Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Final Hour on this Monday, Dan and the Dan That's Dan Patrick Show come on in talk some NBA Lakers on the brink of being eliminated. Tim Legler from the Mothership will join us. We will give you our best and worst of the weekend, recapping some of the highlights. We did talk a lot about the Lakers no substitution second half. They're going against a young, hungry team in Minnesota, and they're going against Anthony Edwards and he'd not afraid of anybody. Also, a couple of NBA games coming up tonight, you have the Miami Heat and the Cavaliers Game four, Rockets Warriors Game four as well. Recap the draft some of the interesting moves, and now it kind of quiets down a little bit here. Now there will be stories that come up, and it'll have to do with Shador Sanders. There'll be more people that will probably be more forthcoming with information here, whether it backs up what all these other teams did, or maybe refutes what these teams did, or teams should have drafted him with a better pick, a higher pick than what they did. I just don't understand the Cleveland Browns. And yes, I've said that before many many many times in my life. But you're taking Dylan Gabriel and he is an athletic, decorated quarterback. But if you know that Shadoor Sanders or the owner like Shador Sanders, why are you taking the chance that somebody is And I think that there was word that another NFL team, NFC team was going to go up and get Shador Sanders, and that's why the Browns traded up to take Shador Sanders. I don't have that definitive, but I think there was a surprise NFC team that was going to go up and take shad Or Sanders. Therefore, the Browns went up to get him, like they he wasn't good enough to get in the third round, but you're going to try right up to get him in the fifth round. It just doesn't make any sense other than the fact that the owner of the Cleveland Browns probably said, hey, guys, I got this. Meanwhile, the coach and GM are going, okay, we just traded up to get Shador Sanders. Eight seven to seven to three. DP show email address DP at Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at dp show operator Tyler sitting by good morning. If you're watching on Peacock stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. And in case you're wondering, I saw preliminary reports that the second day, third day of the draft of forty percent and you can attribute that to Shador Sanders. This wasn't a sexy draft at all. Really, it was Travis Hunter, he goes early, and then it was who's taking Shadoor Sanders. That's it. No, there are a lot of great defensive line nobody cares. Oh, Ashton Genty he went early. No real good wide receivers, big name wide receivers. This had to do with Travis Hunter, Shadoor Sanders, and maybe not in that order. Certainly, by the end of the weekend, it was all about Shadoor Sanders. And I still think Cleveland was the right place for him. I think he has a chance to play. I think he has a chance to play right away or at least his rookie season. I truly believe that. And if you're going to structure an offense that is based around Joe Flacco as your starter, well, Joe has no mobility. See, you're not saying we want you to be like Lamar Jackson, because Shadoor Sanders can't be like Lamar Jackson. Your offense is going to be probably structured that you can put Shador in there instead of Joe Flacco. Now, I'm not saying he's better than Joe Flacco because he's not even at forty years of age. Joe Flacco knows how to play the position. But I do think Shador can play. And if we put the over under of one and a half starts for Shador's rookie season, I'd probably go over. But it's because the sheer attrition at that position. Nobody stays healthy the entire year. It's really really rare. And if sixty plus quarterbacks played had one start last year, the odds are he's probably going to get a start. It's just if teams really thought that he could be a Pro Bowl caliber quarterback. I don't think the awkward interviews, the lack of interest in some of these meetings would have sunk him this far. That's what's interesting. Because you pass on somebody five times because of maybe awkward conversations, how is he as a football player that'd be the first thing I would say, because there are a lot of guys who played in the NFL who aren't good guys, but they were really good at what they did. And that's what you have to ask, is is he good enough to have this kind of baggage that may not fit in the overhead bin. That would be the second question that I would have for him. But he was awkward in interviews entitled seemed disinterested, Like those are red flags. I want to know if you want to be great or do you think you're great. There are a lot of players who get to the NFL they think they're great, and that's when the work really starts. You're great in college, but you're not great when you get to the NFL. You have to prove you're great. And that's what I want to know. That's what I want to see, and I would not be surprised at all if he's really good this year. Not at all. Yeah, Paul, it's.
