Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The pass cornerback. J C. Horn went out from Pro Football Focus of their top ten cornerback rankings. This is what happens when you let nerds who never touched the field feel like they no ball man. Pro Football Focus rank him twenty fifth in the NFL said Horn is talented, but it's struggled with injuries in the NFL, despite being the league's second highest pad corner. Horn ranks twenty third in Pro Football Focus at advanced coverage grade over the last three seasons and twenty third in standard PFF coverage grade of seventy nine point six across the past two sauss Gardner's won, Pat ser Taddy's two, Trent McDuffie is three, Jalen Johnson, Darryl Stanley Jr.
Speaker 3: It's five.
Speaker 2: DJ Reid is six, Marlon Humphrey is seven, Kristin Benfred is eight, jah Ere Alexander is nine, Denzel Ward is ten.
Speaker 4: In fact, let me let me tell you something.
Speaker 5: The fact that you know this list isn't correct, the fact that Denzel Ward is all the way at ten.
Speaker 2: But then okay, let me ask you this, Oh Joe, who you taking off this list and putting jac Horn in front of what number.
Speaker 4: Wait, see I needed I can't. I can't see that from me, Run me, run me the first team real.
Speaker 3: Quick assaults gone.
Speaker 4: There's one pass trip flip, but go ahead, okay.
Speaker 3: Trip.
Speaker 2: McDuffie is three, Kansas City, Jalen Johnson Barris four, Darryl Stingley Jr. Tight Texans five. DJ Reed he's with the Lions, Knight. If I'm not mistaken, he's with the Jets. Last year, he's six, Marlon Humphrey, Baltimore Ravens seven, Kristin Bedford, Buffalo Bills, Hey y'ah here, Alexander nine, Green bay Denzel Ward ten.
Speaker 3: Now people on that list who you taking off and putting them on.
Speaker 4: I mean they disrespect. I've watched everybody. I watched everybody who said play.
Speaker 5: And I'm not talking about just watching them on Sunday them talking about I've seen film of them actually in practicing what they've done, and I've seen the game film. Now DJ Reid, I don't know much about. I don't know much about DJ Reid. I'm gonna be honest. I haven't seen him play. I haven't watched him. So if I was to take anybody off it'll be DJ Reid. Excuse me, I mean, no disrespecting Young Bull. I'm sure Young Bull is good because he's on there.
Speaker 4: For a reason. But I know and I've seen J C. Horn play yeah consistently.
Speaker 6: I'm a big Stanley fan man Hey Stingy the real deal way Stanley fann Man.
Speaker 3: I love.
Speaker 7: I love the way the way you play.
Speaker 6: You know, he reminds me of like well football used to be when I was in there watching it with my grandpa as a kid.
Speaker 7: I love his in it you had to bring.
Speaker 6: But honestly, when he come to these lists, sometimes I'll be trying to understand what's the criteria with some of these things, Like what are they coming up with? Because sometimes it felt like they picked somebody because they got a bigger following on social media or something.
Speaker 7: It ain't got nothing to do with they ned, So.
Speaker 6: I'll be trying to figure out where where does this stuff come from?
Speaker 2: I agree with you, O Joe. I think Pastor Tan for me, is the best corn in football.
Speaker 3: Uh. Stingley obviously had a magnificent season.
Speaker 2: Trent McDuffie, he's never made an All Pro team, don't I think he's made one?
Speaker 3: Let me take that back.
Speaker 2: I think he's made one, but I don't think he's ever made a Pro Bowl. Uh. He's sensational, especially in the slot. Sauce, we know what saut Field. Sauce was a defensive Rookie of the Year. All these guys are phenomenal. We know Marlon Humphrey is not as its not what he was was on the outside. But in that slot. Yeah, Beffert really came into his own last year. We know y'all here what he is, what he represents at Denzel, a fluid, smooth transition.
Speaker 5: Looks really honestly, I mean no disrespect what Denzel. Denzel is top five right now. I'm talking about in the entirety of the league. You know, forget this list.
Speaker 3: I understand.
Speaker 7: I think he top five, oh chart.
Speaker 5: Hey, when we talk about a technique merchant, I'm talking about Okay, technive, it don't matter, it don't matter who he playing. Well, he can party, and he's switching up based on who he playing against, too. He gonna play everybody different. So I'm sitting there watching him depending on Okay, let's say when they play the Bengals fences the way he played T Higgins, he played Chase different and I'm sitting here watching this man I'm talking about it's like art. It's like watching art because he had a different post depending on who it is every single time. Then the naked eye, the casual fan can't see it, but I'm looking at it. I'm like, what the and I'm in to my to me, hey, I'm him like Seim, I'm looking like but damn. The defensive coordinatoring in Cleveland and Cleveland give him that much freedom to be able to do stuff like that. Normally, when you get out there and lineup, you line up the same way the same time based on the coverage, the coverage of the defense that's called.
Speaker 6: Now, what you like, how you think you would have reacted if he would have been guarding you? What you would have did too?
Speaker 4: I would have turned that twenty one to twelve.
Speaker 6: With me.
Speaker 5: I respect Hey, listen, I told I forgot where was at. Might have been Super Bowl or something, or I sat there and told him. I told him about plays.
Speaker 4: He did though.
Speaker 5: He is a tremendous man, the man corner boy, especially him, Bump. I talk about technical signing when the ball is now. He never paned man. He played up all your elite ball skills him and stingy, but got some of the best ball skills along with certain I've ever seen brouh.
Speaker 6: No, That's why I like Stanley so much, for exactly what you just broke down. And that's why I got quiet because you speaking from experience. I'm speaking from a so you looking at it from you actually playing the game. I'm looking at it as a fan. But what I see with Stantley is kind of what you just explained. He plays different players difference. He can kind of play both sides of the field. He get to it, he get off his line fast, So I rock with him.
Speaker 4: He nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like God. I like God to travel.
Speaker 2: Uh. You know, you look at Sauce and Pat, they're kind of more They kind of like the tall angular guys.
Speaker 3: Pat sirs had is so smooth.
Speaker 2: He transitioned extremely well, the way he can flip his hips. For a guy his size, it's hard pressed and you probably won't find a guy because.
Speaker 3: Sir Tanna's like six two.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, ain't no, ain't no, yeah, ain't no six foot he's six foot no, no, no, he's six two. Maybe even tall Denzel Wards maybe not that tall. But they kind of got sauce. Pat and Denzel kind of have the same body type. They're like Finn framed. But but uh CD is like as good a technique for someone he has good a technique like now Revers had some techniques.
Speaker 7: I was just thinking about Daryl Reeves when you.
Speaker 5: When it comes to playing the position, when it comes to playing dB, I've always said that.
Speaker 4: I've been saying it for years.
