Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tori Spelling and iHeartRadio Podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being here, of course literally in person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you for supporting my my skin Caroline. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Neutral skin. What what made you come up with that name?
Speaker 1: I wanted to do a gender neutral skin Caroline, you know, unisex caroline.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that's the double entendre behind it.
Speaker 1: Also that it's a it's a neutral product in the sense that it's a super clean product. You know, there's no there's no fillers, there's no extras, there's no fragrances, no parabands, no silicones, cruelty free, vegan, organic, all the good stuff.
Speaker 2: And you were nice enough to before this even send me some and I've been using it. How do I like? Of course five kids. I just I don't know. I don't know if we can reverse timing.
Speaker 1: The ethos behind the product is also really just simplifying skincare. I mean, there's just so many product lines, so many products, and you know, most women almost see it as a hobby to sort of pick and choose different products from different lines and put it all together. But then it turns into an eight, nine, ten step routine. And I mean, I don't know about you, but I don't really have time for that.
Speaker 2: I don't have time for that. Yeah, no one does. But if you saw my counter at home, you would.
Speaker 3: We were just talking about the same thing before we started.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have so many products on the counter, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Yeah really, yeah, I mean we really do.
Speaker 1: We just get gifted a lot of stuff. I mean, that's why I feel like I'm sort of uniquely qualified to push a skincare line, because you know, I've been in front of the camera for like twenty six years and I've tried every product under the song, I mean everything.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're uniquely qualified to push anything. Oh thank you, Jesse, if you can do whatever the fuck you want.
Speaker 3: Like, I don't know about that, but thank you.
Speaker 2: No, it's just me nice. So it's not a rule in your house, you guys. Is like that that you can't have just your skincare No, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, we definitely have a lot of other products, you know. Helen certainly has her favorites from a lot of different lines. I mean this is, you know, for the most part, what I use, you know, but Helen definitely cheats on neutral skin, doesn't she.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Helen, his girlfriend is here with us, which is I had many questions.
Speaker 3: About yeah, many things.
Speaker 2: About many because I like to just ask crazy ques boundaries. I have no boundary. So I'm staring at Helen when I say this. I'm I should ask Helen what she thinks about these questions I have for you. I actually I don't go into my podcast with questions. It's kind of off the cuff.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: I just roll with it. So last night, I'm gonna go back to your skincare. But wait, and I'm going to be all over the place because that's my brain. But so last night I rewatched John Tucker Must Die with my eight year old.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, Wow, you did your research. I love it.
Speaker 2: I mean, it came out in two thousand and six, crarect, obviously I watched it back in the day. Wait, so I was a nineties girl. You were two thousands. Just makes it sound longer, like.
Speaker 3: I graduated high school in ninety six. No on camera, on camera, early two thousands, you know.
Speaker 2: But it doesn't flow when you say it like that, Like people were like I loved you. I'm like, yeah, a nineties girl like you can't be like early two thousands die.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it doesn't have the same ringto it, does it.
Speaker 2: It doesn't. So what is the thing? It's not why two K?
Speaker 3: I get, it's kind of why two K? I guess, Yeah, why two K?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Where were you on white two K? Like when it happened?
Speaker 3: I mean I was living in it. I mean what do you mean?
Speaker 1: I wasn't really conscious it was happening. Yeah, But looking back on it, so.
Speaker 2: Two thousand, like, where were you when everyone's like the world's going to end?
Speaker 1: Like I was just dropping out of college and starting a career in acting on a now defunct, ridiculous so.
Speaker 2: Far a minute eleven and twelve am, you were just.
Speaker 3: Dropping Like that's literally when it happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but do you remember? We all remember exactly where I was. You can't say you didn't remember I was.
Speaker 3: I was in LA. I was brand new to l A.
Speaker 2: Yeah, an is he avoiding this question?
Speaker 1: I mean I don't know what I was doing specifically, To be honest, that's a fib It's really not. I know, I know I knew exactly where I was, like when nine to eleven happened, But as far as like you know, the clock turning to uh, the year two thousand.
Speaker 2: Were you not worried?
Speaker 3: No? I wasn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a lot of talk about all these like computer systems, like you.
Speaker 2: Weren't worrying about to be a big star.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, I couldn't use like an ATM machine or something. I mean, people were really really freaking out over over it becoming the year two thousand. But yeah, I don't remember ever having any major concern around that.
Speaker 2: I remember where I was.
Speaker 3: Where were you about you?
Speaker 2: It's what I do best. I was on a yacht in Saint Bart's.
Speaker 3: Sounds nice, I know.
Speaker 2: And my daughter who's seventeen, just went to Saint Bart's with her friends like it was her best friend's birthday and their family has money and their grade and they took all her friends and I was like, oh my god, girl, Like you're like you're living my life, living the dress that was my life. Things have changed. But yeah, I remember we were all like drinking champagne and we were like, okay, this might be it.
