Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Adam vin Terry, who knew he's up there taking shots at people. Roastmaster General there the Hall of Famer joining us on the program. All right, did you run your speech by anybody before you gave it this week? Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know, honestly, my speech.
Speaker 4: My oldest son, AJ and I kind of worked on my speech from the get go, kind of bouncing jokes off each other. My wife, who hadn't heard the speech, just heard some of the jokes. She told me exactly what you said. You can't turn her Hall of Fame speech, you know, a thank you to everybody into a roast. And I said, I'm not. I'm throwing some jokes, but I'm reeling it back in and giving guys love in the process. So I finally had to sit her down, give her the speech, and then she was like, okay, these are pretty good.
Speaker 3: They're gonna be all right.
Speaker 2: Okay, the Pat McAfee line. Your wife was fine with that joke too well.
Speaker 4: Pat said it a hundred times on his show, so she's heard it a bunch of times. I threw a little spin just to make it funny, but she it took a little bit of convincing, but I think after she heard it about a dozen times, it desensitized her a little bit and she was like, all right, it's gonna be okay.
Speaker 3: But all eyes and all cameras were on her right now.
Speaker 2: Have you heard from Coach Belichick? I have not yet. I have not yet.
Speaker 4: Brady reached out to me said, really funny, I hope you have a hangover this morning kind of thing the following day.
Speaker 3: So I have not heard from Coach yet.
Speaker 2: What about Peyton was in the audience? She was fine with the forehead joke.
Speaker 3: He was. He thought it was pretty good.
Speaker 4: I'm sure his brother teaches him about that, so that's always kind of the thing that people like to give him a little crap about. So you know, everything that I said was all in fun love. Obviously, I love all those guys. I wouldn't mention them if they didn't mean the world to me. So hopefully, and here's the other thing. There's a couple of those guys that I threw a couple jokes at. Hopefully it will be on the stage here very soon. They'll get their opportunity to throw it.
Speaker 2: Back at me. Compare the nerves of going on and doing your speech to kicking a game winning field goal.
Speaker 3: Kicking a game winning field goal is easier.
Speaker 4: I think it was funny all of all of the older guys that you know came up to us, and they all had bets on who was.
Speaker 3: Going to cry or who was going to cry first.
Speaker 4: You know, it's a common thing that you get emotional, and to be honest with you, I had the toughest time until the morning of. I just repped it so many times to try to get it a little bit less desensitized in me because I couldn't get through it without getting emotional.
Speaker 3: And then I saw my dad when I started mentioning it to him, and then it screwed me up because I lost my train of thought. And then now I'm now now I'm all messed up myself. So I literally at that.
Speaker 4: Point had to look away from my family at the other teleprompter because I'm like, if I look at them, I'm going to lose it.
Speaker 3: So tried to be as professional as I could kind of sort.
Speaker 2: Of do you feel different today?
Speaker 4: You know, It's one of those situations that you dream about it all your life and and then you get the knock on the door, and then it's all about it's game week again, right preparation, making sure that you do the right things and say the right things. And and it was funny because I was really really nervous sitting there listening to Fitzgerald's speech, knowing that I was going to be up in fifteen minutes later. But there was a weird calmness when I when I watched the video and Boom was talking about the stories and and then I was just like, you know what this is. This is what we do. You're prepared, you're you're ready to go. And I think that this holds true with football as well. If you're out, if you practice and you're prepared and you do everything right, then then when it's game time, it comes easier.
Speaker 3: So I won't lie to you.
Speaker 4: I was nervous for the last several months writing the speech and thinking about who I need to add, And unfortunately you can't talk about everybody, Coach Doungee, Bill pull In, like, there's so many people out there that I wish I had more time to think. But this was maybe one of those speeches that you didn't want to get mentioned in because if you did you're getting roasted.
Speaker 3: So probably those guys are sitting back. Please don't mention my name.
Speaker 4: In this.
Speaker 2: Who was the Hall of Famer you wanted to meet?
Speaker 3: Oh man, there's so many.
Speaker 4: I tell you what, Joe Green did an incredible toast in the bus room when it was just us Hall of famers. I mean, I look around and you know, Ronnie Lot sat next to us in the Nichecki the ray Nichke luncheon, because obviously he played with Roger.
