Speaker 1: This podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Meet Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer Newhartan. Today we're joined by Jannis, Brody, Randall, Max, Laura Cordy and Nate. This is a ten round quiz show with questions from Meat Eater's four verticals, which are hunting, fishing, conservation, and cooking, and there's a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winners. Choosing for the last few stats of the week, we looked at player performance by category in twenty twenty five. As a reminder, Yannis leads in hunting, where he gets eighty percent of questions correct. Brody leads in fishing, where he gets seventy two percent of questions correct. This week we'll look at conservation and he guesses as to who leads the conservation category Randall, Brody, Randal unanimous, Randall and Randall is Brody say that.
Speaker 3: Because you win all the categories here.
Speaker 2: No Hunting. Steve is the fifth best, getting fifty three percent of questions correct. Then it's Nate at fifty six percent. Nate three percent better than Steve. Giannis at fifty eight percent, Brody at sixty seven percent, and Randall at seventy two per cow.
Speaker 1: That's a gap.
Speaker 2: Randall is the most consistent player across categories, with his worst category being sixty eight percent and his best being seventy two. How about that.
Speaker 3: You'd think I win more games? Then what's your worst category?
Speaker 2: It must have been fishing fishing sixty eight percent?
Speaker 4: Does that mean you have like a not even dispersion of categories in the average game.
Speaker 2: Uh, cooking has the least representation.
Speaker 1: In the So like Brody's fishing excellence outweighs.
Speaker 2: Hunting, fishing, conservation are all very equal. Those all have about the same size pool of questions. And then cooking, uh, you know, is probably forty percent.
Speaker 5: I would like to request more cooking questions, Spencer, because I am better at cooking.
Speaker 3: We already used all the good cooking ones.
Speaker 1: Let's just stick to it. I have a great cooking one in.
Speaker 2: The docket this week. We have a foraging end of cooking. Oh, you'll have a chance to different spots. So Randall feel like we're underrepresented then and only twenty percent. Well, there's other besides, like the four tent poles. You know, we have like woodsmanship, gear, wildlife, biology, ecology, natural history.
Speaker 5: So it's now what do you call the the the group of like when you talk about movies.
Speaker 2: We'll have today, Janni and I believe that falls under conservation.
Speaker 6: Great bullshit, but I can't wait to hear it.
Speaker 2: Spencer it for housekeeping. Today we're gonna talk about Turkey Week. We are a couple of days into Turkey Week here at Meat Eater, Joannis tell folks what that's all about.
Speaker 6: I can tell you. Max and I just got back from Texas. We started our turkey season off pretty good.
Speaker 5: We're hearing in the same spot. Are they gobbling good for you?
Speaker 7: Yeah? They definitely were, uh not, I mean on the limb, they definitely were. But it seemed like the first couple of hours was hit or miss.
Speaker 2: So how many dead turkeys between the two of you?
Speaker 6: I shot two?
Speaker 2: Okay, that makes three one and a half week.
Speaker 5: No, we had just Jesse Griffiths and I hosted a sweepstakes hunt for the National Wild Turkey Federation.
Speaker 8: And it seems like.
Speaker 9: You're doing a little more hunting and hosting there and you shot two of them.
Speaker 5: You know, it's funny you're not the first person to say that, brod. No, it just so happened that they the Holly was the gal that won. She brought her husband Zendel with her. They wanted to hunt together, and we figured four was a crew out, and so Jesse took him the first morning. I happened to shoot a bird the first morning, and then I hunted with him the second morning, and Holly shot a bird that day, and so did Jesse, and then Zendel and I doubled damn in the ninth inning on the Technically we're amly supposed to hunt through Thursday evening, but we then didn't have a bird yet, so we went out Friday morning and uh yeah, we.
Speaker 6: Had a heck of a hunt.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll save that for another good turkey season.
Speaker 5: That was awesome, But yeah, Turkey Week is here at Meat Eater. I think the most exciting part about Turkey Week for me is this awesome ultimate Turkey giveaway that our buddy Cody Dinsmore is put together over from first Light. If if you're interested in in uh submitting your name to win this, you need to go to the Meat Eater store.
Speaker 6: It's important to go to the store.
Speaker 5: If you just go to the mediat dot com, it's gonna be kind of hard to find how to get there.
Speaker 6: Go to the store. Sorry, my punt my.
Speaker 2: Brody was making eyes around the room I was looking for I was looking for.
Speaker 6: That was my things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my wife is cussing over text. She's not much of a cause or something else wrong.
Speaker 2: Too much time already probably, But yeah, the Ultimate Turkey uh giveaway.
Speaker 5: Like I said, you can sign up at the store at the mediator dot com. You can also sign up at first Light Logan Dove actually told me there's four different pages where you can sign up, so if you do a little bit of searching, you'll find it. But let me tell you about this Ultimate Turkey give giveaway. Starting off, there's a Texas Rio Grand Turkey Hunt. It's being donated by bird Dog Outfitters. It's in the Hill Country. Three days, three hunters, five tom's total. So not everybody gets to shoot too but too or you could just go by yourself.
Speaker 3: That sounds like last week. Not everybody's shot too exactly.
Speaker 10: I was very fortunate where your ganis pitelis mask and you'll be fine.
Speaker 6: You gotta be in the right place at the right time.
Speaker 5: There are there is a Banelli twelve gauge super black Eagle like gift card, a little combo from Sig Sour which listen, those those image stablized binoculars. They're not great for everything, but you know where they are just absolutely perfect for hunt turkeys.
Speaker 6: They're light.
Speaker 5: You can just get them into a pocket of a turkey vest. Yeah, and just one handed. It's super stable. You can tell exactly how long those spurs are before you shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can.
