Speaker 1: You are listening to the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show. Hey, catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and.
Speaker 2: Archived on YouTube.
Speaker 1: And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgess Show on Blaze TV.
Speaker 2: Thanks for watching and listening, and be sure.
Speaker 1: To follow us on social media for more from the whole gang at the Rick Burgess Show. And here we go, And it's a brand new hour on a brand new day. Hey be America, it's a brand new show. Buffal up, America, The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 2: Show is on the air.
Speaker 1: The gangs you heard from, the great ken osburn all here today Speedy, Greg Burgess Adler.
Speaker 2: Fox seats.
Speaker 1: We'll fill up again later today. Another Burgess ball battle coming your way. And that old wheel of bundles, bits and bunks. Hey baby, she's hot and the cash is flowing.
Speaker 2: Well another.
Speaker 1: Listener leave with some sweet cash today.
Speaker 3: Let's all know who's ready for a new show.
Speaker 2: Come on, America, somebody screaming back, I'm ready. So there they are.
Speaker 1: Testing one too for spinning Greg and Adler as we start a brand new hour.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, hey boys, look it looks like we you guys got a little.
Speaker 2: Sun on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wait out there, we're out about Yeah, I got out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you follow some of us, some of us on social media, you saw some shots from yesterday's filming. Of course, it's not film shooting. The next episode or two of Tales from the camp House. We will not be giving away what happens. We will discuss some of the environment. One socially awkward thing that happened that I'm sure Speedy if he couldn't get out of his mind, probably didn't sleep. But a little breakdown and communication there, but disliked a couple of them. For me yesterday, I was a big I had two strikes yesterday on communication and one of them, though I think I'm not as guilty of the other.
Speaker 2: We'd already heard of the other. Somebody this one. And you know what, you know what, that's fair, That is fair. Uh.
Speaker 1: You know, where there's smoke, there's far so so anyway, so we'll give you some basic, you know, things that happened and what we all went through. But ultimately, if you want to see how the the Burgess Bass battle went and who walked away the winner, you'll have to wait for the episode Tails from the camp house and were there's gonna.
Speaker 2: Be a lot.
Speaker 1: I believe the first two, you know, definitely stand tall there out there on our YouTube channel. This one is going to be we went we went more high budget on this, uh, these next couple of episodes, bringing in multiple cameras, multiple mics. Even at one point we had a drone, so so a little a little more production. So we're trying to always take things to the next level. Adler, I noticed you're wearing a hat today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm I'm gaulded and just get burnt to a crisp.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: I gotta I gotta be honest right off the bat.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was surprised.
Speaker 3: By how long the fishing Okay, what was planned to be? Yeah, as we were riding out across the pasture and I had made the decision to put on a tank top. That was before I made that decision, before.
Speaker 2: I found out, I thought how long the tournament would go?
Speaker 3: How long the tournament would go?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Who else was surprised? Were y'all surprised?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: I thought y'all weren't surprised.
Speaker 2: I was actually thought it was a little short.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, I thought thirty Max. I thought forty an hour max.
Speaker 1: You know, if you do a real bash tournament, it's like all the it's it's all day, half a day.
Speaker 3: At least this felt real to me.
Speaker 6: Dang it.
Speaker 1: This was This was a pawn tournament and we we we The time we chose was two hours.
Speaker 3: Hey, it was a good time.
Speaker 2: Did y'all know that?
Speaker 3: Did y'all? Did y'all expect y'all expected.
Speaker 2: That we did? I was floored. Really, you're going to be thirty minutes max?
Speaker 3: An hour forty five?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's I had a great time, real sunburned.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. Let's say this too. It was a lot warmer than you know.
Speaker 3: Okay, that was another thing. The clouds broke. Right, we get out there and the clouds broke. That hurt me a lot. You look good, Yeah, thanks buddy, So did everybody on Instagram thought the same thing.
Speaker 2: Off, my goodness, I mean you were cut.
Speaker 3: I got destroyed in the comments. Horrible. You don't read the comments, sensitive, don't read them. I already read them, so yeah, I know better than bad starts of the morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is uh fine.
Speaker 1: This is a picture of us getting miked up and getting ready to go they kept a.
Speaker 2: Mic on everybody the entire time. I forgot.
Speaker 1: I totally forgot. I don't know about it. I don't know if that was great. Deleted a lot of that.
Speaker 2: I told it was fun.
Speaker 1: I told producer Young Broderick, you know, run this stuff by me now, Yeah, not everything.
Speaker 3: Not everything is right on YouTube, right. So wow, he did a great job, great great team out there working with him, and.
Speaker 2: It was it was really fun. Okay.
Speaker 1: We found out at the end when we had the meal that part of his team Spencer, who we did now identify as the person who took my HDM my cord.
Speaker 2: That's what Rick had to get a job done right.
Speaker 1: The last time they shot something there, h Spencer will eat.
Speaker 2: And Spencer that's the back of yeah mouth is that's Spencer over there by the vehicle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Spencer wore long sleeves in the hood and I would have honestly been off, been better. I was in my mind thinking, wow, what a poor choice. But looking back, looking back, Spencer knew what he was doing.
Speaker 1: You know, they have these new long sleeve shirts that are supposedly you don't get hot in them, but they protect you from the sun. I can't make myselfwere one. I used to work with people that that was there. Yeah, they said it's actually cooler.
Speaker 2: Yeah, coler do it. Yeah, now it's trying to tell me that it's codler. Then in a slaves you can.
Speaker 3: See people in the desert. I mean they're wrapped up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so can ask you a question the.
Speaker 3: Desert pirates, they're wrapped up.
Speaker 2: Like crazy, like so is your are your shoulders? Are they? Are they hurting to the touch? So we don't need to tap you.
Speaker 3: Don't be no backslapping going on. Look like I'm wearing a jersey. I look like I'm wearing a white jersey with red skin. I'm so burnt. I cannot e stress to you all how badly I am burnt. Please look at it.
Speaker 1: There was there was a moment where I almost said, you got a lot of skin showing two hours?
Speaker 3: Are we crazy?
Speaker 2: And there's a lot of sunshining out here? You getting sunburned like I'm your dad or something.
Speaker 3: Well, you you were the one that pointed it out at dinner afterwards for sitting down and you looked at me like, oh my gosh. I was like what And that was before I was feeling it. Yeah, feeling it now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two things you're not gonna find at camp House, and one of them was a question for my son, which I'm still really from a little bit. You're not gonna find sunscreen, and you're not gonna find a razor.
Speaker 2: I don't know what. Yeah, really I can. I'm gonna be honest if I catch anybody shaving at camp out.
Speaker 1: My son came over to me and he's like, hey, I got to go to something after this. Is there a razor here? I said, at camp house? Why would camp house?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: He was grizzly? Adams wouldn't much did I couldn't even tell he had any kind of beer. I didn't know what he was wanting to say. Do you think he had some sort of growth that he.
Speaker 3: I saw it, Brody, I saw it. Okay, I was standing real close to you, but I did see the light hit it just right.
Speaker 2: I started to be slick faced. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I started to say to him, there's no razor here, but I'm looking at what you're trying to accomplish. Go find a straight cat and let him lick at that. But but anyway, yeah, I don't, can you well? And I looked at him and he was. You know, he realized there was no answer. Why would anybody, anybody need a razory campouse?
Speaker 2: Like I said, I better not say it. Yeah, and he broke it down with him. He broke it down for me. Yeah he did. Didn't.
Speaker 7: So he's a coach, right, and he wanted his players to not lose any respect for him because he wanted to have a slick face and he be well groomed.
Speaker 2: Do you remember the coaches we had, They were never groomed. But he wasn't unkempt. I don't know. He didn't.
Speaker 1: He didn't like a guy you have sometimes you're like, wow, you need to get your beer in the control.
Speaker 2: They're like you like a homeless person. Right. People said that he just had little patches of whiskers here there a little shadow. Yeah, yeah it was. It was fine. Yeah, I saw nothing wrong with his face.
Speaker 3: I'm so burned, that's all I can think about.
Speaker 2: Your shirt? Does your shirt getting on?
Speaker 3: And you could cook an egg on my collarbone right now?
Speaker 2: And you asking Gary for alloy? Really?
Speaker 8: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we know that Easter is coming up. This is a great idea. It's called the King of Kings. This is an animated feature that is perfect for the family. Well, you talk about star studied cast of voices Oscar Isaac Pierce, Brosnan, Mark Hamill is in it, Forrest Whittaker, Uma Thurman, Ben Kingsley, Uh, and the list goes on and on. It's beautiful done and it's perfect to enjoy with the family this Easter. It's called The King of Kings. Uh, and we were invited to rediscover the enduring power of hope, love and redemption through the eyes of a child. It's a it's a life changing journey when the story begins and uh, it's it starts as a bedtime tale and you're gonna love this story.
Speaker 2: Uh and your family will enjoy it together.
Speaker 1: So if you would like to go ahead and and get a look at it, you can go to angel dot com and you're talking about King of Kings and you will love this movie.
Speaker 2: Angel dot com.
Speaker 1: Uh slash rick R I c K Angel dot com slash r I c K and get ready to see the King of Kings this Easter. Even though for some reason they've addressed this to Brody, it wasn't Brody that has the burned shoulders it's actually Adler, Uh, Adler. This person is saying to get a towel, pull vinegar all over it. Yeah, lay it over your back, shoulders and arms.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go get.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it will shoot it was it will stop the burning pain. Uh.
Speaker 2: And if you do that a couple of times, you'll feel like a new man. Okay, you smell vinegar, towel, you want me to go grab some vinegar and.
Speaker 3: From that's just from the text, just having a vinegar towel on me.
Speaker 2: All over you? Yeah, yes, yeah, all over you.
Speaker 3: I've got I got, I got some balm here speedy during the next break, if you don't mind.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure why I call it.
Speaker 3: The magic hands on the staff.
Speaker 2: It's just the.
Speaker 1: Fact I'm not sure why I call alavera alloy a minute ago. But that's what I meant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we knew what you meant.
Speaker 2: I was rushing with the hard break. It's harder to do that.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: But the asking Gary for that yesterday, that really was a bad scene.
Speaker 3: Well, he's not all kinds of stuff. You never know.
Speaker 2: I missed that ask Yeah, what's the Gary?
Speaker 1: You know lives his life in sleeveless shirt, so he's never he's never put a go and skin cancers are fraid of Gary, so that's never gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought it was a sleeveless shirt.
Speaker 1: Guy.
Speaker 3: We were, he was out there sleeveless. He didn't get burned. What what's going on?
Speaker 2: He works in the sun every day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't have the base.
Speaker 2: I didn't have the bas No, nobody.
Speaker 7: Some are saying that if we can't find the vinegar, good, grab some mustard. We could mustards man mustard on we have to, and then some shaving cream.