Speaker 3: Craig, and you know, and I just everywhere I look, I saw my heroes.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 4: It was the most incredible time sitting in front of the team photo and there's one hundred and twenty plus us New five guys.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 4: It was really really humbling, just because even at my earliest memories, you know Franco Harris and Lynn Swan and you know Terry Bradshaw and then then you know, and I'm obviously mentioning the Pittsburgh but you know, Joe Montagne, like all of these guys that when I grew up as a kid, I just idolized them. I dreamed that someday I would meet them, And and now I get to be on the same team as them, right, and and them just welcoming. They don't care if you're a kicker, they don't care what position you played. Everybody in that organization or that fraternity now we're all brothers. And and it's you lose football once you once you step away from the game.
Speaker 3: The thing that I feel like that I miss the most is.
Speaker 4: The locker room, the you know, the just being around the guys, the banter, guys teasing each other and talking trash to each other, and being back in that situation was well humbling. I got goosebumps talking about it right now. But it was just so great to know that you're part of a family that they said you can't ever get cut from your your you're a member for life and eternity.
Speaker 3: I guess right. So it was really really a wild experience.
Speaker 2: He's Adam Vinitarian Hall of Fame kicker and won four Super Bowls. If I'm going to take one kick out of your career, what's the one that you say that.
Speaker 4: One would I would say the game tying divisional playoff game, the snow Bowl, tough rule, whatever, when you want to call it, that's the one that I'm absolutely the most proud of. You could have made a tougher situation down by three Blizzard playoff game. You miss it, You're cleaning out your locker the next day, and just the sure difficulty of making that I still wonder I watched it. Anytime it's on, I have to watch it because I'm still blown away that I made that kick because of the intensity of it. Can never you can never discount your dream come true as a kicker of thinking about.
Speaker 3: You know, being you know, kicking a game winning Super Bowl kick.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's that's absolutely the thing that I dreamt about the most in my entire life as a kid. All the way tell the moment that had happened, but the one that I'm the most proud of is the one in the snow because just out of the difficulty, but whenever you can end a Super Bowl and your world champions coming off of the coming off your foot, I think that's probably one of the greatest moments as well.
Speaker 2: You've got a Brady story I haven't heard.
Speaker 3: You know, I just I admire him so much.
Speaker 4: You know, obviously we've all seen his draft day photos and and how he started and then how he you know, when he came in when when when Bloodsoe got injured that game, and watching how great of a teammate he was, and how hard he worked to take care of his body and too to how he studied and how he led the team.
Speaker 3: There's just so many.
Speaker 4: Things that when I think of Tom Brady and how and his his greatness, it's I just like I said in my speech, I was so honored that our paths came together and we got to write that story together.
Speaker 3: Obviously I left and and he.
Speaker 4: Uh, he continued on and kept on building that dynasty and his legacy for many many more years.
Speaker 3: But how we all started it together.
Speaker 4: Those those guys on that two thousand and one team, you know, they're just as much my true brothers is my biological genetic brothers, their family like anybody else.
Speaker 2: For sure, my guy Fritzie, who is the one who books the guest he critiqued your Hall of Fame speech, Todd, would you like to say to Adam what you thought of his speech?
Speaker 5: Yeah? My concern is when you're doing anything that's in a roasting fashion, or you're making a joke that may or may not fall flat. That was really basically my only concern as far as the time and place when you're thanking everyone and you're going through your childhood and all the people that came out to see you. So that was my big concern. You don't want your special moment of being inducted into the Hall of Fame ruined because someone may have gotten offended or took something the wrong way when you were just trying to make a joke or say something like that. So that's that was the only point I want.
Speaker 3: To and what I tried to do. I started heartfelt.
Speaker 4: Obviously talked about you know, my family and what they meant to me, come my grassroots from South Dakota and just along the way how I got there.
Speaker 3: And then obviously I wanted to keep the Hall of famers.
Speaker 4: You know, the guys that were sitting on the stage, they always tell us, hey, man, make it short, like don't we don't want to be sleeping up here.
Speaker 3: They give you, you.
Speaker 4: Know, put a little pressure on you, right, So I said, I'm going to make it entertaining. And then the heartfelt part, the hardest part for me is when I was addressing football, I wanted to make it be you're a person, and how do I thank you?
Speaker 2: For it.
Speaker 4: I tried to make it poetic at the end, right, and that was the hardest part for me. Every time I did that, I literally would be wiping tears away from my face.
Speaker 3: And so I wanted it to start sentimental.
Speaker 4: I wanted to make people laugh, and then I wanted to end it with with a bang at the end.
