Speaker 1: Welcome back to another episode of Unplugged. She's damned as she does, and she's damned if she don't. Let's take a second right now to have a moment of silence for Washington Mystics owner Shelley Johnson, who suggested that the WNBA as a whole should have been on the cover of Time magazine instead of just Caitlyn Clark, who graced the cover last week, which is probably some of the stupidest shit I've ever heard. And that's no disrespect to the ladies in the league, and we'll get to that, but the Twitter community was quick to remind Shelley that a majority of their success as far as attendance, came from the Caitlyn Clark effect. Over thirty one percent of the Mystic's entire attendance was in two games the Caitlin team played against the Mystics. The Sparks, the Aces, the Mystic, the Dream all moved games when Fever came in town because of the attention that Caitlyn and her teammates have drawn. That last season, Fever's jersey sales was up one thousand percent and attendance was up two hundred and fifty percent and they had the largest attendance on average per year, just over seventeen thousand per game. Let me say this, Kaitlyn Clark deserves all the flowers. I think she took a lot of shit and and a lot of skeptics coming into the LIGA. She should like she had to really prove herself, missed out on the Olympic opportunity, and really had a lot of hard knocks early on in the season where she was getting beat up and her teammates were just watching her. I think the comraderie that locker room grew and that team started playing together and made the playoffs, made a nice little run and had a solid season. In the article the Time article, Caitlin obviously accepted the you know the honor, but Austly was quick to pay homage to the black women of the w's past who helped pave the way for herself today. So Kaitlin is someone who has, if you look at it, done everything you're supposed to do and has been criticized along the every step of the way. Again, she's damned if she does and she's damned if she doesn't. While the NBA's ratings continue to drop over thirty percent as they try to figure out who is going to feel the shoes of Lebron James, Kevin Durant, and Steph Curry. The WNBA has a golden goose sitting in their league and has done it's gotten better, but has done everything to kind of discredit the momentum and eyeballs she's brought to this game. And I'm not saying her alone because there's a lot of talented players. She is not the best player in the in the league. I think obviously that goes to Asia Wilson, who is a three time MVP, and there's a ton of other very talented players. But Caitlyn has brought a ton of new opportunity, a ton of new eyeballs, and more money to the sport. So instead of downplaying the magnitude of who she is and what she's brought, enjoy the ride and take advantage of the ride, and do everything you can do to show the fan base why they should have been watching before Caitlyn came. Along with that said, let me welcome to the show, my guy, Trevor Reza Trevor thoughts on the impact that Caitlyn has made.
Speaker 2: On the WNBA man first of all, she's she's unbelievable talent. You know, the things that she's doing is is great in her own right. She's creating her own space, her own she's doing her own thing. But if we had to compare from what we've seen from the NBA, it would in her effect probably something similar to Larry Bird. And you know, people want to bring race into it or whatever. So if that's the case, I think Larry Bird would be the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there has been and and and we can tap into it enough to cut you off, but there has been because obviously, you know, Angel Reese also deserves a lot of you know, salute and respect for you know, her finding, her laying and the audience and eyeballs she's brought. But Angel has spoken up and talked about the racism she's faced, you know, and I think there and I think what's made this great crevice. Their storyline started in college, you know, I mean when they played against the National Championship and Angel did her thing and and and held the ring finger up and got a bunch of shit. But it was just ship talking back and forth. Neither of them, you know, had hard feelings of that, but you know, Caitlyn. I think they set the record with nine point nine million, So I mean, I think they started back in college, you know, with the National Championship game in twenty twenty three, nearly ten million viewers. The Iowa South Carolina game was the first time the women's game has ever had more eyeballs than the men's game. You know, So this is something and what's made this great. And I think what the NBA lacks the storylines. And obviously Caitlyn coming in has a storyline, Angel coming in has a storyline, and then as you follow the storylines, you start to see all the talent in this league.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they're doing an amazing job with, like you said, telling the story and the players are actually doing their thing when they get there. Yes, you know, like you mentioned these couple of players, but Caitlyn being the one that we're speaking about right now, she is kicking everybody's ass really or I won't say kicking everybody's ass, but she's doing her things.
Speaker 1: She told her as she's definitely holding you know, holding her own her I mean, you look at it, and it's similar to the stuff effect, you know what I mean, the ability to shoot the ball, from anywhere is always gonna gain eyeballs. And I think, you know, obviously the W is taking a hit because the the I want to only say lack, but just the athleticism isn't there like it is on the men's side. You know, although there are some you know women dunking now, but the ability to shoot that ball from deep has captured all basketball by storm.
Speaker 2: Well she's you mentioned Steph, and it took Steph a couple of years to get to that point, yep, and she's coming in and doing it as a rookie. So you know, her following the machine of college and everything that she's bringing to the game has been great for the game, especially because years prior to their league wasn't doing as well as far as revenue, and now it's starting to catch up and do the things that you know.
Speaker 3: We hoped that it would do.
Speaker 2: As we all now we're starting to support women's sports.
Speaker 1: When you see the people say it's not just her, there's other players, and again we're not destructed. We understand that the depth of talent in that league, but when you also see the numbers that back up the fact that Caitlyn has a huge effect Kaitlin Clark is responsible for nearly twenty seven percent of the WNBA's league wide activity in twenty twenty four, including attendance. One in six tickets sold to the WNBA arena attributed to Caitlin Clark. TV viewership was up three TV viewership was up three hundred percent with Caitlin Clark. The league's merchandise sale jumped nearly five hundred percent with Caitlin Clark ranking number one. I mean, obviously surrounded with all the hype and all the talent and all the hate, do you see any similarities of when Caitlyn's come in the league to back when Broun. I think you were in college back then, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was in college. Roan came into you. But we're the same high school years. So Bron has been he's been, This has been who he's been since high school. So, you know, not as timing. Know now that social media is like huge, I think it makes it really, really really big, But that was like a legend because it was TV, right or news newspaper. Yeah, you know, so it's different. So I believe Bron's thing was a bit you know, bigger, because it's more like a.
Speaker 3: Legend old school. Yeah yeah. And with the.
Speaker 2: Social media thing it, you know, everybody could just pick their phone up. Everybody has the phone, everybody has social media, so you know, and whatever that engine is, you can just click on it it or show up in your algorithm. So, you know, I think that the push is different, maybe the different eras, but I guess it would be.