Speaker 5: I think dB is the hardest position on the field outside outside of the quarterback. Reavers got the patience at the line of scrimmage of Sally May because you know everybody.
Speaker 4: Still owe them loans for years and years a year.
Speaker 5: That's the kind of patience I spoke God, that's kind of patience Reavers got.
Speaker 3: You can take all the moves you want.
Speaker 4: He not moving, He's not budging until you go.
Speaker 6: Move.
Speaker 2: You forget it.
Speaker 4: Might he might not bite the second move.
Speaker 2: Doc Hey, O Joe, you can, Oh Joe, you could do all this right, You do it all this right here that you will.
Speaker 4: Still waste because your waist ain't going nowhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: Shout out to Josh Norman too, man, Josh, you need to lock there as well.
Speaker 2: Jared Verus troll pooking the coure for looking like Lord Farquhar.
Speaker 3: Watch this, y'all, I don't know.
Speaker 2: We have famous people in the building now, scheg it out, schigure it out, schig it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Lord Funk partners, Mom got Lord Funk. That's that's what it's all about. That's what Joe, that's what you missed.
Speaker 2: All that joney that goes on in the Ota, that goes on in mini camps and training camps and all this is what you missed.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: You can't where're gonna get this from, Joe? When you leave the game, where you're gonna get it from, You're not gonna be around.
Speaker 4: It's impossible. It's impossible.
Speaker 5: You try to listen, you try to recreate it with your friends that have nothing to do with the game of football that you've known all your life, but it would be I feel like being in that locker room.
Speaker 3: Nothing.
Speaker 2: Nope, all right, Sember, we're gonna get to your favorite We're gonna get to some NBA news.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Five seasons with the Knicks, Tom Fibodeaux went to twenty six and one seventy four led the Knicks to the playoffs. Four times, including back to back fifty win seasons, including Eastern Conference Finals appearance for the first time in twenty five years, advanced to and they advanced to the East Finals. That wasn't enough, even Rick Carlisle said today, when I first saw it, I thought it was one of those fake AI things.
Speaker 3: No way, there's no way. Simber when you.
Speaker 2: First heard the news, you read it, he's like, man, they fired TIBs.
Speaker 3: What went through your mind?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 7: I kind of expected it. I kind of expected it.
Speaker 6: I feel like Tibbs And no disrespect to TIBs because he's a legend, but I feel like his style of coaching is a bit outdated. I feel he kind of looks for things that the game doesn't call for anymore, and he doesn't really go deep into his bench, and by the time his players get to the fourth quarter, they gassed. And we kind of seen that in the playoffs. We've seen Indiana kind of running him back and forth. He tried to get deep in the bench. In basketball, just like football, anything of sports, it's a game of rhythm, you know what I mean. So you can't just throw somebody in the playoffs when they ain't been playing all season. In the third quarter and expect them to knock down shots. So I think Bruntson could definitely benefit from a different coach. The Knicks could. And I don't see I've seen what you guys are saying the other night. I don't see why Tim's kind of brought Caddy in if they had the same issue back in Minnesota. I kind of don't get where that came from. But I think the call was a good call. It might be a bit confusing, but I think it was a good call.
Speaker 2: Hey, and the wake up oh you read this, and the wake of Tims fired. More reports have come out about the Knicks coaching staff. Multiple Knick players have reportedly been unhappy with the presence of assistant coach Rick Brunson, who happens to be the dad of Jalen Brunson per Hoops. While multiple Nick players have been unhappy with the presence of assistant coach Rick Brunson, who happened to be the father of star point guard Jalen Brunson, what that issue is exactly has not been determined. Those sources suggest that Rick has too big of a say in things.
Speaker 4: Well is he probably gonna be the interim coach or maybe the coach said that step.
Speaker 2: Now they're gonna have a new coach. He ain't gonna be there in them, he ain't gonna be nothing.
Speaker 4: So you don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I don't think they're gonna give him the job. I don't think if they would have better, I think Leon Rose and Worldwide West, who runs the Knicks for Dolan? They're looking, Is it gonna be Bootenholzer, Is it gonna be local? Is it gonna be you know one of these guys? Uh uh? What's Mike.
Speaker 4: And Letter say? The funny thing about it is is Timms.
Speaker 5: Tims led the the Knicks to one of their greatest not greatest season, but he took them very far. It's been a very very long time since they've been in a game of that magnitude or a series of that magnitude. And when you look at the records of the past coaches, I mean, he's done the best.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 4: I agree with see him based on what out come.
Speaker 5: You know, the little bit of basketball knowledge that I do have is he does running players into the ground, and they wore tie it. They were tired, especially when they got to the back end of the season. The back end of the series. Yeah, them boys ain't had no legs.
Speaker 7: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: But let me ask you a question.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's like, oh man, they lost to they lost to the uh, they lost to the Pacers. Had they had they lost to Boston, would you're still a fired Because I think the thing is maybe maybe beating the beating the Celtics, who's the defending champs, Maybe that set them unrealistic expectations because now, man, we knocked off Jason Tatum and Jaylen Brown, the team that won the champions just a year ago, won sixty games, and now we lose to the Pacers. But if you go back to look at the places, they got five six guys and double figures every game. That's what they do. They're committee. So you don't know who gonna light your ass up. For one or two games. It might be si Okam. Another game, it might be niemanth another game, it might be Halliburton. So you you it's hard for you to determine, well, who do we take away?
Speaker 3: Who do we take away? So I think that's what happened.
Speaker 2: I think once they beat the Celtics, everybody's like, oh Nick, oh man, Nick going to the finals. Yeah, oh, we got the Pacers. The Pacers just beat y'all last year in Game seven on y'all home court.
Speaker 4: I was one of them people too, right there.
Speaker 2: My bad. This was this was this was a worst matchup for the next because the thing that the Pacers do the Knicks don't do well is get back on defense. If you look at the Pacers, they're looking to run, make or miss. They'll take it out, take it off the rim, or take it out the net. You saw the last game on Joe the Dicks make a basket and in one past they Pascal Siacame is euro step and laying.
Speaker 7: Them all up up the floor.
Speaker 2: So and you look at it. So now you got Cat and people can play. They were complaining about Cat playing defense, when if you known Cata the defensive guys. So what you gave up getting Michael Bridges all those draft picks, you weaken your bitch, and in the process of weeking your bitch, now you got the ride. Guys got to play guys extending minutes in the regular season, and you overload.
Speaker 3: Them come playoff time.
Speaker 2: He expanded it, but if you remember the first Coming series, he was only playing seven guys and then it got to the point he played eight nine guys, it's too late, too late.
Speaker 3: Agree.
Speaker 6: I agree, I think and New York might tear me up for this, but I think Boston lost that series more than New York won it. And what I mean by that was, we didn't see great coaching from Tims. In the first two games. We seen Boston get comfort the bull and the Knicks make an incredible comeback twice.
