Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The Emirates NBA Cup is here. You can win big getting in on the action at Draft Kings sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. All thirty teams split into six groups every Tuesday and Friday, playing for the right to advance into a single elimination in season tournament culminating in the NBA Cup Championship in Las Vegas. First time. Here's something special for you new Draft King customers. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets if your bet wins. Score big with Draft Kings Sportsbook, Every point counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code money Moves. That's colde money Move for new customers to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bet if your bet wins when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and yans four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling. Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction Voyd and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on the amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Thank you for joining us for an episode of Nightcap. I am your favorite own Jan and Sharp. That guy right there is your favorite Liberty City native. He's a Bengal Ring of Fame monterie. He's a pro bowler. He's an all pro. That's Chad Ocho Cinko Johnson, Jeff calling Mojo. According to Adams as chef to Bill Belichick, scene is a likely to be among Jerry Jones' top head coach options. Chef to said lots of speculations swirling about the cowboyd what the Cowboys would do, even thought about coach Belichick having been spotted in Dallas last week. It can be confirmed that Bill Belichick was in Dallas last week, but it wasn't to meet with the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: It was for a previous speaking engagement.
Speaker 2: Still, that doesn't start the idea that there are people across the league who continue to believe that coach Belichick would be one of the top considerations for Jerry Jones. After the season, Bill was not pleased with Dallas effort tonight against Joe Mixon.
Speaker 3: Go tackling. You wear pass for a reason, go tackling.
Speaker 1: I don't see it. I don't see it.
Speaker 5: If you understand for those that are in the chat, if you understand how Bill is, if you understand how he runs the ship, how he runs his ship, one of the main things that he talks about is not talking, no bulletin board material, keeping quiet, and to have an owner like Jerry Jones at the front and center of everything. I think maybe he would like it in a sense, the fact that it takes away from him having to talk and being front of the cameron, in front of the media. He takes that spotlight. I think it's something that Bill might not like, But I think he gives too much balloons, board material to the other team and unnecessary pressure on the players as well.
Speaker 2: But what happens when coach Belichick comes in and say this roster is not good enough to compete. Everybody on that roster is there at the behest of Jerry. How is that going to make Jerry look when he said nobody could do a better job selecting these players than me, and Coach Belichick comes in there and says.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's a conversation that would we had way beforehand. I'm not sure if even you know, Bill was able to even think about taking the taking the job in Dallas. I mean, he would understand obviously I don't have a roster to be able to compete, and he would probably tell Jerry, you know, noring Bill, who is a very, very honest if you're able to talk to him one on one, man, Jerry, you you lie, not not only to yourself, you lie to the fancy.
Speaker 2: Chall You got some fuzzs on your neck, bro, Yeah I got it, Yeah you got I know you didn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go ahead, it's gone.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, appreciate that appreciation. You're a good dude, because you could just have me up here all fussy the whole show. I appreciate that. Yeah, hey, but hey yo, not knowing Bill, knowing Bill, oh Man, He'll tell Jerry right away. Listen, I can't do nothing with this. I can't numb with this. Don't don't give me scrapped and I'm not I don't mean to be disrespectful of the player. Don't give me scrapped and tell me to make it gourmet meal.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna be able to do it. It's not gonna work right.
Speaker 3: It's just hard.
Speaker 2: And I know people have said that Coach Belichick says he doesn't need control, but it's hard when you've had control for two plus decades that all of a sudden says, you know what, I answer to a GM or I got a pro personnel director, and I got an answer to the owner when you've never had you had a direct line.
Speaker 3: Of communication straight to the owner.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying it can't happen, but it's just hard for me to believe to see a scenario that he can just give up that kind of autonomy.
Speaker 5: For a long understanding the way Bill runs his ship in order, and I don't need you in my way. I don't need you in my way and doing what it takes the Bill a contender.
Speaker 1: I know what it takes. You've done it before. You have super ring I have superol rings.
Speaker 5: I think, I think, if I'm not mistaken, Bill has two more than two more than the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Right, uh he has he has wings. The Cowboys have five, but he has two as a defensive coordinator. Damn, so he has eight total. He went to with the Giants. He was decordinated with the giantson.
