Speaker 1: Hello, good, good, No yawning, Rosie, no yawning, come on, and no yawning alone.
Speaker 2: That while you stop. So the yawns are That was a full twelve minutes time. I'm just doing a lot.
Speaker 3: I'm doing a lot of yawning. Okay, I'm doing It's just I'm just into yawning. In twenty twenty five, this.
Speaker 4: Show is pretty boring for the guests, and we're using it because they do yawn while we're talking.
Speaker 5: Something I brought. I brought that into this.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 3: I appreciate. I appreciate the rule. Now I understand the depth behind it.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry. I'm a fragile male podcast. Though those words are redundant. I'm a male podcast.
Speaker 5: Just a guy.
Speaker 4: I'm amazed.
Speaker 5: Guy, I'm just a guy standing here in front of a girl.
Speaker 4: Yawn.
Speaker 5: I'm done, not the first time, not the first What are.
Speaker 4: You yawning to me?
Speaker 2: I'm trying to tell you something really important?
Speaker 4: Yawning.
Speaker 5: Sometimes they're not yawning at you.
Speaker 3: You're just like you're just like waiting for your wife to wake up and just so you can yell at at her.
Speaker 4: To me, you're boring. I'm not.
Speaker 6: What are we yawning at today, Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three, eighty five, Episode five of.
Speaker 4: Dirt Alleys That guys stay, production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 5: This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into American share consciousness. Never heard of it, America share consciousness. Nope, I'm unconscious. Oh no, yeah, yeah, I try to be. It's much easier, much easier.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, just kind of sleepwalking, just to make it. Fast food in cannabis. You know, that's how I reached the next plane of existency.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not storing memories I find.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's helpful. It is Friday, April twenty fifth, twenty twenty five. Yes, yes, it's double two five.
Speaker 5: This won't happen again for another three hundred.
Speaker 4: And seventy five years. Okay, might be next. I'll happen again next month. Sorry, yeah, I don't know. Hey, you never know. The world might end, so you might. That's true. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's also but actually, today, April twenty fifth is National Historic Marker Day, so you know, pay respect to those historic markers you see on the road that are like, oh, here is the this place where history has taken place? National hug a Plumber Day, National Hairball Awareness Day for all your feline feels.
Speaker 5: Those are related hairballs in my shower.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, this is for cats. This is more cats hairballs. Yes, yes, yes, a health a health concern. National DNA Day, National Arbor Day, shout out to National Zucchini bread Day, National Telephone Day.
Speaker 5: Do you even use telephones like that anymore?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, constantly.
Speaker 5: I'm just always at my at my corner waiting for the payphone to ring. You knowmever you see that happen in old movies, Like that's the plan. Yeah, you're going to get a call on that public phone.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I used to know the payphone number at my elementary school, amazing because that was the fun thing, is something. Yeah that's true.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what we had a like at a dorm there that I lived in, there was the public phone that, like your parents would just call and people would be like, you're like Jack, it's for you exactly, kids, Jack, pick up that brown.
Speaker 4: Anyways.
Speaker 5: Also, the hairballs in my shower are also a health hazard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, good, don't clog your drinks. My name is Jack O'Brien ak. J D went and killed the Pope. JD went and killed the Pope. JD went and kill the Pope. JD.
Speaker 5: You kind of can see where it's going from there, Gerald Dean Rice on the Discord. Super producer Victor sent this article to the Chat yesterday. Did you guys see the quote from.
Speaker 4: JD Vance when asked about being one of the last officials to meet with the Pope, He's like, I thought a lot about that. Actually, it's pretty crazy. Actually, obviously when I saw him, I didn't know that he had less than twenty four hours still on this earth.
Speaker 5: It's like, j Yeah, that's in fact, that's so obvious. You feeling the need to say it makes me want to take another look at that assumption, right right right, You didn't know he.
Speaker 4: Had less than twenty four hours. I didn't realize my skin would burn when I touched him, though I wasn't expecting that.
Speaker 5: I didn't know he would gasp and say I've never seen such evil before and fall into a deep COMA crazy dog. Anyways, My life is like a movie dog, a movie the same movie. Joined as always buy my co host, mister Miles It's Miles Gray.
Speaker 4: When's Sainte Diace worsing podcast? Lad, let us fucking go contractions. No day shall stand. Let us fucking go, shout out Halsey on salad, because yeah, we don't fuck with contractions, and it sounds better when you say, let us fucking go go, So let us let us let us please? Shall we anyway House on salad? Thanks for that one, and apologies for my Louis Armstrong impression. But sometimes you got to dust off the old vocal courts.
Speaker 5: I mean, I feel like that is putting a time limit on your podcasting career, whatever whatever it takes to do that.
Speaker 4: That feels like that hurts.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 5: No, it's great, it's great, it's great, it's no problem. It's annoying to everyone in my home.
Speaker 4: Though, Miles.
Speaker 5: We are thrilled to be joined by two of the people behind the amazing nerd culture podcast X ray Vision, brilliantly talented executive producer and the award winning host, respectively.
Speaker 4: Please welcome Joel Monique and Rosie No.
Speaker 7: Something I like to call us Iheart's Home for Fandom.
Speaker 2: We're at the home for the fans. Come and tell me about you.
Speaker 5: Behind Iheart's Home for Fandom.
Speaker 2: Hell, that's what some people are saying, so many and many are saying you're right.
Speaker 5: You're right then their Iheart's home for fandom. How are you guys doing? What a time for fandom?
Speaker 2: What a time to be alive? I p M because I think we are in I p mcged No, you killed it with April.
Speaker 3: April to May has been wild last of us and or Sinners obviously like unbelievable, smash it very glad that just coming off.
Speaker 5: Again. You're saying sinners and or the last of us, or.
Speaker 2: If you want to pick one or the other, that's also fine, yes, and or.
Speaker 3: The critically acclaimed Disney television program by Tony Toneeson and Gilroy.
Speaker 2: Found the tones were.
Speaker 4: Stay Michael Clayton, trust me.
Speaker 2: We've been talking about Michael Clayton too.
Speaker 3: Much podcast and in real life, like me, Joel and.
Speaker 2: Jason in one group, you're going to be getting a Michael qualite.
Speaker 5: And that was the other pitched tagline for the show. We're talking about Michael Clayton, maybe too much.
Speaker 2: People. Many people say they are the home for too many Michael Clayton references.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, just I want to be I just want to be off like that dude and Michael Clayton. Yeah they I mean the.
Speaker 2: Universe.
Speaker 4: You know, yeah, glove treatment. I mean they just come in, they take care of you.
Speaker 5: They handle everything.
Speaker 4: We handle it. You won't even know.
Speaker 5: Check their watch as your pulse is fading. Yep, and there it is one of the wildest, Like that scene is written on my soul. Oh yeah, so dark.
Speaker 4: It's just it's the clinical nature of it. It's because you're like, oh, they've done this, They've done their ten thousand hours of set up deaths. They're like, they're like the Beatles when they they got back from Germany's the movie.
Speaker 2: From two thousand and seven.
Speaker 4: Guys, it's a hit that happens in the movie Michael Clayton. That is clinical and also wanting.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I feel like in a in a Boeing era that we're living in. You know, you're thinking about it all the time.
Speaker 3: You're like, Also, Tony gil were in like just an unbelievable talent, you know, not only his and or a really fantastic television show, but he also wrote the Cutting Edge, like the.