Speaker 7: We didn't see great coaching and great tactics.
Speaker 6: And I think Boston kind of just like what you just said, how the Knicks felt about the Pacers felt that way about the Knicks, like, oh, we got the Knicks, we got this, it's easy, and they kind of got comfortable, let their feet off the gas, and they suffered in the long run.
Speaker 2: Well, what happened was that they're shooting all them damn threes, and you see what happened. Now, when you make them, that's great, But what happened when you miss them? And now they don't because they've been so successful making those threes come crunch clutch time, they can't run no sets.
Speaker 3: They still jacking them a bunch of threes. And you see the Knicks.
Speaker 2: Operating every time, they getting lay up, they getting whatever they want to get. Man, I mean teams like with Damn, I probably we should We probably should have lost to the sel Things because I do believe, and I could and I could be totally wrong, Sam, but I believe because they beat the Celtics they had unrealistic expectations.
Speaker 3: They thought they were gonna have a cake walk to the NBA Finals.
Speaker 6: Yep, I totally agree with that. Let me ask you, guys this, where do you see Tibbs going? And what do you think is the nixt head coach for the Knicks.
Speaker 3: He Well, you got some guys out there.
Speaker 2: You got Mike Malone, you got Bootenholzer, you got Frank Vogel.
Speaker 3: Hell, give Sam can sale chance. You know what about Mark Jackson?
Speaker 7: Bring Mark back?
Speaker 2: He played in the guard. He's from New York. Uh, I'm trying to think who I'm trying to think Who's who's a hot hotare Stephen Smith? Steven Day and tried to Steve They tried to coach no basketball.
Speaker 3: I was like, look, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, Sam, Mark Jackson, even hell, you don't even hear Mark Jackson ain't even mentioned for coaching.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it feels like they completely pushed Mark Jackson out. I think Mike Loan would be great for New York. I think his style of coaching would be great for the city. It'd be great for Brunton. But I also think they got to bring somebody else in there that can knock down some shots. So Brunson ain't controlling the ball so much because I feel it slows the offense down when he's doing that in the fourth quarter, and sometimes when Anononobe is getting going, or Cat might be getting gone, or Bridges might get going. Now Brunton kind of comes in and he takes the next four shots and it kind of gets everybody out of rhythm. So I definitely think they got to bring in another ball handler or score or something to help complete it.
Speaker 2: Hey, what about the name mentioned I Doka, Jason Kidd. Both of those guys have current jobs. Jay R. Brown former coach Walk Mike Brown like Luke walking that now. I just saw him on somebody. If you with the Cavs, I saw him somewhere.
Speaker 7: New York could tell Luke Walton up on.
Speaker 3: The pistols. Yeah, that's why Jammie bicker Staff.
Speaker 2: But you got Bootenholzer who lost the job got a job, got fired. You have Vogel who had a job, got a job, got fired. Mike Brown got fired after he had just signed the contract extension. Budenholder had another four years left on his contract. Vogel had another four years left on his contract, I mean eight. Matter of fact, it.
Speaker 6: Feels like the last ten years of coaches of the year got fired.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: It got to be the right coach to to deal with that New York atmosphere. Everybody ain't built flat, definitely.
Speaker 2: H Draymond Green says he was rather losing the first round than the NBA finals. Black Sports Online tweeted about Draymond comments, said, I can call this my Lebron theory, and you.
Speaker 3: Can use it for any elite player.
Speaker 2: It is better to go undefeated in the finals then and go to a bunch of finals and lose. If Lebron was pouring on in the finals of the pools to four and six, would the perception be different if the same thing was really symbol What do you think?
Speaker 7: I agree? I want, I want thousand percent agree. Man.
Speaker 6: It's it's that's a tough thing to do, right. You gotta think about you guys played professional sports. Think about all the thing that goes on from on the field off the field, right, and to win a championship or even to get to the finals playoffs let alone, y'all got to be on one accord, you know. So to constantly keep getting there, that shows the signs of greatness. Whether you keep failing or not, you still keep getting there. Everybody like to talk about Mike getting there six times and him winning the six rings and everything like that, but he also had a road of trying to get there. That was a process. Lebron kind of got there a little faster. So I agree with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because Lebron before and knowing the finals as opposed to four and six now, that's still four wins.
Speaker 6: If you have people say le Bron got five rings, if you ask me, I count that in season tournament.
Speaker 3: Because here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Sim Let's just say, for the sake of argument, Lebron got four rings in twenty two seasons.
Speaker 3: They're gonna say, what do you do in the other eighteen seasons? Go to the finals? So I get it.
Speaker 2: It's just like, look, social media and social media has its place.
Speaker 3: It's done a lot of good.
Speaker 2: It's made a lot of people famous, it's made a lot of people wealthy beyond expectations. But I think the thing is is that now everybody is a general manager, everybody is a coach, everybody is a player personnel direct that everybody is a former NFL player, or former NBA player or MLB player, and so it gives everybody. Everybody has an opinion now, whereas before a lot of these guys it'll been very injury. If let's just say we started, we're gonna start social media in the eighties and.
Speaker 3: Everybody could have an opinion.
Speaker 2: When Jordan was getting bounced in the first round, I wonder how they would take that if he's the best player and he to go, because they're crying him to go to nineteen eighty nine they said he's the greatest players we've ever seen.
Speaker 3: With no finals appearances.
Speaker 6: And the crazy thing about that, I just seen something the other day. I think, what was it NBA did to deal with NBC in eighty nine or something like that, So we didn't even get to see like those first couple of years of July. Where's the tape of everybody talking there like we see highlights, Like we didn't get to see everything.
Speaker 3: So it's like, no, you didn't see you didn't see basketball game.
Speaker 2: There was not a whole lot of you didn't get a child for you to watch basketball during the week.
Speaker 3: You watched basketball on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Got you now once the playoffs started, okay, that was a different story. But I grew up in the era where the games would tape the lay even the NBA Finals, the playoff with tape the lady, you didn't get an opportunity to see those.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: So and when it first started, the first round was the best two out of three. You win two games, and then you advanced, and then you went to the semifinals, and if you won three out of five, the best of seven wasn't to the conference finals and the NBA Finals.
Speaker 3: And it used to be you.
Speaker 2: Got three shots to make two by the free throw line, so once you got to the bonus, you got three shots to make two. Yeah.
Speaker 7: See, I think bron Bron would have dominated in that era.
