Speaker 1: Attention all Australians. Tickets for Therapy Gecko Live are finally available in cities all over your beautiful country. I am going this summer to Perth, Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide and a nice little stop in Auckland, New Zealand. Tickets for these shows are selling fast, so you can get them now at therapy geckotour dot com. And in honor of my excitement for these Australia shows, I have created an episode where I talk exclusively to Australian callers except for one call at the end where I don't And also I only talk to three people, so I'm really just talking to two Australians. But god damn it, it's the Australia episode. Nonetheless, if you live in Australia, I would love to see you down Under at these Gecko shows, and you can go to therapy geckotour dot com to get tickets to all the cities that I mentioned above. All right, let's get into the episode.
Speaker 2: Aw from.
Speaker 1: John you Hello, Hello, how are you get Where are you? Are you at the top of a mountain or something?
Speaker 3: Let me close our window. I'm driving in Perth in Australia.
Speaker 1: Okay, can you take me off of I Can you pull over please? I can't talk to you while you're driving. I don't want to be an accomplished to whatever car accident you will inevitably, inevitably get into. All Right, what's up man? You're driving in Perth?
Speaker 3: You said, yeah, I'm driving in Perth.
Speaker 1: Ye, what's going on in Perth? I'm going to Perth soon? What sweat should I know before I go?
Speaker 3: You should know that you've got to come soon. We're desperate. Do you have your out here?
Speaker 1: Hell? Yeah, I'm I'm excited. What's and you guys are like I've You guys are on the opposite side of most of the other, like big Australian places.
Speaker 3: Correct, exactly. We get left out too often.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you who's the last like person you saw? Whether it's like a band or a comedian or whatever it is. What's the last like show you saw that came to Perth?
Speaker 3: Uh? Well, we just had a concert or a big event called Groove in the Move to a big concert two days ago Groove in the Move.
Speaker 1: Okay, did you what kind of music was it?
Speaker 3: A few different bands? So you had you had some yeah, some different different music. Hey, electric music, indie music. You know what indie music is?
Speaker 1: H yesh yeah, I've heard of indie music.
Speaker 3: Yeap beautifully. And then after the after the festival, we went home blaze don't what's some what's some gag on the couch?
Speaker 1: Watch the gag on the couch? I like that? What do you are you with somebody?
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 1: It sounds like you're not alone?
Speaker 3: Now we're in a car driving back. There's a few of us.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, what's up?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: Who? So? What? What what are your what's are you guys? Homies? Are you in love? What's the deal?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're in love totally.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, how do you guys know each other?
Speaker 6: I'm best man with his cousins and we only met this weekend.
Speaker 1: Properly, you just met this weekend and you're already in love.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's worth the h That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Man, that's awesome. I'm excited. This would be cool. I had so, I mean, I go to Perth and I have like a couple extra days. Well, just I set it. I intentionally set it up so that I could like, uh, you know, kind of screw around each each city. That I go to in Australia and have enough time to like actually hang out and do some stuff because I've never been there before. What's like the what's the thing to do in Perth?
Speaker 6: Beaches and road trips?
Speaker 1: Oh wait, so by now when you say road trips, are you saying the thing to do in Perth is to leave Perth?
Speaker 3: Yes? Exactly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's like so much pretty stuff all around Perth.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you guys? And here's the thing. Australia is so like Melbourne as they say, and Brisbane as they say, and Sydney are all on the east side of Australia and uh per and then it's like Perth is on the west side and in the middle is like the outback, which is like fucking crazy kangaroo crocodile hunter people live right right the bush.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, yeah bush.
Speaker 1: So there's so so Australia is already pretty isolated, and then Perth is like isolated from the isolation. So are you guys just going crazy over there now? I'm head, Okay, what do you do for fun?
Speaker 6: Beaches in road trips?
Speaker 1: Okay? I like that, you guys have I feel like, you know, for a second, I thought it was too good to be true that you guys met in a weekend and are already best friends. But if you're in such an isolated part of of of the world, I could see you. You know, whenever you come into contact with another human being who's you know, has some sense of a of a functioning brain, why would you not want to be their best friend? There's such a limited uh, you know, such limited options out there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh you like that, Like if you share a biah, you're already best friends. That's just how it works.
Speaker 1: I like that. Man, what's you guys said? You you smoked up after this or you're high right now, or you were.
Speaker 6: When we we we went to the festival and then when we got back, we we like smoked up outside and then came and sat in the couches and watched the episode with you.
Speaker 3: And Denzel code because Denzel was at the festival and Denzil was at the festival.
Speaker 1: Oh cool, cool, cool cool? Is weed legal in Australia? What's the deal with that?
Speaker 6: No, No, it's not okay. They don't like if they caught you with it, But if you had hate, they'd probably like, like you'd probably get like maybe jail time if you had lots. But if you just have enough that it's just like you smoking, they'll just give you a slap on the wrist.
Speaker 3: It's when you've got intention to sell, then yeah, you get in big trouble.
Speaker 1: What kind of tell me about your drug dealer, because I I'm just imagining like this Perthesian drug dealer guy to be an insane human being, and I want to know more about him.
Speaker 6: Most of the time it's like, oh yeah, my mate little sister knows the guy, and that's how we get all of our drugs. It's like, never ever really that shady.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, hmm. So you two are friends. You just met from your cousin. Where are you driving to right now?
Speaker 5: Going back home?
Speaker 6: So we were what to two and a bit hours down south of Perth in this little city called Bumbry and we're driving back north to Perth as respect. Yeah, we're to pit stop at a at a civil station.
Speaker 1: Now what were you doing in Bumbry?
Speaker 6: That was where the festival was?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, all right, did you guys get did you do anything crazy? Did your role face, did your candy flip anything gnarly like that?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: Nah. Like, probably the most gnarly thing was the Denzel Marsh That was pretty wild.