Speaker 3: See you didn't sound like you were your concerned either. Sounded like you were pretty relaxed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean I was on a yacht.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, Oh so I was, it's amazing how oblivious you are when you're young. When you're young and you're having some success and you're enjoying your life, you know, and then as you get older, you get more riddled with anxiety and more aware of everything that's going on around you, more stressed out.
Speaker 3: I know, I found that to be true.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Is he stressed a lot?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, So I rewatched it last night, and that movie still stands.
Speaker 3: Up, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It got absolutely panned when it came out, but it became oviscerated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it became like such a cult rom com that, like, yeah.
Speaker 3: It really did. I mean, it really stood the test of time, which is wild.
Speaker 2: Are they making a reboot? I heard word.
Speaker 1: There's a script. There's there's a script. There's a sequel script. I've read the script. It's that twentieth century Fox. But if I had to go with my gut, I'd say it's probably not gonna happen. Why.
Speaker 3: I don't know, because because they've been sitting on the script for a while.
Speaker 1: Everyone in the cast said they'd participate and it just hasn't happened.
Speaker 2: Who would you play?
Speaker 3: Would I play? I would play a grown up John Tucker.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't be funny.
Speaker 1: If you played someone else, it could be interesting, But I don't think that's the I don't think that's the game plan here, Tory.
Speaker 2: So what it's like, John Tucker Junior must die.
Speaker 1: Well, to give you a little insight into the script, I grew up to be the girls basketball coach.
Speaker 2: I just almost hurt. I grew up to be a girl, and.
Speaker 3: That would be interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he unknowingly he took estrogen in the movie.
Speaker 1: Exactly, So no, absolutely not, but that ramifications.
Speaker 2: She's put the pills in there. She didn't even crush it up, and you didn't even care. You just kept put it in your water bottle. Okay. Yeah, and their movies were tender. Okay, So okay, go on, Sorry, I didn't hear words you said.
Speaker 1: John Tucker becomes the girls basketball coach at his daughter's high school.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, So I mean it kind of like karmic retribution.
Speaker 1: He has a daughter, of course, you know, she's dealing with a bunch of John Tucker's in her school. That's the that's the broad premise. Without ruining a movie that's not even green light.
Speaker 2: Yet, I feel like you should make this movie.
Speaker 3: Though maybe you're right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe you're right. So who is the rights to it?
Speaker 3: Twentieth century?
Speaker 2: So I worked with Betty Thomas on Troop Beverly Hills.
Speaker 3: That's amazing and I loved her.
Speaker 2: I love her.
Speaker 3: She's she was so great.
Speaker 2: Would she do this one?
Speaker 3: I have no idea, but I think it'd be really cool. She did.
Speaker 2: She's awesome.
Speaker 3: She's awesome.
Speaker 2: I don't know what she's like with boys, but she was like so cool, she super cool, like super cool woman. Okay, Sophia Bush, do you still talk to her?
Speaker 1: I see her from time to time like fan events, but no, we don't talk on a regular basis.
Speaker 3: But she's great.
Speaker 2: Did Helen Earmuffs Did you date anyone in that movie scenes?
Speaker 3: No? I didn't.
Speaker 2: I've heard to do something.
Speaker 3: I'm friend.
Speaker 2: I tried to do some deep diving on you, and there's nothing. I never would have dated you back then.
Speaker 3: Like you Yeah, I hear you, yea.
Speaker 2: Why you wouldn't Helen Earmups like back in the early two thousands, you wouldn't have dated me? No?
Speaker 1: I mean maybe I would have dated you, I don't know, but you wouldn't have wanted to date me. It's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I want to know, like what, there's there's there's other layers to you. I believe this. I want to peel back the thank you. I can't go wrong. No, it's just like, there's no dirt on you.
Speaker 3: Well there's there's there's a little bit, but not too much.
Speaker 2: But that was so his book just came out.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no, I know she spoke highly of me, which was nice. Yeah.
Speaker 2: She didn't even have anything bad to say about.
Speaker 1: You're breaking that news to my girlfriend live by the way, I don't know, she's okay, she saw it all. I tried to keep that from her.
Speaker 2: I mean, what but that was like when that was were you dating.
Speaker 3: A long time ago? Twenty years ago?
Speaker 2: So okay, this is a great example. I feel that females and males see things differently in youth. So whereas what I would be like, oh I was dating him, he'd be like, we were just hanging out. She said she was dating you. Do you feel like you were dating her?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: We were. We were we were dating.
Speaker 1: I mean it was overall, it was pretty brief, but we were seeing each other on a regular basis.
Speaker 2: What did we call it back then like now, people were like, oh, I'm seeing each other.
Speaker 3: Seeing each other, seeing each other.
Speaker 2: But now technology, no one sees each other. Like it's all texting, like I'm talking with somebody. My kids will say it's like talking, but then they never No, they.