Speaker 9: You can do a little spencer. You can gauge the trophy quality of yeah Goblin.
Speaker 5: Along with that from Sig there's a Romeo x Pro, whole flock of ds D decoys, a magpull dac A kit. There's some TSS a turkey ammunition from how do you pronounce the company?
Speaker 7: Migra use that four ten stuff and it was like lethal hammered them.
Speaker 5: A whole package of Phelps game calls, a pair of Christie boots, Christy boots, three Moultrie Edge three trail cameras. You know what you can do on those things. Now, they have a smart capture thing. If you turn it on and then you just tell it only take a picture of deer and turkeys, and that is really cut down in all of the squirrel leaf photos that I've got. Yeah, it's pretty slick. I mean it's not perfect, but as doing pretty good. A couple of case knives, FHF bino harness.
Speaker 6: There's still more. He keeps telling that an Onyx.
Speaker 5: Premium Elite membership for a year Mountainknops gift card, it's a lot. It's over thirteen thousand dollars in value for one person to win.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, you could come into this owning zero pieces of turkey gear, win the sweepstakes and you'd be said, you'd.
Speaker 5: Be totally decked out, and you'd be going on a turkey hunt.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, and knocking the old.
Speaker 5: Rio to go with the honest because they'll shoot him right out.
Speaker 2: Now. One of the ways that you can get ten extra entries is for every twenty five dollars you spend it first light, you get those ten extra suit.
Speaker 5: So you can just go here and sign up one time, you get one entry. If you go and spend twenty five bucks, you get ten more. But during Turkey Week it's actually double entries. So April until April fifth, for every twenty five bucks you spend, your name goes in the pot twenty times.
Speaker 2: Wow, Maximus. If you were trying to up your ods and you were gonna drop a little money at first Light for Turkey Week, what would you be buying?
Speaker 11: Number one?
Speaker 7: Tree Line Turkey Vest. Okay, I never used to be a vest Turkey guy. Like I used to keep all the stuff in my pockets and it was all cluttered and unorganized.
Speaker 11: Tree Line Turkey.
Speaker 7: Vest game chain your next couple of things. I'm a big fan of the Brambler Gators. I just don't like my feet getting wet, pants getting wet, so I wear those keep ticks out.
Speaker 2: To any part of the country. You'd be wearing those.
Speaker 7: I warm in Texas, I'll warm up in Montana.
Speaker 11: Everywhere.
Speaker 7: Just helps keep your boots dry and clean and ticks out. And then one thing I think a lot of Turkey hunters sometimes forget and lose is just a net gat too. First like makes the aerowoll net gator. Pick up two or three of those and you'll be set for the season.
Speaker 5: Speaking net gators, I wore the approachitty this week as the built in face mask, and I like that one because it sits off your face. A little bit more than the net gator, so it's not quite as tight, a little bit cooler.
Speaker 2: What are you smarking about something?
Speaker 3: Get a look at these guys.
Speaker 5: Did you cut your little little Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: For my cigarettes, I have to drop my mask down. I don't have my smoke, you know out there.
Speaker 2: You probably don't even have to do it anyway, you can probably still and halt.
Speaker 6: You're right at first, I like to feel the filter between a.
Speaker 9: Standard feature for all the smokers.
Speaker 3: Are you really smoking if you don't feel that paper?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Exactly, exactly So.
Speaker 5: Besides the giveaway a bunch of turkey content on the website.
Speaker 6: I even wrote a couple of articles.
Speaker 5: Tony's got one out there right now says how to figure out how to cut through all the gobbler gibberish, figure out what you really need to know to talk to turkeys, So Tony writes, I think you should.
Speaker 10: Yanni worked really hard on his articles last week. He was sweating it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then Randall put in basically the prompts to AI, which then promptly wrote an article better than the one I had spent a day on.
Speaker 12: But he went with his own screwy it kind of did, because he even prompted that like said it to write it like you're honest, and it did.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, you can get that content at the medieater dot com. You can learn more about the Turkeyweek sweepstakes at store dot the medeater dot com. It's happening right now, all right. The Shelby inext for today is four, so our winners should get eight correct answers and with that we're onto the game.
Speaker 1: That laptop. I need to know what I stand just tend to win everything.
Speaker 2: On Suckers Question one, the topic is wildlife. This first great question is via Zach Johnson and it will be multiple choice. Which of these animals is monogamous? Is it garter snake, bison? Orca or sandhill crane? Which of these animals is monogamous? One of them is? Three of them are not? Is it garter snake, bison? Like this question is ka or sand hill crane? A quick confident room.
Speaker 3: I really like Turkey Week Max. This is a good Max. He's very happy.
Speaker 10: But also I like when Max gets serious about stuff, like when you brought up the shot.
Speaker 3: Max is just like that that kills that kills good. This is a good Max.
Speaker 6: Yeah, deliver.
Speaker 10: If I had to deliver some bad news to Max during I would do it during Turkey Week here.
Speaker 5: I would like to see more Max in front of the camera, as we all would.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 6: So if you're out there.
Speaker 5: In the mediator world and you agree with me right in because we need a little pressure.
Speaker 3: You just you just ruined my happy Max.
Speaker 6: Face just turned.
Speaker 5: I'm not looking at it, but I think I figured out a way to his heart, to get his heart in front of the camera, because he's like, when are we going to go on a hunt and to see Jay Scott in Mexico for Goulds during and I was like, well, Max, as long as you get in front of the camera, you can come along anytime.
Speaker 2: Get which of these animals is monogamous?
Speaker 7: I did a little self filming in Texas, so that's also coming out this Turkey Week.
