Speaker 1: My husband makes amazing cocktails. It's like if you can make a cocktail. Walk the spider out the door and then also take the garbage out. I'm sitting and spinning on it forever and all the time, forever and all of the time.
Speaker 2: So I can't sit and door spin anymore.
Speaker 3: Walk the spider out the door.
Speaker 2: I'm looking above my head. Are there any spiders?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Hey everyone, Welcome to adulting. I'm Michelbytel. That's Jordan Carlos.
Speaker 2: You know the deal.
Speaker 3: You know the deal for real. I'm grooving and Curson. How are you today?
Speaker 1: I'm good. I'm doing very well. Thank you for asking you know what I want to ask you, and I always forget. Are you into cookbooks?
Speaker 3: I wish I was into cookbooks, but I'm not. No, if I want to cook something, then the New York Times will tell me. And the New York Times their recipes are way too they're doing it again.
Speaker 1: Yes, you need like a cinnamon stick, not even like the ground cinnamon.
Speaker 2: And then you need a vanilla bean. You got time to do? Who got time to be cutting all these little parts of trees?
Speaker 5: And shit?
Speaker 3: Who got the like? You need savage strawberries? From the left side of a mountain in Hudson Valley, not the ones that the goats have trodden over.
Speaker 1: Like Jesus Christ, I know I always get the mushrooms wrong. I'm like, send a picture. There's so many different rooms, chantrelle.
Speaker 5: But it's.
Speaker 1: Why do you sound like that?
Speaker 3: That's how I always say. If I talk about Chaterell mushrooms, it has to be Chantreu. That has to be somebody's drag name is Chantrell.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yes, well we all know that my drag name, since I dyslexic, would be dick lexia.
Speaker 2: I've talked about it.
Speaker 1: I've talked about it, I've thought about it, and it will happen one day. I miss cookbooks. I loved growing up watching Julia Chi who total like misdoubt fire in the kitchen, and I have a couple of cookbooks like Eat Clean, Eat Healthy, like just so maybe I can like pull some ideas, like like I didn't know that you could use apple sauce or chiass as a substitute for eggs. I would love a cookbook where it is like family meals, Like it isn't just like the one thing, it's just like, how do I make these three things in quickly because I need to be efficient.
Speaker 2: Where am I going with this?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: I recently started getting cocktail books.
Speaker 3: I just bought a cocktail recipe book for someone, and I was like, I think it great.
Speaker 2: Get you guys.
Speaker 1: If you're looking to give a gift for somebody, I think a cocktail recipe book is the way to go. There's also this cocktail recipe book that I have that you can infuse your juices, so like if you're into your green juice or your beet juice, whatever, like these brothers put this cocktail book together and they tell you what juice will go with what alcohol. So, like I said, I'd like to be efficient with my time, like give me the vitamins and also get the tipsy, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So that's really fun.
Speaker 3: So for instance, like what works together.
Speaker 2: Vodka really goes with anything.
Speaker 3: It's the onion of alcohols, Vodka.
Speaker 2: And mess Cow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's sort of just like if you're not into Bloody Mary's and micheladas, there's other things you can do, but it's essentially like that. You can you could do like a mess Cow sour, but it be like ginger a little cayenne.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean, Like.
Speaker 2: Fuck it up.
Speaker 3: I always feel good about myself after drinking ginger. I'm like I did something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's got healing powers. Ginger and garlic.
Speaker 3: You be doing that?
Speaker 2: What you mean?
Speaker 3: Of course I didn't know that. I didn't know that. Let me know, Like Michelle, it's all a mystery, just like what do.
Speaker 2: You have known me for so long? You have known me for so long?
Speaker 3: But do you drink in the morning. I don't know what you drink in the morning?
Speaker 1: Like, come on, kids are the kids are into smoothies and yoga now, so that's very fun. And so I definitely get the frozen fruit that also has not spinach but kale, because kale, frozen kale breaks down easier than spinach spinach. You have a little film on your teeth sometimes.
Speaker 4: What look it mean?
Speaker 1: What I was gonna say is getting back to the cocktail pee book. I love a French seventy five. What goes in that it is a little simple syrup, little lemon zest champagne and then also like a little essence of lemon on top and is uh oh no, there's also a little bit of gin.
Speaker 3: And a little bit of gin. Yeah, Oh my gosh, that makes.
Speaker 2: Me like it's so good.
Speaker 1: It makes you feel like you are in the south of France or something, just looking at very warm ways just wash over your feet in the Mediterranean. It gives a vibe. Speaking of vibes, Oh my god, what can't she do? Very excited about our guest today, everybody, Rachel is like one of those people that you will just I mean, what I love about Rachel is that she is so singular. She's kookie, she's smart, she's a fun hot mess. She's also like such a hustler, such a hard worker, and so approachable.
Speaker 2: And then also her impressions.
Speaker 3: Yes, her impressions are amazing and so varied the ones of her mother. Or sometimes she likes to do like old voices from the nineteen forties. She likes to do like a mid Atlantic accent. For where is that coming?
Speaker 2: That is her brain? Her brain.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know you guys are gonna love her as much as we do. So yes, take a listen. What the fuck else are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: Please give it up for Rachel. Fine stuff.