Speaker 3: Don't even get to see it. It's photos before it even started.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know. Okay, where'd you guys meet mask?
Speaker 1: We met through a mutual friend who happened to be her boss. Yeah, so so her but her boss and I to the same gym, and he had mentioned that she thought I was handsome, and we ended up going out and the rest of the rest is history.
Speaker 3: Of course, I can I take direction.
Speaker 2: Well, I know, Helen, this that's why you get all those brand deals, because you're just so. You're the good guy.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you, thank you. I try to be. I try to be.
Speaker 2: You should have been cast in Twilight.
Speaker 3: That my work in progress.
Speaker 2: He should have been Taylor Lotner's.
Speaker 3: You want to know.
Speaker 1: What's funny about being cast in Twilight or being cast as a vampire. I got a great, great story.
Speaker 3: Vampire Diaries.
Speaker 1: Yes, I auditioned for that show and I'll never forget a really high up executive at c W was like, you could never play a vampire because you have two nights of a face.
Speaker 3: That's what she said to me. She said, you look like too nice of a guy to play a vampire.
Speaker 2: The story of your life. No, right there, you go, right there?
Speaker 1: Wheat.
Speaker 2: Oh but he wasn't a vampire. He was a were wolf. Yeah, yeah, could you have played that?
Speaker 3: I don't know who knows?
Speaker 2: Nope, too nice?
Speaker 3: Too nice?
Speaker 2: Is he really too nice?
Speaker 3: I'm not really that nice.
Speaker 2: You're not Okay, okay, I just got.
Speaker 3: Believe me.
Speaker 2: I know you're a sports guy.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I'm a sports guy. I'm insta Oh no, no, nom. Instagram is not always accurate, you know.
Speaker 2: Do you do your own Instagram?
Speaker 3: My girlfriend Helen helps me with a lot of my.
Speaker 1: Content, you know, I'm I'm I've become more adept at curating my my social media. But obviously a man of forty six years old, I mean it was it was a pretty steep learning curve, you know.
Speaker 2: I means that's what we do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got to adapt. Have about yourself? Was that an easy? Was it easy for you to adapt? It wasn't easy at first for me.
Speaker 1: Because We were told for so many years that we had to maintain our mistique. Yes, you know, you didn't want to put too much out there. You didn't want to give people too much. You didn't want to share too much about your personal life. And now it's like share everything, right.
Speaker 2: We're from the school of like media trained, Like, yeah, they don't want to hear from you, they want to see you, they don't want to know anything personal. There was no paparazzi back then. One paparazzo take a picture and be like, oh, may I ask like, can I have a photo of you outside of like some restaurant? But yeah, well I did reality TV and wrote books and then just shared everything. Yeah, and now I can't go back.
Speaker 3: No, you can't.
Speaker 2: I know you read it at all. Or oh, I don't think I'm ever going to get like a Hain steal?
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 2: Was I ever going to? Because I'm not like, I'm I think you.
Speaker 3: Perfect for a Hanes campaign? What do you mean? Wait?
Speaker 2: I know I would.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll put in a good word.
Speaker 2: I think I'm polarizing.
Speaker 3: I can relate, Yeah, I can relate.
Speaker 1: I I I Throughout my life people have either loved me or hated me, anyone hate you.
Speaker 3: Oh, I got a lot of.
Speaker 2: This morning, And I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: No. I got a lot of criticism growing up for the way I looked, you know.
Speaker 3: A lot of a lot of hate, a lot of hate.
Speaker 1: And I think that kind of continued, you know, sort of like resurfaced again once I got into Hollywood and broke as an actor. I mean, it's it's tough, you know, you were talking about paparazzi. I came up during the time of internet media, you know, where tabloid media really exploded.
Speaker 2: Starting during the years, So I mean it was it.
Speaker 3: Was pretty brutal, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean I dealt with a lot of just a lot of scrutiny, a lot of a lot of criticism.
Speaker 2: I mean, I you know, would they say that it's just.
Speaker 3: Picking apart my appearance?
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: So this is interesting because I think a lot of people don't understand that what others may perceive is good looking. People get bullied as well, oh totally, and might not feel good about themselves.
Speaker 1: Bullied my whole life, you know, through my adolescence and and and even in Hollywood. The funny thing is people don't realize how harsh the industry was in the Y two K era. I mean, and now it's softened up completely, you know. I mean now it's kind of like you can't say anything because you might offend this person or that or that or this group or that group.
Speaker 2: I mean it's Oh are you talking about that? It's really changed that we all touched a lot back then.
Speaker 3: That we all touched a lot.
Speaker 2: Oh what are you talking to I'm just.
Speaker 1: I'm just talking about the fact that like that, like the media was just really really brutal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people in general, like people in sets are brutal. Now people, it's just different. It's just a different time.
Speaker 3: It's definitely a different time. Definitely a different time. But I mean, you know, also, I mean I've also dealt with.
