Speaker 1: You're tuned into Heat Check with Trystal Quick. On this episode of the Heat Check, we made it, baby.
Speaker 2: It is the final week of the NBA season, can you believe it? And there is still chaos in the streets of the Western Conference.
Speaker 1: We're gonna break.
Speaker 2: Down that as well as all the news that's fit to use for you, ranging to a recap of the playoff situation, to Lebron opening up the Starbucks, to an appreciation of our man Walker Kessler, the new White, Rudy Gobert, lots in between.
Speaker 1: So, Nick, do me a favor.
Speaker 2: Drop that generic ass royalty free should be Rihanna asbyat. I know we just did a playoff picture on the Western Conference last week, but that's how much it changes. So if you're not pulling up the NBA standings on a day to day basis, and you don't are not aware of how the tie breakers, what games are coming up, let me help you out. We got to continue to go through it because right now there is a wildly tight race for the five and six spot in the West that is between the Clippers, Lakers, and the Warriors. One of those three teams will be in the plan. If you recall These are the two spots above the playing tournament and the ones that guarantees you a winnable best of seven series against the three in the four seeds got it with just a handful of games to go. We have no clarity. Zero Warriors currently tumbling down the standings.
Speaker 1: Man, they suck right now, are dubs? What is going on?
Speaker 2: They threw up all over themselves on Sunday against Denver without Jokic. They were giving you that game. They gave it to you, and what did you do? You found a way to Dennis shrewder it. Fumble the bag, baby, fumble the bag. Could not must up the strength to win a game that was given to you like the championship caliber team that you're supposed to be.
Speaker 1: Clay blew two open looks in.
Speaker 2: The final five seconds to win the game against the Nuggets, and now they pretty much gotta win every single game left in order to avoid that playing spot. Lakers, somehow, some way control their fate. They have an equal amount of losses of the Clippers and the Warriors, but one less game played. So Wednesday, which is today, is a collision. Well it should be today, and we're recording this Monday, but it is today for you is a collision course between the Clippers and the Lakers at the crypt. Winner one hundred percent makes the top six one hundred percent with just a couple of games to go. Loser potentially drops into the play in tournament, although given how bad the Warriors have been and their schedule and how many games are left, probably not as likely.
Speaker 1: Very confusing in these streets. Here's what we know.
Speaker 2: Lakers currently hold the tie break over the Warriors. The Clippers currently hold the tiebreak over the Lakers.
Speaker 1: The Wolves, why are they involved? I don't know.
Speaker 2: They hold the tiebreaker over the Lakers, but then what do they do? They suffer the worst loss in thirty years. That was the largest line, the largest favorites that we have seen.
Speaker 1: Since nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 2: Nineteen ninety three, they were nineteen and a half point favorites at the crib to my egregiously tanking Portland Trailblazers, where again they are load managing trendon Watford. And you know what, somehow found a way to lose that game, which means that if the Warriors, Clippers, and Lakers all finish forty three and thirty nine, which given how many games are left to go the teams that they play against.
Speaker 1: That kind of is what it looks like.
Speaker 2: That would mean that the Clippers would get the five spot, the Lakers would get a sixth spot, and the Warriors would our Dubs would be in the playing tournament at seven. In fact, given the fact that the Clippers play the Lakers, the Warriors must win every single game that they have left to avoid the inevitability of finishing in the seventh spot, unless the Lakers were to do something like loose twice to the Utah Jazz, who are also egregiously tanking, which I don't think is gonna happen, but listen, look at the Wolves.
Speaker 1: Anything's possible, so.
Speaker 2: Damn complicated, And technically the Suns who are currently locked up on the fourth spot, not mathematically at this very second, but really it is. There's four games left. There are four games behind the Kings. They decide who is the five seed because they play the Lakers and the Clippers before this whole thing ends.
Speaker 1: They could either.