Speaker 1: Very excited to bring our next guests out. That's the first time she's doing the show. Is this the first time y'all been to the show? No, make some noise if you have you been here before? Did I motorboat you hello? Thank you for coming to the show, Brooklyn. Yes, so this is her first time to the show.
Speaker 2: Our guest.
Speaker 1: She's a comedian, she's a writer, she's the mother. She's so fucking funny, and she's here. Rachel findes diner.
Speaker 3: Rachel, you look amazing, Rachel. Oh my god. You sit wherever you want, and sit wherever you want if you can sit here, Rachel finds on. Everybody, fucking thank you told me what to do backstage too.
Speaker 5: They gave me directions.
Speaker 2: Let me hold your drink while you sit down, because I know what that's like.
Speaker 5: I need wine. I'm like, I'm a real godless horn tonight, everybody. I'm just it's mommy's horn night out. By the way.
Speaker 1: Oh no, we need dad kids, we need dad kids.
Speaker 2: Let's get your table.
Speaker 3: Can somebody come clean me?
Speaker 5: I haven't been drank yet. This is just me. I'm a deep, deep pig. Thank you so much for clean. I should have been more ashamed by that moment, but it just made sense to me. I was like we were just talking about bad dates. Really, yes, I've had many. I had a guy once sort of narrate the date while I was on it, like I was in the middle of the date, and he was like, tonight, I'm met a very special girl. No yes, she made me laugh. She made me think like I was gonna be like, oh, I'm sick of guess and I want to know who the girl in the riddle is.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: You often also, when I dated online, and I admit that this is truly moronic and I'm ashamed of It's shameful what I'm about to say. But I put on my profile that I spoke Mandarin because I wanted more pokes. I wanted to get more pokes, all right, I said, I don't know. I thought it was like funny. I guess I'm an idiot. My brother's like, you know, that's like the most like spoken language in the world. And I was like, and then this guy wrote me this lovely message. He's like, finally somebody I can speak manager. And then, like some guys would ask on the day, I forgot that I wrote that, like on my profile, I said that my favorite book was like Hitler's sequel to mindkomf, which was a book about relationships called because I said so, no, I'm an idiot. They turned on me with that one. I don't even know if we could talk.
Speaker 1: About this but now, but wait a minute, I don't even know if we could talk about this because I don't know what's too personal. But also we'll never see these people again.
Speaker 3: Just kidding.
Speaker 5: Come to the show hostin wine you can ask me.
Speaker 1: Okay, I remember meeting one of your boyfriends at the time and we got into an argument. Do you remember that dude, Like this was a long time, we've known toother for a while. This was like two thousand and five, two thousand and six.
Speaker 5: Imagine I've did and it was deep morons. I can, I can.
Speaker 2: I just it was a dude that looked like Anderson Coopa a little bit.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, No. He was like an emergency alcoholic, like a deep.
Speaker 2: Was an emergency alcoholic.
Speaker 5: Like he was really hot and I ignored every red flag, but he was. He would play this like game like it's one of those games like you know that like fake war games. It was called like Aces High and they like pretend they go in combat and stuff like that, and he would refer to it as going to war, and I was like, but you're not. You're playing it. Get You're not a soldier. And he'd be like, you don't support me when I go on somebody's battle. And I'm like, but you're not. It's not happening. No, yeah, And then we would when he would come on the road with me, he would these like air shows after my shows, and then I would have to meet up with his other like war buddies, and they would tell like flying stories about like remember when we you know, had to evade that village, but none of this happened. This didn't happen.
Speaker 2: No, that's a red flag.
Speaker 5: Deep and hold each other. It wasn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's more red flags than the United Nations. That is like that.
Speaker 1: I have ignored red flags before, and they catch up with you.
Speaker 5: What was like the worst red flag?
Speaker 1: I seated a very attractive black man from Germany. I called him German Chocolate and first red flag. He ain't talk to his mama. I said, that's weird, but at least like have a story about why you didn't talk. He couldn't remember. I said, but you fine, And then he didn't go down.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, no, no, yeah, And.
Speaker 1: I was like, you cannot have the six without the nine, and like I try to teach him, and it looked like like kids eating vegetables they don't like.
Speaker 2: I was like, I can't do this, but I tried.
Speaker 1: So whenever someone's just like, oh, they don't go down, I'm like, then don't you don't go down?
Speaker 2: Then you don't go down.
Speaker 5: He was taking like he would do it, but he was big swings, but they didn't make any sense, like nothing was happening. He was very awful.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 5: He was even attempting to do he was just zooming in the wrong direction.
Speaker 2: Have you ever dated a comedian.
Speaker 5: I've never dated a comedian, and they never tried to date me. It's not like I've been like I have a boundary here. No one was asking.
Speaker 1: I mean I kind of like that too, though, because you know, I'm friends with some real hoes in the comedy community, and if they can't make it work for them, great, you know what I mean. But I'm like, make it work for you, because I don't think there's anything wrong with liking sex.
Speaker 2: It's just like, make it make sense.
Speaker 1: That's why I really love make the Stallion because she's so unapologized, and it's just like, yeah, you know, we shouldn't be shamed because we like what we like.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I mean I have a joke about it in my act. But like I like a thick necked, ignorant looking man, That's what I like. I like the guy who looks like he'd say follow the money when he's talking about the vaccine. Like I just I'm attracted to like a dusty, working class alcoholic that does his own research.
