Speaker 1: Wow. Wow, Hey everybody, It's Wednesday, November eighth, twenty twenty three. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Show. It's me your man, MG, Marcus Grant, joined by Michael f. Florio. Coming up, we are previewing TNF and the early Sunday games for Week ten. Well, here we are. We've made it all the way to week ten. We are more than week into November. This thing's flying by.
Speaker 2: Season is flying by, and this week, in my opinion, is going to be the worst week. With buys and everything to set your line up. Three of the best offenses in football, you just can't use them this week. So, yeah, we got to survive this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need to have a talk with somebody in the league office who thought it was a good idea to have the chiefs of Eagles and Dolphins all have the week off in the same week. Not to mention, the Rams are off, so we miss Cooper Cup and Pooka Nakua. It's going to be rough to set lineups, especially at the quarterback position, but we're here to help. Let's get started, as we always do, with some fantasy headlines and a big one coming out of Minnesota justin Jefferson returned at Vikings practice on Wednesday. The team has a twenty one day a window to elevate him from injured reserve to the fifty three man roster. Look, there's no doubt about it, right, Like, when he is back and available, he is back in your starting lineups. Chances are he was the number one pick, but we can feel confident in him. Right with Josh Dowbs. We didn't know this a couple of weeks ago. We didn't know who's gonna be the quarterback. But at least with Josh Dowbs, we can feel confident about Jefferson, right, Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: I mean it's better than how we should be feeling. Like a week ago when Kirk Cousins went down and we thought it would be Jaron Hally, the fifth round rookie, and even he looked good. So if something happens to Dobbs, like they have a rookie that they can maybe trust a little bit. Yeah, I mean, you're starting justin Jefferson the minute he returns, no matter what. But now at least you get some peace of mind. That's exactly what we want. It's peace of mind with Jefferson back in our lineup. Meanwhile, down in Tennessee, they are trying to get some peace of mind at the quarterback position. Head coach Mike Vrabel says that Will Levis, the rookie, will be starting for the rest of the twenty twenty three season. We've seen a couple of good starts out of Levis so far this year. So earlier in the week, we played a game of who'd you rather for the rest of the season from different positions. I want to play another round with just Will Levis. We compare him against some other quarterbacks who are, in theory sort of on his level. So wo'da rather Will Levis or Taylor Heineke. I would rather Will Levis. I know Taylor Heinike he's throwing the ball more downfield than Desmond Ritard did. But and the weapons are nice in Atlanta, but his head coach is still Arthur Smith, which means they're just going to be doing weird things. Will Levis. I know the floor might not be great, but the ceiling, I believe is really high because even last week in a down performance, a lot of downfield throws.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your point about the inconsistency of the play calling in Atlanta is what has me worried about Taylor Heineke. So I'm with you. I'm gonna go Will Levis there, Will Levis or mac Jones. Will Levis, I mean, what upside does Mac Jones bring us, even in a good matchup. A couple of weeks ago, it was like, alright, he was all right, but that's it. And neither one of them have very deep wide receiver corps. But Will Levis has DeAndre Hopkins and Mac Jones does not. All right, here's another one, Will Levis or Geno Smith.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm still gonna stick with Gino here, even though I keep saying, if Gino disappoints you this week, you could drop him. But he gets the Commanders, then the Rams, and he still has later in the year. He gets the Eagles, the Titans, the Steelers, still some favorable matchups, especially in the Fantasy playoffs, that I'll still give Gino another chance.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I said that Will Levis has DeAndre Hopkins. Well, Gino Smith has dk Metcalf and Tyler Lockett. So those two I think Trump just having nuke a loan. So with Gino Smith wins for me there, And last one Will Levis or Jordan Love. This one feels kind of easy Will Levis because Jordan Love. Outside of the first three weeks, it's been rough. It has been rough for Jordan Love for a while. Now, real quick though, Now now that you know Levis is the starter, and we've seen that that Levis has no hesitation about going to DeAndre Hopkins. Where are we ranking? You could he a top fifteen guy the rest of the season, I.
