Speaker 1: Comedy Up Broadway in Lexington. Welcomes Dustin Nickerson April seventeenth through the nineteenth. Then catch the hilarious siblings Leah and Andrew Rudick April twenty fourth through the twenty sixth. And from Dublin, Ireland, It's David Nihil me second and third Comedy Off Broadway opened and downtown Lexington in nineteen eighty seven, and they're still bringing the best in stand up comedy to the area thirty eight years later. Call eight five nine, two seven to one joke or visit Comedy Off Broadway dot com.
Speaker 2: Comedy Off Bway.
Speaker 3: This is Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 4: Now here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 5: Well, welcome everyone. It is Kentucky Sports Radio, Tuesday, April twenty ninth. I'm Matt Jones here live at the KS Bar and Grill where we are open. Well, I said all week, we're basically open all attack. I guess we're closed Christmas Day, what else? Easter, Easter, Easter, there's a handful of times, but most of the time we're open. Yes, and we are open today. He gives out on the Clarks Puppet chop Fold line. The lottery winner Clark's puppet chop fold line eight. I'm nine two eight twenty two eighty seven a vision auto glass text machine is seven seven two seven four five two five four. In this audition sponsored by the TJ. Smith Office called Tj'll Make Him Pay, we got Rachel, our good friend here with Casey getting ready for how you doing. Nice to see you here on a beautiful Tuesday. Guys. It is uh a little Chillian here. It is air conditioning up today a little bit. We may have to fix that, but you know, big day today, it's Derby Week. But most importantly, last night I went to Cincinnati saw my Reds beat your car. The summer of Ellie is is kicking in five straight wins for the Reds. Here's a little stat for you to the last twelve seasons. Do you know how many times the Reds have won six straight games? Once twice in twelve years? Wow, twice in twelve years. So this could be number three? Uh to that tonight if they win. It was a It's beautiful. I got my elly switch hitting bobblehead. You did, oh nice? Yeah? So I missed the switch hitting bobblehead game. I was in the Netherlands. It's a bobblehead and I don't really know what makes it switch hitting. I think it's just Shannon. You can flip it around and it looks like he's hitting left handed.
Speaker 4: I just put the bat in the other hand.
Speaker 5: No, well, the bat goes in one place. They've just designed it wherever it doesn't. I don't really know. It looks to me like when he hits left handed, he would not be being successful. But it is. It's like a visual thing. It's a switch hitting babble I gotta see this I have So I now have two. Uh, I now have two bobbleheads and ready to go.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, last year Billy lerisk his life to get that bubble like.
Speaker 5: One of the last ones. Yes, So this year I called first and asked them to save me one and they did well. I mean, I'm a season ticket holder, so I'll do that. If you know in advance, you know they're having Pete Rose jersey. Yes, I heard that fourteenth. I think I'm gonna sell that ticket because it's a you know, it's it'll be sold out for the Pete Rose. Everybody's gonna want a Pete Rose jersey. And I don't really care because I wasn't. I mean, that was before I was a fan, So I think I might sell those.
Speaker 2: That's a heck of a promotion. Everybody comes because they're replica of Pete Rose Red's jersey and every one of Pete Rose. That's a heck of a promotion.
Speaker 5: That's gotta be an expensive gift, Drew.
Speaker 6: Yeah, how do they afford all this? Is it your season ticket money?
Speaker 5: Ellie?
Speaker 6: That's a nice promotion.
Speaker 5: We're only paying Elle eight hundred thousand dollars and he's I have to tell you right now. Of course I say this now, and I'll hate the team in a week, but right now I kind of love them. They're sixteen and thirteen. They've got obviously Ellie, yes, but they got new guys who were good, Austin Hayes and Gavin Lux. You know, some of the dudes I like haven't even played well, like Matt mcclean's hitting like one fifty, Spencer Steers hitting like one eighty. And yet they're still good because our pitchers they've been grooving it.
Speaker 2: Well, I told you started. My dad's you know, the biggest Cardinal fan I know. He's so upset last night. He called me three times and then the last time was like Red's gonna sweep him. Red's gonna sweep the Cardinals this week.
Speaker 5: Well, here's the thing. They had a big inning where they should have gotten more runs and they didn't. That's probably what madjor Dad they got. We walked like the first two batters, it was first and second, nobody out. He hits a little chopper and the catcher makes a great play, throws him out at third. Next uh, next pitch, double play and we get out of the inning. And that probably made your dad. Man.
Speaker 2: Was a good crowd last night was a nice sight.
Speaker 5: There was not a good crowd. I'm kind of shocked. Perfect weather, Yes, beautiful day playing the Cardinals, but there was nobody there. Well they didn't give the Bible heads last night, but there was there was nobody there. I was kind of surprised.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, this is the summer, Eli, you think they'd be fired. We're a game back in the NL Central, whatever the NL is.