Speaker 3: But you're you're married to a fireman. A you got it?
Speaker 5: I got it? I did.
Speaker 3: Does he still have his mustache or he doesn't?
Speaker 5: He shaved his mustache? He's like all the guys at the firehouse were doing November right, And I'm like, oh, what are you doing for? Like the actual charities? Like I'm like, you can't just say that and like point to your dumb mustache. But he's like a technical hero, so I can only like mock him so much.
Speaker 2: How did you meet your husband?
Speaker 5: We were actually set up. I heard that men hang out at steakhouses, so I was going to like a steakhouse bar a man?
Speaker 3: What heard that steakhouses? What if Peter Losers soa dead cows what I know?
Speaker 5: You guys, I don't think I realized embarrassing that was. I was like telling people, I'm like I would be at like the comedy seller doing a spot. I'm like, I'm going to State House to.
Speaker 2: Fight a guy.
Speaker 5: My friend was like, this is alarming, Like it's not a good luck and I had no success. I was just like, it was such a wildly lonely time in my life. I was just like stirring a martini, just like leering at stranger's not.
Speaker 3: Okay, is there any steak that's better.
Speaker 5: For Oh no, the perview, I got nothing. I mean not even a whisper of dick at a steakhouse. And that is a medical form of measurement, a whisper of dick.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, what I love?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So Rachel's like my low budget Mariah Carey because when I met her in two thousand and whatever, you had curly ass hair and you were dating a Puerto Rican.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I thought you were Puerto Rican.
Speaker 5: I like to I double as a Reekan. Yes, I met him at the corner store and we lived together for a while.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: That's true. The bodega.
Speaker 5: Yes, the bodega. I met him at the bodega.
Speaker 3: My sister did that. My sister is literally going to marry a man that owns the bodega that she like lives downstairs from, which.
Speaker 5: Was already around this guy. I don't even know who he is that she's marrying, Like somebody could describe a man to me like that, and I'm like, I just right away, just you know, extremely attracted to him, have no information except that he owns it, right.
Speaker 3: I love this guy. But he's like he's thoughtful, he's caring, he's amazing, he's romantic. He can make a chop cheese, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So it's like, yeah, my husband is not like romantic, like at all, like pretty worthless at it. Like he when he proposed to me, he decided that he was going to drive down to Maryland to ask my father's permission to marry me. And I was like, that's so romantic that you did that. He goes, yeah, well, I also figured, you know, the iPhone's tax free in Delaware, so I could get it on the way the new I like, you weren't supposed to tell me that you were never supposed to say that out loud. He wild more on, but he told me, yeah, he's he's not like protective. I've always wanted to be one of those women, women that like a guy would like put their hand on, you know, my lower back and like guide me through a room. Nobody's ever like tucked me into a car and like referred to me as precious cargo. They're like, you got to get that. I'm like, yeah, I'm all right, I'm fine. I'll meet you at the hospital.
Speaker 3: He's a very fireman, though he would totally he protects you at the in the worst possible conditions. You know what.
Speaker 2: We experienced this together.
Speaker 1: Because he's a fireman, he doesn't react to shit the way normal people do. He's like, it's still fine. I'm like, I think the dog is gonna drown. Like you guys came over. He went on a kayak. I was dog sitting a dog who loves to chase people in kayaks, and this dog went so far that her and I are screaming as if we were like in castaway. We're like back and he's just like, the looks like it's just gonna sink to the bottom.
Speaker 5: It was I'm running you guys, It's like my first play date, like after COVID, Like I never had a play date before, like I gave birth to with the fireman husband in like the height of COVID. This is the first time I go to somebody's house. All right, My fucking husband takes her kayak out like past like there's all kinds of fucking tapes.
Speaker 2: And it was like he was with muscles.
Speaker 5: Yes, it was like no, don't come near here like never, you know, like there's a lot of skulls and he just fucking breaks the ribbon and we're like waving at him. I'm like, the kids have to nap, get back here. Then the dog chases my husband right chases.
Speaker 1: I was losing the dog in the distance, and I was like it felt like meet the parents where I'm like, do I have to get another dog that looks just like this dog? Is that gonna be my Do I have to find the other because the dog just kept going to Aska come back, and then my service neighbors just like the fuck is wrong with this drunk bitch again.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm not drunk, I'm tipsy and worried.
Speaker 3: There's a dog out there.
Speaker 1: I ran bear with my bare cute, little fucking feet too very lovely.
Speaker 2: I didn't know, thank you when I can see them over my tits.
Speaker 1: I'm like the job ran to my neighbor's house that was a vent, like he could help. He wasn't there. Turns out he was there. He didn't answer. I was like, oh, I weren't answering fun.
Speaker 5: How horrifying this was? Like her husband drove home from work. Yeah, in the time, my husband was like trying to find new land. I'm like, you.
Speaker 1: Dickhead, yeah, yeah, yeah, But then he came back. He finally saw us or wrecked like you know, he finally saw us. He came back, and the dog came back. It felt like thirty seven hours. It was probably twenty minutes.
Speaker 5: We were screaming the whole time of my life. When he came home. I was in different age.
Speaker 1: But the thing is, it's like we were we had lost a year off our life, and Pete came out of the kayak. He's like, beautiful, what the yes, beautiful weather, gorgeous. We were like the dog was that.