Speaker 2: Go to Snake, Bison Orca, sand Hill Crane, go ahead and reveal your answers. Nate says sand Hill Crane. Laura and Randall, the whole room says sandal Crane. The whole room got it right. The correct answer is sand Hill Crane.
Speaker 11: Did Shall we get that one right?
Speaker 2: Uh? She did, Yes, she got that one right. Sandal cranes begin breeding at age two or three, but some won't start until they're age four or five. Both parents help with incubating the eggs and raising the chick and raising the chicks. Marriages can last for as long as thirty years. Divorce is very rare, but sometimes it happens if the duo is unable to successfully raise young or.
Speaker 5: Listen, in our happy little valley where I live, the neighbors have been watching this pair, they think the entire time they've lived there, which is almost fifteen years, and the pair has never been able to raise a single cult to what do you call it flighthood to be able to escape predatory. We watch them for like a month, and then eventually there's no no baby babies.
Speaker 2: They're on divorce watch.
Speaker 5: Then maybe yeah, they just got they just came back to town like in the last week, and it's lovely, like when it's a quiet evening and listening to them squawking, it's great.
Speaker 2: It's make or break season for them. Then if they're going to stay together.
Speaker 5: I know I'm going to go to the neighbors and say, look, I think I know how to help this along, but I don't know if they're going to be into like Predator watch, you know.
Speaker 6: But hey, depends on your goals, you know.
Speaker 2: Question two The topic is hunting. This brand calls itself quote America's Master gun Maker and has a logo that features there's a te over top of C. This brand calls itself America's Mastered gun Maker and has a logo that a few more over top. I hope Brody doesn't winn today. What's that nothing? This brand calls itself America's Mastered gun Maker and has a logo that features a te over top a C. If you're watching this on YouTube, you'll notice we are in a new studio, got it figured job?
Speaker 8: Yes, Steve was in here fifteen minutes before we hit record, hanging stuff up, and we're not done. So it looks the walls are a little bit there. Okay, would you call that? You know, it was kind of a mistake to have pretty close to some first slight colors because Randall is almost just sinking into the wall right now. But it's the same shade tarmac.
Speaker 5: I actually like it the way that it's not cluttered like it was, like, well.
Speaker 8: Clutter's better for sound, and it's better for the camera, So so we won't do that.
Speaker 6: Should just do more, It should just be all hides.
Speaker 2: It's America's master gun maker that has a logo that features a T over top of sea. Go ahead and reveal your answers. Nate says Colt Laura without an answer. Randall says Thompson Center. Corey says Thompson to Turkey. Yanni says Thompson Center. Max and Brody say Thompson Center. The correct answer is Thompson Center. Thompson Center.
Speaker 6: Wait, wait, is.
Speaker 2: Not That's only happened? Whoa muscle guy, Thompson Center.
Speaker 1: That's rich.
Speaker 2: From last you guys think Corey should get that point for having your Prince Island muscles or whatever.
Speaker 1: No, oh yeah, I'm just saying, man.
Speaker 2: Now now, Brody, when four out of seven people get it correct, that's like the perfect trivia question. So you thought it was too easy, I did still just right. Thompson Center was founded in nineteen sixty five by Ken Thompson and Warren Center. In nineteen seventy, they created the Hawk and muzzleloader. According to the NRA, the gun was so popular that it helped launch a muzzleloader hunting Revolution in America. Question three of the topic is forging. Burdock is commonly referred to as wild blank because of its elephant ear leaves that resemble this garden perennial. The room is stumped. Burdock is commonly referred to as wild blank because of its elephant ear leaves that resemble this garden perennial. Wow, Brody the only player to put marker to white.
Speaker 1: But look at it.
Speaker 2: But look at what he's doing now that doesn't love what he wrote?
Speaker 11: Who was looking for those?
Speaker 8: For those not watching, Max is rubbing his whiteboard on our podcast table.
Speaker 2: It's the new Felts.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be a favorite among the audio only.
Speaker 2: Listeners Maxwell Podcast Studio call stop it, yeah enough, Max. Burdock is commonly referred to as wild blank because of its elephant ear leaves that resemble this garden perennial. Yanni has now come up with an answer, Yanni, do you like your answer?
Speaker 1: Not really?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 2: Does it have elephant ear leaves? Is it a garden perennial?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay. Burdock is commonly referred to as wild blank because of its elephant ear leaves, resemble this garden perennial, players slowly locking in their answers, but nobody seems to love.
Speaker 9: Oh man. I remember running around the woods, called.
Speaker 2: It which woods back.
Speaker 9: In back in the old days in the neighborhood wouldline the old day woodsy old wood, one wood lot. It seemed like it was a size of Montana.
Speaker 2: Back then. It was probably like two acres burdock. It's commonly referred to as wild Blank because of its elephant ear leaves that resemble this garden perennial. Is everybody ready, Nate, dude.
Speaker 4: I'm I had a big old test this morning, so I'm pretty tired.
Speaker 2: Okay, is everybody ready?
Speaker 10: I had a Sonora hot dog covered in steak about fifteen minutes ago.
Speaker 3: I'm also tired.
Speaker 2: Yanni making a last second change. Yanni is good, Go ahead and reveal your answers. Nate says tulip. Hey yeah, without an answer, Randall says rubarb. Corey says tulip, Yanni says parsnip, Max says onions. Brody says rubarb. The correct answer is rubarb. Brody and Randall got that one right, Although Burdock looks like rhubarb, it doesn't taste like it. The flavor of its edible taproot is described as nutty or earthy, often compared to celery or artichoke. Ideally, it's harvested before flowering in its first or second year of growth. It's found across the continent, growing in disturbed areas like pastures, parks, and ditches. There's a canal that runs by my neighborhood that has a prolific amount of burdock in a harvest sum this year. I think we should call it dish rubarb. Ditch rubarb, that's good, ditch barb. Question four, the topic is fishing. What is the color of a boat's starboard sidelight?