Speaker 3: Almost like with the NFL, or it is like your off the field baggage has to be off the field, like you did a like a something bad off the field, and they'll get over that. You'll still get drafted. You won't fall that far in the draft. But if if you're considered maybe a possibly bad teammate or bad guy, that's a thing that could really hurt someone. Or that's what appears that's going on here. The collective think of it because like the kid from Michigan, the cornerback injury issues, you drop around, you don't drop five rounds.
Speaker 2: Jason in Phoenix, Hi, Jason, what's on your mind?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 4: Hey, thank you guys. Yeah, I just quickly on Shador. It's like three teams drafted the start of this season, and you know if you don't want to go to two of those teams and your dad saying, yeah, I want to coach. So if he goes to Pittsburgh, Tomin has one year with him. If it doesn't go good, he's already kind of almost on the hot seat because they haven't had long playoff runs. But why would you why would you invite that? You know, it's like, it makes perfect sense to me why you felt like, and then you're not gonna want him as a backup because then you've still got the circus in town. So that just makes sense to me. I don't know, I must be the crazy one here.
Speaker 2: No, I understand it, but it doesn't I don't rule out him being a starting quarterback in the NFL. Would a lot of these things scare me, Yes, if I was drafting him in the first round, of course, second, even third. And you're right, you don't want your backup quarterback to be more famous than your starting quarterback. But this happened to Cam Newton late in his career, and it happened to Tim Tebow late in his career. They didn't want to bring those quarterbacks in because the camera, the announcers would always focus on that whenever the quarterback threw an interception or he got sacked, and then let's go to Cam Newton or when's it tbou time. You just don't want that. And I understand that business decision, and that's what it is. You want to make sure there's so many distractions, and it's so hard to win in the NFL. You don't want to add to the degree of difficulty. All right, best and worst of the weekend, Let's go around the room. Then I want to play a couple of clips with Bill Belichick being interviewed on Sunday Morning CBS Sunday Morning, Todd, I'll start with you. Best and worst of the weekend.
Speaker 5: Best of the weekend, the wild ending in Game four Saturday Night between the Nuggets and Clippers, La comes all the way back, takes a one point lead with just over a minute left, which was their first lead of the game, only to lose on that buzzer beating dunk by Aaron Gordon, tying the series of two apiece.
Speaker 6: Worst Chador not.
Speaker 7: Getting selected until the fifth round of the draft, taken by the Browns one hundred and forty fourth overall, and the whole pretending to be Saint Jim Mickey Loomis prank phone call by the Falcon's defensive coordinator Son Seaton.
Speaker 2: Best and worst.
Speaker 8: My best of the weekend is having the Stones to steal those phone numbers and make those frank calls. It takes an extraordinary amount of I don't know, audacity or something, or liquor yeah, or liquor yeah, yeah. Those kids are idiots. But the worst of the weekend is glad you can't take the victory lap and release the video. You just can't do that. That's that's about as dumb as you could possibly be. Marvin Western Worst best of the weekend, The team.
Speaker 9: We're not talking about the Indiana Pacers Tyree Halliburton seventeen points fifteen assists as they took a three one lead over the Bucks. Worst of the weekend the Colorado Rockies. They got swept by the Cincinnati Reds. Their record now is four and twenty three this season. There this year's Chicago White Sox.
Speaker 2: Wow, how many wins do the White Sox have? Checking Cause last year's White Sox could be this year's White Sox too, or this year's White Sox could be last year's White Sox. Yes, Paul, the.
Speaker 3: White Sox are still within striking distance of them. They're seven and twenty one.
Speaker 2: Okay, best and worst of the weekend, Paul, I will give you both those.
Speaker 3: Tony Dukoppel, the CBS Sunday Morning reporter of the interview at Belichick, not let himself be pushed around with those non answers. And here's one that's not getting enough coverage. The Commanders are going home. The Washington Commanders have an agreement with the town, the city, the mayor to build a stadium in the District of Columbia back of the old RFK Stadium site. They're going to build a whole complex, hotels, everything, they're going to be in the city. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: And I'll go back to and I don't know how long ago this was, but I got information that the now once again I don't know how long ago this was, but the then Washington Redskins they wanted to be able to move back into RFK, So this is probably seven eight years ago maybe, and they but if they did, then they had to give up the nickname. They couldn't use Redskins anymore. That the Commissioner would green light into back into Washington, DC. But now that's gone. So now you're the commanders. I'm sure the Commissioner's like, yeah, going ahead, go back. In great atmosphere, Bill Belichick sat down. He's promoting a new book about Winning Winning, and he was on CBS this morning and there was a moment where Bill Belichick's girlfriend interrupts the conversation. Jordan was a constant presence during our interview. You have Jordan right over there.
