Speaker 1: Hey, it's Speedy, and this is Rick and Bubba's greatest tits flashing back through thirty one years of radio Gold every Saturday morning, wherever you get your podcast, it's Rick and Bubba's greatest tips, Ricking Bubba, Ricking Bubba.
Speaker 2: You do see areas where we're now getting the gigantic food lines because people cannot afford groceries, so because they don't haven't worked in a very long time, or their business has gone away, or the place that they once worked has gone away. And you got stimulus this and stimulus that, and some get it, some don't. When they get it, it goes and then you've got bills to pay and defer this, and people are in financial woe and it's only going to get worse the longer we go. So it was Speedy asked me directly, and I think we were off the air at the time, or maybe we were going to the break and finishing Rick anyway at all, if you were to get in the food line situation, are you going to sit in that food line? And my answer was an emphatic and a very quick nor know. If we get down to food line point uh, then then I become I mean, I begin killing animals and eating and I've already set up the the you know, the and I'm fishing, and I mean and we're you know, like we were saying, no longer, it's not sport anymore, okayse all that's over now. And so so we were discussing this, and so young Broderick finished up his freshman year of college yesterday and online of course, and he just said, man, I just I gotta have a break.
Speaker 3: I've been locked down in here or whatever.
Speaker 2: And I said, well, look, we're gonna we're gonna kill two birds with one stone today. And I go into my wife, I said, hey, you know, because there's the times that you call your wife by our name. There's the time you might call her sweetie, you call her darling, and then there's those Now I don't go as far as some of these people that when they're married they have kids, they call each other mom and dad all the time. I think that's that's kind of that's all odd to me, you know, where you just but now if your kids are in the room, you then you then then you might be referenced as dad, and she might be referenced as mom. Yeah, or I walk in the room and say, hey, Ma, because you know the kids are here. You know, I know these people that like change each other's names to mom and dad. That's weird to me, but but you know it's not. But there is a time that you do it. And so in this particular case, for some reason, because I was I was kind of saying, this is something we need to do. It's rare that you say I'm taking the leadership role in the house, h you know, because you don't want to have to do it. But I said, hey, hey, mom, because you know our boy was standing there, You're going with us. I said, today we are going to get a breath, refresh air, no doubt, but you're fishing today. And she said, you know, I'm not real big on on fishing dad, And I said, uh, now you have to learn to fish, baby, defeed us. All right, So I said we're today. We're not going down for sport. I said, we're going. I said, we're going to go down. Like this would be the thing, like if we get to this point where somebody says, hey, I'm taking about my turkey, you know, like Gary, hey man, I just ain't got no respect for people that hunt Turkey's like like they just sit there and wait to ambush them.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: He wants the thrill of the call. And I got a call me in and all this So no, no, no. If we get down to food lines, I'm shooting. I'm shooting turkeys with a rifle. Okay, I mean, as I see them out in the middle of a field, I'm putting the crosshairs on them, and I'm putting them down because we need that meat, you know.
Speaker 4: Rick, I'm hunting turkeys with dynamite.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fishing, they can't catch anymore.
Speaker 4: I blow a whole herd of them up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Suddenly, all this I don't like catching. Suddenly, all this I don't like catching brim anymore is out the window. We're sitting there saying, pull as me and them out as you can, just cut their heads off of them.
Speaker 3: Let's cut them and scale them and throw them in the frying.
Speaker 2: Pan quick, you know, Because I'm not sitting in one of those food line things. We're going completely rogue. So and Sherry. I will give Sherry this, and I'm so proud of her. She is fantastic. She you'all heard me talking about it. She's a fire bug. She can build a fire at the drop of it. She's really good with fire. I told her practice that a little bit. Yesterday she built I said, no, no today, no woodpile, no woodpole. We did this yesterday. We did survival training yesterday. I said, no woodpile. I want to look over in that pit and somehow you've got a fire.
Speaker 3: And she said okay.
Speaker 2: And I look, she's going through the wood, gathering up brush, gathering up limbs. For I knew it she had us a fire going over.
Speaker 3: I said, I see. I said that's good right there. I like that.
Speaker 2: Hey, and then you get down to this. You're not catching any fish, Dad, I'm just someing. Hey, let me see some fish coming in well, d I was thinking about trying this. No, no, throw the lure that catches fish. This is not the day we're having. We're not sports today. I once pretend like we need.
Speaker 4: Fish to eat.
Speaker 3: You fish with Donovan, yeah or whatever whatever.
Speaker 2: I want to see how many fish we can get on the bank. I want to see how quick you can make a fire. And honestly, guys, straight up, it's still turkey season. If one comes by, somebody kill it. Don't hen Jake, you don't gonna be a gobblin. Just anything we could eat and bubba. You know, I've been wondering about this. Anybody want to try a redbird?
Speaker 4: Well, anybody got a good red bird? Ste you recipe out there?
Speaker 3: You know what I did?
Speaker 2: I went over and noticed that birds were making a nest in like a little bird house. I said, see, we'd plugged that up and everything in there. Yep, And I said, we call out a catch pin.
Speaker 3: That's try. We're not letting them out.
Speaker 2: And I and I said, today we're gonna experiment anything y'all can kill or catch.
Speaker 3: We're gonna try to eat it. Because Ricky we.
Speaker 4: Got might have a might have a good recipe for yellow hammer chili?
Speaker 2: Right, I mean, yeah, Now, I'm not You think I'm gonna get in a car and go sit in some parking lot with with fifteen hundred people and I'm sitting there in lying waiting on them to hand me some some No, that ain't our plan. Our plan is we going down here, this where we're gonna live, and we're gonna eat whatever we can take.
Speaker 3: All right, So let's talk about it.
Speaker 4: We're talking. We're talking near thunderdome conditions.
Speaker 3: Directly.
Speaker 4: We're not talking, we're not arguing about haircuts, and we're looking for meals.
Speaker 3: Let's go what we're drinking here? All right?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 3: What do we got? Well?
Speaker 1: What if you need milk? What if you need formula for a bat? I hate to say it, you know, you gotta you gotta start. I did this, and I'm not proud of it, and I certainly don't want to break any laws. But I found out where the farmers were. Oh really, I said, let's find out who's got cows and and and so so we started kind of looking around.
Speaker 3: And do you think you could go to them and go I got some fish for some milk? Well, I kind of.
Speaker 2: I will tell you this and together maybe I want you all know right now, I've yet to exaggerate the story so far. Okay, I want y'all to know that, I mean, this really went on yesterday. So I went over to a place and I won't say where it is, that I know it is an orchard. And I went over there and I said hey, and he you know, he was standing away from me. He said, he said, I'm out of strawberries. I said, they're already gone. He goes Rick you would not believe the people from Birmingham that are coming here and buying up everything I got like that, And I said, I said, that can't happen. He looked at me and said, man, I am so sorry, and he said, here's my card if you need me. I said, no, no, no, no, no, no, we're not talking about that. I said, we got to talk, Thunderdog. You and I got to be together. I said, I'm not even a mile from you. You can't let me come here and not have any strawberries. And he goes, I got plums, I got some blueberries. You want them? I said, well, I'll take whatever you got. But I mean we got to communicate. You can't let the city folk come down there and do this to us. You can't let the people across the dirt road be treated like this is how'd you run out? And he really got down on himself. He really yeah, well, yeah, he couldn't help. But he he's a businessman. I mean, he has the best STRAWBERSI in the world, and he was moving them and I and I respect him for that. I said, but we got to you gotta remember that we we got what they don't have. If this turns into thunderdone. We got to protect the county. We can't have these city folks coming down here taking our supplies. Now, now we got strawberries. And he said, you know, I really thought about it that one. I said, well that's the way we got to start thinking.