Speaker 5: At that point, Jerry said, you know what, I give you the rings if I'm just saying hypothetically speaking, if it's if it's ever to happen, Jerry had to take a seat. He gotta take a seat. He gotta take a back seat. Bill does what he's already done. He's already done. He knows what it tasts and this time, in this era, he knows what the ross needs to look like. He knows what pieces need to do when it comes draft. When it comes draft time, nobody does it better than Bill when it comes to breaking down for him and understanding what type of players I.
Speaker 1: Need to be a team where Jerry relinquish that power.
Speaker 2: Well, Jerry like names Bill like guys that fit a particular scheme. He likes smart players. He liked players that fit. A safety it will be a certain size, a linebacker to be a certain size, defensive lineman to be a certain size.
Speaker 3: It's hard.
Speaker 2: Everybody can't play D line in the scheme because his D line is to eat up players and let the linebacker free flow and go make plays. That's how he operates. He's a two gap guy. He doesn't want you to run the football. Everybody has a responsibility. Do your responsibility, and I think this is work. I'm gonna put you in the right situation for you to do your job. But it's gonna be very interesting to see what the Cowboys do for the rest of the season. Joe Burrow is on pace to finish the season as an early vacation despite leading the NFL in passing yards in passing touchdown. Joe Burrow is projected to finish with four hundred and forty six hundred and eighty yards, forty two touchdowns, and six interception, which should potentially win in the MVP. But guess what, he ain't gonna get no votes, but instead he has a sub five hundred record in his team as a joke through the first eleven game, the Bengals are four and seven. Joe has three thousand, two hundred three thousand, twenty eight passing yards, twenty seven touchdowns and four interceptions. Players to achieve three thousand passing yards, twenty seven plus touchdowns and a five or fewer interceptions through eleven games. Tom Brady in twenty seven, two thousand seven twenty fifteen one season, he was sixteen to old. The other season he was thirteen and three. Aaron Rodgers in twenty twenty, In twenty eleven, twenty twenty one, and twenty twenty, excuse me, he was fifteen and one, thirteen and three. Patrick Mahomes in twenty twenty was fourteen and two. Drew Brees twenty eighteen, he was thirteen and three.
Speaker 3: You'll see.
Speaker 2: I think Brady won MVP in both of those seasons, didn't he? Aaron Rodgers? I think Aaron Rodgers won the MVP in both of those seasons. I think Patrick Mahomes won the MVP.
Speaker 5: So because he's four and seven, regards what the numbers numbers are, there's no way you win.
Speaker 1: Well, was is Jery Golf? Jered Golf and Josh.
Speaker 3: Well, you got Jery golf playing well enough to win it. You got.
Speaker 2: In Buffalo, Josh Allen playing well enough, you got, say, Kawan Barkley. So how do you give it to a guy because at the end of the day, he putting up all those stats in a losing effort, you know, I mean, yeah, if he was winning, Oh Joe, Yeah, let's just say, for the sake of argument, I ain't saying he needed to be ten and one, but let's just say, for the sake of argument, he's seven and three and one or he's eighty three. Now we got a whole different discussion with those types of numbers. Yeah, but yeah, he's having he's having a head of receiver. He's the head of a player. Yeah, he's the number one overall pick part reason he got two outstanding receivers his defense, and he has to put up those type numbers because the defense is bad.
Speaker 3: Oh Choe.
Speaker 2: People want to know, is Joe Burrow being wasted in Cincinnati? That's a good question. I wouldn't say. I wouldn't say you're being wasted in Cincinnati. Think about it hypothetically speaking. Obviously, Joe's going to be there for a decade, a decade plus or more. Where else can he go? Where else would he go? Where wouldn't be wasted?
Speaker 5: Because all the other opportunities and another chances for him to be on the team that is good, that had the chance to win a Super Bowl already have quarterbacks. Huh, think about it, even if you throw it a hypothetical, what situation would be better than what he's in right now with the offense that he has, even though the defense is bad, any team that has a good defense, I guarantee they already have a quarterback.
Speaker 1: Think about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I mean, as I understand what it's still saying and saying, you know, it's being wasted. But there's a reason he's a quarterback. So the point of what they have to do is every team is a quarterback away from winning a Super Bowl or being able to contend. So the Bengals are in a position to contend year in and year out because of who they have at they hand on at quarterback. Now that what you have to do is you gotta build around him. They already build around him offensively. Now you got to build the defense or gets.