Speaker 10: Everybody in the world seems to be following this relationship. They've got an opinion about your private life. It's got nothing to do with them, but they're invested in it. How do you deal with that. Never been too worried about what everybody else. Thanks, just to try to do what I feel like is that's for me and what's right? How did you guys meet.
Speaker 11: Not talking about this?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: No, it's a topic neither one of them is comfortable commenting on. I wasn't interested until they said they weren't talking about it. Now I'm interested.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 2: And apparently, according to The New York Post, she interrupted the interview on numerous occasions. It wasn't a one time only thing. But look, I understand this. If you're CBS, I think you want to give the context of what the interview was like. You sit down with Bill, back and forth. You know, it's we'll promote the book, we get to ask you questions, and then the interviewer, Tony wants to stray a little bit over here because that's where you're going to get headlines. Not really talking about Bill's ability to win games. Although the other part of this is that what he had to say about not acknowledging his former owner Robert Kraft.
Speaker 10: I have to ask about Robert Craft because twenty four years together, six super Bowls.
Speaker 2: Unless I'm wrong, he's not in this book. How come he's not.
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 2: Again, it's about my life lessons in football, and it's really more about the ones that I experienced directly.
Speaker 10: But he's not even in the acknowledgment section.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 10: Do you feel like you were treated with dignity and respect when you were.
Speaker 2: Let go by Robert Craft?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What was a mutual decision that for us? The part ways Bill wasn't. It's never mutual, it's just not. It becomes mutual after somebody says, hey, uh we're gonna We're gonna let you go. Uh well, wait a minute, I'd like to stay. Uh no, I think you would like to go. It's mutual. Okay, I guess it's mutual. It wasn't. They'd moved on from him. They had taken away a lot of his power over the last decade. Robert Craft and his son. Yeah, see, I think there's room for mutual. I think you come around mutual.
Speaker 8: I once quit a job and I walked into my boss's office. I was like, hey, just letting you know, I'm putting my two weeks in. He goes, why did you just leave?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 2: And I was like perfect.
Speaker 6: Great.
Speaker 8: He's like, I'll pay you for the two weeks, why don't you just leave now? I was like, great, that felt really mutual. I pulled the trigger first, but he was definitely like, why wait the two weeks?
Speaker 2: Just go now? Do you think Bill Belichick went to Robert Craft and goes, you know what, I think it's time for me to leave. You know, I feel like maybe I can a college football team.
Speaker 8: I think that he was probably like, here's what I need, and if that doesn't happen, I don't know how interested I am in being here anymore.
Speaker 2: I think he got let go, but he didn't even acknowledge him. Like the acknowledgment is where you you know random people. You would think a guy who did help you build this roster would have gotten an acknowledgment there. So, But as far as his girlfriend being involved in this, she's a former cheerleader at Bridgewaters State University and I guess there was an Instagram photo that they met in February of twenty twenty one and he autographed a book for her, and then last June they were on his yacht and Nantucket.
Speaker 3: Old Bill Belichick would have been on a boat. New Bills on a yacht.
Speaker 2: Yeah, live in that yacht life. Yeah, he would have been in a like a iak er Yeah okay, yeah, uh you know, but when you're talking to like a newsperson, it's it's just different than if he's talking to you know, Mike Florio or you know, Adam Schefter. But if if you get that opportunity, this is part of the story.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: I know it's not part of the book, but it is part of you and what you're doing. Now. You want publicity for North Carolina and she plays a real active role here. I I don't think it's off limits to say, what role does your girlfriend play with your football team? What is her title? But she's over on the side, and I'm trying to think if this ever happened to me. It didn't. It almost happened with Sammy Sosa in spring train because Cubs PR was there and she wanted to shut down some questions about steroids. But I just stayed in the batter's box. I'm like, nap, I'm here, I got to ask these questions. And when I left, let's just say I was in the garage and I could hear a conversation that was going on in the house. The level was a little loud, let's put it that way. But as far as somebody's saying, we're not going to talk about that, I don't. I don't know. Do we not mid interview? Yeah? I don't think so. Yeah, Paul.