Speaker 9: It's either one or two.
Speaker 2: What is the color of a boat's starboard sidelight? A lot of quick answers. Do you have this one right, Captain Randall? Yes, we're gonna have to take away your captain's you're expired to inspire long inspired if you don't get this one on your wallet.
Speaker 3: Uh No, it's actually it's a like a passport book.
Speaker 2: Corey, Do you have this one right? Fifty fifty? Okay, We're going to take away your expired fishing guide license. Oh, no, you don't need to know this crap on to row a boat down the river? Brody, do you have this? One's nice to which that?
Speaker 9: But what if it's just out at night enough to like headline?
Speaker 3: You don't know if the boat's coming.
Speaker 2: Colored of a boat's starboard side light.
Speaker 9: You should technically be using.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm I wonder if we should technically be using light?
Speaker 8: Is this something you should be saying on Mike? But you can hear you.
Speaker 6: Get wrong?
Speaker 2: Question for you're gonna need to bleep that topic is fishing? What is the color of a boat's starboard side light? Maxwell? You ready?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 9: How many colors could there possibly be? I'm trying to feel.
Speaker 8: At least three?
Speaker 2: Ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. Nate says green, Laura says red, Randall says green, Cory Red Yannie Green, Max? What did you green? Okay, Brody, Red, Red Port return The correct answer is green. Oh, I think half the room got that one right. When standing inside of a boat and looking forward, the port side is on your left, The left light is red, The starboard side is on your right, The right side is green. Each color is supposed to form a one hundred and twelve degree arc of light that's visible to approaching vessels, and Phil has a diagram for us of the different lights that you would see.
Speaker 9: Running lights is just a good way to get caught doing something you're not supposed.
Speaker 6: To be done.
Speaker 2: Still recording good advice from Brody. Question five, the topic is conservation. This is our listener question of the week, which was won by Nate Murphy for sending this great question. Nate is going to get a board game signed by the crew. If you want a chance to win the Listener Question of the Week, then send your question to Trivia at the Meat Eater dot com. In fisheries management, what does the acronym why oh why stand for? That indicates a fish is a juvenile? In fisheries management, what does the acronym y O why stand for? That indicates a fish is a juvenile? Brody and Nate quick to answer, Nate, do you have this one right? No?
Speaker 1: I mean maybe I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, you just wanted to get it over with, Yeah, get it off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotta go put on an ordiot.
Speaker 2: It's kind of mailed this one in starting.
Speaker 11: Nate four, thank you, You're.
Speaker 2: Just like, yeah, it's Turkey week.
Speaker 6: Nate, Come dude, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: Tests over.
Speaker 4: I'm just tired, drained. What kind of test was this PMP exam? Let me give a p S A to all the people on Reddit.
Speaker 1: It's not that hard.
Speaker 6: Why so tired?
Speaker 1: Well, taking the test is draining, but the prep for it.
Speaker 4: People are like, oh, I studied for four months hours every day.
Speaker 6: Was just reddit.
Speaker 1: That Matt is.
Speaker 4: It's like, uh, you know how you when you're in high school you take like the S A T or the A C T to get in college. This is like a test army nerds take when they're getting out of the army to get a job.
Speaker 2: But I just waited a project manage profession.
Speaker 6: That's the one to get a job with the army.
Speaker 4: No, no like to because you don't have like a real resume coming out of the army. So guys are like, what do I put on my resume? You take this random test and hopefully it does something.
Speaker 3: Nate, you have a job.
Speaker 10: That's a great point, Randall, why around here?
Speaker 1: I am? Well, that's the thing, is I am. But we'll talk about it offline.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm just giving you a hard time.
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 2: What does the acronym why O why.
Speaker 6: A little disappointed? Don't you can't write it down?
Speaker 2: That was kind of mean, Yanni. Yanni showed the right answer to Max. Everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. Nate says young of year, Laura says year over year, Randall Young of the year, Cory year over year, Yanni Young of the year, Max, year of year, Ling Brody Young of the year. The correct answer is young of the year.
Speaker 6: Should let's go.
Speaker 2: Young of the year is a catch all term that refers to fish that are in their first year of life. Biologists do y O y surveys during the spring and summer to assess the success or failure of that spawning cycle. This data is collected for both saltwater and freshwater fish and can impact regulations fail We're halfway through the game of trivia. Give us a scoreboard update here.
Speaker 8: At halftime, We've got Corey and Laura on the board with one point apiece.
Speaker 6: Randall, Nate Max are tied.
Speaker 8: Up with three. Jannasimbrody have four points each and in first place with a perfect game. Yes that's right, it's doctor Randall Williams.
Speaker 2: A Turkey week perfect game. Could it be?
Speaker 6: Yeah, the second half it's always tough. Randal.
Speaker 2: Question six the topic I've been.
Speaker 3: Starting out pretty slowly in the past few weeks, so.
Speaker 2: This did as well. Question six the topic is ecology. This next great question is Via J. Rose. Cultivate and propagate are synonyms for this nine letter word that's defined as quote to cause a seed to start growing. Cultivate and propagate our synonyms for this nine letter word that's defined as to cause a seed to start growing. What was that wow about?
Speaker 11: I'm actually just spelling and.
Speaker 2: Are you impressed with yourself here?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, Max, nine letters.