Speaker 2: Well, it's gonna caut it's gonna hurt you because you got a quarterback on maxim money, a receiver that's not gonna give you a discount because you jerked him around. So what you could have got in to, say, one hundred and forty five million, is gonna probably cost you one fifty five one sixty and he's gonna want ninety million in guaranteed money. So that's the problem that you're running too. When you kick the can down the road, it's a great thing to have because that means the guy that you selected in the first round you hit on the bad news is you gotta pay him. You're probably gonna think about it. Oh Joe, you're probably gonna lose Hendrickson, Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Remember he wanted more money.
Speaker 1: Right now too.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, you're gonna lose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got you need a D tackle? You need a D tackle?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Will you let rider go? So y'all got your work cut out for you.
Speaker 2: Over kicker Evan McPherson has basically toss the Bengals three to four wins and lost the KC twenty six, twenty five. He mixed your extra point lost to Washington. He missed the field goal thirty thirty three, lost to Baltimore missed the field goal forty one thirty eight lost to the Chargers. He missed two field goals thirty four to twenty seven. Hey, same thing with Justin Tucker.
Speaker 5: You know, I think I think we can go down to a list of numerous games that have happened throughout the season where I hate saying it where it shouldn't come down to the kicker, but it actually comes down to the kicker's foot.
Speaker 1: It actually comes down to him being.
Speaker 5: Damn what's the word I'm looking for for kickers with him being accurate, you know, for the lack of better time terms. And yes, that's a very very very tough spot to be in where you can't miss field goals. The gold posts a lot more, a lot, a lot narrower now being being able to being able to hit him. You know, I heard Justin Tucker, you know, complain about about the surface and listen, it had nothing to do with that, it all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh Joe, Yeah, let me ask your question, what if I put Joe What if I put Joe Burry in Minnesota with that defense?
Speaker 3: He still got JJ, he got.
Speaker 1: Adamson, but they got JJ McCarthy.
Speaker 5: So as as a hypothetical speaking on it, you might get him the trophy.
Speaker 2: Josh Allen has officially overtaken Lamar as the MVP front runner. Josh Allen is now a plus one fifty. Lamar Jackson if a plus two hundred, Jared Goff is a plus six hundred, Jalen Hurts is fourth with plus twelve hundred. Patrick Mahomes is plus thirteen hundred, and Kyler Murray is plus fifteen hundred. And the regular season, Josh Allen has passed for two thousand, five hundred forty three yards eight which is seventh, eighteen touchdowns which is six, five interceptions. He's tied for fifth. I mean, he's tied for fifty seventh, which is a good thing. And if QBR of seventy two point six puts him in fourth Lamar, He's second in passing yards two thousand, eight hundred and seventy six. He's second in touchdowns twenty five. He's tied for forty seven with three interceptions. He's number two in QBR seventy five point one.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what, you know, what's funny everything?
Speaker 5: You just ran it down, Yes, sir golf probably golfing and Josh Allen obviously being the back and forth, It's gonna change because with Lamar. Lamar is not gonna play another bad game like he did against the against the Steelers, He's gonna come out and he's going to be the front runner again. Can then go out and he's gonna put on an unbelievableformance. I'm not sure who. I'm not sure what their schedule is or who they're playing next, but the other teams aren't used to him.
Speaker 1: It's not a divisional game. It's not going to be a divisional game.
Speaker 5: They're not going to have the structured defense to be able to contain him the way the Steelers do. The Steelers are built to be able to stop a player like himself because they're used to seeing him and understanding that team's tendencies offensively. So he gonna come out, he's gonna have one hell of a day, do some crazy stuff on the ground, do some crazy stuff in the air, and he's gonna be back at the number one spot to an MVP.
Speaker 1: I guarantee, you guarantee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, look, look, I mean he has another game against the Steelers. Steelers have given them problems. Yeah, he has another game but this game is at home against the Steelers. Uh, what who the hell they got the Steelers? I think they got another game against Cleveland. Yeah, at Chargers this week. He's at the Chargers this week. Eagles at home at Giants home versus the Steelers, at Texans home versus the Brown So it ain't.
Speaker 5: Again every every team you just name don't have the personnel like the Steelers dude to be able to stop what he's able to do and what he does, Well.