Speaker 2: Ice Skating Range, your legacy Cutting Edge.
Speaker 3: We we've been talking about it, me and Jason, we talked to Tony about it last season. I'm sure it will come up again, It was advocate like, it's just like he's doing all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 2: You know, he's a great guy and and or is. Yeah, it's like a masterpiece.
Speaker 4: But I mean, one thing that can be said about Miles and I were with a number of a ks we've had so far as oh, I have so many names reference thank you.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: All right, we're.
Speaker 4: Going to get to know you both a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of the things we're talking about.
Speaker 5: We're going to talk about Trump's approval rating being in the.
Speaker 4: In the shitter? Yeah is that? Am I reading this correctly? Yeah?
Speaker 5: It's s H I T T E R.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, yeah, the shitter. Vladimir stop stop stop it, Vladimir. He's a steally negotiator. That tweet. Really, I'm not happy with the Russian strike on kid. Not necessary and very bad timing. Vladimir stop. Five thousand soldiers a week are dying. Let's get the peace deal. Do really was giving Ellis and Diehard another really old reference. But where he's talking to Hans Gruber, He's like, huh, babe, put away the gun. This is the radio television. Come on, come on, like just had no idea who he was dealing with to this moment. Stop, Oh my god, stop.
Speaker 7: Why it sounds like a husband trying to communicate with his wife on Facebook. They turn it down, like, dad, this is public. Please.
Speaker 4: Yes, we'll talk about the new Academy award rules that seem onerous to me. They seem too.
Speaker 5: Harsh, because really hot, we're not just copying the Golden Globes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: We might talk about media literacy, we might talk about the fire Festival, all that plenty more. But first, Rosie Joel, we do like to get to know our guests a little bit better by asking them to do something from their search history that is revealing.
Speaker 5: About who they are. I'd like to ask you both for that. And then I understand that you've decided to trade off the overrated underrated.
Speaker 7: Yes, wait, Rosie, can you go first on search history?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I can, because today I was looking up the very exciting laws around internet safety when you work for a large corporation. So I was searching exciting things such as I'm like one hundred years old, guys, I'm looking in my history.
Speaker 2: I'm like where's the search Guys like I don't remember the acronym, but okay, I'll tell you this is a this is a good one.
Speaker 3: Currently in my search history, I do have my training which I was trying to learn about different kinds of important health and safety. I also have a reddit for what do people give out free at K pop concerts? Because I was making a present for my friend who loves kpop? And what's the other most interesting history thing?
Speaker 5: Wait, what do you mean give out free at a can?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, let me.
Speaker 3: Educate you, because I too am I am like not a young hip person anymore if I have and basically at K pop concerts and I'm sorry to the Taylor Swift fans it was their first. It is very common for the young girls and the young people who go to these shows. They make fan photo cards of the capop idols, They switch kind of all kinds of merchandise. People will take plastic cups, people will take those light sticks. And when you go on Reddit and you look at freebies on concerts because I am just a dad who looks up everything on Reddit, they're just these unbelievable hauls that these girls get when they go because there's you know, twenty thousand people there and they're all switching around little bracelets with their bias on it or with the name of.
Speaker 4: The band Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like that, but like more.
Speaker 3: Extrapolated to multiple different kinds of merchandise. And a big part of like CA pop popularity is these things called photo cards where it's just like a little photo of the idol and they trade them kind of like trading cards. So yeah, I was looking up that kind of stuff to arrange a cute surprise for a friend, and I was really learning a lot, as I always do when I go and read it and ask a question that one hundred forty year old men have asked before me.
Speaker 5: My daughter's going to a K pop show.
Speaker 4: Have you tried just going to Google and asking their AI?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, dude, I'm I'm just as a as a person who spends a lot of time on the Internet and who writes a lot of articles and does a lot of journalism. The moment that that came up, I was like, I have to pretend it doesn't exist, yah, because otherwise at one point I will get okay, because I'm busy and I will get got and suddenly I will be writing something completely factually inaccurate. I'm like, I got to stay to the sources I know, the sites I know, and mostly that has just led to me just going to the thing like comic books because you can't.
Speaker 2: You got to ignore it.
Speaker 5: Google completely broken for completely or like years now, and now they just have a thing that's like what what if we just like took from the top five results that have been wrong for years?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because my.
Speaker 7: First old man yells at cloud moment where my kids don't look at the AI.
Speaker 2: It's terrible.
Speaker 7: They're so frequently wrong, and it's really terrifying, Uh if you're a person who really enjoys people reading, because I feel like it's just reducing literacy like om bransion by even more, and you're just like, it's it's just Google is just it used to be so accurate, you guys. Remember when Google was good? Always go over there, what we're looking for.
Speaker 5: Was good?
Speaker 2: Oh my well, I mean I remember using as Jeeves guys.
Speaker 4: I just a that was kind of the beginning of the AI creep though, because with ask Jeeves, I remember it was so totally set up to be like rather than a search term like your yeah, yeah, exactly in a conversational way. But I mean the more I look at like AI and I hear like like like men talk about it's like dude, like you can actually do therapy on there and stuff. Oh, I'm like, I'm now convinced AI was just created so men didn't have to appear like they didn't know anything.
Speaker 2: And no, no, I think that you I think it was.
Speaker 3: That is one of the biggest problems with it is it is exactly that because I didn't realize in my you know, naivete as somebody who's just too old to have been sucked into it. Multiple friends that I have who work with people who are in their twenties are just constantly catching them using it like it has become the go to so quickly to just put something through chat EUTP or ask them a question. And then people come on the Internet as they always have done and act like they are an expert source. Right, But the funny thing is now they are getting it from like a before you might have gone to a fandom site like fans sourced media and archival spaces are really really important and have for a long time been Like at the heart of a lot of genre fandoms. But you would go there and you would feed someone else's thing. You would you do some research or maybe you just quote it from Wikipedia. But now you're literally just quoting something wrong. Like nine times out of ten that AI answer is going to be absolutely incorrect. I was looking up something about the technological safety. I'm really sure I'm making this corporation feel great.
Speaker 2: I obviously all the lingo down, But don't worry.
Speaker 3: I will never put a USB stick where it doesn't belong to Yeah, I know that much.
Speaker 5: The thing that you learn in those trainings is if you find a USB stick in the parking lot, don't don't load it up, don't don't just take pick it up and plug it directly into your computer as I had been doing for you.
Speaker 3: I don't outdated, because whose computer even still has a USB prec exactly?
Speaker 4: No one dongle? But what this USB?
Speaker 3: I really know. But like even during that while I was trying to understand a bit more about like these different legislations have come in in the last any you know, since twenty fifteen or whenever. Every time I would be googling to try and understand more about it because I'm like, if I'm going to do the training, I may as well actually learn something. So I googled it and then they are legit giving me like the incorrect answer and information in the top, while the correct thing is in the you know the answer below, and that I think as well, Joel, you must under you must know this feeling. Me and Joel both came up like doing you know, journalism, entertainment, journalism and stuff. And if you wrote like a big deep dive interview or a law piece five years ago, the best kind of feeling of achievement was if yours was the first answer on Google, you would be like, Okay, I'm the most cited. I'm ever like this is me now, I'm like that better not fucking ever question that AI, because it is I've definitely got.
Speaker 5: Something wrong, like right, yeah, I mean it just general like it's a is a perfect replacement for men in that they just created a machine that will give an answer that isn't correct very confidently, you know, like made by men for men, and you don't place men.