Speaker 2: Sit out stars let that team beat them, or that they could treat that game as a playoff game like against the Lakers. If I'm the Suns, I do not want to play Lakers the first no shot. I would much prefer to play the Clippers without Paul George. Let Kawhi and Nick Batoom do their very best. See how that thing shakes up. Here's another little wrinkle in the playoff picture. The Dallas Mavericks must be listening to the heat check because after their dismal overtime loss to the Atlanta Hawks, where JaVale McGee had two free throws at the end of the game in order to win it, decides to only make one free throw and they go to overtime. They lose to the Atlanta Hawks, who are awful. They are now down to the eleventh spot in the West, and rumor has it they are going to shut down Luca and shut down Kyrie for the rest of the year, trying to get a top ten spot in the NBA Draft, and deciding they are going to take themselves out of playoff consideration altogether. That in the West only impacts the Kings, who only need one more game to win in order for them to win the division and seal up the three spot. My ideal matchup, my ideal ratings matchup one eight. I want to see Denver play the Pelicans. So you've got Zion versus k that's a fascinating matchup. You've got Brandon Ingram against Michael Porter Junior amazing. You've got Jamal Murray against CJ.
Speaker 1: McCullum. You got Aaron Gordon being.
Speaker 2: Defended by Skinny ass Rangey amazing defender, Herb Jones. Fun matchup, fun watch out Nuggets two seven, Warriors Grizzlies.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, oh my, I need it. I need it so bad.
Speaker 2: Jaw and Dylan Brooks and Jaron Jackson chirp and Clay Chirping. I mean the energy, the emotion, the aggression that is top tier first round matchup, top tier Clippers versus the Kings three six, I mean, I just want that.
Speaker 1: I just want it personally.
Speaker 2: I want to go down to Lac the Crypt without worrying about the Kings having to face the Lakers.
Speaker 1: It's a good matchup.
Speaker 2: They have no Paul George's the King's Best show in order to win a first round series and continue to advance. And then four to five Suns Lakers, Oh boy fireworks, Lebron James against Chris Paul Banana, Boat Brothers facing off against one another. Anthony Davis trying to soun DeAndre Ayton Kevin.
Speaker 1: Durant now in the mix. Do you remember the last time these two teams.
Speaker 2: Play Anthony Davis sprained his ankle, Lebron James got hurt in the Sun's advanced and then ended up in the finals. This is it, folks, Oh my god, this is the best stretch of final regular season games we've ever had in life. In life because the play in tournament. That's why I didn't like it at first, But I tell you what, it does make this very intriguing and out East a lot more clarity, a lot more boredom, Let's be honest, not much things that are fun going out in the East. The one thing that we know for sure is that the are gonna play the Calves in the first round. Incredible matchup one, two, three seeds, Bocks, Celtics sixers. They don't care who they play, doesn't really matter. You can play uh, I don't know Heat. You can play the Raptors, you can play the Hawks, you can play the Bulls.
Speaker 1: Who cares.
Speaker 2: None of them pose any real threats to them in that first round. We know those three teams are going to advance further doesn't matter. Zero drama, and the Nets aren't gonna beat the Sixers unless Embeid goes down, So zero drama.
Speaker 1: Who makes it out of the plane in the East Do I care?
Speaker 2: No? I give zero fucks why because they're all trash vomit.
Speaker 1: Some really sad news out of Utah. Apparently they are.
Speaker 2: Jazz are reportedly shutting down rookie center Walker Kessler. Nobody saw that coming, but there are legit people out there whose business it is to write about the NBA believe that the Utah Jazz won the Rudy go Bear trade, not just because of the bonkers amount of first round picks that they landed from Minnesota or the young players that they got, but because Kessler, they believe, is already better or as good as Rudy at one tenth of the price. People are legitimately saying that they would not trade Walker Kessler for Rudy Gobert straight up right now. That's how much of a fleecing Danny Ainge put on r Man. Tim Connolly shame. Tim Connolly shame probably should not surprise anyone. He was a beast at auburn seven feet one, seven foot five wingspan nine feet five inches standing reach.