Speaker 5: And I tell you what Uncle Matt did for one of our fine listeners. Let's hear it they are. Why do you look so skeptical when I said that? Man, I mean you look like, what did you think? So what did you think? I was gonna say? Okay, there were these two kids, college kids, sitting in front of me. They one of them looks back and goes, are you Matt Jones? His dad runs the Mister Daddies in Campbellsville and we are, oh nice? And he told me the story that these two guys, one of them lives in Campbellsville, the other one goes to UK, and they like, they don't get to hang out with each other very much. So they were going to the game this week and they said they both had kind of free weeks and they were glad to catch up. Well, Thursday is a day game and I can't go, and so I just said, well, would you all like to hang out again Thursday?
Speaker 2: Let's gave him the I gave him my nice Very nice of you to do that.
Speaker 5: So it was it because they didn't ask. You see what I'm saying. They didn't ask, because when people ask, that's not happen. Do you know what somebody wrote me the other day?
Speaker 6: Tell me about it.
Speaker 5: This is a literally somebody wrote me. This was like two weeks ago. Hey, Matt, I normally never do this, but that's how all the sentences. Sure, they all they all start. I normally never do this, but and I like, my answer is almost always gonna be no. But sometimes I at least understand. They'll be like, it's my dad's birthday or my sister Bob mitzvah or something. You know, there's there's something, there's something happening. This guy goes, I've always been a big Red Sox fan. First of all, not reds Red Sox. The Red Sox are coming to town. Would you give me the tickets or I'm glad to pay face value?
Speaker 6: No, they're they're negotiating.
Speaker 5: Well. First of all, thank you for your generosity at being willing to pay face value for what are probably going to be the most expensive tickets of the year. Thank you. I appreciate you offering to pay face value. But I just I thought, I mean, like, really, you're really gonna ask somebody to give you tickets for what is I mean, the Red Sox. Those tickets will go for four hundred bucks apeece.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can get a good chunk of chain for your seats for the Red Sox series and for the guy that had the kahons ask you, I I'm the opposing.
Speaker 5: Fan scene fan. That's like writing me in saying, hey, lifetime Arkansas fan, they're coming to Rupperna, will you give me the ticket? Crew. I just it's amazing to me that somebody can do that.
Speaker 6: I would have at least lied instead. I'm a Reds fan. I mean, you're asking to wear the opposing team's gear in your seats that they can be seen on TV. You'd be contributing to the wrong team.
Speaker 5: Yes, I took a book last night, but here's how good the Reds are this year. I didn't read the book, and this is how exciting they are this year. No book, I took it in, didn't even open it at any point.
Speaker 4: If they were bad, what book would that be that you would have been reading lesson?
Speaker 5: It's a book. I'm reading that. I'm it's a really good book, but I'm not recommending to the general audience, because I know if you all read it, like I don't want, you're associating it with vermut No, it's not very smart. No, it was one of the New York Times Top ten books of the year. It's called All fours.
Speaker 2: This is taking a turn.
Speaker 6: I actually don't want to know anymore.
Speaker 5: Stop right there. Yeah, I'm just saying to you it's it's very good. I can see why it was named that, But I don't want when you read it. I don't want you thinking, well, this was a Matt Jones recommendation TV.
Speaker 4: So reading all fours thought, I.
Speaker 5: Thought about that. Okay, I thought about it. If I'm reading this book, the name cannot be showy. Yeah, you went viral when I read it.
Speaker 6: Can I read what it's about?
Speaker 5: You cannot? People can look at me. You can look it up on their own if they won nine two twenty two eighty seven. We're gonna take your call today. We did not do it yesterday. As I said, it's Derby Week, Derby week, not just Red's week. It's Derby by the way, little suggestion the rems, why are you always at home during Derby Week? Like why do they every year they have home?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 5: Why not have like that? I feel like that's under their attendance. I would think, like why not be on the road during Derby Week? Anyway, you got mad because last night it went viral again the video of you getting thrown on your back in the mud at the Derby.
Speaker 2: This was what year nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 5: People who haven't seen the video, A college kid just picks rying up, he's in a suit and throws him in the mud hard. Yes, and it hurt your back. We did. And it's now been almost thirty years and it still makes you mad to this day, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: Look that was my very first Kentucky, a member of the media with Channel eighteen. I bought new shirt, new pants, new a new suit.
Speaker 5: He has them all.
Speaker 2: I was style and I had been there for maybe maybe thirty minutes, and I am upside down in a puddle of water and it stunk.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: It was that old rain water, been sitting there for a couple of days. It's stunk and I'm just covered in it. And I had to spend the rest This was early in the day. I had to spend the rest of the day like that, so find somebody who felt sorry for me. He had a pair of jeans and an oversized T shirt that I wore. The rest of it had to do the live shot and jeans and a T shirt he gave you.
Speaker 5: He had brought spare clothes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, punk punk, because he wasn't He's spending the night.
Speaker 5: If they're gonna have to spend the rest of the day in the month.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and I did for several hours.
Speaker 5: And I think, if I remember the story, the kid just ran off and never got caught, disappeared.
Speaker 2: Have you disappeared?
Speaker 5: It was on television. Have you ever figured out who it was?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: We even frozen where you can see his face looking right at the camera and said, you know this guy owes me for dry cleaning and a chiropractor Bill never hurt, never got no nobody.
