Speaker 1: Birdland. That one was crazy. The Orioles won a game Monday night that devised belief. They had one hit until the ninth inning. They were down to a one to two count. One more strike games over, they get shut out, and this show would have a different tone. But it didn't happen. Butsio came through, so did the Orioles seven late runs for a wild and crazy seven to five win at Kansas City. It was much needed and we got a lot to dissect over the next hour after that game, Steve, Tim and Brad another edition of Birdland Territory. We've acknowledged a couple times. These amazing wins don't often lead to win streaks, and the Oriols are zer for two in that regard. Maybe the third time will be the charm here, guys. But it felt different. It felt good, and I think some pressure maybe was relieved off this team with a victory. I hope.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think we've talked about before.
Speaker 3: Momentum is really hard to keep a game to game in one hundred and six to two game season. But I always thought these extra inning games where you kind of feel like your back's against the wall, you don't know if you're going to come through, you're waiting for somebody to come through. And I don't know, just the extra inning wins always had a different feel after winning them, especially a tight game like that, where I mean, like we said, if they don't get that hit in the ninth, we're talking completely different today. But it's there's just something different, and I think giving themselves a couple more innings there, they got the offense going hit a big Grand Slam in the twelfth, But I don't know, it just feels a little bit different when you win those extra aning, hard fought games, especially when you don't score in those extra inning frames to begin with, and you shut them out to give your offense another chance. So I really liked what happened there in the extra is not so much the first eight innings, but that doesn't really matter. It's all about getting that You got to get the twenty seven outs and the Royals weren't able to do it, and the Ools capitalized on it.
Speaker 4: A bizarre game, guys, right, Like, it was so frustrating watching it through the first you know, eight and two thirds of the game, where the Orioles went thirty batters between hits. Taylor war getting the double in the first inning, and then Samuel Basil with two outs to go in the ninth. There was one stretch where fourteen consecutive Orioles were retired and it was funny.
Speaker 5: I was texting a buddy of mine.
Speaker 4: While watching that game, and I kept thinking, man like, the Royals had been dominating this game.
Speaker 5: Everywhere besides the scoreboard.
Speaker 4: They had so many chances to blow open that game, but they were just unable to deliver that blow. They had three bases loaded situations and didn't come through, two of them with two outs. One of them, Kyle Bradish, got out with no outs. The Royals had a chance to really take command of the game, but they kept the Orioles in and the Orioles took advantage.
Speaker 2: I think they were to.
Speaker 1: Their last strike guys, and it was Besidoh tying that game, and Beavers gave them a lead to Veris and Besio again in the twelfth and go ahead, Brad, what were you about to say now?
Speaker 3: I was just gonna say, I think the Orioles are I mean, the royals losing streak had played into this a little bit, because teams seemed to find a way to lose when you're on one of these losing streaks, and I think it just kind of played into the Oriole's hand there where they weren't able to take advantage of any of these opportunities they had, which was it felt like from inning one to inning seven, they had an opportunity to score every single time and extend the lead, and they just weren't able to bright.
Speaker 4: I remember you bringing up on a prior episode just what type of lift it can give a team winning this type of long game, a twelve inning game where you really had to grind, there were self inflicted mistakes, but you ended up making the plays necessary to win the game. Like what was the clubhouse feeling last night in a game like that?
Speaker 3: I think they were super pumped. Like I said, I think that was a really uplifting win. I know we talked about the win against the Diamondbacks last week and how we were hoping that would kind of, you know, propel it.
Speaker 2: Into a further winning streak.