Speaker 1: The same, similar, similar to just the manitude and the attention the game has brought, probably the hate both of them have faced. But you know, I wish you're nothing but the best. I wish the league nothing but the best. I think they're on a great although they still lost money this year. I think that is going to start to change as the game continues to grow. These players be continue to get more attention and obviously honoring the women that came before the sheryff swoops to Tina Thompkins and Lisa Leslie's, you know, the Don Staleys, all these ladies that kind of helped put this women's game on the map professionally in the United States. And this is where the Angel Reeses and the Caitlyn Clarks and you know, you look at the great Diana Tarassi, you know, Asia Wilson who just signed a nice, big old deal with Nike. Congratulations. You know, they continue to push the game to the next level, you know, and you look at where the NBA was and now where the NBA is at now, and although everyone doesn't agree with the style of play, these guys have taken it to the next level as far as the business of basketball. And I think that's what Caitlyn will affect as the business of women's basketball. Man, So we wish them the best. Uh, definitely excited to see uh these upcoming seasons and these women continue to do their thing. We had Keyon Dooling, one of your former teammates on the show last week, and he just had a crazy, crazy interview overall, but his story about this NBA health health healthcare fraud that happened and he had to sit down for a minute. We just saw, you know, Glenn Davis, you know, just sat down and I think he's down for a little over three years. Uh. Let's take a look at this clip. A bunch of NBA brothers went down with the health insurance situation. Our brother Glenn Davis, yeah, just sat down and a few other people. But talk to us about how that came about across your plate and and why you chose to participate in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, you know, I try to be very clear on the fact that it was just a bad judgment. It was a mistake, it was greed, It was trying to you know, navigate in a in the wrong way. You know, I didn't wait on God for opportunities, you know what I'm saying to open up for me. I saw not even an opportunity. I won't call it an opportunity, you know, I saw a lick, so to speak. Right, Obviously, we had the supplemental supplemental Benefits card. You know, if you played long enough, you have a lot of money on that card. And that's supposed to be for you know, medical dental vision.
Speaker 1: Not only you, but your family, yep, and your.
Speaker 4: Family, and you know, if you don't use it, you lose it. And I saw it sitting there, and I saw, you know, it's a it's a it's a brotherhood.
Speaker 3: Lead or whatever.
Speaker 4: And I'm not pointing a finger at anybody, but I got exposed to it. You know, cash was moving around doing that, and I decided to do it. And man, one of the worst, not one of the worst the worst decision I made in my entire life, and you know, I embrace it. You know, I'm apologetic for it, and you know what I mean, Like, that's why I'm open to speaking about it, right, because I don't want anybody else to put themselves in harm's way. I don't want anybody to bite that apple from that tree in any way, shape or form. And so I decided to do it and made that mistake, but I did my time for it. Did eighteen months in federal custody, ten months in six months halfway house, two months home confinement, and I'm here right.
Speaker 1: So, Trevor, you know, we've heard the horror stories of back when we were in the league, and you know how older players have, you know, mismanaged money and not done well for themselves. And I think as the game has progressed, the business of basketball has grown, financial literacy has grown, and now obviously the money these younger players are making, they have to find something to do with it, you know. But our era was I think I want to say the last air because I think every air is going to have a few people. But you know, guys hit hard times. You've been someone who under the radar has been very active in investing and taking care of your money. And what am I resisting temptations? I'm not saying you haven't have fun, but you've been really smart with your money. What if some advice you would give to younger players or even older players that are on their way out that didn't really catch this wave of crazy money, right?
Speaker 3: I guess the advice that I would give.
Speaker 2: Again, everybody has their own lane, everybody has their own things that they believe in, what they principled in. But no, it's the most important word.
Speaker 1: Even to your family. And that's the hardest know you ever have to say.
Speaker 2: For sure, not just you know, you got to teach people exactly what money means and how to use it. I would know who would guess, but you know, kind of You don't have to impress nobody. Nobody is wanting to be impressed. Anything that you want comes with hard work and how you treat people. Actually, money really doesn't really do anything. It's the relationships that you build and how you know, how you manage and take care of those relationships.
Speaker 1: I think you touched on something which is huge today is trying to impress people. We live in a social media world where you see a lot of fake. The fake is real, and the fronting is real, and the bullshit is real, and people are chasing after something that's not even true.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: So yeah, all you guys, man, it was up and down. You know, my first handful years, I spoke on this openly, like I was broke at the end every summer. And it wasn't even that I was doing crazy shit. I just wasn't really making the money you think we That shit is forty percent off the rip, especially if you live in Cali. They taking that shit, So it's not necessarily what you see. So man, take care of your money, understand your money, make your money work for you. And yet, like Trev said, one of the most important things is being able to say no, and that shit ain't easy. Trav Zion, the word is trade talks are on the table. For Zion, six year in New Orleans, has played under thirty games the last three seasons. He's on pace to do that again this year. They're five and twenty two. They were projected to win forty six games this year. Dyson Daniels was recently traded to the Atlanta Hawks, and he said that organization is cursed. I'm so happy I'm not there anymore. You played there. Thoughts on the organization and is it time for Zion to just get a new start. And we're not saying that the organization is the reason why he's not playing, but sometimes people need.
Speaker 3: A fresh start.
Speaker 2: It is probably time for fresh start for him, you know, like you said that he hasn't played over thirty games and all three seasons.
Speaker 1: But it's crazy to think that this is your six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so half of his career he's been. He's played under thirty games, and you know, for competitors or people that I love to play the game, which I'm sure he is, that's got to be frustrating for him. So a fresh start, fresh medical staff, a as training staff, new people that you see every day, that could reignite something for him.
Speaker 3: Because we expect a lot from.
Speaker 2: Him as fans, as you know, colleagues of his, we expect him to, you know, to do great things in this league. And you know, although we've had small sample sizes of what he can do, we expect more and for more games.
Speaker 1: How much of this is on him, though, obviously we can say because you know, Baron Davis played there nearly twenty years ago, and he said, you know, they don't care about winning or the health of their players. They're kind of like the JV team. They share the same resources as the Saints and you know, the Pelicans to get the leftovers. With that said, because I played for the Clippers when the Clippers were a dog shit organization. We used to practice Southwest College and we used to leave the back doors open so people wouldn't break in our cars. Like there's the organization is supposed to supposed to set the tone, but when they don't set the tone, it's a different story. But how much is obviously him kind of really locking in and buying it. I mean this this off season, we saw he had slimmed up and it looked like he was really in shape. But I mean, how much is this is on Zion too. You got to get on the court and find a way to stay on that court, right.