Speaker 3: We've had some pretty big names on like a Tom Cruise took Fritzy like six months. And there are occasionally some well you'd prefer not to talk about this in that, but not a mid interview interruption.
Speaker 2: Well, a lot of times if they say, well, he doesn't want to talk about that, well, when you tell me he doesn't want to talk about that, then I want to talk about that. And if I would have been told, let's say I'm part of the CBS This Morning crew and I'm doing the interview and they say no person, I'm guessing guessing that she would have had a preemptive strike to say, no personal questions, right, but North Carolina pr should be doing this, but this is Bill a book that has nothing to do with North Carolina. But I'm guessing as controlling as she appears to be, that she would have said, I'm not involved in this, I'm not involved in your questions there. But it's good TV. I liked it. I'm like, I'll be damn look at that they included this because sometimes they'll be fair and they don't want to show this. But if she's part of the she was part of the interview, part of the experience. All right, more phone calls coming up, Best and worst of the weekend? Eight seven seven three DP show. When we come back, Are the Lakers done? Tim Legler from the mother Ship, We'll stop by right after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the that's sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 12: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together We're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 13: You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 12: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 13: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's.
Speaker 2: Going on in the world.
Speaker 12: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well, other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 13: And the fact that We've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right, So check us out.
Speaker 12: We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live shows, just search Kobe and on Rich wherever you get your podcast, and of course on social media. That's Cavino and Rich.
Speaker 2: One of the youngest teams in the playoffs, the Oklahoma City Thunder. They get more rest as they move on from Memphis. I like how Jahn Moran said, if he didn't get injured, he had figured out how to beat OKC. I guess we're just gonna have to take your word on that. We'll get some more phone calls coming up eight seven to seven to three DP show email address DP at Danpatrick dot com. Tim Legler, one of the great shooters in NBA history, on the call for Celtic's Magic on Friday, as well as the Knicks in the Pistons Game four, and he has a podcast, All City NBA Podcast. We'll talk about that in a moment. Leg's good to talk to you before you knew the end result. If I would have told you the Lakers will not substitute in the second half of the Minnesota game, they will play their starting five and nobody else will come in on the road after they had what one day of rest in between games three and four, you would have said.
Speaker 6: What, no shot of winning the game? Because if you told me, first of all, if you tell me something like that, I would say, well, that's not going to happen. It's impossible, it's never happened. I've never heard of such a thing. That would have been my first answer. So this is a crazy hypothetical you're throwing at me. But if then I thought to myself, we you know, maybe this could happen, I would think they must be in dire straits. There has to be some reason why you'd be pushed to an extreme measure like that. And anyway you slice it against a team as good defensively as Minnesota is capable of being, to think you got five guys played twenty four straight minutes, no physical break, no mental break. It's just not a formula for success. I think there's a lot of criticism coming JJ Ritick's way. I think it's I think a lot of it is justified. It's not just the substitution patterns either. I have a lot of problems with that. The design of that inbounds play late where Lebron turned the ball over, I don't I don't understand what they were trying to accomplish by the design of the play, the spacing of the play, and then just a terrible decision by Lebron to fill it to the wrong hand for Luca. But so I think there's a lot of criticism that's levied against J. J. Reddick right now, and they don't come back and win this series. I think he's going to be dealing with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I'm looking at the mistakes they made. They blew a thirteen point lead, Minnesota's at home. That's a young team. Any team that has Anthony Edwards, you know, is not going to stop and some of these mistakes. Lebron takes a really deep three that to me was a bad shot. Even if he makes it, it's still not a high percentage the inbounds passes lazy, then you know he commits the foul, and Anthony Edwards to me a lot of that, and you know that Luke is not one hundred percent, but you're not bringing any of those guys out and you still had a chance to win. I don't think that Austin Reeves was ready to take that shot in the corner, but I mean the margin of victory and defeat at this time of the year. I mean, I was just surprised at how the Lakers played down the stretch.