Speaker 5: Wait, you put it on the air.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you put his face on the air, but this was in Lexington put it on the air. Of course, that kid's probably from who knows where, So that kid is probably like fifty years old probably. Yeah, So what would you think about, like should we find him?
Speaker 5: Now? I would love that. I would just like to find out who it was.
Speaker 4: I have like facial recognition technology now, so.
Speaker 5: Here's what I would say. First of all, Drew, will you put out the video? Yeah? All right, So Drew's gonna put out the video on his Twitter account. If anyone knows who this person is, I don't want this person to be punished. But thirty years later, it feels like they should come and apology.
Speaker 2: I agree, yes, because it hurt your back, right, My back was messed up for a couple of years after that hurts your back. Yes, it was muddy, It was stinky mud.
Speaker 5: Now he's probably just a kid that was having fun. Probably think about it. But maybe now, as a grown up at fifty, he could apologize to you, and I think then maybe you could get some closure and laugh about it, feel some remorse.
Speaker 2: I remember after I got up, I went straight to a police officer and you're gonna help me with this, He goes, Dude, where'd he go? You know they didn't. They didn't the police officers. Two police officers standing right there, watch the whole thing.
Speaker 5: All right. So so Drew will put this out Shannon. We'll let the masses decide if they think they know in this entire state. I mean, remember when the Luigi guy killed the insurance guy. They found him in a McDonald's in Altona.
Speaker 2: So I feel like we can we could, we can do this thirty years later. The dude may look a lot different. He's a big muscular guy in the video.
Speaker 5: But I'm saying, but like there might be somebody who remembers Drew what he looked like then.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, you know, I watched a lot of Dateline. There's several way new technology true. Also, sometimes just over time, criminals think, you know what, I've been living with this for twenty five years.
Speaker 2: Thinks will we find him? When we find they need to let me pick him up and throw him in a mud.
Speaker 4: PUB think he probably could forget.
Speaker 5: I think that's first of all, if you couldn't do that. Secondly, he's fifty years old now probably, so it might hurt him if you threw him in the mud.
Speaker 2: It hurt me when he threw me in the mud.
Speaker 5: So I hope you get over that because it still seems to really bother well, because like I said, I was so excited my first derby, and I spend all day in a muddy, stinky, wet clothes.
Speaker 2: It was awful, awful.
Speaker 5: A five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. Uh we did. We touched on this yesterday. The Kentucky players were all in town, and I want to ask you a question about the roster because we have Uh, well, there's a couple things we'll do that when we return. Drew just put out the video. See if we could find this man that thirty years ago broke Ryan's herd. We'll take a break of you right back. It's ks har Wa. I'm back. It is Kentucky Sports Radio text machine seven seven two seven four five two five four one person rides mad. I saw you at the game last night, saw you carrying a book. I actually wasn't sitting far from you and wanted you to read so I could take a picture and make fun of you. But I didn't see you pull it out the whole time. It's exactly right. I didn't because the game was so good.
Speaker 2: He went fast to two hours.
Speaker 5: DS are fun. They had uh you know, they got all these You got all these young guys. The only dude they're paying a lot of money to stinks, which is Candelario. He doesn't even get in the game. He stinks. But the rest of the team is is fun.
Speaker 2: I thought a big come back to the Cardinals tonight.
Speaker 5: I think they we're not gonna sweep them. I think we probably lose tonight. I mean we had we only won six straight twice in twelve years. I don't expect it to happen tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Last time you said this, I bet on the Reds because I something about your lack of confidence. I think they're gonna win again. I'm gonna do it again. You gotta show faith in your team. I'd love for that to uh uh, that to happen.
Speaker 5: One person writes Matt, I read the description of the book you said you read on my work computer, and now you're gonna get me in trouble boy.
Speaker 2: Really huh yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean again, I want to be clear, this is not my I'm not telling you folks to read this book. Don't point at me like that. I didn't. If you read it, it's on your own. It's it's with a warning. Okay. So the players were we're all we're all here this weekend, and I was looking at the ross. We have twelve guys. Question one, do you think we go get a thirteenth guy? I still haven't gotten the call that Mark Pope is ready to come on the show, which tells me the roster's not finished, which tells me I think we're gonna get a thirteenth person. But do you think we're gonna get one? I think they could.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll say they either had a high school or another international player. I think they're done with the portal. I believe they've even said that, But maybe you add someone that's more of a project for all down the road. I don't think they need one, but I still think they will look to add one.
Speaker 2: See obviously, and more towards European player. Also somebody that can bring in kind of work with this year, it's kind of like a red shirt year almost and then getting ready for maybe down the road.
Speaker 5: Why European though, if it's gonna be a red shirt, wouldn't a European be a guy like you have come play immediately?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 5: Why is he gonna come from Europe to not try?
Speaker 2: If he's like a maybe like a seven footer that's really needs to be some beefed up and need to get stronger and need to learn how to play American basketball, I would be my guess.
