Speaker 1: We're live. We're live. F we are so back.
Speaker 2: We really, Uh, I'm happy to minute. We took a minute off there because we were busy, very busy with life, busy, busy losing the semi finals.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's okay. We move on. Are we gonna? Yeah? Have you do you still know how to wrap? We're gonna find out.
Speaker 3: Boom boom, boom boom, Yeah, boom boom, back in action, boom boom. It's Maddie and catch back on the podcast. Yeah, we're hitting it good. It's your girl, cat better be understood. Pancakes with my girl Maddie coming to you Live to batties.
Speaker 4: That was a good one.
Speaker 1: Anyways. Hey, yeah, what's going on. It's been how your journey been? You know? Take me let's just let's just take me back to take me through it. Take me through you've been going through it? Regular season?
Speaker 3: You know you guys won as the first top team regular season.
Speaker 1: How was that? Yes?
Speaker 2: Wow, These last two weeks have actually been like pretty emotionally roller Coastery winning winning was really cool. So like we beat Atlanta and Atlanta to clinch first awesome and then our like half our team won like awards for people of the year, which was so cool because I feel like that was well deserved, and then went to Louisville for playoffs that didn't go so great, so many thoughts, Yeah, we're not there.
Speaker 3: Let's stay back in regular season. But your favorite moment so far for regular season?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, regular season was obviously as well.
Speaker 1: We had a.
Speaker 2: Terrible start, but we were terrible at the beginning.
Speaker 1: Terrible.
Speaker 2: We're owing three at the beginning and like that really pains you, you know, like losing really sucks. And then we were We had like a really honest, open conversation after that third loss and everybody was just.
Speaker 1: Like, you got to get on board, we need to figure this out. Whatever.
Speaker 2: And then after that day we played you guys next at the Spurs Area Arena, and like that was.
Speaker 1: The game changer for us.
Speaker 2: So I think that moment was like really cool because we were like, Okay, we need to figure this out no matter what, and like we did, and then like from that moment on, it was like we were just on a roll. So everything felt really good going forward from there, and like the season in total was really great. Like I loved our team a lot, I love our coach, so in totality season awesome, and I think that moment was just really pivotal for our team in general.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't know, it was really fun.
Speaker 2: This is probably like one of the more enjoyable seasons that I've had in my career, which is really cool. So and I'm just like happy to see all these little young girls do well and like have a good time and have their first pro year. Like it's just so fun to be alongside them as they get to do this. So I'm really grateful for this season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I definitely connect with the pivotal like conversations. I think throughout our season we had those same conversations like almost like you guys, you guys had a moment and you switched it on. And I feel like, for love Austin, we were having these conversations almost like weekly, you know. I think for our team, we had built up this huge like stretch of winning matches and playing well, then began a stretch of like not playing well and trying to gain some type of like camaraderie and raw But that's how it was last season. It was always just trying to you know, tooth and nail about just trying to find something to grass to get us kind of going. My favorite moment, I would say, is just I don't.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I don't really have one.
Speaker 3: I think every day was just just a joy to be in the gym, and like that's why I just tick it ass, Like every day I'm just coming here be the best I can be, and then like that's pretty much it.
Speaker 2: So it's all you goodly do too, exactly, I think as we get older too. I was like reflecting with Mica the other day, like I honestly just love.
Speaker 1: Being in the gym in general.
Speaker 2: Now it's not like Okay, I have to win this, or I have to do this, or I have to do like this to make me happy. It's like no, really, like the daily grind is so fun for me, and like getting to you know, be there with the younger girls kind of coach them along or just like yeah, you know, help like help everyone in the gym do what they need to do is like fun for me now. So yeah, it's it's definitely a shift of like what volleyball used to be for me, and I think that's been a really cool experience of this season as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say, especially like I think part of that is like snow in your roles. I think, like, yeah, we know, I know, if my name it's called, I can play a pivotal role in like being a starter or doing whating to do as far as like being out there at starting six, but also knowing a rule far as like okay, like I am also a bench player and making sure I'm giving to like the people around me and the girls are on the court, as well as giving.
Speaker 1: Feedback kind of stuff too.
Speaker 3: So I think that just comes with just being comfortable and knowing what you're doing, Like I don't have to find an identity right now, like anymore.
Speaker 1: Like volleyball is like it's so ficked on my career. You know, it's so much fun.
Speaker 3: You know your bet now, and just kind of like playing the game is how you want to play it, like no one kind of telling you what to do. You're doing it is your own style this point that kind of thing too. So anyone that surprised you this season anything.
Speaker 1: I mean it's a team surprise right now would be.
Speaker 2: Surprise surprise, okay, anyway I would say, well, okay, surprise, but also not surprise, like how they they beat us twice at the beginning of the year when we were zero three, and I was like, dang, this team is really good, and I think like we saw that at the beginning, and then they had that ull kind of in the last half of the season, and I was like, what's happening here? And then we played them our last match at home, and it like we were like, Okay, we're feeling good. We're going to our next match like clinch first, and then going into Semis, We're like, Okay, this team has the potential to be really good, but like we haven't seen that in a minute, so like whatever, and then they play their best volleyball they've played all season, and I was like, Okay, this team is really good, you know, like I you showed up and played when it mattered, and that sucks for us, and like we definitely gave it everything that we had. So I can't be upset with like our team at all, because I feel like we did go down fighting, especially in the golden set that was like the most intense volleyball dog fight I feel like we've ever done. So I mean, perhaps to them, they're a great team, so it sucks. I mean losing sucks and losing like that really sucks, but that is the nature of sports.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my surprise is definitely Austin.