Speaker 1: Other things within the industry too, Like, like I've had a lot of people say that I'm like difficult to work with.
Speaker 2: What Yeah, I had never heard that.
Speaker 1: And and honestly, I feel like a lot of people that maybe just didn't like me kind of tried to like hurt my career, you know, or like smear me or like character assassinate me.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's funny before before you know, you showed up today we were we were touching on an actor named Olivia Munn who was just in a show that we really like call Your Friends and Neighbors.
Speaker 3: She was great, she was great on the show, great on the show.
Speaker 1: But I saw an interview recently where she came forward and she said that she felt as though a director because she was on that really critically acclaimed show Newsroom Right Put. And she said that a director on that show labeled her difficult to work with and that it really hurt her career, you know, for a period. And it's like literally, you know, one or two sort of older people, directors, maybe producers, maybe executives can say can basically.
Speaker 3: Just like Blackball, you you know, and they don't really have to point to anything specific.
Speaker 1: They can just go they can just give you the moniker difficult to work with, right.
Speaker 2: And it can mean anything. I was just talking to an actor recently about this, and he was saying, one time, it felt strongly about something that had to do with the scene, and he was just like, didn't come out of his trailer for a second. But they were like, oh, he wouldn't come out of his trailer, and so if you could go back, could you pinpoint when someone might have said that, not who it was, but what type of behavior.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I mean it's like direct people really want actors to be seen and kind of not heard. I mean, they want you to kind of come prepared beyond time, hit your mark, do your job.
Speaker 3: They don't really want to hear your opinion. That's really that's really the problem.
Speaker 2: Don't don't don't gave your opinion.
Speaker 1: I just saw another quote yesterday from you know, David corn Sweat the New Superman. Yes, he said he was asking too many questions on set and James Gunn told him to shut the f up. So it's like, you can't ask too many questions as an actor on set otherwise done, somebody goes you're difficult to work with.
Speaker 2: See I thought like nowadays they don't care, like no one cares if you're difficult like Batman. Wait, I want to deeper into this.
Speaker 3: Definitely, it's definitely a thing. It's definitely a thing.
Speaker 2: Like are we talking Desperate Housewives space?
Speaker 1: Now, Desperate Housewives was a dream. Desperate house was a dream, But I.
Speaker 2: Mean I mean the reimagining of it.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean they did come forward and say they're not usually any of the original cast. I mean, who knows, maybe I'll be the exception, but we'll see. I mean, it's it's it's it's a whole different show.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, which I think sometimes is disappointing to fans.
Speaker 3: Definitely disappointing to fans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the other nine O two and zero. Yeah, it was a great show by itself. And I'm not talking about the reimagining that we did, but the other one on CW that it was just a different show with a different.
Speaker 3: Casts, different show.
Speaker 2: But people were sad not to have like all of us in it. Well, I was in it two episodes.
Speaker 3: That's cool.
Speaker 2: M John Tucker must die. Wait when did this happen to you?
Speaker 1: I mean, if if you weigh in, if you don't stay in your lane as an actor, you will get labeled difficult to work with, if you have.
Speaker 3: Issues writing, if you have issues with the storytelling.
Speaker 1: I I think you came up at a very different time, toy.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I think that the patients that producers, executives and directors have for actors now is.
Speaker 3: Very very little. They have very little patients.
Speaker 2: I understand, but you're not talking about now. It's just early two thousands ques.
Speaker 1: I'm even talking about now, you know. I mean, it's just it's it's such it's such a mass. It's there's so many everyone has such a huge ego, you know, and there's just not enough room for too many opinions.
Speaker 3: And you really got to know when and where it's appropriate.
Speaker 1: To share your opinion exactly exactly if you have a bleached chairs. No, yeah, but that's an interesting question.
Speaker 2: Thank you, I made a love I wow, this is really interesting hearing from sorry not to like say, you know, male female, but a lot of times you hear what you're saying exactly from women, but not a lot from men. So this is like a whole new fresh take on I don't know. So what if we had had it to do.
Speaker 1: Over, I'd probably do some things a little differently, you know. I think it's really.
Speaker 2: Important to give your opinion, your opinion.
Speaker 1: So it's it's probably how you deliver your opinion, you know, which has a huge part to play and how people receive it. You want to make you want to you want to be collaborative, and you want to make sure that people feel.
Speaker 3: Respected.
Speaker 1: You know, when you have an interaction with somebody, you want to make sure that when you leave that interaction that you leave the other person foreling feeling good. And I don't necessarily know if I was as conscious as I should have been, you know about those things exactly.
Speaker 3: I was young, Right.
Speaker 2: Do you play chess?
Speaker 3: I don't play chess.
Speaker 2: No, I don't either, But I play life chess like a mofo. And it's a game of chess. It's about reading the room, and it's about leading with a positive and then not a negative, but going in with it's.