Speaker 5: Okay, I assume they will use somebody. I think I would have heard if they like, because I think there's a good chance we'll have Pope in the couple weeks after that after the derby, So I would assume they get somebody else. All right, do you think we have a final four roster? I see, I see a lot of our fans seemingly assume the answer to that question is yes. And then some of the rankings don't even have us in the top ten, like Jeff Borzello doesn't have us in the top ten. John Rothstein doesn't have us in the top ten. But then there are people like the field to sixty eight have us number three. So that's you don't usually see that wide discrepancy in how people see the team. Which one do you think is closer top three, not in the top ten.
Speaker 6: I lean final four potential because I think they'll be in the conversation for a one seed at the end of the year. I think the SEC will be down, definitely could be down. A big part of the tournament last years we saw is retaining players, and I mean, you're gonna have a way back, Garrison back, Chandler back. You know, we know the list. And then I really like the pieces they added to fix the flaws last year defensively, so if they stay healthy, I think there'll be a top two seed in the tournament.
Speaker 5: What about the argument, Hey, clearly we're better defensively, Clearly we're tougher, but we gave up a lot of shooting and last year kind of our strength was shooting, and we gave up a lot of that. We have a lot of shooters that might be good, but we probably don't have any you know, we came in last year, know when Kobe Brayer was a great shooter. We knew Jackson Robinson was a great shooter. We knew Andrew Carr was a pretty good shooter. I don't know that we have anybody that you would say, Okay, well that's definitely a great shooter.
Speaker 2: That's my concern right there. That's why I's getting ready to say that there's just not that guy that when we need hit two or three threes in a game. Unless Alway can figure it out this summer, figure his shot out. I don't think it's the missing piece. I think I wish you'd got a knockdown shooter.
Speaker 5: But we also, though have four guys who can go get you a bucket, which we didn't really have last year. I think you Jalen Low can go get you a basket. I think you know Aberdeen Aberdeen could go get you a basket. I think you could Otaga can go get you a basket. So I mean I do think you have that. Does that make it better for you? Yeah, I mean they're gonna be really, really good. And then if you're asking me to pick top three or out of the top ten, I'm probably picking in the middle. Like seventeen, those weren't the two choice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm going to choices where well those.
Speaker 5: Were not the two choice. Obviously picking in the middle would be the easy choice. The question is if you if I said to you they were either top three or like eleventh.
Speaker 2: I guess I would probably take tough three because I do think Otago will make a jump. I think Brandon Garrison is gonna make a jump. I think Colin Channer of those three guys we talked about, they're gonna make a jump this season.
Speaker 5: And you do have drew nine or ten guys that can make a three, right, So just think about rather than not down, just think about guys who could make a three. Okay Low can make a three, Oway Aberdeen, Chandler, Noah Garrison, Jasper Johnson. Yeah. I mean, so I've just given you eight guys that and then the Croatian kid. I've just given you nine guys that you know, if you leave open, can make it. And you know, maybe even you know, maybe there's even more. But those those are the ones. Did I say Cam Williams that's ten.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm just gonna say, let's Cam Williams and Jasper Johnson to the ones.
Speaker 5: That shoot threes. I don't he had.
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't know that you're gonna rely. He's not gonna be like Almanor, but he's his money when he steps out.
Speaker 5: But he made a few.
Speaker 6: Obama, I'm not as worried. Not everyone's gonna take a big jump, but I think like a lower an Aberdeen, you could see their shooting percentage go up. And also last year they d not finishing top twenty five. You finished the year without Jackson Robinson, who's one of your best shooters. So outside of Kobe Brea, I mean Kentucky's team, they I think they shot at thirty seven percent or something like that for the year. It wasn't like a lights out shooting. As this season winded down there they even had to play a little defense.
Speaker 5: And you didn't have Jackson Robinson at the end. That was I still made the Sweet sixteen. Who do you think is the because I think there's a definitive answer to this, but who do you think is the player? That this dude better be good for us to be good. Do you have one Otega? Okay you're Otaga? Yeah, all right, what bet you?
Speaker 6: I'm already counting Otega is good, Eileen Lowe or even Brandon Garrison. I'm gonna say Brandon Garrison just in case the acquaintance is a slow build.
Speaker 5: You know, Marino is still young.
Speaker 6: I think if he's gonna be the starter in the in the five, uh, he needs to make a big jump to get closer to what is what Amaro was last year.
Speaker 5: For me, we either make it or don't on Jaalen low like to me, we've put a lot on that kid. He's our point guard. He's gonna be our primary, like you know, offense starter. I think he's gotta be good. I think he is good, but like you watch how he plays. He is a high volume player. I think that you call in the NBA a high usage player, which means the ball is in his hands a lot. I think he's gotta be good. I think he will, but like he's the one that we got it and keep.
Speaker 2: Your finger cross theyn get help stay healthy at that point in our position, not have another season we had last good thing is they do.
Speaker 5: Have Aberdeen sitting there? Who could? Who could? Who could? Back up? Then O Taga did it a little bit Chadler.
Speaker 6: I've seen some people saying Chandler can't do it. You gotta remember last year he didn't even practice as the point. He was like the sixth option all summer, all fall, and then even Perry, I mean he's he's uh, you know you had Kerr and Lamont all summer. They practice to be in that role. I think if Chandler goes in the summer knowing he's gonna have to do some ball handling, he can make a jump there too if needed.