Speaker 1: That's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: He had one of the highest block rates in college basketball history ten blocks per hundred possessions. Jesus Christ, that seems like a made up stat. That's a Kenyan Martin stat.
Speaker 1: It is not.
Speaker 2: I promise you it is not a fake stat. Some scouts thought that this was the steel of the draft, considering his stats, his size, his upside, and the wild thing.
Speaker 1: He did not lose a step.
Speaker 2: Converting to the NBA in Utah, his seventy two percent fiogal percentage this year is the best in the NBA. He won't win the title because he's a few shots short of the minimum amount of shots to the quality and one of the highest ever by a rookie. He's also averaging an incredible two point three blocks per game on twenty three minutes per night.
Speaker 1: Let me say that again.
Speaker 2: Walker Kessler currently averaging two point three blocks per game all.
Speaker 1: Nor only twenty three minutes per night.
Speaker 2: Last twelve games, he averaged thirteen ten and two with three blocks and less than one turnover in twenty eight minutes of playtime.
Speaker 1: So pretty damn good.
Speaker 2: I'd say, not really fair to call Walker Kesler a replacement per go Beart because they do different things. But in reality, oh my god, he's just so much cheaper for a center and thus so much more valuable to a team that's rebuilding than Rudy Gobert could ever be. Honestly, keeping Rudy Gobert would have been bad for the Utah Jazz. You don't want to build around him with all these young guys and him making forty plus million dollars a year.
Speaker 1: No shot.
Speaker 2: What Danny Angel will Hardy have accomplished in Utah in their very first year, I think is gonna go down as one of the more remarkable transformations. In many years, the Utah Jazz were filled with oldies, guys who could not play defense, no athletes outside of Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert, who by the way, hated each other, and both were making thirty plus million dollars per year, and they had no real ability to get out.
Speaker 1: From under that.
Speaker 2: And now all of a sudden, they have this quote unquote conscious decision to tank, and they've got young guys like oshayok Baji and Lori Markinen and Walker Kessler and and a bajillion draft picks do not Forget blocker Kessler.
Speaker 1: That's what we're calling them now, Blocker Kessler.
Speaker 2: Who is going to be swatting shots in Salt Lake City for a long time, even though he is shut down for the next three games, because let's be honest, Utah was always going to avoid being in the play in tournament or the playoffs. Oh boy, So I love the coaching care ofself. It's one of my favorite things about the NBA, is really that kind of level of chaos and happening before the carnival is even over yet. I'm not talking about em Udoka rumors to Houston either, which have him linked to Houston for the last couple of weeks. I am talking about one of the most respected names in the NBA, widely considered a top five coach in the league and one of the best coaches in history. Probably what he did for the twenty nineteen Toronto Raptors with Kawhi Leonard pretty remarkable. Nick Nurse, this was a little bit of a shit show over year. We interviewed him before the season started. It was a lot of hearts and flowers. Well, everybody thought this team was gonna be pretty good. Pascal Siakam had a career year. Ojan Andobi was really good, Fred van Fleet was really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Gary Trent Junior not so much.
Speaker 2: But listen, did anybody think that there would be this much dysfunction to the point where people are starting to check in on Nick's status for the following few years while he's sitting there under contract.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: No, it went off the rails really before it ever started. So they had a weak start. You had injuries to Pascal Siakam, you had injuries to Scottie Barnes, you had injuries to Ojan Andobi, and that pretty much set them back and they've been scrambling ever since, hovering around the five hundred mark. As the struggles deepened, grumblings about unhappy players started to arise make their way out of Toronto, which is a very hushog organization by the way, So when rumors start to get out, you know it's not good. Og Nnnobi Siakam, Fred Van Fleet, even Scottie Barnes at times seemed to have tuned Nick Nurse out. After bad loss after bad loss started to stack up, and also what was going on in the trade deadline. Every player was rumored to be on the chopping block and for the first time ever after trading No. One and trading for Yaku Birtle, Nick Nurse may possibly be on the hot seat, which some of these NBA insiders have predicted since the offseason. I might imagine shout out to Jake Fisher, who did see this coming.
