Speaker 1: It is Thursday, June fifteenth. This is Jaguars Happy Hour. And now a guy who claims he needs a vacation, but for the next five weeks he's really gonna miss you. Jap Shadwick, Welcome Out.
Speaker 2: Is Shaguar's Happy Hour, the final show until training camp late July. The next five weeks or so we are away, so we'll get it in the next hour. Busy hour ahead mini camp review. Some of the team was here. We'll explain Community huddles continue with some changes to venues, including today that's coming up. The dead zone begins, and then we'll go around the NFL also JP Shadwick with Jeff Logoman and I must say it's been quite an informative afternoon in this radio studio today. Yeah, we had some fun. We were flashing back to nineteen ninety four. So here's the story. Logs, you and I are walking through the office hallway, we go into the lobby and on the big screen NFL Network, it's the nineteen ninety four Dolphins at Jets game Week thirteen. Correct, And I asked, hey, you know, I think you played in this game, right, Logs? I said, yeah, And then next shot is Jeff Logoman fifty six shows up on the screen nameplate. The next play, you force a fumble off Bernie Parmally of the Dolphins, who's now the Jaguars running backs coach. So, yes, I guess you played in the game. Yeah, that was You know, when you have a game like that and me think about that, that's gosh, that's twenty twenty nine years ago, nineteen ninety four, twenty nine years ago. And so when you see a lot of the jerseys and the numbers and the names, and sometimes you don't see the names, but you see the jersey near and be like, hey, that was Glenn Cadrez, or hey that was Art Monk who was on my team that year, and Ronnie Lott as well, two Hall of famers. But Boomer Sisen was our quarterback back in nineteen ninety four. We found out, yes he was in the second half. That a very good game there in second half. He's still a quarterback in the second half of the game too. It's didn't those so good. It's kind of the tale of two halves for both quarterbacks. Really, Dan Marino had and the reason that this game was televised is because it's a classic game because it's the infamous fake spike by Dan Marino which ended up giving them the opportunity on a throw to mark Ingram over current Detroit Lions defensive coordinator Aaron Glenn the touchdown to mark Ingram, the namesake that was the father of the what most people know of mark Ingram, the running back in the National Football That's right, and that won them the game. Yeah, so that's the reason why that this game was being televised on the NFL network, not because of me. Imagine that. Yeah, it wasn't the Jeff Logovan Show. And just a couple of things here. I mean, that was Pete Carroll's first year ever as a head coach in the National Football League and most many people probably don't even remember that. It was a one year and done situation for Pete. Carroll's the head coach of the New York Jets in nineteen ninety four and he was fired after that year, and then he was the head coach hired with the New England Patriots after Bill Parcell's left and then eventually to where he is now currently with the Seattle Seahawks. But he is an excellent coach plenty. To get to tonight. Well recap the mini camp from a few the last few days Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday coming up, but a change in some of the scheduling to the community huddles starting tonight up on the north side Pecan Park Airport area. It's now been moved to Mellow Mushroom River City. I recommend the thin crust, mighty meaty pizza and a sweet water for twenty on the side. That's a heck of an evening. But hey, five o'clock it starts. Mark Mark Lamping will be there too. Spoken like a true barfly. Have been to Mellow a time or two. They're all over the place, but the one up north is a fantastic so check it out five o'clock to six thirty. It was originally at the highatt Place. It has now moved to Mellow Mushroom Rivers City. Mark Lamping has been presenting to the public the plans for the stadium of the future and answering questions, and he's the only one up at the front of the room. This is an opportunity to get to get out there and the reason for the change. The first three have been so well attended that they needed to expand it out and that's a big space at Mellow tonight. Got that's cool. And didn't Shot Cohn go to the one it strings up on Main Street? Yes, he did first one. That's awesome. And so the response has been great. And I will say that Mark lamp And is incredibly candid and great. I mean, ask him the hard questions and he'll give you answers. I mean he's a he's I think he does a wonderful job. He's very well spoken, he's very well informed. He doesn't shy away from anything. So a great opportunity for people to ask questions and gain a better understanding of exactly where this football team has a vision of being. I went two nights ago down in Mandarin at the Ramata and then last night at Jack's Golf and country Club, and just I mean packed houses both both places. How many people, yes, mate at each one. I think last night it was probably two hundred, maybe a little more than that. Yeah, that's pretty good. I mean they had a bunch of chairs out and people standing around that too, and then maybe close to that, if not a little less at Mandarin, but still a big room. I mean people standing all over the place and you'll see different dignitaries come to different events as well. The sheriff was at one in Mandarin. Tony Boselli was there last night, you know, so you never know who's gonna pop up in these things. Really good we'll see. So yeah, if you can get out and there's now a few different places, a few different changes, not only tonight as well with a schedule coming up. The one on June sixteenth, Tomorrow eleven thirty is now at Extreme Wings Sports Grill in Roosevelt Boulevard that's down an Argyle area. And then the one on June nineteenth has now been updated to Bishop Snyder High School that's a five o'clock one as well down at White House and I ten on the west side. So a few changes there could be more to come. Check out the latest at First Downtown Jacksonville dot com, the number one st Downtown jacks dot com, and you can check out the entire schedule of the upcoming events now to a mandatory mini camp on Jaguars Happy Hour or ten ten xlam Jaguars dot com JP Shadwick, Jeff Loghman Monday Tuesday Wednesday mandatory mini camp for some guys for some. Yeah, for some the vets who showed up for most of the off season program the volunteery