Speaker 4: You don't and you don't have to struggle in public square of men because you can quietly.
Speaker 5: Just you know, like your phone and even for fucking therapy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I know, and like I can see that there are potentially non malicious applications of it, but like when I see the amount of people like reflexively.
Speaker 5: Like just think that that's the answer, that's what That's what spooks me out. Yeah, Joelle, is there something from your search history that's really so funny?
Speaker 7: You bring up K pop because I was hating up Black Pink tickets? I like, I like Jenny, She's cool. Uh, everybody loves Lalla Lisa. She's pretty sweet. It's got her a little uh song that I'm down. That's like maybe the girls song is everywhere. It's literally taken over my feet. And I was like, well, maybe I'll go. The tickets were more expensive, and then I paid.
Speaker 5: For Beyonce and I'm like, oh shit, I can't. I don't.
Speaker 7: I think I can't do that. I can't. So I'm just gonna wait. And there's still a ton of tickets left though, so I'm like, maybe closure to the concert, we'll look say.
Speaker 2: What about this, Joelle.
Speaker 3: This is not an advertisement, as I am not sponsored, but I do enjoy the game Time app where you can buy a ticket like two hours before a show and it's.
Speaker 5: Like twenty bucks.
Speaker 2: That was what happened with Beyonce last time. There was all these people buying floor show tickets, but like sixty bucks. Wow, tour like as long as you're like a couple of hours away. So I think you got the right idea.
Speaker 7: I haven't explored the game time app yet, but let me download it because I'm also looking at floor seats for the WNBA games when those started back up. You know I've been wanting to go I haven't you? Yes, because it was you you were telling you about how much when the WNBA games were and I was like, I got to go check these things out.
Speaker 3: The WNBA you can buy because the Sparks ended up as the lowest team, if not maybe one of I think it was the lowest ranked. But and I went to the last and it was unbelievable. The girl I just wanted to cry.
Speaker 2: She was like, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: We'll do better, like the captain of the team, and I was like, no, you are amazing, Like it's okay.
Speaker 2: None of us watching this are professional.
Speaker 3: Athletes, but that's like it's okay, Like you didn't do the cheapest they had when I emailed to find out about the season tickets. They had season tickets that started at like four hundred bucks, but like not terrible seats because the.
Speaker 7: Place for the queer girlies to like hang out, meet one another, see amazingly tall Amazon women on each other, like I'm just really.
Speaker 3: Here for And I will add another selling point, which is when I went, two of the girls had a fist fight. It was pretty Griner and one of the girls from the sparks and they got in a fist fight and they literally pretty got the game and they both got ejected, just straight up ejected.
Speaker 2: It was it was pretty sick. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 7: Sports fight is a top tier. I've never been to a sporting event where there's been a fist fight, but there's one happening, and I'm like, I'm on my feet immediately, I was like, let's go, let's see. I just well, I don't you know fighting, I r L. But sports are in real life. That's it. Those are billionaires punching each other.
Speaker 4: We should be.
Speaker 2: Somebody's writing somewhere. It's like, just let them fight, that's fair.
Speaker 5: I feel like there's a lot of there's a lot of blood lust right now in the sports fandom, like there there are a couple of NBA series that, oh, I have a really good chance of in Round one of the NBA Playoffs of going spilling over into street fights and everyone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like the same reason people wantch hockey, They just want to see somebody beat someone else up right, That's the the same reason people go to the to see any kind of large, slightly dangerous event is like, oh, what if it went wrong? Like there's a human curiosity there. Yeah, and you're right twenty twenty five springing out the bloodlust?
Speaker 5: What if the horses and the Kentucky Derby started fighting each other?
Speaker 2: Okay, I would want to kind you want to see the animals fight.
Speaker 4: You'll just take a quick break and we'll come back and find out what you guys think is overrated and underrated and get into some news.
Speaker 5: We'll be right back and we're back, and Rosie, we do like to ask our guests, what is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: Wow, I'm so sorry to everybody listening to this, because, as Joel knows, is essentially my job to love underrated stuff on the X Ray Vision. I am the only fan of the Marvel's Eternal movie Eternals movie, which I thought was wonder four hard sci fi so and that has been my cross to bed. I am sitting in my Marvel Eternals gaming chat that I bought as a troll on a discount at some point, and it's now just cemented me as the number one Eternals fan. But that's not what I'm going to talk about, because it's actually finally slightly rated because of letterboxed and Disney Plus. I'm going to tell you about the most underrated film franchise that you've never heard of, and it is the Vivica, a Fox produced and starring in twenty seven movie long lifetime franchise called the Wrong Movie Franchise, or as I call it, the Wrong franchise.
Speaker 2: Every single movie is directed by David.
Speaker 3: Decoto, who is a gay aes schlock director who is most known for horror, but has.
Speaker 2: Moved into the TV made for TV movies space.
Speaker 3: He is very well known for a really one of the worst movies ever made that's generally recognized that is called A Talking Cat, which has Eric Roberts voicing a talking cat, and it is like a perennial midnight movie classic. Now it's insane. But the Wrong movies are very simple. They are women in peril, as we call lifetime movies. Nine acts structure, and every single one is called the wrong cheerleader, the wrong real estate agent, the wrong.
Speaker 2: Coach, the wrong cheerleading coach assistant.
Speaker 3: Like they get more and more niche as they go, and they are really fun schlocky b movie is and Vivicar is amazing, and she also owns her own wig company, so she's always got those nice wigs on in the movie, which lifetimes of movies do not often have. But the best part of every movie is about five or six movies in they realized that they were kind of onto a camp classic. So at the end of the movie, when like five people have been murdered by whoever the wrong person is, Vivica like turns around and she goes, I guess you hired the wrong real estate agent. And it is incredible, And they work twenty seven of them and they stop making them about two and a half years ago, but I'm like desperate for them to bring them back because it is I think it is I think lifetime movie.
Speaker 2: This is my pitch, my general underrated Lifetime pitch. It is the contemporary B.
Speaker 3: Movie hub of the world, which that crown may be being taken by Chubby originals now, but it has been for a long time. Like eighty percent of their movies in twenty twenty two were directed and written by women. So it's also a space where the numbers of people they get to make the movies are like so much more.
Speaker 2: Diverse than you would think.
Speaker 3: And it has movie a fox basically like doing a campy bit at the end of every movie. So go and watch them, guys, the Wrong Movie franchise. My dream is to make a podcast called The Wrong Podcast where I just rewatched them all with Vivicar and talk about the master pieces. What.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it looks like they ended on twenty six and twenty seven. The Wrong Life Coach was twenty six exactly the Wrong Obsession, which I don't know that could be anything. I feel like there's plenty more.
Speaker 2: That's too vague.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I's a little vague.
Speaker 2: I have a specscript that I wrote because I was so obsessed with them. That's just the Wrong the Wrong.
Speaker 3: Publisher and she's like a Kathy esque like female cartoonist right doing strip comics, but her editor is like becomes obsessed with her and then tries to steal the comic, and I'm like, guys, you're going as niche as like the wrong real estate agent. I think we can move it into like publishing comics space.
Speaker 5: Like that's they did the wrong They did the wrong cheerleader and the wrong cheer captain, so they're they're willing to cheerleader coach exactly.
Speaker 3: That's multiple Lifetime movies love cheerleaders for something.