Speaker 6: Dan Listen, you could go right now anywhere in the country and watch it. Probably you know, a middle school basketball game where you know the five starters are infinitely better than the kids on the bench, and they're gonna sub This is a situation with NBA players. You know, millions and millions of dollars committed in salary to the guys that are wearing Lakers uniforms sitting there, and you can't go to any of those guys an entire second half of a playoff game with really your season on the brink. Now, you know, I'm not going to completely write them off because they've got Luca and Lebron. They let's face it, at the end of the day, they've got two of the most special players in the league. So this is one situation where three to one don't I'm not ready to put this to bed yet. I think they go home and win Game five, you know, And now you're getting into a situation. Can you win a road game to force that Game seven back in your place? I don't know. But to think that you couldn't have the faith or confidence to go to anyone else on your roster besides those five guys, it's really mind boggling to me. And does it play into the decision making? Possibly? Does it play into that three you mentioned by Lebron and Plaid. You brought it up because I should have. I was remissive not mentioning that too. That's a horrible shot. There's seven seconds on the shot clock. He takes a thirty foot three and if you watch the possession, nobody moved. There was not a single cut screen, no action whatsoever. They came down, held the ball for a little bit, swung it to Lebron and he just pulled it after he had played twenty three consecutive minutes. And look, he's better from the three than he's ever been. That shot was Steph Curry range. That's not his wheelhouse. So was that a fatigue thing physically mentally? Possibly that the inbounds play, Like I said, the construct of the play was terrible. Three guys breaking to the ball within ten of each other with their defenders, So you got six bodies within ten feet of each other, all coming to the corner of this by the sideline where the half court acts as another barrier. If you catch it in the front court, now they could have run someone into the back court. That would have been nice, or at least have one guy breaking to the ball so he's gotten an opportunity to just push off and catch it. It was so congested, and then Lebron makes a terrible decision that the pass has to go to Luca's left hand. Jay McDaniels is on Luca's right side, he's hedging him over there, and Lebron throws it to that side. So is that a mental fatigue. He's too good a player, he's too smart to make that mistake. So I don't know what all played into it, but you can't tell me that it couldn't have factored in when those guys hadn't had a break physically or mentally for an entire half of a must win game. That's shocking to me.
Speaker 2: What did you see on that last play with the Pistons and the Knicks with Hardaway Junior.
Speaker 6: You know, my vantage point calling the game, Dan was tough because it was across the court, all the way in the corner to my right, all the way across the court with a lot of bodies over there. So the shot goes off and I couldn't We couldn't see it until we saw the replay. Once I saw the replay, I believe I said on the air my last comment on it was, you know, there's no doubt shooters typically are going to get that call. But then I went on to say, but at the same time, there was almost nothing called in the second half of that game on shooters, very little. I mean the third quarter of that game. I made a joke that you would have a hard time convincing me that Navy Seal training was more arduous than getting to the rim in the third quarter of that game, because they just there was nothing. It was played on it. By the way, I love it. I mean, I was the nineties was when I played. I loved that style of basketball. Now here's the thing though, on the shooter from a twenty four foot shot, you've got that guy's got to be protected more than a driver, and so to get bumped on your shooting side absolutely enough to make it the shot unmakable and should have been called. And as you can see, the officials immediately said it. They didn't even wait for the two minute report. They said it once they got to the locker room and saw the play because they wanted to immediately put it out there. We blew it. Now, that doesn't help Pistons fans because you'd have a two to two series going back to New York and the Pistons have played very well in Madison Square Garden in this series.
Speaker 2: Talking to Tim Legler, ESPN, NBA analyst, former NBA player, when you won the three point shooting contest, Larry Bird? Was he out of the NBA?
Speaker 6: Yes, he was?
Speaker 2: Okay, how do you think you would have done against Bird?
Speaker 6: Well, I hate to say it, but if Larry Bird walked in the locker room and guaranteed a victory in that competition, and I was sitting in the locker room, I probably would have had something to say back. So listen, I think everybody everybody that parted.
Speaker 2: Are you sure you would have said something at the time to Larry Bird?
Speaker 6: Probably not. He was much He was my idol in high school college, so probably you're probably right. No, but it may have made me. It may have made me even more because of how badly you know, how much better the story would have been there. You know, I was just so happy to win it and know that my name was going to go on a list with that guy, like of guys that have won the competition. So yeah, but look, I think anybody that's participated in that probably believes that they would beat anybody that's ever done it.
