Speaker 1: Scotty. First, let's go Scotty. It says here that you have been actively committing marriage fraud for money, and you've been doing it for a year now, and you are not worried in the slightest that you will get caught. What exactly is marriage fraud?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: Geck, in my job, you're married, you get paid significantly more money. Really, you get uh yeah, more than double. So me and one of my buddies from oh I've known for a very very long time since like kindergarten, so over a decade, decided to just get married. And now I make a bunch of money and I buy him thinks sometimes and it all works out good for.
Speaker 2: The both of us.
Speaker 1: Now, when you say you decided to get married, what is the fraud element of this? Are you and your buddy legally married?
Speaker 2: We are?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, Scotty, I I have news for you. If you and your buddy are legally married, there is no fraud being taken place.
Speaker 3: I guess that's true, but it could still get me in trouble.
Speaker 1: Why would that get you in trouble?
Speaker 3: Well, if they they found out at work then that I just married to get paid, then I could definitely get.
Speaker 4: In some trouble.
Speaker 1: That doesn't make a lot of sense to me, because, okay, what's the whole point of Well, first of all, what what job do you work where they pay you double for getting married? I haven't heard of that before. I know that there's like tax benefits or whatever, but I haven't I've never heard of a job paying you extra for that.
Speaker 3: It's not necessarily double. So I'm in the military, and they give you an allowance for housing that house your spouse, and then they give you some other like allowance and stuff if you are married.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, so let's think about the core purpose of this program that they have or whatever it is, where they give you money to give to the person that you're married to. You said up front that you'd buy nice things for your husband.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I mean that's what that's what the money's for. The money's for you to buy nice things for your spouse, whom you're legally married to. I I I don't you know what I want to get to the point. What the point I'm trying to get to is where are you committing fraud? Here? You married this guy and now you're entitled to the benefits that your job is offering to married people.
Speaker 3: You know, That's that's an argument that I've heard some people make too, because like at work, I have to kind of go around the fact that I'm not gay because when I tell people, like especially that have rank, they like ask me questions about my husband and stuff, and you know, I have to. I've definitely told quite a few people that I'm bisexual. But like, do I really have to do that? Because nowhere does it say that I can't get married for a particular reason, Like.
Speaker 1: You don't have to be gay to get married to a man. You, I mean, you did it. You're not gay and you're to a man.
Speaker 2: It feels nice too.
Speaker 5: I love him.
Speaker 3: Also, I love my husband a lot.
Speaker 1: I again, you love him again? Not not also not a prerequisite for getting married. But Scotty, why do you feel as though you're committing fraud here?
Speaker 3: Maybe because it's like, well, I think I don't actually think it's fraud. I think that's kind of just like a a joke that I like to make about it. But in some sense, I guess, maybe just from what people at work have told me, the kind of like shame you for doing that? Well not some people. Some people think it's hilarious and a great idea, but other people think it's a terrible thing. Do you think you're bringing off the army feeling the government?
Speaker 1: Would you say, do you feel like it's a terrible thing and that you're ripping off the government?
Speaker 3: No, I think it's a great thing. I work my ass off and you know that that is what it is. I take my job seriously.
Speaker 1: And what does your husband and do? What does he sort of think about all this? How did he react to when you first pitched him the idea?
Speaker 3: We thought he was joking, and I kind of like pulled them the details of it and told him like the benefits you know he gets, like healthcare and stuff, and then he was on board pretty much right away.
Speaker 1: So my final question, I think we both.
Speaker 3: Time no, go ahead, Oh, I was kind of going to like hear the conversation a little bit different directions. I think both of us kind of think that the idea of marriage is not like stupid, but we don't either one of us really even agree with traditional marriage. So you think it's.
Speaker 1: So you are adverse to the idea of getting married for the purposes of tradition at some point in your life.
Speaker 2: Uh. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like, like, if you love somebody and that's who you want to spend the rest of your life with, why do you have to sign a paper that like binds you to that, you know, just do that just in the rest of your life with them, love them. Do you want to have kids?
Speaker 2: Do that?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: So my final question is, Okay, you've been married to you you say you've been married to your husband for about a year. How long do you anticipate this marriage will last? Do you guys see a divorce sometime in the future or will you be married forever?
Speaker 3: Uh? Probably just when I get out of the military. We'll just file for divorce and then that'll be that.
Speaker 1: Do you think that it will upset your husband when you eventually divorce him. Do you think he enjoys being married to you and would be devastated by the idea of a divorce.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so, beautiful.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much for calling Scotty.
Speaker 2: All right bye low.
Speaker 1: Huh. You know, honestly, the way that he put all of that, like he just made it sound really easy, which makes sense. I mean, theoretically, you should be able to marry a stranger. Pretty fat. I mean, there's no there's no downside to it. I guess he just made it sound so easy.
Speaker 2: Chat.
Speaker 1: Does anyone want to get married for like a day, just for fun, just to have a wedding, just because it would be nice? Hi? Dustin?
Speaker 2: Hello? How are you?
Speaker 1: Dustin? Hello, Dustin, it's me. It's the gag.
Speaker 5: Oh ship.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 5: I was not expecting that.
Speaker 2: What's up? Man? Uh?
Speaker 1: What's up? Nothing much? I'm chilling. It's uh, it's an evening. What's going on with you? Dustin?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, sorry, sorry, yeah, sorry for the you know, redundant question that you probably get every time.
Speaker 1: You owe me nothing. You you have no reason to apologize for me just yet. Well, Dustin, listen, it's us here that you want to know whether or not you should make amends with your dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Pretty much Like I mean, there's been a long you know, I'm forty, Well, i'll be I'll be forty in.