Speaker 2: You have any shaven?
Speaker 3: I've got some tallow balling and urine.
Speaker 2: No, that's that's.
Speaker 3: That's a jellyfish jelly.
Speaker 2: It's still. We do have mustard here. If you want to take your shirt off, we'll squirt it allish.
Speaker 3: You all want to see that. They all want to see the damage. Honestly, I got a picture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to set and this is last night.
Speaker 3: I'm worse right now. I just don't want to show much.
Speaker 2: Okay, my god, I look.
Speaker 3: Like I'm wearing a wife beat.
Speaker 2: All right, So that's tough. There's Adler.
Speaker 1: Those of you that can't see it speedy, I mean he has on a skin tank top. He does, yes, and his neck and chest and arms and back terribly.
Speaker 3: Just say, shower sucked?
Speaker 1: Did you did you not feel it out there? The sun was beaming down on us.
Speaker 3: The clouds broke so hard we were heading out. I thought it was going to be a thirty minute bass tournament. I didn't need sunscreen for thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: Where did you get bass tournaments are thirty minutes.
Speaker 3: I've seen plenty of those shows. They're thirty minutes long.
Speaker 2: One of the textures even said it.
Speaker 1: You said yesterday on air was too hot.
Speaker 3: I didn't hear that part. I wasn't listening.
Speaker 2: I'm more proud of you for something else. What you started going chest hair? That's good, okay, all right, little man's growing up.
Speaker 3: I do have a neck on the like on the back of my neck, and it's carding. It's going south. Yeah, what's up with that?
Speaker 2: Tough? It's gonna get worse. Friend, Friend, how about your watch? The wife loves you. If you ask her to shave your back, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can reach it right now, so I'm doing it. But last night Aaron did make a comment. She was like, what is this weird wolverine? Patch she got on the back of your And I'm wearing a hat right now because I was wearing a backwards hat the whole time because I'm real cool and real and real smart. He's over thirty, Greg and y'all, if I take his hat off, it's you're going to see the white stripe on.
Speaker 2: The hor fell on your head that hat.
Speaker 3: As to her, well, I'm just covering the non burn part.
Speaker 2: You're good.
Speaker 1: Why did you Why did you turn it backwards since you needed to keep the sun off of your face?
Speaker 3: Like I like being free and clear.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, yeah, Ada. Are you jacked about the final four this weekend?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Verry jacked?
Speaker 1: Careful tomorrow the final four in college men's basketball. Uh, here we go Auburn, Florida.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Auburn's at five one's the other game Auburn's.
Speaker 1: I don't know this weird thing that they're both on CBS, the main five o.
Speaker 2: Nine Central time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, So then the Duke Houston game is at seven forty nine pm Central.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey in Santonio.
Speaker 3: In San Antonio, I know, I thought about getting a flight, but now I'm so sunburned.
Speaker 2: I just I'm trying to survive. Yeah, you can't do that. You feel I can't do that? Do you feel good about your Tigers? No? No, no, it is big is big Boy gonna play? I know he got hurt. I don't know.
Speaker 3: By the way, y'all did y'all know it's Jeni. What it's spelled Johnny? It just looks like Johnny. I want to call him Johnny Broom. To me, that's that's cooler sounding. It is, Hey, Johnny Broom. There comes Johnny sweep you right, So how do you pronounce it Jeni, Ji, Jani and Johnny? Yeah? I mean I would pronounce that john Johnny and then the then I hear the announcers and such people actually know what they're talking about saying JENNI, I'm like, all.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm gonna start calling him speedy speed. Yeah, that's funny speedy. So who do you like in Houston? Duke Boy?
Speaker 1: Duke?
Speaker 2: You're going with North Carolina? Okay? Who do you like? Florida? Auburn?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 7: That's tough dangle. Luck for both of them. They play each other and there.
Speaker 3: Were Auburn's Jeni Broome SEC Player of the Year and National Player of the Year contender is not expecting to be limited, not expected to be limited at all.
Speaker 2: I didn't like the way that elbow looked.
Speaker 3: By his injured right elbow. That did not look good. Yeah, okay, that was just an awkward fall, like it looked like he twisked his knee too.
Speaker 2: At the same time, I'm gonna be real Carefu was on the one leg that had what is this thing? We have one leg covered? One leg not.
Speaker 3: Trying it is cool. It's like you guys, remember when ll cool you used to roll up just one leg.
Speaker 2: Yes, and one leg. Yeah, some of them have it on both legs like they're playing in pajamas. Yeah. So yeah, I'm with you. What's the covering of one leg but not the other? We're sharp they Flow Joe. Didn't you do that in track? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Flow Joe was looking good doing that, not in that weird way.
Speaker 2: She looked cool Rick.
Speaker 7: You asked about it straight up. I mean it would be guessing on my part on who I mean you see do the way they are, But Houston's resilient. They seem to keep winning too, so that how do you pick? I mean, you know, if you're a fan of one of them, you're obviously pulling for him. But I mean, you have four number ones playing.
Speaker 2: It's who's hot that night, who's.
Speaker 1: Hitting the threes? And I have no idea if you took all four of these teams. I don't think the amount i've seen all four of them play with equal one full game. Yeah, I mean I've seen probably if I put them all together, I've seen three quarters of them play.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I'm trying to be this expert.
Speaker 2: And I've watched Auburn second half twice. That's it.
Speaker 3: I watched the An games. I watched. I watched the Obama games too, the one where the huge blowout and then where they lost.
Speaker 1: But I'm going to ask a question that I know I shouldn't ask, but it's been kind of bothered me. Probably should not ask this question because I know it. I know it comes from a good place. Oh boy, what all right?
Speaker 2: It seems to the last day of the week, this thing where we call God? Here we go? What are we calling.
Speaker 3: God for him?
Speaker 2: But for what?
Speaker 3: You heard me call him?
Speaker 2: But I mean, what does so I hit a three pointer and I'm calling God?
Speaker 1: And is it on three pointers? They kept referring to that do I call God and say, did you see the three pointer? What am I calling him? Thanks for the three pointer, grateful for the three pointer, calling God to thank him for it. I don't know why we're calling him. Well, I think it's a great sentiment. I just dont like if somebody said, what do you call?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you could just say praise God. Yeah, maybe that's what they're doing.
Speaker 3: All glory to God is what Johnny Broom says.
Speaker 2: It means okay to call him? Does it mean call on God?
Speaker 3: Johnny Broom called on him as he powers Auburn into Final Four. All glory to God? Yeah, great, Johnny.
Speaker 1: Broom, great sentiment. I'm just talking about the analogy of the phone call. That's the one that's thrown me a little bit.
Speaker 3: I understand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, you know because when somebody points to Heaven, you know, and I go, well that I see what they're saying.
Speaker 3: Hey, you always got to call on him always, no matter what, even when you're playing basketball.
Speaker 1: Do you call on him only when you make big shots? Or do we calling him all the time? Yeah, because I think that's probably an instruction no matter what the situation, I find myself calling him more when I missed the shot, you know, Rick, that is a good point when I'm struggling.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, here it is right here.
Speaker 2: Even though it shouldn't be that way. I'm just saying that.
Speaker 3: That's the celebration started. Here's how it all went down. The celebration started with a student assistant named Caleb Jones. While some players were lifting weights one day, student assistant Caleb Jones walked into the room and said call God and walked out, And just like that, the signature celebration was born for the team.
Speaker 2: That's even more confusing than that.
Speaker 1: No, did that mean that the person and had too much weight on and they were about to get hurt? You better call God to help you with that. I'd like to know how it was tied to weightlifting?
Speaker 2: What number? You know? All right?
Speaker 3: The seven seven seven, that's the perfect number.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 7: You know, I'm just maybe workout was so hard. If you're complaining, called God? Maybe that was Yeah, don't blame me if you need help.
Speaker 2: Oh God, that's what did God put the workout? That's wrong about He's found a story. I keep running. Did God put the workout? I'm sure the workout to three? I'm sure the guy, he was probably having fun with him.
Speaker 9: How did it go from workout to three pointers?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Some of them made us wait is it just three pointers? So that's one of the stories. I think it is. They talk like it is right all right. I don't know. I would think, you know, the.
Speaker 3: Everything that was pretty random, and then everybody started just saying it too. So you're right, it doesn't make one hundred percent sense. But the sentiment, a course part.
Speaker 2: Of me wants you to get you a hand down and get on defense. I mean, what if I call God and he said get back on defense, wouldn't even hand up to you here getting back on defense?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well look I'm not I'm not working to acknowledge God, the one and only living God.
Speaker 2: And you know, I like that sentiment.
Speaker 1: It's just I was trying to tie the calling and only calling on these times.
Speaker 2: That was just I was just trying to I'm just trying to understand it.
Speaker 3: It's like when people say let's go, they're not actually saying like, let's leave right now. It's it doesn't mean that this is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: A couple of things that are going that that are going on right now. Did you see this where President Trump was forced to abandon his helicopter on the way it prepares you down well before it was it was it was about to take off. Uh, and then they aborted that, saying the helicopter had an issue.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: He was at to Miami International Airport from air Force one. It was before five pm.
Speaker 2: Uh. He stopped briefly to give press a raised fist. Uh.
Speaker 1: And then he promptly boarded a helicopter which we all know is referred to as Marine one. That's the one the president rides in it for short trips. And this was going to be over to his golf club where they have a live event coming up.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah, so and at tournament he actually is going to be one of the bids.
Speaker 1: He was even talking about he hopes that live in the pg A can combine forces and learn.
Speaker 2: To work together. And they were doing that one something Greg as Thurston, how the third? I mean you you're right there on the edge.
Speaker 8: You gotta get it a little money?
Speaker 2: Now, what what's you gotta get it in? You gotta.
Speaker 8: I don't know if it's dead or not.
Speaker 2: That's a little better.
Speaker 3: Here's here's a.
Speaker 8: Marine Once I did and want to live here.
Speaker 3: It is landing on the Trump golf course yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is the other one they shifted over because they got off the one he was on. Okay, yeah, because they said it had some sort of glitch and it Marine one was down. It aboarded lifting off.
Speaker 2: You always have a couple of flying because you don't know which one I'm in right now, that one.
Speaker 1: That's not it, And so they moved it back up to another.
Speaker 2: That him, I was just like him.
Speaker 1: He was seen in a bright red Maga hat and so walking across the tarmac from one helicopter to another. And then it took off about twenty minutes after five. So so they had a problem with Marine one or Marine one one or whatever. It's going Jambo, No, he don't have his chin stuck out?
Speaker 2: Right? Got your chin really out? What do I do with that? Like a pig? Andy? Of course, there's all I think about is some MDY tried to sabotage helicopter.