period were excused from this. There were a few vets that were here though. Long Yeah, that was the thing. I think that was a little bit surprising. You've got guys that have been around for the entire offseason training activities, the OTAs, Chad Mooma, Devin Lloyd, and here they are in this mini camp and they're reponant and kind of surprised to see him out there. It was also great to see Josh Allen and talk with him briefly and game a hug and look, I love Josh and Josh is an excellent young man and I'm looking forward to watching him play football this year. But it was good to see him and a lot of people kind of thought that maybe this was punishment that Josh had to come because the other veterans weren't. No, that's not it's not punishment. And Doug Peterson talked about this. He said, look, he said, you know, we just look at this as an opportunity to see where he's at because they hadn't seen him. He's been training on his own and that's his right. I mean, it's the off season stuff. The OTAs are voluntary. This is the one thing that the team can make mandatory to the player, and they wanted to see the player. I mean, heck, even Calvin Ridley was there working out on the serect he was, you know, so I mean, look, it's great opportunity in great reps. And Josh looks in great shape, and he looks he's still got the same effrovescent personality and he's got energy, you know, And that's what Doug Peterson talked about wanting to see and that's exactly what I saw. Let's hear from Josh Allen after Monday's practice, the mandatory mini camp. It is a big season ahead, a contract year for him.
Speaker 3: You know, it's always a room for improvement, and I'm ready to take those next step.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Individually, we got the same staff as last year, so that's that's that's a plus. You know, I was he coming back in from last year and they come back this year as like, oh, I know majority of this and I was just getting a rust off. So I'm glad to be back at this period with the young guys, you know, kind of slowed it down for me. Just to get back into the field of things, and you know, I was definitely excited about that and just to get back out there working with them.
Speaker 2: Man is put you know, show my face.
Speaker 3: You know, I know a lot of these young guys, you know need you know, could uplift you know a lot of guys.
Speaker 2: So glad to be back. Yeah, it's first opportunity to be around the rookie class and a lot of the young players as well. There were a couple other Vets here, second year vets Muma, Devin Lloyd were here. Some of those younger players were around the last few days as well. Just to get some reps to young players. That's what Doug Peterson said, that's why Devn's here. And you know, let's be honest, Devin was in and out of the lineup last year. Let's see where he is and things seemed to be on the up for him. And we know what Chad Muma has to offer. But more reps the better this time of year for those type of players. Well, you hope that everything kind of settles down for both Muma and Lloyd. You know where they were kind of interchanging, you know, alternating reps at that other linebacker spot that was opposite of Lucan And look, I think that both of these players are going to be starting caliber players at some point, and I think they both have a great skill set. You know. The one thing that continues to just show up all the time with Devin Lloyd, does the ball not end up somehow near him or in his hands. It seems like every practice or nearly every practice. Well, you know, that was the thing obviously in college, but in the first month of the season, that was that happening. Remember he was the defensive rookie of the month of September. And it's a it's just it's eye opening that somebody can have the ball bounce their way so many times, and it's not a matter of the ball bouncing. I think it's because the player has a nose for the ball. And you know, Devn's got to calm down a lot this year because last year, the you know, the you could see that the wheels that were spinning up here were it was producing more smoke than clarity. And that happens sometimes. I know that the adjustment from college to pro when it comes to the playbook, it's pretty significant. To give you an idea when I was playing in college ball, we probably played maybe three or four coverages, you know, and we didn't have a ton of adjustments off of those, you know, four coverages or whatever. Once you get in the National Football League, you have constant adjustment gap changes. So your run responsibility, your pass responsibility is changing with motions and shifts and everything else. And so if you're thinking about all of that, it's hard to be an athlete, and it's hard to do your job because you're trying to figure out what your job is. You know. It's one of those things that if you can see the wheels turning in the head, the wheels down there that have cleats on, they're not turning or they're turning in the wrong direction. So I think this is going to be a better year for Devin Lloyd. I think it's going to be a better year for Chadman, and it needs to be. I mean, these two guys both need to step up because the reality is, if you look at this football team, you feel like they've gotten better on the offensive side of the ball, correct, I mean, yeah, Okay, you got all these guys you drafted with Brenton Strange and Tank Bigsby, got an offensive lineman, you know, But defense, where are all the big additions? Many? There's not many, okay, So the improvement's gonna have to come from within. Guys are gonna have to get better, and that's what this team is counting on. Look, it's not gonna hurt. You know that. Maybe you can score more points in a game with the improved offense that you have, but you're also gonna have to get that improvement on the defense. Putting ahead in tonight's show, we'll come back in a moment. And yes, you mentioned some of the additions on offense, but what are some question marks on offense. We'll get to that the offensive line. Press Taylor explains the depth they have up front. The Jaguars are excited to take the field this fall, and we want you here for all the action. For as low as fifty seven bucks a game, you can join the ranks of the most dedicated fans and become a jag season ticket member. Find your perfect seats at Jaguars dot com, slash tickets or cold nine oh four six three three two thousand. Press Taylor explains the depth up front of the offensive line. Next on Jaguars Happy Hour.
