Speaker 1: Warning, this podcast can dad spoilers for a season four episode three of Succession on HBO X plus season two episode three of Yellow Jackets on the believed Showtime Network. Hello, my name is Jason Contepsi and I'm Rosey Night and welcome next Revision the Crooked Media podcast where we dive deep it's your favorite shows, movies, comics and pop culture.
Speaker 2: In this episode, Market Moves. The market is.
Speaker 1: Moving market all over the place.
Speaker 3: It's moving off the Succession season four episode three, which we will be talking about Airlock.
Speaker 2: It's Yellow Jacket season two episode three. Things also going very badly there, yes, only getting hurt, only getting.
Speaker 3: Worse and in the nedout victim it is us on the two thousand and five film Sky High.
Speaker 4: Coming up, Market Moves, Here comes the bride Logan Roy has died, his heart took a shit in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: In the sky.
Speaker 4: Who will succeed to Logans thrown?
Speaker 1: The board will have to choose. Welcome to Market, Buket.
Speaker 4: Market moves, folks to give your number one source.
Speaker 1: For stocks, bonds, crypto currency and all forms of financial information. We can't wait to update you on the latest goings on with the Roy Star Gojo deal. And here's the latest. It's Connor and Will's wedding day. Roman Roy feels a call from his father Logan. Roman asks Logan, Dad, are you coming to your son Connor's wedding? And it's a definite maybe. It's a hard maybe because Logan has to go to Sweden where Lucas Mattson awaits. Lucas getting cold feet might pull out of the Gojo deal, and so Logan has to go there along with Carrie and Carl and Tom and Frank to pour some honey and Lucas's ear keep that Gojo deal alive. But he wants Roman to do one important thing for him to prove his loyalty. He gotta fire Jerry, who you know. Listen, I know Son that you've had a close relationship with Jerry. That's why I should come from you, and you should do it as soon as possible.
Speaker 2: This is a personal attack on Roman by Logan.
Speaker 3: Absolutely this is only done to fuck with him, like, absolutely, no question.
Speaker 1: As Logan boards the Fateful plane, we also learned that he intends to fire Sid. He wants Sid out. He tells that to Tom. This clears the way for Tom's ascendency to the time of atn Meanwhile, on the wedding barge, the kids, Greg, Ken, Roman, Shiv, plus Jerry and of course the bride and groom are all in attendance. The kids are talking amongst themselves about the Gojo deal. Roman gets ready to uh to, you know, fire Jerry, which he does even though he kind of doesn't want to. He's said, Jerry is pissed. That brings us to our first question of today. Buy or sell Jerry and Sid who stays? Who goes? Do they both stay? Do they both go? Does one stay in one go? What's gonna happen with Jerry and Sid?
Speaker 3: Bye Bye bye Jerry. Jerry is in line to succeed. Jerry is on top. This is gonna happen. I believe that Logan was fucking with Roman, but he did want Jerry out.
Speaker 2: But by the end of this episode.
Speaker 3: What Logan wants is irrelevant, absolutely fucking irrelevant. So I say Sid, I think Tom is a brutal person and throat and will do what he will, so he will spread that news about Sid as much as he can. Roman is the only one and Kerry but also irrelevant. Sorry, my dear, but It's true. Roman is really the only one that knows about the Jerry situation. So I believe Jerry is staying, and I believe Jerry could become the most powerful person in the com.
Speaker 1: Carolina also knew, but kind of Carolina will just we're whichever way the wind blows, Carolina will go that way.
Speaker 2: So yeah, she's not like Tom.
Speaker 3: She's not going to try and use that information to usurp anyone. Tom will use the information about Sid to help his own ascendancy, whereas if Jerry's in power, no one's gonna argue.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, you mentioned Jerry in power, and it was suggested in previous episodes of Succession that should Logan step aside or whatever, the interim CEO would likely be Jerry until such time as the board could select someone more permanent. So it really does feel as if Jerry's as general counsel is kind of going to be running stuff until the board decides on which of the kids is more amenable to And I agree with you. It feels like Sid. There are just more knives out for Sid, I think, and Sid I don't know that she has necessarily a protector in this situation. A lot of people carry number one amongst them find themselves without a chair in this game of musical chairs. Now that Logan has gone, but I agree with you by Jerry sell Sid Next, Connor is very anxious about the wedding cake, and this has to do with the fact that Victoria's sponge cake was the cake that Logan told him to eat after he sent Connor's mother to a mental health facility aka, in Roman's words, the funny farm.
Speaker 2: I need to know why was this not on the wedding clans.
Speaker 3: Why did he not mention no Victoria sponge cake, no Victoria's lunch.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is traumatic.
Speaker 3: His mom was sectioned so that Logan could go on his merry way Henry the Eighth style, and he.
Speaker 2: Gave his son Victoria's spongecake.
Speaker 3: Here he is on the happiest day of his life, marrying Paul Willa, and there's.
Speaker 2: A Victoria spongecake. This is terrible. I actually am on Connor's side.
Speaker 3: Yeahard the wedding clana, but they should have told the wedding.
Speaker 1: This is unbelievably just an unbelievably dark detail. Shiv gets a couple of calls from Tom which we think nothing of two calls, she sends her both to voicemail. That's unfortunate because had she picked up there, she would have understood that Logan was on his journey to the big shitter in the sky, attended to the rhythmic drumming of chest compressions done by the flight attendant. And as it turns out, Roman takes the call from Tom. Tom I think generously puts his cell phone near Logan's cold dead ear and lets Roman and Ken say goodbye to their dad. Shiv, who had gone off to deal with Connor, eventually gets her turn as well. Notable fact about the kind of type of person that Logan roy was that each of his children in turn, when they get their their moment next to their their dad's quickly icyeing ear is after saying you know we love you, they all say some version of I can't forgive you for all the fame you were a terrible po On his deathbed, They're all like, I care forgive you. So that brings us to our next prompt. Who are you betting on? Who is gonna be the next CEO of wastear Roco? Who do you got? Is it gonna be Ken? Is it gonna be Roman? Is it gonna be Shiv? Is it gonna be Tom? Is it gonna be Greg? Is it gonna be Hugo? Is it gonna be is gonna be Frank? You know.