Speaker 6: It's just like if we look at it, like the role Lebron had to travel, Right, we're talking about somebody that's coming in from high school eighteen eighteen years old, all his criticism on him, and this is like when the internet is kind of coming into his age, absolutely got an opinion on him. Mike didn't necessarily have to deal with that type of pressure. Now, Mike did deal with people outside the hotel rooms waiting. No, I mean newspaper articles. But like you just said, with social media today, it's one thing. It's a bittersweet thing. Everybody has an opinion, but everybody opinion is invalidated because they haven't done it right. I can't come to you and tell you I think you wrong about anything in football.
Speaker 7: I ain't never played in the NFL. Who am I to tell you?
Speaker 6: As a fan, I could give you my opinion, and that's what I always try to speak.
Speaker 7: From from a fan perspective.
Speaker 2: Right when we're.
Speaker 6: Talking about people that did it at a high level, sometimes you just got to shut up, you know what I mean, and listen to what the greats is seen.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's not very often that an eighteen year old gets to come in he's the number one overall pick and they're handing the keys to the franchise. They said, okay, we're gonna go. We're only gonna go as far as you take us. And now he didn't have a whole lot of experience. He didn't get an opportunity to go to college and learn on a legendary coach.
Speaker 3: He didn't. I mean, think about what he had.
Speaker 2: He came from a single parent home and he bounced around, so everything that you see, he's kind of like had to had to get it on his own, like tal and he hadn't had you know, Uh, he hadn't had any missteps for the most part. Yeah, you could say people like, well, what about what about the decision? Well, the Girls and Boys Club got five hundred thousand. That wouldn't have missed that exactly because guess what, somebody wanted to hear it. I tell you what, if you think it's missed that, if he wasn't who he was, tell somebody else to have a decision, Yeah, and see how they get covered.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm totally with you. I think, in my opinion, bron is the greatest to ever do it. I think he went up against some of the greatest talent, right like Dwight Howard, We're talking about Baby Shack and his prime, Like, you gotta go up against that seven games, right, you gotta go up against the San Antonio Spurs.
Speaker 7: So he beat the Spurs you.
Speaker 6: Know what I mean, Like they had to go up against the Dallas Mavericks, who was incredible. We may not look at them as the most athletic team with them as a team, the Dallas Mavericks around that time, they were incredible. And then to top it off, Kevin Durant the Warriors. Yeah, you know what I mean, everything we had to go up against.
Speaker 2: Where would you And that's what I always tell people of all the NBA champions where would you rank that seventeen eighteen Warriors team? How many teams in history would you have over them that. Let's just go back to the nineties. When Jordan won his championships. What team did he face? Was the seventeen eighteen Warriors for the Seattle No? Was it Utah?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Was it Portland? Was it Phoenix? I'm just trying to figure out. And so you looking at it, look, I mean think about it. On that team you got Steph and Clay, I mean Stephan Draymond All seventy five team. You look at Portland, not Portland, San Antonio, Tim Duncans All seventy seventy fifth Anniversary team, Kawhi seventy fifth anniversary team. Uh mine was not a seventy fifth anniversary guy is I don't think so Tony Parker's Tony Parker won. I don't think Tony Parker won. Yeah, But but they make it seem like the the only, the only, the only, the only team that I.
Speaker 3: Think they should have beat.
Speaker 2: But when you go back and look at it, the Mavericks swept, see people sweep this out of the rug. Sim that Mavericks team swept the Lakers team that had just went back to back.
Speaker 6: I just said, we we forget about that because they weren't the most sexy, they wasn't athletic, but that was a great team.
Speaker 2: They swept the Lakers that had just went back to back.
Speaker 3: They had a gentleman's sweep on OKC.
Speaker 2: But still, for me, I think that was the only time that that Lebron has probably been favored and he didn't win, and.
Speaker 7: It's it could have.
Speaker 6: It was a thing I truly believe of him and d Wade didn't know who team it was yet, so I think that case, I think they was looking for each other the lead and kind of who was going to take the lead, and it was kind of getting too late by that time.
Speaker 7: The Mavericks had already won two games.
Speaker 2: Right, Adam Silver on the NBA All Star Game next season and the Clippers into it. Don't the All Star Game will feature some form Team USA versus Team World. All Star Game now will be in the afternoon instead of the evening.
Speaker 3: You like that change, Sam.
Speaker 7: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I feel like All Star Game is it's been a tragedy.
Speaker 4: The past few years.
Speaker 7: Oh man, it's been a tragedy.
Speaker 6: And I think when things keep becoming a tragedy and you keep trying things and it's not.
Speaker 7: Working, just go back to the original way.
Speaker 3: Just go away.
Speaker 2: But the thing is, though, to them, they don't play anymore, see them, I don't want to see no games team in the NBA. They scoring two hundred points, Sam, But you know now all of them is dunks and threes.
Speaker 3: They ain't playing no defense.
Speaker 7: But you know why that is?
Speaker 2: Hunh?
Speaker 7: You know, like I know, those weekends ain't about the game no more.
Speaker 3: Nah, part of the city it used to be about the game.
Speaker 7: They not coming in there.
Speaker 6: Anthony Edwards had about nine events on Saturday, seven, on Friday, three, on Thursday, a brunch on Sunday before the game. I'm tired, man. They got me doing all this. So they got a final way to bring the events kind of down, a little bit of something to get these players time to kind of enjoy their families, enjoy their week off, and show up on Sunday raid to play and play.
Speaker 3: They gotta play. But oh ya, I said this.
Speaker 2: I remember when I when I saw this thing going left with the Pro Bowl, I said, they're gonna cancel this before you know. Nah man, Now, I said, I'm telling you, they not finna keep paying y'all this money they paying y'all.
Speaker 3: Oh jo they payed them one hundred thousand just to compete.
Speaker 2: I remember, and we was, oh, Joe, you went shortly after I left the league, y'all probably was making fifteen twenty five tops.
Speaker 4: It wasn't that much.
Speaker 3: Now they mak it.
Speaker 2: Now you get eighty, you get a one hundred thousand if you win, you get fifty seventy five thousand if you lose.
Speaker 3: Ain't got Now they out there playing touch football.
Speaker 2: Now they've turned it into a flag football, and they got all these festivities where you know, you try to hit the bulls eye and you hit a movie like come on.
Speaker 5: I was thinking back back then when we played on I mean everything, it was about competing and it was competitive. Maybe might have been an All Star game, it might have been a Pro Bowl where you know those that were selected. But when it was time to play man, hey, Sam Boy, it was real. You know when Kobe and them boy and then shock them boys when they made off when it was they had All Star game, Oh they was finna play.
Speaker 4: I feel like too.
Speaker 6: It was a different level of focus in your time because it wasn't so many distractions, so everybody was kind of like zoned in on their craft, zoned in on what it is they did. So when they came to play with the OCHO right when Charles Woodson got a guard, Oho, you want to prove his point out there?