Speaker 4: You know, obviously everybody having familiarity in the system, familiarity with one another. We expect everybody to take that next step in terms of their progression and getting better. That's what we're asking them to do. But you know, I think the versatility of the guys in the room is really big for us. We have a lot of guys that can play multiple spots and so whoever's available, however everything plays out moving into it, I think we can put together a pretty good combination and then be flexible in that combination. But we're very confident where that group can go.
Speaker 2: That's Press Taylor, offensive coordinator discussing the offensive line. Welcome Back. It's Jaguars Happy Hour on ten to XLAM, Jaguars dot com and at Jaguars on Twitter. Also on Jaguars Facebook and YouTube. JP Shadwick with Jeff Logman and again an updated location tonight for the first downtown Jacksonville community huddle. It's at the Mellow Mushroom, Rivers City, up by the Airport Max Leggett Parkway. Yeah. Yeah. The great thing about Melo Mushroom, They've got great craft beer selections. I mean, I mean, you've got your favorite, I mean there's a whole bunch of them that they have, and the pizza there, oh, money than cruss. Mighty meeting man. You know, I'm kind of a Hawaiian pizza guy, are you really? Yeah, and believe it or not, I like to call aflower crust options better for you. I think I don't really care. I think it tastes better the one that eats because it's supposed to be better for you. I'm one of the kind of the each because it tastes. But when you work out four hours a day, well not that might've been at four hours a day. I'm trying to work my way back to that. You'll get there one day, very soon. Yes, Joe, Yes, Oh gosh, Joe Fortunato, Hello.
Speaker 1: Mad Leggett, thirty one year of fire Chief Battalion with the Jacksonville Fire Department.
Speaker 2: Aust you very much. I always see it going to the airport on the sign, and I never really under knew how to say it until right now. Yeah, that whole area has just gotten Oh it's booming. Yeah, it's boomed time everywhere, big time. Got got lots of options up there. Five o'clock Mellow Mushroom, Max Leggett Parkway near the airport for the community huddle tonight be there. Yeah, when I first got to Jacksonville, I'll never forget flew into Jacksonville. This is my visit in nineteen ninety five, right, this is back in January, February whatever whatever. After you guys collapse mar and lost to the Jets in the division or lost to the Dophinsion, you know, like the game we saw today. Year after that. Ye yeah, fly fly down. They picked me up. Flight was delayed, get you know, really late and leave the airport, you know, get to ninety five and the road going from the airport to ninety five, it was like there's nothing there. There was nothing there, and once you hit ninety five, there was nothing there. Nowadays it's a lot different, but in much different for the better offensive line press Taylor. You know, they've I mean, it's arguably the deepest, one of the deepest position groups on this football I would agree with that. Yes, I think it's extremely deep, and I think it's also got some really good players at the tackle position, which is the position that's typically the hardest to kind of get that depth, you know, with you've got obviously Cam Robinson and Walker Little, your first round pick, Anton Harrison, and then Josh Wells who you signed as a free agent, who has got a lot of experience under his belt. I think it's a good group. I think it's a really good group. And you also have John Blake On there's another Blake Hants who can play tackle as well, and so you've got a lot of options for this offense. And then you've got some depth that guard, and you've also got some young depth. You know, you got two draft picks, one from Central Florida and another one from at Blacha State that are going to compete for roster spots or practice squad spots. So I like where it's at. I would like to see somebody emerge to compete with Shatley. Shotley played very well last year, but I would like to see them take that up another level. And I want to see Brandon Sheriff get healthy because last year, for the entire season, it seemed like he was not healthy. I want to see him get healthy so that he can take his game back to where he is a Pro Bowl caliber player. He was a good player last year, but he wasn't at that Pro Bowl caliber level. The resolution of the Cam Robinson suspension story will come at some point. The team does not know when the division when that decision will come down. So if I had to guess, it'll probably happen on a Friday sometime in the next couple of weeks, right, And I hope usually when it happens, it's like Friday at for it, right, it said, that's what you know, the bad news dump day, and you've got to end up letting the information out now. And I know part of the reason, I guess is is that why this has been delayed for as long as it has been is that you know, you got a second sample that needs to get be tested. There's I think they like to settle any kind They don't but in other words, they don't want to have an appeals process happening. So the league what they like to do, it seems like nowadays, is that, Okay, they come to an agreement, here's what happened, here's the punishment. The player says, well, no, that's not right, and then you have the union and the league kind of work out the appeal