Speaker 2: Me m my dad's like seventy five or seventy six.
Speaker 5: And he's like screwed me over a lot in my life and I've tried to make amends with him throughout the years, and he just keeps screwing it up and tissing me off.
Speaker 1: How has he screwed you making me.
Speaker 2: Not want to be in his life?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean you only start to okay, like I mean, I just say, well, I could go all the way back to when I was a kid, or you know, or like well okay, yeah, I'll trying to make a short and.
Speaker 1: Sweet sure.
Speaker 2: I was gonna. Uh.
Speaker 5: I was putting a foster home when I was seven years old because my dad knocks me unconscious and put like a golf both sides not on my forehead because I would not listen to him. It took he told me three times and not going into the bathroom. My sister was five years old than me, while she was taking a shower and I was drawing on the mirror and he, you know, he told me three times not to go in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: He knock unconscious.
Speaker 5: I was in a fosterone for any for like a year and a half or so, and then moved back in with him after that, and you know, and then suffered you know, abuse, physical abuse and all that stuff became, you know, moved out because when I was twelve eleven twelve, like left the house like I was homeless living on the streets because I was afraid to go home.
Speaker 1: You were you were homeless living on the street at.
Speaker 5: Twenty Yeah, yeah, because I was afraid to go home, like you know, like I yeah, you know, and yeah that's.
Speaker 2: This is all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like I can give you specific city care, you know, Like like I like slept in between my dad's house and my neighbor's house.
Speaker 2: It was like this little nook.
Speaker 5: And it was one time where my dog's stable smelled me, like because like you know, you know, she recognized my smell, and she started barking at like the corner of the floor because she could smell me, and she started barking just at the floor, and my dad kind of just got this, like, what the hell, why does the sable?
Speaker 2: Why is our dog?
Speaker 5: Why does the dog keep barking to this one little spot?
Speaker 2: Okay? And I'm like shut up.
Speaker 5: So I was trying to sleep and because I was terrified to get home because it's you know, some stupid something people that I did at school. But I would have got the ship kicked out of me for it, you know, if I were went home. So you know, I lived with my mom for a while until I was you know, seventeen eighteen, which you know, those years weren't great. Mom drug addict, my dad alcoholic, So make sure a great dynamic, you know. I you know, I get hit eighteen and that you know, the one thing I did like appreciated my dad is that he like he tried to like put a foot in my a, get me going, but he just went about it the wrong way.
Speaker 2: You know. So you said he tried too hard.
Speaker 5: He tried too hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So you're telling me you have an appreciation for the fact that your dad, uh was like you know, it sounds like, I mean just from like what you've just told me now that you feel as though you understand his intentions with all of this, like yeah, but he met well, but that he just did it in a fucking terrible way.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, And and and but when when I, you know, turned eighteen, I moved to Louisiana with him. He was Michelle Matte Louisiana to Louisiana with him, and I lived with him, and you know the first day I was there, I got you know, like literally the first day I was there, I would and apply to windows. He got a job, you know, he was doing good. I was super proud of me. I was happy because my dad was proud of me, you know, my dad, you know.
Speaker 2: And I still respected him, you know, fucked up.
Speaker 5: As that is, you know, and because he's my dad, you know. And and I was, you know, like and got another job, was working, was working in when Dixie, you know, stocking groceries. Got another job at.
Speaker 2: A mill shop, learning how to weld.
Speaker 5: You know, working two jobs, working almost eighty hours a week, and I was going to welding school. I was like I turned into like a workahol. Like I went from like, you know, this lazy kid, and then I went moved in over dad. And that was because my dad was pushing me to do all this stuff. And he wasn't being an ass. He wasn't being like he's a shit about it at first. And then after I saved up like seven thousand dollars in the bank when I was eighteen, you know, my dad just kind of like he quit his job because he was like, oh, my son's got like seven grands to the bank. I can just like, you know, mooch off of him. And yeah, and and he doesn't he doesn't acknowledge that. And and I was pretty weak too at that time because my dad, like I was buying my dad's liquor, ya you know, I was supporting his habit. Yeah, you know, it's.
Speaker 2: Paying his rent.
Speaker 5: Like he just quit his job and became like basically just a full time drunk. Yeah, and like you know, we've gotten fights and stuff, you know, and I was just like two weeks I was, you know, you know, it was two weeks to tell him no until the time I left. And when I did finally leave, you know, it was I took the eaty way out, you know, That's what he told me.
Speaker 2: I took the easy way out. I left. I went back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how long? How long? How long did you stay? And how long were you were you supporting him for? You said from the age of eighteen to two about what age six.
Speaker 5: To four months?
Speaker 1: You know, it's all kind of blurry, okay, and so and so I interrupt you about but why did why why was it considered by you or by him to be the easy way out?
Speaker 6: Because my dad would push me to do you know, to be like, you know, to do what I need. Like my dad he always he was a pusher, you know, he like, like that's one thing I do is thank my dad.
Speaker 2: For is my work. As a sure, I've always.
Speaker 5: Been like hard worker, you know, like I like ever since I've been like twelve. You're like, I was incarcerated for like six months when I was sixteen for breaking in the house, and I was like one of the most respected people there among the staff because of how hard of a worker I was. And you know, and he just like every job that I've ever had, Like for my first job, like you know, from when I got out of that boot camp, I got a job at a brick mason crew, you know, and I was like, you know, highly respected among the you know, the thirty forty year old men.
Speaker 1: Because so so okay, So so I went back back to start of the timeline here. So you're eighteen, Yeah, dad, quitch is your dad quits his job. You're supporting him, and then you decide I bounce. You decide to bounce, and then where do you Where do you go after bounce?