Speaker 1: Yep, right, Well, I mean they've tried to kill Trump twice. I know it's not out like that hasn't had That's a good point.
Speaker 2: It's been a good tariff. Who was that? That's way better than your tariff update.
Speaker 1: Tariff update, uh GM, GM General.
Speaker 2: Motors could be fabulous. We're gonna be jowitch.
Speaker 1: Will dramatically increase car production in the US after the Trump tariff.
Speaker 2: See there's another one. So the GM.
Speaker 1: Announced yesterday it will dramatically increase vehicle production in Indiana.
Speaker 2: Good news, Indiana, Come on, uh in.
Speaker 1: This movie came one day after Trump slapped twenty five percent tariffs on all foreign made cars and auto parts to help the industry flourish, as he said, like never before.
Speaker 2: Try that, you'll flourish like never before. Flourish like never before. Say it. Kind of it had a good moment. He thinks he's going to stick his chin out.
Speaker 3: Needs to be more like that.
Speaker 2: You're the big You're the fat teacher on Monsters, inc. Y'all, y'all don't have it either, the.
Speaker 3: Fat teachers on Monsters.
Speaker 2: That's that is the big teacher teacher.
Speaker 3: On I don't understand that reference. I don't know that.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know what you're talking about you and I even know the actress's doing the voice.
Speaker 3: Really wow, I do not know that reference.
Speaker 2: I don't have it.
Speaker 1: It is an obscure reference. Ad or you're okay that that speedy. You can tell he's got a grand kid now and he's had to watch that movie again.
Speaker 3: Okay, I haven't gotten there yet. My kids won't sit for a movie. They're really yes there they again, find the right movie, they get antsy, they get real antsy.
Speaker 7: You know what I do with River, I'll actually grab it and fast forward it to the good parts where it's boring, and then we'll just watch that.
Speaker 2: You learn what you'll move, you'll move through it and you get to yeah, because I know we're only sitting for a little bit and then we're back up.
Speaker 7: So if I need a good twenty to chill or whatever, yeah, we'll go to the action.
Speaker 3: I'll put on Daniel Tagun you take you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but on the whole terrace thing. I know everybody's all stop marketing, but I didn't even.
Speaker 2: Look because supposed to everybody make that. Yeah, you know a lot of people making that. Yeah, down is down. You're right if I just breathe.
Speaker 3: Well, yesterday was a bad day. You're you're looking at about five percent across the board.
Speaker 1: That hurts, but you know, well but it only hurts, right, And I don't want to I don't want to be insensitive. But it only hurts those who need their retirement money right now. Those that are gonna have it in the future. Uh, it will also go up and it's an opportunity. So you gotta, as Speedy is trying to say with various sounds of noises, is you got to let this thing work itself out and then we'll see whether.
Speaker 2: It worked or not.
Speaker 1: We we don't know whether it's working or not yet. We see today we see some negative results stock market, we see some positive results GM increasing vehicle production, and there's other examples of that. But you're going to have to let it play itself out and then we will know whether this was a bad idea or a good idea. And you also see countries that are saying, whoa, let's let's get let's let's change our deal.
Speaker 2: That's a positive it is, So we'll we'll see.
Speaker 1: But but what what happens now in our shoot ready aim society and our SoundBite society is I must make make my declaration on on both sides. I must make it immediately. When that's not possible, I don't know what. I don't know why we can't anymore. We're just not satisfied with the will we'll see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't work. That's what you were wrong.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, And we've talked about it before, and Trump has mentioned it. You can't think on a day to day stock price level for long term success if you want that long term success, and China thinks in terms of one hundred years and a thousand years and the future future generations. And Trump is talking about these moves being a way to not saddle future generations with unpayable debts.
Speaker 1: Are you concerned if you're somebody thinking about this that and and I'm not now I'm about to flip the switch of ball.
Speaker 2: Those Trump are gonna leave office.
Speaker 3: He was a third term.
Speaker 2: Y'all.
Speaker 1: Calm down, that's not gonna happen. And that's not constitutional. It's not gonna happen. But what I do want to say is this, when you're trying stuff like this, and it and it is a we'll see in its.
Speaker 2: Long term, four years really isn't a lot of time. Now.
Speaker 1: The thing that concerns you is about the time it's starting to work. His his time is over. Uh, And then the next person whoever wins, just does away with it.
Speaker 2: And and we didn't gain even so that you know, does it? Does it? Can it?
Speaker 1: Can it happen quick enough that everybody goes this is a good idea that we should continue as a country no matter who's in Yeah, in.
Speaker 2: The White House.
Speaker 7: And I think this is one thing he's trying to do. He's trying to do some permanent solutions that will last.
Speaker 2: It's just we got to stomach the change. Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 8: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: First, to start this hour, we will go to one Calvin Speedy Wilburn.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: This is a little segment have we named this anything? Does it need a name?
Speaker 1: Where he plays us an audio clip and then we guess what has happened or what's going on? And then we slowly unpacked the story.
Speaker 2: I think it's called Hey, what do you think? What do you think of this? Then we say that you want to name? Hey, what do y'all think of this? Or what do y'all think? This is?
Speaker 3: He? What do you'all think? Is this right here?
Speaker 2: What do you think this is right? Her? Hey? What do you think this is?
Speaker 11: All?
Speaker 2: Right here? You want to do that? We think is going on right here?
Speaker 3: Right here?
Speaker 2: Is good? All right?
Speaker 3: Let me know what you think?
Speaker 2: What do you think is going on right here? What do you think is going on around? Let's here all right? Tell me what what's happened here? Well, they'll tell you what's happened, but give me the set up.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, when you did he say, oh my gosh, when your son eats your god?
Speaker 2: Can't just say oh my gosh, when your son eats your dad. Listen, real careful, Okay.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, when you.
Speaker 2: Eat your well, your son eats your dad. What do you think is going on wrong? Her sound good? Her son ate her dad? Yes, her son ate her dad?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, when you died?
Speaker 3: When your son eat your dad? This is obviously some kind of end times, you know, zombie type situation. He became a zombie ate the dead.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you this, If your kid eats your dad, he's got to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: There was a picture of their dad and the kid ate the picture. Okay, you think outside the box a little bit.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping, Yeah, I hope he really didn't understand that.
Speaker 2: You you did, you sent your your son to juvy. What happened? Well, he ate my dad? My dad? He can't keep him dad. By the way of all the rules at the house.
Speaker 1: Eating someone's dad, you eat your grandfather, that's that is a I mean, you gotta be it's got to be swift and it's got to be severe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who here ate your granddad?
Speaker 3: Raise your hands.
Speaker 2: So so we're talking about a picture. Greg said, that's pretty good. Here we go. Here's we're gonna finish it. Trophy of some kind of can't be his physical body. Okay, well, let's listen.
Speaker 6: She has my son Hussey and my dad's lashes.
Speaker 2: She seen ashes for the second this year.
Speaker 7: Someone is going viral on TikTok, of course, for sharing a story about their toddler eating the grand their grandfather's ashes, which is her dad, toddler's grandfather. And this is the recent woman who's just who discovered her dad's ashes was eaten by her kid.
Speaker 2: Now here I go, this is her bring the situation. Now be talking about what happened. Nowadays, everybody wants attention she did. She said, the whole thing up.
Speaker 3: Everything.
Speaker 2: He's just so he can't shot.
Speaker 3: I'm with you.
Speaker 2: Every year everybody wants to be look at me, go my son ain't my dad? Yes, yes, look, I don't want to be viral for my son. Actually, keep that off.
Speaker 3: Everything's fake though they stepped on the elevator.
Speaker 2: You'll never believe what happens.
Speaker 3: It's all fake everything I see you ship, let me know if you see anything real on the internet. That's funny.
Speaker 2: Do you all right? So are you? And Greg's camp? This is?
Speaker 1: This is She brought this out acting like it's some big deal when it really wasn't.
Speaker 2: Did she really make him eat it? Here's the line is, Oh my god, when your dad, when your son eats your dad. Now when it stops right there, but that that key comma his ashes, Yeah, you gotta have that.
Speaker 1: You got to have that. And I guess now I'm getting in the adler Greg camp. She could have just said, our toddler got into we have my dad's ashes in an urn, and he got in and he ate some of the ashes.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness. And why would you want everybody to know that? Anyway? That's not it. I would hide the fact that my kid ate my dad's ashes. I wouldn't get on the internet. Hey you believe my weird kid? Did he lives on?
Speaker 1: Do we agree that it's much more provocative to say, oh my gosh, my son ate that my dad. Much more provocative statement than my dad's earn spilt over and the toddler got in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh, she didn't have the accent. I would think it was fake for some reason. The accent makes me think it's real.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, and also I'm gonna go further. Did y'all really see I don't believe anything.
Speaker 2: No disrespect, no disrespect it, no disrespect.
Speaker 1: I've never looked at a jar full of ashes as anybody.
Speaker 2: Right, that's not that's not true.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: He's eating ashes and his dad her dad's ashes.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, but it's it's turned to ash.
Speaker 2: It's burnt to the point of yeah, it's not like you walk.
Speaker 1: It's not like you walk in your your dad passed, and your toddler's got like his arm over eating it like a chicken leg.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 2: That that that's quite the visual.
Speaker 1: Well, let me tell you now that it is PROVOCAI.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not good.
Speaker 1: And but but this this ash thing to me, to eaches on what she looks like her on But you know, like when hey, we're gonna go and and to me, that's a kid getting into something nasty.
Speaker 2: That's all that is.
Speaker 1: And that happens, Tyler drink you and to make a spit one when he was I didn't mean for him to Tyler, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: When you.
Speaker 3: My son and my dad's lashes, you know what was.
Speaker 2: Be sure your ashes are out of reach of a toddler. Yeah, are your dad's ashes. I'll put the ashes up, you know, he gets into that. I don't know who this texture is.
Speaker 8: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: But let me tell you something that is that is it? That is an outstanding text? That one there, Yeah, it's it's a little off it is. But let me tell you something that's a good one. When should I say it? And just I'll soften it a little bit, you will intended? Well, you know these days where like people say a piece of bread looks like you know, the mother Mary and stuff like that. They said, how where would it be if all of a sudden, when the kid actually had the next dipper, you look down, it looks like her dad, like.
Speaker 3: A bust Oh my goshness, it's a statue, looks like the Hall of Fame. My son has pooped my side.
Speaker 2: It's like a little poop action figure that looks just like my dad.
Speaker 9: That looks like my dog honey collectible.
Speaker 2: Oh boy.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and then the other texture to Greg's point, is there nothing people keep to themselves anymore I would have done.
Speaker 2: Was announce that to the world. I have cleaned it up quick. Oh I don't like it didn't happen, right, huh, So there you go. All right, we'll come back.