Speaker 1: For the first time in Nick Nurse's career as.
Speaker 2: An NBA head coach, He's had to address these rumors. Let's just say, after hearing what he said last night, I'm not so sure he's going to be around.
Speaker 1: There for a long Here's what he said.
Speaker 3: I think when this season gets done, you know, we'll evaluate everything and even personally, like I'm gonna take a few weeks to see where I'm at, you know, like you said, where's my head at, and just see how the relationship with the organization is and everything. It's been ten years for me now, which is a pretty good run. Right now, my head is to get this and make this as long as season as possible. This team needs playoff experience, right So that is where I'm at right now. More about that, if you, for whatever the reason, you might not be better here. No, I think that I'm concentrated on this job. For sure, and this game essentially. But I think that heading ten years is a good time to sit back and reflect a little bit, right, So I think that's where we're going to do that all when the season ends.
Speaker 2: Doesn't it sound like there's a possibility when when you hear someone say ten years is a good time to sit back and reflect.
Speaker 1: Oh, they're already reflecting. Maybe they are already starting to get.
Speaker 2: Their tickets to Cancun or Cabo or whatever they're gonna do some thinking, some deep thought, maybe a monastery in Quebec.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: He has one year left on his deal, has not been offered an extension yet that we know about, and damn it looks like his five years as Dwayne Casey's assistant in five years as head coach in Toronto just might be coming to a close. Eric Kareen of The Athletic some of the best when he wrote this, In no way is Nurse the primary problem with the Raptors. However, when a coach calls out his team effort and energy as many times as he has this year and the results continue to be fairly poor, it's clear something is wrong. Really, many things are wrong, barring a surprisingly positive end of this Raptor season, A coaching scene change seems more likely than not.
Speaker 1: God damn sheesh. I love some Nick Nurse.
Speaker 2: I do. He's one of my all time favorite coaches and people in the league. Very insightful, as you can see even from his interview, very thoughtful. People have linked him to Houston. But I tell you what, if you don't want to coach in Toronto because young guys are doing dumb shit and they're tuning you out, I promise you you don't have the energy for Houston, my guy, No, you don't. You don't have any We talk about bad roads, six lane highways, back to back traffic. You go from Toronto, Canada, one of the most progressive cities in the NBA, to a full blown red state with crazy traffic and young guys who just want to chuck all day like AAU players. Fuck No, absolutely, fucking not one thing is for sure.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 2: If he wants to coach, cheeky coach, he's not gonna be out out of a job for long. Probably would win another chip again. Just not in Toronto, baby, just not in Toronto. Oh, let's move on to Lebron James. There's a cute story. This is really sweet. I saw this and I said, we got to talk about this on the show. Lebron James just opened a Starbucks. That's not really news in itself. I'm sure he has lots of businesses. I think he owns a Blaze Pizza and Los Angeles as well. He has a ton of fingers and a ton of businesses. Most of them are pretty damn successful. So why is this Starbucks story news? Because he opened it in Akron, Ohio, his hometown. And not only did he open in the Starbucks in Akron, it's being opened in a part of town where Starbucks never ever ever open the hood. You ever go to the hood and see a Starbucks. You ever go to the hood and see a Whole Foods? Fuck no, that's kind of like the correlating factor. No Starbucks around, Get out, move on, Like, if you're a newcomer, your tourist, don't be in that neighborhood. This is not a suburb, it's not a gentrified part of downtown. It is across the street from two boarded up buildings. So why did Lebron James open it here? If you have to ask, you probably don't know. Lebron James well enough. The simple answer is because Lebron James wants to transform his hometown. The truth is, the simple answer is that he loves his hometown and he wants to build. The more complex answer is because Lebron James thinks that these people deserve a Starbucks. I'm not gonna make fun of the fact that it is like a very whitey like piece of luxury. Like there's more important things probably to open up in the hood. I remember I did a piece in Atlanta and they said, uh, and I'm not banging on Lebron James for doing this. I think it's great and we'll get to it. But there's a side road I didn't anticipate. I remember I did a piece in Atlanta about gentrification near the Mercedes Benz Stadium, and they said, when when white people give their advice on how we fix our neighborhood, they always say a coffee shop, and really what we need is a laundromat and like a place where you can get money to be loan until your next paycheck.