Speaker 3: But winning games like that is huge when you have every single guy in the bullpen basically contribute. That was available last night, even getting Tyler Wells up there in an extreme emergency situation. They just you can tell they were super pumped. Tyler Wells actually made a comment as he was going by the camera he was pumped up. It's just it's really uplifting like that and having, you know, rookies step up and guys who don't have tons of experience step up and get big outs. Rico Garcia continues to just be amazing for this team and uplift them in ways that I don't think anybody saw coming. It's just it's wins like that where it was a true team win where the bullpen kept giving the offense a chance, just waiting for them to get a run across the board, and wins like that are just huge and it's hard to quantify in the box score. Like I said, it was, I think the game had all the emotions. You were frustrated, you were a you were pumped, you were oh no, this is going to happen again. They're in the tall thning, but they pulled it out, and I think the clubhouse was super pumped after that game.
Speaker 1: So Berdland just the second win in the last seven games for the Orioles and now they are eleven and twelve, and there were plenty of things that went wrong, but they're better to dissect and repair and work on after you've won, especially one like that. And now we get to le Leote Taveres. This is amazing what he's doing. So last year, guys, he hit two o five. His OPS was five thirty in one hundred and eighty played appearances between Texas and Seattle two five, five thirty. Now he's batting three forty one nine to ninety eight and he's walked nine times in fifty four played appearances, where last year he walked five and oneint eighty. This is crazy on base percentage last year two twenty six, four point fifty three. Now he's doubled us on base. I mean, obviously it's probably not sustainab we're not expecting him to hit three hundred this year, but what he's doing right now, it's just like we predicted tim Leota Tavares.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 5: I mean we were talking about this on Sunday.
Speaker 4: Guys, just these unlikely guys that you thought heading into the year keep coming up big for this club and Leodi Taveres.
Speaker 5: Where would they be without him?
Speaker 4: Brad Because Colton Kowser, it's been a rough start to the season. There's no way around it. There were a couple more strikeouts for him. Last night he ended up getting pinch hit for Weston Wilson came in in the eighth inning Tavers playing the strong defense, and Steve's right, is there going to be a regression to the mean If you look at.
Speaker 5: His career, he's never been this hot of a hitter.
Speaker 4: But we were talking on my show yesterday Brad just if he could be that guy that he was for the Rangers in twenty twenty three, where he played a big role in that club that ended up winning the World Series that year, getting ops plus of one oh one, so slightly above average to go along with the defense.
Speaker 5: You'll take it.
Speaker 4: But that being said, you're gonna ride this hot streak as long as possible right now.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and I think the World Series experience is huge for this team. Last night in the postgame interview, he's talking about taking a side underneath his wing and just kind of stay with him. Man, you're a good player. It's going to come around. And we saw that come through too. So he's shown leadership on that side of it, throwing the defense that you already expected and now this unexpected offense. I think it's huge right now because it's almost building a bridge until the big names get going, and I think when you can kind of rely on the later in the lineup at that that he gives. And to me, it's more of seeing pitches in the zone. He's taking his walks when it's time to but the pitches in the zone he's not missing, like that high change up last night he hit for a grand slam. If he's swinging kind of crazy, he probably swings underneath that or over the top of it. But right now he's seeing the zone so well, and that's what I'm seeing. It's just a short, simple swing. That ball didn't seem to me like it should have got out, but he absolutely crushed it. And it's just a short, simple swing in the zone right now, and he's taken advantage of the mistakes The's pitchers are giving him.
Speaker 1: It kept carrying like any power hitter would hit one four nineteen is where it ended up, and four runs for the Orioles, and as it turned out, they pretty much needed them all in a seven to five win. So many more aspects to get into bradish is outing what about Pasio, lauded for his work behind the plate and at the plate in this game, Gunner picked off twice. That was frustrating. And the bullpen roster moves that are upcoming, it's going to be challenging for the Orioles in a department and an aspect of this team performing well. How they're going to get all these guys on the roster who are soon to come back. We'll touch on that and more coming up Birdland Territory.
Speaker 6: There are more than seventy thousand events listed on the sea Geek app. So if you're looking to do basically anything this spring or summer, there's one place to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Seekeke has all the concerts, baseball games, World Cup tickets, whatever you need is on cke. Trust me, I'm going to be hitting some concerts and some festivals this summer. I'm gonna be looking for see Geek.