Speaker 2: How many teams can win the title?
Speaker 6: Well, I said going, I said, going in to the postseason or not the postseason. With about a month ago, I said, one of these three teams is winning a title, and you're not going to convince me it could possibly be anybody else that was okay, okay, see Boston and Cleveland. To me, those three teams lapped the field this year in the NBA. They were that much better than everybody else. The one X factor out there was the Lakers because you know adding this player and what that ultimately is going to look like. And their defense took major strides before that Lebron injury late in the year, their defense had taken major stride. They're figuring out how to protect Luca, and then you've just have two guys that have an answer for everything on the court offensively with their scoring, their playmaking and their IQ. So I thought, you know, I can't rule them out. To me, those other three teams have been so much better than the rest of the league. You rarely see it to that extent. So Oklahoma City for me, has been the best team I've seen all year. When they play their best, they are the best team. But look, Boston is obviously right there, and then the Calves have been great. I just don't know if the Calves ultimately will be able to get past Boston.
Speaker 2: Let me go back to the Lakers situation. It just dawned on me. You know, here's Lebron twilight of his career. They don't have draft picks there. I don't know where they are salary cap wise, Luca for one more year. Could you see a scenario where Luca looks around and goes, do I want to stay in this situation if Lebron's not there and you got kind of the group you have and maybe you add something. But is it a foregone conclusion Luca is going to stay in Los Angeles? No.
Speaker 6: I definitely could see that scenario, and the main reason for that he was thrust into it. He isn't a situation where Luca got to free agency and said, man, la is where I want to be. You know, that's where I want to go, like Lebron did. And then now you figure, well, he's going to stay to the rest of his career and finishing up because he chose that at that stage of his career. Luca didn't choose that. Luca was I'm I'm still not sure. Lucas over the shock of being traded, so he was thrust into it thinking the most of it. But when it's all said and done, does he a totally love playing with Lebron? Who knows? Does Lebron really love playing with him? I don't know that either. I don't know how that long that's gonna last. Is Lebron gonna hang them up? I don't know. But now Luca's envisions himself going forward in the Lakers organization. But JJ Reddick, who knows how he feels about that. Really, he hasn't had a large enough sample size and he didn't choose any of it. So when you're forced into a situation, you don't know really internally the conversations he's having, you know, with the people in his life that care about him. So could I envision it, Absolutely, I could envision it now. I think there's a possibility because of the organization, what it says on the front. You know, their commitment to try to keep winning all the time. They're always going to try to win, even if they're in the luxury tax. Maybe Luca wants to be that in the next decade he thinks, Hey, I'm a Laker, I'm gonna win titles here. But I don't know that. I don't think it's out of the question. He would look around and say, Man, this is a one I chose. What else is out there?
Speaker 2: Unless Nico Grrison goes to another team and then you have another trade with Nico Harrison. Who's the GM that you can fleece them? Tell us about the All City podcast that you have.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I'm really proud of it. Man, We're finishing our second year here do it with Adam Razu's Denver sports personality. Knows the Nuggets inside and out, but those the entire league four days a week, and it's real basketball talk like this like we're having right now. It's not hot takesh it's what happened in the game last night, and we're gonna break it down, make you smarter. What's coming up tonight? Looking ahead? Cover the entire league now, the playoffs great. So it's four days a week. Find it on YouTube man All City NBA podcasts or anywhere you get your podcast. I'm very proud of what it's becoming. I think if you're a real basketball person, this is where you want to go to get the breakdowns.
Speaker 2: It's All City NBA podcast on YouTube, anywhere you get your podcast. Do you think I would have beaten Greg Anthony that day in Detroit shooting three pointers when we were on the floor.
Speaker 6: Any competition, Dan, you got a pretty good stroke, Maybe maybe you'd have a shot, But I know this, if you decided to go one on one, I think Greg's locking you up.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, I agree with that. I'm just saying shooting three Greg Anthony is a fifteen to eighteen footer.
Speaker 6: Uh, let me ask Let me ask you a question. You always ask him to shooting mansion. Do you shoot anymore? Like you actually go to a court and shoot.