Speaker 1: So I didn't think it's like a little funny anyway.
Speaker 2: That's just that's just honestly a side note because there's more to it than the Starbucks. More importantly, it's two blocks down from where the I Promise school was that he opened, which if you don't know about that, we've done pieces on it. It's incredible job training, school training, job training for the parents of the kids who go to the school. But there are forty six workers that are not being paid just an hourly salary. But at this Starbucks also earning valuable job training certificates for the hospitality industry. So it's basically like a vocational technical credit for working at Starbucks.
Speaker 1: Who doesn't want to be a baristaet.
Speaker 2: The fuck out of a hood, just go to another Starbucks somewhere else. Anyway, typical Lebron James, not looking to just create jobs but also create careers. You can make fun of him first corny takes. You can make fun of them for lying incessively about things that are very easy to disprove. But I don't know if anyone in the league does more good with his money than Lebron. The building the houses the Starbucks is also going to become a complex by twenty twenty four, containing a sports bar, a wine room, even a Lebron James museum with a full sized recreation of his spring Hill apartment at six oh two where he grew up in Akron with his mom. It's going to have an ice cream shop, a clothing store, and a concert venue, and of course, because Lebron James loves himself some taco Tuesdays, there's always also going to be a taco shop only open on Tuesdays. Just kidding.
Speaker 1: This is not groundbreaking news, especially.
Speaker 2: You know, for people who see these sort of developments go up, but it is pretty groundbreaking if you live in Akron. These sort of multi use places being built in a neighborhood that's not really being shepherded or invested in is going to create long lasting change. Lebron James did this in parts of downtown Cleveland when he was a member of the Cleveland Cavaliers. Multiple juice bars that he opened, more white and more white tea things, really fitness studios.
Speaker 1: But it worked.
Speaker 2: It worked lots of players to talk about giving back, which to most players means just hosting a basketball camp, giving away some t shirts, giving away some shoes. But he is literally rebuilding his town brick by brick. I would not be surprised if Lebron James opened up for Lebron James Apartments, Lebron James Apartment Complex. Lebron James already has a school, He's got a Starbucks, he's got an ice cream store, he's got a taco shop. We're gonna keep an eye on this. One day down the road. I'm gonna have to come visit. All right, Let's move on to something that's not really news, but I want to talk about it anyway. Who, if you had to guess, is the least popular NBA coach of all time. If you give an answer to anyone other than George Carl, you are wrong. He has probably the most dislike coach in NBA history. That's not a hyperbole, that is fact. Do not take my word for it. Ask our guy JR.
Speaker 1: Smith. This is what he had to say about his time playing in Denver. He said, how do I put this?
Speaker 2: George Carl wasn't the coach I thought he was when I first got there.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking he's a player's coach. I didn't even know him.
Speaker 2: By the time I was gone, I was like, if I never see this dude again, I am good. There are certain people you vibe with and certain people you don't. I get that, But then there are certain people who just throw salt into the pot just because they want to, you know what I'm saying, just to see what the outcome is. I don't like stuff like that. I feel a lot of what DeMarcus and a lot of other players are saying. He's not the easiest person to deal with. There's many players other than Jerr Smith that have decided to come over the top rope on George Carl. DeMarcus Cousins, of course long running beef with George Carl. He tweeted out in response to Cousins taking shots at the King's organization by asking what DeMarcus Cousins ever did for them? They paid you fifty million dollars and gave you the opportunity to play professional basketball, Sir, George Carl, do you know that that DeMarcus Cousins at one point was one of the most dominant big men in the game. Everyone wanted DeMarcus Cousins. They didn't give him an opportunity to play fucking basketball. I hate to tell you, George Carl, A whole lot of other teams would have been happy to pay Boogie Cousins as well. Don't act like Sacramento did some sort of favor to DeMarcus Cousins. He had seven coaches in seven years there, and of course DeMarcus Cousins, who was great.