Speaker 2: You have yet to mention the one person that I oldly think the board is gonna back.
Speaker 1: Tell me.
Speaker 3: I think they're gonna back Connor because they can just tell him to do whatever.
Speaker 2: They would be amazing, how funny would that be.
Speaker 3: Connor hates Logan, he knows that he is unwanted. But if you put Kendall, Shiv or Roman in that board seat, they are going to be trying to do hostile takeovers. They have the attention span of five year olds. By the way, they do not know how to make a deal. Even in this episode we see Shift say one thing to the press, then immediately go back on it because she needs to state her claim on what's going on.
Speaker 2: I think there's a verse version.
Speaker 3: I think Jerry will likely get power soon because they need an interim CEO, and the kids actually have backed Jerry in the past. Like I don't think there would be an issue there, But I think there's a terrible version of this.
Speaker 2: I thought that without these events which I did not see coming.
Speaker 3: I must say congratulations to Brian Cox for escaping this set and escaping Jeremy Strong.
Speaker 2: I'm proud of you, Brian. I'm happy for you.
Speaker 3: I'm happy Logan is dead because he's a terrible person. I thought there was a version where we would see Logan use ATM to essentially get Connor into a very strong political position, and I thought that would be a very good, bleak kind of reality and the analogous to the Fox News and the way the Murdocks use Fox News. Without that in plate, I actually think we could see Connor get the board backing to be the CEO because they see him as a puppet.
Speaker 2: Now they see him as someone with no vested interest.
Speaker 1: Would he have to forego his presidential campaign his dreams of the highest office in the Republic. Would he not have to suspend his campaign until further notice? Should he decide take up the top spot at waste ar Royco.
Speaker 3: I will say that post this wedding, which he was doing to keep his one percent, you know there, the one vaguely human thing that happens this episode is the choice to go on with the wedding and only like five people are there, and Logan's death absolutely out shines and once again takes all the emphasis off Connor and Connor's life and Connor's feelings. And I wonder if that one percent is not going to even be there after this, because being a roy means nothing without Logan, and also the attention that he was hoping to grab with this ridiculous you know, statue of Liberty Barge wedding is to be seen because Logan takes the stage, so he would have to morally and ethically and legally drop out. But I wonder if he would already be in that position and the board is offered him as a way of saying, well, you're not going to be president, but can you imagine if Shiv and moment and.
Speaker 1: To him, well, it is quite clear that with this, you know, with with Logan's quickly putrefying corpse, hour of the way, Uh, what we're going to see towards you know, in this the rest of this final season is going to be the interne scene fight for the top spot at Royko. We're going to see the kids torn apart, We're gonna see Sandy.
Speaker 2: The first season promise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is it. This is now the true successions on it.
Speaker 2: He actually dies. It's so smart. Also, can I just ask you before him?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 2: It's important question.
Speaker 3: Was Logan's death in the toilet? Was this like a mile high situation?
Speaker 1: I'm glad that you asked this. I do have this on my checklist. I think that this is one implied. I think that there's it's implied a little bit the way Carrie comes into, you know, into the room where Frank and Carl and Caroline are are starting to kind of flesh out what the response is going to be, right, she comes in with just this like like, oh my god, you guys, it was fucking crazy, what you know? Like that scene's this grins more listen, who knows. We all respond to stress and death in different ways. But it seemed as if she was taking it in a way that she was very very shaken me and perhaps there and I will say that it would not surprise me at all if as part of this kind of knives out fight that is coming, that that narrative isn't put out there by Shiv or one of the kids that oh, how do you go? He went? He was with Kerry in the in the mathroom. That's I went or one of one of his enemies. I'm sure that that will I think that that will be said. I will say, or.
Speaker 2: Even one of the board just to carry out.
Speaker 1: You don't need to cut her out. She's got nothing novant. She is a dead guy's former assistant. That's it. I will say my pick for CEO, I'm gonna go with the the the Jerry Roman duo. This is Roman had pitched this to Jerry. I love that in past seasons to run it as Batman and Robin. Jerry is the front person. Roman is the kind of Tarzan swinging through the trees. And I think that we will end up back at that.
Speaker 3: I think that's my that's my favorite pick if it was just about a choice.
Speaker 1: Back to our sorry. Word is starting to trickle out now that the Big Man has died, and it starts with Connor. Connor gets it is he takes He takes it extremely stoically. I mean he takes it like he and he just he just eats the punch, although he eventually gets more emotional. H And now people are starting to think about the effect of this news on the market. On the plane, Caroline and Frank and Carl are putting together their action plan. People need to be notified, mattson the board, et cetera. Wasttar needs a message to kind of soothe the market. Considering that Logan was, you know, seen as you know, basically the driving force of Waytar Roy car So what is the market's response gonna be now that he's gone. They make it very clear to a very frazzled Carrie that her skills i e. Fucking Logan Roy potentially in the bathroom in his final moments, are no longer needed. We don't need those kind of skills anymore. On the boat, Tom tells Greg the news and then tells him, Hey, stick with Sid delete certain files on my computer. I'd love to know what that's about. I gotta know what that's a time?
Speaker 2: Why does also like why does he trust Greg? Who I sweat to God almost immediately leaks this like very important news, and that's kind of why he told him.
Speaker 3: He says, Greg, people need to know I was that Logan And then yeah, unbelievable.
Speaker 1: And then he makes sure to tell Greg that get ready to start spreading the news that Logan wanted Sid out in his final moments. The kids, meanwhile on the boat are debating the wisdom of even offering a statement right now, and they wonder whether they should buy time by maybe having the plane with Logan's dead body on its circle for a little while. Not in a long time, but just like an hour or a couple hours or something like that. Willa admits that the wedding is in large part inspired by money, by Conner's money. Money is a factor, she says, but she frames it as security, which is I think is a nice way to say.
Speaker 2: It was a very sweet scene.