Speaker 1: Okay you guys, you guys are Marsh. Wait so you guys met? Like, did you guys go? You two just went? It was just you guys.
Speaker 3: Oh no, there was.
Speaker 6: Like, what ten of us?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, ten, twelve of us?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I don't even I don't think I have ten friends. No, that's not true.
Speaker 3: Friend you when you come to Perth, can we be your two gods?
Speaker 1: Dude? If you could, please, man, please I if you can bring all ten of those people, that'd be great because I don't know who the hell lives in Perth that listens to this, but I'm I'm excited to meet them.
Speaker 6: Yeahs done?
Speaker 3: How do we organize it?
Speaker 1: Well? Shit, I'll be I mean, i'll be in. I don't know when exactly I'll be there, but keep keep an eye out on the on the fucking did you subscide? This is and I'm just plugging myself, but did you subscribe to that? I have to like, it's so funny because I have to just like I have to, like, one by one convince because there's I don't know how many people live in Perth that listen to this thing. So I have to one by one be like, hey, did you go to the website and sign up to make sure you know what? I'll be there.
Speaker 3: Where all signed up? Every single one of us.
Speaker 1: Fuck? Yeah, well I'm excited to see you guys. All right, Well enough about me. What what what do you guys do?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Are you in school? Are you in do your work? What's the deal? I'm in construction, ken and you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm in I'm in non structural engineering.
Speaker 1: Okay. Construction and structural engineering sound very similar. It sounds like one of you went to college and the other one didn't, but yet you do the same job pretty much.
Speaker 3: Probably probably the one that didn't go to UNI does more work than the one that did.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, so what do you can the construction guy? What do you construct?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I worked for a ceiling and wall fixing company and we just finished a job at a new like mental health building at a hospital, and like the company I work for, like builds all the framing and then sheets all the walls, make sure everything's good.
Speaker 1: Okay, And then what does a structural engineer do?
Speaker 3: Sit on the computer all day? And nice jobs? Jobs are looking pretty smid.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're pretty much like, all right, so structural engineering you're pretty much sitting on the computer playing sims, and then the construction you are the sim.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly, that's exactly it.
Speaker 7: It's just making sure the building doesn't collapse on your sims.
Speaker 5: Mm hmmmm.
Speaker 1: Well what do you do?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 1: Is that? Your guys?
Speaker 4: Is?
Speaker 1: When you guys? How will do you? Guys? I'm twenty four, Okay, when you guys were little kids, what did you dream of doing?
Speaker 6: I wanted to be a dancer.
Speaker 1: You wanted to be a dancer.
Speaker 6: I was a professional dancer before I started in construction.
Speaker 1: Oh really?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Like? What kind of dancer?
Speaker 6: I was like a tap dancer.
Speaker 1: You were a professional tap dancer before you got into construction.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are you fucking with me?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, I'm get serious.
Speaker 6: I the only thing that stopped me was COVID. It was like a dying like a dying style of dance. Yeah, Like the industry was dead and then COVID just was the last step.
Speaker 1: M Okay, what like what exactly were you were you doing? How were you making money? Were you like touring with a company or something.
Speaker 6: I was doing a lot of teaching just because there wasn't a lot of jobs. But I was in talks with a guy for.
Speaker 8: This musical and like got the job, and then COVID happened and the show got canceled, and that was kind of the last straw, and I decided I was going to quit.
Speaker 6: And do something that was a bit more money reliable.
Speaker 1: M do you do you miss tap dancing.
Speaker 6: Sometimes?
Speaker 1: What does any part of you like want to go back? Does any part of you consider, like, uh, quitting your construction job and trying to get back into the tap dance the tap dancing racket.
Speaker 6: If something really cool came up that just happened to kind of show itself, maybe, but I don't think I'm willing to search for it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So are you guys? You guys, both both of you guys seem happy with yourselves.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we just had a great weekend and and we're looking forward to getting back back to the reality of Stons Man.
Speaker 1: You're looking. Oh so you're looking. That's fascinating. So you're looking forward to getting back to reality?
Speaker 3: I suppose.
Speaker 6: So, yeah, a bit of a bit of a bit of a routine, you know.
Speaker 1: I wonder like this being so isolated from everyone, Like, I almost feel like that would make you more in maybe in some way make you more happy than I don't know, living in a place like like Los Angeles or something where you're you're hyper connected to everything all the time.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Yeah, I've been to l A once and there was so unbelievably overwhelming that I just like would never be able to live there.
Speaker 1: What were you doing there? Tap dancing?
Speaker 5: Actually was Oh fuck you dude?
Speaker 1: What wait? When I come Okay, when I come to when I come to Perth, can you can you fucking tap dance for me?
Speaker 6: I will come up on stage and tap dance.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm please, I'm a hundred I am, by the way, I'm one hundred percent serious.
Speaker 3: I'm so away serious.
Speaker 1: Do your shoes still fit the one that they because we're special shoes with the with the like look with the tap.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah yeah, I have like patients, the white ones.
Speaker 1: That's great, Okay, I'm excited for this. This will be great. Okay. So all right, so you used to be a tap dancer, and then what did you do before you were a a structural engineer? Or maybe I'm confusing you guys.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, that's right. I used to back in the day, I used to work at McDonald's.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you tell me about working at Was it in Perth?
Speaker 3: It was in Perth.
Speaker 1: Tell me about the clientele of this Perth McDonald's. What kinds of people were were going through your drive through every day?
Speaker 3: It depends on what time. So during the day you just had your standard average either soccer moms with their kids or just people that didn't want to buy their lunches, I suppose. And then at night is when the when the fund came out. I suppose everyone either black baked or out of their bloody minds. And yeah, you didn't want to you wanted to go home.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, what was the strangest or or even most hostile interaction that you had well working there?