Speaker 5: This is my the three thousand dollars Jessica Fletcher question, because Jessica Fletcher is a character, you know, the star Murder she wrote, is a character who it doesn't really she's a mystery writer, but it doesn't really make sense that ninety percent of the people she's ever met get murdered or are involved in a murder. Her town has a cabin cove where she lives. It's just like you, you're going to get murdered. Yes, what is the reason that Vivig a fox within the movies is involved in so many murders?
Speaker 3: They they did learn from the murder she wrote trope, And while they could have made Vivica the same character in every movie, that is not the case, it is not like a shared universe because most people who watch life movies just turn on if Vivica Fox is in it, They're just gonna turn it on. So sometimes she is a main character, I think the real wrong real estate agent. She is the one who gets the real estate agent who becomes obsessed with her.
Speaker 2: But often she might just be like the head teacher of the school.
Speaker 3: Oh so it depends as she goes, and they're always different characters. It is not like Jessica obviously the Murder of Fletcher and I watch that show like religiously. There's a twenty four hour free merch she wrote channel on Roku TV, so that's like one of my ultimate work things. But yeah, her and mid Jessica Fletcher and the guys from Midsummer Murders, Like, if you ever see them, just don't just leave.
Speaker 2: She's the angel of death. Jessica Fletcher is the.
Speaker 5: Angel of death. Wow, what a gig for a Vivi Gay Fox to just be like a character who's there to just turn around and be like, looks like you picked the wrong high school sweetheart exactly. It'sract to do the Horatio from CSI Miami. Yeah, every time and throw the fucking sunglass I would love Yeah, but I'm sure they don't have the budget for the who for these do it sound alike?
Speaker 4: Instead, they got the whoosh Joelle, What is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 7: I feel bad because I'm sure this has been on your series before because it's basic af But I think leaving the house is overrated.
Speaker 2: Agreed, it's good to leave.
Speaker 7: It's good to go outside and touch grass. You want to do that. But sometimes I feel like people are very they're too excited about me. Well, there's so much to know here, I'm like, but I perfectly curated the internal space of my domicile to comfort me, like a womb, so I can rest and reset my physical and mental being. And I just feel like we don't appreciate the protective spaces that we've created. Fire girls stay in the house sometimes, sometimes talk to no one. I just really think alone time by yourself, decompressing is not valued like it should be, and we should course correct.
Speaker 4: I think it depends on how important it is to you. I'm I can't socialize unless I'm alone for a significant period of time.
Speaker 2: Don't we charge the social battery?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Like I'm I'm like an extroverted introvert.
Speaker 4: I guess like people be like WHOA like when you're like you like to talk and you make jokes, I'm like, bro, I have to then go into my fucking Dracula coffin basically and be like, I'm gonna.
Speaker 7: It's a six hour honestly like this energy and then we're done.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's why I love hanging out with Joel and like being besties, because both of us if we're just like I don't have any energy anymore, man, like I'm just out, we'll.
Speaker 4: Be like cool.
Speaker 2: I'm also doing home like this is great.
Speaker 3: I love I'm just gonna I like the capsul of plan just what would just stay in one of our houses and just lay on the sofa there.
Speaker 7: My Rothie once hosted a Hunted sleepover where she got us some great lilies, little popcorn bowls, a plushy which was so love us, little beds, and we like we were just cozy watching horror movies in Twilight Zone and honestly, well see the other day that was like, I can't date man because my girlfriends take me on better dates. And this is exactly what I mean.
Speaker 2: Peak It's so true, like.
Speaker 3: My friend, one of my besties, Annie, she texted me and it was a tweet that someone had done where it was like why can't you like just find a man and settle with the man.
Speaker 2: And it's like because my friends text.
Speaker 3: Me like this, and it's like, oh, the love of my life, the soul that I was meant to have, Like how can I go one day without seeing your face or hearing a voice note?
Speaker 2: Like you light up my life?
Speaker 3: And it's like and you text the dude and it's just like, okay, period, you're awake.
Speaker 4: What's going Yeah, you're getting the hall Drago like love like you.
Speaker 2: Just how girls talk to each other.
Speaker 5: It's fantastic, lovely.
Speaker 4: All right, I think you made your case. I'm leaving my house again. Yes, let's get get the tissue on this out.
Speaker 5: Let's get into some of the reasons that one might never want to leave our house again.
Speaker 3: Right, Alliot, Joel, look at that. Just you're a producer, you could never question it.
Speaker 4: So one of the things, like, as we're watching everything go to complete hell around us, one of the things that I my brain always asks is like is everybody else seeing this like this? This is like this is bad, bad, right, like this where we all think this is bad.
Speaker 5: Turns out not everybody, but Donald Trump's approval not in the greatest place. No, if you're coming in being like I'm the most popular president of all time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he has a current approval rating of forty percent after one hundred days. That puts him at the lowest ever since the era of pulling, only second to Donald Trump in twenty.
Speaker 2: Second keeping himself company down there.
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly. You know, you gotta you gotta stay sharp, baby, you know what I mean. You've got to always gotta push yourself. You gotta push the deal. Yeah exactly. And I think like, yeah, to your point, Jack, You're like, ah, because usually, like the republic like the Republican base, when you pull them, they're like, no, I love everything, and this is rain and this is how.
Speaker 5: It's supposed to be. It's not. The things are trending downward in a consistent way.
Speaker 4: Now. Granted, more Republicans obviously approve of what Trump is doing than not, but only by about like, like.
Speaker 5: There's a solid thirty three percent of Republicans are like, no, it is do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh, he was gonna make the other countries pay for the tariffs. Yeah, they ever have impacted me.
Speaker 5: I thought he was gonna take away the bad immigrants. I was a good one because I got in.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 4: So the place is where he's really just truly fucking up in the eyes of the American public, obviously, is around inflation and tariffs. That was about only thirty three percent approval rating there. And I think most people who understand that, you know, we toil under capitalism with the promise of maybe retirement based on our stock market gambled retirement funds that we get, they saw those take a hit and are like, what in the fuck happened here? Like that was just I think just so tangible for people in a way that you couldn't just culture war that away. That he's definitely hurting there. Then on the economy, uh, just overall record low, record low approval rating on the economy thirty eight percent. This is these are all coming from a Fox News poll. Okay, like this is as friendly as you're gonna get in terms of like Trump polling. Then without look like so seventy one percent of respond and said that they rated the economic conditions negatively. Fifty five percent said that conditions were worsening for their families. That's yeah, those aren't great. The one place that polling is above fifty percent for Trump rising, yeah, is on kidnapping, I mean immigration, but even those but even those numbers are trending downwards. Like you can see, it's way different than February to now because now more people are seeing the methodology and they're like, what the fuck is like?
Speaker 5: This all end teering is just horror stories and just disappearing disappearing people with you know, no regard for due process or you know, their status. Seems to not be the winning combination that he thought it was. A Naturally, Trump responded to this pull on his favorite about his favorite TV show with anger.
Speaker 4: He said, Rupert Murdoch has told me for years that he is going to get rid of his Fox News Trump hating fake polster, but he has never done so. Pols.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this polster has gotten me and Maga wrong for years.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, okay, takeaway truth social That's just like I think he's funny and I like his like catty like slights, but also like he just doesn't need to be just put a press.
Speaker 2: Release ber like no more truth, so show no more responses.
Speaker 5: He only.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he only speaks in ship posts unfortunately, so that's he's fluent.
Speaker 5: That to the people.
Speaker 7: Get right in there.