Speaker 3: Naturally, it was a very It was like the most honest thing that happened between them, probably throughout the whole area.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Con admits that he is, you know, feeling quite creaky and old, considering that he is thirty years Willis senior and his dad just died. Carolina then tells the kids that, hey, the news is starting to leak now, so we have to really are under the gun now. We got to get our response together. Jerry makes some suggestions again, acting like she was never fired, which makes a lot of sense, And now the maneuvering is just starting to begin. The kids, the plane, folks, Jerry, everyone is kind of jostling to be included in whatever statement is eventually issued. The press is there to meet the Death Bird. At the airport, we see Colin Logan's body man, who Logan told two episodes ago that he was his best friend. Colin looks absolutely shattered. He's on the same whatever boat that carry is on. Colin is on that boat with her because he has nothing now. Soon after Shiv makes the statement for the family, she praises Logan and tells the world that the kids intend to be a presence at Waste Star in the years to come. Our final question of the day the Gojo deal thumbs up er thumbs down? Does it go through? Does Lucas Mattson push through the Gojo deal? And if he doesn't, what happens with the Attendant Pierce deal. That is of course contingent on the kids getting the money from the Gojo sale.
Speaker 3: I wonder if Mattson is gonna want the Gojo deal but for less money. I wonder if that might be his card here because everything's unstable as we see as you kind of get this great moment at the end of the episode where Roman shows on his phone how the stocks have dropped because everyone knows Logan's dead and he says, that's Dad, and then they kind of all smile, And I think that's the moment when they realize they're free, instead of being upset and kind of shocked by the news. But I think with the absolutely tanking stocks and the fact that Matson was already aware that they were trying to force more money out of him, I wonder if he comes back with a counter deal that is lower that then goes on to fuck up the pierced deal.
Speaker 1: I wonder that too, because, as mentioned in the episode, one of Mattson's objections, in addition to the fact that the price was going up, was that he was paying for less because Logan was going to hold on to ATM and we'll carve out eightn So the price was going up, but he was getting less stuff. So I wonder, I think you're exactly right. I think he's going to say, well, price has got to come down, either that or give me at in Bagh. And I also wonder if he listen. I don't know how it works legally, even though this is market Moose your number one, your number one spas for the most informed opinion on all matters, due to you know that come from the economy. I do wonder if he might, would he put himself up for it? Would he put himself up for CEO?
Speaker 3: Oh maybe as part of the deal, we can do it for the same amount of money. But I will be CEO and also atm huh.
Speaker 2: I would be very interested to see it.
Speaker 3: I love Mattson and Scarsgard's performance is so good in him and Kendal are so chao together. I would love to see this kind of smash altogether. But I just can't wait to see the chaos to come because those stock prices are going to be WBD back then for the foresteeable future.
Speaker 1: Final question, who is your winner and loser? Your winner and loser in the wake of the death of the big man himself Logan Roy, But up up up, He's loving death, big winner, big loser. Going forward, Who's gonna thrive and who is gonna Who's gonna really be missing that that sweet Logan energy.
Speaker 2: Big loser, it's Logan Roy first and foremost.
Speaker 3: He's lost his life, He's lost everything. But in the wake of that, I actually sad to say this because I am a Roman fan. I think Roman is the big loser coming out of this this destabilizes him. I hope that he can grab on to Jerry and make that apology. She's really pushing him away right now, but I would love to see them team up.
Speaker 2: But Roman is obsessed with the.
Speaker 3: Idea that his dad heard his last horrible voicemail where he said this terrible thing. Roman is in this position where he fired Jerry, but the rest of the kids don't know, and he can never tell them because otherwise it shows that he betrayed them.
Speaker 2: He felt like he just.
Speaker 3: Had this moment of connection with his dad and then his dad died. So I think coming out of this he is from the core trio. He is struggling. Kerry obviously lost, Colin lost, Logan lost, but I think Rome is our main, main loser, big winner, probably just Kendall, because I think he's actually very happy about this, Like that's my funniest business wise, who knows.
Speaker 2: I think Kendall is a fool, but Jeremy Strong was.
Speaker 3: Delivering some great Kendall being constantly on the edge of just trauma and also ecstasy, like he can't quite believe he outlived his dad, and I think we could see this power him forward to the.
Speaker 2: To the President everyone's becoming the president.
Speaker 1: My winner and loser, my winner. I'm going to say Frank, Frank Is has always been the only alongside Jerry, I guess you would say, the only like humane person in this terrible, terrible, terrible company filled with terrible people. He handles Ken. You know, when Ken starts going into you know, fueled by grief, Ken starts doing is Ken. I want, get me, get me the greatest heart doctors in the world. I need them on I need them on the line in one minute. I want to know who, you know who the medical service this airline uses. I want that plane turned around. I want to all this and that, and I want to talk to the pilot. And then frank Is like Frank cools him, genesis, like son. Pilots find the plane and he just handles it well. And I hope that in the wake of this, Frank will find a measure of freedom and liberty from the intensely toxic atmosphere that he is student for forty years. Big loser, you know, I I honestly I think it's Kerry. She has no allies, her one. If she has something as armor, it is going to be that she knows bad stuff that happened, she was right there.
Speaker 2: She might she might be in a Tom position.
Speaker 1: She might have a map to a significant number of mass graves. And if she does have that, then maybe she'll have a soft landing, uh, you know, landing on a pile of money. But otherwise I would imagine that kids are going to be out to get her. I would imagine she you know, certainly, the way that Carolina Frank and carltreated her was cold shoulder at best. And I don't think she's going to have anybody really there looking out for her interests. So I think it's going to be very, very tough for her going forward. Also also Greg, I don't know, you know, unless Tom can hang on, Greg better hope that Tom can hang on, because then I think cousin Greg is in a lot of trouble.
Speaker 3: I think there's a version of this because we know Jesse Armstrong, we know Peep Show, we know the kind of dark satire and comedy that he brings to this, you know, fantastic show with succession. I do imagine that there's a world where cousin Greg could end up being the CEO. I don't know how, but you know that it would be the nightmare like corporate nepotism. But yeah, good luck to cousin Greg, because we love that tall four that.
Speaker 1: Has been your market moves for.
Speaker 5: Up next, Yellowjackets, We're stepping out of the airlock and into Yellow Jackets Season two, Episode three, Yes, and things are going bad, going terrible the delightfully named Digestive, directed by Jeffrey W.