Speaker 3: It's exhausting because you're acting twenty four, So it's.
Speaker 2: Kissing ass and then it's getting what you wanted to kiss a whole other ass.
Speaker 3: Early in my career either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see, this is the stuff I never knew about you, like I from the outside perspective, and I'm going to be just a viewer fangirl right now. Like I would have thought, like you had it so easy, like you could.
Speaker 1: A lot of things did come to me really easily, but there I had. I had my challenges as well.
Speaker 3: I mean we all do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were how old when you got famous?
Speaker 3: Twenty four? Okay, so but I was young twenty four.
Speaker 2: I was pretty immature, really, Yeah, you ever had long hair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had long hair in high school.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, never revisited the long hair.
Speaker 2: Would you like him a longer hair? Not long?
Speaker 1: I mean I kind of had like a slicked back, sort of gweedo thing going on for a while.
Speaker 3: But I mean in high school I had hair like down to my chin. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just think, I mean, yeah, I need you to send me a picture. But I just feel like you've always had kind of the same look.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, maybe you used to think it's not for me to switch up my look. Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, yeah I think I mean I'm feeling like, okay, wait, so you said you want to get married by fifty like George Cloty, but you're you're.
Speaker 3: More not rough things, you know.
Speaker 2: Four years later? Are you a foodie? Oh?
Speaker 1: I like food. I wouldn't call myself a foody. I don't really have that refine of a palette. I'll eat anything.
Speaker 2: Wait, does I mean you're not a foodie?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well I love food, Like do you get that happy like happy and dance like when you like good food? Me too, so did Yeah, it's not about a refined palate. Looz. Boosh, he's eating what moores.
Speaker 1: Literallyes, I'll just eat.
Speaker 2: Do you eat sushi?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you love sushi?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Do you eat meat?
Speaker 3: I eat a lot of meat? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, mean potatoes guy? Yeah, okay, you lost me at sushi. Gave me meat and potatoes?
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 2: Do you like stew chili?
Speaker 3: I love stew? Love chili?
Speaker 2: Oh, I love beef. Sorry, sorry came out. When I talk about food, I get really excited. Do you like food, Helen?
Speaker 3: Food?
Speaker 2: Okay? Good? I could eat all day long? Old? Do you thirty one? You're so lucky you can still eat all day on anything? I love tacobill. Do you like Taco Bell? Yeah, tacoball and McDonald's which.
Speaker 3: One probably McDonald's for me, But I do like Taco Bell.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What's your go to order?
Speaker 1: I get like a ten piece chicken nugget, two classic cheeseburgers, a super size fry, and of an ella milkshake.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's order and they die?
Speaker 3: Yeah, sweet and sour sauce.
Speaker 2: You just laid that down, you guys. If I if you can see him right now with so much confidence that oh all right, Helen, I want to make out with your boyfriend. Now and only because of this McDonald's order. Sorry, I know everybody else has ulterior motives. Now, that was like crazy, Okay, wait, onions on it?
Speaker 1: Pickles just whatever comes on it. I don't really, I don't really customize it. Yeah, pickles and pickles and onions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't stand people that don't like pickles.
Speaker 3: It's a red flag.
Speaker 2: Oh what's your refrigerator at all times?
Speaker 1: Diet peach, snapple, iced tea, milk, whole whole milk, good boy?
Speaker 3: Yeah I drink whole milk.
Speaker 2: Yeah you do you should?
Speaker 3: Yeah, whole milk.
Speaker 2: Wow, you drink oat milk all day?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 2: I said that with conviction, like I didn't really care or judge. You buy it like I just said it, like, I don't know. He's inspired me here. I'm like going strong now, okay, wait, what would people be surprised to see in your.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I drink the whole milk from the carton.
Speaker 3: I just started buying raw, whole milk.
Speaker 2: Raw milk controversy.
Speaker 3: But it's just what's the controversy. I'm not aware.
Speaker 2: You're You can ask me to be smart right now.
Speaker 3: I want to.
Speaker 2: I don't know, he said, it's not good for us, right, the raw milk. Yeah, it's great propaganda.
Speaker 3: I mean, what would people be surprised that was in the refrigerator? I don't know. I mean I do take a lot of sees.
Speaker 1: I take a lot of vitamins, and I take take like liquid collagen. I take liquid vitamins, I take creatine.
Speaker 3: I take a lot of stuff.
Speaker 2: How many pills a day?
Speaker 3: Oh, I take I take a lot. Oh. Yeah, I'm into the bio hacking.
Speaker 2: I want to do that.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of effort, that's for sure. I don't have I don't. Yeah, I don't know if you want to put it all that effort.
Speaker 2: Into it, yeah, Jesse earmuffs. Do you guys want kids? I do. I'm perplexed by you. Helen Armus forty six and you've never been married.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right. My mom's been married and divorced okay four times.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know, so that's sort of the example that I grew up with. You know, I may be a little bit of a commitment fob. I've had a lot of long term relationships. I've been very very close to marriage, but no, I haven't made it down the Aisle.