without actually having a formal appeal before the announcement, before they announced it, so that there is it's not going to because the league doesn't want news like this to drag on to where if they make an announcement, then all of a sudden, you have an appeals process that's going on. Then it becomes part of the headlines on a daily basis, Well what's gonna happen. Well, so and so did this on this day expecting something. It just drags out bad news. And that's why I think they like to have the resolution, make the announcement. It's over with, and then that's what's going to happen and then you move on from there. But this organization needs to know, I mean from a planning standpoint, and it's good that they have options at that tackle position. But you know, my guess is that Walker little, because he's got experience, you're going to probably play him at left. That's where he played at last year, played pretty well down the stretch right, Harrison will first round pick, We'll move to the right side, and he's going to have a learning curve, just because all tackles do in this league. And then when Cam comes back, I think you kind of see where you're at and make a decision what's best for the team at that point, and that decision could involve many things. It could have involve leaving it as it is if you're on a roll, or it could involve and putting Cam in it left, letting Walker be the swing guy. You got to see where Cam is. Also, depending on how long it is, he'll be on his own in that however long how long is so you know, could you put Cam at left, move Walker right, put Anton in a backup position? Yeah, I mean that's could you slide Walker inside, which they they said last week Walker little has done some work at guard. I think I think you have a lot of options and and what you decide to do, I think, well, the first factor that you're going to look at is that how are we doing at this moment? How is Walker doing it left? How is Anton doing it right? And then you make the best decision going forward. But if they're muling people, and let's say it's a six game suspension and they're five and one and they're running the ball over people and throwing scoring points and roll with it, I mean you all keep rolling, you know, I mean that's just part of the deal. And you know, I don't know how long the suspension is gonna be. But but They've done a really good job building this offensive line. And the reality is, you know, you could keep nine offensive linemen. You know, it's not very often that you keep ten. A lot of teams like to keep eight, you know, because you have the practice squad flexibility. But I believe that there will be probably nine on the roster at the end of the day. And then and then you'll have quite a few on the practice squad with some of these younger guys, and you know, you hope you don't lose some of those guys. Jaguars Happy Hours, inten XLAM, Jaguars dot Com, JP Shadwick, Jeff Logman on Jaguars dot Com, Jaguars Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube. Final show until late July. So we talk about all these weapons on offense. We just went through the offensive line. We know about the quarterback, We know about the tight end position. Though Evan Ingram does not have a deal as of yet, still hasn't signed the tender. That all still to play out. They've made some additions on offense this year. So all of that aside, what's the biggest question mark about this Jaguars offense in your mind? Well, maybe a position group or an idea about the offense that you just don't know about yet. Well, first of all, I mean, you don't know what Ridley's gonna look like until you actually see it. You know, he's been on the sideline or suspended for a period of time. So I think that's the biggest question. And the other biggest question that I would not say that it's at the second level. I would say it's right there with the first one is is that where's the team at and Evan Ingram at you know, are they gonna be able to work out a long term deal or is this going to be a year to year type of thing for Evan Ingram. So I would say those two things. You know, the great thing that I'm excited about with Calvin Ridley is that with adding him to the offense, you're now going to allie Christian Kirk to be in that really comfortable spot, which is the slot. And Ridley's gonna be I think, a dynamic player. But again, you haven't seen him in a couple of years, and you want to see what that chemistry looks like between him and Trevor Lawrence. And I can't wait to see Christian Kirk stay in the slot more because I think that's where he is incredibly effective. I think it's also going to be fun to see how the balance in the backfield's gonna work. How much of a role will Tank Bigsby have as a rookie alongside etn and will Jamichael Hasty. Will that role be diminished somewhat? I think it's going to be diminished significantly. How big of a role will Breton Strange have with this offense with Evan Ingram? And I think that's going to be exciting to watch because Strange has a skill set that really fits the modern day NFL. And Press Taylor and Doug Peterson are going to be a little bit like the mad scientist going, oh yeah, we gotta We're gonna draw up all kindstant because you have so much depth with your offense now, I mean that side of the ball, you feel like, let's go. We can play with anybody. So the question I have if it's let's say it's fourth and one and