Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market. Harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move today. We can do that with Bloomberg.
Speaker 4: What are you looking at, Good morning, Paul, I'm looking at Nvidia, So Scarlett, to add to what you had mentioned about South Korea, the tech heavy Costly Index fell about ten percent and that really impacted a lot of semiconductor AI memory stock companies. But Nvidia certainly has taken a hit as well. It's down as much as four percent on the day, and all other sort of AI chip makers memory stocks are also falling in sympathy. So we've got in addition to Nvidia ticker NVDA, we also have Marvel Technology ticker m RVL, Qualcom q c M, and sand Disk SNDK also falling in sympathy.
Speaker 1: So all right, so a lot of red in that big tech sector. Next up is something not necessarily an entertainment but definitely a member of the meme stock club.
Speaker 4: Absolutely so AMC Entertainment is falling as much as thirty percent in trading today, and that's on track for the largest intra day drop since May twenty twenty four. And this is coming amid news of an equity sale of ninety five million shares for proceeds of around two hundred million dollars and the company is primarily looking to de leverage a bit of their dot but Bloomberg Intelligence analysts are noting that this move puts dilution concerns at the forefront, suggesting there is close to a fifteen percent dilution effect for common shareholders. So definitely an area to watch here for AMC Entertainment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, our shareholder, I'd not be happy. This is a cheesy move, I think, but it happens. But you Roth Capital Management did the deal, so that also tells you something. But again, some dilution there. But when your stock had that run, why not take some money here?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: What else you get?
Speaker 4: Sure? Lastly, if that Carnival Corp. The cruise line operator. They released their earnings earlier this morning and the stock is now down as much as eleven percent on the day, and it is now on track for its largest intra day drop in about three months. And so while the company's revenue beat expect sorry, excuse me, fell short of the analyst expectations. It is at a record for the company themselves. And also we noted that Carnival cut its full year net yield outlook, and so it's really interesting to us as a litmus for the impact of tumbling oil prices on the cruise and travel industry. So keeping an eye on Carnival Cruise in terms of investor response to their earnings.
Speaker 2: This morning this stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.