Speaker 2: He definitely has to take accountability of, you know, taking care of his body or taking or using the resources that you know are available to him, especially the older players. When you see players like you know that have the bigger bill, that's able to play for a long, long period of time, and then we got anomaly in bron who's played for ever and he has played know over way over thirty games and.
Speaker 3: You know, high minutes.
Speaker 2: So you know, he got to take responsibility and not using his resources and finding out what he needs to do to get himself better. And since I've been you know, I've played in New Orleans for two seasons and we used to play at the Ilario Center, which was trash.
Speaker 1: It wasn't up to par for NBA standards for sure, nicely put.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: When I guess I was a part of the team that the owner lost the team, so we were owned the team owned by the NBA. Right, So, yeah, the team has gone through some struggles and it's had some fuckedi times, but once the Benson family got a part of it, that the stuff got better.
Speaker 1: And the Benson family is a team that owns.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure what's going on with them now, but yeah, you know, when I was there, I've seen the transition.
Speaker 1: I hope. So man, again, like you said, we've seen flashes of Zion's greatness and you know, the double double machines and the records and the field goal percentages he was breaking, and we just haven't got to see enough of him, so we hope that he can either figure it out there. But again, like Tramp says, sometimes a chain of scenery is needed. And now that he's on the trade table, man, there ain't no telling.
Speaker 2: Sorry to cut you. But I think and I feel like a lot of teams are missing. It's really good vets b been through experiences and has been around the league for a while or seeing what other players have done that are similar.
Speaker 1: And even if they can't contribute on the court, they contribute so much off the court. I mean, you saw what Miami did with you Donnas and obviously what Golden State did with you know, Iguodala. Outside of letting them go then coming back, that's are important. And I think the league is so young now that you know everything is you know, must perform type situations. But when when I came to the league, there was thirty seven, thirty eight forty year old dudes that some played, some didn't, but they were so instrumental to the team and helping people, being bridges between the coaching staff and the players and just kind of giving you game and life and breathing on you as they would saying I definitely think the league as a whole. Uh missus that if they designated just one more roster spot to vets, but.
Speaker 3: They better fucking figure it out.
Speaker 1: They got to shit, the got too. They got to man. The ratings are down people, you know, they think it's bad basketball. You have to jump on every streaming service to catch different games, or just they make it hard to watch basketball and hard to like the game, right, I mean, I love the game, but I'm be honest, I really haven't really been paying attention that much this season. I'll start paying attention a little bit later. Obviously I follow sports and I'll catch a game here and there, but I haven't really been locked in on it, just because it's not exciting to me right now.
Speaker 2: What's the storyline? Yeah, what's the drama? What's the feel good stories? Worthy things?
Speaker 1: Who's next?
Speaker 3: Who's next?
Speaker 1: Like, who's gonna step out there?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Ant?
Speaker 3: Is it? Jie?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 3: Is it? Luca? Is it?
Speaker 1: Tatum? Is it? By committee?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: There's just so much unknown to a game we loved, in a game where it was so popping back when we played it. It's crazy I saw stat was it? Did anyone else see it?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Since twenty twelve, viewership is down like in the forties, like forty percent overall game.
Speaker 3: Who's the villain back to the community is shit.
Speaker 1: I was a villain right now.
Speaker 5: League is the new ship, the ship that we loved and grew up and was by committee. We didn't start putting like these seven stars or like the face of the league like he used to be one or two.
Speaker 3: It used to be about.
Speaker 5: Teams, Yeah, Bulls, Lakers, Celtics, and they had their individual personalities.
Speaker 3: Now I feel like it's more individual.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's because I think, not to cut you off, I think it's because there is no stars are freedom to move, and I think Aman Shepard spoke on this in someone's podcast the other day, and I don't know the exact words I'm paraphrasing, but he said something to the fact that you know that the bron I don't know if you said ruin, but he's the first superstar obviously to jump to make other stars think it's okay. So to your point, it's not like you root for teams anymore because guys aren't there long enough to really root. There's a handful of that. You know, you look at staff obviously, and and Tatum on his and but stars are moving around, which is in some aspects cool, but in some aspects kind of lose your I'm I'm a Cavs fan because Bron's been there his whole career. I'm a Laker fan because Kobe's been their his whole career, and so on and so forth. That you just don't really have that no more. Well, someone that will be the number one pick, not this draft, but yeah, in two years, ajdbansa n I l crazy bag seven million to go to BYU. He'll only be in school for probably four to six months. Trevor, I know you've seen him play, but thoughts on on on just can you imagine going you could use only UCLA for one year? Could you imagine for the six months use at UCLA? If they gave you seven minut to go there? Man, would you have made it? I for sure would have made it.
Speaker 2: But man, that's a good point you bring up, because I guess it all just depends on what your goals are and what your focus in your circle. In your circle, and if your goal is to max out in the nil, then you know you're selling yourself short, especially if it's only for one year. If you have potential to be, you know, make seven million dollars in one year, that means the potential of the crazy that you are crazy you making a million dollars, fifty or sixty million dollars a year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: And again when you look at how much money the players are making and where you know the salary cap is going and where the max is going. Players got a chance to make seven hundred million dollars, So that would be That's the goal I would try to push to my kids.
Speaker 3: That's in that space.
Speaker 1: I mean as a father, as who has a son who is one of the top ten juniors in the country who I'm sure nil is. How do you keep Taj? I mean we've heard Gil with Arena speak on this and how he's kind of keeping the nil away from Elijah and then trying to keep that focus. Sometimes that's easier said than done. How have you been able to help Taj navigate you know what this new basketball because the startom is starting so much earlier now and obviously the money is pouring in now.
Speaker 2: Too well as as like Taj experiences journey, he's starting to experience more and more people pulling at him. My message is always going to be the same. Shut everybody out, focus on your goals, focus on getting better every single day. Only work on your game, and work on and pay attention to school. Everything that you want will come with you putting the work in to what you're doing, the things that you love to do. You know, try to sharpen up on your tools and your skills, make yourself a better person. And by time you look up, you don't even know what's going on. You already killing the game doing things that you just love to do. But just pour it into yourself, point to the game and everything else to take care of it.