Speaker 1: Wow, we think about that right now, wait around he wait un hell, we'll be right back.
Speaker 8: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: All right. So let's set the scene.
Speaker 1: And again we're not going to tell you what happens, because you'll have to be ready to watch the next couple of episodes of Tales from the Camp House when they are produced and published, and we'll let you know when that is. But we can tell you some interesting things as anytime we all go out.
Speaker 2: Let me come on. So I've already dealt with the text.
Speaker 1: With Lance Ingram Doctor Lou that I left him hanging on lunch because of the schedule changing. That's on me, one thousand percent on me. This apparently it was a tough day for me. Yeah, so just.
Speaker 2: Pitching him continuingly like looking out the front. Do you think he went ahead and eight? No?
Speaker 7: No, not him, No, No, he was waiting. He was waiting, and he probably kept looking.
Speaker 2: He looked at that part. Did he stay and eat? Oh no, I don't know about that. Every time I've been stood up, I stay in it.
Speaker 3: If he if he just left, makes it one hundred percent worse, makes it way worse. It does because then everybody in the restaurant's like, what's up with that guy? Maybe he played it off, but he probably just sat there lonely and he.
Speaker 2: Awkwardly doesn't know whether he should pay for you know, whatever he had to drink. He had a glass of water.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But anyways, so, uh but the awkwardness will continue now. Uh So we're we're getting ready to start the shooting, start the bass tournament, start the whole thing. And a person drives up. Adler engages him apparently with a tone. Did you did you have a tone?
Speaker 3: I probably had a slight.
Speaker 2: Did you hear it? Greg? Did he have a tone?
Speaker 1: Guy?
Speaker 3: I so thought that the guy was here to fight.
Speaker 2: You thought a guy was going to drive up to fight me immediately.
Speaker 3: There, because he was standing there like he was about like, hey, hey see if you can move me? Is what he is? What he looked like.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I have a hot agree with this speak.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Like he looked like an adventure it. You know, when they all stand there like they're ready to yes, you know it. And and he was standing. Now you got to understand, it's it's a sunny day, it's windy, there's a lot going on, and so we're kind of looking over and then he goes.
Speaker 2: Hey, man, can I help you?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 2: That's yeah, you mean did you have that look on? Not mean? Yeah? See If I haven't right, I'm gonna try it. It is so we are, we're busy at the time. We got when we're in, Yeah, we're full blown in. Okay, we're about to start shooting. Okay, we're laying out the first shot. Okay.
Speaker 1: And it was this adler over there talking to the crew getting miked up. Was this it right here? Watch this?
Speaker 2: Hey? Can we help you? Was that it? Yeah? But it was somewhere between. It was more of a stern yeah, hey, can we help you. It's like he talked to hard you know the guys.
Speaker 3: Look he said very I'm very aware. I gave him an ocular pat down and I said potential threat. Hey, sir, did you need help with something? He then did not help things. He goes, Rick knows who I am.
Speaker 1: Okay, So at that point you think it could be some of these death threats and stuff that we've had to deal with.
Speaker 2: I mean, I understand it's there's some intense story.
Speaker 3: That's intense things.
Speaker 2: So at that point I start walking towards him.
Speaker 3: If I say to the film crew, because I still so think it's going to be a confrontation, I say to the film crew, hate film this, shoot this thing?
Speaker 2: Can I tell you what I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know whether that makes me whatever rude to them. I don't even know what to say about that statement, Adler. The fact that you told the film crew keep.
Speaker 3: Rolling, I thought it was going to be a fight.
Speaker 2: I think it makes me like you even more.
Speaker 1: Yes, now it should probably concern me that you're like, whatever happens here, let's be sure we capture it.
Speaker 7: I didn't go that's looking out for the show right there. I didn't go immediately to hey, we're fighting. But because he didn't look like he was ready to fight, it just I couldn't tell what was happening because he was again very windy. So he's kind of screaming a little bit hollering.
Speaker 2: Reck knows who I am? That loud? Yeah, well, because he had to for us to hear. Why am I not realizing this? Well? Who I am? Yeah? Yeah, a little bit. Now this one here, because I have a terrible time paying attention to anything. Yes, this one here, And I'm pointing to Greg.
Speaker 7: Greg, how you are tongue and a stair looking and all he's missing is a cup of coffee?
Speaker 2: All right? I was watching it unfold. So were you engaged at them?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 2: Okay? Did you care? Not a lot? But I was. I was curious Greg.
Speaker 3: I watched this like he was watching a video on his computer. Just I'm going to tell you where I was on you just watched it happen. My thing was this, we're a team. I'm engaged with the with the crew, going over what we're about to do. Y'all will let me know if I'm needed. That's kind of where I was.
Speaker 2: Well as I get so now I'm walking to him, and I think, Adlie, you're trailing me right back because you're ready to roll with him. If you can just get him on the ground, it's over.
Speaker 3: Doneler going to tell the guy's cardio is not great Adler.
Speaker 2: Going to Adler going to his band and putting his gear on. I thought, wow, that's over the life.
Speaker 3: I was ready.
Speaker 2: As I got closer, I heard food so that hell and I heard your name again that lot, and I went, okay, things are changing for me. And as I got closer, I realized this is actually a nice guy. And he doesn't there's nothing, you know, like confrontational about him. He just he he's not sure what to do. He's trying to get us a message.
Speaker 7: Okay, once I once I get closer to him, it involved good food, it sure is so. And then it all started making sense because of what you said earlier in the week about going down and a location that you felt responsible to save, right and that we might stop by if we could, and corn bread and all that, and so it all started making sense.
Speaker 1: Now, now let me tell you exactly what happened, not here, but pre here. And it's going to sound like that I'm not doing well right now, socialdo okay, But I want to tell you this exactly how the conversation went. I love Bones of barbecue there. It is near near the farm.
Speaker 2: It is a place that I fought hard to save.
Speaker 1: And get them through the pandemic. Okay, backstreet because I wanted them to. So it turns out because I wasn't really pay attention. It was this is the owner. They have two locations, that's it. And he and I he didn't want to fight ad He and I had actually said in the booth one day and talked about maybe them being part of what we're doing. Hey man, how y'all doing. Let's keep seeing if we can't keep you you know, I want you all to make it. I love come in here, and even offered to bring food one day and that never panned out. Okay, So when I go in there last Friday, I went in there because I was down there. I always go in there and and meet these wonderful ladies that that are serving and cooking, and so miss miss Deborah turns out that's his wife. Okay, never put that together, comes out to me, and she had done this in the past. One day I got I was down there, wasn't on the menu. She said, I have some cornberr bread back her a baby if you want some, And I said, well, yes, ma'am. You might remember even telling y'all that I think you did. So when I was down there. She said, when are you gonna send us some shirts? And uh, I want some rick Birders show shirts. And I'm like, okay, and I'm working on that and I'm gonna get them some shirts. And I started saying, how many you need? Tell me who else gonna who ranks these shirts? You know, And of course there's the two ladies that I deal with all the time. Of course they're gonna get shirts. And so then she said, I said, a matter of fact, the guys all coming down, We're gonna try to bring them down to some fishing.
Speaker 2: And here was the exact quote.
Speaker 1: Well, if y'all do, and if y'all are coming by here, that word if is only two letters, but it's huge, call me and let me know y'all are gonna come eat and I'll have corn bread and butter beans ready.
Speaker 2: Well, when we decided on the shoot schedule that would finally work for everybody, that lunch before was not an option. And Gary, who by the way, seemed to be bothered by the thought of anybody else contributing food, he got into the Hey, we can just have turkey nuggets and then I will catch you fish and I'll clean them and fry them and hush puppies and coach law and maybe a satedy in some franch fries. So we realized we didn't need food because on the front end of you, Gary really had food covered.
Speaker 1: So I thought, well, maybe we can do that another day. So I never called, meaning we're not coming by, you should have just make sure.
Speaker 7: Well, So he comes to the location because and we all know his wife probably sent him, and he's trying to figure it out too. Hey, Rick knows who I am, because you obviously do because you sat down and talked to him, but you couldn't. You didn't really see him away, so you couldn't figure it out. So he had that part right. But it was something about the situation and the scene that we thought was confrontational when it really wasn't. He was just trying to get them to come by and get it. He said, Hey, are y'all gonna swing by? We'd love to bring you something out here, and and and so you finally realized, hey, I do know him, let me come over after we were over there talking to him, and and then he said, yeah, I'm gonna go grab some and bring it back and go to camp house and get it to Gary, and we were like, well, yes, and so he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when he offered a given minutes, Apparently Miss Deborah went ahead and made the cornbread and the butter meetings and just took Thursday as a goal. So that's that's two phone calls that parents need to make that in a thirty minute span. It was not good for you, bad thirty minutes for me. But I thought I was supposed to call only if we were coming and to give a heads up, which that makes sense. But here's the good news. Uh, these wonderful people brought us homemade corn bread and homemade butterbeans, and.
Speaker 2: We have loved them and we're eating them and we're continuing. We're con Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh and oh, now I thought Gary got a little he got a little when Miss deb sent the fried pies.
Speaker 2: Gary got a little territorial.
Speaker 1: I don't, I don't. I don't mean anything bad against Gary his fries. His pies are great, but so are these. Yah, they real good. But you remember that he has I said, we don't have to worry about desert now, Gary, we got these pies, And.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what's wrong with that? Ain't as good as mind? You didn't even have one.
Speaker 1: He banned corn bread from the meal because he said, you can't have corn bread. Yeah, so we had to delay eat in the corn bread. Gary wouldn't let us eat it with the fish for some reason, and uh that you'll see that maybe in the episode. But so anyway, thank you Bones Barbecue and Jamison. Thank you miss Deborah for the wonderful corn bread and butterbeans. We are continuing to eat it even here on the show today, free Heart. Yes, and I'm sorry if we got crossed up on communication and the T shirts are coming there, we.
Speaker 7: Go, Well, I would like to if I could, maybe if we were to just break down film, do you think possibly as an exit that you said, hey man, we're gonna stop by. Do you think there's a chance of that.
Speaker 1: Well, based on where she thought and a person person's texting that you think just you were coming by? Oh no, no, tons of butterbeans and a pawn and a half of cornbread.
Speaker 2: So she was suspecting the crew based on volumes.
Speaker 1: You got them and we're and we're beating it and we're eating right now. Yeah too, Yeah, I've already you can't eat enough of it, so no, I don't think I did that, Okay, I just I mean, I was just saying, if on the table, if you felt like you were pretty confident on that, I'm losing that confidence based on what happened.
Speaker 2: Lance, am was waiting on you for a lot. That's what I'm saying. Man, I ended up with without Lance, Cornbread, our butter bnch.