Speaker 2: What about the personnel is going up against his defense? What about the Eagles offense against that defense? What about the Texans offense against that?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 1: Hey, can I tell you something? The people do you do know?
Speaker 5: Your raven team is dead last in the secondary when it comes against the pasty.
Speaker 2: I've been trying, but see what I tell people that They say, Well, you're trying to, you trying to.
Speaker 3: I know, I'm if.
Speaker 2: You see that when people tell me, oh, now you could tell Shannon to watch the game. You watching it, but you don't know what the hell you're looking for. You're like a blind dog in the meathouse. You can't tell me fronts, you can't tell me coverages, you can't tell me formations. You can't tell me anything. All you watching for is touchdowns in sacks. I'm watching to understand why they have success. So while you tell me I'm not watching it, you watching it, but you don't know what the hell you looking at. It's like you're watching a farm fre them and they got something. Unless they give you subtitles, you don't know what the hell you looking at. I've been telling them, but they gave me excute. Wait, did this guy comes back? Waiting that guy comes back? Well, I saw you guys in there when you had those guys and your defense was still bad in.
Speaker 1: Past the much better stop the run that that that second level.
Speaker 2: At some point time, fans gonna have to understand everybody is not a hater. Sometimes people are just trying to give you information. Our job is sometimes to be is to be entertaining, is to be informative, to be educational.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, I say a lot of things.
Speaker 2: In a joke in manner, but I'm actually giving you factual information if you just listen to it. But you don't want to because you want to paint this narrative that, oh, Shannon is a hater. But listen, what Shannon said when it comes back what I tell you. Then you're talking about oh, oh, I could captain obvious. Well you didn't say it, right, But people don't. Just don't want to give no credit. Boy that people don't want to get no credit. Because if I didn't, if I didn't say it, why didn't you say that before I said it, when I knew that. No, you didn't, because I take you to the black I'll take you to the board and say, oh, draw me a cover six, draw me cover seven, give me fire zone. Okay, give me this formation, give me this protection. I want you to read therect what you.
Speaker 3: Mean by that? No, you know, if you're watching the game, you should know.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't think the casual the casual fan can't do that.
Speaker 3: Hell no, they can't.
Speaker 2: But they just want to jump on your timeline and try to try to Well, he ain't watching the game. I am watching the game. I also know that when you throw the ball more than your running at a raven, you lose. I mean that's what I do right there. I the one that's saying put Derick Henry in the eye. Ain't nobody else say that? I said it from the drug Otoe I say he's not his own read back because he's a long striter and you don't get you and he needs time to be able to redirect when you put him that close to the line. He's such a long striter he can't read the back to feet. Barry Sanders, a short strater, can do it.
Speaker 3: He perfect.
Speaker 2: That's perfect for him. But Dereck Henry needs to be able to change direction. He needs to be able to check his feet and cut back, get back downhill. That's why you put his heels at eight. You tossed it to him, You hand it to him and boom. Now, whoever drew up that damn play that they tossed that ball to Darick Henry and then let TJ.
Speaker 3: Watt come in down and blow his ass up.
Speaker 2: They should have put him back there running back and let the same thing happened.
Speaker 3: Don't block t J. Watt and let TJ watk I mean t J. Watt knock his.
Speaker 5: Answer at the right tackle. Should have known better. I'm not sure what the block of assignment was, but why would you let t J. Watt run Scott free with the pitch even though the pitch is going the opposite way. Still every time I get there every time.
Speaker 2: Yes, I just like, I'm like, who who thought that was a good idea? Hey, we're gonna run this tall play week, but we're gonna unblock t J watt okay, and you see what happened. Damn there got digger. And I'm like, that's why I stopped playing running back because I got tired of my bad shot. Well, it ain't your bad. I way down the damn field. I ain't got to worry about my band. I ain't got to worry about my bad on your I got tired of you bad.
Speaker 3: That's me. That's old me.
Speaker 2: Bro dude, got me looking at my ear hole. But you talking about your band?
Speaker 3: Do he?
Speaker 1: He speaking of that thinking.
Speaker 5: About how bad it is for quarterbacks when the old line is playing bad, when they can't block, and the quarterback continued to get over and over and over and you can't fuss with them, then you have to keep your your mannerisms and and your intel expressions has.