Speaker 11: Usually it's like one or two.
Speaker 8: More and one or two less.
Speaker 2: We'll give yourself an extra point for that.
Speaker 9: Max was just hoping for seven to eleven letters and the.
Speaker 2: Perfect game for random.
Speaker 6: Hanging in Jeopardy.
Speaker 10: No faces, no look at my face, getting around, I feel it getting read well.
Speaker 9: I should probably wrap this one up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it stands out nicely against our new paint job in here. Cultivate and propagate our synonyms for this nine letter word that's defined ass to cause a seed to start growing.
Speaker 9: I felt like one as you hear Young of the Year, a lot o bird.
Speaker 2: We have six players who like their answer, and then Randall, No, yeah, Corey, you have this one right. Maybe you're gonna hate me.
Speaker 9: Quit flashing that thing around.
Speaker 2: Man Magis is so proud.
Speaker 1: He's just.
Speaker 2: With his correct answer of the window. Wow, that could all knock something new in here. We'll give Randy a few more seconds cultivating.
Speaker 9: O sure, just give him all the time for.
Speaker 2: This nine letter word that's defined as to cause a seed to start growing.
Speaker 7: He's like a tom's head when it changes colors.
Speaker 6: We're beyond red.
Speaker 9: We're entering the white color.
Speaker 2: To the rank colora. Oh god, Randall, do you give up right before his head explodes before Max shoots him.
Speaker 11: Start growing?
Speaker 2: Randall, mm hm, you give up. He's a good guy, you guys nice hey, don't show him or he's getting a little loose with the whiteboard over there, go ahead and reveal your Oh God, says germinate besides random, The correct answer is germinate. Germination is the process where a seed wakes up from dormancy and sprouts into a new plant. This is triggered by water, oxygen, and temperature. Typically, when a seed germinates, it begins to swell, then it ruptures, then a root emerges, then a shoot emerges.
Speaker 11: He's pulling out his phone.
Speaker 2: What are you looking for?
Speaker 3: Am I cultivated?
Speaker 6: Propagate?
Speaker 3: I understand? Is like I cultivated this?
Speaker 10: Okay, if you were to look at it, see if a seed germinates, are you saying that seed cultivated?
Speaker 2: But a synonym is not necessarily an exact matching definition. It's just like that.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what it is.
Speaker 11: This like the source, what it is phil something similar?
Speaker 3: What are we talking about here?
Speaker 8: I would agree with you, but I'm not a scholar.
Speaker 2: This is this is If you go to like the source dot com, it will give you like fifteen you know, examples of synonyms for Germany.
Speaker 8: A word or phrase that means exactly or nearly the same as another word.
Speaker 6: That's not the same nearly.
Speaker 13: So when you say Germany, it talks about what it talks about a seed growing, cultivate to prepare or prepare for the use of raising of crops, to foster the growth, of fostering the growth of something isn't the same as something growing.
Speaker 2: Listen, those those are both end this episode.
Speaker 8: Now you're going to get destroyed, I think, because you're going to get destroyed does have a point, Phil has.
Speaker 6: But to Germany a seed is to what do you cultivate a seed?
Speaker 9: Propagate?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 6: Definitely you are Germany.
Speaker 1: The seed is germinating.
Speaker 3: Are you germinating a seed?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What this is?
Speaker 3: These are verbs?
Speaker 10: What is he doing?
Speaker 3: Germinating? The seed does not cultivate any Your seed does not propagated.
Speaker 11: You're doing that yourself.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm talking about. Baseball's fly when you hit them.
Speaker 2: I am I hit the ball.
Speaker 3: The ball flies when you cultivate something.
Speaker 6: Germany Brown.
Speaker 2: Do we respect Merriam Webster in this room? I would say yes we do. They list both of those as synonyms. Maria germanyting horseship.
Speaker 9: Question careful after this game, as though Spencer, I feel like he's gonna find you and kick you right now.
Speaker 10: Synonyms synonyms for cultivate are promote, nurture, foster.
Speaker 2: Nourish German again Mariam Webster well cultivated.
Speaker 4: One way street or two because he says they're synonyms for his word, not necessarily the other way.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But do you understand what I'm saying here?
Speaker 2: Subject the other six players got it right?
Speaker 10: If you use the word in the sentence, you can't have the same subject, then it's not a synonym.
Speaker 2: Question seven.
Speaker 6: Phil knows I'm correct.
Speaker 10: That's why I wrote down gardening because cultivating is more like gardening than it is Germany. I can garden, I can cultivate, Webster.
Speaker 2: This is insane.
Speaker 3: You're insane right now.
Speaker 6: I actually think this.
Speaker 10: Is the most intellectually bankrupt question and answer you've ever asked on this show.
Speaker 6: That that was just dumb shot fire, this is wild.
Speaker 2: I think Randall still has a nice lead going into question seven.
Speaker 6: Do you think.
Speaker 10: The lead?
Speaker 1: Yes? I do.
Speaker 3: There's an alternate definition for Germany.
Speaker 2: Uh oh, let's hear it.
Speaker 1: No, I still don't.
Speaker 2: It turns out he agrees with himself on this one. Question seven, the topic is conservation.
Speaker 10: You know what I'm saying, quit, I was thinking of agriculture. I was thinking of gardening farming, because cultivating and propagating are things you do.
Speaker 1: Two seeds and walked out.
Speaker 3: Let's just keep going.
Speaker 2: I mean, what a specific definition to cause a seed to start growing? Wow? Question seven, the topic is conservation. This TV secret agent who worked cases saving wolves, golden eagles, and black rhinos. Resourcefulness and mullet.