Speaker 3: So hopefully I accomplished that. If if people.
Speaker 4: Got offended or thought it was inappropriate, I apologize to you.
Speaker 2: Guys, butize to anything TODs. Todd's the buzzkill Adam.
Speaker 5: I will add, I'm a huge Bronco fan, so anybody associated with the patriots and cults, you got to understand with the wink.
Speaker 2: Before you say one word, and it's okay. Adam Todd was critical of your speech until he found out we were going to have you on, and then all of a sudden he started to backtrack a little bit on that he was. He was critical of Michael Jordan's Hall of Fame speech as well. Just want to just want to let you know you're in good company there. Congrats, thank you, yeah, and uh, you're a Hall of Famer man.
Speaker 3: Feels wonderful. I never knew Gold looked that good.
Speaker 2: On me.
Speaker 4: I'm definitely tickle Pinck and I just it's still it's it's weird to even say it hasn't one hundred percent sunken in yet, but uh, you know, my class. I couldn't have been more honored listening to their speeches and being around them for the last seven months, just the pros pros. I just got to develop great relationships with those guys, and I'm so happy that I'm going to be able to share that and be part of their class forever.
Speaker 2: Maybe Gronk goes in next year and you'll and Belichick that's right, yeah, good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then obviously Brady the following year. I mean that I would be I mean, that's a that's guarantee you.
Speaker 2: I would have thought you would go in before Belichick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's pretty wild for sure.
Speaker 2: I want to go to Gronk's party the after party, oh me too.
Speaker 4: Hopefully he in bites me. We weren't we weren't. We're obviously both patriots, not all both. But here's the thing, right when you're a gold jacket, you get a bounce around and go to the party.
Speaker 3: So even if he doesn't invite.
Speaker 2: Him anyway, thank you, Adam, thank you, thanks for having me on. Adam Vinit, Terry Hall of Famer, Todd Hall of Famer.
Speaker 6: Adam Arry.
Speaker 5: You have the patriots and cults.
Speaker 2: Okay, you didn't think I was gonna call you out, did you?
Speaker 5: As the interview was going by him like, I think he's gonna maybe give me a reprief air and he's not going to come to it, but we just knuck it in there.
Speaker 6: Yes, Dylan, I thought, as far as backtracks go, that was actually pretty well executed.
Speaker 2: Credit about all the time anyway, But do you want to say someone that can take away from your special day in your in your history of your life. It's like that was great thing.
Speaker 5: He's a Hall famous But why.
Speaker 3: Did you make that comment about Belichick Manning? They got upset about it.
Speaker 2: He talked about how he's going to miss the camaraderie have giving each other grief in the locker room. That's probably last call for him. You're in the bus. You add problems with Michael Jordan's retirement and Hall of Fame speech. I was ready to.
Speaker 5: Critique Adam before he said one word up there because.
Speaker 2: Of New England. And he's still listening though, I'm sure he's got this. He's got this puzzled look there, he's not leaving Todd. He's got one more cold jacket than I have.
Speaker 3: I'm still listening, listening.
Speaker 2: Four rings and a gold jacket.
Speaker 7: God bless him.
Speaker 2: Alrighty, that's Hall of Famer Adam Vin Terry.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show week days at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Wapp that got you here.
Speaker 8: I have a podcast empire. It continues to grow, and I have brought it here to iHeart. I'm also doing a live radio show from three to five pm Eastern because my wife wanted to kick me out of the house. It's called Stu Gotson Company Live, which is available in podcast form right when the show finishes every single day. Some of the biggest names in sports, a lot of phone.
Speaker 4: Calls, I love you guys a show it's one of my favorites.