Speaker 5: I go back home with my mom who's living in the crackhouse with a crackhead boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I lived there.
Speaker 5: For you know for a while, until I like, you know, tell a friend of mine, you know, tells him he needs a roommate. And then, you know, a good job doing free work. And I'm eighteen, you know, I'm nineteen twenty at this time, you know, doing you know, we're doing free work. But uh, I mean we can I think we can fast forward to to like today.
Speaker 1: Sure, let's fast forward to today.
Speaker 5: So okay, from that time, from that time to now, me and him didn't really have much contact. Okay, you know, like right now and then we talk, but other than that, really niche contact, you know, until the hurricane the last hurricane the hit like a few months ago.
Speaker 2: Actually.
Speaker 1: The last hurricane, last hurricane that hit where.
Speaker 2: In Louisiana.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the hurricane hits Louisia, then did he reach out?
Speaker 5: I drove, Well, no, Well, we were we were kind of talking. We were kind of like, you know, how did we have a report going? We were being cordial to each other, you know, and trying to get back in our good graces, you know. And and I, you know, I actually and I found out that he didn't have any power when the hurricane, you know, hit, and so I drove to Louisiana and I went and picked him up and brought him to my house. You know, so he wasn't there in Louisiana without any power. And this is like twenty twenty one. The hurricane, Yeah, the hurricane you know there was I can't remember the name of it.
Speaker 2: And you know, I brought him back here.
Speaker 5: He stayed with me for a you know, for like a week and a half, two weeks.
Speaker 1: And how was that week? And happen two weeks?
Speaker 2: Oh with Hill?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Yeah, all I did was brag about how great he was, you know, so like you know, he's like to my to my my girlfriend, you know, well, you know, wife or whatever.
Speaker 5: He did together for almost ten years he was got married. But yeah, he just you know, like she would tell me, like how all he did like while I was gone is talk about how you know, great of a person he was, and you know it was. Yeah, it was pretty unbearable, you know, because he tried to lecture me and stuff, and we got in a couple of arguments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he's.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he tried to lecture Now he's like a seventy five year old man.
Speaker 1: It says. It says that you're not sure if you should try to make amends with him before he died.
Speaker 5: I haven't even gotten to the part where I've really gotten pissed off at him, because there was.
Speaker 1: Like, what what what?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What was it that.
Speaker 2: I broke my back about six months ago?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I'm like, and I my my career as a welder has kind of ended. And now I'm like, now I'm an uber driver and I'm doing okay.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm not home, you know, like I'm doing all right.
Speaker 5: But my dad knew I was struggling. He and I guess he had a little bit of extra money and he knew I needed tire. He bought me some tires when he got went back to Louisiana. When he he went back to Louisiana, and he wired me some money to buy some tires, and and he told me he wanted proof. He wanted me to take a picture of the receipt to prove that I bought these tires. And I told her, I was like, fuck you. You know, you robbed me. You know, I like, I paid for you when I was eighteen years old, when I like, we had an agreement when I was a kid that I could come live with you and you would help me, you know, And now you're polnician on me because you know, I'm you know, I need a little help. And I didn't even ask for the money he offered it. I would not I would not have asked for the help. He offered the money. So I'm not gonna you know, I needed it. I'm not going to tell him no. So I, you know, I accepted the money. And then, oh and then I didn't even go to the tire place that he wanted me to go to. He wanted me to go to Firestone and I could get the same time as at Walmart for like twenty to thirty dollars cheaper and pay left labor, thank him. And I'm probably getting too specifically, but yeah, but uh, but he got pissed at that, and he went off on me for doing it, and he and and all, you know, for yeah, for not going to.
Speaker 1: I can ask how long ago. I can ask how long ago? How recently this was?
Speaker 5: Oh, this is a few months, this is a few months ago.
Speaker 1: There was a few months, three months ago. So sost to fast forward to fast forward to today. You're talking about whether or not you want to make amends with him. At least that's what you told the call screen there. Yeah, is there anything in particular that happened in the last Like I don't know a week or or recently what that made you sort of I don't know. I don't know if there's like a a thing that made you come to this realization of like I either need to make amends with him or not, you know what I mean? Like, is there anything like seventy five?
Speaker 5: He's like seventy five? He's you know, he's he's about to kick the bucket, sure, you know, and he and he's a miserable, lonely old man. Yeah, because he's he's pushed everybody away from him and I'm really like the only person that he really has left, you know, And I kind of feel bad, you know, like I feel like I should I shouldn't be ignoring him because he's been calling me, and I feel I feel bad for ignoring him. But do you.
Speaker 1: Feel like throughout my life, do you feel like do you feel like making amends with him would make because you know, I know that, like you know, you feel bad because again, he has his own like you know, bullshit that he's dealing with and you're the only one he has. But like, do you feel like making amends with him would make you feel better.
Speaker 5: A little bit. Yeah, Like, but I really I'm still gonna be pissed at him, you know, I'm you know, like, but and a part of me wants to just like fucking disinvent to him and tell him all the fucked.
Speaker 2: Up shit that he's done to me.
Speaker 5: That's not really gonna help anything, you know, because my dad's kind of a narcissist. He was He's actually been diagnosed like with borderline personality disorder and you know, narcissistics all that stuff. And I'm sure I got I probably inherited some of that stuff. Like I you know, I've dealt with alcoholism, I've dealt with drug addiction, but I've kind of I've overcome all that stuff.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: I still enjoy drinking, but I don't get so drunk that I black out and all that stuff, you know, Like I can drink aew beers and be fine. And you know, I'm just.