Speaker 5: If I'm eighty seven, who's first? Oh the lines are open? All right? Come on, folks, I'm ready to take calls.
Speaker 2: And Shannon, Shannon probably nuked the lines.
Speaker 5: Chance, did you nuke the line?
Speaker 4: Nuked the lines?
Speaker 5: You nuked the lines? Because sorry, there's a few, but I want to talk to you if I'm nine to two eight oh, uh, twenty two eighty seven, one more person? Do you think the Croatian kid is playing ten minutes, fifteen minutes, twenty minutes, twenty five minutes.
Speaker 6: He's the one that's confusing because I think dia Bote is gonna play a lot of minutes. You can maybe even play a quaintance at the four a little bit when he gets healthy. So it's a matter of finding him time. But I think he's very capable. I think I'll say he plays fifteen. By the way, you just hope we've been to play a deep roster very similar.
Speaker 5: But did you see the Stoyakovic kids going to Illinois. I mean they literally are just taking the Croatian national team and may they have both of Visa brothers and Stoyakovic. I mean they're they basically are taking, you know, a national team on their run, our Croatian yellow bitch. He has a teammate that's now looking to go to college and heck, Illinois might call him to maybe we'll call him. Maybe he's a shooter. Well we'll just become team college beta man.
Speaker 6: But I would watch Illinois because they're collecting them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Illinois's gonna be really good next year with those three guys.
Speaker 5: They can't beat us Oho twenty two to eighty seven. By the way, they've got a whistler at these Reds games again.
Speaker 2: Oh no, oh, those people should be banned attained by law enforcement.
Speaker 5: We'll be right back. TJ. Smith, personal injury attorney called TJ. He'll make them pay now.
Speaker 3: More of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 4: Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 5: Welcome back Turkey Sports Radio. If I'm nine, two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. Here's what's crazy. The guy asked me for the Boston tickets. We play them in Boston this year. So see asking me two years in advance. Maybe the Yankees come here this year.
Speaker 6: Maybe you thought when you were a season ticket holder, you get away tickets too.
Speaker 5: That would be good.
Speaker 2: Actually, that seats behind home Playton Finway. Hey, I'll take those.
Speaker 5: Seven seven two seven seven four five two five four. By the way, Diabat shot forty six percent from three last year. That alemn That surprised me.
Speaker 2: I didn't know he was that good of a shooter.
Speaker 5: Must take it, must not take ten many.
Speaker 6: I looked it up though. His freshman year he shot nine percent, then he jumped to forty six. I mean, we're looking at maybe potential le season next year.
Speaker 5: You're saying he'll jump that again and then he'll shoot eighty three.
Speaker 6: I'm just looking at what he's done in the past, projecting.
Speaker 5: The next year he'll make more than he takes. That's a big jump, big jump. Let's see, we got folks on, so let's just start. I've got a couple of other things, but I'll wait. Who's up first, Estal? How are you? Estel?
Speaker 8: I'm fine?
Speaker 5: Are you good?
Speaker 8: I'll talked to you before. And I really don't like all this fouling. You know, put people on the line hoping they'll miss the pretro, and it drags out the last two minutes a lot. And now they've gone to checking the clock, checking the time. You know, see if you've also the Lafet couple of minutes was really dragging it out.
Speaker 5: Yes, especially college basketball, it takes for effort.
Speaker 8: Okay, here's here's something. And I would lie to them to consider. Of course they won't, those committee won't. But we could go to eighty five, do away with all the time and most of the time, and let's just go to eighty five. Look up last three years and see what was the average winning scorer. I mean, what would it be around eighty five?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you're talking about they have this thing now what it's called the elam ending, which is basically they play a game and then like with I don't know what it is, four or five minutes to go, then they'll go all right, fifteen points from here. I agree with you, sir, I think it'd be better. But I think the bigger issue for college basketball. I appreciate the call is they've got to find a way to limit the reviews in college basketball. They went, I mean, there's just too many. It needs to be like the NBA. You get a challenge, right, you get so many challenges a game. You got like two challenges a game, and if you use them early, that's on you, like that's what you know, and then you only I think in the NBA they only review like in the last minute, and they don't even review fouls like they'll only review clock in the last minute. We've got to do that because college basketball in the last few years, the rafts go to the monitor on every play and there's no reason for that.
Speaker 6: Oh, I've got a million tweets from Roperino where it's just a photo. I always say, Doug at the monitor. Here he goes again. And if you're a team that plays with tempo and it's late in the game, that can absolutely kill you. If they're just constantly reviewing every little thing, it just makes the game come to a crawl.
Speaker 2: You know, it may never happen, but I do like the elam ending because there's like, there's a game winning bucket every single game. You can celebrate that one that gets you to fifteen.