Speaker 1: To be on point. You do matter how many times you get hit in the game. Imagine I wanted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh Joe with let me ask you a question.
Speaker 2: Right when the Cowboys fell behind by ten thirteen points, with no thread to run the game. What you think the Texans thinking, Yeah, they ain't playing for no drawn, They're not playing for no run. They pitting their ears back.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 2: Everybody in the stadium know you're not gonna run it. And now you made it very. It's very I don't care who your offensive lineman are. You let them jokers know that every single down you're gonna throw it.
Speaker 1: Make no sense.
Speaker 2: Daniel Jones was demoted to third string quarterback with the two and a Giants on their bye week. This was a logical time to change and give a backup Danny DeVito, who has chosen over number two quarterback Drew Lot to prepare. O, yo, if I'm gonna lose, I don't want nobody to get anything, any chance or thank you. We're gonna win this game. Lot gonna go in there and try to win this game and try to show he deserves a chance.
Speaker 1: No, Danny, Danny, Danny the veto not that bad.
Speaker 3: Now, man.
Speaker 2: Look here, Danny de Vito. That's exactly right. You got his name right, Danny de Vito, his real name, Tommy Danny. Yeah, that's him, that's him. Yeah, he's gonna get you. He gonna give you the same results as Danny Veto.
Speaker 5: You want to make a little bet, you want to make a little bit coming out to buy come out of the bye for the Giants.
Speaker 3: The only thing that abuy is this season bye Tommy. But think about yes, think about this. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Drew Locke was the second string. They promoted the third string, which tells me he want the high draft pick.
Speaker 3: Drew Locke potential to win a game. Win't Finn win with him?
Speaker 2: Jones bench single the end of a six year run to Johnson with the giantson started quarterback. The Giants went thirteen and three in games started by Jones over the past two seasons, and they ranked last in the league in scoring. His career record is twenty four, forty four and one. Hey, give me those stats, o Joe, I will give you. He's twenty four, he started what seventy games? He's twenty four, forty four and one.
Speaker 3: H Oh, Joe. They gave this man a.
Speaker 2: Contract extension forty million dollars, one hundred and sixty on sixty.
Speaker 3: Now you tell me you got actually pulling up?
Speaker 2: No, I want his record twenty nineteen, twenty twenty one before he got Yeah, no, I don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody know, everybody know who up.
Speaker 2: The Panthers talking about reportedly have have interest in Daniel Jones.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, oh joe uh.
Speaker 2: He started twelve games his rookie He went three and nine. The next season, he went five and nine. The next season, he went four and seven. He goes nine sixty one, and he gets a contract extension. Now see, you see what they did. They disregarded the previous three seasons a big sample size for the small sample size, because we want to justify giving this man this money. You see what they did. You see, now we gonna disregard the three and nine. We're gonna disregard the five and nine. We're gonna disregard. Now he had he had eleven touch Okay, what he had. He had eleven touchdowns, ten interceptions, ten touchdowns, seven interceptions. He went fifteen and five BEZ game rays.
Speaker 5: That fifteen and five looked good. That fifteen and five and nine to six record, that look good. Okay, maybe he's going in the right in the right direction. After the first three years or the first two, you know, the first three he didn't look like he should boom. The year where it counts what would call it the contract where you want to give a quarterbacks money they saw the improvement as opposed to the small sampathize that they did see.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe he's proving out this is they.
Speaker 2: Made Lamar Jackson play under the franchise tag after he won an MVP.
Speaker 3: But that ain't none of my fusiness. I don't even know why I brought it up for you.
Speaker 2: Let me keep my mind shut, because first of all, quarterback is the only position that you get paid on potential. They would let if Jamar Chase wasn't doing what he was doing, he can't get no money. They can't say, well, you know what I think, Lamar, Lamar, Jamar Chase hitting in the right direction, Let's give him.
Speaker 3: Let's give him top number one receiver money.
Speaker 2: All the guys name a position other than quarterback that you get paid on potention. I'm not saying Joe Burrow, I mean them guys that earned that money. But a lot of these quarterbacks get paid on man, I believe he's turned the corner. They don't never pay another position believing that he's turned the corner.