Speaker 8: A lot of interact shit guys not taking themselves too seriously. Those are just some of the things that you can expect from Stu Gottson Company and ste Gotson Company Live. So listen to Stu Godson Company Live and Ouri original podcast. Please subscribe, rate and review Stu Gotson Company, and God Bless Football. Taylor's livelihood depends on it. You do it today and you can check all of those out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcast or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Cowboys locked up Quinn Williams, yes today, and that's a great move because I think he's a really good player. Sometimes we look at defensive players, defensive linemen and we go, well, how many sacks did he have. That's not what Quinn Williams is all about. That's not what Aaron Donald was about. That's not what Warren Sapp was about. That was just clog the middle, double team and that will help the guys on the edge get to the quarterback. But if you look at the Cowboys defense last year, I mean they were historically bad. Last year. They allowed thirty points per game. They were thirty second in points per game allowed, They were thirtieth in takeaways, they were twenty second in sacks twenty ninth and interceptions twenty third in rushing yards allowed. You had one of the best offenses in the NFL and you had the worst defense. What does that give you? That gives you an average season. The Cowboys with the offense and an average defense, they will be in the playoffs and they will be a force. But you look back on the Micah Parsons deal and Dallas won that deal. I think a lot of times we grade you know, you got a grade. Oh what's the grade for this? It's like grading a draft pick. I got to wait a little while to you know, great a draft pick. Now. I did give the Cowboys an a for Caleb Downs. I love that pick. They went up and they got him, and I think he'll be their defensive captain eventually. But the Cowboys have made some smart moves here. You got to capitalize on this. You know, you got to pick it on that franchise tag. Is he going to be there after this? You're already paying you know, ceedee lamb Dak is getting paid like you are supposed to be really good on offense? Now, can you get the defense to play up to an average level? If they're a top fifteen defense, I think they have a chance to go to the NFC title game. I really believe in the offense that much. But the defense. Defense has got to get off the field, and he got to stop giving up thirty points per game. But you go back to the Micah Parsons deal. And I've said before Jerry Jones could have signed him, you know, six months earlier probably and saved a lot of money and kept him there. But from what I've been told about Micah Parsons, he wasn't a leader and it wasn't a universal. Hey we got to keep this guy. You bring in Quinn Williams, he just does his job, you know, you plug him in, and from what I'm told, he is a leader. He's a clubhouse guy. That's what I'm told. The Caleb Downs, I think you put him in, let him go. He's just one of those guys. Maybe he can be a Troy Poalomalo for them, just somebody that you go make plays. But I think Dallas is making some smart moves.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: The Giants are going to be better with John Harbaugh as their coach. Washington's tricky because here you have a franchise quarterback took you to the NFC title game and you've give it him. Terry McLaurin, Okay, you tried with Deebo Samuel, Now you bringing step On Diggs. Okay. Laromie Tunsell got hurt. I think they might be headed down that road again, where you go man that window of opportunity when you have a rookie quarterback, a young quarterback, and you know that you're not going to be paying him fifty or sixty million dollars yet, but the clock is ticking. As soon as you draft one of those quarterbacks, the clock starts ticking because you have to surround him. You got three years, a three year window. It's like Seattle when Seattle had Russell Wilson. They could keep the defense, they could keep Marshaun Lynch, they could keep wide receivers, they could keep offensive linemen, but the clock was ticking and then all of a sudden, russ is going to get paid and you have to let some defensive players go. But that's the NFL. The window is there in Washington. But are they going to take advantage of it. Stefan Diggs, to me, is not a number one receiver, but he had decent numbers last year for New England. I like Terry McLaurin, But Terry McLaurin is not a guy who's gonna remind you of Tyreek Hill. But he's a really good receiver Jaden Daniels coming off the injury coming back, is he going to play differently?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 2: I think that's tricky. The Eagles they got a new offensive coordinator. Stop me if you've heard that before. How many offensive coordinators has Jalen Hurts had in his college and pro career, because I'm guessing he's probably had seven or eight, which is astounding number. Go back to college. I think he had a new one each year, and I think every year in the NFL he's had a new offensive coordinator. Yeah, Paulie.
Speaker 9: Shockingly, it's out there. Jalen Hurts had Lane Kiffen De Sarkisian, Brian Dabele, and Mike Loxley who shared him in twenty seventeen eighteen, Lincoln Riley at All Oklahoma, then in the pros Doug Peterson, Shane Steichen, Brian Johnson, Kellen Moore, Kevin Bittulo, and now Sean mannitt That's amazing.
Speaker 2: Statam today I brought to you by Banadian American, the official trading cards for the Dan Patrick Show. It would have been easier if you told me who hasn't been his offensive coordinator, PAULI. Yep. Wow, all right, We'll have a Play of the Day coming up. We have a poll question as well. Dylan will do the honors there. We'll talk some college and pro football as well. Eight seven to seven three DP Show email address TP at Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP show. I was curious. I got a hold of DraftKings. I said, who is going to be the defensive rookie of the year. Now, I was going to pick Caleb Downs, but I would be incorrect. Ruben Baine Junior the third is the favorite and his short arms, so when he goes to get the trophy it'll be you know, Bill Laine Beer had short arms. I always remember that they and I had like alligator arms there. But Ruben Bain Junior the third is your favorite. David Bailey, David Bailey. Didn't he do a song with Phil Collins? Oh, Phillip Bailey, Pilip Bailey, Jesus lover Sonny Styles. Sonny Styles was a big deal prior to the draft. It was like, man, he is testing off the charts, He's in he's in DC, He's a commander. Bennett's Caleb Downs and then Rvel Reese no relation to Angel Reese at least I'm not sure. He's probably a better shooter. Offensive rookies of the Year, the best haunts. Now this is surprising. Okay. Does anybody want to guess who is the favorite for the DraftKings Offensive Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 9: Paul weirdly, I think it's gonna be Mendoza.