Speaker 3: Oh oh, I remember I got absolutely abused once because we made some lady park in the waiting base and when I bought out her food when it was ready, she wasn't happy with the size of the bag and threw the food back at me. I reckon, I reckon. From then I had to walk inside with all this drink and food all over me. Here, I was like, this is a bit shit, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you just did, but you are? Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh sweet? Yeah, so that kind of made me want to pack up us. So it's just like I don't need this sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: And are you happier now being a structural engineer than working at McDonald's.
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean, who doesn't want to play sims for? Reallyly?
Speaker 1: Oh man? Do you construct what? I don't even know your guys' names, but with a construction worker? Are you do you you hope to one day be a structural engineer or are you happy being the sim Well?
Speaker 7: I'm doing laboring now, so it's like the bottom of the barrel job. So I'm hoping to next year start apprenticeship to become an electrician and then do that for a while and see what happens.
Speaker 1: Nice nice mm Yeah? Are you guys? Are you guys dating anyone? Do you have girlfriends, boyfriends? Or are you just married to each other.
Speaker 3: With dad in the same go? Actually, and she's in the cars.
Speaker 1: Okay, now you're fucking with me? Oh I just I just heard a girl laugh in the back. You're not fucking with me, dude? Who is this? Who is this girl that's just been silent the whole time. What's your name?
Speaker 2: My name is Nae?
Speaker 1: Say that one more time?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Oh, Neve? Yeah, Neve, Neve? Why have have you? Is it true you're dating both of these guys at once?
Speaker 2: Apparently? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hm, you couldn't decide between the structural engineer and the construction worker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a tough.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess it is because you know, look one, I think one of you guys is buttoned up and you know, stable, safe, secure option, which is you know, it's just attractive. But then the other one is is you know, the bad boy, the wild card, and that's attractive too, And she's she's caught between both of these compelling offers.
Speaker 3: Which which one do you reckons the saber one?
Speaker 1: Now that I think about it, I'm not so sure about either of you. But so wait, so how do you guys know her? Or I will talk ask her? How do you know these guys?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 2: I know the structural engineer from work. We used to work together, and then I met the construction worker just this weekend?
Speaker 1: Okay all? And are you are all three of you in love? Now?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: What what do you do? Neve?
Speaker 2: I work at Bunnings, which is like a hard restore.
Speaker 1: I work up Bunnings Bunnings. Oh, you guys are all wait, this is crazy. So the structural engineer plays the sims moving around the construction worker who then goes to buy hardware to make the construction from the girl working in the hardware store.
Speaker 6: It's all connected.
Speaker 1: It's all connected.
Speaker 3: So literally, life in Australia is a big seems.
Speaker 1: Wow, well I can't I can't wait, Neive, do you have any outside of just uh road trips and what is it? Road trips in Tennis? What was the other thing?
Speaker 6: Not beaches?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Beaches and road trips? Neve? Do you have any suggestions for cool perth stuff to.
Speaker 2: Do Rottennest Island and for wooll driving as well?
Speaker 1: Oh wait, you know, I know, I don't know. I know something I want to ask you guys about. I want how do I see a Quaker? I want to see a quaker.
Speaker 2: That's Rottenest Island. So you catch a ferry it's like an hour away, just off your perth and then you can see the cockers.
Speaker 1: Have you got? For those who don't know, a quaker is like it's like a really big hamster kind.
Speaker 9: Of yeah, they're like they're like they're like a little teddy bear and on Rottnest Island they have no natural predators, so they're just like not scared to go up to you.
Speaker 6: So you can get right next to them, like cuddle them and take a photo with them.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, man, wouldn't that be great to live in an island where you have no natural predators?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Iconic?
Speaker 3: When you come to Perth, Yeah, we'll get on. We'll get on my boat and we'll take you over to Rotnest.
Speaker 1: You have a boat, I've got a boat. Okay, that's that. That's that's sexual engineer money.
Speaker 6: Can get those swim.
Speaker 1: Well, apparently this one doesn't have to because he's got he's got an Australian homie with a boat.
Speaker 6: Yesh strout a life jacket.
Speaker 1: On just in case that would actually be a good idea. So what how do you how do you? How do so you guys know each other through a cousin, neive? How do you know these guys?
Speaker 2: So I worked with the structural engineer and then I I met his.
Speaker 5: Cousin for him, right right right?
Speaker 1: What's your what's your dream in life? Neve?
Speaker 2: I don't know I'm just living. I'm just vibbing right now.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm damn. It seems like it seems like you guys are all happy over there. You're living in the moment, you're on your boats, You're uh fucking hanging out with with quakers, you get you got Donald's over there. Sounds like a good turb It sounds like a good pace of life. I'm into it. Well, damn, I hope you guys get to your destination. Are you have you just been driving this whole time. I haven't heard anything.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, we've been stopped at a petrol station.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, thanks for thanks. I'll let you guys get back on with your journey. Excited to see you in Perth. I will hold you to it. I funk, man, I think give me like a week and I think I'll actually fucking have the show on sale. But uh, yeah, come fucking uh, I'm gonna I'm gonna see you tap dance. I'm holding you to that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, how are you planning to get up on stage with DNA show?
Speaker 1: There's like a honestly, honestly, at any point, at any point, just be like, Hey, I'm the guy you talked to that offered the tap dance. You can, I'm gonna give you special permission to yell that out and we'll we'll do it.
Speaker 3: Done done, can on the sins work or two?
Speaker 1: No, only he can yell out, I've let me ride on the boat.
Speaker 3: You can yell out, Yes, let's go, I'll.
Speaker 1: Yell Is there anything else that you guys want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 6: Shout out to the homies. So listening right now, and we love you.
Speaker 1: Gek, what do you guys? I only caught neat. What are your guys' names? I never got them?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 6: Construction workers James.