Speaker 1: About Do you have kids? It sounds like there's like I'm hearing I'm hearing like voices in the background.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I have a I have I have a six year old son.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have a six year old son.
Speaker 5: I do have a tiwo ure old time and yeah, I'm kind of like, I'm I don't know, I'm just been wanting I've been wanting to do this for a while, you know, and uh, because I I I signed on signed up to Reddit actually like a month ago, and your video was one of the first ones that, like, I was just scrolling on Reddit just trying to figure out how it worked. Your video, your live stream popped up on Reddit and I was like, yeah, that's a cool as hell. And ever since then, I was, you know, I thought it'd be cool to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Well, dude, you know, here's I guess. I guess, for for whatever it's worth, my my sort of take on it. And you know, obviously this is like a entire, entire, entire life thing that I, you know, can't reasonably I.
Speaker 5: Just dropped dropped sload on you.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no, Well, I have I have a I have a thing. And I'm sure you know, I mean, you're you're you're a smart guy. I don't think I'm gonna tell you anything you don't know, but like the fact that you have a son, I mean, this is this is cool, right because now you have an opportunity like your parents we're fucking shitty to you, and that that hurt you, and you're obviously still dealing with that hurt. And I feel like you have this, like you have this opportunity to like take all of those feelings and like all that anger and all that sadness and all you have, you can, like you now can transmute it into something positive, right, because you're gonna go, Okay, well, my parents fucking sucked, but now I have a kid, and I love my kid, and I'm gonna make I'm gonna use all these feel all these negative feelings to fuel me to make sure that I give my kid a great, great life. And that's gonna be my motivator, just to just every single day, like you know, be the dad that you wanted your dad to be. You know, you sort of have this opportunity right to like right the wrongs in your relationship with your son.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm yeah, I'm really And you know there are there have been times where like I've gotten mad at my son and like I see my dad and.
Speaker 1: Me yeah sure, and it really ASTs me. M hm.
Speaker 8: Hm, Like I got feel ashamed of myself. What you said is truly I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: How do you, how do you how do you feel about how do you feel about all of that? What I just said?
Speaker 5: No, he's like you hit me man, Like it's pretty much like how I feel.
Speaker 1: Cool. Yeah, that doesn't make you sound like I mean, you sound like a good dude, man, Like you know, I know that you as you said, you like he probably inherited some of that stuff from your dad. But like again, man, you sound like a good dude, and like, you know, I know that you didn't get the kind of life that you know that you that I can tell you want to give to your kid. I can tell you're a good dude, and you don't. I don't want to give your kid a good life.
Speaker 5: I've always felt like I didn't belong in the society that I was growing up in, if that makes sense sure, because I was like, you grew up in this poor, shitty, white, trash fucking society, and I like, I don't know, I just I didn't really want to be around any of the people that I was around, So like you know, like you know, it sucked, you know, I mean, I like, like I said, you know, like growing up with my family, I've just never really cared for any.
Speaker 9: Of them, and.
Speaker 5: I'm kind of separated myself from all of them, you know, except my younger sister.
Speaker 1: It's really only do do you keep keep in good touch with your younger sister?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, you know, like you but she's always you know, hitting me up, you know, because her life sucks.
Speaker 2: In my life is.
Speaker 5: You know, a little better than hers, you know, like he constantly bumming money off from me. But she's not on drugs or anything like that. She's doing the best you can. She has been on drugs and she got you know, she got clean. She's doing the best you can. You know. You know, I have I have my older sister, who's you know, you know, who's taking a shower. She's a she's a heroin outic in Texas, you know, or I'm you know, like we're fitting all or whatever the fuck, you know, she does all that shit, and she, you know, is constantly messaging me on Facebook.
Speaker 2: You know, why want to talk to her?
Speaker 5: Like I don't, you know, I have nothing to talk to you about.
Speaker 1: You know, like.
Speaker 5: The yeah what you said, like you know, yeah, that's pretty much how I feel.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: I do want to give the best life of my son, and it's me breaking my back. I used to skateboard. I broke my pelvis like fifteen years ago, and it, you know, it sucked me up for like six months to a year, you know, but I thought I healed, you know, and I continued to work, you know. And then now that I'm forty, like, I can barely even you know, I can barely lift you know, forty pounds. So it's kind of screwed me up. But I'm you know, I'm taking classes online and you know, trying to figure something else out, you know.
Speaker 1: Destin, I was gonna you know, as I was, as I'm telling you, I mean, it sounds like you're doing the best that you can, dude. Like, and I know you said that you lose patience sometimes sometimes you see your dad and yourself and all that stuff. But like but like again, I can just tell and I feel like people listen to as they can tell that like within you is is is a very very genuine desire that I think is more powerful than whatever it is that you feel like you inherited from your father or whatever physical limitations that you're dealing with right now. Is very very genuine, powerful desire to give your son a good life, and I I believe that that desire will win in the end and that you'll be able to do that, you know, so I hope you take that for whatever it's worth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, yeah, it means a lot to me. Man, it's cool talking to you. Yeah. Yeah, I'm so kind of like surprised that I got too so quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, you know, is there anything else that you want to say about any of this or any final thoughts, feelings or sentiments to share before we go?
Speaker 5: I just really appreciate the ba tire man, Like, it was was cool talking to you, and like what you said, you know, it meant that meant a lot to me. Man, Okay, it made me cry, you know, because like that hit me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I know.
