Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: If it's a power breakfast in the ampten, you go to the Golden Pear.
Speaker 3: Is that what you do?
Speaker 2: Okay, you go to the Golden Pair.
Speaker 1: I don't know if Dan Ey's is at the Golden Pair, but he's out east as they say it's getting into the weekend. Yeah, he doesn't care about the jobs report.
Speaker 2: No, No, not at all.
Speaker 1: With IgE Yorkville, Danies joins us. Right now, Dan, I really want to focus on Microsoft. The amount of inertial force to get that jump condition in Microsoft. Where did that inertial force come from?
Speaker 4: I mean, I think first of all, the market was painting it wrong relative to where they were on the AI revolution, the monetization piece. And like I've said, I mean I believe what Microsoft showed in that quarter. I think that's an inflection point for all of tech because it shows what's happening to monization, the hyperscalurs. It's not just so important for Microsoft, but I think important for the overall sector. And look back, and this is gonna be a monumental sort of turning point.
Speaker 3: Hey, Dan, it's we had SpaceX last night. I'd love for you to frame out what the SpaceX story is now versus maybe what it was at the IPO, because obviously there's been a lot of volatility in the stock. It's obviously a very long term story, and it's obviously a big, big play on Elon Musk himself. What did you take away from the earnings release and the call last night?
Speaker 4: Look, I think part of it is that there's a longer term vision that's ultimately investors that bartering on the IPO. That's the view in terms of the broader AI space story and what Musk is going to do over the coming years. And when it comes to quarters, Look, there's no number that they're going to show that you could say neighbor withood, calm nerves right, given the lock up and just given some of the nervous interest scene. But for them, it's the balance because tap X is how they're going to narrow the gaps open AI and anthroject and that continues to be the tug war.
Speaker 2: Dan did Bill Ackman get this going?
Speaker 1: Because I had the clearest memory in Q one he stepped in with, you know, for Bill Ackman, an odd lot, you know, I mean, it was a a piece of change Yep, five point seven million shares two point one billion.
Speaker 2: That's an odd lot for Bill Ackman's a big one. Did he get it started? Dan Ice?
Speaker 1: It was like, OMG, Bill Ackman's long ostadgy Microsoft.
Speaker 4: Well, I think, I mean Ackman saw around the corner because investors were massively discounting what the monization story was going to be with Azure and I think ultimately counting out Nadella even because some of the open AI stuff and sort of the narrative, and I think it just speaks to him. We've talked about it obviously so much with you guys in the show. This is good. We're gonna have white knuckle moments, whether it's Microsoft, whether it's Tech. But the reality is this earning season shows you you're in the third inning. I can even even say bottom of the second. You almost go back to where this is all playing out. Roative demonization, especially on the hyperscalars.
Speaker 2: Up thirty eight percent from the end of March.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just I mean extraordinary. Hey, Dan, So where are we broadly defined on this AI conversation in the marketplace? What is the narrative in the marketplace? Because we had, you know, big tech earnings last week and a couple of companies stock reacted really positively, and Microsoft being one of them, Amazon and some others did not. Where What's what's the street thinking about AI these days?
Speaker 4: So I'd say, let's put it like a Jenga puzzle. Okay. So the hyperscalars have these good double down in Capax demonization. You now see whether it's outfed Amazon, Microsoft, the software piece, I think Palenteer front and center is showing you the enterprise use cases are accelerated. Even when you look at AMD despite what you saw, it just shows chips. We've said demand the supply twelve to one, thirteen to one. Obviously in video front and center, when you piece it all together and are accelerating the hyper scale or seated, that ultimately is a key catalyst for chip stocks. I think what you're essentially seeing now is that the second, third, fourth derivatives of this AI revolution cybersecurity among others. Now it's starting to spread. This is real and you can't even deny it, Okay, Dan.
Speaker 1: The reality is you're in the Hamptons because he's living large, so we all know that we are Invarians and you know it's like a thing.
Speaker 2: Dan you need to go up the coast to Maine to Roque Bluff.
Speaker 1: Rogue Bluff, it's almost like where FDR Summer Place was on the border with Canada. Like they're more Montreal Canadian fans out there than they are.
Speaker 2: Boston Bruin fans.
Speaker 1: And Dan we got a question here that's absolutely brilliant from from Rogue Bluff's main I hope I'm pronouncing that right. It does the innovation of AI?
Speaker 2: Does it?
Speaker 1: Is it cuitest Does it feed on itself into secondary and tertiary uses?
Speaker 4: That's our whole first, it's a great question, and that's our whole thesis. Is that what essentially happened. It's not about the models open AI and anthropic, it's about the data, the derivatives, the data center, build out, the cap bax but that's going to do the energy and it goes back to like for the first time in thirty years, the US is headed China.
Speaker 1: Okay, industrial guy, how does it? I mean Caterpillar just blew out numbers. You're gonna tell me it's data centers. What's Danaive's X axis for all these tertiary companies advantage by your AI world?
Speaker 4: Well, I think that's where when you look at Caterpillar, you look on the energy side like New Energy Quanta. I'm just giving an example of the companies that are playing into the buildouts, to the data centers, the Cappex buildouts. This is remember for every dollar in Cappex, there's a five to six multiply across the rest of TAP and I think that just continues to be our THEA. And I think this earning season, earnings now caught up maybe just where some shocks were.
Speaker 3: So what's the what's the next thing that you think the streets looking for over the next two, three, four quarters?
Speaker 4: DN?
Speaker 3: Is it more ROI evidence.
Speaker 2: Is it eight?
Speaker 3: Scaling back in Capex? What do you think that the street's looking for?
Speaker 4: Monization? You want to now see like is keing with the x accent. You want to now see go the baton hander from Capex to monization. And I also think there's just a wayser focus what's going on in Koupertino because the consumer AI revolution runs through Rupertina. What they do on the consumer side is by memoryships and everything else that is so important to their strategy.
Speaker 1: Dan is a twenty two dollars Ultimate Breakfast burrito at the Golden Pair Cafe.
Speaker 2: Is that a little rich for you? I mean just a breakfast burrito twenty two dollars.
Speaker 4: Wow, Look, I do think Golden Power. I'd say, are you maybe some of the best coffee in the United States. But I will say that that burrito, you know, I think it's price high, but I think well worth it. You know, for those that have never tried it.
Speaker 2: I mean, the chicken panini is just unbelievable. It's the charge more for that. Okay, you can't even get in the door there half the time, right there, Dan.
Speaker 4: It is, But I mean keen, he would you'd have VIP accents but for you. But for others, the regular people, the non keen, they have to wait out.
Speaker 2: God, can you see me out the happens.
Speaker 4: I could picture it, the bow tie going into Golden Power. I see the scene.
Speaker 2: Bill Ny, the science guy, busted my chops on that wend back. He was like the nerd patrol can go away in the Hamptons. Thank you so much for the prospective