Speaker 2: Bird and written by Sarah L. Thompson and Amini Rosa.
Speaker 3: Jackie's bleeding skeleton is gesturing us back into the wilderness God, where a poor assistant coach Ben is basically disassociating in his own past to escape the truth of what he saw at the end of last episode. Spoiler alert, it was kids eating Jackie's body. Yeah, all of them feasting delicious as he dreams of non cannibalistic meals that his loving boyfriend used to cook him.
Speaker 2: They're now delightfully full of human meat.
Speaker 3: Team are dealing with the realities of the feast, and some of them are doing better than others.
Speaker 2: Nat she's dealing with it quite well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she just like we did it. We needed to survive.
Speaker 3: She's rightfully kind of like grossed out, but she's pragmatic about the survival nature. Tie, on the other hand, comes out of the cabin absolutely freaking out.
Speaker 2: Somebody ate Jackie. Something ate Jackie? What happened to Jackie? And Van strolls out and Van's like.
Speaker 3: We ate her, Like what are you talking about? And Tye is like, no, it was nighttime, Tie, I was sleeping.
Speaker 2: I would never do it.
Speaker 3: Van assures her that she was fully awake. You were talking to me and live. Hewson says, well, I'm sure, He's like, immediately an a more all line. She says, Tye, you ate her face.
Speaker 1: I got to say. I am quickly growing tired of Tie not getting help. Tye like, I don't know how you got this far in life, but you need to resign from your state senator, I'm telling you, and you need to seek help immediately, because this is serious.
Speaker 3: And it has been going on for like twenty five years at least at.
Speaker 1: Least at least and it will only become more as we talk about.
Speaker 3: This episode, and and she is wealthy enough that she could get private he big. It does not have to be a pressed please free for all, just please, This Freddy Krueger caffeine pill nonsense is gonna end.
Speaker 2: Very badly for.
Speaker 1: You, very very badly.
Speaker 2: It's really bad. Coach assistant Ben also not doing well in the nineties Wilderness.
Speaker 3: He's like trying his hardest to become the next meal, sassing up Nat as she kind of comes up with quite a good plan to just pack up Jackie's remains and put them on the plane, and he's like, at least if you put her body on the plane, you can pretend she died with the rest of them trying.
Speaker 2: To come brunch. It's it's just terrible plans all around.
Speaker 3: In the present, Nat is investigating what he's carl and Taisa, who's exceedingly needs help, is holding vigil over her critically injured wife, who, if you've forgotten, is critically injured because.
Speaker 2: Ty crashed her car on purpose with her wife in it.
Speaker 3: Not only that, Nighttime Tie Daytime Tie, who knows one of the Ties, has drawn the creepy cult symbol on her comatos wife's hand, So all going badly for time. Miss Misty is on a romantic journey of her own, heading to meet her Reddit crime board Frenemie Walter, played delightfully by Elijah Wood, who's just so wonderful He's set up a little meet cute where they're going to pretend to be FBI agents.
Speaker 2: Incredibly illegal, but very much but Miss's dream.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Missy's old had at this illegal stuff.
Speaker 2: She's like, she's better at it than what she knows what's going on in the game plan.
Speaker 1: She immediately knew's how we're going to do it. Here's what you're going to do. You're gonna need to rough this guy up a little bit. She knew it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately the guy they need to rough up is that actually like Misty's old school friend Randy, who in season one Jeff told about his little blackmail scam. So the pair have to basically play murder Serrano de Bergiac, with Misty hiding in the boat and whispering sweet questions and violent threats into Walter's earpiece for him to tell Randy. I can't even believe that it took this long to get to her, because she is such She's just a void of chaos and truly is at the center of everything that is insane in this show.
Speaker 1: I gotta say, Missy, like everybody except Misty is kind of on a villain arc right now. I'm telling you, Shauna villain arc she's about We're.
Speaker 2: About to get to her villain ark.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's talk about that villain arc.
Speaker 3: Because because because you're right, Misty, she's still standing out as the hero.
Speaker 2: So Shauna Molly whops.
Speaker 3: Her carjacker where Jeff tries to take her on a romantic trip because he feels like they're not spontaneous enough and that that's why she had an affair with Adam, and she goes full Rambo punching a carjacker in the hand, stealing his gun. Now we'll say, Jeff fucks this up because it was a pretty sick move by Sean as psycho.
Speaker 2: As she was.
Speaker 3: John was shit, Yeah, Melanie lynsky wick and it was I have to say, very good Jeff. Unfortunately, you know, freaks out the car gets stolen, and that will come back to bite Jeff. Especially Lottie at the cult is showing that her beehives saying increasingly creepy things about them, alluding to how the girls ate Jackie and how that's similar to wasps and bees killing each other. It isn't brutal, it's natural. Otherwise they starve, we all do.
Speaker 2: That's an important illusion.
Speaker 3: I feel like that we will get back to as the episode comes to the end. In the woods, Nat teen Nat, who is truly the only logical person left. She's packing up Jackie's body. She refuses to drink Lotti's blood tea.
Speaker 2: As protection.
Speaker 3: I would say that, but almost immediately she almost gets killed by a giant white moose, So maybe she should have drink the bloody Now, let me stop you.
Speaker 1: Here is this mood? What this is?
Speaker 6: It?
Speaker 1: Real? Is it? Here's our first opportunity to be like, what the fuck is going on out here? What is happening? Is that it was the moose reel? Is this some sort of multi dimensional thing where you know the boundaries between realities?
Speaker 2: Or or is it a computer generated image?
Speaker 1: Is is it like a haunted forest type of thing? What is happening?
Speaker 3: Because the moose comes at her, knocks the plane, you know, it's it's huge, and then it disappears.
Speaker 2: Did run away? Is it real? It's very unclear and nobody has the wherewithal to be thinking about that because they're all just absolutely traumatized by what they did. And Lotty decides the best way for them to keep dealing with things and to cheer Shawn her up who's feeling slightly guilty about eating her bff. Is that they're gonna plan like the world's grimes baby showers. Oh good, everyone has to uh make gifts for the baby.