you need that yard and you got to pound it on the ground and you need a tight end or two out there. Okay, Chris Manhertz is not on the team, Marcedes Louise ain't walking through the door. Who's who's I doubt he's walking through the door. Who's moving people at the tight end position? That's a great question. And you really don't have that man hurts like you're talking about, which is the traditional in line why tight end. So maybe they do, they just haven't had the pass you've got. You've got some younger guys okay that that could fill some of that role. But with with Strange, you can play the game a little differently because he's such a good blocker in space. So you could still play the two tight end set, but have these guys spread out, which spreads the defense out a little bit, and then Strange and Evan Ingram are capable blocker or Strange I think is a step above Evan Ingram in blocking. But look, if you need to go to where you need that man hurts, okay, on that line of scrimmage, you put in another offensive lineman. Okay, bring in a six guy. Yeah, you put it in an offensive line. You have all that depth for a reason.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, Josh Wallas can play that extra tight end. Yeah, you know. Look, Anton Harrison is as athletic of a tackle as you'll ever see. I mean there's a guy that if you put him out as a quote unquote blocking tight end, he would do a marvelous job. I think just because he's got the feet. I mean you won't to talk about feet now, Anton Harrison could I mean you put him in a dance contest, now he could win. So he can win some of those you know. Yeah, and this is a group that's not scared to use unbalanced looks, different personnel packages for those type of short yardages. We saw the T formation late, you know, in the in the in the season. How about Phil Rauscher. Is that one play he designed up with that little pitch to Etn to the outside? I mean that was beauty. Yeah, I mean we saw Cam move in to the right. So all this stuff was going on last year. So they got a lot of tricks up to sleep. Yeah, they did, look at I don't want to call it tricks. I just they got great designs and they've got great football minds because I've never seen and I said this last year, I've never seen an offensive staff come up with some stuff where you just go wow. I mean like wow, that was a great play design where they attacked some type of deficiency on the defense and it was drawn up for that. I mean, you just you don't see staffs that do that. A lot of times. It's just a cookie cutter game plans. Where is this staff right here? It's it's I'm just there's a lot of brain power on that offensive side of the ball, a lot of brain power. Logs. You're gonna drink some wine over the break. I'm not a big giant wine drink. Well you should be, because you need to elevate your game D experience with Vinyl four Napa Valley, the official wine club of the Jags. They might can you know, trend you back the other way? All right? Hey, if you know what, I'm a red guy, Give me a steak and a very strong bowl dry red. Okay they got that at nine oh four. I'm sure they do. Sip on handcrafted Napa Valley wines and show your team pride with every four. Visit vine zero four dot com and you can sign up and receive three or six premium Napa Valley wine bottles twice a year and exclusive access to private events and complimentary tastings. That's right up your alley. M The complimentary tastings, complimentary, just means I'm in for that. Join the Vinyl four club today and toast of the Jags legacy with every sip. Corners who want to tackle, Defensive coordinator Mike Caldwell says, they have a few. That's next don Jaguars Happy Hour.
Speaker 6: When you talk about corners that are divas, those guys typically don't like to tackle. We have guys that will throw it in there. And Tyson is a guy you He's kind of like this coach a little bit like the Shay was a gritty, hard working God's going to give you everything you got. And those guys are kind of resembling their coach right now. And the Shay does a good job with letting him understand that, yeah, you're corners, but you're also helping us in a run game as well.
Speaker 2: That is Mike Caldwell, defensive coordinator for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Welcome back. It's Jaguars Happy Hour. It's Thursday. It's our final show until late July. That's that means five weeks of none of this report date for the players right around July twenty fifth issues. Well, it's that Tuesday and then they're on the field Wednesday. Yeah, there's a few guys that will report I think the Friday before that, Yeah, which will be They can ask rookies and injured players to report early. Yeah, I guess the quarterbacks might be in a hair early. Just yeah. Typically they like to bring them in a little bit early, just not so much to put them on the field or anything, but to allow them to kind of get a head start, so when the team comes in, the quarterback is already starting to speak the language and to teach the language to others. It's ranking season, logs, you know what that means. It's the summertime. It's ranking season. Yeah. But we actually were doing a little ranking of our own before the show. We were looking at the past NFL draft classes. That was fun to do. Yes, that's part of ranking season. That's not where. Yes, we did, and we figured out the eighty three class was probably one of the