just thinking they're gonna wrestle over a loose bowl. Yeah, it's gonna be one of those situations where they foughting. Ever like that, the rest come in double day's and then like you say, yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, respectah, let me slip your ass all right, Okay, let's do for all of you again with your finals predictions. Who you got winning finals, MVP? How many games and all that stuff, and uh yeah, who gets their butt slapped first? Make sure you let us know that in the comments below this video as well. Okay, we got little is this news? But we gotta take a quick break here from a sponsor back with no Dunk's time for little is this news? Yeah, just a couple of headlines here for the boys, and everybody in the stream team debate whether or not their news were the first one. NBC Sports Kings lack seventy six ers reported desired Ben Simmons trade assets tasks Simmons trade rumor is this news?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: I got excited when I first read about this or I first saw the headline, I should say, because I named Buddy Heels, a guy who just needs a new venue, a new place to play, a new change of scenery this offseason. I want him to go somewhere, so I thought, oh, he could be part of this package that goes to Philadelphia. Then getting into the article written by James Ham, It's totally true. There's just not enough coming back to the Philadelphia seventy six ers. Buddy Hill is really great, would you know theoretically pair really well with Joel Embiid shooting over ten threes a game. He's in his prime.
Speaker 1: But it's kind of like, you know, a Seth.
Speaker 5: Curry replacement without the ball handling at Ben Simmons.
Speaker 4: That's a problem.
Speaker 5: And then you get Marvin Bagley, I guess would be the second part of this trade. It works in the trade machine Healed and Badley for Ben Simmons. But Bagley, even if he's in that twenty eighteen draft class and you have high hopes for him, just like you know the guys around him and eight and Luca and Trey, you know, performing well this postseason, he just eats at Joel Embiid's space. What happened with Al Horford. We just saw what happened with Ben Simmons. You don't want him running around the same area as Joel Embiid. He's just not He's not you know, that that level of player where you know he can adapt at this point of his career. So I agree they don't have enough. I think Buddy Heel should move on. But when you look up and down that roster, who else can you pay? You pair Harrison Barnes with with somebody? I mean, it's just it's not enough to get Ben Simmons off that team. You you'd be better off keeping. You'd be better off keeping him if you're the Sixers and the Kings are not trading Darren Fox, They're not trading Tyrese Haliburton. Other than that, not enough for Ben Simmons. Imo, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: The problem with that. The two players that the Sixers would really want would fit really next to Nice, next to Joel Embiid or the two players that the Kings no chance would be trading, which is uh, kind of what it feels like the Sixers are going to run into a little bit here because there's also in this piece a report that the Sixers turned down to deal for Malcolm Brogden and a first round pick from the Pacers, And to me, that's kind of exactly what the Sixers would need, Like Brogden would be an excellent fit next to Embiid. I think he would bring the defense. He can play without the ball, he can handle and pick and roll. But Malcolm Brogden and a first round pick for a guy who was a number one draft pick, an All NBA defensive player, first team the last two seasons, and a third team All NBA guard in Ben Simmons, that's not enough. So it feels like Ben Simmons has played his last game as a Sixer, But I don't know. They might run him back out there, try and rehabilitate that trade value a little bit next season, just because Ben Simmons like he's awesome in the regular season. He's still a really good player. It's just everybody it's impossible to ignore his flaws when they come up in the postseason, not the best time to be trying to trade him.
Speaker 3: I think teams are trying to low ball the Sixes a little bit and just see just seeing how frustrated and annoyed they were with his playoff performance. And yeah, because I think Brogden is not a bad fit there, but surely Simmons is worth more than that. And whatever that thirteenth pick is. And if you are the Sacramento Kings. Obviously they're not going to do Fox and Tyres Halliburton. But if you're the Sixers, do you tried and maybe throw one of those guys in and say we'll take Buddy Healed and maybe Tyres. That's interesting, that's interesting because I think no, yeah, but I think if the Kings are seriously like this and you're getting Ben Simmons all defense, you know, he's another ball handler there, I just wonder if there's something there. But I also wonder if the Sixers are like just sort of making these offers out there to say, like, guys, you know you can't low ball. It's okay, We're expecting much more in return if you want to trade for Ben Simmons. So these are the ones we're just dismissing right now. But there's certainly a lot of interest from teams. But yeah, I think I think teams are just sort of seeing the Sixers and just like I think Ben Simmons can be had for a little bit cheaper than perhaps, you know, during the regular season if he's been playing well.