Speaker 3: Also important to note here, I think Lotty seems to think Slash know that the baby is a boy.
Speaker 2: She keeps calling it a hymn. So is this one of Lotty's visions? Is something there? I don't know. We'll likely find out about that as it goes on.
Speaker 3: It's very strange, but not as strange as Missy's unexpectedly moving steel magnoliously going in.
Speaker 2: You just believe it.
Speaker 1: On the rewatch when she announces it and there's like and she's like and now a speech from steel Manolis.
Speaker 3: And her Sally Field voice, she's like going ham In the modern day, Walter is, you know, following Misty's orders. He's slapping Randy, he's pulling out a little bonecutter.
Speaker 2: He's threatening him.
Speaker 3: But you know, Randy is like a stone cold idiot, so he doesn't have any good information except there were a strange group of people wearing.
Speaker 2: Purple at the motel.
Speaker 3: We know that Lottie's cult loves to wear heliotrope. I believe she calls it, so seems like Misty might be onto something. As the girls continue to prepare for the Nightmare baby shower, Mary is going full Lady Macbeth. She's hearing a dripping which which I'm sure is going to come into play. Nobody else can hear it. But she's always hearing and dripping. Oh can nobody else hear that? You can't perceive that.
Speaker 2: I wonder what that could be out? Yeah, drip, drip please, it's you know, very Edgar Allan Poe of and Misty.
Speaker 3: Look, I'm gonna say this is a suggestion that I do think adds fuel to that is Misty the Antler queen fire, but it's also, once again not necessarily incorrect on a survival level. She reveals to us and to Crystal that she had pitched turning Jackie's bones into a broth for the people for the kids to drink and eat act the baby shower. As Crystal says, a party is no fun without snacks, So Misty's really found.
Speaker 2: A twin flame there.
Speaker 3: But the plan's rejected, and while Misty's kind of a chill vibe about it, is a red flag.
Speaker 2: For her sociopathic behavior.
Speaker 3: I will say he's probably right ari surviv she is probably, but they could have probably done with it.
Speaker 2: Coach Ben is delusional freak outs.
Speaker 3: He's well, no, you know what he did see a little kid crawling along the floor with a rabid mouth planning to eat him.
Speaker 2: Maybe that was actually real. I mean, will the same style.
Speaker 1: In the sense because it had me wondering obviously, like people are not. You know, Coach Ben did not partake of the meal that was had the other night, so this could be just hunger hallucinations. But also it's true. You know, there's a lot of weird things going on in this wood. I wonder if there was something else going on, whether it's magic or whatever. You know, weird thing is happening out here that we have yet to figure out. That is obviously tied to that symbol that we keep seeing, but we don't know. So I I was unclear whether he was being tortured by some kind of vision that was caused by something, or if he's just like hungry and scared and cold and he just like is afraid that they with cars that they might eat him. He might be I really.
Speaker 3: I like that reading because also I do think we're getting into deep unreliable narrator territory at this point. We don't know what we're seeing or what we're being shown that is actually true or is just how the girls or Ben or whoever is perceiving what's going on in the forest.
Speaker 2: Ben is just he's hiding in the back room. He's laid up.
Speaker 3: He doesn't want to talk that Travis when Travis checks in on him, and he's practically just disassociating full time to survive. He's thinking about his lovely boyfriend and how his boyfriend broke up with him just before Ben left for Nationals because he wasn't comfortable coming out.
Speaker 2: Of the closet.
Speaker 3: And it's this really interesting, grounded, kind of emotional story arc that Ben is going on in his head while the girls get ready to celebrate their baby. This wilderness sacrifice, what's coming there is a good juxtaposition here of Ben's life before the wilderness, and you can understand why he's ruminating on it compared to his life in the wilderness. Now, we get a big reveal here this week, which is Van finally learns more about the mystery of Tie's sleepwalking when She asks Nighttime Tie if she can join her on her little Sonambalist jaunt as long as she unbinds her from the ropes. Nighttime Tie says yes, and she explains to Van that the man with no eyes has been telling her where to go if you don't remember him. He's the Vincent from pulp fiction looking suit wearing guy but with no eyes, who Tie saw in the mirror when her grandmother died, and it seems to be some kind of familial hereditary ghosts or delusion, and he is now clearly connected to whatever's going on in the forest. She also says that she's not Tie. She talks about Tie in the third person, and when Van wakes Tie up, Ty has no memory and it seems like I would say Tie lies to Van about the man with no eyes because that's been recurring for her day time night Time.
Speaker 2: She's seen him throughout the series.
Speaker 1: Is this a ghost story? Is that what's going on?
Speaker 2: Is this kind of worked out too? Is it actually a ghost in it?
Speaker 3: At Pailey Fest the one of the co show runners, Ashley Lyle, who also co created the show, she talked about how people wanted to know about the Man with No Eyes and she was kind of saying no, and then Tawny Cypress, who plays adult Tie, got up and was like, you have to tell us, like you've kept it from us for so long, and kind of bullied her into it. And she said she sees the man with no eyes kind of as you could see him as death incarnate. That's like how Tie sees him, she said, So this kind of almost an apparition of what you see before you die. But she also said that he represents the unknown, which is something Ties very scared of. So I do wonder if we're getting into that kind of spiritual end of life, that's someone you see when you die. If he is Death in Karnate, then let's talk about the lost potential hair are.
Speaker 2: The girls already dead?
Speaker 3: I think we're getting to the stage now where we can ask that is this purgatory?
Speaker 1: I am now wondering if there isn't something like they cheated death or something like they should have died. Yeah, they should have died, but they didn't, and that's why they are being hounded by this fell luck in the years after. I will say that, like, then you gotta fucking tie Tie like you had a tire. She can't be walking around. I know you have very warm feelings towards her, and listen when she's and daytime. Tie is a nice person. Yeah, but you I'm sorry, but we got to really really tire up, like like very very very tightly. She cannot be allowed to roam around the woods doing who knows what, taking shits, jumping off cliffs, potentially killing people.
Speaker 3: We can't literally please stop it. Yeah, and also why is she always going to the symbol?
Speaker 2: I think Van is on something. Van's like, Bro, you got to talk to Laurie.