Speaker 3: I am surprised just because, like I mean, am I surprised, Yes and no, just because like this is just what love Austin does. Like I think the more it was more crunch time, and I'm like, we work really well on like high pressure environments and situations as it is anyway, so I'm like, at this point, it doesn't really matter what's happening as long as everyone comes to get towards the end, which I think was what happened towards end is kind of what mattered.
Speaker 1: So I do fell back for Jordan Larson.
Speaker 3: Obviously, she was an amazing tribute for the sport, and you know, you didn't want her career going out like that, you know, to lose and just such a such like a small percentage of points, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like if this was your real rules, it'd be totally different.
Speaker 3: But since then it's not, you know, it's when's the losses and other stuff, so shout out to her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's I mean, it is crazy, like the a three way tie the last match of the season going into playoffs, like you couldn't have written it up better. And none of this, I mean, for the people that are like this was scripted, it was not.
Speaker 1: Unfortun it was not.
Speaker 2: I think like, Okay, the league is just that strong and we have so many great talented players that that's just how it shook out, which.
Speaker 1: Actually blows all of our minds too. So yeah, that was wild.
Speaker 2: Like us, we were in Atlanta watching both games go on, and it was like, Okay, if these people lose and then they're both in and if but and I was like, I literally can't even follow, like it.
Speaker 3: Looks like you just can't lose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: I mean it is cool just to see like that everybody can win. I mean, you guys two years in a row now have showed up when it mattered.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, good for you when thank you, which I would say, like that's for me the biggest like change from season one to season two because like now it's like the top four teams had.
Speaker 1: To go last last year, like everyone got to go.
Speaker 3: But I think what you said or Molly said that, like even with this type of like setup for the best two out of three the first day, does it really matter what do you think does it really.
Speaker 1: Because it isn't.
Speaker 2: It isn't two out of three, you know, so technically like even going into the finals, now, whoever ends tomorrow, it doesn't matter. Yeah, it's basically just a warm up because the second day is the only one that matters. So whoever's how the second day is going to take it doesn't Like if you win three zero tomorrow, who cares.
Speaker 1: Yeah. True, so it's.
Speaker 2: A one in my mind. Now it's a one and done. You just have an extra season match. True, So do with that what you will.
Speaker 3: I think they may even change it again, Like I would say, like.
Speaker 1: What I would do?
Speaker 3: Tell me if I was Tom, whouns that kind of suff But if I was Tom, I feel like the league, the league, if you're the first place team.
Speaker 1: And you win the regular season, like you're like you get a buy, you get a buy, You're.
Speaker 3: Going you guaranteed that spot you guys worked your ass off to because it's so hard.
Speaker 1: Think about it. It's so hard to.
Speaker 3: Like compete mount and compete every night and to keep that to keep that first play spot with all the teams going on, all the sets being played, and I feel like that's where deserve and earn, Like you just can't take that away. I feel like and I think you should just get a bye for sure.
Speaker 1: I kind of agree with you.
Speaker 2: And also, like Jordan Thompson, you get MVP of the league, like you are record breaking season, you are killing this shit, and then now that's the way that it has to end when like you've literally carried.
Speaker 1: The whole team the whole season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like that was heartbreaking to me because I'm like, Jordan, you deserved she deserves to be there, and so that that paid me the most. And then like she cares so much, and there's like people online talking about her like walking off the court after the game crying, and I'm like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw that she cares.
Speaker 2: Man Like, she's one of the best teammates I've ever had, and I hope that people know that and see that, and like I respect her so much.
Speaker 1: So yeah, she definitely deserved that.
Speaker 3: So any type of you know, refreshments for season three coming up, anything new you're hoping or.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll have the addition of some new teams, which is exciting. I think we're not at liberty to say what's happening. True, Yeah, I'm excited for season three, Like, I think two six teams is great, but it's always nice to play more people and have more opportunity to win go different places, like, yeah, just have more teams, more people build the league is so cool.
Speaker 1: So I'm glad to see that it's expanding.
Speaker 3: What about you, my little hope would be, I mean, because it is expanding, you know, and as crazy as flying has been, I'm like, who's.
Speaker 1: Got a private jet somewhere? People gonna be flying as private?
Speaker 3: Did we get an airline sponsor something of that sort?
Speaker 1: You know? So have my people call Delta's people? I like them.
Speaker 2: Of those I don't hate on the other ones, but Delta, Yeah, if you're listening, I feel like Delta probably listens to our podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're definitely, They're like they're we're there there, there are two third people on this planet, like you need to fly to MeV But yeah, besides the flying bank, yeah, for everybody's favorite, No, I would just honestly, I think I'm always just excited to see what they can come up with next, you know what I mean, Like, how are you guys gonna make How are you the top this season?
Speaker 1: For next season?
Speaker 3: You know, I think They've done a lot of great things from last year, especially when it comes to the athlete experience. I think that's a lot better than it was last year. I think they're getting more organized just with like kind of like you know, placing girls and having those conversations as well as like you know, when we do need anything, they're the league is pretty much getting there for that, especially for my situation obviously that I got sick and stuff. But I'm excited to see what they do come up with next year far as like just being more.