Speaker 2: So in the past when people say I hate this, this is still like new terminology red flag or green flag.
Speaker 1: That you are well, you know, I think if I was talking to a man, this would be a different conversation, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I mean it's like, what's so great about getting married? Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh, I can have this conversation with you. I'm going through my second force nothing.
Speaker 3: How do I benefit?
Speaker 2: How does anyone benefit? It's an archaic term, like it's just it's.
Speaker 3: Pretty it's pretty archaic. Yeah, it's pretty archaic. Yeah, I mean, there's there's a there's a lot of.
Speaker 1: Successful unions out there, especially in Hollywood, people that have been together forever and have children and I've never been married And.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen because I've seen a lot of this, people that were together for years and then get married and getting divorced.
Speaker 3: That's hilarious. Yeah, that's it's insanely ironic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Khazaria and Helen Hunt, we're like one of those couples like, yeah, anyway, will I ever get married again? In nasty? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yes, Jesse, will you ever get married again?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I do like to well, no, I if someone came in and swept you off your feet, you'd get married again.
Speaker 2: I let me tell you why, because I really love I'm a great party planner, so I love throwing a great party. I love fashion, I love food. I love a good thing. Like I don't know, but would I ever get married just to get I don't know. M Like if I was with someone and the kids wanted me to, maybe that would be different. But I don't really see a point because you can be together because guess what, Like maybe back then they thought, well you're married, like, they won't cheat on you, but it will still cheat when they're married like that, that's a hold up. So I'm not sure what you get except a piece of paper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's a contract.
Speaker 2: So it's a contracts Who get's commissioned on that though?
Speaker 1: I know exactly, Yeah, yeah, exactly. Whoever makes less money gets commissioned. Fair.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's fair. Wait, no, Helen, I'll I'll, I'll still participate. I'll come to your wedding.
Speaker 3: Helen comes from a very nuclear family.
Speaker 1: Fine, her parents have been together forever and she's the eldest of seven seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have five kids.
Speaker 2: Your parents had seven seven. You're the eldest, you're like, my Stella is the eldest daughter in the family, which she calls herself the second parent. She basically says that she raised my eight year old. That's what I say. Really, Oh my gosh, But you still want kids even after all that. She used to really want kids, and now she's like, I'm not sure. I'm like, listen, you're seventeen. It's going to go back and forth when it's the right person. Yeah, wow, Okay, we have four years. I mean, you put it out there.
Speaker 3: I did put it out there. I know I didn't have to do that.
Speaker 2: Would you do that to yourself?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, if we're still going strong four years from now and we're not married, I'm happy to get married.
Speaker 3: That'll be I think that'll be a good sign.
Speaker 2: So here's the thing. Like, a woman doesn't want to interet a time, okay on this day. A woman doesn't want to be called a girlfriend forever. Like I feel like, no, no, my partner sounds not great. So what's the burbage you would use?
Speaker 3: If it's not white, probably your partner.
Speaker 2: I don't like that. Yeah, it's got to be something a little sexier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely, because it's like sounds a little same sex, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your business partner, yeah, I don't know. I have work partners, like I don't want my life partner or it's my life partner people, Yeah, I know, I don't know. There's a little dress sexy about that. It's my bride, but.
Speaker 3: Like no, there is for sure. And making that kind of commitment too, I mean, that's it.
Speaker 2: You can be committed without, but.
Speaker 1: I mean it's it's you know, putting putting it down on paper and really making that that gesture, that commitment. I I do think there's a romantic element to it. You know, it's very traditional, but tradition, tradition can be romantic.
Speaker 2: I think tradition is wrong.
Speaker 1: I mean, I I'd like to think I'm only going to do it once if I do do it, so I'm taking my time.
Speaker 2: I like this guy. I'm on board Ellen stamp of approval, no problem if sorry. When you have kids, do you want boys or girls? Weren't a lot girls? He wants girls. He would be the best I want.
Speaker 3: I want to I want a girl. Yeah, but I probably have two kids. A boy and a girl would be amazing. Obvious they would be perfect, perfect twins.
Speaker 2: Well, you've taken so long. By the time you go to do it, you can probably just like switch and get what you want.
Speaker 3: Well, that's yeah, that's what we'll do.
Speaker 2: What is it spinning the sperm? Is that a thing?
Speaker 3: And I have no idea. I never never heard of such a thing.
Speaker 2: He's telling the truth. Wait, no, there's a thing. I think there is. Yeah, so they okay, they Yeah, they take out your sperm. I don't know. That sounded awfully painful and they picked that. I don't know either. Theology. Wow, anyway, it's costs a lot of money. And you can choose whether you have a boy.
Speaker 1: I mean you can pretty much choose anything, can't you. But you can design your baby. Yeah, I think you can. You can choose a lot of things. Actually, if you wanted to do that that takes.