Speaker 3: You've got to try and understand what's going on with the symbol, Like what is the crying ties?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 3: No, not having it nothing is a coincidence. It's not a coincidence, my friend. Well, it is clear that the symbol is somehow connected to whatever Tie is experiencing and has sleepwalking.
Speaker 1: I will say that it does seem like the symbol can be found at these moments where death is closest. It was at the cliff where Tied was gonna maybe jump off. She put it you know, on her on her ex partner's hand. Now that she's very very close to death. It was on the window. I want I and so I wonder if there's it's either a ward or you're calling death. You're trying to ward it off, but it does seem like it's it's there in those moments where there is a coin flip happening and it's like heads you live, tails you die.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that. I think that's a great point.
Speaker 3: And Lotty seems to think it's protection, but it could also be that you're calling down.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Present day Jeff, making everyone look incredibly suspicious as always, goes up to Cop Kevin in the gym Terrible Sea. Oh it's all going wrong, and he's going up to him saying, my wife didn't do anything, and Kevin's like, well, guess what. Somebody told me that your wife's having an affair. And that's a good source because guess what it was. It was fucking Cali the worst she told him last week. And then sure not who Jeff should probably be spending time with instead of harassing a cop is on her union shit going to get her Mini Van Melanie Lynsky just goes absolutely ham here as she gives the monologue of a lifetime, adding more fuel to the.
Speaker 2: Fire that she is the antler Queen.
Speaker 3: Here's just a snippet. Have you ever peeled the skin off a human corpse. It's not as easy as you might think. It's really stuck on us skin. You have to roll back the edges of it just so you can get a good grip to really pull, which again isn't easy. People are so sweaty when you kill them, just like Oily Nightmare. But you know what gonna say, it works. She gets the minibaundpack.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this, people are so sweaty when you kill them. Who else has Shanna killed?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: I think she's killed, She's has she committed in the past, because I think she might revolution very believable that she's killed multiple people.
Speaker 3: I think in the forest she is the person who kills the people that they eat later on over this like nineteen months.
Speaker 2: I also look, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Because Jeff is kind of like a himbo darling who very shocked and innocent. But I do feel like those two have killed or covered up a murder before, and that's how they get their little marriage kicks and keep things fresh.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you, I I need to know what Shauna has been up to in the years preceding when we catch up with her in the present day, because it really feels like there is the dark side to her is a lot darker and a lot deeper than we ever imagined, and I would not be shocked to learn that she has committed multiple, multiple non forest murders.
Speaker 2: Yes, big big serial killers. Mix above and see and she gets so many bound back. Good for her.
Speaker 1: X ray vision will be back.
Speaker 2: And we're back back in the cabin.
Speaker 3: There is this I love this scene because I think it leans into what we were talking about, like unreliable narrators, like different versions of the past and the present merging together. Also, I will just say before I talk about this moment, Yellowjackets Socials did a post where they said this is our multiverse.
Speaker 2: Now I don't know if that.
Speaker 3: Was just a mistaken post that was because like there's two different timelines. But to me, I'm also like, does that mean we're in multiverse territory and they're different universes?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: And Ben is definitely wishing that he could live in a different universe, and we get to see a glimpse of that here where it shows him going back to his boyfriend and saying I love you. I'm going to come out of the closet. I'm going to live with you openly. We're gonna move in together, and it's gonna be great, because if I don't do this, I'm gonna be the most boring, depressed version of myself.
Speaker 2: I was hoping that this was.
Speaker 3: Something he said, and then he was like, I don't want to let the girls down, so I'm gonna go to Nationals.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: We learn then that Ben is imagining what could have happened if he'd done that, as the news begins to play a story about the plane crash that he wouldn't have been.
Speaker 1: On Bump bumb Bum.
Speaker 3: It's really heartbreaking and gutting, and the thesis is like, come out of the closet and you won't die in a fiery crash.
Speaker 2: So it's it's really bleak and sad stuff.
Speaker 3: And I actually felt for Coach Ben in this moment, where usually I'm kind of I'm a Coach Ben agnostic. So Misty is now giving that famous Steel Magnolias performance that we mentioned. By the way, chose a speech about a dead daughter our baby shower, very weird.
Speaker 1: Flex absolutely bizarre choice for.
Speaker 3: Bizarre and like you mentioned, It begins with this kind of heckling and a couple of people clapping, but by the end the group is like crying. They're giving her rousing applause. People are smiling, and I think she's finally getting to move back up the social ladder of the wilderness post, you know, poisoning everyone. It seems like she finally get to to be having a friend.
Speaker 1: Tie yes again. I just somebody needs to stop her. She needs to be TI needs to be stopped.
Speaker 3: She needs to go and get some help, whatever that means when you're incredibly wealthy and a maybe haunted by a ghost ghost rehab. I don't know she has enough money to get help. I don't know why she's doing this. She's ignoring Misty's phone calls. She's putting herself in a dangerous situation. And that leads to one of the creepiest scenes from this season actually, where Tye sees a nightmare reflection of herself with kind of red eyes, which I guess is maybe a bit of a nighttime tie signifier, and the other tie in the mirror is moving of her own accord. She wants something from daytime tie, and when Tye kind of asks her finally, what do you want? She covers half of her face well, making the dooms coming moss.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so let me. The way I interpreted that hand gesture was she was making the symbol with her fingers.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so good.
Speaker 1: Like they those dashes, you know, go to the side with that. Yeah, that was the way I perceived it was that she was making the symbol across her face and over her eye.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so crazy, So.
Speaker 1: Again calling into question the idea that the symbol could be about seeing who is this person that she's dealing with. Is it her from another dimension? And is the symbol how they communicate with this dimension? I don't know, but it felt like, again we were seeing the symbol, but in a in a different formula.
Speaker 2: New way, in a new way.
Speaker 3: I love that, And I love that double reading too, because so much of the show is subjective. So I was like, oh, it must be like the mosque that she wore with Van at homecoming. She wants you know, she wants Van, and I do wonder if that's the case, why would Nighttime Tie.
Speaker 2: Want Van there?