Speaker 5: And and there's there's there's a whole nother conversation and I don't want to go there, but you did bring it up. You know, it was the elephant in the room you talked about. They made Lamar Jackson play on the what.
Speaker 1: Okay franchise tag, but they didn't VP. That's another coma.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I ain't breaking on. I don't think I bring everybody. Yeah, they have the three blind I saw it. Oh damn that but A it sved it couldn't happen to a better organization than the Giants. Serves your right because you didn't want to play Sa Kuan.
Speaker 1: You know they don't. They don't value the running back position, as they said.
Speaker 2: Phelly did not look at him. Look at look at Joe Mixing what he's doing. Look at what Joe Mixon is doing for the Houston in Texans. Joliph jack Henry can do that when they give him the ball. We see what he does for the Ravens offense. He makes them almost undefendable, indefensible.
Speaker 3: Shoot. Joey Porter Jr.
Speaker 2: Sells will call tickets for four hundred piece over the weekend Talk Ball with Joey Porter Jr.
Speaker 3: They did blackest thag posible.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah, no, no, I'm saying this guy did right. Joey Porter family Jeorde Porter Jr. Family sells his tickets, right, Okay, Joey Porter Jr. Family sales chickens will call tickets for four dollars a piece over the weekend talk ball with Joey Porter's family. They did the blackest thing possibly They sold their will call tickets for four hundred piece. I've seen nephew play enough ball.
Speaker 3: I know what he do.
Speaker 1: Respects make it a business. Yeah, that was funny.
Speaker 2: Yes, hey, oh joe would you care if your family sold tickets and you left for them at will call?
Speaker 3: No? Probably not, probably not.
Speaker 5: I'm leaving tickets for your will call that I'm probably getting for free anyway.
Speaker 1: And if you want to make a little make a little side money on that.
Speaker 5: You know I have no I have no problem with your hustle. I have no problem with your hustle because that means you ain't gonna be asking me for no money.
Speaker 3: No, I'm trying to think, what do you think?
Speaker 5: Matter of factn't depending on who were playing, they definitely coming.
Speaker 1: It's showing up, but you already know.
Speaker 2: But I mean, for the most part, on your like, if I leave somebody tickets that will call, specially my family already know they coming because first of all, they stay with me or they stay at the hotel that paid for so I know they breaking theirs as to the game.
Speaker 3: So uh, I've never really thought about it yet.
Speaker 5: Just for the case, for the scenario you talking about, I mean, I can't. I don't really see any family member.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, as a matter of fact, I did.
Speaker 2: I got my homeboy, I got budget Chicken to the super Bowl and they ended up. I guess they left more than what they should. Man, he said, homeboy, I sold them tickets. I said, well what I cut both folk? How you gonna how you gonna sell something I gave you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, that.
Speaker 2: Financed my trip. No, but you like, I'm like you, I hate cried over that. Hell because you leave them low enough. Hell, they'll sell them.
Speaker 3: The people. The people pull them and sell them.
Speaker 2: So you got a certain amount of time to get your aster the game or they gonna sell them.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: Oh well.
Speaker 2: The Bills hand the Chief the first loss of the season. Josh Allen rushes for a late touchdown on fourth down. I don't know what the Chief was thinking. They know they're gonna put the ball in Josh's hand and he's gonna run it. He's gonna That's what he's done every time against the Kansas City Chiefs when they get the fourth down, they get to thirty one. That's what you're supposed to do. Put the ball in your best player's hand and let him do what he does. But the Bills put up thirty points against the Kansas City's defense that hadn't allowed more than thirty points since Week four of twenty twenty two, forced Mahomes to throw two interceptions. Allen improves the four and one in the regular season over Mahomes. Buffalo is now nine in two, a half game back of Kansas City for the best record in the AFC. Look, I mean, people, see the thing that I hate, Ojo is that, like when we analyze a critique a great player, and that's what Mahomes is.
Speaker 3: He's a historically great player.
Speaker 2: People's like, well, Home's not playing well, and when you say that, people think that you're trying to take away from what he's already done.
Speaker 3: No, he's done that I'm talking about right now.
Speaker 2: Nobody can end there that even if you were the arden die hardest of Chiefs fans, thanks, Mahons is playing well.
Speaker 3: He's not.