Speaker 6: I can't wait to see aj g adding the best tickets he can for concerts and festivals. We'll get plenty of pictures there. But also when he's looking, what he does is he looks for when he's going to say an arena for a concert, a green dot meaning he's got a good deal in a good spot. That's where Seekeek helps you out with over thirty five million download see Gek is the number one rated ticketing app. And of course we have the code for the FT network Territory ten for ten percent off your next set of tickets at Sea Geek. That's ten percent off any tickets with the promo code Territory one zero. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app and have the code automatically added to your account so you can use it later.
Speaker 1: Props to see Geek Birdland Territory rolling on here after the Orioles incredible win on Monday night, as we tape this Tuesday morning ahead of too in Kansas City. So when he was on the farm, guys, and I was covering the Oriel miners as I do, I heard from many people, most outside the organization doubted Samuel Bessaio's defense at the major league level as a catcher. The Orioles, to their credit, never did. I kept telling fans Oriel Brass feels this guy can catch into big leagues. They keep telling me that. And because he's got a hose for an arm, he's agile for a big guy of that size back there, and he wants to do it so badly. He told me with all his heart and soul, I want to catch in the big leagues and show these guys I can do it. And I think he made strides late last year the pitching staff started to believe in him and Brad that's really what has to happen here. If the pitchers think the same way some of those scouts thought and have doubts about this guy, maybe this can't work. But it is working, yeah.
Speaker 3: And I mean if you watch a game last night, he was like a hockey goalie back there. Kyle Bradish had a hard time throwing his fastball, and he went heavy, heavy, breaking balls, and he blocked every single one. And there was multiple times there where he made great backhanded picks.
Speaker 2: To keep the ball in front of him and keep it running from scoring.
Speaker 3: And if you don't have confidence after watching that game last night as an Orioles pitcher, then I don't know who you'd have confidence in, because he did a great job back there. There was even a couple of times he called time out, went and talked to the picture, settled them down.
Speaker 2: And that's what you want to see.
Speaker 3: It's it's tough as a young catcher to go out there and instill confidence in these guys. If you don't know what you're gonna say when you got there, you're nervous to go out there and just kind of calm the picture down. But he showed great confidence back there behind the play, calling pitches and then, like I said, those timeouts, they were huge to just kind of settle Bradish into a couple of times where he got of those big jams and didn't wasn't prompted by the dugout. He went up by himself right away called time and I think that was that was great to see. And I think the injury to Adlie might end up being a blessing in disguise for Orioles. I think getting more opportunities for him behind the play he might give him more confidence moving on the season, not only behind the plate, but while he's hitting also, And I think he's just doing a great job.
Speaker 2: Last night really displayed it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And Adlie Rutchman he's eligible to come off the IL today. We'll see if he ends up getting activated or not. But for me, that was Samuel Pisio's best game so far this season, just most all around game where he had the two big hits in the ninth inning where he was down in the count it was one two and you're thinking, oh, geez, here we go. But he came through in that big spot and then came through again in the twelfth inning to lead off that inning and drive in another run. He also worked two walks, and Brad, you're one hundred percent right. His blocking last night was fantastic, and that has to give pitchers so much confidence in him that, Okay, this ball is not going to get beyond him. We're not going to give a base runner potential extra ninety feet. But how about the throw to holds Mike Helgercia. That was a perfect throw to get him trying to steal second base. Samuel Bessie was really really strong last night.
Speaker 1: Really strong, and he short hopped that throw. And here's something I asked richmand about during the last homestand since ADLEI has short hopped numerous throws, I went up to him and I said, don't yell at me for suggesting this, but are you intending to short off some throws? And he said no, but you're trying to make the perfect throw low into the bag. And if I'm going to air, I'm going to air low rather than high. And so it's interesting because I wondered to him, I said, I was wondering, maybe analytics is telling you the ball gets there faster I it skips, and these infielders are so good at picking them, you're not worried about it. But he said, no, it's not that he goes. It's trying to make a really great throw and if you're wrong, you want to be wrong short then high.