Speaker 4: But I mean, like when you put this against the backdrop of all the l's that he, like Trump has taken in the court of public opinion and in the literal courts, Like already a judge knocked back the sanctuary city funding band that Trump was trying to enact, said he has to bring another person back from El Salvador, like just in like the last hour. You know, then you have Musk been an utter failure, a total fuck up. The courts keep ruling against him. He's angered his own base with the tariffs, measles is well and truly bash and he couldn't even pretend he had the nerve to really even start a trade war with China and obviously the Russian thing, which we'll get to in a second. But yeah, I mean, we're seeing like sort of the same Trump in terms of like his personality and what his level of commitment to like fucking things up.
Speaker 7: Get lucky. He could just be like, I don't want to do this anymore and just quit.
Speaker 4: I've been waiting for that.
Speaker 5: His kids have been like hinting at that since he ran, They're like, you.
Speaker 4: Need to do this.
Speaker 5: You rich.
Speaker 3: He did just pump and dump like the entire American economy. So hopefully he's made enough money in that that he could kind of back up to you, because like, I just feel like there's only going to be so much money you can rinse from this bro before something happens. So I'm like, just speed it up, and like Joel said, let's just you can go live in mari A Lago or whatever and just leave.
Speaker 7: Yes, oh yeah, golf till you're dead, buddy, Just leave me the golf till you're dead.
Speaker 4: I mean to your heart's content.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, your heart stop beating. I mean, so your heart's content.
Speaker 4: Your heart can't take it anything, because yeah, just so filled with love. I mean I feel like you could almost feed him to death like a goldfish like that. Not that I'm anything.
Speaker 2: Are you advocating for the killing?
Speaker 4: Never I'm saying that that could theoretically happen, like someone cruel, but yeah, sure he has too many like dietitians around him just being like, sorry, sir, that is the seventy fifth diet coke of the day and live it. But come on, contract.
Speaker 7: You need one cup of water for every five sodas. Come on, I don't like.
Speaker 5: Shot glasses of water, Like you just gotta cram that ship.
Speaker 2: Very dehydrateed.
Speaker 5: Desicated.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 5: Cruelty to poor people and people in other countries. Has always been a lagging indicate, Like I feel like Americans just having lived through the George W. Bush administration, like that that was the thing that we were like, how are people still on this ship? And then pretty swiftly it takes like a good year and then people start being like this guy seems like a fucking idiot and he's like also really cruel to everybody and killing everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I like America just loves to do that.
Speaker 3: Like the fact that gwan Tamana Bay never got shut down even off everything that happened is exactly what you're talking about, is like there's some kind of lagging understanding of like other people's humanity.
Speaker 4: It's just this it's the unfortunate privilege of being so insulated in America that it's it's completely abstract to people, and it's only until what happened to my four oh one k yes exactly, people are like, oh so now that you got touched.
Speaker 5: Yes you have.
Speaker 4: Now you're waking up because you didn't have the mental capacity to forecast any of this, probably because you didn't give a fuck, but now you are forced to. And now you're like, well, who'd I get angry at? Yeah, you're fucking guy, bro, Like I just saw someone posted like a Facebook post or some Trump supports like sir, I bought a handcrafted guitar from the UK and was asked to pay sixteen hundred dollars of tariffs on this. I do not understand as a veteran why I should pay when I'm purchasing an item from a luthier in the UK from an ally, Sir, I will be protesting. I am with you, but this cannot say it. It's like, hey, dumb, fuck, this is this was always the fucking.
Speaker 3: Liah like every this is the The tariff thing is like kind of pushing me over the edge. Because many times you can say that people were not well informed, they didn't have the right research, they didn't have the right information. There are many reasons people vote different ways. I'm not here to judge them as someone who has a green card and cannot vote, but the tariff thing is killing me because actually I saw every single day, from podcasters to news anchors to random people just having conversations in coffee shops explaining to people that you will be paying the tariff like in this time, I'm like, this is this is the one where there's no plausible deniability. People are coming to you and saying, hey, that's not how tariffs work. Don't listen to him.
Speaker 2: Even some Republicans you know, like it. And I'm just like, guys, this is the thing, Like you did it.
Speaker 3: You were so sure that everyone else was just lying to you, and only Donald Trump was telling you the truth, right, Like I'm sorry, like pay those tariffs, cause you fucking should have listened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this, I mean the thing with all especially what's happening now, I mean, it's different than twenty seventeen, and that like they had a lot of time to warm up for what they were gonna do the second they got in office and knew exactly what sort of you know, support systems they wanted to kick out immediately. But then they also brought into this administration the mentality of the previous one, where they believed that some issues just American people weren't paying attention to and didn't care about, and they're like, it's gonna be fine, like we'll be able to do all this shit. They won't even fucking notice. But this is a completely different version now and now they're having like the shock of being like they wait, they normally didn't care about this kind of stuff, Like they just like the economy or whatever. They just like the concept of it rather than how the methodology on how we improve it or not. But yeah, this is I do see. I do see an opportunity for a classic Trump grift on his base, like where he's gonna fully walk back to tariffs and potentially stave off some kind of catastrophic recession, yeah, and then claim victory deal yeah, and be like and I saved everybody's money.
Speaker 5: You can thank me. That's why I need four more years.
Speaker 4: It's like, but you are the cause of it all to write. We'll see how quick the memory fades. It's gonna be interesting.
Speaker 5: To see if because the like the New York Times and a lot of mainstream outlets have been like granting him wins where there are none, like when he's like Trump gets Trump gets a concession from Mexico and like agrees to pull back tariffs. It's like, no, they just said that they were going to give him a thing. They had already said they were going to give it him like a month ago, but it allowed him to claim victory. I wonder if they'll do that again with China, because China is pretending like China is just like, we're not even talking to this.
Speaker 7: China said out with Korea and Japan and they were like.
Speaker 2: To get the three of them together.
Speaker 4: They do not usually get along.
Speaker 2: No, And I understand because he can unite people in it.
Speaker 3: But I think that Miles, you you struck on the true annoying, most annoying thing as an observer about Trump's like art of the Deal, and many people have noticed this, but I'm going to coin it in losing nerd terms.
Speaker 2: Joel knows one of my most hated.
Speaker 3: Things is what I call walking dead storytelling, and it's when the TV show would take five episodes to solve something that could have been solved in a conversation in the first episode where you start the story, and that is Trump's art of the Deal.
Speaker 2: He's like, he focks it up.
Speaker 3: He does something that really like honestly ruins people's lives. Whether it's this horrific deportation or anything else, like, and then he comes back and gets a slightly worse deal than what happened, you know, five hypothetical episodes ago, five months ago.
Speaker 2: And then he's like, look at me, I saved the day.
Speaker 3: It's like no, sn Like, you are the one who's started us on this path of destruction and now we have a worse deal than we had before.
Speaker 5: But he gets to say that he did deals, so that's cool. He's president Deals, so deals president.
Speaker 4: He's also.
Speaker 5: I mean, the one thing that I think nobody can deny is this guy is tough when it comes to international stuff. I mean, the way he is having to beg Putin and say pretty please on Twitter is so tough that the I feel like that could end up being like one of the ways that his whole stance of like I'm the only one who can fix this. Only my conventional wisdom is right. Every other thing anybody has said is wrong. Is like his approach to Putin being like yeah, yeah, like we're on Putin's side, We'll give him whatever he wants. Like that that is so obviously wrong for so many reasons, like Putin is an autocrat and you know, militarily is just looking to you know, conquest. He's like, you know, we've seen this before throughout history, and the thing that works is not going out of your way to appease that person. Like appeasement was a strategy before World War two and it is not looked upon kindly.