Speaker 1: So keep the first thing first. Yeah, if for guys that and I think you funny. It was interesting what you said, you know, max out in the nil space for these guys that don't have guidance and leadership. You know, I didn't come from a family had any money, so you know most of us came from that. So you know, can these kids keep the focus, the drive, and the dedication they need with no real guidance around them. You got to think I remember getting the little twenty five hundred dollars pail grand three thousand dollars grand in West. But you and you couldn't tell me nothing, you know what I mean. So I couldn't imagine having a half a million, you know, one point two one point three as a seventeen, eighteen, nineteen year old kid with no real guidance, Like I wonder that the long term effects. Are we going to see a lot of burnouts? Are we going to see a lot of bus because everything that these kids are getting now we had to fight for and didn't get to the league. If we got it before, we risked our whole careers.
Speaker 3: Well, we've seen it with some players.
Speaker 1: Mike we see them. I think Mikey was one of the first imani Bates. Some of these guys were some of these first nil guys and you see his talented there. They still haven't really cracked that and got to that next level obviously. Then is in the G League.
Speaker 2: We also seen players get to get the money and do well too, like LaMelo. You know LaMelo, I remember bro driving Lambos and all that grade or.
Speaker 1: Or you know that whatever years he was driving, was moving very professionally and he's murdering Pops was on his ask though. Yeah, guy, Plus he also have brothers. You know that was paving the way for him. So it just depends on again, what your goal is, who are you competing with? And you know, like Doling used to say, what's driving you? What is your what is your driving force? I just wonder what the future college basketball is going to because it used to be muskwatch TV, march manags used to be the shit, and it's still cool, but it's just not what it was because there's so many other avenues now for kids to be one and done or go overseas for a year and get to the league. I think everyone's in such a hurry to get to the NBA when they're not necessarily ready. But on the flip side, I fought the NBA because it used to be a little bit of potential and a lot of talent. Now it's purely potential. They draft off like they're drafting kids that are averaging six points and five rebounds in the top ten now, or they've played overseas and it's certain like they haven't proven it yet, And I think everyone in such a hurry to get there when they're not ready. And that's why I feel like, and I say there's all due respect, because there's a ton of talent. I think this generation will be the biggest bust because a lot of these kids are going too early and then they can use another year or two under their belt. You know, you look at Bronnie and I'm not saying Bronnie's going to be bust. We don't know what Brini's going to be. But Brinnie could have definitely been in front of it from another year at USC or even two. Amani Baits could have spent some more time, you know. So it's just like there's a lot of these kids that are so fast to get there, and the NBA is a welcoming matt and then at once you get there, you were like, oh shit, this is real. Yeah, and no one can hold my hand no more.
Speaker 2: Nah, No one definitely is holding your hand because everybody is professional, so everybody is competing for those spots, and if the turnover is so fast, you're not getting a chance to actually get a chance to develop because potential only lasts for so for so long. And these young boys are you know, they're they're they're coming in really young with the young mentality, and once you come to a professional space, nobody is really holding your hand like that no more.
Speaker 1: They're gonna let you fuck up until you fuck yourself up exactly.
Speaker 2: So just getting people around you in your corner that's going to keep you accountable to to growing and growth is uncomfortable all the time. So if you stay in a comfortable space, you're not really growing.
Speaker 1: Trip, man, We appreciate your time. Thanks for stopping by.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: We'll catch up with you.
Speaker 3: Soon for sure.
Speaker 1: Yep, right now, I love to introduce mss Bella Ivory. She's a teacher at Beverly Hills High School. Her lawyer, Brad, and a concerned parent. They had an incident about a month ago, now six weeks ago.
Speaker 6: It's been a little bit over a month.
Speaker 1: Yet a little bit over a month ago that I saw on social media when Trump was declared the next president, and it was probably leading up to this is just what I saw on social media. Kids were storming the halls with Trump flags and harassing, intimidating, shouting slurs and really kind of just running amok. And I saw it on social media and I sent it to my assistant and I was just like, I need to find this teacher and shout out Pharah. Within like three hours, she had found some information on her and we connected. And I think the reason why this touched me was because you know, I've talked about BEFOREMS on my shows. I faced a lot of racism in high school with the KKK burning down bathrooms and hanging mannequins and swastika. So I have a soft spot in my heartfor situations like this, and when I saw this situation, I immediately wanted to connect and help any way possible. So we're here today to kind of let my audience know and put more light on what's been going on pretty much right under our nose. So Bella, I want to give you the floor and just kind of explain what's been going on that day, if there was stuff leading up to that, and currently what's going.
Speaker 6: On well leading up to it. It's been a problem. It was already a problem at the school February twenty twenty two, I had students with me being the only black female teacher at the school, and it's been like that whole time I've been there since twenty twenty. But in twenty two I sent an email to the principle and I told them we have a diversity issue because the kids were coming to me there were, you know, disclosing things that was happening to them within the classroom and just around campus. So it's been going on. It's been lingering for a while. It's just gotten progressively worse and leading up to the fifth of November, that's when the incident happened with me and I had seven other black kids in the room with me, and I guess there was some type of Trump rallies or whatever going on campus. I was not privy to that information. I didn't know that was going on. So me and the seven black students were sitting in my classroom.
Speaker 1: Is this lunchtime or during class?
Speaker 6: Okay, during lunchtime, so we were sitting in they were having lunch.