Speaker 8: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: So you know how you have wake up calls. Yesterday big wake up call for me. I gotta get a handle on the schedule. I just got to get a handle on it. And you remember when Newman on Seinfeld and he was he was kind of on the you know that that that edge, and he said to Jerry, the mail never stops, Jerry, the mail never stops.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: The there's a there's just so much coming at us, so much and uh and and really now more than ever, because you know, in order to survive now you got to have your hand in so many different things. You can't just do one thing anymore, but because you need you need multiple things all coming in so the whole. You know, we need to have content here and content there and here a content they're content.
Speaker 2: And then you have the the hey, what about this?
Speaker 1: And then you got to do that, and client over here, and this is over here, and event over here, and this is righty, and and it's just hey, you know what, I gotta do better. It's just hey, this is is it's it's just all coming. There's a lot coming coming at you. So I just got to do better. I gotta stay on top of it better.
Speaker 3: I know you use the dry erase calendar in your office. Do you have a digital calendar on your phone that you're looking at every day?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, my life is a wreck if I don't put it. If it's not in the calendar, I say to Aaron all my wife all the time. If it's not on the calendar, I don't know about it.
Speaker 2: Amen.
Speaker 7: That's where I'd like to see you sync up, because both and I'm not saying if it was me Idler Greg, if we knew about it, we had, but those two things yesterday we didn't.
Speaker 2: Even know about.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I didn't think that was the things y'all had to worry about, saying yeah, well it goes back to this, but I will tell you everything that I just told you is on my calendar. But it doesn't help if you don't look at it.
Speaker 3: Okay, all of them are on my calendar, but that's calendars in your office only.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you gotta have it with you, Rick.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is a very powerful device.
Speaker 2: I know it is.
Speaker 3: I got you, and I'm lazy about it too, and.
Speaker 1: All fairness though when it comes to miss Deborah, you know, would have been on my calendar, call miss Deborah if y'all are going to stop by it to eat lunch.
Speaker 2: So that one. I think that was just a little breakdown in communication. Butt lot them on double check. Make sure I didn't get that. Okay, thanks, great, Yeah, it was very the kind of them to do what they do. My goodness.
Speaker 1: Well, look we're benefiting we got and speaking of that, apparently, uh, you know how we're all a little quirky about how mama did this and Mama did that. You know, not all cornbreads the same. You're a picky corn bread I don't mind now. I will tell you that the corn bread that that mister Ever did for us is is like it's like Mama, it is so very good. And Adler's got one here on this video today. Is this another recipe of corn bread? As see.
Speaker 2: I don't like corn bread down the sweet corn bread world.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you guys are savory corn bread people. Yeah, absolutely, then you're gonna hate this corn bread recipe.
Speaker 2: So this one, you know you make cake? Now, what is this about that? Or what what is this?
Speaker 6: Corn bread?
Speaker 3: Literally a cooking video?
Speaker 2: Okay, cooking? You want me to watch a cooking video?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want you to watch it if you don't want to watch it.
Speaker 2: Do you think I'm not gonna like this recipe?
Speaker 3: I don't think you're gonna like this recipe because you guys are savory.
Speaker 2: Do you like sweet corn bread?
Speaker 3: I do with honey on it? Yes, I grew up putting honey butter. And there's what she does, honey butter.
Speaker 1: But do you make the corn bread sweet by putting the honey? Or is the corn bread itself already sweet?
Speaker 3: Okay, there's a lot of sugar in this corn bread.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't like sweet corn bread. You know what else?
Speaker 1: I don't like when people put all the peppers and stuff in it either, I like not.
Speaker 2: I do not like Mexican corn bread.
Speaker 7: It so little man always has to has to have the exact same thing.
Speaker 2: I like corn bread the way I like it. I like Mexican.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, you put butter on but okay, this is honey butter.
Speaker 1: I just don't want the corn bread itself to be sweet. I think I can live with the honey butter. I put syrup on it. The honey butter.
Speaker 2: Forgot how red your nose is.
Speaker 3: I'm so burned.
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 3: It hurts when I shrugged my shoulders.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, I'm so burned.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: Start off with two cups of yellow corn meal, and then we're going to add two cups of all purpose. Then we're going to take one cup of sugar, tables of baking powder, and one teaspoon of salt, and we're going to give that a really good mix. You want to make sure it's and a separate bowl. You're going to take two cups of milk, two third cups of vegetable.
Speaker 12: Oil, and two follow the doing, which is a can of cream corn.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I don't cream corn in it. I don't mind corn. No, I don't like corn in it. I said you were going to corn meals all the corn I eating corn bread.
Speaker 3: Corn meals all the corn. You need corn bread?
Speaker 2: Okay, don't add corn.
Speaker 4: Well, she's yeah, take it at four hundred degrees from about twenty to twenty five. Butter and honey.
Speaker 2: She's making her own honey butter.
Speaker 3: She's making honey buttery. Yeah, okay, it's honey.
Speaker 2: And she's putting on brush baked.
Speaker 3: Stop booing because I feel like you're brewing me.
Speaker 2: That's a dessert. That's not corn bread. That's dessert, that's desert. No, they don't have that.
Speaker 9: Look.
Speaker 1: It may be a dessert, but it's not going to replace my corn bread and the meal.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you a question, do y'all? And I don't do this, but there are people that put like you know, there's their grits. They put like sugar and stuff, and they make their grits sweet. I don't do that. But to me, this is not a fowl. That's not think that's a fowl. I don't think this is a fowl.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, if you want to offer some kind of like I say, dessert that features corn bread, I'm not gonna eat any corn bread that somebody's put syrup on top of and put a bunch of cream corn.
Speaker 2: You're gonna put some black eyed peas up against that and try to eat them together.
Speaker 8: No, you can.
Speaker 2: You don't crumble that up into butter beans. And come on, you don't butter beans. You don't do that.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not suggesting that.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you take it the cornbread the way it's supposed to be done. You crumbled up inside some black eyed peas or some butter beans could great.
Speaker 3: This is just a different kind it is.
Speaker 2: I just don't like it.
Speaker 7: Are you okay with Maybe you're somewhere and they offer a couple of different varieties of corn bread, and hey, we got some Mexican corn bread over here, just their ridge and will hear?
Speaker 2: Are you okay with that? Oh?
Speaker 1: If they want to offer it, that's fine. Just don't make that be the only thing I got. I don't want you to come over to my table all fired up about cornbread and hand me mixing corn bread, our cream corn whatever, this sweet corn bread, whatever.
Speaker 2: This is okay, it's just not my preference.
Speaker 3: Like Mexican, that's not I like Mexican corn bread too. See, I'm not racist like Rick. I'm okay with Mexican cord bread. And I'm not saying it's a foul to make sweet corn bread The only thing that's foul is y'all's attitude about it.
Speaker 2: We'll be back about time.
Speaker 1: Apparently, according to the text sign, people have been noticing this for years.
Speaker 2: Rick thought and there and they're shocked, and.
Speaker 8: We have it.
Speaker 2: You know what you're doing, speedy, don't pay attention. Don't payttention? Have you have you noticed it for years? Straight up?
Speaker 3: He hasn't.
Speaker 2: No, you haven't.
Speaker 3: I told my brother Brady about it probably two years ago. I'm not joking.
Speaker 1: You not a friend, then you're about that one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Told Brady about it, and I just thought it was funny and we got a good laugh at it. Doesn't mean I don't, I don't like you or anything like that.
Speaker 2: And I've noticed something about Adler because he's corrected me on a few things. He's slow to correct.
Speaker 1: He lets it go on for he lets it going for a long time, like when you have that black stuff on your head. No, I'll tell you, yeah, yeah, especially if you've got one hanging. Addler's no help, no, no, no, but he'll go to talk about it. As a matter of fact, when I was starting the Tales from the Campus, my fly was down and Adler didn't tell.
Speaker 2: Me he didn't know.
Speaker 3: I was hoping no one would tell you. I wanted to go on and have it as part of that. That was just for content.
Speaker 6: Though.
Speaker 3: Has it been like you were going to speak in front of people? I would have filmed it.
Speaker 2: That's happened too, Yeah, that has happened. Yeah, Doris went, well, all right, stop and get back to me. Yeah, we will. I hear it is. You found it right, and this is great. I'm shot you missed this because it's not real.
Speaker 3: Here. This is not the best example, but it's just a quick, quick example.
Speaker 2: And this is from your channel. Yes, okay, okay, yeah, right, and.
Speaker 7: So uh, let me ask a question with something covered. Yesterday, I was in and out being up in Huntsville doing the thing, the thing, the thing.
Speaker 3: It's the same sound, the.
Speaker 2: Thing, the thing. He comes with the thing, the thing, not the thing.
Speaker 3: And think about it.
Speaker 1: I don't say I had to think about it, and I had to. You had to think about the thing.
Speaker 3: It's he it's like his th h can only do one sound. But that's fine.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm right here, I'm right here.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a good text.
Speaker 2: I have experienced all those.
Speaker 11: Except except for four is not true, but one two and three is not true, but one two and four true.
Speaker 2: Don't read it, Greg, because we get a text from you, do do not read that? Okay, I was really Dad, you shouldn't but it's not considered. But great. Just because somebody gave a green flag doesn't mean we run through. All right? Well, no, thank you for finding you. So if I said that, If I said that, y'all, don't think this one here is antenna? What is going on? I know, Greg? How do you miss this? Buddy? Corporate? Greg? Right, I guess I'm not I'm tested. I'm guessing that. Uh it's not I have a filter or something that I'm not picking it up. Say O, I L for me all? Who all?
Speaker 3: That's u L? Greg, that's you L.
Speaker 2: That's what See.
Speaker 3: We all have stuff we say, we say uniquely. We're just unique.
Speaker 2: That's right, it's just unique. Yes, what is it? I don't know, but let me tell you this. You need to start thinking about it and you'll go. Thank you for telling me.
Speaker 1: Think of the word magnetic, say feel gold.
Speaker 2: I've seen that, don't you deny number four? Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, no, it's not on you. It's just just just a fact. It doesn't mean you're that way. Look, it doesn't mean you're that you're.
Speaker 2: That way and you're going to go to rugg a second. But you know what you think about this, think about this. If people find you to be attracted, that's not what's wrong. That's not the case. That what do you think? I was thinking, thank.
Speaker 3: You so much, thank you for that. You're just a very.
Speaker 2: Thoughtful I'm not a magnet for that. Oh yes you are, Greg, I'm not even the time you've been here, you've seen it. We were talking about. Yeah, the reason I don't know the whole Richard Simmons thing. I don't get that. But that means but how does the.
Speaker 1: Track he hasn't been the only one that he hasn't been the only one.
Speaker 3: Your magnet, But that just means you're cool, you're manly, and guy's want a piece of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, this one, here's the line, and we're stepping over it, and here we go. We're right now. The video.