Speaker 2: The traditional event, I feel like that would bump you out.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You know, don't you hope they have his eyes?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had pretty babies. Have you ever tried to put your photos into AI and see what your baby?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: That sounds fun, though it can be very disappointing. Yeah, sometimes the prettiest people have the ugliest baby that doesn't happen?
Speaker 1: I have.
Speaker 2: It does happen? It does? We two have all all over.
Speaker 1: Can care, all over skincare. Well, I know, I suppose you could use these products. They're not intended to be used anywhere else other than your face, but you know these products are so clean and so John tole, I'm sure you could use them anywhere.
Speaker 2: Okay, because I really don't have that many wrinkles, But my elbows are really wrinkling.
Speaker 3: That's to common.
Speaker 2: I think it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wrinkley elbows. Can you get maybe, but bowtox in your elbow?
Speaker 2: Can?
Speaker 3: I probably? I heard you can get bowtoks in your in your balls, in your ball sack. I don't know why I said that, but I did.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 3: I read an article that says that you can like botox your your balls if they're like super wrinkly, because you want them to just you know, your wrinkly balls. I mean they're not necessarily smooth. You know, they're kind of wrinkly, like.
Speaker 2: Your young ball smooth. I don't remember. Wait, wait, the balls get clear, thought, they just get longer.
Speaker 3: This is contagious. I'm getting like a case of the tories. Over there.
Speaker 2: My day. Wait, I'm super fascinated by that, because why would you want to you would have to be so like, I mean, you don't see them.
Speaker 3: I'm not really want to see them.
Speaker 1: Way again, I don't know why I brought that up. It's not it's not a concern, but I did see something.
Speaker 3: Along those lines. I mean, you can botox anything. I don't know if that's a botox or armpit. You know.
Speaker 2: You well that's sweat, yeah right, that's for something different. You're wearing loafers.
Speaker 1: I am Yeah, I love a loafer. You're making me really silly right now, really embarrass myself.
Speaker 2: Good, this is great. What's next?
Speaker 3: I don't know what's next for me, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I got a couple of small movies coming out, but I'll be honest, you know, the industry has been pretty challenging at the moment. You know, I definitely get some nice opportunities to audition for some some big shows. And you know, I was recently guest starred on a Law and Order, which was super fun, and I was kind of hoping that would turn into a series regular, and who knows, maybe it will in the future. You know, they they definitely. You know, Dick Wolf has a ton of shows on the air, and I would love to find a place on one of them, should he see fit to offer me that kind of opportunity.
Speaker 3: But I'm you know, I'd love to be back on TV. It's been a minute, or movies or well, you know, I mean, I.
Speaker 1: I kind of jump around from like independent films, independent film but there's nothing like, you know, the steady work of being on a television show and being able to really dig into one character over a long period of time.
Speaker 3: I like the consistency.
Speaker 1: I like the stability, you know, and if if you love the show you're on and the character that you're playing, I mean, there's like, there's no better job in the world.
Speaker 3: Really, I know.
Speaker 2: It's so yeah, we work for Ryan Murphy.
Speaker 3: I've never worked for Ryan Murphy.
Speaker 1: I've met Ryan Murphy at the gym that I work out at, you know, his partner, uh is It works out at dog Pound in West.
Speaker 3: Hollywood, and I see him all the time. He's great. And Ryan's been in there a couple of times.
Speaker 2: With your future wife, you met Ryan Murphy work.
Speaker 3: Out, So Ryan's been in there a couple of times.
Speaker 1: He's incredibly talented, obviously super prolific. You know, it seems like everything he touches turns to gold. Obviously it would be incredible.
Speaker 2: To until oriented one of.
Speaker 3: His shows or just you know, completely catapults your career.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I feel like that's a good fit for you. I'm looking that out there, and I feel like he would love you because you're he left nostalgia and he loves a shortlist man, and you've done a lot of that.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've done my first share.
Speaker 2: And you look great and you're a great actor. Wait, how do we sell this to him right now?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I think we're selling it to him right now. Maybe he'll hear this.
Speaker 2: I beg. I beg weekly for him, But tessaly something and I've gotten.
Speaker 3: I absolutely love I absolutely love his shows. His shows are incredible.
Speaker 2: Do you like horror films?
Speaker 3: They're not my favorite?
Speaker 2: Have you been one? I can't remember.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been in several horror films. Oh, I mean a movie called The Tortured. I don't know what other horror films.
Speaker 1: I was just in a horror I have a horror film coming out, Possession at Gladstone manor Yeah, I have that's that's coming out later this year.
Speaker 3: That is sad. But yeah, no, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't really love horror movies. Some people are just, you know, obsessed with horror.
Speaker 2: I'm obsessed. Do you like horror? Fiones? Oh for each other? Anything gory, bloody? Can't like watch the Eyes Closed, would you? I guess they don't really make them anymore, but like a sitcom, they do make them.