Speaker 3: Because Van was one of the few people who actually tried to stop her. We know adult Van has been cast Lauren Ambrose, so maybe we'll be seeing her soon. But either way, it's bad times for Tie and she's losing control and she is yet to ask anyone for help. Yeah, in any way, shape or form, Walter is doing his best to flirt with Misty. She's having absolutely none of it.
Speaker 2: But I love this moment.
Speaker 3: We get this moment between them where it seems like he's flirting, he wants them to spend the night together, to have a drink together, but really he's kind of probing her about why she's down shouting his posts. I think this is very interesting to ask you a question. What do you think about Walter's intentions? Is he a yellowjacket Superstan? Does he actually like Misty? Or is he just trying to find out what happened to Adam and she's just a tool on his chin.
Speaker 1: It's all of the above. I think it's he quite rightly suspects that there's more going on with Adam unless we get to the bottom of that. I think that him saying that he doesn't care about the Yellow Jackets, which we think we see in the in the upcoming scenes. Right the those scenes from next week's episode feels a little bit. Uh, you know the lady Lady doth protest too much, right, I think that agree one of the I'm a mystery freak and one of the biggest mysteries I don't care about the last couple decades. I don't care. God, I just did not care about it. I could not care less. I'm just on the Internet trying to solve mysteries all day, but this one I don't. I'm not interested. I think I think that he's very interested, and I think that to your point, I think that he is. He correctly suspects that there's more going on with Adam, and I think he would love more information about the Yellow Jackets and what is going on with them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's this great tear tet here too, where Misty makes up this lie just sociopathically fast, about how she's protecting Adam's mother, who was so heartbroken because he was an addict, and she just wants to protect this poor woman. And then you're like, oh, wow, that was really creepy. I kind of forgot you could do that. And then she's like, you know, you must know because you brought your mom to the nursing home where I work and He's.
Speaker 1: Like, that's not my mom.
Speaker 3: He's like, that's just some random woman I know. And you know, it meant I could come and see you. And Misty was like, why would you do that? And he says this line. I mean, these two are definitely big. They got big joker Harlequin in the yellowjackets. Yeah, world energy.
Speaker 2: He says, maybe I'm just a bored Moriarty looking for a shirln I.
Speaker 1: Mean, at this point, I feel like, Misty, this is wonderful and I'm rooting for these these really, really truly unhinged kids. That said, if I'm Misty, I think you got to put your defenses up a little bit at that.
Speaker 3: You know, Moriarty is somebody says they're Moriarty, you gotta say, that's a red flag.
Speaker 1: And also the reveal that he is at the nursing home specifically to see her, not for any other reason to make contact with her.
Speaker 2: Red flag, big red flag.
Speaker 3: And you know, Lotti is trying to work through things with Nat and make her believe that she's at the wellness cult out of choice. She teams her up with Lisa, you know, played by Nicole Mayins, who Nat stabbed with a fork Lotty in true unhinged fashion. I have to say, I don't know what's going on with the wellness space. It doesn't seem good to me. But it's not obviously the supernatural cult we thought. But this is a big red flag with the white reflegs. She gives Lisa a fork and says to her, if you want to stab Natalie, like go for it, just just do it and like see how it goes. But Lisa is extremely chill. Yeah, she's living the good life. That intentional community is working for her because she drops the fork, hugs Nat and forgives her. And I think that has quite a profound impact on Naw.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: I mean this was, first of all, it was chilling the way Lottie says and if you want to hurt her you can, and I think you should. That was absolutely bone chilling, and it really it felt like a big thing for her to not do it and forgive her. And you know what, Nat is a person who, whether she knows it or not, is looking for that grace from everyone around her. She is looking for someone to say, you know what, it's okay.
Speaker 3: I think she would love to give it to other people too. I think but in that moment, Juliette Lewis does so much acting. She's so shocked and moved by Lisa's choice to do that. I'm very interested to see where.
Speaker 2: That relationship goes. Yeah, in the past.
Speaker 3: Nat is not feeling very forgiving or graceful when Lotti I have to say, this is fucked up. When Lottie decides that the best present for Shanna's baby is a blanket with the cult symbol stitched onto it, Natalie is like, bro, this symbol was found among a dead man.
Speaker 2: This is bad.
Speaker 1: Lot.
Speaker 3: He's like, Nah, it's cool, man like he was using it for protection and that's like, well, he's dead, so it didn't really work, and tis about to step up. It seems like her and Nat are really the only two logical kind of team logic people left in the cabin.
Speaker 2: But Shanna gets a.
Speaker 3: Nose bleed and her nose very I would say my first thought was this is coming from eating human flesh. Nose bleed Like, this is a you ate too much of your friend nosebleed. The blood drips onto the symbol and immediately just hundreds of crows kill themselves by flying into the cabin.
Speaker 1: I'm telling about the blood magic. It's something, something's happening, Something is super I am. I am convinced now that something is supernatural.
Speaker 3: I think that there is at least there is a supernatural element to whatever else is going on here, whether there's some kind of esp thing like some weapon X program in the forest, whatever it is, there is a level of extrasensory something activity, yes occurring. So if you're wondering if Team Logic or Team Supernatural is winning, Nat makes a very very good point. She's like, do not touch those crows. They are probably sick, seeing as they all just died. And Lot he's like, nah, gather the blessings, and all of the girls apart from Nat and Tye just start picking up the crows and taking them into the cabin.
Speaker 1: Folks, What the fuck is going on?
Speaker 2: What is OK?
Speaker 3: So this is where speaking of this, the episode ends on a big what the fuck is going on? Moment where I think we can really dive into this like dimensional ideas ideas of parallels with Lost, which this is season is really I feel like kind of trolling people.
Speaker 2: With like intentionally.
Speaker 3: Lotti in the present goes to her Beehigh, which she was telling that about that she obviously cares about.
Speaker 2: And the bees are all dead.
Speaker 3: The hives are full of blood, and she's, you know, her hands are covered in blood. Somebody's killed her bees. It seems really just absolutely alarming to her. But it's just a vision, it seems, And visions of dead animals can mean lots of things, like they can talk about grief and trauma, but they can also mean great evil is coming. And the song behind Lottie as she has this vision says, can't stop what's coming, can't stop what's on its way. So I'm guessing that this is a bad omen, whether it is real or not.