Speaker 4: And just like yeah, I don't know this last thing.
Speaker 5: Where as they're trying to do peace talks, Russia struck Kiev with like the biggest attack in like almost a year, and he's like, hey, Vladimir stop, likely.
Speaker 4: On social apparently he's not taking his calls because he on tru socials, Vladimir comma, all caps stop. Five thousand soldiers a week are dying. Let's get the piece deal done.
Speaker 7: Just I don't know, imnin like talking to a bond villain like that, Like yeah, like he's literally about like I don't know if guy's just seen his house in the mountains. It's like a how do you describe this? It looks like a brutalist architect designed like a villains layer. It's over seeing a giant forest, it's isolated on top of a mountain. It's all white. It's very crazy. I think it's kind of interesting to me, like Trump is like the popular girl at school, you know, like he thinks he's on top, and now like he's trying to figure out how to talk to this guy to get him to listen. It's insane to me because Putin's never listened to anybody in his entire existence, and the fact that he thinks he can maneuver. And I think I've been reading a lot about narcissis lately. Yeah, and I one of the things that people think you're like, the narcis are not trying to be cruel. They believe their delusion, right, And to think.
Speaker 5: You has been reading a lot about narcissists Vladimir putinien literally yeah, yeah, just tell him he's right, dude, He'll fucking do anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's and I think that's.
Speaker 3: The wildest thing is that we have gotten into a situation where there is almost like too much transparency, like we want the fake version of this, where it seems like there is some kind of safety net around the idea of who the president is and things the president can and can't do, which I have learned since moving here in twenty seventeen is essentially a.
Speaker 2: Trust based system with like no laws and it just depends what the person.
Speaker 3: Wants to do, which sadly, for Democrats is usually nothing, and for Republicans has like become an authoritarian government. But it's like the mechanics and the machine are no longer their pretending. Like Trump has sent a strongly worded letter to Putin and he called him and told him, don't do that, you know, instead, it's just waiting. He's he's on his own weird Twitter jupe, sounding.
Speaker 5: Like you know, a baby brother.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and also like who believes that that's going to make Vladimir Putin stop?
Speaker 5: Like a his frothero is.
Speaker 3: I want to know what the support rating is, like his polling numbers are specifically for like do his followers actually think when he posts that that he seems like a cool, big tough man or does he just seem like the little baby brother like stop.
Speaker 5: Well, I think some people are like, he's trying to be tough man. I read that as Vladimir stopped, you know, and that's how I that's how I read. That's the that's the ambiguity about text.
Speaker 4: You know, you can you can put any kind of meaning on top of it, but yeah, there's like to your point, he does have this thing where he's constantly having a reckoning with reality versus what his own expectation is of how people are going to receive him. And like even with in regards to like Zelensky and making a deal, he's like, Okay, so let's make a deal. You're gonna get fuck off. You're gonna seed all this territory to Russia and you can't join NATO, and you'll give us all of your rare earth minerals. How does that sound? And he's like no, And now suddenly he's.
Speaker 7: Like, fuck, John's got to watch and or there's some good messages in there for him, like power doesn't panic, like the main lesson for season one, there's some good lessons in there for season two for him.
Speaker 5: They will watch and they'll be like, you know what I learned from And or.
Speaker 2: The Imperial government seems great?
Speaker 3: Yeah, ultimate power, ultimate control looking good, and those those scorn pursuits beautiful, fairly, nicely just.
Speaker 7: They would be a win if it made Republicans as a whole look better, at.
Speaker 2: Least killing us make them look nice.
Speaker 4: Let's take a quick break and we'll come back.
Speaker 5: And we're back, and man, it just got a lot harder to be in the Academy. I'll tell you what, I'm not interested anymore. Sorry, I wouldn't wish this job on my worst enemy.
Speaker 4: These people.
Speaker 5: So, the Academy of Motion Pictures, Arts and Sciences have updated their rules for next year's Oscars, including a bold new requirement. Buyers need to watch the movies they're voted, all of them. Yeah, like that's the crazy.
Speaker 4: The Academy's app will track members viewing to ensure they've watched all the nominees, and if they saw it somewhere else, they have to like say where they saw it?
Speaker 3: Is the film gonna be like you got to get it notarized by someone at the site?
Speaker 2: Are you named to be?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 2: They really did watch this movie? They didn't walk out halfway?
Speaker 4: I thought it on like Friday at the AMC. I think.
Speaker 7: Collect which which one sits are digitized? If you're going to a festival, you got your digitized tickets and go to the AMC. Trust me, you're an AMC subs member for part of the Academy. Okay, you got you got it right there, so you're on your phone, you can pull it up at any time. There's it's never been easier, and then you just sign in when you go to your Academy screenings.
Speaker 4: This is so long.
Speaker 7: It's egregious to allow people to vote without having seen all of the.
Speaker 5: Rosie Rose.
Speaker 4: You're from the UK, I mean, do they they have the voters for the BAFTAs do such an ubsurd impossible mind.
Speaker 3: You may be so onerous, you may be shocked to know that BAFTA has actually been doing it. I couldn't imagine Rosie which I actually think there is something really interesting for somebody more data minded than me. I'm a vibe guy, you know. I like, I know, like what came book issue someone arrived in, But I'm not good at maths or data. But I think there probably is a very interesting data based piece out there or exploration of what the differences in the BAFTA and the Oscars have been over that last few years where bactor was actually having to watch every movie because sometimes there are some big sea changes at the Bactors when a movie will suddenly take like ten awards but then doesn't do anything at the Oscars.
Speaker 2: And I wonder how much that correlates with the fact that people just weren't watching the movies, which I think is very obvious.
Speaker 3: With pretty much every year of the Oscars is like there will be something where you're just like, how did that get in?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: Why is that? What one?
Speaker 2: Why was it?
Speaker 5: Exactly?
Speaker 7: They stic I succumb to all the billboards on.
Speaker 5: Sunset, Dude.
Speaker 2: I think about those billboards all the time.
Speaker 3: It must be so weird as like an LA lifer, because when I passed them, I'm always like, oh, yeah, this is just for the execs, right people, so that sixty people will say, ah, they're spending my money, like this is where the money goes. It's on this giant billboard. And it's completely wild because you end up kind of they live style seeing through what at first is like a very glamorous, glittery experience of like, oh, for your consideration, for your consideration, Wow, Like they're really pushing this actor I love.
Speaker 2: But actually ninety of.
Speaker 3: The people who are voting for the Oscars are probably like not even going to notice that billboard.
Speaker 2: You know, they're going to say over here, look over here.
Speaker 5: The billboards just start directly addressing them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't fire the guy, don't fire the people who who's dreamlesses.
Speaker 2: It's a miracle, don't do.
Speaker 4: We're watching fleabag.
Speaker 5: We're watching fleabag over avert your eyes, avert your eyes.
Speaker 4: The Yeah.
Speaker 5: For people who aren't from l A, there are just like a next level billboard campaigns, like we're really like well design aggressive. Like there there will be like you know, a billboard with like things popping off of it and.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, the nine one one billboard this by Lax where it has the people it has like Mannequin's coming out of a three D roller coaster. That show thoughted like eight years ago. Guys like why, I'm happy it's still there. But like that's the level of dedication they have.