Speaker 5: You're just just a get but uh but yeah, dude, like you you know were I mean? And I like, we all have our problems, man, you know, and I don't you know, like we all deal with our ship in different ways, and you know, we all yeah, Like I don't know, I'm not very articulate sometimes neither of mine. Yeah, except see when I'm kind of emotional, and it made me emotional.
Speaker 2: And actually this whole.
Speaker 5: You know, situation is you know, I kind of think, you know, like I'm surprised to hold it together as well as I did explaining this whole situation. Yeah, but uh yeah, it was cool talking to you.
Speaker 1: Man, and like I'm yeah, great talking to you too, and again just to say it, just to say it one final time, okay, just to say it one final time. I I I believe in you, Okay, I think I think I think, like I could just tell again people listening to just can just tell like you you have that genuine desire to do good by your son, and I I I think you will act act well by that desire. I believe in you.
Speaker 5: That's cool to hear that, man, And yeah, I kind of I feel I feel that way. I mean, I have my doubts you know, of course, like everybody does, you know about youself.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but uh yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Try to, you know, just persevere, persevere and push on and you know, and do the best I can and be the best dad you know I can. And and luckily you know, he doesn't. He's not a broken home, you know, so that helps.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you very much for calling Dustin once again. Man, Good luck to you.
Speaker 5: All right, Thanks man, good talking to you, dude.
Speaker 1: Good talking to you.
Speaker 5: So have a good night, alright, you two man?
Speaker 1: Hello? Is this Jason? It is Jason. It says here that there is a toilet paper shortage in your in your house and it is causing a lot of conflict between you and your roommates.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's it's been tough just kind of deciding on who's going to buy the toilet paper. It's been four to eight all right.
Speaker 1: So before we get into anything, what is your philosophy, because there's many different ways of thinking about this, Okay, there's a lot of different ways to set this up. Sure, if it's for do how many how many people?
Speaker 5: Is it.
Speaker 1: Five plus five of you guys sharing one bathroom two bathrooms?
Speaker 9: So three upstairs, two downstairs?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay? And is it one bathroom in particular that's experiencing a toilet paper shortage or is there a general toilet paper shortage because people from the when the downstairs bathroom runs out of toilet paper, people will go to the upstairs. What is the sort of distribution of paper?
Speaker 3: Sure, so we.
Speaker 9: Had like a like a big collection of toilet paper upstairs, like probably sixteen seventeen rolls and then like you know, we have people come over and then like the upstairs passing a little bit more, a little bit, a little bit cleaner. So the downstairs then ran out of toilet paper, came upstairs, took some of the upstairs, which is fine, yeah, Sharon. And now we've resorted to we're friends with our neighbors. So now we we have covert operations and we go to the neighbor's house and steal their toilet paper.
Speaker 1: So there's several different schools of thought as to how this could be arranged. Right, you could say, one person buys a thing of toilet paper in full, and then whenever that toilet paper disappears, another person buys, and then again, and then another person buys, and then again and you sort of go in this rotation. Or there's a there's a school of thought where every time new toilet paper needs to be bought, everyone equally pitches in for new toilet paper at each buying of the toilet paper. Or and this is the one that will cause a war. I don't know if this is the one. The school of thought that you guys have been subscribing to. You do some form of calculating who uses the most toilet paper, and the onus is on that person to replenish it, and that causes lots and lots of conflict of you know, who used how much and whatnot. So at this current moment, what what is the school of thought that your house has been using.
Speaker 9: Wow, you know, I'm gonna be honest, I hadn't thought about that third one, because there certainly is like a mass distribution as far as you know, people you know, rates for cooping and such. It was going out within the household, and the thing is like we're all employed, Like we all totally could just go buy the toilet paper. Now it's just bag. It's like, oh, who's going to do it? You know, like certain people have more roles in the past than others, and so like distributing, distributing that out, trying to figure that out. But like, there definitely, yeah, is some people who put more in the house.
Speaker 5: I hadn't thought about it that way, don't.
Speaker 1: I shouldn't even brought up the idea because you're not gonna win that fight. Oh, because we used to do that in my house and I was the one who used the most toilet paper, and I vehemoately denied it to the end, as will the person who uses the most toilet paper, and you will not win that fight. So what is the rift that you are describing it like between you and your roommates the rift is causing?
Speaker 9: Yes, yeah, it's it's it's funny, I mean not not like it's like it doesn't just doesn't happen all the time. But it's like there's definitely like like little like scheming teams you know going on. Like people are like one of one of us will be in the kitchen, another person will walk down and be like, oh man, we're on a toilet paper. Can you believe you know, the other people haven't bought it? And then you know, like everybody like I have that, I've had that conversation with everybody, so like, you know, it's it's going around m hm.
Speaker 1: So there's a little bit of chicken being played as to who will buy the toilet paper.
Speaker 9: For sure, and like again, you know, it's not like we can't afford toilet papers, so like like we all could do it, and I like don't know if we all think it's funny at this point or if we're all like actually a little like passive drestive about it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I understand you all thinking it's funny. It is a little funny to see how long you can go without having toilet paper in the house, and the pettiness of one person won't just buy toilet paper. It is a pretty funny situation to revel in. I agree.
Speaker 9: And the crazy part is is that we had, like we were sitting on the couch like a couple months ago, and we were like, yo, we should buy it the day, and we bought and installed it the day. But the day recently became unusable. And so I think that now that I'm like sitting here putting on all the gather excessus and dan chats that used the day, I think it's it's the.
Speaker 2: Lack of the day.
Speaker 9: Maybe that we're cruising through our toilet paper at a faster rate.
Speaker 1: M I've never personally been a fan of the day, but I understand it from a point of view of conservation. So all right, so you no, go ahead.