Speaker 2: That doesn't mean And because he's not playing well, that doesn't mean. Do you believe he could turn it around. Yes, but let's deal with what we need to deal with. Look how many interceptions he had as opposed to touchdowns. It's damnar like every game you penciled in, Mahon's gonna turn the ball over at least once, at least once. He's not playing well. He has not played well this year. He's had moments in which he's played well, but the totality, Mahons used to play clean for the entirety of the game.
Speaker 3: He would go.
Speaker 2: Stretches where he'd have five, six, seven, eight games and he would be virtually impeccable. Now you hope you can get five or six possessions in which he's impeccable, but he's not playing well. The defense gable. Like I said, think about it and see this is what normally happens. You know it's gonna be a situation, don't Joe. Somebody is gonna put points on your defense. This is worth My homes needed to have that game, to go get thirty one, to go get thirty four, So that's the question that you're gonna have to ask yourself. Chiefs fans follow the NFL, if somebody can have a day in which they get up on the Chiefs and have better than normal day against that defense and Patrick Mahomes and this offense.
Speaker 3: Outdual of the opposing team's offense, it used to be a no doubt.
Speaker 2: It used to be unless you score twenty eight or thirty points, you could beat.
Speaker 3: The Chiefs.
Speaker 1: Right well, honestly, if you think about it.
Speaker 5: And when we come to the regular season, now the Bills are four and one against the Chiefs, but Rick Cows when we talk about that dueling situation where it matters most and Patrick Mahon coming coming in and playing his best football and opportune times it's been in the postseason where they are three and zero against the Bills. So again, in the regular season, for some reason, the Bills the Boys had success when it comes to playing the Chiefs, but when it mattered most, when it mattered most in the postseason, Patrick Mahomes has always come on top in those dual games like that. But again, not to take anything away from the Bills and what they did today. Hell I even I even had the Bills.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think everybody should have. I think the thing is, ohoe is that people like, well mahomes, mahomes, but we've never seen home play stretches like this. That's the difference. Yeah, we know what he is, we know what he's done, but we haven't seen him play like this.
Speaker 3: We have it. He had, he had Worthy.
Speaker 2: Wide open, and he throws him, leaves him out of bounds, he leaves him up the fielders a touchdown. It's plays like that that he used to never miss, and now more more it's more routine to see him miss those throws than make those throws, which is very uncommon. It's something that we're not used to seeing. The Bills mounted five scoring drives of at least eight plays and sixty yards. Four of those plays ended on a touchdown and one end of the field goal. So five of the six drives of at least eight plays and sixty yards ended in scores four tds, one field goal. Josh Allen was twenty seven or forty two sixty two, one touchdown, one I n T. They ran the ball thirty one times fo one hundred and four yards. James Cook had two touchdowns and it was Josh Allen that sealed it. Laid on the fourth down twenty six yard run Patrick Mahalls. I mean, look at it. Twenty three of thirty three for one night. Has Patrick Mahwmes have a three hundred yard game this year? He might have one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe maybe one, but again, you know what, you know what else, you know what else that comes into it makes it that much more difficult coming off a super Bowl champion. I mean, you're coming off of Super Bowl win. Everybody target everyone to study. Everyone has studied you, all your tendencies, everything you like to do. They studied your offense, they studied your quarterback. So it makes it that much more different for Patrick Holmes and that offense at the people of game planned and prepared to play. So I think things are a little bit more difficult for them, and and that that's on Andy Reid to continue to do what he does and being as creative as possible to throw the teams that you're playing off because they're a little bit better prepared.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but give Buffalo created Buffalo. Buffalo is playing extremely well. Josh is playing he's running. Hey, you look at six foot five, sixty six fifty five and he can run and he's a low and once he once he opens up man who's trying to tackle him. DBS ain't trying to tackle that man so bad, please, But he's playing well. He throw the ball back. I mean he's had what consecutive game, three consecutive games, I'm not mistaken turning the ball over. But he didn't turn it over when they were in the red zone because a lot of times they was getting in trouble. He was throwing picks in the end zone. He was thumbing the ball in the red zone, and he was taking potential points after the board, even though any drive could have ended in in points. You know, but when you throw the ball in the end zone and it gets turned over, you know you're already in.
Speaker 3: Field goal range.