Speaker 1: For us for sure.
Speaker 2: Do you want to touch on what's been going on with you at all? Yeah, I mean you don't have to, but if if you.
Speaker 3: Want to, very little, Yeah, we kind of kept it in house. Honestly, it was just more of black because it was just so much going on, and I think the first like three days, it was just so uncertain what was happening. So I basically had a small intestine rupture. That's like not the thing. It's so rare for that to even happen to anyone, especially in that location, and I had no idea, I had no symptoms. I was training, I was working out, and then it wasn't until we were playing away Madison and this and the team. A few of the girls on the team, including myself, caught like a little bug of like food poisoning basically, and obviously everybody else's bodies digested that the way it should go naturally, and then mine that poison leaked into E.
Speaker 1: Coli.
Speaker 3: Whatever it was in the food leaked into my domino, which is already been effective for my own bowels and toxics and stuff, and it just let up all those signals. So going in they thought that I had like a ruptured assess because I had a lot of like fluid on my pelvis. So I went one surgery to remove the fluid.
Speaker 1: And they realized that wasn't it.
Speaker 3: And then like a day later, two yeah, a day or two later, I wanted to go on a very inbacious surgery, which they found out that I had a rupture small intestine.
Speaker 1: So they had to go on there cut that out.
Speaker 3: They could have had a foot of my testins out removed by appendix, put me all back together, and they're like, okay, you're here, and I was there. I was in Madison, Wisconsin for eleven days, flew back to Texas and I've been home now coming up on this is either I can't remember three weeks or four.
Speaker 1: Weeks, so it's been a long It's been a while just recovery. I've been in the bed.
Speaker 3: I've been on bed rest for two weeks, like literally could barely walk. So I would say this past week has been like my most like strengthening week. I've been going to rehab and just getting my health back together. So that's why i haven't been on the bench or anything. But I'm excited to fly out this weekend and support the love as Yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: Girl, we are glad that you made it through that and that you are here, because that was when he said He's like.
Speaker 3: He was like, yeah, like you were going you're you were going septic, which means you could die, and then we're gonna have surgery, which also means you can die. I was like, y'all, somebody, Yeah, I was sick. I was really sick. My mental state was so strong. Yeah, but I'm good now, I'm feeling better. My return is like I said, they said, right, it's based on me, and for me, it's like my body is healing a lot faster, which I know it normally does. Anyways, because I was in really great shape. But for me, it's more of like thank you sotening time. Yeah, thanks, thanks Solid for shout out.
Speaker 1: I A.
Speaker 3: It's just more about just like giving to myself and what I need right now and just being Catherine. I feel like I pour into so many people, like my friendships and my teammates, my and my my family, and like this is like the first time I'm like, okay, you know what, Like, let's give in to you and what you need and I need you right now. So it's great to focus on me. So I'll be back. I'll be back in the gym probably full time the next three weeks, give or take for what I want to say, But come nixt November, I'll be rocking and rolling.
Speaker 1: Holy crap, I know you lost your butt. That's crazy. Oh yeah, I went into surgery.
Speaker 3: I went into the er one ninety four, walked out, got home one seventy seven. My first week at home, lost ten pounds and got tested again and was in like one sixty five.
Speaker 1: Had a mental breakdown in doctor's office.
Speaker 3: I was like, I've never seen myself that small, and I was like, okay, I'm getting am I getting better?
Speaker 1: Why am I losing weight? Like? What's going on?
Speaker 3: Like? And then I got weigh in this next week, So this is week three, I had gained back ten more pounds, So there we go. Booty is starting to percolate that a little bit more because I'm doing some some press, some leg press in the gym right now.
Speaker 1: So the booty are you going press exactly? Body is very tea. I'm giving skinny Bobby right now. But you know, we'll see. I want to stay around this weight, but well, what'll make something happen? Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you've been you have you been in the contact in contact with all of the girls, and everybody still like they come to see you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Girls have came by like Molly, Julianne, Carly have came by a few times.
Speaker 1: Everyone text and checks in on me. Coaching staff as well.
Speaker 3: I stopped over at the gym one day after my first appointment and I sit around like twenty minutes because that's about as much as I could stand around and to see them and checking with them. We also have like a regular season our last team dinner last week that I went to, and I'm a sayre for most of.
Speaker 1: The time and left early. So yeah, I've been around.
Speaker 3: I'm not really sure like what they expect from me, Like, I hope they don't expect me to be in the gym every day.
Speaker 2: Probably want they want you cheering, they want you on the sideline. They need your energy at practice. I'm joking.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah. I was like, I'm feeling better in the past week.
Speaker 3: I've been home for three weeks, but this is the first week I've been feeling like very more act, much more active. And I was thinking, I was like, I wonder if, like they're thinking I should be at the gym every day because I worked them Like I can't even leave my bed, Like I can't even like stay I can't stay it for long periods of time. So I'm like, am I, Maddie, you're not Maddie. Mollie was like, Katy, it's fine. They're not really worried about okay. I was like the practice facility every day, like I don't know because rushout of surgery, I think you're okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, because I wasn't sure. You know, you know how people can be. I know, I don't know they'd like what kat is not committed to this team.