Speaker 3: Interesting take there, definitely, And I think having the confidence of the taggers between Gunner and Jeremiah at second that they work from up to down, where a lot of guys when they try to pick it they try to start with their glove moving up and then it's really hard to come back in time. But they do a great job of kind of setting where they want to start the tag and just going straight to the ground. That was one of the things when I was with the Orioles, Bobby Dickerson was amazing with JJ Hardy and Jonathan Scope. They worked from they got their high point and they worked down, and I mean with our with Weeders back there and Caleb Joseph, it was just one of those things I'm starting to see that again with the orioles, where they kind of set the glove where they want to start it and work their way down and if it's above that, it's going to be really hard to tag the runner out. But I mean, every single time in these short hops, it's a short hop, the glove stays where it is at the highest point and it goes straight down and that, you know, that tenth of a second there makes all the difference. And last night Jeremia's pick at second was a great example of that. Just put the glove where you want to start it, and he caught it and tagged him and it wasn't even close to the second base, where a lot of times, if you're working the glove up towards the sky, it's gonna be really hard to bring it down and tag him out there.
Speaker 4: Bret, I wanted to get your thoughts on something that Ben said yesterday on the broadcast where it was early on in the game, Bradish was still in and Bassio would set up he would set up his glove but then pull it down, and Ben kind of brought up the point saying, Hey, you know, if I was a pitcher, I'd want him to just keep that that way of a target to hit.
Speaker 5: What did you think of that explanation? Were you the same way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's kind of a new way of catching, and I think I it led to some of my struggles later in my career. I mean, I'm just so used to the target being set, but with how they're grading catchers now, they want him to work down up to give the umpire a better look and kind of still strikes at the bottom of his zone.
Speaker 2: So for me, I really struggle with it because I was so used to.
Speaker 3: Throwing to where the glove was, but you have a tendency as a catcher to kind of drop your glove as you catch it. So I know what Ben was saying, But like he said, these guys are so good now that it's they're not looking for a target. They're just throwing to an area and they're using their stuff. So it's it's like a I watched some of these games sometimes and I feel like I'm watching a completely different game that I played. So I know exactly what Ben was saying, but it's just kind of how they do it now. They set the target where they kind of want it, drop it, and then bring it back up towards that area, so beside, I was doing exactly what they're they're teaching him, and that's that's how they want guys to do it now.
Speaker 2: But for me, I definitely struggle with that.
Speaker 3: But with with Braders thrown so many breaking balls, I don't think he really is.
Speaker 2: Looking at the target.
Speaker 3: He's just thrown to an area and I think it helps the catcher be able to frame it better, maybe steal a couple of strikes here or there. And then last night we saw what the picks. It's the ball you start your golo down, and if it's in the dirty, I think it gives them a better chance to keep the ball in front of them.
Speaker 1: So changing topics, Gunner gets picked off twice last night. I like how Albernez addresses that in the post game, almost in a joking manner, where he says to the media, I told Gunner, there's your pickoff quota for the year. It's his way of saying that's not acceptable. But I'm not throwing and our start player under the bus here on it. But I'm not gonna ignore it either, and I've already addressed it with the player. I'm sure Gunner feels terrible to his credit, he had to focus to make that defensive play at third base when the ball got away from Weston Wilson, critical double play and extra innings. So here's my take, guys. I'm just not gonna worry about Gunner Henderson right now. I know he's not hitting the way He's gonna two pickoffs, it's just not like him. But I'm still gonna say this is gonna be a great year when it's over. Right now, though it's not that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And you know what I'm starting to see last night in his bats when he took those walks, he was like a frustrated bat throw He wants to help the team win so bad and he's willing to take his walks when he gets it. But I think he's trying to do anything he can to help out if his bat's not there at this moment. And that's just my take on it. I might be completely off on that, but there was when he took those two walks, he seemed extra adamant about taking the walk, and he was just kind of he was pumped about it, but at the same time, you could tell there's a little bit of frustration creeping in there. The second basement. It made a nice diving play on the ball in the hole, and he just kind of feels you can kind of see hitters and a lot of times.