Speaker 2: All right, Todd, I'm gonna go Love, all right, Dylan, I gonna copy Todd, all right, Jeremiah Love, Marvin make it three for three, okay, Jeremiah Love is the favorite. Second favorite, Fernando Mendoza, Third Carnel Tait, Jordan Tyson, Jendarian Price is my pick, Makai Lemon, and then Carson Beck. Those are your odds for Rookie of the year Offensive Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 9: Yes, Paul, I am so with you on Jadarian Price out of Notre Dame. I'm willing to go pie in the face call my shot, Larry Bird if you want to join me or join you Jendarium Price with the sayawks, Wait.
Speaker 2: You just said Franda Menduza. That was my guess of the odds. Oh not?
Speaker 9: My Price is going to get the ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I like him a lot. That's one of those when they got him, I go man. People might not realize because Jeremiah Love was so great, but they didn't lose much. When he came in the game. He was like, uh damn, that guy's really good. Now, it's not a situation like Thurman Thomas at Oklahoma State and then Barry Sanders was his backup, and Barry Switzer had the famous line of whatever you do, do not hurt Thurman Thomas because we don't want Barry Sanders to come in.
Speaker 6: Yes, Dylan Paul, I'll take that bat. Do I get the field? If you get to Darien Price.
Speaker 9: I'll give you any two other players.
Speaker 6: Any two others, Yep, like this, don't doom. I got to take Jordan Tyson whoa, And I'll take Jeremy loved him well. Arbitry gutsy, really gutsy, all right, Carson Beck, h Carson Bank's gonna get some playing time. Yeah, yes, Marvin.
Speaker 7: It's more like the Arkansas running back duo of Darren McFadden in Felix Jon Saucy.
Speaker 2: That was great. They were sood. They were fun. They were fun. Did both end up with the Cowboys, because I think at different points they did.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think Felix Jones started with the Cowboys. Yeah, and then darreny Fatten ended up with the Cowboys later on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, we'll get some phone calls in here. We'll settle on what is the poll question going to be for the first hour? Deal and at least give us a sampling, A little sampling.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what would you say is more valuable?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 2: Man, hold on, PAULI wants to amend his bet. Uh.
Speaker 9: Oh, I would like to ask for to add to my bet. I'd like to add Carson Beck to my Rookie of the Year picks.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, I'm gonna ask you, Dylan, if you're gonna allow PAULI, who made the big proclamation of who was going to be the rookie of the year and now he wants to bring in Carson back.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Sure, we'll just make up rules on the fly. That's what I'll get. You know what, I'll do that to two to two. I get Jordan Tyson and Jeremiah Love. You get Carson Beck Engedarian Price.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, what else? So we have our poll question? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Uh, well I have one off of our Vinitary interview yesterday. I was thinking about Okay, what's the most stressful position in sports? Not necessarily difficulty or physically demanding, but stressful. So like obviously NFL placekicker very high up that list. I'd say maybe an MLB closer, hockey goalie.
Speaker 2: No, it's a quarterback, but.
Speaker 6: Not like stressful, like that's because of the position so demanding and you need to do a million different things. But like singular moment like this is on the line, is to walk up there kick a field goal?
Speaker 2: Okay, I guess it's a kicker. I mean in baseball, there's so many games you have a blown save, you know, you just have a short memory and then you move on. But with a kicker, you got seventeen games, and you know, it feels like every game comes down to a kick that's made or missed. So you know, I would see a placekicker.
Speaker 6: What if it's like Game seven, World Series, bottom the ninth.