Speaker 2: Umm, it's too easy, I think, I like, after a while, you get bored.
Speaker 6: You know, I used to go. I used to shoot a lot. Man. I'm about to point out I shoot heavily leading up to my basketball pimp. So I don't embarrass myself in front of those kids. But I just I don't have the time for it anymore. My knees hurt a little bit more than they used to, so it's harder for me too. But I do know this. If you gave me, if you gave me a week to prepare for anything, I'm still gonna go. I don't put on a good show for you.
Speaker 2: So if I gave you a week to prepare for Steph Curry, for Steph Curry, I.
Speaker 6: Need more in a week. You got to give me about three months, Okay, all right, because I might need if I'm if I'm taking on a guy like that, I don't want to get humiliated. I'm probably gonna need to go maybe get some injections in my knee. First, let's start there, Okay, so I have supt comfort and then the rhythm of repetition. Yeah, you give me, you give me, you know, six days a week shooting for a couple of months. I'll take my shot against anybody.
Speaker 2: What about Ray Allen? You against Ray Allen right now? Three point shooting contest.
Speaker 6: Man, that's a good that's a great one. I don't Ray looks like the kind of guy that still plays pick up ball, Like you know, he's probably still in rhythm. I would need less time to take him on. But still, I always thought Ray Allen for like a decade, until the Curry came into the league, I thought Ray Allen was the best shooter on the planet for about ten years probably.
Speaker 2: So you know that man, Steph would probably have you.
Speaker 6: I mean, if you don't defer to him. I think that now you're you're coming off sounding a little bit kookie.
Speaker 2: How about you against Caitlyn Clark.
Speaker 6: I'd be confident in that. I'd be confident in that matchup.
Speaker 2: Okay, what if it's from thirty feet.
Speaker 6: She'd probably get me there now because she's she's regularly taking them from that distance. If I go shoot now and I'm trying to oppress you. I'm going to be towed up right at the line I used to be. I used to be. I used to be out there that at that rage i'd go to but I put on. I used to get go around and visit different camps, spoke at, you know, high school recruiting camps and again, and do shooting demonstrations, and I'd be out where you're talking about and not miss. Like you can go twenty minutes and you're just making everything. Now it's you're much closer to that line than you used to be. In fact, you're right on the line. You're it's an Al Horford three to put it.
Speaker 2: Good to talk to you again, Legs, thanks always, thanks for joining. Jim Legler won the three point shoot contest. Yeah, we were in Detroit, I think it was NBA Finals and Legs came out and he said, I'll beat you left handed, and I was it's one of the worst things that has ever been said to me, one of the meanest things ever. I'll beat you left handed from three point range, and I said, I'll crush you. And then Greg Anthony comes out and he starts shooting jumpers and we were shooting threes and he's shooting like fifteen eighteen footers. I said, you know, come out here where the grown ups are, and I would have dusted him off from three point range, Legler, I would have lost. Not left handed, he would not have beaten me left handed, right handed, he would have. Yes, Mark, does.
Speaker 9: Your basketball career still keep you up at night?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 9: Yes, because when I hear you, and I've seen you in person, you can stroke that thing whoall quote. But in my head, I'm like, I'm sure Dan's like, oh, if the guy from eastern Kentucky would have let me eat green.
Speaker 2: Light, Yeah, just give me the green light. But the older I get, the better I was Marvin, let's be honest. That's right. Oh that's what she said. Okay, Uh, that's it. More phone calls, close up shop, what we Learn What's in store Tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Right after this, be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAP.
Speaker 2: Last call for phone calls, What we Learn What's in Store Tomorrow? Had an odd conversation with Marvin on the flight back from Green Bay, and I don't know how we got to this point. But Marvin, as we're getting ready to get on a flight from Green Bay to Detroit. Kyle Brandt is there from Good Morning Football, Laura Rutledge from NFL Live. Urban Meyer was on the flight. Dan Orlovsky was on the flight. Mark Ingram was on the flight, and Marvin goes, if this plane goes down, what's the headline? So I gave him what I thought the headline would be. Todd, I'll start with you. If the plane went down, what would the headline be with the celebrities. I used that in you know, small lettering or well for me when or I went down on that flight, Laura.
Speaker 5: Rutledge, others perish would be the time, be serious, Todd, you.