Speaker 2: Think like borderline. If not top fifteen, certainly top twenty because in the two games he's given us ten and a half and thirty five, and that's a good floor and obviously a huge ceiling, and I'm expecting at least a couple of times a game that Will Levis is just gonna chuck it downfield to d hop which means that he'll always bring a high ceiling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the last two weeks he's actually the wide receiver three, but that feels very much inflated by the thirty plus point game he had a couple of weeks ago. I think you're looking more around on average, probably ten to fifteen points per game. I think that's good enough to get him certainly in the top twenty and maybe knock on the door of the top fifteen. All right, let's get our attention to Thursday night football. It is the Carolina Panthers heading to Chicago to take on the Bears. You can see that game at eight fifteen pm Eastern on Prime Video on the Carolina. They got their first win a couple of weeks ago, had a tough loss against the Colts last week. But Adam Thielen has been balling pretty much all season long. So let's to the number at eight. Do a little more or less eight receptions for Adam Thielen more or less more Since Week two. Adam Thielen leads the NFL in receptions per game. And this is a game where I think it'll be close throughout, so the Panthers will have to, you know, continue to throw the ball. And it's not like they're gonna have game script where they could just run all second half or something like that. So I'm expecting a big game out of Adam Thielen. I'm expecting another good game out of Adam Thielen. And really he has been it in the passing game, at least at the wide receiver position. He's got six hundred and ten receiving yards this year that is more than all other Panthers wide receivers combined. It's been him or nothing. And so in a game where as you mentioned, I think the Panthers will have to throw the ball, especially because they can't run it. I think you're going to see more than eight catches for Adam Thielen in this one. Deontae Foreman has been play really, really well. The Bears are expecting that Khalil Herbert will be back this week. The Panther run defense is atrocious, so more or less half of a rushing touchdown for Deontay Formers. So basically, ken Deontay Forman getting the end zone this week.
Speaker 2: He definitely can, but I'm gonna go less because I'm wish casting that that touchdown goes to Khalil Herbert, who I need to start in a league or two because of all the buys this week, and the Panthers have allowed more touchdowns to running backs than anyone, So someone in that backfield is gonna score. But if I if I had to take a pick on which one it will, I think Khalil Herbert has the highest odds.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say more. I'm gonna say Foreman scores a touchdown. I am interested to see what kind of workload they give Herbert after so much time off, and especially if we don't know for sure if Justin fields plays he is I think listed is doubtful for this game, so maybe another Tyson Bagent operation. I still think that you're gonna see Herbert kind of eased back into his work, So I think Foreman gets some work at the goal line. This might be the last big week for Deontay Foreman, and I think against Carolina he finds the end zone there. So check that game out of course. Uh Thursday night, eight fifteen Eastern on Prime Video. Turning to the rest of Week ten, we talked about it at the top of the show. Four teams are on a buy, the Chiefs, the Rams, the Dolphins, and the Eagles. So it means no Patrick Mahomes, no Matthew Stafford, no to a tongue of Ioloa, no Jalen Hurts. A slew of wide receivers are unavailable to you. Some good running backs not available to you as well. So we got to navigate this whole thing. It's not going to be pretty. We will start with the Colts and the Patriots at game being played in Frankfurt, Germany. Second week in a row, the NFL goes to Frankfurt nine thirty am Eastern. You can see that game on NFL Network and stream it live on NFL Plus. Ramadre Stevenson's been okay the last couple of weeks. Any Patriots beyond that you would be willing to start.
Speaker 2: Nope, Look Ramandre getting more passing use, pass game usage. He had the big long run last week. The Colts struggled against the run. All of that keeps him in play. Besides that, we've seen teams go overseas and not live up to their usual offensive output, like the Chiefs and Dolphins last week. The Patriots normal offensive output is terrible, so I can only imagine what even worse than that will look like. If you squit.
Speaker 1: Real hard, you can probably find a space for the Mario Douglas just because he's been the lead receiver there three straight games with at least six targets. But the passing game is brutal for New England. You know, we sat here and both just said moments ago we'd start Will Levis over Mac Jones. That's how bad it is. Even in good matchups, Mac Jones is still giving you, like barely two hundred passing yards, So hard to make a case for anybody. But if I could find anybody, it might be the Maru. I should like this. I think Hunter Henry has sleeper potential this week. Then the Colts are kind of me against tight ends, so I think Hunter Henry has a chance to maybe score a touchdown this week. Brown at the Ravens really good matchup, at least on paper in the AFC North two teams very good defensively. Are you pulling anyone from your lineup and what could be maybe a low scoring game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to pull a whole bunch of people out of my starting lineup from this game. Like Zay Flowers is someone I think you start most weeks. I would get hit him out. He really struggles against man coverage, actually the worst passer rating when targeted against it this year, and the Browns are on the fourth most man. I'm trying to sit Gus Edwards. I'm trying to sit David Njoku, not Amari Cooper. You're starting Amari Cooper Deshaun Watson, though I would try to sit so a lot of people that I think that most weeks you could comfortably start, just because I'm expecting this to be a very defensive battle. I think it's going to be a very defensive battle.