Speaker 3: And I tried to prove mine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now, I TOLDO, I said, look, when I went across that water, I was looking to light somebody asked up one on walk if I didn't want you to think you get back to the mainland and could cover me. You couldn't come me across the water. You can't come me on the mainland. So don't you come with with that bull drive NOWA that's but I was just like and and and and and the thing is like you said, now it's a layup or three boy shot.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 2: Oh, but I said, bro y'all, y'all quit the hollow. Jordan, y'all quit the haller. Kobe, y'all don't say nothing about it. When it comes to the All Star Game, y'all don't mention Kobe or Jordan. But y'all quick, that's all about They was killers. Yeah, okay, when y'all goosed to be turning some killers of the doll Star Game.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think it's just a different time now.
Speaker 3: Unk.
Speaker 7: Like, Man, I've seen this.
Speaker 6: Shout out to Jason Crow Junior, a young player coming up out here in California. I went to one of his games, and I've seen a few players and they was just talking and one of these kids was like, as long as I get.
Speaker 7: An nil deal, I don't even work worry about going to NBA.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I was like, man, like, the competitive nature of just grinding and wanting to achieve your goal and that process is gone now because these kids getting so much money. You go to some of these colleges, the parking lot look like a Ben's dealership, like it does.
Speaker 3: It's different.
Speaker 2: It ain't it, ain't no more, ain't no more scat pass, no hell cast and all the track halts, them jokes got ferrari, they got lamboles, they got colored in there.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 5: I'm like Daniel, listen, Sam, that's a that's a short dream. You short changing yourself. The big dream, the big money.
Speaker 4: I mean it's a n I l A that's gonna do.
Speaker 3: That's good money. That hey, that hold yo, I'm trying to get the fifty set up.
Speaker 5: There got the mill until you see everybody else you played with getting two hundred fifty million and you talking about some man.
Speaker 6: She speaking speaking of that quick question for both of you. What's something from you guys's childhood that fueled you'll work as it.
Speaker 3: I ain't have no running water, that'll do it.
Speaker 2: Going outside with the mosquitoes biting you, and you gotta take raid and spread to keep the mosquitoes off you, and you gotta put a you gotta put an overcoat on to go go out in the woods. That a motivation you. You ain't got no indoor plumbing, you ain't got no running water, you ain't got no air condition.
Speaker 3: That a motivation you?
Speaker 2: You? I mean you go like a warehouse and they got seamen floors. That's what we had. That a motivation. You got a tin roof and you can look up and you can see the sun. That a motivation. Sometimes an empty stomach, it's all the motivation you need.
Speaker 5: I had kids early, bro, I had kids early, and obviously my dream. My dream was to play in the NFL. And I put in too much work as a little shorty, as a legit.
Speaker 4: I had to make it. I told myself, I'm gonna make it to the league.
Speaker 5: I remember telling coaches in high school, remember telling teachers I was gonna make it. They told me I was never. I never was gonna mouthed nothing. I needed that he gave me and gave me a little chip, So I'm gonna make it. Obviously, and having kids early shady, I got to take care of these kids.
Speaker 4: He had no choice. And I wanted to be good at my craft. I wanted to be good. I didn't need the best.
Speaker 5: But whenever I left the game, people gonna say, boy, he was one of the one of the best to ever played.
Speaker 4: That that was that was motivating.
Speaker 2: An empty stomach and an empty wallet. What more motivation you need?
Speaker 3: With fact?
Speaker 4: And they ain't need somebody else too.
Speaker 2: You know what you need? That's it. Your Grandma's like a hey boy, ain't got no lights. I ain't got no phone, the phone off because you can't pay a fifty dollar phone bill and they ain't got no lights.
Speaker 3: So you know you gotta you gotta.
Speaker 2: My grandma gotta jug some stuff around and you gotta make it do until she can come up till the next payday. Yeah, oh yeah, all right, son, you got to go go out there and get some ads because we ain't got no eggs. So now we got to go out there and get eggs. You gotta find agg you got to run the gens off.
Speaker 3: The eggs man.
Speaker 5: You know that I hate sem and it's people that you know it needs to be done right, but you're with your friends to do it. Like there's no self motivation. You can't get nothing done unless somebody else is doing it with you. But that means you fooling yourself, you fully.
Speaker 7: And I used to I used to have that same problem.
Speaker 6: I used to have that same problem because I was afraid of feeling, and I was afraid of feeling by myself. So I was like, I either want to win with somebody or we fail together. And one thing I had to learn is like that don't bless me, you know what I'm saying. So you might bring in the wrong person. You might have the wrong person that you're trying to walk into a situation that he don't belong in.
Speaker 7: And it's like, God ain't.
Speaker 6: Gonna grant you what you looking for because you bringing you bringing damaged goods to the table of what I'm trying to set for you. So I had to I had to learn how to develop that confidence for myself of just sitting in that studio writing and being in this room and you know, looking at my son in the face like I'm doing it for you, bro, I'm not doing it too because I'm afraid no more or bringing all these people with me for validation because I'm afraid of what might happen if they're not there. Like now, you got to get up and go do it. If you failed, just fall forward and get up and keep going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember happening when I had dreams about being something and it wasn't a whole lot of people in my dream. I'm like, well, damn, I guess he tried to tell me something m I wasn't supposed to bring a whole lot of people with me.
Speaker 3: M oh Man.
Speaker 2: Even even the biggest planes can only carry so much of a load. Even the biggest planes, oh Joe, even with the biggest cargo planes, there's only they can only carry so much.
Speaker 7: Oh, that's so that's so true.
Speaker 3: My mom.
Speaker 6: My mom says something to me the other day to stick with me. I was telling her she was trying to introduce me to somebody, and I was like, my own't even like meeting too many people no more, because they come around with these expectations and they think you're supposed to do something. And I remember wanting to be in this space and be like, when I get my shot, I'm never gonna be mean or turn people down.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna take every picture. But people take that for granted.
Speaker 6: And my mom says, I was like, it's hard for me to get along with people to now I feel like they don't understand me. And my mom said, uh, she said, she said, when you growing, she said, it's not that people don't love you. When you're growing, you hard to understand. Right, If someone hasn't tried to grow, you're going to always be hard to understand because they stuck at where they at and you're trying to go somewhere else, and they may see that as all you changing, and because you not adopting the ideologies they have now, you feel like they feel like you devalue them when it's just like, nah, bro, it might be a better way we could grow together. So that's something I had to learn right there.
Speaker 3: Uh, it's tough.
Speaker 2: It's tough because you know, a lot of times you want to the people that were around when you didn't have anything. But a lot of times those people their minds doesn't grow like yours grow. They think just because they're around, they're supposed to always be around. But at some point in time you can look. I understand, but there has to be value that comes along with something. The New Orleans Pelicans will continue to move forward with Zion Williamson as the face of their franchise. Per Joe Dubars, I've had some real artist conversations with him, some real direct and honest conversations. We're going forward with Zion. He's going to continue to be the focal point as we go forward.
