Speaker 1: I miss the good old days where we had feelings but we didn't feel the need to discuss them openly. We just bottled those things up inside ourselves and let them manifest in unhealthy ways and lead the stress that constant, sufferable information. But we killed that inflammation by drinking seventeen high balls at lunch so we couldn't feel it anymore, and then going back to our office.
Speaker 2: And chain smoking pall malls. Yeah, we were happy and we liked it. That would be an experience. You missed that.
Speaker 1: Well, if you need proof this morning of how far we've come, then you need to listen to the latest thing that's going viral. And it's the job requirements of flight attendants from nineteen fifty four.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Okay, we'll go over.
Speaker 1: It in just a second, so you could be thankful for all the progress we've actually made.
Speaker 3: It's nice to have that reminder sometimes, yeah, because it doesn't always feel that way.
Speaker 1: Right now, it's your chance at one thousand dollars with hits. One of six point one pays your bills every single hour on the tens. Your chance at one thousand dollars. All I have to do is go to hits one of six one Seattle dot com right now and enter the keyword credit credit at hits one of six one Seattle dot com right now, and you could be one thousand dollars richer right now. For the list of job requirements for flight attendants in nineteen fifty four, it's going viral and people are sharing it like.
Speaker 2: What I already can get the world?
Speaker 1: Were we doing?
Speaker 2: Would be interesting.
Speaker 1: One of the first job requirements for a flight attenant in nineteen fifty four be single stop it can you imagine having that at a job now? Be single and not engaged either?
Speaker 2: Be single? Done?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: What's going on in them? They do tell you about it. Some jobs not to tell people that you're in relationships.
Speaker 3: There certain ones because you can get more money by flirting with people if they think if they have the illusion of the fantasy of being with you, that is no longer.
Speaker 2: This is actually one of those jobs.
Speaker 1: And this is back in the golden era of flying right when it was like a party in the sky is now it's just a public bus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it used to be a lounge. Yes.
Speaker 1: Also, another one of the job requires meant to be a flight attendant in nineteen fifty four b between the ages of twenty two and twenty eight, between five foot two and five foot five. What and between one hundred and one hundred and twenty pounds.
Speaker 2: What is this a casting calling? Yeah? Pretty much, it's a casting call. That's exactly what it is.
Speaker 1: Have good eyesight, no glasses, good teeth, no gold showing when smiling, no problem, I yes, and a good figure with slender legs. Whoa we hear at pan Am. We want our tennant to have nice gams. That was the thing with PanAm, wasn't it. That was like that one flight, like the airline from forever ago. It was all about like beautiful women and oh yeah the party.
Speaker 4: And this would have been the height of PanAm fifty fifty four Yeah, yeah, so this would have been a height of PanAm. So it was literally a flying nightclub for rich people only. And so yeah, this is what it is. This is a high end cocktail waitress what they're describing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, well a nightclub in the sky sounds like a lot.
Speaker 4: It is my dream to bring it back. I want to do brad Am. Okay, brad Am, I want to have an airline. That is exactly why brand am, here's your list of job requirements for flight attendants.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, I'm taking.
Speaker 1: Notes going over a list of job requirements for flight attendants in nineteen fifty four, just so you can go, wow, we have made it quite far as a I.
Speaker 4: Mean, guys, listen, it is better today than it has ever been ever in history, if you really sit down and think about it. We just get so caught up and complaining about everything, So things like this are great reminders. Have natural color to your hair.
Speaker 2: Oh no, die, no, die, but that's lame.
Speaker 4: Why not.
Speaker 2: You want to have a little fun.
Speaker 3: But back then it wasn't cool to get highlights or whatever you wanted. All that natural beauty.
Speaker 1: Have it at least four years of college or two years of college, and the two years and two years of business experience. Really, but this is probably most important part to that. And the ability to carry on a lively conversation.
Speaker 4: Okay, lots of businessmen here that you need to float with.
Speaker 1: Smile, show off those legs, and you get them some drinks.
Speaker 3: I don't know if this airline has those types of requirements, but if you guys ever flown Emirates, Yeah, Emirates, all of the flight attendants on Emirates are gorgeous, like absolutely stunning, And they do have the party in the sky where it's like they have that bar on the upper level if you're on like a double decker and stuff. So I don't know if they have this kind of list or a list at all legally, but it's kind of a coincidence that they're all stunning.
Speaker 1: Another job acquirement from nineteen fifty four flight attendant is have a good carriage.
Speaker 2: What does that mean, I don't really know. Is a carriage like, I'm not sure the upper Oh, your carriages must be great.
Speaker 1: I have an even temper and be willing and anxious to please.
Speaker 2: Anxious You're like, I'm anxious, man. I can't imagine getting that and going.
Speaker 3: Oh me.
Speaker 2: I mean you can travel the world. Yep, I probably would have loved it. Actually. Also, clear skin and nice hands is out of the last.
Speaker 3: I mean, my nice hand, nice soft.
Speaker 2: Hands, soft tiny hands. You have to hold a drink. I'm very glad that we're living in this matter of time.