Speaker 3: James, and the structure engineer is Daniel Daniel Man.
Speaker 1: You know, Daniel is such a buttoned up name. It makes sense that that's the structural engineer, and James is the is the bad boy construction worker.
Speaker 3: It just wines up perfectly.
Speaker 1: It does. Well. Thank you guys for calling man, it's a pleasure talking to you and I will see you very soon.
Speaker 3: Sounds good. Thank you, Take care guys.
Speaker 1: Fine, Well, that was fun. Perth sounds cool. Perth sounds cool. It really is. Go look at a map of Australia. Perth is like all the way on the other side of like all the actual Maybe is it offensive to say the actual cities? It probably is? But whatever, man, I'm gonna go there. I'm gonna hang out with a Quaker. I'm gonna go to McDonald's. I'm gonna watch this guy tap dance. It'll be fun. Think yes for calling.
Speaker 4: All from Lily.
Speaker 1: Hello, what's up? What's your name?
Speaker 6: Lily?
Speaker 1: What's up Lily? How you doing?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 4: Today's my eighteenth birthday.
Speaker 1: Oh? Happy birthday? What are you are you doing anything?
Speaker 4: Cool?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: So today is actually a public holiday for me, so I can't actually celebrate. But I thought I call in.
Speaker 1: What what public holiday? Where are you calling from? Where it's a public holiday?
Speaker 4: I'm from Australia.
Speaker 1: Oh cool man? What going to Australia pretty soon?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I really want to go to one of your shows.
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: What public holiday is it in Australia? Today?
Speaker 4: It's Anti Day?
Speaker 1: It's what day?
Speaker 4: Antic Day is like like you know when you like, you know, a war and stuff. Sorry, I don't really know much about the public holiday myself, except for the fact I'm born on it.
Speaker 1: And Zach, how do you I'll look it up right now? How do you spell that? A N Z A n Z oh and zach Yeah, all right, and Zach Day is a national day of remembrance in Australia and New Zealand that broadly commemorates all Australians and New Zealanders who served and died in war. Oh okay, it's like your guys's Veterans Day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's pretty depressing day to be born. If I'm being honest.
Speaker 1: It's like, well, it's like Memorial No, that's like Memorial Day. Now, here's the thing, and this is I don't know if this offensive or not, but I had I didn't know that there was Like I didn't know that Australia had wars. Like here's because here's the thing, right is Australia. It's all the it's out of the fucking way. It's all the way. It's like an isolated territory. So like, who, who the fuck are you guys going to war with?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I have the toys of it. That's like my favorite fact of Australia. So basically, one day we had a war with eies.
Speaker 1: With what.
Speaker 4: Are you familiar with? The big bird that's like native to Australia.
Speaker 1: You had a word. You had a war with birds.
Speaker 4: And we lost to them.
Speaker 1: What you had a spell? That spell that were in India?
Speaker 4: Yeah, e M you and then yeah we basically.
Speaker 1: Are you being serious so that you went to war with birds that serious?
Speaker 4: Like that is my That is the most embarrassing thing about the country I live in.
Speaker 1: Hold On, I'm gonna look this up now that I'm gonna look up m em you War Australia was a nuisance wildlife holy ship? Dude, Okay, hold on, if you go, dude, if you fucking wait, this is crazy. If you search you e M you War Australia and you go to Google images, there's just a picture of a guy choking a fucking bird. You guys actually went I thought you were fucking with me. This is true. You guys went to this is it says? Okay? The m you War was a operation undertaken to curb the population of a large flightless bird indigenous to Australia. How many people dot hunt aftermath? Let's see how many people died in the.
Speaker 4: I don't think anybody died. I think it was like an actual war. I think what basically happened was a bunch of people wanted to like go to the land and like do stuff for EMUs were there, So basically the solution to that problem was to shoot a bunch of ems. But EU is basically fall back. I think that's what happened.
Speaker 1: So you're telling me, and again, look, no offense to any no offense. I know. I know that we have a large population of Australian veterans that listen to this show, and I don't want to offend them, but it kind of sounds like Australia, you know. They they killed a bunch of birds, and then we're like, let's have a day of remembrance for the people that killed the birds.
Speaker 4: Not not specifically them.
Speaker 3: But yeah, sure were that did?
Speaker 1: Did you guys have any other wars or just but it doesn't really seemed like a war. It just seems like a It seems like more of a massacre than a war. There's no but none of you guys died. It was just the birds.
Speaker 4: Well I don't know. Well, the birds kind of won in a way, so that's kind of like the good thing. I guess. Well, their are very very strong and smart creatures, so they basically out smart at them.
Speaker 1: Look, all I'm saying is if you all I'm saying is if you search em you war Australia and you go to Google images, it does not look like that bird is winning.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 1: So you were born, So you were born on the day of Australian Remembers. So is are like the banks closed? What actually happens on this day?
Speaker 4: Not much like just everything shut down? So basically I have to celebrate my birthday tomorrow.
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 1: How are you going to celebrate your birthday?
Speaker 4: I'm learning to watch Mario.
Speaker 1: The Mario movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So now when a movie comes out, said, when a movie comes out in like France, right, like a big animated movie, they dub it over in French. Do when a movie when a movie comes out in Australia, do they just like dub the movie over but give everyone an Australian accent? Or is it still in American English?
Speaker 4: As much as I would love to see like an Australian like voice over and hear like Mario say like kunt or something like may or something like that, Sadly, Norie, we get the American version.
Speaker 1: I've heard that kunt is a term of endearment in Australia.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is. We two have friends basically.
Speaker 1: And so so if you walk up to a random stranger and call them a cunt, it's not it's Is it still bad?
Speaker 4: No? I don't think no. I think they're like not like that. But I think if they're like your friends, you can be.
Speaker 1: Like, oh hey, you know, okay, do you do you call your friends cunts?