Speaker 1: So you said it kind of like maybe a Burgess stash. Yeah, I said, you are you and I? He said, we're together?
Speaker 2: He said, he said, I got I got a thirty acre lake type deal. I said, okay, how's you fish? He showed me what he had. I said, that looks good. He said, let me see your pictures. I said, I'll share mine with you. I said, I've got some areas that I'm on resolve here quickly. If I think I'm i'm a little bit, I've got some exposure, huh. And I'm I'm gonna shut that down pretty hard and heavy here and and and I said, I'm about to start closing things off.
Speaker 3: I said, we got to be ready. And so then we did that.
Speaker 2: And then what I did is, you know, everybody talked about riding four wheelers. So I went out and I said, I said, okay, young Brodrick, you're on the four wheeler me and while was on the other. So we got out there and then he wentn't ready for this, I said, I said, okay, Cherry, go get on that four wheeler. Brodrick step off. All right, we're leaving. See if you find your way back to the barn. I know you didn't he found his way back. I mean because, I said, because I noticed one day that Sherry turned on the wrong trail, remember that story, Yes, and got the vehicle stuck. And she said, well, I thought that was one of our trailers. I said, how can this be our land and you not know it well enough? She goes, well, it look like a trail. I said, but if you know the land, you know it's not a trail.
Speaker 3: Right. You don't know the land well enough.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: Plus we're knocking down small nice and let me tell you, I got a big pushback on. I said, by the way, I'm dropping you in the motherland. She goes, you ain't dropping me out in the woods.
Speaker 3: That ain't happening.
Speaker 2: I said, I'm dropping. I got to find if you find your way back. You got to know where our land is. You don't know it well enough. There's life outside your little flower gardens. You need to know that we can't eat roses.
Speaker 3: How'd that go over? Not well?
Speaker 2: But but I think she's starting to get it. I should see in her eyes she was starting to say, So we did. We had some survival training yesterday.
Speaker 7: We did.
Speaker 3: We didn't care what sized fish we was catching. We none of that mattered.
Speaker 4: We trophy include learning how to cut hair.
Speaker 2: In that you know what we haven't. I mean, that's the next move. But really, honestly, we're living off the land. I want to look like John to Baptist.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm so mad at myself. I didn't buy a fell three klobes back when they were in you know.
Speaker 2: Real we're discussing Bubba's giving us a little look at his trip to the Atlantis there in the Bahamash.
Speaker 3: We've talked a little bit of niggat Iowa. We'll talk a little more of that coming up.
Speaker 2: Uh But Bubby, you said today that you know, one of the things when you go both of you, both of us went. You know, when we left our country. You know, it was kind of spring was making its way in, but we had not really gone out and experienced our really warm, you know, deep South weather. So you and I both were and I was doing the same thing. Ain't gonna make sure we didn't get baked. Uh, you over in the Bahamas and me in Central America. I was like, we could fry and fry easy well because you know we had an adapted to our son yet, right. And I try to kind of stay out of the sun. I mean, I realize that, you know, over the years, it's gonna catch up with me a little bit, shying a fair skin anyway.
Speaker 8: So but I hate suntanoil hate it. Hate it blocks all that stuff, and I hate putting it on. I hate that old, greasy feeling. So I've gone to the sprays last few years. Well, the sprays feel like they have been in a nice chest when they when you put them on. So it's very unpleasant. And Betty claims that I'm doing a dance when she's trying to spray it on me, which I know I am because I'm freezy. You do that, it's a it's an involuntary response.
Speaker 3: Won everybody spraying something on that. It's terrible.
Speaker 8: So but usually I will stay the sun enough that I don't need a whole lot of it, And there's certain places I don't normally you know, put suntanel on or UV protection and one of them is usually my belly.
Speaker 3: Oh my, because.
Speaker 4: Well one you'll stress the supply.
Speaker 8: Yes, I've got you know, I've got kind of a hairy chest, so usually the sun doesn't get down to the ground in the jungle.
Speaker 3: You know what, you got enough hair on your body to win an Indian blade?
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure.
Speaker 8: And the fact that I've got you know, a little dun lap here you know where my my guts done laughed over my belt now you know it's it's in a shaded area.
Speaker 3: Anyway. By the way, I'm glad gradually here because he's got another one too.
Speaker 8: Me too, so on uh, I guess it was the second day we were there. They have this thing. They have a lazy river, but they have what's called the rapid river. Now there is some confusion among some of the people on the island. They think they're getting in a lazy river, but they're not. Now the rapid river. Rick follow me here has rapids. I bet it does. At one point you're picked up on a conveyor belt to be carried up higher so you can go down heel through the rapid river back around. Now, some of the parts are kind of slow and just have a gentle giant wave that throws you up six foot in the air. But other parts are wide open and people are flipping off their tubes and you're in tunnels all this stuff.
Speaker 3: But you have a choice or if you get in that river, you're doing all of it.
Speaker 4: You're doing all of it.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 3: They do split.
Speaker 8: They split at one point and you have you can branch off to the mine Temple, which is the running joke of the week because we thought everything was the mind Temple.
Speaker 3: No bet he did.
Speaker 8: Sure, I would refer to the mind Temple in every conversation. So but you break off and you go and you actually can slide down these giant tubes that drop you, I don't know, several stories down and you know, back out in the water. So you do have a split along the rapid river to go down the giant fall.
Speaker 4: Or just regular rapids. Okay, So but.
Speaker 8: It's fun and it's hard to get a tube because the line, you know, starts backing up, so you got to go early and you know, and it's an interview and you hold on to it and they have singles and they have doubles, so on Tuesday. We got out there kind of early, so I wrote it several times in a row, and I guess for the day.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I wrote it four or five times, and it's pretty long. I mean it's twenty thirty minutes all the way around it. So it's a workout.
Speaker 4: When you get back, you're winded from hanging on that. To you, it's slung around, right, sure, please take workout? Well, no it is.
Speaker 8: I mean you're from it. I was tired every time I but I get back on it, you know, because I was a rough that's right, because rough stop the rapid river speed the rapid.
Speaker 3: It's not a lazy rivers going with the current.
Speaker 8: Because they was there were some grandmothers got on it and they don't have a battle. They were not happy, okay, they were not happy when the waves started.
Speaker 3: Hitting too far in it to turn around. Ye, no way out there now. You don't write, you ride rabbits in.
Speaker 8: But one of the problems, and I noticed this later in the day, when you don't put sunscreen everywhere like I do, just in selected areas that are the trouble spots.