Speaker 6: No, we're picking up after we write down answers.
Speaker 2: This TV seeds see who worked cases saving wolves, golden eagles and black rhinos, is best known for his resourcefulness and mullet.
Speaker 1: I think, but now that again, I'm kind of questioning.
Speaker 2: Brody and Nate both have an answer. What would you like to discuss on that last one?
Speaker 6: Yanny, Well, I need to write down an answer.
Speaker 9: I'd like to discuss the definition of a mullet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, and secret agent?
Speaker 2: This TV secret Agent. I don't know if I have the right any worked cases saving wolves, golden eagles, and black rhinos. Is best known for his resourcefulness and mullet.
Speaker 9: I I don't think he was a secret agent.
Speaker 3: A secret agent, I don't care.
Speaker 11: The first thing I thought of.
Speaker 1: I'm sat first.
Speaker 2: I like your answer, Brody, do you have this one right?
Speaker 6: The first thing?
Speaker 1: Fire throwing off Brody the only.
Speaker 2: Player who likes his answer.
Speaker 11: I like Nate's answer.
Speaker 2: M hm.
Speaker 1: Do you see Brodie's answer? I don't want to.
Speaker 9: I'm not going to show anyone my answer, all right, I feel like.
Speaker 8: To me, you know what.
Speaker 6: He says the definition is? I know, I know the seed to grow definition.
Speaker 9: You are germinating the seed detail make your answer wrong.
Speaker 6: I know you are causing the seed.
Speaker 9: Erminating key detail unless men are like really.
Speaker 1: Question, unless this flavor town things.
Speaker 5: But I think you can maybe be applied both ways if I'm proper all.
Speaker 2: Right, you guys are still arguing.
Speaker 6: I think that the seed can't cultivate itself. That's what I'm saying. Germinate itself. That's what I'm saying. But that's my whole argument.
Speaker 5: But I'm saying that you can germinate the seed, and the seed can germinate itself, and you can also.
Speaker 3: I can germinate a seed.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's all.
Speaker 10: That's all he says in this question to cause My argument is that we're if we're using his question as the German.
Speaker 9: Got a question like this in a long.
Speaker 2: Time, and it was what is six divided by seven? It was like a ninety percenter for the room.
Speaker 10: Yeah, if the question had said here's where I think the question. If the question has said like this nine letter word, uh, it's a synonym with.
Speaker 3: With sprout or whatever.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 9: But I've turned over a new leaf. I don't argue about questions anymore.
Speaker 1: Since this.
Speaker 2: Again, question seven this TV secret agent who in cases saving wolves, golden eagles, and black rhinos, is best known for his resourcefulness and mullet. It's everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. Nate says a spener, Uh, Laura without an answer? Randall says mcguiver, Corey Ace Ventura, Yanni mcguiver, Max, Joe Dirt, Brody mcguiver, The correct answer is mcguy. I almost wrote down mcgruber, but then I realized that she was too embarrassed to show the answer.
Speaker 3: A pet detective didn't figure right.
Speaker 5: And I honestly, he's been so long since seen mcguiver.
Speaker 6: I didn't know that he was a special agent.
Speaker 2: Did weapon They give Laura that point?
Speaker 1: Phil the point, Yeah, Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 2: Mcguiver ran from nineteen eighty five to nineteen ninety two and got a reboot in twenty sixteen. He is a secret agent who uses unconventional tools for genius level problem solving. Mcguiver refuses to carry a gun, instead arming himself with a Swiss Army knife, duct tape, matches, paper clips, and chewing gum. At an unspecified point in the series, he becomes a vegetarian and starts working cases that involve in dangered species. Here is a trailer for episode nineteen from season three, where mcgiver reunites with an ex girl from a guy is a park ranger. They spend the episode battling grizzly poachers and rekindling their flame. Play it, Phil.
Speaker 5: You didn't just expect to fly back into my life after three years, did you?
Speaker 1: We might have been on this trail since we came through a ranger dragon.
Speaker 2: You and I closed the book a long time ago.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't have come at all if you told me about Sam.
Speaker 6: Do you mind telling me what you're doing here park Services?
Speaker 3: Oh, we're getting out of here together.
Speaker 6: You shot the ranger in?
Speaker 5: What do you mean around it?
Speaker 1: Would you say if I made it a little longer, I'd say you had your chance once.
Speaker 6: At least let me help.
Speaker 1: But we're gonna have to get moving.
Speaker 5: Cree go on, shoot, you're gonna hang me out and dry anyway, go in, and.
Speaker 13: We finished your boat that time.
Speaker 2: I never seen it, No, Brodie, Yannie. Did you boys watch mcgiver when it was Oh, I'm sure I watched it a handful of times.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, oh yeah?
Speaker 10: Did you love mcgiver yeah, it's darker than I I don't remember I know that or is that from no?
Speaker 2: That was like that was in season three, episode nineteen, so that must have been like nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 9: I don't remember, right my years Wildlife Saviors four you were born?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean his resourcefulness, right, that's what that's what everybody loves.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you could like create a like, oh you're mcgivery and something. Oh, now you know, I never knew it was an actual show.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you would consider that a mullet.
Speaker 2: It's just like a feathery mullet. Yeah, I got a mullet. That's good.
Speaker 3: It seems like it would be add for sneaking around.
Speaker 2: What was the spoof of my guy from mcgroober Ruber that SNL still does?
Speaker 9: They still do it.
Speaker 2: I think they pulled it. Who's the Who's the one?
Speaker 6: He's not the show for a while, but they they just came.
Speaker 8: They did like a surprise what they did on a few episodes ago with Will four days like a guest star. It was pretty fun.