Speaker 5: It's true, you do get the excitement of the team winning bucket regards every single game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it made the basket of the TBT a lot of fun. I mean, Brendan Canada hit a game winner. Yeah, free throw. When is the tvt boy though, July. It's in July and it's at Memorial, right, Historic Memorial. That's gonna be got some big commitments. I've heard of teasers of future commitments. I think they're gonna have an another good roster here.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I they've got to do something about the reviews the NCAA tournament, and some of them are just brutal. Those that last couple of minutes. It just goes and goes and goes and goes, and it's really annoyed.
Speaker 2: You know, an out of bounds play or a clock violation or whatever. Man, but out of.
Speaker 5: Bounds take it needs to be close they're to the point they review every every play. They just review it for the sake of reviewing it, and it needs make them have a challenge so that the coach has to do. Like in baseball, you get one review right and they'll you'll look and they'll quickly Terry Francona, I watch him in the dugout. He quickly looks to see the to have somebody look, and then they'll just look at the umpire and go, you're good.
Speaker 6: And it's it's it's a fast pace in college basketball. It's like they've gotten where they'll rely on it and they'll make the call, knowing that allows them to go to the monitor. They're like, well, instead of me putting my neck out there and making a decision here, I just know we can all walk to the monitors.
Speaker 5: They call the foul. So this is what happened in that NBA game the other night. If they call the foul, then they're allowed to go to the monitor, But if they don't call the foul, then they're not, which gives them an incentive to call, which is the last thing you want at the end of a game, is the incentive to call a foul.
Speaker 6: They're just relying on it way too much because they know they can go to it for several things. There's no limit to it, Uh, even though there might be some miscalls we complain about. They got to go back to just bang bang, make your decision and then just a few challenges there.
Speaker 5: By the way, with goldtending like they're allowed to do it if they call it, just takes them more likely to call it, which is not what you want. Who's next, Joe, Joe, Go ahead, Joe.
Speaker 7: Thank you, gentlemen, Matt. As we wait for coach both to make his final decision on his roster, we also are looking forward to UH Coach Brooks and our girls team. Matt, is there a question of money on Coach Brooks? Is he does wait for next year to get more money so he can recruit a lot more play?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I've heard. Well, you know, they had that one girl this year who was supposed to be their second best player who tore ACL to start the season. Right, what was her name?
Speaker 2: I can't remember.
Speaker 5: Oh, so she's gonna she's I think, supposed to be our best player this year. And then they had a lot of young, younger people. I don't know if they're gonna add one or two more players. But I I've heard that the Nile situation for women's basketball is good good, So I don't think that the issue Drew is money. If they if they don't have the.
Speaker 6: Players, I think they're gonna have a good team with what they have returning. And then, uh, I mean, you can't replace Georgia Amore. But they went and got the Tony Morgan point guard, who was all acc I don't know if anyone's gonna be what Georgia was, but it seemed like they did as best they could in the portal to fill that spot.
Speaker 5: But then you have Key and.
Speaker 6: Strak and all the all the bigs they're back.
Speaker 5: Have you noticed all the national coverage Kentucky's been getting for the way they set up that athletics department all they have, Oh, they've got a ton of it. A lot of national people going, wait a minute, is this the future? The future? And who would have ever thought Mitch Barnhardt, who has been seen not just by the fans but by me as being like behind the times on this stuff, that they would be the one that would create the future of how these things will be done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's always been kind of a guy, like, you know, like an alcohol sales le. Let's wait and see how it works out of other schools in al thing, Let's wait till he goes to other schools. Now he's being proactive. He's the leader in this.
Speaker 6: Do you think he just hates the current climate so much He's like, I gotta do something, I gotta step up because he was to get into it.
Speaker 5: I want to give him his due, which is he takes a view and this is something that I've heard him say many times. He takes a view that he really wants to leave things better than they were when he got them. And I think he takes to you he knows the end of his career is coming, and I think he knows what happens in the next year or two is going to set up the next twenty and he doesn't want to leave a new ad with a disaster of a situation trying to figure out how you reorganize an athletic department. So I think that's why he's doing it.
Speaker 6: To be honest, didn't he and Cal say about Wasn't that a big part of their little sit down was leaving things better than they found it.
Speaker 5: Cal left four days later.
Speaker 6: Well half of them are falling through with that.
Speaker 5: But I will say he did leave it better than at the time of that interview, which is things were better after he left than they were during that interview.
Speaker 2: See, he followed up on his promise, and you know, to be fair to Col, the.
Speaker 5: Program was in a better place than it was when he got here. Oh, no doubt when he got here. No, I mean, to be fair to Col. That's a good question about coaches. Who's done that? I mean, Rick did it. Tubby, I guess it was a little worse.
Speaker 6: He picked it up at the peak, though.
Speaker 5: Billy made it much worse. Cal made it better. He did, and we'll see what happens with Pope, and then in football Joker made it worse. Brooks picked it up. Rich Brooks made it much better. I think, no matter what happens with Mark Stoops, you're gonna have to say he leaves it better than it was, thank you. So I think that's that is not a bad way to measure success. A little hard for Tubby because Tubby got it at the absolute pete.
Speaker 6: With Cal, it could have gone very wrong in that hire after the way Billy took it straight down in the tank, but he picked it up quickly, so yeah, it can't be lost on us.