best. Yeah, the quarterback class there. There was like eight Hall of Famer in that draft. That's pretty amazing. Pro Football Focus had the ranking of the top thirty two cornerbacks in the NFL entering the twenty twenty three season. Top thirty two corners. Yes, the Jaguars had two on the list on the top thirty two. Two of them Tyson Campbell number twenty five, Darius Williams number thirty Huh, okay about that. That's pretty good. About that. That's good to have too. I will say, look, Tyson Campbell, I think is an up and comer. He's a he's physical, he's long, he's getting better. He works incredibly hard. Darius Williams is a guy that has got to get comfortable. He's got to get comfortable. I thought that he got better as the year wore on last year, but I want to see him be more of a physical player, more more physical in the running game. He's five seven locks. Yeah, I don't care physical. Well, I look five nine seven. I've seen some of the corners that play in this are incredibly physical. The corner that the Seattle Seahawks drafted Witherspoon is not a very big guy, but this guy is there. He is incredibly physical and vicious. I would even put him on the boardline of vicious. That's aggressive, that's yeah, just step up the physical j almost borderline illegal. Yeah. But but yeah, he can get better and hopefully this year he's more comfortable. But I think that that's that's the one position group that you know, if you want to talk about question marks with his football team that I think the defense is a little bit of a question mark. So can they get better from within as we talked about, But if you want to look at specific positions, the the two biggest question marks that position groups lie on the defensive side of the ball. One of them is the corner spot. In my mind, now I'm not trying to say that this is a consensus by anybody or by any means. This is the Jeff Logeman system of rankling. I think that the the corner position because this is a three cornerback league. How is this team gonna play three corners? Where are they going to get the third corner from? And where's the depth? That's a question mark. But don't get me wrong. I like Darius Williams and I really like Tyson Campbell. And then the other position is defensive tackle. Look, I like Devon Hamilton. I think he's really good, But where's that pass rush gonna come from at that three technique defensive tackle? Because Devon is really more of a zero. Yeah, he's a nose tackles. So when I say a zero, that's a nose tackle, you know description, I guess I don't want to be too technical, but he's a nose tackle. He lines up across from the center, he's he's close to the center. You want to have one of those guys that can play that three technique that can disrupt things like a Chris Jones, Aaron Donald. Of course, everybody wants to be a player like that, and those players don't come along very often. And so I'm not saying that they just you know, look, they're you know, growing on trees anywhere you can get one, no problem. It's hard to get one, but you want to get somebody that's capable at that position. And Roy Roberson Harris is a guy that you know, he played really well at times last year at that spot. Can he continue to be more impactful on a consistent basis That's a challenge there as well. He got paid in the off season. Roy or Devon, Yes, both of them. Yeah to me, So, look, they need to produce. Yeah, plain and simple. Need to produce Jaguars Happy Hour at Tens at XL, Jaguars dot Com. JP Shadwick, Jeff Logoman. There is no better time to become a Daily's Place Blue member than right now, some big shows coming up in the next few weeks. Reserve your twenty three premium seat membership or an individual luxury experience and you'll enjoy guaranteed seats in the best locations, premium parking of VIP entrance, club access, and so much more. Email ticketing at boldevents dot com or cold nine oh four six three three two thousand busy schedule at Daily's Place Dailysplace dot com. Imagine that you can check out the schedule there. Should you get us the couch. I've got to work on the way. I got to work on forky truck. That's Thursday, a week from today. All right, come on, I've got to make a couple of calls. Make callb Selly, let's go, let's go up. I'm in okay, we'll work get on a horn, I'll you know what. I'm kind of in the middle of a show right now. But at some point, maybe what don't we just called him live and asked if we could get on the count. Well, I mean, are we not going to commercial break here in the more? Yeah? Yeah, okay, Well then let's go get your phone and let's go. You can make the call during the commercial break. We're back in a moment. Lots of man hours in July to get the Jags moved into the new building. We'll hear from Doug Peterson and maybe more after this on Jaguars Happy Out.
Speaker 7: You know each time it just gets your excitement and juice is going to get over there. You know, obviously there's a lot of work transition from here to there, even though we only have to go one hundred feet you know, into that building. But there's there's a lot of man hours coming up this summer and moving and getting us over there. And you know, we've spent as a really this whole football side. I mean, we spent the last two or three weeks packing our offices and our our our lockers, and you know it's uh stuff we got to take home and then stuff here we're going to take to the new building.
