Speaker 1: Welcome to the Second Date podcast and our listeners a little spicy this week, my goodness. Yes, it's Brick and Jeffrey in the morning and listen.
Speaker 2: Okay. The necessary evil of podcasts is we do have to run ads. It's the only way we can get paid. We don't get.
Speaker 1: Quick, we don't be paid for Spotify is the only way podcasts make revenue.
Speaker 2: We listen, we hear you, we hear you.
Speaker 1: Where replaced the mid roll ads was a little annoying, Okay, Yes, we're learning, we're adjusting, we're growing, all right, So we move them to a different spot. And I think that if you just be patient and listen, I think that it's going to be a much more enjoyable experience. Going to go somewhere in y our best yes, okay, so.
Speaker 2: Let us know if this is an improvement.
Speaker 3: For you, guys.
Speaker 1: But we really do love our listeners and we're so glad you're here with us.
Speaker 2: It means the world.
Speaker 1: And of course we love to highlight some good comments before we get to the brand new Second Date.
Speaker 2: Yes, someone with no name, but their user name was five O two.
Speaker 1: Okay, these segments are the highlight of my day.
Speaker 2: I'm a driver for AutoZone, and I get to listen to y'all all day. It helps the time go by faster.
Speaker 3: It's awesome.
Speaker 1: One of my kid's favorite things to sing is the AutoZone jingle oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, over and over again in the Zone Zone they say it all the time.
Speaker 3: I have on my family we used to sing the other jingle, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm so sorry I jingles, but I probably need new car parts to.
Speaker 2: All right, we got a brand new podcast for you. We hope you enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Yes, and thank you for enduring some ads to make sure that we can survive our lives.
Speaker 2: Hey, let's get this show started.
Speaker 3: Second Date, Up Date. I know nowadays people like to make fun of pickup lines, but the big question is do they still work? I mean, shoot, it depends.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: If it's clever enough and well thought out and it makes the other person chuckle a little bit, then why not try.
Speaker 2: It on one?
Speaker 1: On the text line for Alexis the other day and it said are you from France?
Speaker 2: Because madamn you find madam.
Speaker 6: Person?
Speaker 2: And yeah, I like that one.
Speaker 3: The truth is, some of the pickup lines are more effective than others. It's really comes down to the creativity of some individuals, and one very creative guy is on the phone with us right now. We're used a pickup line.
Speaker 1: If he uses that shrimp cocktail line, hang up, hang up on it.
Speaker 3: Let's find out his name is Kyle. Kyle walking to the show.
Speaker 5: Many thanks for having me on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kyle, in your email, you said that you tried out a new pickup line on a girl. Tell us about how that went.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm kind of proud of it. I'm at this bar with a few buddies of mine, and you know, I noticed a really cute girl hanging out. You sort of had my eyes for a little while ago. We made eye contact a couple of times, but she was also dancing with her girlfriends the whole night. So anyway, at certain point, I decided I was going to head home because I was tired and I was hungry.
Speaker 3: Okay, so wait, okay, when do you talk to her?
Speaker 5: But I pulled up Uber Eat because I actually live right by the bar. Okay, I'm going to order food now for delivery to be delivered to my house. But that's when I was like, you know what, I'm gonna try my move.
Speaker 4: Okay, on your way out, that's good.
Speaker 2: Well the Tila hid also finally. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I put my order in and then I turned my phone scream to her and I say, what do you want to eat?
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 3: Nice bro, so smart. I actually kind of like that.
Speaker 2: I like it, but I think the food's cating delivered to me at the bar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I wouldn't think I was an invite to your house.
Speaker 1: Well, and you have to pay for the whole group. Then gets the order, right, are you just letting her order?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What was the reaction?
Speaker 5: Well, her friends are actually still dancing at this point.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's just you because that is a risky one hundred and fifty dollars uber.
Speaker 3: Yah, what did she do?
Speaker 5: So she's my name and I learned her name, It's Jennifer. And then she grabs the phone and she starts crawling through the food.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The way to any woman's heart is your stomach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you got to get her on the hook. Now she's on Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then I tell her, I say, if you want it, it's being delivered to my place, so you'll have to come walk with me to grab it.
Speaker 3: Because she can go, whoa, I'm not going to your place, and then you can simply go, oh, I'm sorry, I'll change the address to hear.