Speaker 5: And then'll be like continued on another billboard like across the street, right, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 7: Surprised more accidents don't happen over there. They're very like I catching and huge and sometimes not subtle. In the text to part, you're just like this, so what am I looking at? Really bright is hell? If you've ever driven down since it, guys, you like Grand Theft auto, yes, yes, and you have those like really horny billboards In the main part that's it's exactly right, it's exactly that vibe.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think the other thing is like Angelino's like we we've just we're just numb to them because.
Speaker 5: Blindness.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a fucking bunch of bullshit on the street and I don't give a fuck. I'm trying to get to my job, Like fuck all this.
Speaker 3: I definitely like feel that, especially about the area of Sunset where there's like a where the Rainbow lounges and where all of those spots are, because there is now basically a permanent almost a block where Netflix will always do the most insane adverts.
Speaker 2: So whenever I'm over there for work.
Speaker 3: It's like the stranger things like scary Monster and there's like smoke coming out of it. And when Millie Bobby Brown was in a movie called Damsel that nobody watched, there's like a giant Milli Bobby Brown with the sword and I'm like, guys, it's just like a photo op. Like is this where you're spending our extra money every month? Like I don't think you need it, my friends, how about you just watch just make people watch the thing.
Speaker 2: You know as well, a lot of.
Speaker 3: People in the Academy, because it's the most prestigious they are getting like crazy swag. They are getting really beautiful for your consideration, DVD box sets that have like every A twenty four or Neon movie that was released that year, and then you just don't watch it, Like come on, man, they're giving you physical media.
Speaker 2: Like please just watch watch the Blood Shelf.
Speaker 4: It's nice.
Speaker 3: Maybe one day streaming will be over and you'll be wishing that you had the ari Asta Triple Bill box set or whatever they said people in it. But yeah, I mean, I think many people on the Internet were rightfully shocked about this, that this wasn't already like the only job you had?
Speaker 5: Are you?
Speaker 4: Do you? I mean, I know, like the logic would say, well, this will only help voting become more efficient. The other part of me, know is like people with any shred of privilege will do anything that like according to the way they want to do it. So I can also see other people starting to fake like being like.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I saw that, Kevin, and honestly I was saying this before we started, but like, honestly, like do that then, like the real reason they had at least here, like the big reason in my opinion, just from like what I've seen and the way this stuff is reported on last year a lot of the trade kind of anonymous voting pools that they do where the voters say a bunch of bitchy stuff and everyone reads it and it's like, wow, why are you allowed to vote in this? And but a lot of them last year, multiple ones were people saying they hadn't watched every movie. I didn't watch this because I don't like it. I didn't watch this because it hasn't Oh, I didn't watch you know, Conclave because Ray Fines already has an oscar. I didn't watch you know, The Brutalist because Adrian Brody already has an oscar. He'd actually only just been nominated. And then when then you saw what happened, so don't vote him again. But like, yeah, it's it's very funny that I think they were too honest, And I think that everyone online and in the thing was like, wait a minute, you're telling me like the reason in Nora one is just because you guys didn't watch the other movies.
Speaker 2: Like that seems insane. Did you even watch Anura if you voted for it?
Speaker 3: Maybe not?
Speaker 2: So I think this is a good idea.
Speaker 3: I saw a bit where she's like dancing in the boys apartment.
Speaker 2: You know, I just skipped that and then just everything.
Speaker 7: Else that trailer was fired.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm like, I'm like, just.
Speaker 3: Lie, like if you don't want to do it, just lie, and and that you could have avoided all of this because I have used multiple and Joelle, I know you've been through this too, multiple badly positioned IP streaming services where they want to take your data as a viewer, as a journalist, and they'll add an app to your Vocal TV and then you stream through there. This reminds me of that one south By Southwest did a few years ago, and it was so janky. It was just always full of glitches. It was so hard to watch the movies. And I do not believe that the Academy is going to have a better working one. So I think we're going to see a lot of complaints about the app. And I did watch it and it didn't say it would work, and blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 7: Is doing it through an app.
Speaker 3: There is an app that basically works like how on Netflix preview content works, so they can see if you've watched the whole movie.
Speaker 7: I know the Academy call Apple TV. They have the best one. It's fluid, there are never any issues. Whatever they're doing.
Speaker 4: You do that too, so Pa, No, that's what Like for the Hollywood Forum Press, they were given Apple TV units. Yeah, I like sort of this proprietary software on it to be like all right, okay, you don't want to go to the street, like especially during the pandemic and like the height of the lockdowns, they weren't. They weren't, like physical media had kind of ceased, and like, okay, just do everything through this Apple TV and there you go.
Speaker 5: Watch it.
Speaker 4: It was so simple.
Speaker 5: It's really like the people in the Academy are going to find a way to make this a free speech issue.
Speaker 4: We shouldn't have to do this.
Speaker 5: We shouldn't have to watch a movie speech.
Speaker 4: You're violating my free if I won't consider a Democrat for president.
Speaker 7: And I always do not have to be a member of the Academy. You can go on with your life and do something.
Speaker 3: Exactly I watched last year. I watched five bunch of movies that I logged on my box, like I could do it. I'll watch them all.
Speaker 7: Let me letter box community as Oscar voters for two years. Let's just see what happens.
Speaker 3: It be great.
Speaker 4: At least that would be cool if they were like using letterbox as like the Miners, where they're like just trying for talent, that I give them a check mark.
Speaker 3: I would also say as well, like this, Yeah, this speaks to another problem, which is the struggle between like the idea of like a popular cinema and what the OSCAR celebrates. And I would I think that this could lead to us having more blockbuster accessible movies being recognized because I think that for a lot of these Academy members, especially the older ones who weren't brought in in the last few years, they would probably actually more enjoy watching like an action blockbuster than they were watching a lot of these movies, especially if they haven't been watching them. So I'm interested to see if that if this kind of weirdly like opens a door.
Speaker 7: And casting answer stunts, that makes it exactly.
Speaker 5: I wonder if they're if we'll also see no more three hour long movies. They're like, fuck that, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I actually think suddenly ninety minute movies, two hour long movies. Sinners should be the front runner for everything this year, especially with cinematography with stunt work.
Speaker 2: It could really be that that movie.
Speaker 4: Before the package for stunt work, you know, like the thing in the broadcast where they show like how the best stunts were done.
Speaker 5: Did you feel like that could be really cool?
Speaker 2: Did you watch the Oscars last year?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, so do you remember basically the they had a package like that that had been part of the promotional kind of push for the Fall Guy or Fall Guy.
Speaker 2: I think it was cool.
Speaker 3: Okay, Ryan, the Ryan Gosling Emily Blunt movie, and basically the entire aim of them making that movie was to get a stunt oscar recognition, So they kind of did a package and it was super super cool and everyone was just like why are we not already giving the award like so many movies. So I think that could be really sick, especially if they get like, you know, you know, Tom Cruise is going to be trying to get like that mission impossible shit on that. So who knows, maybe Tom christ shaped like me, Yeah, He's gonna like parachute.
Speaker 2: Into the Oscars or something like I'm here for it, like let the stunts roll.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And for casting, I think they should have to say who was also being considered who the studio is trying to get them to cast in the role. When they cast and when they like especially if yeah, just like have the worst possible person in the role, like to do a scene, be like you see how bad this shit could have been? Yep. Anyways, Rosie Joel, such a pleasure having you both on the daily Zeitgeist Rosie, where can people find you? Follow you, hear you all that good stuff?