Speaker 1: I'm not going back, but just make one statement, but the Richard Simmons video is very damaging.
Speaker 10: It.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but y'all act like, but it's nothing. I enjoyed it or I want it's not said yes, does not mean that that's your kind. I would I would just say they have an eye for that straight gun. There it is, and there it is. It is now speed day. Is that they wish you were part of the community. That's all I was.
Speaker 1: I know about the commercial that we won't go back and fix y'all quit tell me about that. I know I said wade garnishment instead of wage.
Speaker 3: Can we fix that? My goodness?
Speaker 2: You know what, They'll start paying attention with what you.
Speaker 3: I asked the tubers, what do I say stupid?
Speaker 2: After you asked the tube? Okay? Where you want?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 2: You go all right and ask in it if you asked me?
Speaker 1: And also, uh, just Adler has made me aware of texture when I dropped letters at the end of words.
Speaker 2: He's made me aware of that. I know that I say school and cool. I don't give you. I don't give you the a.
Speaker 3: You say school and cool. But that's fine too.
Speaker 2: If so what yeah, so what y'all? I had?
Speaker 1: It's who I am and I don't. I don't want speedy speech there. It seems diseaster that he can't say that how he wants to. Oh, y'all going to hate this one another? Hey bird, Oh, speedy hang on.
Speaker 2: Tongue or something.
Speaker 1: Real tough day for y'all for you speedy, hey bird, Hey bird, Hey buddy. I'm from graceful Florida. My girlfriend booked a hotel. Oh this is in Birmingham. No, you're just gonna be uncomfortable for this. pH uh booked a hotel room in Birmingham for a Christian concert at the bj c C at one o'clock this morning. She realized the tickets she bought were actually from Birmingham in the UK. I saw you don't have that in the UK and non refundable. Would With that being said Adler, can you help uh any way that she and her daughter can use when the mats that your dogs continue maybe to uh to sleep in your basement. They're stuck in the wrong Birmingham.
Speaker 2: Oh myn that's sad. Wow, Wow, how do you make it?
Speaker 7: I mean, surely somebody here comes mister sensitive? Uh did they do a third party in the hotel reservation?
Speaker 1: You know what the it would have been when they charged you so many pounds for your ticket? Thank you, Greg, This is this is back to the four x T shirt Greg Greg Solves the problems, doesn't he well, I mean you know what I'm saying that there had to be some flaghand have nothing?
Speaker 2: You picked the wrong Birmingham.
Speaker 3: They can sleep in the van if they need a place to crash.
Speaker 2: And what was the event? Some kind of Christian concert or she thought she thought it was in Birmingham, Alabama. Didn't say what artists? What? What? Do you know what it is? But it's the UK. We probably aren't aware of it because I don't know who's playing in the UK. If you nothing, fat fat is awful. H Tadler. That sounds like.
Speaker 3: Trying to see that. Yeah, that's correct, but that's the only see that's buty.
Speaker 8: Just you.
Speaker 2: You just worry about your sunburn and get some that vinegar and put it on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: That the Thanksgiving, that's what you do. A tall Yes, it's fine, it's fine, we can we can move on.
Speaker 2: It's fine. I mean thirty minutes later, it's fine.
Speaker 3: You admit you have a problem. We can move on now.
Speaker 1: Caution we could be tampering the memories here. Caution, caution. I didn't even know about this till I saw the stories available to us today. Did you, well, I know speedy and that or no, because they made sure we have this today. But Greg, baby brother, did you know that there is a naked gun reboot?
Speaker 2: No? I did not. How you're gonna do that without Leslie Nielson? Are you okay with Liam Neeson in that role?
Speaker 1: I'm he's the funny guy normally saving somebody that's been kidnapped.
Speaker 2: How many movies is he to rescue people?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we just watch your kids.
Speaker 1: We got three takens and then and then there's some other things on the airplanes gotta save it.
Speaker 3: How many times is that kid gonna get took?
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, I think i'd lock her up. Listen, let me tell you the naked gun. You can't Tampa with that. This is a sine he was nobody can be this the whole.
Speaker 1: Baseball scene when he was up and he got the moon walk in, then he smoked out and sang the national anthem and did no wordsgs and and Lim Neeson.
Speaker 2: I don't see, all right, we got a trailer out. We got a trailer.
Speaker 3: It starts out all serious. I kind of just screened it a little bit. I don't know if we can play all of it or whatever, but it starts out you think it's a serious movie. And uh yeah, swat team's rolling up on a bank robbery.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, okay, oh no, a bank robbery standing on the counter.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 9: Hey little girl stop.
Speaker 3: A little girl goes in the bank.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're just walking in. What do you want, little one?
Speaker 3: And then the girl takes off her mask. Your your your booty is what the little girl wants. And then now Liam Neeson was the girl and now he's he's attacking the bank robbers and all this and uh, lots of action.
Speaker 1: It seems lots of action. But I mean this looks almost like he I think.
Speaker 3: But it'll be funny action. I think, almost fine Apple Express style. And now they do actually address Liam, uh not Liam Leslie Nielsen. Wow, that's okay, that's close. And it looks like Leslie Nielsen is Liam Neeson's dad who has passed away. And they and it looks like the rest of the crew that were in those old ones have also passed away. Because you're gonna see all the sons, Greg, they're gonna touch on the OJ. Yes, here's the here's the final scene series. You've got Liam Neeson looking at a picture of his dad who has passed away Leslie Nielsen. Then there's gonna be the rest of the crew, also looking at their dads. And then the last person is going to be O J's son evidently looking at his dad.
Speaker 2: It's me that's funny, and then shakes his head yes, yes, yeah, And plus he was the Richard Dwell.
Speaker 3: Yes, good y'all.
Speaker 1: Greg, I feel so out of place when y'all talk Cobra Kai looks like the three of you go off and just leave me standing.
Speaker 2: I never watched it either, I love you don't do it?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a speedy and greg thing it is. Do you feel like we're on the outside looking in when they started that y'all fault.
Speaker 3: And evidently it's over. So I'm never gonna watch it because it's evidently.
Speaker 2: Over where you can started the first season.
Speaker 3: You'd wreck it like you wrecked Sons of Anarchy for me, Greg, remember that I did four seasons in.
Speaker 6: You're like the.
Speaker 3: Wrecked it for me. I even keep watching it.
Speaker 2: Why do y'all do that? The Burgess boys?
Speaker 1: Well, I believe in giving people ample time, and then I think it's free range. Good point, but you you I was a little early on the Sun's that archy I should have said, so you do regret.
Speaker 3: That, Greg, he was the biggest spoiler of all time. Oh don't you hate it?
Speaker 1: When how about at the very end wrecked it?
Speaker 3: You can't more than that?
Speaker 2: It's like, I'm so you stop watching you. I thought you were already past that point.
Speaker 1: Leslie Nilsen when he first appeared on the screen in My Life of course was airplane, Yes, yes, and then when they developed naked gun off of that in that, in that because he was riding the same.
Speaker 2: Guy he was, and he played so straight, so good, perfect.
Speaker 1: So I guess what we would think if you know the neckad gun story. This Liam Neeson is his mama Lisa ma repressing.
Speaker 3: I guess so not.
Speaker 2: But I wonder Frank, because Frank was Silla he did ye boy, you remember he gave her a compliment. I was I was not going to go down that road. But she had a stuffed animal and he thought it was.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: Everybody everybody saw it. Everybody we got to go to break earlier. He's say it every founded bad, but it wasn't we know the joke? Okay, we got it.
Speaker 3: I found the scene.
Speaker 2: Talking about an animal. This waste every one of us are fully aware of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I knew the minute I said so this child would be theirs.
Speaker 2: I should have never said, but I guess that's what made you say, La Marie.
Speaker 1: They did the big press conference they were having, and he got them, went to the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Didn't notice that that is so?
Speaker 1: But remember you mad the first time you ever heard that kind of humor though in airplay when they said they said, we're gonna we're gonna need to note for the hospital hospital what is it?
Speaker 2: Well, it's a place where people are sick and there's a lot of roots.
Speaker 3: Surely you can't be serious.
Speaker 2: I loved it.
Speaker 3: There you go, But that slaps humor. It's just fun, stupid humor. It's just said, great time check it out a new one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I might as well. The box seats are arriving. It's top of the hour. We'll be right back.
Speaker 8: This is the Rick Burgess showed.
Speaker 1: Have you dropped mama's name and all the information we need for make Mama smile again? When I see you smile, Sometimes Mama doesn't smile.
Speaker 2: You know why?
Speaker 1: Self conscious better grille Mama. Mama's got some teeth issues. We've known it. Okay, but maybe we can help mama out. She's always sacrificing for others. She does everything for us. Right, let's have her smile again. Go there to the contest button top of the page and bottom of the page. Rickburgesshow dot com a seventeen thousand dollars dental makeover from our friend to Dudney and all the team there at Team duddey. Uh so follow the instructions. You got till April the thirtieth to get that in yep. So don't don't let that get away from me. Easy, easy, easy, easy, Okay. Let's talk about Canada. And I know we were all the major things going on. Oh no, we're doing tariffs. Everybody's mad at us. Trump's like, look, we've been in bad deals. We got to get better deals. I was, I was laughing. I can't we can't play the clip because there there is an off color word in it. But I saw a pretty funny comedian talking about what you're gonna hear the Prime Minister say is he said that. He said, Canada has one of the strongest borders in the entire world. It's called the United States of America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we protect them, right, he says, uh in he was basically doing where a little upset right now, don't don't be talking to us when really y'all sleep every night. Now we're getting to a few good men under a lot of peace that we provide. We only anybody talk crap about y'all because they have.
Speaker 1: To deal with us. We are your border. And so just say thank you. Yeah, just say thank you. The new Prime Minister of Canada, uh, we're we're going to see him kind of backtrack a little bit on big talk about America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was a big man at first. Hey, I'm big man.
Speaker 1: Then he realized, as we've covered many times, our flag literally has a leaf on it. So so now he's going to talk a little more.
Speaker 2: He was asked the question.
Speaker 1: He was asked the question, and you're going to hear a little different tone and attitude now.
Speaker 2: So here we go.
Speaker 3: You said previously that the relationship that Canada had with the United States is now over. Is the US still our ally?
Speaker 2: The US? Absolutely?
Speaker 10: Look, the US is absolutely our ally. It's our la and security and defense partnerships. It's it's our most important security ally. For example, it's ill even with these tariffs are the largest trading park.
Speaker 1: So that's one of those things that you're talking big and all of a sudden, the person you're talking about walks into the room.
Speaker 2: Hey, tell him what you were telling us a minute ago and so and do you remember I had that happen.