Speaker 4: No? I I caught them other swear words, but that's not really one of them.
Speaker 1: What what other swear words do you call your friends?
Speaker 4: I don't know. Uh, I don't know. Bitch, like my friend called me that this morning.
Speaker 1: Actually, your friend called you a bitch this morning? Why did your friend call you a bit? No?
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was like, you like having morning bitch, like having birthday, bitch. That's what she said to me.
Speaker 1: Okay, so yeah, all right, So you live in Australia. Can I ask what? And you don't. You don't have to get specific, but like, what part of Australia are you in?
Speaker 4: I'm part of Western Australia.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, is that? Where are you? Are you You in Perth?
Speaker 4: Yeah That's where I'm from.
Speaker 1: Oh hell yeah, I'm going to I'm going to Perth soon, is it I've heard it's cool? Is it like different from like Sydney and Melbourne and in those places?
Speaker 4: I would say yes, I feel like we're a lot more cloised in Does that make any sense?
Speaker 1: Are you more Australian do you think? And less American?
Speaker 4: I would say yes, I feel like you know, it would be a culture shock.
Speaker 1: Give me, like I want to Okay, so like give me when I go to Perth. I want to make a Perth ship, you know, the word like a a Perthesian reference that people in Perth will be like, oh, that's a good reference. That that the he really knows stuff about Perth. What's a what's a good Perthesian reference I can make when I go there?
Speaker 4: You could just mention them. I'm pretty sure everybody wants to that.
Speaker 1: Does that? Is that? Is that?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: I don't know really any references, to be honest, but that is I mean, I'm pretty sure if you mentioned that, everybody would just understand what you mean.
Speaker 1: Is that true? Is that? Is that like a popular thing? And does everybody know about the EMU war?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Everybody does.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna find a way to bring it.
Speaker 4: Up actually we got taught that in school, you did.
Speaker 1: Okay, Here's what I'm gonna do is when I come out on stage, I'm gonna put up a picture on the projector's screen of this guy killing this bird, and I'm just gonna talk the picture for the first for the entire show. All right, So what else? Tell me more? What else is your life like, Lily? Any other? Well?
Speaker 4: I was I was going to call in and say, like, you know, how like I'm pretty like, you know, not really feeling my birthday, but like I'm actually like pretty happy right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, why were you not feeling your birthday?
Speaker 4: Well? Okay, so when so I'm turning eighteen, right and I thought when Okay, when I was a little kid, I thought when I was going to turn eighteen, I was going to like own a mansion and like a like a I don't know, like you know, be rich, like be like a millionaire. But like I feel like I'm a very unrealistic goal so as a little kid, because you know, I'm I'm like unemployed and you know, I'm just working normal nine to five job and a college like UNI student right now, So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why did you so? Okay, when you were a little kid, and you thought that you would have a million dollars by the time you were eighteen. What did you have? Where did you say think they would come from?
Speaker 4: I don't I don't really know. I just thought i'd get lucky, like win the lottery.
Speaker 3: Maybe.
Speaker 1: Do you ever play the lottery? No, so you thought you were going to win the lottery without even playing it. That's the super Lottery without putting in a ticket. Do they have the lottery in Australia?
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course, How would I know? Well, you know, it's actually like as if well, you know, I don't want to like make any.
Speaker 1: Assumptions, but make whatever assumptions you want. I'm making assumptions.
Speaker 4: Well, like I had a friend in America who thought we traveled by kangaroos, So I don't know what you Americans really think about them.
Speaker 1: Wait, do you guys not.
Speaker 4: No control on trains.
Speaker 1: I'm trying. I'm trying to have my buddy photoshop a picture me in a kangaroo's pouch as part of like a tour promo. But now that I know that's not how you guys actually trans uh, you know, transport yourselves. And maybe I'll just photo shot myself into a train. Well, all right, what's your what's your dream for the future, Lily, what do you want to be uh in soon?
Speaker 4: I don't like career wise.
Speaker 1: Uh, your career life anything.
Speaker 4: And I just like cliche in terms of life. I just like hope that the future is much more clear and just I'm just happy.
Speaker 1: I guess, Okay, well, what do you mean that clear the future? That I the future will never be clear, That's the whole point.
Speaker 4: I know. But I feel like now, especially in my life, I have a lot more responsibility because I'm legally an adult now, and I just feel like I don't really even know what I'd want to do as a career, and I'm just, you know, kind of living day by day and I just I'm kind of lost, and I just hope that I just find out kind of what I want in life.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, you at this very moment, what do you desire in life.
Speaker 4: In this very moment?
Speaker 1: Yes? Or I mean in this very moment, or I guess in this moment generally.
Speaker 4: This face existence, Well, I guess I just want birthday cake and just to have a normal day to know.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, look, here's the thing is, Yeah, you know now that I'm thinking, I'm gonna get all. I'm gonna get all motivationally because it's how I'm feeling in this moment. All you desire is birthday cake? Correct, So you know, look when you're eating your birthday cake. Uh, that's this is what I'm learning. Life is is just a bunch of God I'm a douchebag. Life is just a bunch of right now. Right, So whatever you want right now, you know, is that's all that matters. Got this is you know what what I just said is not true at all, because if you live like that, you're gonna end up like me, eating fucking candy for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Speaker 4: I already do that.
Speaker 1: What kind of candy.
Speaker 4: I eat? Like? Mom? Bob Nickols? Do you guys have cherry ripe?
Speaker 1: What is cherry rope?
Speaker 4: Cherry ripe? All? Okay, do you guys have a crunchy?
Speaker 1: Well? No, no, I'm not. What is cherry cherry rope or cherry? Right?
Speaker 4: It's cherry cherry ripe. It's like a chocolate and in size like cherry your stuff?