Speaker 2: That's why when we think I think about the Cali, I think, over time, I'm gonna kind of forget about these last three or four years and remember those first seven or eight years.
Speaker 5: It's interesting we're a year away from him leaving and already people talk about cal significantly less. Huh. I think we had to get through it one year.
Speaker 6: We had to get through that game.
Speaker 5: We had to get through that game, We had to get through the tournament. We needed him to lose in the sweet sixteen, same round as us, And I think it's gonna be much much, much less of a story next year.
Speaker 2: We need a beat him though. We gotta beat him. We're gonna beat him. I want to. I want to beat him at Arkansas.
Speaker 5: Now, have we found out who the guy is yet that threw you on the ground.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen it.
Speaker 5: Okay's miss. If you're looking for a roofing company you can trust, call Bluegrass Roofing and Consulting. A family, veteran and first responder owned company, fully licensed and insured, take pride in customer service that use state of the art technology to get you through it. It's a residential and commercial roofing specialist. If you need a roofer, called Bluegrass roof and Consulting. They offer a lifetime warranty on any full roof replacement. Use my code KSR for you get a free inspection and up to five percent off your roof repairs. So make sure when you call Bluegrass Roofing say KSR. Go to Bluegrass Roofing and Consulting dot com or one eight hundred roof pro. Gotta be careful with your roofers. Did you see this story about the roofer in Kentucky. I'm not gonna say the names, but like just shut down their business. They had locations in Lexington and Louisville, and like, we're getting people in trouble.
Speaker 6: And I didn't see that. I get anxiety show.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying to you, I'm not saying any names, but you gotta be careful. That's why you use Bluegrass. Somebody can trust consulting. We'll take a break. Mary backs Kis all right, we have I have a name. I'm not gonna say it on here because I don't want to, you know, in case it's wrong, but somebody has given us. Yeah, somebody has given us a potential nex. We have a lead. We have a lead on the throwing RND in the bud. Yeah. Can you think I could say the first name? Yeah?
Speaker 4: First name is generic, man, it could be anybody.
Speaker 6: It's kind of common.
Speaker 5: So the lead, he's a guy named Chuck, Chuck Chucking. So if you know, if you know a Chuck, he's on our list of suspects. Now, I don't know a lot of Chucks. We were just saying, like, when's last time you know it? Chuck? You mentioned Chuck Hayes. I'm gonna eliminade him. I saw the video clear. It's not perfectly clear, but clear enough to cross him off our list.
Speaker 2: Chuck not block, Chuck Charles Barkley. They call him Chuck.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he goes by Charles mostly. Chuck no block. I think I can eliminate him. I have a last name, Chuck. His second. He could have done it, but I don't think he did it. Well.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was the way he kind of spun me around and he whipped me up and threw me down.
Speaker 5: I have the last name, but I'm not saying it because I don't want to. I don't want to. But but if you know what, Chuck, maybe that's maybe that's uh, Chuck Grassley, the senator for Iowa. He's ninety years old.
Speaker 6: This was thirty years ago.
Speaker 5: Sixty man.
Speaker 4: He had on man's strength even back then.
Speaker 5: Wow, look at you knowing Chuck Grassley.
Speaker 6: How do you know that's a big I'm a big politics guy.
Speaker 5: Really.
Speaker 6: I would not have sit around just watching Fox News scene and I bounced back and forth. I would not have had YouTube TV multiview on all the political chanting. Okay, seven four five two five four, we'll go to the phone in a second.
Speaker 5: By the way, Diabat shot twenty six threes for Alabama last year May twelve. It's pretty good. I like he's checking out there. Uh hey, notes, I would have told him to shoot a few more.
Speaker 6: And Aberdeen, even though his uh season percentage inn when Walter Clayton got hurt, he started five games and he shot forty five percent from three. So they just need an opportunity.
Speaker 5: Let's start for a second about the Falcons. The Falcons defensive coordinator's kid, so Shador Sanders, got prank called during the draft and they said, hey, congrat you've been drafted and then it turns out it was a prank call for reasons that I will never understand. The two kids that did it videoed themselves and put it online. Why in the world would you do that?
Speaker 6: We're going to shirve of the school they go to Maryland.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like, in case you don't know who this is, we have an old Miss shirt on. Of course it's two old Miss students. What turns out even worse, one of the kids, not the one calling, but the one sitting next to him, was the Falcons defensive coordinator's son. So he got the number from the Falcons defensive coordinator. Now the Falcons release a statement that said his dad left out the iPad and the kid got the number from the iPad. Question one, do you believe that story?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 2: I think the kid purposely got into the iPad specifically looking for Shandur Sanders number.
Speaker 5: Right, All right, yes, do believe.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think he left it open. I'm saying he left left and just left it on the table.
Speaker 5: I think. I don't think the argument is he left it on the table the kid tripped and saw she door Sanders number. I think the argument is, did the dad have anything to do with I mean, yeah, I'm sure the kid intentionally got Sander's number, But do you believe that the dad's iPad was just sitting around and the dad didn't know about it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I can buy that. I can buy the story that I think I heard that he had left it on and that's why the kid got the number. I don't think I think the kid you bought.