Speaker 4: And you're laying back on an enterte yea.
Speaker 2: Expose your belly to the son the underbelly. Yeah, so you're shirtless.
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, I got a sighting. There was somebody there that tweeted a picture of Bill. But yes they did. It's out of our twitter count.
Speaker 8: When I got there that I thought, you know, I'm not in the best shape right now. I probably don't need to be showing off. Uh, but I'm gonna tell you there, I was probably in the slimmer group. I mean, people have no no regard for the shadow you when you go once, I look like a star athlete compared to some that so I just went with it.
Speaker 2: You know, you're at a resort. People don't care the resortbody. Everybody gives up at a resort, and there's.
Speaker 4: Canadians all over the place, you know.
Speaker 8: So so, but I don't get a lot of sun under the porch down here, you know what I mean. And I will tell you I got burned pretty good. And then on the underside gets seen air. Well it's it's seen air. And just don't see a lot of direct sunlight, you know, because it's in the shop. Somebody said, the first time you laid back, you found you there's my passport. But uh, you know that it's been a long time since that. There you go burned, you know, and then I won't say that. And then you got it laying on top of your pants and your belt.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Oh, they trying to go out to eat and you got sunburn rubbing on top of your belt.
Speaker 4: Every time you reach to get something, you know, you flin.
Speaker 3: How's it doing today?
Speaker 4: It's still pretty red?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Better?
Speaker 4: Yeah, still pretty red.
Speaker 2: So you were you were laying back on the interview and got the underbelly the dune lap. Well, you don't, well you don't think about that.
Speaker 4: No, you don't. I never, Rick, I never thought, hey, I need a stick of that stuff.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: No, I guess it just rocked back and got exposed. That's it.
Speaker 2: Because you're normally out there in the shade. Yeah, it's under the porch. I mean, you know, you don't get no lots small animals get unto their Yeah.
Speaker 8: But when you're laid back on the enterview for a thirty minute trip four or five times, all the hats off.
Speaker 4: Oh buddy, that's it, doesn't you know.
Speaker 8: By the way, I had the most eyes out, under bellies out.
Speaker 4: We got we got on that we got on the car, the the thing that would pick you up, what was it?
Speaker 2: The and and and it's going up at a pretty good angle.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: So if you're already laying back on my er, I mean you're you're you're way back. You found out it's in a tunnel. It's in the tunnel coming on.
Speaker 3: You found out what it felt like to be ups back.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what I felt like. But the kids, the kids were in front of me, so initially I start doing dead dog, and then I turned it into turn. Of course, I'm here Caitlyn screaming, Oh my gosh, that's good, and I go, Kitlyn, nobody knows I'm your dad. You could just laugh like everybody else. Yeah, you could have separated. O nobody knows. You don't have to be embarrassed.
Speaker 2: Sure, and everybody loves a g garrit subway guy absolutely stuck on his back turtle.
Speaker 3: They love his energy, they love his energy. That is awesome.
Speaker 4: I was laughing. It was so funny.
Speaker 3: I don't know why they didn't just join in.
Speaker 2: I know more ricking bubber, ricking bubba, ricking bubba. So we are hearing now that Tim Tebow will now try baseball.
Speaker 9: He is pursuing baseball. Later this month, he will hold a personal tryout for all thirty Major League baseball teams and show off his skills. Evidently he's been working hard at this. When he's not in front of that analyst desk, he's shagging flies, he's getting his arm in shape, he's hitting in the cage, he's hitting on the field. And he played his junior high school year and then stopped because he signed with Florida early to play football. And he is going to hold this personal try out that hopes lands him in this situation where he can pursue a career in Major league baseball.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 9: I know it sounds crazy. I know it sounds making it up.
Speaker 3: I'm going to show John Alway. Yeah, I just want to scream. Nobody's gonna run harder, throw faster. Now from this moment forward, it's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows that his junior year, my goodness, though the odds, my goodness, rest hearted, is to get to the top. I mean he could maybe piddle around and in some of the lower mono leagues, you can't take another year on this. He's see network, I gotta do something, which I must tell you back to the if you had to work with Paul flying Ball, Argo Shag fly Balls, you would pick Flyball.
Speaker 3: But what I'm saying is this, he's about enough for Booger McFarlane.
Speaker 2: He's got a pretty good gig and and minor league life is not a good life. It's a hard life. That's a hard life. It say this doesn't work out, there's always basketball.
Speaker 3: I was a point guard.
Speaker 2: Thinking about lacrosse. Maybe, yeah, he might be a good lost good at table tennis. Of course he's gonna learn that stick. I can do it, rick because I'll work harder and faster, stronger, Yes than anybody ever. I can't anybody question me. I played all way through my junior year in high school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I dominated little league.
Speaker 2: You know it's funny, But I'm not gonna play baseball. Let's I can pitch what position?
Speaker 4: Let me what position? Does he better?
Speaker 3: First basement matter?
Speaker 4: He's a head, he's a big hitter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I got a sweet twing, So.
Speaker 2: I hope he didn't go to baseball, saying I only play if I get to play this position. And we keep trying to get back and trying to barons, keep trying to get him in there. We never didn't get him on their We tried so.
Speaker 3: Hard trying to avoid you talking about the Bubbs. Gonna bring up that one one I can't hate.
Speaker 9: Hey, guys, guys, I can't imagine why I don't want to come on right.
Speaker 4: Look, team would love us, he would. I think he did.
Speaker 3: Straight Rick.
Speaker 4: I listen.
Speaker 8: I think Tim, like everybody else, probably needs somebody.
Speaker 4: It's not a yes man.
Speaker 3: Well they got them houses built on that TV show and now he's moving on. We had a series he played.
Speaker 2: He played thirty five games Neighborhoods from twenty ten to twenty twelve to help people out in the NFL.
Speaker 4: Butterhouses faster, quicker than any.
Speaker 3: How, you can run the bases.
Speaker 2: Faster, harder. Nobody's gona run bases like I do. When I slide, I'm going head first like Pete Rose. Here's an audio from Adam Schaffner. If you want to make Oh.
Speaker 4: So we're all in the boy right? Yes.
Speaker 2: The only reason why I didn't I didn't shake fly balls days. I'm at the Olympics trying to compete. I can outrun the blade runner taking swimming on too. I'm thinking I'm the next Phelps.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 2: They said the only person that could beat Phelps was Tim Tebow actually beat him in I was on the swim team at.
Speaker 3: The Why when I was little.
Speaker 4: I heard he does a heck of a butterfly stroke.
Speaker 3: I was the fastest swimmer in the Philippines.
Speaker 2: So bad, No Wonder won't come on, Greg, I think you're the reason he won't come on.
Speaker 10: You know what?
Speaker 7: Yeah, he is.
Speaker 3: You are awful to the phones. We go, Larry, go ahead.
Speaker 9: Tim Tebow is one of God's special children, and mister Greg Burge is over a dog. And Greg, You're probably going to hell faster than anybody.
Speaker 2: I probably am because I made fun of Tim Tebow. You're exactly right.