Speaker 1: I mean, it is really risky for a woman to go back to somebody's place with a guy.
Speaker 2: Really, they've never offered your kid candy. But she tenders to a drunk girl at a bar exactly.
Speaker 3: Now I know where I've seen this before. It was on three different Netflix crime the Uber eats Killer.
Speaker 4: Well, so that's the thing, you're right.
Speaker 5: I mean, she was a little bit hesitant, but.
Speaker 3: The chicken tenders are on the line, So what is she going to say?
Speaker 5: Exactly? And she was like, wow, you're forward, and I said no, I'm just hungry.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 5: But that's when she started like interviewing me. Like I remember she said to me like, okay, but you're not a murderer, right, Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because always tell you right up front.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's an oath we take.
Speaker 2: I am good question.
Speaker 5: Darn you know. Next thing, no one walking home to the bar.
Speaker 3: You did it?
Speaker 2: Worried about this girl's decisions. But yes, yes, I mean you sound like a really nice guy. So it worked out this time. Why she's not calling you back? Someone else lured her in with chicken strips, chicken strips.
Speaker 3: At every door. Okay, how did the walk home go?
Speaker 5: It was great. We were talking. She was really chill. We were connecting and we made each other laugh.
Speaker 2: So that's awesome.
Speaker 5: But anyway, we get to my plate and sober eats guys there with our food. Yeah for every timing, and we sit on the front porch and we ate our meal together.
Speaker 2: That's actually good.
Speaker 3: I'm sure pressure to go in or yeah.
Speaker 5: I thought about inviting her inside, but I don't know. I figured it would be kind of a sleazy move or something. And we totally honest. He was like, I actually was hungry and tired.
Speaker 3: All right, I've actually been there. I'm like, I kind of hope nothing happens here because I'm exhausting. How did you guys leave it at the end of the night.
Speaker 5: So she thanked me and we hugged, and I called her an uber to come pick her up and take her home. And that was at no kids, no, no, no, there was no but it was really I don't know, it was sweet. And that was a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: A couple of weeks and you haven't heard from her at all.
Speaker 5: Well, no, I've heard from her a little bit, but it's kind of she's not responding that much. She's like a few words here and there.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 1: Can you get a read on, like anything that gives you a guess into what's going on?
Speaker 5: I mean, look, I'm probably not the world's best flicking guy.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's like she saw me under the lights when we got back to my apartment.
Speaker 6: Just wanted a meal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, girls to talk to a creepy ie for thirty minutes for a free vodka kran.
Speaker 3: They will marry a guy for ten years. So let's figure this out. We have a little bit of time to kill before we reach out to Jennifer. So how about you put it in Uber eats order for all of us here. I'll take a cheeseburger, Alexis, what do you chicken tenders?
Speaker 4: Brooks?
Speaker 2: Okay? Do we have fried pickles on the menu?
Speaker 3: Okay, now, now the order is getting too big and you're getting really specific with the stuff. A salad to Kyle, you forget it? Okay, just get the cheeseburger. We'll come back. We'll do your second date update right after this.
Speaker 2: Sign a rich.
Speaker 3: Second date update. Did we just hear the pickup line of the year.
Speaker 2: It's pretty amazing. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: We definitely have a contender because our listener Kyle went out to a bar recently, went up to a very pretty woman, just handed her his phone with the Uber eat sapp up and said, what do you want to order?
Speaker 1: Was even more amazing is he got her to leave with him while her girlfriends were still.
Speaker 2: At the bar. That is like an impossible feat.
Speaker 3: That's right. She was skeptical, but next thing you know, she was eating chicken tenders with him on his front porch at his place. That is a success. It's one win, and we want to double it up today. Let's go for two to victories with this girl. Are you with me, Kyle?
Speaker 5: I'm with you.
Speaker 1: Okay, Kyle, You're not going to lead the revolution.
Speaker 2: I don't think that kind of excitement.
Speaker 5: I don't want to lead the revolution. I just one another date.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll charge in for you. My cheeseburger hasn't arrived yet, though, so I am getting a little bit irritated, a little angry.
Speaker 2: And I'm hoping. Yeah, that's what you have to pause mid just for you to Kyle.