Speaker 1: Uh no, I don't think so we have we have cherry eminem Wait, we don't even have cherry and I just made that up. Okay, Well, are are you gonna so you're not celebrating your birthday today because.
Speaker 4: It's it's I'm just gonna eat like cake and stuff, all right.
Speaker 1: What are you going to college?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yeah, I am.
Speaker 1: What are you going to study?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna study probably something in the artfield. Currently right now I study huh sorry, oh, currently, I'm just studying. It's kind of just like an opening course for people who drop out, kind of like a GED I think that's what you guys call it.
Speaker 1: Did you did you drop out of high school?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I did?
Speaker 1: Oh uh I thought you so, So you're taking like a GED course? Mm hmmm, why did you drop out of high school? Uh?
Speaker 4: Family issues?
Speaker 1: Okay? Do you How do you feel about that decision?
Speaker 5: Now? Do you?
Speaker 1: Are you glad that you made it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean I dropping out of high school? I think that was the only regret I have was not seeing my friends again. But honestly, I have so many opportunities in Australia too, you know, still have a good career, so I'm not too stressed about it.
Speaker 1: And so you want to you want to have a career in the arts of some kind m hm, what kind of art like drawing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want to It's like way in the future, but one day I want to like own my own clothing store.
Speaker 1: Okay, rock and roll. That's a cool. That's a cool. See. Do you are you like into fashion?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I am hugely.
Speaker 1: What what is your like? Are you into shoes, hats? What's like everything?
Speaker 4: Basically?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you want to own your own clothing store, that's cool. What's the what's the fashion industry in Australia.
Speaker 4: Like, oh, for the most part, not too bad? Was pretty boring.
Speaker 1: What are you are there a lot of like art fashion school places in uh in Australia.
Speaker 4: Well, we don't have like the top schools, like you know, art isn't really like seeing as much as a koreer here, if that makes sense, like specifically where I'm from. So if I wanted to really go to like a really good stage like art school, I would have to travel outside where I live. But yeah, we do have like art courses and you know, I could still study fashion here. So but it isn't like as you know, as good as I would want it to be a book, you know.
Speaker 1: So you say that where you are from. So you said that so specifically in Perth, art is not seen as like as like a real career.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like we're kind of really working class and you know, people go on to study be a lawyer and you know, doctors. And I'm not saying that's bad, but I feel like that's really really cool. But I just wish where I was from art was taking a little bit more seriously, I guess, but you know, it's what it did is I don't really care.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel like art and stuff it's all on the computer, right, Like if you made a clothing brand, you know, I mean you it wouldn't it would You wouldn't just sell stuff in Perth, you'd sell stuff everywhere, right, So I mean this is almost the whole idea of art being taken seriously in one part of the world or not. It's all. It's all. Uh. We live in an interconnected global universe now, so I feel like art is taken seriously in that interconnected universe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you're right, like it, things are much more accessful than it probably was like years back, and I am very grateful for that to live in like a modern society, and I definitely but you know, I think those still are risks being taken when it comes to online stuff, but you know, that's that's way in the future. And I just you know, when it comes to being successful, especially in art, it's you know, I feel like even if I did do it would still take some time for my career to be subtle because there's so many I'm trying.
Speaker 1: To like.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 1: I have an idea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm trying to weard it in a way that makes sense.
Speaker 1: You should you should draw this picture of the guys strangling an emu and put it on a shirt. I would buy that shirt.
Speaker 4: Could I give it to you on the tour? Coming?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, I'm coming. I don't know where in Perth, but I'm coming there somewhere in July. No, yeah, well sorry, are there stills? Are there still EMUs running around? Do you guys get rid of all of them?
Speaker 4: That they definitely are, but they're like way in the outback.
Speaker 1: Have did you ever go to the out back?
Speaker 4: I've heard it's gnarly, it's kind of dangerous, So not really, I mean I kind of have kind of habits.
Speaker 1: For I don't know, is it our our Kangaroo's dangerous.
Speaker 4: Depending on the kangaroo, depending on the k.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kangaroo Jack is yes, I do really you know who Kangaroo Jack? I feel like that. How old is that fucking movie?
Speaker 4: That very old?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, you know how you said that people that people will ask ask you if folks in Australia get around on kangaroos? Do you Is there anything like that for Americans that you like? Do you think that we get around on hamburgers? Like? What's your version of that?
Speaker 4: Well? I do think that every American carries a gun, but I don't know if that's true.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm bringing mine to Australia.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't know how well you get in, so good luck.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna kill some kangaroos. I've heard kangaroo meat is great.
Speaker 4: You can get in the shout, Yes, it is very great.
Speaker 1: I've no, I don't have a gun, and I don't plan to kill any kangaroos unless if one threatens me, in which case I will have to defend myself. Oh no, I think you're going to be fine, Lily. I mean you can do you can do anything. I think. I don't know that. I don't know if I don't know that for sure, though, I don't know how reassuring you of what I just said was Has this phone called been helpful to you at all?
Speaker 4: It's made my birthday day?
Speaker 1: Okay? Great? What do you do? You like? Uh? Have do you do on your bir How big of a birthday person are you? Some people are like, it's my birthday month, you know, and they're like that big or how how how into your own birthday are you?
Speaker 4: I'm just like, I just celebrate the day and that's pretty much it.
Speaker 1: Well, if I can, if if I can just say this, I'll say this, I'll be serious for a second. Okay, you know, Lily, I think you're It sounds it sounds as though you're disappointed because you were hoping for clarity today, right. You wanted, you know, like you said, for things to be more clear. But here's the thing. Here's what you you find out is clarity. It doesn't exist. You'll never ever get it.
Speaker 4: Is that reassured?