Speaker 2: He's like, oh yeah, I saw that dog.
Speaker 4: Really nice.
Speaker 1: One stop died because she was it wasn't even my dog was.
Speaker 2: Right, this dog?
Speaker 3: What was the dog like hardy enough? Was it a big dog? Or what kind of give a dog? You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Like you, that's what it feels like to be married to a first responder because they don't respond when you're like scared, because you know how like you know, a few people are like miss make you feel so safe. I'm like no, no, no, no, Like you know when you watch forensic files and the woman's calling nine one one and she's like, he's coming towards me like a Kilvin. They're like, ma'am, ma'am your address man, Like that's what it's like.
Speaker 1: It's terrible, but we need we need like one thing you like about your husband before we get to questions, what's the one thing?
Speaker 5: You know? He can fix things and that's funny. I was like this sweetheart.
Speaker 2: He also makes his own cambucha. That's very nice.
Speaker 3: He's good. He's a good egg. I like, I like, yeah, yes, he's a.
Speaker 5: Very good like he's a very good dad. And he also like look, I like firefighters. I mean I'm extremely aroused by all of them.
Speaker 3: Really, so.
Speaker 5: Like what he called the uniform does it for me? So like it could be a US uniform and I'm aroused. Yes, it could be any uniform at all, carvel ice cream.
Speaker 3: Do you like you like when he does? Like? Okay, let's say he has to go to some kind of like ceremony or something like that. He puts on that ceremonial fire.
Speaker 2: Set up the fantasy bitch.
Speaker 3: No, no, I like that. You might have set up as a fireman. I know about it, So do you.
Speaker 2: Dream about it?
Speaker 5: And his brother in law was at our like engagement party. He's like friends and he was at wedding. Yes, they're all.
Speaker 1: I saw him shirtless singing the the national anthema wedding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that was fun.
Speaker 5: Anyways, we have questions. I all love the Founding Fathers. They like cry about them when they drink.
Speaker 3: They're really Do you have a lot.
Speaker 2: Of friends that are Trump supporters?
Speaker 5: He yes. At the end of her wedding, are that My mom is like aggressively liberal, like she would have preferred if I married a Nigerian lesbian instead of like Irish fireman, like she was praying one of us was gay at the end of our wedding, like some firefight, drunk, red faced firefight against on the microphone. He's like, drump that just softly fell. It's onto his own dumb head.
Speaker 2: It's hard.
Speaker 5: But my husband's not. He's not a Trump guy. They got but but yeah, a lot of his friends they you know, I mean they all live at the firehouse together. Like you're not supposed to have man sleepovers for half your life. Like he comes back a lot dumber. I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: That, all right, what's just some questions from the audience. Ya, I'm moving from n y C.
Speaker 2: To l A.
Speaker 1: Any recommendations best practices for a cross country road trip. It depends you want to go in the middle, you want to go south.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would say good music, too short, blow the whistle, get involved. It's a fun road song.
Speaker 3: Best recommendations, I think. I think it's like, if you're going they said north to south or east to west, what's going on here? New York to LA, New York LA. What you want to do is probably hit you want to hit the Great Smoky Mountains. You want to hit the dismal swamps, right, and then you want to you want to hit the you know, as you cross. I'm sorry, I love I.
Speaker 1: Do love when he gives directions like Obama. It's my favorite.
Speaker 3: It's a beautiful land we have here. What you want to do is hit all the national parks in the beautiful cities as well. You want to hit you want to go to Nashville, you want to.
Speaker 5: Go get some soft piano music. Should do that national parks? What the fuck?
Speaker 3: Use your stomach as you travel and you will see the culture of this country. Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: I love that answer.
Speaker 5: You're a good dad.
Speaker 3: Okay, what is this? You seem like a very empathetic person and someone who cries unapologetically. How do you stay resilient in a world with lots to cry about? Is that you? Or?
Speaker 2: I feel like the questions for me? Is that cry all the time? I love it.
Speaker 5: I like when we FaceTime, we've cried and wined on Facebook?
Speaker 4: Have you know?
Speaker 1: I always I always say if you can't experience the bad, then you don't know how good the good is. So I say, feel your motherfucking feelings because they will serve you.
Speaker 5: Don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't stifle that shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and just because you're crying doesn't mean you're not strong.
Speaker 5: Michelle is like the loveliest, most supportive friend. You were so sweet when Frankie was born, and you sent me so many sweet, lovely, adorable messages and yeah, both of you guys are really good parents. So thank you gave me a lot of good advice. I was like terrified. I wasn't.
Speaker 2: Well, it's terrifying. Nobody sets you up.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like, don't have sex, or and don't get pregnant, or get married quickly and then have kids.
Speaker 2: There's nothing in between, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: And it's just like gain a lot of weight for your baby, then lose a lot of weight because we don't want to look at your body, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's just like, what the fuck? Can we just live? Fuck bitch? Okay, that actually roll?
Speaker 5: Let us live? Everybody fun.
Speaker 1: Is it inappropriate to wear a cutish outfit to a funeral? Or or should we dress homely and sad?
Speaker 5: Crop top?
Speaker 3: Crop top?
Speaker 5: When I go to funeral, I dress like a well oiled bitch. That's kidding.
Speaker 3: Now what do you think?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: I say, look sexy, man? You still live?
Speaker 5: Fuck?