Speaker 2: You want to face those guys when they're going through those moments.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, a hitter like Gunner, you know he's going to come out of it, So you're getting worried that the clock is ticking on batters like Gunner. So I think he's just trying to do anything he can help this team, maybe take an extra step lead, or maybe the Royals had something because it was two quick picks. It almost the broadcast almost didn't even pick up their pickoff throws at first base, So I feel like there's something there. But I agree with you, Steve, it's one of those things. He met his pickoff quote for the year, and he might take that extra half step towards the bag now to make sure it doesn't happen again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look, it can't happen, you know in those moments. It definitely can't happen twice in a game. And what's really unfortunate is in both of those instances, he probably would have came around to score because he worked the walk and then Taylor had the double in the first inning and he probably would have scored on that. And then in the ninth inning, with how it played out, you know, Ward ends up walking, Beavers ends up in founder that would have moved him over the third and then Sam wall I'm sure he's kicking himself. Those type of moments can't happen in that type of game where runs are at a premium and your offense is really really scuffling. But Brad, I kind of want to get your thoughts from a reliever perspective, from a pitcher perspective, like picking off a base runner, how difficult is that? Like what goes into that in trying to execute it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, after the leadoff walk, you're kicking yourself because that's the last thing, especially in a one nothing game of the ninth inning, that's the absolute last thing you want to do. You'd rather hit a hard single through the hole. For whatever reason. That the leadoff walk thing is real and I can't explain it. But when you were you're able to go over there, you walk them without even making another pitch to the next hitter, You pick off a runner. I mean, you're thinking the games over when you get and out like that, that's a freebie, and it's just handed to you on a platter.
Speaker 2: You're thinking this game's over. There's no way.
Speaker 3: And then of course he goes to walks the next hitter, maybe by the next two, and you put yourself in an even worse spot. But when you get a pickoff like that, you're thinking it's over, because that's to me, it was always the first out of the end. If you get that first out, everything seemed to roll from there. If the runner got on, especially on a walk, you're really just pressing to make pitches from there on. So that had to be a huge lift for ers there in the ninth. And yeah, he wasn't able to get it done, but that was a huge lift in that moment. I was shocked that he actually wasn't able to get through that inning after that pickoff.
Speaker 1: So a few more things to dissect about this wild night in Kansas City, including Kyle Bradish allowing ten hits but one run. He's getting close to being himself. I think we're gonna see it real soon. Touch on that, and we touch on the bullpen roster moves coming, how the oriol is gonna make this work. We'll touch on that in a moment here on Birdland Territory, Big Bad.
Speaker 8: Morning Show, Vinnie and Haney, Inside Access Live on YouTube weekdays six till six, Search Baltimore one oh five seven the Fan. Subscribe for daily shorts right to your phone and never missed which you missed? One o five seven the.
Speaker 1: Fan So coy Bradish five and a third, ten hits, one run, three walk, seven k's. They had plenty of chances to really do big damage and he didn't let it happen. Three nine six Era. How is he doing? Guys? Where is he at right now as he tries to be that number one or two pitcher for the Orioles.
Speaker 3: I think I saw it last night when he was able to front those sinkers to the lefties. That to me is Kyle bradd She's gonna throw his breaking ball and when he can, when he can dot that sinker into a lefty, that's when he's at his best, and he showed flashes of it last night.
Speaker 2: Well Ben made a really good point in the broadcast.