Speaker 1: That's a pretty common thing. Like we talked off camera that very few black teachers there, but you're one of the ones they feel safe and comfortable with. So your room is kind of a hangout spot.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, okay, and not just for the black kids, but for all kids, but in general. But I was I started heading the VSU, which is Black student union, last year, so this was my second year doing it. So of course I've gotten a whole lot more close with those kids. So they were they came in. They had a little pot luck the week before. I was not there. I was sick. They were telling me what happened. So during the potluck, while they were having their potluck, it was kids coming in. Just they came in, they bombarded their potluck, was taking their food. And so I told all the other students, Okay, we're going to have a conversation. I'm going to close the room off and let's talk about it, and you guys tell me what happened. I saw closed the door. When my door was closed, it all the way. It locks. So we're in there talking and all of a sudden, close to the end of lunch, we started hearing noise outside the door, and I was like, what's going on? So I ran to the door because where my desk is, I can't see the door. There's a window in the door. Ran to the door and I'm looking out the door and I see a bunch of kids, a bunch of white faces outside the door and they're just screaming, you know, f kamala. And someone banged on the door. That's what really got me to get up and say what's going on? After I heard the voices, soone banged on the door. Then I heard someone try to open the door to come in. So I ran to the door to look what was going on and it was just a bunch of kids, a mob of kids outside my door. And so the kids that was with me in the room, I did not realize that they came and ran behind me and was looking outside the door too, and so we heard another pale on the door. So I was holding tightly onto the handle of the door, and one of the girls said miss pella, miss pella, please don't open the door. So when I turned around, I saw the kids behind me and I said, okay, I said, I'm not going to open the door, don't worry, and she yells out, oh my gosh, they look like KKK. And I said, don't worry. I'm not going to open the door. And so the kids start walking and I'm like, and I'm looking out the door, I'm like, what is going on? I saw a teacher, I saw security guards, and at the end behind the mob of kids, I saw the principal. So I'm like, what in the world is going on here? So after that happened, if you see the footage, the camera footage, because there's a camera a security camera right above my door. I waited for a minute. I opened the door for a second. I looked out of closed the door again because the kids were like, please, don't open the door. I said, you guys are gone. I'm gonna outside and see what's going on. So I went outside. There was another student out there and he was recorded. I asked him, I said, did you see what happened? He said, I recorded. He said, do you want to see me? I said yeah, I said, can you send me that to me? And so that's what happened that day.
Speaker 1: So you saw a teacher, you saw security, saw the principal behind the kids. You've obviously taken your issues up with the school, and you've spoken to administration and kind of, you know, said what you've been seeing and feeling, and how's that been met?
Speaker 6: There was nothing. It was dad silence from twenty twenty two up until the school year. So I don't nobody approached me, nobody said anything about it. I said something about it again. Actually last year, at the beginning of the school year. Last year, I bought it to I actually first told him man. I bought it to the attention of the district. The following year. I mean last year, at the beginning of last school year, still nothing.
Speaker 1: So these aren't necessarily isolated, and so this kind of seems like just the environment you're in. I mean, we were talking before and one of my producers, his son has faced this, and he's been talking to us in a group, and I learned like there's nigger passes, Like they go around asking black children, can I have a nigger pass? And most of them kind of unreally knowing what it is or not wanting to stir stuff up, kind of nod the head. And now these white kids and Persian kids are freely just saying nigger anywhere. There's swastikas found in the bathroom, and what it was?
Speaker 6: A swasaga on my desk.
Speaker 1: A swaska on your desk.
Speaker 6: I wanted, not my desk, but one of the in your classroom, one of.
Speaker 1: Those tables in right now, I want to bring a concerned parent who has a student at the school who has obviously faced some of this, and told me a very interesting story about polling middle school kids and who they voted for and if you voted for if you didn't vote for Trump, it was an issue, So speak to kind of the experience as a parent, someone who actually graduated from the school in the late eighties, but now as a parent with a student there and your concern level.
Speaker 7: So at the middle school, it has been brought to our attention that kids were polling as they were coming to school after election to see who voted for Trump, and if you said anything other than Trump, the kids were kicked, slapped, they were basically assaulted. Some kids in fear of seeing what happened to the other kids lie so that they wouldn't get hit. But then there was also the whole isolation. Oh, you can't sit here, you know, just total, total, just chaos and these kids can't even vote. Is coming from that home, This is coming from the household, and it seems to be okay. It's common nature as we see that incidents are happening at both the middle school and the high school, and there are some rare incidences even at the elementary school.
Speaker 1: So this is a district. This is a district, So this is bigger than just these three middle school, elementary and high school. This is a bigger issue overall.
Speaker 7: You feel it's a Beverly Hills community issue, It's a PD issue. Brad can speak to that. But there are over one hundred concerned parents of all races that have come together and addressed the district in a letter, and we're still waiting for a proper.
Speaker 1: Response, Brad. So now this has turned into a case. I know Bell and I have been speaking a little bit of at the journey of the case and the school's stance on her and really trying to discredit everything she's seen and heard and the students have said, So speak to me currently where you guys are at and kind of your guys's plan of action.
Speaker 8: Sure, we start with a governmental claim that's the precursor to a lawsuit. We filed that. I now have three different black teachers who have come to me for representation.
Speaker 1: From the school from Beverly Hills High School, and there isn't too many black teachers there right, I have most of them, more than half.
Speaker 8: And about the parents of about ten different black students have also spoken to me about the problems that their kids are facing, being called racist terms, being physically attacked and threatened as well. So this is a very serious problem. The school has been aware of this for many years, and the district has been aware of it, but they don't take any action. So what happens is it keeps escalating. Now, schools are where children learn how to behave as good model citizens. You would think that Beverly Hill's school district would want to teach their children. You don't say these terms. Everyone is equal. Racism is wrong. But when they take no action, when they deny it, the school is saying everything is okay to do racism, and it breeds hatred and it turns children that could be saved into racist adults, which has all kinds of problems for society.
Speaker 1: It's so wrong. I mean, I think, obviously we all know, being parents and teachers, this is a learned trait. Just as love is taught, hate is taught well and obviously I think it starts in the home, and then, like you said, if it's not met with any kind of repercussion, it continues to fester until it really turns into something a belief. Again, I wanted to have you guys come and speak today because there needs to be something done about this.
Speaker 8: And you know, it's not just the school in the city of Beverly Hills. I happen to be representing one thousand and eighty five black individuals that have been racially profiled by the police department too.
Speaker 3: I'm doing that Hills.
Speaker 8: We have two different class actions now. And what happened is ninety two percent of the people arrested on this task force were black in a city that's less than two percent black. Wow, and you've got one thousand and eighty eight black people were arrested in a two year period. Only three of them had any criminal conviction or plea deals. So everybody else was arrested, put in jail for a driving wall black and then they were just let go. So it was clearly an attempt by the city.
Speaker 1: To keep black black people at it right.
Speaker 8: And the school is just more of that same symptoms.
Speaker 3: So it's a big problem.
Speaker 8: That's why this is we're so passionate. My law for Brad Cage law is so passionate about going after them.
Speaker 1: I got to connect with my guy. I always filmed the police and he's been Uh, he's actively in Beverly Hills, white guy who is debunks everything. He's talking shit to police in their face and not even in a negative way, just kind of reminding them like what you're doing is wrong. He's always filming them and it's a really interesting guy who's drawn a lot of attention, so we definitely have to talk to him. But Bella, before we get you guys out of here, how has this been for you personally? Obviously teaching is something you love to do with your passion. You told me you're not sure if you're even gonna most likely return there. So what has this been like daily? Since it's really kind of hit and went public.