Speaker 2: But yeah, dang, if I told you the quarterback has thrown in eleven games. The ten games have thrown for twenty four hundred yards. He has fifteen touchdowns and eleven interceptions, what would you say, Oh, Joe, they.
Speaker 1: Probably losing, thank you, they're losing.
Speaker 5: If you don't put that, if you don't put the name, if you don't put the name, and you just say the stats in general, Loton dem and that whoever it is is playing.
Speaker 1: Very bad, very bad.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 1: The fact that it looks like that on and they're only and they're still nine and one, that says a lot about the player in general. Also as well.
Speaker 2: He's only had two games this season in which he has not thrown an interception. Yeah, two games, one against the same Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, Lamar can't get it done. He couldn't beat can't beat the Steelers again.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, the Lamar Jackson Steelers RUSS the Steelers beat Baltimore eighteen sixteen. It's just been difficult for the Ravens to overtake the Steelers when Lamar continues to struggle against them. Now, you know, the fans gonna come out there and say, well, he ain't got no receivers and he ain't got this. They're gonna blame Todd Monkin for the call because it ain't. Lamar played bad, and he's played bad more routinely than not when he's faced the Steelers.
Speaker 3: Have a yes.
Speaker 5: To about the Ravens yess game, And yes, for me, how many times did Derrick Henry Kirk carry a ball?
Speaker 3: They ran?
Speaker 2: Derrick Henry had thirteen carries they had the ball. They ran the ball nineteen times for one to twenty four. Lamar Jackson threw the ball thirty three times for two hundred and seven yards. Now we go back and look Cleveland, what was the ratio? But y'all don't want to be a y'all. See when we try to tell your your recipe to make a great dish that everybody in Baltimore and Mallin and the surrounding county is going to love. We hate, but y'all keep doing it this way. But anyway, let me finish this. Old Joe, the reigning MVP, is now one and four against the Steelers after completing just forty eight percent of his passes sixteen to thirty three, which does not include a desperation toss on a failed two point conversion. Justin Tucker missed two field goals. He missed field goals from forty seven to fifty yards in the first quarter, which marked the first time since twenty twenty two that he's failed to convert on back to back attempts. Tucker has now missed six field goals this season. Last season, he only missed five. Tucker said the playing surface was an ideal Tucker how many years have you kicked in Pittsburgh?
Speaker 3: Every time? Name of time, this time.
Speaker 2: Of year that the Steelers playing surface is ideal. What we've seen from Tuck is that he's no longer automatic. O Joe kicks from fifty fifty.
Speaker 3: Five and in they were money automatic.
Speaker 2: He could kick on the boon, he could kick in Pittsburgh, he could kick in Denver.
Speaker 3: It did not matter. But now.
Speaker 2: That's no longer the case because now what was if the game was closed and you put it on the foot of Tuck.
Speaker 3: Tuck was gonna handle it. What did what did? What did they do? First game? Uh? Have they they played? Who?
Speaker 2: The Ravens played the forty nine ers over the night? No, the Ravens played the Kansas City Give me all the start. Let's let's see with the run ratio to pass ratio because they've lost how many games at the Ravens lost four? Now, right, they've lost four. Let's let's see the ratio run past. We know they lost when they passed the ball more against Cleveland and the Pittsburgh Let's see the other two losses. If the run ratio what it was? But we go to find out because I want to speculate. Let's let's get this right because you know, O Joe, they want us to be perfect, so let's make sure we're perfect because somebody go say, oo, they did blah blah blah. So we're gonna make sure we got it right. Let's let's see what Let's see what the ratio is.
Speaker 1: Hey, you do know if Tuck, if Tuck makes one of those field goals, the Ravens win the game.
Speaker 2: Well, if that's to say, if Steelers cash one of those red zone possessions, you know they win the game. Right, Since we're doing hypotheticals, one teams kick six field goals from the red zone.
Speaker 5: Six field goals exactly the Steelers game without scoring touchdown. Yes, in real life. This ain't no video game. And the defense boy didn't know they were playing.
Speaker 2: Us running plays and they had seventy two, so that seventy four, so that means the other forty was throwing. Okay, So they threw it more against Kansas City, then they ran it. They lost. They threw it more against the Steelers, then they ran it and they lost. They threw it more against the Cleveland and they lost. What did they do against the Raiders? They lost against the Raiders.
Speaker 1: Also the volume