Speaker 1: Though admittedly when these teams played earlier in the season, the Ravens ran off to a twenty eight to three win in that one. I think if I've been starting them before, even though the matchup looks bad, I'm still giving them a shot because Gus Edwards is getting those goal line opportunities, which helps Zey Flowers last time around had three catches for fifty six yards. Not great, not awful, especially in the week where you're going to be missing a lot of people, and I think that's sort of the thing for me. Yeah, so many guys are going to be missing that you're gonna be strong armed into into starting a lot of people. Any Browns pass catchers, though not named Amari Cooper can go to the bench, and that's not just for this week. That might just be for the rest of the season because they cannot consistently connect with anybody besides a Mariy Cooper in the passing game. There So I think you kind of hold your nose and you kind of start some guys and understand that the floor is a lot lower this week than it is probably more weeks. The Texans at the Bengals, CJ. Stroud coming off a historic game with four hundred and seventy passing yards and five touchdowns. What are you expecting from them in an encore against a good Bengals defense?
Speaker 2: Eighty and six?
Speaker 1: Oh sweet?
Speaker 2: Every week until he gets to five hundred and ten. No, I obviously he's not going to give you what he did last week, but I think he's gonna be good enough where you want to comfortably start him. And the floor we've seen is about like fourteen to fifteen fantasy points, which isn't as high as we would like, but the ceiling is certainly worth starting. And that floor could only be elevating because he every week that I watched him play, I'm like, oh, he looks even more comfortable and just better than he did earlier in the season. So that floor and ceiling could just keep getting raised. And this is a game where Joe Burrow and co. Are gonna put up points, So CJ. Stroud is gonna have to throw.
Speaker 1: He's going to have to throw the football, and so I think that makes him worthy of starting. But yeah, I mean, it goes without saying you're not gonna get almost five hundred yards and five touchdowns out of CJ. Stroud this week. But I do think he belongs in a lineup any particular pass catcher. Is this a Nico Collins week? Is this another Tank Dell week? Is this a Noah Brown week? Again?
Speaker 2: I think you start Hank Dell and Nico Collins, especially given the week and how many teams are on buy and such. I have two teams I believe where I need to plug in Noah Brown because I am hit hard at injuries and buys a wide receiver this week. And yeah, it's not ideal taking out Tyreek Hill and putting in Noah Brown, but we gotta do what we gotta do this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's just what it is. I think Noah Brown's maybe the one guy that'd be a little bit more concerned about. But you know, in a pinch, if you gotta start him, you gotta start him and hope that maybe he gives you something decent this week for your fantasy lineup. We're just getting started here on the show. We got plenty more games to get to on the Week ten slate, including the first pick in the draft versus the last pick in the draft a face off this week in Jacksonville. We'll talk about that and more here on the NFL Fantasy Football Show. Forty nine Ers at the Jaguars. The Niners coming off of the bye, they have lost three in a row, trying to get it back together. The Jaguars on a five game winning streak and trying to atop the division in the AFC South. Also an interesting matchup. You got the first pick in the twenty twenty one draft in Trevor Lawrence going against the last pick in the twenty twenty two draft in Brock Purty. So who scores more Fantasy points? Is it going to be Trevor Lawrence or is going to be Brock Purty With the caveat that Brock Party may have Deebo Samuel back this week.
Speaker 2: This gives me game of throne vibes, right, Like Trevor Lawrence is the prince that was promised and then Brock Party just arrives and like they.