Speaker 3: We me and Joel do make a very fun podcast with my co host Jason Concepcion and are incredible other super producers Aboo Aaron.
Speaker 2: In Common and we are on iHeartRadio four times a week.
Speaker 3: So if you didn't think you got enough of me yapping great news, you can hear a lot more yapping.
Speaker 2: That's really fun.
Speaker 3: It's every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday where we do a news episode, so you can listen to that. I am at Rosie Marx m r X on letterbox and Instagram and all those other things, but I don't really use the other ones.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it was so great to be on here. Thank you so much for having us, guys, And.
Speaker 5: Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying? It can be social media or show.
Speaker 2: I well, I have.
Speaker 3: I am a perennial murder, she wrote rewatcher. As we mentioned, but I have been really enjoying the JD bands Killed the Pope memes. That's been like getting me through, Like I definitely I had a really one of the one where it's like the hieronymous post like painting of the devil, like shaking hands with you know, a religious figure, and then you have the same image from the White House pool of JD. I loved the just killed a Pope like that's what JD stands for. A big fan of all of that. So yeah, those those those memes have been keeping me going.
Speaker 2: I'm a meme lover, just killed just killed Pope?
Speaker 5: Name amazing, Joelle. Where can people find you? Is there a working media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've been Joel. Why can you find me out of the internet at Joe Monique that's j O E. L E em Olyn, I Q you E. I have two one. Larry David wrote a New York Times satirical piece called My Dinner with Hitler, sort of taking on Bill Maher having dinner with Trump. It is hysterical and delightful. Shout out Larry David for being a real one is real. It's so great and then just what I highly encourage everyone to check out and or it is as what did Jason call it?
Speaker 2: Like how how how to build a resistance?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 2: How to build a rebellion?
Speaker 7: Yeahm hmm, yeah, it's it's j guinely touching in ways I could not have fathomed. And it is significantly better than the first season, which I thought was great, Like this is truly to me, this is the best season of television since The Watchmen. And I take that like it's it's seriously, it's.
Speaker 3: Great, unbelievable, and it's definitely one of those shows too where like just timing wise means that they couldn't have been trying to predict stuff, but it feels extremely prescient when you do watch it.
Speaker 7: It absolutely feels like a letter to you about getting your shit together right now. It's like, there's no time, there's no time to play this gig, get shit together right now. It's brilliant and beautiful, and it's truly start a fear of Star Wars die hard, Like I am h this really gets to the heart of what makes Star Wars great. And yet it's elevated to like a BBC Masterclass level of television. It's brilliant. I really enjoy it, so I'm trying to get everyone to watch it. My insider pro advice is wait till Friday when you can watch all episodes back to back. There's three episodes. You can watch them separately. It is still structured like television, but it's so much better when you're watching these like a full movie. So that was my tips. Go check out Andrey Damn.
Speaker 4: That's is coming from Joel Mooney. Miles, where can people find you as their Workamedia, you've been enjoying? Yeah, everywhere They got at Symbols at Miles of Gray. The basketball pod is Miles and Jack Got Mad Boosts. The ninety day Fiance pod is called four to twenty Day Fiance.
Speaker 5: Check me out.
Speaker 4: There a couple posts I like from Blue Sky at Lauren dot Rotating Sandwiches dot com posted work is giving us a Chick fil A breakfast buffet and a Ben and Jerry's ice cream social today and what I'm calling the most successful political both sidesing of all time. That's pretty funny. And then at Kendra Rights dot com on Blue Sky posted this video from TikTok of police harassing a guy in Massa clearly in Massachusetts based on the person who is filming this h The caption on the video says, I start, I did a reverse neighborhood watch program. Basically, he's observing the police and this interaction is just it's just made all the better because of this guy's very distinct Massachusetts Boston accent.
Speaker 3: It doesn't look like anything you're allowed to drive.
Speaker 5: Oh sorry, so in this video I should describe it.
Speaker 4: This is a this is an audio medium's This guy's across the street filming like three cops hemming up some guy like outside of a car and just stopping him. We don't know the reason why. But again, this is where the man starts yelling at the cops to leave him alone. It doesn't look like anything.
Speaker 5: You're allowed to drive wherever you want.
Speaker 4: It's America. It's America.
Speaker 2: It's America.
Speaker 4: They're just racist.
Speaker 2: It's okay, they're just racist.
Speaker 5: You're not allowed to drive around with it.
Speaker 4: But if you're a minority, good.
Speaker 3: Man, how you doing you guys still protecting pedophiles like phaiy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there you go, have a great day. Fuck you.
Speaker 4: Baby, he said, and he said he was referencing like in the video, a pop up comes up about a lieutenant from their police department that was charged with like child child sex abuse, and that's then the guy says, why don't you go back to your house?
Speaker 5: As he goes, yeah, fuck you don't want don't you go back?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Fuck you A dollar five?
Speaker 5: Pa Well told Ruth Willie h Yeah, shut out, Adam, it's all washed.
Speaker 4: Tweet. I liked limp britskit at Britty Nigs tweeted, Honey, mommy needs you to lock in lock in for mommy. Please lock.
Speaker 5: In, lock in for mommy.
Speaker 4: You can find me on Twitter at jack Underscore O'Brien. You can find me on Blue Sky at jack Obi the number one you can find.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sorry, that came out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: It was exciting. Yeah, this is I'm saying. This is like the off the party.
Speaker 4: Then you can find us on Twitter and Blue Sky at daily Zeit. Guys, we're at the Daily zeite Geist. On Instagram. You can go to the description of this episode wherever you're listening to it, and there you will find the footnote.
Speaker 5: Which is where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. We also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy. Hey, Miles, is there a song that you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 4: Yeah? That song that arrently played is a banger. It's by the producer Songo. That's called Old Cotton Eval. But that's that's not the song I'm going to write out of them, But if you're interested that he put out a whole album of like Latin trap beats, like there's a Mexican one, a Puerto Rican one, a Brazilian one, like a Dominican one. There it's a it's a it's a fantastic e beat and you can support him by getting that on band. How's that song go? Which? Like this? Oh, that was just a fun play. It was just a really fun play on the Oh. There's nothing more humiliating than to get got like that when I really missed, like sincerely misunderstood what you said and only.
Speaker 5: Print to be Papa joke, Papa joke.
Speaker 4: But the track I do want to go out on just an old just a classic DOCI track, persuasive.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 4: It's if you're not look. People need to get people need to get familiar with DOCI. We've gone out of a couple tracks by DOCI, but this is this is from twenty twenty two. This is a banger called Persuasive. You even get Latin like part way through it. It's look this is Friday. Okay, get persuasive. This is a do d O E C HI. I go ahead, enjoy your weekend, all right.
Speaker 5: We will link off to that in the foot note for dailies like Guys is a production of by Heart Radio. For more podcasts, my Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast.
Speaker 4: Or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's gonna do it for us. This week. We're back over the weekend with the weekly Esgeist, which is a highlight reel of some of the best moments from this week's episodes if you missed any and we'll be back on Monday to tell you what was trending over the weekend and Monday morning and we will talk to you all then. Bye bye, bye, ollell.
Speaker 5: The daily Zeite Guys is executive produced by Catherine Law.
Speaker 4: Co produced by Bee Wag, co produced by Victor Wright
Speaker 5: Edited and engineered by Justin Conner.