Speaker 2: But you didn't say that. I'm what if it's the super Bowl is on the line, as it has been for Adam vine Terry, Yeah, it's probably pretty stressful. I like that he won two Super Bowls by kicking, but he said that the most important kick or the most impressive kick I don't know how he framed it was you know the tuck game where in the snow in New England and the conditions, and he said, no, that that was the toughest kick I've ever had that got him into the Super Bowl.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Paulie, more stress on the kicker or the holder. The holder can only do it completely right, and we expect him to do it completely right every single time. And you get no credit for Man, that's a nice hold. That was a lovely hold by that guy.
Speaker 2: Well, we will single out somebody if they we do say, oh my god, you know they grab that or that was you know, on the ground or something like that, But normally we don't mention who the holder is or you'll you'll mention the name or but you won't remember the name. Yes, doing what about.
Speaker 6: The guy snapping the ball? You airmail a long snap? No, that seems stressful to me.
Speaker 2: Okay, it comes down to the kicker, it's the bottom line. Yeah, there's a process here. What does it come down to? Because you can have a perfect snap, a perfect hold, and you have a botched kick.
Speaker 6: But if you have a snap that goes over his head, there's no kick to begin with.
Speaker 2: True, thank you doing welcome. Yes. Uh, this is also a.
Speaker 5: Big distinction between physical and mental stress in that situation. That's why I guess he picked the Eraiders game. When you got to deal with the snow and everything, that would be physically more difficult. But if it's in your head, I've got to make this kick.
Speaker 2: The super Bowl is on the line.
Speaker 5: I have a chance to win this game that with this kick, that to me, would be more in your head mentally.
Speaker 2: Thank you to well.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: The Lakers got sold again, and maybe it was an offer that they couldn't refuse. But if you buy it for ten billion ten months ago and you sell it for over twelve billion, I would say that's a nice return. But why are you selling unless it's an offer that you can't refuse. Now you might say, well, hey, he made two billion dollars, okay, and he also owns the Dodgers or majority owner with the Dodgers. But I don't know. It feels like there's billionaires, but billionaires who own sports teams are different.
Speaker 6: Yes, doing Yeah, on paper, it's nothing but a shrewd business decision. I think anyone would sign up for two billion dollars and ten months, But the people don't sell these teams really ever. The fact that kind of what you alluded to before, it's like there might be some other stuff in the water here that may have expedited the sale.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe because I think, wait, you have the article or the report where he's being investigated for fraud but he still owns the Dodgers. We're talking Mark Walter. Yeah, I'll have to put.
Speaker 6: Up the article. But I think the stuff he was being investigated for was largely with that original purchase of the Dodgers. Okay, but there's That's all I know. Off the top.
Speaker 2: The Lakers are being sold to Josh Kushner and Bob Eiger, and it's about twelve and a half billion dollars. Now I know that these guys. You know, there's a lot of people involved in trying to get the expansion franchise in Vegas and they must have been told you're not getting it, and they probably thought, Okay, why don't we make a wild offer here? Can we give Mark Walter an offer he can't refuse. Let's give him two and a half billion dollars more than he paid for now. Once again, I don't have any information on this other than what Ramona Shelburne is reporting. But ten months later, that's a nice turnaround from ten billion to twelve and a half billion.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Paul, I think it's to me, it's kind of the opposite that in some fashion this gentleman must have to sell for whatever legal reasons or whatever, because when you're a billionaire, you aspire there's lots of billionaires you aspire to own the Lakers' that's one of one, and the cachetbling the Lakers is something you actually can buy, and he did. And if they're worth twelve and a half today, they're worth fifteen in six years. So I can't imagine any logical reason to sell the Lakers.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'ven't seen any other reports here, man. I'm sure there'll be something that uh is leaked out as to why this happened. Is this Jared Kushner's dad, Josh Kushner, Yes, Marv, it's his brother, his brother, damn good for him and Bob Iger. He was Disney for a long time. Damn. All right, good for him, Good for them. I'm glad something you know went nice their way, something good happened in their lives. They're able to get the Lakers, yes, Dylan.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's been real tough sledding financially, I think yeah, as of late.
Speaker 2: So Bob Iger, all right? Is Bob Iger married to will Obey? Inside stuff little bit? Yeah looking.
Speaker 9: Yes, Paul, Yeah, you are correct will Obey. I know that might be his biggest accomplishment. Lots of billionaires.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nice that something happened for Bob Iger.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: You run Disney, Mary, will Obey, Now you got the Lakers, caught a break. Yep. I'm happy for him. Yes, Dylan, he ran Disney twice. Actually he left, he brought him back. It's a pizza Wednesday, by the way, and Dylan is handling the menu. If you'd like to run down the pizzas that Billy Chips is making out there.