Speaker 4: But I think the Sixer should move on anyway.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I still think he will be traded. I don't think it'll be these It's not gonna be the sacer Medo because I'm with you guys like Harrison Barnes Bagley in the number nine pick or Buddy Heel Bagley in the number nine pick, that that's the that's too low, even for Ben Simmons, whose trade value is sort of near the floor.
Speaker 1: That's a bag of beans with the bag of beans brought in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. I still think it's gonna happen with Minnesota, obviously, was saying that sort of from the jump when it came to Ben Simmons trade rooms. I think there's something there with a D'Angelo Russell and even a Beasley going to Philadelphia and probably some picks for Ben Simmons, whatever else it takes to make it happen. Be at George Hill. I love the I like the concept of Ben Simmons in Minnesota with Karl Anthony Towns too, But maybe that's still not enough. If they're not interested in brog did the Sixers? You know, are they then that interested in D'Angelo Russell? Probably not, Yeah, I think yeah, you would think so, you would think so. But again, these are all just reports and they're trying to drive up the you know, the price from these other teams, and suddenly the Blazers are like, oh, well, okay, well here's McCollum and so and so, here's whatever, so we will see, all right our next headline hurts my heart, But congratulations to these four countries NBA dot Com coming through with Slovenia, Germany, Italy and the Czech Republic securing the final four Olympic spots. And I say it hurts my heart because on Saturday, oh boy, team Canada losing to the Czech Republic, tough loss, got their asses outplayed, like got outplayed, made a crazy comeback, like an insane comeback. They're down six with like twenty seconds to go at the end of regulation, and then Andrew Wiggins just went nuts and there was crazy steel and all this. But in the end, Saturanski hitting a fading off the glass jumper over Dort of all people, one of the best defensive players probably in the game, and you got it to go, you know, a little luck involved, no doubt, but it drops. And then Trey Lyles had a chance at a baseline jumper, beautiful play call from Nick Nurse and it rims in and out and team Canada loses and Czech Republic goes on to be grease Tasks, So you know, they played their way there obviously, and surprise a lot of people. A lot of these teams. Germany is surprising a lot of people. So in the end, Luca's there, which is great, They're pumped, but these other teams were a bit of a shock to some people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Luka Doncic got the MVP award in his tournament from r Vetas Sabonis from the original handed it out and that must have hurt his son, Demanta Sabonis, who just lost. Yeah, and I guess they had this planned. Are you just going to give it to anybody? But then after Lithuania loss, I mean, this must have this must have been really difficult for Domas to watch this happen, But it's exciting for just Yeah, we're gonna see Luca. I am still going to be watching every minute of the Olympics, even though it's lacking both Greeks and Canadians at basketball. Maybe I'll tune into Jan Shulman's call on the Canadian broadcast because I always love me some Dan Shulman dating back to the Jay's days. So yeah, that's it's it's unfortunate.
Speaker 2: It was a brutal loss.
Speaker 5: Both well both losses. I think I would rather, if I was so grease, beat Turkey on Saturday to get to the final, to get ropped by the Czech Republic. Man, they've played some good team ball. I think I would have rather just lost in the semi finals and got it over. Well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it freed up my Sunday. That was nice. I didn't have to watch Canada play because this was it was a frustrating watch. They got they got, they got out played for like, well it's a forty minute game there in the FOEBA rules, but for like a good thirty seven minutes they were outplayed and then again they rallied to get it into overtime. Trey, I want to know, did you have a good Saturday yourself, because Trey Awles misses an awesome look again at the buzzard in overtime to tie it up or send it to double overtime. It just it rimmed in and out. You know, it was a great play, like I said, and he missed it. Then Ice Tray down at the Fortress I watched in person. You know, he struggled mainly because of the injury and didn't have a great game. Six in louding to the Bucks, did you have a good Saturday at least because all these other trades I know were not. I think you were moving, So how does that go?
Speaker 1: I was moving? Luckily for us, they did finish the painting on Saturday. I had an average Saturday. I wouldn't say I had a great Saturday. I was feeling sad for you, Skeets. I know how excited you were for Team Canada to maybe actually make the Olympics, with you being an adult for the first time. That would have been very cool for you. But obviously Nick Nurse just can't beat Thomas saturnski four and o this year against Nick Nurse.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you just go watch the shot, he hits two over to shot shot.
Speaker 1: That's one of the ones where you're like, playing on a Wednesday, You're like, well, at least we got another game coming up, but that's going to be the winner here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Wiggans, correct me, I can't remember.
Speaker 4: It's off a mis free throw.