Speaker 1: And so and so? Is it reassuring? I don't know, maybe it'll make you want to stop searching for it. I mean, that's not I don't know if it's necessarily true that you'll never get clarity. You might get like a little bit of clarity, but you'll never receive ultimate eternal clarity, or maybe you will. I mean, I'm I'm dumb. I don't know anything, but.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think if I've ever gotten clarity. My life feels extremely unclear. But I also I picked a weird thing to do. I mean, yeah, if you wanted to do, I mean you also picked you also picked a weird thing to do. Like because right, because if you were going to be a lawyer or a doctor or something, you'd have more clarity. You'd be like, all right, I'm gonna go to law school and then do my residency, and then in ten years from now, I know exactly what I'm doing. I'll be cutting open people and I'll be trying to do that. But uh, I mean, even but even then, there's, like you know, there's there's there's a lack of clarity and your personal life and your relationships and your and your feelings about about how you're gonna feel once you're in certain places, and I don't know, Yeah, I feel like I'll stand by that for now. That clarity is sort of unattainable or or maybe it's a recurring Maybe clarity is like a recurring process, like you always every every day you get a little bit more clarity. I feel that every day I get a little bit more clarity, But there's no like final clarity of like yep, I know everything. I can see my entire past and make make sense of it. I can see my entire future and make sense of it, and I feel completely content and at peace forever. I don't know if that exists. Well maybe I haven't seen I haven't felt the personally, but.
Speaker 4: How really helpful. But I just want to add one thing. I guess if there was one hundred a sick clarity in my life, I don't think it would be as exciting exactly exactly. And I think maybe it's the bad days and the good days that make me and my future so much better, you.
Speaker 1: Know, good good. I mean, in Australia, you can just have like a fucking spider about you and then you're done.
Speaker 4: Right exactly, So we live every day like to feel.
Speaker 1: Lost like I like that. I like that. I feel I feel more clear now. Yay, Well, Lily, it was nice talking to you. Man. You have a whole day ahead of you. It's like it's like the morning where you are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is. I gotta go eat breakfast.
Speaker 1: Well, have fun eating breakfast. And is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 4: Well, I just wanted to say thank you for making my birthday so much more brighter and thank you chat. I guess I haven't read it, so, but yeah, thank you rock and Roll.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday, Lily. And I'll see you around the universe. Man, take care, see you in perse see ya.
Speaker 4: I'll see you there. I'll bring your T shirt.
Speaker 1: Ok, see you, Lily.
Speaker 2: All from Dave.
Speaker 1: Dave, Yo, you did? What's going on?
Speaker 5: Just getting some tacos right now?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 5: How you doing?
Speaker 1: What kind of tacos?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm actually going to run for my dad, So I don't know if you know what's lingoar. So it's head meat tacos and meat tacos.
Speaker 1: Ah, Well, which one's better?
Speaker 5: I personally don't like both that much, but if I choose, probably tengue me.
Speaker 1: Okay, Dave, is there anything in particular you wanted to talk about today?
Speaker 5: Well, there's a couple of things. I don't know if I could go on a whole bill right now?
Speaker 1: What is you? You have to turn your TV off before you do that? What is what was that?
Speaker 5: That was a taco stan. I'm literally out in public. I didn't expect to get in. Sorry if it's like super chaotic right now?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, uh okay, you wanted to go on a whole thing. I got time for a whole thing. Hit me with your whole Sorry, you've got.
Speaker 5: Time for a whole thing. So yeah, I don't know, man. Uh, I'm in a weird dilemma.
Speaker 1: Is it about a girl? About it?
Speaker 5: No, not about a girl, all right, But it's just like it's just like general life direction thing, you know. So it's like, yeah, again, I'm twenty two years old. I didn't go to school, and then I decided to play music and be in a band, do a bunch of haggard ship nice and it's been it's been a pretty positive experience. It's turned out really well for me. I got a tour that I'm gonna be doing in Europe.
Speaker 1: Oh fuck yeah, brother, that's awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So I'm like but then at the same time, you know, I kind of kind of have a weird like look back where it's like Uh is this?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 5: Is this stable? Is this something I want to keep doing? Should I just keep doing like shitty jobs? Or should I go to school and do the whole you know, walk the past that's already there.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're on a to wait, so you're going on it. It sounds like the music's going. Well, you're about to tour Europe?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, the thing the whole Europe deals Like I actually hopped on with a band that's like already pretty well established, like an eighties band. So yeah, so are you.
Speaker 1: Are you a solo music? Are you a solo artist or are you with your with a band?
Speaker 5: I'm with a band I like, I do mostly funk music.
Speaker 1: Nice? Are they your homies or.
Speaker 5: I'm like I'm blessed like litherarn Area, or just a bunch of friends and everyone gets too long and we all hit each other up.
Speaker 1: Well that sounds fucking sweet. So you're just debating, like as should I like go find a more stable.
Speaker 5: Job, yeah, I mean that, or just I don't know. It's also just in terms of lifestyle, and I mean I like like to play a music lifestyle, you know, but it's also like, well I don't want to like end up being a burnout either.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you something. You're gonna fucking die. Are you aware of that?
Speaker 5: Very true?
Speaker 1: You're gonna die. You're gonna die. You could die tomorrow, dude, I have no idea you're gonna it. Sounds like I'm threatening you. I'm gonna find you, I'm gonna kill you. No, I'm not all I might. You don't know. You don't know what the fuck I could do. I'm sorry, all right, I got so into tell you I was gonna kill you that I forgot everything else. Okay, you're only you're twenty two. Here's the thing. If you were forty seven and had two children and a wife and you wanted to abandon all of them to go tour uh in Europe with a band, I mean, God bless you, but it would be it would be away. Yeah, tougher deal than right now. I mean, you don't You don't have a fucking girlfriend or a wife, or kids, or you have any that ship do What the fuck are you talking about? Yes, hang out with your band and go to Europe. When are you ever gonna be able to do this again? You can go to school whenever.
Speaker 5: What do you.