Speaker 3: Especially with a lot of audience.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's nothing like I was on.
Speaker 3: I was on Two.
Speaker 1: Broke Girls for an episode and I had the best time on the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 2: There's nothing like that live audience.
Speaker 3: I know, love energy for sure.
Speaker 2: It's so great. And people can't understand that, aren't. Yeah, it's getting those laughs firsthand. We've done theater.
Speaker 3: None, never done a plan in my life.
Speaker 1: I came dangerous close to booking Frankie and Johnny on the West End, but it didn't happen, you know, And I don't know, I just, uh, I guess I've just never really pushed hard enough.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I've definitely talked to my representation.
Speaker 1: About possibly doing theater sort of you know, back in the day a little bit, but it just never really happened.
Speaker 3: But I would love I would love the opportunity. It seems like an incredible experience.
Speaker 2: Like Xanna, do you and great? You roller skate?
Speaker 3: I can roller skate.
Speaker 1: I'm not an avid roller skater, but yeah, I think I'm capable.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Half the people listening won't get that reference. Your bride doesn't get that reference.
Speaker 3: No, no, no no. We've definitely aged ourselves with the Zamia.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It was Olivia Newton, John John Travolta. Yeah, and then it was on Broadway for years. My friend James Nlo played late. Okay, are you done? Are you ready to go?
Speaker 3: Did you see that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Of course, see everything, my friend. We did well here that we did.
Speaker 1: I think we covered a lot of ground, and I'm happy to come back and cover more ground anytime.
Speaker 3: Really, absolutely, I love you. You're great.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I love you too. You know what's great about doing this podcast is I'm reconnecting with people that and I tried hard for the last few days to think where we ever connected, and we.
Speaker 3: Never really crossed.
Speaker 1: Beeths Okay, okay, here here's a connection. Rest is soul. Yes, Michael Mirash, do you know who Michael Mirror shows. I know the name, but okay, Michael mirrorsh Okay, I get events and I used to run clubs. Okay, this is back in the day, and.
Speaker 3: The Mexican restaurant that that was once a club. What's the name of the club? What's the name of the club? Hold on? So this is like, this is like back when when you really.
Speaker 1: First you know, broke on nine on two and I and you and and Shannon.
Speaker 3: Doherty would go out to this club, the Roxbury.
Speaker 2: So the Roxbury. But then what you're saying is it ended up being like Prenk.
Speaker 1: Taco's exactly, exactly, yes, something something along those lines. Well, Michael Mirash was a close personal friend of mine. He used to do these charity basketball games that I used to participate in. But he used to tell me stories about when he used to like run this this nightclub and and all the young actors from NIS who and I used to come to this nightbe go to the Roxbury.
Speaker 2: You know, did he tell you I peted at booth under the table?
Speaker 3: He never mentioned that Flowers.
Speaker 2: I was really I apologize, but.
Speaker 3: You know, so we were talking about the fact.
Speaker 1: That you could come up in the industry and have a good time, and you didn't really have to worry about people taking cell phone photos of you or didn't have to worry about paparazzi.
Speaker 3: Well, you definitely enjoyed those perks like early, early, earlier in your career.
Speaker 1: I've heard some stories that, you know, can you tell me guys were like kind of wild. I mean, I can't really go in the specifics per se, you know, but he just said that he knew all of you and I actually I think dated Shannon briefly.
Speaker 2: I think I call this okay, yes, and.
Speaker 1: That you guys were out a lot. We were enjoying the fruits of your labor.
Speaker 2: I was a good girl, though, like I didn't do drugs like I. We would do a lot of shots. What was that green drink? Majory? Okay thoughts which didn't look good coming back up?
Speaker 3: No, I wouldn't think so.
Speaker 2: My mom was real pissed one time when I came to the manor like you fell over her carpeted elevator. But yeah, and I did. I was a kissing bandit, but like I wasn't like a naughty girl like I didn't sleep with a lot of people.
Speaker 3: So you were a good girl. You were a very good girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was fun though, I was really fun.
Speaker 1: I mean, the next time I come on the podcast, we need to get more into your life. Your life might be a lot more interesting than mine.
Speaker 2: I'm going to a little nuggets down here. I see it, I see it. Okay. So yeah, so what I was saying, though, it's nice to reconnect or not connect, like all those years know each other and get to know each other as adults. And it's so I've.
Speaker 3: Always heard I've always heard great things about you, and.
Speaker 2: I've heard great things about you, not kidding from what I've heard. No, there's not one person that doesn't think you're a nice guy. No one in my gearshot has ever said you're difficult to work with. So anyway, it's nice to know you as an adult and just have a different perspective. And I think you're really cool and really fun and and come back anytime, you come back anytime. Well, my little whole name here, thanks.
Speaker 1: You having mine, No, thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it.