Speaker 6: It's been hard. It's been really hard. It's I've been attacked like endlessly, emails and emails. I've got a death threat in my school email address. It's been very hard. Would I go back if it was just going to be me and the kids and doing what I've been doing? Of course, I love what I do. I'm not a teacher by trade. I didn't go to school. I went to school to be a fashion designer. So that's what I've done. And so then I bought the fashion design program too, I wrote I started that program. Everything before me, it was no fashion design program at Beverly Hill. So it's my baby. But because the climate is it's.
Speaker 1: So dire, I just to the point where it's unsafe.
Speaker 6: It's very unsafe. My son. He's in the middle school and he's been homeschool now because I'm afraid for his safety. So I just feel like, if they can't protect the kids that I love at the school that aren't my kids, but there are my kids because I love them, how are they going to protect my child as a parent.
Speaker 1: Who still has a young son there, Like, what are your guys' conversations day to day? Is he scared?
Speaker 7: Like, So we've talked about leaving the district because we're new to the district and I would have never enrolled my child if I had any inclination that this was the climate that I was bringing him into. In fact, I asked the principle, how many you know black parents, how many black kids? How many black teachers? And I feel like I was misled in that in that I was told by even the parent ambassadors who do the tour.
Speaker 1: All your kid will be fine.
Speaker 7: I made it very clear I am concerned about my kid being in a diverse and inclusive environment. I'm okay with him being a minority as long as this a collective environment. And I think I was misled, completely misled. So we've been having conversations about what it looks like to you know, to go somewhere else.
Speaker 1: His grades dropped.
Speaker 7: Even his algebra teacher said that she saw a decline in his grades. And it's not just my child, it's all the kids that are struggling fight or flight. There's kids who have been physically attacking or hiding in bathrooms because they don't want to engage, or they'll go to get counseling, but the counselors don't look like our kids. So it's a constant conversation. It's the middle of the school year. We just want the district to do what the district is supposed to do. And Bella's program is a shining program. They use her program to recruit families. Like when I toured the school, every time I toured, they went to Bella's classroom. She has a capstone program, and so I feel like they need to do more to protect her and to protect her program.
Speaker 3: It's just bad.
Speaker 7: You don't want to be here. But then you're also like, if I don't and fight for a change, what's going to continue? So maybe maybe this is why we're here to make a change.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I said, that's why I stepped in, was to help make a change, bring more attention to it. You know, I've already talked to Tamika Mallory, I know her names have been mentioning this. I'm going to reach out to Angela Raie and any other activists or just concerned parent.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know, it's not just about black and brown, It's about everybody, because this is an environment that our children are living in. So I'm going to definitely keep you guys updated on what's going on, get the NAACP involved, and really just go up there and kind of see what we can do. I know you guys had a a a gathering last week or is it two weeks ago press conference conference, some of the.
Speaker 8: White students trying to heckle us at the event at the event, and it made me realize. Between that and I've had death threats over this case and so much hate mail that you can't believe it, it makes me realize how widespread this problem is. I feel so bad for Bella and my other clients that I represent, because these are good people that deserve to be treated well and they're only going through this because they're black. And you know it's offensive to me. I'm a white man, but it's offensive to me to see white people or anybody going against someone else based on their race. And that's why this is so important. I want to bring this darkness out into the light and sort of help to eliminate it so that other folks don't have to put up with what we're seeing.
Speaker 3: Here right now.
Speaker 1: Well, you guys have myself and my platform, and I'm going to bring a lot of my friends and we're definitely going to make some noise and hopefully bring more light to this situation and come to some sort of understanding or conclusion because what's been going on and how it's been swept on the rug, just like it was swept on the rug in my high school in Sacramento, is unacceptable. And like you said, if you leave, you know, you're you're you're leaving the door open for the next set of you know, young kids that are going to come into this environment. So thank you guys for coming today. We would make sure we stay in touch and and and keep you guys posting on the progress of the situation. No problem. I want to welcome back to the show the neighborhood hater.
Speaker 3: What's up man? How about you?
Speaker 1: How? How was the hate on Instagram, Ben, are you getting used.
Speaker 3: To it yet?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: Actually, man, she's hurting my feelings. You guys. Fuck all, y'all know.
Speaker 1: You got some new found I mean, your your followers have grown, know you. You've got some new fans. But maybe they're just becoming fans to talk ship to you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they just want to hear it though, you know what I'm saying. What do they call that ship that they do? That's what they are.
Speaker 1: You're too old to understand that I am. I see that new DJ Kelly Die has got your beer?
Speaker 3: You like that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they might need to get you a little deal with that.
Speaker 3: I want my face on the box like.
Speaker 1: People don't know. You want your face in a box like normal people don't know, Like if die it shit is all gray right here though, right? But what's the what's the color called? You got?
Speaker 3: I think this? What is this? Good? That midnight cocoa bean?
Speaker 1: She looked good on you both? He look good. Well, let's get back to why you're here. Man tenth in the West fourteen and twelve on the season had a nasty loss to the Blazers, UH one beat the trail or beat the Timberwolves, while Lebron was out uh beat the Grizzlies just the other night. What's up with your team? Bron took a little time away from the team. Uh AD's having a career year. Lakers said they have no rop was a quotea by Rob Polink. I think they came out with something today that said they have no interest in trading eighty or Lebron, but if they requested, something could happen. They got some pieces that we've been talking to D'Angelo Russells and the Hachi Moras and a couple other guys. Where are you guys at currently? I think we're a little bit of over a quarter of the way of the through the season fourteen to twelve fourteen, and to us or it was a quarterway through the sea, or we're our quarterway through the season. I mean, obviously normally we say let things play out. It's still early, but Laker fans don't like to let things play out. You guys want ship now. So what's happening with y'all?
Speaker 3: I mean we're kind of stagning right now.
Speaker 9: All the all the headlines talking about this person's trade, this, we're gonna get traded to hear when are we gonna do something like I mean, I saw the Golden State Warriors just you know, put a deal out. Not that that's going to actually help them, but at least they're trying to make a move and make their team better.
Speaker 1: Picknis Schroeder absolutely bad. Solid Lakers are ready to give him some bread a few years ago. Real Brillian, Yeah.