Speaker 1: Call, can work out well for the prince who was Probably no.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to navigate around that. I think it's Brock party. I think he's gonna score more points one Deebo Samuel's back, and his numbers with Deebo compared to without are way better. I also just I trust their playmakers there a little bit more. And the Jaguars have been a very favorable matchup as well this year. They're in the top ten and fantasy points per game and yards allowed to quarterbacks. But the Niners have struggled as of late against the pass as well. So I think you could get both. Actually, given the state of quarterback, I think both are starting options. I think they're both starting options this week. I'm gonna go with Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 1: I will admit that some of this may be me as a pessimistic forty nine Ers fan who's watched this defense struggle over the last few weeks. But they are giving up a lot of yards, they are struggling to tackle. We'll see whether or not they're able to fix some things in the bye week. Of course, they do add Chase Young to add to that pass rushing front. But Trevor Lawrence spreading the ball around to a lot of his playmakers, I think you're going to see big games from Christian Kirk and from Evan Ingram as well. So give me Trevor Lawrence over Brock Purty in terms of scoring more Fantasy points Saints at the Vikings. Josh Dobbs was the story of the week last week. I mean didn't even know his own teammates' names, but went out there and came from behind to beat the Atlanta Falcons. So we talked about it at the top of the show. We feel okay about Justin Jefferson when he gets back on the field. Does the Josh Dobbs magic continue enough that you feel okay? Would say, Jordan Addison and TJ. Hawkinson.
Speaker 2: I think so, And I think we could kind of look a little bit to what Dobbs did in Arizona and get a little hint there. The two things that were good in Arizona were Marquise Brown, who he would air the ball out to downfield and stuff like that. That is Jordan Addison in this as of now with no Justin Jefferson, and then he was peppering their tight ends with targets. With Dobbs there, they had a thirty two percent target share for the Cardinals tight ends. So TJ. Hockinson is going to be very much so in play I also think Dobbs is just a streaming option this week because you saw what he did last week. Now he's actually gonna know the playbook a little bit. It's going to know people's names a little bit more so. If anyone could get it done. It is a literal rocket science.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, right. See the tweet that NASA put out. It's you know, Josh Dobbs actually in a nationnaut suit and they nicknamed the Pastronaut, which I kind of dig it. I do think Dobbs is a nice streaming option this week, though against New Orleans, I'm just very comfortable with starting Addison and Hawkinson, even to some extent Alexander Madison, even though they're struggling to run the football effectively. I do think he's going to get some targets now that Cam Akers is out for the remainder of the season. That means a lot more volume for Alexander Madison. So it's not great, it's not exciting, but I do think he's potentially startable this week if you're in a pinch and need some running back help. The Packers at the Steelers, a matchup of two legacy franchises in the NFL that, let's be honest, haven't really been fun to watch offensively lately. I think I saw a stat in our research packet that the Steelers have had fewer than four hundred total yards of offense in fifty six straight games. Wow, and they continue to post the winning They're five and three right now, Like I can't figure it out. Like it does not get enough credit. He's a wizard. He's a wizard, and half the folks in Pittsburgh want him out. Like, be careful what you wish for. And that's all I'm saying about that. But anyway, look at the Steelers offense. Can you trust they? Can you trust George Pickens? Rather now that Deontay Johnson is back, and do you trust any of the running backs in this game?
Speaker 2: George Pickens. It's it's probably a situation where in most cases, because of the buys and all of that, you probably need to just play him because the upside is still high. I'm not gonna say that it's not, but it's he is so boom or buss when Deontay Johnson is out there, because Johnson is going to get those short consistent targets and then Pickens is you talk about it all the time, They're just gonna basically tell him rundownfield and Kenny Pickett cannot win downfield. So it's so boom or bust for George Pickens. As for the running backs, Aaron Jones is very much so in play. I think aj Dillon is in play if you're in need of a bye week replacement or something like that. And that's why I think both Normally, you know, I'm not a fan of this Steelers backfield, but given the circumstances and the week and everything, like I have to play Jalen Warren in a league, and I'm sure many people out there need to play Naji Harrison Jaalen Wore.
Speaker 1: I think you're gonna be forced into it. But in terms of the the running backs, Aaron Jones is the one guy that I feel okay about. They seem to have taken the leash off of him a little bit, gave him twenty carries last week against the Rams, and he looked better, He looked more effective, and so hopefully he's back to the Aaron Jones we thought we were getting when we drafted back at the end of the summer, so I feel good about him. The whole George Pickens Deontae Johnson thing, it's sort of a mystery to me because when Johnson wasn't there, you had Pickens running a wide variety of routes and they were finding ways to get the football. Then all of a sudden, Deontay Johnson comes back, and instead of maybe having two guys running a wide variety of routes, as you said, they just say, George Pickens, go run long and then maybe once in a while we'll throw it to you, and maybe once in a while that'll be in bounds. Although George, it's sort of on you when you don't drag your toe in the quarter end zone.