Speaker 2: Question eight. The topic is woodsmanship. This planet, which is the fourth brightest planet in our night sky, is seen in retrograde multiple times each year. Fourth brightest, fourth brightest. This planet, which is the fourth brightest planet in our sky, is seen in retrograde multiple times each year.
Speaker 9: Wish I knew what that meant.
Speaker 2: We can talk about it in the flavor text.
Speaker 1: I won't. I'm not thinking any hints.
Speaker 2: Nate very quick to answer.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: The side of the table with Brody, Max, Yanni, and Corey. He's crossing some stuff out erasing Yanni, do you have this one right? I don't know. Okay, we'll get a scoreboard update.
Speaker 5: I'm writing down a planet that I feel like I've seen a few times over the years.
Speaker 2: Build the engineer after this. This planet, which is the fourth brightest planet in our night sky, is seen in retrograde multiple times each year.
Speaker 8: Corey's got a whole solar system on his board.
Speaker 2: Max point out he has one nine chance includes the ninth planet.
Speaker 9: No, he doesn't know, because there's not nine planets.
Speaker 2: Well, he's not sure which one.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It ain't the Earth.
Speaker 2: This planet, which is the fourth brightest planet in our night sky, is seen in retrograde multiple times each year.
Speaker 5: Unless retrograde is somehow like a mirroring and he is talking about.
Speaker 2: Or could it be, Laura, do you have.
Speaker 6: The right question?
Speaker 5: Maybe?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's the definition of retrograde?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Sorry about the.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think it was one episode ago. Apology.
Speaker 2: We could just schedule in a new segment up top. That's a random apology.
Speaker 5: If I was you, Phil, I would already start working on the new intro for Trivia and kind of rework what we.
Speaker 6: Just saw there into into that that.
Speaker 3: That I just thought I was right.
Speaker 6: I thought, dude, that seems like a great And you guys.
Speaker 3: Were all making fun of my appearance during the question. Remember that you guys were all making fun of how my face looks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and he just struck.
Speaker 3: A nerve with me.
Speaker 11: You know, I'm sorry I made funny Randall.
Speaker 3: No, that was actually very funny.
Speaker 2: Max.
Speaker 3: That's kind of Max.
Speaker 2: I'm hoping for it often the whole thing, actually, believe it or not.
Speaker 6: Didn't you have to recently.
Speaker 9: Read an apology?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that wasn't because of an outburst. That was because that was in a bad mood.
Speaker 9: The different in a.
Speaker 6: Great mood today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was having a perfect game until then.
Speaker 2: And reveal your answers, Nate says Mercury. Laura Mercury, Randal, Mercury, Corey, Venus, Yanni, Saturn, Max, Neptune, Brody, Venus. The correct answer is Mercury.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Mercury is the fourth brightest planet after Venus, Jupiter, and Mars. You're able to see it with your naked eye around sunrise and sunset with it hovering close to the horizon. Retrograde is an optical illusion that makes it appear as though the planet is moving backwards. This phenomenon happens for a few weeks about every four months. Despite no scientific evidence, some believe that mercury and retrograde causes animals to have a chaotic period where they're extra anxious and territorial. I feel like you'll hear about pet owners saying that it must be.
Speaker 5: Not like, don't cover retro grade. I meant the druries. I mean that's got no facts the movement, just as much as I.
Speaker 9: Find that gobblers are much but they got way more.
Speaker 3: During I think that's more of an astrology thing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, dude, if you have like some astrology people, oh yeah, their way into that.
Speaker 2: They know it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, They're like I knew something was happening in my life and then I realized it was mercury, mercury and retrog I.
Speaker 4: Got this right because like my mom used to say this to justify like her doing crazy stuff.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I wonder if Randall's outburst a time.
Speaker 2: While Bill gives us the scoreboard update, we have two questions left.
Speaker 3: Every two weeks or every week.
Speaker 8: Sometimes Corey is in the last place with two points, Laura and Max have four, Nate has five, Joannis and Birdie have six, and Randall Williams pulled back ahead. He's in first place with seven points after that last question.
Speaker 2: So we have three retrogrades this year February twenty six to March twentieth, so we just missed that window. The next one is June twenty ninth to July twenty three, and then October twenty four to November thirteenth.
Speaker 10: Oh my previous My previous outburst was during retrograde. Oh wow wow, that was March thirteenth, Friday thirteenth.
Speaker 9: This one.
Speaker 2: But we're gonna have an article on the mediater dot com this year about how murky and retrograde affects the white tail run. Here's question nine. The topic is cooking. This nine letter word is defined as quote the empty space between the top of the food or liquid and the underside of the canning lid.
Speaker 6: Jeez, don't know this one, Laura.
Speaker 2: This nine letter word is defined as the empty space between the top of the food or liquid and the underside of the canning lid. Brody very confidently put his board down.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, so confident.
Speaker 2: The one question of the seven players, what are you drawing their max?
Speaker 11: Hopefully it comes up with a nine letter word.
Speaker 2: This nine letter word is defined as the empty space between the top of the food or liquid and the underside of the canning lid. We'll get another scoreboard update after this. Find out where we stand going into question ten.
Speaker 9: What you got in the can there?
Speaker 11: Max, No, it doesn't look.
Speaker 2: Like it's chunky.
Speaker 11: For that, it's long and stringy.
Speaker 2: Maybe doodles sparagus would be good. This nine letter word is defined as the empty space between the top of the food or liquid and the under side of the canning lid.
Speaker 3: What a question.
Speaker 11: I was going to come up with some scientific name, and then what a scientific word?
Speaker 6: And I know this is this is my cooking bone.