Speaker 9: You know, and I'm glad we didn't give it to him. Question that's okay though, But still we're stagning right now. They're talking about the Lebron trade and Lebron and ad nobody's taking a forty year old and given us back anything for it. You don't think so to take a forty you out right now, in the twilight of his career, to give us actually back something ABOUTUE.
Speaker 1: I think the only team that would do that is Golden State because they're going to try to maximize steps run where you could possibly get some quality piece, young pieces back. But I mean, I don't disagree anyone else. I mean, what did you think about his first game back foot injury, came back eighteen eight and eight, you know, five turnovers. I think the unfortunate thing with Lebron is we live in one of the best things that happened was social media, but one of the worst things that also happened with social media because now obviously at forty, mother natures just eventually starts to take over, and we see it with all of our great heroes and players are just they slowly start to get old, and we're seeing Bron do stuff we've never seen. You know, the mislayups, I think is one.
Speaker 3: Thing.
Speaker 1: But what are your thoughts on just you know, he's not going to be able to gracefully age out of this game. Although there was a bunch of hate before, he's always been able to shut that shit up with great play and I know he still has more left than the tank. We're going to see a lot of spectacular spectacularness from Bron this season, but he's not going to be able to age out of this game gracefully.
Speaker 3: No, he's not.
Speaker 9: And I think it's about time for us to start bringing out the rocket chair for Lebron.
Speaker 3: That the farewell for Lebron, Oh the tour? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Absolutely, I mean, are we really going to win a championship this year or next year? It's not looking too good for us for that man, And but Laker fans you know how it goes.
Speaker 1: I don't know. That's why you're like, I want you on this show because I was a Laker, was a player. I think from the fan perspective, was also think from a basketball player's perspective, but also think from a business perspective. You're a strictly LA sports hater fanatic, so you have a lot of people that think the crazy and wild and drastic shit that you do. That's why I think you know, you being on this show and you popping your ship. It's not just on some that a lot of people think and talk as reckless as you do when it comes to the Lakers.
Speaker 3: But there the Dodgers.
Speaker 9: But they also think I'm a Lebron hater, which I've never been a Lebron hater until he kind of put on our jersey.
Speaker 1: Oh you hated him once he got here, so you loved him before he got here.
Speaker 3: That's a weird thing happening right now with that.
Speaker 9: Like, really, now that he's put on our jersey, I have a different perspective on him. Eight years one chip like which will basically be what it is after he's done here.
Speaker 1: I mean, some teams haven't won a chip period yeah, but with the Lakers, you're different. Come on the forum Staple Center parades. He's been here for eight years?
Speaker 3: When this is year seven right now?
Speaker 1: Is it so?
Speaker 9: It'll be eight years? Next year, the last year of his contract, it'll be eight years one chip.
Speaker 1: Do you think this he does the Kobe farewell uh situation? Or do you think Bron will be someone that just says enough is enough, I'm done.
Speaker 9: If he has on our jersey, do us a favor, bro? Let right, don't take us through this ship next year? Like I can't take it.
Speaker 1: Bro, We love you?
Speaker 3: Do you? Do you? Really? Though? Ron?
Speaker 1: That doesn't sound like love you just get right there? That sounded like some sassinessas ridiculous. I mean we talked, I think we talked with Brandon Jennings about does he deserve a statue as a Laker. Let me just name some of the people who have statues around the Staples Center. Oscar de la Hoya, Raing, Gretzky, Jack hern elgend Baylor, Magic Johnson, Jerry West, Shaq, Kareem Cobe.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Does Lebron fit there? I mean, like you said, when it's all said and done, he'll be have been here eight years. We got got y'all, but he still got y'all Chip, and arguably top two or three could be one. In a lot of people's opinions, players.
Speaker 3: All ship but participation in trophy.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter what they say. Man, we can go back for I mean to me, I flipping and say that's probably the most difficult.
Speaker 3: And championship you.
Speaker 1: I'm just sat with the Yeah, who's saying that?
Speaker 9: The people, the haters that don't like the Lakers ship Bubble Chip, Cracker, jack box Chip, I can't take that ship. She would have a toned for one. Then we will be talking about him having a statue outside.
Speaker 1: So you don't so the only way you think he can get a statue if he would have got.
Speaker 9: To multiple chips. Absolutely, we at least be not hating on it. You know what I'm saying, Like, does he deserve to be out there with Bean the logo elgiin.
Speaker 1: I'll masking, this is your this is your franchise, Sha chick hearn.
Speaker 9: Come on you guys, let's let's put his jersey up. Okay, Let's have a Bible knight form biblehead knife for him. You said give him a free parking spot.
Speaker 1: Jersey and the Rafters, b I p part forever. So no, no, no statue.
Speaker 3: No chance. Bro.
Speaker 9: I'm sorry, Bron, but no, But you're gonna get to Cleveland and Miami. They got you set up already.
Speaker 3: Damn you.
Speaker 1: So the Lakers will not be unveiling Lebron's statue in the next twenty.
Speaker 9: Years unless he wins us a chip Man. And I'm not saying it can't happen this year.
Speaker 1: You sounded like you can't, though, but you sound hurt a miracle and I am. Bro. There's a little bit of like, if we keep talking, I might see a tearful and then I'll see the beard dye drip onto your sweater.
Speaker 3: The mom's like that though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I told you, Bro, if you didn't, if you just were Captain Gray Beer, you'd have so many of these older Cougars may mountain lions.
Speaker 9: I'm making them feel like Cougar's now, even though we're the same age. You dig know what I'm saying, Well.
Speaker 1: She's the same age as you, She's she's close to mountain lion, like Cougar than mountain Lion.
Speaker 9: I'm still on though he's definitely still cracking I'm still cracking, So that's that matter.
Speaker 1: Like you said, put your face on the box or in it box, whatever it takes. Hey, bro. One of the hottest topics of late has been Travis Hunter and not a play m but it's fiance.
Speaker 3: Hmmm.
Speaker 1: It's tough because he's been such a spectacular player, winning several awards, obviously taking home the Height has been in salute for that, but all this outside noise getting in the middle of his relationship with his lady him in that. But that's what happens.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: People say he's too young, he's twenty. We shouldn't be talking about this, but it's out there. It's a topic. I think it was on ESPN today, it's everywhere. What have been your thoughts on just kind of the dynamic between him and his fiance overshadowing the praise he should be getting for a great season he's had.