Speaker 3: Well, they stole the inbounds get yeah, that's right, Yeah, they stole it. And then he fought up that one contested three knocked it in. It sort of felt maybe Wiggins is just going to become the Canadian hero. But man, that that one then for Setaranski just to get it in because the team kind of was leading in overtime too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were up be fo think they scored the first two yeah, four, five, yeah, and then didn't score the rest of the way.
Speaker 4: Out yeah man, man, and.
Speaker 2: People were upset that it wasn't going through Wiggins. Actually enough who had caught fire at the end of regulation scored once in overtime, but they were like, there was not They were not definitely like feeding him the ball and maybe should have because he was he was on and he was like just roll with your best guy in that particular game. But whatever, Again, Czech Republic outplayed him. They didn't even deserve to be in overtime for being honest. U tough, tough loss, and it sucks me for this obviously for the program. That's you know, I talked about them wanting like to get there and that does instill some confidence in the program and get some of these other guys to want to play. Maybe the future still looks bright for Team Canada, but they you know, you know, yeah, Jamal Murray, Yad Jay Gildess, Yeah, Dylan Brooks, like they're all fairly young too. To some of these other guys that played RJ played pretty well in this little mini tournament. Wiggins actually played great, but still still they could have used like a could have used some BIG's actually trey like Ken Burch or Kelly Lennok and those were like contract reasons that they were playing.
Speaker 1: Oh anyway, so this is the most down you've been about Team Canada because to me, I mean, looking from the outside, it feels a little bit like Team USA two thousand and four, where you're like, the future looks bright. We've got a ton of talent, but they never play together and they don't seem to fit perfectly.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I'm down because they should have won this little mini tournament to get in. Yeah, I mean, they should beat the Czech Republic. They should. They have eight NBA players on their roster. Yeah, they're missing some big names still, but they couldn't hit a three to save their life, and it got killed inside because they didn't have a lot of size. I forget that guy's name on the Czech Republic. He destroyed them. He's like, thirty one points this guy because he's a big dude and they wisely ran through ran their stuff through him. But AnyWho, it opened up my sunday. That was nice TASKI right, if you're gonna lose losing the semis, that's the lesson learned. Okay, let's get to tweet of the night.
Speaker 5: Threed o the night.
Speaker 2: Wow, Oh, tweet of the night. That's a fun one from kofe at kofe on Twitter. This one was making the rounds, very very funny tweet. AAU basketball was wild. Man. You could beat a team by ten eat Wendy's and be matched up with future NBA superstars forty five minutes later and leave the tournament questioning if you love basketball? A great tweet. Kofe is an awesome a twitch follow by the way watch them game and stuff like that and does like some fun like trivia questions and stuff. The responsesly were hilarious, like the threat is great because people are basically just sharing their AAU basketball stories of like oh yeah this time, you know we just got hammered by this future NBA player. This one yeah at Chad bro I saw we thought we were cute until the two thousand and three Atlanta Celtics rolled up with Dwight Howard and Josh Smith. They mercy ruled us by breaking the rim clean off the backboard, right. I like this one from at at a Hoffener. My AAU team played the Southern California All Stars with Kevin Love and Brandon Jennings. Jennings drippled through the legs on seven out of the ten guys on our team, and I Love drum stepped me so hard I would flag eight feet out of bounds. Anyway, there's a million of these responses and trade did you ever like, you know, we're Canadian and Australians, we're obviously playing here in the States and basketball what any means? But did you ever anything like something similar in Illinois where you're like you ran into a juggernaut of a team or a player.
Speaker 1: Even Sean Livingston is the best guy I played against in high school. He was a freshman when we were a senior, and I mean Sean Livingston was a lottery pick by the time he was a senior in high school, and he just destroyed us. I wouldn't say he was the best athlete I ever played against, though, there was a guy from another local high school who ended up playing free safety in the NFL for ten years. His name was Sean Considine. He was incredible. I mean, he was an NFL level athlete playing against me. Boy, yeah, exactly, exactly right. And then the best guy in the state my senior year of high school was an incredible name Pierre Pierce. He was like, I think he averaged forty a game through the state high school tournament. He was a local guy. We ended up having to play him in a summer tournament once and he just embarrassed us. The guy was like he ended up playing at University of Iowa, I think, where he was like twenty five a game, and it was just insane. The like the nonchalantness with which he was able to destroy a bunch of farmers out here, hilarious, hilarious stuff. I ended up playing him in like another men's league, like ten years down the line. He had just come off of leading the Golden State Warriors summer league team and scoring for a summer. The man had like massive off court problems, like never made it to the NBA because of that, but he was a bucket every single time I happened to be in the gym with him destroying us, just destroy, I guess. And that's when you like when you see the levels of basketball out there, because Kofe's right, Like going to a day long tournament is awesome because you'll have a great game and then you'll just eat fast food for a couple hours, and then you'll go get destroyed, and then you drive home with your buddies. I'm still pissed at nisaiel Valaz for dropping my twenty dollars bill outside of the car while we're on the freeway. Come on, and twenty dollars in high school? What are you doing? I was gonna buy some chicken fingers with Ronnie Stickney at a and w root beer. But nothing. You think we're gonna turn around for twenty bucks? Come on, buddy. Fun times like you go and drive two hours to play for two hours, sit for two hours, play for another two hours, and then drive two hours by so weird fun.