Speaker 3: No, but you know, yeah, she just literally got her organs rearranged.
Speaker 1: No but you but you know, but you know.
Speaker 2: We know you're coming out here this weekend. And I say here in La because I'm already in La. I live here, so I'll get to see.
Speaker 1: What's funny is Maddie actually helped me like book my hotel.
Speaker 3: So all the hotels are like sowed out in Long Beach and any surrounding city just because there's also like this like race Card been going on, and so I text Mattie.
Speaker 1: I was like, hey, like I'm trying to book a hotel. Blah bah blah.
Speaker 3: She sends me a hotel that's like, what two minutes from your house?
Speaker 1: How far is it from your house?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like I could probably walk there in like ten minutes. It's like a two minute drive, but it's like far farish from the venue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's really thirty minutes from the venue. And it's like right on the beach and it's like literally two minutes from my house. I'm like, okay, we're saying that, Yeah, this seems perfect. I can see you every day, that's all. Yeah, but it's only that I was really available.
Speaker 1: Too you know. So it was fate. Okay, and that's not my problem. I'm getting the best of both worlds exactly.
Speaker 3: I get the beach, I get my best friend, I get to go to watch the game.
Speaker 1: So what are you expecting then of the final? What do you think is gonna happen? Let's bet. Let's make a bet. We haven't don a bet in a while. Do you want to bet? It's fine, we'll be we'll bet dinner. You take, We'll bet dinner, but you already owe me one.
Speaker 2: And then you take your team and I'll ride right now with Salt Lake because they beat us.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm riding with Austin for sure? Is that that's what I mean?
Speaker 3: Okay, No, let's bet Babel from the bagel shop by your house.
Speaker 1: The bagels I want that?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, that's that's right next to my new house.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, well we're going there too. O. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I got a house, you guys, you red house. Okay, a really nice house.
Speaker 1: Everyone. We're really excited about it.
Speaker 3: So I move Friday, okay, oh yes, some stuff they do then packing all that kind of stuff. Yeah yeah, I'm looking around my house like right now, like, oh my God, we'll figure that out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm there.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, you that'll be your first workout and like pass out.
Speaker 1: Okay, So yeah, we're rolling with love, Austin. Yeah, I'm going with love. I think we're gonna take the first match. The first one doesn't matter. I know you can.
Speaker 3: So I think we'll take the first match, and I think we'll go I think we're gonna go to two up, no golden set.
Speaker 1: I'm calling it interesting. Yeah, we'll see. I don't know.
Speaker 2: If Saltlake plays plays like how they played against us, it'll be a really really good final.
Speaker 1: How do you how do you beat Saltlake? If you're giving out some notes.
Speaker 2: Well, last time I talked to you about this, I was like, serve them short.
Speaker 1: They struggle with that.
Speaker 2: They did not struggle with that last times, Alexa, So you know it's right.
Speaker 1: Now and short. Yeah, but like she's lethal in the middle.
Speaker 2: So if they're passing well and Polter's running the offense how she ran against us, it's kind of hard to stop. Yeah, So I'm not giving you any notes.
Speaker 3: We play each other all like four times, we should have all we need.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, Oh my gosh. Okay, So then after that. What are you doing for the off season?
Speaker 1: Off season?
Speaker 3: Just rehab, recovery, you know, boyfriends in Miami, so I'll be out there most of the time.
Speaker 1: You're gonna come see me there there. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, just recovering, rehabs, getting my body back to where it needs to be. And yeah, that's what about it traveling. Depending on how my trip goes this weekend, I'm gonna be going to Greece for a wedding, yeah, May seventh, and then I'd become a week in meek nose after that. So it just depends on how I'm feeling internally. So rough life, Yeah, sad, so sad.
Speaker 1: I have my soft girl life right now. You know that's good. Yeah, you're a deserve of it. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: I need to be taken care of the way I want to be taken care of, right, the way I want to be.
Speaker 1: Taken care of. Right For anyone listening, I'm going to send it just this clip, just the clip. Yeah, oh my gosh. So but yeah, what about you. It's off season, you're treating a national team this summer. What are you doing? No, honestly, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, the house that I gotta move into a house, so that's going to take a lot of my time. And then after that, I don't know. Maybe I'll pick up an internship somewhere. If anyone wants to hire me for something, hit me up. We'll probably we maybe we'll continue our podcast. I don't know what that will look like, but I have nothing. We have some trips planned, like not like Lockdown, but something's here and there that maybe we might do. But other than that, I'm just a free bird.
Speaker 1: You know. Are you going to Coachella? That's why you make it? No, that just happened.
Speaker 2: I made that for a friend, but she ended up not wearing it, So now I get to wenna.
Speaker 1: Yeah she didn't wear it.
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I don't hear it.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, she forgot to pick it up. That's okay, I forget her.
Speaker 1: Okay, so she didn't have it.
Speaker 2: That's what it was, okay, Yeah, no worries. But yeah, I've been crocheting my actual ass off making stuff.
Speaker 1: So I might even open a little business. We'll see. Cool. What about the sourdough you've given upon that?
Speaker 2: No, I'm still doing that. But I can't I can't crank out sourdough like enough to do anything. It would just it's just a hobby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, I have a lot of hobbies.