Speaker 1: I love him Boogie. He tweeted a snake emoji.
Speaker 2: As his description of George carl So he seems to be beefing with everyone. George Carl He said, also Doc Rivers, we talked about this before two weeks ago, that Doc Rivers had been anointed as a black coach, and now there's going to be four or five more anointments of the young Afro American coach. Don't say Afro American, please, don't. That's cringe. Don't do that as if that's some sort of bad thing for coaches.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: To represent the players, the labor base they have that's largely black and brown.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: This seems like former players kind of make sense to me. Yeah, he also took a lot of unnecessary shots at Nuggets players. He uh whatever, for whatever reason, decided to say that Kenyon Martin had all that money and no father's fucked up. Carmarlos's dad died when he was two years old. Kenyon was raised by his mom and sister, and he says that those two are his father.
Speaker 1: Figured.
Speaker 2: So I don't know Kenyan Martin. You already know he's not about this. He said he was an awful and coward ass coach, a terrible person, selfish, unhappy, miserable, the worst coach that he ever played for. Jesus, I met Kenyon Martin in Cincinnati a couple of weeks ago, and let me say that is probably the censored version of what he would say behind George Carl's back, without the media there to take note into record. It the list of former players who have zero good things to say about George Carl. The list is long, Gary Page, Sean Kemp, Chauncey Billups, numerous others, and George Carl still, for some reason, still tweeting about current players like Jahn Morant nineteen fifties takes on Ja Morant.
Speaker 1: If you know, you know, when you.
Speaker 2: Make a list of most or least popular NBA coaches, George Carl is literally the Kalisi of that list. No one is as unpopular as him, not a chance, and I don't think anybody will ever make that list. Also fun fact, George Carl accidentally spit on me in a basketball clinic. I was sitting front row and he just loogied all over me and didn't say goddamn word.
Speaker 1: So I personally don't like George Carl either.
Speaker 2: We have an uptake on Andrew Wiggins. I avoided discussing the situation in detail because it's a personal matter and I didn't want to get into it.
Speaker 1: I did a TikTok.
Speaker 2: There's a bunch of rumors about what happened with him and his girlfriend. There's a bunch of floating rumors circulating that were bullshit. Even Andrew Wiggins's girlfriend was responding to my TikTok videos, which was wild, saying that these were one hundred percent falls. I'm not even gonna mention what the rumors are anyway. Now we kind of have an honest update on what's happening with Wiggins. He's now back with the team.
Speaker 1: We even got a boom. This is the bomb. This is the sound of the woes bomb on it.
Speaker 2: Golden State Warriors All Star forward Andrew Wiggins is nearing a return to the team and is expecting to be back this week. Wiggins is missed twenty one games attending to a family member matter excuse me. Huge boost for the depending champions and the six seed in the West. This was followed by the first bits of real information about why Wiggins has missed the past twenty five games.
Speaker 1: What was the personal man?
Speaker 2: According to Shams, who always gives us more information than woaj, Andrew Wiggins's father is currently dealing with a serious medical condition. And Andrew Wiggins plans to attend Warriors Thunder on Tuesday. The reason for wiggins leave of absence since mid February is his father, Mitchell Wiggins, has been dealing with a serious medical condition situation. Sources close to the situation say it's rumored that Andrew Wiggins will be back before the play in tournament, which the Warriors inevitably will be in. That's kind of a tune up for Andrew Wiggins, actually a plan game. Maybe it's actually better for them and the Dubs need him more. Our Dubs need him, probably more than they ever have before. Let's be honest, Big prayers up for Wiggs, his pop, his entire family. It is great to have you back.
