Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 2: Erness What's Up?
Speaker 1: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting business is that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com, backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 3: So Chipotle has split a couple weeks ago and then suffered a recent decline. So what's the what's the deal with Chipotle?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: Is it time to start mining Chipotle stock?
Speaker 4: I think so. I was slowly easing to it.
Speaker 5: I do want to see the succession plan, because when you lose a great CEO like the one they lost, it does have an impact.
Speaker 4: Now they do have great systems in place. I do like the stock.
Speaker 5: I do want to see what changes they would make after losing him, because some people are just great drivers of a business. He was one of them. But if we're going to be very honest, like that Stock one of the biggest mistakes that I made is when they had that deep dip and I sold off a few years ago in twenty eighteen, And it goes to show like and even though like I made it up in other AMD and video Lily stuff like that, Like it just shows the power of holding and letting the restructure.
Speaker 4: Will Liam is a great example of that.
Speaker 5: Before Elon got there, there was not as much fanfare for the stock. Just holding through every wave of ups and downs is really key. But fundamentally the business is there, great profit margins is great. We talked about it. I got like one of all the fast food places I feel comfortable like going to because of the quality. So yeah, great company. I would look to add some positions to it now. And I think it's one of those companies that you cannot miss out off for like the next five execuits.
Speaker 1: I went you, I went you. I mean, it just feels like a natural progression. That's kind of what we talked about when Stock split and what just so happened in the video. I think the double double whammy polls is that they you changed your CEO and right after that. So people don't like uncertainty. And for the past five years, definitely during the pandemic. We've seen Chipotle just after that twenty eighteen when they when they had the food.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that crisis was big. That would have crippled they.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was tough and they took a hit for it, but they recovered nicely. We covered it, you know what Brian Nicole did to get them back on track. So now you lose that leader, now what And so that I think his effective date is as the new col Starbucks is September ninth.
Speaker 4: Right when Breake cuts.
Speaker 1: Right, So you're talking about like in the next week or two you're gonna have you're gonna name whose predecessor is that would be important to the future of the stock.
Speaker 2: But it is a short stock. Like I said that, the margins are great.
Speaker 1: So if it's a stock that was on your watch list and you're waiting to pull back like a guy like me, it might be a good time.
Speaker 5: Can we talk about the importance of keeping momentum at all costs because maybe fifteen years ago Subway with Chipotle, and now I'm worried if Subway is even going to survive.
Speaker 1: Subway has the most restaurants in the country.
Speaker 5: What one of the deepest pullbacks I've seen, just like sales are through the.
Speaker 1: Floor, and they just so they've watched the model, like Chipotle has definitely coming and taken over.
Speaker 2: Cava is now Cava's.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you put yoga i'm at in your bread.
Speaker 1: This is with the thing about Cova is that they don't have that many locations yet. Yeah, so the growth and the potential for growth is still there. So they come into space. Subway is now for the first time adjusting the prices. So the mistake, right, but what they're doing to here's what they're doing though, right, So like one of the plans is like let's give them more with a little bit of an elevated price, and so like let's say it was a meal that would of course sixteen ninety nine, they're now selling that for seven ninety nine. So they're trying to infuse new ways to generate income. But it's tough, right when people start looking at healthier options. Not that Chapole is the healthiest option, but it feels like it's a sophisticated fast food.
Speaker 2: Cova is now in that space. You got a couple other companies that are in the space. So it's tough.
Speaker 1: It's tough. You have to be innovative. They don't have the mobile part component.
Speaker 4: I mean, but it's hard to build a mobile part of the Food isn't what you eat that subway.
Speaker 3: What I eat and I don't eat fast food. But are your tuning fish chamis if I had.
Speaker 2: To from but I used to eat the kariakee chicken.
Speaker 4: Sandwich is good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Did they hit me up about the chocolate? No, no, shot, he's paid.
Speaker 4: They thing.
Speaker 1: They said, that's not really a candy Somebody text me that it's not a candy bar?
Speaker 2: Is I don't know? They said there's no chocolate in it.
Speaker 4: You can have a candy bar without chocolate, can can you? Why not?
Speaker 3: That's a prerequisite to be a candy bar chocolate. Somebody gave me a payday too. Actually may be listening shouting. Everybody gave me a fist bum. Appreciate you. Shouts of food pubid that offered the hand sanitizer, appreciate you, thank you.
Speaker 2: I don't I know that. I thought it was a chocolate. It's peanuts and camera.
Speaker 5: I thought if it was just candy in it.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm not a hers, She's kind of s But I think it's really important for these brands because we're going through a shift. Like even with Starbucks, Dutch Bros. Is catching fire. Yeah yeah, So like, can you guys talk about the important of keeping momentum while the brand is hot and not falling back.
Speaker 1: It's the company line we say to each other all the time. Don't leave it why you're hot, That's how it may screwed up. Shot to Betha right, like when you when when it's it's hot, Paul Gasolino.
Speaker 2: And the way to do that is to be consistent.
Speaker 1: And so most people have to run like we just had leading up to the Vest Vest.
Speaker 2: People don't realize the work that it takes.
Speaker 1: That is an entire festival market, Monday still happens, your leisure still happens, Blackout still happens. There's other businesses that are happening, but you have to be consistent with all of them. And so that's what keeps you hot is because people can rely on you and they know you're going to be consistent, and the consistency brings trust, and with that trust now people feel like, all right, I can go to them. You get people from other businesses saying, oh, those are the guys you Yeah, you become the pillar of the space because it's like, all right, we can trust them. We know they're consistent, they've been here for a while, they're vetted. We like these guys. Let's rock with them.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Most people want to have the night that we had last nighte and allegend legend legend for me. It was an.
Speaker 6: Illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 4: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,