Speaker 3: Yeah, fucker, don How do you feel about it? I always go sexy to funerals. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I thought you, I know you do, Poppy. I know you do.
Speaker 3: I was just thinking, like, you can't say funeral without saying fun So you know that's good.
Speaker 5: I liked it. You guys, come on, you should have supported that. Fucking How do you.
Speaker 1: Approach a friend who said they'd show up for you and flaked out without any words?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I feel like these people are in the room right now, like both of them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I need more wine for that one.
Speaker 1: You know what, I find like I have had no problem being in an office setting.
Speaker 3: I'd love some rise. I'm so sorry. I love you. I can feel you looking at me.
Speaker 2: Okay, can I continue?
Speaker 3: Yes? Very much?
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll support you, habit. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's easier for me to ask a boss what I want, but it's hard for me to tell a friend they've hurt me. And yeah, I mean, I'm still learning how to do it.
Speaker 2: But you know, as long as I start with I love you.
Speaker 1: And I know you probably didn't mean it, but this is what happened, and this is how it made me feel like And if the they get defensive, I just simply say, if you're not ready to talk about it, this cool. I don't feel like this is productive, So you give me a call when you're ready to talk, because I'm What I'm not gonna do is get into it with someone I love. That's crazy. So I hope that helps. It helped three people. The rest of y'all don't give a fuck.
Speaker 3: I think they were just processing it, that's all I know.
Speaker 5: I think it was powerful, like they went back into their own memory bank, disappointed by people that they're like, yeah, I should have said that.
Speaker 3: Shit.
Speaker 5: They were taking notes on their phones, they were texting themselves.
Speaker 2: Shit, this is wild.
Speaker 1: What should I do If I'm haunted by the ghost of my mother in law?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, tell Jordan Peele so he can make a movie.
Speaker 3: About it, the ghost of my mother. Well, then then obviously someone's you feel as though you need to live up to that person, right oooh okay in network, but that person isn't with us anymore. And if someone is making you feel that way, let them know, you know what I mean, Like, obviously it's the spouse, So uh, let your spouse know, let them know that you aren't them, and that's that's probably your spouse grieving. And I mean, once we unpack our villains, what the fuck. Uh wow, they can't hurt us anymore.
Speaker 5: Oh, I feel like certain people like you, like you feel smarter in front of another ones you run dumb like I run real dumb with Jordan, like, I was just like what I feel remedial when I'm not remart real bitch, I don't even I have to like stop my mind. I'm like, listen, listen, bitch.
Speaker 3: I'm not smart. I just have an astigmatism, and so.
Speaker 7: That's why people just figure like that guy, he has read.
Speaker 5: Some books sarcastic and Jewish, but I have no information, like I never stop it. Thank you. I'll take that in. I never went to college. I moved to New York with like this guy, and I talked to.
Speaker 1: Your mom about why you didn't go to college. And wait, at your daughter's first birthday, yes, it was hilarious. She's like she saw me with my twins a ruggling because my baby girl, Hazel will just like it looks like she's doing a TikTok dance for everybody. I'm like, it's just it's natural. And then Otis doesn't really like people. He keeps saying I'm shy, and he's just in a corner reading his book and it's real cute, but like, I don't have enough hands for all of them. And your mom was like, each kid needs something different.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I was worried about my kid when she didn't want to go to college. And then I realized that she's going to take care of herself and do something different. And I was like word, And then I had to change a shit diaper.
Speaker 5: They don't stop shit, said that, but that's good to know. Like my mom though, but she's so liberal. Like when I said I wanted to move to New York with like a guy in his band when I was seventeen, she called sick sister. She had like no follow up question. She was just like on the front lawn and a dashiki or some shit like strong Ram and Rock. I'm like, you should have another question, right, do you want address at all? Like she didn't want anything.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: That's not me, but I love it. Yeah, what's the question?
Speaker 5: Okay, what do you get a friend who had her first baby thoughtful without breaking the bank. I'm going to say a run dmc onesie.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's a solid choice.
Speaker 1: I say food, Just send a meal, just uber eats like a pizza over there because you too tired of think about where you gonna put in your mouth.
Speaker 2: I know, I am.
Speaker 3: There's I actually.
Speaker 5: Could use advice from you guys at an actual parenting thing that happened today. Sure please, that's the kind of thing that happens here. I don't know, I didn't read the Yeah why not? So I took my daughter to a tumbling class today, and you know, they have the little circle. There's like this little like mother gentle mother circle, and they all had their little kids in their laps and they're just like ethereal biblical expressions. And my fucking kid had no respect for that circle. She was like peace, fuck off, and she just zoomed in the other direction. And I was the only kid, and I'm trying to like make eye contact with the other parents, like like I was trying to make jokes like a comic, you know, But I'm like somebody like is there was like five kids just sitting in that circle, lit just fully circled. My kid didn't have no respect. What do I do?
Speaker 2: And it's pretty cool?
Speaker 5: It's okay, I think it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: No, that's like a sign of like curiosity and confidence. And I'm gonna do my own thing, kind of like you moving to New York at seventeen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what that is.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 3: That's very happy. Yeah, the apple doesn't fall far, that's right.
Speaker 5: You guys. Ever go to like any of those little parenting I did.