Speaker 3: Any E t A on that uber eat. Okay, we hear a knock at the studio door. We all need to pause. All right, this is important, but first let's dial Jennifer. We'll see if she answers and try and get you another date. But here we go. Hello, Hi, is this Jennifer?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Hey, we're a radio show. We're called brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Hey, Jennifer, bringing the world to other one chicken st.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Our tagline is not your typical morning show, but that's Brooks personal tagline.
Speaker 2: He in the world.
Speaker 3: Jeff Yeah, So how you doing.
Speaker 6: I'm good?
Speaker 2: Probably confused.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we get that reaction a lot. But we're doing a segment with you here. It's called second Date Update.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: And we're reaching out because one of our listeners has asked us to get a hold of you, a guy named Kyle.
Speaker 2: Oh do you remember Kyle.
Speaker 3: You guys hung out the other night at like, at a bar.
Speaker 2: I think it was a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 3: A couple of weeks ago, you went home and had some chicken tenders with him on his front porch.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, so maybe someone was more drunk than.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you remember eating chicken strips.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I remember.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's good. Well, it was a very memorable night for Kyle, and he told us all about it. We're just trying to hopefully pry into your brain a little bit and see how you felt about it. Oh okay, Well, particularly what would really help is if there was anything that went wrong for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a reason why you're not interested in.
Speaker 3: Him, because he's been trying to get a hold of you for the last two weeks. He said, he's been having a hard time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess the only bad thing that happened was it was kind of rude and weird of him to eat.
Speaker 6: Some of my food that I ordered, Like I know he was offering.
Speaker 3: But wait, we don't know that part of the story. All we heard is that he ordered something and he let you order chicken tenders, and you went back to his place and you ate him.
Speaker 6: No, but he missed the part where when we got the food, he was like, let's put the food down in the middle of the steps, like family style and cool.
Speaker 4: I didn't really want any of what he ordered for himself, so he he ended up eating all of his food and basically half of mine, and.
Speaker 2: That you didn't want to share your chicken tender. I mean, that's just a really shaable meal.
Speaker 1: I understand why he would assume that it's a shared plate.
Speaker 6: Well, that wasn't my expectation. He just kind of said, whatever you want.
Speaker 3: Well, sometimes on dates, gentlemen like to taste the women's food to make sure it's not poisoned.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 3: Yes, it could have been protecting you.
Speaker 6: I don't think that that's the reason.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I think it's just like you guys have.
Speaker 2: Two different styles, right, you just met.
Speaker 1: You don't know, like some people love to share food, some people don't.
Speaker 3: I don't ever care.
Speaker 1: I'm sure if you would have told them, then he would have been like, oh my god, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: Did you let him know?
Speaker 6: No, But there was another issue that bothered me too.
Speaker 3: Okay, besides the family style meal. Let me guess you took a sip of your water?
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 6: I mean he kept talking about how he's not.
Speaker 4: Into the casual dating scene and he wants to have something really serious and.
Speaker 6: Wants to find his soulmate.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, he has ranch dressing all over his face.
Speaker 3: A drunken like club night that's not the deep talk. He probably thought it.
Speaker 2: He said he wasn't drunk. No, he said he wasn't that drunk drunk as he usually.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: And I'm sorry that ranch dressing in the corner of people's mouth.
Speaker 3: Oh god, Okay, so that was a little turned off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but you know, that's just one moment. Like, at least he's a guy who wasn't looking for a one night stand exactly.
Speaker 3: So forget about that moment and let's focus on a happier moment, this one where I tell you that he's on the other line quietly listening in on this conversation. That's a nice moment.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: You didn't say anything that bad.
Speaker 3: You know, you're fine, Kyle? Are you there?
Speaker 5: I'm here? What up?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: Hey, Kyle, I feel it. Talk to Jennifer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I kind of can't believe that you feel this way. I mean, you didn't say no when I asked if we could share.
Speaker 3: Oh oh you did ask?
Speaker 6: I mean, what was I supposed to say? You were the one who ordered the food.
Speaker 3: I kind of see her point, though. It feels rude to say no, you can't have any of the thing you paid for.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I wouldn't have been polite. And you just kept eating the food like you kept eating more and more.
Speaker 1: I see both sides on this because when my husband takes some of my fries, he takes like a whole handful.