Speaker 6: Sim Since Zion and Milwaukee, man, you gotta you gotta get it. Not for your honest let him go play with you, but you gotta get him out of New Orleans. You got all that good food out there. You gotta what's that place? Dragons?
Speaker 7: They got that, the big oysters over there. You got.
Speaker 2: The crab, the crab.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, you got all that good food. Man, get Zion where they got vegan options.
Speaker 7: You gotta get him.
Speaker 6: You gotta get him out of New Orleans immediately. I think the run is done. I think that the time has come for them to kind of blow this thing up and let him move on.
Speaker 7: It's over with.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 5: Oh Joe, Hey, you know, we we talked about Zion in length, you know, for a very long time now, and he hasn't spoken at all.
Speaker 4: You know, We've all had our opinion.
Speaker 5: Obviously. I want to see him playball. Whether it's New Orleans, I don't care. I don't care where it is. I just want to see him on the court because I know what he can do once he's out there, when he's healthy. Whether whether it be New Orleans, I'm not sure what's gonna happen. You know how this business works, and mostly the players have all the levers. So unless he says he doesn't want to be there. He's going to be a Pelican. If he's going to be there, I just want to see him on the court. Pro that's it.
Speaker 2: It's hard to give up a superstar, trade a superstar unless you're going to get one back in return.
Speaker 3: And that's why the star, he's a star. I'll be a star player.
Speaker 2: I mean, it looked we had they like, damn, we had a D, we lost a D and the next year we get Zion.
Speaker 3: Ain't nobody, ain't no stars coming to New Orleans.
Speaker 2: And so that's why when these small market team when they when they land one of these big fish, they try to hold on to him as long as they possibly can. That's why Milwaukee bending over backwards, trying to make sure, what do you need you need ten Harley Davidson's we'll get them for you. What do you what do you need? You need an Airbnb and and and and and and believe we'll get it for you. Because think about it, you go Kareem and then Kareem leaves. I think in like seventy six, seventy five, seventy six, it's thirty years before you get Yannis. So it's not You're not La. You got Will, you got Jared West, you got el Jim Baylor, you got Kareem, you got Magic, you got James Worthy, you got Kobe, you got Shot, you got Lebron, you got a d Now you got Luca.
Speaker 3: It don't work like that for it don't work like that for everybody, see elf.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So when I get a guy, I'm gonna do everything I possibly can.
Speaker 3: So Cleveland got Lebron. They a.
Speaker 2: You want to build us? You want you to be Okay, we'll build our trainshial close to where you living Afrod Okay, cool, no problem. You want access, no problem. You want your mama to sit here, no problem? Because what's the likelihood of you ever getting another Lebron James? If you Cleveland. So with that being said, you move heavy and earth and you do everything you can to make sure they're happy. Look, I agree with you, o, y'all. I just wanted to be healthy. I wanted to be healthy for two years in a row because I believe he can turn the corner. Because Aillan can't be more than what twenty five, yeah, twenty four, twenty five.
Speaker 7: He's some He's somewhere around there. Somewhere.
Speaker 6: But I'm telling you, Unk, in order to keep them healthy, you gotta get them out of New Orleans.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: You gotta get them some vegan options. We gotta get them some Asai bowls. We gotta get them healthy out there, Unk, Like, we all want to see them ball, we want to see them play, but it's always been a dilemma and they just they can't seem to get it together.
Speaker 2: Well, good luck with that, Joe, dude. Look, Joe Dubars has been around the game. He been I mean, he's been around the game forty plus years. He's played with some great players. He put some teams together, and so we'll see what he can do. Euro Cup champion Tel Aviv are expecting to make Russell Westbrook an offer never before seen in European basketball. Should russ accept the money or stay? Basically, he's gonna be on a mid level or a minimum contract. O Joe, sim does he take the big dollars to go overseas or does he stay right here?
Speaker 4: You say big dollars? How much are you talking?
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean, in order to make it make sense, it's probably gonna need to be twelve fifteen millis.
Speaker 3: Not well considered he make four five million in the NBA.
Speaker 5: Hell no, absolutely not, not for someone of his caliber.
Speaker 2: What's the most money somebody's made the European basketball? Can we find that we need to get We need a AI anybody want to advertise so we can just pull that up and it just pop up on my screen.
Speaker 6: So no, I think I don't think Russ need the money. Man, you know, Russ is invested in a lot of.
Speaker 3: Don't need the money.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't think he'll go out there and play for the money.
Speaker 3: And then he don't want to be away from his family.
Speaker 2: He ain't move with his family overseas.
Speaker 3: I think it's white the name. He got kids, he got twins, and that not he going.
Speaker 5: Uh, absolutely not makes no sense. And they couldn't offerim. They couldn't offer him enough.
Speaker 2: Oh hell now, the most money anybody's ever made in Europe is four million dollars a year.
Speaker 3: It's over that. They might as well.
Speaker 7: They might as well get that to me.
Speaker 3: Yuh, look, get up to me.
Speaker 7: I go out there, give them twelve or ten.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I give him am.
Speaker 8: Hey, you know it can get crazy. Now if the Saudi's had a league. Now they oh like they like, they got like they got they could pull you, they could pull some NBA players and fire of there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah you see what Renald over getting man? Please two hundred million a year? Hey yeah, Lebron to leave for two hundred million a year.
Speaker 7: A year, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I going over there, Hey, going over there for a quick for five.
Speaker 7: Years there are here, unc I ain't never coming back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a matter of fact, getting me with no tax I don't think. I don't think. You probably don't play taxes on it. And they gave a jet and they gave him uh uh, what's it called, like a car everything?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they gave a house.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that money over the different man, they got it.
Speaker 3: They got it, big money.
Speaker 2: Sam. But check this out. Apparently, Oh Joe was in the gym today and he was tossing around some one twenties.
Speaker 3: Apparently we got video evidence we got here.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm strong.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to figure out. I don't see no sing I got we got to zoom in. We gotta see it the one twenty because.
Speaker 4: Them could be damn them damn weights bigger than my damn chest.
Speaker 9: Somebody you know what big Yeah, there was some big weights. Okay, oh yeah, yeah, I'm strong now, I'm strong.
Speaker 4: I just like this.
Speaker 2: For it's a it's a life finding. No, we don't do anything less than sick.
Speaker 5: We don't do anything when I go in there tomorrow, right, Tomorrow's legs for me, right, but Sam, just for him, I want to show him.
Speaker 4: I saw Aaron.
Speaker 5: Donald doing one thirties, right, so I'm like, okay, Aaron don' doing on thirties. I know I could do one twenties. I could do five. So tomorrow I'm gonna go to one forties. I'm gonna do a set while I'm fresh.