Speaker 3: Dumb it, Greg.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but you know what, I'm sorry completely dumping.
Speaker 6: That.
Speaker 4: Can't say that.
Speaker 3: He can't say that.
Speaker 2: I don't think I say anything negative about him as a person.
Speaker 3: Do you know what?
Speaker 8: We have promoted Tim Tebow on the show, But it doesn't mean he's not above us having fun.
Speaker 3: Just like I can't do it. You go straight to hell? Didn't you hear the last gume worship Tim Tebow?
Speaker 4: I hate to tell him, that's that's what I want. I say it.
Speaker 3: I messed up the Great Redeemer Tim Tebow.
Speaker 2: I pauseive we were just talking the way Tim sounds about him going to play baseball. We didn't say anything like, hey, this is negative, Tim t but I wants to play baseball.
Speaker 4: That's why I said if he was in here, he'd love it too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tim Tebow beat the crap out of me.
Speaker 3: I mean stupid. Well, I wish we could use that word more.
Speaker 2: Obviously I didn't. Well, you know what, that guy's opinion didn't change on me at all. I can tell you that. But I said I didn't how you handle it. It's not I'm not proud of that. I'm not proud of that at all. That is not how that should have been handled. I pretty much condoned everything. Did I say that Tim was a bad person.
Speaker 4: Because it.
Speaker 3: Just kind of homes like this.
Speaker 8: He just does see rude Trant's it's the people around. It's the people around.
Speaker 4: That person that suffered.
Speaker 3: He doesn't sound like that. My good, How is it? Greg days man if Rick talks about Gary. If he didn't talk like Gary, would that be legit?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: Greg Urch is going to hell. I'm sorry, guys. Pretty much we've Rick and bub.
Speaker 2: All right, before we get back, I did want to ask Greg, Greg, tell me about Tim Tebow. No, I'm pulling for him to good. You're right, well, Greg's one of god special. Well, I love Tim Tebow. It's not that he's just you know, it's newsworthy and try to play baseball, Rick and he when we talk about Tim, just like anybody else with a unique sound to him, we try to talk like him.
Speaker 3: Right. Well, I mean, Greg, it's obvious that you are.
Speaker 2: And I thank you for getting above the fray on that probably not letting that guy drag you into the good Yeah yeah, yeah, I did real well, right, how long have you been doing I failed in that one, right do you?
Speaker 3: How long have you been doing this for a living? This? Well, y'all, don't let me talk much earlier.
Speaker 2: I'll say I've been here eight years, right, you know people don't they they don't like it sometimes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I notice that I never got failed.
Speaker 8: Can I ask you in the eight years from learning in the eight years you've been here, what what group has gotten on you the worst?
Speaker 4: That it bothered you the most?
Speaker 3: Because I know you me bothered like feel bad? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean, oh yeah, which one you talking about. Yeah, yeah, one can't tolerate them when they broke you heart?
Speaker 4: Which one got on and you you thought, oh, man handled that bad.
Speaker 3: I can't say it. I made this comment one time. Oh here we go.
Speaker 7: Just give me.
Speaker 8: You ask this general terms, because you apologize to a lot of people.
Speaker 3: I'll go to this.
Speaker 2: We'll say it the little people because it is a pretty little girl that comes to the show. She said that it offended her the other words, so that that broke me, because she's sweet as she can be.
Speaker 3: When did it break you?
Speaker 2: Well, I talked to you again the other day, but I think about it now, she's being broke.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about wrestling. That's the only ones that I'll I'm moving away from there. You realize that this is kind of the apology you did on the twenty year tour.
Speaker 2: But I do have a serious No, I'm serious, but I want I'm talking on everybody that you question using a word that you're still you.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: No, I had no intention of quitting before, right, but you now at least won't want to quit.
Speaker 3: I'll slip up right.
Speaker 2: I wasn't slipping enough because I just said, look as I disagree that word has been there forever.
Speaker 3: I don't know how it's suddenly offensive.
Speaker 4: But in all fair defended.
Speaker 2: So it bothered you that that one young lady was offended, absolutely, and so now you that was enough.
Speaker 3: Now you only used the m ward with wrestlers. Wrestlers because they use it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they promote themselves. I mean they bring posters by that say. And I made it wrestling. I mean, I have an example. The one thing that is really I felt really bad about because I really didn't mean it the way it sound loud.
Speaker 3: Here we go. I don't don't think I'm gonna tell it.
Speaker 2: You got because watching you be broken is an interesting thing to say. I was using it. I wasn't using it for the term that's offensive. But we had a say, can you just give us a general when I worked at the power company, like if something got messed up, you'll go, well, they don'e hairly the whole thing. Oh here, So I said that I didn't mean it about the you know, people with the physical but the lady took the lady took it that way, and I felt horrible.
Speaker 3: She really got me good about her? Was that was that?
Speaker 6: More?
Speaker 3: Was that more than the end? And I apologized her. I thought I wouldn't use that more.
Speaker 2: You did, but you were so used an example, But it was one of those phrases that people, Yeah, I didn't, you didn't know what.
Speaker 3: It really meant. I really didn't.
Speaker 2: I just remember, I mean I did, but I didn't in that particular situation, I wasn't apologizes.
Speaker 8: Unbelievable when a word sometimes I used for something else, it actually transfers to the other thing.
Speaker 3: Yes, I wasn't making fun of somebody.
Speaker 4: With that, it becomes a saying not directed at a person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that, but I understand what you so I told her that, you know, even though I didn't mean it that way, if you don't say it at all, then you don't have to worry about it. So, and I think I've have said it since a couple of times in the same situation. Gregg has an underbelly. People don't think, you know, he's like a big old turtle. It got flipped over. But but anyway, but those, yeah, those are examples. And I know we've talked about this for years and there's no win here. There's no win. But when when you talk about the thing that you just said, if it's not being used. It's if it's being used as a stubborn animal. It's really not a cuss. It really isn't not a cuss. That's not a cuss.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I still say that is.
Speaker 2: That is what the animal is called, and it has it always has been called.
Speaker 3: Now you also I didn't use it that well.
Speaker 2: Just like on the dog shows, if you're say a word that refers to a female dog, you're not calling somebody else a female dog. You're calling a female dog a female dog word. It's really not a cuss. If you see an animal over there and you say that animal, but.
Speaker 4: It's it's unacceptable.
Speaker 2: And so Sidney, now if you if you're pointing at your dairy ear saying kiss this now, now, now we're in a different place like that, which I don't know how that ever ended up being called that?
Speaker 3: I don't either, how did that ever end up being called that animal?
Speaker 4: I mean, how come it didn't land the name horse?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: That's interesting, donkey or something? It's my horse, yeah, I mean, it's my mule right away. Isn't that interesting that happened?
Speaker 4: It's my pig.
Speaker 2: But if you call someone that, you're really just calling them that animal.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 2: I mean it's not a nice I mean it's not, but it's not it's not acting like there are some people that act just like.
Speaker 3: That animal act.
Speaker 2: They really do that, even in their in their ways. But I understand you have to be wise, Greg.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can declare it's not a problem all day long, but if it's a problem for the people, that's.