Speaker 1: I did, and I was like, this is sadisfuck, Like I got friends I would rather talk to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, like I can't catch a wave with these bitches, like they give me nothing.
Speaker 4: No, you know what.
Speaker 1: I love to call my I love to call my friends that are older and don't have kids, and they're like, this is fan fa bitch. I'll play with the kid and then go home, you know what I mean? Like yeah, yeah, my friends that you know love dogs but don't have time for a dog. I'll just drop my dog, like don't help me right back and pick the dog. So yeah, that's fucking fine. I will say, whether you man, whatever it is in life, it always feels like you're always doing it wrong. That's how fucking life is set up. So just keep telling yourself no, now we're still having fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you can.
Speaker 1: Think everything is fucking you know, like the way you drive, the way you dress, the way you settle work because the fuck you're right, fuck it, fuck us.
Speaker 2: I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 3: Focus.
Speaker 5: Let's go to a caller. Everybody, this is.
Speaker 3: You have to focus on the fun of those things. I used to I used to live over here in Guanas and I used to go to those kind of gatherings and I would just make fun of the names, you know, of the kids. Uh that's they'd be like, okay, so Ishmael, do you wanna do you want to sing? What about you? Nik? You know, like it was like the funnest ship. I was just trying to hold in my lap. It was a great last question.
Speaker 2: Oh do you have a question?
Speaker 3: It's kind of this is a serious question, so we can do the serious question and then that last question.
Speaker 2: Thanks for send it up?
Speaker 3: All right? So I turned thirty five and noticed I cannot be drunk all day anymore.
Speaker 5: Wind Oh my god, there's such a cocktail of problems in that sentence, like I need like a long nack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: When does this change? Or Am I an alcohol I hate it? Am I an alcoholic? That's the person's asking.
Speaker 1: I used to like, when I open the bottle of wine, you know, and my husband puts the cork back in it.
Speaker 2: I said, don't do that. Don't do that. It's gonna it's gonna taste like falsomach finnicot. Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: You open the wine, you drink the wine. Cut to me having heartburn in the middle of the night, just the fire between my tits. Said, this is not okay. It sucks when you can't do what you used to do. But just do something else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the body betrays.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't have to, you know.
Speaker 1: I think it's if you don't evolve, that's fucking weird, man, you know what I mean, Like do it.
Speaker 2: It's fine.
Speaker 1: Drink something else, do something less, go for a walk, go to fucking free playing in the park.
Speaker 2: Oh fucking note.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a certain point where it's like I have friends that are like shots shot. I'm like, no, Joe DeRosa coming down, he said, Joe DeRosa loves shots and we're in our forties.
Speaker 2: He's like, come on, man, if you really love me, that's it. This is not Season one of the Jersey Short Bitch.
Speaker 1: I don't have to do anything that tastes like rubbing alcoholl uh. Last time I saw it, don he was like, I'm on my health cake and I'm like, I love that for you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I am. I'm drinking less. I drink hardkom butcha a lot. Now that's my alcohol of choice.
Speaker 2: What does a little head.
Speaker 7: It's kombucha that they ferment a little more so, like it's a little alcohol.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, my husband makes that. That's what he makes.
Speaker 3: He basically like cider. That's all it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you call it hard. That's so cute. That's cute.
Speaker 1: Good for you, and it's good for like the little things in the stomach of stuff.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I can't process alcohol the same sometimes. Yeah, I definitely can't. Joe DeRosa try to get me to do shots. I couldn't do the shot.
Speaker 1: Oh shot, that's how I black out, Like I want to remember what happened, you know. Yes, I used to do shots and wake up with like a donut in my person and be.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't know. Well, at least I'm prepared.
Speaker 3: If you're gonna drink, if you're gonna drink to whatever extent you're gonna drink, If you're like I want to maintain this level of drinking as I get thirty five, then you need. You need to start eating as you drink as well, like you can't. Yeah, you gotta get like the European model where it's just like you gotta get like.
Speaker 1: A maybe you just need a little Edi bowl feel a little.
Speaker 2: Something or a lot.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I do a lot of feeding when I'm drinking. It's very satisfied. I just like to lay in bed and just shovel sweet treats to my dumb face.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 1: I've seen it. It's like something out of like a seth Rogen movie, like you would not think.
Speaker 3: Final question.
Speaker 5: You have a lot of FaceTime wide sessions Michelle and I, so just get off our deck because that's where the party is.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Last question, and this is for everyone on the stage. What's your favorite washing machine cycle?
Speaker 3: For what?
Speaker 5: Fucking Jensil, I'm a deep ignorant moron.
Speaker 3: I thought they meant as in, you know, if you're gonna, you know, celebrate with another person's body. You know they're on the sitting on a washing machine. You've never.
Speaker 2: A washing machine do their hands and say celebrate. You sound like you're Mormon, like fresh off the compounds.
Speaker 5: How don't you know that? I'm so impressed you're.
Speaker 3: Going to consumm age love with another I'm gonna answer it straight up.
Speaker 1: Favorite machine cycle for me on the go? I like a twenty in it cold wash gets everything clean.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't need to use all that hot water.
Speaker 1: But I'm really happy for the sanitized option.
Speaker 5: With all the sanitized I need to get.
Speaker 3: If you have kids and they do they go like Brown Town in their pants, you have to throw. You have to throw the you have to throw.
Speaker 1: The disgust, sanitize it. It just takes care of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like it's great.
