Speaker 1: Adam, Adam Aden, Caryl Lone. She's a queen and talking and so she's getting really.
Speaker 2: Not afraid to fail.
Speaker 1: This episode, so just let it flow. No one can do we quiet, Cary Lone. It sound like Carolne.
Speaker 3: We're back with Nay Johnson. We had your life story and your journey, your musical journey on Monday, and I mean I have had the privilege of knowing you for a long time and having some chapters of my own life with you, and it was just like really cool to see how you are just speaking your truth and being your truth in your music, your marriage, motherhood, all that you are. It's exciting. I feel like you are like truly in a season of just like this is like the moment because it's all come together for you to actually.
Speaker 2: Feels like a special Yeah, a special season for sure.
Speaker 3: You have two songs out, you're putting a full length album out, you're married.
Speaker 2: I mean you have a lot. Wow, when you put it that way, I am winning.
Speaker 3: So like got to God came back to this life with like a whole new vision of life itself and death and just the whole process of being human. You're really wise. You've got a lot of wisdom you so thank you for sharing. And now we're going to draw off some cards. So just pick three cards and will tell me more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which you're called feeling this one?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I'm feeling this one okay. And I'm feeling this one okay. And they're not tarot cards, they're wisdom. Okay, maybe that one because it fell.
Speaker 3: Oh these two? Yeah, they want you Okay, Okay, that's five.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Let's see what they say.
Speaker 2: If you could be famous for something, what would you want it to be? Hmmm? Probably it could be famous for something. I don't really really want to be that famous. I get that. Probably being a great storyteller. Yeah, I love that. Okay, Okay. Next, what's a gift someone gave you that you'll never forget. I have a beautiful five thousand year old arrowhead that my brother gave me. And maybe it's even a little bit older, but it's around five thousand years old and it means a lot to me. It's a ceremonial piece. He finds. He has thousands of arrowheads. He has like a gift in finding them, and that's something I really really cherish. I cherish that airhead. It has so much energy on it. Really you can feel it. Oh my god, it's crazy. It's amazing. And I carry it around with me. And do you feel something when you create a out with you? Yeah, I feel I feel protection from it. I feel it reminds me again to like get outside, and sometimes it calls me to build fires. I know that sounds weird, but sometimes I'll feel like I need to build a fire when I'm with there.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 3: That's amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know it's pretty weird. But know where that comes from. If you could make a wish come true for someone else, what would it be?
Speaker 3: M M.
Speaker 2: I wish some healing for a couple of people that come into my head, spiritual and physical, and I wish that comes true, and maybe it will. I love that when you imagine your happy place, where is it and what are you doing there? I'm sitting in the middle of a creek in a creek bed, probably pretty cool, But I love I love like thick, dense forest, and I love the way it sounds, and I love the way it feels, and I love the way I feel when I'm in it. And I also living in the mountains, like so, mountains are a pyramid shape, and streams that are on mountains are turbocharged with energy, good energy, and so if you put your feet in a creek in a mountain, it's like it's amazing. So that's where I see myself in a happy place. Okay, I love that was the highlight of your day today. This This and my daughter she woke up this morning and she sat right up and she said Paka and that's her grandpa, that's what she calls him. And he's here right now taking like he's so cute with her. But she has a really special relationship with him. I didn't know my grandparents, so it's really beautiful to watch that. That's amazing. But this reconnected with you, I'm like, oh, getting to dive deep intogether again, that's been like definitely my highlight. Isn't it cool?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: How life?
Speaker 3: And I think, like getting older going through all these seasons, you realize all these chapters are so important and they're so cool and like even like some of themes we talked about about your life on the podcast, like some of them were painful in the season, but like you kind of look back and it's like, wow, that really made you into this incredible person.
Speaker 2: Yes, and if you well it also it's funny. It's like this is so cliche, but like your life prepares you for your life. Oh it really does. I mean, like Carolyn, I grew up in a bus with nine people and then like that became my life. I like lived on a bus with eight seven or eight people and way nicer us and way nicer bunk. But it did like those closed spaces, like some people are in complete and utter culture shock when they get out on the road and they you know, it takes a minute to integrate. But like I was like, oh I know this well you know ready, Yeah, it's so interesting, And I've had so many of those where it just like I felt prepared for certain times.
Speaker 3: And chapters do end. That's another thing I have learned a lot in my life is like it's okay, you know, like sometimes it's so people want to fight the ending of a chapter, but like sometimes it does needs to end, and then because you allow it to, it creates space for all because like if you're holding space, it's something that needs to be over you can't.
Speaker 2: Or like even learning to recognize when the chapter's ending. And I think maybe sometimes I've been there where I've fought against the end of a chapter because I just didn't be a wisdom to know that that's what was happening. When it's too scary coming to an end, right, I know, or it's too scary to close it, right, I mean, it's there's funny. Our pastor used this analogy once. He was like, imagine the ski season ending and like someone's out there and they're shorts, like skiing down the mountain where there's no snow, Like the season's over, dude, Yeah, you're gonna get hurt now if you don't let the season go, So you need to take your skis off and go to the water. It was just interesting. I was like, yeah, that's so true, and I think that's something maybe we'll learn. I'll go probably learn that my whole life. But like you know, sometimes season's end and you're scared of it or you're not really sure that that's what's happening, and like, yeah, have.
Speaker 3: Led to something really much more beautiful than you could have imagined. Though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And I haven't done anything that didn't scare me to death that wasn't like the best thing I ever did, including getting pregnant. I was terrified when I got pregnant. I was like, oh my god, what were you scared of? I had a lot of career fear. I get that a ton. Yeah, And I immediately started looking around for like other women that had done it, and nobody, hardly anyone having a.
Speaker 3: Baby as a female singers is like, yeah, kiss of death.
Speaker 2: It made it a piss of death, and I you just have to make it look the way that you want it to look, because there aren't a lot of examples. But I had a ton of career fear and then that started to subside once I started making a new record. But like without her being born, like I don't know if I'm put onto this path of like really singing about my life like this, and it's the best thing I ever did. So yeah, I think that the having a family was probably something I was like really really scared about, and that was a chapter that was I also really wanted, you know, I didn't know what I was going to look like. So yeah, and so now I'm in this chapter and it's so like fruitful and juicy and like full of creativity, and it's tough, it's hard, but it's so good and it's so good. Everything that I do in a day that's like so hard at the end, it's just so worth it. Like I say, it's like the like the highest ecstasy and the lowest depression every single day. No no I as well.
Speaker 3: Naomi, thank you so much for joining me.
Speaker 1: This was awesome.
Speaker 3: Everyone her new music follow you on Instagram Naomi Johnson and new album coming.
Speaker 2: And Autumn in the right autumn.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, bye, thank you bye.