Speaker 3: What I said.
Speaker 4: But see, and here here's the other point.
Speaker 8: Depending on you use a word, say people who are very difficult, you start calling them a snowman, and you use it over and over and over, and other people pick it up. Before long, the works snow.
Speaker 3: Man, and before you know, somebody's pointing in the rear and so kiss it works better than anything speaks.
Speaker 2: It even sounds like it looks Rump's not that rump's not that offensive, and it really seems to that one. You know, sometimes sometimes the better word versus the slang word doesn't give you what you need out of it. But if you really get angry and test somebody to kiss your rump, it really can. It can almost do it. Or you can say you ain't got that like a rump, Ye acted like a rump about you know your rumpage. Right, let me hip it up.
Speaker 3: You can. I'm going with that.
Speaker 4: Now, what would t Bow say?
Speaker 3: You remember, here's what just happened.
Speaker 2: You remember when you talk about how you like, you think you've got things that control you, stump your toe and you find out you don't. Right, that's the same thing about that guy. He touched a nerve?
Speaker 3: Hey boy, he did?
Speaker 2: All right, So let me let me be clear, because I think I know the answer to this. You were going to try not to.
Speaker 3: Use the N wordy more because a little young lady broke your heart. Yes, but he was there two weeks ago, but it was. But you're the second business.
Speaker 2: But you still use it for midgets because wrestlers call themselves that. That's how they promote. Then I got it, Rick, Have you ever heard of it or not? I actually understand, Grace. Have you ever heard of a little people brawl? They promoted as the midget braw. It's on the sign. It's on the sign.
Speaker 4: Never hear little person.
Speaker 3: You're no longer going to say with something. Let's watch the guys.
Speaker 2: As bizarre as it is, they're gonna eventually make them change. And you're not going to use the term for something being messed up anymore because you realize that is a condition and the one broke your heart about that, so so you you will no longer use that anymore.
Speaker 3: I hope not. All right, So now let me get me.
Speaker 2: I've never had I've never really picked that one, and I think we used to use that all the time. And I think I know the answer to this based on what just happened.
Speaker 3: Has this guy changed? You're making fun of Tim tebe No, because I'm not making funny. Not to me.
Speaker 2: He acts like I was like making fun of him, like, oh he's Beig Christian.
Speaker 3: He thinks he's above and you know I'm not doing that.
Speaker 4: We've actually ever done that.
Speaker 2: We've actually commended that over and over and over again. It would be like saying, because it's funny to hear Greg talk like that, it's just you're just a celebrity and you're trying to do an impression.
Speaker 3: I'm not a very good one, but it's a celebrity.
Speaker 4: But that's why it's funny.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's because it's not a more funny to hear you give the speech for the bad impersonation.
Speaker 2: If I was in that voice saying stuff like he was a hypocrite and saying dirty things like I'm Tim Man, I think you know something like that, and Tim people.
Speaker 3: That would be disrespectful.
Speaker 2: Now almost give what you're doing is when he got on there and he made that speech, and he got when he gets fired up, he makes his speeches that, by god, it's high pit.
Speaker 3: They ain't never gonna happen again. And I'll just.
Speaker 2: Say it, if you're going to make that speech, I would like you to have it. He can't help his voice. That's his voice, but it would be more effective if you had a different voice.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to step further because let's say.
Speaker 8: Let's say if he spoke and it seemed it sounded like James Earl Jones.
Speaker 3: But do y'all remember the guy that you grew up with.
Speaker 2: It was really nice and then all of sudden you'd get him mad, and he was really mad and he was legitimate, but it just didn't sound right him being made she's such a good person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is, just it's that sound. I remember getting tickled down. I'm picturing that got in my head and laughing. You can't take him serious, right because he's getting on there. Well, it's just a really nice, good person. I'll go ahead and say.
Speaker 4: This, mister Rogers lighting into you.
Speaker 2: There you go right, I'll say this, and in great respect for the stands he's made and been on record that and love the work he does for the kingdom, but I will go as far as to say I wish he had a different voice in general.
Speaker 3: I mean I'm talking about wow, even.
Speaker 2: He'm talking about when he's speaking, I wish he had a better speaking voice.
Speaker 3: Okay, And that don't mean that he's a bad person. I did, Hey, how about this.
Speaker 2: For all the other things he has, you know, physically and ability and all, I've traded a voice for it, not that I have a voice. And now I've heard guys who have great speaking voices and what they're saying was was you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: So I think I'd rather error Tim's way.
Speaker 2: But I mean, if I'm at a conference and he gets up there, I wish he sounded It's not commanding.
Speaker 3: If we want to talk about voices.
Speaker 2: The guy that was calling me out had an annoying boy.
Speaker 3: He did apologize, g Greg, you apologize and everything. No, I didn't apologize him.
Speaker 4: You did not to that guy, know.
Speaker 6: Ricking Bubba Ricking Bubba.
Speaker 3: I wanted to mention this did have a a great time. You know.
Speaker 2: I just finished up about a six week speaking tour, went to six different places and events and had a great time with it. It was wonderful, saw a lot of great people, got to here's some other great speakers and teachers. And I finished up the main event with LifeWay Christian Resources their Men's event in Greenville, South Carolina on Saturday.
Speaker 3: So you know, we planned it out. So I just finished it up and had a great time with it.
Speaker 2: I was there and you never know who you're gonna be speaking with and who's gonna be there, and I kind of had an idea because the lineup stayed pretty much the same, but it would change a little bit. So I noticed that this time that speaking after me on Saturday morning in Greenville was Brody Kroll. You know Brody Kroll, John Crall's son, Big Oat Ranch. We've had them on the show, played at Alabama, played with the Chiefs in the NFL.
Speaker 4: We've known Brody a long time.
Speaker 2: So he was speaking after me, and so you know, I really wasn't thinking and I kind of owed Brody an apology today. So different situations have different arrangements on travel, you know. Like when I was in Nashville, Sherry and I decided we would also turn that into kind of a date weekend and I would go over and do what I was supposed to do, but the rest of it, we'd spend together and had a great time. So we drove to Nashville and we didn't have any time constraints or anything like that.
Speaker 3: Well, this was getting close to football season, so I knew that my son.
Speaker 2: Who's playing football, would have an under the light scrimmage on Friday night. So I wasn't gonna go up on Friday, and I was just gonna get up just like a regular workday, you know, and fly into Greenville, do the session, do the book signing, meet the people, hang out, didn't fly back, so that's only about an hour flight, and so you see where this is I do.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: So I arrived and it was probably the easiest travel situation ever for a speaking engagement. The plane when they were telling me you'll be close to the convention center, I didn't know that the plane would almost land on the camp.
Speaker 4: The wheels would hit the gutters on the way by.
Speaker 2: When I was waiting on the van to come pick me up. I started looking through the trees and I saw a lot of men moving toward a building.
Speaker 3: I said, is that the place? And they said you could walk through those trees and be there.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 3: And I was like, okay, well I probably need a ride.