Speaker 9: I was just it said, did you go into the day with an open mind? Because I feel like a lot of people don't go into it with an.
Speaker 1: Open mind, you know, I totally, I totally did not go into it one of the with an open mind. I'd be willing to try again, but but not any time, not anytime soon. But but so okay, so you all have been playing this, this game of chicken, and it's really gonna be up to at the end of the day, one guy to break and go fuck this and go aheut and buy toilet paper. Do you think that you're getting to that point whose the group will break first?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 9: I think the person who's gonna break is gonna be the person who's gonna be like the most adult about the situation, because I definitely have like a couple of them who like probably won't do it. And that's fine, you know, I get it. It's cool. I think it's gonna be me or my other roommate honestly, who's gonna break first.
Speaker 1: Mm hm. So I want to hear from your perspective, why won't you just go.
Speaker 3: By to.
Speaker 4: Honestly?
Speaker 9: Because well, I thought about doing it today and I was like working, and then I had class and I was like, I don't feel like doing it, And honestly, it just came down a way to it. Even though I was out and about today earlier, I probably could have done it. And then I got home and we were out of toilet paper. It was actually pretty funny because I saw that we were almost out of toilet paper earlier when I went to the bathroom and I was like the last role I knew we had in the house, and there was probably like six or seven squares on it, and so I used like three or four and then that way, I wasn't, you know, the a hole who took the last little piece of pilet paper, So then I could kind of bond that.
Speaker 2: Off on somebody else.
Speaker 1: M So it sounds like this is coming that makes me that my bad person.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: No, No, you're you're actually pro very strategic in that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't know. Maybe it's me planning off on somebody else.
Speaker 5: The you know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: All's fair and toilet paper and war.
Speaker 2: That is true.
Speaker 9: There's there's no wars like earlier. Excuse me, there's no rules right.
Speaker 1: Like, So it sounds like it's not coming from a place of because it's coming from a place of laziness. For you, it sounds and not a place of why should I have to you know, you know what I mean, a place of of of of feeling like it's not just for you to have to go buy toilet paper.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think too, you know, a little bit. But there also, like definitely are certainly other places in the house where it's like, Okay, why do I have to do this? And so I think it kind of transfers over then to the toilet paper because I feel like sometimes I do like a lot more than a lot of my other roommates and things, and so then I'm like, you know.
Speaker 1: Right, so there is a little bit of that, and it seems like it's justified. Right, You're doing all these other things in the house. I assume you're washing dishes, you're vacuuming, you're doing all the more adult things, and you're like, well, god, damn it, why do I have to be the paper too?
Speaker 9: Yeah, exactly when I know that, like, wow, I won't bash Like I love my roommates, don't get anyone. They're all awesome guys, and they're like some of my closest friends. But yeah, it definitely does have a lot like that.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, Jason, you know, being the adult of a house, it's a it's a it's a thankless job. So you know, good on you for for taking of it.
Speaker 2: That's true. That is true.
Speaker 9: You know, maybe maybe you can learn something from your mom, because every day I went upstairs in high school brand your toilet paper roll.
Speaker 4: On the thing.
Speaker 1: We're really taking our parents for granted.
Speaker 9: I think we do have you did you d end up calling your mom earlier?
Speaker 1: Thank you very much for calling. Jason, appreciate it.
Speaker 10: Every night, man, you as well, Paul from Sammy Sammy, No, no way, Samy.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 9: Man? Not much?
Speaker 10: I kind of figured you're going to be streaming with calls tonight, expecting the doctor someone else do for you.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, I normally have a call screener, but tonight I am as they say, going in raw.
Speaker 10: I did have a question for you, Yeah, please, what's up? I wanted to know what your thoughts are on imposter syndrome. You have to have a cool job. Yes, I think I heard you think yesterday that you're only twenty four. I am I expected you to be older than that.
Speaker 1: How old did you expect me? A bit?
Speaker 10: I don't know, maybe later twenties. But you just seem to be in a position where you're doing something cool that you like.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 10: And I am not gonna lie to you. I haven't been feeling very cool lately, been feeling more failure ask although we're doing better, but wondering if you've ever dealt with that, and or if you have any tips or tricks.
Speaker 1: I literally, I literally if I if I were like a cool streamer person and I knew how to like zip zop zoom around my computer and pull things up, I would show you. I literally googled I have imposter syndrome. Read it today. I literally googled that. Today. I can find Reddit, uh the streams of people or Reddit threads of people talking about having impost syndrome. You have the fuck time of imposter syndrome. That's why I'm Yeah, I have these live shows coming up. I'm super nervous for them. I'm always the thinking like, why the fuck is anyone coming to see me? I'm always thinking like, why the fuck is anyone listening to my podcast? You know, I'm I'm always thinking about that stuff.
Speaker 5: I have.
Speaker 1: A tremendous imposter syndrome. What gets me going is I do have like every once in a while I come out of here and I'm like, and I'm just a fully one hundred percent sure. I'm like, that was a great stream. I'm really good at this, and I'm excited and I just feel good and then I get high and then I'm like, I'm just the best. I'm sick. I am the only person that could ever be therapy Gecko. It happens sometimes. I'm not gonna lie that that happens sometimes. But the default is probably I don't know what I would say the default is, but no, heavy, heavy, heavy amounts of imposter syndrome for sure. I literally not check. I literally googled it today because I was trying to read about it, like this is a common thing, like to other people feel like this.