Speaker 3: He thought that his box is just slightly ahead of his arm when he's throwing his fastball, and we saw that fastballs elevated, and I think that's why he had so many hits against him, was that he was elevating the fastball a little bit too much where he wasn't trying to. Obviously, his breaking ball and his breaking stuff is gonna be what makes him who he is, and we saw that he I mean almost exclusively abandoned the fastball there after about the second or third inning and through I'd say it was like ninety percent breaking balls there at the end of the game. So those are there, He's right there where he wants with the breaking balls. But those dotted fastballs sinkers that he ran off the play into a lefty for a looking strikeout, to me is what makes him so good. When he throws that force to me, that cuts a little bit into the lefty to get him off of it, then he can throw the sinker in and that to me is when he becomes elite elite, and last night we saw flashes of it. And you know what you got to give. He's not gonna have a perfect outing every single time. He's not gonna have perfect innings, but he made pitches when he had to, and that's what you want to see from a front end starter.
Speaker 5: That's exactly it, Brad.
Speaker 4: I think when you look at that game, did Kyle Bradish have his best stuff?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: Was the command there, No.
Speaker 4: I think he went three to zero to three of the first six batters in the game.
Speaker 5: But in a weird way.
Speaker 4: The turning point in Kyle Bradish's start, to me was the bases loaded situation. Not the first out that he got, but the second out that he got on cag leone, the slider away. It was a nasty pitch and he was able to get out of that inning. And then I think he allowed one base runner in the fourth inning, had a clean fifth inning, and then they let him stay in in the fifth inning, when I think it was Isabel trying to get a bunt down, but with Bradish, the swing and miss was there. He got fifteen whiffs and he had seven strikeouts. But to the other side of it, the ten hits. That's the most amount of hits he's given up since twenty twenty two. The walks kind of resurfaced again for him after only having one walk in his last outing. He had three walks yesterday. So I think you see the flashes, but if you are pulling the positives out of this. That's what you expect out of your top of the line guys when they don't have their A game, you want them to keep you in the game. And that's exactly what he did. He gave up one air and run over five and a third.
Speaker 3: And for me, also sorry, Steve, just real quick the uh. I love that he was able to get into the sixth after that long first inning. I think he threw almost thirty pitches able to get into the six It just makes the bullpen be able to be extended a little bit longer, which they needed last night. And I think just being able to get the even the one out and the sixth inning there was huge in that game. And I know it's like one of those finer points, but I just think being able to get it back, get the ship rolling again in the right direction and get into the sixth inning is huge and it will play for the next two games, I think.
Speaker 1: Also, yeah, and I see six innings, three hits, no runs, ten strikeouts coming. That's coming for Bradish. He can't do that every night. Who can. But I think he's building to where we get that breakout start, and really his season is starting to turn for the better. That's great news for Birdland. Now in our final minutes, the Orioles have ends, Achin and Kittrich all on minor league rehab. Right now, that's three key bullpen pieces. Cameron Foster is obviously someone who could be optioned back. But then after that, guys. Three pitchers have no options, Garcia, Hellsley, Suarez. Five have options, most of which you wouldn't want to send out right now, from Nunez to Cano to Wolfram to Wells and Foster. Foster is the only one of the five that, okay, he might have to go back. How are they going to pull this off?
Speaker 5: I have no idea. We were talking prior to the show.
Speaker 4: I think Grant Wolfram might be in danger just because Dietrich Enz and Keegan Akin are both lefties, and of course Wolfram is the only lefty in the bullpen right now. He might be one of the guys just playing the numbers game, and he of course has options. But that third picture, I have no idea who it's going to be. Guys, I really don't know, like all off the top of my head, I almost would.
Speaker 5: Lean Suarez, but Suarez doesn't have options, so that complicates it. So much, Brad. It's it's really a roster crunch here.