Speaker 2: I'm like, just eat it one at a time. You're giving me anxiety and it's all going to be gone. Yeah, you gotta read the room if they're not touching your.
Speaker 3: Sign that Yeah, I mean, Kyle, I understand that you paid for it, but can you see where she is coming from how it bothered her?
Speaker 5: I don't know. I thought you were giving me a a green light. You were smiling at me. You eat like a bird, Yeah, I ate like a.
Speaker 6: Bird because you had all the food.
Speaker 1: Hey, you don't want to put your hand in a hungry tiger's cage.
Speaker 5: You know the reason why you didn't call me back and why you wouldn't really answer my messages is because you saw that I only tipped the dollar.
Speaker 3: What Why would you only tip a dollar fifill on the receipt for the Uber eats.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we met the uber eats guy. He was waiting for us there and then and then he was looking at me weird and anyway, I tipped him a dollar.
Speaker 1: Did you see that, Jennifer, because he didn't tell us about that.
Speaker 6: I had no idea until right now.
Speaker 5: Did you.
Speaker 2: Was it an accident that only one dollar thing?
Speaker 3: No, he explained, remember you look at him funny.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's all.
Speaker 2: It took the driver weed for you with the food.
Speaker 3: Too, Yeah, probably expecting a bump and tip afterwards.
Speaker 5: I didn't order to have a food A dollar is like it's like almost ten percent anyway, dude.
Speaker 1: Two orders out of Uber Eats no matter where you get about it, at least thirty bucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, four thousand.
Speaker 2: Dollars, Yes, exactly.
Speaker 3: It's not looking great for you right now. That's just my opinion. But uh, who knows. Maybe bad tipping could be a turn on to Jennifer. Jennifer, ooh good with his money? Yeah, what do you think about someone who likes to save?
Speaker 6: It's definitely not a turn on.
Speaker 3: I can tell you that, Okay, Kyle, I mean, as do you have any last words here before I asked the question?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I didn't murder you on the way home like you thought I was going to.
Speaker 3: Deserves that's something. And look, Jennifer, with the grace of not being killed that night. I'm going to ask you if you would like to go out with Kyle one more time.
Speaker 2: That's how low the bar is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, promises not to murder you the second date. He's a good guy. I'm not even gonna offer to pay for the tip on your dates. I'm not going to Kyle is generously going to cover it with one whole dollar. You feel agreed, maybe if you agree to see him one more time.
Speaker 4: I couldn't be the least amount of attracted to another human being like him, like I just can't.
Speaker 3: Wow. Wow, Okay, we're gonna read between the lines, yeah and say that's a negatory.
Speaker 5: I've got my where. He's open right now, are you sure? Because you can order something what I mean one.
Speaker 6: Kyle, you'll probably eat half of it anyway.
Speaker 3: It's not wrongly, Kyle, my cheeseburger has still not arrived yet. Are you eating it right now?
Speaker 2: That's because he's been blackballed from the app because of his tippy.
Speaker 3: And damn it, Kyle. Look Jeffrey in the morning. Okay, I'm going down my checklist. Here eats half of everyone's meal, has ranch dripping from the corners of his mouth while talking about finding a soulmate one dollar or less on food deliveries.
Speaker 2: That's not funny, and refuses.
Speaker 3: To murder on a first date. Why are we unsuccessful?
Speaker 2: Shocking and won't murder you?
Speaker 3: Totally? I'm blaming the room on this one for not pulling through and getting another date. Should have been a layup with this guy, I say, out.
Speaker 2: Of all of them, you weren't on his side as much as I thought you'd be. You know, I thought you'd stand up for a more. You told him in the middle like this is going south.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't appreciate when I'm not the cheapest guy in the room. That's my role, and he was trying to steal that from me. So not cool, Kyle, not to mention my cheeseburger never arrived, like I said, So.
Speaker 2: There's no way he's getting any orders ever.
Speaker 3: Again, I don't forgive, but a lot of people don't know this. Our entire show, by the way, and all of our second dates are up available on YouTube if you want to listen, go there, search Brooke and Jeffrey and somebody order me a damn cheeseburger.
Speaker 2: You won't order it yourself.
Speaker 1: This is just like when I get us lunch every again, Where's my burker