Speaker 10: You know, well, I think I think it's honestly helpful to hear people who like you think are successful say like, no, I don't. I don't really feel like that all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I'm trying to think here, uh, because I want to be accurate to this. There are a couple of things I think I'm really good at, but but this I phased it out. I I just have times all the time and I'm on here and I'm like, I suck at this. And it's so funny that you called and asked me that, because I always wonder that about people that I think are successful as well, like how they feel about it, Like do they are they like stoked on themselves, or are they like I hope nobody realizes that I kind of suck at this. I don't know.
Speaker 10: I have this thing with social media right now. I had to delete it off my phone for a while, and I just recently got back on. And I feel like all I'm seeing is everyone else around me and like their great achievements and like, you know, how happy they all look and how much fun everyone's having. And I'm like, well, I'm not having that much fun. And I think maybe that should be my sign to delete social media again.
Speaker 1: I really thought that. I was like, I was like the people who listened to my you know, I was thicking the other day. I was like, the people who listen to my I mean now they do, but the people who like listen to my podcast and watch my streams or stuff, they have no idea. That I cried in my car yesterday, I thought that. As I was crying in my car, I was like, they have no idea. It's kind of sick.
Speaker 10: I walked down the street yesterday and cried. Really well, when I think, I think, well, I thought I was going to fail a class. Yeah, there was a little bit of stress going on. Yeah, a lot of it of stress.
Speaker 1: Actually, No, definitely. What okay, So you said you feel like a failure.
Speaker 10: A little bit?
Speaker 2: What don't?
Speaker 1: What does it? What does the success look like to you?
Speaker 10: Well, I I go to a what I would I go to a pretty competitive school and we have this this interesting program where you can go and you can work. You basically get a job for six months and then you go back to school. And so it feels like everyone around me is like a very competent young professional. Yeah, and like I'm twenty two. I'm not like a kid anymore. I'm not like a teenager. And I'm I'm gonna be graduating hopefully next December if I don't fail this class. And I'm I'm genuinely just trying to like get by on a day to day basis, you know, like I'm trying to not be miserable and not not like wake up sad and like you know, remember to eat and move my body. And it's like everyone else around me is like they have like a full time job and they're doing research and they're also taking classes.
Speaker 1: They're like, it's no, it's so annoying, isn't it. It's so annoying when you go to someone's house and like they don't have like fucking empty water bottles and candy wrappers everywhere, and you're like, fuck, am I the only one that fucking lives like this?
Speaker 10: And shit, I know I'm not the only one.
Speaker 1: No, you're totally not the only one. You're totally not the only one. And there's probably here's the thing, there's people, by the way, everyone loves to say this and it's not true. I don't know if I don't know if it's not true. I shouldn't have said it's not true because my feelings on its truth are constantly developing. But people like to say, like everybody has something going on, you know, they like to say the truth, the genuine truth is there are totally people who are more competent than you. Uh, they're always will be Uh those people who people you know, people love to say. They love to say the people who are posting on social media about how much fun they're having, then I actually they might they might be that person who just posted about going to fucking the club with her friends, and how was the great? Maybe she really did have an awesome time. That's it could be true. But here's the thing is that that's the wrong. I hate that. I hate when people say that, oh, they're not actually having a good time, because that's not that's miss that's totally missing the point. That's just completely misses the points.
Speaker 10: I would feel like the point should be, Please, I shouldn't care.
Speaker 1: No, you shouldn't care exactly, shouldn't care. It's not even it's not relevant.
Speaker 10: It's not relevant at all to my life in my potential future success. No, but it's so hard. I think it's hard. I just think I just need to get rid of it. I need to not see it. But also, you know, maybe I would like to get to a point where I can see it and then I can just be happy for them.
Speaker 1: Yes right now? Yeah, I mean, like I would say, I would agree with you. I would say, I mean, look, I'm never gonna I don't think anyone would ever tell you that deleting your social media would be destructive for your mental health. I think, uh, like, I think you would definitely be happy or not being online if I could, if I didn't have all this shit going on. I would I dream it all the time. I literally like, will fantasize a boy like, oh man, whatever, like I like fall off or whatever it is. I could just delete all and then just go to the moon or whatever. The fuck. It'd be sick anyway. Uh alright, but you're right. You were right about part two where you were like, you want to get to that point where it's not even about avoiding it, it's about the It's almost like the opposite. It's like you want to be able to like see that girl from your fucking sorority or whatever that's like hanging out in Cabo and having fun, and you want to be like you want to be able to look at that and go, man, it's awesome that she's having hanging on Caba. I hope she's having an awesome time.
Speaker 5: You know, it's great.
Speaker 1: That it could for her. You know, I would. I would take that a step that I would take a higher I would make that your aspiration like even higher than like ignoring it is being able to actually do the opposite and put it in your face and be like, oh, this person got a promotion, this person got this job, like that's awesome for them, that's so great. I'm so my heart is so full of endless love for the universal people that I'm just so happy for everyone. I'm happy all the time. I have infinite joy at the fact that I'm able to sit here and breathe and drink a fucking cup of water, that I have no need for uh, jealousy at this person that you know that went to the moon today or whatever. I don't like to keep talking about the moon, but.
Speaker 10: No, I mean that's the reality I want to live in.
Speaker 1: Same dude, And it seems like.
Speaker 10: You want to go to the moon.
Speaker 1: No, I don't give a fuck about it. No, I shouldn't have said that I would love to go to the moon. I'll probably die not ever having gone to the moon, but it's nice to think about.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 10: I think your chances are higher now than they've ever been before.
Speaker 1: You're probably right about that. You're definitely right about that. My chances are going to the moon are higher than they were before. They are higher than they were a few years ago. What do you feel about how this conversation went.