Speaker 1: Let's move on.
Speaker 2: We gotta talk about this Women's Final four Championship game really quickly because the game was incredible. My mom was texting me every other second. She had so many thoughts about Angel Reese and Alexis Morris and Caitlin Clark. She was just breaking down their game, talking about how incredible the postplay was. The game, let's be honest, wasn't nearly as fun probably as it should have been, because of the refs. The refs fucked everything up. They put Kaitlyn Clark in a foul trouble. They put Angel Reese in foul trouble. They put Alectionis Morris into four O foul trouble. They put u Sisano, Monica Sizzano.
Speaker 1: In foul trouble.
Speaker 2: It was probably the worst ref game I've ever seen in my life. And it was trending on Twitter. Of course, it's anytime, you know, trending the refs on Twitter, that's never good, right, But really, it was the aftermath of it that I want to talk about for a few minutes, specifically the reaction to Angel Reese and her trash talking.
Speaker 1: I love Angel Reese, I do. I did my fair share of trash talking on the court.
Speaker 2: I did my fair share of trash talking when the game was over the court. Nothing would stop me from coming to someone who was anointed as the future of college basketball if I slayed her and I got to tell her, YO, you forgot about the Tigers.
Speaker 1: I love how many eyeballs were on the game.
Speaker 2: I think five point five million for the Iowa South Carolina semifinal alone, which is twice as many viewers as any NBA game on ESPN this year.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I understand that Angel Reese was quote unquote taunting Caitlin Clark.
Speaker 1: Makes sense. She came right up into her face, did the ring did can't see me? John Cena?
Speaker 2: But let's be real, if the tables were turned and Caitlyn Clark did that to Angel Reese's face, same way, would people have called Caitlyn Clark a classless piece of shit.
Speaker 1: The answer is, think about it in your head.
Speaker 2: Do not immediately say yes, because if you immediately say yes.
Speaker 1: You're lying. You're lying.
Speaker 2: People who are willing to go on the record and tweet out that any twenty year old kid in the height of their most important moment of their basketball career is a piece of shit needs to look at themselves in the mirror and say I am out of pocket.
Speaker 1: There is a lot going on there.
Speaker 2: There is a racial undertone to the entire women's basketball tournament. Could not be more wider blacker matchup than Iowa versus Louisiana State. Look at the rosters, and I like the Angel Rees said, I am unapologetically myself. I do not care if you think that I am hood. I do not care if you think that I am not the typical player. I am gonna do me and they need to put some respect on my name.
Speaker 1: So that's really it.
Speaker 2: I'm excited that people are interested in women's basketball next year. Let's stop saying anything out of pocket about kids.
Speaker 1: Let's just not.
Speaker 2: Maybe you think that it was a classless move, but don't call her personally classless. Maybe you think it was shitty in how she did it, don't call her a piece of shit.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Don't do that. Let's concentrate on what's good.
Speaker 2: Caitlyn Clark, Angel Reese, Hayley van lith Zia Cook. By the way, Caitlyn Clark and Angel Reese both juniors. We're gonna get some more of this, baby. We are gonna get a little film night Invitational November twenty fifth, twenty twenty three in Portland, Oregon, another white city, and I bet they played one another. First game of the PKI women's basketball is blowing up.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: I'm here for it. But don't be a bad person when you're commenting on the game. That's all the time that we have for the episode of the Heat Check. Check back Monday. Don't forget to check the feed for past episodes, interviews, bonus episodes.
Speaker 1: Please follow us on the Heat Check.
Speaker 2: The playoffs are here, people, download subscribe, Tell your friends, tell every damn one of them, follow us on socialde this heat Check, and just to criick on TikTok because the Heat Check never sleeps, even when my voice is going for my tilt