Speaker 1: I want you to go ahead, No, go ahead, tell me your THU tell me tell me.
Speaker 5: Your I mean I'm gonna go to your regardless of you know what's next app, I mean I know what I'm gonna do next. After that, I'm gonna playing music. But it's like, you know, it's tosa and yeah, give me a minute, and.
Speaker 1: And u un un moss para permis apple. Oh examples froud what what you know? You know mass permise Apple?
Speaker 5: But I don't know. I don't know what you're saying. You gotta come.
Speaker 1: I don't know I'm saying it. I tried to learn how to speak Spanish. You know what the order of your tacos, I'll be here.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I mean after after you, I'm I'm doing another band with my best friend that we're going to see where it goes. It's not getting solid yet. We got so solid.
Speaker 1: Oh fuck Sapple means toad. I thought it meant gecko. All right, So you're just you're like you're scared of the future of like what you're gonna do next.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a good.
Speaker 3: Way to put it. I do have some anxiety towards the future.
Speaker 1: Take your hands off your phone.
Speaker 5: Again, anxiety of the future.
Speaker 7: Gag.
Speaker 1: Well, all right, let me tell you. I'm gonna try, and I'm gonna motivate you right now, because look again, you could you could literally all you all you have to do is eat enough food so that you don't die, and not go to jail and not get anyone pregnant. Do those three things and you're fine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you make it sound really fucking easy, man.
Speaker 1: I know, I know it's by the way, I know it's not. Okay. If it were that easy, I wouldn't have anxiety, have anxiety about what the fuck I'm gonna do with my life all the time. So I don't you know, But this is the stuff I wish I was. I was, I internalized and and I haven't internalized it. But I'm telling it to you because maybe if you're here from me, you'll internalize it better. Like you, well, I mean, now's the time. If you want to do this shit, now is the time, right, Like you have no obligations to anyone else, Why why not?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I get it, I get it, But I don't know why there's this other fucking like by the side of me. They're just like staring at me. And fucking combating that a little bit sometimes, you know. I mean, I don't want to get to me too, Nihiley, but it's like, huh is it? I don't know. I again, just like thinking about the future too much.
Speaker 1: No live while you can. I mean, what do you what do you? What do you want to go to school for?
Speaker 5: I would want to go to I mean, so I'm in between going a school for like mycology, which is growing mushrooms, or some kind of psychotherapy. But if I was to become psychotherapist, I would want to be a psychedelic psychotherapist.
Speaker 1: You don't need a degree to grow mushrooms.
Speaker 5: I don't. I actually learned how last year.
Speaker 1: All right, So what the hell are you? Go? Go to Europe? Go to go spend look from twenty two to thirty. Go be a fucking burnout rock and roll superstar, dealing drugs across and playing gigs across the world. You know, do your thing. Yeah, be crazy, thanks gig.
Speaker 5: I kind of need that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like you're gonna die and it's gonna be my fault. Now.
Speaker 5: Now, I'm pretty I'm pretty uh, I'm pretty haggard, but I'm pretty safe with it.
Speaker 1: I think I'll say this, I'll saye this. I do believe that any time you want to pursue a stable and normal things, stability will be there. But it'll be there at all ages of your life. But right now it's like that's the perfect time to go fuck around, Like fuck around.
Speaker 5: Stability lifestyle is always going to be there, and like, but the time tacklogg an idiot isn't always there.
Speaker 1: I I can tell you're a punk rock motherfucker. We'll be gass. You're eating pig heads and playing music.
Speaker 6: And yeah, dude, yeah there.
Speaker 1: You do you like drugs? You like mushrooms? Are you cocaine?
Speaker 5: I yeah, I do dabble in like a good amount of drugs. But I must like drinking some acid.
Speaker 1: Go to Europe, drink some acid, do cocaine, sleep with a hooker. Your job will be you can grow mushrooms when you're fucking fifty.
Speaker 5: Very true, very very true. But it's like, I don't know, man, It's it's just a conflicting thing. There's also like I guess, like my family that I think about sometimes, but they're not It's not like, oh they're against it or anything, like they're fucking they're super fucking cool too.
Speaker 1: But your but your family doesn't your your family doesn't have to live your life. You're You're the only one that has to be in your body and exist in your surroundings.
Speaker 5: That's very true too, man. I don't know, you might have to eat some mushrooms on it again or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very funny that you know so in your sober world, but you as a sober man, a gecko told you to do cocaine and then you're gonna do mushrooms. Yeah, And I don't know what I'm trying to say right now.
Speaker 6: All right, that's the trip.
Speaker 1: What's your name again? Damn David? David?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Was this conversation helpful or do you think I've destroyed you?
Speaker 5: No? This is an awesome conversation. Man, I'm still figure out in You're good. I started listening to you, you know how I started listening to Actually, yeah, like my background noise, I'll like listen to your podcast while I'm doing like mushroom mark and it's like good to listen to.
Speaker 1: It's like, bro, it's like I'm speaking into your mushrooms and my my gecko words and you know, emanate through the the roots and into the people's brains when they eat them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you're there's gonna be a gek mushroom agenda going on.
Speaker 1: I like that, man. Well, God damn, I I you know. Here's the thing is, I wish I could follow any of my own advice that I tell people on this fucking podcast. So I'm gonna listen to what I'm telling you. I'll do that for you. All right, all right, you have a good one. Man's anything else you want to say to the people of the computer or to me or to Charlie Sheen before we.
Speaker 5: Go, Well, keep on, keep on keeping on.
Speaker 1: Man, God damn, do a line for me. Maybe I'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 5: Bee Geg.
Speaker 1: I like that guy. I think he's gonna do. I think he's gonna do good in life. Never be Ken goes on the line taking your phone calls every night. The Rep Ken goes doing his eye's teaching you loud in the lid of your life. But he's not really an expert.