Speaker 10: I am genuinely excited to tell my boyfriend that I talked to a few weeks ago. For my spring break. We traveled from North Carolina to Florida in a car and we had like a twelve hour road trip on it. On the way back, we we listened to your podcast almost the whole time. Thank you, and I became a huge hymn benefensive See the.
Speaker 1: Fact how many how many episodes of the podcast did you listen to?
Speaker 10: A lot? I wasn't. I haven't been on Twitch. I didn't really know fully like the whole deal with Twitch until like literally a few weeks ago, and I think I've probably watched you the most.
Speaker 1: See that's great because sometimes I look at the podcast and I'm like, I can't believe anyone's listening to this, And there we go, you're listening to it.
Speaker 10: So no, I certainly was listening to it perfect.
Speaker 1: So there we go. There, that's that's that's that's yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I guess, I guess, uh, yeah, I have a ton of imposter syndrome.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 1: So I was gonna follow that up by saying, I think everyone does, but I don't think everyone does. Even if they do, it doesn't matter. We're just all doing stuff, walking around, drinking water, hanging out, being people until we die.
Speaker 10: Doing our best.
Speaker 1: What's your name again, Sammy? Sammy? There's anything you want to tell the people the computer before we go or say, or I.
Speaker 10: Hope you go to the moon some day if you really want to do that.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. Have a nice night you as well.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Hello is this Andrew?
Speaker 9: Holy shit?
Speaker 1: Wow, Andrew? It says here your work in construction. You got into a debate with your coworkers about what direction people wipe their ass, and you'd like to share the outcome of this debate. Now, first of all, tell me what side of the debate were you on?
Speaker 4: Oh shit, man, that was, like, I'm gonna disclaim this first off, is like probably the hottest button issue I've ever gotten into, Like more so than like vaccinated, unvaccinated, fucking whatever set of politics people fall on. This is probably the most heated I've ever been in a debate in my life.
Speaker 1: And let me ask you a questions. What is First of all, tell me when you say that the debate is over what direction people wipe their ass, is it a binary debate between top to bottom and bottom to top or have there been some third parties of left to right, right to left.
Speaker 4: I wish I could report that, I'll be honest, not too many people wanted to chime in on it, and if they did, I think they were bullshitting because they seemed to just align with what seemed most normal at the time. But it all started when you know, it's construction, so like pretty much nothing's off limits. And my boss was telling me. This ramps up pretty quickly. He was telling me about how his wife shaved his asshole the other weekend, and then that pretty much just quickly spiraled into like just taking care of yourself down there, I guess would be the next thing. And then no one ever directly asked the question.
Speaker 1: Don't ever ask the question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it wasn't ever directly. It was more just like you.
Speaker 1: Have with your boss. It seems like it's very casual and very brotherly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's he's a couple of years older than me. I was his boss on a project like a year ago is when it started, and that's when I first met him, and we we kind of we bonded, and then he actually got promoted. Now he's my boss.
Speaker 9: And I'm like his uh, I'm.
Speaker 4: Like his his fucking super secretary. I guess that's what you would call it.
Speaker 1: You guys sound like you're very good friends. So I also tell me, so tell me, so tell me what side of the debate are you on?
Speaker 4: Dude, I'm gonna I'm gonna spend a lot of people here. I am a I'm a back to front wiper, always have them.
Speaker 1: And so you're talking about the event, there's probably top to bottom.
Speaker 4: Not top to bottom. So that's that's kind of I think where the confusion lies. And I know ten thousand people.
Speaker 1: Tell me where does this start?
Speaker 4: So I start on top, just right in the middle, just right on it, and.
Speaker 1: It's just.
Speaker 4: It's just like a short, little come hither motion. And then I just dropped the paper, you know, and you you know, you know what you got. You know, first wipe, you know what you got, you know what you're dealing.
Speaker 1: Do you look at the paper before?
Speaker 4: Sometimes? Sometimes not always, Like like I said, you kind of know what you got, generally, sure you know.
Speaker 1: And so you're a top to bottom. And then I assume that the popular sentiment around town, around the rest of your construction work bodies is a sentiment of back to front or yes frontman, yes sorry.
Speaker 4: It and it kind of spiraled into like a a gender thing for a minute, and I was like, no, no, this is strictly on the male side, don't I don't advocate any females doing this. And I think that that's probably like culturally the most agreed on thing, but for men, completely different set of rules. We have a lot more room to work with down.
Speaker 1: There, right, because there's a possibility of recur of infection for women.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, absolutely absolutely, I.
Speaker 1: Know about the body.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hm hmm.
Speaker 1: So all right, it's all said and done. You had a little bit of it in the midst of all this, In the midst of all this, tell me.
Speaker 4: So, in the midst of all of it, we had unveiled probably some crazier stuff than what I was expecting, Like did you know a population of people don't fold the paper. There was even a debate on how much paper to fold. Some people just wad that ship up. Just tell me, he just fucking grabs it and just waste paper, just pulls huge, huge water And I'm like, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Yes, radio and he.
Speaker 1: To who raised you five times? I use it? Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: That's a good it's pretty good stat Actually, I would say for me, it's like once.
Speaker 1: A month once. You only talk a toy that once a month.
Speaker 4: Dude, Yeah, that ship pretty frequently, like at least at least once a day.
Speaker 1: What are you starting to get? Yeah, Andrew, thank you every much for sharing your perspective on this hop ut in the ship.
Speaker 4: I hope that uh people don't judge people for this, and I hope that it starts a new conversation, you know, in the office if if you have the balls to bring it.
Speaker 5: Up every weekend goes on the line making your phone calls.
Speaker 9: Every night every week and goes to a d S teaching you
Speaker 1: Aloud in your life is not really