Speaker 6: We have the potato rosemary bacon pizza. It's a white pie taco pizza, and Todd's famous classic cheese pizza.
Speaker 2: Now, the bacon potato rosemary pizza is famous in New Haven.
Speaker 6: Yes, so Sally's does a rosemary potato rosemary pizza. You could get it with bacon. I think the classic is just like really thin slices of potato mary cheese, all that jazz.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, who is it better than we do? No, buddy? All right. A couple of phone calls which Pole question for the final hour of the program.
Speaker 6: Well, Dan, is Michigan and Ohio State the biggest rivalry in sports today, bart including colle collegiate.
Speaker 2: Professional Yeah, I would think so. I'm gonna take out Army Navy. Okay, I'll take that out because that might stand alone. But yeah, I would think so. Even though Michigan's quarterback didn't sound like it's too big of a rivalry and their head coach didn't sound like it was like a heated, hated rivalry.
Speaker 6: Yes, doing is there anything to I mean, you could throw Auburn Alabama and that maybe just there's there's a different level to it.
Speaker 2: I think being in the SEC, Auburn hasn't been good enough.
Speaker 6: I know, but the Iron Boy, I think that still gets you know, nasty down there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Ohio State and Michigan, I think people outside of Ohio and Michigan care about that. Yeah, and it, you know, more often has national title implications. Auburn and Alabama doesn't. It's been a while, Yes, yeah, Paul, it.
Speaker 9: Does steel a little down on the Auburn side obviously lately. But from in state importance that is, that's three sixty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Did you see what happened yesterday on the internet? There was the photo of the Auburn team for this season, and then the photo of the Alabama team, and the Auburn team is completely in rows and organized and level, and the Alabama team looks kind of choppy. People at Auburn and Alabama spent all day yes day on the Internet saying, look at Alabama's team photo.
Speaker 2: What's going on there at Alabama?
Speaker 9: And it's just the funniest thing on the internet.
Speaker 2: But the rivalries are about the fans, they're not about the players. And I mean, Ryan Day is going to play up Ohio's portion of this. I understand that. But you know, Kyle Whittingham came in and he's like, I don't need to hate him, I just need to beat him. Yes, Marv is.
Speaker 7: Steelers Ravens the best rivalry in professional sports right now. Like whenever you see those two on the schedule. You know, it's going to be a blood bath, so to speak.
Speaker 2: I don't know if nationally it's viewed as a great rivalry. I do know that Mike Tomlin said all the games are kind of the same except for that game, that everybody's faceless, nameless except for this. So I would say, but I don't know if it gets the national coverage of man that rivalry because I don't know if it's played up that way. You know, obviously in those cities, yes it is, but I don't know if it is played up that way. It feels like Green Bay in Chicago might have more of a rivalry that people can identify with. Even when Chicago is down, you know, it still feels like there's a real rivalry there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Marvin, Yeah, I'm gonna have to disagree only because, oh okay, a little pushbacket relaxed. Only because whenever the Steelers face the Ravens, at least one of those games is going to be a primetime game. It's going to be on Sunday Night Football or Monday Night Football.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So I think the implications of that rivalry no matter throw the record out, it's almost like a Duke North Carolina in that same vein. No matter what the record is, the rivalry nationally is going to be an a block segment on Sports Center or FS one or whatever.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, okay, good sports radio. Care. Yeah, I'm not arguing, just giving my opinion. Okay, all right, you're playing the role of you know, McLevin here against the grain here, yeah, mcmartn mcmarvin, Oh okay mcmarvin. Yes, Dylan, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I would definitely throw you NC duke their hat into the ring and you know, collegiate or pro. But I also think Marvin sort of brought it up earlier. Cowboys and just whoever is the other best team in the NFC East at that point in time is usually pretty nationally, I think it's some run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the Cowboys haven't been threatening in thirty years.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 6: That's why it's even crazier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ross Tucker will join us in about ten minutes from now. Chris in California joins us. Hi, Chris, more than how are we doing? Great?
Speaker 10: Hey, congratulations on your daughter's wedding. I'm a dad of three daughters. But real quick, from yesterday I was trying to get in. It threw me off that you were siding with in the Boston game with the scoreboard being wrong and then putting the wrong number outs. We were just always taught in Little league, like you cannot rely on the scoreboard. You need to know when you're on the base path how many outs. You're a professional athlete, that's your job. Like, I just don't understand. I wanted you to kind of help me understand why you were annoyed with the scorekeeper with that.