Speaker 2: You ain't gonna do nothing to me.
Speaker 5: You told me I couldn't do one twenties and I just gave you five right there. But he did it on the incline, do the in class.
Speaker 7: This is mean.
Speaker 3: Look what you mean?
Speaker 2: What the difference?
Speaker 3: It's me? It's me.
Speaker 4: I could do that.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: You keep telling me what I can't do, and I keep showing you I could do it. You told hey, Sam, you're gonna see me tomorrow, right. I'm opposing Tomorrow's leg day. But I just want to show un I could do one forties and I'm gonna do it on inclan because he just told me I couldn't.
Speaker 4: He He sounded like my teachers in high school. They told me. Now I'm on nightcap.
Speaker 3: I mean, there it is.
Speaker 4: He said, he go do it tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I would let it. I would let him have it. He gonna catch me.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna sneak in the Florida one day and catch him in the gym. Let everybody see what I for. What they do? It real bad?
Speaker 7: What you what you're putting up in there? What you're looking like?
Speaker 4: Nothing?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 5: We didn't Listen, we live the same amount of weight. And no, we're about the same size right now, but we live the same amount of weight. Uh Sam, Still right Sam? Right now, I lost I lost about twenty pounds. They got a little something going on right now. But give it, give it, give it, give it. Give me a little bit of time. I'll get past that. I deal with you downed road.
Speaker 4: Listen, you done lost weight and I'm gaining weight. But it's cool, That's okay.
Speaker 2: I still I probably still could do those one twenties. I ain't at the one fifties like I used to be. But give me, give me fifties.
Speaker 5: You do one fifties, Okay, then I do one fifties tomorrow, just to show you where I'm at. Man, you really listen, hey, seem you know not on no funny ship. You could see you can see the frame. Man, I'm sculpting like a like a Greek, like a Greek god.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Good, you really can't see it. And you know my girl be tripping by having my.
Speaker 3: Shirt Offso now I thought you. I thought you had what you call him night cap tattooed on your chest.
Speaker 2: Oh you got to.
Speaker 5: Hooeyut bad damn you? I was he really liked that got tattoo. Yeah, hey, listen, I'm ready. I'm ready for the summer, man, I said, when the summer start.
Speaker 2: Summers June twenty, June twenty first, twenty second official a.
Speaker 3: Boy from what you stopped.
Speaker 7: Summers.
Speaker 6: Here, I see some nice soft legs today. Some's here you see it? What some nice soft legs somesion, ain't I appreciate. I appreciate y'all for having me. Man, big fan of the show, as y'all already know. Love, We're going up tomorrow for the NBA Finals. Shout out to the Payoffs. Scouts Big Watch party tomorrow. Love what y'all doing here at Nightcap. Man, appreciate you, Oh appreciate you. Y'all keep killing, Tell them where we can find you. What are you on our I g we got a Facebook? You got what you two? What you got going on? Tell us where we can find you at the real symbol on all platforms that's th h E R e A L S y n b A. You can find that amongst all socials. Men, and keep support Nightcap because we like to do something before to something.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm talking about, Sam. We appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Man, all the best, continued success when you get some time stop back by gearing for us.
Speaker 7: Definitely will appreciate y'all.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, Oh Joe, we're gonna get you out of here on this one, and that's time for our final seven of the evening.
Speaker 3: It's time for Q and eight. Hey gin.
Speaker 4: Un thing but nice and clean and nice and slow too.
Speaker 2: Quentin Mobley said, Oh Joe was having a season with them one twenty dumb bells today that ball was shaking worse than a woman in the area. Twenty nine hashtag muchee him talking. They making jokes, but I wasn't shaking. I was nice and slow and perfect form.
Speaker 3: Shake it.
Speaker 4: I don't think you know it's funny. I think people don't really understand how heavy that is. Huh. I mean you you see it all the time, You've done it all the time.
Speaker 5: But I think people that go to the Cancil gym where they don't even have one hundred and twenty pounds dumb.
Speaker 4: Bells, I don't think they understand how heavy that is.
Speaker 3: I'm really like that.
Speaker 4: I told you if she.
Speaker 3: Ain't won eighty Uh, doctor Frankie L.
Speaker 2: Bell, behave fam What's one thing today players do better than your era, And what's one thing they'll never touch from your generation?
Speaker 3: That part talent?
Speaker 2: That yeah, it's called it's called technology.
Speaker 3: Show what happens.
Speaker 2: They got better die, they got better training, they got a better they got they got they started from a better foundation. I do think we have a better appreciation, but I ain't finn to see them say, oh, look, there are certain players that were talented, but I'm talking about overall the talent in all sports. Because they got better training, they got better nutrition, they got better technology.
Speaker 3: Just the way it is.
Speaker 2: I mean, think about how Look. Think about when Tiger Tiger nineteen ninety seven burst on the scene. Think about how far he was hitting the golf ball. He's the only one they could do it. Now they got twenty ball, twenty guys, thirty guys. They can hit the golf ball as far as Tiger. Look at the guys when we were in Awe the way Reggie Miller and Larry Bird and Mark Christ them guys shot the ball.
Speaker 3: Man they got got they got free folk. Guy of a team that I shoot the cut off the ball. It is what it is, Oh Joe, I accepted.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you know. Man, my generation we did with did, but they got better technology. Now they got more. It's called advancement. You know how I know. Look at medicine. They don't do surgery the same way. Oh Joe, ain't no guy missing. Your career is not over when you have ACL Your career is not over when you have the killes injury.
Speaker 3: I mean stuff that used to people were done. Now guys come back.
Speaker 2: Kevin. Look at Kevin Durrad. If somebody didn't tell you, you wouldn't know. Kevin Durant came came up. The Achilles injury Lady Red finally back, Uh, Lady Rad, Hey, guys, love and Shallon's tea.
Speaker 3: Who's your favorite Simpson character? Mine is Ralphy?
Speaker 1: Who Quo Bark Yeah, Holmer Bark Leaf, Marge.
Speaker 4: You can't name all of them. We say who's your favorite one?
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying. Ashley was asking me, do I know characters? Look?
Speaker 2: I like the Simpsons, American Dads? What about South Park? Stewie give me, give me Stewie, give me Stewie.
Speaker 7: Story.
Speaker 4: Funny you watch South Park? I watched a little bit of You have a favorite character? You don't know most of them?
Speaker 2: I don't really know the care I used to watch what what's the one that come on m t V? Beavers and Bad? So if I had to say Holmer Man, the Simpsons been, Oh damn the forty they was coming on because.