Speaker 2: So anyway, but the van came and got me, and so I went out there and I walked back and I you know, they're doing the you know, the green room meeting where they talked about here's how we do this. And of course comedian Bradstein's there and he's hilarious.
Speaker 3: He's so funny.
Speaker 2: So anyway, we're getting ready to go and I see Brody Kroule. I said, hey, man, good to see you. He said, I'll tell you one thing. I don't know how anybody lives in Atlanta, he said. He said, man, yesterday I was stuck in Atlanta for three hours trying to get here. He goes, you go through that and I said, uh no, that's I'm good. And he said, he said, well you mean you're good. Now here's what you can't miss. Brody Kroyle lives not far from where we all live.
Speaker 3: Okay, And in that plane.
Speaker 4: Tell you what is closer here?
Speaker 6: It is Atlanta right.
Speaker 2: In that plane is just the pilot and me, okay, room despair with my feet up like I like it, you know, I mean sleeping one hour. You know I got one hour. I hope I can make it. So so anyway, I'm even drinking water. I'm not concerned about having to go to the bathroom. So sure, okay, So so anyway, Uh, he goes, really, what way did you go? And I said up and over. I said, well, I just I just got here a minute ago. And he said a minute ago? What times you you drove? No, I just I flew in, just landing.
Speaker 3: Got over there. You can see the plane the.
Speaker 2: Window and uh and uh He's like, oh okay, Wow. Then there's that uncomfortable moment, you know what I mean. I guess you'll come to.
Speaker 3: Think of it. If I thought about it, you probably could have flown in with him. I had plenty of room.
Speaker 4: And he said, only had dudes.
Speaker 3: I asked, and he just looked. He said yeah, I sure could have.
Speaker 2: And I said, man, you know what, And so then he knows he's got me, which I give him huge props. Now, keep in mind how much of a servant's heart. The crows have in Big Old Ranch. If y'all don't know about Big Old Ranch, just researching. They have their own children, but they're also parents to children who have been left by parents, many many, many orphans. They put how many kids through college? They provide them a chance, So they're the father figure for lots of kids.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 11: He goes, well, I probably would have made it back for that football game too, if you to flow them in, because I got I got four of my boys that are on football and I got a game today and I told them probably won't able to get back for it because of the drive.
Speaker 4: Well I got I can solve that for you and I fly back. Will you get somebody to get the car?
Speaker 2: Well, I started on all that, he goes, He goes much. I said, well, man, won't you just go back? He says, nah, I'm good. I guess I'll just work my way back best of can. He said, I feel kind of bad for those kids, And I was like, and.
Speaker 4: I'm like, well, not too bad. He could ride with you.
Speaker 3: And now I'm down.
Speaker 2: Then people are coming over and they're like, I didn't how come you just have Brody flying with you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I know that's right. That would have been a good idea. You're one that Yeah, no, got that loud and clear right now. But then what do I do me?
Speaker 2: Of course, being you know, from a little bit of a you know, we're such hardened people, I didn't flip it and began to talk to him about how soon I was going to be home. Yeah, yeah, yes, because I thought, well, we're going to play the game. I was just gonna go the other way, so hear me go the game for you. So so anyway, so I literally went spoke at a men's conference. It was home before some of my for one of my teenagers woke up. Okay, so so, and they did a book, signed it, the whole thing. So when I landed, I picked up the phone and Rick.
Speaker 4: I used to do. I did the same thing, and I caught this. Guys, you got to ask him where they're at.
Speaker 2: And as soon as he picked the phone up, he said, I knew you were going to do this.
Speaker 3: I said, Hey, how's you ride? He says, where are you?
Speaker 2: I said, where am I I said, I'm I'm about to pulling the driveway at the house.
Speaker 3: He said, I ain't into Atlanta and he said, I ain't even setting that traffic again. And I said, well next time. Look, I know you want to drive you truck. Let's leave you truck and go with me. It susan as she said, I need to go.
Speaker 6: To Ricking Bubba, Ricking Bubba.
Speaker 3: I understand you. Adler's breakfrow, No, I didn't need it.
Speaker 4: I took one bite of.
Speaker 3: It of his breakfast. What happened, Well, I get.
Speaker 8: My breakfast burrito without peppers and onions and he and he does so one bite.
Speaker 4: I knew I had the wrong one right quick, right, because I just peppers and onions. I can't do them this early. So now where do we have it? Where do we leave that? Or he can have mine?
Speaker 8: Or if he's just dead, said on that one, he can cut off the one bot I've had and he can have that either one.
Speaker 3: Chubb did Chubb grab a look quick to the burritos.
Speaker 4: Chubb didn't read the label.
Speaker 3: Chubb was hungry. He went to the crackers.
Speaker 2: Now he didn't having a pack of crackers and two pieces of poundcake before he got it.
Speaker 8: Adler said, you know he was just gonna let me have the other one. Yeah, No, I need to punish myself.
Speaker 3: He's teaching Bubba.
Speaker 4: Look you there's we can teach ourselves.
Speaker 2: Looking, you've only, like Greg said, you only had to pieces of poundca you probably starve it.
Speaker 4: No, I just had one, and I'll be honest with that's been in there while it's getting.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: Look, half of this is two pack of crackers.
Speaker 3: Which one you're gonna go with? Well?
Speaker 5: I really wanted that chicken burrito?
Speaker 3: But is cut off for you jumping?
Speaker 4: Look, only took one bite.
Speaker 2: It's just one bite as a big bite.
Speaker 3: What if you just cut that off? Well, I mean just cut.
Speaker 10: It's nothing personal, but just like seeing and thinking about somebody holding a burrito and bringing it up to their mouth and.
Speaker 3: Then something about it being burrito makes it work? And why don't you stop showing us how they their.
Speaker 5: Mouth on it and then put it back down and their hands.
Speaker 2: Were there's no forks involved, It was hands.
Speaker 4: That's true. That's true.
Speaker 3: I didn't think about that all over. Where Now are you? Do you keep it in the round? Cake on it? Do you keep it in the wrapper and then just feel it? So you were holding it naked? Well, no, you don't want to ride dirty.
Speaker 8: So addler, you could have both of them in there, and you do what you want to. If you want to throw one in the garbage and eat the other, that's fine too.
Speaker 10: Just well, I think that since I think you should just take the sausage, you can take the sausage one.
Speaker 4: It's face, I don't want you to go that breakfast you need to. I'm fine this way. He's hurting himself, and I gotta punish myself for not looking at the label to do that. I got excited and grabbed it.
Speaker 8: See, I thought, I thought, everybody see you know what to see. I even in my mind I thought, I don't need to look at the label because I thought everybody here.
Speaker 4: Went no peppers, no one, because I know you do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if I get one, I don't.
Speaker 4: I didn't know Adler was still doing peppers and onions.
Speaker 5: What hurts Edge?
Speaker 10: What what hurts I think is that it's in there, sitting on a plate with a big old pile of ketchup right next to it. I think the ketchup's touching it a little bit too, And so I'm like, I can't eat it.
Speaker 4: I'll throw it away for you. I'll get it out of side.
Speaker 10: We don't teach you boba today, Bubba, Can I please get a slow motion shot at you dropping that into the trash can?
Speaker 5: It'll be great if you're in there quick enough.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, because I gotta punish myself and I can't wait.
Speaker 5: That's all right, I'll just have sunflower seeds and water.
Speaker 4: I don't want to punish myself and put it off too.
Speaker 3: Go get your piece of that pound cake. Spin there for a week and a half.
Speaker 4: There's a protein baring there. Have it that think. I think the one without peppers and onions will suffice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're Charlie Brown. You get that other one. It'll be fine.
Speaker 7: Right, I'm not.
Speaker 3: We'll teaching given what he wants. He wants to punish himself, right. This is about this, about this about reading labels. Now, can you force yourself to eat the rest of the old the one you didn't want? Know what his? Because you don't like it? Right? You don't like peppers and so you can't force yourself to eat.
Speaker 4: That's why you know, order without it.
Speaker 2: Let's watch add eat your burrito right in front of it, because that'll be a big punished, that would.
Speaker 5: Be I've never had the sausage before. Bub I'm pretty excited.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't know if I have either. I got talked into that this morning.
Speaker 3: You really won't it.
Speaker 10: By the way, I don't know if you guys knew this, but I I eat these.
Speaker 5: I eat Burrito's corn on the cob style.
Speaker 4: Really, I don't think you could good.
Speaker 3: I rather, to be honest, I'd rather see you all right, I'm.
Speaker 4: Going put put it, put it on the stick corn.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm going for it. But I hope it's good.
Speaker 10: Should I like do something, Bubba like, just to like help out of the situation.
Speaker 3: I don't know that. I know you don't want to do it.
Speaker 5: Gives the corn of the cop style.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, thanks, Bubba, If you're welcome.
Speaker 3: Buddy, Bobby didn't really think you'd eat it. Back of his mind, he thought he would end up with it aventually right, you can have it. I don't want it, Bubby, You eat it, okay? See calculated him my mind, adler kind of guy.
Speaker 2: Probably let me have it anyway, always needing it.
Speaker 4: I think he did corn on the cob so I wouldn't start.
Speaker 2: Tommy Lee, drummer for Motley Crue. Undoubtedly Tommy is engaged again to Brittany Furling. But is this son Brandon? Is this the son he had with Pam Andrews. I think that's the only kids. That's only two boys with her, he claim. Okay, all right, so undoubtedly there's a nine to one one we're gonna be listening to that Tommy Lee's son knocked him out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the call is coming from Brittany the fiance.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: It says she's scared because of the incident, and that Tommy Lee is knocked out cold by his son, by his son and his son, Brandon. She says, step son the future step son has guns in the room, and she's concerned. But halfway through the nine one one call, Tommy wakes up and tries to call off the police.
Speaker 3: All right, so he realized you have to listen in on that.
Speaker 4: I was thinking, we don't need them here poking around.
Speaker 3: Oh we do not.
Speaker 1: But as the call starts, now keep in mind, Tommy Lee is knocked out.
Speaker 3: Take a listen.
Speaker 12: My step son and my fiance got into a fight and pushed his father and then he tried He asked his son to leave, and he wouldn't leave any pun have any weapons.
Speaker 13: Uh, the step my step son.
Speaker 12: Has guns in his room, and that's why I'm freaked out.
Speaker 13: I just walked the door right now. Are you with your with your husband?
Speaker 12: Yes? What do I do?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 13: Is he sitting or lying down right now?
Speaker 12: He's lying down on his back.
Speaker 13: Okay, let's leave him still right now. Don't move him.
Speaker 12: And I'm afraid.
Speaker 13: I don't know, man, man, listen. Is he bleeding right now?
Speaker 12: In his mouth? He's bleeding?
Speaker 13: Okay, where's your stepson?
Speaker 12: I don't know. I just locked the door of our bedroom. I just got scared. Oh my god, oh my god. He's just not he feels like unconscious, like he's out. Yeah, he's bleeding in his mouth. I cannot believe his son has punched him in the face.
Speaker 13: Do you know what they're arguing about?
Speaker 12: His mom? Because I'm mad and posted some like ugly photos of her and then's mad and then came in here, say is your toothless to have him on the phone with the paramedic?
Speaker 2: No, no, you don't want me to cancel them?
Speaker 12: Can you just cancel it? He doesn't want you here. He woke up and now he's okay, but.
Speaker 13: He's still knocked out though, with a facing that's.
Speaker 12: Okay, he doesn't want it.
Speaker 13: Okay, well we'll let them know, but they'll be right there.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is exactly we don't want. We don't want anybody poke poking around here.
Speaker 3: So, uh, who woke up? Hang?
Speaker 4: Hang up?
Speaker 3: Hang up? How about how about it's like, hey, look, I don't want I don't want it.
Speaker 14: Here, honey, that on the bait every time.
Speaker 3: That's a while.
Speaker 7: So I didn't and.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be hard to find either screen to at some point.
Speaker 4: Combinations.
Speaker 8: Let me Rick, let me ask you this because I remember the promos when he was going to be in the Nebraska band, but I never saw the show.
Speaker 4: What which drum did he play?
Speaker 3: Quiet he went to? It was Tommy Lee goes to college? Right?
Speaker 2: Did he ever go to class? Don't you have to go to class? I think so, yeah, you don't have to go to class. It was just for just for like one game, and he played in halftime though that was it one game.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: You think Tommy Lee is gonna stay in college. Now, let's think about it when you look at your life. Okay, you've got these two sons, and it sounds like the sun was mad that he posted ugly pictures of the mama, his former wife. Now the son has released them unless he's just trying to.
Speaker 3: The son said he's devastated by the events. He said it was as a result of his father's alcoholism.
Speaker 2: He said, I've worked tyrists tireless for an intervention this and it's the criticalus upsetting it didn't happen. Basically, he said, I was trying to have an intervention and then we got a fight, and you know, and then he went, now it's Tommy got on social media started dogging him. So he said, basically, I'm coming back saying, hey, look at you're drunk, and I was trying to intervene because I want you to be sober, happy and healthy. Now tom Li said that's not true.
Speaker 3: He said that.
Speaker 2: He answered back, he said, I do have a few drinks here and there because I'm blank retired and enjoyed my life. I worked thirty plus blank years and I deserve it. You didn't arrange intervention. You barely spoke to me while you were here. So he says it wasn't intervention. The kid says it was and that's what the fight was about. And then and then this new who sounds like a piece of work.
Speaker 8: Who wonders that mess? At this point, I mean early on, you might go, well, I.
Speaker 4: Had no somebody set up a gofund me account.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: By the way, guys just need one to get out of there.
Speaker 3: But this is nothing. There were people willing to date OJ. I mean, I mean.
Speaker 2: OJ marriage offers in jail. OJ never had a problem getting a date. What about this is not outlandish?
Speaker 4: What about the other guy that convicted the killing his wife and you know what was his name? Out in California.
Speaker 8: He's had a bunch of wedding uh marriage proposal? You talking about Ted, but no, no the other Uh? Well, listen, listen, listen.