Speaker 9: It's sad because he's a one in a lifetime town. Oh man, He's like he's on some different shit out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I hate to see a relationship bring that to an end or a close or even have any effect on it at all, because he hasn't even gotten drafted yet. He hasn't played one down in the NFL, be a top three pick, and you know what we always talk about, I think until you're twenty four years old, we should be out there doing your thing anyway. And I'm not saying that you shouldn't be out of your relationship, but still your first it's just tough.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think I think what I saw was obviously they've been together for five years. Even if she had been the picture perfect image of a girlfriend and done everything right fiance, excuse me, everything right. Being a top pick and going into the NFL or the NBA married or engaged is a tough heel to climb. And we don't even need to get into the eighty percent failure rate of relationships when it comes to that, but it's probably even higher when you're younger. You know, there's just some shit. He's gonna be a top two or three pick, maybe number one. A lot of shit is coming his way, and it's going to take a really strong woman to be able to hold that down. And we've seen situations where we're into into women's credit. All women got fucking attitudes, period, you know what I mean. So she's not even out of pocket for what's been going on, because we don't really necessarily know the dynamic. But my whole thing is just like, and I don't even want to say this because we're older and we've been there, but you're almost setting yourself up for failure when you go into the NFL or the NBA at late teens or early twenties.
Speaker 9: Married Christians have to say the Christians.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think. I don't think any ethnicity is immune to this professional sports life and getting in there and just the crazy shit you're gonna.
Speaker 3: See that baby daddy life is crazy.
Speaker 1: It was expensive, so it's a it's expensive.
Speaker 9: And I don't want them to I don't want him to have to deal with that, but he has to go through it, dud his twenty early twenties.
Speaker 1: I think that's the best. The best lesson is is experience, and you can tell we've all been in relationships where you can't tell me if I'm in love, you can't tell me shit.
Speaker 3: And I've never told you shit. You haven't never once, But you.
Speaker 1: Can't a young man. You can't tell him nothing about his life, and it's gonna make them. I'm sure this drama has hopefully drawn them closer, you know, But when you see him having to explain and then her trying to get out and explain and start crying, it's just hard. And I feel bad because they are such babies, But I think they're going to have to take this head on, and and and and and try and experience this and and and hopefully wish them the best.
Speaker 3: I hope this ship doesn't like mess with his draft sat.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's too good yea, yeah, I think he's too good, uh for this to mess with his draft side. But to me, it's it's the mental side of it. You know, what are guys. You know a lot of bad games, injuries, a lot of ship has gone on because you're not fully focused on that field or that quart or that diamond. So I'm not saying that's going to be the issue, but it's just we've we've talked to guys, we've been a part of that ship and known that when that that home life gets rocky, you know, our our game is mental. Once you get to the top, it's ninety percent mental. So to be able to keep his mental focus, but I mean, we wish I wish you the best. I wish you know, you're you're you and your fiance the best and you know, a happy journey. It's just gonna be tough, bro, And and and make sure you know you're not afraid to reach and lean. I mean, you got one of the persons give you the most game and coach Prime Tree. He's already done that. But there's gonna be times during this journey where you're gonna need to reach out to somebody and really lean on on how to figure and navigate this shit out. And I hope you do that because we all want to see the best for you, and we all want to see the best of you. So we're definitely looking forward.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Congratulations on the Heisman. Good luck in your guys's bowl game, Man, and we can't wait to see where you land Draft day. Bro.
Speaker 3: He deserves to be the number one pick him a shador Yeah, one and.
Speaker 1: Two for sure, Shador up there. I'm excited.
Speaker 9: So, Matt Man, what advice would you give Travis Man to resolve this situation?
Speaker 1: But you know, I'm the last motherfucker that should be giving any relationship advice. If I'm just being honest with you, I'm not necessarily give you a relationship I could just give you some og. I'm about to be forty five advices. This shit's gonna be a tough. It's tough when you're single. It's tough when you got a girl, But when you're married going into this space, it's very tough and it takes two understanding, committed people to make it hopefully work, you know. So just the numbers are stacked, But to think the numbers have always been stacked against his kid, you know, and for him to be here now and be winning the Heisman and being one of the most electric college players we've ever seen, and we hopefully that translates to the NFL. But yeah, I'm probably the last person to really be given relationship advice. I just wish you the best, bro and and and make sure you reach out to people if you need help, because sometimes that should get heavy.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Well, Gino, man, we appreciate you. Yeah, I mean, I could obviously be someone you can reach out to. I can give you a little bit of a game on this ship because I didn't been through it, like you said, that baby Daddy game. It's crazy.
Speaker 3: It's expensive, man.
Speaker 1: You know how much money I would have if I didn't let's not even get into that shit. Gino. Man, we appreciate you and your hate. I'm disappointed that you said that that La doesn't feel like bron deserves the statue at Staples.
Speaker 3: And if you stop playing that, we'll whack out your mural, baby boy. So come on playing man.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for your time, sir. I just got those shoes. I didn't know I was gonna be copying you. I like them.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Before we get out of here, let's get my picks for the week, brought to you by DraftKings. Three and one a week ago, two and two last week. Right there, this point spread, I'm used to just picking the teams. The point spreads by kind of been fucking me up when I'm learning this space. But I know football and I'm getting to it. So this week we got Saturday, Steelers at the Ravens, the Ravens minus six. It's getting down to crunch time. I like the Ravens, man, I like the Rains. I like the Steelers. Steelers off a tough loss last week. I'm gonna take the Ravens at home minus six. Sunday Vikings at Seattle. I'm voting against any NFC West teams, although there's no hope for the Niners. I just I'm a behater. Very few times I'm a behater. I'm just so sad about what happened with my Niners and the just the implosion. Dude, any want to play left the game in the third quarter. We didn't even get to that. But that's bananas. I'm gonna take the Vikings in Seattle minus three and a half Eagles at Commanders. This is gonna be a good one. I think the Eagles have found a little rhythm. Big win last week. Commanders are looking you know, they're in the playoff hunt. It's the Commanders at home minus three. Shit, I'm gonna go ahead and take the Eagles plus three at the Commanders and the stunner of the week, but it's not much of a stunner since Mahomes is out. I'm gonna take the Texans minus two and a half to go into Kansas City and get that done. Appreciate you guys from following. Make sure you guys tap in next week. You can catch this on the DraftKings Network and the All the Smoke Productions YouTube. See y'all next week.