Speaker 5: Do you buy it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I believe it. I mean as opposed to what he hacked the computer? I mean, what's the other I mean.
Speaker 5: Okay, maybe I'm the cynic here, but how many times do you leave an iPad on and it doesn't, like get a lock screen up? I mean, I would think, wouldn't the lock screen come up?
Speaker 4: At some Some people have turned off, maybe at a different time. Some people haven't it fun okay, minutes.
Speaker 5: So let's fine. Who knew you all would be so treaty? Are usually the ones that are suspect? All right, Well, let's say he didn't have anything to do with it. If you're the dad, Drew, what do you do now? Your kid's twenty one years old?
Speaker 2: But yeah, he's not a kid, he's twenty one, So what what do.
Speaker 5: You do to the sun. Can you do anything? Do you like take him out of the wheel.
Speaker 6: Uh, well, I don't know about taking him out of the will, but uh dad was a linebacker in the NFL for almost a decade. I even thought I would hate to be his son behind closed doors. That could have gotten him in a lot of trouble. Seems like the Falcons, if you know, obviously taking the blame off him. His dad just got that job. It's a cutthroat league where you can get fired over anything. I'm gonna assume Dad did what he needed to do behind.
Speaker 5: And handle that.
Speaker 6: Turn on your a.
Speaker 5: Dad, you have a twenty one year old that does this. Let's say I have well, let's use your scenario. Let's say you have Otaga always number and your son calls Otaga oway and prank Seeman says he'll be a first round pick in the NBA draft.
Speaker 6: What do you do it It's your first year on the job at this at this organization.
Speaker 2: And the kids twenty one. I mean, he's an adult. I mean you can't take his PlayStation away or get yourself. I'm gonna screaming at that age. I don't think it works either. I think but I'm gonna make him feel so guilty and make him feel like an inch tall about how he embarrassed me, embarrassed our family, embarrassed your organization.
Speaker 5: Well, let's act like you're giving me. I'm your son, all right, all right, and and this has happened and you've found out tell me what what? What are you gonna say to me?
Speaker 4: Matt?
Speaker 2: Look, I know you thought it was probably some funny thing to do, but in reality is you've embarrassed our entire family. You've embarrassed Sorry, he's not gonna get it this time. I mean you need to. You need to suck it up and understand what you've done.
Speaker 5: Do you want me to do?
Speaker 2: Well, I want you to listen what I'm saying and stop talking back to me right now? Oh is this funny to you? Give this funny to you? Saw you shift into a new gear right there, You get a dad mode and everything changes.
Speaker 5: That was that was kind of scary a little bit.
Speaker 6: You will.
Speaker 2: Jeff Gilstrap, the late Jeff Gilstrap told me if you were friends with your kid, then you are not doing your job. They need to be scared of you when they're that age.
Speaker 5: But you're friends with your kids.
Speaker 2: I am now, but but your kids are One kid's still in high school.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 2: I ripped him the other day about well, I mean, do you want to say or well, I can tell you. We were trying to go down to Panama sitting to me Shannon. We were leaving at one o'clock after K s R. I get home, he's not there and he hasn't even packed. Oh yeah, I laid into him. You all thought you were.
Speaker 5: Gonna be just said though, you were gonna make him feel bad.
Speaker 2: Well that was a twenty one year old, eighteen year old. I think I still can still yell at him.
Speaker 4: He's an adult at eighteen, though, too.
Speaker 5: Yeah all right, so you yell at eighteen, don't at twenty one? Yeah? All right. Well this is I hadn't thought about what you said, Drew, which is if you're the employer you, I mean, maybe you're not gonna fire the guy, but it might hurt him with future jobs because people be like, can we trust this guy to kind of handle his business? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean not to overreact to getting playbooks and stuff, but you know, we try to keep things internal. How is your son getting one of the most popular names that have come through the draft in many years. How is he getting his personal sofhone number and calling him? Like, what else are you leaving opening around the place. It's a good question. Well, anyway that it's gonna be, it's gonna be awkward. At the next family gathering with those two, bet son got his credit card because sign ended up.
Speaker 5: By the way, the son had to apologize saw that they put the son in contact with Shador. In reading the statements, it sounded like the sun apologized, but Shador was not happening.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't have it either.
Speaker 5: I mean, it was very embarrassing. I mean it was a live stream like that. That's the one moment I did really feel bad for it. Like you get your hopes up and you get excited and then you're it's like a joke, and that's a you.
Speaker 6: Get that opportunity one time. Well he actually got it twice in this situation. But you know, I'm sure he got so excited when that call come through and he just ripped it from him.
Speaker 2: I thought the apology that he posted, I thought it was good and I am glad he called and they talked to each other like that was a big move.
Speaker 5: Big step. Yeah I could, but he kind of got rewarded for it. He got to talk to Shanor Sanders twice. But uh, well man, you scared me. Stess there, we will take a break, come back here at Chaos by Grail. I have number two can take you. Sports Radio