Speaker 1: Actually, one time somebody was was wailing on me pretty good and didn't know the person they were talking to.
Speaker 2: How close friends we were.
Speaker 1: Oh, and the friend of mine I'm not gonna name the people picked up the phone while he's talking.
Speaker 2: Dolls.
Speaker 1: I pick up and I'll say, hey, man, he's hang on a minute. Somebody wants to talk to you. And all of a sudden he tells the guys said, yeah, I got Rick on the line right now. Once you tell him what you just told me.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 1: It's a little different when you talk person to person. But this reminds me is they're starting to realize and we all remember this. I don't know if I ever I played a little ball. I don't know if I've ever mentioned that we brought that back. I had no but all kidding aside, do you remember and you've seen many examples of this, and I've seen it happen don't upset the offensive line. If you're the quarterback, don't start talking down to them, because.
Speaker 2: You know what they can do.
Speaker 1: They can just step aside and say, defensive line, go get him. And you don't upset the offensive line. You take them out to dinner. You you don't say bad leck you ever. And I've seen points where a quarterback got a little full of himself and suddenly.
Speaker 2: That guard doesn't block real hard at all. Uh. And the and that.
Speaker 1: Quarterback has hit a few times and he comes back and says, hey, I take it all back. Okay, sorry I flirted with your girlfriend. I'll back track on.
Speaker 2: That a little bit pretty detailed there. Well the so.
Speaker 1: Uh but you know you you can, you can. You don't mess up the people that protect you. And I think somebody went to the Prime minister.
Speaker 2: Hey, big talk.
Speaker 1: We're nothing without them, Okay, we have no ability to defend ourselves.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know, we love to brag about That's what this comedian is talking about. I love how they brag how they don't use the military. Were of course you don't. You got us right, You.
Speaker 3: Got the blanket of the United States to pull up around your neck as you lay in bed.
Speaker 2: At night, right right, and that fantastic.
Speaker 7: You think somebody maybe pulled them aside too and said, they know I'm the terraced thing. Really, I mean, they're only doing it, gonna do half back back to us so we have a better deal.
Speaker 2: It's really not a bad deal. What are you doing? Well, we really do take advantage of the USA.
Speaker 1: It goes back to you get down to this point where you go, hey, uh, I know, let's just describe a figure, an easy figure. At one time you paid us one thousand dollars. Uh, and you're still willing to pay us five hundred. And and when you walk away, you went from a thousand to zero as opposed to a thousand to five hundred.
Speaker 2: Still good to get to five hundred. Yeah, okay, don't don't blow it all. And I think I think they went to him and said that, hey, you're blowing it. Yep. You know, we still get half of what we always got from them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they buy a bunch of our stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and half of all they buy is better than one hundred percent of zero.
Speaker 3: And talking about tariffs, there was we played that club yesterday of Trump holding up the graph that I've got up behind their again, there was a lot of blowback and criticism about this graph because they're saying China. On this graph it shows China has a sixty seven percent tariff charge to the United States, and people are saying that's not accurate, that's not true. They don't charge us as sixty seven percent tariff. But if you look, which is correct, it's not the official tariff. But if you look, Trump's chart says tariff's charge to the USA including currency manipulation and trade barriers.
Speaker 2: This is all there.
Speaker 3: So this is that was factored into this percentage of the tariffs quote unquote other countries are charging us and then the half of that that we are then charging them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look there's a formula there that is listed that gives you that percentage.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's not strictly just the tariffs. And but they didn't say it was strictly just the tariffs, as you can see if you read the actual chart.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but so just to clarify we and we mentioned that too yesterday, but some people were not happy about it.
Speaker 2: Where there's people getting they get on you ad or you take a little heat.
Speaker 3: Well, I got a couple of emails, a couple of comments on YouTube. But then other people were complaining as well, Hey, that's not the tariff. You've heard all kinds of things. And I try to listen to everybody on this issue.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: I listened to smart conservative podcasters that love tariffs and smart conservative podcasters that think this is going to be an economic bad decision. So you know, I'm just trying to figure it out. But in Trump's defense, so far, I am liking what I'm seeing. We'll see what happens. It was a rough day on the stock market yesterday, but like you guys said earlier in the show, that stuff kind of happens and you got to let it, let it play out.
Speaker 2: Buy cheap sell Hi, good buying opportunity out there right now.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: Speaking of other countries and how they feel about us, Okay, the Germans are shocked. They're throwing our brit brothers in there with us Germans, you know, the whole German world. I say this all the time. Yeah, just y'all come through an incredible pr battle and and you you you just kind of need to, you know, have you ever got have you've ever got past something? Everybody finally forgot about something you just don't ever want to bring it up again. You just you almost go under the radar. Let's just live our lives, you know, and and some of it goes. I mean, it was ugly. Don't want to hold that against you the rest of your life. But I'd be careful popping off about other people, okay, And when y'all do, because your accent scares us a little bit, we want to know how upset are you?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 2: And I never will forget, you know, have you ever had?
Speaker 1: Because you our wives live around this world, and you have to understand about our wives, as serious as you may think they are, you can never forget on their resume they married us, so something's up. Something's up, Okay, they can't be overly serious. And I'll never forget sometimes when your your your wife just has a good one and you're it's so unexpected because our wives can be quite funny too, And a lot of people don't realize that. Maybe with Leeley you can't because she's been you know, on the air funny before too.
Speaker 2: And and they're all involved in these these especially when Greg's the target. That's every time.
Speaker 1: But I remember we were flying to South Africa, I think, and so you know the halfway jump. It can go either ways. The halfway jump here was Germany. Okay, a little halfway jump. And so when they landed the plane, something was going on and we weren't able to just get off.
Speaker 2: So you hear this, you.
Speaker 1: Will do you plane and we will put you on the bus and we will take you to the terminal.
Speaker 2: And shere looks she goes. The Germans tend you to get on the bus. Gary was uh and uh and and and I was like that's good. Wish you would have said it lower, but that's good. Uh.
Speaker 1: And security guys look, yes, you want to get the aunty bus now.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 1: And it's like, okay, we're on, got it. Germans are shocked that British people and Americans, but mainly Americans, how loud we are. Oh, we're loud people. We may be loud, but we didn't try to take over the world and eradicate a human race. They're pretty loud too, right, Okay, you're loud about that.
Speaker 2: I'll be loud about that.
Speaker 6: We're not loud.
Speaker 1: Okay, we didn't try to take over the world commit genocide. We do bring a lot of volume, we do it, says Brits and and especially Americans, you know, where they're shocked how loud we are in restaurants. Yeah, they're like, wow, uh, this is not something that Germans do between plates clanging, you know. One German said this was culture shocked to me, or said like this, it was quake, a culture shock.
Speaker 2: God. They said it. You will be quiet now you do a German, I can't. But anyway, she said, she said.
Speaker 9: I not this how loud, and restaurants in public transport, I hit the juiciest stories. That's a juicy story you'll.
Speaker 3: Have to have.
Speaker 2: But I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: You know, we said this, We've said this before. We said this, We've said this before in the past. We said it before in the past. But their accent is so scary. It is even when they compliment you, it sounds scary.
Speaker 3: I love your dress, you know it.
Speaker 2: Where did you get those shoes? And uh, here take them?
Speaker 3: But any way, some vingre snits out.
Speaker 2: I'm not bad that kind of good. Not quite as good as.
Speaker 1: That man, get you more watter, But anyway, so she said, uh, that uh the problem with us being so loud and she and she is right.
Speaker 2: She says, everybody, here's your business. We hear your and your family problems. We're here. Tell me when they get on the phone to talk out loud. Oh yeah, that says I talk loud on the phone. I don't like why you hollered. I'm like, I'm not in public.
Speaker 3: I don't like. I don't like restaurants. I feel like everybody's listening to our conversation. I forget Kauiet so.
Speaker 2: Loud in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: But the Germans say when you go to restaurants in Germany that nobody's loud and everybody's talking at a normal time. That's not that's what they said. I'm not saying it's true. It's just sending the story.
Speaker 2: Well, they all whispering, yeah, you gotta talk.
Speaker 8: I would like more so.
Speaker 2: Is that what they do?
Speaker 3: I would like the Schnitzer.
Speaker 8: What did the worry you to get me?
Speaker 2: Marty? I mean, I see that.
Speaker 8: You gotta or please please tell the chef that the struggle was fantastic with the sour cloud.
Speaker 2: I think that was South Africa. I don't know where I went there. Y'all jumping accent like, yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: Dry.
Speaker 1: All you're doing is sound like you're constipated. If you notice it's the same for everything.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about? Listen to this. When we moved to.
Speaker 1: The America, I'll never forget what My husband was trying to cut our minie lawn.
Speaker 2: What look at grass? Takes ten minutes? And the neighbor I was yelling it was scary.
Speaker 3: Why are you yelling?
Speaker 2: You know what I would say, I'll tell you what's scary. Try and take over the world. He said he was cutting the lawn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it said that when they first got a neighborhood, they weren't ready for Americans just come over hollering and yelling, Hey, how you doing?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah? This in here is a Germans nightmare. He's a bit of a Oh my goodness, do you know him? I don't talk of a lotmore.
Speaker 9: He speaks to Greg like we old friends.
Speaker 2: You got to tone down a lot of things. You have a touch over greet, do you me?
Speaker 1: Oh, you'll come in with you're doing when you got Rick German or whatever whatever that is.
Speaker 2: I'm not that I don't know what it is.
Speaker 7: He is loud, though, Yes, a lot of times I'm having to I'm having to work for two and it's a it's a draining because Greg doesn't give anything.
Speaker 2: So can you imagine yesterday the poor guy that pulled up, did you say a word? Well, there were so many of you, all a costant him. I was afraid to so speak.
Speaker 3: You give one hundred and ten percent, Greg, we'll be back.
Speaker 8: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: A couple of things out of the sports world, kind of getting this ready for the Burgess ball battle. And I don't want anybody to say what you think you should say, or protect.
Speaker 2: Somebody that you know that might be involved. Okay.
Speaker 1: I want you to be an honest answer. Okay, And I know your answer, Greg and mine because we barely care about March Madness, barely barely, so there's no way we care about the n i T.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely not. Okay. Did how many teams make it to the regular tournament? Sixty eight sixty nine? Yeah, I don't even know who's You're not even that and you know you play a tournament. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've always thought the n i T was awkward. Yeah, I don't understand it. It's like that they need to let it go.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's like you go to the arch and Craft Steal and there's like one booth that really didn't have much, and you're like, well, these other people got some pretty impressive stuff, and you feel I'll get to kind of go over to it and look at their ratty stuff. I mean, the the n I T. But apparently something big happened. Uh, and Adler, this is the million dollar play ten cent finish?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, so what happens here?