Speaker 5: Funny and for some reason, the Simpsons are very good at predicting history. But they they're close to it every time. There ain't no goddamn coincidence every time. Nope, you're right, here's her said Uncle Ocho. You were both leaders in your locker room. How would you have handled the Dolphins bullying scandal? If that would have happened in your locker rooms in devil Baltimore, Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, that would have never happened. Ain't nobody. Ain't nobody gonna be saying all that? What what happened?
Speaker 2: They said it wasn't bullying, but there was some racial appitet being being thrown around in the locker room, not to the extent of it. I don't know. I wasn't there, but that ain't what we did.
Speaker 4: We're talking about bullying, win, I know.
Speaker 2: I guess a Richard Richard, Yeah, needle and and and.
Speaker 5: Madam bully, you've grown ass man man in the NFL, you three hundred some pounds, talk about somebody book get your ass.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wouldn't do that.
Speaker 2: But even if it wasn't bullying and wing'na, we ain't gonna be hurling no racial lepodas.
Speaker 4: I don't remember that part. Okay, my bad mm hmm Lillie.
Speaker 2: Well, look, holy they got it resolved. I mean, look, our locker room was harmonious. Did did guys right there? But the fall over you know, they fall in the locker room. Damn training cap. We had to get Tracy. You know, hey, you say the wrong thing or you know something. You know. Hey, look, I think sometimes don't your people think because you make X amount of dollars that some of the same things that will set somebody off that doesn't make money.
Speaker 3: We'll set the person off that make money. And I'll tell.
Speaker 2: You, guys ain't gonna let there's a certain level.
Speaker 3: I don't care how big you are, how old you are.
Speaker 2: Certain guy ain't gonna just let you blatantly disrespect them, because no matter where you are, the number one currency is respect. So Casey Taylor, start, Bench, cutt Duce mcauster, Wark done, Brian m Brian Westbrook, this is for you.
Speaker 3: Uh so ojoe, you got Duce mccollus to war.
Speaker 2: He said, he said, no, no, no, this is no he said for you. I got Algiae, Crumpler, random, McMichael, Chris Cooley. So I got the tight end, you got the running backs. You want me to go first?
Speaker 4: Yeah'm gonna go first.
Speaker 2: You want me to go first, and you're going first. I'm going first. Okay, I'll take you. I'll start Algia crumpler six and one hand, half a dozen the other. I guess i'd go McMichael, bench chairman and cut Cooley.
Speaker 3: But you can go either.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean, I probably should start Bitch Cooley and uh Randy McMichael.
Speaker 3: But I'll go I'll go Algaie Randy or Cooley.
Speaker 4: So I got Duce McAllister, walk Done and.
Speaker 5: Brian west Oh my god, Nah, it's my start is out of Brian Westbrook and and work Done.
Speaker 4: I just I'm trying to figure out which one.
Speaker 5: Because Brian west very simple, egregrated to say the same thing, very similar guy who was a little bit more dynamic. Brian Westbrook was nice. Walk Done was nice as well. They both laid the same and can catch the ball out the backfield.
Speaker 4: Mccallouson was a big back.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, yeah, he is.
Speaker 4: A big boy. I wonder who had the better career at UH at Warwick.
Speaker 2: And that's because you know, Warrick had started at Tampa in Atlanta.
Speaker 4: I remember Dan, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: Well give us a good ass.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm gonna I'm gonna go with. I'm gonna go with Warck Done soon before what he does in the community. I'm gonna start war work done a bench at my bench Westbrook, and I love I love du That's my boy, my new Orleans Saint Dogg.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna cut deuce.
Speaker 2: Damn Circase said, my guys, should Michael Parkson's plays sit out until he gets his contract? Well, look, he's at ot As. I don't know if he's doing it. I don't know if he's like participating, but I know he shows up. He's getting his work out in, probably doing his conditioning, but he probably not doing anything on the field. I think they're gonna get something done before he goes.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: He keeps telling them it is a David Muga letter. Uh is his agent. Jerry is trying to get it. You know, Hey, I cant talk to michaelh blah blah blah. No you didn't you But he didn't do all this stuff. He didn't do this with with that. He didn't try to go to Dak say dad, let's work this contract out. He went through Todd Pratt.
Speaker 4: But he also also what he did is he waited to the last minute.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying he trying to circumvent like he gonna He didn't do that with Tony Romo. He didn't say, hey, Romo, now all of a sudden he want to do that about it is Mike ain't falling for it. If you know Mike. No, he didn't do that with Mike. He didn't do that with Mike. He didn't do that with Emmy. He didn't do that with Troy. He didn't do that with Time. I'm trying to figure out now why he's trying to do this.
Speaker 4: If you know Michael personally, he ain't falling for that. He's not falling for that now.
Speaker 2: Aaron Owens, can I get my birthday shout out? Is my twenty ninth birthday? Aaron, Happy twenty ninth. Hopefully you did so. I don't know if it was yesterday or is it today, because if you're on the East Coast, it's today or it was yesterday.
Speaker 3: But whatever the case may.
Speaker 2: Be, hopefully you have a blessed and enjoyable birthday.
Speaker 3: Celebrate many more of these things.
Speaker 2: Hopefully you did something fun got an opportunity to share with family, friends and loved ones. So happy birthday, Eron and thank you for sporting Nightcap. That completes this episode of Nightcap. We want to thank our special guests Tron Armstead, the pro bowler. He retired after years in New Orleans and Miami. He says, you know what, body just can't take it anymore. I got a standard in which I played to I can no longer play at that level, and the bear La base now talented. My boy Simba Sam. Thanks for stopping by, man, We really really appreciate that. Thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I am your favorite unc Shuton Shark, my partner and co host, Liberty Cities owned the guy that's shadow boxing pro Bowler all Pro. That's Chad Oh your Sinko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the light button, and guys, go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Thank you for your support. Thank you for your continued support. Thank you for helping Nightcap ascend to the heights that we've ascended to. None of this is possible without you, so thank you for your continued support. Please make sure you check out Shaved by Laportier. We have it in stock now. If you can't find it in a city or state near you, you best believe in the next five or six months we're coming to a city or state to you. But in the meantime, if you cannot find it, order it online, we'll ship it directly.
Speaker 3: To your door. Please drate responsible and stay safe.
Speaker 2: Go check out my media company page on all of his platform shape Shape Media and my clothing company with eighty four being spelled out, and my clothing company that's my clothing company eighty four. The Lincolns pin in the chat supplies are very limited now. Once they're gone, they're gone, so please grab yours wild supplies. Last again, we want to thank our special guests to Ron Armstead and Simba.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys for joining us. We'll see you tomorrow night.
Speaker 2: After Game one of the NBA Finals, Indiana Pacers travel to Oklahoma to take on the OKC Thunder. We'll see you tomorrow after the game. I'm un he's ocho. See tomorrow.
Speaker 1: The volume