Speaker 2: I said coach Doug Peterson. Yes, the move is on only a couple of weeks before the Jaguars get the keys to the Miller Electric Center and begin moving in. We'll have training camp on the practice fields starting in late July. There's about a twenty five hundred seat grand stand out there. The open dates have not been announced yet. Head coach Doug Peterson said he does anticipate some being open. We'll wait a little later in the summer to find out when those dates are. You can check out Jaguars dot com for the latest. We're coming in hot now. Of course, the final practice on the game field was Wednesday and none more of that. That was a great job by the grounds crew and everybody here at the Bank to make that work. Last season, they put in so many new surfaces after games, got them ready for the next week of practice, you know, scheduling out the days, making the grass look great. Uh. Nick Fetowa and the crew did a fantastic job. Really. I mean, I think it's arguably the best surface, one of the best surfaces in the National Football League. They do an amazing job here and it's only going to get better now that the team's not going to be practicing on it during the week like they did this past year. Yeah, they had to totally replace it. I want to say it was like six or seven might be more than that times last season the free field right new and out. Yeah, had no problem, right, I mean, there was never never really noticed, you know, you never really had a moment. You're man, that feels kind of rough because they had to replace it. No, you never had a day or a feeling or a moment like that, which is pretty incredible. About fourteen minutes away from the start of the Community Huddle on the north side tonight near the airport. The location has changed. So if you're driving listening in the car on tinted AM, first of all, thank you still have an AM radio. That's fantastic. First of all, thanks for listening. Second, third, don't go to the Hiatt place. You got to go to the Mellow Mushroom River City on Max Leggett Parkway. That's at five o'clock Community Huddle Stadium in the future, Mark Lamping, Jaguars President, all that the demand the last few days has caused some changes to the schedule in terms of locations to some of these. Tonight is the first change. Mellow Mushroom up on Max Leggett Parkway near the airport. Good deal. Five o'clock. Yeah, a little bit more room for people to all kind of participate. Hey, I've read a news item and I got a bone to pick. I can't wait to hear this, Okay, because you know the NFL players today have a great opportunity set themselves up for life, right. I mean we were just talking during a break about some of the new contracts that you know, Devon Hamilton got Roy Robinson, Harriscott, and it's just it's it sounds like funny money to me. But yes, it's that money. Yeah, I mean it's real money, but it's it does sometimes feel like funny money. But there's some guys that just don't get it. You know that this is an opportunity that you're not going to have again. And there's certain opportunities that you don't pass up. And I was reading a story this week and it was JayR. Alexander, who is a wonderful corner for the Green Bay Packer. He came out of Louisville. If I recall, right, he's you know, he's had you know, he's a Pro Bowl player, you know, good player, I mean good player. Well, he passed up an opportunity to earn a incentive clause in his contract by participating in the offseason workouts. How much was it seven hundred thousand dollars, seven hundred thousand dollars just to show up, just to all the OTAs to work out in the facility. Go to the OTAs, right, And here's here's the other thing that blows my mind. Okay, you're never gonna have that opportunity. That's seven hundred thousand dollars is not coming back. Okay, Number two, if you want to work out on your own, that's fine, but you also assume the risk of working out. So if Alexander got hurt working out on his own because he doesn't want to make the seven hundred thousand dollars, guess what happens. He goes on the non football injury list and could end up not getting paid because he got hurt on his own time and not on the team's time. So why would you, number one, assume the risk of working out on your own? Number two, why would you pass up the opportunity at earning seven hundred thousand dollars by just working out in the off season, which seven hundred thousand dollars if he puts it away. Now, he's a young player six years in the league, I think it is. It probably puts him at twenty eight years old. So let's take that seven hundred thousand dollars. You know, after taxes, you know, a half million whatever, invest it and forget about it for the next thirty five years. He could retire on that alone. But he's liked, Hi, yeah, and it's quote and I want to read this. Oh boy, you're going all in on TI here, Alexander. And it's amazing to me. He says, quote, I know what works for me at this point. I'm on year six, two Pro bowls, two All pros. I mean, I think I know what I got going on here. What she got going on here is you just lost out on seven hundred thousand dollars that could have turned into millions down the road. I read that and I was like, wow, that's incredible. You lost an opportunity to set yourself up but then also maybe to set up your next generation by passing up seven hundred thousand dollars because you know what you need, You're gonna take all the risk yourself. Just I don't know. Somebody give the man some good advice. It's his money. Well, it's not his money. It's exactly not j. Pila Packer's money. Speaking of money, Tony BISSELLI knows about some of that money. He's got a lot of it, and he's doing very well. Hall of Fame helps that, certainly. Tony Boselli's on the line with us though, Tony, good afternoon. What's up doing well? So if you you missed last segment, we're talking about Daily's place and we wanted to we had a request, Yeah, we had a request for next Thursday. Tedesky Trucks band Logs and I want to get your couch? Can we use your couch next Thursday night?
Speaker 5: Well, JP and Log, it's not my couch. I've I've been fortunate enough to be able to sit on the couch several times, but it's always been as the guest. So I do that there's some people within the building there that actually is our boss, our boss's boss, you know, the guy running the show for all the production and stuff, is a good person to talk to about the couch.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I thought it came with like the gold jacket, like you get your own. So you're saying you're not willing to make a phone call for us what you're.
Speaker 5: Doing, Well, you know, I don't want to be selfish, log, but next week I'm in London doing the little tour with the guys, and if I'm not going to be on the couch. I'm not burning one of my couch tickets for you guys.