Speaker 1: There's also let me look at the lyrics to this, there is also, uh, I think one of the it says something about a portal. Also in that time, I'm sure it's really feels like there's something trying to come into this world and what is it? I think you know, you and I both coming into this season where like a lot is much more clued in. She might be behind all of this. She knows more about what's going on maybe than the rest of them. And now it's quite clear that Lottie, though profoundly affected by her experiences in the Woods, and despite the fact that she was something of the spiritual leader of the girls in the woods, is just as mystified as to what is happening is that everybody else.
Speaker 3: I think it's really interesting to see how she almost like it almost feels like she didn't have a lot of agency and being put in this position by the girls. It was more to do with these strange coincidences or things that occurred, and lot his own struggles with mental health, and they kind of put her on this pedestal. And I found it really interesting that earlier Lottie had talked about the bees as annas for the girls, and then at the end you see that the bees are all dead. So is this leaning into our kind of final destination? They should have died and now they have to die again. Is death or some kind of supernatural thing hunting them down? Is that like Travis ended up dying, or is this more of that that's a different version of the world, a different universe where these visions are not necessarily untrue, but there's something pushing through from the other side.
Speaker 2: I think there's a lot of really fun I am very impressed.
Speaker 3: Basically that this show can get more intriguing as it goes on in its second season, when the first season was just such an explosive kind of zeitgeist hitting smash. It's really hard to keep the mystery going. But every week I come out of this like, what the fuck I.
Speaker 2: Have going on?
Speaker 1: I need so no super producer Saul put the title of the song in our chat, and here is the lyric, and through the lifeli whlse, there goes her friend and her and Nashiki. It's out of time, and through the portal they can make amend. So there it is the word portal. I I mean, it feels like they're telling us that there is something in some other dimension. And also, you know, for our house of the dragon heads and for our kind of Norse mythology slash various other forms of mythology. Heads, a white elk or a white moose or a white animal in general is often quite symbolic of a thing, usually a protector, which makes me feel like, man, I wonder if there's some like bigger battle between good and light and dark going on here that these girls are somehow trapped up in. I have no idea where it's going. That's the thing. Either this is you know other shows like, Yeah, here's what I think might happen, Here's what I think this one. I'm flummoxed at the end of every episode. I'm like, I don't know, just tell me what happens to and I love it.
Speaker 2: I love every second of it all.
Speaker 1: Right up next nerd Out.
Speaker 3: In this week's ned Out, where you tell us what you love and why oh a theory you're excited to share. Victor pictures us on the two thousand and five film sky High.
Speaker 6: Hi, this is Victor from Kentucky and I want to tell you about my nerd out, which is the two thousand and five movie sky High. It is essentially a John Hughes inspired superhero movie that has rated PG. This came out when I was in my mid twenties. There weren't a lot of superhero movies after Spider Man, X Men. There's kind of a gap there. This was right before Marvel started doing its thing. So watch this Disney movie that came out as made for preteens.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure, but I fell in love with it.
Speaker 6: I think it's fantastic. If you look at the cast, you may be surprised to just see how many people you recognize from it, of course. Kelly Preston, Kurt Russell, Michael and Gerano stars in it. Nicholas Brown is in it, Bris Campbell, a lot of people you're going to recognize. But it's just it's very sweet, it's very charming. It has some pretty good action scenes in it. If you're looking for something superhero ish that you could watch with your kids, or even if you don't have kids, you're still going to enjoy it. So that is my nerd out. Two thousand and five's Sky High, a movie that should have gotten a sequel, so far it hasn't happened.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thanks Victor. If you have theories or passions you want to share, hit us up at x ray at crooked dot com. Instructions as always are in the show notes.
Speaker 1: Well that's it for us. Rosie and he plugs plugs, bok plug book bulks.
Speaker 3: Yes, you can find me here twice a week and I'm at Rosie marks on Instagram and letterbox and this week you should all go out and watch ry Lane. It is a really sweet London set rom com. If you want to know what people who haven't lived in America for seven years sound like when they come from on then watch this incredibly sweet, wonderful movie from rain Alan Miller. I think everyone will love it, and I think it's gonna be like a contemporary classic.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say it. Every week until May nineteenth. Watch Primo on Amazon Freeeaay nineteenth from Mike Sure and four time New York Times best selling author Chay Serrano comes the heartwarming and very very funny single cam comedy called Primo only on Amazon Preview May nineteenth. Catch the next episode of x ray Vision Friday fourteenth for more Mandalorian, plus an interview with the always super super super hilarious Ben Schwartz as we discuss his very good movie Renfield.
Speaker 2: Very good, just drag you off.
Speaker 1: It's good. We've seen it, and it's good.
Speaker 2: We've seen it. It's good.
Speaker 1: And of course remember we're bringing you two episodes a week now, two episodes a week Wednesday and Friday. Wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 3: And if you want to watch us as well as listen to us, you can subscribe on YouTube where we post full episodes of the show.
Speaker 2: Follow us on.
Speaker 3: Twitter at XRV pod, and check out the discord to meet and hang out with tons of amazing fans, listeners who all love this kind of stuff as much as we do.
Speaker 2: And me and Jason pop up in that.
Speaker 1: Five star reviews, five star ratings. We need them, we gotta have them. You got to give them to us. Here's one from Waterman Runner H two O Man Runner Deep Dive Analysis. Here is extraordinary, energetic, articulate and rich. Well, my I glad I stumbled on these two. This is if Central Casting Heavens opened up and located the perfect due to speak with the authority and in a relatable manner on pop culture topics that I'm attracted to. Thank you, Thank you, That's wonderful. X ray Vision is a Crooked Media production. The show is produced by Chris Lord and Saul Roubin. The show is executive produced by myself and Sandy's rhard Are Editing and sound designers by Vacillis Photopoulos, Dylon Villanueva and Matt Group provide video production support. Alex Rellerford handle social media. Thank you Brian Vasquez for the music.
Speaker 2: You next time, folks, Bye
Speaker 6: Mm hmm