Speaker 2: I feel like if I could get paid to do hobbies, I would be so rich.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that would be my ultimate goal. I mean, you.
Speaker 3: Could just you know, learn how to monetize your hobbies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and put time into it. That's the thing I need more time.
Speaker 3: Have.
Speaker 1: Mean, once you retire in like five years, when I'm seventy five, seventy five, you guys, I don't know when I'll retire. Isn't that crazy? I think you're retired in like four years? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Maybe I felt like when I was playing abroad, I was like, Okay, once I turned thirty, that'll be like I'll definitely retire. And then this league happens so awesome, and now I can extend another ten Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think I'm for sure going to retire in two years. For sure. I'm gonna play this season, the next season and be done.
Speaker 2: Make sure we have this recording so that like when year five comes around, we're like, remember when you said that.
Speaker 3: What's funny is Aaron she always says, Kat, you always are going to retire Literally every.
Speaker 1: Year and she's like, and you play two more years. I'm like no, I know, like this is this.
Speaker 3: Is my.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you can do like Jordan Larson's farewell tour through the league, which was pretty cool. Get to like have people say nice things about you too. Yeah, it's really cool actually, Jordan, that you get to retire in the US and like be able to do it like this. Like I feel like that's every athlete stream, you know, because like if you retire.
Speaker 1: Overseas, they're like thanks, spy.
Speaker 2: You're actually like a yeah, it's like a thing, you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah somewhere, and I think they did.
Speaker 2: I think they retired it when like the last game or practice or something in Nebraska. So cool, very happy for her. I don't know why stop doing that. Yeah, I was having a moment here and then now it's a Muckbang.
Speaker 1: Team. Fresh gear from Adidas is what you need.
Speaker 2: The Adidas Love Collection just dropped and you can shop it right now. Hoodies, tease jerseys, whatever you're into, They've got it. And I am not exaggerating when I say the hoodies and cruise are ridiculously soft.
Speaker 1: You will not want to take them off, I promise.
Speaker 2: Check out the full Adidas Love Collection at Adidas dot Com, Slash US Slash l OVB League Awards, League MVB, Jordan Thompson the one and.
Speaker 3: Allston swept the Love Awards for sure.
Speaker 2: Girl, Yeah, our setter, Oh my gosh, our setter is the best human ever. And like the way that Micah guided her through this season two, like them as like their own setter team was like the coolest thing to see, like how much they loved each other and so it was actually a really cool thing. Like when we were doing media for semi finals, they had five of us come in to do like whatever media thing and it was Amber, Jordan, Kaisa, Ar Setter, Me and Jess and like Kaiza, Amber and Jordan all were supposed to tell each other like that they each won the award, and so it was like this snowball effect of like hey, Amber, you got middle of deer, Kaisa you got seid of the Jordan you got opposite of the ear. And it was like so cute to just see them all like have that moment together. Some tears were shed and it was like really beautiful and I'm just so happy for all of them.
Speaker 1: Amber two.
Speaker 2: Amber is on freaking real and they all just had solid, like full seasons.
Speaker 1: You know. It was just they were so consistent.
Speaker 2: Really well one game, no, it was like the whole time. So that was really cool for them.
Speaker 1: What are you laughing at? Yeah, I would agree.
Speaker 3: I definitely think, like, obviously Jordan is so deserving Manami.
Speaker 2: Manami, dude, semi final matches Manami, Like.
Speaker 1: She was, well, I have yeah, but I.
Speaker 2: Was like there were balls people were hitting like into six into like one six, tipping role shotting. She's running from the other side of the court, one arm, stabby digging these balls, and I was like, where the hell did you come from? Like unreal on she's unreal fairy. Yeah, and she just reads the game so well.
Speaker 3: So yeah, when they she was crying too. Yeah, it was very happy. Yeah. So Jordan Thompson m VP Opposite of the Year Jordan. Jordan has played like I am so in all this girl and so impressed with her, like every time I see her home, Like I just love watching her play. I love her attitude, I love her like sportsmanship. I just love how she's just like a dog, like when she does the little like plex thing, because Jordan, she knows she's little.
Speaker 1: She knows she's small. She knows, she knows, she knows. Yeah, that dog is big, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So to be able to watch her perform this season, either against her or just watching from home, has been so great, like definitely so deserving.
Speaker 2: So no, she's the best, Like I was, truly one of my favorite teammates to compete with for that reason alone, Like she's an absolute dog but also one of the like goofiest, funniest, like sweetest humans that I know, and so like when you can pair both of those and you can like have a lot of fun while you're playing, but also be like as intense as she is. And she's a great leader too, Like yeah, like total package. So truly an honor to get to play with her. It's been like really fun these last two years. Your coach, she's Coach of the Year two Sonya Wait you also we have Jordan Larson Outside of the year. Sorry yeah, Jordan Larson. Thank you for your service.
Speaker 1: Thank you govn the GOV.
Speaker 2: You've paved the way for a lot of the sixth rotation passing outside. So big appreciation there, my coach. Sonya's awesome. Like I'll stay in touch with her probably for a long time, like more like this, so super grateful for her. And also this is my first female coach that I've ever had professionally, So initially I was like a girl coach, Like I don't know how I feel about that, you know, like I've always had male coaches.
Speaker 1: No, it's just like a.