Speaker 2: That one's on you.
Speaker 1: That was actually a good throw from Kinny Pickett and you just didn't complete the catch. But it is worrisome. But the ceiling is really high and that might be enough reason to put him in the one up against green Bay. Also, don't let green Bay's offensive struggles to distract you from the fact that the Packers defense has been kind of bad this year. So there's that, all right, Titans. At the Buccaneers, we talked about Will Levis and all the guys we may or may not start over him, but what about Baker? Does Baker keep it rolling? And can we count on Rashad White again this week?
Speaker 2: I think Baker keeps it rolling this week. He gave you over nineteen fantasy points in two straight games. This year, he's four over eighteen and just two under sixteen. So in my opinion, as far as streamers go, that is a safe floor, high ceiling. And then their run game hasn't really been working, so they've been throwing the ball more. It's led to good things for both Baker Mayfield and Rashad White because we talk about it, a lot of target is worth like three carries on average, and Rashad White's doing nothing with those carries, but he has at least four catches and forty five receiving yards in three straight games. That's why he's had his best stretch as a fantasy player in those last three weeks. So, and the Titans don't scare me. They struggle against pass catching running backs. They've given up a whole bunch of rushing yards the last five or six weeks to running back. So yeah, I think this is a week to get both of those Bucks into your lineup and.
Speaker 1: You look Rashad White. His value has bumped up because he's getting those short targets, right. I mean, we didn't love him when he was just getting straight carries. Now he's getting targets. It's Look, however you feel about PPR, this is the world we live in, and so you might as well just take advantage of that loophole and use Rashad White. And I keep saying it. A couple of weeks ago, somebody asked me what I take, James Cook or Rashad White. My knee jerk reaction was like, oh, yeah, of course it's James Cook. Until I dug in and looked at it was realizing, oh, it's way closer than I thought. And I think at this point Rashad White may have surpassed James Cook in terms of his production and what the offense is asking of him. I want to ask you real quick though, about Chris Godwin because he only has one touchdown this year, only has one one hundred yard game this year. I mean, like the last three games haven't really been great. Like a couple weeks ago, he gave you sixteen yards fifty four yards, it'd have that touchdown sixty six yards. He's got more games under sixty yards than he does over sixty yards. Can we feel.
Speaker 2: Confident about having him in lineups right now? We're never gonna get the Chris at least right now. We're never gonna get the Chris Godwin production that we got accustomed to with Tom Brady the last couple of years. But he's still looking at his game. Bloc has two games under ten fantasy points. Look, the ceiling is very low. He twice, I believe his topped fourteen, So he's really sitting in that ten to fourteen fantasy point range, which is someone that I think you want as you on your bench most weeks, and you could plug in just in case, but like a week like this one, I think you can get Chris Godwin into just because lack of options, Yeah, lack of options and the Titans generally have been pretty friendly to wide receiver, so I think that sort of gives Godwin a little bit of an opportunity to go out there and produce.
Speaker 1: But this has not been what we thought. Although you know it's funny, I think it's the opposite of what I thought it was going to be, where I thought it was going to be a lot of Chris Godwin and not so much Mike Evans, but instead it's been the Mike Evans show, and Chris Godwin has been the second fiddle in the in the passing game. Yeah, what is a.
Speaker 2: Stretch where everyone was like, oh, Godwin is the better of the No, Godwin is very good, but Mike Evans is a Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: He really is. Plus, I think it does have something to do with the quarterback. And people have pointed this out that Tom Brady's a guy. He was going to go through the progressions. If you were open, he would throw it to you. Baker Mayfield is like, effet man, Mike's gonna make a play. I want to get these yards some be Mike's gonna make a play. I'm gonna just throw it in that direction and hope he comes down with it. And so that has helped Evans over Godwin so far this season. That'll do it for this edition of the NFL Fantasy Football Show. Stay happy, safe and healthy, do good, and live well. We're back tomorrow to preview the right rest of the weeked in matchups.
Speaker 2: H