Speaker 4: For Mikelias and who would have thought we'd be having this conversation prior to the season, but the bullpenz just been that good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's it's one of those subjects that's super I'm super sensitive too, and it's, uh, it almost gives you a PTSD because everybody there there, they know, they know what's happening down there, and guys understand. You hope that they're having conversations with the coaching staff that you know, you might not deserve to go down. It's just where we're at with the roster right now, and I think options are gonna play into it. If unless you're willing to possibly lose Suarez, you're gonna you're gonna have to option three guys down and guys that don't deserve to go down, and you just gotta you.
Speaker 2: I hope that the coaching staff.
Speaker 3: Is just having these conversations with them, and when they go down at Triple A, they kind of keep where they're at because all these guys are looking so good and so sharp right now. It's you could flip a coin for anybody that's going to be sent out.
Speaker 4: How difficult is it living that brad as that guy. All of these guys are pitching well that we're bringing up and you probably know, hey, if I have a rough outing in the next week, that that could do me in. There's a lot of pressure there for these guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sucks.
Speaker 3: There's there's no other way to kind of describe it. It's you're thinking about it. You know, when you go out there, you feel like you have to be perfect, and it's just you can't. You can't fully perform at that level. And that's it's one of those things where you hope you put yourself in the spot. But like we said, with with what they have to do right now, every guy's put themselves in a spot to stay on the roster for one reason or the other. Like they were talking about last night with Suarez, if you wanted to get rid of him, who's gonna be the long guy? Maybe Tyler Wells. Maybe you don't know. You don't know what they're thinking. You don't know where they're gonna go with this. So it's it's really none of these guys deserve to go, but you can only have like we were talking about, for the show thirteen pitchers, So there's it's just one of those things that's part of the game which sucks. And these guys who can tell, are rooting for each other. They have each other's backs. They're all picking each other up, and the bullpen units are really strong, and it's what's keeping them at their record right now and keeping them afloat. They're just giving their offensive chance to get going here. So you hate to see any of these guys leave, But like we said at the end of the day, it's just kind of the way baseball works, and it's a roster crunch, like we said.
Speaker 1: And on the starting side, we've seen players optioned out not because of performance, because they needed a spot. It's already happened to Povich, it tappened to Brandon Young. To their credit, they went to Triple A and pitched great Brandon Young International League Pitcher of the Week for a correct, incredible out and e Ad and Povic has been good. So that's what you want. You want guys knocking on the door at Triple A. And if they have to go, as you said, Brad, keep rolling, keep doing your thing and realize I didn't do anything wrong here, but I have to stay sharp. I can't sell for a minute or end. Maybe when they need a guy, it won't be me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think that's where it gets a little tricky and triple A is you're hoping it's.
Speaker 2: Only the ten days or the minimum to go down.
Speaker 3: But then when it starts leaking in two weeks, the three weeks to four weeks, you just never know. Oh man, I pitch so well up there, you know, And that's when the I deserve to be up there, I should be there, And that's when it just gets really tough to overcome. So, like I said, I just hope the front office and the coaching staff is having these conversations with these guys that they all deserve to be there, they just can't be. And when you go down, triple A, do the best you can to just stay where you are right now, because anything can happen on any given day. And that's what the best teams do, is they go down, they stay focused, they're able to stay connected with the big league team and the coaches and all that kind of stuff, and when their time comes again, they're ready to go back up.
Speaker 1: I call a baseball season one hundred and sixty two chapters, with so many more to be written, and to me, it's fascinating. I mean to think the Ools had this great win. So what will it mean for the next ten days? None of us know. Will Leonte Tavera still be had nine hundred ops in ten days? None of us know, will Gunner and and Lolonzo finally get locked in like we expect. None of us know, but we're gonna find out. We're gonna be here to talk about it all throughout. So hope you guys enjoyed this one, and thanks to Tim, Thanks to Brad. I'm Steve Mleski catching next time on another edition of Berdland Territory.