Speaker 2: Different because I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Like the like how it's going to be, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But the actual really cool part was like she's played abroad in all of these countries where like most of us have played, She played collegiately, she's coached, she's coaching internationally, Like she's done everything or been involved in like every piece that we've all done, so she like understands every single facet of like what we're going through. And I think that was really really valuable, and like the mental piece off the court, piece, the on the court whatever, like she was like, Okay, I get it, but this is mine.
Speaker 1: I know, just being a female. I know it was times y'all got on her damn nerves.
Speaker 2: For sure, Yeah, but that's like yeah, for sure. But I think that there was like a genuine level of respect of like us to her and like I really really liked playing for her.
Speaker 1: Great coach, like great human being too.
Speaker 2: So I've had a lot of coaches that are like good coaches but terrible dudes or like just yeah, I don't know, it's just it's different than a male coach. I feel like they just don't get it, you know, or they just want to like yell at you, yeah, yeah, stop up.
Speaker 1: Her? Do you want to do like.
Speaker 2: A like an awards of who Our favorite guests were our.
Speaker 3: Own serving serving pancakes sword.
Speaker 2: Speaking of pancakes, hold on, wait, can we t o for a second, and just so I can set the record straight. The pancake that I had in the semi final that went up and over the net and landed on their side and was a point was probably the coolest point in my whole entire life. And they didn't call it up and I just am here to say it was fully up.
Speaker 1: Did you see it?
Speaker 3: Set the record straight? Actually, I was sleeping on the game. I didn't watch the game, but I saw.
Speaker 2: Get this and that was this picture for this Well, it wasn't on there because it didn't count as a point.
Speaker 1: Okay, the block is blocking.
Speaker 2: They're blocking Claire on the outside, right, They hit kind of hits kind of like inside of Amber off her left hand. It's trickling back behind Amber. Okay, okay, Like it's like she kind of like it like a soft block, but like it's like a ricochet a touch. It's going right behind Amber. Like if she's where are you, I'm front row, so I'm in four. I'm like back.
Speaker 1: Into you'reupposed to play the tepe Okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like I'm like crashing kind of but like it's right on her, so I'm like, oh, sliding in late. WHOA ball bounces like it was it's not a ball that should have come up. I slide my in there. Abow pancake execution, beautiful bounces up, goes over the net lands on their side. I'll send you the clip. It was so cool. I had to hype that up. But I was like, this was the coolest point of my whole career, and then it wasn't actually a point, so uh that sucked anyway.
Speaker 1: I will I've never.
Speaker 3: Seen I never heard of a pancake bouncing that high. I will say that, but exactly tell it to the refs. My hand has to be underneath their solid exactly pink I got you certain Pink Awards, who wins Best Guest?
Speaker 1: Can we run through who we've had?
Speaker 2: Who have we had on from start to finish?
Speaker 1: We've had I'm must see my person.
Speaker 3: We've had Jordan, We've had Micah, We've had Logan with Nikki, We've had Amber. Amber was great, Carlinie, Carleni, Carlenie.
Speaker 1: Carl's episode was great.
Speaker 2: Carlinie is just so raw and unfiltered and it's hilarious to me.
Speaker 3: I had no idea she was like that, and I'm like, I want to be your friend. Carlenie's mind was my best guest for me. Carlinie, Okay, but who else do we have?
Speaker 1: We had? Yes, Yes, it was so cute.
Speaker 3: She was We had Brio'iley. Brie was a good one setter. Yeah, she's good.
Speaker 1: Well, because we.
Speaker 2: Did Micah Jordan when you were in hospital. I feel like it's like illegal to say them because like they're my teammates. But that one was really fun because we were just like shooting the shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so maybe I'll say.
Speaker 2: Them, Okay, Team MVP, Team MVP of like my my team?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like who shine Away? You didn't expect what younger players see yeah mm hmmmm. My team MVP.
Speaker 2: I feel like my team MVP would have to be I might to just say our setters collectively, even though Micah didn't play, but like Kaisa obviously had a great season. What Micah did with Kaisa and just like how they worked through everything together like was so cool.
Speaker 1: And also I have to throw Maddie walk.
Speaker 2: In there, because she was thrown in and like initially she was our dub subsetter and then Micah was like working her way back in, so now we have three setters, and like that's always a challenge when you have an odd man out.
Speaker 1: In the position.
Speaker 2: And I think that their dynamic was like so cool to see because they were all like, Okay, this is what it is.
Speaker 1: I understand my role and I'm going to do it really well.
Speaker 2: And like if I get placed, if I have to go play, like I'm going to go play and ball out, and like they were all just super encouraging of each other and it was really really cool to see.
Speaker 3: I just want to note that, like it's for the audience while we're emphasizing so much about like the relationships and the roles and then building up each other because it is so not foreign for players to be switched out and people be upset about it, like it's a real thing. It happens, and there's an unspoken beef, there's an elephant in a room. That's most of the situation that mostly that mostly happens when that switch kind of happens. But we're pros and we're playing at a high level, and we're mature, and I think it takes a lot of maturity and understanding to like when that role is switched or your your role is something that you're not, you said being, and you being able to stand in that and still give what you have regardless if it's not what you're used to everything about your character.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and I think there's a lot of sentiment online that's like, why isn't this person playing like they should be playing? They did this, and it's like, well, this league is stacked with like some of the best players in the world, So if they're not playing, like there's a reason why. Yeah, maybe it's talent, maybe it's attitude, maybe it's you never know, like it could be a multitude of reasons. But like if they're able to like understand that role and then like like the like our setters. Did you know, like all of them played the whole season. It wasn't like Okay, like this person is playing and I hate that and I'm gonna go pout on the bench. It was like no, like they're playing and I'm going to help them find a way to like make this team better. And I think that's why we had such success all season. So props to my setter, Girlies Love.
Speaker 3: I'll definitely like piggyback off of you. From that, I would say my team of the p is Carli Lloyd. She's just going right now, dude, But she's that's she does, you know what I mean. And I feel like like any other player, anybody else, like there's just days that you're on, days that you're off, and it doesn't like reflect to you who you are as an athlete, take away from you, but like everyone has those days and sometimes you know, you go through dry spills. We're just like freak I can't hit this ball, or freaka can't pass this ball, or freak I can't serve or dig a ball, whatever it is. And I think that like Carleague Number one like brought us to a championship last year, even going back and forth position in the set and being the starting set and not starting to the last season, and then she took our team all the way to the finals and we won with her, and then to coming to year two as a championship center and then like not really give an opportunity to play.
Speaker 1: That often, you know, most of the season, you know, take a back seat. That's hard.
Speaker 3: It has to be hard, you know, But again it takes that maturity and that level of like respect, knowing what your role is and still giving in that aspect just for it to turn around and be like, oh, by the way, right at the end, we need you back.
Speaker 1: To bring us to the ring championship home, you know.
Speaker 3: So, like I think that's a lot of your mental state. That's just a lot just in general. I think then she held it so well and done so well, and like Bree has supported her so so much, and they've always just been supportive of each other, and I think that like that's been a main reason why the team of our success, just like y'all assume, because like people have understood what needs to be done and they have the assignment and they still everyone felt still on the same page. We're going with this direction of this is what has to be to go this direction. I'm okay with that, and like they support anyway. So that's been great. Now That's why I would say Carly is my MVP for I love Carly.
Speaker 1: See Lloyd, Yeah, me too, who shined in a way that you did not.
Speaker 3: Expect from my team. Yeah, I'm gonna say.
Speaker 1: And then we did not expect. Do you want me to go first? Yeah, you go first? Something about mine? Okay?
Speaker 2: I got to say my labo, Lauren Bersenyo, Okay, because she was I'm a Lauren fan.
Speaker 1: She wasn't gonna be the libero.
Speaker 2: But then we found out that Justine was pregnant. Congrats, just seen on a beautiful baby boy. By the way, we love you, Lauren bald Out. Like we people were like, oh, like we don't know what to expect from her, and like you you're a rookie, you have low expectations. That's totally fine, and like she far exceeded that and I am so proud of her. And she's just an awesome teammate and like a sponge, you know, like I feel like just really willing to learn, like would be doing extra reps needed, like doing everything that she needed to be doing to like get better and be able to be at the professional level, and that.
Speaker 1: Just props to her because she did an amazing job. So yeah, I was l Yeah, me too.
Speaker 3: I always told you she how good she was when I saw her, like, you're so good and she gets so shy, she's so cute. Yeah, I'm going to go with my person my personationial thought. I'm going to go with Maddy Banks obviously coming from a new team and she's coming to Austin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, coming to Austin.
Speaker 3: It's you know, trying to be a passing secretation outside and especially like when ball controls like not.
Speaker 1: Our team's like biggest strand.
Speaker 3: I think Maddie's done a really good job as far as like holding it down and bringing the consistency for it. Obviously, Logan's passing has improved tremendously too, Like she's just been working really hard on that, so too. Yeah, I think Maddie coming in being on our new team, new dynamic, new City, and her just coming in and taking up of it, soaking up everything like you just said, and like really diving deep and buying into what we're trying to do here on our team. Has been great, So I would say she definitely surprising because I think it's it's easy to kind of fall fault into what you're used to in what you know, and I think Eric introduced a lot of new things that maybe some of us are weren't used to, and she definitely got into that with the rest of us.
Speaker 1: So yeah, props to her. Yeah, Maddy Banks, Yeah, girl fan, I like her. She's a sweetheart.
Speaker 2: Who are you most excited to see evolve next season?
Speaker 1: Next season?
Speaker 3: I think just like I will say, I can't wait to see Logan Lenicky play more on your team. I liked took mine, sorry Logan, And honestly, just the new rookies that are coming in next season. I think they have a really strong classes coming in to join Love. I'm assuming, I'm assuming, we're.
Speaker 2: Assuming, and we hope that they go where they will get some playing time.
Speaker 1: Because you just never know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean Atlanta at Lena's rookie came in and she started and she's just starting for them, you know, kind of on and off, but she was in there a lot too, you know what I mean. So yeah, yeah, I'm insted to see, like, yeah, your Logan and the new talent that's coming in for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say Logan too, So we don't have to I don't have to pick another one. Who is somebody that we didn't talk to this season that we got to get on the pod next season?
Speaker 3: Tom, I went every Tom, I think to have someone on the inside or Courtney, like talking with someone like on the inside of the league, Like, Yeah, it would be so cool.
Speaker 1: I think I almost say yes.
Speaker 3: Again, by the way, we don't do that.