Speaker 3: Blasting you out there? So it is overtime Chattanooga versus uc Irvine. There's two points four seconds left. Chattanooga's up by one. It's eighty five to eighty four. And yes, Rick, this is a million dollar play with unfortunately a ten cent finish.
Speaker 2: Uh the that what does that mean?
Speaker 3: Watch?
Speaker 2: Okay, they're running around thro hell Mary.
Speaker 3: He does catch it.
Speaker 2: He dumps it underneath the shot.
Speaker 8: For the wind.
Speaker 2: They right there too, Bally a layup. Yeah, so they complete not one, but two passes from one end of the court to the other. They pull off the play beautifully.
Speaker 1: Yes, and now the guys just got a sweet shot that's basically a layup and misses it.
Speaker 2: Think of all the execution it took to get him that shot. He throws it all the way down to the top of the key.
Speaker 7: They jump up, get it, throw it under the basket, and it's just a simple time.
Speaker 2: I think he should have gone to the glass, champions, don't you think? I mean stud you? So look here we go.
Speaker 1: He throws it all the way, it goes about three quarters of the way. A guy catch it and shoots it right underneath.
Speaker 2: He should have gone to the glass and you get it off before the.
Speaker 3: Time right now, I think he did, and he missed it. Y'all. Look at the paint on this guy.
Speaker 1: They completed passes to end up right, Yes, I mean in the paint.
Speaker 3: Yes, go to the glass, and because the time starts when the catch is made, not the throw. Am I right about that?
Speaker 5: You are?
Speaker 13: He throws it there, He lets it go with about point point three, so he throws it from one end of the court to the other three point line.
Speaker 2: Yes, he completes that.
Speaker 1: Nobody stops that, and the guy dishes it underneath where his other teammate is standing in the paints lay.
Speaker 2: He didn't use the backboard. He should have. He should have just gone to the glass.
Speaker 3: Maybe Panic didn't. I didn't think he had time. Panic number one ranks. You see, Irvine does not get the win Chattanooga gets the win eighty five eighty.
Speaker 2: Four, You mean the number one seed in the n I T.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're basically number seventy something and Greg there he is to make sure everybody was completely clear about that.
Speaker 2: Congrat It was transferring probably anyway.
Speaker 1: So yeah, all right, So then the next one is out of the world of baseball.
Speaker 2: We now have Speedy's attention. He'll show hey o Tani, yep, what about him the walk off the other night?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is just they're looking good. Hey, he's going to come to the plate, gonna do something incredible.
Speaker 2: On the night of his own m VP bobblehead giveaway.
Speaker 3: When you do.
Speaker 1: This while your babble head's being given away bottom of the night, Yeah, this is it right here.
Speaker 2: Of course, the Braves had a five zero league earlier in.
Speaker 1: The game, and that'll do it, and that will do it to show, Hey, old tiny has won the game with a walk off while it's MVP marblehead night. He's a special player. Can you be happy for him? Speedy ors there's too much braving.
Speaker 2: Just how much his interpreter put on that one.
Speaker 3: He's in jail.
Speaker 2: He's in jail, Is he really He's in a sentence, didn't he I might be wrong on that. I'll jump right on that, man. I mean, oh hush, I mean I think so, Greg, I should say so.
Speaker 1: You can't enjoy that moment, m VP bibblehead walk off home run because it's against the Braves.
Speaker 2: The Braves are oh and seven right now. They went to the West cast twice. It's a long season.
Speaker 7: Now they're back at home tonight if you're listening live and and they host the Marlins. But uh, they were up five to oh in that game and then they kind of still slowly they started coming back and then man, behave. But that guy, if you just look at greatness, he just is.
Speaker 2: He's a real unbelieved We've said it. Adie Freeman reinjured his ankle slipping in the shower. Well, that's good slipping in the shower.
Speaker 3: He's out.
Speaker 2: He's on injury reserve right now.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness. That's horrible.
Speaker 2: By the way, we just had a picture of Admiral.
Speaker 3: Hey, you know what, I'm a millionaire though in that picture you are, I'm worth a million bucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was about to say you may be a million dollar a millionaire right there in that very heavy picture, and that's good news for your family for funeral expenses.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, you're gonna need it because wow, that's ugly right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a couple of things we need to hit before we go. We got people texting emailing, Hey, y'all hear about the college baseball game that ended after one pitch? And why yes, Speedy actually informed all of us about that before the show ever started today.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and it's it's something that happened last week, but Liberty Baseball and Jacksonville State were playing Conference USA and on last Saturday's game, Liberty was forced to forfeit the baseball game after just one pitch, and they forfeited the game after accidentally leaving the starting pitcher off the roster that was submitted for the double header against Jacksonville State. Jack State Ben Blair was the starter. He was designated as the first game starter of the doubleheader, but the twenty seven man roster that was submitted he wasn't on, so after the first pitch, Jacksonville State alerted the umpire of the problem and after looking into it, it was correct that he wasn't on the twenty seven man roster, so they had to forfeit the game and the score on a forfeit.
Speaker 2: Is nine to nothing. So Jack State won nine nothing and went on to win Game two. But how about that a clerical error? You leave off your starting pitcher on the twenty six Normally on a Friday before the series, the head coach or whoever it is the staff looks at the twenty seven man roster and who they're facing. It could be the starting lineups, the pictures and the kind of and they realized before the game when doing our homework, this guy is not on the twenty seven man roster. So when he took that the mound through the first pitch, of course, Liberty just overlooked it.
Speaker 7: They knew he was there. They didn't bring anybody illegally, they just didn't, you know. And a lot of times, a lot of times, your twenty seven man roster is pretty solidified, but you know, you've got guys competing in injury, so sometimes the twenty seven man roster fluctuates a little bit. So it's posted every week on who they're bringing or who's playing, who's going to be in the dugout, and they.
Speaker 2: Left them off. Wow, forfeit? Am I saying that weird too?
Speaker 1: Can say, look, we're under extream pronunciation script right now, looking for the latest thing for us to attack.
Speaker 7: Weird, Yeah, that's why I look. Yeah, I think they're having fun. This other one I got, I got some more.
Speaker 2: Here we go, there we go. Here's an audio clips. What we think?
Speaker 1: Here comes an audio clip, and we have to try to figure out what's going on with this audio clip. Okay, and this one speeding concentrate when you're when you're ready, everybody paying attention.
Speaker 2: This installmentable I think is going on. Well, you ain't going right here? Here we go.
Speaker 6: Show me your hands, that's fine. Just hold your chicken.
Speaker 1: That sounds like some might being arrested, and said, show me your hands with this chicken, and I don't.
Speaker 2: Again and listen to the NAT sound and everything.
Speaker 6: Just tell us show me your hands. That's fine. Just hold your chicken.
Speaker 2: I mean your chicken.
Speaker 3: Bad advice.
Speaker 1: Y'all need more that somebody is getting arrested or or something. Okay, but I don't know how the chicken comes into play.
Speaker 2: All right, do we want to know? Do we want to know? Please? You want more? Give me a little after that. Okay, I'm not going to hurt your chicken anymore. So hold your chicken. We're not going to hurt your chicken. So there's concern, and then break the law into the hold it. I've never I've never wished so well, I want to use that word.
Speaker 1: I'm really wishing this. I'm hoping. This is an animal story human.
Speaker 2: The whole way we got it was a little bit more. Okay, stand up. He's saying, don't hurt my chicken please a cry voice. Is the man taking the chicken? Is he abducted his chi chicken? Chick? We got a chicken hostage. He stole the chicken.
Speaker 1: Now they're confronting him about it, and they won't see his hands, but he won't. No, he's gonna do with his chicken and he don't want them to hurt. Well, if he's his chicken, how he's stealing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's just.
Speaker 6: You put the chicken in.
Speaker 2: Here for a second.
Speaker 1: Man in Washington, Okay, was arrested after he stole his exes pet chicken.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 7: He allegedly screamed, I've got Polly before running away.
Speaker 2: With that's the chicken's The chicken's named Polly.
Speaker 1: The back and forth was a police approaching the man after he stole.
Speaker 2: The chicken, apparently named Polly, and.
Speaker 7: He was concerned the officer was gonna hurt his pet chicken.
Speaker 1: All right, so wait a minute. So this is a bad breakup and Polly's in the middle of it.
Speaker 2: The chicken. We're bringing the child the chicken. Yeah, we're breaking up, but I'm taking Polly with him. I got Polly and he broke in the house. Let me teast something you got I got Polly?
Speaker 1: Let supposed to do with his chicken footageler, Yeah, oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: You news package, give me your chicken.
Speaker 5: I scrub the chicken in a back door and shouting I've got Polly several times before running away with the chicken that was inside the house in the.
Speaker 3: Woodsy and the chicken guy.
Speaker 5: After a search, deputies located the man hiding in a wooded area on JM. Dickinson Roads. He was still clutching the chicken as he was taken into custody.
Speaker 6: Have you put the chicken in here?
Speaker 5: Place the chicken a patrol unit before booking him on charges of residential burglary and violating an order of protection. Casey s O Jail records showed the fifty year old man had been released from custody that morning, just two and a half hours.
Speaker 2: Before the inside he was after his arrest.
Speaker 5: Paulie the chicken, who was unharmed, was returned to her family.
Speaker 2: Courtesy of The New York Post. So he grabs Pollie, Uh, hides in the woods. Did you see the how thick the woods? Oh? Yeah? What about him drawing down a pistol on him? Yeah? Well, letting go of the chicken? Okay, wow, man, that was a good one.
Speaker 6: Heads, that's fine. Just hold your chicken.
Speaker 2: That's those instructions.
Speaker 3: I wonder cuffs the chicken.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now, nobody's added attached to a chicken.
Speaker 2: They don't enter like dogs. Well, where we're from, there's no way this man's mind wouldn't what not be like it's supposed to be. Yeah, he's holding a chicken.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you that if your relationship is built so heavily on the chicken, it's it's already got problems. Yeah, Polly can't. Polly can't tell that kind of brown.
Speaker 6: I can hurt your chicken.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to hurt your chicken.
Speaker 1: While arrested, Greg, his former girlfriend, said she cannot commit to.
Speaker 2: The Polly may be suffered or not. Oh man, oh if Polly could talk. Wow that was fun. Wow Wow Wow, what a way to wrap it up. Thank you America.
Speaker 1: Good find out everything you could possibly ever want to know at Rick Burgessshow dot com.
Speaker 8: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Hey, Rick, here, you made it to the weekend. Greg Speedy, Adler and I all return Monday for a brand new edition of The Rick Burgess Show. Enjoy the weekend. We'll break down the stories within the show and around the world on a brand new edition of The Rick Burgess Show Monday. Right here, you just heard the daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show. Catch the entire show wherever you podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show on Blaze Tv.