Speaker 5: Oh I didn't know this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's necessary.
Speaker 5: Fuck changing on a stage right now.
Speaker 1: I did have sex on a washing machine one time. Yeah, and it wasn't the washing machine. It was the dryer and it was tumble.
Speaker 5: You had like have you had? It was hard, it was very other like fun loving places.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I a journalist. Look at me, What a dickhead.
Speaker 1: I have been fingerfuked all over the five Burrows like you know, it is what it is. Backseat of a taxi. I got gum stuck on a guy's dick. We can move on.
Speaker 3: I never I've never fucked in public, but I have made love. Okay, where where?
Speaker 5: Where?
Speaker 3: Where? Where?
Speaker 1: Were at the fucking Central Park after the freak play?
Speaker 3: What a beach?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Every time I ordered the drinks stand on?
Speaker 2: What is that beach? What is it?
Speaker 5: Sex on the beach?
Speaker 2: My uncle?
Speaker 1: Who's such a pull my finger, dude, He's like, you know what happens when you have sex on the beach? So well, Uncle Louis, he goes, you get standing your ass?
Speaker 2: I say, shouldn't you call it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All the time, I'm like, should you call one of your wives? Like, stop it all right? Don public sex?
Speaker 7: Go Lincoln thinner, that's the classiest.
Speaker 5: Class is what our forefathers.
Speaker 4: What have I wanted?
Speaker 6: Nation?
Speaker 5: I need more?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: He's like, wow, everybody, I want you guys to just download this for Was she thigger than a snigger? That's what we all want to know.
Speaker 7: You were at La Traviata, it was she wasn't the thicker than a snicker?
Speaker 1: What the fuck does it even mean? Okay, where was it in the bathroom?
Speaker 7: It was like kind of like off to this it was. It wasn't in the Lincoln Center. It was kind of outside the Lincoln Center.
Speaker 3: PJ. Clark like off to the side of the Lincoln Center.
Speaker 4: Was she a hooker?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Whoa? Whoa? Were you at Fordham? Were you at Fordham University? Like? How far away were you? No? We did. We went to the movies. We were hanging out, and I was a.
Speaker 2: Good as Did you get her popcorn? Because I would have.
Speaker 3: I did get her popcorn.
Speaker 1: See what happens when you buy people popcorn at a movie?
Speaker 2: Okay, just say it, but it's salt. I get a little action.
Speaker 7: But you know, it was in Brooklyn. She was in a whole other borough. So it was like we had to make it happen where it was happening.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. A lot of commuting popping off.
Speaker 1: That's wild as fuck. Okay, favorite machine wall Rachel, please go.
Speaker 5: No one's ever wanted to like have sex with me that urgently, Like they're always like we could wait till a couple hours. I've never felt that kind of urg like I need a slammer again, so like we'll circle back in the living room in four hours. That sounds good. Larry's never even told me that I'm the best they've ever had. Like, no one's told me that lie, Like they know I phone it in. You know what I mean. I'm not. No one's even been able to be like you're the bet. Now they know I'm not. I bring very little to the table, very little. Yeah, Like I just want to Yeah, I don't. There's a lot a lot of foolishness happening with me. I can't do a lot of acrobatic coorse.
Speaker 3: Shit.
Speaker 5: No, I'm tired. It's very basic, very basic. Yeah, I'm not. I don't know. Like my friends will to say shit, they say to men. Bet. I hear my mom in the room, disappointed me, Like really, Rachel, ram me harder? Is that what the girls say at school? I can't.
Speaker 6: So we ask our guests, sorry, what's the most adult thing you would like to do for yourself that you haven't yet?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: This year?
Speaker 5: I just thought I was like being put down like a dog. Everybody's like, well, she's out of control. Let's just sorry.
Speaker 1: What was What's the most adult thing you want to do for yourself this year that you haven't And it could be anything like truly, anything that's.
Speaker 3: Interesting, say travel some people.
Speaker 2: You don't have to give her.
Speaker 5: Just decided to be the answers I really wanted to. I want to run without hoop earrings, and that's definitely one of the things. I want to run in, like a runner's outfit. Like I run where people are like are you okay? Like just something happen. I run like I'm escaping. I wear like the outfit. I run like I'm just like left in argument with a boyfriend or something. I want to like run like I want to wear. You know, some people just know what you wear to run, like you wear some fucking fanny pack shit, like you have your phone in it. I'm always like holding something and like a Forever twenty one skirt or some shit. I yeah, I want to take a fucking adult jog.
Speaker 3: Yes, this is crazy. Would you like to go running with me? Yes? And would you like to challenge teenagers to races around that track?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I want to start running. Wait is this real?
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, this is real? Rachel find sign everybody thank you?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes yes every time. Rachie Rage. Rachie Rage saves the day, Oh my gosh. And it's so hard because I know that she was trying to find childcare and make it happen with her daughter, you know, her lovely, lovely daughter, and it's just so hard because first of all, she works at night. Her husband's a fireman, but she does it all. He's a fireman, yeah, fire person.
Speaker 2: He's a person man.
Speaker 3: Yes, and he's got a great if you've never met him, he has the most luxurious.
Speaker 2: How the fuck people can.
Speaker 3: Listen to this and uh oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh Jordan, are you hungry?