Speaker 2: No, if you listen to the whole segment, I did say, your first base coach and your third base coach will remind you. They will always remind it's their job to remind you. You're I was kind of having fun with the scoreboard guy. Uh, it's you're a professional baseball player. The number of times the infielders will say one down, one down, two down, two down, and if you're not paying attention, then you're to blame. I'm not you know, saying scoreboard operator is the one who should pay the price here?
Speaker 6: Yes, doing Yeah, I think the main intent of the scoreboard is for when like a fan goes up and gets a beer and comes back, it's like, oh, two outs, you know, like not playing center Field.
Speaker 2: In La Hi, Nate, what do you have for me?
Speaker 1: Mister follow the bride?
Speaker 2: Hi record my wife's Nate, Nate, what do you do? Are you on a ladder?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I have something in the back.
Speaker 11: I'm sorry, I'll call back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've got securior load there. Nate, you're right though. Caleb in Oklahoma, Hi, Caleb for me, answer to the pole question is yes, so a new Hour three poll. I have a suggestion.
Speaker 11: On the eve of this wedding, we spent a lot of time talking about the speech, But who at this wedding could possibly upstate you, kind of like Chip did at your son's wedding when he was dressed in his military garb.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he crushed me. So my son got married and his wife's father's lifer in the military. Oh, and I show up. I got a suit on. I mean I'm I got a suit on for that wedding. And the number of people came up said have you seen Chip? I go no, wait till you see Chip. I'm going all right, what's Chip got? He shows up in his military uniform, he had his sword, had a sword. He cut the wedding cake with his sword. Baller. Oh, Richard Gear an officer and a gentleman, had nothing on Chip that day. He crushed me. I was like, damn, I look pretty good. And even my wife goes, Chip looks very handsome. I go, h, hello, I'm right here. But he had his uniform on and it was crisp, and he did the ceremony. And I don't know how I did it, but you know that you can see the rain is coming and we're all nervous or we're going to be able to get the ceremony in. It was Saint Augustine and you see the rain clowns and here they are, and I think Chip just turned around and basically scared the rain away and it didn't rain on the ceremony until after. Yeah, he gave the clouds of stern look at.
Speaker 6: Yes he did.
Speaker 2: Yes, he just said not today, not in my ceremony. Maybe I show up in my dad's military uniform. That would be stolen Valor I could never fit into my dad's marine uniform. That makes it even better. Who is going to steal my thunder? Well, usually children do. There's no dogs, so I I that would probably be it unless Sandler shows up. Yes, Marvin, will children be there. Yeah, my granddaughter and grandson. Oh yeah, I think they're part of the ceremony, all like flower girl, right, yeah, I have that idea. It could go horribly wrong. Ye normally does. Yes, Yes, I.
Speaker 6: Don't know if you have that bulletin board material out there, Dan Patrick can only be upstaged by children and dogs, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, there's no turning back now. All right, I'm getting on a plane today and and I'm taking a week off after the wedding. I said to my wife, why don't we treat this as a honeymoon hunt, you know, coming up on thirty nine years at the end of the month, the Big three nine, Yeah, thirty nine years. I said, why why don't we do that? Reached out to Buddha in San Francisco, and I said, Buddha, can you help me with some wineries that maybe we could go to? He said, I got you. Maybe go to Pebble Beach, maybe spend a couple of days there, you know, just decompress after an emotional weekend.
Speaker 7: Yes, Marvel, we didn't get the invite to Napa Valley, No, you did. We went to your last anniversary dinner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, but this is a wedding.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I always thought this is like kind of like Entourage. It was you plus four? Oh no, what Todd?
Speaker 5: Would you be more excited or upset if we just crashed the place and here we are we got an invite?
Speaker 2: If you did, Yes, I got it. Yes, I'll talk about more of the other guys.
Speaker 6: Yes, I think we're all just thinking that. You know, like Rich Eisen got an invite and we're sitting right here.
Speaker 2: Well, rich Eisen's so he and his wife were very accommodating to my son and my daughter when they went to USC and had him over for dinner and really looked out for them. And you know, my daughter has stayed in touch with Rich and Susie. In fact, just had lunch with Susie last weekend. So that's why the Isends are invited. Stick it out.
Speaker 6: Still, I can't really compete with that, to be honest,