Speaker 9: There's a time to be honest. It was a big canner too. He's making canned deer meat all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you should have this.
Speaker 6: I don't think I've ever heard a name for this. Ready, m.
Speaker 2: Brody's probably said it to you in the kitchen.
Speaker 11: I made it to the shelby in deck, so I'm happy.
Speaker 2: On Turkey Week, I could be way off Spencer. Anyone else like that?
Speaker 9: No, you've You've drawn it very well there.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: This nine letter word is defined as the empty space between the top of the food or liquid and the underside of the canning lid. Is everybody ready?
Speaker 6: You're right?
Speaker 2: This is question nine? Nine letter word for question nine? Yanni, huh, go ahead and reveal your answers. Nate says negatives. Laura says what's that say? Laura Niscus, Randall says vapor, Corey says empty air, n He says uncanned. Max drew us can, and Brody says headspace. Brody got it. The correct answer is headspace. If you don't leave enough headspace when canning, you risk liquid seeping through the lid and preventing a good seal. Some general guidelines are to leave a quarter inch of headspace for jellies and jams, a half inch for tomato products. And one inch for meat the.
Speaker 1: Relation to gun headspace there should you gotten?
Speaker 6: Not really? But had he connected the two somehow?
Speaker 3: I did think about head like like like like on a beer. Yeah, here's a correct.
Speaker 2: Answer review so far. I made a joke one with Sandel Crane to Thompson sent three bluebarb four Green five Yo Wi is Young of Year six, German eight seven, Geiver eight, Mercury nine headspace Phil scoreboard update.
Speaker 8: It is down to Jannis. He's still in the game with six points, but Randall and Brony are tied up in first with seven.
Speaker 2: Question ten the topic is fishing. This next right question is via Kyle Lukes. The Salish Sea consists of the Strait of Georgia, the Strait of Juan de Fuca, and the blank, blank.
Speaker 8: Bean bag.
Speaker 2: The Saaless Sea consists of the Strait of Georgia, the Strait of Wan de Fuca, and the blank blank Randall. Do you have this one right?
Speaker 1: I do?
Speaker 2: When Brody has a blank whiteboard.
Speaker 11: I'm feeling pretty good about my answer.
Speaker 2: Okay, Max is going to beat the Shelby index. You saw it, Dannie, who's one point behind. We need to get this right with Brody and Randall to get it wrong to go to overtime for Randall likes his answer, screw it up, Randall, How confident.
Speaker 1: Or you have this?
Speaker 3: Probably ninety seven?
Speaker 2: The Sailess Sea consists of the Strait of Georgia, the Strait of Wande Fuca, and the blank blank.
Speaker 11: I don't feel confident anymore.
Speaker 3: You're on the wrong continent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am doing Oh, Brody, still, you're right?
Speaker 6: Max?
Speaker 1: Oh, I just want this so bad.
Speaker 2: Corey, do you have this one right?
Speaker 3: It's all I want for Turkey Week. I got a body of water written down. I don't think I'm eligible for the Giant Sweepstakes.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 6: I asked Logan Dove and we said you can play, but you can't win.
Speaker 1: I was ready to spend all my money.
Speaker 10: On its invests and neck gators.
Speaker 2: The Sailess Sea consists of the Straight of Us at least the straight of one day Fuka and the blank blank Nate, do you have this one right?
Speaker 1: No? I think I'm in the right part of the world, but may be.
Speaker 2: The only one to get this one.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 9: No, I really hope I got it. I don't have an answer.
Speaker 1: Do you give up?
Speaker 6: Brody?
Speaker 2: Go ahead and reveal your answers. Nate says Baltic Sea, Laura without an answer, Randall says Puget Sound. Corey says Indian Ocean Yanni without an answer. Max says Nile River Brody with out an answer. Randall got it. Answer is the Pugeit Sound. She wins the game.
Speaker 1: What a dramatic victory from Georgia.
Speaker 2: Eight correct answers.
Speaker 9: In front of Puget Sound threw me off. You know, if I was going to argue about something, that's what I would argue about. Nobody said that now.
Speaker 2: The name Saliss Sea was formally established in two thousand and nine by the US Board of Geographic Names. It is a six thousand, five hundred square mile international water body that stretches from British Columbia to Washington. The Puget Sound refers to only the southernmost water that is often associated with Seattle. Phil has a map there to show you where the Strait of Georgia, straight of Wande Fuca and Puget Sound all fall.
Speaker 9: Where does it say Puget Sound on that map.
Speaker 2: Well, it doesn't say the Saless or the Strait of Georgia.
Speaker 3: Isn't say the Olympic Peninsula, the Strait.
Speaker 2: Of Wande Fuca either all right, Randall eight correct answers the Turkey Week victory. What are you gonna do with that five hundred dollars?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 10: Man, that's it's tough because I want to give it to conservation groups that I respect, but I also don't think anybody would want to be associated with my behavior from this episode. So let's donate this to the National Fish Habitat Partnership.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a new one. Okay. Are they gonna Are they gonna put a stamp of approval?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: We'll have to reach out to our friends there.
Speaker 2: What do you like about them?
Speaker 10: They just do a lot of habitat work all across the country. It's it's like an umbrella organization that that fosters partnerships for improving and restoring fish habitat.
Speaker 2: Okay, they probably save a lot of wyle live fish. Give you guys in the future, join us next week.
Speaker 5: They random Thank you.
Speaker 1: Spencer, suck it Duke.
Speaker 14: Yes, Spencer from South Dakota. He's the host, using those smooth, mellow tones. He lays THEMN questions down and he likes taking those two and three year old bucks, and he's an avid amateur
Speaker 9: Lock