Speaker 2: Jordan's are you hungry? Do you need a little snack?
Speaker 3: I have some? I think I have some chewy nerds in hair.
Speaker 1: My goodness. Also side note, I'm going to bring it black. I love how long your hair is getting.
Speaker 3: Thank you? Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: Is it hard to manage or or you're just like into it?
Speaker 3: No, I'm into it. I've been doing all the things. Definitely condition every week and then coconut oil like every morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's beautiful. Would you do a faux hawk?
Speaker 3: Good question, great question. My head is so it just looks like it looks like a Thanksgiving squash. So we're just not gonna kiss the season, bitch, it is in season to have I had liked.
Speaker 2: My head looks like an albino pumpkin.
Speaker 3: You have a nice shaped head. Why don't you stop stop?
Speaker 1: Well, now you know what it feels like when your friend's saying something bad about themselves.
Speaker 3: I'm beating everybody with the punch. That's what I'm doing. Are you sure you're not I'm a little hunkies. I only had a tea for breakfast and then I had like a smoothie for lunch. So I'm I did a cleanse. I did a seven day cleanse, and then the kind of the I know, right, I did a seven day cleanse. I think I'm gonna do a twenty one day after.
Speaker 2: Are you in la right now? You've changed?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: I think yeah. I mean, I'm just trying to try to live, you know. And I dropped five pounds, and so you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: Was that the goal to drop five pounds or to give your body a reset?
Speaker 3: The goal was to give my body a reset and to not like every time I woke up in the morning and swung a leg over in the bed to get up and not be like yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, y. You know. I wanted to feel better about my bod and to feel more more powerful and just in control of my faculties.
Speaker 1: If that makes sense, Okay, sure, yeah, I just no, I just get you know, I just I wrote a book called Survival the Thickest. I am filming a TV show that also Survival the Thickest, And so there is this conversation on set a lot where people like to do cleanses and fast and I just always want to know and make sure that you're doing it safely, you're doing it for the right reasons, and that you don't feel like you have to do it all the time because it is a quick, easy fix to fast What is that saying, Like, matter where you go, there you are. I just want to make sure our listeners are addie bodies, are fatty baddies and everybody in motherfucking between, that you love yourself no matter what. It's okay to not like certain things, but you should definitely come from a place to love and like love them because they're yours and they're special. And if you feel like doing a cleanse or fasting do. I mean, it's really good to give your body a little reset if you want, But you also don't have to if you don't want.
Speaker 3: To have to.
Speaker 1: Like No, when I did the last cleans I did, I don't remember. It was a couple of years ago. I was just still surprised how much I was still pooping. I'm like, God, there's still so.
Speaker 4: Much in there.
Speaker 2: I was on duty.
Speaker 1: Duty, yo, I was like going abround down like it was an express train.
Speaker 2: It was crazy.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh wow, yeah there is there is that there's a lot of evacuation. But I feel like what was happening for me was it was just like I'd never done it before and it was fascinating. It put in high relief for me just how negative I am when it comes to trying or challenging myself. Because the voices that came up were so negative in me just trying it for a day or two that I was like, oh, okay, I gotta do this because what's welling up in me is just like the no, you can't. And I really I hated that. And it's like you want yourself to succeed until you do, and I hate that about myself and I want to just like try something different. The challenges myself and the challenges me excuse me. And that's why I did it. But I feel you completely, you know, like I've had major surgery like on my knee and on my back, so I've had to learn to love my body, you know. Lung collapse like that. My body fails me sometimes and I just kind of wanted to be the hammer, not the name, and things happened to me and I was like, I want to take the more proactive. Yes, take control.
Speaker 2: And also you do so much. You're doing it all true, so it doesn't feel like it, but you are winning.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you friend. But you're right, You're absolutely right. We need to love the skin that we're in and why we do it. It shouldn't be because this world is so like image I don't have For instance, I don't have a scale, don't have one.
Speaker 2: So how do you know you lost five pounds because.
Speaker 3: I went to my mother in law's house, sense sana suit scale, those like got it. I had to know, you know, like curiosity took over for a minute. But like it's just more like I have the energy to do the things and not and don't get short with my kids and you know, go to the grocery store, happily, do all the chores and things that need to be done in my life. I'm more of a happy warrior about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it isn't always about being laser focused. It's like just trying to focus, you know, like a yoga class like.
Speaker 3: And I got alo pants.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he's got his leg up. Everybody, this is a good time to end the episode. I just want to tell everyone you know, you are beautiful, you are perfect, you are enough.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 3: I went to aloe.
Speaker 2: The episode's over.
Speaker 3: This has been an exactly right production.
Speaker 2: Our senior producer is Natalie Wrinn.
Speaker 3: Senior managing Producer is Hannah Kyle Krauigne.
Speaker 1: This episode was sound designed and engineered by Ryo bomb.
Speaker 2: Our guest booker is Patrick Cottner.
Speaker 3: Our theme song in live show, Djang is by DJ don Well. This Bellhouse show is produced by Mary Ann Ways.
Speaker 1: Photography by Christ Fender, most artwork by Jamie Bechtel. Executive produced by Karen Kilgarriff, Georgia Hartstark and Danielle Kramer.
Speaker 3: Follow the show on Instagram at adulting the Pot.
Speaker 1: Email your questions to Adulting Questions at gmail dot com.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm