Speaker 1: Big Bank. You don't be on nothing.
Speaker 2: I be on okay, So let me ask you bring you Big Fact. Visit the new website today Big factspad dot com.
Speaker 3: Long from the coaching labor atl It's time for that Big Facts Big Bank, Baby j DJ screen listen and were welcoming today. The one and only, the legendary the Quig Trina is finally on Big Facts. The day is come Trina on Big Fast. You know all along the fans been waiting on this.
Speaker 4: Wow, we appreciate we started.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, So we were supposed to do like five years five years. We're five years old clapping up for Big Fashi for five years old. So we had a conversation on one on one. But we I was like, Trenty, you got to come to Big Facts and talk to the families.
Speaker 4: We don't get the many girls up here.
Speaker 5: I'm here.
Speaker 3: We guess the yes as wellness check. How are you everything good?
Speaker 5: I'm great?
Speaker 1: You great? How does it feel?
Speaker 3: Just just like you've been in the game for a while, but you've been consistent, You've been vibrant, you always are part of some positive.
Speaker 1: You've been getting money. That's another good thing. You know what I'm saying like you've.
Speaker 6: Actually been deemed Double Excels one of Double Excels most consistent female rappers of all time.
Speaker 1: Nice, okay, Nice. How does it feel into the other ladies.
Speaker 3: In the culture trying to accomplish what you've accomplished, Like, give us some give us some tips, some gems.
Speaker 5: I mean, I just feel great. I feel amazing in the space. I mean, I've been in the game now, it's going twenty four years. So to be consistent for twenty four years, that's that's a lot. And I love all the girls you guess out today. When I started, it was maybe like six of us or something, maybe seven at the most at the same time, and now it's almost one hundred girls. Yeah, Like it's so many female artists and just different, you know. And I just feel like that consistency, that consistency is a key power to stay on your game in the game. And yeah, it's changed a lot, you know, social media all this stuff has changed. So it just got you just got to find that energy to just kind of like find your path and navigate that through your music.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: So talk to us and tell us what it was like growing up in Day County.
Speaker 5: That was the best Miami. Like everybody wants to come to Miami, but Miami where I grew up, that's Liberty City. That's the real Miami. Right, It's not South Beach, that's not Miami Beach and none of that. That's like the hood. That's the rich time. Yeah, that's when you go get down and dirty. Yes, but it was just a great place. You know, It's Miami was just fun. It's hot all the time. You know. It was always parties, music, just all kind of stuff. And when I was real real young growing up, like you know, before we was able to go to like a club or like see, we didn't really have like I don't remember. We didn't have like house party kind of vibes. It was more like clubs and you know or whatever. But if you couldn't go that where Luke came in and paid the big played a big part because he had the Pat Jam, which is for teenagers. Was that that was just a club for teenagers, like from fourteen to like I think seventeen or eighteen, you had to you couldn't. It was no drinking or nothing. It was just chips and not slacks. And so it was the place where like So what it was is DJs. They'll have like two sets of DJs, and DJ's will come out and bring all these big speakers and they like dotting it out in the in the space, and so one side is playing something, then they'll stop, they'll play. So that's what we did growing up. So that was our excitement, like having fun. So and it's Miami, so you know, it's always the beach and always that kind of stuff. But that was the real choice of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, what you think your mark on the game is like, that's train of shit.
Speaker 5: I feel like it's stamped, you know everything. It paved the way for a lot of the girls that's out today, a lot of new artists, a lot of girls to feel confident. You feel like they could pop their ship and you know, do their thing. And you know, these girls everybody come from differ, diferent places. When I look at the music today and all the new artists, they come from different places, different backgrounds, different struggles, you know, different you know situations that I came from. And to see them get in the game and navigate and say I got a record and just probably a month ago, I was nobody, just a girl from my hood or from my cityo or working at a drive through or a club or whatever. But now oh it's viral, it's social media. It's different ways to be an artist put out music. You ain't got a shop a demo or go to a record label and try to shop a deal. All you got to do is get a way to put your music together and put it up. And then you put out a banger and everybody's on that. So I just look at it. I like that. I love that it's like raw and fresh like that. You know, it's hard though for women, honestly, they need to watch. It's not an easy thing because again, we require way too much, a lot of clam and all the stuff that comes with us. So when it comes to like that and being consistent and you know, wanting to put out content or videos and now everything is and everything is you, you we need to see it like what you in your car, even if it's walking down the street, you've got you feel me and so so you know, just to be that consistent, that's investing in yourself. Youve got to spend money on that. You guys, you can put on a shirt, jeans or whatever. Girls gotta get all done up. So just invest like into yourself. That's a power point in making it in this game. You just gotta find strategy stick to that.
Speaker 2: What you think women artists in a year ongoing.
Speaker 5: Clam Yeah, uh, you know, honestly a lot. I'm gonna be honest, like just realistically, Like last year, I think that spend like one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars and that's just makeup that's not here. And stylist that's makeup. That's just make up.
Speaker 1: Damn. So that's their jury, that's our jury. Basically.
Speaker 5: Basically, that's you got to really like figure out your plan in order to like manifest your look. It's all about like constantly involving it. But it's an expensive factor and even when it comes to like women, girls and labels, the labels do not want to you know, for the expence for that. They don't want to do that because it's over expensive. And that's another cut for girls in the game. You know, Like so you got to really be kicking in making some bread in order to investigate yourself to come out looking like you.
Speaker 4: Know, yeah, to pull that money from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like when you was in the game, like when you first came in, it was like full of niggas and you still stood out amongst the niggas, Like we can give you that, Like you come on the track with any nigga, you ripping it.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's that ain't really happening these days, like girls actually making their own tracks and popping off. How female used to be featured on niggas songs and ship and we're going crazy, you know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Now it's more girls just got their songs and this is the pop off song, and they.
Speaker 2: Might put on their song, you know what I'm saying, Like you can get on a song one of them niggas and rip their ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's what it was. That moment though when you heard now and everybody was like who is this? Yeah, it was just one of them moments.
Speaker 5: Like a tone for like girls to like pop up like you know how they feel and going against a guy for that. So when now have a dude put a song out of you want to put a girl feature, you know that's what she's going for, Like I'm about to like rip this down, and especially.
Speaker 6: Like I'm sorry, especially like with that with the type of content that was in Nia Niggain, like the type of shit that you were saying. I was reading online somewhere that people like kind of look at you as sexy reds fairy godmother like and walk so she could fly type shit like because back then, even like to this day, like you kind of set the precedent and allowed females to unabashedly and openly feel comfortable expressing how they.
Speaker 4: Felt about their sexuality.
Speaker 6: And before then it was like a taboo matter and you know, oh my god, like, don't talk about that, don't say this, don't say that. You put it all out on the table and was like, fuck it here I am, this is how I feel.
Speaker 4: Take it or leave it. And you really did.
Speaker 6: A lot for women back then because they didn't have an outlet and you were like that.
Speaker 4: Outlet for that.
Speaker 5: What I you know, when I had learned the difference, Well, this is the very beginning, because when I first did the Nail record, right recorded, we did the video, we did all that, and mind you now came out ninety eight, but like August, I believe, like in August ninety eight and right after the song came out, that's when it was Trick's birthday and his birthday party was the first time I went to a club and he was about to perform his first album. But then this is the biggest record you got now, so I'm just there and this is, of course the night I never performed the song right because I've never performed ever before on the stage, so I didn't know what what to do, and I was gonna be doing so when I'm at the party and you know, he's doing all his other song songs he had with look everything on his pro check. And when this record came up, and my friends are like pushing me, like go go to the front, I'm like, what are you all talking about. I'm just here for the party, like to have a good time. So now the song comes on and they hands me a mic, but I'm just standing there and I'm just looking at you know, Trick them they are and they element it pumped up and the crowd is going nuts. But now when and you know, you hear me come on the front talking my ship. So when it comes down to my verse, I'm standing in the stage with the mic with all these people just looking at me. I'm not saying nothing like I'm just you froze. I couldn't even speak. I was like, no word for word. And this is what made me realize, like, Okay, I was in the studio with my girlfriends and we did I did the record, but it was boosting off of them, like they gave me the energy, Like I ain't like talk that shit harder than trick. They was like, no, you gotta say something else, you gotta be But when I did the song and I seen I didn't say a word at this show, and every girl in the club knew it resonated word for words, and I was just like I got yeah, like y'all nasty, like y'all just y'all want to say. I just instantly knew it was that whole taboo factor. I didn't say nothing, and you guys memorized it. The song had just came out in August. Strict birthday was in September. This is my first time at a club in a setting where he's about to the stage and I don't know what the hell I'm about, Like I'm going to support but not coming to you know, actually get on the stage. But that's how I figured that out from the beginning, very first beginning. Yeah, that's hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you said you kind of that that was you knew that was like the Laneland. I'm gonna stick with this.
Speaker 1: I just well, what.
Speaker 5: Happened was you know what happened. So that was the beginning. Now fast forward a little bit. I'm not sure. I'm not really sure, like when Fami's home coming or whatever, but we're gonna go to the next year. Now it was already out, so it's on radio. It's big, crazy, Well, now we go do. This is the first big concert in Tallahassee for damn you. It's homecoming everybody. I'm talking about so many people, it's crazy pack and now this is now I'm ready. When I hit the stage, I got dances with me. I'm I'm telling now, oh yeah, I'm about to like push your face. And so what I learned at that moment was again, because I only had this one record, was just staying and when I did the verse, and I'm watching the girls do the exact same thing, but I'm performing it now and now I'm looking at them. And then that's what gave me my whole lane of women are paying attention everything you say, They're gonna say, make it meaningful, take like control of it. Like I'm looking at them like this is like I just built this family, like this organization of women and like, oh, you know you a bad bitch like you the baddest bitch like I gotta and that's.
Speaker 4: The bad community.
Speaker 5: Baddest Bitch song came up because I was looking at all these women like if I was saying now, was that I need something that is gonna like just chant and represent for all the girls, get about the whole now. Now I'm on, I'm on meeting the girls now. And that's how I started creating the lane of the women music and the Baddest Bitch record and the pullover and the kind of here we go.
Speaker 6: That's how you search yourself with bigger That's how exactly have you?
Speaker 1: Always have?
Speaker 4: You always lived in Miami always?
Speaker 1: You never leave like I try.
Speaker 5: I mean, I've traveled all over the whole world, but I ain't gonna like, first of all, y'all lucky that I'm here because I started feeling a little bit of weather change outside. I don't like to go at all. I need to say where it is, okay, y'all good? When I feel that it just like its sneaking up like hold on, it's just get told y'all gott to book me in the summertime, I ain't coming, but no, yeah, no always I love it's just like that's the go you know. So I know what people feel like when they come in but they go to the beach and they like, you know, I don't even go to the beach because I've done that my whole life. But it's just the atmosphere, the warmth, like the city life of it that I love.
Speaker 2: What I was about to say, I see. So do you think that started doing Trick, like because it seemed like y'all got a relationship to the where y'all be like comparison like, bro, I do this, I do that, you know, thinking that the song started that type of.
Speaker 5: Relationship, Well, because yeah, because well this is the thing. Trick always feels like like you know, I'm bossy so all the like like basically like, y'all, girl, like you listen to her, this is gonna get your job. You listen to her like basically saying like because everything she say is like it's always I'm gonna be, it's gonna be. Whatever I'm doing is wrong to her, like Oh that's wrong because you're a masogic and I call you out in there every time, and he hates that. And so it's always gonna be all the girls I'm writing for, no matter what he's saying, and he'll want to talk about everything you're not. You don't even know these things about women at heart. So I've always been like yeah, like yush, Like I've always been like that with him. And that's how that energy kind of creates, like Okay, you're gonna pop it, but you know, when you spin the block, I'm off here, I'm gonna stop it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how we ain't take a friendship out of time.
Speaker 5: I mean, well we we kind of. I grew up, like we went to junior high, so I always knew him even before the music, and so once we started doing music or whatever, and then then we came like everybody else on the label, all of us. It was just like a big family. And then you know, we once we started. Uh, when we first started off in the beginning, I was on the tour that was the first tour with Trick, and then after that we kind of branched off. I was on my own thing. I did my second album, and we would just like kind of link up to do shows, like everybody that booked the show wanted us to do nand together. So we'll always be in some atmosphere. I have to always do that, no matter what.
Speaker 1: Who the goat from Florida?
Speaker 5: What's the Florida. I'm from Miami, which mean Florida. No, yeah, I know, Luke is a goat from daycount. We gotta give Luke that respect in that whole because we wouldn't even to be able to pop out ship how we poppled if Luke didn't get that parental advisory sticker, everything would be completely beaked out on the whole ship. You don't know what we're talking about. So we definitely give him that for his contribution to what he did. And then as far as artist, like you know, damn, who is the artist? We go cross what else? I don't even know I be. I'll be in my own little bubble. Yeah, but that's definitely me. You're gonna put me on that that.
Speaker 2: That Mount Rushmore you saying like, yeah, I can't pick one.
Speaker 5: Everybody contribute contributed to.
Speaker 3: Then his thing j.
Speaker 5: J J T Money is like before trick, that was what we came j T. Money was that. You know, he's older, he's real gold, he's been there. He he popped it for Trick the baby to pop.
Speaker 2: It that it's like, we can't, we can't put it to one.
Speaker 1: We'll get it.
Speaker 5: You gotta give it, give it the loop overall, like like like exposing to start it off, like getting the whole genre started. And that's how that was the top, That's how it started. After that, then he opened the door and after that j T came in popping it and j T had the whole city, the hood, everybody. That was the talk. And then came after that and then there's the Queen Mount Rush.
Speaker 3: This is a sighting that you got a book, right finally, like you finally arrive and you have this book. A two part question what made you decide to finally write a book? And then there's an excerpt in there where you say being a beautiful woman is a form of currency.
Speaker 1: Right, so I guess talk about.
Speaker 3: What made you decide to write the book and talk about this beauty and currency situation in the book.
Speaker 5: The Badest, Well, I just did the book first, just so this is because I've done a lot for twenty four years, and it's my every people. Like you know, I'm always private. It's always what you see. Like if it's a video, it's a show. This is the this is the entertainment world of me, you see. But when it comes to my personal I be away from the world really and like so when it's my story, I've always heard my story chopped and screwed in all types of ways, and some of this shit, I be like, what, I don't even know what you're talking about. So me, I'm always straightforward. It is what it is. If I did I did, If I didn't, I didn't, I say that I'm mature and grown. The book is to say, this is how it really happened. This is how it started. This is how I was Trina before you guys knew. I was training before the baddest appear, before all of this. That was how the story came up. And you know how I navigated my way into the industry, how it started, the whole situation doing the song from trick to everybody else I worked with the industry. You know, it's a lot of speak on like a lot of female artists in there in the book that I spoke about because I've worked with some of the most amazing female artists in this industry, you know, hip hop, R and B whatever. I've done that, so I learned a lot from them. From them and like most of us have built like great friendships and we've grown together in this industry, you know. And I wanted to put that in there. I just want to tell my way, like, you know, what made me do this, how I navigated through this. It's good, it's bad. The loss, you know, stuff that just really broke me, that just really like took almost the life out of me. That I had to continue to work through in my career and just work because that's what I was used to doing, you know. And yeah, just like you know, just stuff, the good, the mad, the ugly. Losing my mom was like that's that's the icing of the cake for me, that that's like my heart died, you know. And that's something true that I wanted to say because people watched it with me, and sometimes it's over emotion to where I got to a point where like I couldn't even speak about it. I would just cry. I would just be sad. I would be completely lost. And that was all important because I still was working and pushing through these stuff, and sometimes people would be like, you know, is you okay? Are you happy? You're having a good day. No, I'm not, but I'm still here, Like my god, I'm here, you know. And you know, it was just my story. You know, everybody else I worked with in Miami, all the artists, all the artists in the game that I respect and that I enjoyed working with, and you know, just my life. That's kind of how I did it. And we're turning into a movie, so yeah, that.
Speaker 4: Means yeah, that's big.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you yeah, sure. I don't want to get and my flowers. I'm not giving it. Somebody and told my story and I'm like, no, that is not what happened. That is not not that I remember. I remember going like this, and you cannot tell that because you wasn't there. I don't care what you saw or somebody wrote. I don't care about what pitch. I don't That's not what happened. This is what happened. Let me take it down memory lane. Let's take it all the way back from the beginning to when I before I was born, and my whole like you know, consending everything in the start, everything in the book, you know, And yeah, I got Missy Elliott to do the forward of the book, which really meant a lot to me because missus this is one of my greatest friends in the industry from day one. She's always been genuine, always been like herself, Like I learned a lot of the business and how to make sure that I was making my money from Missy. Like Missy is the only artist I know like in this game, we came in and I didn't even notice or I honestly didn't even have control of this because it was all controlled by the label. And but you know, like artists will get like so mad when your records is lead that some come out and you in your camp trying to figure out how it came out, and it's always a back and forth blame game. And Missy's the artist that I know that never had that marble. She never had a Record's league. You never had a Missy Elliott league record. She just didn't play that. She didn't put her records around. Ain't nobody in the camp getting no Missy record until until it's done ready to come out. And I just was like, you know, you just learn and you understand how you need to control your own self to make stuff because otherwise you're gonna stay being mad, You're gonna stay going through the same stuff. And ain't nobody want to take the blame. Nobody want to be like, oh it's my for everybody gonna get silent because they're thinking, you can't, you know, figure it out who it was or the finger span pointed. But yeah, just that and like she's been there, like through all the baddest parts of my career and the best like motivating pushing. I pushed her the same way, you know, and I just that's like the people that I genuinely like, like like, it's not the industry. It really is not made for friends. You don't know if you're gonna make a friend or something wreak these people. But that don't mean that I'm about to tell you my life story, And that don't mean start asking me for money, because that's where my friend. This is like we're associated working the business. I respect you, you respect me, And that's people. Eventually, in time, you meet people in this industry that we're in, and then these kind of people are the people you want in your life, you know, the genuine people. The people don't really call you when the camera's off, the lights off, or check on you when you don't lost somebody, not when the hype is up, when the hype is three four years later gone. Still see how you're doing. And those are the people that I like to like have in my circle.
Speaker 1: Else when I got.
Speaker 2: What you think the obstacles is being your true authentic self in this game.
Speaker 5: Truthfully, for me, I think that's the only way you really survive, because when you not truthfully your authentic self, you get caught up in the hype, you get jad, you get jealous, you get lost.
Speaker 2: It's like, what about like people like how people receive.
Speaker 5: Like Yeah, but that's the thing. When I say that's how you the only way you meet personally, feel like you really will because if you stay your real authentic self, no matter how nobody perceive you, you're gonna still be yourself whether they stop perceiving you. Fifty years from now, when you're not on this show, when you're not doing whatever your life is, and you're home with your wife or your kids, your family, you're still your same person. You did not have to transition to another person to like being this. That's not the case. That's when you get completely lost if you know who you are, I don't care what nobody looking at you as you don't know me, what you think, you know, what you see or if you heard me say that I could talk. This is a freedom of speech that we live in is country. So how I talk or how I create, and how I feel, that's how I feel. I was feeling good this day. I felt like making a good record. I was speeling sad this that I made a sad record. I was feeling like turning up. I was feeling like party and I was feel like popping my shit. I was feeling like, fuck you, I'm making this record. I was feeling like being sexy. I was feeling like being love unloved. Whatever I feel, I'm a poppet. That's the feeling I'm in. Who are you to say, Oh, you shouldn't say or feel that way. There's a lot of things you probably say and do and we just don't know about it. So that judging thing that would kill your like the organic person you are, So will you change that?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 5: Who are you?
Speaker 2: People try to hold you to one moment too, Yeah, you can try to hold you to one moment. But what she's saying is I displayed most of my emotions in front of your face through my music. You know what I'm saying, y'all take it, y'all want to take you. One song doesn't mean that's me every day.
Speaker 5: You can't be just the image that I choose to project at that time. I got six albums. There's no way that one song could be me every day. You get what I'm saying. There's so many different emotions, so many different type of Oh you came this way, but now record is nothing like here we go, Here we go record exactly. It's sad, it's bad record. It's nothing like record now record. It is nothing like I Gotta Thank for You a Keisha Cole Records. Now record is nothing like I got a Bottle with Missy Elliot Now, Robert, it's nothing like these records. So you it's just how you're feeling the move. This wasn't my record, This was tricks record. Like I didn't even know what now man. I had to learn all this when I got in the studio. But when I got in there and say like, oh, what are we really doing it? What are you talking about? When I heard what you was saying, what am I supposed to say, because I'm thinking, I'm just coming to you a favor, and get popped my name on the song and I'm coming here now. I did a whole verse, and but the organic of it was the battle of the sexes. Yes, you're a man, I'm a female. I'm about to slarter your ass in here. I don't get all these girls, like a million women in march, and we're marching on top of this and that's that, and then we've been marching ever since.
Speaker 6: Another thing I want to talk about, like because you were just saying, how like you can't be held to one standard or one song.
Speaker 4: But one thing that.
Speaker 6: Just over the years, people that have really paid attention to you can hold you to is the fact that no matter what you're doing, no matter where you are, no matter what you have going on, it's it's always a certain standard of this probably ain't even a word, but like it's it's always a certain standard of like glamorousness or glamorous you don't like always shiny, it's like it's classy as flash.
Speaker 5: Because I love the glamorous life. That's what I want, That's what I envisioned my life just to be super glamorous, super flashy, very this full of diamonds, this like that, that's Miami.
Speaker 4: Like the whole like this shoulder was very over.
Speaker 3: Was one of the few people to not to not nobody, but Trina is one of the few people that conquered love and hip hop.
Speaker 1: You know, you can go on love and hip Hop and I ain't even but that.
Speaker 5: This is the thing where people don't understand about I hear this so much and so don't just don't forget Love and hip Hop started. It wasn't Alanta, New York, New York Atlanta when New York Atlanta in l A before it came to Miami. So in the realm of all of that, in this four year building of the Love and hip Hop franchise, they were trying to get Miami the same time. I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't commit. I was like, no, I watched the show. You know, I'm not for the week pulling and drink throwing not my style, but it's entertaining. It was cool, and so everybody would be like, oh, is it You know the show's fake because it's scripted or whatever, and you know, I would just be looking at certain stuff and I'm looking at certain the people on the show like, well, no, this stay real life. They got this going on, you know, maybe certain stuff out of context or whatever. But anyway, moving forward, when I had did the Rockstar Music Group and I had started working with these artists, to me, I felt like that was like the moment to say yes, I'm gonna do it because the platform was television and we don't have like we didn't have no more like on No. Six in Park or like the MTV EO raps, none of that to be on. So these artists were in a different time, right, Everybody, I don't I can't make you into a meet like I can't make you have this big following and a hardcore fan base that started with you since you came out to Now you gotta get on, you gotta get online and you know, figure out how to be creative and build a bill fan base. And so I felt like going on TV and having an artist that that would help when that would showcase something and then there is the whole Miami. There's Trick, you know, then there's Bobby. There's just a connection of it. It made sense, you know, it made sense, and there was me It was standards like, look, I am a business and a brand. I came on here as a brand. I'm not gonna I don't need to do. I don't need to be like in space. I'm not gonna be dissolve that we're gonna go on here. I came I brought my brand to your show. Your show didn't make me a brand. So I came on there already very business oriented, very much. What I need to do is this is following my reality. Like even with my last album's show, I went through the whole process of the downfall of it, the whole situation with my manager, the whole label. It was a bad thing. I was really living in that moment. I was sad I was going through it. I worked so hard on this album. I had all the biggest artists on this album, and all that happened in real lifetime. So this is what I want to show. I don't care about who's sleeping with who, who's messing who. I don't care about none of that. Let me do my business, put it on this platform, and let's keep them moving right, you know what I mean, because otherwise you get kind of lost in the hype of it, and then before you know it, you're just there or you're just constantly babbling off into drama. You're not elevating. It's not beneficial. Besides, I mean, yeah, OK, care if you're getting paid, But what's the benefit after what's the growth after that? You're gonna keep like throwing drinks or fighting it like what comes next? Like it has to be a next. And that's always the mentality I went into it with, like it has to make sense. So if I'm on here, I'm always working, I'm always doing something. I always have stuff to do. We always gotta make sure that's what.
Speaker 4: We don't even have time for the bullshit.
Speaker 5: No, I don't have the time for that. Like you know, like I have two keys to the city of Miami. We can't play around at you get what I'm saying. So I always have that demeanor of that, like I worked hard to get in these spaces. I don't want nothing to like like diminish that will take it down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, knock me down off the pedestal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as hard as it is to get on it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, how you feel about the temperature of music right now?
Speaker 5: The temperature, Yeah, like the flow of it. I ain't gonna be honest, I think I'm kind of out of the loop of it some kind of way. I love all of new music. I like all the like the new that you hear, every stuff that I hear. But I just feel like, as I was more invested in it, I think social media kind of killed that. Yeah, it kind of like, you know, shit, we lost a lot of great artists. You know, like a lot of great artists. That was the connection to building bridges and making dope music. And people don't realize, like, as this is our our artistry. Artistry is like to unite we this is why you guys love the collaborations. And there's a feature on this record and we see the video they done. Did they think this is why we do that. We love that, And it's being tore down, it's being like taken for granted. People are not even like realizing this has been I mean this twenty four years. Some of these artists will not be around twenty four years from now, you know what I mean. And when I think about it, it's like wow, you know, because you gotta like it's our job. We're having fun, we're making money. You know, you're getting the bad you turning up and all that, But realistically, it's like a twenty four job, you working. You gotta put your mindset in the work mindset in order to last because everything ain't gonna be hot forever. I don't care. I got classic records. Are you going to club? You're gonna still play them. It's not a new record, you get what I mean. So these new records that are hot today right now, on this day, will not be hot, probably not even in the next two months from now or two three years from now. So if you're not structured to like keep pushing and keep moving on that platform and keep building and keep collaborating with new artists and bigger artists and artists out of your element and doing stuff that you probably thought you wouldn't do, how is it? How is it gonna last? How is it getting better? Like so much dope music is with artists is not even here, Like you would never hear a new album from them. You will never hear a new project or new song, you know what I mean? Because it's just not being structured like business out here, just messing around, like if somebody don't physically like actually sock you and punch your whatever, we ain't gotta beef. You just talking like exactly, let's get let me get get my money. I don't got time for that. And I don't think a lot of artists even look at it that way until it's too late.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's such thing as like gate keepers and this ship?
Speaker 5: For absolutely, it's definitely gatekeepers. Definitely. I learned that I saw, and I learned that. I've heard it for years in my career, but I never, honestly, I never knew what it meant. I didn't. And then when I did Rockstar Music Group, that's when I learned what it meant because I was the person on the other end. I was the artist, but I was still not on top of the artist street, and I had to be the person doing what everybody else was doing for me that I didn't know about. And then now I get to see, oh, like and it just it just makes you look at like stuff different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like everything read, Yeah, everything big money read, you asked me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, It's just it's when once you see that, nobody could tell you nothing because you've physically saw it, and you like.
Speaker 1: Wow, what you think that?
Speaker 2: What you think?
Speaker 4: What you think?
Speaker 2: The acceptance of it is like, well, how you have to be You have to kind of be sort of fake to get past the gatekeepers, right unless you vouched then for a nig who already bene fake or some.
Speaker 5: Shit, most of the fake are already. That's like a little coat, a fake coat. It kind of like stick together the fake run down to the thing. It just keep happening to both these mean girls. Yeah, these the people in the industry that once you know about it and you know how, you see the moves and it's kind of like, oh, all right, I see how you rocking. I already heard that, But you don't really want to judge. Nobody'll think of what anybody else because I I don't like to do that. I like to see for myself or feel the energy myself or if I heard now I'm in the peak game that really sees you moving like this is this really what's going on? Is this really blocking? You know? Certain stuff? So I just paid attention and when I seen it, I was like.
Speaker 6: Wow, how do you like when you when you do see it and when you do peep it? How do you prevence yourself from just being like fuck everybody, I'm not dealing with none of this.
Speaker 5: That's me. I don't want to deal with it. I don't care I get around, I don't care. I just it ain't my vibe. You know what y'all got that y'all could do that. I take a loss, I don't want to get I don't need it, like I don't that's I just want to go. I feel like it comes with more stuff attached, Like it comes with like a different obligation. It comes with like something else. It's always a something else after that, and then it just never stopped. You see people fall out and it's big issues or what's money, or it's something that happened in the industry and done blew up so you don't know about it. But now it's like, oh you still know he was doing it. So she was like it just started looking real sloppy. I'm good, right, I'm good. You know what I mean. I took a lot of losses because of that, Like you know what I'm saying. I realized a lot of money I lost because of that same situation, and just like you know what me personally, though, I think some of the Sagittari's I think I was. I was I felt like inside like hurt with certain people that I just like look up to what I thought was like, I don't care what nobody said, they moving straight. You can't tell me nothing because I'm I've been around. I know this person moving good. I know they doing good like they you know, and when I really saw this, Like you.
Speaker 2: Think what you think make make a motherfucker switch up? Like what you're thinking that greed, envy whatever.
Speaker 5: Always a greed for sure, Envy comes with that. Envy is a thing of like one of those kinds of things like we all doing good, but if you start doing better, I don't know. I'm side either side I kicking in Like Noah, a person ain't feeling or giving the same love. I don't feel like that should be a thing because like if we're together and you don't came up, I'm like ten toes down, supporting and cheering you on you were, I'm ecstatic, like cause you're going up. I'm not sitting here.
Speaker 4: Because I know where you came from for real and we.
Speaker 5: Don't, but we both was here. Like like even if you start first, I know for a fact me if I saw you start first, you can't tell me. I can't start because I know when we both didn't start it off, and so if you don't start it, what's gonna stop me from stash That's what I'm saying. That's like, all right, but I'm happy for you. Like what you done made it so now I could go do it like what you're talking about. You know what I'm saying. And I think that's like yeah, damn.
Speaker 2: So how how many how important do you think it is to lead the people behind?
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 5: Can't go extremely important people, extremely people and not when I say left me like sometimes me because people with people around me, they're close. This is like I call family, Like if I let you in, like we close, and like if I feel like I personally just feel like as growing and what I've learned, like people have expiration dates in your lives. They do, whether you realize it or not. A lot of people say, you know, oh yeah, I've been doing them twenty thirty forty years. Yeah, you probably have, But twenty thirty forty years. We are two different people right now, and probably the path that you own that was happening to twenty thirty years ago, I'm not on that path. That don't mean be mad, jealous, or envious or hate because I'm not on that path. Even if you don't want to be happy, don't spew hate. We just went different paths. I'm not mad at your path, whatever that may be, even if it's higher than mine, even if it didn't go nowhere. That's your choice of standing still in our moving. So don't be mad at somebody else with how they gonna take off. But that's what people do. That's this thing. And for me, I just watch certain stuff and it's I mean, I don't care if it's two months or twenty years, if I ain't feeling it, if the energy ain't coming around, how it's need to be for me, I got we gotta go. It's no beef. It ain't no long text message conversation. Oh you know, I just for none of that. We too grown to explain all that. Like we are in an element of our lives. We gotta hold. That's it higher by and it's no Caddy's shadiness. I ain't rolling my eyes at you. I ain't talking about you or nothing. Hi, how you doing? Keep it moving? We ain't got a chop it that, we ain't taking no selfies, none of that. It's a respect. That's it. We're not a lot in the same energy. We're not transparent, we don't we don't meet on the same level, mindset or nothing. We're not going the same way.
Speaker 1: It's neither one of.
Speaker 2: Our faults, nobody's It's just some people can't accept that.
Speaker 5: They can't and that's a lot of downfall, especially in our culture. That's why you see jealousy, That's why you see a lot of hate, That's why you see a lot of falling down. Oh, y'all was just partner. Y'alls boys, y'all was connected. Y'all did a whole three four five albums together, and all of a sudden, now y'all want to kill each other.
Speaker 2: How But the nigga can't even say what it's about.
Speaker 5: Nobody never can say what it's about. I just don't like this person. I hate this person, and there's no real problem. So it's just like it's better you know what you got that man. I'm just gone over here and keep on winning. Like that's all. I'm going over here and keep on winning.
Speaker 2: How you managed to stay away from like the weird ship in the game.
Speaker 5: I ain't no weird type of chick. I don't got time, no weird ship. Get that weird ship away from me, like straight up like now, real weirds, I'm not. I ain't with the weird ship. Like, bro, you like what you want, that's what y'all do. Nah, I ain't come from that. I've never been around that.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't roll with all that. Like, yeah, you know what I'm saying. You gotta say real solid, like don't come with all that that's weird, none wet going the other ways like that's you ain't gonna never see me again ever, I ain't nothing.
Speaker 4: I don't got to worry about me.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about never not even the no function, no nothing, no none of that. Yeah no, I just stay over here on my side. Everybody stay over here on they side. I don't want to come. I'm good. Yeah, I have a good time. Like I just got on weird as I didn't come like just being honest, like you gotta understand, like my time of coming into the game, that's not what I saw. So I just realistically stuck to what I saw, like the ship that I saw and that wanted to keep more of real ship. When shit started getting with all this, it' start getting big. I'm nowhere in the space. I'm not even much in the category or even in the building. So I don't even I'm not I don't care like I didn't see how I don't want to. I didn't see a lot of people just doing weirdship or acting weird of just being goofy. And just because I like the industry gonna turned. I never saw that. We didn't come up like that was solid. He was like you, but I don't. I don't. That's that like, And that's just always It's like in the streets when you come up your homeboys and hoo, that's the same thing. It's like, it's no beef. It's just stay over there.
Speaker 4: You're wed.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying, don't be weird, but just stay over there because I'm not weird, Like I ain't no beef, but just stay over there. I'm gonna stay over here on my side, y'all gonna go over there. Yeah, it's big enough space.
Speaker 1: Oh. Marriage, talk about married life a little bit.
Speaker 5: Marriage marriage, married life is special life. It's a complete space to be in and to feel, you know, uh safe.
Speaker 4: A complete space.
Speaker 5: That's a complete space. That complete space is when you are for sure by something that you know, you know, not like you know everybody's been in a relationship or been in some kind of situation that you could be cool with somebody and it's cool. But is that your safe space? Do you want to fall asleep in front of this person or somebody gonna be doing weird shit taking a photo of you like that's like so no to me, Like the safe space trust the person you trust the person. You could say, I'm complete, I don't care about what's going on over here, over here, I don't care who's checking for me over here or in the back.
Speaker 1: How you spot that? Though?
Speaker 5: You got to be in that space in your life to know what you want and want to feel, not like when I say in that space meaning you can't be the guy that's a single guy and now I'm finna go out with my boys and have a good time in the night. Now you're in the party, there's a bunch of girls in the party, people in the party having a good time, and now you may see somebody like or whatever, and okay, that's cool. Whatever. Then after that, if you decide to meet somebody, what could be a party, it could be a bar, it could be a laundry mat whatever.
Speaker 4: But you go.
Speaker 5: So you see somebody and you meet this person, and as soon as you meet this person, your mindset tells you what it is that you want and need in your life. You know, if you want to play, you know, if you want to be serious. You know, if you're tired of playing, you know, if you're tired of being played, you know, if you're just tied up all the shit you've tied up. And maybe this somebody you thought was cool a conversation now like and maybe somebody you talk to it and it is the first time you meet this person, and y'all talk and y'all just hit it off. And when I mean hit it off meaning internally, emotionally, like spiritually, everything connects, the conversation, the goals, the same path, the same dreams, the same it's not always the same, but some of the same failures or mistakes or hurt so or pass and we all have a past. So you just have to meet. I just honestly met my husband and we just had a real honest conversation. I am Trina. This is my life. This is everything in my life. The stuff that you obviously probably heard, thought or saw new for a fact, or didn't know or wanted to know. None of that matters. I don't care about the YouTube, none of that. I'm sitting right here next to you. Let's talk what you want to know. Let's get it all out, Let's ask the questions. Yes, no oh I thought, Oh it's a bit, I don't care. No oh, this was a photo. Oh yeah, this did happen. Oh this was that. That was just how it started, and vice versa. He did the exact same thing to me, and it was just the connection came like I've never had a connection that was that honest and pure and real. From the start. It always is more of an intimidation and then I don't want to say a game, more like I don't know, like this is her opponent, this is her, So I don't know how to come. I don't know, like what I gotta. You know, I'm coming with stuff that you don't even probably to come with the egos all bust up what you might want, and that's not theosed to. So you are just be your authentic self again. When you be your authentic self and show up as you all the time, you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna always everything everything you're in your conversation, everything that you're feeling, whether you feel comfortable enough to sit and be open and honest.
Speaker 5: Uncomfortable conversations are what brings out the truth, the real in you. The uncomfortable everything that's all the the the good conversation, the butterfly, that's that's we hear that. But the uncomfortable conversations is what makes you understand this. Do I want to be deep? This is deep? Do I need to be deep with this person? The connection is deep with this person. We're talking about stuff that I don't want to tell nobody. My my homegirls, like some of my friends, have been around for twenty years. But now we build this connection. And that was the connection I started. We started, and I just knew, I've heard every conversation you could possibly think of. I've you know, been in situations and good or bad. I always knew for a fact for myself, despite what anybody thought or said the Internet included, one thing about me is I'm always going to give my authentic self me, all of me, one hundred percent of me. If I don't feel that you're giving that back, I'm not sticking around for that. No matter what. We're not going to play the game. We're not going to play the like love it, because now we're putting ourself in another situation that doesn't make sense. We're not going to be We're not going to align right away with what I need and what you need. There's no need for this. You understand what I'm saying. It's something that's not going by way. I'm not the girl that you know, and some girls you know have if we all have our different ways. But I've been in a situation and and it wasn't a faithful situation, and I left. I didn't say I left. I never told nobody I left, not even the internet. It's not your business. If you find out you do, I don't care. I don't care to clear it up or explain that from myself. Really what made sense to me? This wasn't making sense. It's time to move on. We're grown, and I'm going to go on by my way. I'm going to continue to live my life, because what else do you do with your life? You don't stop living. You constantly live. You take life lessons, you learn, you value, you realize. You take your own accountability for when you know, well, maybe I'll overreade it. Maybe this wasn't or whatever. But you at the end of the day, you know if you need to be there, if you don't need to be there. And when I after being there and not being there for certain times, now I know I knew when this is what I wanted and I wanted to be here.
Speaker 1: Anything else about when I got big?
Speaker 3: So I'll be twenty four years, marriage book, movie on the way.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, man, it's just so much stuff I'm working on.
Speaker 4: I want to talk about Trina Day. I want to talk.
Speaker 5: I want to I want to get into that because it's.
Speaker 4: Such a big it's such a big thing like that.
Speaker 6: I feel like we need to discuss because you do it all by yourself. It's something that you came up with, something that you decided to put on, and when you first did it, it was like one of the biggest community based things ever that you kind of turned into for.
Speaker 4: Liberty City and Day County.
Speaker 6: So let's let's talk about that, Like how did you come up with the idea for Trina Day, Like all the all the nicks and nats and you know, the little tweaks that you did to it to make it Trina Day with the decorations and all of them, all of the stuff. How did you make it your day?
Speaker 5: So May fourteenth is the day, is the day of I have in the city. That's my day. So that's where Trina Day came from. I have this foundation called diamondov Foundation, Dimondoll Foundation. I had started years were maybe be like two thousand and eleven or twelve or whatever, and it was basically like for women, right, women that were have been through all kinds of stuff, dealing with all kinds of stuff. It could be you know, run away pregnancy, teenage pregnancy, molestation, abuse, all these things. And I would go to these group homes and kind of we will go give makeovers and give back stuff to the women. And I don't think.
Speaker 4: People understand, like how long you've been doing that?
Speaker 5: So long, so so long for these women. And when you go to these places and the beauty of the day was, you know, to make it specially and you know, get them all dolled up and give them hope and and make them feel good. And some of them would be like so afraid to even come out, and they've been through so much in life it would make me just sad. I would just look at them like, wow, I just couldn't imagine. You know, it's just like being a woman and just out here by yourself but nowhere to go, don't know where to turn to, Like you know, whether you were a child, a girl that got raaped, then you have a kid, you had nowhere to go when you was out on the streets and nobody to take care of you, whether he was getting off drugs, whether you was beating, whatever was your thing. I saw all of this in these homes that I go and give back to, and I was just like, you know, wow, Like it's just so much stuff that happens in our community that we just live in our lives every day and we don't even really know or understand that's going on. So that's kind of how it started. And then fast forward, it was more like that's that was the start of it. I would just go every year and give back all the toys and I mean clothing and just money and stuff for these homes, and then I would do a lot of the hospitals for kids right right, and that was too much for me. It was unbearable because it was like the kids sick and some of them they were like in different incubators and stuff. You couldn't touch them or simmer. You have certain toys stuf you could give to them. But that was like breaking me. It's heartbreaking out. I was like, oh this, I couldn't do it. I was just like, this is too much. It was very sensitive. But I would just give them stuff and they have a certain list of things that they can accept and stuff they can't accept, and so move forward. I turned it into this community thing now. I just was like, it's so many kids in the community that you know their parents. They don't They're not able to show up like they do something to look forward to. They don't have it's no hope, it's nothing to do. They don't have the money. They can't take them to the museums when it comes. They can't do certain things. You know, it's holidays, it's Christmas. A lot of kids don't get Christmas gifts of toys and stuff like that. So let me take it to the streets and let's give back to these kids. Let's do it in a way where it's a free event. I just get every kind of toy gift whatever you think a child like, from computers to iPads to whatever them things they be sliding by your cars, everything, money, give cars, all this stuff and we take it out there. I get the mayor and the commissioners to come out, they give they give me a stage and we I'm just starting to do like performances, but it's like more kid friendly because this is a kid event. But to just keep it more about the people, the giveaways to give back. You have food, trucks, vendors, everybody come out. But I kind of like have my girl that does party decorations and she can make the whole street into like this fairytale land for the sis and because I lost my niece to twenty two and she was seventeen, so I call it. Her name is Sugar, so I made it into like Trina Day. It's welcome to sugar Land. So that's for all the kids. And it's all these stuff that goes on and you have people coming out drinking. You know, my family, my mom and them is from Bahamas. So I always bring the Junker new out and just bring the energies, bring the different kind of vibes and have a good time and invite the artists that's local for Miami to come out and bring their kids out and just have fun. And just give away stuff like this is the day to just give Like how fun these kids get face paints, you know, haircuts, all kinds of stuff. They just be excited when you look at that they running around this whole street. We block off like maybe four blocks five blocks of the street, the main street, and the police block it off and just like just to watch the kids. This is the moment they like enjoy. We give away money and stuff to like some of the kids that have great grades in school and you know, different stuff. So it's just a good thing like I do to give back to them. And yeah, I just plan to keep making it bigger and bigger every year.
Speaker 6: So seeing like we see that, Okay, it makes a difference in the community.
Speaker 4: It builds the kids up.
Speaker 6: It brings them joy and brings them love, and you know, gives them an opportunity if they've never had one, to really like be a kid for a day and just kind of like.
Speaker 4: Live and exists.
Speaker 6: What exactly does it do for you on a personal, mental, and spiritual level to know that you're able to provide that to an entire community of people and also at the same time honor your knees as well as your mom.
Speaker 5: It's emotional. It's a lot. You know, my mom have a store like right in the city where I do it at. I owned the store, but it's not open. It's just a building. I owned the building, but I haven't made it into anything yet. It's been closed down for years. It's just there. I have like a mural on it, right But just to go back to the city where I grew up at, in the same hood, in the same area and the same place as the same street I walked, and it's so different, different than when I was walking on the street of growing up on the street, and when I came up, I would always give my friends stuff, like, you know, I was a little bit more fortunate, like you know, my mom, you know, had money, so I would I would give my friends everything. Like if I buy something, I'm gonna buy two. I'm buying my friends something. I'm gonna what was with me? Everybody's gonna get something. Across the street from my mom's house where I live, where we grew up at, the family there, they were less fortunate. It was so many of them. It was like maybe six adults and like fifteen kids. So everybody that got their kids, they all live here with the grandmother's sweetest nice lady. And I would notice, you know, like when it's the holidays, it's Christmas, all this stuff, like they wouldn't really have stuff. And so as I was growing up growing up, this is before I even started doing music, we would give bags of stuff to them. I would just ship take everything out from me, my sisters, my friends, my little brother, everybody that I knew that was like, they don't want they sneakers them all they got extra clothes overay, they don't want stuff or whatever. I would bag everything up, tied up, and we would just ship like twenty thirty bags of stuff to them from the street. And then you would see the kids. They fresh going to school now they got on all they think this is all new to them, you know what I'm saying. So I just always did that and saw that, and now that I have my day and I know this was one house of people and family the city, in the community, there's so many more nothing. Nobody's dropping off, no bags, nobody's dropping off, no clothes. No, the parents don't have extra money for the ice cream trucks or the stuff that the kids even had want. And that's the day I get to go and play Santa Claus basically have fun, you know, and I just I just love to I love to see it, love to see them, see how they act, and just it's just it's emotional. It's like one of those things. And to me, like everybody don't have it, you know, and we live our life and you know, my life is flash and I you know, go make my money. I work hard. But when I still go back to the community I come from, they still don't have it, you know. And yeah, it's just just makes you feel good. I'm going to be able to go back and do it, to be able to even be granted the day that they know to come celebrate you on this on this day, but to also go back and it's just not me taking a day and it's the personal day for training. I'm doing a train of celebration. No, I want to do it for the people, for the kids, like the kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you think that's a big key to your longevity and just being blessed as a whole, having that heart. I want to see people do good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I always just want to see people do the best that they could, because it's literalistically, this is the only life we got. I don't know why some people think we got too or they got to back up life after something go wrong. This is it. So whatever you're doing now, whatever energy you're putting into your life, whatever you're point into your life, how you're manifesting your life to be, we're in the now. But one day this now will be the future and you may not be sitting on the couch in the now right then then what so you're doing this now preparing for those days, preparing for life to come to be good, to make sure that you're okay. That's what we're doing now. And yeah, I just that's what I'm always wanting my friends to do the best they can be. They don't have a job like mine, you know. So now that we have the resources and there's ways to make more money in your business than you ever thought you could, let's let's explore that. Let's see how we can make this bigger, you know, let's invest more into your business. Let's put this business on a bigger platform, because it's bigger ways to make money than the old traditional ways we was doing it back before. So I'm always pushing for that.
Speaker 1: That's what it is.
Speaker 3: Final words to h young female trying to get into this game.
Speaker 5: Oh, the young females trying to.
Speaker 3: Get that teenager you want to get in the game. You want to be you want to be treating times.
Speaker 5: To man, that's hard, man, You know what? Because girls, you know, we emotional. You know we have two potendrents and all that. We just have our fits. That's what we do. Everybody understand that. That's what we do. All girls, all women. We have our moments, our times, That's what we do. But when you want to come into this industry, this is an industry that will build you up and will drag you all the way back down. So if you are planning to come into this industry, you need to make sure that your head is on straight. Yes, that you know what you want, that you are executing a plan that makes sense to you, and you have a support team of people that are around you to help you navigate that. Make sure your business is in order, your affairs, watch and protect your money, your peace, your space. Focus, focus, focus, because the Internet have you so unfocused. Everybody's watching everything and what everybody else doing. So many girls that I love in the game and that haven't made it yet, they're on their way, but they're struggling because they're caught up in what everybody else is doing on social media, what every other girl is doing as an artist, and they can't find their own way. They can't navigate their own way if they don't feel like they're doing what everybody else is doing. That's how you get lost. That's how you get unmotivated. That's how you lose the energy you want to even do this, you know, And it's a tough business. You know, it's a lot of girls, a lot of glitz and glamour, but then it's a lot of smoke and mirror. It's not all the glamor you think it is. When you're in the business, it's a lot of decisions. It's a lot of hard work and a lot of hard work. And just because you could get in a studio and create a record, and could build a content and could work in a video and you know, pop it behind, that's where what do I really want to do? Kickseeing that because this is only for the content. When that content is over, which we all watch for twenty four hours or one day or whatever the viral moment is, and three days later, Now what I haven't found my moment. I didn't do the steps I needed to do to be an artist in this game. I didn't. I didn't.
Speaker 2: You ain't got em after that moment.
Speaker 5: You gotta, you gotta. You have to have a plan. You have to build a brand for yourself. You have to know exactly what you want to do, execute it, and do it no matter what, do it. If something don't work out your way, you ain't liking it. They don't mean give up. That means maybe reevaluate, refresh up your little your starting kid. But just keep pushing, just keep moving. Stop being in the competition, in the race with everybody else. It's a thousand girls on social media that's artists or up and coming artists. And as you can see, you see the time when somebody gets signed and the hype when somebody else blowing up and the songs getting bigger. But these the same girls was once you too, trying to get that hype or get that spot, or get that one record or that whatever that hit or whatever. They were there too, So it's no way to cheat the grind. Fact, you have to grind. You cannot cheat the grind. I don't know people white people think that you cannot cheat the grind. You gotta be willing to put in the work because what you get, what you put into it is exactly what you're gonna get out of it. If you put nothing into it, Please do not expect nothing out of it, because that's not the way the real world works. No, for sure, I encourage you guys like the girls, I like, you know, I push forward for you guys. You guys just need to stay motivated, you know, stay like seriously believe in yourself and know like, if this is what I gotta do, if this is what I want to do, then there's certain elements and things that I have to do to make this work. You have to treat it as such. If it's a hobby, you're gonna treat it like a hobby. If you want a career, you could look at you could look in the industry and tell who really pushing and focusing on careers, who really investing into themselves, who's really putting a stuff out there, who started from there. You probably heard some of these records and probably on the underground or something. They know. Now we go with two years later, Oh, it's hottest record in the city, and but that just comes with work and constantly pushing and constantly like now we're in a bigger space with social media. Guys, you gotta be you gotta be a young girls. You need to be a business woman. Okay, you need to be a business woman. Because you don't have to do business, You're not gonna be able to do anything else. You know, none of this, all this stuff is not gonna make sense, no deals to label, all that stuff is crashing down. So you have to be a business woman in order to be in this business.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we know you did radio. You might need to do a podcast treating. Yeah, no need the baddest podcast.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you. I did learn something as an artist about radio that I had to learn, and even for myself was a learning experience because when I got on radio, people were blowing me up, like play these records and play all these songs. I thought, we're gonna get on there, We're gonna play with what we want to play Like that we got up there, they had a list of what the higher up, So this is what you're gonna be playing. You ain't playing your favorite I would have playing beyond say all day already kick me on radio, No, we're not doing that. There was a list of that what you're gonna play. And I had to understand it because even myself as an artist, I this is ti I'm able to tell, you know, girls, and like we were sensitive about our stuff. And when you were artist and you're not getting radio play your songs and the red people just think you're gonna walk up and just your song get on radio play because that's the record. It don't work like that. It does not work. It does not work like that. And when you when you're an artist and you behind the scene, I mean you're not behind the radio scene. You don't know you understand the power of radio. You argue with your label, you're mad, you feel like you're not getting exposed to why it is no radio play? Why this that I hear this record on the radio all the time. You don't know the dynamics of what goes behind that. And I learned that myself, how much bag is behind let's talk about that. And that's what I had to learn and I understood. So I knew, like, oh, so this what happened to my record that was on radio? And they did do this? So this what And as just being a mature artist and going how the season seeing it, I understand now. I totally get it now, And so many artists don't understand that. They don't have a clue. They haven't even got to that level even wanting to understand what that means. But radio it definitely taught me that.
Speaker 2: And them play them playlistens and all that ship play listening radio, Yep, you gotta pay for We.
Speaker 5: Could not just getting I was getting d M. That's just right on my Facebook. Play these records and plays. I'm like, oh yeah, we're going in down the playoff. Oh no you're not. You ain't playing none of that. You're thinking, like what, no, no, no, no, this wasn't playing in the advertisement.
Speaker 2: They're gonna play them songs and advertisements and you're gonna talk in the breaks.
Speaker 1: Already already rated.
Speaker 5: All you got to do is show up.
Speaker 3: Well o training much success to you. We appreciate you coming to Big Facts. Sure you check out her book The Baddest the Movies on the Way, and of course tap in with Trina and check us out to a triple W dot Big fatspod dot com.
Speaker 1: Exactly, it's Big Facts, no cap Fitch mhm.