Speaker 2: Look I want I don't know how you do it, and it's gonna be very complicated. I'm taking off Rick and Bubba do old men doing the show. I'm taking it off I you. I don't want anyone else to hear it, because you're not gonna get it anymore. You go thinking, why what this been on? Here's just why are they talking about this?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 8: I was gonna ask you if you heard about out the big cheerleading competition in Dallas this past weekend.
Speaker 3: You know we're about that. You know what.
Speaker 2: I saw the story today in my prep but I'm not familiar with it.
Speaker 8: Twenty three hundred athletes were there, twenty six hundred coaches from thirty nine states and nine countries. So it was a big, cheerleading competition, I mean really big.
Speaker 3: That's your big one.
Speaker 4: Well, that's good.
Speaker 8: The bad news is they may have all been exposed to months what the entire bunch, So they'll take their months virus back to thirty nine states, nine countries on twenty three hundred athletes and twenty six hundred coaches.
Speaker 3: Did they get exposed to the monk rick?
Speaker 8: You know, they're not sure, but they all received a letter saying that they may have been exposed while they were at the competition, but they didn't give a lot of details of how or why that came about. So you go to Dallas, you have a great weekend, you have your competition. You know, you work for this your whole life. You get back home. Somebody were winners, some people were losers, and you get a letter in the mail.
Speaker 4: That says, hey, by the way, you may have been exposed to month.
Speaker 2: Do you do you think do you think exposing all onto the momps is the only thing that could have could have just taken the air out of the pep just a little bit.
Speaker 4: Because you know, half fyed bunch right up to the momp.
Speaker 3: Show, right up to the momp showed this.
Speaker 2: You remem when we were kids being afraid of Remember remember the legend of the momps when you were little.
Speaker 3: I remember we were little. You'd hear about momps.
Speaker 2: I just don't. This is this is the sound of mumps. What about they talk talking about Hi dropping on you. You've heard that tragic tale about the momps dropping.
Speaker 3: What do you mean? Let's keep on going. We wan't to just hit you right here. Yeah, I think I got the momp.
Speaker 4: You know how you get real swelling here drop what?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You've heard that? No I haven't. Greg, Thanks a lot for.
Speaker 8: Syrup bucket now Rick. According to the c d C, MONPS was almost eradicated in our country, very few cases per year considering the population, but in twenty ten it made a turn and started climbing back up again. Most of us are have been vaccinated against the months when we were a little kid. It says most people got a second MMR dose before the age of six, but as time goes on, your resistance to the virus wanes and now with and they don't say this, but I can tell you that it's because of a lot of people coming into the well.
Speaker 3: That's where I was going, That's where I was headed.
Speaker 8: As a matter of fact, there was some that there was a story out earlier this year we were looking at that had where some of these diseases that we all had been vaccinated for. As kid, you had to have before you went to school. You know, you remember all that, and where the outbreaks were. And it was very close to these holding facilities where people that had come into the country and was going to be deported were being held. And guys, that's that's just another reason that you have to have control of is coming in and out of your country. Vaccinations work if everybody is vaccinated, but it only takes a few getting in unvaccinated that can put the whole population at risk.
Speaker 2: Again, do you think the way they told the cheerleaders was to start out with this, guys, we've got something we need you all to know. Give me an ill, give me what do you got?
Speaker 3: What do you got? Exactly? Oh my god, so good.
Speaker 2: Look After so when you said what have you got moms? Exactly exactly that every one. I mean, somebody I've got moms. What happens I've got moms?
Speaker 3: What happens?
Speaker 2: What's what's what happens to you? You got moms now? I mean if you get it? Now, what's a big deal? We got we got most you, we.
Speaker 4: Got more, got more, gone south.
Speaker 1: So the signs and symptoms that develop usually up hear about two to three weeks after exposure. You're gonna have swollen, painful salivery glands. As we just talked, trouble, slavery again.
Speaker 4: Y'all livery, y'all laugh at not let go.
Speaker 3: By livery salvery. Would you do me a favorite? Look at me, come here. I'm not gonna come here. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna slap me. I'm not gonna slap Petrick. Picture this picture of this public service.
Speaker 2: Now, do you believe that you have challenges that will keep you from being in radio? Oh contrary, my friend, let me point you to the Rick and Bubba show. We're from top to bottom, from top to bottom. It's an entire show. It's been on been on there for twenty four years, run by people who have challenges.
Speaker 3: My kids.
Speaker 2: Do you think being unable to speak or use our pro grammar would keep you from having a nastal syndicated radio show?
Speaker 3: Think again? Two words, Rick and Bubba.
Speaker 4: That means more than just two.
Speaker 3: Yes, it does.
Speaker 2: Bubba's wondering why we didn't jump on because we thought he was right?
Speaker 3: A big deal?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Two bits? Four bits?
Speaker 4: What was funny dollar?
Speaker 3: Everybody would stand up and holler, so are you appetite? Can we know? That's not what I'm asking you? Am? I am? I can? I what is it? Just as simple?
Speaker 2: Oh? I got moms treated, I'm done? What happens to me? Modern day momps?
Speaker 3: I don't know? Good?
Speaker 8: Rick, Well, we hadn't had it so long, Rick, I really don't know what it does, but it sounds.
Speaker 3: But what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: If I go today, am my throat sore and somebody says, strap, I go good, I get a shot and I'm okay, what's worse?
Speaker 3: I gotta go momps? I would tell I mean people from momps.
Speaker 9: That's true, that's what he's asking you go down.
Speaker 3: I don't know. We got the mom.
Speaker 4: That's a pretty big I don't know.
Speaker 2: Death from flu salvery salivary.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, Okay, listen to speak. Why won't he hit me?
Speaker 2: I will There is a day where I would have you want to get Tommy leeson hew face.
Speaker 4: Listen to this in an adult.
Speaker 8: In an adult, the infection is incurable and can lead to devastating health concerns. Sufferers have lost hearing, become infertile, and had swollen brains from it.
Speaker 3: What I was telling you about what you want to say?
Speaker 4: You said, sir, typical Typical Typical symptoms include puffy cheeks, swollen glands, headaches, feel uh, fever, chills, fatigue, muscle aches.
Speaker 8: And a lack of app Is it like everything else? I guess I'm okay at this point A lot of this stuff? Is it like everything else? You get this?
Speaker 3: I don't know. You got the buffy cheek, the uh.
Speaker 8: Sufferers have described feeling pain and there's some neck, pelvis.
Speaker 4: And yeah, lower regions. Yeah uh huh.
Speaker 3: So we're on greg again.
Speaker 8: Yeah, if they if they vaccinated an entire country against it, it's worse than the flu.
Speaker 3: That's a good point.
Speaker 4: Wow, they wouldn't have done that.
Speaker 3: My God, now drop that.
Speaker 6: My go be back ricking Bubba Ricking Bubba.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's speedy, and this is Rick and Bubba's Greatest tits, flashing back through thirty one years of Radio Gold. Every Saturday morning, wherever you get your podcast, it's Ricking Bubba's Greatest tits.
Speaker 6: Ricking Bubba, Ricking Bubba,