Speaker 2: Time, Yeah, and then usually play a team where I'm the only what I remember, I don't remember their names, but I just remember the level, like jumped up another notch, like we're obviously in Stratford Ontario. We're playing all the other high schools. We're fine, We're decent. We go to this tournament for the weekend and you know, we hung in a couple of games. I'm not sure if we even won, but we were in them. And then yeah, we got against this juggernaut team that had two their twin brothers. It was like Brook and Robin Lopez, two giant twin brothers that were then just dunking on everyone. Like that wasn't happening in our league. You guys were not getting dunk time. Dond Is like twenty times in the game, and it's just like, what the hell is going on here? So that's why this tweet resonated with me. But anything similar there in Australia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, we used to play in tournament weekend tournaments like that. Mainly I guess we did it when we were kids, but then when we were like adults, young adults, as eighteen year olds, we would also enter tournaments.
Speaker 4: And you would do is just do the same thing.
Speaker 3: Go for the weekend, have a boozy Friday and Saturday night and play like five games. And there was one time we were playing and the Melbourne Tigers who played in the NBL. That's Andrew Gazes's team. They had a team they entered, but it was like their sort of younger up and coming players who they wanted to play against, you know, men. And I remember this sixteen year old kid like the game, like was a minute in and the shot went up and I was sort of boxing out and I turned around and all of a sudden, I just felt like his legs and his feet head just this kid just dunked on me like that, and I was just like, oh my god, and we just got completely destroyed.
Speaker 4: By this team.
Speaker 3: But that same guy who dunked on me, as I was dribbling up the court at one point, he was putting pressure on me, and I bounced it under his legs and went and got it. And he was furious because I just I humiliated him, even though they were beating us by about sixty five points to that point, so I got mine little back on him. But I think as well, in that tournament that was there was the one team that was just so much better than everyone else. I think we actually played them again in the final because we beat all the other teams. But then you know, the final was like one hundred and forty six to like twenty or something like that. I mean, we just got just destroyed. So but they were always fun. The tournaments were great fun when you were kids and stuff. I mean, I don't think we ever won one, though I would have loved to have gotten at least just one trophy. But there's always one team better than you.
Speaker 1: It just sucked.
Speaker 2: I'll go seeking with this tweet again from Coffee, just to read the thread because or the responses there. So there's so many that just are great stories and people just dropping like again, future NBA players and like magic having to play them when you're like sixteen, seventeen, eighteen or whatever age you are. Oh my god, so so good. All right, we'll call it there. We'll be back tomorrow. Obviously, no game on tonight, That's okay. I'm sure we'll have some more news and we'll make some Game one predictions on tomorrow's show. But get your questions in, keep in comming No Dunks at the Athletic dot Com help us out. Might need to, you know, answer a few questions on tomorrows show, so send those in and make sure you subscribe to No Dunks on YouTube and get an athletic subscription too. Go to the Athletic dot Com slash no dunks if you haven't already. There's a great I believe there's like a July fourth sort of Independence Day deal going on, or maybe it was already over. I'm never sure with these, so anyway, it's cheap regardless. Go to the Athletic dot Com slash no dunks get yourself an athletic subscription. Clipper Bros. You heard it here first, have a great time, turn up, love you guys, awesome, thanks.
Speaker 5: For joining us, and just gonna answer this question before we go from Kiki and the Stream team. Is Anthony Bettett on Team Canada?
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 5: He was? He was? Yeah, no, wow, nobody including Anthony Bettt could help the team get a w though.
Speaker 3: So sad, just so sad. Look at all that talent.
Speaker 2: All right, that's all right, they're all young. You just wait until what Paris? Where are we going next? Paris four? Oh, it'll be worth it, hopefully. Embrace the vie.
Speaker 4: You could say.
Speaker 5: Every day, my dad be happy, every minute.
Speaker 2: It's been so long with your wanna.
Speaker 5: Wait, he's happened already.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be grevy