Speaker 2: Would probably get the headline there.
Speaker 6: I'd even put you ahead of urban Meyer Seaton.
Speaker 8: Uh, tragedy strikes.
Speaker 2: No headline like no one name singular, I am you, No, no, not me? It's Urban Meyer in fifty two others Parish Yes.
Speaker 9: Ma, legendary coach, legendary, legendary broadcaster among those Yes, Paul.
Speaker 3: If I were on the copy desk, I think I'm going Meyer Patrick among fifty six dead in plane crash. Because if it's a tie of famousness. You would lean towards alphabetical order ap style book Meyer.
Speaker 2: Patrick, So I think you got the tie. I would I think it would just be Urban Meyer and other No.
Speaker 3: No, You've had a longer run than Urban Meyer.
Speaker 2: I had a better career than Urban Mine.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean you've had a longer run his career. Would you rather have minor Urban Mine at all time?
Speaker 3: You've had a much more, a much longer run of relevance.
Speaker 2: Well that's true.
Speaker 8: Yeah, First of all, why are you doing this last segment of the show, which had been running this poll question all day with this?
Speaker 2: I know? I just Marvin reminded me of it. He said, Yeah, we flew back and you knew it was on our flight, and then all of a sudden, I'm going, what would the headline be? I got on a plane, I was in Chicago, and I'm I'm on the plane and the last person on was Paul Hornig, who played for the Packers Hall of Fame. Paul Hornick comes on, he sees me, he goes hey Hornig. Fifty two others perish on the flight. Remember that, Patrick, So you'd imagine the people who are around us sitting and all of a sudden he's talking about the plane goes down. It's going to be about the Golden Boy. He was the original Golden Boy.
Speaker 9: AnyWho, oh DP, Sorry not to cut you off, but to cut you off.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: In Ohio, who gets the.
Speaker 2: Headline urban Meyer? Yeah? Yeah, yes, Mar, Yes, the headline might have just been gone. Yes see.
Speaker 8: Actually the question is in Michigan, who gets the head Oh me, are you sure?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: There might be a lot of joy on the other side of that. No, I don't have anything. Michigan doesn't have anything about urban Meyer dying. That's what I'm saying. Yeah, he would not be the headline.
Speaker 8: You don't think they would be celebrating dying more than a loss. That's what I'm trying to get at.
Speaker 2: So when did have an exclamation point after urban Meyer? We went again? I totally misread what you were saying.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, yeah, I love plane crash stare down by the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, Ma, it's always and then Todd always goes I hate when you get morbide. That's why I do it. Amy in Michigan, Hi Amy, Hi Dan.
Speaker 11: I was calling about something else that Now I'm laughing because I'm from Michigan and I don't know what I would say to the plane, So I love you, love the dan Ats. I'm calling because I used to teach um employment readiness, and I always taught my students all employers and that includes NFL teams, want two basic things. Number one, am I going to hire you for the job? And are you going to do the job I hire you for?
Speaker 13: And two?
Speaker 11: Are you going to get along with the other people I hire to do their jobs? And I think that's what happened in the draft. If you don't have that on either one or Summer, Iffy, then Sanders doesn't get chosen.
Speaker 2: Amy, thank you, thank you for the wise words. Let's go around the room. What we learned?
Speaker 6: Todd?
Speaker 2: Would you learn today?
Speaker 5: I learned the t Wols have outscored the Lakers in the fourth court of this series so far, one oh five to sixty nine.
Speaker 2: Yikes, Seaton, The draft business is a mess.
Speaker 9: Rvin leg Learning's three months for Steph Curry.
Speaker 3: Paul Meyer, Patrick Plane, Crash Tigh, Todd.
Speaker 5: You said, Anthony Edwards plays basketball like Ronnie Lott played football. I'm coming after you and it's gonna hurt.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yes, he just doesn't stop. Most cars on the road could use a little TLC. At Mako, they bring your car back to life affordable paint chomps like collusion repairs. You can get a free estimate today and remember when you take inventory with your car. Uh oh, better get Mako. Thanks for the phone calls, emails, tweets, the all around support, our pleasure to serve you on this Monday, Fritzy Seatan, Marv Pauli, yours truly and the BRGS have a great day. Everybody