Speaker 2: We could do that, okay to the people, Like I see all of the tiktoks and everything that people put out there, and I feel like there's questions that the people have that I'm also like those are valid, Like what I.
Speaker 1: Want to know, like how to improve our fan experience?
Speaker 2: Mmmm, because apparently that's a pretty hot topic. And you know, just like maybe bring the fan questions to somebody on the pod who's in a position of I can give you those answers maybe, And then yeah, I think.
Speaker 3: Having someone on the inside would be cool, And they think Tom would be surprisingly entertaining.
Speaker 1: Tom. We're calling you, are calling you, I know he on his phone. Championship week. How are you going to is there? You go I'm feeling good. You know, I've got some rest. You're alive. I'm feeling good. I'm alive, Thank god. Amen.
Speaker 3: No, I'm feeling good. I'm really pushing hard for my team. I'm inspired. I'm inspired for them. I heard that practice wasn't the best practice yesterday, but I mean, it's okay, get all that shit out now.
Speaker 1: And then bring the heat and the fire to the weekend. So okay, I'm feeling good. I'm feeling positive.
Speaker 3: I think you know, we've been in the position before, and you know, we know how to produce in these environments. I don't know if you know, but the pyramid is sold out. Really, there's no tickets unless you might find like general missions some a little bit on stub Hub.
Speaker 1: It's going to be tight.
Speaker 3: And what's crazy is they sold They sold so many tickets. No one even knew what teams are going to be there either, so that's which makes it more interesting. But it ain't no tickets online. So I'm excited about the atmosphere and to see what we create in that gym. It's gonna be cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: So you're game for you guys, and I'm excited about volleyball in the US.
Speaker 1: Woo. Yeah, but I'm sad that we're not there.
Speaker 3: Well, how are you feeling. You know, your game in the Golden Set and it wasn't what you wanted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it was tough, but I think I mean again, that is totally the nature of sport. There has to be a winner and a loser, and it is unfortunate that it was us. But I think like we had a great season in total, so I'm really proud of that.
Speaker 1: And there are moments that I.
Speaker 2: Wish I could take back in those games, but what can you do onward and upwards? So yeah, I'm just excited looking forward to year three. Kat and I are coming back. That's all we know.
Speaker 1: That's all you get to know. Tom, I didn't say that, she said it. It wasn't me. Obviously, I don't know anything neither. I plead the fifth. But yeah, no, I feeling good.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm back home now and maybe I'll go watch of games. But I don't know, I don't know how to hang out with me. Yeah no, that's that's a plus, honestly. So yeah, I guess I'm just uh, what's the what I'm looking for? Processing? Yeah, this season sense, But yeah.
Speaker 3: So what's your I think we can act on this. This is like how we first start our podcast. You know, me and Maddie became friends because she told people that I was her rose. So we're gonna end it of the season. Yeah, so what is your rose and your thorn of this season?
Speaker 2: Okay, the thorn definitely has to be losing in the semis for sure, But I think the rose is not even like this season. I think the rose is my team, like in total, because I think it's really really rare in the professional setting to get to work with a group of people that you really like. And I think I really love this team. So my Houston team, my dogs.
Speaker 1: Yeah h is uh?
Speaker 2: Anyway, yours your life, your rose has to be that you're alive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my rose, I'm breathing.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I would say my rose would be my health experience. I guess, as crazy as it sounds, just because like you don't really realize how much you're moving around and just like exerting your energy in so many places. And this has allowed me to really just kind of sit with myself and like, like I said, give more to myself. So I appreciate the humbleness of me being able to be still and just not have anywhere to be an athlete right now. Like I'm like, I would think about mind to me, I was like, imagine if I was healthy and I was like all the stresses I would have gone through in the past like three weeks of like all the other ship that's been going on most of the entire seasons. So I'm like, oh, the fact I've been able to kind of catch a break from that has been great. So I will say that the stillness I've gotten to reach in this time period and my thorn would be also I would say like this, you know, just like that was just such a scary moment, and right now I feel like I'm trying to keep my mind set of like I'm afraid of being sick again, you know. So I'm like, Okay, you're going to be fine, super unexpected. So I would say that, but everything happens for a reason, and I guess that happened when it did, and then this time I was really healthy under some good insurance from the league.
Speaker 1: You know, my contract is signed and everything.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it does make you I mean, like I obviously knew what you were going through and like I was walking into the gym every day, like, Okay, my friend is really struggling, Like that could have been anyone, you know, Like I'm gonna I'm going to enjoy this while I can, you know, because like you never know when something's gonna get taken away from you.
Speaker 1: So I'm so glad you're alive.
Speaker 2: And I do love you, and I love this podcast, and I hope everyone listens and everyone comes to our games. Obviously everyone's coming this weekend to the finals. Yeah, that's really exciting and also really exciting just in general for when the love LA team, Like that's so promising. You know, you're selling out an arena already. I don't know what's going on with that team, but cool that you already have like fans and interest. True keep coming back.
Speaker 3: Anyway, This is Serving Pancakes, It sure, girl can.
Speaker 2: This is Maddie and we'll catch you on the flip side.
Speaker 1: Class.
Speaker 3: Thanks for watching Serving Pancakes. Don't forget to hit the subscribe and like button. You can also listen to podcasts on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you listen to your podcast.
Speaker 1: See you on the flip side.