Speaker 2: That's our great teammates. I would expect nothing less. Tell us about the London trip. So it's a big caravan, right Bill, Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's uh, it's you know, until last year we did everything just in London. Last year we went up to Manchester. This year we've going further. We're going I hope I get this right. We're going London, Liverpool, Belfast, I know for sure, and Pompley Edinburgh. So we're going up into Ireland. And uh, I've been to Ireland once before, but never Belfast, and I'm pumped to go up there. And uh, you know, the Jags just do everything first class and it's to be a good group. And I love going over there because it's it's fun to see, you know, how much progress to you know, game of American football's made. And you know, you know, we go to the schools and do the jagtag program. You know, a decade ago, none of this is happening, and and now it's all over the country. You get these you know, Jagtag football programs in schools and they're playing flag football and they're going to drills and you know, and and kind of doing what we did as kids, you know, on the playground, playing that time of football. And so that's a lot of fun and it's great in this cool fan events and uh and so it's a it's a really good time and it's it's something I'm looking forward to.
Speaker 2: The Belfast trip, which if people didn't know, the Jaguars were one of a couple of teams that were given some marketing opportunities to go into into Ireland. So all right, that's a little different. The Republic of Ireland was just granted. That's uh, that's Public of Ireland. Northern Ireland is part of the UK that the Jaguars already had and I think in the future, so so you might see some stuff of that into that in double future, but this is Belfast and the UK portion of it. And looking forward of course to going back a couple of weeks this year, both in the regular season, and a lot to be done for this Jaguars team. Are you excited about this team right now?
Speaker 5: You know, I am. I am really excited about it. It's going to be you know, you think back, you know, back when Logs and I were playing and it was we were a pretty bounced team. But you know, we probably you know, the ninety nine we had the number one or two defense. We have one of the best offenses as well, you know, so it was kind of we played off each other really well. And then but you look after that when this team had success, even you know, prior to shod owning the team, it was really defensive lead. And even in twenty seventeen it was defensive lead. And this team, you know, and I think our defense will be better than it was last year year two under called well and you know, and I know all you know, everyone's counting on a you know, a big step by Trayvon Walker and hopefully a big contract a year from Josh Allen Russian the pastor and and all that. But you know, you look at this offense and the firepower that it has with the addition of Calvin Ridley and bringing back Ingram. I'm assuming that you know that at least at the very leaps designed franchise e can you know, I think a you know, good offensive line. And then the thing that matters more than anything is Trevor Lawrence. And you're three picking off the second picking up after the second half of last year, second year in Doug Peterson's offense. I mean, I am excited about the firepower of this offense and what they can do, and it'll be interesting. I mean, I think you know that you can see games where, you know, high scoring games that you know we'll we'll walking away as a winner, and you know you shot score people, and and I do think our defense will you know, obviously carry their way and do a great job. By no means, I'm not putting them down by any manner, But I'm super excited about what this offense could be and I think it's gonna be a lot of fun this year.
Speaker 2: Well that's great, Tony. We're glad to hear your thoughts on the offense. We really just called to see if we could get the couch and you are useless to us.
Speaker 5: Thank you. JP. It won't be long until the Monday night show gets kicked off here, and I can tell you and I can put you in your place every Monday night. So take your shots now and I'll take it. And uh, but I'm I'm looking forward to the season. I'm looking forward to getting back in the booths of logs and Frank and and kicking off the season and training camp and seeing some really what this team is gonna be and and uh getting getting the thing going. Man, I missed football season. I'm ready for it.
Speaker 2: Tony, thanks Live Radio, but no thank you, Yeah, thanks but no thanks. Enjoy and the UK and yes Canton again. Then we'll talk to you soon, Bud, Tony Biselli useless as usual, No couch from the Hall of Famer.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was kind of on the fly. Thanks to Tony for jumping on with us there and playing along. This is going to be a fun team to watch for sure this year. So we've got just a few minutes left in our entire so we we got we gotta fen for ourselves. Now for the the Dusky Trucks. Yeah, we can figure that out. I'll talk to you. Yeah, I think we can. We can. We can work something out on that. Hey, our crew that puts together these shows on Jaguars dot Com morning night, afternoon podcasts, everything that goes into to get these shows, all other content, the hunt, any film rooms you may or may not be conngradually ovulated to do those including that. But it's a deep staff, right. It starts at the top though, of course Chad John It's and Patrick Kavanaugh, David Candas. On the audio side, Joe Fortunado pushing all the buttons over there, David Show, Brent Reeber, Max Hawkman, Trent Pad Gabby Dalton's who is on a boat somewhere right now. That entire crew, and then on the digital side, Jennifer Gavaglia, Bill Peas, Brook Hoppey and Digital Kateki handles all the advertisement placement. It's a deep staff and we thank them for all their work in this season. And it's come to a clothes lox dead. But just for a little while, Just for a little while, get some rest, Bud Oh, I'm gonna be rested up. I mean I can tell you that, you know, just like Tony was talking about, I mean, this is as exciting of a year as that I've ever been looking forward to. That's Jeff Logman. I'm j P. Shadwick. We'll see you in late July. It's Jaguars Happy Hour.